[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did he deserve it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 16

File: e7URsob.jpg (29KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
e7URsob.jpg
29KB, 500x240px
did he deserve it?
>>
He seems happy

So no
>>
>>93077258
Deserve what? Being employed?
>>
>>93077258
Deserve what? He seems happy
>>
>>93077258
>good pay
>government benefits
>he's happy
I think Sid has it good.
>>
Garbage men only have to work a few hours early in the morning and get paid good money with government benefits.
>>
>>93077258
>has a job
>is happy
>isn't obsessed with his fucking CHILDHOOD toys
deserve what?
>>
>>93077258
>16$ an hour job
He's living fine
>>
>>93077291
>>93077293
>>93077307
>>93077318
I know, but see beyond the obvious please.

>while Andy, the spoiled brat raised y a single mom attends college, Sid the misundestood and abused kid has to conform with a wageslave job
>>
>>93077258
City workers have unions, pensions, benefits, etc.

Aside from having an undesireable position name ("Garbage Man") he seems pretty well off and happy.
>>
>>93077258
>did he deserve it?

Being a trash man is an extremely high-paying job with excellent job security, pension, and benefits. There are people who know this and viciously compete with others for trash man positions with cities and municipalities.
It's one of the few career choices today that you can still raise a family and afford property with.

So, I dunno.
Andy is gonna go to college and probably amass a small fortune in debt while Sid carries on with his life.
>>
>>93077353
Someone's projecting way too much.
>>
Did anyone else read those Sid/Andy fics when they were younger?

Also Toy Story 3 was released 7 years ago.
>>
>>93077353
>andy goes to college
>gets lmaonojobs with his 'degree'
>sid is making cash and doing good work as a labourer
>could even pick up another trade like plumbing easily with his credentials
>>
>>93077258
>One reason applicants may be lining up to become a sanitation worker is the pay. The starting salary is low, $33,746, but when you factor in overtime, it averages $47,371 in the first year. And after 5½ years, the salary jumps to an average of $88,616 dollars

He's doing a job he seems to like, it pays well and the job itself is always needed. If Sid stays with the company for years and works hard at it, he's going to have a career that it's going to pay him well for quite a while.

Plus benefits when he retires.
>>
>>93077353
Despite the nature of the work, being a garbage man is paid well, with reasonable hours and good benefits, and it's not super labor intensive in comparison to, say, mining or what have you, and he's guaranteed to never be out of a job as garbage keeps flowing where there are people.
He's also grown up to be a mentally healthy guy who, as has been mentioned, hasn't developed an obsession about his childhood toys.

I think he's got it good, and deserved it.
>>
>>93077379
>Being a trash man is an extremely high-paying job with excellent job security, pension, and benefits.

I agree, but you and I know this. That wasn't the message that pixar tried to sent with Sid having this job.
>>
>>93077318
Exactly, he in no way deserved this, now instead of being a destructive cunt he is a government leech. He didn't deserve to live this well or be happy.
>>
>Andy is going to college and is going to drown in debt while Sid enjoys his life only making a little but less if not the same as Andy
Why am I in college again?
>>
>>93077446
Why not? Why would they show him as very happy with his work if not to show that he's alright?
If they wanted something demeaning, they could've showed him working as a pizza planet delivery man. Now that's a shitty job.
>>
>>93077353
Andy maybe going to College but Sid genuinely seems to be enjoying life. It doesn't matter if he didnt have the opportunity to progress his education like Andy as long as Sid's fine with his life and not miserable it works for him
>>
>>93077446
Pixar sent the wrong message then, or just didn't do their homework when it come to job professions.
>>
>>93077465
Because highschool degree jobs b came 2 year degree ones
>>
>>93077446
I mean what message did you think it was? Maybe they just thought it was a fun easter egg?
>>
>>93077447
>does his job with a smile on his face
>no doubt a poster boy example of an All-American
>>
File: IMG_6036.png (130KB, 1346x406px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6036.png
130KB, 1346x406px
>>93077379
So then why was pic related in the poorhouse if based on what you're saying, his family is as rich as the Crosswires?
>>
Let's appreciate how we've come a long way with 3d visuals. Cuz holy shit did the human characters back then looked gross,
>>
>>93077514
>I mean what message did you think it was?
andy=good
sid=meanie
>>
>>93077446
That was more of an Easter egg than a message.
>>
>>93077385
>touching his hair with his garbage gloves
>>
>>93077465
You bought in the meme every highschool tries to beat into their students, which is "Go to a four year college, it's the only way you'll be successful."

