[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't mind me, just the single most despicable being in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 42

Don't mind me, just the single most despicable being in the entire MCU coming through.
>>
File: 1486608027242.jpg (26KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
1486608027242.jpg
26KB, 313x254px
>>92365793
>tfw "when i planted that tumor in her brain"
>>
>>92365943
My theater gasped
>>
>>92365943
He's LITERALLY the most cancerous villain in the MCU
>>
In his defense; he did do the right thing killing her.

He loved her so much, if he went back to Earth he would have stayed and forgotten about his plan/ He really had no option but to kill her for the plan to work.
>>
>>92366066
go to bed Ego
>>
>>92365793
>>92366024

I'm honestly surprised this can be considered the worst.
>>
Was it autism?
>>
>>92366066
Fuck off Ego
>>
File: 371.jpg (43KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
371.jpg
43KB, 450x450px
>believes Looking Glass' "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" may be the best song ever written
>not England Dan & John Ford Coley's "I'd Really Love to See You Tonight"

You know, the plan to conquer the universe I can almost forgive. He is a Celestial, after all, and that's sorta what these godlike beings do. You expect it, after awhile.

But his taste in music? Unforgivable.
>>
>>92366066
No he didn't. He wanted to commit galaxy-wide genocide. The right thing to do would have been to bail on that plan and stay with her.
>>
File: 3298526-01.jpg (159KB, 989x498px) Image search: [Google]
3298526-01.jpg
159KB, 989x498px
Considering we're getting the Black Order, I think Thanos intends to top whatever Mr. Living Planet had done up to that point.

Plus, y'know... the finger snap and all.
>>
>>92365793
>just the single most despicable being in the entire MCU
of course, you are talking about kid quill right?
HOLD HER FUCKING HAND HEARTLESS ASSHOLE or at least don't look disgusted
>>
>>92366014
Your theater is full of idiots.
Its only common sense that she got the tumor from fucking a space alien.
>>
What a great villain. Something I thought was missing from even my favorite MCU movies.
>>
>>92366333
Who didn't see that comin'? The only part of it that was even mildly mildly mildly unpredictable was that he gave her the cancer intentionally. Like, that was just to show he was a dickhead and deserved to be dead, in the terms of movie-making, I get that. But yeah, who didn't think "dad is an alien, mom got cancer.. those are going to revealed to be related!"
>>
Was his desire genocide? Or was genocide just a side-effect of his ambitions?
>>
>>92366191
>not England Dan & John Ford Coley's "I'd Really Love to See You Tonight"

lol

see, for everyone not getting the joke, is that both are awful 70s soft rock/yacht rock songs that are seen as equally corny from the critics and populace at large.
>>
>>92366469
Side effect.

He wanted to make everything him. Unfortunately, that does mean everything not him has to die, but upside, everything made in the process to replace it will be him!
>>
>>92366392
I feel this way as well. His motivation made sense and wasn't extremely generic, and he has a personal connection to the heroes which makes their struggle against him more compelling.

GotG continues to exceed my expectations for the other Marvel movies.

I guess anything is refreshing after they failed to utilize Ultron.
>>
>>92366014
Same
>>
I didn't think Ego was a celestial. Is that just he movies, or did I read the wrong comics?
>>
>>92366623
Not comic knowledgable but it's very likely that the movies are different. MCU has taken a lot of liberties in differing from the comics.
>>
>>92366066
dude lived for millions years can put off his gay plan for 50-60 tops to bone his space wife?

nah.
>>
>>92365943
>mfw he said that
>>
>>92365943
So does that mean the last time he saw her was around the time he got her pregnant? Or did he visit her one time after Quill was born? Because if it's the former, then that means she had to suffer for a hell of a long time.
>>
>>92366623
What are you talking about, anon? He was always a celestial body.
>>
File: Lo_Pan.png (259KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Lo_Pan.png
259KB, 300x400px
>>92365793
JACK BURTON?
>>
>>92366623
He wasn't, but they've kept adding and changing his origin that being a Celestial isn't too out of place
>>
>>92366695
True, but didn't we see a (fairly) comic accurate dead celestial in the first Guardians movie?
Was Ego just calling himself a celestial to hype himself up? Maybe he was genuinely mistaken, not realizing there were beings greater then himself?
>>
File: ego.png (117KB, 537x478px) Image search: [Google]
ego.png
117KB, 537x478px
>>92366066
this guy gets it
>>
File: 3253262-05.jpg (600KB, 1280x1949px) Image search: [Google]
3253262-05.jpg
600KB, 1280x1949px
>all-powerful cosmic being suddenly becomes aware that there is life other than him in the universe
>is overcome by the desire to seek it out and emulate it

Is this the closest we're going to see to a big screen adaptation of the Beyonder, you think? Granted, their arcs are reversals of each other- the Beyonder came from a universe where he was everything and decided he wanted to be a man, while Ego experienced life as a man, then decided he wanted to live in a universe where he was everything, but still, the characters struck me as very similar, especially in their desire to understand sentient life.
>>
>>92366066

In all fairness, if he had stayed with her he would of literally died. He has to go back to his planet to recharge. Staying on earth for too long would be a death sentence.

Although I do question why he couldn't just take her to his planet. It seems other life can survive on it just fine. He could stay near his energy source and still have his lover by his side.
>>
>>92366014
same here - I think most people saw it coming, but it still stung to hear him say that

girl two rows behind me was apparently so taken aback she dropped an entire bag of whoppers
>>
Even in terms of his own goals, his plan didn't make sense.

If your assimilating the universe because everything else is gonna fall apart eventually, it doesn't make sense to speed up the process. A being like him shouldn't have a lack of patience. Is it just because he took on the form of a lower lifeform that has the flaws of lower lifeforms?
>>
>>92366825
>Maybe he was genuinely mistaken, not realizing there were beings greater then himself?

He seemed to understand that there were beings more powerful than himself in existence. When Peter assumes Ego is all-powerful, Ego makes an important distinction.

>Peter: So you're a God?
>Ego: Well... Little 'g', son.

It seems more likely to me that Celestials in the MCU simply aren't as powerful as they are in the comics. There seems to be a cosmic hierarchy, and while the Celestials might be pretty far up there, they're still a couple of rungs down from the "big 'G'" types. In fact, the way Ego's power functioned in the movie seemed to imply that Celestials are destined to be "big fish in small pond" types- they can rule their own backyard with ease, but being limited by having to stay near their power source ensures they won't ever be all-powerful.
>>
>>92366825
We saw fucking Eson in the first movie, so comics accurate Celestials are definitely a thing in the MCU.

It could be that Ego is one, or was one, or wants to be one, or thinks he is one, or is some kinda little c celestial body instead of a Big C Celestial proper. Who knows. Any option can work, so I'm cool with it.
>>
>>92367062
>>92366699
He could've made her immortal, but she probably would oppose his plan. And in order to make her happy and have her stay he would have to give up his goal.

He really had no choice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsWlktW0kj4
>>
What happened to the other Celestials?

If he was lonely and needed help from another Celestial for his plan to work. Why not find a second Celestial he didn't fuck into existence?
>>
>>92367214
I don't think he was assimilating the universe because it was destined to fall apart eventually, it was more because he took a liking to sentient life, but saw it as a sort of imperfect "rough draft" that he needed to refine. Pointing out that the universe as it is will eventually break down was just his way of justifying total universal genocide to Peter's human sensibilities.
>>
>>92365943
Was the laughter stopping because of how hamfisted that was?
>>
Is there a clip or a pic of Sylvester Stallone's team? They looked and felt like seasoned veterans in the Ravager game, so it was pretty great.

