[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP Marvel Netflix

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 28

File: marveltv.png (331KB, 1027x685px) Image search: [Google]
marveltv.png
331KB, 1027x685px
>Disney wants to own a bigger piece of the streaming pie.
>The company announced during its latest earnings report on Tuesday it intends to pull all its movies from Netflix.
>Instead, Disney plans to launch a branded direct-to-consumer streaming service in 2019.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/08/disney-will-pull-its-movies-from-netflix-and-start-its-own-streaming-services.html
>>
If they make the Netflix shows non-canonical or change the movie timeline with time travel they can bring them in after they've increased in notoriety and just maybe have to deal with backlash for changing the timeline.
>>
That seems kinda stupid, how many non-animated movies does Marvel have anyways?
>>
>>94512325
fuck disney
>>
>>94512445
>it's all of disney idiot. pixar, disney, lucasfilm, marvel.
>>
>>94512445
Marvel has been putting all their movies on Netflix shortly after release. I know that Civil War and Strange are on there, at least. Probably Ant-Man too.
>>
>>94512445
16, with six more in production.
>>
>>94512325
They might as well just invite people to pirate them. No one wants to sign up for 10-15 different streaming services, one for company.
>>
>>94512325
I mean Disney is a company with a fanbase that would absolutely pay for a separate streaming service.
>>
>>94512325
It was a dumb idea when DC announced this
It is a dumb idea now Disney wants the same
>>
>>94512555
>six fucking movies being worked on at the same time by the same studio in the same universe
please tell me i'm not the only one who notices how fucked up this is
>>
>>94512584

This
>>
>>94512325
Isn't WB doing the same? I've read the new Young Justice will be released only on a new platform. Guess everyone wants a piece of that Netflix pie
>>
>>94512325
Yeesh, weren't Disney and Netflix making a big deal about their partnership a year ago? Man how things change
>>
>>94512325
I imagine the Marvel shows will remain since they're funded by Netflix.
>>
>>94512325
Okay. I mean, I get why DC is doing it. They have so much back content stretching back to the Superman cartoons in the 40s. They're packaging their streaming service with their digital comic reader. And they're merging with AT&T, so they're able to get it on every smart phone and tablet really easily and even bundle it up with a Direct TV subscription if they want. Now if you want any Disney media you have to have a dedicated streaming service? That's just going to turn everyone off.
>>
>>94512325
Alright /co/, how long do you give Disneyflix before they shut it down and go back to Netflix?
>>
>>94512627
It's more or less cable or companies that also own channels trying to hedge their content in a way where they can still control all of it. Netflix is a big player, but all these companies can't rely on Netflix and let them get too big.
>>
>>94512325
>Disney plans to launch a branded direct-to-consumer streaming service in 2019.
The major players finally have acknowledged TV is finished and they're going to take their own piece of the pie in the streaming game. Wow. I wrote a paper about this in college, cool.
>>
File: IMG_4722.jpg (1MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4722.jpg
1MB, 4000x3000px
>>94512618
How is it fucked up? And they're not working on them "at the same time", things get produced gradually, Antman and wasp started filming only recently

But even then they have their own building and stuff and the writers, directors etc. can hang around whenever they want and exchange ideas on how to proceed, like how Gunn and Favreau are helping the Russos with Infinity War. It's pretty cool actually
>>
>>94512723
I really hope DC's new thing also include comics because I'm tired of Comixology, but I'll probably still subscribe to it.
Considering if WB backs it AND if AT&T actually get a hand in this, it's almost a little scary to think about the potential of this and the potential if it fails
>>
>tfw streaming services multiply out of control and crumble on each other like the proverbial HOUSE OF CARS
>when buying blu-rays/physical copies of movies and shows makes a surprise comeback
>your Mexican family never stopped buying them
>>
>>94512740
Are you serious? Access to all of Disney's films (this could even include stuff like Miramax) plus original content? This will be a hit.
>>
>>94512325
They...they want to stop piracy right?
>>
File: Kabuto Fist Bump.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Kabuto Fist Bump.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>94512854
>tfw your Chinese family never stopped ripping them
>>
>>94512842
>I really hope DC's new thing also include comics because I'm tired of Comixology, but I'll probably still subscribe to it.

