[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I HURT MYSELF TODAY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 29

File: marlellegacy.jpg (198KB, 636x1080px) Image search: [Google]
marlellegacy.jpg
198KB, 636x1080px
I HURT MYSELF TODAY
>>
>Marvel unironically advertised fucking gimmick covers as an INDUSTRY-CHANGING EVENT
>>
File: 1452904232735.gif (438KB, 239x282px) Image search: [Google]
1452904232735.gif
438KB, 239x282px
WHERE'S ULTIMATES YOU HACK FRAUDS
>>
i thought it was funny and now i realize there's no ultimates and i'm sad

USAvengers going to space is mighty close tho
>>
wait, what's happening?
>>
>>93409995
Surely that wasn't it, right? I mean there's still a few hours left for a surprise announce--
>It's 6:11 EST
Welp.
>>
>>93410027
Bobby, you're gay.
>>
File: noonecares.jpg (10KB, 318x178px) Image search: [Google]
noonecares.jpg
10KB, 318x178px
>>93409964
there should exist a rule about posting tumbr-twitter shit on /co/. it's nothing but marveldrones and DC shills yelling at each other.
>>
so what is the industry changing thing ?
>>
>>93410027
The big huge event that is changing the face of the industry was some variant covers that are inspired by some old covers of random issues.
>>
>>93410027
Yesterday:

https://www.newsarama.com/35059-major-marvel-legacy-announcement-coming-friday.html

>Marvel has released a new image teasing a Marvel Legacy announcement that the publisher says fans "have been longing for," to be made on Friday, June 23 - one that it also claims will "change the comic book industry."

Today:

>A bunch of variants
>>
>>93410105
Homage covers... fucking homage covers.
>>
>>93410028
They said there would be 6 major announcements. Of those, 3 of them are:
>Death of Jane Foster
>Sam's back as Falcon
>new Marvel Two-in-One
But I can't for the life of my figure out what the other 3 "huge" announcements are supposed to be? Either there's still stuff left to announce or that just goes to show how much of a nothing announcement this is.
>>
>>93410105
That there won't be an industry after Marvel drives it into the ground.
>>
>>93410141
>>93410140
But...
No. It's so dumb i wouldn't expect it to be true. It's so basic. It's basic logic. What the hell?
>>
File: 1496188711619.gif (415KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1496188711619.gif
415KB, 500x332px
>>93409964
>>
>>93410141
So if I'm getting you right its that Marvel Legacy isn't an event but a round of variant covers like that Hip-hip thing?
>>
>>93410183
>>Sam's back as Falcon
Really?
>>new Marvel Two-in-One
What is that?
>>
>>93410183
Ms Marvel, Spider-Man in jail, and Old Man Logan killing a bunch of guys.
>>
So when will Disney step in and fire everyone in editorial (and like half the writers)?

Because they're starting to run out of old comics to make into cashcow movies.
>>
>>93410027
Literally nothing. That's the problem. They were hyping up the fact that they were going to be announcing some HUGE announcements that was going to change the industry with how ground breaking they were and it ended up just being:
>gimmick cover month where every book gets an homage cover (except Runaways for some reason)
>Moon Knight, Falcon, and Spirit of Vengeance ongoings
>new Marvel Two-in-One
So literally the only thing worth getting mildly excited about is the new 2-in-1 and since we don't know the creative teams and the cover for it is by fucking MALIN, that doesn't bode well.
>>
>>93410207

The classic one was a team up book starring the Thing, the new one looks like it might be a Ben and Johnny team up book but we don't actually know
>>
>>93410207
>What is that?
Thing with Human Torch team up
>>
>>93409964
>What's DC doing that we aren't?
>Sonething with the number 52 again?
>Let's try THAT!
>>
>>93410207
>Really?
Yep, and his new costume looks awful.

>What is that?
Thing and Human Torch team-up book. The original Marvel Two-in-One ongoing from the 70s/80s is one of the all-time greatest Marvel ongoings. It's unlikely that this one will end up being anywhere near as good as the original, but at the very least, it's nice that the F4 characters aren't getting completely fucked over.
>>
>>93410227
>So when will Disney step in and fire everyone in editorial (and like half the writers)?
Never? Why would they?
>>
>>93410229
Okay so.
>Sam is gonna be falcon again
>Jane is gonna die

So we going back to white boys? Thor is gonna get his hammer back?
>>
File: stop.png (215KB, 227x466px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
215KB, 227x466px
>>93410227
>Because they're starting to run out of old comics to make into cashcow movies.

You seem confused

There's like tens of thousands of issues they could pull from. Are we even close to 1000 Marvel movies? I could think of a hundred characters they haven't even used yet
>>
>literally just a bunch of gimmick variant covers
>they also release side by side comparisons to the old covers
>100% of the old covers are superior to the homages
>>
>>93410248
>the new one looks like it might be a Ben and Johnny team up book

That seems to correspond with that rumor that Fox wants to do a new Fantastic Four film with just Johnny and Ben and Franklin and Val
>>
>>93410278
because DC comics are making money and Marvel is pouring used motor oil all over its veggie garden?
>>
>Let's continue to rip off DC
Marvel is losing my respect. Only good thing is Thor and they gave him a vagina.
>>
>>93410206
You got it in one, mate.
>>
http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?97293-Can-we-PLEASE-have-a-Kevin-Feige-intervention-in-Marvel-Comics
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
How? How can one company be so incompetent?
>>
So its the Marvel New 52 except they aren't changing any of the stories or creative teams and are just gonna stamp a shiny LEGACY™ picture on their titles and roll them out with higher prices like that Venom issue with Eddie Brock.