Also, I want to hold hands with Battle Commander Ayesha.
>>
>>92366014
My mom actually called this literally years ago, I realized.
>>
>>92367324
It seemed like there were hints dropped throughout the movie that Ego isn't what he says he is and his goal wasn't we he said it was. He's likely a lesser celestial on a mad grab for power and has deluded himself into thinking it's all something greater. But there's still a question of what greater body he flaked off from in the first place.
>>
>god like being
>lol I don't understand humans
>what's wrong with committing galactic genocide?
Why are god like beings in fiction always retarded? Eons of living and your only goal is to murder everyone in the galaxy and replace all things with yourself?

Then you act surprised when your son kills you?
>>
>>92367457
The majority of them aren't like that, they just never show up in stories.
>>
>>92367393
>Is there a clip or a pic of Sylvester Stallone's team? They looked and felt like seasoned veterans in the Ravager game, so it was pretty great.
Yeah, it was cool, because I think all of those guys were part of the original Guardians of the Galaxy team that Yondu was a member of, so it was kind of nice.
>>
File: Snake.jpg (518KB, 1200x833px) Image search: [Google]
Snake.jpg
518KB, 1200x833px
>>92365793
Call me Snake
>>
>>92366014
God, I'm glad I don't have to deal with American movie theaters anymore.
>>
>>92367324
Maybe the other Celestials didn't want to loan him their power so he could proceed to make everything alive in the universe him?

I don't think "Celestial" is a specific species in the MCU. It's probably a class of beings above a certain cosmic power threshold to where they seem like gods even to civilisations like Asgard, which itself could be seen as godlike to a race like humanity.
>>
>>92367521
they are/were. Stallone is Starhawk
>>
>>92367324
>Why not find a second Celestial he didn't fuck into existence?
Maybe I'm off base here, but I think there don't seem to be Celestials around much anymore in the MCU. Gamora refers to Knowhere as the head of an "Ancient celestial being", as if they're not something that's around anymore. Ego's first memories are floating around in space as a brain or something in space, and what I take away from that is he was kind of a fragment of a Celestial that was killed before, with much of his memory lost. The collector shows a video of a celestial, and it seems like something Peter has never seen or heard of before, when he sees it. I kind of think there was some kind of war, and the Celestials were killed.
>>
>>92367613
I knew that, but who was the woman?
>>
>>92367831
Aleta.
>>
>>92366454
I imagine that was the part most people gasped at.
It was the only thing that we didn't know about that situation but it REALLY changes both Ego's character and (evidently) Peter's image of Ego.

It's the exact moment they go from a "Peter is brainwashed" moment to a "Peter fucking guns down Kurt Russell" movie.
>>
>>92367797
I get the sense that Ego is the youngest celestial and the last, if the scene of the 'giants' trying to control an infinity stone and failing and dying is any indicator.

I wager Ego was made to bare the infinity stones, and the other celestials died.
>>
Millions of years of Loneliness will drive a man insane. I actually pity Ego.
>>
>>92367267
>>92367226
Has anyone considered that Ego may have just been a particularly stupid Celestial? Like the other guys just used their Celestial powers to build giant bodies around their cores and go off doing god shit and he's the only dumb motherfucker who just gathers stuff around himself into a ball?
>>
>>92367393
she's too cute
>>
>>92367062
His human body would have died but he would have been just fine. He is the planet, it just takes planet energy to send out an avatar.
>>
>>92367831
Starhawk as a superhuman was created after the fusion of two brothers. Stallone plays the dude and the woman is Aleta, the girl.

The black guy is Charlie-27, the Iceman looking guy was Martinex, both original Guardians. The Red Lamia is Kruggar, in the comics he's the sorcerer supreme of the original guardians timeline and the robot head is, voiced by /pol/'s favourite girl Miley Cyrus, Mainframe an A. I.
>>
>>92365943
>Quill just fucking shoots the fuck out of him after that
That scene made me really happy. No sense of "but he's still my dad" or anything left over after that.
>>
>>92368852
>That scene made me really happy. No sense of "but he's still my dad" or anything left over after that.
One of the things the film got right is that the Guardians are realists. They have morals but they don't see themselves as virtuous. If they need to kill someone they will. That was why Gamora and Peter agreed, way at the start, that if Ego ended up being even that they will just kill him. This is not something you will see discussed by Earth heroes.

The difference is that the Cosmic world really doesn't have laws. You have local laws within each government territory, but what ends up happening is that bounties were the only real way to enforce your will. If you need someone captured alive or killed, you just put up a sum of money and wait. The target could be a criminal, or could be innocent. But it doesn't really matter. There is no UN, there is no galactic council. You just have organisations with their separate laws and codes. The average person just tries to make money and not die.
>>
>>92368998
>evil
>>
>>92366191
>>92366552
Those are literally my two favorite songs of all time.

WATCH YOUR BACKS.
>>
>>92366066
His plan was shit, who wants to just live with themselves for eternity?
https://youtu.be/a9gtnNgcMFU
>>
>>92368359
My personal interpretation was that he were a brain of a dead Celestial. Maybe even of the one whose head was Knowhere.
>>
>>92369703
In his mind every other form of life was so much worse than him that it'd be better for everybody if he took over. Like if you found dog shit on your floor would you not clean it up?
>>
>>92369936
Seemed way too small for that; judging by Groot's size Ego's only about half the size of a VW Bug.
>>
File: 5844479480_ed1b84efc7.jpg (53KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
5844479480_ed1b84efc7.jpg
53KB, 500x341px
>>92365943
>MFW
>>
>>92367324
He spent millions of years alone, I'm guessing that they had all already died out by the time he met other life and decided to plan his expansion.
>>
>>92365943
I love how his nonchalant mannerism made him that much more disturbing in the second half of the movie.
>>
>>92366758
underrated
>>
>>92366333
I was thinking she got a tumor from Ego accidentally, from some space radiation or so.

But no. The bastard said it just flatout.
>>
File: 1485547034707.png (1MB, 582x847px) Image search: [Google]
1485547034707.png
1MB, 582x847px
>>92366066
This

Why do people these days think giving up on your dreams for some girl is worthwhile ?

Ego did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1486144702997s.jpg (7KB, 241x250px) Image search: [Google]
1486144702997s.jpg
7KB, 241x250px
>>92367226
>Peter: So you're a God?
>Ego: Well... Little 'g', son.

>MFW a mom and her kid walked out on that line and didn't come back
>MFW they probably watched both Thor movies without a problem
>>
Loki was right
>>
>>92365793
I liked him exactly because of how despicable he is.
>>
>>92370621

It's like those Catholic families that get up and walk out when they realize the monster is a demon possessing somebody.
>>
>>92365943
I loved how nonchalant he was after the reveal

>Aw come on, just furgettabout it
>>
>>92366980
The comicbook Beyonders and Celestials are both stupid and the Marvel universe would be better off without them
>>
>>92367457
You notice his name is EGO, right?
>>
>>92365943
Why did he tell him that, though? Did he expect Peter not to react badly to it?
>>
So does it mean we finally got a decent MCU villain?
>>
>>92371154
>Why did he tell him that, though? Did he expect Peter not to react badly to it?
He actually thinks he is the victim, being forced to sacrifice his greatest love for the greater good of the universe. He was trying to garner sympathy.
>>
I feel like I'm the only one who hated him. 50 minutes of buildup to him basically saying "BTW I'm evil".

