[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...YIKES... What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 14

File: Capture.png (52KB, 930x459px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
52KB, 930x459px
...YIKES...

What went wrong?
>>
>>93949260
Apes came out, though Homecoming did make a lot of money. Will probably fluctuate up and down over the next few weeks
>>
>>93949313
>Will probably fluctuate up
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>93949260
Diversity is not so good especially when you cast butt ugly actors and actresses
>>
is Marvel kill?
RIP in peace
>>
File: 1500330192105.jpg (79KB, 664x793px) Image search: [Google]
1500330192105.jpg
79KB, 664x793px
>>93949260
I heard they blackwashed mary jane so I skipped it. Not trolling.
>>
But Snyderfans told us that big dropoffs don't mean anything.
>>
>>93949260
> kids went back to school
>>
Now I have to rely on Apes, Dunkirk, and/or Valerian to hold well so the Emoji Movie won't get the #1 spot it doesn't deserve.
>>
Nobody wants to watch -another- new Spiderman. Each one has been worse then the last after Tobyman 2.
>>
>>93949260
do a poll.

>do you think interracial married couples are ok?

>80-90% respond yes.

>would you be ok with your children marrying another race?

>70-80% respond NO.

that's your answer, people of all races are ok with interracial couples, BUT they're not ok with their kids being dating another race, so they wont take them to a propaganda film to make them want to date another race.

i'm korean btw, not /pol/ whitey.
>>
Guess Sony is going to regret not taking that $5 billion offer to buy the film rights back from Marvel.

But at least Amy Pascal will get her stand alone Aunt May film in the MCU!
>>
>>93949313
>This underperforming apekino movie that opened smaller than the previous installments really hurt Spider-Man.
Maybe people just didn't want to watch Spider-Man and Iron Man anymore?
>>
>>93949626
>i'm korean btw
You have to go back.
>>
>>93949406
no they didn't
>>
>>93949260
Competition from War of Apes, Despicable Me 3 and later Dunkirk.
>>
>>93949421
>Apes
Maybe

>Dunkirk or Valerian
Nope.

Pray that apekino succeeds over Emoji Movie and doesn't fall victim to it like Baby Driver to fucking Despicable Me 3
>>
>>93949260
That's about as empty as a statement as "Everyone who has ever drank water died".

The movie's only been out a couple of weeks, it's already gotten $460+ mil, it's going to make more over the next couple of weeks, plus there'll be future streaming numbers and DVD sales to look forward to.

This isn't that bad considering how fatigued people are with Spiderman movies in the first place.
>>
>>93949841
christ you sound like a Disney shill trying to keep investors happy
>>
>>93949883
Here's your (you)
>>
>>93949883
Nice try.
>>
>>93949341
What happened with Suicide Squad? That was pretty diverse too
>>
>>93950034
Diversity had nothing to do with it, some faggots just like to pretend the agenda they think they are resisting is failing.

Frankly, people are starting to get tired of superhero movies. Especially Spider-man.
>>
>>93949909
>>93949919
Nevertheless he is right, what he is saying sounds a lot like shilling.
>>
>>93949883
Back to /tv/ Pajeet
>>
>>93950272
>Stating facts is shilling
So the word has lost all meaning then? If I say, "Teen Titans Go is CN's highest rated show", is that shilling, too?
>>
>>93950259
To be fair, the High School shit was the weakest part of the movie. It literally got groans from my theater every time we switched to it.
>>
>>93949767
Despicable Me 3 was good though.

And it's not like the other movies that opened that week stood a chance, anyway. It's an animated movie released when kids are on summer vacation with a recognizable brand.
>>
>>93949260
Here's the only reason
It's another Spiderman reboot

See most people aren't like you and me and know the significance of Spiderman joining the MCU

They just see ANOTHER reboot
ANOTHER Spiderman movie
We're just 3 years away from the last one
>>
>>93950259
At least internationally could be one of the reasons if it fails, for us (brown people) the american movies should always be about white people doing white people stuff, specially cape movies, we are not interested in watching other brown people there (we have our own mediocre movies full of brown people) and even less black people (to be honest at least here in Latin America most of the people is very racist and mainly classicist, The rest are hypocrites).
>>
>>93949841
It's "Everyone who has died had drank water."
Yours isn't just empty it's not even true...
..unless you're an AI from the future. I'm on to you.
>>
>>93950644
Just wait, if hollywood has it's way, all american movies will be mediocre movies full of brown people.
>>
File: Admiral_Tyrone.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Admiral_Tyrone.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>93949260
>No Miles Morales
Dropped
>>
>>93949626
>I'm korean btw, not /pol/ whitey

If anything that just hurts your case. Asians are ever more racist than whiteys. Especially the xenophobic eastern asian countries.
>>
>>93949260
>What went wrong?

