[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You should use your full name. I like that name - Robin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 12

File: robin.jpg (89KB, 1369x753px) Image search: [Google]
robin.jpg
89KB, 1369x753px
>You should use your full name. I like that name - Robin
>>
File: alg-host-howard-stern-jpg.jpg (52KB, 750x558px) Image search: [Google]
alg-host-howard-stern-jpg.jpg
52KB, 750x558px
ROBIN!
>>
>>92325205
I can't believe Red Letter Media loved this movie. I expected more from them.
>>
Robin?
>>
>>92325205
Robbin'
>>
>>92325617
>>
>>92325205
>You should use your full name. I like that name - Terry.
>>
I thought he said Tim when I saw in theater
>>
>>92325582
Sometimes they have pretty bad taste. They loved TFA after all.
>>
>>92325582
RLM has terrible taste. Them not liking the prequels should have tipped you off.
>>
>>>/tv/
>>>/tv/
>>>/tv/
>>
>>92325205
>you should use your full name. I like that name - Rob Q Batman 2
>>
>>92325205
>Not Jason
>Not Richard
>Not Tim
>Not even Terry
>Just plain robin

boy what a hothead. I liked him though, nice character
>>
>>92325729
>They loved TFA after all.
Loved is a pretty strong word. They said it was completely derivative of A New Hope and that Star Wars is controlled by the Hollywood machine now. That's hardly loving it.
>>
>>92325746
>Them not liking the prequels should have tipped you off.
Really makes you think
>>
>>92325205
>You should use your real name Dick
>Actually it's Jason
>I know
>>
>>92325841
They've said they loved it, despite it being a complete clone. They've also said Daisy Ridley is also a charismatic actor, so I don't know if they're lying, being paid or whatever. It's baffling how they could even think it's passable.
>>
>>92325582
Movie was ok until the last 20 minutes or so, where they chose the worst option they could for every character involved.
>>
>>92325205
What's funny is if Nolan just had him be Robin most people wouldn't have had an issue with it.

Instead he said Robin would never be in any of the movies and the normies were in such denial when he revealed he duped them they were all triggered.
>>
>>92325582
The movie was good if you're not autistic
>>
Prove to me that John Robin Blake is NOT a Mary Sue, because he sure seems like one.
>>
>>92325929
>They've said they loved it, despite it being a complete clone.
Did you watch RLM's review of it? It was a lot harsher than their initial reaction was. Plinkett still didn't crucify it like he did the prequels but he said that it being derivative was a real problem.
>They've also said Daisy Ridley is also a charismatic actor, so I don't know if they're lying, being paid or whatever. It's baffling how they could even think it's passable.
But the movie really wasn't THAT BAD. People overreacted. And Daisy Ridley is easily one of the best parts of the movie.
>>
>>92326052
I did. I'm not expecting them to skewer it, I just think their eyes are too full of stars. The movie wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't good. A typical Disney movie these days. It was well made but that's about it. And Daisy Ridley was completely forgettable while also being frustrating. Just another brunette White girl Disney is obsessed with casting.
>>
>>92326035
He's a hothead
>>
>>92326035
He's just a mostly insignificant side character, he doesn't need a bunch of obvious flaws for the movie to work. He doesn't have many strengths either, he was just kind of an alright guy that had a strong enough sense of justice to continue Bruce's legacy
>>
>>92325582
DKR has flaws, but it is a good movie overall.

Honestly, its better made than Batman Begins and MILES beyond the shit WB has been pumping out since Green Lantern.
>>
I rolled my eyes and my mom got giddy, what a lame.
>>
>>92326145
Not the original poster you responded to but him being a "hothead" never amounted to anything.

