[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rick and Morty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 40

File: S2e10_rick_thinking.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
S2e10_rick_thinking.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
Why does 4chan hate R&M that much? I am not the biggest fan of the show but im wondering. Is it because it is popular on Reddit?

Am i missing something here?
>>
>>93410629
People like it. it's just crossposters from /tv/ that are upset with it or Roiland deliberately shitposting.
>>
File: d63.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
d63.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>93410648
Yeah, i sometimes see R&M threads.

I doubt that a famous person would be spending his time advertising here.

Thanks
>>
>>93410629
I disliked it because its unfunny to the point of offending me.
I hate it because I have to constantly hear people lecture me on how it's the most brilliant television currently out there a la BBT.
>>
File: taPW1dt.jpg (7KB, 240x217px) Image search: [Google]
taPW1dt.jpg
7KB, 240x217px
>>93410700
Yeah it repeats itself a bit but it has some funny parts. I have never known a person irl that knows the show, probaply because it doesnt air on TV
>>
>>93410679

It's hard to believe but he actually used to post here. However given the success of the show he's probably too distracted by all the money and pussy he's currently getting.
>>
>>93410769
yeah :D
>>
>>93410700

> its unfunny to the point of offending me

/co/mblr is real, those that disbelieve it are fools.
>>
>>93410810

Honestly dude it's the most underrated way to crush puss. Girls these days are strange, the minute they sense quality staging or dialogue they go fucking crazy for the d.

It's basically the only real reason I'm in animation desu.
>>
Honestly, I might actually like it if Rick didn't burp and drool every second.
>>
>>93410629
The high-school level Nihilistic Spiels are incredibly annoying, and the Show tries too hard at having meaningfully serious moments, despite killing any chance of that off in the beginning of season 3.
>>
>>93410904

Personally i found it funny but it is kind annoying
>>
File: 583615857e6411589344118e.png (103KB, 246x583px) Image search: [Google]
583615857e6411589344118e.png
103KB, 246x583px
Because Rick Sanchez is a spic.
>>
>>93410648
>>93410769
I think probably just luked here once to know the place then returned to reddit
>>
>>93410745
>I have never known a person irl that knows the show, probaply because it doesnt air on TV
Are you posting from an alternate universe or something? Rick and Morty airs on Adult Swim/Cartoon Network.
>>
>>93411448
I am not american, they dont have Adult Swim here where i live. (Finland)
>>
>>93411180
>>93410904

I was just about to answer the same
>>
>>93410904
god fuck that
>>
>>93410629
it's popular with normies now so it's triggering the 4chan contrarian instinct. the show isn't terrible but only about 50% of it is actually funny
>>
>>93412848
Mostly this, I think. It seems like people love it when it's on, but fans are really obnoxious during the gap when it's not.
>>
>>93410810
Its not surprising, the 4chan population has been rising damn near exponentially since 2013.
>>
>>93410629
The internet ruined it for me mostly. A somewhat funny "lol so random" joke in that show makes the internet go crazy
>bring le schezwan sauce back xd
Fucking everywhere for weeks
Also it's very pandering to nihilists, which makes it annoying to me. It kinda feels like its meant to appeal to some edgy teenager who just became a nihilist, stopped caring about most things, and thinks he's super smart just because of it. If it weren't pandering as much, I'm sure I wouldn't mind it at all
>>
>>93413157
The sauce thing was obvious gorilla marketing, the shill memes were forced as fuck.
>>
>>93410904
Yeah same here. It was really hard to get through the pilot episode because of that. But it sorta improved after that
>>
Ive been arguing with my friend over why i think its shit/why he thinks its great. Tbh i still think im completely right, cuz his only counterpoints were that i didnt watch the whole thing, and that different people have different tastes.

I hate it, i truly hate the show because it tries to pass itself as an intelectually superior show for intelectually superior people without backing it up. No quality humor, no profound thought, mediocre animation, typical plots that always strive to return to status quo.
The attempts at humor are just rick acting like an alcoholic, morty being unpleased with the current state of things, mortys dad being clueless about everything and life being shit. Fucking hell, if i wanted to laugh at surreal sociopathy id watch south park, which does it infinitely better. Cartman doesnt repeat his every single statement multiple times with different wording and burping in between, and stan and the others dont whine with shrill, ear piercing howls but instead tell cartman that hes a fat fucking faggot.
But it wouldnt be so bad if only the humor was a bit stale. No, the worst thing about the show is that they try to sell you some fucking edgelord 16yo philosophy that nothing in life matters, normies are stupid, governments are corrupt bla bla bla. WOW dude thats fucking NEWS to me! How did you come up with all this stuff like DUDE are you a fucking god? Are you a messiah coming to tell me stuff that i already fucking know but with burping and drooling? That is hilarious! To that i say L. O. L. (Laughing Out Loud in internet jargon, you normals wouldnt figure it out ;)

And yeah, thats supposed to be smart. Its no better that TBBT, but at least i dont want to punch every single fucking character in TBBT, and it embraces the fact that despite being about smart people, its not very smart

God does that show fucking infuriate me
>>
>>93413327
I hope this becomes a copypasta
>>
babbys first taste of nihilistic humour and content, the early phases is humour but the show is weak and is not even funny. The people watching RM missed family guy and futurama before it, depressing cartoons for a quick gag.