Instead of getting a fun space adventure like the first movie all the characters were on that boring-ass empty planet all movie, with only the trash panda actually getting to do things, which was usually just to grouch and mope with nobody to play off of.
>>
>>92371154
>"I loved your mother but I had to plant a tumor in her brain. You understand, don't you? It saddened me a lot, feel bad for me please."
Ego is a psycho.
>>
>>92371211
>Instead of getting a fun space adventure like the first movie all the characters were on that boring-ass empty planet all movie,
I actually had the opposite feeling. My exact thoughts were "now THIS is a REAL adventure!", when the 3rd act began and things start to go crazy.
>>
>>92371154
He was probably so caught up in the idea that "finally I have somebody who can help" that he let his mouth run away from him.
>>
>>92371183
Yeah, shame he was in a subpar movie
>>
>>92371273
Always a good sign when you go "finally things are starting to feel like an actual movie" when 25 minutes remain.

The first GotG was great all the way up until the last part, it's OK to end of a weak note if the rest is good.
>>
>>92371212
Instant reaction. Quill really, really loves his mom.
>>
>>92366600
>personal connection to the heroes
Outside of Quill and Yondu I can't really see it, explain?
>>
>>92372103
I guess he meant mostly that, other characters' personal connection to him was only "through" Quill, because they cared about him, but also because Ego threatened to replace them as the closest he had to family.
>>
>>92372191
thanks anon
>>
When I started to look at the soundtracks of both movies from perspective of the songs basically describing relationship of Ego and Meredith (discounting Father and Son from Zune, which should be treated as a song picked up by Yondu), songs gets completely new perspective.

Any bets on what Yondu picked for that Zune to appear in the next movie?
>>
>>92366024
Don't worry Anon, I got the joke even if this guy >>92366155 didn't.
>>
>>92372458
Centuarian throat singing
>>
>>92372481
>Centuarian throat singing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx8hrhBZJ98
Clever, but it was supposed to have Earth tracks, likely still in the theme of 70s and 80s.
>>
File: The Shadow of the Star-Lord.jpg (514KB, 1280x1809px) Image search: [Google]
The Shadow of the Star-Lord.jpg
514KB, 1280x1809px
>>92365793
So far, he has the biggest body count in any capefilm measuring in the millions.
>>
File: 1458395446390.jpg (25KB, 468x423px) Image search: [Google]
1458395446390.jpg
25KB, 468x423px
>>92365943

>mfw

The writers pretty much did a good job with the characters.
>>
>>92372550
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFDYwD9MVCY

>Billie Jean/Released
>1982
>>
>>92368652
They love Taylor Swift you dope.
>>
So did all those people actually die when Ego was expanding using starlord?
>>
>>92372653
Yes, millions. Maybe billions.
>>
File: GotG Dad Meme.jpg (55KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
GotG Dad Meme.jpg
55KB, 480x478px
>>92371154
Peter's a murderous asshole who's been fucking loose women for more than a decade after Yondu taught him the Ravager Rustle (it's irresistible!). Ego probably just assumed he'd be cool with it, because, as a being that willed itself into existence, he doesn't understand how important someone's mom is to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opKiqLIreME
>>
>yfw Quill starts bragging about his 100-song zune to the avengers in the thanos movie and iron man hands him an ipod with the entire recorded history of music on it
>>
>>92372705
Probably Billions given that he made sure to put his seeds on all the inhabited planets in the universe.

So even if it just took out half a city a piece, given how chock full of sentient life the MCU cosmos is, that's still a lot of people straight up dead.
>>
>>92372740
>100-song zune
>>
File: 2.jpg (10KB, 205x201px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
10KB, 205x201px
>When the adults/parents in the audience started humming along to "Father and Son"

Normally I hate audience participation shit like clapping and all that but I'll make an exception here
>>
>>92372740
>>92372768
>Yondu chose the songs himself
>Father & Son is one of them

That big, blue, homicidal softie
>>
>>92372740
300 songs,
And at least the Zune isn't going to break if it takes a small bump
>>
>>92372458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
For his weapons training obviously.
>>
>>92372776
It started raining in the theater when that song came on. Was weird, you'd think they'd have a better ceiling in there.
>>
>>92370907
>catholics
>risking going to a movie with even a hint of horror monster ambiance
>>
File: tumblr_opwqzgMqgd1utvwzto1_1280.jpg (2MB, 1280x3627px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opwqzgMqgd1utvwzto1_1280.jpg
2MB, 1280x3627px
>>92368852
>>92368998
Quill looked pretty depressed after Ego actually died though. Both his avatar and his internals. Then a few minutes after that he lost his other dad. Batman and Superman ain't got nothing on this poor 80s throwback bastard.
>>
>>92366392
I mean, Loki and Ultron were enjoyable at least. Not neccesarily threatening or intimidating, but at least enjoyable.
>>
>>92372996
I'm never getting over Ultron's lips or "Children, I lost the word."
>>
>>92371989
Are Star-Lord and CW's Flash the only heroes truly defined by their relationship with their mothers?
>>
Does anybody find it odd that Marvel made a movie about how a man needs to touch his son in order to have a mega-galactic ejaculation?
>>
>>92365793
>It's a "Kurt Russell plays a near-indestructible, shapeshifting alien" episode
>>
>>92373013
Giving Ultron a face like that was stupid
>>
>>92373016
A lot of superheroes are very fond of their moms. Do you mean origin story wise?

Because Wonder Woman has them beat. Imagine being a Princess to a Queen that never dies who forces you to stay on the same damn island with the same few hundred people for hundreds of years. Shit is fucked up.
>>
>>92373054
name one other time he did that
>>
>>92373166
The Hateful 8.
>>
>>92373016
>Tony Stark going berserk on Winter Soldier, because he killed his mom.
Remember that Howard wasn't the best dad.
>>
>>92365793
And yet also one of the most sympathetic IMO. Dude was alone for so long that he got too far up his own ass and couldn't pull out
>>
File: the death of maria stark.gif (1MB, 322x136px) Image search: [Google]
the death of maria stark.gif
1MB, 322x136px
>>92373245
Shit was fucked.
>>
>>92373275
That scene would have been far more hardhitting if her name was Martha instead
>>
>>92365943
>>92366014
>This is considered good writing in America
>>
>>92366333
Yes but logically (as far as sci-fi movie logic anyway) interaction with an alien shouldn't have given Meredith both brain cancer and a healthy son.

A lot of people presumed there was incidental cause, but the fact that Ego gave it to her intentionally is something very different.
>>
>>92366623
I thought that he was one of the Elders like the Collector or the Grandmaster, but it makes more sense that he'd be a Celestial.
At least in the MCU, a Celestial is broad term for "giant space entity that's basically a god but not really".
Eson and Knowhere demonstrated that these are colossal, ancient, powerful beings that are not immortal, and Ego fits that bill well enough.
>>
Agreed, and far and away best Marvel film.
>>
>>92373291
WHY DID YOU SAY MARTHA?!
>>
>>92373293
more like "effective" i guess? like the same reason trashy mystery novels and thrillers are best sellers, sincr theyre page turners, keep people gasping at every plot twist and new reveal
>>
>>92373291
That was his housekeepers name, except they pronounced it Marta
>>
>>92373569
Eh, I'd agree if it wasn't for how tonally inconsistent it was at times. There were a few too many moments of having a serious moment then immediately followed by a poop/penis joke.
>>
>>92373569
>implying
No, anon.
>jokes amounting to "character laughs very loudly, this is funny" and "character has his face distorted by cgi, this counts as a joke"
>more quips per second than AoU
>no sense of danger at all, you can actually forget there was an army of ships in the final battle because they don't hit one single shot
>baby groot
>action scenes amounting to character shooting a green screen, compared to the choreography of Winter Soldier
>>
>>92371154

He figured that since Peter was like him now, he wouldn't have a problem with it.

