[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Worst Rick & Morty episode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

File: jry.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jry.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>
fuck off faggot this "EPISODE" was awesome
this "SCENE" was fucking cringy
/thread
>>
>>92221359
>"/thread"'ing your own post
This episode was great and so was that scene.

The better episodes to nominate for worst episode are the second commercials episode and the purge episode.
>>
That one episode where Morty got molested made me feel so, so uncomfortable.
>>
Season 3 Episode 1

Instead of properly cracking down on all the drama built up in Season 2B up to the finale, they instead decided to erase most of Rick's problem in just a single 20 minute episode with an unbelievably rushed pacing.

Like, the machine that Rick uses to transfer his mind to other people and other Rick is quite literally a plot device, it's there to actually speed it up and make him reach his goals much faster with the least effort possible. Even after the fall of two massive empires and headquarters, and shilling for McDonald's and getting the entirety of Reddit to meme for a shitty nearly 20-year-old nugget sauce for a month now, they STILL find time to shit on Jerry and jerk off Rick's bloated ego even more.

tl;dr They took the Steven Universe route by building up something for a while and solving it within a single episode, and that's shitty writing.
>>
>>92221413
>When OP gets cornered and tries to throw the shame on random anon
shame on you faggot
purge and commercials episode were fucking based.
>>
File: 1431222934135.jpg (42KB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
1431222934135.jpg
42KB, 285x285px
guys guys guys. They're all terrible
>>
>>92221442
Oh god, you really thought the show was going to stop being episodic, weren't you? You poor, stupid bastard.
>>
>>92221279
What episode isn't the worst?
>>
>>92221442

>inb4 rick sanchez is still in prison
>>
>>92221442
It was on point and funny. Had the same elements, felt like it was what was supposed to happen.
What the fuck did YOU want it to be?
12 episodes of Rick and Morty being a drama?
>>
>>92221279
they're all pretty 'eh'
>>
>>92221442
It never ceases to amaze me that there are people stupid enough to be suckered by cliff hanger endings of episodic series. Somehow, despite these types of shows NEVER EVER taking a jackknife turn into serious drama, they still think it's going to happen every time.
>>
>>92221279

>not gazorpazorp episode

Only the B-plot made that episode any good at all
>>
>>92221489
Eat a dick, faggot. I'm up for episodic content, but they made it dramatic in Season 2 and glorified Birdperson's death and Tammy's identity, so they should solve it properly like how they started it instead of fucking everything up.
>>
>>92221561
choke on a dick retard
it was how rick and morty always was and will be
>>
>>92221561

Sorry anon, but you being mad is part of the joke. Apparently the plan all along was to make people care about the show by pretending it was deeper than it was, then shit all over them because the writers don't actually care that much. Just embrace the reddit memes.
>>
>>92221279

I have to laugh every time I see somebody criticizing great television shows made for us normal people who actually leave our house to interact with other normal people. Fuck these autist cunts in their fedora-wearing asses. It's like some unwritten rule in their pathetic notebook that they have to be miserable at everything, that the world is "shit" and everything they hear or see is "shit" and the agenda of everyone is "shit".

We get it. We watched that South Park episode, too. You have Asperger's Syndrome. Now drink some whisky, lighten the fuck up and seek help for it. You're not the only one in that boat, bucko.

WE rule this board, now. WE decide who's cool and who's not. You rock spiders clinging to the 4chan of the past? The ones that yearn for Bela Tarr marathons while you lick Dorito crumbs off of your fingers and weep for "being born in the wrong generation"? You're archaic. You're ancient fucking history. You've been left behind.

Come out of your basement, you cave-dwellers. Come and celebrate the new millennium by watching Rick & Morty with the rest of us. It's the present year and we have cake. Even though it's a lie.
>>
>>92221438
>tfw secretly hope to find r34 of it, just to see
>>
>>92221534
No, just make it into a 2-episode Season Premier, that way it wouldn't be this awfully fast and they'll have time building up for jokes.

>>92221600
If it really was, then they wouldn't have made it dramatic in Season 2 and ended it on a serious cliffhanger. Gobble Roiland's dick harder, cunt.

>>92221612
I'm not one of those MUH DEEP fags, I just want to see something wrapped up in the same pace it got started. Like I said above, I wanted it to take two episodes to solve the entirety of Season 2B's drama, and THEN we can go back to the episodic content.
>>
>>92221656
I was about to agree with you until you shoehorned in autistic Portal and South Park references.

>WE rule the board, WE decide what's cool, and WE bring it to you, the people.
>>
>>92221438
If it makes you uncomfortable you probably got molested and forgot about it, like many children do.
You dad? Uncle? Mom? Brother? Cousin? Teacher?
>>
>>92221656
>>92221712
It's either an obscure copypasta or just that anon being autistic, don't mind him or agree with him, dude.
>>
>>92221716
or he's probably a normal human being who doesn't like to watch molestation, animated or otherwise
>>
>>92221712
>>92221740
I wouldn't call it obscure, but it's a copypasta
>>
>>92221438
They toned it back from the original draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpejckQgpeg
>>
>>92221716
Uh, it's a normal human behavior to get disgusted or creeped out by molestation, neck yourself for being an autist.
>>
>>92221703
>I'm not one of those MUH DEEP fags