So basically nothing has changed.
>>
>>93410290

ur dumb, dont post anymore plz
>>
>>93410320
Where's the CBR cuck who literally went
>It's ok when Marvel does it!
When Marvel announced they were charging MORE for LESS fucking pages in their one shot? I want to see him defend this.
>>
>>93410365
No anon, this changes the industry forever.
>>
File: 1497660768346.png (586KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
1497660768346.png
586KB, 640x634px
>>93410365
Actually it's just the Marvel 52, there's nothing new about it.
>>
>>93410320
all points he might have made get undermined by a fucking tracer quote signature
>>
>>93410350

They don't have to make good quality product (comic books). Any loss on their end is covered by Disney, who is just breaking box office records every year with Marvel movies, and that's just one of Disney's many successful properties

They could write comic books about Spider-Man wiping his ass and only sell 10 copies and seriously nobody in their company would give a fuck
>>
>>93410286
I only saw animated gifs of the covers, I just want to see the covers, not them changed from one to the other.
>>
>>93410410
>Any loss on their end is covered by Disney

Disney is kinda ruthless as a corporation when cutting losing segments (look at their 2D animation studios)
>>
>>93410098
>it's nothing but marveldrones and DC shills yelling at each other.
just like every other thread ever?
>>
>>93410444

Just stop you DCschill.
>>
>>93409964
52?
>>
>>93410444

Movies and merch, cartoons and all their other Marvel shit will more than pay for any loss from the comics end

I mean we're talking THE biggest film franchise of all time. That's big dick money
>>
>>93410320
>Marvel Comics needs to get around A list talent working with them again, but most definitely they need to find their Geoff Johns. Jonathan Hickman had literally EVERYTHING to be that guy. Hell, Hickman could do better than Johns if he was paid his worth.

No. I mean I have problems with Johns' work from time to time, but I don't think Hickman would work in the equivalent role.
>>
>>93410510

I don't know how anyone could delude themselves into thinking Hickman could fill that role after his Avengers shitshow.
>>
So when will Disney take out Marvel comics Old Yeller style?
>>
>>93410586
Never. MARVEL IS BASED.
>>
I don't...
How?
Do they have mental issues? A retard would tell you it's a dumb idea and not groundbreaking at all.
How do you think "homage pics are groundbreaking and will get people invested"?
>>
How did CBR react? I saw that Ribbit was outraged and Twitter was really disappointed.
>>
>>93410545

Hickman was too much their Ellis or Morrison (a roll Ewing clearly wants)

Bendis is the closest to Marvel's Johns, but hes just not liked enough to draw interest simply for him being on the title.
>>
>>93410735
Almost everyone on the forums has been saying it's a letdown.
>>
>>93410320
>when it's so bad that even shill central is negative
>>
>>93410410
Dude, Warner Bros intervened, when DC was losing, why Disney can't?
>>
So they made Sam the Falcon again, but they kept his ongoing? Where's the real captain America and his ongoing? When the fuck did the ducking F A L C O N get his own comic?
>>
>>93410262
>Marvel Two in One

Really? Well I appreciate it Marvel even if we all know it'll last 12 issues tops.
>>
>>93410496
Then why publishing comic books at all?
Why not just close a comic book division?
And only publish comic book adaptations of the movies?
>>
File: 1494361638532.jpg (99KB, 656x985px) Image search: [Google]
1494361638532.jpg
99KB, 656x985px
>>93410778
It's not the first time, remember this from last year?
>>
>>93410510
Hickman has zero interest in doing company comics at the moment. I don't remember any beef with Marvel over leaving, just that he wanted to focus on his own shit.
>>
>>93410735
Even the shills that defended the diversity characters are disappointed.
>>
>>93409964
So now that Marvel is officially dead what should I add to my pull list to compliment all the DC in it?
>>
>>93410817
Marvel outsells everyone.
>>
>>93410822
That picture is outdated. The final results were even more smashing for marvel