I don't know. Just finished watching the first Raimi movie. Looking back at the Homecoming trailers it seems like a farce.
>>
>>93949767
>Dunkirk won't be a top seller

Implying
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHAHA.png (300KB, 1080x1563px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAHAHA.png
300KB, 1080x1563px
>Over a billion

HAHAHAHHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>93949909
>>93949919
>>93950462
He literally sounds like a Disney exec having an emergency meeting with investors to convince them HC won't be a box office burn out.
>>
File: 1498138197682.png (66KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498138197682.png
66KB, 554x400px
>>93951637
>Logan and WW won't pass 500 million
>they do and more

>the absolute state of mouseketeers right now
>>
(You)
>>
(Mad)
>>
>>93949767
>Nolan movies
>Not money printers
>>
>>93951637
>that mindless devotion to Disney
>>
>>93949372
But MCUcks told us that big dropoffs mean everything.
>>
>>93949421
Valerian's probably gonna be a flop, anon. I'm sorry.
>>
>>93951637
>Falseflaggers laughing at their own posts

Let's be honest, /co/ is like the least subtle place for falseflag trolling. People fall for it anyway, but that doesn't mean it isn't obvious
>>
File: giphy.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>93949406
>in the middle of July
No the fuck they didn't
>>
>>93949626

How does it feel knowing that your women can't resist getting BLEACHED?

>>93949693

It can be both. Box office over-saturation and spiderman fatigue are very real things.

>>93949841

Really we'll have to see the final numbers and compare them to the budget and marketing. It'll probably be a success, but remember that hollywood movies tend to spend their money before it comes in, so if somehow it doesn't make transformers levels of cash then Sony (who we all know are not very bright people) could have royally fucked themselves regardless.

>>93950644

You say that, but Indians go bonkers over anything featuring Indians, apparently as a result of casting Flash the movie is selling like hotcakes over there.
>>
Because it wasn't a Spider-Man movie, it was an episode of a Disney sitcome.
>>
I don't give a shit about the diversity thing, I thought the actors and actresses were fine. I just hated all the high school shit, and on top of that the fact that it's ANOTHER fucking Spiderman movie. I'm tired of Spiderman. I'm sure the "forced diversity" or whatever people bitch about these days could be a big reason, just wasn't really for me.
>>
>>93949260
Spider-Man lost to the better movie. I'll be honest, the superhero movie genre is oversaturated and is just a colorful, and boring, blob that seems to run together.

I've just lost interest in it.
>>
>>93953099
>Sony
Fuck, I somehow forget this was still a Sony product because of all the MCU involvement. They probably anticipated it making a billion dollars and will write it off as a loss and cancel any potentially decent projects they had lined up as a result.
>>
Yep the state of /co/ thread deserves an auto-sage but this will continue to be up for 500 posts

good job mods
>>
>>93949363
She's really annoying in the new movie too.
>>
>>93952896
To be fair, it looks terrible.
>>
>>93953235

Yeah, looking at the numbers it's probably a moderate success at worst, but when you factor in Sony's laughable ineptitude, the situation looks a lot more dire. They probably already spent the billion and a half they thought this was going to rake in and if that cash doesn't come, then heads are gonna roll.

The RLM box-office wrap-up this fall will be a good watch hopefully

>>93953235

not my fault people don't know how movies make money and need it explained
>>
>>93949260
Eh, it dropped 62%.Wonder Woman dropped 43%, logan dropped 55%...

I dunno, looking at the numbers on Box Office Mojo, it's more a case that it made more money weekend 1 than either Logan or Wonder Woman, but roughly the same amount on weekend 2. So, more people saw it the first week, and about the same number came and saw it the second week, meaning that more people went to the premier, but the numbers were the same going forward.

Also, why is /pol/ here? Don't they have to go and brush their plastic equine's mane and tell her she's pretty or something?
>>
>>93949626
Yeah, I wasn't all that comfortable watching the interracial romance in Spiderman either. I liked the way his love interest was older, because that's my fetish, but black is really weird. Especially when she looks nothing like her white bread dad, so the twist is really fucking out of nowhere.

And there are so many non-whites in that school when NYC has like 90% segregated schools, both public and private. It's totally fucking bizarre.
>>
>>93953099
>apparently as a result of casting Flash the movie is selling like hotcakes over there.
but he's not even
wat
>>
>>93949363
>>>/pol/
>>
>>93953345
Wait, I'm wrong. More people went to see Wonder Woman Ween 1 than homecoming Week 1. Well, that was a objectively good film, and it deserved it. Okay, 2/3rds good film, 1/3rd WB executive meddling.

Anyway, Homecoming is already past it's production budget, if it reaches another 100 million dollars (which it will do pretty easily) it'll have covered it's Production + marketing. Hell, if it makes 20 million more it'll be past Logan. And marvel has Guardians 2 in theatres too, that's made back it's budget easily.
>>
>>93949260
It's a big drop, but if you actually think it's a big deal, you don't really understand how the box office works.