Supposedly it is:

>The DC-branded platform is expected to offer more than a traditional OTT service; it is designed as an immersive experience with fan interaction and will encompass comics as well as TV series.
http://deadline.com/2017/04/dc-digital-service-titans-young-justice-outsiders-1202076831/

I'm guessing it'll include everything. Comics, animation, movies, etc.
>>
>>94512938
just give me HD Lois & Clark became dem titties
>>
File: 78c.png (120KB, 477x384px) Image search: [Google]
78c.png
120KB, 477x384px
>>94512854
>When you're a collector/physical media whore so you just never stopped buy them.
>>
>>94512832
the fact that they've had all these plans for movies set in stone as nothing but a business strategy for so long just speaks volumes to me about how manufactured and dull mcu is, just like anything that's come from disney besides pixar in more than a decade.
>>94512759
that makes sense but I have trouble seeing most people subscribing to more than two or three streaming services at a time, which would only keep helping the titans like netflix and hulu since they have the most variety.
>>
File: Kamille Thumbs Up.jpg (158KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kamille Thumbs Up.jpg
158KB, 1440x1080px
>>94512938
Well well well, now we are talking
>>
>>94513054
You have no idea what you're talking about. Nothing's set in stone, Waititi rewrote Ragnarok when he came on board for example. The Inhuman movie is nowhere to be seen is another
>>
It was only a matter of time before Disney did this. There is more money to be made directly, screw keeping any kind of balance with the streaming services.

Soon every major network will have their own pay to use streaming service and the quality of most will be garbage, with only one or two reasons to have it.
>>
>>94512938
>I'm guessing it'll include everything. Comics, animation, movies, etc.

Now that's more like it.
>>
>>94512938
Yes fuck yes, I don't pay for floppies but I'd pay for a DC version of Netflix.

>DC cucks Diamond and tanks the industry
Not even mad
>>
File: 1501163285529.png (79KB, 706x674px) Image search: [Google]
1501163285529.png
79KB, 706x674px
>>94513266
>>94513338
Report away people, help clean up the board
>>
File: EscapeLA.jpg (28KB, 646x363px) Image search: [Google]
EscapeLA.jpg
28KB, 646x363px
You know, there's getting to be so many different streaming services, that to subscribe to them all to get access to everything you'd want to watch, soon enough we'll be back up to paying $110 dollars a month just like we used to with cable & satellite.

The more things change, the more things stay the same.
>>
>>94513131
feige literally said they had fourteen years' worth of plans for movies in store. I don't know what else to tell you
>>
>>94512584
This is the end game of streaming services, epix was the first to pull shit from Netflix which lost them lots of big movies from their catalog. In a decade Netflix is just gonna end up hosting stuff they fully hold the rights too and that's all with other movies and shows being spread over a ton of different things.
>>
>>94513385
I wonder if there has been a successful example of this decentralization of distributions
I mean, Steam's biggest competitor is what, Origin? GOG?
>>
>>94513384
Yeah, plans, open to reinventions and revisions. And how could they not with so many characters and stories to pick from
>>
>>94513310
>DC cucks Diamond
Diamond deserves it
>>
>>94512610
Disney is a lot more big that DC.
>>
>>94513384
And those plans amount to "we're going to do an Avengers movie, and a Captain America movie, and a Black Panther movie, and Untitled 2021 Marvel Movie, and a Guardians sequel, and some other stuff."
>>
>>94513384
Feige was bullshitting.
>>
>>94513435
This there's way more reasons to subscribe to this than DC's pile of shit
>>
This is going to be a disaster in the making. With multiple steaming services all out at the same time, that means people will have to pick and choose what they want most. Are the Netflix Marvel shows really worth $20 a month for example? Episodes where nothing happens and then a weak finale? Like, all the Netflix shit has been getting weaker and weaker after DD Season 1, and now they want us to pay exclusively for those shows?

No thanks. I'll just stick to the movies.
>>
>>94513310
Come to think of it, this could crash the entire entertainment industry across the board (outside video games). More services are going to pop up, and not all of them will be sustainable. We could be seeing the beginning of the end of a lot of studios and possible comics.
>>
>>94513384
They'll never stop the MCU
Have no fears we've got stories for years
Like Iron Man becomes a robot?
And maybe one starring a woman?
>>
>>94513850

There's a decent chance of Thunderbolts or something equivalent or similar in idea involving a group of villains or former villains happening. It seems like Marvel is at least keeping the possibility open.

-The Raft introduced
-Zemo didn't die
-Everett Ross and Thaddeus Ross in Civil War
-Iron Man and Patriot using sonic weapons similar to what Songbird could use (sonic weapons were also in 2008 Hulk)
-Ghost is being introduced in Ant Man and Wasp

Marvel still has some heroes they can use besides the Fantastic 4 who aren't really popular outside the US and not even that popular in the US. If they make the Netflix and/or other tv shows non-canonical or change the movie timeline with time travel they can bring in those characters after they've increased in notoriety and just maybe have to deal with backlash for changing the timeline.

