[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since /co/ is full of retards that will completely ignore the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 478
Thread images: 75

File: tumblr_opi8b0F2ZB1smfp4zo1_1280.png (159KB, 593x799px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opi8b0F2ZB1smfp4zo1_1280.png
159KB, 593x799px
Since /co/ is full of retards that will completely ignore the flaws of anything that happens to make Tumblr upset and won't stop screeching at and calling dissenters of the recent episode virgins, lets discuss the dissapointing downward spiral of Samurai Jacks final season so far.

Who in the world thought that having some dumb romance in SJ of all cartoons with only ten episodes to spare was a good idea?
>>
>>92167114
I think it's fine. The relationship is cute and both characters deserve happiness, no matter how fleeting it may be.
>>
>>92167141
I'm jealous of your positivity for this, I found it so out of tone and place for this show that I actually found it kind of disgusting. Doesn't help that Ashi is fucking boring and and the set up of the relationship sucked ass.
you can make them a couple, but the moment you believe that something as lame as that deserves a song to play over WHATCHA, you're dead to me
>>
>>92167114
I still plan on sticking with it until the end but the decline in the show's quality is absolutely palpable.

The retarded pacing is one of my biggest gripes.
>inb4 its just 10 episodes!
fuck off.
>>
File: The duality of co.png (113KB, 594x521px) Image search: [Google]
The duality of co.png
113KB, 594x521px
>>92167114
>>
>>92167114
i'm not against the relationship, I wish it had more build up in the previous seasons, or at least took up less overall time of the short final season.
>>
>>92167332
P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>92167262
But it wasn't just any song. It was DEAN FUCKING MARTIN, you pleb.
That being said, I do agree that the relationship between Jack and Ashi seemed both rushed and forced, but I won't let that ruin the show for me. Jack deserves this happiness and I think that ending scene was a pretty good slap in the face to keep the audience interested and excited.
What will ruin the show for me is if Ashi somehow ends up becoming the main focus of episode 9 and/or 10 with Jack taking a backstage role. Ain't no bitch gonna upstage my time-travelling samurai, no sir.
>>
I'm fine with a romance if the execution is good, I have a bigger issue with the increasing ambiguity of the plot. Like I thought the Ghost Samurai that kept following Jack around would have a cool backstory about how he came from the past. The weird dream stage of acquiring his sword too. None of it feels satisfying. It just seems like they just tack on whatever seems cool and the audience will let it go because it's a cartoon, it barely seems coherent anymore.
>>
>>92167433
This, at this point I think it's fair to assume the finale is going to be lukewarm.
>>
>>92167332
So OP is right?
>>
File: 1493851871321.png (1MB, 600x1492px) Image search: [Google]
1493851871321.png
1MB, 600x1492px
>>92167281
>fuck off.

Nice deflection of the argument. Gennedy literally only has 10 episodes for this season. You think he was glad for that? No. He was given 10 and no more. Turns out even gennedy can only do so much in only ten.
>>
>>92167433
>whatever seems cool and the audience will let it go because it's a cartoon
That's literally what Samurai Jack has always been about, though. Cool shit happening because cool shit is cool.
>>
>>92167114
Quit acting so surprised that this is happening.
We all should of had the foresight to see this shitty route as a possibility.
>>
I'm not against the romance at all, and even though I didn't like the episode that much, the relationship itself is not what annoys me.

There's only 2 episodes left now, and this next episode will more then likely be about fighting the Guardian again. While it could be a great episode, that leaves us only 1 episode to deal with Aku, the Scotsman's child army, and wrapping up everything. I'm really worried that the ending will be rushed, and having the Jashi episode be just about the relationship, and not expand the main plot, increases those odds.
>>
>>92167114
OR you people realize that Genndy might just be toying with everyone. That jump cut to a kiss with cheesy background music then cut to black and THEN back... He's just shitposting at this point.
>>
>>92167614
10 episodes is plenty to wrap it up, a 2 hour movie would suffice to be honest.
>>
>>92167114
The pacing is progressively getting worse.
What happened to Scaramouch? What about the Scotsman? There could have easily been cutaway scenes showing shit like this between GENNEDY'S WILD INNUENDO RIDE.
Judging by the next ep's preview, Jack and Ashi are in the desert to get to ruins, but this isn't explained during the ep either.
>>
>>92167658
I don't know man, the first three episodes were fucking great and seemed promising
>>
>>92167683
Scaramouch! I completely forgot about him!

So we have to deal with Aku, the Scots, Scaramouch, and wrapping the ending up in a good way, and with this next episode most likely going to be dedicated to the Guardian, we could only have one episode to do it.

This is worrying.
>>
>>92167700
I'll never fucking understand why people say this. Episode 1 was fucking terrible and had shit pacing as much as the episodes now.
If it wasn't for Scaramouche it'd definitely be the weakest out of all of them.
>>
>>92167656
but the other seasons actually have cool shit, this is just lame stuff tacked on for nostalgia
>>
>>92167668
I really hope so, maybe it's some huge ass ruse that'll cause /co/ to implode on itself.
But I think he just wanted to emphasize the fact that jack has some dumb chick on his dick now.
>>
>>92167656
cool shit happening because it's cool but with a purpose and a coherent plot though, like if he has to help out an oppressed people it's to demonstrate the oppression of a world rule by Aku and Jack's good heart, same with the better episodes of Jack.

But with this new season just take last episode for instance, what was the whole monster trapped in a cage about? what was the facility for? why was the monster made of small, venomous creatures and how can one object destroy it? none of these questions are answered.
>>
>>92167114
You see, I don't hate the romance.

I think it's great jack finally found love.

But ten episodes is not enough time to redeem a completely new character.

He should have tried to get more episodes, even just two more would have helped the pacing massively.
>>
>>92167821
Watch literally any old episode and ask yourself those same retarded questions. Why didn't the fucking spartans just fucking leave?
>>
>>92167614
He originally wanted a movie and was convinced to do more
>>
File: purpose.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
purpose.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>92167141
>The character needs love!

First off, Ashi is not a character, she's a plot device.

Second, Jack is a cartoon character, not a person that needs love or whatever.

Third, this dogshit stunt basically killed all of Jack's character. We had seen him grow in the previous seasons, we had seen his attitude towards relationships and what happened whenever he was in one. We saw him evolve as someone pure and stoic as the plot required him to be like that. And more importantly, the tone this series begins with, the outcome of a 50 year worthless struggle and his new aesthetics, all of it is dropped since the plot device called Ashi was introduced.

All of us knew it from the start. It's a 10 fucking episode cinematic series, we want to see how our Jackie boy overcomes himself and regains his path. Adding further characters when all of his characteristics are already set from other seasons is unnecessary, and in this case, degrading. What does Ashi contribute to Jack's character? It trivializes it. Jack didn't overcome his suicidal thoughts, Ashi literally killed them.

Among other things, focus on this character made the pacing be all over the place. We didn't need to see jack babysit a monkey in a monsters gut for 20 minutes, we didn't need to be reminded why Aku is evil,we didn't need to have all the fucking cameos say what we already saw in the previous seasons, we didn't need to see the overpowered mary sue character that Ashi is by brooming through an army of robots just by using brute force, and most importantly of all, we didn't need to see Jack turned into a horny teen for an entire episode that provided nothing plotwise.

Genndy turned a well beloved series with a promising chance to wrap up the whole plot into his own shitty fanfic to wank at. It seems he ran out of ideas at episode 3 and used his fetishes as filler instead.
>>
>>92167114
>dissenters of the recent episode
nigga nobody's trying to put you in a camp
>>
>>92167821
>what was the whole monster trapped in a cage about? what was the facility for?
It was a prison made to contain the galaxies deadliest creature, as Jack and the episode promo say.

>why was the monster made of small, venomous creatures and how can one object destroy it?
Rule of cool, also space future monsters are weird. As for the object, probably a failsafe put in by the ship's security to kill it if it ever got out. As for why they didn't just kill it themselves? Experimentation, judging by how much information the ship's computers have.

I'll never understand why people have to ask such questions that can be resolved with a little digging or rational thinking, assuming questions need to be asked at all.
>>
>>92167932
why don't you try to understand what the fuck im saying you fucking mong? i have no problem with the ridiculousness of the plot, just give more dimensions and nuances for the events comes together and connects so the plot is more satisfying.

what's more interesting? that ashi is a ninja bitch raised from birth to kill Jack or that she's a random ninja bitch who wants to kill Jack?
>>
>>92167932
Right, man. If Aku's reign is so bad, why doesn't everybody just leave?

Your headcanon is 10/10 pure kino plots.
>>
>>92167114
Back to your containment thread, SUfag
>>
>>92167951
>he doesn't know more seasons are coming
>>
>>92167944
>was convinced to do more

He had no choice. CN was never going to greenlight a movie (especially since Genndy wanted it to be theatrical and not just a TV film) they wanted something they could use to help boost the Toonami brand for a sustained period of time. Reruns of Jack do quite well on AS so they also wanted more episodes that they could add to that package.

A movie was never a serious possibility, no matter how much Gennedy wanted it.
>>
I'm disappointed that the episode didn't advance the main plot at all, given the limited time available. It's almost as if they randomly slapped an episode from the older version of the show into this season.

It's too late now, though. I just hope they deal with both Aku and the Guardian in heavy detail on the last two episodes.
>>
I personally found the whole "Daughters of Aku" shit the most dissapointing and pointless.

The fuck was the point of showing us these super assassin girls, hyping them up, and then having them just fucking die in the third episode with the only named girl miraculously surviving?

My best bet is that it was only to give Jacks new gf some sad backstory and him healing her as a way to take up the other episodes since Genndy couldn't think of anything else.
>>
>>92168042
why is there a prison in the middle of nowhere that contains the deadliest creatures? Also they literally just pressed buttons to activate it. What happened to the other creatures?see, still more random, ambiguous shit.

Yeah I should have thought about that episode more and I missed a few things because the ending was distracting but it's still far from coherent and clear. The same with most of these episodes, things just happen randomly with zero narrative flow.
>>
>>92167951
>First off, Ashi is not a character

Stopped reading there. If you're not even going to use the proper terminology then why should anyone listen to five paragraphs of your whining?

A character doesn't stop being a character just because you don't like her.

Why don't you peddle that shit on Tumblr, I'm pretty sure they've decided that the only real characters are gay disabled trans autistic ones. You'll fit right in.
>>
>>92168162
Who the fuck cares about more seasons?

Jack is dead. He died in the fall of episdoe 3. The end. Jackie boy failed his kin, Genndy failed us. Let this pile of shit season die already.
>>
>>92168267
The prison fell from space for ~reasons~ and landed in the desert
>>
ITT: bootyblasted daughterfags
>>
>>92168286
>Tumblr
Here we go again
>>
>>92168300
yeah exactly "reasons"
>>
>>92168267
It was in space. No better place to isolate prisoners
>>
>>92168309
not an argument
>>
>>92168309
t.autistic shippertard who will look past shit for shoehorned romance
>>
>>92168286
>So assblasted with the truth that he makes 3 fucking lines of shitposts for 7 words.
Stay a pleb, shippershit.
>>
>>92168344
Nah man, pretty sure you're the autist for reeeing over a cartoon romance
>>
>>92167114

What will be Ashi's revelation next episode?
I'm betting she is actually Aku's daughter.
>>
>>92167114
Nice salt thread op
Who in the world thought that having some dumb romance in SJ of all cartoons with only ten episodes to spare was a good idea?
Genddy 'Bane of robots and landwhales' did

Problems with the season are pacing and underwhelming arcs, you can discuss that in whatever thread you want as long as you dont out yourself as a buttblasted autist
>>
>>92168410
Clear up something i don't understand.

If people like you don't give a single shit about the show or the plot, why is that you think your opinion is more important than the people who do care?