However, Spider-man fatigue may have something to do with it. Hollywood is trying so hard to milk Spider-man for everything it has.

>>93949767
I think Dunkirk is gonna smash the shit out of the box office, actually. People like war. People like Christopher Nolan. IMAX is expensive. The reviews are already excellent in an age when more people are paying attention to reviews than ever.

I can see it outgrossing Apes.

>>93950526
>Despicable Me 3 was good though
Dude, what? It was fucking shit.

My sister has no standards and likes everything, but even she called it "mediocre".
>>
>>93953374
Is this spoiler text [spoilers]or is this, i can never remember[/spoilers]
>>
Ape not Cape!
>>
>>93953374
she was an extremely light skinned black woman, in the vein of Halle Berry. which could mean either very lucky genetics, or a white father. Still a massive plot twist that only one narcisistic egomaniac claims he "totally saw coming". But being honest, the entire film i thought she was Liz Allen, which, i guess she is, now.
>>
>>93953381
I'm mexican and I hate the cast in Homecoming
>>
>>93949363
She's still a redhead and I don't know why but it made me feel better/b/ro
>>
>>93951637
Guardians is at 859 million worldwide, and still pulling it in, so a billion is entirely possible.

Homecoming has been out for two weeks, it's at 467 million, so a billion is not off the table.

Wonder Woman is in it's 7th week and sitting with 767 million, but it earned that money.

And Logan is currently in 4 theatres nationwide, so i'm calling it as being over, with 616 million worldwide. Not shabby at all, earned every penny.
>>
>>93949260
People are(Hopefully) getting tired of Superhero movies, and for good reason. 3 to even 5 hero movies a year is disgusting. I remember when there used to be just 1 every few years in the Raimi era. Hopefully this means the beginning of the end
>>
>>93951088
His uncle is a character in the movie, and specifically mentioned he has a nephew in the neighborhood.
>>
>>93953800
>>93953778
>>
>>93953800
Fuck you. I want there to be a hero movie at least once a month.

Fuck all yall I love this genre and want more because they're getting better and better.

Bombs are rare now and I'm loving it.
>>
>>93953609
I pretty much figured his daughter would be important to the plot but I didn't think it would be like that. That
>8 YEARS LATER
timeskip must've been done specifically for that twist.
>>
Making a film that says "The last 5 Spider-Man movies don't matter" was never going to break a billion.
>>
>>93949626
Like, actual Korean-flag-on-/pol/ korean, or "I-live-in-Greenbelt-Maryland" Korean?
>>
>>93953864
>Fuck you. I want there to be a hero movie at least once a month.
Gas yourself not even joking
>>
>>93953778
>Guardians is at 859 million worldwide, and still pulling it in, so a billion is entirely possible.
GOTG2 is done making money. It's not going up anymore, and DVD's are released next month.
>>
>>93949363
They named her Michelle and then had "Call me MJ" at the end in a way even worse than the Robin namedrop in Dark Night Rises. You can literally cut every one of her scenes from the movie and not miss a thing.

I think it was less about diversity and more about trying to build up another of their crappy Disney Channel starlets.

Movie is pretty good otherwise.
>>
>>93953864
No Anon! we like the cape movies too, but our standards have really, really fucking changed in the last ten years.

it's like - imagine if you only ever had the worst, lowest quality chocolate ever, just, horrible, nasty, crumbly shite that is 95% wax and flakes off white stuff when you unwrap it...

And then, suddenly: The 100% real top shelf thing that Cadbury would cream their bunnies over is in your mouth.

And, now, that's the new normal.

After enjoying The greatest chocolate in the world for long enough, you get one that melted a bit and some stuck to the inside of the package.

THIS IS THE WORST. THING. EVER.

It's how the internet reacts now.
>>
>>93953889
Nope. Fuck you. I want more properties getting adapted, I want more wacky crazy space bullshit.

I want to have fucking fun and I am having fun, and I'll keep having fun just to spite you faggots.

And the TVs fun too. Family Loves Flash. So Yeah. Love to have a cape show on every big network.
>>
>>93950847
Why? Even here the whitest Hollywood movies always win over the best local movies (although to be fair the best movies are still mediocre).
>>
>>93953933
I kind of liked her character, it got a bit thin towards the end. But at least she was more of a background character, rather than being used for an overly dramatic, teenage, love triangle.
>>
>>93953908
yeah, looking at domestic box office, it only pulled in about one million last week... it's up against some pretty strong competition on the international front too, so i can see it not cracking a billion./ Still, good showing.
>>
>>93949313
Spidey might have legs, though.

But really Sony's marketing managed to kill any excitement. Homecoming looks good, but there's nothing distinct about it other than Keaton's Vulture.