I mean, I don't think it's this deep font of philosophical wisdom either, but the writers were clearly going for a decent amount of character depth across multiple episodes, and S3E1 was them deciding they weren't interested in it anymore and turning that change in philosophy into a joke at the expense of the audience who was invested. That also extends to the "lore" in the form of the overarching plot threads that people were interested in.
>>
>>92221279
Before the memes, I watched this show and thought it was funny but not as much as it should have been. First season had some good laughs, then the laughs stopped and turned to chuckles. Later, chuckles to smirk. Afterwards I'd find myself just watching it because it had good animation and being an artist myself I tolerated it. However, Now I unironically love this show just because of how much the trapped basement lard asses on /tv/ hate it so much. They hate it because this show is a ton fucking better than their shit fucking sewage drain pipe of a show called "Sopranos" which I stopped mid season 4 of because how fucking boring and pathetic it was. This isn't pasta if you've read till here, motherfucker. Sopranos suck donkey dick and everytime you spew your shitty memes about it on /tv/ the pores in your body open up more and emit the virgin scent of failure that your existence is. Rick and Morty is a great fucking show and /tv/ faggots can lick the schezuan sauce off my nuts. Fuck off now
>>
>>92221279
I can't fit every episode in one image.
>>
>>92221279

That's not Look Who's Purging Now.
>>
>>92221561
>>92221600

man, you guys are gayer than Jerry
>>
Easily "Interdimensional Cable II" or whatever it was called. The only interesting part was Jerry's penis subplot.
>>
>>92221279
Whichever one made us wait for an actual good show for a week, and moved its entire schedule forward by the same amount.
>>
>>92222166
did you really miss Ashi that much?
>>
>>92221799
That was fucking garbage and I would have rather spent that 4 minutes sucking the shit out of my own asshole.
>>
>>92222222
>>
>>92221716
I figured any natural person would feel uncomfortable with it, but yeah, I was touched inappropriately as a kid.
>>
>>92221279
either Interdimensional Cable II or Get Schwifty
>>
>>92221413
>Plumbus
>Lil' Bits

Fuck off m8
>>
>>92223318
explain how Lil' Bits is funny anon?
>>
>>92223382
Anything is funny when your stoned
>>
File: bill sly.jpg (144KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
bill sly.jpg
144KB, 1252x1252px
>>92223412
you sure about that?
>>
>>92223382
If you didn't find it funny, I don't know what the fuck you want from Rick and Morty.
>>
>>92223462
It's usually funny, I just don't get why people find that particular bit so hilarious
I'm convinced some people watch it without knowing which parts to laugh at because they always spout quotes that weren't funny to begin with.
The show is good... but not that good.
>>
I remember not liking The Purge episode, it was so gratuitous for the sake of being gratuitous.
>>
>>92221612
if that really was the plan then why would you support a show that's against you? reminds me of how Family Guy willingly wastes our time with dumb cutaway skits and overlong jokes with the smug undertone that we'll still watch it because we're stupid and easily amused.
>>
>>92223981
>the purge
Their biggest crime was making feline-like anthros unattractive, it's almost reverse art. How the fuck could you fuck up anthro cats?
>>
>>92221656

Someone took the time to write this.
>>
>>92221716
>watch movie where person dies
>cry
>It must be because someone you loved dieded!

Get fucked
>>
>>92225652
The important thing is that no one needs to waste their time reading it.
>>
File: 1486564085005.jpg (52KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
1486564085005.jpg
52KB, 600x604px
>>92221656
>reddit format
>autistic post
>all this newfaggotry

This better be just a coppypasta
>>
>>92223318
I don't understand why the Plumbus thing is funny. Like I get that Roiland is just ad libbing, and that it's impressive, but for the Plumbus bit all he does is make up "Rick and Morty" sounding words like grumbo or flurbus and string them together.
>>
>>92225615
Morty's love interest cat was kinda cute.
>>
>>92223318
Eat some fucking shit, you fucking stupid bitch.

Hahaha, not kidding
>>
>>92225849
the joke is that he just spouted out this random gibberish and some poor animators had to figure out what the fuck he could be describing and draw it.
>>
>>92221279
The second TV show episode was painfully unfunny.
>>
Get Schwifty, of course.
>>
>>92221550
They want every show to turn into fucking Moral Orel.
>>
>>92225714
The post is shit but I don't see the problem with the spacing, why are people being so autistic about this?
>>
>>92221413
The Purge episode was great because of "It Feels Good." I hadn't heard that song in ages and to have it pop up at that point had me dying.
>>
>>92226191
Forget it anon, it's /co/
>>
>>92221359
Because it reminded you of your own repressed latent homosexuality?
>>
>>92221279
has anybody played the Total Rickall card game?
For a tie-in it's amusing.
Not 16$ USD, but maybe 5$ amusing.
>>
>>92222148
That wasn't even a good subplot. Even by R&M standards it was just too stupid to be funny.

Season 1 was really good, but season 2 was pretty bad in general.
>>
>>92227740
I felt the same way. There were a few standout moments and some great episodes/concepts like Jerryboree but for the most part it was worse.
>>
>>92221279
That episode was decent the worst episodes are the improv ones, the interdimensional channels are a quirky idea but I hated them so damn much
>>
>>92227820
The first one was funny and was at least unique, but the second one was awful. Lightning doesn't strike twice.

The second one also did that really annoying thing of "Let's have Morty say specifically what the joke was instead of just letting it resonate with the audience." Any commentary in the first one was either a separate joke or the punchline to the improv. The second one was nothing but explaining the joke we just saw.
>>
>>92221279
The joke is that we find out the aliens can only create good memories. Not just any memories. So the joke is that Jerry is gay
>>
i liked the one with the dog in that power armor desu.
>>
test
>>
>>92227155
The most ridiculous thing is that people have been writting with paragraphs and space on 4chan FOR AGES before reddit.
>>
>>92230299
I remember before we suddenly had a hateboner for reddit, I'm not saying it was better back then but the anti-reddit shitposting is really annoying
>>
Reddit and Memey
>>
>>92221279
ITT: Shit taste
>>
>>92221438
That was the point. It wasn't played for laughs but for drama
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.