/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The lazy evil stupid fly-over states want their jeerrrrrbs!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 31

File: IMG_9201.jpg (977KB, 1491x2292px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9201.jpg
977KB, 1491x2292px
>The lazy evil stupid fly-over states want their jeerrrrrbs!
>Hydra will make America Great Again!
>Hydra wants to put the minorities into camps!
>FAKE NEWS!!!!
>Former black leader is disappointed

What did Spencer mean by this?

And how did Spencer forget to add two scoops to the SUBTLE story??
>>
>>92918949
What's "two scoops" mean?
>>
>And how did Spencer forget to add two scoops to the SUBTLE story??
The comics are made two or three months ahead of time, usually. Give it a few issues.
>>
>>92919057
Pie ala Mode was served at a White House dinner a while back, and Trump asked for an extra scoop of ice cream with his.
So, John Oliver or Colbert, I can't tell the difference these days, made a fuss about it being his white male privilege or something.
>>
File: 71ifEPWuOZL._SX355_.jpg (8KB, 355x238px) Image search: [Google]
71ifEPWuOZL._SX355_.jpg
8KB, 355x238px
>>
>>92919126
whats wrong with having an extra scoop of ice cream?
>>
File: 3 scop 2 many.jpg (113KB, 622x767px) Image search: [Google]
3 scop 2 many.jpg
113KB, 622x767px
>>92919057
Donald got 2 scoops because he asked for it
Everyone else got 1
This was a news cycle and every comedian thought it was the end of the world.
>>
>>92919218
The fact that no one else there got it, I suppose.
>>
>>92919218
Trump had it.

That automatically makes it evil.
>>
>>92919218
>What's wrong with be a Lard-lord?
>>
>>92919237
>>92919235
did they ask for an extra scoop?
I'm sure they would have gotten one if they asked this is stupid
>>
>>92919235
More like everyone was laughing at how much of a manbaby Trump is.
>>
>>92918949
Flyover states are legitimate shit though
>>
>>92919218
This. I mean, even if you hate Trump, you don't have to hate every action he does.

I mean, Hitler was a vegan and loved animals and Disney. Does that mean we should hate all vegans, puppies, and Disney's Snow White?

Should we stop breathing air since Trump and Hitler did it?
>>
>>92919218

It's indicative of how much of a fat-fuck Trump is. I don't even hate all of his policies, but I can't stand to look at him. He's a grim, living reminder of how disgusting this country can be. And the worst part is that he's always got a big dumb smile on his face like he's proud of how fat he is. Forget making America great again. I just want us to be thin and healthy again.
>>
>>92919235
it was forgotten a day later by everyone but /pol/
>>
>>92919278
you should hate vegans regardless
>>
File: 1473754602141.jpg (7KB, 346x117px) Image search: [Google]
1473754602141.jpg
7KB, 346x117px
>>92919252
>this is stupid
Exactly why the left thinks it's a big deal and why it's become a meme.
>>
>>92919308
The left doesn't think it's a big deal though. I live in SF and I literally never heard anyone talking about two scoops or whatever. The reaction has been entirely on the part of the right being incensed that people are making fun of Trump for his shitty dietary choices.
>>
>random black guy is butthurt people trust captain america and that they are happy to see measures being taken to keep space alien invaders from killing them

Why is it this guy keeps painting hydra as the good guys and his main characters are entitled douchebags?
>>
File: Scoop.jpg (62KB, 600x670px) Image search: [Google]
Scoop.jpg
62KB, 600x670px
>>92919302
Not really. CNN was running a cycle for a week about scoopgate. They even brought in experts in on how it makes the country look bad because he asked for a extra scoop.
>>
>>92919308
because it's actually funny that the president got two scoops while everyone else got one.
>>
>>92918949
When will Spencer (or Marvel)?learn that no one likes Sam Wilson as Captain America. His book is selling at 25K. Maybe if we had a different writer like Remender or Duggan, he could be okay. But since it's already been leaked that Spencer is still on Captain America (for some reason) it's kinda pointless.
>>
>>92919355
The left doesn't think it was a big deal.

it was all the right being incensed by the big deal the left made of it, which they totally didn't anyway.
>>
>>92919472
Going by solicitations, the Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson books will fuse into a single Captain America book in issue 25. No idea what happens after that.
>>
>>92919409
>CNN was running a cycle for a week about scoopgate. They even brought in experts in on how it makes the country look bad because he asked for a extra scoop.

What the shit is this nonsense?

Yea they may have had a puff piece about it in an attempt to fill 24 hours of continual news programming but I'm pretty sure the news cycle is pretty full with the President of the United States being at the center of a criminal investigation and the daily world changing events stemming from the White House

>>>/tv/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>92919492
Not to mention right now the entire world is facepalming at Trump's disastrous foreign trip and his withdrawal from the Paris Agreement.
Most conservatives don't seem to realize just how badly Trump is damaging America's reputation and leadership position abroad.
>>
>>92919483
They didn't make a big deal of it though. It was one news story that lasted about a solid day, and the ice cream thing wasn't even the biggest part of it. The colbertposters from /pol/ just ran with it.
>>
File: 1489766381692.jpg (198KB, 1200x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1489766381692.jpg
198KB, 1200x1195px
This is a challenge: Someone find and post the 2 Scoops bit from Colbert.

At the end of a monologue he says something like "Oh and Trump had guests at the White House and served desert. He got two scoops why everyone else got one! Guess the big boy gets two scoops! We have a great show tonight the first guest is...."

That is literally it. One stupid fucking offhand joke at the end of a monologue. Mega triggered alt-right /pol/ pussy Colbertposting is a literal fake meme.
>>
>>92919727

Yeah, I was wondering if there was something more I missed. But it really was just an off-hand remark that barely even felt like a punchline.
>>
Why are people surprised that Captain America issues deal with America?
>>
File: Englehart Nixon.png (2MB, 636x625px) Image search: [Google]
Englehart Nixon.png
2MB, 636x625px
>>92919804

No clue.
>>
>>92919296
If Obama and his wife tried and failed maybe people looking at how fat Trump is will get them to be more leaner and healthier.
>>
>>92919278
On the one hand, I agree that it's stupid to hate every single thing Trump does, since a lot of them are unimportant. On the other hand, that's exactly what the republicans did to Obama, and look where it got them.
>>
>>92918949
The funny thing is that, unless Hydra Cap was making a public ass of himself to the degree Trump was I know plenty of Mexicans in California who would say shit like this.

Jobs and the idea of security unless its truly oppressive is a universal want.
>>
>>92919727
Plus the CNN report.

And The Independent

And Buzzfeed.
>>
>>92918949
>The pattern on that guy's shirt

Just awful
>>
>>92919926
>Jobs and the idea of security unless its truly oppressive is a universal want.
>unless its truly oppressive

Hint: that's the part people are taking issue with.
>>
>>92919308
I work in the arts and live in Toronto. This is the first I've heard of this aside from right wingers memeing online.
>>
>>92920046
Okay who is getting rounded up?
>>
>>92919727
so its just /pol/ sperging over fucking nothing. Again.
>>
>>92918949
Isn't this literally the second arc of the ongoing JLA?
>>
>>92919472
He's not Captain America anymore, though.
>>
>>92920073
Mutants. Its right there in OP's pic.
>>
>>92920073
Inhumans and Mutants. Political dissidents have also been dissappeared.
>>
>>92920115
Has it ever been addressed how the various religious minorities feel about mutants?

Cause my mom would stab the fuck out of nightcrawler if he just popped up out of nowhere.

>>92920160
So not everyday citizens? And I'm guess the latter was done quiet?
>>
File: 1 - 2.jpg (198KB, 500x953px) Image search: [Google]
1 - 2.jpg
198KB, 500x953px
>>92919057
>>92919235
>>92919409
>>
>>92920171
Rick Jones was killed by a firing squad in issue #1 and in CA:SR #17 Sally Floyd ("Why dont you know Myspace?" Woman from CW1) was taken away in the middle of a TV interview with Cap, hidden by a 'Technical Difficulties' interuption. They're trying to be covert about it but everyone with a brain (so admittedly 5% of Marvel Universe citizens) could figure out its happening.
>>
>>92920268
That's fucking covert?
>>
>>92919727
CNN did a fucking video on the thing, and you're blaming /pol/?
>>
>>92920297

Right-wing covert. So overt, but they cry about "liberal hysteria" when they point out something fishy is going on.
>>
>>92920390
/co/mblr has manic episodes if they can't blame their boogeyman at least once a thread.
>>
>>92920404
So the writer is a fucking idiot?
>>
>>92920498
Yes.
>>
>>92920498

Seems pretty true to life. Just look at Bush and Guantanamo Bay.
>>
>>92920111
He will be. Spencer is setting him up to pick up the shield and fight Steve. Thus proving he is the "REAL" Captain America. Until Legacy happens and makes Steve still Cap and Sam having to share.
>>
>>92920160
Also they blew up Las Vegas
>>
>>92920550
Guantanamo Bay isn't shooting people live on television and ripping reporters live on air.