Why are you still here?
>>
>>92168410
What? Shit's lame as fuck bro, I'm sorry that you get overtly smug over people not liking your pointless romance though
>>
>>92167114
Wrong
>>
>>92168267
>why is there a prison in the middle of nowhere that contains the deadliest creatures?
Because what planet would want to have a prison that contains the galaxies deadliest creatures?

> Also they literally just pressed buttons to activate it.
Activate what, the prison? Would you rather have Jack take hacking classes so he can rewire the access ports or do you want to actually have an episode? Just assume all the buttons they pressed were on buttons since that's what happened.

>What happened to the other creatures?
Once would assume the "Deadliest Creature in the Galaxy" ate them all.

>see, still more random, ambiguous shit.
See, this is why people generalize you all as nitpickers, because that's literally what you're doing. You're not even trying to enjoy the show anymore, just looking for more flaws to disappoint yourself with.

>>92168327
Because it collided with a meteor?
>>
2>3>1>8>7>4>5>6
>>
>>92168445
I never said that i didn't care about the show, i just don't see the point in getting autistic over a cartoon romance
>>
>>92168445
>y-you're not a real fan
cry some more, faggot
>>
I'm convinced this is Ikra 2.0. It's the only acceptable answer
>>
>>92168294
Go back to your shithole where you belong
>>
>>92168449
NaCl
>>
>>92168552
More salt than the tunnels under detroit
>>
>>92168267
I understand what youre trying to get at, but I think you're just expecting a bit too much of a explanation regarding this single setting.
Original SJ has didn't really explain it's setting too much either most of the time.

It would've been cool if we saw more of the place however, spooky prisons rock
>>
File: 1490510199851.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490510199851.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Apparently Ashi has a secret that Aku is gonna blow next ep, if the descriptions are correct.
What do you guys think it'll be?
>Aku is really Ashi's father
>Ashi is pregnant
>Ashi is infertile
>Ashi is actually one of Jack's descendants
>>
>>92168518
Aku plays the long game, no doubt, but not THAT long, besides if he knew Jack didn't have his sword he'd be able to instagib him and live happily evil and invulnerable forever.
>>
>>92168486
>Because what planet would want to have a prison that contains the galaxies deadliest creatures?
What civilization would want the galaxies deadliest creatures alive?

This episode was nothing but innuendos.The "deadliest creature", which is not even one of the Minions of Set, is monster of the week-tier.
>>
>>92168589
How could Jack have descendants?
>>
>>92168517

>y-you're not a real fan

Is not what he's saying.
>>
File: 1486401954393.png (175KB, 322x337px) Image search: [Google]
1486401954393.png
175KB, 322x337px
>>92168518
I would cry tears of sheer joy and choke to death on my own, never ending laughter if Aku tricks jack for the THIRD fucking time
>>
>>92168486
it's way too random and ambiguous, no matter how much you want to assume. more concrete explanations would produce more nuance to the plot.

literally no explanation how and why that prison exists, how the weapon was activated, and what happened to the other organisms in the ship.
>>
>>92167114
/co/ is a meme board, taylor made for reddit
>>
>>92168589
The shocking revelation is either that she's with jack, meaning that he can use her to get to him, or that she's pregnant, which is going to be a parallel between the final battle and the one between jack's dad and aku
>>
>>92168566
this particular episode wasn't too bad compared to the other episodes though i admit, im just saying it's getting way too ambiguous and random, at least explain some things.
>>
EVERYBODY LOVES SOMEBODY SOMETIMES
>>
>>92168686
>and what happened to the other organisms in the ship.
The "he ate everyone else" explanation seems to make sense to me.
>>
>>92168762
>tfw my anger actually comes from the fact that no one will love me
;_;
>>
>>92168781
So does half the people complaining about it. If not more.

Its ok anon, you can enjoy someone elses love without getting upset.

try it sometimes.
>>
>>12842381
>>
>>92168589
Ashi is the reincarnation of Jackie-boy's mother. A little reverse Back to the Future fuckery.
>>
>>92168765
so at least convey that they were eaten by some blood streaks or carcasses to produce more suspense and terror.

they could have also escaped somehow when they landed.

the point is theyre leaving way too much to our imagination.
>>
>>92168804
>Still trying to call people who shit on your ship of two draeinga lonely virgins
At least think of something new instead of repeating the same thing
>>
>>92168875
You should send an email to genndy about your opinions then. get back to me when he rips your ass a new hole.
>>
>>92168875
It's the only defense they have, nobody other than virgins can possible hate lame forced romance that has barely been built up.
>>
File: Screenshot (222).png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (222).png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>92167114
It's like the r/the_donald tourists on /pol/. They'll ignore any flaws in Trump's presidency because he triggers liberals.
>>
File: glad.jpg (13KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
glad.jpg
13KB, 185x273px
>>92168762
>tfw 50 YEARS WORTH OF CUM is canon and all tumblr and /r9k/ can do is cry with impotent rage
>>
>>92168908
Error: no argument found
>>
File: 9d1.jpg (17KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
9d1.jpg
17KB, 500x375px
>>92168936
I TOWAH OPEN A HOLE IN ASHI

WHERE MY SEMEN IS L A W
>>
How do you measure whether something is forced/shoehorned or not?
>>
>>92168686
I'm honestly starting to believe that bit about /co/ not understanding storytelling is true when there are people like you who exist that demand to be spoonfed every little minute and pointless detail.

>iterally no explanation how and why that prison exists
We do, it's made to house the Galaxies deadliest creatures. As to how it exists? Clearly, someone made it, doesn't matter who.

>how the weapon was activated
Neither does Ashi or Jack, which was the point of the damn thing to give the final fight against the thing a more tense weight.

>and what happened to the other organisms in the ship.
They escaped or were eaten.

You're mistaking your own inability to think for the incoherence of plot. What you want is useless fluff, unneeded and takes away from the tale the episode is trying to tell.

>>92168858
>so at least convey that they were eaten by some blood streaks or carcasses to produce more suspense and terror.
You mean visible body parts left by a creature with hundreds of mouths that MELTS its prey, something that would usually leave no actual trace of the deceased?

> to produce more suspense and terror.
Not needed, the fact they heard it screaming and they were being followed is more than adequate.

>they could have also escaped somehow when they landed.
Who's to say some didn't? The episode isn't about Creature #1334, it doesn't matter if we saw if some got away or not.

>the point is theyre leaving way too much to our imagination.
No, the point is that you refuse to use your brain and are creating your own problems to complain about it.
>>
>>92168999
whatever anon doesn't like is forced, lame, shoehorned and generic
>>
Can't wait til the tourists leave and we can have an honest discussion of this show.
>>
>>92168908
I'm sorry that I insulted your self-insert and rushed cartoon relationship
>>92168912
Only annoying shippers are autistic enough to think anyone is as invested in cartoon relationships as they are, unless it actually effects the story/flow
>>92168875
*drawings
>>
>>92167114
I don't mind the relationship (even though Ashi i a dull, dull fucking character) but wasting 1/10th of the very last season on it was fucking stupid.
>>
>>92168506

Nothing has any ultimate point. People just do things due to cause and effect.

It's not all bad though. After all, where would you get your entertainment if no one were complaining?
>>
>>92168858
>so at least convey that they were eaten by some blood streaks or carcasses
The Worm That Walks ate them. It makes sense that it wouldn't leave any organic matter behind, it's a mass of ravening insects. Do you know how clean a bunch of carpenter beetles can strip a carcass? This thing as like that, except it also eats bone.

>to produce more suspense and terror.
They were already in a derelict prison spaceship. That was pretty suspenseful.
>theyre leaving way too much to our imagination.
They're really not. This is an entirely reasonable amount to leave to our imagination.

Sorry anon, but you're nitpicking. I recognize the season has flaws and I often get accused of nitpicking myself when I bring them up, but you're really doing it. You're autistically focusing on the most trivial shit.
>>
>>92169077
>self inserted

ARE

YOU

RETARDED

HAHAHAH STOP FUCKING PROJECTING

MY BAD YOU DONT LIKE GENNDYS OFFICIAL SHIP MY DUDE STAY MAD
>>
>>92169059
>muh newfags
sorry you can't tolerate opposed opinions, tumblr
>>
>>92169124
Ayo relax nigra, you gotta be subtle for it to work you know?
>>
>>92168912
>>92168552
>>
>>92169178
thats what I though. keep thinking you own genndys decision making.
>>
>>92169003
why is it made to house the deadliest creatures and who made it? literally has no explanation, it's just a "cool" concept.

so they randomly pressed buttons, that's so bland and stupid. i understand it was meant to add suspense but them figuring out something about the device during combat to make it work would provide more suspense.

What you call useless fluff is prime things that could provide nuances and texture to a plot.

I don't think its venom melts its prey and if it did wouldn't there be melted shit on the ship?

The point is they're leaving way too much to the imagination, or can you explain the dream stage of acquiring his sword, the ghost samurais, and that weird fucking plant of the kid creatures.
>>
>>92169264
Oh my bad anon, I promise I'll stop bullying your lovely little ship.
Don't get a heart attack, okay?
>>
>>92169113
i already said this episode wasn't too bad compared to other episodes.

But this was just too ambiguous and random for my taste.
>>
>>92167262
>kind of disgusting
If your are going to pretend to not be tumblr, do it rigth.
>>
>>92169339
>my ship
>its genndy's cannon relationship

I dont think you know how that word works.
>>
>>92169339
>bullying
'bitching about' is the correct term for what you're doing
>>
File: 060-01.jpg (81KB, 400x424px) Image search: [Google]
060-01.jpg
81KB, 400x424px
>>92169334

Watch any other episode of any of the 5 seasons. Tell me how much of it is left to iterpretation.

Fuck, episode 1, season 1 is that. You retard
>>
>>92169384
I mean it still sucks, what's the difference?
>>
>>92167433
Samurai jack has always been like this, quick to take and drop material to advance to the next thing, some people may not like it but this the kind of series samurai jack has always been and even if it had all the episodes they needed, it would be like this.
>>
File: Phantom.png (228KB, 531x342px) Image search: [Google]
Phantom.png
228KB, 531x342px
>>92167951
>First off, Ashi is not a character, she's a plot device.
>Second, Jack is a cartoon character, not a person that needs love or whatever.
Well it's nice to know that you don't understand what you're talking about, Anon. So long
>>
>>92169334
confirmed for bait or never actually watching the show
>>
>>92169410
He's just being a dumb babby, ignore him
cute picture
>>
>>92169411
>>92169417
>>
>>92167951
this tbqh
jack should've ultimately killed ashi
would've made his redemption more meaningful
fuck the dead kids, that shit was just dumb
>>
>>92169436
That show was the shit
>>
>>92167951
Oh please. The only gorwing in the original series was in the premiere movie, season1 when he defeated mad jack(and thus his own anger issues) and when he learned to "jump good". The rest of the episodes mostly have him being the same a lone hero wandering around the world in search of time portals.
>>
>>92169381
Tumblr tumblr tumblr blah blah blah
Go back to taking some screenshots on that site since you can't get enough of it
>>
>>92169471
Coldjack the hedgeheg
>>
>>92169450

Also how in the fuck is the relationship shoehorned in?

Does anon not know how real people bond, you know, in real life?
>>
>>92169471
In the end, he's not a samurai himself. He can't make himself accountable for his own actions.
>>
>>92169410
the better episodes aren't this shittily made, like the warriors colluding to capture his bounty.

besides in the last season, they should have stronger episodes.
>>
>>92169334
>literally has no explanation,
In a setting where we know interplanetary travel, scores of spacefaring races (at least), and thousands of varieties of dangerous monsters exist. It doesn't really call for further explanation.

The specific details of what kind of space alien rounded the creatures up and what their goal was are extraneous. It's not worth expanding on.