>>93410839
More like
>overships everyone
>overcharges everyone
>overproduces comics
They are Over-
>>
>>93410823

he was at the last Marvel retreat and mentioned having something in the works, but yea he has like 4 or 5 other books in some stage of production at Image, so I don't see him doing anything at Marvel for another year at least.
>>
>>93410833
You can add whatever you want, you are finally free
>>
>>93410817
They have to keep publishing the comics so that the IP's don't end up having expired or defunct copyrights or trademarks. The comics are an IP machine for Disney at this point. That's why they let them do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
This is extremely funny situation, they've already set themselves up for failure and you know already that Brevoort and Alonso are already thinking how the hell they're going to "revamp the line" once this fails.
>>
>>93410868
They don't have to publish it monthly, they can publish it quarterly. Why not cutting down the losses, I mean, they still have to pay all these colorists, writers, artists, letterers, janitors, toilet cleaners, and it's not a small amount of money
>>
>>93410885
Or they can just register the trademarks and publish nothing. It would be the cheapest thing to do.
>>
https://www.newsarama.com/35079-marvel-legacy-titles-and-counting.html
Here is a complete list of the 52 titles:
>All-New Guardians of the Galaxy
>All-New Wolverine
>Amazing Spider-Man
>Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows
>America
>Astonishing X-Men
>Avengers
>Black Bolt
>Black Panther
>Cable
>Champions
>Daredevil
>Deadpool
>Defenders
>Doctor Strange
>Falcon
>Generation X
>Hawkeye
>Iceman
>Incredible Hulk
>Invincible Iron Man
>Jean Grey
>Jessica Jones
>Luke Cage
>Marvel Two-In-One
>Mighty Captain Marvel
>Mighty Thor
>Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
>Moon Knight
>Monsters Unleashed
>Ms. Marvel
>Old Man Logan
>Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man
>Punisher
>Royals
>Secret Warriors
>She-Hulk
>Spider-Gwen
>Spider-Man
>Spirits of Vengeance
>U.S. Avengers
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
>Venom
>Weapon X
>X-Men: Blue
>X-Men: Gold
>>
>>93410817
It's an incredibly cheap IP farm.

How much does it really take to run Marvel or DC? Just the comics part, not the other shit, and not counting executive's giant paychecks. A couple million a year? Five? MAYBE ten? As long as they're cranking out 50+ books a month, a few of them are going to be exploitable in other mediums. For every 100 of the go-nowhere and do-nothing characters that get invented and disappear, you'll get a Kamala that actually works and becomes somewhat popular (it's still comics, any new character pretty much has a cap on how popular it can become).
>>
>>93410901
tl:dr
>>
>>93410900
Not really, assuming that the films fuck up at the box office, they'd still need to produce stuff. Having a comic published every month would help them not have to worry about things.
>>
>>93410906
>It's an incredibly cheap
it's not cheap because they have to employ gazillion of people and spend all the money of promotion and yadda yadda. And there are always cheaper ways to farm an IP. You don't need comics at all.
>>
>>93409964
So there big announcement was that they didn't feel like making new covers for their comics so they just traced a bunch from their old comics and called it a day. A legacy day for lazy assholes.
>>
>>93410930
But you didn't answer, why does it have to be monthly? Why does it have to be at all? If no one is caring about the comics, what's the point? Worry about what? That marvel won't do another misstep? Or bring even more ill will towards their products? Without comics, there wouldn't be such a riot against inhumans.
>>
>>93410915
Out of 52 announced titles, only three or four are actually new.

No creative teams were announced for any of the titles.
>>
>52
Really Marvel?
>>
>>93410958

some have teams, Thor had Aaron and Dautermann and Pak was on Weapon X with TBA
>>
>>93410931
It's cheap when it turns a profit at the end of the day but less risky than original movies or TV shows because of low investment costs for testing the waters.
>>
>>93410778
>>93410320
It's a shill central, no joke:

>" What Marvel would need almost is someone with the knowledge of Tom Brevoort but the writing chops of Brian Bendis. I don't know that there's any such person. "
>>
>>93409995

We've hit rock bottom, lads.
>>
>>93410985
I actually like most of what they've said so far but this is still hilarious.
>>
>>93411004
>profit
we don't know how much profit it gives
>less risky
except all the negative word of mouth
>low investment
it's like you deliberately miss the part of paying people for their work. Do you think that the artists are cheap? I know that their work looks cheap, but they aren't.

I remember reading few years ago in one of the columns by Brian Cronin about all these abandoned comics, and projects. And keep in mind, while they were never published, everyone involved in these projects got paid a huge amount of money, so it's not a "low" investment.
>>
>>93411023
They have this rule that they can't criticize a writer.
>>
>>93410901
You forgot Ben Reilly, Uncanny Avengers and Spider-Man vs (formerly "/") Deadpool. Fuller list on BC

Captain America may be back in November.
>>
>>93411044

Why do you want them to stop publishing comics so bad? Do you even like comics? Fuck off back to /tv/.
>>
>>93410952
Because if something goes away, then that mess even less public visibility. Before you suddenly respond with "No one read comics anyway XD" or some shit, look at how badly WB handled their Looney Tunes and H-B properties for a long time which ended up in low visibility.

A comic being published allows three different avenues of visibility at this point, comic shop (and newsstand market), bookstore, digital.

Also what >>93411004 said
>>
>>93411081
>ask a legitimate question
>gets a "gtfo" retort
great arguments
>>
I feel like Marvel's tried to latch onto the numerology of 52 in the past, only for it to backfire when they fail to resist making a jab at DC while doing so. Does anybody else recall this happening?