Now most of my classmates have tens of thousands of dollars in debt to their name and no job to show for it. Somehow, I lucked up and I'm now a non- certified pharmacy tech and only spent 3,000 dollars on getting it.
>>
>>93077619
Andy likes it dirty
>>
>implying Sid deserves anything bad for just being a kid playing with his toys
>>
>>93077258
deserve what? He has a job and looks very happy with it. It's clear from his childhood that he doesn't give two shits about his appearance/lifestyle.

Presumably his sister is doing better, assuming her brother's harassment completely stopped after his traumatic incident with the toys.
>>
>>93077446
If they wanted to punish Sid in this scene, they'd make him look miserable and the only way you'd realize it was him is if his partner/driver called him by his first name, maybe tease him about his inexplicable fear of toys.
>>
>>93077353

A secure, safe job with great pay and benefits is terrible?
>>
>>93077652
How do you luck into that? Walgreens literally pays for the license exam.
>>
>>93077353
Being a garbage man is a good job, if you can enjoy it. Sid seemed to be.

It's entirely likely that Andy will major in something impractical and not land a good job after college.
>>
>>93077600
Yeah but Sid isnt very miserable in the scene, he's having a pretty good time doing his job
>>
How the fuck is American college so expensive? Even in Canada, all 4 years cumulative come out to roughly 24-42k, which is highly manageable with a part time job while in college and we give out sponsorships fairly liberally, we have a universal sponsorship for honour students (80%+ average) that's like 2-4k off your first two semesters.
>>
>>93077901
How old would his sister be? 20? And I thought Andy moved to a different city
>>
>he fell for the "garbage man is a bad job" meme
>>
>>93078042
In the most weirdest way possible. Got my CNA license, parents got sick for years, did advanced medical care for years on them(seriously, the shit I did was more or less a job for advanced nurses)applied for a job at some local grocery store just to make some quick cash, the person that overseen my parents overall health also has a brother that's a manager there, he send in a good word for me and I work as a non-certified while getting my certificate too.

It was a mix of good karma and coincidence. I still don't know how I did it.
>>
>>93078185

lol. but it kinda is.

t. garbage man for the last half decade
>>
>>93078129
Privatization and the circle jerk between loaners and the universities
>>
>>93078129
Our sponsorships ("scholarships") have private vetting processes and there's next to no government assistance, plus the schools bleed you dry on books ($150+ a piece) and additional charges. It can cost close to double what you quoted, and part time jobs in most of America will simply not pay that.
>>
>>93078238
i dunno, I'm in California so maybe it's better here as with most government jobs
>>
ITT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DJswI9pcjE
>>
>>93078241
Like, my tuition per semester is 4k, and that's ONLY because I'm in landscape architecture which has added fees because of equipment and studio space. Most courses and majors are 2.5-3k per semester. I've looked online and seen American colleges with 5 digit semester tuitions, for fucking humanities and social science majors FFS
>>
>>93078129
>which is highly manageable with a part time job
There's your problem, most part-time jobs do NOT pay well and there are managers that will not work with your schedule so you can both go to college and work at the same time.

Plus, you have books/other expenses, you can lose your scholarship over any reason and any good college will cost you some heavy cash.
>>
>>93078129
Because Americans vote for guys (the republican party) that make it easier for universities to exploit students for monetary benefit. Despite a lot of colleges here being viewed as liberal institutions, the heads of said colleges are usually staunchly republican.
>>
Maybe Sid has a reason for becoming a garbage man. Maybe he has become a garbageman to get easy access to trash...trash with broken toys. By day he tosses trash bags into a truck, by night he searches the dump for broken toys. When he finds them he fixes them up. Sometimes he speaks to them, hoping to get a response. Hoping to convince himself that the toys really are alive. That he's not crazy. Oh yes, they did their best to pound that traumatic scene from his childhood out of his head, but no matter how many doctors he saw, no matter what drugs they put him on, he knew what he saw that day in the yard.
>>
File: 1496958405860.gif (146KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
1496958405860.gif
146KB, 300x375px
>>93078309
My semester here in my country in the University that I go is $200 USD for an engineering degree
>>
don't forget, along with other benefits Sid is getting, by modern day he'll be driving a truck with a sweet-ass robot arm. He doesn't even need to handle the garbage himself AND sick robot arm truck.