The WAAUGH! of Warhammer orks in the previous episode, who just happened to show up at the remote mountain where Jack was meditating? With no hint of how they learned his location, or whether they were hired by Ashi's mom? That could have used some fleshing out. But this point you're hung up on is just nitpicking.
>>
>>92167114
i still like this show but this is what bothered me about this episode.
its not the age thing.its not the fact that they put a romance.its the fact that the episode was shit, specially in a 10 episode mini series.
The pacing on these last few episodes has been pretty terrible. One exposition dump and ashi goes from autistic violent bitch to a good person. One episode and jack gets back his sword. Half of an episode and jack defeats the Omen. One episode and they are alredy a couple.
This is way too fast and in the grand scheme of things, makes the show look like its running to dump all of these plot points as fast as they can and not realizing its rushed.
also the episode in itself was boring. jack and ashi trapped in a huge alien box and fighting this weird bug thingy with no personality, jack acting like a dumbass, the whole "how to make this device work" shit, ashi not knowing why being naked is bad and yet she made a dress in a previous episodes, etc.
The problem isnt the intention.Its the execution.
>>
>>92169563

Tell me how a broken individual, vindicated by getting a young maniac redpilled, and then realizing their love through a near death experience isn't "strong" to you, please.
>>
>>92169675
>Their love
They wanted to fuck, theres no love in there.
>>
>>92167141
I agree, I'm all for Jack not wallowing in his own misery forever. However, I do think the season needed at least 5+ episodes more, a LOT of things are very rushed and compressed.

But I guess it's also about your expecations, I wanted closure for the show more than anything, but I can see if you wanted more of the classic stuff you'd be disapointed.
>>
File: SOMETIMES.png (183KB, 588x327px) Image search: [Google]
SOMETIMES.png
183KB, 588x327px
>>92169334
This is gonna be my last reply because I'm talking to a fucking brick wall here.

>why is it made to house the deadliest creatures and who made it?
Because people wanted them away and to also learn more about them. As to who made it? Like I said, it literally doesn't fucking matter.

>it's just a "cool" concept.
Yeah, it is. You say that like it's a bad thing.

>so they randomly pressed buttons, that's so bland and stupid. i understand it was meant to add suspense but them figuring out something about the device during combat to make it work would provide more suspense.
How would either have figured out anything about said device? Jack didn't hear the information and neither did Jashi since she was looking through the armory. Randomly pressing shit was the only option and neither had any way to "figure" it out.

>What you call useless fluff is prime things that could provide nuances and texture to a plot.
Maybe, but the lack of said fluff doesn't detract from the story at all. I sure as shit would rather get on with the episode too instead of learning about the construction of said prison.

>I don't think its venom melts its prey and if it did wouldn't there be melted shit on the ship?
Did you forget the part where the venom literally melted bits of the ship and Ashi's clothes?

>The point is they're leaving way too much to the imagination, or can you explain the dream stage of acquiring his sword, the ghost samurais, and that weird fucking plant of the kid creatures.
The point is that you're being a retard. The dream stage was Jack battling his inner rage after meditating, the Ghost Samurai was a long dead spirit upset that Jack had forgotten his purpose and had stopped practising the way of the Samurai, and the Furry Kids being turned into monsters was Moltar doing evil shit for shit's and giggles as well as to practice mind control.

Basically, stop being a paint eating dumbass that can't think before talking stupid shit.
>>
>>92169704
You don't know love, do you Anon?
>>
>>92167951
>How come Jack doesn't get to stay perpetually depressed for the series.
>How dare they try to give Jack something to take joy in.
>How come Jack isn't 100% dark like it's always been.
>How dare a character be able to take on an army, no one's EVERY been able to do that in the series granted, I do think that scene would've been better if it were more of a struggle.

Shitposting aside, what would you have actually wanted out of this season? Keep in mind, Jack needed some form of motivation to actually get his shit together, get his sword back, and fight of Seppuku Jack.
>>
>>92169610
some text or document in the ship that explains the ship and its strongest creature would have been cool and create layers to the story but yeah i concede that particular point is not essential

and yes that dream stage episode of acquiring his weapon is one of the worst offenders
>>
>>92169490
>when he defeated mad jack(and thus his own anger issues)
And yet he deals with that again this season like mad jack never happened
>>
>>92169746
What anon wants is a lore book so he can write fanfiction.
>>
>>92169756
Season one, episode 2. There's an army, and is battled by a single guy. And a couple of dogs.
>>
>>92169536

Go on then, explain how real people bond for us. I'd so love to hear it.
>>
>>92167114
I think the action and the visuals are great
never really cared about the romantic subplot but I'm glad it's pissing tumblr off
>>
>>92169756
I wanted a bit more flashbacks of the past to build his characer back up. I wanted him to remember his cause and accept the harshness of reality. I wanted him to go on a quest to find the sword. If all he had to do was sit around and meditate, why didn't he do that in the first place.

I wanted this to be a series of a man rebuilding himself up and wrap up with characters from the previous seasons working together with him for a final battle with Aku. Maybe break the Youth thing once Aku is dead and make Jack lead the people of the future until a day he becomes king jack and fight the Guardian once everything in the future is solved. I also wanted a lot more from Aku this season. Instead, we got a monkey.
>>
>>92169788
But to be fair thats understandable after 50 years + aku(supposedly) destroying the way back to the past.
>>
>>92169745
I'd have thrown in a few more flirty lines earlier on if more episodes were a thing. The jump from Aishi being an assassin to saying he looks cute in his robes would have been more gradual with a few more episodes.
Though, there wouldn't have been any surprise to it like in this episode if that had happened. Also, I honestly think the way it was done was the best possible manner they could have done Jashi with the episode limit they were given.
The ending sequence was one of the best Samurai Jack moments ever imo.
>>
>>92167114
>virgins

You know I hadn't thought that before but now that you've pointed it out all the autistic screeching makes sense.
>>
>>92169746
talking to you is a brickwall too because you're so entrenched that you're 100% right like a moron.

they wanted to learn about them is an assumption and not a fact. also even if it is a fact that's pretty fucking cliche and adds nothing interesting to the plot.

why are you asking me? im saying the writers could have come up with something more creative of beating the creature, they're the fucking writers.

the lack of nuance makes the plot more random, ambiguous and bare bones that necessary, that's my opinion.

it didn't melt it and nothing in the ship, they ate through her clothes.

the end there you're just saying what happens in the episodes and offering no explanation or assumption for the events, and you call me retard. kek
>>
>>92169788
Mad Jack is not the same as Jack's self doubt or "Blue Jack"
Also he lost his way again and gave in to anger, so there's your point crushed

>>92169880
Through shared life experiences and mutual interest for each other.

Do you have any friends? you honestly could have answered that yourself by thinking about it a little bit. Assuming you have any, of course.
>>
File: 1460574297143.png (300KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
1460574297143.png
300KB, 520x800px
>>92169930
You're breaking my fucking heart here anon
>>
>>92167262

She's literally only as boring as the title character of the show, they are basically the same character. The parallels between them are deliberate and you're an idiot if you don't recognize them.
>>
File: font-to-image.png (2KB, 657x146px) Image search: [Google]
font-to-image.png
2KB, 657x146px
>>92169866
I know, I was being sarcastic in this post. Unfortunately, sarcastica isn't a supported font on 4chan.
>>
>>92167114
The dude spent 50 years with no pussy. Let him have this one.
>>
I don't understand all this hatred. Tumblr is full of faggots who wanted Jack to be gay, and aren't even judging it right. Now /co/ is mad because it's not what they wanted. Judging this season by itself it's been a genuine quality ride with lots of fun fanservice moments. To me, it's a masterpiece so far.

>beautiful animation
>interesting story and direction
>great voice acting
>god tier action

Only bad thing was the pacing from time to time, and even that didn't bother me all that much. I actually like Ashi a lot as a character and I'm glad Jack was able to score. I like it.
>>
>>92169788
His anger issues at the time, yes. However, anger can easily be re-awakened, especially while you feel guilt over not being able to save your people and unable to die from age.
>>
>>92170068
>A dicksleeve is more important than character development
This season was satire of the XXIst century Western culture.
>>
>>92170020
Agreed. Jack is a cool character and all, but he's so fucking monotone sometimes. People forget he's an actual person with real emotions. Seeing Jack with a one track mind of "get back to the past" gets old quickly.
>>
>>92169980
Can you explain anything else that happended on any of the previous episodes, then?

Do you at least have a suggestion, since the writers are so shit and everything sucks because reasons?

So far your only true point is "I don't like it" and then you nitpick and say things that are valid for every other episode.
>>
>>92170020
>they are basically the same character.
That is so wrong it hurts to read.
>>
>>92170071
>/co/ is mad
A few autists are mad because REEEEE I DON'T LIKE IT FORCED/GENERIC/SHOEHORNED
>>
>>92168804
I don't like Jack and Ashi's romance because it's corny and token. Some say Jack deserved happiness, and he does, but doing it this way just feels like Disney Princess bullshit. Also, it started with him killing her sisters and they didn't even gloss over it well.
>>
>>92170130
>People aren't persons until they have sex

That's what all of this was about.
>>
File: jack attack.jpg (38KB, 400x288px) Image search: [Google]
jack attack.jpg
38KB, 400x288px
>>92169746

>literally has no explanation, it's just a "cool" concept.

That's samurai jack in a nutshell. Important to remember that Samurai Jack in its original incarnation had no virtually no lore, mythology or even consistent setting to speak of beyond what was necessary as an excuse to get a samruai to the future and chopping up robots. ]

The demand for a purely episodic series with an excuse of a plot to receive a "resolution" was always completely misguided and driven to completion 100% by fans clamoring for something the show never needed.
>>
>>92170165
>a few
Sure
>>
Honestly it's not even the romance that bothers, me. I don't care if Jack gets a wife or whatever as long as it's done well. Ashi is a plot device turned character whose purpose was to take Jack out of his depression without any writting effort and give Jack a happy conclusion. We get it, Jack has suffered, but how about you actually writte struggle and writte a god damn conclusion to it? "Jack Remembers the Past" made me feel more pity for Jack than ANYTHING in season 5, fucking boring.

At this point I can only expect that the finale is well animated and it has as least Ashi as possible, she took screentime from Jack, the Scotsman and Aku through the whole season, please just give a good ending. Aku deserves a non-shit conclusion and Jack needs to redeem himself after letting people die for thousands of years, if all of it it's thrown to the trash for Ashi then Genndy can go fuck himself for ruining a great series in 10 single episodes.
>muh tumblr
Can't believe /co/ is so desperate for "decent" animation that they are willing to see such a subpar season compared to the original 4 as long as it pisses of some retards in other site. At this point it's become "People that didn't watch Samurai Jack" vs "People that didn't watch Samurai Jack", it's fucking embarrasing.
>>
>>92170103
I agree, but the lack of acknowledgement of the previous instance makes it seem like they just retconned that character growth for the sake of the current story
>>
>>92170203
Fine, two robots and the ghost of shaggyfag. Happy?
>>
File: 1466615248630.png (66KB, 425x258px) Image search: [Google]
1466615248630.png
66KB, 425x258px
I don't mind Ashii, she can hop around in the background, taking the screentime from time to time during some fights, wear cute clothes and play with dangerous toys. But I came here to see Jack going full NUTS AND BOLTS on enemies.
You know, just like in 1st episode.
Fuck, when was the last time Jack had a cool fight with a monster/robot?
>>
>>92170154

Explain how they are different.
>>
>>92170254
Ashi's a girl you retard.
>>
>>92170240
>Fuck, when was the last time Jack had a cool fight with a monster/robot?
This last episode? Or do you mean a cool fight with no backup?
>>
>>92170179
It's ok to be a virgin Anon. Don't be so mad.
>>
>>92170254
Jack has ponos and Ashi has vagoona
>>
>>92170232
True, would have been nice if they acknowledged the previous time he overcame his rage. Even if it was just a sentence.
>>
>>92170281
Doesn't look like it from the way this season was handled and the way people are behaving right now.
>>
>>92170240
>Only robot we got so far in S5 was Scatbot
>The Dominator wasn't even a robot but a neckbeard in a suit
God dammit Genndy
I guess the guys in the bar might count, but they weren't really relevant
>>
>>92170254
Not him but Jack is a self righteous Samurai that trained his whole life to defeat Aku, lost his way to the point of almost commiting suicide and now is in the path of redemption

Ashi was a violent assassin that trained her whole life to defeat Jack, was shown that everything she believed was a lie and changed from a brainwashed assassin to a very average sweet girl in a couple of episodes because of poor writting.
>>
>>92170271
>>92170290

Ah, I guess you're right, these are totally distinct characters, the thematic parallels they share are a simple coincidence not intended by the people working on the show in any capacity.