There's still villains that appeared in only one or a few series of particular comics that could be changed to be used as an overarching threat. There's also stuff like Chthon, Oblivion, some 'Abstract Entities', some Elders of the Universe, and Deviants.

The large majority of the people seeing the movies haven't read the comics or have much familiarity with villains that haven't been shown in a movie yet unless they are Spider-Man or X-Men villains. If they really wanted to, Marvel can use some characters that appear in very few comics, but are described as being very powerful or having interesting backgrounds. For example, Marvel could use the Exo-Mind as a villain or at least a danger to characters/people on Earth and even have Lifestones and/or Bloodstone fragments in various movies if they wanted to make movies that have a similar idea to Infinity Stones. This could work if they bring in Moonstone due to the stone that's her namesake.
>>
>>94513310
>DC version of Netflix
>Does not know about the CW app, which is absolutely free
>>
But /co/, won't all of these competing streaming services just devalue all of them?
>>
>>94513310
Yeah the company with the Monopoly on print comics is fucked because DCs digital distro will go through their own site
>>
>>94514416
free market bitch
>>
>>94514416
Not devalue. Just be a bit of a headache for people to pay $10+ each month for multiple services and lo and behold, someone like Comcast or AT&T comes by and offers bundled streaming services. Gonna happen in 10 years time.
>>
>>94513385
And then cable will rise back from the ashes. That or people are going to pirate everything and watching things from your computer or tablet will become the norm
>>
>>94514416
Yep, if anything, this will crash the studios.
>>
>>94512854
I was all digital for like two years, now I buy blu-ray from redbox for like four bucks... And expensive hc omnis.
Fuck digital.
>>
>>94512864
>.09 cents have been deposited to your bank account
>>
>>94514657
I was going to call bullshit on this and say the average person isn't retarded enough to be okay with this but then you mentioned bundling. Goddammit
>>
>>94512517
What happened over the last year that filled 4chan with people so fucking new that they don't even know when to greentext?
>>
>>94515291
/pol/ and Trump
>>
>>94513418
GOG, I don't think anyone seriously use Origin for anything other than EA games. It's the kind of thing you download then rename the shortcut to the name of your game.
>>
>>94515309
>tumblr and r/TheDonald

ftfy
>>
File: 1368052316854.jpg (305KB, 567x837px) Image search: [Google]
1368052316854.jpg
305KB, 567x837px
>>94514657
>>94515236
>bundles
Fucking hate bundles. Bunch of useless shit I don't need.
>>
the defender shows might stay with netflix since their darker nature doesn't translate well into Disney PR image
>>
>>94515418
>Baneposters, tumblr, company war faggots, /pol/ and r/TheDonald

Fixed that to you fella.
>>
>>94515479
Why would you talk down to big guys just for making their presence known on such a little board
>>
>>94515479
THE HEAD TEMPERATURE RISES
>>
File: disney cross media.jpg (210KB, 744x651px) Image search: [Google]
disney cross media.jpg
210KB, 744x651px
Disney is pursuing a platform storytelling strategy, which means driving collective business success, rather than optimizing the returns on any one character, title or even franchise. Fracturing licenses across several services not only undermines this model, it creates a friction-filled customer experience where products, plotlines and audiences can easily fall through the cracks. Conversely, housing them under one (plus Disney’s owned & operated sites) creates “user synergies".

When the Netflix deal ends, I’d bet that the entire Disney catalogue will instantly move to a new Disney O&O service. The fact that it was all contained, used and watched in one place not only creates a stronger ecosystem around Disney content, it gives the audience a single point of transition. All of a sudden – and nearly a decade and half after Netflix, Amazon Video and Hulu launched – we’ll have a massively scaled Disney subscription service. And contrary to popular belief, insiders suggest it will include Disney’s Netflix series, too.

But this Disney subscription service will likely go far beyond just video content. It will also bundle in access to all Disney comics, books, apps, digital games and albums (Frozen!), as well as Disney’s network television portfolio. In addition, subscribers will benefit from discounted theme park passes and merchandise promotions, and in time, the ability to purchase ‘day & date’ theatrical content, too. The groundwork for this, though modest, already exists in Disney’s children-focused UK service Disney Life. While we’ll likely see individualized subscriptions at lower prices (i.e. everything Star Wars, everything Marvel), the core of the offering will be, in effect, Disney as a Service2 (“DaaS”). With new multi-media content released daily.
>>
I'm tired of streaming services endlessly fragmenting. Everybody is forming these exclusive deals and making their own services that do more harm than good for consumers and sooner or later people will just have enough of it and start pirating en-masse again.