You have to consider, to Ego that's like killing a beloved pet because it inconvenienced you.
>>
>>92373731
This movie didn't resonate with people because of shock value. Its themes are forever: the age old struggle of father vs son, sibling vs sibling, family vs self. Was the movie a deep study or exploration of these themes? Of course not, it's a space opera adventure movie. But for a space adventure movie starring a talking raccoon the themes it decided to focus on were surprisingly poignant.
>>
>>92373764
>"Wah there's normie humor in my normie capeshit Disney movie"
Just spit out the hairs and enjoy a MCU film with an actual villain. And Yondu.
>>
>>92373811
More "killing a beloved pet because it's starting to age and you decide to put it out of its misery".
>>
>>92373877
>just turn your brain off xD
>>
>>92374016
But you already did that when you decided to watch an MCU film. Just accept the logical consequences.
>>
>>92374076
Stop justifying garbage. Winter Soldier was actually good so there was no excuse for Guardians to be this bad.
>>
>>92374124
>Muh... muh Disney movie is serious
>*Man in bright spandex runs by*
>u...unlike that Guardians shit
Don't act like there are any winners in the shit-fest that is the MCU.
>>
>>92373166
The Thing
>>
>>92373764
>jokes amounting to "character laughs very loudly, this is funny" and "character has his face distorted by cgi, this counts as a joke"

Those aren't jokes, those are gags.

>more quips per second than AoU

Quips and banter are not the same thing. In fact I can't think of a single quip in the movie.

>no sense of danger at all, you can actually forget there was an army of ships in the final battle because they don't hit one single shot

They blow up the mining ship and force the team to plant a makeshift bomb instead. If it wasn't for the Sovereign, Yondu might have survived.

>action scenes amounting to character shooting a green screen, compared to the choreography of Winter Soldier

Winter Soldier had shit fight scenes though. If there was choreography the excessive shakycam made it impossible to tell. And I'll always take lasers and spaceship battles over boring hand-to-hand shit anyway.

Anon, it sounds to me like Guardians is just my kind of movie while Winter Soldier is yours.
>>
>>92365793
The second i knew his name was "Ego" it was obvious he would be te main villain.
I felt the plot was very predictable but when Yondu dies it surprised the shit out of me, That never happens in marvel movies and I actually almost cried at the end.
>>
>>92367457
Ego's more of a cosmic entity than an alien being. He just kinda exists, the same way Azathoth or the Ogdru Jahad do. The charisma and that stuff is all just a smokescreen. At the end of the day he's no different from The Thing.
>>
>>92374587
And an aspiring Dormammu.
>>
I don't fucking understand how these celestial powers work.
Like, okay I get it, if the light in the planet dies Ego dies. But why doestQuill lose his powers?
In the first movie it was mentioned that there was an irregularity in his fucking GENETIC CODE, so wouldnt having that portion of him "erased" just make him retarded? It wouldve made more sense if quill was the source for his own powers, since he obviously isn't "an extension"of his father because he lived perfectly fine after his death.
>>
>>92374349
>Those aren't jokes, those are gags.
>Quips and banter are not the same thing
Autism.
Ok, there were gags every five seconds, happy now? They still caused second hand embarrassment.
>>
>>92374686
Are you legitimatly autistic?

Ego was the source of the powers, Quill's genetics were just the connection that allowed him to channel them, without Ego there is no power left to channel.
>>
>>92374686
>In the first movie it was mentioned that there was an irregularity in his fucking GENETIC CODE

They mention that in this movie as well. I take it to mean that Quill is probably still tougher than the average human, he just can't manipulate the light anymore since there is no light. Durability was the only other "power" he exhibited anyway.
>>
>>92374773
His demi-celestialness would be the reason he was able to withstand holding a stone longer than your common human or human-like alien.
>>
>>92371154
Peter was already enthralled brainwashed by Ego, as he did with all his children, as Mantis explained. Whatever Ego said, Peter would have gone along with, he was that much under his spell. Ego simply didn't count on the fact that Peter loved his mother so much, that it would break his spell. He didn't count on the love a child has for its parent, because how could he?
>>
>>92374763
>moving the goalposts

Sounds like this just ain't your kind of movie. You enjoy your monochromatic super serious strongman action thrillers, I enjoy my whacky off-kilter space adventures.
>>
>>92374769
thats still half of quills genetic makeup that got erased, he would just die. Powers or no powers, whenever you lose 50% of your dna strand it doesnt just fucking repair itself
>>
>>92365793
Anyone else get pissed when Quill complains about his walkman, man this guy put a tumor in your mom
>>
>>92374962
To be fair the Walkman and the music on the tapes is the last connection he has with his mom
>>
>>92374962
The walkman and mixtapes were Quill's last physical connection to his mother. Ego crushing the walkman was symbolic of this.
>>
>>92365943
>Son, I already have you in my side, so let me shake things a bit so you don't regret it later, here are the best TOP 10 RESONS WHY YOU SHOULN'T JOIN ME:
>Number 10, I killed your mom
>starlord shoots him
>Woah, wait till you hear number 4, it will blow your mind!
>>
>>92366552
Awe but I really liked Brandy
>>
>>92374921
His genetic makeup didn't get erased.

His DNA is fine, but he's just not able to channel the celestial power without being on or near Ego.

Since Ego is now destroyed, his DNA is as it was before: irregular, but not gone. If a new source or similar enough source for celestial energy showed up, he could probably channel it, maybe.
>>
>>92365793
It would've been a surprise for me if he was actually a good guy for real reals.
>>
>>92365793
"hey peter"
>>
>>92374884
Stop waving off every complaint as "not your type of movie". I except good writing no matter the genre. Hell, I expected it to be as good as the first one. Instead I found Baby Groot.
>>
>>92367314
she wouldnt oppose she was a moron, he talked about his being an alien to Quill's mom and she just said she didn't get what he meant.
>>
>>92375110
"hey"
>>
>>92365793
Deadbeat Dads confirmed for scum of the universe.
>>
>>92375113
>Stop waving off every complaint as "not your type of movie".

I will when you stop writing off everything you don't personally like as "bad writing." Neither of our tastes are objective.

>Baby Groot

Was a good character. Important to both the plot and the parent/child narrative the movie revolved around.
>>
Kind of ironic how the movie released around mother's day had such a father/son theme to it.
>>
>>92375113
You wouldn't notice good writing if someone slapped your face with it

Baby Groot was barely in the movie all things considered. And when he was there he wasn't the meme fuel idiots like you declared
>>
>>92375315
Well Quill's mother is also a really important character despite her lack of actual presence.
>>
>>92374769
Different Anon here.
And yet, Ego said that:
>Where power of one Celestial wasn't enough, two just might do.
Which still confuses me to no end. How can Quill be a battery, if Ego is the source of the power, or is it about capability of channeling energy?
>>
>>92374921
He didn't get his DNA erased, the genes that let him control Ego's power are still there, there is just no more power to control
>>
>>92375470
The 2nd acts as an Amplifier to the first
>>
>>92375066
This
>>
>>92375470
Yeah I think conductor or something would probably be a more accurate word, but I feel like battery was chosen because it gets the point across easier. Also it just sounds more objectifying.
>>
>>92375488
Personally, I see the light more as something that surrounds his DNA, rather than actual DNA.

Which in turn comes to question: Did Ego crafted his form to be 100% genetically compatible with alien women, or were his children basically clones of their mothers, with optional gender change?