>>93411063
My bad, dog.
>>
>>93411044
It's a low investment compared to television, movies, and most other entertainment options. One that you can spin off into things like tv and movies if they prove successful. Especially with Marvel Comics which is still profitable as a whole.
>>
>>93411044
>we don't know how much profit it gives
I'm sure we could look up figures but as long as they make enough to stay afloat and still be in competitive in the market which they appear to be doing so far actual numbers don't matter.

>except all the negative word of mouth
Less risky compared to tv and movies dingus.

>Do you think that the artists are cheap?
Again. Compared to hire crews a cast of actors plus all of the other costs of making tv shows and movies comics are ver VERY cheap.
>>
>>93411102
Maybe one of the backgrounds in a Bendis title with the police department? He always has people taking shots at DC in the background of his police stations
>>
>>93411093
Okay, visibility. That's one thing. But they could produce custom comics, or some giveaways.
And maybe readers fulfill a role of beta testers.

But then again, if the argument is that only merchandise matters, and comics are too small to give a shit, it's really strange that marvel has too put so much resources in their comic book division, because even if it gives shitty results, it still requires a lot of work.

What actually is weird, is that IDW is publishing Disney comics, instead of marvel. It's like Disney itself didn't want marvel touch their properties. I wouldn't be surprised if Star Wars comics became a separate company
>>
>>93411136
Nah, it was a bit less subtle than even a Bendis police station scene. I'll look it up.
>>
>>93411081
You can like comics and not just read any bullshit that's being made. So yeah. You can like them and not want a company to produce stuff if it's gonna be shit. There are other comics from other companies and they deserve more presence.
>>
>>93409964
>52
Hypercrisus strikes again
>>
>>93411130
Now, the thing is, how badly marvel would have to fuck up, in order for disney to intervene?
>>
>>93409964
Cry all you want, but we both know those gimmick variants will make them take up 45% unit share for september
>>
>>93411023
Even better
>That's Dan Slott. The single reason I even buy a Marvel comic these days.
>>
>>93410183
>Death of Jane Foster
About FUCKING time. Riri next, please.
>>
File: 1342244565303.png (33KB, 615x768px) Image search: [Google]
1342244565303.png
33KB, 615x768px
>>93410901
You're allowed to cut this list down or even put a few new titles into it. What do you do, /co/?
>>
>>93411189
With their top comic book selling 80k
>>
>>93410229
Wait so it was all a fraud?
>>
>>93411182
It would take a month filled with gimmicks like this, yet sales are just as low as (if not lower than) the previous month.
>>
>>93411182
Mid 90s bad. I wouldn't say they're too far away from that but they don't seem to be panicking since there's been no course correction what so ever. .
>>
>>93411248
>>93411251
I really hope that some LCS will go bankrupt. They really deserve it. They should have chosen a better career in their lives.
>>
>>93411233
So the industry sinks even lower by then. Good.
>>
I haven't done a lot of tribute or homage covers, but whenever I did, made sure to credit the original artists/designer. pic.twitter.com/CjD3WvFuaz

— Dan Jurgens (@thedanjurgens) June 23, 2017
>>
>>93411283
And it will keep on sinking and we will still have the same discussions and arguments, and people will still pretend that everything is swell, just swell
>>
>>93411297
Aw shit these punk cover artists ain't showing the proper respect

Someone call Steranko.
>>
>>93411268
local LCS I go to has been opened for 25 years. Owner has stated that for the last 20 90% of the money he makes has come from Magic: The Gathering and other games, and hardly any money comes from selling actual comics
>>
>>93410285
I think you're the confused one here.

Not all comic stories work for film. You can't make a movie about that time Hank slapped Janet because MCU is a Disney franchise. Rape stories are all out the window. Likewise, You can't adapt stories like the Wolverine/Domino teamup that ends with Domino giving Logan road head because Fox owns X-Men. So when you really think about it, the pool of stories is really small.

Unless you're suggesting MCU becomes the Kidz Bop of cinema, in which they sterilize and bastardize all aspects of the source material. But I guess that's nothing new for Disney.
>>
>>93411356
maybe he should consider just abandoning comics whatsoever?
>>
>>93411356
Worked at a comic shop in the past decade and this is pretty much true. Mind was 75% comics but it was not the norm, and pretty much everyone else said it was Magic and miniatures keeping them afloat.
>>
>>93411367
>Unless you're suggesting MCU becomes the Kidz Bop of cinema, in which they sterilize and bastardize all aspects of the source material.

That's what they have done 100% of the way so far. I wouldn't expect anything more

They don't have to do a exact transition to film, they'll just write a generic action movie where the hero stops the bad guy and gets the girl, and then there's a post-credit sequence. Don't ever expect anything more than that
>>
File: forty big keks.png (347KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
forty big keks.png
347KB, 600x528px
>>93411023
AND THEN...