>>92920577
Seriously?
>>
>>92920633
Yup, they blew up Las Vegas because they were helping the underground. Sally Floyd was arrested because she asked about it even though she was told that was the only question that was off-limits.
>>
>>92920657
This whole even is badly written to the point of being painful isn't it.
>>
>>92920704
>badly written
At least Steve gives Sally Floyd one of the biggest burns of all time.
>>
>>92920704
I personally think it's well done but I can understand why others wouldn't see it that way.
>>
God, this thread is full of blind liberals. Shit like OP's pic is what makes conservatives hate liberals.
>>
>>92920814

Nothing makes conservatives angrier than showing them the truth.
>>
>>92918949
>get presented with facts
>chimp out and leave

are they trying to make the nazis look right
>>
>>92920814
Sorry to burst your bubble anon, but the OP's pic is showing how countries all over the world throughout all of history have turned into dictatorships.
Dictator takes power, promises to help the people, and does things that will get the people (or at least, enough of the people to matter) on his side so that they'll side with him, hate whoever he wants them to hate and overlook everything else.
The communists do it, the fascists do it, the islamists do it...
If all you see when you see the OP is "Trump", that's on you. Writers did stories about fascism before Trump (in fact, this whole story was planned before Trump) and they'll continue to do so after he's gone.
>>
>>92920882
The fact that you're convinced this shit is "the truth" is probably why you spent 1 billion dollars on a candidate with the backing of every foreign leader of importance on Earth and still lost to a reality TV star and the worst Republican party since...well, ever.
>>
>>92920984

Given all the foreign money Trump has received I honestly thought you were talking about Trump up until that last bit.
>>
>>92920918
What facts? Since when is Hydra not a fascist terorist organization?
I guess it's true that Cap got rid of the mutants, by deporting a bunch of American citizens.
>>
>>92919977
CNN reported on "covfefe" So yea.
>>
>>92921044

I loved how people were trying to pretend like Trump was speaking Arabic. Like he'd ever do that. His base would eat him alive.
>>
>>92920115
Happens so often its really overlooked.

"Oh its time for the Mutant Roundup?"

"The one back in '92 was a real treat."
>>
>>92920963
No. I'm talking about painting all the conservatives in a bad light through all the comics. And Spencer does it without any subtlety throughout any of his comics. Hell, Superior Foes had characters shitting on conservatives and that wasn't even a slightly political book. It's very alienating to part of the fan base and also rather obnoxious. The left always attacks the right, but the right only ever retaliates against the left when attacked. You don't see the conservative comic writers making liberals the enemy in their books, but the liberals always do.
>>
>>92921082
>His base would eat him alive.
I doubt it. Trump's base are too far gone at this point. They're too emotionally invested in Trump at this point and hate liberals too much to ever admit that Trump is a disaster.
If Obama had taken a picture with the Saudi King holding a glowing orb of the world I guarantee you that Alex Jones and Hannity would have had heart attacks.
Trump is immune to all scandals. Only people that already hate him care.
>>
File: trump-western-wall-1495463249.jpg (583KB, 3840x2560px) Image search: [Google]
trump-western-wall-1495463249.jpg
583KB, 3840x2560px
>>92921082
>His base would eat him alive

His base would never eat him alive. He has reneged or flip-flopped on just about every stance he's taken. Trump base is the most cucked of anyone.
>>
>>92919554
The difference being, America doesn't care what anyone else thinks of us. Try sucking less, and then we might value your input.
>>
File: Liberality for All.jpg (523KB, 2092x3156px) Image search: [Google]
Liberality for All.jpg
523KB, 2092x3156px
>>92921136
>You don't see the conservative comic writers making liberals the enemy in their books, but the liberals always do.
To be fair, that's mostly because there aren't very many conservative comic book writers period. If there were more we would see more.
>>
>>92919850
Obama had the majority of media narrative on his side for almost every decision he made. Even if he did something sketchy they gave him the benefit of the doubt despite being Democrat black Bush. Trump is a whiny ass, but every fucking day it's like he bombed thirty orphans for not enjoying getting a golden shower from most mainstream media sources. Like you can get pissed about him bombing a city or pulling out of the Green Energy BS in Paris if you're sucking the Anti-nuclear lobbies dick.
>>
File: 1496414495512.jpg (112KB, 710x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496414495512.jpg
112KB, 710x960px
>>92919554

Shill shill shill shill!
Shill Nye the scoiance-
>>
>>92921136
>The left always attacks the right, but the right only ever retaliates against the left when attacked
You can't be serious. The right attacks the left all the damn time. Both sides attack each other, don't try and claim some kind of moral high ground here.
>>
>>92919554
His Middle East jaunt was damn fine.

Eurotrash (Mainly France and Germany) all acted as expected when he got there. So fuck them.
>>
>>92921312
So you think that Saudi Arabia deserves more respect than Europe, got it.
>>
>>92921136

Are you kidding me? The right is DEFINED by attacking liberals. Seriously. Their politics are only reactions to liberal stances. They take no proactive stances of their own. Say what you will about "SJWs" or whatever, but I'd take them over people who don't even have beliefs.
>>
>>92921231
>America doesn't care what anyone else thinks of us
China will be very happy to hear that.
>>
>>92921337
Saudis gave and then got.

France and Germany leaders acted like trash and so they get trash.

That's how it goes.
>>
>>92920963
HOPE
AND
CHANGE
BROTHER!!!!!
>>
>64 scoops
>32 scoops
>16 scoops
>8 scoops
>4 scoops
>2 scoops
>1 scoop
>½ scoop
>¼ scoop
>the fake waffle cone
>>
>>92921360
Pretty much. For the past 8 years, the Republican Party platform was FUCK OBAMA. Now that they're in power, they have a hard time actually doing things. They ranted about Obamacare for years, but now they don't know what to do about healthcare because they never had a plan.
Trump has mostly relied on executive orders despite having Congress and the Senate. His only real legislative achievement was getting a Supreme Court Justice, but that might as well be a participation trophy. He's not much of a deal-maker.
>>
>>92920115
>>92920160
>mutants

Oh no! the unchecked people that can kill hundreds or even end all life on the planet when they turn 15? HOW DARE PEOPLE WANT TO KEEP THEM IN CHECK
>>
>>92921150
TWO
SPOOPS
>>
>>92921374
>France and Germany leaders acted like trash
How? Did they hurt Trump's fee fees?
>>
>>92921361
China can feel whatever the hell it wants.
We'll be sitting over here, continuing to be the most powerful nation on the planet.
>>
>>92921235
Conservatives are legitimately pushed out of most creative industries. Most kids I knew who did play theatre in college were either gay, "gay", liberal, or a repressed conservative. Like not even the moderate right like barely more than Center right and you'd get a stage manager to fight you on every issue. I got in a conversation on Unit 731 and how the Japanese knowingly weaponized the fucking plague to kill the Chinese and then got into an arguement with half the production team about how the Americans did everything worse despite not knowing dick about bacteria or germ warfare and how the Smallpox blankets was a British general not giving two shits.
>>
>>92921560
>continuing to be the most powerful nation on the planet.
For now.
If America renounces its leadership position and stops being a reliable partner, other countries will move away from America and start relying more on China and others.
You don't seem to realize that America depends on the global economy to be number one, and that global economy depends on its alliances.
>>
>>92921041
>Since when is Hydra not a fascist terorist organization?
Before Strucker got his hands on it back in the 40s
>>
>>92921560

Jesus dude get your head out of the sand. What about isolationism and saying fuck the world helps your maintain status as a superpower? Three decades from now China is gonna be selling the entire planet renewable energy.

America letting Trump make decisions on the international stage is tantamount to the British Empire burning its on navy.
>>
>>92921610
>leadership position
That's a funny way of phrasing "source of all gibmedats".
>>
>>92919838
Why does everyone act like Nixon was horrible? He was pretty good. The tapes showed he thought Jews were fucked up. Is it like everyone believed their hippy teacher and Futurama? Fucking Carter is the jackass who builds houses to make sure no one brings his shit wagon up.
>>
>>92921609
Do you really think they're pushed out? Or is it perhaps that creative industries attract liberals more and don't interest conservatives as much?
Also, keep in mind, most big creative jobs are found in cities, where most people tend to be liberal.
>>
>>92921736
Did you actually read his post? Because you just proved there is such a thing as a dumb question.
>>
>>92921297
>>92921360
>>92921438
First off, I don't like Trump,. Trump isn't even a real conservative. He's more in the style of a european nationalist.
If we had a real conservative President, Obama care would have been repealed and not just replaced with a watered down version. God I wish Paul or Cruz got the nomination.
But yes, the left attacks the right more so.

Let's give an example. The gay cake. I don't want to bake your gay wedding cake because of my religion, so instead of finding a different baker, you sue me. Or the Burrito shop... Two white girls open a Mexican food restaurant, so we better bully them out of business for cultural appropriation..

