[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lois Lane

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

I like Lois, but I feel like DC could be doing more with her. Like, anything, really. At the moment she's just kind of sitting around at home, which is lame.

Not necessarily an ongoing, perhaps a back up feature in the Super books, where she goes around getting the hot scoop on various aspects of the DCU.

And while I'm at it, that whole possessed by Brainiac thing was a wasted opportunity, cause it went nowhere, and they didn't do anything with it. For fucks sake.
>>
I've always wanted to read a Lois Lane miniseries where she goes on crazy, whimsical adventures and shit. Like, "Lois Lane, Superman's Girlfriend," but revived.

Lois Lane needs more respect in general. She's always great.
>>
I hate Lois. She's always sticking her nose where it does belong and ruins things for people.
Like in Man of Steel when Clark first finds his fortress of solitude. It's a really personal moment for him, and she sticks her ugly Amy Adams face into it and ruins it.
>>
>>94308199
>>94308242

A mini-series would be a good idea. Not that I'm not loving all the Superdad and Jon moments, but a mother has a place in a son's life and I can just see her putting Damian in his place, among others thing.

Also there originally was a Lois Lane (Girl) Reporter backup in the past - there's no reason not to have something like that, excepting that no one wants to pack floppies with bonus content at $2.99 a pop.
>>
>>94308242
I would read the shit out of a Lois mini. That wouldn't even be that difficult to come up with ideas for. Pick a thing in the DCU, have something front page worthy happen with it, and Lois Lane is on the case!
>>
>>94308247

Well since you won't ever procreate, we won't have to worry about you, will we? I mean, even the prostitute you might hire will insist on your use of two or three condoms at one time ....
>>
A Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen mini would be fun.
>>
>>94308555
Your waifu a shit and you should feel bad
>>
>>94308199
>At the moment she's just kind of sitting around at home

Only in vanilla. In Action Comics she already went back to The Daily Planet.
>>
File: IMG_2120.jpg (299KB, 870x434px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2120.jpg
299KB, 870x434px
>>94308199
>At the moment she's just kind of sitting around at home, which is lame.
What's it like to know nothing about current comics?
>>
>>94308792
... What am I looking at here?
>>
>>94308247
>>>/tv/
>>
>>94308792
Lois using a suit that Batman made to fight cosmic level threats.
>>
>>94308963
Meant for >>94308893
>>
>>94308893

Action Comics. Batman apparently built a Batcave on the move.

Clark sent Lois and Jonathan up to the moon to keep them away from a fight (going on because the current version of Eradicator has a Kryptonian purity hard-on which means he wants to expel the human DNA from Jon). She finds some bat armor which apparently was a thing in Tomasi's run on one of the Batgod official fanfics and uses it to defend/protect herself and Jon from Sunglasses Superman.

It's probably the third most kick-ass Lois moment since Rebirth started.
>>
>>94308963
Oh. Okay. That's pretty fuckin' awesome.

Not so much the upcoming bullshit of Lois becoming a Female Fury. Whoever came up with that idea needs to fuck off.
>>
>>94309050
>move.

MOON

fucking damn auto-correct
>>
>>94308586
>>94308521

Yeah, some journalism version reports of the DCU would be good, it could still have plenty of action that way.
>>
>>94309050
>third
What are the second and first?
>>
>one of the animated movies, forget which
>Brainiac has Metropolis in a jar
>makes a "you cannot hope to defeat me" speech at Lois
>she just flips him the double bird
Brass ovaries on that one. Goddamn.
>>
>>94308521
>>94309112
This is always what I've wanted. Just throw Lois into some crazy situations she thrusts herself into, looking for a good scoop, finding material for a story, etc. It should be crazy fun. Lois being a badass, determined, yet spunky intrepid reporter, constantly surviving by her teeth, even saving the day by herself once or twice.
>>
>>94308199
Sitting around at home was what she did in the 90's and 00's, so that's what she's going to do now, goddammit.
>>
I get the feeling they were planning to do something with the Brainiac thing, but DC editorial was still pushing SMWW and didn't want Lois to have a big storyline. Felt too much like setup to have just been that at least.
>>
>>94310643
To be fair, anything they did do with it probably wouldn't be worth the setup.

I mean, it's Lois Lane. The very worst she'd do is use that power to forcibly buy out all the world's journalistic outlets so that she's the only source of the latest news 24/7.