>"That's Dan Slott. The single reason I even buy a Marvel comic these days. "
>>
>>93411283
>>93411319

>wanting the industry to fail

FUCK OFF BACK TO /TV/.
>>
>>93411547
Stop being a battered wife. Your husband is beating you, cheating on you, and you still defend him.
>>
>>93410771

He does draw people to titles, but the real difference is he has no respect for the character's histories or personalities and doesn't give a shit about continuity. He's also a white guilt cuck.
>>
>>93411486
Other quotes from that link:

>Yeah, I'm asking for Alonso's head. It can't get any worse than this.
>To be honest, for all the hate Slott gets, I think he is definitely one of the better writers at Marvel these days. Definitely a lot better than current Bendis and Waid.
>I need someone high up at Disney to get rid of Ike ASAP.
>Well no one can be worse than Ike, so I'd be fine with that.
>>
it's so hilarious. there is literally nothing to discuss.
usually, there are outrage threads.
>>
>>93411244
Marvel has always been sensationalist and keen at embellishment. If you've ever read any of their solicitations for upcoming books, you would be no stranger to their frequent use of the "NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME" sales pitch. But his just takes it to a whole other level.

This is like going to the emergency room for a loved one after a car accident, and the doctor comes out and says "GOOD NEWS! THEY'RE GONNA BE OK!" And you go "Really?! Can I go see them?" And the doc says "Oh no your loved one is dead. I was talking about this rerun of Friends. Ross and Rachel just got back together! Member that show?"
>>
https://news.marvel.com/comics/67447/marvel-legacy-changes-comic-book-industry/

MARVEL LEGACY CHANGES THE COMIC BOOK INDUSTRY

How can they be this tone deaf?
>>
File: lol.jpg (11KB, 557x104px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
11KB, 557x104px
Sorry, but I feel like posting a screencap of one of the posts in previous threads
>>
>>93410396
THE CAVALRY'S HERE
>>
>>93411650
>Get ready for a new dawn True Believers—one whose rays will touch every corner of the Marvel Universe in the days to come! Get ready for the return of what you’ve been longing for—and more! Prepare for the debut of MARVEL LEGACY!

>“A new initiative that will take things back to our iconic history, with a firm eye on the future, MARVEL LEGACY will present stories that remind everyone—newcomers and longtime fans alike—why Marvel stands as the premier name in fiction,” said Editor in Chief Axel Alonso. “Our titles will unearth gems from Marvel’s rich history, remind readers of connections between characters, and usher in the return of some major characters who’ve been missed. Above all else, we want to inject our comics with a massive dose of fun!”

>Kicking off this September with MARVEL LEGACY #1, an over-sized 50-page, one-shot special, Marvel Comics titles step towards a bright new future – one that harkens back to what has made Marvel a household name while looking towards tomorrow. With fun and thrilling reveals primed to excite fans, both existing and new, this fall, prepare for MARVEL LEGACY!

Wait a goddamn minute. This is the same press release that they put out yesterday: >>93386643
My god, Marvel's so lazy that they couldn't be arsed to make a second press release!
>>
This is the funniest day I had in my life. I feel like I'm a part of some interactive mockumentary.
>>
>>93411735
I actually thought it was the press release so I didn't repost it.
>>
>>93411735
Not crediting artists of cover they first reveal is also lazy and retarded at the same time.
>>
>>93411771

dan jurgens subtweeting them about that was delicious
>>
>>93411599
And a thread nearby...

>"Moment I saw Ms. Marvel continuing, my brain just tuned out everything else. S'long as this book is still continuing, I'm still pushing forward."
>>
>>93411001

Spirits of Vengenace has Tex on art. Woo!
>>
>>93409995
This is the company that staunchly stood by the statement that Superior Spider-Man would be the status quo forever and Peter Parker would never come back.
>>
File: IMG_1230.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1230.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>93410008
If Ultamites is dropped and none of this shit get continued I'm going to be pissed it deserves better
>>
File: IMG_1231.jpg (1MB, 1988x3156px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1231.jpg
1MB, 1988x3156px
>>93412044
>>
I wonder if Ewing would shit the bed on a company wide crossover like so many other writers I liked.
>>
>>93412044
>>93412066

High Evolutionary was on the cover for Champions

also either it's coming back or ewing is gonna fold the plots into USAvengers
>>
>>93410901
>Marvel Two-In-One
Hold up, they're bringing this back? That's... not a bad idea...
>>
>>93412157
Wait for the creative team.

It will be Bendis
>>
>>93412103

theres definitely going to be a Champions/Avengers crossover right?
because both their covers involved each other and High Evolutionary.

>>93412157

its their way of stopping the "Marvel is trying to kill the F4" shit.
>>
>>93409964
Just when I honestly thought Marvel couldn't possibly get anymore incompetent they somehow find a way.
>>
>>93410848
>That picture is outdated. The final results were even more smashing for marvel

How so?
>>
Heidi Macdonald guessed who are the artists of some more variants first revealed on Marvel.com.
>Ms. Marvel - Jake Wyatt
>Weapon X - Val Staples
>>
>>93411803
>If stuff like Secret Empire is their way of running marvel into the ground I will personally lend a hand on buildng the elevator.