Also, it is quite likely that the only reason Peter had the power was because Ego actually loved Meredith.
>>
>>92375470
The way I got it Ego the human body is a conduit for the power, but he can only channel a certain amount at a time and to activate those pods he placed he needed to be able to use more of the energy at once, ironically it probably shortened his own lifespan if the power was a battery of sorts there is a limit to it somewhere
>>
>>92375565
>Also, it is quite likely that the only reason Peter had the power was because Ego actually loved Meredith

I wondered the same thing. Makes his actions even more horrifying in a way because he's not just an ordinary sociopath.

Ego was a very good character.
>>
>>92365943
Saw it coming miles away
>>
>>92374682
I wonder what would've happened if Strange hadn't been able to stop Dormammu from crossing into the MCU dimension? Meanwhile imagine if Ego had succeeded in his universe-wide plans? What would the fallout between Dormammu and Ego turn out?
>>
>>92367457

Because when you live for millions of years, and see the same bullshit, like war and death, over and over, you start to stop seeing the point of it all. Hence why Ego wanted to replace everything with himself, and stop delaying the inevitable.

The scary part about his plan wasn't that he wanted to kill everyone. Its that, in the grand scheme of things, his reasoning actually made sense
>>
>>92377307
Wasn't it also kind of a biological thing? Like him thinking: "the purpose of all life is to spread and multiply itself and therefore it is only logical for me to do the same"?
>>
>>92374763
>They still caused second hand embarrassment.
>Says this and has the audacity to say some one else has autism.
>>
>>92367563
I thought you were dead.
>>
>>92375470
Ego can create matter from nothing; he doesn't "use up" anything when he uses his powers. So the bottleneck isn't "raw amount of energy", it's the current of the energy.
>>
>>92377358
That was exactly his reasoning.
>>
>>92365943
It was predictable as fuck
>>
>>92372740
300 songs, also the ipod won't last that long and Star-Lord will go back to the zune.

If anything Stark would give him a Starkphone but then again I don't think James Gunn would allow that.
>>
>>92377227
If Ego had succeeded, the showdown between Dormammu and Ego would happen anyway, as GotG 2 happens just two months after the first, which means before Doctor Strange.

Ego's plan would destroy Earth's defenses from Dormammu, leading to showdown between two dimension-encompassing beings
>>
>>92373016
Cap is in the comics but they really downplayed it in the movies.

But he really, really loves his mother and the comics attribute his good qualities and morals coming from his mom.
>>
>>92381043
>>92377358
>>92377307
I thought it's because he was the only truly immortal being he found to exist thorough his entire existence, which made him disappointed in the rest of the life, as it was so far beneath him.
>>
>>92373245
To be sincere a lot of heroes have shitty dads in the Marvel Universe.

The daddy issues are strong there.

>>92381624
>>
>>92366014
I CLAPPED! I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW GROOT!
>>
>>92367457
>travel for eons of years only to see alien life replicate the same bullshit over and over again; murdering each other, destroy each other, civilizations fall into ruins
>attempt to understand the moral thinking of living; love, understanding, friendship, mortality
>see it all fall through the same bullshit as before over time
>creates a perfect world; beautiful, peaceful, serene
>in order to truly achieve and live the good nature of moral ideals; make every planet the dream planet that you successfully crafted yourself
>live with this ideal in the planning for an untold number of years
Like the other anon said. His end goal actually did make sense because he successfully created that perfect world. Sacrifices be damned.
>>
>>92366825
It's possible that Ego was a critically wounded Celestial so that only his brain was left?
>>
>Ego kills Peter's mother with brain tumor
>Peter & friends kill Ego with a bomb "tumor" on his brain
POTTERY
>>
How dod celestial powers even work? i understand that they need to be connected to the "light or whatever" but does egos death really remove quills powers? or will he bw able to control them on any other "celestials"planet or light for that matter?
>>
>>92371154
He doesn't understand people very well, even if he talks a nice talk about the meaning behind songs. Same reason he couldn't understand why Peter would choose to be normal instead of a god. Part of it is, of course, the Ego's ego, but he never really tried to understand the life he discovered. Even something like love he was perfectly willing to give up as something that would...what? Diminish him? And when his other children failed him he just murdered them and dumped them in a cave.

Probably why his plan ultimately didn't really make sense. Seeding himself across the galaxy wouldn't give him equals, it would merely mean he is also elsewhere. There was never any sense that this was somehow him propagating his planet self into, say, children or a race. The only company he really wanted was still himself. But then that's his Ego for you.
>>
>>92384556
littered with typos, I don't usually phonepost sorry.
>>
>>92372610
Still seems implied that Thanos and Ronan probably had bigger, responsible for the the end of worlds. But then they command others so does that diminish their achievements? Or does Ego's suffer to because his biomass just incidentally destroyed people?
>>
>>92384556
I assume Quill only had powers when close to Ego was because they were blood relatives, I doubt he would get any powers when in proximity to other Celestials, assuming there are any left.
>>
>>92368852

This. I was getting ready for a minute or two of Quill slowly coming back to himself after being indoctrinated, while Ego continued to dig his own grave by monologuing. The usual slow buildup to breaking free of some kind of mental control.

"Wait what? But... no." etc. for like three minutes.

The instant, unhesitating reprisal was refreshing.
>>
>>92365793
Bothers me that instead of using Spartax, aka best dad, they use someone else to have a villain
>>
>>92385333
If it makes you feel any better maybe what we saw wasn't quite true. Maybe the reason why Peter's could access the mojo is because his parents were Spartax and a human. Then Ego slips in and mucks shit up. If he can give someone cancer I suppose he could give a hybrid baby a celestial gene and it works in that body the same way it failed in every other attempt. Spartax could even look the same. After all, Ego's body could shapeshift into whatever he pleased. He didn't even need to look older, he just chose to. He could have remained The Hoff if he'd wanted.

I mean there's no way in hell they'd do that because it would just overcomplicate things, but sure it's possible.
>>
>>92385534
also, why is peter using the element gun models if they aren't
the element guns
really bugs me
aren't the Kree already established?
>>
So question is.. why didn't marvel make him black?
>>
>>92385685
That would've made the whole "I thought Yondu was your father" scene really weird.
>>
>>92385333
Nametag has a shit opinion what a surprise

Shouldn't you be writing big to copycat spiderman, Brian
>>
BRANDY

YOU'RE A FINE GIRL
>>
File: 1490725862367.jpg (114KB, 1184x890px) Image search: [Google]
1490725862367.jpg
114KB, 1184x890px
>>92385731
don't make me angry...
>>
>>92365793
Honestly....he was kind of meh, I liked the direction he was going but the beginning sequence with him and Quill's mom was kind of unnecessary and made it pretty clear he wasn't on the up and up. I would have preferred a scene between Yondu and Peter when he was a boy, or maybe end the movie with such a scene instead of the brief snapshot we got during he funeral.

But eh, the opening scene was sort of important for letting the audience know how Ego's seed got onto Earth, it's still feels sort of lackluster.
>>
>>92372820
Can confirm, my 30gb iPod died within the first year, however my Zune 80 and Zune HD are still going strong. If it wasn't for me buying into Google Play Music streaming I would use both those devices still.
>>
>>92384270
...interesting
>>
>>92384270
I've seen this idea a couple of times since it was posted and I do rather like it. It would show how absolutely resilient they can be even if reduced to just a brain outside their body. Sure his brain was destroyed by Rocket's bomb but then there is a reason they still wear all that armor.

It fits rather well as a theory since potential trauma can explain why he can't remember anything beyond waking up in space and remastering his cosmic powers can allow him to basically craft a new body for himself in the guise of a planet.

