[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's not canon, is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: Smh.png (4MB, 1440x2406px) Image search: [Google]
Smh.png
4MB, 1440x2406px
>Sony Movie
>8 years later
>Peter was filming when he was supposed to say "Holy Shit" line in CW
>Vulture manages to steal Alien and Ultron tech for years without catching the Avengers attention
>Tony and Pepper are still together
>Spider-Man is aloud to operate outside of the Avengers despite the Sokovia Accords saying unregistered superheros are illegal
>>
>>93815866
This movie was a flawed piece of shit only used as a cash grab and power move by Disney towards Sony
>>
>>93815866
>an MCU production contradicts everything that came before
Whoa, that has never happened before!
>>
>>93815866
Of course it's canon you moron

Stop worrying about logic and shit and just enjoy the awesome movie
>>
It's a shitty story, but it has Spider-Man and Robert Downey Jr in it so must be fun.

Everyone love it. Now.
>>
>>93815866
>>>/co/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYrRqMHQY7o
>>
File: 1497301795997.png (560KB, 1345x599px) Image search: [Google]
1497301795997.png
560KB, 1345x599px
>>93815866
>8 years later
8 years after the events of the battle of New York.
Probably started filming after 'holy shit'.
>Vulture manages to steal Alien and Ultron tech for years without catching the Avengers attention
He wasn't stirring shit up until the events of Homecoming. So of course he managed to go unnoticed.
The movie takes place 6 moths after Civil War and she's CEO of Stark Industries. That's plenty of time and precedence for them to make up.
>Spider-Man is aloud to operate outside of the Avengers despite the Sokovia Accords saying unregistered superheros are illegal
The Sokovia Accords has nothing to do with 'unregistered' superheroes. The Sokovia Accords was made purely to control the Avengers and applies to ONLY the Avengers. Spider-Man is not a member of the Avengers, and therefore is not subject to it.

Though that doesn't stop him from technically being subject to United States law, where vigilantism is illegal.
>>
Why do we have this thread everyday?
>>
>>93816145
>8 years after the events of the battle of New York.
its only been 5
>That's plenty of time and precedence for them to make up.
then show us on screen
>The Sokovia Accords was made purely to control the Avengers and applies to ONLY the Avengers
the accords are meant to stop all non sanctioned super hero acts of vigilantism.
>>
>>93816271
Because some people just want to be mad, but still have a drive to belong to a community, so they try to get others mad. Its like jerking off in a crowded room hoping somebody in there is gonna start jerking off with you.
>>
>>93816408
I think that might be one of my favorite analogies ever
>>
>>93815915
>dat terrible taste and opinion
>>
>>93816320
Except not tho
What a fagg this kid
>>
>>93815866
Vulture stole from the Damage Control trucks which they didn't check on the cargo once loaded and catalogued.
>>
>>93816320
>its only been 5
Civil War and Homecoming don't take place in 2016.

>then show us on screen
Why? It's not an Iron Man movie.

>the accords are meant to stop all non sanctioned super hero acts of vigilantism.
No, the Sokovia Accords was meant to to put a leash on the Avengers via making them into a division of the UN. Spider-Man is not an Avenger, therefore the Accords don't apply to him.
>>
File: moralssquad.jpg (25KB, 421x370px) Image search: [Google]
moralssquad.jpg
25KB, 421x370px
I will never understand why /co/ is so determined to hate this movie. It skews closer to early Ultimate Spider-Man than it does the 616 version of the character (especially the whole "wants to be an Avenger but the Avengers don't think he's quite ready just yet" angle), but I don't think that's a bad fit for the MCU. Frankly, it's exactly the kind of Spider-Man movie I thought I'd never see in my lifetime- one that takes place in a larger, shared Marvel Universe. The fact that it got made at all still kind of astonishes me.

But /co/ hates it.