Meanwhile, conservatives are evil because they want smaller scale government, reducing the welfare state and stronger boarder security.
>>
>>92921724
Nixon will be forever defined by Watergate, regardless of his achievement and good he has done, just like no one remembers LBJ reforming education or Elliot Spitzer legislating Wall Street
>>
>>92921763
I did, just because he once got into an argument about war crimes doesn't mean there is a conspiracy to keep conservatives out of the entertainment business.
>>
File: 1491226397143.png (83KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1491226397143.png
83KB, 550x550px
>>92921136
>>92921235
>>92921609
>>92920814
>>92920882
>>92920984
you all go to /pol/, this is not place for politics.
>>
>>92921724
Look dude, you obviously feel really strongly about your opinion, but you're just flat out wrong.
>>
>>92921772
>>conservatives are evil because they want smaller scale government
>implying conservatives don't want an overwhelming powerful central government that bases all laws and legal decisions on a 2000 year old book of Jew fairy tales
Lol what a dumb faggot
>>
>>92921687
>America letting Trump make decisions on the international stage is tantamount to the British Empire burning its on navy.

How so?

If he's pissing off Merkel, then he's doing good.
>>
>>92921724
>Why does everyone act like Nixon was horrible

Because Watergate was a disgrace to the country and a complete betrayal of the American people and the office of the Presidency.

I think it's sad that your standards for commander-in-chief are so low.
>>
File: 1494719079528.jpg (63KB, 680x451px) Image search: [Google]
1494719079528.jpg
63KB, 680x451px
>>92921840
>>
>>92921291
Now this is shitposting.
>>
>>92921772
I don't think you're evil. I just don't think you realize how helpful those programs are and how many peoople, including Trump voters, would be hurt if they're cut.
I don't mind stronger border security, I just think that the Wall is fucking stupid and a waste of money.

>>92921774
I remember that Nixon founded the EPA, quite ironic.
>>
>>92921887
>If he's pissing off Merkel, then he's doing good.

There is simply no response to this compelte nonsense. We're talking about the President of the United States, not shitposting on /b/.
>>
>>92921736
Honestly yes. Humanities and a lot of the arts have gone to trash since the Young Hippy generation made a move on universities. I'm a not conspiracy theorist, but Liberals actually made a fucking push to control universities. They attract more liberals because most arts programs have been vastly liberal controlled for decades. A good amount of art history professors are semi-conservative, but that's mainly due to history professors being mildly conservative by nature of comparing and contrasting present works and how people used to study art.
>>
>>92921374
Yes, Saudi Arabia sucked Trump's dick, but what exactly did European leaders do wrong?
>>
>people actually think that america can continue being a superpower if we isolate ourselves from the rest of the world
>>
>>92921906
He also reformed welfare.
>>
>>92921887
>If he's pissing off Merkel, then he's doing good.
Seriously? That's the standard by which you decide if something is good?
Keep in mind tha Trump is making Putin and Saudi Arabia happy. Do you think that's good?
>>
>>92919057
It's /tv/ being autistic again
>>
File: 1494806299528s.jpg (4KB, 250x108px) Image search: [Google]
1494806299528s.jpg
4KB, 250x108px
>>
>>92921943

No, we're talking about the leader of Germany, who is trying to destroy her country as quickly as possible.

These are the kind of people Trump SHOULD be pissing off.
>>
>another author's mouthpiece on political issues
when will Marval learn this doesn't sell
they been doing this socio-political commentaries as comic books and that's why their sales have been dropping. check nu-x man, nu-ms marvel and captain America
all while DC rapes Marvel in Comic sales because they actually focus on their heroes. people read comics to escape reality not be reminded of it
>>
>>92921956
Many Americans, especially conservatives, spend their entire lives in America aside from occasional vacations, hardly anyone bothes learning a second language. Their worldview is pretty insular, they don't realize that without the rest of the world they wouldn't be where they are right now.
>>
>>92921609
Is the Japanese thing a leftist issue? I'm pretty fucking liberal and I still know the Japs were monsters in WWII, even worse than the Nazis.
>>
>>92922027
>leader of Germany, who is trying to destroy her country as quickly as possible.

You're not on /pol/ or /tv/ or reddit safe spaces anon, no one is gonna take this nonsense seriously.
>>
>>92922027

Don't you think geopolitics are a little more complicated than "I don't like how this guy is running his country so fuck him and his entire country"?
>>
>>92921982
Obviously that is good, Putin anyways, those meddling Saudis can fuck off
We have been at Russia's throat for nearly 40 year and then the last eight years with Barry.
Making peace and improving relationships with our main rival is an important step to world peace, why don't you like world peace?
>>
>>92918949
So does black guy actually have an argument beyond "ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?" repeated over and over?

I mean, even if he has legitimate gripes against HYDRA (which I'm sure he does), acting like a petulant child who throws a tantrum when someone supports a group he doesn't like just makes him look like a little bitch.
>>
>>92921041
>jobs are good
>alien attacks are bad
>Captain America has a track record of being a trustworthy, patriotic American
>>
>>92921763
Fucker this was at a college. I was discussing it outside of the play and got ambushed about how he shouldn't have nuked the Japanese, how Bush was a war criminal, how Americans should give up Alaska to the natives, and how Ladybird Johnson wasn't the Cheney of her day.
>>
>>92922088
>It's Hydra
Should be argument enough, it's like Americans suddenly being fine with Al-Qaeda ruling the nation.
>>
>>92922082
Not when your policies are so disastrously awful that you're ruining an entire continent.

Germany shouldn't even be allowed to exist at this point.
>>
>>92921278
>but every fucking day it's like he bombed thirty orphans for not enjoying getting a golden shower from most mainstream media sources

Because the administration keeps proving to be entirely out of touch and inept at their job. Trump himself keeps getting caught lying about shit every goddamn week. Or he's attacking people by making outrageous conspiracy claims that he can't prove, making himself look like a tinfoil wearing nutjob. Then there's the ever increasing evidence of his administration and campaign staff lied about their ties to Russia, such as the entire mess with Flynn and now Kushner failing to disclose any of his contacts when applying for his security clearance. Speak nothing of the stupidity of how Kushner tried to set up a secret back-channel at a Russian diolomatic compound. And atop of that he's making stupid policy decisions that are super unpopular, like pulling out of the Paris accord.

But sure, Donald has done nothing to warrant the constant attention and criticism from the media. It's all fake news libtard propaganda. Just like a Captain America Hydra storyline that was in the works over a year before the Republicans won the elections.
>>
>>92922035

Americans actually think that America is a superpower just because it just so happens that America is the best and other countries had nothing to do with it? They think that America will survive if other countries stop trading with them and they'll just magically get money and resources out of thin air?
>>
>>92922062
you need to go to youtube, they talk about it.
>>
anyone got that one Redskull page where he's supposed to be the bad guy but everything he said is correct
>>
File: bandera-nazi-940x612.jpg (85KB, 940x612px) Image search: [Google]
bandera-nazi-940x612.jpg
85KB, 940x612px
why the hell the mods don't send this thread to /pol/?
>>
>>92922128

So you don't think a good relationship with Germany would be beneficial for America? Why not?
>>
>>92922085
As a conservative, you should be ashamed of supporting Putin so enthusiastically.
I do want world peace, but sucking Putin's dick and letting him do whatever he wants isn't going to bring world peace and it isn't in America's best interests.
Having good relations with Europe and other actually reliable allies is in America's best interests, and Trump fucks those up because he only respects dictators.
>>
>>92922134
This level of projecting is honestly disturbing.
>>
File: 1494204177916.jpg (204KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494204177916.jpg
204KB, 768x1024px
>>92922177
>>
It's even more hilarious because DC's next big event, Doomsday Clock, is about how the rise of extremism and the need to restore civil discourse. So Secret Empire being as petty and narrow-minded as possible is going to make it getting blown the fuck out in terms of sales absolutely delicious.

>>92922196

Right now? I don't think Germany is pursuing policy that would be beneficial to us. They're more than welcome to go off and do their own thing, but I'd prefer if we not went in their direction.
>>
>>92921772
those two girls were basically gleefully bragging about going and stealing recipes from Mexico and then profiting on them in the US.
>>
>>92922121
Pretty sure cap being the poster boy is helping speed everybody along
>>
>>92922177

I thought the point was that bad things could sound attractive as long as they're said by a good speaker. After all, Hitler was elected, he was obviously able to convince people that he was a good guy that just wanted to help Germany.
>>
File: Flag-Smasher.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Flag-Smasher.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>92922177
>>92922222
Funny how you people love bringing up that page but ignore this one.
>>
>>92922214
>projection
He literally just listed known facts.
>>
>>92922243
>I don't think Germany is pursuing policy that would be beneficial to us
Why not? I assume the only thing a /pol/ack like you cares about is their immigration issues. Why should that be of any concern to America? It doesn't affect trade deals or anything at all, it's an internal affair.
Why do you think that Russia is beneficial but not the EU? What does Russia have to offer?
>>
>>92922196
Why? So they can try to flood our country with Islamists as well?
>>
>>92922270

Because Spencer presumably thinks that Flag-Smasher's motivations are entirely pure, and would support his rhetoric up until the part with the bombs and the kidnapping. Spencer personally see's Red Skull's rhetoric as unacceptable in its own right.
>>
File: Raisin_Bran.jpg (12KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
Raisin_Bran.jpg
12KB, 360x270px
>>92919057
It's always a good day with two scoops of raisins, anon
>>
>>92922214

Are these just words from your bag that you impulsively post when confronted with information you have no argument against?