Fucker might have gotten better than he deserved.
>>
>>93079158
I've seen those robot arm garbage trucks; fucking took me by surprise since they don't use them in the area where I live.

Though when I saw them, the garbage cans had to be a certain type for it to work.
>>
>>93077258
>>93077385

How the fuck did Sid grow up Hot?
>>
I know this is a comics & cartoon board but are people here so retarded they think that privatization makes things more expensive, and don't realize the government subsidized loans have removed any economic incentive universities have to lower prices or provide a reasonable ROI. I guess that's why they call this board /co/mblr but Jesus fucking Christ some of these arguments are retarded and completely off topic for a discussion about whether or not Sid deserved to be as happy as he ended up. (And he technically only hurt toys so yes, he did deserve to be happy, which he was).
>>
>>93077353
>wageslave
>>>/r9k/
>>
File: SOGOOD.jpg (79KB, 960x794px) Image search: [Google]
SOGOOD.jpg
79KB, 960x794px
>>93080294
>>
File: bullshit but I believe it joj.jpg (104KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit but I believe it joj.jpg
104KB, 500x489px
>>93077385
>Andy degree is worthless and is basically a trophy wife/cum deposit for Sid
>>
>>93080294
>privatization makes things more expensive
privatization doesn't inherently make things more OR less inherently expensive, competition makes things less expensive and private universities have little to no competition. Certification inflation means that degrees are simultaneously useless but mandatory, student loans ensure that nobody is unable to go to school because of prohibitive costs in the short term, said costs can be as high as they like because the universities are private institutions that have little to no competition with each other which lowers costs and they also can't ever make their prices too prohibitively high because of the aforementioned loans.
>>
>>93078129
I went to a mid-range private college. Room and board was 10 grand a year, tuition was like 18 grand, and I got 13 grand a year in scholarships for getting good grades in high school. You guys probably don't have to worry so much about that because I assume your taxes are at a level that would cause armed insurrections if they were to be instituted here.
>>
>>93080703
Our taxes are a little higher but they're (arguably) used more efficiently because we aren't spending more money on military and defense than most other countries in the world put together (in part, BECAUSE you guys are spending so much on it).
>>
>>93077353

This post is everything wrong with the current and future generations. You actually belittle good paying work because for some reason it's "beneath" you. It's fucking retarded.
>>
>>93080742
Also the concept of taxation has historically been associated in the US with tyranny, so proposing tax increases is at best a pointless gesture and at worst political suicide
>>
>>93080757
Hey, more good jobs for me.
>>
>>93080792
Its "no taxation without representation" not "no taxation" The founding fathers weren't idiots that did not see the importance of taxes.
>>
>>93077353
Garbage men make 25 an hour in most places, that's middle-class wage lad, and more than most college grads make.
>>
>>93077353
Enjoy being 80k in debt with your useless art degree and having 3 years less of work experience
Lmao
>>
Deserve what?
It's an extremely high-paid job in my country, with short work hours. You have to take a 2 year degree to become a sanitation technician to get it.

Anyone who looks down on a job like that is a bone fine moron, and they make more money than you, guaranteed.
>>
>>93080950
>BONE FINE
>>
>>93077652
>Went with HVAC repair apprenticeship right out of High-school
>Spent five years slowly getting to 24 an hour
>Left them to work with Amazon
>Now I'm making 44 an hour at 25
>Both of my close friends remain unemployed, one of my friends has been traveling Europe endlessly, the other got his first job as an electrical engineer
>Making 24 an hour

feels good man.
>>
File: 1495764636831.jpg (14KB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
1495764636831.jpg
14KB, 332x332px
>>93080950
>bone fine
>bone fine
>bone fine

it's bona fide you mong
>>
>>93077353
>This is how millenials think; the post
>>
>>93077353
>>93077258

Niggas, here are some news to you.

Garbage men actualy pay REALLY well.

Because guess what..most people DON'T want to work with it.