The tricky bit, though, is since he identifies as a celestial at some point he clearly found out about the others, and yet they aren't enough for him to not feel lonely. It really is more like simply a classification system for beings of a certain degree of immense power.
>>
Fooled Around & Fell in Love lyrics - Elvin Bishop
>I must have been through about a million girls
>I'd love 'em then I'd leave 'em alone
>I didn't care how much they cried, no sir
>Their tears left me cold as a stone
>But then I fooled around and fell in love
>I fooled around and fell in love, yes I did
I really need to make a check on all the songs, because majority of songs chosen by Meredith are clearly about her and Ego.
>>
>>92388034
That's a good point. Bring it on home to me maybe?
>>
nah, but he is a nice villain that's cunny and likeable for a change of pace
>>
Jesus, poor Peter. Had to watch his mom die, had to kill his biolaogical (yet insane God like) father, and then had to struggle to try to somehow save adoptive daddy from suffocating to death in his arms and fails.

Eeeeeeshe. How the fuck is Star Lord so upbeat.

Also, you guys think Yando is really done for oooor nah?
>>
File: 1413933177163.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1413933177163.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>92365943
>tfw
>>
>>92385946
That scene set-up a plot device and gave us young Kurt Russell. Plus it made him seem all sweet, though everybody expected him to be evil so idk.
>>
>>92365943
I can hear Kurt Russel's voice saying it and I haven't even seen the movie.
>>
>>92388034
>But then I fooled around and fell in love
>I fooled around and fell in love, yes I did
>And then I gave her brain cancer and fucked off
>>
>>92365793
>>>/tv/
>>>/out/
>>>/fuckoff/
>>
File: 1453647113806.jpg (21KB, 567x456px) Image search: [Google]
1453647113806.jpg
21KB, 567x456px
>>92365943
contrarians leave
>>
>>92372810
>Mr. Blue you did it right
>But soon comes Mr. Night
>Creepin' over, now his hand is on your shoulder
>Never mind I'll remember you this way.
>>
>>92374579
Yondu had his chat with rocket 100% setting up his death. He even knew it was happening.

frankly that was the part of the movie that bothered me the most. Yondu died because they didn't have an extra forcefield. That's it. And everyone acting like Quill was dead when all they needed was a guy to jetpack him out? Flawed. It should have been something only Yondu could have done, or would have been killing him to do, sort of like MGS4's microwave chamber.
>>
>>92389927
Peter kinda can't express his emotions openly, probably because of his upbringing. And Yondu can't come back after the funeral they gave him, Gunn wouldn't do that.
>>
>>92390184
>And Yondu can't come back after the funeral they gave him, Gunn wouldn't do that

Iiiii dunno. Just makes me think of the thing Michael Rooker said in an interview.

"You think Yondu is gone for good?"

".............you never know in this magical universe."

On one hand I'm super pissed all my favorite characters in movies and TV get killed off. On the other it was such a good funeral.
>>
>>92389927
>Also, you guys think Yando is really done for oooor nah?
The only way they could bring him back without shitting on James would be if Thanos resurrects him as an enemy in Infinity War. That would probably wreck Peter emotionally. But then once Thanos is defeated Yondu fades back away into nothing, maybe after Peter gives him the Ravager salute which is returned before Yondu turns back to dust.

The same treatment could be given to Quicksilver, with similar effect for Wanda. But they can't stick around and have it act as a complicated way to bring them back into the movies, they should be an emotional obstacle for the heroes to overcome and then return to being dead.
>>
File: its a galactic kind of feel.jpg (28KB, 357x326px) Image search: [Google]
its a galactic kind of feel.jpg
28KB, 357x326px
>>92373880
>beloved pet because it's starting to age and you decide to put it out of its misery".
>>
File: Yondu's_Fin_Vol_2_B&W.jpg (62KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Yondu's_Fin_Vol_2_B&W.jpg
62KB, 1080x1080px
"Hey you with the pretty face
Welcome to the human race
A celebration, mister blue sky's up there waitin'
And today is the day we've waited for

Oh mister blue sky please tell us why
You had to hide away for so long (so long)
Where did we go wrong?

Hey there mister blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do
Everybody smiles at you"
>>
>>92390149
It was a miracle that Rocket had spares at all considering the last time he was at the Milano he was setting up traps with no indication he'd need a spacesuit or aero rig. He apparently had two of the latter on him but only one spacesuit and the fact that he even had that many shows he was crazy prepared.
>>
>>92390070

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>92390009
I didn't. I thought he'd sacrifice himself to save Quill against Nebula's forces, or the Ayesha
>>
>>92389927
Star-Lord compensates with jokes and a goofy persona. He pretends to be superficial and glib, which gives him an upper hand.
>>
>>92365793
It's amazing how far we've come.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtntTvuv8Aw
It's almost come full-circle if you think about it.

This version of Ego is like an evil version of Starman, that 80's film starring Jeff Bridges...
>>
>>92365943
>tfw instead of a "how could you?" "I trusted you" "but she was the love of your life", Peter just started shooting him immediately
Fuck yeah
>>
Why not let Peter chill out for a few hundred years, wait for all his friends to die, then come back to Ego when he's bored?
>>
>>92391189
Well Gamora did tell him something felt off, even if he didn't want to hear it one would imagine he wouldn't be completely stupid to blow her comment off, the planet was desolate of life besides plants and shit. The real logical question would have been, why didn't he bring her to his planet or something.
>>
>>92391155

And that movie was directed by John Carpenter, who is one of Kurt Russell's friends.

Almost full circle indeed.
>>
>>92391336
Another thing I liked
>I'm your dad
>Yep, I don't buy it
>Peter, he's your dad, go with him
>Nope
>Come on, do it for me
>...mmm ok
Its usually the opposite, the main char instantly trusting the parent figure and the secondary ones mistrusting him
>>
>>92391061
Dude, the too-good-to-be-true-parent coming back always turns out evil. Maybe it wouldn't have been as apparent to me if they introduced another antagonist and then pulled bait and switch, but there was no room for that. Sovereigns didn't seem like a threat at all.
>>
>>92391335
Because Ego didn't think his plan could fail and his son wouldn't cheerfully reject his humanity at the moments notice.
>>
>>92391470
Well Gamora was thinking they'd just kill him if he was just some shit bounty hunter or something. They were wanted by the Sovereign, and various others in the past so they would be somewhat wary of such a weird trap. Also news about him holding the infinity stone apparently spread, and potentially that his father was of unknown origin.
>>
>>92389927
Gunn specifically said that he didn't want to kill Yondu but the plot needed it to happen. And that he finally, reluctantly, pull the trigger in order to have a better movie. Basically Gunn refuse to put Yondu's death into the script until he felt he had no choice.

Really, the reason he was reluctant was because Gunn doesn't intend to bring him back.
>>
>>92391479
>Dude, the too-good-to-be-true-parent coming back always turns out evil
But at the very least, Peter was weary and know the whole thing sounds like a scam from the beginning.
>>
>>92392172
But then he got on board when dad finally played catch with him.
>>
File: 1492637676271.png (355KB, 1066x862px) Image search: [Google]
1492637676271.png
355KB, 1066x862px
>>92365943
While I did expect Ego possibly being the reason why Peter's mom died, the fact he went THAT FAR and how the line was said pretty much surprised and hooked people on the same feeling that Star-Lord had: rage and shock.