The film is solid but workmanlike, but that is likely Sony's influence, as is some of the PC casting.
>>
>>93953889
You know you don't have to go see every movie right?
>>
>>93949260

Exhaustion. My dad doesn't pay attention to the MCU or Superhero movies in general, so he's not biased by anything, but when he heard there was another Spider-Man movie all he said was "Another one? Maybe on when it's Netflix."

Normies are over it.
>>
>>93949767
You know, part of me wanted Baby Driver to succeed because it's not a sequel, remake, or based on a comic, but at the same time I really didn't like the film.
Baby had the charisma of a turnip; he was fucking retarded to not walk away before the last heist when he had the chance; almost every song in the movie sucked. Wright was so busy swinging his music dick around going "This is the original that a much better song sampled from!" to care about whether the songs were actually good. Brighton Rock was the only decent song in the film and he used it like Legendary used Godzilla.
You can honestly walk out of the theater after Baby gets his cut from the first heist and not miss anything of value.
>>
>>93954004
I'm wit this Anon. I still want to see Moon Knight, Nextwave, The Great Lakes Avengers, Doom Patrol, Frankenstein (Agent of SHADE), Green Lantern (done right this time, please), and about a dozen other adaptations.
>>
>>93954155
>Green Lantern
The rumor of the day is Old Hal, Young John, Lethal Weapon in Space.

...might not be "done right" but might not be bad?
>>
>>93953102
Too many Spiderman movies. If Sony had not made ASM2 their would be less Spiderfatigue.

I like Spidey but shoving him into everything could end up killing the MCU.

Look forward to Tony and Spidey getting much more screen-time than Cap, Strange, Vision, and Wanda next year in IW.
>>
>>93953736
I'm getting a bit sick of the ginger genocide to be honest.

Every single time they blackwash a comic character it's a redhead.
>>
>>93954180
I'll hapily take "not Bad", just as long as the plot isn't "Our Rings are out of power and can't do anything for most of this movie to save on special effects budget".
>>
>>93949260
Spiderman is a shit character. Nobody likes teenage superheros with their shitty teenage dialogue or highschool drama bullshit.
>>
>>93954254
Jean Grey is still white.
>>
>>93953300
So does your mom and you don't see your dad complaining
>>
>>93954308
Yeah but she's a Game of Thrones slag so meh.
>>
>>93949260
Reboot exhaustion in the United States. Will make a billion worldwide
>disney assumes its do to diversity and not because of it being a good spiderman movie
>>
>>93953800
"The Raimi Era". Oh, this is delusional shite.

Stop this Raimi nostalgia fagging.

What's wrong with cape movies? Why are you not upset at room coms? Endless horror trash? Endless biopics? Endless Oscar baits? Or the stream of mediocre thrillers, which spew out by the fucking hundreds each year?

Where is your disgust at those?
>>
It's actually astonishing. Some people have hyped this Spider-Man film up so much. "Best movie in the MCU!" "It will crack a billion easily!"

And yet here we are! A franchise that rebooted two times in a film that choose character humor over action. It's hard to sell people on a film when they are told it's "Another Spider-Man film"

Granted, it still hasn't opened in China, and seeing how Spidey and RDJ are big sellers over there...I still don't think it'll crack a billion, because come August, Apes and other films will come out at once.
>>
>>93954361
>Where is your disgust at those?
I don't have any because those have always existed AND are a must. Cape movies are just flashy shit made for neckbeards
>>
>>93954392
>and seeing how Spidey and RDJ are big sellers over there
Are they? RDJ typical cocky smug bullshit doesn't translate well into other languages apparently
>>
>>93953099
>apparently as a result of casting Flash the movie is selling like hotcakes over there.
But I read he was from central America, isn't?
>>
>>93953800
The theater I saw Spider-Man in today had Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and Despicable Me 3 all playing at the same time. So many heroes, and I could only watch 2.
>>
>>93954461
Fucking, the local drive in has triple showings.

Next year is gonna be fucking insane,
>>
>>93954361
Because those other films can alter what they are. Horror films are going through an amazing revolution right now. Babadook, Get Out, Conjuring, they are becoming more creative and different with their approaches.