I had a teacher that would spend her summer working as one, and almost double her annual income during the period.
>>
>>93077258
Sid looks like the type of guy who drives Lyft instead of Uber
>>
File: 1399916403810.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1399916403810.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>93080875
Go explain that at any town hall meeting in a red (or purple, for that matter) state and see the kind of reaction you get.
>>
>>93081026
>>93080971
Mistakes like that are a diamond dozen these days.
I could of care less, personally.
>>
>>93080950
>bone fine moron
lmao
>>
File: I am trash man.jpg (55KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
I am trash man.jpg
55KB, 500x501px
>Talkin' shit about Garbage Mans
I bet I make more money working easier hours (Plus insurance and other government bitch goodies) than most of these dumb kids getting degrees in "gender studies" who wind up at a McDonalds for life.

>>93081026
It's a doggy dog world, anon.
>>
>>93081000
>working as a warehouse manager
I don't wish that on my worst enemy.
>>
>>93081114
nah mate, I do HVAC and climate control maintenance for the warehouses. I spend most of my days on my phone in the catwalks waiting for something to go wrong.
>>
Being a garbage man may pay good and stuff, and may be a good job over all with a lot of benefits, I think the situation boils down to "making money to live well" versus "doing what you love to do and making money as a result". Like someone that loves football becoming a football player, someone that loves science becoming a scientist, someone that loves art becoming an artist, all being successful and having fun doing their "jobs". But being a garbage man would usually just be a job that you have to do for the sole purpose of making money so that you can get by in this society based around cash and stuff.

Now how does any of that apply to Sid? Who knows. Maybe he sincerely loves his job, and it's connected to his experience with the toys, and he uses his job to fix up old toys and stuff?
>>
>>93081136
Last I worked at a fulfillment center the floor got 95+ degrees, if there was an HVAC guy he sure as fuck didn't do anything. Nice gig
>>
>>93077353
Anon I dont think you are talking about Toy story here.
>>
>>93077258
>he became THE TRASHMAN
nice
>>
>>93077446
There wasnt a message at all.
Just an easter egg.
>>
>>93077353
Holy fuck you are projecting so much
>>
>>93081181
They don't give a fuck about work areas. I've been told before to disable the airflow before because too much was leaking out bay doors so they can save a little bit of money. They really only care about making sure nothing happens to the packages in deep storage and keeping the fumes moving out. Making the place habitable to humans is their last priority.
>>
File: BI55l.jpg (124KB, 820x644px) Image search: [Google]
BI55l.jpg
124KB, 820x644px
>>93077385
>>
I always felt bad for Sid.

Yeah he was a dick to his little sister, but that's just siblings.

I don't think there was anything wrong with him mentally. Not like he tortured small animals or anything. He just wanted to blow shit up and make monsters out of toys he found. It was just his way of having fun, not his fault that he didn't consider the idea toys being sentient fucking beings.
>>
>>93081280
I guess that makes sense, margins must be razor sharp there.
>>
>>93081179
>I think the situation boils down to "making money to live well" versus "doing what you love to do and making money as a result".

Fuckin' this. People who don't want to be garbegemen/tradesmen aren't "afraid of hard work", they're just pursuing their dreams like they were told to do since childhood. Y'know, the kind of thing Disney and Pixar tell you to do as well. Shit, if they were afraid of hard work, they could get an office job at a cubicle farm and get paid to be bored out of their skulls all day.

Some live to work, others work to live.
>>
>>93077385
L-link?
>>
>>93081630
>office job at a cubicle farm
...Office job isn't a fucking job, it's a description of where you work and most aren't hiring, how old are you?
>>
File: IMG_4585.jpg (211KB, 1440x983px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4585.jpg
211KB, 1440x983px
>>93081661
Yeah I'm gonna need that shitpost by tomorrow instead of next week
>>
>>93079991
I don't know but MUH DICK
>>
Wasn't there a Monsters Inc comic where Sid used the door system to sneak into houses, and steal toys because he thought they would attack people?
>>
>>93077353
Just wait 'til Toy Story 5 where Andy kills himself due to depression and Sid becomes a senator with a loving family.
>>
>>93077573
jew
>>
>>93081057
>millenials