>>92170205
>the scotsman

Dude appeared in three episodes of the original 52(?), Ashi is officially a more significant aspect of the Samurai Jack canon than the Scotsman. Get over it.
>>
>>92170307
The talkdown he gave it about how "it was you alwayshindering our quest" could be interpreted as a reference to mad jack, though its somewhat too vague to be certain
>>
>>92170379
>Ashi is officially a more significant aspect of the Samurai Jack canon than the Scotsman
You say that like it's a good thing
>>
>>92170272
Well the last fight was kinda meh to me. For most of the time Jack just swung his sword from left to right cutting little worms. No techniques, no cool moves. It looked kinda like a gameplay from Gothic.
>>
File: tumblr_opldrkeR7j1v7v654o1_1280.png (697KB, 1038x1550px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opldrkeR7j1v7v654o1_1280.png
697KB, 1038x1550px
>>92167262
Episode 8 was meh as a whole overall, I think. Nothing really happened aside from setting up Jack and Ashi as a couple. And sure, Jack deserves some happiness after 50 years of being fucked with by Aku and his bounty hunters.

Did it have to be in the most hamfisted, romcom way possible?

>Jack, the guy who has had to be wary of people trying to kill him for half a century, eats something and experiences a change without realizing it
>"Something is poking me!"
>The softcore 'sex scene' where they're in the parasites moaning each others' names and wind up covered in goop
>EVERYBODY LOVES SOMEBODY

I mean, honestly, this felt like that 30-year-old Virgin movie, not an episode of Samurai Jack. I wouldn't have minded if, say, Episode 10 ended with them sucking face, but making a whole episode around it just so Aku can likely kidnap her in the next episode is dumb.

That said, we did get some funny fanart out of it, at least.
>>
>>92170357
>being this butthurt

Did you now see the first episodes of the season? Ashi was the only one to glance at what the real world was like, she had doubts about her quest from day one.

>Not remembering the ladybug scene

Honestly anon, it's not our fault you don't pay attention.
>>
>>92170071
>Tumblr is full of faggots who wanted Jack to be gay

To be fair, Samurai fucking younger men actually legitimately was a fairly common practice.

Not saying I wanted Jack to be gay in the slightest, but if he was, it's not like it completely wouldn't make sense historically.

Not that the autists on here who screech PANDERING at everything would see it that way.
>>
>>92170357
they pretty much stated she had it in her since chapter 1, shoulda paid attention. I agree it still happened too quick btw.
>>
>>92170357

>Ashi and Jack both trained their entire lives to defeat an enemy that they were told took something from them
>Ashi and Jack both fail in defeating the person they were basically created to defeat
>Ashi and Jack both let their quest/failure consume them entirely and their single-mindedness lead them down a dark path
>Ashi and Jack are both on the path to redemption

It's almost like Jack was ashi's Aku or something.
>>
>>92167332
This just proves OP's point
>>
>>92170409
It's not a bad thing
>>
>>92170424
>look a kid glanced at nature for 40 seconds
>that totally guarantees she becoming a good person in the future!

Come on, anon.
>>
File: Aquaman.jpg (35KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Aquaman.jpg
35KB, 300x300px
>>92170379
>Dude appeared in three episodes of the original 52(?), Ashi is officially a more significant aspect of the Samurai Jack canon than the Scotsman. Get over it.
By golly you're completely right!

>>92170418
>No techniques, no cool moves.
Did you watch the old show at all? Jack was never a Naruto character screaming out attacks. At best he'd do a jump and downward slash or use his surrondings somehow.
>>
File: FOOLISH SAMURAI.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
FOOLISH SAMURAI.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>EWW GIRLS
This thread.
>>
File: 1323853882800.jpg (89KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
1323853882800.jpg
89KB, 488x516px
>>92167495
No but neither is op wrong, they're just both fucking retards at taking a stance with with a cartoon instead of asking themselves. "Am I having fun watching said show to be entertained?"
>>
>>92170409

It isn't a good or bad thing but see >>92170182 the samurai jack canon virtually didn't exist before this season. I don't know why you would be surprised she would factor heavily into the first longform narrative of the entire series when she was introduced in it.
>>
>>92169989

> Through shared life experiences and mutual interest for each other.

Not always. People may have completely different life experiences and yet still find the means to bond. Some may have very similar life experiences and yet dislike or hate eachother.

The reason this relationship felt shoehorned is mostly due to Jack's personality or the way he was perceived.

>Do you have any friends? you honestly could have answered that yourself by thinking about it a little bit. Assuming you have any, of course.

Yeah but my thoughts don't line up perfectly with your answer.
>>
>>92170495
Again with the "/co/ is angry about women" non-argument? Sorry that your waifu sucks
>>
>>92170482
>Did you watch the old show at all? Jack was never a Naruto character screaming out attacks.

Yeah I can't help but think all these virgins are weebs who never watched the original.
>>
>>92170482
Yeah I know, but somehow those fights were more satisfying than the last one.
>>
>>92167433
I have to agree with you, it's not that I have a problem with what's happening exactly, but everything feels so off executed.

For example the weird dream stage? It just feels like there's no weight there. All the actions are there, and I can see them happening in the old Samurai Jack but something about the execution feels off, the timing is a little off, it all builds up in a way that makes it feel not satisfying. I guess mostly it feels like the attention to small details feels missing that were more present in the old series
>>
>>92170463
I disagree, if she was a good character I would agree though.

>>92170457
You are ignoring important plot points and developments in their story, Jack wasn't brainwashed, Jack didn't have a High Priestess to defeat and Ashi really doesn't even know Aku, her willingness to believe Jack feels really out of place.
>>
>>92170474
She was also reluctant in the first episode to do all the crazy ass ninja training.

They basically telegraphed in neon letters that she wasn't like the other sisters and was going to change.

If we'd gotten more scenes cutting to her showing empathy or whatever, you'd just autisticly screech about how we keep focusing on her story.

They didn't need to spoonfeed the viewer any more.
>>
>>92170566
>developing characters = spoonfeeding
>le autism

(You)
>>
>>92170542
That's like, you're opinion. I'd take Jack vs The Worm that Walks over the Woolie episode, Chicken Jack, or Mondobot any day of the week.
>>
>>92169510
Found the Tumblrino
>>
>>92170553

>her willingness to believe Jack feels really out of place.

Did you miss the entire episode of Jack saving her life while she continually tried to kill him, or the episode following that one where she traveled the world interacting with all the people he'd helped and saved.

It's not even a matter of BRAINWASH necessarily, 50 years in the future, Jack is the disruptive force attacking an established society that knows nothing else. There's bound to be people who find it threatening, when they literally can't imagine a replacement for Aku.
>>
>>92170474
It's meant to show she has a caring nature you fucking bonhead. The entirety of her training flashbacks is showing her mother trying to quash that side of her, and her time with jack helps her gain it back. It is even the motif of her design.
>>
>>92170474
If you don't pick up on the subtleties of the dialogs or the little exposition there is, it's not anyone else's fault.

>>92170530

You mean like one being trained to defeat Aku and the other being trained to defeat him?

Or you mean like when despite being very similar, she hated him because of her one-track mind in the beginning?
>>
File: 1493725226078.png (3MB, 3307x2126px) Image search: [Google]
1493725226078.png
3MB, 3307x2126px
>this banter from both sides
Continue this is amusing.
>>
This season is just making me more and more dissapointed, 14 years for this?
Hold me guys, may the ending be worth it
>>
>character has slowly but surely been developing every episode since the first
>the relationship also projected that long
>/co/ still too stupid to realize it

I'd be ashamed of myself if I were that dense. I wouldn't be drawing attention to it. Kinda reminds me of that book about the autistic girl masturbating in public and everybody's pointing.
>>
>>92170532
Honestly, the only real reference there was to a "special move" was the first scottsman episode, when he used the "horse kick strike" or some shit.
>>
>>92170546
The pacing is off because of the length of the season. It should've been longer.
>>
>>92170553
I'm sorry you feel this way
>>
>>92170624
Alright anon
>>
>>92170641
>>92170651
What about that one time Ashi stabed two people with arrows in the eye? Would I been wrong for taking that as """""""""foreshadowing"""""""""" regarding Ashi becoming evil in the future and that the training was successfull?
>>
>>92170684
There was that bit with the Shaolin Monks too, when he first met them. I'll never forget the dreaded Water Beetle.
>>
File: tumblr_opkejayccC1vhwekso1_540.gif (3MB, 540x376px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opkejayccC1vhwekso1_540.gif
3MB, 540x376px
>>92167114
>>
>>92167433
The ghost is the japanese version of the Grim Reaper. I think it's called Shinigami,
>>
>>92170684
There were some in the Shaolin episode and there was always "Jump Good!" but yeah, expecting that kind of thing is retarded.
>>
>>92170598
Do you want to have a 30 episode season with 20 minutes episode of pure slice of life fluff?
Are you this autistic on your own or do you take some kind of special training?
>>
>>92170598
You're saying you wish they had spent MORE time on Ashi? How many times do they have to hammer the point for it to go trough that thick skull of yours
>>
>>92170757
>do you want the finale of a cartoon which one's of it's main strenghts was pacing to have good pacing
Yeah that would be pretty cool.
>Slice of Life stuff
holy pleb
>>
>>92170736
Shipperfags always tend to be obnoxious as hell, why is that?
>>
>>92170720

I shouldn't even have to explain this to you but I will try.

>All sisters behave one way because of their training.
>Ashi in particular shown to behave in certain ways that make her distinct from her sisters.

Get it now? It's significant because she's the only one that did that.
>>
>>92167674
A movie is not the same as individual episodes, especially not in the conext of Samurai Jack, where episodes tend to have their own story. And a movie was never really a possibility.
>>
File: Delet this.png (61KB, 563x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Delet this.png
61KB, 563x1042px
>>92170598
We saw her reluctance, we saw her softer side when she saw the ladybug. Do we really need more scenes rehashing those to get the picture that she has the capacity for redemption? It might be nice, but that's not the point.

It's how she's redeemed, not that she is that is the story, and there was more to it than Jack just saying "Aku is bad".
>>
>>92167114
I didn't laugh at any of the sexual jokes because I've watched too much anime, and all that shit is just par for the course in haremshit.
At least unlike haremshit, SJ managed to seal the deal.
>>
>>92167759
The first couple of episodes were great! You're definetly wrong!
>>
>>92170812
That doesn't mean anything, different could be bad or good, by your saying Ashi stabbing people with arrows in the eye is supposed to foreshadow her being a good people deep inside.
>>
>>92169788
there's a 50-year time skip m8.
>>
>>92170810
I tend to find anti-shipper fags more obnoxious.

The insistence that a romantic couple in something is bad because [x] happens nearly every time any tv show anywhere has an ongoing plot where at some point romance happens.

As it is, I don't really care either way where Jack and Ashi are concerned. I don't love her as a character, but I certainly don't hate her the way some spergs on here seem to, likewise for their romance.
>>
>>92170742
Except you can't kill a shinigami with a physical sword.
>>
>>92170847

How are you this dense? I'm talking about her explicit interest in nature or w/e the fuck. She shows interests in things outside of killing the samurai that her sisters, via omission of scenes portraying it, implicitly do not. It's a small moment but it telegraphs her change of heart in a completely readable way by distinguishing her from her sisters. The stabbing, brutalizing, training from hell shit is something all the sisters went through.
>>
>>92170641
Thank you, it's nice to have a non autistic anon once in a while.
>>92170682
Yup, welcome to /co/ I guess

>>92170795
Your twisting reality at this point. So self absorbed

>>92170847
>drawing false paralells as a form of argument
please.
>>
>>92169930
>I wanted a bit more flashbacks of the past to build his character back up

Which we got

>I wanted him to remember his cause and accept the harshness of reality.