He deduced that Wayne was Batman when he was a kid, he knew not to go into the sewers with the entire police department did so he didn't get trapped, and he always made the right call with everything else in the movie.
>>
>>92326353
He gets his ass beat repeatedly
>>
File: lazytown-wallpaper-1024x768-1.jpg (245KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
lazytown-wallpaper-1024x768-1.jpg
245KB, 1024x768px
>>92325205
Robbie?
>>
>>92325205
bravo nolan
>>
>>92326052
>But the movie really wasn't THAT BAD

Maybe but it was completely lacking in parts that are good. Even the prequels had their moments. Think about the memorable/iconic parts of each movie

>IV
The whole movie

>V
Battle of Hoth, asteroid belt chase, Yoda, Cloud City, I am your father

>VI
The rancor, Sarlacc Pit, the Emperor, Luke vs Vader round 2

>I
The pod race, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs Maul

>II
The arena, Yoda vs Dooku

>III
Grievous, Windu vs Sidious, Yoda vs Sidious, Obi-Wan vs Vader, Order 66

>VII
?

Even the soundtrack is lesser.

>IV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcZ9kQ1h-ZY

>V
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7HF4JG1pOg

>VI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDI7XX6ffz0

>I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w

>II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nk_WHHTQtY

>III
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHuD5y-PZM0

>VII
?
>>
>>92325840
It's for normies. Those names would have been hilariously lost on the general audiences.
>>
>>92326427
Han dying, Rey meeting Luke, TR8R, Rey s Kylo Ren, etc.
>>
>>92325746
>Them not liking the prequels should have tipped you off.

I hope you get cancer.
>>
>>92326304
>Honestly, its better made than Batman Begins
yikes
>>
>>92325582
>>92325729
>>92325841
>>92325929
>>92326052
>>92326559
They thought TFA was better than Rogue One.
Now Rogue One wasn't amazing, but it was a functional movie. TFA was a complete abortion.
>>
>>92326769
That's correct tho
>>
>>92326889
no tho
>>
>>92326854
>Rogue One
>Functional

Have we been taken over by /tv/? What's with the shitty taste in films?
>>
>>92325205
>You should use your full name. I like that name - Nightwing
>>
>>92327091
Explain in detail how R1 is objectively disfunctional.
>>
>>92326854
Other way around.

Rogue One is fanservice pandering, fun style with no substance.

Buried beneath the commercialized derivative bullshit of SU, there is a genuinely solid foundation for a Sequel Trilogy, one that Rian can totally build on with The Last Jedi.

"Muh mary sue" aside, Rey is an infintely better character and protagonist than Jyn, and Finn is actually good in his own right.
>>
>>92326559
>Rey meeting Luke

Luke meeting Yoda/discovering that a muppet was the great jedi master he was looking for was an iconic moment in a movie full of them. Rey meeting Luke had all the punch of the Avengers eating shawarma.

>TR8R

If you mean Finn himself I'll somewhat agree. He was the best character in the movie. If you mean the stormtrooper that yells at him I strongly disagree. That was a bland meme that resulted from millions of people watching the same movie and finding nothing else quotable.

>Rey s Kylo Ren

This lacks any of the weight that the other duels had. Even Obi-wan vs Vader in ANH had Obi-wan dying. That came the day after his aunt and uncle were murdered leaving Luke with no one other than a smuggler that talks shit to him and a stuck up princess. Obi-wan had just introduce Luke to the concept of the force and the jedi and then he's taken away before he can't teach Luke anything other than to trust his instincts.

>Han dying

I saved this for last because I legitimately forgot about it. It's probably the best hope for an iconic moment but does it come close to any other movie's strongest moment? Maybe AotC but "better than AotC" is hardly something to be proud of.

>>92327091
Compared to TFA it is functional.
>>
File: JJ2.jpg (110KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
JJ2.jpg
110KB, 853x480px
>>92327139
>Other way around.
Stopped reading there.
TFA literally ctrl v'd the OT.
By the end of TFA we now have an underdog rebellion fighting the oppressive empire AGAIN.
(remember that the Republic government and fleet were blown up).