It's Boomers who insist on pushing the college meme, despite the fact that it was much easier for them to go, then blame the younger generations for going in the first place.
>>
File: 1_500.png (376KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
1_500.png
376KB, 500x673px
>>93081420
>>
>>93077446
It was most likely just an Easter egg, but there could also be a message there. If there was, than it isn't the one you seem to think.
Consider Monsters University. Mike and Sully go to an elite University, with Sully being from an elite family, but instead of that carrying them to a high paying job they're forced to drop out and instead work their way up the corporate ladder from near the bottom rung.
Sid here is enjoying his work. It isn't glamorous and doesn't require a 4 year degree, but it as others have pointed out it pays well and he seems to like it. Pixar isn't the bastion of ivory tower culture you seem to think it is. They often show that happiness can come from a lot of different places.
>>
>>93082963
Eh, in the Toy Story 3 special features, Mr. Potato head points out how Sid is the garbage man and makes a judgemental statement about how he "isn't doing much with his life". I don't really judge him in that way, but it was clearly intended to be kind of shitting on Sid as a person.
>>
>>93083023
Mr. Potato Head is also canonically something of an asshole.
>>
File: sheen-estevez-men-at-work[1].jpg (54KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
sheen-estevez-men-at-work[1].jpg
54KB, 450x300px
>>93077258
>Union
>High pay
>Paid training
>Retirement plan
>Never have to wear a tie
>One of the greatest movies is based on your job.
>Done by noon.

Not to knock Andy, but I think Sid is being a bigger benefit to society.
>>
>>93077447
>He didn't deserve to live this well or be happy.

Then it is clear, the toys did not have souls and Sid was doing nothing wrong mangling and destroying the horrible demon things.
>>
>>93083023
Sid is actually doing his doctoral study in environmental engineering.

Working out how to break down all that trash on a molecular level to its base elements for ease of recycling.
>>
>>93083195
I mean, I guess when you say it like that...

But it did seem like the toys had souls in the movie...
Though I guess he couldn't have known.
>>
I'd like to point out in this thread: Being a garbage man requires classes in waste management and on site training. They aren't monkies that throw the bags on the truck, they have to be very educated and certified on the effects of pollution and the ways of waste management. Most technical colleges have course plans for this career line.

Most WM departments will take new hires and train them or have them audit college classes and when they get senority, certify them to operate heavy machinery. It's really is something you have to be lucky to get into.
>>
>>93083203

Given how toys are sentient in this universe, that is some dr. mengler messed up shit.
>>
>>93083270
Sid couldn't have possibly known, they were very good at hiding it. Every single person that say, eats meat, is knowingly part of a system that kills millions of animals with varying levels of intelligence and ability to feel. Every single one of them is doing something more morally suspect than Sid.
>>
>>93083359
animals don't have souls

except for dogs
>>
>>93083382
And yet people eat dogs. Checkmate, atheists.
>>
File: 1496893899755.png (917KB, 876x511px) Image search: [Google]
1496893899755.png
917KB, 876x511px
>>93083129
>Never have to wear a tie
But what if you want to
>>
I never knew about this teenage Sid/Andy ship until this thread and how teen Sid looks fucking hot. I never really paid much attention to his look during his cameo.
>>
>>93077258
>has a job
>seeminly mentally stable and happy with his life
For a douchey kid who got through something that wouldn't look out of place in a goddamn horror movie, he turned out very well.
>>
File: 1473566655014.gif (506KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1473566655014.gif
506KB, 500x375px
>>93077258
Is Sid ripped? His arms look like it.
>>
Does anyone here know how I can become a garbage man?
>>
>>93085048
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+become+a+garbage+man
>>
>>93085048
4 year degree in garbage science.
>>
>>93077258
He never did anything wrong to begin with aside from bothering his sister. It's not like he knew the toys were alive. They hide the fact from the humans they like, let alone the ones they don't.
>>
>>93077353
>sid is making money while giving no shits and jamming to music
>Andy is going to have a useless degree and be swimming in debt
>>
>>93077353
Waste disposal is a union job anon. It pays great and comes with great benefits. Many in california can make up to 100k/yr when factoring in OT and shit. Also retirement benefits include earning a 75% pension on their earnings.
>>
>>93077258

As a garbage man let me bluntly say the jobs pretty kick ass truth told
>>
>>93085168
So a degree in psychology then?
>>
>>93085346
No, that actually has some basis in the scientific method. You're thinking of a Gender Studies degree.
>>
>>93077258
Being a garbage man is a really great gig actually. This is actually probably one of the best outcomes that could reasonably happen to the kid.
>>
>>93081085
Now you are just doing it on porpoise.
>>
>>93077353
Andy
>nu-male
>still attached to his toys
>will probably end up in debt and cucked by his GF
Sid
>had a rough childhood
>sort himself out
>now he semms happy in a job with great benefits.