Compare that to every superhero film that always ends with the heroes and bad guys squaring off in a big overblown fight. Sure, there are some exceptions, but they still revolve around Hero vs Bad Guy battles. Dormammu for example follows a fight with Kacelious. Only Civil War truly broke that mold.
>>
>>93954448
Except that they pushed Iron Man 3 to a billion. China LOVES the Iron Man suit. So much that they have a film where a guy lands in an Iron Man suit and solves the problem of the film!
>>
>>93954392
Are people excited for the Apes film? I have never heard anyone outside of the internet talk about them, except the mock the trailers.
>>
File: jess (2).jpg (4MB, 3072x4608px) Image search: [Google]
jess (2).jpg
4MB, 3072x4608px
>>93954254
How can there be a gingercide if they were in a large portion of the animated movies for the last five years? They've been replaced with non-redhead whites for even longer.
>>
>>93953727
I'm Puerto Rican and I love the cast in Homecoming.
>>
>>93952996
>he thinks that guy wasn't serious
You have a lot to learn.
>>
>>93954769
I'm black and I hated the cast ingive me all your money
>>
>>93954334
Shut up, she is gorgeous and the perfect Jean Grey.
>>
>>93954599
>Except
I wasn't arguing with you. I was asking a question fanboy. Is that a lot for China?
>>
How much of the budget do you think they wasted on Gwyneth Paltrow appearing for 20 seconds?
>>
>>93954361
>Why are you not upset at room coms? Endless horror trash? Endless biopics? Endless Oscar baits? Or the stream of mediocre thrillers, which spew out by the fucking hundreds each year?
Because this is /co/ and not /tv/. Most the people here only watch cape movies or other movies based on comic adaptations. They're just mad that instead of shelling out 20$ every 3 years to see an adaptation, they have to throw away over 200$ per year just to see all the comic book movies.

Also
>>>/tv/
>>
>>93954918
With the recent Goop controversy, you think that's a production company regret?
>>
normie friend told me he doesn't want to watch it because the highschool shit
>>
Hopefully it means the beginning of the end for capeshit/franchise driven movies.

I wish it was already the end.
>>
>>93949260
Challenging Caesar, Nolan, and somehow still Diana
>>
>>93955158
That's basically why I didn't go see it. That and robert downie faggot.
>>
>>93949260
spiderman
>>
>>93955124
>They're just mad that instead of shelling out 20$ every 3 years to see an adaptation, they have to throw away over 200$ per year just to see all the comic book movies.
What costs more; buying comics or buying movie tickets.
>>
File: JLApe.jpg (181KB, 504x756px) Image search: [Google]
JLApe.jpg
181KB, 504x756px
>>93949260
>>93949313
Apes.
Strong.
Together.
>>
>>93955424
>Talking apes
You just can't compete with that 2bh. No wonder Spiderman got fucked
>>
>>93949341
Oh fuck off you scumbag
>>
>>93955521
>triggered
>>
>>93955382
Depends on whether you buy comics or not.
>>
>>93955521
Kek fuck off back to tumblr
>>
>>93949494
This has to be a large part of it
>>
>>93949494
>>93955830
Toby was shit. Raimis trilogy was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Schumacher Batman tier. Garfield was better and that's not saying much.
>>
>>93951088
If rumors are true. Sony will make mile morales peter Parker and MJ son from the future
>>
>>93955956
Just bring back Toby, and let him raise Mayday Parker.
>>
I'm a fan of the live-action shit as much as the next guy, but it gets fucking cancerous in these threads. When are the mods gonna ban it from this board?
>>
>>93949341
Literally nobody but you gives a shit or even noticed. People are just sick of generic marvel capeshit.
>>
>>93956160
Don't speak for me faggot I agree with him
>>
>>93949260
Last three Spider-Man movies were bad and damaged his reputation.

Had to compete with other movies.

Over-exposure. Spider-Man has had so much exposure.

Overall, Homecoming wasn't about making trillions of dollars. It was about fixing Spider-Man's reputation and helping him fit in the MCU. Which it has accomplished both.
>>
>>93949363
I usually don't mind it when it's done alright. But jesus Christ she was insufferable. She was literally an Antifa. Like it was so overdone it made me cringe. It's a shame cuz it was a nice movie aside from her. Hell I even liked the other Black girl more. At least she was was try hard. She was just a girl.
>>
>>93949260
People are tired of capeshit
>>
>>93949260

Homecoming looked like weekend leftovers for me.

Like, I will maybe watch it, I like superhero movies and watched every other Spider-Man film before (part of the problem), but only if I have the time and there are no other movies I want to watch. I'll probably watch Valerian first for one. Showing Iron Man helping Spider-Man with the ship in the trailer was cringey enough.

If not on theaters, I can always watch it on TV a few years later.
>>
>Spiderman is my favorite "classic" (I.e. someone normies would know pre-MCU) hero
>only bothered with Civil War because of him
>Homecoming is amazing
>It's doing shit because people think it'll be as bad as 3 and Amazing
>Sony is making Black Cat (favorite Marvel character) spin-off that MCU will likely not acknowledge so she'll get shit all merchandising and such

God. I hate Sony's film division. So fucking much.
>>
>>93949260
N-no but you s-see this isn't like BvS because having the most famous characters of the company in one movie... I mean it's different, I can't explain it but trust me :^)
>>
>>93953778
>Guardians is at 859 million worldwide, and still pulling it in, so a billion is entirely possible.
Anon stop, you're breaking my heart
>>
>>93949260
The marketing did a really bad job of selling it. The trailers were mediocre too. It's just that nothing that they showed people about the movie was going to draw in people who aren't already fans of Spiderman.