I just want a Steam equivalent for movies and TV, where everything is on there, it's easy to use, and I just need to pay a flat fee. So many of these services with good exclusives have shitty apps or video players to the point where it's not even funny. Just give me ONE place to watch all your shit, dammit.
>>
Well fuck you too, Disney. I already pay for Netflix and cable; I ain't payin' another ten bux a month just for your shit.
>>
>>94515291
Newfags from everywhere. They'll either assimilate or leave, just keep making fun of them.
>>
>>94512854
>your indian family never stopped shitting on them
Feels good
>>
>people are mad about this
>not wanting literally every disney movie made under the sun and all their tv shows and short films readily available
>movies like make mine music and song of the south will finally be available in hd
>old shows will be in hd in their entirety like darkwing duck, pepper ann, recess, house of mouse, bonkers
>every short film from mickey to silly symphonies

is /co/ retarded? this could be the best thing disney has done in years. and a little too late to the game may i add
>>
File: 1354569070592.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1354569070592.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>TFW people are going to get tired of all this streaming bullshit and just create circles who trade with each other.
>>
File: Patsy_Um_No.jpg (17KB, 316x421px) Image search: [Google]
Patsy_Um_No.jpg
17KB, 316x421px
>>94517929
Disney always finds a way to fuck it up. Pass.
>>
File: 1437959253843.jpg (29KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1437959253843.jpg
29KB, 480x640px
>>94512325
>All these damn streaming services
>Different pricing, just for niche shows/movies
>Sometimes they just fucking disappear due to I.P's expiring or some content creator getting pissy and moving it someplace else that costs money

Fuck it, this is why I stick to cable and piracy. I have a good relationship with my cable company and I have DVR.
>>
>>94512325
>TFW REE DEY WUNTS MUH PIEZ
>TFW UMMA GONE GETS THOSE PIES DOE
>>
>>94517929
You and I both know that's too good of a promise to be true.
>>
>>94512864
Yup. Because people still don't know how to pirate them.....in 2017.
>>
>>94517929
Knowing Disney none this shit will happen
They will probably lock a tons of movies that are currently behind the Disney vault while only letting movies that you can purchase be on the streaming service.
>>
File: 1501422588476.png (793KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501422588476.png
793KB, 960x960px
As an Australian this is already bullshit. Our netflix catalog is extremely limited here. If Disney ends up removing everything marvel then we'l hardly have anything to fucking watch and I already pay $15 a month for it.
>>
>>94515479
You repeated yourself on the last one.
/pol/ as we once knew it no longer exists, all the original posters, like the libertarians, left because of the cancer that is r/TheDonald.
>>
File: just right.gif (2MB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
just right.gif
2MB, 420x420px
>mfw i'm one of the 8 people that still have a DVD shipping plan on my netflix account
>>
File: FNF-BatrocAvengers3.jpg (53KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
FNF-BatrocAvengers3.jpg
53KB, 500x281px
>>94514186
If they do, I'd really like to see Batroc come back. Even if his actor isn't really an actor, I want to see more cool fight coreography.
https://youtu.be/E0hATPE_oGY
>>
This is how the atari crash of 1983 starts
>>
>>94518498
hope you keep that good relationship, because all your dvr "collection" goes away when you switch
>>
>>94515291
/Pol/ brought a lot of newfags.
>>
>>94519164
>DVD's
>2017
>>
>>94512325
It's funny how streaming is gettin to the point where its becoming fucking cable, but you have to buy channels monthly.
>>
>>94519914
And yet cable companies will STILL fight the idea of a la carte channel selection tooth and nail
>>
Looks like it's back to piracy, boys!
>>
I was hoping that the punisher: war zone would be added but I guess ill just give up hope now
>>
>2000
>500 cable channels for $80 a month