We got that and a message of hope via Jack's positive interactions 50 years on.

>If all he had to do was sit around and meditate, why didn't he do that in the first place.

Because he'd lost hope, dude? Ashi reminded him that he could still save this world.
>>
>>92170795
>>do you want the finale of a cartoon which one's of it's main strenghts was pacing to have good pacing
>Pacing one of SJ's strong points
What? I love the show, but the pacing was wack then too. You're confusing episodes being long with them being well paced.

Chicken Jack, The Woolies, Guardian, Lava Monster, Jack and the Creature and many more episodes are pretty fucking dull because they spend so much time on pointless fluff and walking.
Only when they actually get to the main point of the episodes do they become fantastic, and that's after 11+ minutes at least.

Rewatching Chicken Jack the plot point with the high ranking mobster is dropped because they ran out of episode time. The Guardian episode is a slog because the first 15 minutes is slow, silent traveling with the occasional switch of monster ride until they find the Guardian's portal, which is one of the best fights and characters to ever be in SJ and it only lasts for 4 minutes and then the episode is done.
>>
>>92170847
Yes but the difference in behaviour we saw was a reluctance to learn ninja skills and a reverence for nature.

Her stabbing people in the eye was supposed to show how she had moved past/ignored that previous reluctance. That doesn't mean it wasn't there before and can't resurface again.
>>
>>92170720
The training was succesful. At that point the seven of them are emotionless killing machines.
The thing about ashi is that her true nature hadn't changed despite being supressed and she was still able to recover her true self. They illustrate this with the "charred forest comming back to life" vibe about her.
>>
>>92170742
>>92170930

Okay so I just found out, that the horse guy is most likely a samurai general called Honda Tadakatsu.
>>
>>92170427
So that's why Scaramouche wanted him to whip it out.
>>
I haven't watched past the third episode. As soon as I saw that one of the girls survived I knew exactly what would happen next. If you like that sort of thing good for you, it's just not for me.
>>
>>92171009
>>92167433
>>
>>92170810
Anti shipper fags brought this upon themselves, and I have no doubt that had the outcome been any different they would be gloating just as much as the jashifags
>>
>>92171034
This is a very reasonable and collected way to express yourself, anon. I respect your opinion, even though I do not share it.
>>
>>92168286
Ashi's about as much of a character as Princess Peach, let's be real.
>>
File: whippin__it_out.png (224KB, 846x709px) Image search: [Google]
whippin__it_out.png
224KB, 846x709px
>>92171025
Speaking of Scaramouche, is /ourbot/ gonna make it?
Will he finally get to see clean shaven jack and pop a beed-doop-de-bop boner?
>>
>>92170995

There's no point in arguing with people bitching about "pacing" it's one of those ineffable things people here complain about when they don't like something but don't know how to express why. You see it all the time in relation to the One Piece manga, where pacing is an accepted and legitimate problem with the anime, the only "pacing" problem with the manga is that it's 19 pages a week, for people that just got off 800+ chapters in a month, and yet, we still get gripes about the "pacing"
>>
>>92170604
>I'd take Jack vs The Worm that Walks over the Woolie episode, Chicken Jack, or Mondobot any day of the week
Agreed. Always hated the Chicken Jack as a kid and Mondobot was boring.

When I think about it right now, I guess its not because of Jack but more because of his enemy. Normally Jack's enemies are more or less memorable. Like the Archers, The Lava Monster, that robot cannibal gang with the 70s design. Heck look at popularity of Scat-bot.
The bugprisoner falls flat compared to them.
Although both Jack and Ashii being clueless about the device was kinda funny
>>
>>92171172
He needs his body back first, babe.

I think he'll probably survive, if only because that "Aku's favorite assassin" joke keeps coming up a lot and I'm expecting him to wind up at the bottom of the list when Aku dies/is sealed.
>>
File: 1444130122583.jpg (20KB, 328x396px) Image search: [Google]
1444130122583.jpg
20KB, 328x396px
GutsxCaska did it better. Boner, nutbladder and manly tears sack were stimulated to contempt.
>>
>>92171247
That's fair. I'm fairly certain that it's because The Worm that Walks was literally just a monster. The one's you listed all had a distinct human aspect to them, something other than mindlessness that monsters usually have.

Hell, even the Demon from the haunted house episode was horrifyingly manlike in its goal of torturing and capturing that family for all eternity.
>>
>>92171259
I hope so, he's a fucking joy to watch on screen and one of the best things to come out of the final season
I really miss him ;_;
>>
/co/ before
>BASED GENNDY NOT FOCUSING ON THIS ROMANCE BULLSHIT
/co/ after
>BASED GENNDY UPSETTING TUMBLR WITH THIS ROMANCE, JACK NEEDS SOMEONE TO LOVE IN THE LAST FEW EPISODES
>>
Honestly, most of the autistic posts in /co/ are basically "I don like it because pacing"

Or

"I want Jack to be shadow the hedgehog and stay in the friendzone because that's how I am"

It's not even fun to fan the flames anymore
>>
>>92169930
That's sounds lame.
>>
>>92171658

> "I want Jack to be shadow the hedgehog and stay in the friendzone because that's how I am"

Why do you think people are projecting? Why can't people just be disappointed when what was shown to be a darker and edgier season is thrown out of the window near the end? It just has to be "THEY DON'T LIKE THE ROMANCE SO THEY MUST BE EDGY VIRGINS ECKS DEE" in your mind of neatly organized stereotypes, doesn't it?
>>
>>92171036
Wrong post.
>>
>>92171815
>when what was shown to be a darker and edgier season
Hahaha here is the headcanon again, sahdow.
>>
>>92171574
Is that what you think is happening?
>>
>>92171658
Weird pacing is one of the few legitimate criticisms being made
>>
>>92171889
>headcanon
Dude you're so fucking easy to find, try to be less obvious
>>
>>92171895
I don't think you've seen the other threads
>>
File: C7U-eaKXkAAyDgi.jpg (26KB, 720x558px) Image search: [Google]
C7U-eaKXkAAyDgi.jpg
26KB, 720x558px
>>92171889

Wot
>>
>>92171971
fuck off, Tom.
>>
>>92171889
>this is what a well-constructed argument looks like to a shipper
>>
>>92171921
Wich is explained by simply knowing this is only a season long run and it doesn't have all the time in the world to pan out.

>>92171815
You're saying that being darker and edgier is the only true way to develop a character, or so it seems.
>>
>>92171956
Anti ship fags were never a large enough group to warrant referring to them as the collective of /co/
Most people now are varying degrees of fine with it, laughing at tumblr is just a bonus because their reactions are funny, and some very upset anons are acting simmilarly.
>>
>>92172075
Honestly, suffering is the only way to properly develop a character.

Not even memeing. Just like real people learn through making mistakes and paying for them, characters done right grow through the bad experiences written for them.
>>
>>92172232
1. Jack has already suffered plenty
2. Him being with ashi opens up a whole new world of suffering for aku to give him a tour on
>>
>>92172075

I don't mean to imply that it's the only way to develop a character or a plot. It's just the way the season was presented gave me as well as some others a lot of evidently misguided expectations.
>>
>>92172303
>Jack has already suffered plenty
Nah, he wasn't even raped yet!
>>
>>92172385
This, what the fuck Genndy?
>>
Ashi was a mistake.
>>
>>92167262
im still waiting for a dialogueless, atmospheric setup apart from the meditation scene
kinda like the archers, shinobi or the long walks he often took, but with a bit more meaning

we get none of it

jack could've had such a huge potential with a lot more substance to his development, they essentially just 'dedeveloped' him
>>
>>92172500
>t. NOT Genndy Tartakovsky
>>
>>92172232
People don't suffer their whole lives anon, you know.
Also being in a relationship or having a kid makes you grow in different ways.

>>92172321
Your expectations, as of many others, were based on overlooking clear hints of it turning around since the sisters of Aku were introduced. If you pay attention you can read Genndy like a book on theese type of things.

Also SJ is going to have a nice ending, guaranteed, not setting up for it would only be bad writing.
>>
>>92172522
>They could have developed him
>they essentially just "developed" him

really now
>>
File: latest.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>Jack kills off Seppeku Jack for good
>show goes right to the gutter
What does it mean?
>>
>>92172742
That if some dude that looks like you but blue ever shows up and tell you to comit sudoku you should listen to him
>>
File: unknown.png (119KB, 356x379px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
119KB, 356x379px
>Ashi! You're naked!
>>
>>92167433
You could almost say that Samurai Jack has forgotten its purpose

>>92172621
"dedeveloped" as in degenerated
>>
>>92172742
Show went into the gutter with episode 5, once the horrible pacing issues became apparent.

Before that, the show was treading on tonal issues when Ashi was introduced as a main character in episode 4.

The only truly good episodes from this shit season were the first 3. Or at least that's been the case so far.
>>
File: 1490060402329.png (42KB, 337x339px) Image search: [Google]
1490060402329.png
42KB, 337x339px
>>92172742
Bruh, the show already was teetering on the edge. Episode 4 was boring "explore the monster" trash. Episode 5 was "see Aku is actually evil, let's fight these blue furries".
Episode 6 was "let's show you everything you already know but Ashi doesn't" fan service
Getting rid of your blue husbando didn't ruin it.
>>
>>92172522
Forgetting episode 2 of season 5 are we?
>>
Anyone else feel like "muh pacing" has become the generic "I don't like it" complaint nowadays? Like, fuck me, the pacing problem exists, but people blow that shit way out of proportion by saying it's "ruined" the show.

Just so it's clear, Samurai Jack, from episode 1 almost two decades ago to last night, has always had fucking pacing problems. That doesn't mean it's bad because of it, okay?
>>
>>92172742
>>92172951
The show is alright currently. It's entertaining enough.

People are going hard and mean at it critically though because Samurai Jack was held us as some sort of sacred cow of "good cartoons that need an ending" for around a decade despite the fact that outside of a few outstanding episodes, it ranged from pretty good to occasionally, terrible.

Quality has definitely dipped off, but it's not a bad show now by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>92172927
>>92172951
You two are right, but I just find that episode 8 is the most obvious and its poor quality way more prevalent then the other episodes in my opinion.

>blue husbando
H-How did you know?
>>
File: 1492182174879.png (99KB, 350x490px) Image search: [Google]
1492182174879.png
99KB, 350x490px
FUCK JASHI ARGUMENTS

WHERE IS GHOSTJACK??

Since Jack is repressing him, will we see him in chibi Fusion Fall nano form?
>>
I don't see the problem honestly. It's probably not a good idea to have a romance when you only have 40 minutes left to wrap up every single plot thread in the entire series, but Genndy has pulled some magic in the past, so I say we give him a chance.
>>
>>92173058
I mean, I like where the story is going so far but I think the pacing is a legit complain. This season could have been better with 13 episodes instead of 10. What do you think?
>>
>>92173058
It didn't have pacing issues in the past because there was no pacing. It was all isolated episodes instead of following a seguing plot.
>>
>>92173058
It's much more acute now due to the absolute finality of this season and the overall need for a conclusion. That, and S5 has a different kind of bad pacing than the old show in that it's starting to feel rushed. Genndy's got to wrap up the entire series in two episodes. If it was a 13 episode season, devoting an entire episode to Jashi would be a lot more tolerable (even if Jack acting hella OoC is still obnoxious).
>>
File: 1489905315142.png (407KB, 799x631px) Image search: [Google]
1489905315142.png
407KB, 799x631px
>>92173116
Don't get me wrong, it's entertaining as hell, and shitposting after an episode airs is fun.

