[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can We Just Admit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

File: 8f4c9e10fc4355a7cbe76aebf84c9c07.jpg (225KB, 817x1222px) Image search: [Google]
8f4c9e10fc4355a7cbe76aebf84c9c07.jpg
225KB, 817x1222px
that Avengers was way overrated?
>>
>>92988138
They earned it for being the first to step up on the grand stage. Every movie since breaks a billion easy so you know it wasn't luck or a one time phenomenon
>>
>>92988138
No, it was great.
>>
I'd say it was, it was done right goofy at times
>>
>>92988138
Is x highly rated? Then it's always overrated.
>>
>>92988138
Damn, scarjo has really nice ass.
>>
It was a remarkable achievement at the time that, in hindsight, is diminished by every time it's successfully executed on afterwards

it's like Half Life 2 or the first X-Men movie
>>
>>92988192
What time phenomenon?
>>
>>92988362
/thread/
there exists not one piece of media where we cannot claim it is overrated, indeed the more famous and popular something is the more we feel justified in claiming so
>>
It was baby's first comicbook experience without actualy reading a comic

Remembered a q&a trivia quiz right before the premier of the movie
And no one there knew jack shit from the questions
Like who are invading NY in the movies
>>
>>92988138
yes

it's impressive/important for being the first of its kind, but it's not a very good movie
>>
>>92988138
really?
its one of my favorite movies of all time
>>
>>92988138
no it was very fun for me.
But you can't please everyone so I feel some complaints are legitimate
>>
>>92988138
For me it was a missed opportunity to use Pym and Jan

Hawkdad too was such a bad decision
>>
>>92988138
It was good, but in hindsight it's biggest thing was having all the characters finally meet each other and fight as a team, rather than great story or anything like that.
>>
>>92988364
had
>>
>>92990183
There was some early draft with Jan in it I think, but Wright had dibs at the time.
>>
>>92988138
The importance of Avengers was it showed you could do the ensemble super hero flick and be successful with it. Before Avengers came out, there was serious doubt the movie could even be done.
>>
>>92990436
it was also roaring good fun with tons of memorable lines and the famous panning shot
>>
>>92988192
>Every movie since breaks a billion easy

No they don't.
>>
>>92990457
I think he meant "every Avengers movie".
>>
>>92988379
This exactly. Going in everyone expected it to be a clusterfuck because of how much it had to pack into its runtime, but it managed to be fun, even if the actual plot is a little thin.
>>
>>92990446
>with tons of memorable lines

There was?
>>
>>92990446
and a huge boring part in the middle that everyone forgets because they only saw it once or twice in theaters with their friends
>>
>>92990470

But there's only been one other
>>
>>92990487
and 2.5
>>
>>92990474
>we have a hulk
>KNEEL!
>thats not a party
>puny god
>im listening
>he was adopted
>i respect the councils decision, but since its a stupid ass decision ive elected to ignore it
>i understood that reference
>>
>>92990475

I would recommend never watching it again if you enjoyed it. When you start thinking about how shit the Chitauri are you realize the Avengers were never in danger
>>
>>92990475
>they only saw it once or twice
how is that a bad thing?
watching movies over and over again is for boring people and the mentally ill
>>
>>92990509
that's a good recommendation because I've tried to watch the Blu-ray twice and couldn't get through it

>>92990515
I've literally only seen it once all the way through, that's how hard the middle stops the movie dead. Like, it's a fun movie exactly once, and that's not the mark of a good movie.
>>
File: Superman is super upset.jpg (50KB, 784x350px) Image search: [Google]
Superman is super upset.jpg
50KB, 784x350px
>>92990509
Cap and Thor actually get physically injured, Widow and Hawkguy are one hit from being killed at any moment, Iron Man nearly dies. Hulk gets beat down but Hulks back out of it (of course). Comparatively, Man of Autism doesn't so much as get his hair mussed, let alone dirty, bruised or bleeding.