>2020
>15 steaming services for $150 a month

WE DID IT

STREAMING KILLED PIRACY
>>
File: screenshot000.png (889KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot000.png
889KB, 1366x768px
>>94520090
>tfw kodi is still the easiest, best looking and most reliable option still
Feels real good.
>>
>>94518616
They might cycle periodically what movies are available without paying extra for them specifically.
>>
>>94519745
DirecTV hasn't done anything to piss me off yet. Plus, where I'm at we can only choose from Dish or DTV.
>>
>>94517929
I want that racist Disney movie
>>
doesnt disney ALREADY have a streaming service? i mean, what service then is the one that gets the cartoons like star vs? we've gotten a bunch of episodes early off of that one
>>
>>94512854
>tfw your white family got rid of physical media right as soon as we got Netflix
>Dad still buys movies exclusively from the PS4 store
>>
I don't know, I think all these streaming services would be great. You obviously wouldn't subscribe to ALL of them all at once, you would be subscribed to 1-3 others + Hulu and/or Netflix (if at all), rotating streaming services out when you exhaust their selection and move onto the next.
>>
>>94520537
that's the disney XD app, which requires a cable/satellite subscription to access most shows
>>
>>94521019
>XD
>>>/out/
>>
>>94517929
>People are mad about this.
Not me. I honestly don't give a shit. I've always hated Disney, so the fact that they're fucking off out of Netflix is a good thing to me.
>>
>>94512584
Pretty much this. EA and Ubisoft are already trying to do this with vidya and I'm glad they failed.

Either have everything, or have nothing.
>>
>>94521019
>>94521046
same thing applies to the disney channel, cartoon network, and probably nickelodeon (if there is one) apps
>>
>>94521019
>xD
ayyy
>>
>>94521079
so this new streaming service would be a better deal than this, since it will have everything disney and not require cable
>>
>>94521019
This is why piracy will always be the best option. It's like directv's new streaming service, it doesn't come included with your monthly bill, you have to pay $25 bucks a month
>>
if anyone bothered to read it, they are leaving marvel stuff on netflix, its stictly disney only stuff and their sports. marvel and star wars only are things they arent even going to look into until the far future
>>
File: 1499127923562.jpg (55KB, 797x618px) Image search: [Google]
1499127923562.jpg
55KB, 797x618px
>>94512854
>tfw your black family never stopped stealing them
>>
>Piracy comes along
>Cable TV flounders
>Netflix makes it big, piracy plummets because people can get all their stuff in one place.
>Every studio thinks, "We don't need Netflix! We'll make out own service!"
>Now a bunch of dedicated little services with limited content

THIS IS JUST FUCKING CABLE TV WITH MORE STEPS
>>
>>94512325
Fuck Disney. Who the fuck wants to pay for another service. Just means piracy will go up.
>>
>>94512618
The movie industry is bankrupt of talent and ideas. Capeshit is all they have right now. And the void.
>>
I'm over all of these damned studios creating their own streaming service. The CW is the only one who got it right.
>>
>>94512854
I just pirate everything and stream it from my closet server. I've got netflix and amazon prime. That the only shit I'm paying for everyone can get fucked.
>>
>>94512325
Only way I pay for a Disney service is if it comes with ESPN and is under $20 a month.
>>
>>94519551
What happened in the atari crashof 1983
>>
>>94521429
The cycle never ends anon
>>
Good, I'm actually tired of netflix, their cult, and the overrated crap they put out. Every parent with a small child will get the disney service.
>>
File: bonkers.jpg (32KB, 499x376px) Image search: [Google]
bonkers.jpg
32KB, 499x376px
>>94517929
Disney doesn't cares about old Disney. It's gonna be a shitty service with things only a few normies care about.
>>
>>94512854
hermano?
>>
>>94513380
Just what I was thinking. Thankfully I'm a picky asshole, so I doubt I'll have any more than two at a time.
>>
>>94521618
Well... Atari crash. And started like this
>>
>>94512938
Honestly I've been dying for a "DC Now" sorta thing like what Marvel does. I'd gladly sign up for their own streaming platform if they toss in a comic subscription, their huge library of cartoons and live action shit.
>>
File: sandwich.jpg (9KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
sandwich.jpg
9KB, 222x227px
>netflix lost all their disney content
>this day also ww3 against north korea start