Also cinematic movies are starting to die. People don't go to the cinema as much as they used to due to the increased availability of entertainment online, yeah the cinemas get it first but a lot of people don't really care anymore and are fine with waiting because they have shitloads of other things they can watch online without having to leave home. This factor combined with constantly increasing expectations of marketing and production costs are really beginning to kill cinematic releases lately.

Give it 20 years or so, the public cinema is a dying concept, soon all movies will release online, probably using a pay-per-view model that replicates cinema prices.
>>
File: 1499666139741.gif (3MB, 321x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499666139741.gif
3MB, 321x250px
>>93949363
god your pathetic
>>
>>93949260
Didn't promote feminism as hard as suicide flop and wonder woman
>>
>>93949260
It had actual competition.
>>
>>93949260
I'd like to think it's just momentum dying down. I think this happened with the avengers movie
>>
>>93949260
It's what happens when too many movie companies get into a dick swing contest.

Spidey's 2nd week doesn't do as well as it coulda because it has to compete with apes first week and the family friend D3. Apes first week does do as well as it could because spidey is still going strong. Dunk up in this bitch to.

No biggy for spider man though. shit's making mad money.
>>
>>93958296
>Give it 20 years or so, the public cinema is a dying concept, soon all movies will release online, probably using a pay-per-view model that replicates cinema prices.
This hurts me so much inside. I love going to the movies, especially on opening night. Seeing it on a huge screen with a bunch of other people, feeling everyone's emotions...

You cannot get that at home. Not the huge screen, not the heightened sense of camaraderie (good luck finding a movie more than 5 people in your friend pool agree on watching seriously and not trying to MST3K it), not the atmosphere...

I would absolutely pirate every last movie that comes out if they dare try selling cinema-priced movies for fucking TVs that you can't even own.
>>
>>93958320
>the state of mouseshills
This isn't fun anymore
>>
>>93949626
who are you quoting
>>
Mendelson is saying Spider-Man: Homie (because the blackwashing get it? haha) Coming will make about $295M domestic, just short of 300M. That's pretty good all things considered, not a flop and it'll get a sequel. But if you're too much into company wars that's about the same MoS made and less than everything else in the DCEU

So good for Marvel and Sony, bad news for the cancerous MCU fanbase
>>
>>93954125
>implying sampled unoriginal music is ever better than the original popularized music that they're basing themselves on
anon...
>>
>>93958260

Oh man

>BvS becomes a underperforming Internet lolcow
>Wonder Woman, last remaining member of the so called by comic fans DC "Trilogy" without a modern film to herself, is scheduled to get her own movie from her small role in BvS
>Wonder Woman solo film ruthlessly underestimated before release
>Wonder Woman solo film overperforms against all competition despite not a single cameo from Batman let alone the whole other story dead Superman

now...

>Civil War earns a billion and gets into Marvel's Literally Can Not Lose hall of fame
>Marvel perennial favorite from both comics and movies Spider-Man to be introduced to the MCU from his heavily advertised small role in Civil War
>Homecoming expected to be another easy billion maker with a prominently advertised role from the other perennial movie favorite Iron Man
>Homecoming underperforms, loses second weekend top spot to another sequel that itself didn't open as high as previous entries in its own series

This is like, some kind of New Frontier, or a Rebirth, or something. It's time to be Brave (men are brave, now Women too), and hope studios can still be Bold.
>>
>>93949363
this
and every story/cast announcement made it sound worse
>>
>>93949260
>What went wrong?
middle Americans weren't going.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raOgK0RiJls
>>
>>93951605
Nolan's career is almost over. Dunkirk is going to be the last gasp after his last two atrocities.
>>
>>93949260
Maaaybe co producing with Sony?
They are still on charge what they can do on the movies after all
>>
>>93952548
So which one i believe?
>>
>Dunkirk
>97 on metacritic
>98% RT score
>oscars favourite
Poor spidey
>>
>>93949363
Bravo anon, /pol/ posting never fails to gain (you)s
>>
>>93953518
>wonder woman
>objectively good
It was okay, better than the rest of the DCEU, admittedly.
>>
It's just not that good. I was expecting a mediocre safe white meat marvel shitter and I was still let down.
>>
>>93949341
This.

I'm Asian and they can't get a dude who doesn't look like an obese mongoloid?
>>
>>93954118
>so he's not biased by anything
Uh, that just means he's biased against cape films.
>>
>>93953800
did thanos smile a lot?
>>
File: spiderman_h.jpg (414KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman_h.jpg
414KB, 960x540px
Because the poster doesn't appeal to the older audience. The headphones and jacket are cringy..
>>
>>93953933

>You can literally cut every one of her scenes from the movie and not miss a thing.