>Marvel Comics hasn't been this exciting and cool since the Dark Reign Era.
>>
>>93410448
Hey sometimes we have Star Vs threads as well
>>
>>93410833
dark horse and image
>>
>52 titles
That's not how Hypercrisis work Marvel. You can't just have the nubmer
>>
>>93410227
Do you think Marvel was established in 2004 or something?
>>
>>93410262
>It's unlikely that this one will end up being anywhere near as good as the original

Two of the covers shown have Ben and Johnny teaming with Riri and the other is with Dinosaur girl.

Bet they'll team up with America and Kate Bishop afterwards, and really no one wants to see that.
>>
>>93409964
Idk why you guys are complaining, Marvel being shit means I don't have to buy their books and thus spend less money
>>
>>93410901
>Spirits of Vengeance
Are those Hellstorm and Satana?
>>
>>93413239
Well, it's a Marvel Two-in-One so obviously. The original was just Thing teaming up with whatever character they were trying to shill that month, too.
>>
Has anybody commented on how Marvel is doing 52 books? What do you think went through their fucking minds when they decided on that?
>>
>>93415182
>Has anybody commented on how Marvel is doing 52 books?
Yes.

>What do you think went through their fucking minds when they decided on that?
Either it was completely unintentional or they're never going to let people forget it come whatever convention Marvel is having next.
>>
>>93415208
So they were planning on doing a "this was New 52 done right!" thing? Because right now it just looks like the most embarrassing ripoff I've ever seen.
>>
>>93409964
they're a movie company now OP
>>
>>93410822
>that deceptive graph that put the number 1 answer 2nd on the actual graph
>>
File: ah dided it kaka censay.jpg (23KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ah dided it kaka censay.jpg
23KB, 400x300px
>>93415182

"the individual sales will be shit but it will looks nice in the market share comparison! we'll like at least 20 more books than DC!"
>>
>>93415257
I mean they're not going to live down the whole "52 books" thing, since they can't reference DC in any way but disparaging.

Here's something I just remembered: DC's "The New 52", considered in retrospect to be a long-term failure by many, also made a point to have fifty-two different ongoings at launch.

Marvel's overall aesthetic seems to be aping from DC Rebirth, but it looks like they're accidentally gone a bit further back than intended.
>>
>>93415359
Except N52 was a financial success. It just lost a lot of old fans, so when a bunch of new fans fell off they were roughly where they were pre-N52.

Marvel is chasing off old fans like N52, but not picking up new ones like N52 did.
>>
>>93410207
Marvel Two and One was a Thing team up book that went on for a while in the 70s and 80s. There was also Marvel Team Up which was the same thing but it was Spider-Man and Human Torch for most of it.
>>
>>93410098
Just create /cape/ and boot all this shit out. /co/ is too far gone at this point; only a purge would alievate things
>>
>>93415581
Can we make a /sug/ board while we're at it?
>>
>>93415637
Naw, just exile them to 8-chan
>>
File: new52-logo.jpg (65KB, 604x135px) Image search: [Google]
new52-logo.jpg
65KB, 604x135px
>>93409964
>52 books

oh ho
>>
File: check my 2.png (22KB, 222x222px) Image search: [Google]
check my 2.png
22KB, 222x222px
>>93415581
honestly it's cool, the only thing that needs to go is movies and live action television
kamen rider can stay tho
>>
>>93415710
There's nothing new about this tho
>>
>>93410901
>two entire runs focused on fixing Moon Knight from that awful Bendis run
>Marvel gets greedy and ruins it again
>>
File: batgod in the window.jpg (104KB, 504x519px) Image search: [Google]
batgod in the window.jpg
104KB, 504x519px
>>93409964

So let me get this straight:

-Marvel has a one shot that will CHANGE EVERYTHING
-All the titles get their old numberings (if possible, some will cheat)
-All the titles are getting gimmick throwback covers
-Virtually nothing else will be different aside from some character shuffling
-Marvel cuts down their ongoings by over a dozen
-The Legacy one shot is a rip off of DC's Rebirth and they have 52 titles moving forward

If that's all true this sounds like a massive collapse. To cut down that many titles... Jesus...
>>
>>93415182
It's clearly intentionally taking yet another dig a DC.
>>
>>93415871
>The Old 52
Ahahah
>>
>>93416675
Why does it seem like Marvel's entire strategy has been demonizing DC?
>>
>>93416748
When anything crumbles, as empires do, the first thing is to blame an outside force or competitor. In this case, DC.

My last Marvel purchase was the Bullseye mini and that's about it. There are no other comics I want to even glance at in a LCS at this point from Marvel. And most of my DC stash is old Batbooks but from what ive read on storytimes is that the Superman Rebirth is better, and I've NEVER been a fan of Supes
>>
>>93410901
>No Ultimates

this better fucking not mean it's canceled
>>
>>93416748
Because they're currently run by manchildren.

There was always a friendly rivalry between the two companies but ever since people like Quesada, Brevoort and Alonso got power they started taking it all way too fucking far. It's created a culture of their people being dicks that filters all the way down to the teams on the books.