TFA isn't a movie.
Fuck off JJ.
>>
>>92326035
If that were the case, Bruce would have died in his arms and he would have screamed to the heavens before banging Miranda, donning the batsuit, single handedly killing Bane with his bare hands while watching the fight between Talia and Catwoman, then making out with Selina on a rooftop while the city of Gotham cheers below, Bruce's ghost smiling at them approvingly from the shadows.
>>
>>92327141
>Maybe AotC but "better than AotC" is hardly something to be proud of.
I don't understand how the meme of the PT being inferior to the OT came about. The OT isn't that interesting outside certain sequences (Dagobah, early Tatooine).
The PT is consistently engaging.
>>
>>92327280
circles within circles
>>
>>92327333
I'm sorry that RLM fried your brain.
>>
>>92327354
I agree with some that they say, laugh at others and disagree with them at other times. I'm not sucking Lucas' cock just because he made the PT movies. They had their moments but failed overall.
>>
>>92327437
>but failed overall.
Source?
>>
>>92327136
>Making a movie about a forgone conclusion but having it center on mundane action instead of it's story and characters

R1 is an objectivly shitty movie and you have objectivly shitty taste for liking it. The Plinkett reviews outline exactly why it's terrible.
>>
>>92327464
My opinion. No source but me. Don't really care if a movie gets awards or recognition for being good.
>>
>>92327139
>Rogue One is fanservice pandering, fun style with no substance.

Exactly this. R1 is a glorified Star Wars fan film for people who liked Empire for all the wrong reasons.
>>
>>92327141
>Compared to TFA it is functional.

No it isn't.
>>
>>92327479
The Plinkett review is his OPINION, nothing more.
>mundane action
Even in your choice of words you betray your lack of objectivity.
You or Mike thinking the action is mundane is subjective.
>>
>>92327516
But with a brunette White woman!!
>>
>>92327141
>Luke meeting Yoda/discovering that a muppet was the great jedi master he was looking for was an iconic moment in a movie full of them. Rey meeting Luke had all the punch of the Avengers eating shawarma.
That's your opinion, and most people disagree

>If you mean Finn himself I'll somewhat agree. He was the best character in the movie. If you mean the stormtrooper that yells at him I strongly disagree. That was a bland meme that resulted from millions of people watching the same movie and finding nothing else quotable.

The whole battle was about as memorable as some of the other things you named
>The arena, Cloud city

>This lacks any of the weight that the other duels had. Even Obi-wan vs Vader in ANH had Obi-wan dying. That came the day after his aunt and uncle were murdered leaving Luke with no one other than a smuggler that talks shit to him and a stuck up princess. Obi-wan had just introduce Luke to the concept of the force and the jedi and then he's taken away before he can't teach Luke anything other than to trust his instincts.
If you seriously think
>Windu vs Sidious
>Grevious
>Yoda vs Sidious
>Yoda vs Dooku
Are iconic at all, you're delusional. I'm using your own standards here, and Rey vs Kylo Ren is more iconic than half of the other fights you named.

>I saved this for last because I legitimately forgot about it. It's probably the best hope for an iconic moment but does it come close to any other movie's strongest moment? Maybe AotC but "better than AotC" is hardly something to be proud of.
Once again, your own opinion, most disagree
>>
Guarentee people who like Rogue One also like DCEU films, Star Wars prequels, and Bayformers.

>>92327280
Please fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>92327479
I'm so sorry that you can't think independently.
>>
>>92325582
Their last review not only said GotG 2 was a good film, but better than the first. I don't know what you were expecting.
>>
File: VVyMPVe.png (361KB, 648x543px) Image search: [Google]
VVyMPVe.png
361KB, 648x543px
>>92325205
It's weird that this started out as a Batman thread and now it's a bunch of people whining over some YouTubers opinions on Star Wars.
>>
File: 1478922093784.gif (565KB, 147x154px) Image search: [Google]
1478922093784.gif
565KB, 147x154px
>>92327584
Wow, your opinions are just...shit.

The only positive things I can say about the PT are the 'you were my brother' scene and Dooku's character. At least what he could have been. He could have been one suave fuck through the three films but he was just another throw away character.
>>
>>92327558
Opinion or not, the Plinkett reviews say exactly what's wrong with R1.