Fucking this

At least the annoying fat friend character contributed significantly to the actual plot.
>>
>>93954420
>I don't have any because those have always existed
Yeah, no they didn't.
>>
>>93949260
It's almost like the average consumer didn't want to go see a fucking 12th spiderman movie.
>>
>>93949260
Everything that's right with Homecoming is thanks to Marvel.

Everything wrong with it you can thank Sony and the liberal agenda.

/thread
>>
>>93949693
Yeah, no.
>>
I was bored with this movie. The highschool parts were absolutely dreadful and Iron Man just doesn't make sense in this movie, I still don't understand why does he offer the suit by the end. Holland only worried about what uncle Tony thoughts of him and becoming an Avenger after almost killing thousands is just like Superman getting a blowjob over the corpses in MoS or whatever. Just bad characterization. The CGI was bad, most of the jokes were bad. Not GotG2 tier bad, but still fell flat for me. And Michelle "MJ but not the one you think haha or is it?" "Melanin Paladin" Jones is just terrible all around.

It's just a bad movie, worst capemovie of the year for me, and looking at that abysmal drop I'm guessing for many people too
>>
>>93953778
Lol, this idiot thinks Spiderman and gotg is still going to make a billion.
>>
>>93949260
Well personally I just don't give a shit about spiderman anymore. That's just me though.
>>
>>93958906
Why are you complaining about pretty much the only character aside from Peter himself who looks like his comic counterpart?
>>
>>93954101
Nope, it sucked as a Spiderman movie. Won't have legs and the movie was as fangless as the trailer.
>>
>>93954769
I'm Dominican and i hate the casting
>>
>>93958692
>middle Americans
What utter human garbage.
>>
>>93958782
follow your heart anon.
>>
>>93949363
This, but not for racial reasons. When people go out of their way to cast people as a different race than the source material, they're usually bad. Racebending was also why I skipped out on the Avatar movie on opening night. The fact that it was shit made me skip the rest.
>>
File: 1460822721666.png (315KB, 679x864px) Image search: [Google]
1460822721666.png
315KB, 679x864px
>b-b-buh Spidey is the most famous hero ever! Even more than Batman.
>>
>>93959023

I haven't read Slott's eternal Spider-Man run but currently read Waid's post-Civil War II Avengers comic and I like the Frazer Irving style art.

But CEO Peter Parker funding the Avengers after Iron Man, while secretly still being the quippy Spider-Man while bullied by younger Nu-Wasp, reminds me of my own middle-age and part of me fears they want me to watch movies of Holland Spidey inhering Stark Industries.

Not my Spider-Man, and it's a coin toss if I'd want Morales Spidey or Kamala Ms. Marvel as the alternative.
>>
Because this movie was barely a Spider-Man movie. No Daily Bugle, no JJJ, the entire school cast dynamics were reworked (I don't care about the races of the cast, but the roles they function in the story), Aunt May taken out of Trouble, just to name a few. Instead we got Iron Man and the MCU's fingerprints all over it, saturating every part of this "Spider-Man" movie.
Some Homecoming it was. Into Iron Man's home, maybe.
>>
>>93959099
Some of the absolutely worst people to exist. I put them on the same level as radical mudslimes. Just a different flavor. Theyre backwards religious zealots, uneducated and worst of all proud of it. Thats what happens when you keep reproducing in the same direct gene pool.
>>
>>93959144
You're thinking of iron man. Got better reviews than dceus most liked feminist icon
>>
>>93959433
Yeah 9 years ago and the MCU hasn't made anything close ever since
Pic related if we're bringing in well reviewed films from 9 years ago
>>
>>93959433
but this movie had IM
checkmate, shill
>>
I got Spider fatigue for sure. Just bored of him. Same with Iron Man. I don't care how little of a role he had in the movie, his presence immediately turned me off to seeing it.
>>
>>93959456
What's wrong with IM in the movie though? I could get it if he was there all the time. But he's like there 4 times. None of them being a real battle. I thought it made it feel more connected to the universe. Is that why people hate it? They don't wAnt their movies to be connected?
>>
>>93959446
That's not a part of their movie verse
You're moving the posts
>>
>>93959512
>Is that why people hate it?
Being a bad movie doesn't help
>>
>>93959551
It wasn't though. It was a fine enough movie. Shit wasn't Kino or some Oscar level shit, but it was a fine comic movie. Hell, better than any other Spider-Man movie easily.
>>
>>93949260
It did better than Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, and Guardians of the Galaxy did.

Any popularity that the Spider-Man IP in general would add to a box office total is countered out by sequel and reboot fatigue, so the fairest comparison is the other MCU new IPs, and in that regard it overperformed.
>>
>>93959574

>Hell, better than any other Spider-Man movie easily

I'm curious why exactly.