So DC essentially said "if you aren't gonna play nice then we just won't play with you at all. Call us when these dicks are gone" packed up their ball and went home.
>>
What creative team would Marvel Two-in-One need to be even half as good as the original?
>>
>>93416863
lemire's moon knight is good, it ties into nothing else, it feels almost like a creator owned series.

Same with Genndy's "CAGE!"
>>
>>93417823
Ewing/Schiti
>>
But seriously, how the fuck does this keep happening? I understand don't matter monetarily to Disney . I understand that every person in power there wouldn't know a good idea if it hit them in the face. But at some point when everyone who knows and cares have been hating the product for at least the past two years, you'd think someone somewhere in a position of power would tell them to fucking quit it. The spider-marraige was one thing, that was one fandom they could pretend didn't exist because they had everything else, and anyway the character is so popular that it still sold really well even with many long time fans giving up. But this is the fucking whole thing. What do they have to do to go to far for the execs?
>>
>>93419004
right?
>>
>>93410227
>So when will Disney step in and fire everyone in editorial (and like half the writers)?
You guys don't seem to realize how hands-off Disney is with this sort of thing

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney doesn't actually touch Marvel Entertainment at all. Unless it's making serious negative net profits the mouse will just leave it unless there is something very specific it wants to do.
>>
File: ProfShillLegacy.jpg (223KB, 1845x563px) Image search: [Google]
ProfShillLegacy.jpg
223KB, 1845x563px
>>93410371
Here:
>>
>>93411599
>>I need someone high up at Disney to get rid of Ike ASAP.
>>Well no one can be worse than Ike, so I'd be fine with that.

these are true, Ike is the real cancer
>>
>>93419465
This guy actually works for them, doesn't he.
>>
>>93410901
>So desperate they try to use Multiverse magic by having exactly 52 books
Truly sad
>>
>>93419428
Why do they need them then? If marvel is done creating stories they can turn into movies, why not just kill it and make up the future movie stories themselves?
>>
>>93419478
Possibly. Tiamatty is an autistic cunt who's such a Tumblrina, that I think he's legitimately a retarted Marvel Zombie. Warren has praised every single thing though, so it's entirely possible that he's a shill.
>>
>>93419004
Disney probably is aware of it, possibly also through Feige and Marvel Studios forwarding them articles that makes any of Marvel Entertainment (aka Ike's divisions) looking bad. I think if things start to affect the bottom line or make them look bad then they start stepping in.

And it doesn't seem like things have been going well PR wise for Marvel Entertainment. Like the whole thing earlier this year where the Marvel VP of Sales was blaming the low sales on DC Comics and the readers not wanting diversity. Or today's Marvel variant announcement combined with the Capcom producers trying to explain away the lack of X-Men in MvC Infinite in a way that comes off insulting to Marvel/X-Men fans. And how the Inhumans push is not being as well-received as they wanted it to be.

What's gonna happen if that Inhumans TV show doesn't do well?
>>
>>93419513
Tiamatty appears somewhat genuine even if misguided. I don't get that from Prof Warren.
>>
>>93419567
Tiamatty is a straight white guy with a white guilt complex. He's completely bonkers.

ProfWarren is most likely just a shill.
>>
File: 1497976272336.jpg (142KB, 1000x1513px) Image search: [Google]
1497976272336.jpg
142KB, 1000x1513px
Right boys, you already know I'm a little faggot contrarian. What are the best Marvel ongoing I should read atm?
>>
>>93419596
Tiamitty ironically also constantly bulldozers over actually homo- or bisexual people's opinions in the LGBT thread, despite being a straight white dude putting on such a show of being progressive.

ProfessorWarren is a shill who will not let any criticism of anything Marvel does or its titles stand ever. He is an example of someone sucking Marvel's cock so hard it has cut off the access of oxygen to his brain long ago.
>>
File: Legacy.png (364KB, 696x398px) Image search: [Google]
Legacy.png
364KB, 696x398px
>>
File: 1498268094272.jpg (79KB, 679x864px) Image search: [Google]
1498268094272.jpg
79KB, 679x864px
Anyone know what this meme over here is called?
>>
>>93421337
Projection.jpg
>>
>>93421381
>Projection.jpg
No i meant the face.
>>
>>93421337
Wojak?
>>
>>93419557
>if that Inhumans TV show doesn't do well?
Anon, 'if'?
>>
>>93419004
It's honestly shocking. There's being out of touch and then there's being flat out antagonistic. I don't know a single other company in the world that, it seems, creates press releases with the intention of disappointing and, more likely, fully angering their fans.

You would think there was at least a small group that would break ranks and give an interview somewhere expressing discontent. But they all just shill even hard "we're writing stories to challenge are readers. Readers love controversy. They don't actually want what they tell us they want."

it's shocking at the point. they spent all this time building legacy and it's fucking homage/variants covers. Are they even variants? Maybe a storyline or two incorporating classica characters in some cheap way before back to the ANAD/NOW2.0 bullshit.
>>
>>93416628
but 52 titles is still WAY too many, which we discovered during the New52
>>93416863
Gwenpool is pretty fun, I like Hastings and Gurihiru's art is adorable.
>>
>>93422449
>but 52 titles is still WAY too many, which we discovered during the New52
It's possible to handle 52 titles. The problem is whether or not those titles are worth keeping around as ongoings.
>>
>>93415299
Jesus, that actually worked on me until you mentioned it. Not that it being mostly "wait and see" was a rousing image either.
>>
>>93421337
Angry crying wojak?
>>
I just want Bruce Banner back.
>>
>>93419004
>>93419557
I don't get why people keep thinking Disney is gonna do anything in these types of situations. Yes, they are the parent company of Marvel but it's like AT&T unleashing their wrath on the DCEU because of their poor critical reception.