well i guess i have not to worry about netflix anymore.
>>
File: 1494738104325.jpg (22KB, 250x212px) Image search: [Google]
1494738104325.jpg
22KB, 250x212px
Why doesn't Disney just buy Netflix?
>>
>>94515913
I know disney has a lot of stuff they could put up, but do they hoenstly make enough current stuff to warrent people subscribing though? They hav a lot of movies but their catalog I would assume isn't nearly as vast as netflix and don't hit nearly as many demographics tothe point of keeping them around instead fjust losing them after one time subbing.
>>
>>94512325
>Disney moves content and shit away from netflix
>Now its in its own separate subscription
>Becomes more like cable
>More people torrent because it's more convenient
>>
>>94520238
So like how Boomerang is doing?
>>
I know having kids and nostalgia is a big thing, but isn't aren't the heavy hitters on streaming services usually exclusively adult content? Does Disney plan on going there themselves? I don't think they can just grab the Marvel Netflix shows since those are actually part of a Netflix deal.
>>
>>94514195
>thinks I am a /tv/ faggot when I am specifically talking about comics in the post
Kill yourself
>>
>>94514542
>brainlet detected
If DC does this, then Marvel will surely follow, then LCS' are absolutely fucked, and once LCS all but disappear Diamond is out of the job.
>Digital distro
No retard it could be a subscription service that would give people access to new comics. Obviously we don't actually know what it's gonna entail, but if it includes new comics then that is the road to killing Diamond
>>
>>94514338
That sounds like a fucking terrible idea.
>>
>>94519775
>/Pol/
>P
you smell like newfag yourself
>>
>>94512854
>when you never stopped pìrating them
>>
>>94517929
You're right. I actually want this to happen, but just because I know someone will rip it off so I can pirate it without gving a cent to Disney.
>>
>>94521941
Because then other companies would retire their products from it since no one wants to be playing for Disney for free.
>>
>>94521803
The video game crash is nothing like this

Ala Carte TV service isn't the same as a price war between 15 consoles
>>
>>94512695
rumor has it at the time Disney was trying to outright buy Netflix when they made that deal. since that didn't happen there's no reason for them to stick around. also don't forget a couple of months after they made the Netflix deal, Disney took off several of their classic movies and then put them on Hulu
>>
File: IMG_1443.png (97KB, 2000x1131px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1443.png
97KB, 2000x1131px
>>94521046
>>94521088
that's the name of the channel, you fucking retards
>>
>>94512723
>And they're merging with AT&T

Wait, they're merging with another Telcom?
Did they learn nothing from AOL?
>>
>>94523065
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>94523105

The lure of huge short-term profits is too much to ignore for some of these corporations.
>>
>>94513793

I think that streaming services that collapse would sell their libraries to more profitable services when the shuttered, they'd really have no reason not to at that point, aside from stuff they can actually make money selling on iTunes like Modern Family or The Big Bang Theory.

As for comics, you can watch attrition happening in real time with Diamond numbers every month. Neither Marvel or DC has managed to sell as many comics in a month as the new volume of One Piece sells in quite some time. And that's total combined sales of all new comics vs one really popular Japanese comic. And Japan is a much smaller market, so they're both clearly failing to turn box office success into sales of comic books. I think they will probably have to copy the manga industry's model, only digitally, to survive. There aren't enough people willing to pay $5 a month for a 22 page comic, so they're eventually going to have to try to attract many more readers at a lower price point in order to survive.
>>
>>94512723
you do realize that disney has much more media than DC right, every disney movie and cartoon series could be on it that's 50 years of movies and disney already has 2 disney channels with content that could easily fill up a streaming service
>>
>>94519941
a la carte channel selection was generally considered by knowledgeable people to increase costs for all but the lightest cable users. Once you lose the massive scale, your channel needs to go from costing a few cents to a few dollars to be profitable. Suddenly getting the same channels you were getting before costs three times as much. Same thing will happen with streaming. If Fox, NBC and ABC left Hulu to start their own streaming services like CBS (unlikely since they're all partial owners of Hulu, but bear with me) you're now paying $24 a month instead of $8-12.
>>
>>94512759
Netflix is also spending less and less on licensed stuff to focus more on the content they own, kinda seems like everyone is shooting themselves in the foot trying to make every penny they can
>>
>>94512842
WB and At&T though is still a small bit player compared to Amazon or Apple
>>
>>94513758
yeah, once Netflix lost all the Fox cartoons I went from watching it everyday to maybe 2-3 times a month, Netflix doesn't have enough original stuff to interest me enough to keep paying for it.
>>
>>94512438
They're already non-canonical. The only canonical thing are the movies.
>>
How do these companies not realize that all they're doing by fragmenting the services you need to use in order to get media legally, they're just pushing people towards piracy? If your shit isn't on Netflix, I'm going to pirate it, and honestly, with the amount of content that Netflix has been losing I've been considering even dropping my Netflix sub.
>>
So, I guess I'll just add disney movies to my netflix blu ray qeue and just rip them.