What did it easily do better than any or all of them. As a Spider-Man movie.
>>
>>93959848
It felt more real to me. I mean it's a story about an Arachnid kid so it's not gonna feel really real. But it sure as hell felt like Peter was a high school student and not some overpowered superhero. He was finally a neighborhood spider man. The movie was more down to earth and more akin to the spider man comic I read growing up. Also a lot less WE CAN RULE THIS CITY TOGETHER SPIDER-MAN lines. Of course there are bad aspects but if I take away any nostalgia I have for the Raimi movies then this I easily my favorite.
>>
Is it true Spider-Man doesn't punch anyone?
>>
>>93959848
I mean he was fighting a guy who's main goal was to steal things, not destroy the city or world. That level of danger is around spider man, but not usually when he's on his own. I admit the part with the spider man suit with AI was dumb, but it was handled better than expected and it was treated as a plot point rather than a overpowering power up. Hell, the last part of the movie he didn't even have it. I mean you can cry sjw or something but that aside its still good.
>>
>>93959574
It was a movie that reduced Peter to a mere legacy character. A lot like Riri Williams. Someone who couldn't stand on their own two feet, and needed to be coddled by a veteran. Someone who lacks skill and determination, but has plenty of supporting cast to validate him because reasons.

Peter doesn't have his spider sense. Peter has no sense of responsibility. Peter can't even fight. He doesn't even throw a punch. How is this "easily" the best Spider-Man movie?

>>93959579
I wish I had a camera that could take a picture of the mental gymnastics of this whole post.
>>
>>93949626
>, not /pol/ whitey.
>dumbass gook thinks /pol/ is white.
>>
>>93959902
I don't want him overpowered in the start. He's a Damn kid. He still beat the bad guy in the end and even saved him from dying. It's also a lot less over the top. The Raimi movies were ridiculous nostalgia aside. And the Garfield movies are horrible. This WAS easily the best Spider-Man movie. It made sense as a movie. The only thing that barely compares I the first Raimi movie.
>>
>>93959873
>The movie was more down to earth and more akin to the spider man comic I read growing up.
Which Spider-Man comics did you read growing up?
>>
>>93949260
apeshit > capeshit
>>
>>93953099
India loves spiderman in general. Sony's TASM1 and 2 were hits there as well.
People here don't even remember flash.
>>
>>93959927
>He still beat the bad guy in the end
He beat an MCU bad guy. Not a fucking amazing feat. And the fact that birdman survived means absolute dick. He ain't coming back.

>The Raimi movies were ridiculous
That was the point. It's a comic book movie.
>>
>>93959929
I inherited a lot of Ditko and Kane comics from my uncle. They were lighter and fun than other runs I saw. I always thought of Spider-Man as a more light hero and i didnt much care for the more intense stuff like McFarlane or any of the more modern ones. I mean sure if you do that's cool. But I stopped reading a lot of comics when I ran out of the ones I had.
>>
>>93959957
What did you want from it then? To be as silly as the Raimi ones? To be super serious with a overpowered high school aged spider man? I think this is a good introduction of the character into the current landscape. Also they didn't have to dwell on things everyone knows and stress things even normies get.
>>
>>93953933
>the Robin namedrop in Dark Night Rises
Oh shit I forgot that we will never get that Robin movie.
>>
>>93959574
>Hell, better than any other Spider-Man movie easily.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh wow, Marvelcucks everyone.
>>
>>93960102
Which one was better? Also why
>>
Reminder that after adjusting for inflation each of the Raimi movies made over a billion dollars.
>>
>>93960111
And Twilight is a best selling novel that has made over 500 million dollars.
>>
>>93960127
Yes, and?
>>
>>93960135
Money does not equal good. There are a lot of stupid people who like stupid things. Mind you I don't hate the RAimi movies or anything. Just that they're not good movies. They're fun. But not good movies outside of the first one.
>>
>>93960148
>Money does not equal good. There are a lot of stupid people who like stupid things.

By any objective analysis, it does. Critics shit on popular things all the time but that's a worthless elitist perspective. The purpose of movies isn't high art, it's to entertain the masses. The movies that sell the most provides the most entertainment and cash are therefore the best products.
>>
How many fucking times have Sony rebooted Spider-Man?
>>
>>93960151
They are the best products. That is very true. But I disagree that movies are ONLY to entertain the masses. There can an art to movies. BUT not all movies have to be art. I can not deny that the Raimi movies made mad bank and were also a big part of what made comic book movies a more accepted part of society as a whole. But a good movie it does not make. Like I said the first movie made sense from a storytelling point of view, albeit over the top but hey it's a comic movie. But the second and third were bad. They were fun because they were bad. But it doesn't change the fact that it is still bad storytelling, a lot of bad acting and a lot of unnecessary added things. That doesn't change that bad things can be enjoyable too. I love The Room and Troll 2, but god knows those are awful.
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.