I don't know much about businesses myself, honestly, but what I do know is that these mega corporations only speak in $$$. Unless somehow the Marvel brand as a whole doesn't meet their bottom-line, and then I can see papa Disney doing something.
>>
>>93417823
Pre-Spiderman Slott. You know, back when he was good.

I know Marvel has access to a time machine so they can do this. They're owned by Disney for god sakes, they have the resources to build one
>>
File: neo marvel.jpg (205KB, 463x913px) Image search: [Google]
neo marvel.jpg
205KB, 463x913px
>>93409964
Enjoy your IMAGE-lite SJW festering cesspit of comics, Marvel fans!
>>
>>93415581
Never gonna happen, there have been numerous attempts but they all got shut down. At this point it's an automatic shutdown when it's brought up.
>>
>>93417823
Jeff Parker and Paul Tobin. Not that you'll ever get them ever again. You're likelier to have some feminazi webcomic writer heading those.
>>
>>93419557
The first Inhumans teaser image was badly received everywhere, to the point that other footage had to "leak" soon after to try and sell the show. It was also badly received.
>>
>>93419428
Its funny because Disney was always so incredibly hands-on with their Video Game divisions that they ran them into the ground multiple times.
>>
File: Average_Marvel_fan.jpg (117KB, 800x1011px) Image search: [Google]
Average_Marvel_fan.jpg
117KB, 800x1011px
>>93421337
You call it the wrong one.
>>
>>93420238
>Tiamitty ironically also constantly bulldozers over actually homo- or bisexual people's opinions in the LGBT thread, despite being a straight white dude putting on such a show of being progressive.

That's always funny.

He had a recent chimpout on TV Tropes over how anti-white racism isn't real and anyone who thinks it is (or even wants to discuss it) should go fuck themselves. The discussion was started by a black guy who expressed the view that the messages in Coates's The Crew could be construed as a bit awkward.
>>
File: 1491936191172.png (3MB, 1650x1245px) Image search: [Google]
1491936191172.png
3MB, 1650x1245px
>>93411023
>the writing chops of Brian Bendis
>>
>>93410496
The movies and the everything else are separate divisions. But you're right in that merchandise probably covers the comics' losses
>>
>>93423456
>I don't get why people keep thinking Disney is gonna do anything in these types of situations.
>I don't know much about businesses myself, honestly,

I think you answered your own question.

Did you think Marvel Studios separating from Marvel Entertainment wasn't some kind of Disney intervention? Feige made his case to Bob Iger and Alan Horn and that caused Ike to lose control of the films. Ike still has control of the cartoons, live-action TV, and comics... but they seem to be getting hit by a lot of criticism from sites in the last year or so. Aside from >>93419557 there's also the various PR fiascos from HydraCap and how sales on the rest of the Marvel line (that don't include relaunches and overships and Star Wars) don't look good.

And on top of that, going by a lot of articles it sounds like Ike isn't exactly well-liked by Iger and other people at Disney, so they may be looking at any kind of excuse to diminish his power.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/17/marvel-employees-accused-of-participating-in-ike-perlmutter-campaign-against-harold-peerenboom/

Someone in the comments there said:

>According to the Disney fandom rumor mill, Iger and a lot of the Burbank executives would love to get rid of him. This might get interesting.
>>
>>93423700
Maybe they learned the lesson after it
>>
File: nightmare goggles.jpg (57KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare goggles.jpg
57KB, 722x349px
>>93411599
>>To be honest, for all the hate Slott gets, I think he is definitely one of the better writers at Marvel these days. Definitely a lot better than current Bendis and Waid.
>mfw I have to agree with them
>>
>>93410510
Hickman doesn't give a fuck about the characters he's writing. Marvel does need at least one guy on the staff who gives a damn.
>>
>>93409964
>52
Hypercrisis is real.
>>
>>93428317
>Leave Marvel to me
>>
>>93410098
You mean as oppose to here where we have intelligent, unbiased conversations?
>>
File: 1496980046125.png (227KB, 568x510px) Image search: [Google]
1496980046125.png
227KB, 568x510px
>>93411023
>>
File: marvelfag.jpg (15KB, 480x505px) Image search: [Google]
marvelfag.jpg
15KB, 480x505px
>>93423738
All of them are welcome.
>>
>>93421337
Marlel
>>
>>93420156
Gwenpool. Ultimates.

That's about it.
>>
>>93428623
Why does this art look so weird?
>>
>>93430158
>Gwenpool
has it moments, but most of the time is meh at best
Thread posts: 233
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.