Boggles the mind.
>>
>>93816617
So anyone can do anything they want as long as they aren't an avenger
>>
>>93816754
It's not /co/ it's retards from /tv/ probably the same ones who say DC movies are "kino" whatever that means

/co/ loves the movie like everyone else
>>
>>93816754
I hate the massive push to eliminate all white characters and replace them with brown people, but I liked the action and thought tom did a good job
>>
>>93815866
>8 years later
5 years from the avengers, but 8 years seems to be a reference to iron man 1
in order to keep a PG rating, fairly minor change all things considered
he was generally very careful to aim for scraps from dept of damage control, which was why he didnt want to do the job on avengers towers until he had no other choice left
take a look at the scene where spidey gets left in the truck, they just dump the scraps into the warehouse, unknowingly bringing a person in there, it is within the realm of possibility that they dont notice some stuff missing
tony does have a life outside the confines of the movies, so while a shocker to the audience there was probably a lot going on off-screen
the sokovia accords mostly dealt with superheroes operating across many countries, not stopping crime in a single country, he would only be within its jurisdiction if he crossed tried to catch a criminal in anotehr country without telling anyone
also, given how small his scale is, most people probably dont think he is worth the effort
also, tony is explicitly monitoring his activities, and is the person responsible for him, so he does actually answer to a higher authority, iron man an actual avenger who is registered
>>
>>93816320

>the accords are meant to stop all non sanctioned super hero acts of vigilantism.

Uh did you miss the whole part where Ross lectures the Avengers about accountability and the Rhodes try and tell cap that he can't fight the UN? Or how Tony is taking about how they need to be put in check?

Or how Steve was super concerned about people with agendas not letting them go into a situation or get into a situation they don't agree with?

The Accords was to put the Avengers in the control of a UN council
>>
>>93816320
>its only been 5
i think marvel knows their timeline better than you
>then show us on screen
that's trivial and not up to you personally, it's actually quite unesseary this wasn't his movie it was spider-man. where would you see it since it's no other ironman or avengers movie has been released to show it? you're asking for nonsense

when operating out of the country, which is why ironman had him staying in queens and was up[set when he didn't listen. there's a presumption that he cleared spider-man to operate on his watch to the gov. but not to the public. so thunderbolt may know but local enforcement doesn't know shit.

man it's like you choose to ignore basic critical thinking to find flaws when there isn't an issue at all.
>>
>>93816943
I take it you've never been to New York
>>
>>93816788
pretty much and they are subject to arrest if the gov. decides they didn't like it.

hence both iron man and thunderbolt ross said you don't sign retire. you're pretty much no longer an avenger and can lose government approval and equipment. but not necessary arrested. until you fuck up.
>>
>>93816754
I really dont like ultimate spider-man
>>93816617
>Civil War and Homecoming don't take place in 2016.
First im hearing of this.
Does avengers take place in 2012 for certain?
>>
>>93817155
>Does avengers take place in 2012 for certain?

That seems to apparently be the case. Though honestly, since they shy away on listing specific dates in these movies, apart from flashbacks and whatnot, Homecoming could take place in 2007 for all I could guess just going by the movies.
>>
>>93816754
>it's exactly the kind of Spider-Man movie I thought I'd never see in my lifetime- one that takes place in a larger, shared Marvel Universe

That's what makes it awful to me. The reason I kept coming to Spider-man before it all went to shit was because Peter had to deal with his shit alone. That's the only way anything made sense in his life.
As soon as he has actual support, his core themes of GUILT and responsibility are muddled and the character just isn't as interesting anymore.
Spider-man is fun for the action-comedy but also because his life is a ridiculous soap opera of self-imposed contrivances. It's about humble bragging, being an awesome superhero but putting yourself down in your personal life.

The moment Peter interacts with someone doing the same thing, it stretches the credibility that he'd keep being so self-punishingly self-centered.
>>
>>93817373
I remember Happy making a comment to Tony at the end about having the wedding ring[\spoiler] in his pocket since 2008 and how hed been holding onto it for awhile. So it has to be set in 2009 or later. Best guess would be 2014-2017 based on the phones.
>>
File: IMG_8298.jpg (19KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8298.jpg
19KB, 206x245px
Not Ganke Lee is total husubando material
>>
>>93818601
>I remember Happy making a comment to Tony at the end about having the wedding ring[\spoiler] in his pocket since 2008

That's not really an indication of anything. Even in IM1 there was a spark between them. For all we know that's been there for quite some time before the events of IM1.

And even then, the events of IM1 take place 1 1/2 years before the events of Avengers 1.

So with Avengers taking place in 2012, that means that IM1 takes place in maybe late 2010/early 2011.