At least simpsons had heart.
>>
>>93413401
>Futurama
>Depressing cartoon for a quick gag

Hahahaha what?
>>
>>93410629
Mostly the Reddit thing. Didn't one of the creators come here to devil's advocate shitpost about the show?
>>
>>93410700
>unfunny to the point of offending me.
How can you be offended by something not being funny?
>>
File: 1407874493262.png (270KB, 464x395px) Image search: [Google]
1407874493262.png
270KB, 464x395px
>>93410629

Personally, I like the show because it has a good sense of pacing to it. It's quick and to the point, but not TOO fast where it feels like everyone's threatening to talk over each other. Also, it introduces some ideas that are interesting or at least puts a humorous twist on well-worn ideas. Chris Parnell plays a perfect putz as Jerry, Roiland's range has been somewhat limited but still makes up for it in the dialogue for playing the title characters, Spencer Grammar does a good job at nailing that bratty tone for Summer, and so on. And the guest voices they bring on are solid, too (Rob Paulsen, Maurice LaMarche, Tress MacNeille, Tom Kenny, etc.)

Like the whole Raising Gazorpazorp episode. How many of you guys went "oh god this is gonna suck" when you heard the premise of it being about animosity between two genders? It could have gone really, really badly. But instead we got shit like babies being flung by giant slingshots outside, the first extended interaction between Rick and Summer with some good dialogue ("Now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs!"). Also, I think this show is sort of helping to fill a gap that Futurama left, what with it bein a sci-fi comedy and shit. And I fucking loved the Season 3 opener, I can't believe they wrote their way outta what they ended on for Season 2. It was legitimately exciting watching Rick simultaneously fuck over the Council of Ricks and the Galactic Federation. I don't know how they're gonna top that.
>>
File: 1375675832423.jpg (44KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1375675832423.jpg
44KB, 625x626px
>>93413327
>some fucking edgelord 16yo philosophy that nothing in life matters, normies are stupid, governments are corrupt bla bla bla
You fucking nigger people have been saying this since Greek times. All of it is still true.
>>
>>93410904
it gets way better in s2 with the burping and the whole "repeating each other's name"
>>
>>93413352
Dude there are like two copypastas about R&M already, we don't need a third one
>>
>>93410629
April 1st, 2017
>>
>>93414043
Of course it is you fucking faggot, but I dont need a shitty futurama wannabe to tell me that
>>
File: IMG_1061.png (234KB, 323x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1061.png
234KB, 323x440px
>>93411568
But they do have pulu memes
>>
>>93411568
then you say "it doesn't air (in my third world shit hole)"
>>
>>93410629
>show is mean spirited to the point of being unpleasant
>really shit design for characters
>wants us to feel bad for characters that are horrible people at best, genocidal maniacs at worst
>LOLSORANDUMB humor
>references galore
>Justin Roiland has an annoying voice that makes me want to pour boiling water into my ears
>obnoxious reddit-level atheism
>>
>>93410629
I just watched 8 episodes (six from first, 2 from season 2 and 3( and found it unfunny. It gets meme spammed way too much. And I find the main characters intolerable to listen to.
>>93414178
>"repeating each other's name"
That's the other part that intensely annoys me. For some reason I dislike it when people call each other's name so often. It's distracting and hits a nerve with me.
>>
>>93410679
Roiland admitted on multiple occasions that he has shitposted in R&M threads.
>>
>>93410679
He pretty much confirmed it himself

This is why AS hired Harmon, so he can turn Roilands channery into something enjoyable for reddit.
Now they have creative differences, because Harmon wants politics (24/7 Trump bashing) and Roiland wants to keep them out.
>>
>>93414702
>show is mean spirited to the point of being unpleasant
>wants us to feel bad for characters that are horrible people at best, genocidal maniacs at worst

Hi Mr. Enter
>>
>>93410629
Because fags keep shilling the stupid show on /tv. Also they do all the same quotes every time. I can mathmatically prove bla bla bla
>>
>>93410629
Stop making these threads, justin
>>
>>93415863
>not an argument
>>
Edgy teenagers can't get enough of this show. That tells you everything you need to know.
>>
>>93411568
ha europoor fags
i can't watch it either in germany
>>
>>93410629
I hate the nihilism in it.
>>
You have to be autistic to hate an animated television show that only airs at midnight on a cable channel. Does that answer your question?
>>
>>93410629
LONG AGO, FOR A DISTANT APRIL FOOLS
>>
I like it, but I've had no urge to rewatch an episode or anything. Even when the only thing on TV is a Rick and Morty episode, I usually turn the TV off and read a book or something.
>>
>>93410629
It's normie-tier plebbit "comedy"
>>
>>93419246
This. It's not bad and personally I think it's worth a watch, but it's not amazing or groundbreaking like people try to make it out to be. It's just a goofy AS cartoon. Personally I think people just over-hype it because when it came out it was one of the only cartoons worth watching AS for. They were still really heavy into the live action garbage and KOTH/Family Guy reruns 24/7 stage at the time and it was a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>93419273
to be fair, it's a goofy AS cartoon that doesn't look like complete ass, with next to no motion (slideshows like metalocalypse and aqua teen and such), made on a budget that affords them a staff of 5 people
it's a lot more visually appealing than most similar shows, which probably helps its popularity
>>
>>93419303
Definitely. Metalocalypse is probably the best flash cartoon AS will ever see but it's still noticeably made in flash and jarring before you get used to it. Metal's a lot more niche nowadays too. ATHF was animated badly intentionally and is probably still one of their biggest shows ratings-wise but R&M came out post-movie when their quality was slipping.
>>
>>93410629
I like it because i pretty much compare it to anything else on [as]. there's nonsensical live-action, squidbillies, then there's the handful of whatever category R&M lands into.
>>
Me and my girlfriend thought it was a good watch and it appeals to my sense of humor so I don't see much fault in the show. In the 2 seasons it has had, not once have do a double take and go "What the fuck? That's stupid"
Most of the main cast has given me a good laugh with the exception of Beth because fuck beth. It's just a witty show. I don't know? It backs up its hype in my eyes.
>>
Remember in middle school when all the popular kids liked the hip music and tv shows at the time like Friends, and you liked Toonami anime?