Oh but it has great tension because "Muh CGI DBZ fightan".
>>
>>92990552
>criticism of MCU
>now I must shitpost about the DCEU
I despise the DCEU but holy shit contain your autism

this is why live action threads need to be banned
>>
>>92990509
>>92990534
>And then you can be contrarian in threads forever!
>>
>>92990509
isn't that the point? the existence of the avengers made a world of difference, completely shutting down what would have been a world threatening invasion
>>
>>92990565
>Shitposts in a bait Movie thread
>"live-action threads need to be banned"
I think you need to be banned.
>>
File: avengersonset3.jpg (218KB, 762x1200px) Image search: [Google]
avengersonset3.jpg
218KB, 762x1200px
>>92988364
A big bubble butt. Thor and Loki can't help themselves.
>>
>>92990565
>I'll goal post move my argument to hide how dumb I am.
>>
>>92990503
>KNEEL!
>im listening
>i respect the councils decision, but since its a stupid ass decision ive elected to ignore it
No.
>>
>>92990592
not even the guy you were responding to, my dude. Life isn't a zero sum game, multiple things can be bad.
>>
>>92990599
i liked those lines
me and my friends still repeat them to this day
>>
File: 1431398536366.jpg (51KB, 552x442px) Image search: [Google]
1431398536366.jpg
51KB, 552x442px
>>92990592
>"goal posts" sounds reasonably intelligent, I'll try that!
There are no posts here, it's clearly a bait thread, you are clearly enjoying yourself here, so stop pretending you are too good for it.
>>
>>92990573
>isn't that the point?
No. If the team simply faces cannon fodder all the time, then they were never necessary to begin with.
>>
>>92990552
>Hulk gets beat down but Hulks back out of it (of course).
Do you want to try repeating this sentence again?
>>
>>92990552
>Cap and Thor actually get physically injured

No they don't. Cap gets gut shot and shrugs it off. They're the worst invasion force I've ever seen
>>
>>92990583
I don't see what one statement has to do with the other, this bait thread wouldn't exist if live action was banned
>>
>>92990611
Fuck you, and your friends are shit.
>>
>>92990611
are these the "normies" I keep hearing /r9k/ yell about
>>
>>92990652
i am a huge normie and all my friends are casuals
>>
>>92990611

Why? They aren't funny or interesting lines. Your friends sound like autists who banepost in real life.
>>
>>92990661
is "reeeeee" still the correct response? I'm not hip with the youth on the fresh memes.
>>
>>92990663
we also make endless bane memes to each other
>>
Yes. But still better than WW. Even the average marvel capeflicks were better than that.
>>
File: 1381305747200.jpg (9KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1381305747200.jpg
9KB, 184x184px
>>92990663
>X sound like autists
>posted unironically on 4chan.

Like clockwork, we always get one of these salty little threads right after a large "Shit on Snyder" thread finally autosages, and the teary-eyed little girls decide to have a "MCU wuz bad too" thread to salve their butt-ravaging. For four years this has been a thing.

Patty finally gave you a movie that wasn't a giant turd, just go out and see it and let the Kino go.
>>
File: [AHHHHHHHH].jpg (60KB, 313x559px) Image search: [Google]
[AHHHHHHHH].jpg
60KB, 313x559px
>>92990692
/tv/ was a fucking mistake, holy shit
>>
>>92990716

I wouldn't know the in and outs of Company war threads but it sounds like you do. You should think about killing yourself
>>
>>92990772
Yeah, you just continue rolling around in the shit and pretending it's ok when you do it.

You're right there with the "cartoons and comics are dumb" people.
>>
>>92990716
I can say the DCEU was bad while also saying Avengers isn't that good and vastly overrated.

Here, I'll do it now: the DCEU and its defenders are two of the biggest insults to cinema in recent memory, and that's including fucking Rogue One, and the Avengers, while impressive for what it tried to do and succeeded in doing, is still a mediocre if not outright bad movie when taken on its own. Despite this, seeing it in a full theater with a bunch of my friends was easily one of the most enjoyable movie-watching experiences I've ever had. And despite THAT, I still found myself unable to get past the downtime after the helicarrier battle on the two occasions I've attempted to watch it again on Blu-ray, both times with friends and/or family (and I'm not kidding, that's the exact spot we stopped both times. The momentum of the film completely dies after the helicarrier battler).
>>
>>92990799

Seriously though you should think about ending it
>>
>>92990716
>Patty
What do the Irish have to do with this?
>>
>>92990857
they're paddies, not patties

they get mad about that for some reason
>>
File: Areyounot.jpg (49KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
Areyounot.jpg
49KB, 400x389px
>Despite this, seeing it in a full theater with a bunch of my friends was easily one of the most enjoyable movie-watching experiences I've ever had.