>Shit characters
>Shit story
>Mundane action

The first two points are non-negotiable for films. You dont nail those, you dont have a good film. R1 failed in that department.

>>92327627
>People who dont like shitty films cant think independently

I decided I didn't like R1 long before I saw RLM. RLM happens to explain my exact problems with the films.
>>
>>92327139
>Rogue One is fanservice pandering, fun style with no substance.
This is TFA, are you retarded?

R1 is nothing like the other Star Wars movies.
>>
>>92327594
Well yeah, those movies are all great. Except Rouge One of course.
>>Please fucking kill yourself
Is only imageboard, you don't have to be mad.
>>
>>92327680
>The first two points are non-negotiable for films.
Good thing that "shit story" and "shit characters" are subjective then.

>>92327680
>Opinion or not, the Plinkett reviews say exactly what's wrong with R1.
They say what he personally thinks is wrong with them. Nothing more.
>>
>>92327680
>It's bad because it's just shit, okay? My opinions are great!
>>
>>92327722
No they are not subjective and you keep using that cop out argument to defend why you like a shitty movie.

Quit trying to be contrarian and go educate yourself on what good story and characters are.

Lucky for you the Plinkett reviews also go in-depth on those topics.
>>
>>92327858
>No they are not subjective
Source?
>>
>>92327773
I'm not getting into an autistic 100+ reply debate with you. Anyone with a lick of taste knows R1 isn't a good film. Again like I said before, RLM is spot on with their critcsim of it.
>>
>>92327858
>>92327911
I'm convinced you're just trolling now.
>>
it was such a hamfisted and forced scene. They should have just gone with his birth name being Richard Grayson and whatever the fuck name he actually used was an alias or something.
>>
>>92327139
>there is a genuinely solid foundation for a Sequel Trilogy

Yeah, a lovely foundation of "Luke is a massive fuck up" with a substrate of "Leia is a massive fuck up". The heroes of the PT also failed but that was played as a tragedy. The OT heroes failing is portrayed as business as usual. They had a mountain of post-RotJ EU material that showed how many stupid ideas people have and then they went out and reinvented the stupid.

>>92327556
>No it isn't.

How many minutes in do we find out about the new super weapon? How many minutes later is the super weapon destroyed? That's Chris-Chan level writing.

>>92327584
>That's your opinion, and most people disagree

Luke meeting Yoda is a central part of V. Rey meeting Luke was so unimportant to Abrams that he left it for the next director to develop.

>The whole battle was about as memorable as some of the other things you named
>The arena, Cloud city

The arena had the largest show of Jedi martial prowess in the entire series and ended with Yoda bringing in not!Stormtrooper reinforcements. That is so far beyond anything that happened in VII

>If you seriously think
>Windu vs Sidious

Windu vs Sidious ends with Anakin falling to the dark side. Rey vs Crybaby ends with both sides running away

>Grevious

I'll give you this because I don't have enough words left

>Yoda vs Sidious

The most powerful Jedi vs the most powerful sith fight to determine the fate of the galaxy in the halls of the senate.

>Yoda vs Dooku

After decades we finally get to see Yoda prove that "wars not make one great"

>Are iconic at all, you're delusional. I'm using your own standards here, and Rey vs Kylo Ren is more iconic than half of the other fights you named.

Kylo Ren is the most pathetic villain in the entire franchise. He's hyped up as this crazy powerful dark side guy capable of freezing blaster bolts in mid-air and then he devolves in a crybaby that gets beat by a scavenger and an ex-stormtrooper
>>
>>92326537
So why didn't they have him called Dick Grayson the whole time then do the "Use your name Robin" thing after?
>>
>>92328001
>Kylo Ren is the most pathetic villain in the entire franchise. He's hyped up as this crazy powerful dark side guy capable of freezing blaster bolts in mid-air and then he devolves in a crybaby that gets beat by a scavenger and an ex-stormtrooper
It really was pathetic.
I'm with Mark Hamill, Luke should have caught the lightsaber in the ending fight.
>>
>>92328022
I mean that would defeat the whole purpose of the scene.
>>
>>92328022
Because if pre-release stuff gives his name as a recognizable Robin name then the media will report on it. It's the same reason why Talia had to be Miranda Tate
>>
>>92328001
All of those things you named are just personal reasons you like each thing. They're not iconic scenes just because you like them. Nobody gives a shit about Yoda vs. Sidious or Yoda vs. Dooku.