You hated and resented the stuff the popular kids liked.

This is the same shit going on atm on 4chan with Rick and Morty
>>
It doesn't pander to my reactionary Christian beliefs.

also something something reddit something something nihilism is evil
>>
>>93413157
But the nihilist Rick is a jackass piece of shit who fucks things up pretty constantly.
>>
The second season was moderately disappointing.
>>
>>93410819
>>93413593
I think he means that the show's humor is cringewrothy
>>
File: 1461041264084.jpg (32KB, 333x300px) Image search: [Google]
1461041264084.jpg
32KB, 333x300px
>>93410629
I dunno. I like it. It makes me chuckle. I don't think it's too far up its own ass or anything and it's not really making a point. Fucking Saskatchewan sauce.

I'd imagine that /co/ hates it because we're largely made up of contrarian hipster douchebags and closet/open tumblrfags. Not that I'm exempt

I'm not going to hail it as the second coming of Christ, however, in humor. Archer had humor that referenced intellectual shit that made me chuckle my ass off because I got it, as well as clever timing and jokes (at least early on).
Wander over Yonder was good ol' classic cartoon fun with gags and jokes and just good ol' humor that made me laugh my ass off.

R&M is crass humor with surprise gags or shock gags. That's about it. Anyone who tries to ellevate Rick and Morty into some higher plane of intellectual interest is a dipshit. Not as an opinion, but as a fact.
>>
File: 1492994497964.png (493KB, 454x529px) Image search: [Google]
1492994497964.png
493KB, 454x529px
>>93410629
It's because they hit a niche with the shade of nihilism in S1 and now their heads are twisted backwards from dicksucking

Like, the difference between the Pilot and what the show has become is staggering. I know that's not really anything new. Hell, Superjail was arguably only good in the Pilot. In any case, the first time we ever see R&M, it's all about adventure and black comedy, right? It's not as much that it was episodic, but for the most part, the titular duo is just doing fukken whatever. It's all for fun, even when it leads them down a darker road. We get a couple of glimpses about Rick feeling bad about his dickish nature, but it all plays back into wanting to spend time with Morty, even if he doesn't want to admit it.

Then you swap to Season 2, and they try to make into something a bit deeper. Instead of being a dick that still wants to be with his family, Rick's this distanced ass with a troubled past that's all dark and shit. Like sure, here we see why his wife left him or maybe her leaving him is what's got him all fucked up, but they don't really seem to know what to do with it. Characterization is all fukken rushed n' shit with most of it just ending up being exposition dumped by Bird Person. Then because they have their heads twisted up their asses on how to make Rick this nuanced and depressed character, they completely neglect Morty and also the comedy of the show, so we get forced episodes like Interdimensional Cable 2, Get Shwifty, and Look Who's Purging now.

But the whole time everyone's sucking off the show like the creators because all Rick's supposed to be this above all badass or some other BS. You see it in S301 where they have that shot of Rick walking up with the gun and a smirk on his face after a forced political joke about fiat currency. It all feeds back into fuel for those autistic nihilists that think they're better than everyone after their prostates twinged from Morty saying nothing matters in S1E8.
>>
Roiland has posted here. He read a line for me on a /v/ thread.
>>
>>93420132
I'll agree that Get Shwifty and Look Who's Purging Now aren't good but they don't display the problems you assert. Get Shwifty doesn't have any 2dark4u stuff with Rick and LWPN has way more Morty than Rick.
>>
>>93420166
He's saying that in making Rick a 2dark4u character they neglected the comedy, so they shat out those episodes to bring it back.
>>
File: 1486230792343.jpg (12KB, 124x213px) Image search: [Google]
1486230792343.jpg
12KB, 124x213px
>>93420166
Reading comprehension, man. I said that those episodes are rushed attempts to be funny and focus on Morty because they neglected those elements throughout the rest of the season, resulting in forced pieces of shit that flopped unceremoniously onto the linoleum.
>>
>>93420208
I understand now, anon!
>>
File: 1483994691129.gif (1MB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
1483994691129.gif
1MB, 207x207px
>>93410629
Reruns, M-Morty. They air these same few epis(burrrp)sodes that it turns your brain into mush, Morty. It's why Samurai Jack is now shit too, because they couldn't just let it have it's original run and let the series sleep for awhile, no they had to marathon that fucker right after then do reruns after that.
>>
File: rick morty demo.jpg (69KB, 460x817px) Image search: [Google]
rick morty demo.jpg
69KB, 460x817px
>>93414043
and now add to that these people here...
People who are the total opposite of us.
>>
File: 1445334084156.gif (90KB, 212x225px) Image search: [Google]
1445334084156.gif
90KB, 212x225px
>>93420230
Oh I knew you would. You and me, we get each other. Always have, always will.
>>
File: 002_RM_poster_.jpg (643KB, 1000x1309px) Image search: [Google]
002_RM_poster_.jpg
643KB, 1000x1309px
>R&M
I thought for a second you meant "Robot and Monster"
>>
>>93410629

because it's a meme show and every episode has been taylor made for reddit
>>
>>93410648
It IS Roiland shitposting.