And that was EXACTLY the point of it. It wasn't created to change how you thought about the human condition, to make you peer into your own inner self or to re-examine how you perceive the world. It was intended to be a fun romp Big Team-up adventure for you and your young friends to enjoy.

The problem is:
1. You've become jaded
2. You've spent too much time in the Land of Contrarians
3. You have a short attention span and a need for constant gratification due to your incessant exposure to online media.

Basically you are just no longer a person of quality who can simply enjoy a good time and move on from it.
>>
Avengers was fucking great unlike Man of Shit, Shitty Squad and Buttman v Shitman which were shit films and are only liked by ppl who have an acute taste and hunger for shit. If you don't agree then you don't know Shit about comics and films.
>>
>>92988138
It did what people thought was impossible at the time.
People believe a cast that big was bound to fail.
>>
>>92988362
This. I never really get why OPs start these threads. Does he really need to feel "justified" for telling his friends and family how overrated it is and how smart he is for seeing it? Does he just want to talk about Avengers but can't deal with the possibility that people will ignore the thread if it doesn't start with some insipid non-statement?

Either answer is kinda pathetic.
>>
>>92990867
I have moved on from it. I enjoyed the experience, attempted to relive it, and found that the thing I enjoyed was actually because of my friends and the environment, not the thing itself, and I am now expressing that sentiment in this thread.

Maybe this is the "culture" in these live-action shitposting threads, but why must every movie we like be good? Why can't I enjoy bad movies? Another one of my most enjoyable movie-watching experiences is Rocky Horror, is that now a good movie because the midnight showings are fun?

Avengers was enjoyable exactly once for me and a lot of other people, and that's ok, but it's also the mark of a bad movie, which also ok. Not everything I like has to be good. I guess that's the mentality in these live-action shitposting threads, but to use an actual /co/ example, no one actually likes the comics on Storytime of Pain weekend, because they're objectively awful, but everyone has fun sharing the experience.

All this to say, a shared enjoyable experience does not necessarily make the thing you are enjoying inherently good.

also this post probably doesn't make a lot of sense, I've gone back and added stuff to it like 5 times
>>
File: IMG_1436.gif (891KB, 500x217px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1436.gif
891KB, 500x217px
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>92991064
Steve Rogers, the son of Depression-era Irish immigrants, is, unsurprisingly, a Catholic.
>>
>>92991064
Marvel couldn't name drop Dr. Doom, so they alluded to him instead.
>>
>>92991086
>Dr. Doom
but then he does dress like that
>>
>>92988138

Just point people to Honest Trailers or, more specifically, Cinema Sins. While both of those can be very nit-picky with some of their issues (EVERY movie, even the low budget ones, has way too many production company titles at the start - it's a function of film financing for the last 5-10 years), they really pick out the major issues of things, even the ones which are popular or were "critically" well received when they came out.
>>
>>92991109
>recommending Cinema Sins as a serious critical tool
*ding*
>>
>>92988138
Why does he look so sad?
>>
>>92991161
Maybe because Chris Evans doesn't like Whedon or something? I remember when he was doing Age of Ultron press, he looked tired and talked about how his contract was ending. But when he was doing interviews for Civil War, he was more upbeat and mentioned how he'd be happy to renew his contract. Plus, he didn't show up in any of those political videos Whedon made last year which featured every other Avenger.
>>
File: 1335322010098.jpg (52KB, 251x250px) Image search: [Google]
1335322010098.jpg
52KB, 251x250px
>>92988138
I waited 3 years to watch it after it came out since it didn't interest me. Gave it a shot and surprisingly found it really boring, like close to Iron Man 2 levels of dull.
>>
>>92989288
how would people know who were invading before seeing the movie?
>>
>>92990389
Wright honestly fucked up everything he affected in the MCU, which I don't like saying, because I like his other movies, but it's true. He's also the reason Pym couldn't be involved with Ultron's creation and they had to use Stark instead. And after all the concessions they had to make to accomodate his idea for Ant-Man, and how long it was taking, he didn't even stick around to see it through when they needed some things from him in return.
>>
>>92988138
No, but we can begin to admit that Avengers 2 was way underrated
>>
>>92991180
I can see it. I doubt that's even a political thing, because Chris railed against Trump too, and how screwed up the electoral system had become, but he probably just finds Whedon annoying.
>>
>>92991210
>Scott Pilgrim was a watered-down version of the comics
>The World's End was a disappointing closer to the Cornetto trilogy
>takes too long to make Ant-Man that Marvel tells him to get out
Should I be worried for Baby Driver?
>>
>>92991250
all I know is that he'll never top Hot Fuzz and that makes me a bit sad.
>>
Seriously what went wrong with Avengers 2 /co/? Why does everything feel so empty despite the huge jump in production values? Nothing in the movie even gives me goosebumps yet till this day the 'Suit up' scene in Avengers 1 still does.