>Kylo Ren is the most pathetic villain in the entire franchise. He's hyped up as this crazy powerful dark side guy capable of freezing blaster bolts in mid-air and then he devolves in a crybaby that gets beat by a scavenger and an ex-stormtrooper
Do you dislike dynamic characters or something? Would you rather have had Darth Maul?
>>
>>92328144
>Nobody gives a shit about Yoda vs. Sidious or Yoda vs. Dooku
But this is just you doing the same thing...
>>
>>92328144
>Do you dislike dynamic characters or something? Would you rather have had Darth Maul?
????
There are two villains in TPM. Palpatine is the brains, Maul is the brawn.
>>
>>92328144
If Kylo was a PT character he would have been torn to shreds, but because of 'muh practical effects' he's given a free pass.
>>
>>92328201
Except PT Obi Wan is consistently praised.

Stop trying to defend liking shitty movies. I don't know how anyone over the age of 12 can delude themselves into thinking the PT are good films.
>>
>>92328248
>I don't know how anyone over the age of 12 can delude themselves into thinking the PT are good films.
Maybe talk to some people older than 12?
>>
>>92326854
TFA may have been ANH remake, but it was still decent.
Rogue One is one of the worst films ever made.
>>
>>92328248
I don't think the PT films are good movies, nor is TFA. I'm just saying that if Kylo was a PT character he would have been torn apart.

PT Obi-wan had a couple moments but not much more than that.
>>
>>92328165
>But this is just you doing the same thing...
He said "iconic". We're talking about popular memory. I'm not talking about my own views, i actually like those fights.
>>92328201
If he was a PT character he wouldn't have a more basic personality and no chance for character development.
>>
>>92328278
I have and I still dont understand it. Then again those people were one step away from literal retardation like yourself so maybe that's it.
>>
>>92325205
>Could have just said his name was Richard Blake
>he was adopted
>real last name was then revealed as Grayson
>Dick Grayson
>fans would have gotten it
>>
>>92328310
*would have a more basic personality and no chance for character development
>>
>>92328310
>>92328340
The characters changed between each film.
>>
>>92328279
/tv/ operates on the assumption that anything "different" is automatically good.

Do you praise the chef for giving you a shitty steak that was made differently over your usual steak that is consistently cooked to perfection? No. Same goes for films. TFA functioned well as it was intended to(A sequel, a remake, and a reboot) while Rogue One fails at trying to be a spin off.
>>
>>92328310
>If he was a PT character he wouldn't have a more basic personality
No?
Anakin not having a basic personality and not falling to the dark side for the more 2D reason of "drunk on power" that fans expected would not have happened in JJ's prequel trilogy.
>>
>>92328394
And Ren was a better crafted character in TFA than Maul was in TPM or Dooku was in AotC

Just because he isn't an evil badass at the beginning of his story arc it doesn't mean he's a bad character. If you think that, your opinion is shit and it makes sense that you like the prequel.
>>
>>92328437
Instead he fell to the dark side for the 2D reason of "muh Padme",

I don't get why you feel the need to defend the prequels.
>>
File: Bruce_is_alive.png (983KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce_is_alive.png
983KB, 1500x844px
>Alfred goes to that diner and looks up and smiles
>"This scene is per-"
>cuts to a shut of Bruce Wayne
>"Fucking ruined."

Could have been the best subtle little send off to the entire movie trilogy, but no, had to get that dumb shot of Bale. I can't believe I fell for all the bullshit where Nolan kept saying he was trying to avoid the "third movie being a disappointment" trend when Rises was easily the worst of all of them.
>>
>>92328468
Better crafted than none at all. Doesn't excuse a character from being barely nothing.