I forgot which interview it is, but Roiland straight up says he scours /tv/ and /co/ to shitpost every R&M thread into complete shit because he likes to destroy his own shit.
>>
>>93420586
To top it off, both Roiland and Harmon really fucking hate Reddit (they discussed their hatred for the habit of Reddit to absolutely catalog and register every little tidbit on a fictional universe to the point where they stop treating media like media and more like homework), so of course Roiland is going to accuse his own show of being Reddit shit.
>>
I just watch the show and ignore all the buzz. I find it much easier to enjoy things in a vacuum.

Fandoms are fucking retarded and I urge everyone to avoid them like plague if you don't want your enjoyment ruined.
>>
File: 308.png (138KB, 256x361px) Image search: [Google]
308.png
138KB, 256x361px
>>93420307
Curtis Armstrong deserves to work on better projects than that piece of shit.
>>
File: ALLAHUAKBARRM.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ALLAHUAKBARRM.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
ALLAHU AKBAR
>>
>>93413466
Justin wants the show to be as good as it can so he comes here to try and get the most scathing criticism he can. I actually really respect that. So many content creators are so thin skinned that they can't even handle polite suggestions. Meanwhile Justin comes here and presents his asshole for everyone to rip open. I'm not being melodramatic there, he goads people into being as harsh as they can.

Granted, the supposed brutality of 4chan (especially /co/) is greatly exaggerated by people who like to tell internet ghost stories, but at least we aren't /r/rickandmorty, who will endlessly quote anything that Rick says 3 or more times.
>>
File: 1462176104039.png (9KB, 221x276px) Image search: [Google]
1462176104039.png
9KB, 221x276px
>>93413327
Don't get me wrong, but I think you might be projecting some of your own personal issues onto the show
>>
>>93414702
>autism
I'm sorry your brain don't work no good Anon
>>
>>93410629
>>93410629

No, the problem is with the community guy, he killed the show.
>>
>>93414702
What's wrong with atheism?
>>
>>93421047
Pedro is just mad that he's too stupid to understand evolution, like the retarded spic he is.
>>
4chan dislikes anything that becomes popular
>>
>>93421090
Then why doesn't 4chan hate 4chan? 4chan has been famous and popular ever since that FoxNews report on far-left hackers on steroids that pirate movies, blow up yellow vans through the internet and hack Myspace.
>>
>>93421105
>Then why doesn't 4chan hate 4chan?
You're telling me it doesn't?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1920x1080px
>>93420759
*explodes*
>>
>>93421105
But 4chan hate 4chan.
>>
>>93421105
Buddy, you're gonna shit yourself when you here this
>>
>>93421105
Because 4chan's demographic can be summarized in three categories: those who stayed during the exodus, those who left during the exodus but quietly returned and newfags.

Newfags tend to overdo it. They think 4chan is Rorschach or The Comedian when, really, 4chan is more like the fat creep that Rorschach murders. The oldfags (if you can call them that) who stayed during the exodus are alright. They tend to be content creators and make the site worth going on. Now, the users who left during the exodus but came back are the real fucking losers. They're the faggots who think that this is still 2007 and that anonymoose is still out bringing perps to justice. They take the whole "internet hate machine" to an embarrassing extreme and only left to 8chán (sorry, spam detection) because 4chan wasn't edgy enough. Then they came back when they realized that a shoddily programmed site run by a cripple with 1/10th the userbase and no quality control wasn't as good as they thought.

Basically, the "real" 4chan (like from the golden years) is genuine and irreverent. Rick And Morty gets a lot of hate from faggots who, ironically, care too much about looking like they don't care. That isn't to say that Rick And Morty isn't above criticism. It's fine to love it, hate it, be totally indifferent, whatever. First Amendment, yo. But the constant "reddit and memey" shitposts are coming from people who heard about 4chan from videos on youtube about scary internet stories, and they've hurt this place more than Bill Hitchert.
>>
>>93421105
4chan hates itself, don't you see everyone insulting everyone all the time? when did you join yesterday?
>>
Reddit loves it
>>
>>93413327

I feel like you've missed the point, and like most of 4chan and reddit gotten it a bit backwards.

I like it, because these days pretty much every show is presented as 'lighthearted, wacky adventures but secretely it's really deep and full of lore' ala adventure time, while R&M subverts this by at being '2deep5u nihilistic with a wicked sense of humour' on the surface, while at it's core it's nothing but absolute nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjbyFM7fW9o

"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning, they're jsut stupid drawings that give you a cheap laugh"

I'd be willing to bet this is what's been causing all the delays and troubles with production, the new writers not understanding this.
>>
File: 1497282684025.jpg (110KB, 588x602px) Image search: [Google]
1497282684025.jpg
110KB, 588x602px
>>93410629
>wub dub god doesn't le exists morty xD
>>
>>93421548
What's with the Western word's obsession with religion? I'm Slav and I don't get it.
>>
>>93421247
True this familama
>>
>>93419417
>Me and my girlfriend
Faget
>>
>>93421247
Shut up and go back to Gaia online faget
>>
>>93421247
screencapping this
>>
>>93421247
Literally this.
>>
>>93410629
I think it's good, I don't think it's phenomenal or a revolution in television like everyone a majority do. It's lacking original ideas for episodes and the nihlism meme had died for me right before it became a hit (now it's all about cynicism)
I hate the people who latch onto Rick as some super relatable, whacky guy when he's made to hate.
I also am probably biased because I have a love for Venture Bros and I hate the fact that AdultSwim is going to cut funding from everything else to keep their cash cow afloat.