And i love how they went quickly with Peter shooting Ego inmediately.
>>
>YFW Peter has seen all three of his parents die before his eyes now.
>>
>>92392252
>But then he got on board when dad finally played catch with him.
Well the energy ball was proof that he was genetically related. So it was only 50% of a scam. 50% is true that Ego is his father, but the other 50% scam is what he wanted Peter FOR.
>>
>>92365793
This couldn't be anymore true. My mom is really into the Marvel movies and has been watching them for about a decade now, this guy was the first time she was legit pissed off about a villain.
>>
File: 1471041766137.png (226KB, 512x475px) Image search: [Google]
1471041766137.png
226KB, 512x475px
>>92365943
>>
>>92366014
Same here
>>
>>92392532
>This couldn't be anymore true. My mom is really into the Marvel movies and has been watching them for about a decade now, this guy was the first time she was legit pissed off about a villain.
It's all about making sure the villainy is easily referenced in the real world. Yes, he want to kill all life in the galaxy, but that is too abstract. Instead he killed a loving relationship because "He had more important things to do and didn't want to be tied down." That brought his villainy to a human level. It made it easier to compare Ego to the real villains of our own lives.

Tragedy vs statistic. By killing one single woman, Ego made both Peter and the audience care.
>>
>>92367062
you missed the part where he knocked women up all over the galaxy, cancered them once they got pregnant, sent yondu to bring the kid and tested each one. that's what the pile of dead bodies was nebula and gamora found.

if he brought each one back he'd have to deal with nearly infinite, powerless, mortal bitching and moaning and would have to hide each one from the next
>>
>>92393035
>Mr. Ego's Home for Boring Mortals
>>
>>92393035
He didn't cancer all of them, I think. Specifically he cancered Peter's mother because unlike most/all of the others, he actually loved her.
>>
>>92393206
>alive for millions of years
>loving only one being
>and a monkey-faced two-leg at that
>>
>>92365943
Does he ever explain why he put the cancer in her? He coulda just let her live and not come back
>>
>>92393014
I have to admit, it did feel good seeing him dead. The other villains I either don't like them that much for being boring, or I like them about as much as the heroes.
>>
>>92393206
he never said he didn't love them all
he even had the plastic looking sculpture things of him hugging the pregnant ladies

also
>he cancered her specifically because he loved her
i mean i can see the
>you are too dangerous to me and i'll die
but it doesn't quite make sense

also
>this form will die if i dont come back
>literally makes a new body in under 5 mins on main world
unless he means the planet will die which is batshit
>also i will leave these plants here and they wont die

>>92393358
>kid might get ideals
>kid might die
>kid might fall in love
>impatience to complete your purpose
again just one would save a mere 60 or so years but doing this to all of them would save thousands(judging by the pile of normal kid bodies)
>>
>>92393358
So he wouldn't want to come back. Ego started to develop actual feeling and if he came back again he would've stayed. So he decide to remove that temptation.
>>
>>92392348
He committed patricide even. Maybe not directly but he certainly facilitated it. And while MCU Quill is as ever an ends/means kinda guy who won't and didn't hesitate to pull the trigger, you can absolutely tell he lamented it.

>that look of somber resignation as his father dies in his arms while his whole world literally crumbles around him

Quill and his friends have had it awful rough.
>>
>>92390149
except Rocket only had one space suit from the original ship, which got blasted to hell

They literally only had the one space suit
>>
>>92390149
When i meant surprising, I didnt mean in the plot or logical sense. but the fact that a marvel movie actually killed off an important chracter and not having some bullshit asspull happen is pretty great. And the entire funeral scene while "father and son"played threw me for a fucking loop.
>>
>>92373054
This fucking artist..
>>
>>92365793
I'm disappointed that they revealed that Peter's mom died because Ego directly put a tumor in her brain

I was really hoping it was because of unintended circumstances from having sex with a planet
>>
>>92366623
He was orignally going to be a new character in the movie, but James Gunn Rewrote him as Ego because he didn't want to make a whole new character.
>>
>>92389927
>Had to watch his mom die
>had to struggle to try to somehow save adoptive daddy from suffocating to death in his arms and fails
I immediately thought of the former when the latter happened. It's Peter's worst day all over again, watching his parent die right in front of him and being unable to do anything.
>>
>>92366623
Just remember that this is Earth-199999 or whatever they call it and not Earth-616
>>
>>92390794
I nearly cried when Yondu died. I wanted him to still be alive throughout the whole funeral scene.
>>
>>92365793
this is marketing...right?
>>
>>92366155
Malekith is the worst.

1. He tried to wipe out all life in the universe. This is literally twice as bad as what Thanos will probably do.

2. He was in Thor 2.
>>
Let's get a poll going here then, since we're all here tonight:

On a scale of 1 to Cyclops, how much do you want to punch him in the face?
>>
>>92394992
Like about 7 Cyclopes
>>
>>92394992
>cyclops
Anon, that's just a scale of how right somebody is.
>>
>>92390794
I got genuinely emotional at the ending.
>>
>>92366333
Yes but I thought he Dr. Manhattan'd her. Then he said he couldn't stop fucking her so he had to give her a tumor so he could keep trying to pave over universal biodiversity.
>>
Am I the only one who was seriously disappointed that during his monologue Ego didn't make a Latin pun saying "Everything will be Ego" instead of just "me"?
>>
>>92365793
So, was he just gonna kill all life? Or was he going to kill all life and then create a single universal species?
>>
File: bugs bunny wtf.jpg (25KB, 351x364px) Image search: [Google]
bugs bunny wtf.jpg
25KB, 351x364px
>>92365943
>>
>>92399467
>So, was he just gonna kill all life? Or was he going to kill all life and then create a single universal species?
He was going to replace all life with extensions of himself.

Now, very likely by trying this, the super villains and gods would have reacted and kicked his ass. But he mostly likely would have managed to wipe up a few thousand civilizations before the real gods smite him down.
>>
How would goldie react to direct penis>vagina>stimulation>orgasm>impregnation research?
>>
>>92399831
>How would goldie react to direct penis>vagina>stimulation>orgasm>impregnation research?
To be fair, she would likely find her first time underwhelming. It wouldn't help that she would be as unresponsive as a dead fish, waiting for you do do something that would allegedly make her feel good. She probably doesn't even know how to be kinky.
>>
File: Ego the Living Tomcat.png (3MB, 1225x1281px) Image search: [Google]
Ego the Living Tomcat.png
3MB, 1225x1281px
>>92365793
I can't believe Gunn actually did it.
>>
>>92399923
What about some tantric massage and some fine pussy licking first
>>
>>92399956
>What about some tantric massage and some fine pussy licking first
Whatever it takes to get her wet. Frankly you better be the best damn lover in the universe or you probably have to resort to a hatefuck.
>>
>>92389878
>If you ever change your mind
>About leaving, leaving me behind
>Oh-oh, bring it to me
>Bring your sweet loving
>Bring it on home to me, yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah) yeah (yeah)

>I know I laughed when you left
>But now I know I only hurt myself

I would also like to point out that technically Ain't No Mountain High belongs to Vol 2 cassette, while Father And Son, and Guardians Inferno (if the latter indeed was on it) are on Zune.