Your post doesn't even make sense. What projecting?
>>
>>92922038
It's just bad experiences from a Theatre class in college. The stage manager fucking hated me for saying that I was against abortion when he went on his daily fucking tirade about the world.

I'm not really explaining why I think and feel this way very well, but it stems from my observations in helping build sets for plays in Highschool and College. You could expose any belief as long as it wasn't Conservative. I got in literal fights with people about birth tourism and the 2nd amendment. I should say that most of the fights were people doing shit behind my back and other Tom fuckery
>>
>>92922334
Spencer isn't a left-winger that wants open borders. He also hates the SJW movements and rants about millenials all the time.
>>
>>92922211
>American Conservatism
if u mean a literal joke then correct
>sucking Putin's dick
but he isn't, he's trying to friendly up to Russia, Putin haven't done anything since his inauguration. Currently the only thing he's done is support Assad in Syria. That's all he's done.
Why would we want to help Europe if the main reason for our aggression towards Russia post the fall of the Soviet Union was European fears. Even after the fall, Europe enforce heavy sanctions on Russia, actively provoking Russia.
Russia is barely a world power yet they're still being treated as the Soviet Union. China on the other hands is a major threat to American interests.
Avoiding the problem and focusing on old feuds and rivalries is not in our best interests
>>
>>92922321
>What does Russia have to offer?
Gas
>>
>>92922356
>haha trump with his crazy conspiracy theories
literally in the same post
>AHHHH RUSSIANS
>>
>>92922361
See, I agree with you that liberals can be cunts about these things, especially in a majority, but I don't think there's a concentrated conspiracy afoot here. Liberals just tend to get really emotional about these issues, which is bad for dissenters if they have the support of the majority, driving away conservatives, which solidifies the echo chamber and makes the arts ever more radicalized. It's more of a vicious cycle than anything.
>>
>>92922269
Hitler was a very good speaker, iirc.
>>
>>92919278
>hate
I hate parroting what my alt right "friend" says but

>is this the narrative that you guys are paid to follow?

they were comedians. They're making a joke about trump getting 2 scoops while everybody else got 1. I dont understand why pol keeps trying to paint all the comedians mad at this. Actually, why are they even a thing thats talked about on pol now? Everyone ignored them back then. Is it because trump mentioned colbert in some interview/tweet a couple of weeks ago?

Good job being drones
>>
>>92922422
1. That would be hypocrisy, not projecting.
2. Unlike most of Trump's claims, the claim of Trump's team, if not the man himself, colluding with Russia, has a strong basis in evidence.
>>
File: 1494090446403.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494090446403.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>92922222
YFW liberals are so out of touch with down to earth 'fly-by-states' types they make a literal nazi villain sound like a hero because their own stance is so anti American
>>
>>92922321

I think the Paris Accords and general environmental regulations are another matter that I disagree with, and I doubt Merkel is going to be pushing for more protectionist trade. Likewise, her pressure on international social networks like facebook and twitter to adopt a more controlled speech environment is unacceptable. Her plans to penalize Poland and Hungary for their own immigration policies are likewise obnoxious, since it shows that she is committed to increasing open third-world immigration across the globe, and that she may use trade deals to try and meddle in our immigration-related affairs.

Also, I haven't even said anything about Russia. I have little to no concern for them, since they don't seem to conflict with the US too much outside of the Syrian conflict.

>>92922452

>I dont understand why pol keeps trying to paint all the comedians mad at this.

Because we find it funny.

>>92922459

>2. Unlike most of Trump's claims, the claim of Trump's team, if not the man himself, colluding with Russia, has a strong basis in evidence.

Yet not enough evidence to warrant prosecution, it seems. Hell, we don't even have concrete, beyond-a-shadow-of-a-doubt evidence that Russia meaningfully interfered in the election, all we have is hearsay.
>>
>>92922467

Or "Right-wingers are so used to swallowing this rhetoric that they literally cannot see how full of shit Red Skull is." If BAFFLES me that alt-righters take what Red Skull is saying at face value.
>>
>>92921948
They didn't suck Trump's dick. That's disrespectful. If it was Obama, then they gladly would have given him a reach-around.
>>
File: 1494204287276.jpg (2MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
1494204287276.jpg
2MB, 1920x2951px
>>92922270
nationalism is not bad, actually is very good in difficult times but today all world believe that is necessary because we live on good times. early or late we going to need again the nationalism.
>>
>>92922507
>funny
Except the guy I quoted earlier just said the left is only doing this because they "hate" trump

Twisting facts is funny now?

Oh wait, alternative facts
>>
>>92922452
Unfortunately the two scoops meme made the round on CNN, Washington Post, etc in a completely serious "here's what it means about Trump" fashion.
>>
>>92922507
>Yet not enough evidence to warrant prosecution, it seems.

Can someone explain this to me? It seems like when it comes to this Trump/Russia stuff the right wing wants us to either spill all of the evidence beforehand. Or they think that if there IS evidence, that no investigation or trial would take place. What is the deal with that? We know that's not how it works, right?
>>
>>92922533
Oh, I know his motives are not pure and he has an agenda, but everything he is saying IS true.
>>
>>92920115
Actually, mutants were deported. They were given Oregon and parts of Northern California to start their own country with all American mutants getting shipped off to said country and a promise that Hydra would leave them alone for a few years to get established before inevitably invading.

It's the inhumans that are getting rounded up and put into camps.
>>
>>92922550
That page you posted has nothing to do with nationalism
>>
File: 1495498755202.jpg (32KB, 236x348px) Image search: [Google]
1495498755202.jpg
32KB, 236x348px
>>92922533
read this story about rape of this girl and tell me that red skull is not good about immigrants.
>>
>>92922624

But only half-true. And definitely not without bias. Which is why it's rhetoric, and not fact. Do you think that Red Skull has any interest in pointing out the fact that this refugee problem is one of our own making? Hell no.
>>
>>92922467
What makes the fly-by states so "American"?
>>
File: 1494104992164.jpg (172KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494104992164.jpg
172KB, 678x960px
>>92922655
sorry, this is the image.
>>
>>92922377
Does that means he's always on /pol/?
>>
>>92922720
No, he's always on Twitter though.
>>
>>92922507
>Yet not enough evidence to warrant prosecution, it seems.

Because the investigations are still ongoing. If you really had nothing to hide, why do we keep finding evidence that people around Trump have kept lying about not having any contacts with the Russians? Actively trying to hide shit just makes you look more guilty, Trump himself was saying this about Hillary and her emails, yet now he's doing the same damn thing.

If the meetings with Russians in secret were one or two isolated incidents that someone just had overlooked when making official statements about the matter, it would be one thing, but it's literally several people with multiple contacts and meetings, all which were not disclosed, even when these people were applying security clearances where you are required to admit these things. And that was before the lates scoop about Kushner's back-channel idiocy. Sure, being an idiot government official that basically gives a foreign power the opportunity and tools to blackmail you technically is not illegal but that shit should have had his security clearance revoked immediately when it was revealed to the public.
>>
>>92919727
If he decorated that cake himself, I am legit impressed.
>>
>>92919277
Keep believing this please.
>>
>>92922550
Why is Red Skull so right?
>>
>>92921956
Being a Super Power has destroyed us as a nation. Every year the rest of the world pumps its refuse into our country dilluting the populace and destroying unity.
If it takes giving up power to make us united again, enjoy having China as your boss.
>>
>>92918949
>FAKE NEWS!!!!