Doesn't mean there's not a serious drop in quality after episode 3. I think this season shows that Genndy works better with stand alone episodes than a serial format for Samurai Jack. We're two episodes away from the finale and barely anything has happened.

We've only seen the main villain 3 times,and one of them was a flashback.
>>
>>92173225
Knowing Genndy's work, it's more than enough.
>>
>>92173264
He clearly stated that this season is about Jack, and his development as a character.
>>
I liked it
>>
>>92173225
Of fucking course, more episodes of Jack would have been great. but the old seasons had all the time in the world to tell a single story an episode and even they had pacing problems out the wazoo.
Like I said earlier, Chicken Jack, The Guardian, Jack and the Creature and many others had full 22 minute episodes to do their thing and still fudged it until they got to the meat and potatoes of the episode.

>>92173256
Nah. Go rewatch some of the less talked about episodes. They aren't talked about as much for a reason.

>>92173259
>That, and S5 has a different kind of bad pacing than the old show in that it's starting to feel rushed. Genndy's got to wrap up the entire series in two episodes. If it was a 13 episode season, devoting an entire episode to Jashi would be a lot more tolerable (even if Jack acting hella OoC is still obnoxious).
But he doesn't have 13 episodes, he has eleven, and he's done a damn good job with what he was given. I don't see how he's acting OoC either. Are you talking about his quips? Because Jack has always had a sense of humor.
>>
>>92173317
>about Jack
You mean Ashi :^)
>>
File: e2b.jpg (42KB, 640x331px) Image search: [Google]
e2b.jpg
42KB, 640x331px
>>
>>92173444
I'm talking about Jack spilling his spaghetti all over the place, especially on the camel.
>>
>>92173518
How is that OoC? Jack's never been much of a ladies man. Remember Ikra or the Southern Belle on the train? Jack's awkward because he doesn't have much experience with the opposite sex romantically.
>>
>>92173467
It was super obvious, her being the only one with a name and being 'different' from the other sisters and miracously surviving.

That's what makes this whole thing suck, it was painfully predictable
>>
>>92173444
>Nah. Go rewatch some of the less talked about episodes. They aren't talked about as much for a reason.
But they didn't follow ANY plot beyond the episode itself. What are you trying to prove?
>>
>>92173444
He's only got ten eps, dude.
>>
The romance is completely fine.

What ISN'T fine is spending the third last episode of the series on fucking Monster of the Day shit.

There weren't even CUTAWAYS to some actual plot related shit.
>>
The romance would be fine if Ashi wasn't so fucking boring. She has no personality whatsoever.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1491252098815.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1491252098815.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
>>92167114
>they have this sexual build up
>awkward silence and staring
>shits getting hot

"Now we find Aku."

>remember Ashi has absolutely nothing
>praying the scots daughters want Jack >Aku kills them all but Jack
>Jack becomes enraged again and kills Aku
>realizes his sword cant help with harakiri
>mfw
>>
>>92167114
>I swear I'm not tumblr!!!
>posts tumblr image
>>
>>92173572
There's a difference between being aromantic and acting like a fucking sperg. That handholding comment is even worse considering Jack and Ikra actually had to hold hands and Ikra's a much flirtier, deliberately feminine character in general.
>>
>>92170482
>At best he'd do a jump and downward slash or use his surrondings somehow
Nigga wot? Jack was a beast when he fought using different techniques and combos to fuck up his foes while using the enemies weapons against them. Watch Jack vs the Zombies and Aku again to catch my point.
>>
File: waaah.png (338KB, 907x874px) Image search: [Google]
waaah.png
338KB, 907x874px
Why was she concerned enough about being clearly naked after washing herself off to make the leaf dress, but suddenly didn't care about being naked in the middle of battle?
Also how did they know how to kiss without it being gross feeling and as awkward as the hand touches? Jack never seemed to get action before he went into hiding and Ashi didn't know what affection between two deer was supposed to be.
>>
File: he did it.png (2MB, 1135x2049px) Image search: [Google]
he did it.png
2MB, 1135x2049px
>>92173829
>Why was she concerned enough about being clearly naked after washing herself off to make the leaf dress, but suddenly didn't care about being naked in the middle of battle?
why is this girl considered to be naked in public but is totally OK with being naked in front of a guy that makes her plumbing leaking?

oh idk anon what might that be

>Also how did they know how to kiss without it being gross feeling and as awkward as the hand touches? Jack never seemed to get action before he went into hiding and Ashi didn't know what affection between two deer was supposed to be.
it comes naturally you just need a gf to do that
>>
>>92173907
>considered
concerned
>>
>>92170495
>tfw Jack's waifu has 4x the amount of screentime than the main antagonist and Shogun of Darkness, Aku
This nigga
>>
>>92167262
I haven't watched the original since a couple years after it aired, was the outro ever disrespected like this? It feels wrong.
>>
>>92173907
>totally OK with being naked in front of a guy that makes her plumbing leaking?

She didn't even seem to feel anything about it but annoyed Jack was wasting time talking about it, then confused about why he wanted her to wear the robe. Not even a 'Didn't like what you saw?' type comment.

>it comes naturally you just need a gf to do that

Someone having their first kiss is normally going to make it feel a bit weird, no matter how experienced the other is.
>>
File: Quark.jpg (421KB, 679x782px) Image search: [Google]
Quark.jpg
421KB, 679x782px
>>92174023
>Outro disrespected

I want you to go in your bathroom, look yourself in the mirror, repeat what you just posted there and then fucking slap yourself for being so autistic.
>>
>>92173829
they're both warriors and it was after a fight. like literal fucking animals they ravaged each others bodies, drunk on the adrenaline of battle
>>
>>92171247
Honestly what annoys me about the worm is that it actually at one point splits up into multiple monsters with their own like designs but the show didn't really do anything with that idea. Would have make the monster much cooler if at that point the multiple slug monsters had like their own properties and ways of attacking, like a fast one, a bulky bruiseer one, a long distance attacker, a swarmer, and so on. Would have made the monster much more remmberable in a constructicons sorta way.
>>
>>92173829
>Why was she concerned enough about being clearly naked after washing herself off to make the leaf dress, but suddenly didn't care about being naked in the middle of battle?
>in the middle of battle

The answer to your question lies within the words of your question. There were far more pressing things to worry about than her nakedness.
>>
Sorry to ask this but does anyone have that picture of that neighbor girl that ashi's probably based on that genndy drew a while back?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-04-23-04h03m48s145.png (654KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-23-04h03m48s145.png
654KB, 1280x738px
>>92167114
Your word of the day is "conflagration." A large area being consumed by fire. Like a forest fire or a grasslands on fire.
That is an accurate depiction of co right now.

What I want to know is did I get a bad copy of SJ? At the end there's the kiss scene and the song then it blinks to black, then the kiss scene again then the credits and the song is still playing- no end credits music. Did somebody alter the end of the video before passing around the net? It seemed like a Korra ending, and it wouldn't have been very hard to replace some video and soundtrack.

And no, I don't like the direction the series took after the 7 daughters got killed. We've veered well away from the "samurai mission to destroy the immortal master of darkness on a doomsday world" we were promised. This was just a detour back into SJ the series. Not that I'm complaining, it just seems we were lied to somehow.
>>
>>92167614
So your reasoning is that if something only has 10 episodes, bad pacing is unavoidable....yeah no you're a moron.
Over the Garden Wall had no problems with its pacing.
>>
File: 1494153166973.png (3MB, 1520x2660px) Image search: [Google]
1494153166973.png
3MB, 1520x2660px
>>92173907
I prefer this version.
>>
File: _02.jpg (76KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
_02.jpg
76KB, 960x960px
As someone who watched the original show when it was still current I really don't understand the fuss. The show changed a lot since the new season started and was clearly going in a new direction, and that's okay. The new season hasn't been episodic like the show originally was, and it was only logical that the two main characters with their obvious chemistry would eventually hook up, whether it was made explicit or not.
>>
File: Capture.png (72KB, 537x460px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
72KB, 537x460px
>>92167614
>Gennedy literally only has 10 episodes for this season.
An anon in a different thread did it better with only 10 episodes.
>>
>>92174555
yeah
>>
File: 1494131246936.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494131246936.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>92174240
>She didn't even seem to feel anything about it but annoyed Jack was wasting time talking about it, then confused about why he wanted her to wear the robe. Not even a 'Didn't like what you saw?' type comment.
>Someone having their first kiss is normally going to make it feel a bit weird, no matter how experienced the other is.
I have no idea from where you're coming from m8 that was perfectly normal interaction between male and a female that would not exposed to tons of porn and hedonistic propaganda

in fact it is similar to my experience at least as general awkwardness and sudden explosion of repressed feeling while being covered in mud is concerned

>>92174530
I stand corrected
>>
>>92174562
YE NOSTALGIA PANDERIN'
>>
File: CascaStabsGuts.png (413KB, 1144x735px) Image search: [Google]
CascaStabsGuts.png
413KB, 1144x735px
>>92167114
>short hair
>tsundere
>falls in love with the main brooding character
>that description for the next episode

Now why does this remind me of a certain manga?
>>
>>92167114
>Who in the world thought that having some dumb romance in SJ of all cartoons with only ten episodes to spare was a good idea?

Literally all of /co/ before this last episode.
>>
>>92174562
>Ghost Scotsman getting into an insult fight with Ghost Jack
FUND IT
>>
File: tumblr_op9daq99bU1sgi20zo1_1280.png (217KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op9daq99bU1sgi20zo1_1280.png
217KB, 730x1095px
>Opens with travel montage of Jack and Ashi walking side by side, talking, doing cute things like the matching hats, maybe a scene of one comforting the other with a hug after talking about something upsetting, scene of them both admiring the stars before they show up at the marketplace
>>
File: 1494134450413.png (2MB, 1281x718px) Image search: [Google]
1494134450413.png
2MB, 1281x718px
>>92173907
>>92174530
>>92173907
>>92174530
bonus for hard working drawnfags saved from old thread
>>
>>92174240
Gtfo of here you have never even held hands.
I have enjoyed every episode so far. The show is rushed because of time span of episodes but it isnt the worst. I have gotten great enjoyment out of the show and I enjoyed seeing Jack get the girl. I hope the last 2 episodes they fug so you autists can flip out some more.
>>
File: 1489670207159.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1489670207159.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>92172847
that moment was so fucking
>>
>>92174905
>tfw stoned as shit watching this episode
It physically hurt me.
>>
>>92172847
>>
>>92168908
Can someone draw a picture of Genndy typing this post?
>>
>>92170290
it's "vagooo" you silly
>>
Man I sure love Samurai Ashi, don't you?
That Jack fella is alright I guess
>>
Can we talk about the magic sword?

>Jack losing his sword and the potential of him getting it back are a key component of the show. He can't defeat Aku without it and losing the sword reflects how he has lost his way
>Episode 6's ending is about him confronting his hopelessness and regaining determination to find his sword
>Episode 7 is the climax of the sub-plot surrounding the magic sword. Jack confronts his inner demons and finally gets his sword back as a gift from the gods themselves
>Immediately afterwards episode 8 is about Jack fighting hand to hand with tiger people and then running away from a leech monster that his sword is ineffective against and can only be stopped by some alien weapon
>Jack gets his sword back and the most meaningful thing it has done so far is poke Ashi as an erection joke
>>
The first few eps were fucking fantastic.