Thanks disney, you are making my plex server better!
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>94512325
>these retarded decisions

I wonder if even the Mouse is truly too big to fail. Could we really live to see the day the greatest cancer in entertainment finally goes under? Once I'd have said it was a pipe dream, but...
>>
>>94524392
They probably calculated that they'll gain more from doing this than lose via shedding customers to piracy.

I won't pay for more than 2/3 streaming services on a monthly basis, I won't.

When people take their ball and try to open their own netflix with hookers and blackjack and 1/10000 the content, I don't buy it, I just either don't watch their crap or I pirate it.

This is going to get worse. Eventually some people will group their streaming services together and sell them like a package deal, and we'll be right back to cable.
>>
>>94517929
if Rescue Rangers and the old Duck Tails end up on it, I'd cancel Netflix in an instant and sign up for Disney Stream instead
>>
>>94524453
>They probably calculated that they'll gain more from doing this than lose via shedding customers to piracy.
I think this is only true short term. People are already getting tired of this shit, the streaming bubble is going to burst.
>>
>>94512325
Disney would have to have a pretty low price, like $5 or less, for me to be willing to subscribe more than a month new content drops. It'd also have to have old and/or legitimately rare Disney stuff uploaded. I meany every episode of Mickey Mouse Club, that Toontown show they had where two people would dick around in Toontown in Disneyland and then play Disney cartoons, specials promoting various films/parks, World of Color, etc.
>>
>>94524495
If they don't throw literally EVERYTHING on the service they won't even come close to having enough relevant content to be desirable.

Putting it all up isn't in Disney's playbook either, since they prefer doing this content scarcity crap.
>>
Kinda seems like Disney is fucking over Netflix which isn't suprising because they're fucking Disney
>>
>>94524523
How is Netflix fucking disney?
>>
>>94524535
Other way around dumbass
>>
>>94524535
I think he's saying Disney is fucking over Netflix because it's in Disney's nature.
>>
>>94524565
Oh, he worded that really poorly then.

>>94524563
Calm down before you pop a blood vessel.
>>
>>94524523

And the Frog looked up at the newly altered sign and said "But... but... why?"
And the Mouse said "It's in my nature."
And that was the last time anybody heard from that frog.
>>
>>94512832
Collider pls go
>>
File: 1499236142330.png (577KB, 570x567px) Image search: [Google]
1499236142330.png
577KB, 570x567px
>>94512854
>not just using Plex/Kodi and having literally everything, no matter how obscure, in one place streamable to every device for free
>>
>>94512854
>>94514416
We can only hope.
>>
>>94512854
>I never stopped pirating them and storing them on my media server.
>>
>>94512325
no one is going to sign up for a hundred different streaming services, even if it is Disney.

All they're doing is reigniting the peoples passion for piracy, especially now that the BitTorrent protocol finally got an upgrade.
>>
>>94512584
Ever since people started wanting a la carte cable channels instead of bundles I knew this was the eventual result. Everyone's going to have their own service and it's not going to be all that cheap if you want to get a variety.
>>
>>94513380
That's kinda why I stuck with cable, that and fast internet is at an affordable price is very difficult to find when you live in rural country.

Why pay out of the nose for streaming, and THEN have to spent hundreds more on internet too?
>>
>>94513438
Still a dumb idea
>>
File: LRG.png (314KB, 2087x2087px) Image search: [Google]
LRG.png
314KB, 2087x2087px
>>94519148
I'm a libertarian, and I still go there. There's typically a /LRG/ thread up, so I stay there to avoid the cancer.
>>
>>94521429

Why does no other company listen to Gaben?
>>
>>94529686
Because Gaben is a ugly fat bearded faggot & a con man.
>>
Good thing I don't watch anything Disney
>>
>>94529835
Same here.
>>
>>94529686
Too busy being angry at card games
>>
>>94529686
>implying gaming piracy died
in the west maybe but it never made a dent in anywhere else
>>
File: 4405678.jpg (182KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
4405678.jpg
182KB, 501x585px
>people cut cable because they don't want to pay for 100 channels and only watch 5
>people start having to buy 10 different streaming services to watch the shows they like
>>
>>94526864
They'll probably decide against it once CBS direct is a smoking pile once Star Trek Discovery shits the bed.
>>
File: 1494917833603.gif (2MB, 288x430px) Image search: [Google]
1494917833603.gif
2MB, 288x430px
>>94514908
>I buy blu-ray
>fuck digital