A character doesn't need to be badass from the beginning. A character needs to be something.
>>
>>92326378

He truly is Robin.
>>
>>92328144
>anakin falling to the dark side isn't an iconic event

How can you be this full of shit? Ask anyone what happens in Revenge of the Sith. They'll tell you that Anakin goes evil and the bad guys win. Maybe I fucked up by referring to the events in the way that I remember them but the plot is still memorable. Ask someone what happened in TFA and they'll draw a blank and then remember that Han died.

>Do you dislike dynamic characters or something? Would you rather have had Darth Maul?

>you don't like this flavor of shit, you must like this flavor of shit

Why aim so low? There's no reason why a character can't be a worthwhile villain and have an interesting plot. TFA went out of it's way to destroy any credibility that Kylo Ren had as a villain. At the end of ANH we had Luke as newbie jedi with no knowledge about the jedi, Han as his newfound best friend, Leia as the duel love interest and Vader as the villain that killed Obi-Wan and Luke's father. At the end of TFA we have Mary Sue, nondescript pilot guy, crybaby and Finn, the only good character.

>>92328468
>at the beginning of his story arc

This isn't the beginning of his arc. His arc began when he left Luke.
>>
>>92328537
You have to be literally retarded to write this post.

Kylo Ren is an angry, insecure youth desperately trying to live up to the past glory of his grandfather while trying to suppress the parts of himself he hates. And that's only the first third of his arc. How is that "nothing"?

Meanwhile, Dark Maul was just "quiet evil guy". Dooku was "old evil guy".
>>
File: 1321925340677.jpg (6KB, 166x231px) Image search: [Google]
1321925340677.jpg
6KB, 166x231px
>>92328279
>one of the worst films ever made
Holy hyperbole, Batman.

Rogue One is a stylistically fantastic film with a two really bad pandering scenes and a very shaky narrative. It played really, really heavily to the people that hated TFA for being a blank retread of ANH. I'll agree that
>The convict and C-3PO scenes are god-awful
>The worm scene is pointless
>They don't give you anywhere near enough time to develop all of the characters but still attempt to, weakening the foundation of of the main story simultaneously
>Tarkin and Leia both had in-story purpose to be present, they tried their best and it didn't leap out as me as disgustingly jarring - but I can understand why people would hate it. It'll certainly date the movie.

But the foundation of the story is sound and the visuals and action are just fantastic and enjoyable. Rebel-Vietnam alone was more fun than I had watching the entirety of TFA. To throw the food analogy back at you - I'd rather have an interesting new dish that I've longed for but never had before that's flawed but has potential rather than the same meal I've been eating for 50 years that's good, but I've been eating it for so long that I don't feel a thing eating it anymore.

It boggles the fucking mind that RLM is willing to excuse TFA for being a reboot billed as a sequel, but Rogue One has AT-STs and AT-ATs even though it's set literally like one minute before ANH so it's the MOST PANDERINGEST THING EVER

Nevermind that TFA has literally the same guns and vehicles with some white plastered on despite it being set 50 years later. 50.
>>
>>92328605
>Ask someone what happened in TFA and they'll draw a blank and then remember that Han died.
This is completely untrue, though? Do you have some mental disorder that prevents you from realizing that all other people don't share your point of view?

>TFA went out of it's way to destroy any credibility that Kylo Ren had as a villain.
No it didn't? He can easily become a more threatening and dangerous villain after character development. You're a prequel fan, so I assume you don't know what that is. Google it.

>This isn't the beginning of his arc. His arc began when he left Luke.
That's his backstory, which will be explored further when it makes sense for his arc.. A character arc doesn't begin before the movie starts. Christ.
>>
>>92325205
Hardest I've ever rolled my eyes at a movie.
>>
>>92328805
>This is completely untrue, though? Do you have some mental disorder that prevents you from realizing that all other people don't share your point of view?

Try talking to someone other than pop culture obsessed people your age. You know, the type of person that thinks Spider-Man is going to be in the Justice League movie.