I also hate how it tries too hard to have a background lore to try and be deep. It feels like a shoehorned concept put in at the last minute.
>>
>>93421961
>I also hate how it tries too hard to have a background lore to try and be deep.
Like what? It literally has no lore beyond "Rick did something fucked up in the past and he's haunted by it ever since." and "There's an evil Morty out there that wants to kill all the Ricks and Morty's."

Harmon and Roiland even spoke how much they fucking hate bigass backgrounds in cartoon shows. It's the main reason why they avoid time travel in R&M.
>>
>>93410629
Already a thread
>>93405521
>>
File: 1495823701525.png (46KB, 878x699px) Image search: [Google]
1495823701525.png
46KB, 878x699px
>>93420239
march for (((science)))
>>
File: bakersfeel.png (119KB, 547x717px) Image search: [Google]
bakersfeel.png
119KB, 547x717px
>>93414543
bakersfag here please delete that fucking bust
>>
>>93421247
what was the exodus. I casual browed when i was underaged in 05 and only came back in 12
>>
File: anon.png (159KB, 355x325px) Image search: [Google]
anon.png
159KB, 355x325px
The humor is fine, some scenes and episodes are very creative, and its tendency to just throw shit at the wall to see what sticks is refreshing and keeps you guessing.

The "Philosophy" angle is pure babbys first existential crisis. That recent video from one of the creators, on the shows Philosophy made me think less of it. Everything the show claims to do, or does but in a half-hearted way, Moral Orel did far better years ago.

Aside from that, it's an alright show, with a talented voice-actor for the two leads. Blazes ahead most of the competition, stop liking what I don't like etc.
>>
>>93421632
Communism beat it out of you.
>>
File: hackers_on_steroids.gif (485KB, 240x184px) Image search: [Google]
hackers_on_steroids.gif
485KB, 240x184px
>>93422037
4chan instantly got famous because FoxNews reported on it.

Newfags flooded 4chan by the MILLIONS. Everything went to shit. Almost all the oldfags left to SomethingAwful, 7chan, 99chan, 420chan or even more obscure chans.
>>
>>93422161
>left to SomethingAwful
Nigga don't talk shit, Goons fled SA for greener and meaner pastures because it got terrible, they didn't go crawling back after exploding_vans.wmv
Especially now, fuck SA is like a slightly better Neogaf right now.
>>
File: AW.webm (1MB, 1036x238px) Image search: [Google]
AW.webm
1MB, 1036x238px
>>93422161
>>93422224
paying to post on an internet fourm is fucking retarded especially when the mods became snowfakes who would ban you for /pol/ posting
>>
File: 1491769230483.gif (2MB, 326x248px) Image search: [Google]
1491769230483.gif
2MB, 326x248px
>>93421508
Indeed, the show doesn't tale itself seriously.
It's just a fun ride to enjoy.
>A fine kick in the basket.
>>
>>93422276
>paying to post on an internet fourm is fucking retarded especially when the mods became snowfakes who would ban you for /pol/ posting

If you think oldschool 4channers give a shit about not being allowed to /pol/ post, you clearly don't remember the old golden days.
>>
>>93422442
Your new is reeking.
And what kind of oldfag would tolerate a paywall between the usual cult of mod personality bootlicking community, and calling everyone out on their bullshit?
>>
>>93422471
An oldfag that has seen what happens when you let poorfucks in for free.

Besides, have you forgotten that 4chan has paywalls too now?
>>
File: 1469145400856.jpg (29KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1469145400856.jpg
29KB, 500x380px
>>93422487
Look at this post.
Look at it.
>>
>>93422487
because capchas fucking suck
>>
File: 297.jpg (114KB, 600x1575px) Image search: [Google]
297.jpg
114KB, 600x1575px
because season 1 makes you think it will go somewhere but then every episode turns into

>"Hey im rick, look at me haha, that's a self refercence i do random stuff haha i can do anything, no one can beat me haha, oh hey but im also sad sometimes... that makes me a good character right guys haha look at me being depressed"
>>
>>93422515
Hiro should paywall all of 4chan off.

No more newfags, no more underaged kiddies.
>>
>>93422566
I wish he would paywall you off.
>>
>>93422690
Hahaha, jokes on you, I already have a pass.
>>
>>93422055
Looks like communism did at least one good thing.
>>
>>93422778
Rate of religious in Eastern Europe is rising rapidly.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/05/10/9-key-findings-about-religion-and-politics-in-central-and-eastern-europe/ft_17-05-08_easterneurope_orthodox/

Better get back to starving in your queue listening to Pavlik Morozov stories comrade.
>>
>>93422848
>be slav
>live in christian country
>no trucks of peace
>starve for potatoes

Doesn't sound so bad.
>>
>>93410629
i thought it's a meme here to called it Reddit and memey
>>
>>93420132
>Superjail was arguably only good in the Pilot
That is a shit opinion, season 1 was basically like the pilot

The rest of the series, yeah it was terrible
>>
File: still just.jpg (59KB, 460x690px) Image search: [Google]
still just.jpg
59KB, 460x690px
>>93422705
>Paying for a Chinese cartoon website
>>
>>93410629
Because they are contrarians. When they found something new they may like it. If the rest of the web likes it too then they will say they hated it all along. It's that simple.
>>
>>93422848
They are slav(e)s. The take the ideology of their leaders without questioning it.
>>
What are your thoughts on Morticias, /co/?
https://morticia-deck-mobile.tumblr.com
>>
>>93410629
It's genuinely just not funny to me. For the most part I just hide the threads because they're full of self-satisfied anons repeating the same jokes over and over.
It's not even terrible as a show, though Roiland seems to be incapable of writing anything more than one dimensional characters, it's just dull.