Should we tell him
>>
File: Hoss_Delgado.png (100KB, 272x223px) Image search: [Google]
Hoss_Delgado.png
100KB, 272x223px
>>94513380
>>
>>94521076
did they? EA games are still on their shitty service, and Uplay is still a thing.
>>
>>94531939
what are you trying to be, a smartass or something?
>durr blu ray IS digital
>cuz is not anaolgue
>pupupupu
fuck off
>>
>>94524315
Amazon and Apple are in the tech business, WB is not
>>
>>94524495

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Disney

Disney animated movies
Disney live action movies
Pixar
many ABC shows/movies
ESPN
many Lifetime shows/movies
many ABC Family/Freeform shows/movies
many Disney Channel shows/movies
Disney Music
Disney Theatrical Group
Lucasfilm
Lucasfilm Animation
LucasArts
Touchstone Pictures
Hollywood Pictures
Saban Entertainment
likely some A&E Networks stuff (Joint venture with Hearst Corporation; 50% equity holding)
UTV Motion Pictures
Caravan Pictures?

Disney Publishing (printed materials)

Maker Studios
>>
>>94512325
>Disney pulling all its movies from Netflix
FUCK
>>
>>94512854

You know you can buy a hard drive for about the cost of 2 blu rays and store like 200 or more movies right? When everything is digital anyways paying for entertainment is a fools game.
>>
>>94534454
If no one pays for entertainment it goes away. You gotta respect those who do.
>>
>>94534499

It doesn't go away it shifts footing. As long as there is money to be made there will be companies looking to make it. That's how we got netflix in the first place. The market adapted to the consumers. Now the companies are trying to force the consumers to adapt to them and it's probably going to bite them in the ass eventually.
>>
>>94533003
then why do they make original movies and series? Amazon and Apple are in the 'we'll do anything if we think it makes us money" business
>>
>>94524495
If it's anything like DisneyLife (which is £5 a month) we can expect a $5-7 price point with access to literally every animated movie, a good chunk of the live action stuff, most of their TV shows, a good chunk of old remastered shorts, all the soundtracks, and live streams of the channels. I mean, this is what the UK service has so I don't see why the US one wouldn't have it as well, if not more.
>>
>>94533352
why are you and others so salty about this? you're losing recent movies (which you should have on bluray if you like them anyway) and a bunch of their shit tier movies. none of the vaulted titles are available aside fantasia so it's not like much of anything of value is being lost
>>
>>94534556
Netflix started out as "What if instead of going to a store with a limited selection to rent DVDs you could rent just about every movie ever from the internet?" which morphed into "What if you could do that without even bothering with the DVD?" which the movie industry frowned on (they prefer pay per movie over all-you-can-stream for a flat fee; using this method for physical media was permissible because you can only rent so many movies in a month) which led to "original series and movies plus whatever we can license"
>>
More like im going to pull my money out of Netflix and download Kodi
>>
>>94512325
>First Netflix making a paywall site for anime
>Now this shit
Streaming services are a mistake
>>
>>94534834
>Streaming services are a mistake
This. The most uncomfy normie shit ever.
>>
>>94535120
Why? Is your ISP a shit?
>>
>>94535135
It sucks to have to watch your content in the provider's video player, and everything can disappear any day.
>>
>>94535120
A good time to put all the content on Mega links or torrents.
>>
>Everyone and their mother building their own streaming services with a monthly fee

Great, now Cable is invading the internet. Guess we go back to pirating 100%.
>>
>>94512325
Why the fuck does every company need their own streaming service when it comes to movies, shows, vidya, etc? If this shit keeps i'm gonna start pirating shit.
>>
>>94535276
>Guess we go back to pirating 100%.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0cFA7iyqEAC
>>
>>94535326
"Reeeeeeeeeeee middlemen, all this money should belong to us"
>>
>>94517929

I don't watch a lot of disney stuff
>>
>>94524392
This is what gets people to buy physical media again.
>>
>>94512325
>Feige is pepe
>Spider-Man Flopcoming with fricking Iron Man struggle to beat Amazing Spider-Kino numbers
>too much beta cuck that based alfa woman like Amy Pascal can say whatever she wants sitting right next to him while he is in other interviews can do damage control "I-it's separate universes, promise"
>Avengers moved from New York, so Sony can continue making flicks with Holand without mouse while getting hype from Infinity War
This is even worse case then evanposter.
>>
>>94513418
And then there's the fact that there are people who refuse to use anything but Steam even when Valve's charging higher prices with DRM, and that's without a subscription fee.
>>
>>94531673
this, fuck me

>no longer $30/month for all the shit I want
>instead it's $300/month

Will the Jew never be satisfied?
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.