This is the thing that irks me so much. There's been a running theme in marvel of the media purposely misconstruing information to make heroes look bad for decades.
>>
>>92922662
Was Red Skull referring to immigration in general?
>>
>>92922662
She was lucky to be so culturally enriched.
>>
>>92923003
Moreso xenophobia. Doesn't matter if they were born here, they're not "true" Americans.
>>
>>92922967
>If it takes giving up power to make us united again, enjoy having China as your boss.
Giving up power won't make America more united. It would be a crushing blow to the conservative movement since it would destroy the very premise of American exceptionalism.
>>
>>92922708
American = White
>>
>>92923060
And then people wonder why some liberals call conservatives racist.
>>
>>92922194
Because comics have literally become political propaganda?
>>
>>92923049
The American Conservative movement has been dead since Reagan gave amnesty to 3 million illegals.
What's left to conserve, you can't even keep men out of women's bathrooms.
>>
>>92922435
I don't think it's because they get emotional. I think it's to do with the ideologies associated with the left. People bring up post-modernist thought, but it isn't that because that's inherently self-destructive. It might be the communist/ socialist optimism in the left and how they use people and propaganda to fight. Ever seen Russian soviet-era propaganda? They could have actually fed their people if they spent less money and time producing it. Good intentions are there, but many act like nothing is sacred. You can attack anything and it doesn't matter it's all ammunition. It feels like they mock any belief that opposes them, no matter how genuine.
>>
>>92923048
It's just that Red Skull seems to be referring to illegal immigration and refugees, not immigration in general like WTF? seemed to be implying. Even the pic WTF? posted was referring to a specific group.
>>
>>92923108
You're half right. We had 8 years of liberal presidency due to the fact that Bush had nothing but a no child left behind act and an unnecessary war.

The conservative movement has finally started to shift away from religion and towards policy, and thats why we're seeing a renaissance.
>>
>>92919235
More like /pol/ blew a joke out of proportion because HOW DARE these comedians make fun of blah blah blah
>>
>>92919277
Safer than living urban.

Less chance of getting gunned down by some dindu.
>>
>>92923193
A renaissance of what, half your movement are actively sabotaging the other half, you can't agree on anything.
>>
>>92919367
Because Marvel doesn't understand.
>>
>>92923193
>and towards policy
What policy?
>>
>>92923228
Mmm...well I'm sure that's what you're reading in your media of choice, but they're currently enjoying a majority in every form of government in America. There's always going to be disagreements, but things are getting done.
>>
>>92923272
>but things are getting done.
Like?
>>
>>92923247
Immigration to name one. The former administration didn't really have a policy.
>>
>>92919278
It's just gloriously petty to demand that people can only have one scoop of ice cream and you get two because you're the President.
>>
>>92919554
>Not to mention right now the entire world is facepalming at Trump's disastrous foreign trip and his withdrawal from the Paris Agreement.
Call me when somebody has the balls to keep India or China to an agreement about reducing pollution. Until then the PA is nothing but a place for people to virtue signal despite not giving a shit about the issue.

If the world wants to lambaste Trump for not dealing with that hollow sentiment? Good. Let us see who actually cares.
>>
>>92923289
>Immigration
Hows that ban coming?
>>
>Why won't writers treat my viewpoint with the same respect as those damn minorities
>>
>>92923283
Getting out of the TPP and canceling the Paris agreement.
>>
>>92923289

But that's what people are saying. Conservatives are merely reactionary. That position only exists due to a perceived lack of action on the part of liberals.
>>
>>92919926
>Trump was I know plenty of Mexicans in California who would say shit like this.
Maybe they should go back to Mexico, then.
>>
>>92923303
It takes a liberal to celebrate immigration from radicalized countries. I'd stay away from any Aryana Grande concerts for a while.
>>
>>92923318
I guess we weren't specific in saying "good things" so you have a point there
>>
>>92923354
Not to good then?
>>
>>92923318
That's it?
More importantly, Trump acted on his own on those. Those majorities in "every form of government" aren't exactly doing anything.
>>
>>92921948
Took in more foreign migrants than they were prepared to deal with? Double down on that decision instead of backing off a bit when it was clear open immigration wasn't a feasible long-term policy?
>>
>>92923329
There's nothing wrong with reaction.
>>
>>92923372
I mean, do you want a list? I got places to be friend.
>>
File: election results.jpg (116KB, 506x708px) Image search: [Google]
election results.jpg
116KB, 506x708px
>>
>>92919235
Trump puts ketchup on steak
>>
>>92922971
Seriously, how many times has the news reported that Mutants are evil? Or JJJ and his insane vendetta against Spider-Man? How many of them were Skrulls? Let's not forget how they sided with Registration and locking heroes up without trial. The News Media of Marvel are dicks.
>>
>>92919727
That picture holy shit
>>
Nick Spencer is an objetively good writer writing objectively good comics, the way he pisses off both /pol/tard and tumblrites non reading casuals, and the way he finally sunk the Marvel event ship elevates him to GOAT tier.
>>
File: checklist.jpg (35KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
checklist.jpg
35KB, 520x390px
>>92923413
I got you fampai
>>
>>92923413
Feel free to leave then. I already know that Trump's only legislative "achievement" is Neil Gorsuch. He can't get Healthcare Reform and he still hasn't made any progress on tax reform.
Some Deal-maker.
>>
>>92922326

Are you retarded? How could Germany possibly force us to do that?
>>
>>92919278
>even if you hate him, you don't have to hate everything he does
Do you even know what hate is?
>>
>>92921150
>I doubt it
Trump literally posted a tweet that said "Happy Hanukkah" and hundreds of people were about ready to burn their MAGA hats. It was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>92921610
The world is fucking leeching on America and I'm glad we finally have a president telling them to stuff it up their pompous asses.

We don't need Europe, we don't buy anything important from you and you sure as hell aren't our steadfast friends. So remind me again why we pay for your defense already and you expect us to continue giving you and the third world money for no benefit to us?
>>
>>92923488
To be fair, he did refuse his salary by donating it back to the federal government.
Otherwise yeah, seems about right.
>>
>>92922967

>being a world superpower is a bad thing

American "education" strikes again
>>
>>92921452
You some kind of hateful mutophobic bigot?
>>
>>92920814
Liberals and conservatives will never not hate eachother. They're diametrically opposed on pretty much everything. You'll never get liberals to stop saying conservatives are idiots as long as they refuse to believe in things like climate change.
>>
>>92923530

Jeez anon you're right, all these years we've been giving everyone free stuff for no reason whatsoever. You're really smart, why didn't anyone realize this before?
>>
>>92923493
>made any progress on tax reform
He hasn't even submitted his plan yet.
Also hurricane season is gonna be a blast with no head of FEMA or NOAA
>>
>>92923530
>The world is fucking leeching on America
You don't seem to realize that the reverse is also true.

>So remind me again why we pay for your defense
You don't, Trump just doesn't understand how NATO works and neither do you.
>>
>>92923602
I think at this point most everyone believes in climate change, it's just most people think we have little to no impact on it.
And furthermore, even if we did, why is no one going after China for it?

China produces more CO2 than the US and Europe combined, and the rest of the world including China quadruple it.
Why would reducing CO2 emission by 1/5th at the best estimate, while completely sabotaging the West's economy, help anything?
>>
File: 1434130379591.png (465KB, 619x481px) Image search: [Google]
1434130379591.png
465KB, 619x481px
>>92923651
NATO doesn't work. At all. It's one of the most worthless and pointless organizations on the planet. Its track record is blazing failures in new fields and wasting money.
>>
>>92922459
>a strong basis in evidence.
I'd like to read those reports then, please
>>
>>92923387

But conservatives opposing immigrating is not an example of a "conservative renaissance."
>>
>>92919057
Something butthurt trumpcucks still repeat because they literally have nothing better to do than harp on about some stupid shit the rest of the world ignored or forgot about immediately.
>>
>>92922709
Sadly the next big 'bad times' event is gonna be Islam World
>>
>>92923441
He also eats pizza with a fork. That alone should have been enough to revoke his American citizenship, or at the very least, ban him entry onto the island of Manhattan for life
>>
>>92923660
And yet despite all that, China is taking huge steps to expand its production of renewable energy. They actually realize that it is in their best interest to slowly phase out fossil fuels, whereas the Trump administration insists on doubling down on them.
>>
>>92918949
>and the food here sucks anyhow
Does this seem incredibly childish to anyone else? Like if those two "evil racist bigoted" white men didn't say anything he would be eating his "sucky" food quite contently and even PAYING for it but because they voiced different opinions to his own not only did he leave "which was the right thing to do by the way) he had to have a cheap shot right before he goes by insulting the food. It's no different than saying I won't eat food if it's prepared by a black guy.
>>
>>92923290
He didn't demand everyone else have one scoop. He was just the only one that asked for an extra one. You think he would deny someone an extra scoop if they asked for one?
>>
>>92923660
>completely sabotaging the West's economy
Not true also 1/5th is a hell of a lot and would slow things down dramatically. And good luck trying to get China to agree to any sort of agreement on climate change. You act like we're just ignoring them.
>>
>>92923735

I'd compare it more to the kind of people who love a show, or movie, or celebrity right up until the point where someone says something "SJW" and then suddenly they NEVER liked it.
>>
>>92923660
>And furthermore, even if we did, why is no one going after China for it?

Uh, China is still committed to the Paris accord, unlike the US, and they are also pouring billions of dollars into revamping their energy production to be greener.
>>
>>92923293
This.