Overall I don't mind it being on /co/ but it's about as cancerous as the /gfg/ threads were honestly.
>>
>>93410629
/co/ doesn't mind Rick and Morty that much.

/tv/ can't stop sperging out about it because anything that isn't Baneposting offends their sensibilities.
>>
>>93425131
There's one autistic /tv/ poster who keeps spamming that gif of Rick and Summer beating up the neo-nazi and being triggered.
>>
>>93420586
I mean

Isn't it slightly more plausible that he just said that so that anyone who finds people shitting on Rick and Morty on anonymous boards like these believes that it's only Roiland meming it up? Seems kinda unreasonable that he could spend a considerable amount of time shitting on his own show for giggles.
>>
>>93412848
>normies
>>>/r9k/
>>
File: 1473620334178.png (432KB, 1184x946px) Image search: [Google]
1473620334178.png
432KB, 1184x946px
It's a fucking meme show based off a vaguely pedophilic throw away youtube animation. You faggots take it too seriously. God damn I hear nothing but constant bitching about it.
>>
>>93410629
Everyone liked it from the time that the pilot was out until it started airing, then at some point during the first season being aired it got super popular on reddit and people here started hating it (or finding reasons/voicing their dislike) to the point of it being difficult to discuss here, and then people started mistaking the dislike of the inability to discuss the show for actually disliking the show.

It's complicated.
>>
>>93426102
I also wish to add that people here liked the original video it was based on, but the rest of channel 101 content is kinda trash.
>>
What do people mean when they say it's a meme show? I don't remember any memes in it. It's not like when Family Guy was whoring out peanut butter jelly time or trololol.
>>
>>93410950
That's the point though.
>>
>>93426276
When people say something is a "meme something", it means they think it is a pointlessly pervasive thing only popular for its widespread plugging and conversation instead of its actual quality of merit.

It's basically the go-to criticism for people too dumb to actually construct an actual criticism for something they blindly hate.
>>
>>93410629
Because it reminds us of futurama and how there will never be any more futurama and how this is 10 times worse than futurama pls make more futurama
>>
File: IMG_2053.png (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2053.png
9KB, 225x225px
>>93426555
To undercut your every serious or emotional moment by showing that you're willing to resolve or throw out plot threads at the drop of a hat, making any future character developments and serious moments seem like a giant waste of time that you have to sit through in between the jokes?

That's a terrible idea.
>>
>>93422016
Please tell us more about the red and blue pill tht you lifted from the popular 2000s sci-fi movie The Matrix about people in leather coat trapped in a computer
>>
>>93426662
So basically it's hipsters going "BAH HUMBUG THIS IS PROLEFOOD IS FOR THE COMMONERS "?
>>
>>93426102
>It's a fucking meme show
>He says while posting a Loud House image
pot, meet kettle!
>>
>>93427080
The first four seasons of Futurama, the fox/adult swim seasons were perfection. Not a single bad episode in that era. Bender's Big Score brought the series back and that movie was as good as the best of the original seasons, and then after that the show had a series of subtle changes after its move to Comedy Central. The show didn't become bad, and it's sure as shit better than NuSimps, Family Goy, and Reddit&Memey but it was just missing a certain quality the original seasons had. Its probably due to a lot of subtle changes but nothing huge. For example, because Comedy Central is le current events channel thanks to South Park, Futurama felt the need to make like 4 current event episodes in their first Comedy Central season, like the godawful EyePhone episode or the homo-wait I mean ROBOsexual marriage episode. It eventually straightened out after that first batch of episodes and MOSTLY stopped doing that shit, however they still had some bad episodes(like Yo Leela Leela) and it just missed some of the charm the original series had. All in all, I think Futurama ended at the right time, but I wouldn't mind maybe another season to wrap up every plot line still hanging and another movie or two
>>
>>93410629
Go back to t*mblr
>>
>>93424287
I WANNA FUCK ALL THE MORTICIAS!
AND NO RICKS CAN STOP ME!
>>
>>93410629
When everyone likes something you have to shit on it to show your dominance.
>>
>>93410629
4chan doesnt hate Rick and Morty.
They only hate it when its not on.
>>
>>93420307
Show would of been a lot better PG 14
>>
>>93421047

Nothing, but new atheists are annoying.
>>
File: panic room.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
panic room.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>>93410629
Well frankly, it insists upon itself.
>>
File: glubb.png (46KB, 273x693px) Image search: [Google]
glubb.png
46KB, 273x693px
>>93421047
>What's wrong with atheism?

It's a social cancer.
>>
>>93431342
t. desert demon worshipping death cultist jew
>>
>>93420132
That's a pretty decent summation of how I feel. I thought Interdimensional Cable 2 and Get Schwifty were boring as all fuck.
>>
This show can't seem to decide how much continuity it wants to use. That's fashionable right now and in places it seems to be important but other times they mock the idea like the time-wasting at the very end of the season season finale and the crazy bullshit of the third season opener which hastily wrapped up even the basic underlying stuff from the season season finale so that it comes off as a mockery of ongoing stories.
>>
File: Ackchyually.png (21KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Ackchyually.png
21KB, 700x700px
>>93422487
>have you forgotten that 4chan has paywalls too now
>4chan has paywalls too
Do you know what a paywall is? It means the blocking of access to a thing without payment. Anyone can access 4chan without paying anything.
There is no paywall on 4chan, anon.
>>
>>93410819
>"Offended" used for hyperbole
>"Sure is tumblr in here"

You might actually want to see a doctor
>>
File: 1443731549643.png (1006KB, 690x993px) Image search: [Google]
1443731549643.png
1006KB, 690x993px
>>93410629
I don't know anyone on /co/ that hates it, other than the shitposters who hate everything. /co/ was pretty happy about season 1, and then happier about season 2, and very happy about the early leaked episode.