>Yondu probably learned enough English to pick the songs with actual meanings for Peter on that Zune
>>
>>92401029
Why do people think that Yondu picked the songs on the Zune? It's more likely that he just got the Zune and it came pre-loaded since it ended up in space somehow.
>>
>>92385567
>Element guns

Lol looks like tripfag has only read Bendis' run
>>
>>92402107
>aren't the Kree already established?
you can just ignore that I have obvious knowledge that he uses dual kree subguns but the model is 1:1 to the element gun in the movie
really just wanted to try and look cool huh?
>>
>>92366333
I always thought she got cancer from space radiation or radioactive spider-, I mean planet semen, I never imagined he manipulated her molecules to give her a fucking tumor
>>
File: DnewjaF.gif (683KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
DnewjaF.gif
683KB, 500x278px
>>92365943
>>
>>92370667
>implying that Loki has enough power to act like a God
Motherfucker got his shit wrecked by the Hulk and a bunch of earthlings, he's just an edgelord that tried to conquer a planet to prove to himself he wasn't a whiny litle bitch
>>
>>92397384
What got me was how broken Rocket was. The last ten minutes of the movie was absolute hell for him. On the other hand he's not quite as psychotic as I thought, he used all nonlethal traps and didn't kill anyone until the control room scene.
>>
>>92365943
>Stop it, listen to me! You are a GOD! If you kill me, you'll be just like everybody else!

>What's so wrong with that?

Fuck I got chills. When did Pratt become such a good Star-Lord?
>>
>>92403016
Never. The movie was embarrassing.
>>
>>92403040
Oh, do tell.
>>
HOLD ON
This was probably raised before, but why the fuck couldn't Quill just use his mask to survive the vacuum and leave the bubble wrap suite for Yondu? He saved Gamora from the same situation exactly by giving her his mask in the first movie and used to survive the flight from The Kiln to Milano earlier. Is this a genuine plot hole or does he lose the mask earlier or something and I forgot?
>>
>>92403670
Ego shattered the mask.
>>
>>92403696
Ah, all right then, never mind
>>
>>92403733
It's a blink and you'll miss it moment, he throws Quill across the room and the helmet cracks in half.
>>
>>92372984

I'd be fine too if I was about to bone Gamora
>>
>>92370907
>>92372941
>>
>>92403972
Gamora would be the one doing the boning
>>
File: mos10.jpg (79KB, 1916x806px) Image search: [Google]
mos10.jpg
79KB, 1916x806px
>>92403016
DCCU Jor-El and Pa Kent BTFO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs39HGOd25c
>>
File: gamora render 5.jpg (277KB, 687x1020px) Image search: [Google]
gamora render 5.jpg
277KB, 687x1020px
>>92404096
I miss infinitely confident space barbarian Gamora.
>>
>>92390097
MA
STOP CUTTING ONIONS OUTSIDE MY DOOR
>>
>>92402043
Because Yondu is his daddy
>>
>>92399933
DO NOT SEXUALIZE THE MOON
>>
File: 1376162144535.jpg (66KB, 550x723px) Image search: [Google]
1376162144535.jpg
66KB, 550x723px
>>92389927
To pave way for the best film adaptation of Star Lord by Infinity War (taking place 4 years later after GotG 2).

Finally. MCU Quill has seen some shit.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (20KB, 221x217px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
20KB, 221x217px
>>92365943
>>
AND IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME NOW
>>
>>92394651
At least the second time he was there for his parent when it happened.
>>
>>92402855
>He didn't chase them away.
>No.
>Even though he yelled at them. And was always mean. And he stole batteries he didn't need.
>Well of course not.
>>
>>92406410
Man, I hope GotG3 goes into Rocket's story a lot more, he's the one I want to see have a happy ending the most.
>>
>>92406464
Me too, with an equal balance of Adam warlock awesomeness
>>
>>92405359
be still, my heart
>>
>>92406203
YOU WILL NEVER LOVE ME AGAIN
>>
>>92405359
>I miss infinitely confident space barbarian Gamora.
Comic accurate Gamora would really need an 18+ rating.

Well, at least she got her superstrength back. And Drax had gotten Ben Grimm level endurance.
>>
>>92402043
Because it is highly unlikely he would get a Zune that would have specifically some good old songs from very specific period.
>>
>>92408221
I have a feeling Awesome Mix vol. 3 is going to feature a total decade jump to the 80s or 90s or something to represent what 'retro' sounds like to the previous owner of the thing.
>>
>>92406203
>>92407025
Favorite moment of the movie right there. Fucking fantastic.
>>
>>92408335
I doubt that very much. A big part of why people like these movies is the 70s music. It's too ingrained in them for Gunn to do away with it in the finale just cause Quill got a player upgrade. Plus Quill will likely return to Earth in Infinity War so he'll have a chance to load the music he likes.
>>
>>92365793

Wait, does this mean Spartacus is going to be written out of the comics?
>>
>>92408603
No. Bendis isn't writing the book anymore, and Duggan's pretty good at avoiding movie synergy.
What will probably happen with the book is that he writes the first arc as transitory one like he did with Waypool, and might go back to give the ending of Thanos Imperative a better redux than what Bendis gave it.
>>
>>92408221
That seems more likely to me than Yondu knowing enough about 70s tunes to build a 300 song playlist, and then going to earth just to load them onto a Zune.
>>
>>92408691

Yeah but... The normies now are pretty convinced that Quill is half Ego.

So being half Spartax is out, and then whole arcs are flat out wrong now. Tht is unless they pull something like reveal he was adopted and he was half planet the whole time.
>>
>>92409611
Make Spartax also a son of Ego, one whom was never brought to him.
>>
>>92365793
Finally, a pretty cool baddie in a mcu film. I love how he doesn't even think that he's evil.
>>
>>92366783
Jack Burton would take out ego and still get his load delivered on time..
>>
>>92409667
I mean, J'son of Spartax being half Ego*
>>
>>92366623
He also wasn't Star-Lord's dad but that didn't matter to them either.
>>
>>92365943
I don't get why he did that. What was the point?
>>
>>92409694
Ego isn't evil. I know tat 4chan has rather special attitude towards tvtropes, but Ego has clearly Blue and Orange Morality.
>Ego had a blue car with a bit of orange painted on it
>Ego's planet was mostly blue and orange
>>
>>92409805
>I came back on Earth to her three times... And I realised that if I would do that fourth time, I wouldn't be able to leave.
>It really broke my heart when i planted that tumor in her brain.
>>
>>92371154
because He's an immortal and immortals are pricks.
>>
>>92375113
why do you dislike baby groot. to cute?
>>
>>92373016
Caps dad used to get crazy drunk and beat the shit out of his mom. Watching her continue to stand up to him even though he would bust her face all the time taught him to never... give... up? I guess. a better lesson would have been for her to leave his ass IMHO
>>
File: dead.jpg (58KB, 376x500px) Image search: [Google]
dead.jpg
58KB, 376x500px
>>
>>92374579
I'm Mary Poppins, Y'all! best shit ever! I think I desire a t-shirt emblazoned with this in some way.
>>
>>92389995
loved how Peter woke up shooting with both guns at that line.
>>
>>92410195
At least he still has Drax, he's like an Uncle.
>>
Why is Drax completely unphased by Rocket's cunty antics?
>>
>>92389927
In a recent interview, Gunn almost didn't want to come back to do Guardians 3 because he was going to kill off Yondu in this one. Gunn and Yondu's actor have been together in every project and he wasn't really keen on doing another movie without him. But he said something like "These movies need to have stakes" or something like that so he went through with the death.

Trust me he's dead. The way Gunn talks about it, it was probably like writing about murdering his own dad.
>>
>>92410494
Autism
>>
>>92410195
push me to the edge
>>
>>92394992
>I don't know who Cyclops is, anon, but he's boring right?
>>
>>92407841

I was surprised when she lifted that massive gun. I didn't realize from the first movie this Gamora was that strong.
>>
>>92410494
Because he likes Rocket and has a thick skin. He's hard to get mad, unlike the rest of the crew. Plus, the only person Rocket outright insulted in the crew was Pete.

At the end Nebula just watched Rocket order the ship away without Pete. I was hoping the two tortured cyborgs would bond a bit.
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.