Real talk, the idea of an evil Lois isn't that threatening.
>>
>>94308199
you want her to get superman's powers again...?
>>
>>94308199
Didn't she just earlier this year spend all her time trying to figure who the fake Clark Kent was, as well as help solve the death of N52 Lois?
>>
>>94308199
She was suppose to be Superwoman, but then they ruined it by making it a fakeout and making the boring Lana into Superwoman (and gave her a shitty look).
>>
>>94311000
She ended up not doing much in either plot.
>>
>>94310850
I remember we had some threads when it was going. Having her do kind of an Oracle thing might have been cool.
>>
>>94308247
>and she sticks her ugly Amy Adams face into it and ruins it.
the imagery makes me laff
>>
>>94311285
>Lois Lane as Oracle
It would make a lot of sense. Probably why it hasn't ever happened. Publishers are damn near allergic to sensible ideas.
>>
>>94311392
She was more or less Oracle in Convergence when she was pregnant.
>>
>>94311700
>Convergence
Uh huh.
>>
File: Lois Lane.jpg (10KB, 443x276px) Image search: [Google]
Lois Lane.jpg
10KB, 443x276px
>>94309971
>>
>>94311064

That was the New 52 Lois who outed Clark and no longer exists. Apparently, Lana now is still the Lana from then. Lana had some good stories in Paktion and was more interesting in the New 52. While I agree with most everyone that the first arc of SuperWoman was bad, that was probably in letting Jimenez write it with a small bit of the blame due to the fact that he was probably limited to a small extent on what he could write due to Superman Reborn and other Rebirth related stuff.

All that said, there's a making of a good book there, with Natasha and Irons and Traci 13 as a support team.
>>
>>94312781
It kind of worked to seed the idea that she and new 52 Clark were floating around in spirit form or whatever so the merge could happen, but it was wrong to get people excited for the idea of a Lois book or a teamup with her as a lead then have it just be a Lana book.
>>
>>94309050
This was in regular Superman though
>>
File: pie - altered.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
pie - altered.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>94309404

this was one of them
>>
>>94312956

Same Lois - in Action only, I believe and just during the Doomsday fight with Super Lex and with depowered NotClark running around with his broken arm as well.

SW was a barely there cameo. I think Jimmy was even more prominent.
>>
>>94312619
Seriously. How does she even carry those around? They must be so heavy.

>>94312878
While it was pretty stupid to imply a Lois book instead of being upfront about it, I think most fans of her would dislike the idea of her having powers. She's cool without powers, y'know?
>>
I've been a Superman fag since I was a kid and never could bring myself to care about Lois as a separate character. She makes good foil to Clark as reporters (loved her in the early seasons of Lois & Clark) but she should stay just a cooworker.

Making her a Braniac drone was pointless in the end by the way.
>>
>>94309084
Give your stepmom back her smartphone and post from a real computer, filthy mobile poster.
>>
>>94312619
why do they give her purple eyes. its dumb
>>
File: llgr.jpg (286KB, 750x975px) Image search: [Google]
llgr.jpg
286KB, 750x975px
>>
>>94312619
This movie made her look like a supervillain.
>>
>>94308247
>sticking her nose where it does belong
That's right anon, her nose DOES belong. She's a fucking journalist.
>>
>>94313026
I thought this is what OP meant by her "sitting around at home, which is lame".
Like, I have NEVER thought of Lois as a stay-at-home mom serving pie to the Men. And in Luthor's colors no less....
>>
>>94315497
To be fair, Lois does kinda look like a super villain most of the time. Mid-length dark hair, fair skin, cold calculating eyes, confident smirk, sharp purple business suit... Unf. Yeah, she sort of has that "watch out, she bites" look to her.

>>94315631
Yeah, they're going just a bit far with the housewife thing.
>>
>>94315631
>>94316094
She went back to the Planet, like, six months ago, people.
>>
>>94316094

well she IS a mother now. Both her and clark has to make time for family like the current vacation arc. and she was in hiding for a while, she's mostly just getting her groove back.
>>
>>94316094
>>94315631
>Implying lois isn't a gracious host regardless of whether or not she's a mom
>>
>>94316161
Eh, they can get a babysitter. Cassandra Sandsmark's not doing anything right now, have her do it.
>>
>>94308792
that feels like forever ago
>>
File: 1419308977814.jpg (28KB, 452x410px) Image search: [Google]
1419308977814.jpg
28KB, 452x410px
>>94315631
>in luthor's colors

i never even noticed
>>
>>94315563
she's pretty foolhardy, even for a reporter/journalist. it gets her in a lot of nasty situations.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.