We're tired of waiting but it's otherwise all good.
>>
>>93432590
4chan isn't about lurking. 4chan is about posting. There IS a paywall, retard. Check out /vip/.
>>
Anyone have the picture of Roiland's Twitter shitposts responding to the RickxMorty controversy and the neckbeards responding "I will now watch the show, good sir!" or something like that?
>>
/tv/ loved the first season because it wasn't popular yet.
/tv/ disliked the second season because it started getting popular
/tv/ despises the whole show now because it is liked everywhere else.
>>
File: Consider the following.jpg (20KB, 343x284px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.jpg
20KB, 343x284px
>>93432983
>4chan isn't about lurking. 4chan is about posting.
Yes that is correct.
>There IS a paywall, retard.
No, because just as I have said in my earlier post, (one which I didn't have to pay for) there is nothing stopping anyone from posting on 4chan if they don't pay anything.
>>
*burp* GOD DOESN'T REAL
>>
>>93410629
Sjw creators = generally hated on 4chan, even in a place like /co/mblr. The fact that SU is even tolerated here is a sign it's actually doing something right.
>>
/tv/ thinks its edgy and tryhard but they are so jaded they can't see the comedy.

They love Morel Orel but hate Rick and Morty? That makes no sense.
>>
>>93432983
Just checked out /vip/.
It's really fucking boring.
Don't see what the big deal is.
>>
Rick & Morty is still a pretty good show and reminds me of a golden era [adult swim] back when they would take some risk and air weird shit.

The problem with R&M is that it became popular. Once something becomes popular, 4chan hates it.
>>
>>93433841
Moral Orel is actually genius while Rick and Morty is actually reddit.
It's like comparing Guardians of the Galaxy 2 to The Thing.
>>
>>93420676
>mfw at Dan's podcast six days ago while visiting LA
>He shits on Reddit to the audience's applause
>tfw /tv/ lied to me
I also talked to him for a few minutes after the show while he was getting high so that's cool.
>>
>>93422037
I was referring to the exodus to 8chän, when salty faggots formed Gaymer Gayte and went on to bring peace and prosperity to the gaming republic.
>>
What characters would you guys like to see in Season 3?
>>
>>93427848
Pretty much, but I don't think it's a bad thing. In S1E5, Morty makes a speech to Summer about how nothing really matters and everyone's going to die, but that it's okay to just do what you enjoy in the meantime. It's not about how everything gets resolved; it's the fact that it happened.
>>
>>93435376
Funny jokes.
>>
>>93410904
upsets your tender sensibilities does it? poor baby.
>>
>>93414702
Jesus Christ you fags are worse than /v/
>>
File: 59983-27893.jpg (9KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
59983-27893.jpg
9KB, 320x240px
>>93420016
>Saskatchewan sauce
>>
File: 78189496.png (286KB, 960x262px) Image search: [Google]
78189496.png
286KB, 960x262px
>>93410629
>>
>>93441047
Of course it's from 2017.
>>
>>93425504
I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO IMPLY HERE, ROILAND
>>
>>93441047
I feel a bit of pride that a line of this was pretty much taken directly from one of my own posts.
>>
>>93441047
That post is fucking retarded. There is lots of great in R&M, albeit it can fall apart if the seasons keep on chugging. Just like how simpsons/family guy was great initially and then once it became a money machine lost all of its soul.

Like this joke, funnier than anything past 5 years family guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBlwchTCHV0
>>
File: 1489765831692.jpg (15KB, 324x291px) Image search: [Google]
1489765831692.jpg
15KB, 324x291px
>>93438784
>>
>>93410629
It tolerates cuckoldry, That disgust me.
>>
>>93410629
I loved season one and was hyped to see where it would go. I was disappointed with season two and felt they drop the ball in favor of more comedy; the "WOW outraaaageous" scenarios. Was satisfied with the season two finale though, but the season three opening just made me groan. How they kept circlejerking "Hurrr, rick is the smartest person in the galaxy. Grrr, and so powerful and unbeatable." Even though he has nearly, if not outright lost before.

Tl;dr: Rick started off as an entertaining Cape-like Scientist and has become science Goku. MODERN Goku.
>>
>>93421247

Exodus? The only one I really cared about was the one to 7chan in 2006.
>>
>>93410629
I like it, they could take it easier on the DUDE NOTHING MATTERS LMAO but that's just Roiland being himself.
It's your own goddamn fault, Nihilism is the very essence of adult swim and you know it.
This show is /co/'s One Punch Man, people were circlejerking Murata and ONE until the anime came along, but that's what i like about this place, it challenges you to defend your tastes instead of simply dismissing it as sheer acceptance or dismissal, something the edgelords who wrote this show could have used more and maybe they would notice how shitty a philosophy nihilism is.
>>
anyone got that webm that people kept spamming of Rick & Morty animation vs the anime?
>>
>>93413157
>bring le schezwan sauce back xd

Are you implying that 4chan doesn't go apeshit when someone famous references some meme we like/recognise? Like when Martin Shkreli does some stupid shit like that time he wore a Pepe badge on TV or when someone references Baneposting?
>>
>>93421247
Or you could just browse it because you're a weirdo with niche interests who likes to be able to use the word nigger and spew misogyny freely. There's that too.