As soon as Ashi wasn't fucking slaughtered immediately I knew something was up. And then I remembered this was going to be the creator's self insert fantasy complete with an Asian waifu

This would have been better: >>92174562

But of course all /co/ can do in face of any and all criticism is cry:

>BUT MUH TUMBLR SALT
>BUT MUH /R9K/

I don't even know why I come here 2bh
>>
>>92174635
the lettercats were kino as fuck
>>92174838
this is fucking great
>>
>>92176292
>I don't even know why I come here 2bh
I'm pretty sure almost 70% of the users here are just hanging out to see how Samuel Jackson ends.
I'm just waiting for the finale so I can finally have a reason to leave this shitstain of a board
>>
>>92176066
>Jack gets his sword back and the most meaningful thing it has done so far is poke Ashi as an erection joke
it makes sense because it's the sword of pure justice, and Jack rightfully deserves some sweet ninja pussy
>>
>>92167114

>dissapointing

It is only disappointing if you had expectations beyond "Genndy is bringing the story to a close".
>>
File: OH YEAH.jpg (67KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
OH YEAH.jpg
67KB, 1000x750px
>>92174530
>They have the Alphabet Tiger Gang's shirts spelling out LEWD
FUCKING KINO
>>
>>92173188
>he makes one last appearance
>it's just a back & forth argument to try and get jack to bone her before marriage
>>
>>92168494
is this a jojo reference?
>>
>>92173264

>We've only seen the main villain 3 times,and one of them was a flashback.

Aku was not in every episode of the show's original run, you know.
>>
The only way this show can be saved is if Ashi dies, or Ashi and Jack BOTH die
>>
File: good shit.jpg (19KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
good shit.jpg
19KB, 600x375px
>>92176941
>>
>>92177032
This.

If the ending isn't grimdark as fuck this whole show's been for nothing.
>>
>>92177045

Genndy said the finalé would be "bittersweet", so take your grimdark ROCKS FALL, EVERYONE DIES fantasies over to some other [adult swim] show. I suggest "Mike Tyson Mysteries".
>>
>>92177105
>i just like plebian trite that doesn't provoke any thought into the deeper matters of human nature
I bet you like LOTR too.
>>
>>92177141

I do not require grimdark bullshit in every form of media I consume. Sometimes I want to watch something fun - and, dare I say it, something sincerely optimistic. If that means watching something that could be considered a little shallow, so be it.

All of the MCU movies are shallow, formulaic, four-quandrant family-friendly B-movies. Yet I still enjoy the better MCU films on repeat viewings.
>>
>>92177141
>I just like tryhard trite so I can feel profound and justify my autistic values of cartoon shows where guys punch stuff
>>
>>92177045
If the next episode turns out to be shit again, I wouldn't mind if the finale ends up with Genndy going fucking nuclear and having the entire universe of SJ destroyed.
It'll be more interesting then seeing Jack possibly staying in the future just for some chimp pussy
>>
File: 1369021470844.jpg (22KB, 422x347px) Image search: [Google]
1369021470844.jpg
22KB, 422x347px
How is their relationship forced if the show spent the last four episodes building it up?
>>
>>92167114
I hear ice is useful for relieving sores

Particularly in the anal region
>>
>>92177380
It's less about the romance and more about the fact that the series finale didn't need a fucking romance to begin with.

So much important time and narrative wasted on a waifubait character who didn't even exist until the new season.
>>
>>92177141
>generic tragic end
>provoking any thought at all
>>
>>92177466
Someone's gotta be Empress of Japan when this is all over.

Seriously am I the only one that's picked up that Ashi looks like a younger version of his mom?
>>
>>92177466
Who are you to decide if it didn't need it?

Ashi has proven to be important to the plot

No amount of "icky girls!" can change that

To some of us, it's fulfilling to see lonely old Jack finally be happy with someone after being denied by Aku for so long

it's almost like some people here didn't watch the original
>>
>>92177570
We could've had more time for Aku or the Scotsman but it's wasted on this new bullshit character. Instead, both of them have been completely sidelined this season.

We could've had replaced Ashi with Jack in episode 6, with Jack coming to the realization that he's helped and changed so many people's lives for the better to wake him out of his suicidal tendencies

The truth is that 10 episodes is not enough for a new character who happens to be a love interest. Especially when it's the series finale and people just want to see a proper ending for a show so they can move on.
>>
>>92176292
>>92174475
Complaints like these never seem to take into account episode 3 of the show, Ikra. Jack got along very well with a supposed female companion and had it not been AKU'S RUSE he would have stayed with her.
>>
>>92177570

>Who are you to decide if it didn't need it?

They are someone with a fanfic and a sense of entitlement.
>>
>>92174562
This is not remotely fleshed out and wouldn't require 10 episodes at all. Without Ashi, an actual weapon of Aku being redeemed, why would Jack regain any hope? Keep in mind they already did the 'remembering all the people I helped has given me inner strength' plotline before, too
>>
>>92177747
>fanfic
>entitlement
Holy fucking shit, how many times will you dumbasses repeat the same shit over and over?
>>
REEEEE I CAN'T RELATE TO JACK IF HES NOT A VIRGIN ANYMORE

WE WERE BROTHERS IN CHASTITY
>>
>>92177765

>Keep in mind they already did the 'remembering all the people I helped has given me inner strength' plotline before, too

And it arguably would not have worked here, as the despair-ridden iJack would likely have ignored the side characters from past episodes, since he had already saved them before and thus knew they were good people.

>>92177809

As many times as it takes for you asses to realise that "Samurai Jack" is Genndy's story. He had no obligation to deliver your vision of his story, no matter how much you believe otherwise.
>>
>>92177872
Relax anon, go post about how much you want to splooge in ashis cunt
>>
>>92167114
i really dont have problems with jack and ashi relation, i knew that this was going to happen since the last ep when jack recovers it sword and his original form, all the master and aprentice dynamic went ritgh to thrash from that part, so i wasnt surpised
and they needed an entire ep to confirm this for pepole who didnt get it at first, samurai jack
started has a fucking mad max the cartoon, and i was really happy, but genndy didnt want an full leagth series about jack being miserable and hunted, because he wants to end this shit for good for whatever resons he has, this ep is just reminding us that SJ is ending, genndy was building this romance since the monster ep. and now its kinda done, for now geendy just need to worry about the story itself, expect some kino level shit on those next final eps.
>>
Any defense for the past few episodes are as follows:

>Muh /r9k/ virgins
>Muh Tumblr salt
>Muh sexism

When it's gotten so bad that a fucking tripfag is one of the prime defenders of the series is a good tie to reconsider your course of actions
>>
>>92177809
Until you spergs stop first.

Ask the same question and you'll get the same answer.

It's almost as if you won't learn.
>>
>>92177997
It's true, though. We have yet to get any "criticism" beyond
>I can write Genndy's story better than he can!
>Girls are gross!
>How come he's not pandering to me?!
>M-muh realism!
>le pacing in ten episode meme!
>>
File: 1492985230008.gif (824KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
1492985230008.gif
824KB, 375x304px
>>92167951
imagine being this mad at a cartoon

holy shit
>>
>>92178161

Also:

>Y U NO GRIMDARK? ME WANT GRIMDARK!
>>
>>92167141
Thinking romance is a requirement for happiness is incredibly juvenile.
>>
>>92178161
>if I type criticism in a silly and condescending way, it makes the criticism not count!
God damn I didn't believe the "comic and cartoon nerds are all manchildren" stereotype until coming to /co/.

Only little kids think romance is a requirement for a story, or that it unconditionally improves it.
>>
>>92177872
I swear it's all the same guy making this retarded argument.
>>
>>92178333

>Only little kids think romance is a requirement for a story

And only mentally stunted man-children think GRIMDARK EVERYWHERE is a requirement for a story that is aimed even marginally in the direction of adults.
>>
>>92178372
Your argument is essentially "I don't like it!"

>>>/r9k/
>>
File: 1489942934986.png (2MB, 1286x1875px) Image search: [Google]
1489942934986.png
2MB, 1286x1875px
>>92178161
We've gotten plenty of criticism. The problem is that all of the genuine criticism for the show is completely shut down by the following strawman claims:
>you're a tumblr whale who hates a hetero romance
>you're an /r9k/ faggot who hates women
>I doubt you could do much better than Genndy could
>Genndy has only 10 episodes so he's trying his best
>it's just a cartoon

Just give a month post the final episode for the majority of /co/ to finally realize that the last season was shit so that they can give the Korra-tier bashing it deserves.
>>
File: IMG_2265.jpg (28KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2265.jpg
28KB, 200x200px
>>92167414
>Dean Martin

It was Sinatra
>>
>>92178252
Jack has never had romance so this is new ground to explore.

Now fuck off :)
>>
>>92178388
Stop strawmanning. Not getting laid doesn't magically make Jack's story any more grimdark than it already was.
>>
>>92178421
Your argument is literally everyone who doesn't like a rushed romance is a virgin. What?

Nice use of "muh boogeyman board" though. Usually it's /pol/ or /tv/.
>>
>>92178388
So Gendy is a stunted man-child?
>>
>Aku is allegedly the only source of time travel

How is Jack supposed to defeat Aku AND go back?
>>
>>92178489
Because they are virgins and most likely shut in hermit autists that get their only interaction with other humans on tumblr and twitter.

When you finally fuck a female you will know what Jack knows
>>
Arguing with Jack tourists is a futile effort. Half these people probably come from /b/. Notice how shit the board gets when a new episode comes out.
>>
>>92178161
>>92169037
>>92169526
>>
>>92178507

Not really. Season 5 is not GRIMDARK EVERYWHERE, no matter how much the virgins here want it to be.
>>
>>92178547
>maybe if I use enough buzzwords, I'll win the argument!
I expected nothing else from a tripfag.
>>
>>92178528
Please use more buzzwords next time. You get all your vocabulary from 4chan memes?

I can always tell it's you too because you post like a 12 year old. Please make your faggoty ass less noticeable.
>>
>>92178507
yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US3Jqu9GT-g
>>
>>92178433
Give me an example of these valid criticisms. For the past few weeks, all I've seen on /co/ is "Mary Sue girl power!" and "pacing fail!"

>>92178333
I never once said romance was required, actually. But that also doesn't mean that it can't be put in.

How could I possibly list the hate on Ashi without making it sound stupid? Because it's fucking stupid.
>>
>>92167114
Grrrr its an adult swim show which mean it needs to be edgy all the time....GRAAAHHHH I hate this..*moans*...now that he has a gf...I NEED ONE TOO
>>
>>92178569
Stop being so upset over a fictional character finally getting a gf, faggot
>>
>>92177380
Because even after all that time, Ashi still doesn't have a personality.
>>
>>92178753

Huh. Most 4chan posters lack a personality, so they should be identifying with her.
>>
>>92178856
>I'm a tripfag
>That's makes me totally different than all of you people
>and so much better too

Kill yourself
>>
>>92178664
Stop having relationships vicariously through Jack.
>>
>>92178856
no all channers have the same personality of being sadsack assholes who will call each other virgins and retards instead of having normal discussions like actual human beings which is why i love it so much
>>
>>92178885

Different? Not at all. I am the same waste of humanity as the rest of you.
>>
>>92174495
>over the garden wall is episodic
>>
>>92178592
The pacing IS bad though
>>92178537
>>
>>92178161
You failed to prove your point since you over exaggerated the criticisms to the point of being strawmen
>>
>>92178210
Dude where the hell do you think we are? Isn't that the point of /co/?
>>
File: Screenshot (609).png (2MB, 1438x943px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (609).png
2MB, 1438x943px
>>92178920
>People don't like episode 8
>YOURE A WASTE OF HUMANITY
Appropriate response.
>>
>>92178916
This. If I wanted intelligent, good discussion I'd go to Reddit.

I just come here to shitpost.
>>
>>92177693

>>92174475 here
Why you're right is the same as why I'm right. Yes, Jack works well with a sidekick that can keep up with him. But the show only returned for 10 episodes- long enough for some setup and then the big Aku mission- to kill him once in the present-future and then gotta get back back to the past and kill Aku there. It should be difficult, hard to do, meta and multi-angled spiritual stuff. You can't just slash Aku a few times with a magic sword or just anyone could have done it. Instead of a bank job of an assassination wrapped in the hellraiser box, we get a strong series until Jack keeps Ashi- then it's back to normal SJ series method. Sorta. Ashi is OK, but the way she's used up what should have been a completely different storyline is why so many hate her.
It's like buying a book you wanted but inside the cover is a different, less interesting book. It's like getting an ice cream cone and getting a cone full of popcorn kernels. This isn't what I was promised, this isn't what it said on the label. I can't even eat this right now. This is all wrong. And now co is full of kernels.