That the primary offenders won't be held to any sort of standard while America has to pay for fucking all of it is enough to drop out.
>>
>>92918949
My biggest issue with this is that only the protagonists/heroes are allowed to disagree with the strawmen, everyone else is ether hailing hydra or a victim. Osborn had a harder time when he had this plotline and he was appointed by the president.
>>
>>92923733
Coal mining gonna come back big I promise. You'll see.
>>
>>92923747
>literally forced Chris Christie to eat meat loaf when everyone else in the room got the actual menu item

Yes, I absolutely think Trump would do that.
>>
>>92923747
He refused to let Chris Christie order his own food.
>>
>>92923735
The problem is you're expecting rational thought from a liberal
>>
>>92923293
>Until then the PA is nothing but a place for people to virtue signal despite not giving a shit about the issue.
So any efforts towards lowering emissions is simply virtue signaling until all countries on board want to go to war with China? You're basically saying you'd rather have nothing.
>>
>>92923786
Can't wait for the next Big Branch.
>>
>>92923716
>Pizza with a fork
You cannot fucking come up with this shit. It's like he was conceived by god as a joke.
>>
>>92923785
>Osborn had a harder time when he had this plotline and he was appointed by the president.
No he didn't. He had the universal support of the entire media (impossible in the modern world) and government, and he didn't even need to threaten to kill or imprison them. Pretty much every civilian we saw supported Osborn, it was insane.
>>
>>92923733
China is doing it because they're literally killing themselves with smog, sure.
Here's the thing, if anyone actually cared about phasing out fossil fuels, we'd go nuclear.
>but what about a meltdown and waste
What about using reactor designs from 2010 instead of 1960 that produce almost no waste and can't even melt down?

>>92923757
>slow things down dramatically
Oh dear you actually think CO2 hurts the planet.
The last time we had high CO2 levels, which were 10 times higher than what we have now, dinosaurs roamed the earth and there was more greenery than any time in earth's history.
Also the sea levels rose 10,000 years ago even though there was a dip in CO2, flooding more than a few ancient human settlements. Were those ancients at fault for CO2 emissions, or does CO2 actually have no bearing on global warming? Could it be that we're closer to the sun than we've been in thousands of years and the sun is more active than it's been as well?

>>92923773
>china is committed to the Paris Accord
You mean a country that would receive billions of dollars in aid is for the Paris Accord? Geeze anon wow.
>>
>>92922270
This looks neat, i'd like to read more of this. Is this Steve Rogers?
>>
>>92923790
>>92923803
Pushing a recommendation on someone is different then denying them a bit of extra ice cream. I guess we'll never know if he would or not because the reporters were too pussy to ask.
>>
>>92922246
How do youeven... Is it like they were dressed as the fucking hamburglar?
>>
>>92923735
It's more like "This food was subpar but I didn't have to listen to any bullshit before but now I won't stand for it". And he didn't pay because he didn't get the food yet? Who knows. Maybe he already payed for his coffee.
>>
>>92923865
Nope, it's Sam Wilson issue 14. Feel free to skip the rest of the series.
>>
>it's a "/pol/ escapes it's containment board" episode

When will these reruns stop?
>>
>>92923926
When people stop baiting with anti right wing capeshit probably.
>>
>>92923812
Excellent point.

>"This food was subpar but I didn't have to listen to any bullshit before but now I won't stand for it"
Who the fuck pays for subpar food and eat it just because they "don't have to listen to any bullshit"? Is this an actual thing in america?
>>
>>92923884
No, he did not let Christie order his own food.
>>
File: 1462247932195.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1462247932195.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>92923863
>they're literally killing themselves with smog
And Trump plans to do the same in America if he gets his way with "muh coal" and shit.
>if anyone actually cared about phasing out fossil fuels, we'd go nuclear.
I agree but it's not happening until we get fusion viable. Which hopefully will be soon and then we'll see what Trump thinks about that. He'll be gone by then though thankfully.
>you actually think CO2 hurts the planet.
>The last time we had high CO2 levels, which were 10 times higher than what we have now, dinosaurs roamed the earth and there was more greenery than any time in earth's history.
mfw. Yeah how many humans were walking around at that time, dipshit? You realize humans couldn't even live in that environment right?
>>
>>92923863
>Were those ancients at fault for CO2 emissions, or does CO2 actually have no bearing on global warming? Could it be that we're closer to the sun than we've been in thousands of years and the sun is more active than it's been as well?

The sun is not causing the planet to heat up. CO2 absolutely has bearing on the temperature of the planet. Literally everything you just wrote is provably false.

Yes, the CO2 levels naturally rise and fall, but when the level rises to a level not seen by any human ever in just under a century, odds are we are the ones to blame
>>
>>92924004
Yeah that's not the same as someone asking for extra of what they already have. And what do you think he would do if Christie said no to the Meatloaf? Stuff it down his throat?
>>
>>92924143
I think Christie is too much of a bitch to say no, he was Trump's personal McDonalds boy after all.
>>
File: climate change.jpg (2MB, 1891x4901px) Image search: [Google]
climate change.jpg
2MB, 1891x4901px
>>92924029
Well we could, it's just that we'd be living in what amounts to a permanent global rainforest. And even then, if CO2 needs to be 10x higher to reach that point I think we're fine. It'd take us thousands of years to reach half of prehistoric levels, and we actually would run out of fossil fuels before then.

And we don't need fusion. We have reactor designs now that are more efficient, lest wasteful, and safer than any reactors around now.

Coal also isn't that dirty, not modern coal plants with their variety of filters and processing techniques. And even if it was, Trump is only wanting us to return to what we had before. China is fucked because they have dirty coal plants and use them five times more than we do, in concentrated areas.

>>92924114
Then it should be super easy to prove me wrong right?
>>
>>92923926
>>92923965

This.

We are going to put up with this until Marvel knocks it off and either stops talking about politics completely or starts being more mature about politics.

Because you can cry "/pol/!" all you want, it's never going to stop. Because of the way 4chan works.
>>
>>92924177
>And even then, if CO2 needs to be 10x higher to reach that point I think we're fine
No. Please stop. Earth is not what it was during that time at all. Where the hell do you think those rainforests are supposed to magically appear from? At the rate we're going with deforestation we will be in a far far worse position if C02 got to those levels. Worse position being widespread desertification.

>Trump is only wanting us to return to what we had before
Which is terrible
>>
>>92924208

Nobody cares. People are just pointing out that a good portion of the people complaining about how Marvel talks about politics would LOVE Marvel if Marvel spouted conservative nonsense.
>>
>>92924208
>Stops talking about politics
Comics have always talked about politics. Always. You're not stopping it and it shouldn't stop. You're just complaining now because the comics contradict your view in which case it's time to stop reading. Or make your own comics.
>>
>>92924264
>deforestation
Lol

The very idea that fluctuations in temperature are unnatural in the first place is also ridiculous.
The temperature has fluctuated to extreme degrees in the past already. And you know, maybe I'd take these threats of doom and gloom seriously if these weren't the same people who said that the East Coast would be underwater by 1972. Oh wait I mean 1984. Oh wait I mean 2000. Oh wait I mean the polar ice caps will melt by 2016. Oh wait I mean by 2050 everything will be underwater. Believe me this time I mean it.

>>92924278
Politics don't belong in fiction. I dabble in the world of imagined characters to get away from this bullshit.
Opinions are like anuses, nobody wants to see yours.
>>
>>92924171
Exactly. I don't like Trump, but he didn't actually force Christie to eat meatloaf and he didn't ban people at dinner from having an extra scoop. If someone can look at that ridiculous ice cream story and take it seriously I think they're ridiculous. It really doesn't harm his image when people try to demonize him in such an overblown and transparent way. Especially when there's way more important and legitimate lines of criticism.
>>
>>92924177
How are we going to get nuclear power when "It would be bad for our economy" because dirty fuels being phased out would remove some jobs?
>>
>>92924294
Captain America was always MURICA FUCK YEAR. but I the last time Batman got political he was gunning down japs in the Pacific.
>>
>>92924328
Nobody argues against nuclear because it would be bad for the economy, what?
>>
>>92924177
>lest wasteful

Spelling aside, how exactly is a process that creates waste we have to bury under literal mountains more efficient than the thing that powers the sun, something that only produces literally everything we enjoy on earth?
>>
>>92924364
Because the waste produced by new nuclear plant designs produces 1/10th the waste of current designs, most of which can be re refined into new power plant fuel, and the stuff that remains has a radioactive shelf life of 100 years rather than 1000.
>>
>>92924313
>The very idea that fluctuations in temperature are unnatural in the first place is also ridiculous.
I literally never said this and it's not unnatural it's just unnatural that it would change so drastically in such a short amount of time. If you want to suggest that it was because of natural earth processes or that it was a coincidence for the rise to coincide with the industrial revolution then you're going to need some big evidence or else you're an idiot for ignoring the evidence we have now.