>Best guess would be 2014-2017 based on the phones.

Cellphones have looked like just rectangles for nearly a decade now. They all look the same.
>>
>>93818601
>>93819242
I'm pretty sure that was just an in-joke that the guy who plays Happy directed the Iron Man movies.
>>
>>93817048
>i think marvel knows their timeline better than you

Civil War was 8 years after Iron Man ("in the 8 years since Iron Man revealed himself to the world")
Age of Ultron was a year before Civil War (Zemo says multiple times he's been wanting revenge on the Avengers for a year)
Guardians was unambiguously in 2014 (title cards)
Thor in Age of Ultron references the infinity stone from Guardians so AoU had to happen after Guardians.

This means AoU happened in 2014 at the earliest, which would place Civil War in 2015 and Homecoming in 2016 or late 2015 maybe. Regardless, Iron Man happened 8 years before Civil War, putting it around 8.5-9 years before Homecoming.
>>
>>93816320
First avengers takes place around 2009 m8
>>
>>93816320
I shouldn't they be after Daredevil too then?
>>
>>93816320
>Sokovia accords
You're using the comics version
In civil war it applied only to the avengers as multinational superheroes
>>
>>93821201
>Apply only to the Avengers

That could mean multiple things.

Why would they outlaw the only superheroes that saved the earth from aliens but let other vigilantes do what they want?

Makes more sense if they outlawed all vigilantes and had a special provision that only applied to the Avengers that allowed them to work for the UN
>>
>>93821309
Because of the fact that the avengers are operating worldwide without any jurisdiction
Most other heroes are kept in check by SHIELD, or at least we're at one point, and any other heroes are underground, not grand scale, or mysterious i:e the Netflix shows with ghost Rider, Daredevil, iron fist, and Spiderman
Except Spiderman is slowly becoming more and more capable, actually making himself a major hero in the process who could operate in multiple places
The point is, the avengers are a group of the strongest who operate without jurisdiction, worldwide, and intervene in multiple major affairs and can tip balances just by showing up
>>
>>93815866
>>8 years later

This isn't incorrect. People think Avengers takes place in 2012, it doesn't. It takes place in 2010.
>>
>>93821733

That still doesn't explain why the law would only apply to them. There's no reason to think another group of superheroes in the future would never start to operate worldwide. Would they really wait around until Avengers 2.0 show up and then pass a second law that only applied to that team?

The governments of the MCU aren't that stupid, right?
>>
Ironman and Avengers happen in the same year or a year apart, so 2008/2009. Cut to civil war and homecoming, which would thus take place in 2016/2017.

All of the MCU's events have taken place in 8 years, mind you.
>>
>>93821309
>Why would they outlaw the only superheroes that saved the earth from aliens
The purpose of the Accords isn't to outlaw the Avengers, it's to put them under the UN's heel and control them. Without Aliens or whatever for the Avengers to fight, they go around and conduct their own missions as they see fit behind whatever countries' governments backs and end up causing too much collateral problems.

>but let other vigilantes do what they want?
They don't. Spider-Man is not subject to the Sokovia Accords, but he is subject to US laws.

Look at it this way;

You have some jackoff trashing a convenience store, you call the police. You have some 5 year old painting on someone's house, you call his parents.
>>
>>93821989
If Spider-Man left the US he'd be subject to the Accords though, right?
>>
File: Thinking_Face_Emoji_grande.png (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking_Face_Emoji_grande.png
143KB, 600x600px
>>93816617
>Civil War and Homecoming don't take place in 2016.

>>93821806
>People think Avengers takes place in 2012, it doesn't. It takes place in 2010.

>>93820824
>First avengers takes place around 2009 m8

>>93817048
>i think marvel knows their timeline better than you
>>
>>93821976
>There's no reason to think another group of superheroes in the future would never start to operate worldwide.

Currently, there isn't. As it stands right now, the only heroes who's origins have absolutely nothing to do with Shield, Hydra or some branch of the US military are Thor, Black Panther and Spider-Man ('m not forgetting the Kamar-Taj, I just don't count them because they just always distanced themselves from world issues). Superheroes are, for them, a very recent phenomena. There's no reason to think that it will be a lasting thing.
>>
>>93822155
Sounds really short sighted. Remember 7ish years ago when the rest of the world was 10 years away from Iron Man tech?
>>
>>93822123
Iron Man 2, Thor, and Incredible Hulk all happen in the same week. Avengers is shortly after those.
>>
>>93822113
>If Spider-Man left the US he'd be subject to the Accords though, right?