https://youtu.be/yHo0977cOUk
>>
>>92991341
A combination of a lot of things, really. No one secret ingredient missing, just a lot of little changes that made the mix not come together quite right. There was the fact that there seemed like too many attempts to recapture specific things people liked about the first movie's final battle, without there being the same emotional connection or need for that in the story. There were the studio-mandated setups for future movies, like the stupid Thor vision quest, and the choices Whedon made for the wrong reasons, like Hulkwidow being an attempt to prove Hawkeye and BW's ralationship could be just a friendship. On top of all that, Whedon seemed to want to make a deeper movie than the first one, but I think ultimately failed, as 1 pulled together some nice themes about teamwork, and sticking up for traditional heroism rather than postmodernist cynicism, even if it's dressed up in a popcorn film style, whereas number 2 was disjointed, preached what it tried to say when it said it, and ultimately only expressed something vague about creation and controlling chaos, while having a bunch of other stuff in there that had nothing to do with that.
>>
>>92990487
Pretty sure the statement stands on that
>>
>>92991250

I found World's End to be a great fun time.
>>
>>92990704
Contain your autism /r/marvelstudios
>>
It was FUN, which is what movies should be. Screw Grim-Dark. They should be campy and fun.
>>
>>92988138
It was shit, Iron-Man 1 was shit too... so was the Raimi-trilogy. Just rewatch them without your nostalgia-googles on. Those flicks were good when they came out, but they aged like rotten milk.
>>
>>92991672
Just like ur mums vagina which rotted immediately after its best before date of 18yrs on account of too much nigger jizz.
>>
>>92988138
Not as much as WW but then again Avengers wasn't pushing a feminist agenda
>>
>>92988138
It really was. It gets significantly worse with each viewing as its flaws become more glaring and the hype generated by the first 5 films has long since faded.
>>
I don't know, I remember having a ton of fun watching it back when it came out. One of the most enjoyable blockbuster experiences I had.

I'm not an autismo that watches movies 10 times, so all the "it's not as good when you rewatch it" complaints are stupid to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (238KB, 678x905px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238KB, 678x905px
>>92988138
Yes, it's an extremely overrated movie. Coulson essentially ruins the movie all because he needs to be the catalyst the bring the Avengers together, and it's stupid. What is his character even supposed to be? The Everyman in all of this nonsense? Because they gave us that character, and he's named Hawkeye.
>>
>>92990503
>>>/tv/
>>
>>92988138
I have never been able to watch it a second time. I always get bored and turn it off
>>
>>92988138

overrated? nah, appropriately rated. if you built up in *your* head it was a flawless masterpiece that is entirely on you, nobody else was claiming such.

and the pic you posted is *proof*, everyone ragged on that Cap costume. personally i think that was the point of the costume, it was supposed to be dated-goofy, but its still ugly and it was still pointed out as a flaw. That you're now posting it as proof of the movie being overrated is only showing your cluelessness.
>>
Can we just admit that "overrated" is a meaningless word used by hipsters to sound like they're being critical of something popular without actually saying anything?
>>
There is a lot of charm with the film, but the film never felt like a movie. It always felt like a TV pilot, and I can't put my finger on it. Everything felt like a stage. Hell, almost the entire film is in a grey corridor or next to grey buildings.
>>
I went to see it 3 times when it first came out. Tried it watching it a year ago or so, it aged like a fine glass of milk. Action scenes are very bad, costumes and villians are laughable.

BUT its was a greatly executed assebmly film that proved shared cinematic universe and cossover films can work.

Avengers > Weekend at Ultron's > Civil ''''War'''''
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.