>Politics don't belong in fiction
You are fucking retarded. Politics have to do with every single piece of media you consume. Do you like Bladerunner? Star Wars?
>>
>>92924363
Because it's not on the table. You think Trump would except something good just because it's good? Trump rejects to Paris Agreement because it would be bad for our economy despite having really any evidence for it.
>>
File: global temperatures.png (163KB, 1018x1025px) Image search: [Google]
global temperatures.png
163KB, 1018x1025px
>>92924403
>it's just unnatural that it would change so drastically in such a short amount of time

>>92924403
>do you like Bladerunner
No
>Star Wars
I used to, not anymore, no.
>>
>>92924313
Put that goal post right back where you found it, mister. Also I'd love to see your sources for all these "predictions" for when the sea would rise

Also
>politics doesnt belong in fiction
Nigga with is all of Game of Thrones? You can't keep politics, or really any aspect of the human condition out of fiction because fiction is always just a reflection of the world that produces it.
>>
>>92924313
>Politics don't belong in fiction
Stop talking about shit you know nothing about
>>
>>92924422
Do you actually know what the Paris Accord actually did, or are you just parroting people who said it's bad to back out of it even if it gives absolutely no benefits to the US, and instead forces them to cough up hundreds of billions in aid for the third world, which is not obligated by the treaty to actually abide by it at all.
Literally, cannot enforce China, India or Africa to follow the Accord. Why would we sign that deal exactly?
>>
>>92924294

Did you read the whole thing of what I said? Do I have to repeat it AGAIN?

This is something we have to live with in 4chan because of what Marvel has done lately. We can only expect this shit to end if either Marvel stops talking about Politics OR (AND DON'T YOU FUCKING IGNORE THIS "OR") they become more mature in handling politics in comics. It won't necessarily stop /pol/ completely, but it would make discourse less cancerous than it is these days.
>>
>>92924457
When politics are a backseat it's fine, when they take up the forefront that's when I get annoyed.
Also I've never bothered to get into Game of Thrones. Apparently it's heavy into real world politics? Why would you accuse me of liking real world politics shoved into fictional media immediately after I tell you I hate it?
>>
>>92924485
>Why would we sign that deal exactly?
Why should you sign a deal that, at worse, results in less pollution and therefore generalized better health for everybody?
>>
>>92924485
The agreement is to help developing countries get to a place where they COULD follow the accord. Most don't have the infrastructure or level of advancement needed for it to work. How are you going to force Africa into it when they don't have any way to get off the dirty fuels they rely on? How would you expect India to? You're asking why would you sign a deal that provides NO HARM to the US and would even make new jobs in the green industries when it would benefit the world?
>>
>>92924605
But again, why do we need to sign a deal that shafts us to do that?
We can take care of our own pollution without giving billions of dollars in aid to the third world. There's literally no benefit to the US. It's just us giving other people money.
>>
>>92924644
>make new jobs
By getting rid of existing ones, putting more regulations on companies, and raising taxes.
There's a reason the DOW increases after Trump said the Paris Accords could sniff his farts.
>>
When people say they don't want politics in comics, I think what what they really mean is "they don't want blatant propaganda telling people HOW to to think". Game of Thrones works because it takes how humans behave politically and apply that as the main basis in a fantasy story. It also allows the reader to see what kind of crapshoot world it is, even delving into the minds of what drives the political factions to think such a way. It's the difference between that and Andrew Dobson tracing a renaissance painting made by the raped artist to cope against her rapist (by drawing him getting his head cut off) and replaced the rapist with Trump.
>>
>>92924485
Because the continued viability of this planet to support life as we know it is on the line here. The US and other developed nations front the bill because THAT'S LITERALLY THE POINT. Paris was a means for all of humankind to recognize, holy shit, the planets ability to keep us alive is dangerously close to becoming compromised. If you think the US is getting screwed cause we have to help out lesser nations then you have no grasp of the brotherhood of man.

It's not about who get's the best "deal" out of this, it's about helping your neighbor and making sure our species isnt on it's way to extinction by the next century
>>
>>92924525
Why would I want comics to change just so /pol/s panties can untwist just a little bit? Sure a lot of the comics Marvel is putting out now aren't really well written in their political aspects, but it's not like those aspects are going to go away or are going to be less prevalent even if they are better written. And being "mature" with politics does not necessarily mean doing it subtly.
>>
>>92924675
Basically this.

Politics have to exist if you want to do world building, but you don't really need to model a feudal society off of modern day America and have the evil mc bad guy say things like Make Altrezia Great Again. That's a bit too on the nose and infuriating when I get enough political shitflinging as is.
>>
>>92924691
You could have just said no.
>>
>>92924673
>putting more regulations on companies
What a travesty. Companies have to abide with stricter rules that mean they can't fuck up the environment as much as they're doing now. This is how Trump thinks too. Bad for companies? Can't have that even though it fucks the people.
>>
>>92924691
> the planets ability to keep us alive is dangerously close to becoming compromised
Where have I heard this before? Oh right.

"Climate change predictions have been wrong for decades. Let’s look at some. At the first Earth Day celebration, in 1969, environmentalist Nigel Calder warned, “The threat of a new ice age must now stand alongside nuclear war as a likely source of wholesale death and misery for mankind.” C.C. Wallen of the World Meteorological Organization said, “The cooling since 1940 has been large enough and consistent enough that it will not soon be reversed.” In 1968, Professor Paul Ehrlich predicted that there would be a major food shortage in the U.S. and that “in the 1970s and 1980s hundreds of millions of people (would) starve to death.” Ehrlich forecasted that 65 million Americans would die of starvation between 1980 and 1989 and that by 1999, the U.S. population would have declined to 22.6 million. Ehrlich’s predictions about England were gloomier. He said, “If I were a gambler, I would take even money that England will not exist in the year 2000.

In 1970, Harvard University biologist George Wald predicted, “Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.” Sen. Gaylord Nelson, in Look magazine in April 1970, said that by 1995, “somewhere between 75 and 85 percent of all the species of living animals (would) be extinct.”
>>
>>92924364
Sun power requires huge amounts of surface, is heavily dependent on latitude, and panels have a limited lifespan and not reyclable. They're much more sensitve to location, so you also have transmission loss issues for any big industrial operation. In addition, it's max energy density mathematically can't support big cities with skyscrapers. And most importantly, by definition, it's no good at lighting up the night without really ineffecent power storage.

Solar is great, but it will not be the biggest part of the solution in our lifetime, barring some sparsely populated equatorial areas.

>>92924485
I don't think anybody, for or against really understands it. And I certainly don't expect a thread on /co/ to explain it, without getting deleted for being spectacularly off topic. Hint hint.
>>
>>92924717
>but you don't really need to model a feudal society off of modern day America
You don't need to but luckily there are no rules to what fiction allows and anyone can put whatever themes they want in their stories to say whatever message they want. Fuck your feelings.
>>
>>92924673
>coal miners and oil workers can't jump over to the newer more prosperous industry and use their skills in a new environment
>>
>>92924762
Sure. Wrong predictions means Ocean acidification doesn't exist and ecosystems being wiped off the planet every year don't exist.
>>
File: images.png (466KB, 779x589px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
466KB, 779x589px
>>92924788
You're confusing annoyance for hurt feelings, and confusing me for someone who uses emotions in argument to begin with.

I don't read fantasy because I want more of modern day life but with sparkles.

>>92924821
Well uh, no, most couldn't. They'd need to certify in new fields for the most part.
>>
>>92924788

Okay, enjoy your rapidly decaying civil discourse and widespread rampant political violence fostered by increasing polarization and in turn radicalization, I'm sure that'll work out great for you!

>>92924859

>Well uh, no, most couldn't.

So what do they do, then? Just curl up in a ball and die?
>>
>>92924859
>and confusing me for someone who uses emotions in argument to begin with.
No I'm not.
"That's a bit too on the nose and infuriating when I get enough political shitflinging as is."
Was that not something you said?
>>
>>92924788

I think here's another reason why Politics in comics is a shitshow. "Fuck you if you're offended, but if I'm offended, you have to listen
to me." Who decides whose voice is more worthy to listen to?

See also: Moviebob regarding South Park. He liked it up until it started making fun of people like him.
>>
>>92924859
>They'd need to certify in new fields for the most part
Wouldn't be a problem if the education they required were cheap or free even so that the lower class workers, those who typically work those jobs could move over to new and better fields.
>>
>>92924762
>people who had less resources, worse technology than today and a limited understanding of the mechanics of the issue were incorrect
>therefore we must disregard the issue

It's almost like science is a continuing process of observation, experiment and elimination of flasehoods that takes decades and only increases it's credibility as time goes on
>>
>>92924884
Me getting mad because I don't want to read more about Trump in a DC comic is using emotions in my argument? To clarify, I don't want to read about Hillary's email scandal either, it's just that Trump is thoroughly saturated at this point.
>>
>>92924909
>free college
Top laff
>>
>>92924917
Getting mad is using an emotion yes.
>>
>>92924909

Also if higher education wasn't such a blatantly classist environment and dominated by a very narrow-minded cultural elite. Do you really think a bunch of coal miners from west virginia are going to want to go to a college where they'll be looked down upon for their background and berated for insufficent woke-ness?
>>
File: 1408259371997.png (194KB, 500x574px) Image search: [Google]
1408259371997.png
194KB, 500x574px
>>92924881
>Not wanting to restruct what is allowed to be said within media is decaying discourse
>>
>>92924943
>access to higher education and knowledge should only be given to those with daddy's money or peasants that have to trap themselves in debt for their entire lives
>when the economic benefits of a more knowledgeable population are insanely more profitable than having everyone stupid
>>
>>92924902
>Who decides whose voice is more worthy to listen to?
The one making the comic.
>>
>>92924980
Sure, but I think you fail to understand what using emotions in an argument is.
Appeal to emotion is something like this >>92924691 that tries to take the moral high ground by insulting and belittling the opposition as if their opinion is insane. It contains no evidence, only calls to action and change and how we HAVE to do something.