Not everyone has the perspective of a 12 year old and views it as some gayass collective entity of mysterious outsiders using the powers of edgyness and hacking to create some sort of secret club. This is the most, dare I say, fucking reddit shit I've ever read.
>>
>>93410629
Everything that 4chan likes or should like that has popularity gets labelled as reddit or edgy or for highschoolers or bad or something else sooner or later because people here are too insecure to not be contrarian and counter-culture.

Notice how only just now people have started hating Rick and Morty despite its first few seasons being generally well received? Same thing happened with the Deadpool movie and all superhero movies in general, Metalocalypse back in the day, Archer, South Park, Family Guy (there's also a massive drop in quality for both of those but my point still stands) One Punch Man, Tarantino movies, pretty much any violent/edgy movies with dark/non linear humour, any edgy characters like Wolverine, Venom, Carnage, Joker, edgy books, etc., and it'll eventually happen to, I assume, Bojack Horseman and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Possibly Berserk. Also /tv/ will start turning on Negan from TWD soon enough if they haven't already. I bet the Logan hate threads already started a month or two back.

I'm surprised Punisher has lasted so long as a beloved character on here, but /co/ is usually an outlier when it comes to our board culture. Stuff like that makes me grateful for /co/mblr.
>>
>>93428369
I've literally never watched Loud House.
>>93426662
>>93426276
You guys even took me calling it a meme show too seriously. The point is that it's a fucking cartoon and you guys are fucking dissecting it for any sort of message in order to have something to be outraged about. I see the same fucking thing repeated on and on and on forever to the point where the hate is mechanical and inhuman. It's like they read what other anons said about it, watched half of one episode to confirm their beliefs and now they live and breath its destruction. It's a dumb fucking cartoon lmao who cares.
>>
>>93410629
>Why does 4chan hate R&M that much?
The fans overhyped it to the point of being obnoxious in season. I mean honestly, were the "This is the best cartoon in over a decade" threads really needed? Then season two happened and when the cracks started to appear people who were disliking it before really started to let their voices be heard about how mediocre the show was.
>>
>>93445141
Thanks. Just came to this thread to say this and there is your post being written. And you are right about Logan, I've seen about a month ago thread "Overhyped shit and just shitty" type.
>>
File: nigga.png (460KB, 565x488px) Image search: [Google]
nigga.png
460KB, 565x488px
>>93445520
>wait 17 goddamn years for a good honest Wolverine movie that isn't watered down, made to fit the cape movie/X Men movie mould and is unafraid to show the type of violence and themes that a Wolverine movie should have
>we finally get one and it's fucking great
>people talk continuously about how amazing it is for a few weeks at best, as is expected with any great movie and especially one that's been wanted for so long and actually delivered
>"Overhyped shit and just shitty"

Never change, /tv/
>>
>>93410629
Dan Harmon's bullshit twitter story about how everything is going well makes me think things are definitely fucked.

Goddamn you suck, Dan.
>>
The worst part about this show is Rick
He was alright in the pilot as a drunkard but all the depressed superiority complex shit is a drain
>>
>>93410629
It's not bad. Considering how most cartoons are nowadays, it is actually pretty solid. It's not "brilliant" as many people say it is, but has artistic value in the small things. It's a neat show, nowhere near as frat-boyish as I thought it'd be (but it certainly can be at times).

It's creative, not creative genius, and some jokes land pretty well.
>>
>>93445141
>Stuff like that makes me grateful for /co/mblr.

What the fuck is this? Are you giving the tumblr migrants credit for /co/ being slightly more good-natured than other boards? Kill yourself immediately. /co/ liked things A LOT better before tumblr existed, and we didn't have all these asinine inter-fandom slapfights all the time either.
>>
>>93410629
>is it because it is popular on Reddit?
ding ding ding, also the fact that while it isn't bad persay it's just blown way out of proportion. Bojack horseman should be getting more praise then it
>>
>>93414548
Kill yourself fat anglonigger subhuman.
>>
>>93413157
>tfw you dont live in the us so you get to enjoy rick and morty without all the normies going batcrazy over it
>>
>>93432061
sounds like islam
>>
>>93410629
It doesn't have lolis
>>
File: Davethebarbarian.png (268KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Davethebarbarian.png
268KB, 480x360px
>>93410679
amuses me when people talk about cartoon series creators as "famous people"
>>
It's the third decently budgeted animated series on Adult Swim.

It's such a rare event that they have one of these that people should enjoy it while it lasts becuase ten more shitty live action greenscreen shows are coming after it.
>>
Dear OP
>>
>>93448962
[ALLAHU AKBAR]
>>
>>93445039
t. nu-4chan
>>
>>93410629
Most """"people"""" here are contrarian snowflakes.
>>
>>93448837
what are the other two? Venture Bros. and Samurai Jack season 5?
>>
>>93410904

>burping every other word
>morty every morty other morty word

Dropped that shit pretty quick desu
>>
>>93420586
>>93420676
[citation needed]
>>
>>93449331
>a
Venture Brothers and Boondocks
>>
>>93446257
fuck Dan Harmon.

Did you see that new Back to the Future documentary on Netflix?

Dan Harmon talks about Justin Roiland as if he raised him. Justin is not in that documentary, as far as I've watched it.

Dan calls it "Justin's punk-rock frustration about how network television" is or some shit. Clearly Dan trying to suck his own dick backwards.

Dan is another network boy who creates something with a Parks and Rec type fanbase of watered down bullshit. Justin's about to overstay his welcome, but he is a lot more ballsy than Dan will ever be, since Dan is on his way to becoming a SJW anyhow.
Thread posts: 220
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.