And as for my real question, did anyone get an episode 8 with different ending than the kiss-blink-kiss continuous music scene?
>>
>>92167114
I would have loved a platonic father/daughter thing where Jack simply teaches Ashi the beautiful world outside of Aku's shadow.

Maybe get into a conversation about her sisters?

Episode 9 will have something to do with the Guardian and maybe some revelation on Ashi's origins/relations to Aku, and then the final episode has Jack fighting Aku and whatever. I still have hope.
>>
>>92179913
>If I wanted intelligent, good discussion I'd go to Reddit.
you sure would
>>
>>92179913
End yourself.
>>
File: NnGGHE0muVqpO.gif (1MB, 357x296px) Image search: [Google]
NnGGHE0muVqpO.gif
1MB, 357x296px
>>92167951
>>
>>92180873
You are proving his point.
>>
>>92167114
While I think SJ S5 has pacing issues, I will always defend something from the asexual millennials that infest Tumblr, even though I hate myself for it.
>>
>>92167114
>Hey retards, let's discuss how retarded you are for making fun of a bunch of adults crying over a character not being gay and a female character with 4 episodes of existence being a shitty love interest
Remember if you say anything i don't like you are pol
>>
>>92182933
You don't have to 100% like and defend every single piece of a show, anon, or betray your own criticisms and beliefs just to hope to anger someone else.
>>
>>92178980
season 5 hasn't been episodic at all either. If over the garden wall can do it well, samurai jack should be able to do it as well.
>>
>>92167614
>Only got ten episodes
>Devoted half of them to a shitty new characters with the depth of a sonic oc
>>
>>92168309
I actually wanted them to be "platonic action buddies" and felt that the romance was pointless.
>>
>>92168623
maybe it's like:
>jack's family lived on in the past
>had kids
>kids had kids
>ashi
>>
File: however.png (204KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
however.png
204KB, 540x960px
>>92174562
the dickriding ends here
>>
>>92170960
>still fighting and avoiding the green samurai for years
>literally ran into the middle of what would probably kill him
>apparently had no hope the entire time

yeah, no
>>
>>92170682
>Look he saved her life
>This is clearly foreshadowing that they're gonna fuck
>>
>>92173264
I actually would say that episode 1 wasn't that great. Scaramouche was fun and all, but the beetle fight especially was lackluster.
>>
Tbh genndy missed a huge opportunity. Jack could have just fucking killed all of the sisters and then regained his focus/balance/hope by visiting all the people who he helped in the past. He could have evolved in a more mature way, and finally becoming prepared to sacrifice others for his trip to the past. But instead we get ashi that turns him back into his former pussy state. I bet he would kill himself and end his mission just to save ashi now.
>>
>>92184119
His visions of his parents were great though.
>>
>>92177141
The fact that you use liking LOTR as an insult says terrible things about you.
>>
>>92168162
sauce?
>>
>>92183689
>First 3 episodes are pointless
Alright, you have a point there

>Scotsman would ruin serious scenes
Isn't that kinda the point? If Jack is a depressed suicidal lunatic, wouldn't levity be the thing he needs? Outright jokes would be a bad idea, but Scotsman's energy and passion would contrast Jack's pessimism

>The ending is shit
Finding a the time portal and the Guardian, after establishing that they were all destroyed, is dumb. Having Jack take a leadership position after Aku's death, in a world where there are already multiple civilizations that revere him as a savior, is not. If Jack manages to get BACK TO THE PAST, then all of his adventures would be meaningless. He'll rewrite history and the entire series will basically be retconned. It'll be more endearing if Jack puts his sword to rest and becomes King or whatever, helping to restore the world, to create instead of destroy
>>
>How dare they try to give Jack something to take joy in.

Who the hell even cares about the "joy" of a fucking moving drawing of a fictional samurai

How inept do you have to be to think that your idea of a fictional character's feelings and/or needs is somehow, by itself, relevant to the quality of the piece of media they appear in
>>
>>92188030

Meant to be in response to >>92169756
>>
>>92188030
Possibly to make it more realistic, or because fans form an emotional bond to the character, even if it is one way.
>>
>>92188138

That has nothing to do with the character "feeling" or "deserving" anything or not.

Again, it's a sequence of drawings of a nonexistent samurai. The show's quality can be judged based on how you feel about what is happening on screen, not what said sequence of drawings "feels". Because it doesn't feel anything, at all.

If you think it's just semantics, think again.
>>
File: IMG_8293.jpg (60KB, 709x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8293.jpg
60KB, 709x399px
>>
>>92167114
Romance
isn't
the
issue.
The issue is fucked up pacing
>>
File: 1449694477930.jpg (6KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
1449694477930.jpg
6KB, 273x185px
>>92178450
>>
>>92167779
You think that the episode was hamfisted by accident? Genndy wanted to have fun, and so he did. And it was an incredibly fun episode, the last one in the entire series. Everyone's just getting bent out of shape about it because they wanted grimdark bullshit and can't handle the fact that Jack is actually happy for once.
>>
>>92168707
>or that she's pregnant, which is going to be a parallel between the final battle and the one between jack's dad and aku

sheeeeeit, this actually sounds very plausible.
>>
>>92169077
>Only annoying shippers are autistic enough to think anyone is as invested in cartoon relationships as they are

And yet here we are on /co/, where thousands of ink cartridges worth of impotent nerd rage has been spilled over the fact that a cartoon character is getting puss.

Literally every well-adjusted person I know who's watching the show is loving the hell out of it, romance included.
>>
>>92178450
You're joking, right? Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin both did a version of that song. Dean Martin's was the one that played at the end of the last Samurai Jack episode.
>>
This romance would've been fine if it weren't crammed into the last half of the very last season of the show. And if it didn't make the show more exposition focused than visually in terms of storytelling. They dropped shit like Jack's PTSD way too soon in the name of a shoehorned romance.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1491219711781.jpg (9KB, 475x263px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1491219711781.jpg
9KB, 475x263px
>>92176941
>>
Niggas that complain about pacing need to watch Tokyo story or Ikiru.
>>
File: 91971625.jpg (89KB, 957x267px) Image search: [Google]
91971625.jpg
89KB, 957x267px
>>
>>92167114
Oh boy, here we go. Just let it ou op. Let the butt hurt flow.
>>
>>92173829
rushed as fuck. I thought they were going to do something about Ashi after that deer scene, but she suddenly became a mature and nearly well-adjusted individual after donning her tinker-bell outfit.
>>
>>92178333
>Only little kids think romance is a requirement for a story, or that it unconditionally improves it.

This. Romance in action shit is cancerous and you have no excuse to want it unless you're a fucking woman or a 13 year old shipperfag.
>>
>>92193831
>not being a woman
lmao@urlife
>>
>>92184244
He was ignoring these people though. That's what the beginning of the first episode showed.
>>
>>92174530
Wow best version
>>
>>92167262
agree with this. the shows dead to me now, it feels like shit and whats even more sad is that every virgin who just wants to sit there and stare at two characters kissing and doesnt actually care about the show or how it used to be will attack anyone calling it bad.
>>
>>92169434
yea no
>>
>>92193849
I really hope you're either joking or at least an MTF.
>>
>>92178252

Your point of view sounds like you don't see a lot of romance in your life.
>>
>>92170071
This.
>>
>>92168294
Shit opinion anon
>>
File: 1440867614003.gif (235KB, 954x537px) Image search: [Google]
1440867614003.gif
235KB, 954x537px
>>92167262
I've never seen "MUH WACHA" used as an argument before...
Interesting

/co/ pushing new levels of bitching every day
>>
File: anger.jpg (17KB, 245x204px) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
17KB, 245x204px
>>92179078
>>92178210
Never ever have I got tired of looking at this pic
And it being on a /co/ format really seals the deal
>>
>>92167414
>It was DEAN FUCKING MARTIN
Why is that important
>>
>>92167759
How was it bad
>>
Why have the episodes gotten so wonky? Did they just have a hard time keeping a good narrative flow? Ran out of time or ideas?
>>
>>92167114
>generalization of /co/
>derisive mention of boogeyman tumblr
wow, two indicators of a shitty thread in one OP!
>>
>>92167262
See these are the types of posts that get you called a virgin
>>
Anyone else hoping that Ashi discovers that it was Jack who impregnated her mother and left her causing her mother to swear herself and her daughters to vengeance in Aku's name?
>>
>>92198525
I don't think being called a virgin on here means much.
>>
>>92167951
Pretty much, everyone that cared expected it to be somethng that pushes the boundaries of Samurai Jack to the next level. Instead we got a shitty romance that make it look like another generic show today.

I can't believe how bad it really is.
>>
>>92198592
Being called a virgin means that the other person has literally no arguments againts your case, so he goes for the simplest and dumbest thing to say.
>>
>>92178524
Aku realizes Jacks immortality is a result of being in the future. If he is sent back in time now, his aging will catch up.
>Aku sends Jack to the past so Akus past self can kill Old Jack and end the nightmare. Either Old Jack is like Old Snake and fucks him up anyways, or Ashi jumps in and helps end the fight.
>>
File: 1460498729769.gif (87KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1460498729769.gif
87KB, 480x270px
>>92167114
Because the guy deserves fucking happiness and we only had 10 episodes to make his shit life worth something? Now quit your endless bitching. I'd rather have 10 rushed episodes where the characters actually interacted rather than 4 shitty seasons that end on an actual forced muh diversity romance with little character interaction (looking at you Korrafags).
>>
File: get a load of this gaijin.png (498KB, 1173x825px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this gaijin.png
498KB, 1173x825px
>>92178489
>>92178569
>>92178902
>asexual /r9k/fag being this upset
The butthurt is delicious.
>>
>>92190995
10 fucking episodes to wrap this all up and conclude it all, because everyone knows nobody reads comic continuations. Considering that, the pacing is good enough.
>>
File: rf_jack.png (326KB, 903x713px) Image search: [Google]
rf_jack.png
326KB, 903x713px
>>92201421
>autistic shippertard who ignores flaws and dishes out baseless insults
Yum
>>
File: ghost jack.jpg (146KB, 903x713px) Image search: [Google]
ghost jack.jpg
146KB, 903x713px
>>92201473
>it upsets me, therefore it is a flaw
>"yum" despite being the one who won't stop crying about muh "forced shipping" despite this shit being clear as day since the moment she and Jack teamed up
>lone virgin guy
>scantily clad female
>totally nothing gonna happen goys
Please, tell us about how much more this flawed wonder upsets you.
>>
File: 1436558626849-2.png (163KB, 426x440px) Image search: [Google]
1436558626849-2.png
163KB, 426x440px
>>92167951
>>92201473
>>92167114
>>92178489
>>92178569
>>
File: hoo shit nigga.jpg (51KB, 540x732px) Image search: [Google]
hoo shit nigga.jpg
51KB, 540x732px
>>92167951
>episodic cartoon consisting of nothing but filler since season one is ruined for having filler
>>
>>92201590
Isn't the fact that it was obvious that they would get together the problem though? It's way too predictable
>>
>>92183443
They would not be his descendants though, just a separate branch of his family tree
>>
>>92168444
But those are directly caused by the unnecessary romance that takes way too much time. If it wasn't for that there would be no pacing problems because there would be far more time to tell the story.
>>
It's literally the opposite, /co/ is full of nitpicky plebs who REE at anything that doesn't validate their headcanon.

Fans of the original series who can take tonal shifts and a developing plot are generally loving this.
>>
How many episodes have been out so far?
>>
>>92197519
>why is dean martin important?
VOLARE
Thread posts: 478
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.