Me saying I don't like thing because it's annoying and makes me mad isn't arguing with emotions, I'm saying I don't like thing. And the main point isn't even that it makes me mad, it's that I've seen it so much already. It's old news, it's immersion breaking, it's out of place and tone, and the end result is me being annoyed and angry and disinterested.
>>
>>92925001

I normally agree with letting media be a free-for-all but in the aftermath of the Berkeley brawls, I'm beginning to think that we need to reconsider this. There needs to be more of an effort to de-propaganda-ize media, or at least turn it into propaganda for recognizing your political opponents as humans who shouldn't be physically attacked on sight.
>>
>>92924997
Sure but money is the largest barrier. If it weren't an issue yeah they would all probably go to college. Then you'd get woke youths and bumpkins in the same place.
>>
>>92924763
Solar power =/= fusion power, anon. Fusion is what the sun does every second to shine. Remember Spiderman 2, when Doc Ock makes a mini sun? Same basic concept, it'd be like having your own star power your iPhone.
>>
>>92925030

Well there's that of course.

There's also the fact that a lot of people pumping this shit out at Marvel can't take criticism. They talk about how their political opponents needs to admit they are wrong and shit, but won't do the same for themselves.

For a bunch of folks that despise Trump, they act like him the most.
>>
File: 1489894591508.jpg (62KB, 750x550px) Image search: [Google]
1489894591508.jpg
62KB, 750x550px
>>92924943
>No don't remove the jobs of lower class people, they can't adapt if they're gone
>What they want to go to college? Fucking lel
>>
>>92925078
>at least turn it into propaganda for recognizing your political opponents as humans who shouldn't be physically attacked on sight.
Sure but things are incredibly politically charged right now and a lot of people are angry as hell and want to express it through media. I am all for an environment that lets everyone talk on equal footing so that we get a mutual understanding but neutering expression in comics or wherever is not the way to do it.
>>
>>92925082

You'd be surprised. I think for a lot of "bumpkins" the cultural barrier is a very real thing. The overwhelming perceived hostility that college campuses give off can in some cases override the seemingly obvious benefits of getting educated.

>>92925125

He's suggesting that decreasing the cost of admission or eliminating it is a fundamentally unworkable solution.

>>92925151

As much as I respect and understand your position, the amount of people using Captain America to justify the assault on Richard Spencer and the resulting black bloc violence that has ensued really suggests to me that comics have become an obstacle to restoring public decency, not a means.
>>
>>92925064
You're saying that it shouldn't be in comics because it makes you mad. While not a very good appeal, it's still using emotion in your argument. If you weren't you'd say something like "Kids are proven to kill their parents if exposed to this stuff in media. here are the stats to back it up."
>>
>>92925215
Again, my anger is not the main crux of my argument. My main argument goes back to how politics are anuses. If you go around showing everyone your anus, people are going to get upset, why?

Because nobody wants to fucking see your anus, lest of all your fictional anus where you're objectively correct. Except the part where you're a terrible writer and actually make the bad guys look good so then you have to make them suicide bombers further proving how bad a writer you are.
>>
>>92922578

What "evidence"? Why the fuck would he even care about Russia to begin with? I thought the narrative was that he was a egomaniac, not a gay catcher.

Christ, I used to consider myself left-leaning, but this is literal Alex Jones-tier insanity.
>>
>>92925151

Which brings us to why this shit is happening. You know what happens to anyone who presents an opinion that doesn't fall in line with far leftist views? (even as innocuous as Abortion should only be used as a last resort or even drawing cheesecake). They get harassed off twitter and even outside Twitter. No one can even make any media that criticises the follies of the far left mindset or even depict media where minorities are villains (even when the story depicts them as being villains by their own actions and believes instead of being a racist stereotype) because it's "problematic".
>>
>>92925086
Sorry. Wasn't paying attention and went to the canned response I have for solar minded hippies.
>>
>>92925201
>I think for a lot of "bumpkins" the cultural barrier is a very real thing.
Well then make community colleges for them to go to instead. Place them where they live so that they don't have to be around undesirables.

>really suggests to me that comics have become an obstacle to restoring public decency, not a means.
A similar argument was made back when the comics code got established. A psychologist said that violence in youths stemmed from violence in comics. It's not true. Captain America is a symbol that everyone uses to justify their own means. It has nothing to do with the comics themselves.
>>
>>92925272
The same is true of the right as well. The right is just as violent and vitriolic right now. They've harassed people to and sent death threats and shit to their homes. Doxxing and all that. Both sides are guilty.
>>
>>92919235
I fucking love rage Colbert.
>>
>>92925064
Appealing to emotion is literally how humans make decisions. We like to think people are rational beings but we're still operating mostly out of the lower brain. The only reason most people make any decision is if it provides an emotional benefit. For the record, I'm the anon you quoted >>92924691, and my goal was not to belittle or insult. I simply was trying to appeal to the shared nature of people in that we want a happy, pain-free existence. I'm legitimately frightened for the future of mankind, and I was just trying to make you feel the same. Not to scare you, not to make you feel dumb, not to say "HAHA, I WIN!!". I'm trying to reach you, human to human, to try and make you see this is a dire time for our species
>>
>>92925259
You said it's immersion breaking or boring to you. That's still emotion. What ruins the comics to you is not fact and true of everyone.
>>
>>92925293
Ironically enough, Evergreen, site of the current shitfest of the week was partially designed to be just that. Away from the cities. Dial your own curriculum, so you aren't locked into several years of the Western Canon.
>>
>>92925381
>brotherhood of man
>all caps
>holy shit [you dumbass]

Your argument was emotional as shit, and regardless of your intentions, that is the tone it carried. I suggest you do a bit of reading on this if you don't want to rely on such demeaning tactics to argue.

>not trying to scare me
>by crying doom and gloom
Hah, you're either lying to my face or this oblivious. I'm sorry if I can't take it seriously anymore, but they've been screaming this shit since the 70s, and I've heard it since the 80s. It doesn't scare or bother me anymore.
Same shit different color.

>>92925399
Immersion breaking is not emotional, and being bored is the lack of emotions. If you wanna get technical, we can get technical here bucko. Either way, my argument was based on logos, not emotion, because it's an objective fact that parading around politics is going to upset and turn off people who don't agree with you.
And in my case, even people who do agree with you. I am sick of the Trump bashing, because I agree with it, but what's the point in continuing it exactly except to stroke our own dicks over it?
Same with the Bush bashing, did he deserve it?
Yeah
Should it have gone on 8 years after he stopped being president? Fuck no. It's infuriatingly simple minded.
>>
>>92925260

The Russian Hypothesis is as such:

>In exchange for Donald Trump ending sanctions and ceasing involvement in Syria, Russia interfered to help him win the US elections by hacking the DNC servers and stealing e-mails that were damaging to Hillary Clinton. It also encouraged people to spread disinformation that was damaging to Clinton via online media outlets.

Now here's where it falls apart:

>Trump has not lifted any sanctions on Russia. Likewise, he has affirmed the US policy that use of chemical weapons in the civil war will be punished.

>Despite the leaked emails and the "fake news", everyone and their mother still predicted a Hillary victory, presumably even the Russians.

>Hillary's defeat was less due to leaked e-mails and "fake news" and more to her inability to properly rally the white working class and establish outreach in rural America.

>There hasn't even been sufficient, sturdy evidence confirming that Russia was behind the leaked emails or the "fake news"

Either way, it's all irrelevant. The goal is not to impeach Trump, that's never going to happen under this congress. The goal is to ideally remove certain Trump appointees (Flynn being the one success) and, more importantly, to delegitimize Trump's electoral victory so as to preserve the whig history narrative that progs religiously cling to. The idea is to convince people that no, the American people didn't choose Trump, they were merely tricked by those dastardly Russians!

>>92925293

>Well then make community colleges for them to go to instead. Place them where they live so that they don't have to be around undesirables.

Now you're talking. Though I would take it a step further and encourage colleges to make gender/ethnic studies classes optional only instead of mandatory. These classes seem to be one of the main sources for cultural friction.
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.