>No it didn't? He can easily become a more threatening and dangerous villain after character development. You're a prequel fan, so I assume you don't know what that is. Google it.

Bitch got punked by a newbie and was already an edgy tryhard. The only way to get around that is DBZ style powerwankery.

>A character arc doesn't begin before the movie starts.

How can you say that while talking about a franchise that literally began with the FOURTH INSTALLMENT? Or did Anakin's arc begin with him choking a bitch on the Death Star?
>>
>>92329014
>Try talking to someone other than pop culture obsessed people your age. You know, the type of person that thinks Spider-Man is going to be in the Justice League movie.
I do. Try to talk to someone other than yourself in the mirror.

>Bitch got punked by a newbie and was already an edgy tryhard. The only way to get around that is DBZ style powerwankery.
...Or character development. Plz google.
Right now, it seems like the new series is as much about Kylo's journey to become a sith lord as it is Rey's journey to become a jedi. And of course, they could take an alternate path and make it so he's not the villain by the end, or not the main one anyway.

>How can you say that while talking about a franchise that literally began with the FOURTH INSTALLMENT? Or did Anakin's arc begin with him choking a bitch on the Death Star?

Darth Vader's story arc begins with him choking a bitch. He's just a mysterious, menacing threat. As the movies go on, we learn more about his backstory. It's revealed that he isn't simply an evil machine, he still has some good left in him that can be redeemed, and his redemption comes when he saves Luke. That's Vader's story arc. The OT is a complete, self contained story. Anakin's story arc in the prequel is separate and builds on the character established in the OT.
>>
>>92329445
>I do. Try to talk to someone other than yourself in the mirror.

Good one. I'm sorry to tell you that I work a shitty job with a lot of people that use their Playstations to watch Fast and the Furious and play MLB The Show. I think that gives me a decent perspective on what "normies" think of these types of movies.

>...Or character development. Plz google.

Alright, give me a plausible way that Kylo Ren can be viable villain again.

>ARRGH I AM SO MUCH MORE DEVOTED TO THE DARK SIDE NOW I HATE ALL LIVING THINGS

This is just doubling down on his edginess which was already shown to be a joke in TFA. Why should we believe that he's actually sincere in his devotion this time?

>I have spent the last year studying FORBIDDEN TECHNIQUES to become the most amazing force user in the GALAXY

DBZ powerwank.

>both

Edgy DBZ powerwank

>And of course, they could take an alternate path and make it so he's not the villain by the end

This is probably the best option but it still leaves TFA flawed. You claimed that it is a solid foundation for the ST but how can it be if the villain is left under developed or not introduced at all? By the end of ANH Vader is responsible for killing 5 people Luke cared about (Anakin, Obi-Wan, Beru, Owen, Biggs). The reveal that he IS Anakin and then the fact that Luke "beats" him by redeeming him is very well done.

If Rey is the true villain I will recant. That would be a truly shocking development that would potentially force everyone to completely reevaluate TFA. I think this would be the only way that the ST comes close to the OT.

>Darth Vader's story arc begins with him choking a bitch

Maybe if the movie you watch is called "Star Wars" but if the movie you watch is "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope" then you begin in the middle of his arc. Lucas made that clear when he numbered the movies. Now that Disney has shown a willingness to make filler movies like Rogue One we can also say that Kylo Ren begins in the middle of his arc
>>
>>92328514
This. The only way to justify this scene is to assume it's ambiguous as to whether or not Bruce and Selina are actually there.
>>
>>92325582
>loved
There's that word again
>>
>>92325205
>"Peter, I know these last few months have been hard for you. But I’m going to a better place and I will be okay. And I will always be with you. You are the light of my life. My precious son. My little Star-Lord. Love, Mom."
>>
>>92330307
I liked that line. He's a manchild that can't get over his mother's death so he uses her nickname for him as his criminal alias.
>>
>>92327663
Some anons have a major hate boner for RLM here. Once RLM is brought up for any reason, expect it to turn into a SW thread.
>>
>>92330368
Yeah. I liked it, too. Much, much better than Nolan's "Robin" line.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.