I think Sid did pretty well all things considered
>>
>>93083129
>One of the greatest movies is based on your job.
My absolute nigga, this movie is one of my faves too!
The escalation of the airbag prank always breaks my sides.
>>
>>93081647
http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Andy%20Davis*s*Sid%20Phillips/works

Hollycomb is the best writer of the pairing.
>>
>>93084717
>Sid will never hold you in his arms

Why live?
>>
>>93077353
When was Sid abused?
>>
IM THE TRESHMAN

I GET ON STAGE

AND I START EATIN DA GARBAAGE
>>
>>93085382
I dunno how it works in the United States of Gettingfuckedintheassbythesuperrich, but here in the Netherlands working in waste disposal gets you a literal big fat stench bonus on top of your hourly wages.
>>
>>93077353
>wageslave job

What do you think happens when you get a college degree and a lot of debt?
>>
Why are people saying Sid was an asshole or was from an abusive family? His family was pretty normal, and if anything, Andy was a freak with issues, treating toys with extra care like they were alive to compensate for lack of a father and getting too attached to them. Sid was just an ordinary creative kid.
>>
>>93077258
What's wrong with being a garbage man?

Do you commonly look down on people providing a vital service for society?

Heard they get paid fairly well too.
>>
>>93078129
Anon, they don't even have healthcare
>>
>>93086599
i don't think he was abused. But he suffered from severe schisophrenia, hearing voice that didn't exist and even imagining toys talking to him.

The heavy therapy he went throgh after that wasn't easy on hi, but he came out a better man.
>>
>>93085492
Meanwhile in Rome...
>>
>>93086895
>Why are people saying Sid was an asshole or was from an abusive family?
That's what I don't get. Why is Sid made out to be some monster who deserves pain and suffering? He was the villain of the first Toy Story, true, but he was just a fucking kid whose only real crime is that he liked to destroy toys, which is only considered evil in a universe where toys are sentient (a fact Sid most certainly didn't know). Being a garbage man is hardly punishment for all the reasons listed in this thread, but somehow Pixar and millenials think that "garbage man = failure at life".
>>
>>93087000
I heard it's fucking murder on your body.
>>
>>93077385

when they were younger?...7 years ago... fuck. im honestly under the impression it came out in like the last 2 years, the fact kids have grown up with toy story 3 now and it isn't a new current movie like wtf year am i living in...
>>
>>93081082
oh so the best guy
>>
>>93083410

Flintstones comics are damn dark at times.
>>
>>93077258
Well, at least he has a job

>>93077293
Yeah, because college graduates get good jobs
>>
>>93079260
We have them in my city. They had to replace every garbage disposal in the city for them to work, though they are bigger and easier to use now, plus more hygienic because they now also have a machine that cleans them.
Being a garbage man sounds bretty gud
>>
>>93078307
Fuck of Joel!
>>
It doesn't matter the reality of what a garbage man pays; at the time, in the theatre, the scene was meant as a kind of "Sid got what he deserved hahahah", as the evil antagonist becomes a garbage man.

Regardless of how much said job pays, it's not a very prestigious job, to be fair. 8
>>
>>93077258
Let's be honest, a kid like sid wouldn't be the kind to end up as a generic white collar office worker. He's not in an insane asylum or jail so sid ended up pretty good.
>>
>>93090276
>the scene was meant as a kind of "Sid got what he deserved hahahah"

Was that the reaction from viewers or the intention though? I guess viewers like OP thought so, but there seemed to be more people who watched the movie and refuted the notion that he had a poor job. (If going by the number of people in this thread)
>>
>>93091798
That's fair, but I think /co/ is just being contrarian and purposefully ignorant of the intentions of the film just on the basis of some quasi-conservative infatuation with blue-collar work.

In reality, being a garbage man is a well-paying, unionized job that can make a decent living. In the pop-culture consciousness, certainly so many-years ago, being a garbage man is akin to working at Mcdonalds and being a burger flipper.
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.