I don't think it would be that simple. I think it'd would depend maybe on the frequency and scale of his actions. If say he regularly went to Canada to say do the same streetlevel shit he does in New York, like catch muggers, thieves and bank robbers, the UN probably wouldn't care. But if he started getting regularly involved in shit that would count as international incidents on another continent, THEN the UN might crack down on him.

But until such a thing, the Accords won't apply to him because he's not worth the attention of the UN. Spidey's a US domestic hero, and thus is the US's problem only. The Accords apply specifically to the Avengers because they were becoming a problem EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>93822202
>Remember 7ish years ago when the rest of the world was 10 years away from Iron Man tech?

Replicating that tech means nothing without the power source, and Tony knows that. Even if North Korea did develop something on par with Stark's suit, it wouldn't really amount to shit since they wouldn't have anything to make the suit actually work.

So depending on how you want to look at it, Yeah, they were 10 or 15 years away from making a suit. But a working one? it'd never happen.
>>
>>93822212
>Iron Man 2, Thor, and Incredible Hulk all happen in the same week. Avengers is shortly after those.

Fury, in the Avengers film, states that the events of Thor 1 transpired a year previously. I wouldn't call that 'shortly'.
>>
>>93822438
I figured that included arc reactor technology. Why would that be inaccessible forever?
>>
>thinking Feige would allow such a shitty movie to be a part of the MCU
It's about as canon to the MCU as Punisher meets Eminem is canon to 616.
>>
>>93822534
Tony might not make the wepon no more, but he can still hold on to patents.
>>
>>93815866
I would say Peter has Jungle Fever, but then I remembered both the girls are half-white.

What does that make it? Jungle-Forest Fever?
>>
>>93816754
It's absurd. In another thread there was this huge argument about how the movie doesn't get the character because it didn't focus on showing Peter's family as absolutely broke, and the rubble scene is shit on principle if it's not about getting medicines to May

Imagine what kind of retardation the Raimi movies would cause today on this board
>WTF, they replaced Gwen with MJ and Goblin didn't even kill her?!? But this way there's no struggle! This might aswell be a Miguel movie!
>>
>>93816825
/co/ and /tv/ are basically the same board at this point, when it comes to discussing movies.
>>
>>93822608
How is a patent going to stop someone outside the US?
>>
>>93821988
>Ironman and Avengers happen in the same year or a year apart, so 2008/2009
This is the first im hearing of this
>>
File: 1479070831082.jpg (18KB, 480x280px) Image search: [Google]
1479070831082.jpg
18KB, 480x280px
>>93817401
The fact that this was the first solo movie with this Spider-man and there wasn't any mention of Uncle Ben was alarming, though.

And the fact that he pushed the rubble off so that he could just save Stark assets was lame. Vulture shouldn't been on his way to kill his family
>>
File: 1466116465571.jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466116465571.jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
>>93822534
>Why would that be inaccessible forever?

Because, aside from the Vankos, who are dead, the only person who has the technological and physics aptitude to build an Arc Reactor is Tony Stark. And Howard, who conceived it, only did so by studying the Cosmic Cube. Which is no longer on Earth.

So unless Tony starts distributing Arc Reactor schematics and the formula/process on replicating the Cube's substance, no one will ever truly be able to make something on par with Stark's Iron Man tech.
>>
>>93822848

But no one will ever ever for infinity years be able to figure it out? Seriously?
>>
>>93822987
>But no one will ever ever for infinity years be able to figure it out?

Never for as long as it counts in the events of the MCU, yeah. If we're thinking beyond whatever point where the MCU movies end, but still in-universe, then by the time humanity is at a point where they CAN successfully make a suit on par with Iron Man tech, they'll have probably moved on from the concept altogether and think it too outdated or passe.
>>
>>93815866
The Sokovia Accords only apply to the Avengers, it's not the same registration act from the comics.

With that said, vigilantism is still illegal, so it's kind of irrelevant
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.