[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gee, Imagine that.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 520
Thread images: 56

File: sfdffdffs.jpg (60KB, 592x313px) Image search: [Google]
sfdffdffs.jpg
60KB, 592x313px
Gee, Imagine that.
>>
>>91865822
>lmao you guys like my book but don't buy it?
>haha
>that's cool...
>but, um...
>I really do need money to keep my job lmao hee hee...
>>
There's already a twitter screenshot bitching thread, why did you make another, fagtron?
>>
>>91865822
I admit that it does make me mad with comics and tv shows that people will say they love something but not spend money to support it. Like how do people know you like it then? The only exception is if it isn't available in a covient form.
>>
>>91865822
Hopefully this will teach them that just liking something isn't enough to keep it around.
>>
>>91865822
Just ban american net. Sales go up.

The Internet is a job killer.
>>
>>91865902
well, I mean, the person isn't in the wrong.
>>
Why would Marvel keep hiring these people if their books do so poorly they end up cancelled? I seems like a lot of these webcomic writers and artists get hired on and their books only last one volume (if that)
>>
>>91865957
Because you never know, one of them might hit big. Have to try new things every once in awhile, and if a creator is popular in webcomics, they might be popular elsewhere.
>>
>>91865937
The "quality" of that piece of shit she calls a comic is the job killer, anon, don't pretend for a second it's anything else.
>>
Damn this is a stunning revelation
>>
>>91865822
It is true that people need to actually express their interest in something by actually watching/buying it legitimately.

But at the same time, she's a shit writer and her comic is awful.
>>
>>91865822
people only pretend to like the comic because it's progressive and makes them look good
>>
>>91865822
>>91865902
What a fucking cunt

>>91865937
t.republican
>>
>>91865957
for the PR of it
hiring webcomic writers gives them nerd cred, and helps fans think they too might be noticed by marvel-sempai
and hiring outspoken liberals helps reinforce their brand image as 'the progressive comics company' that they've been riding since New X-Men became a runaway hit
in reality those webcomic writers get put on the books marvel doesn't care at all if they tank or not, generally get the bottom of the barrel artists Marvel hasn't gotten around to firing yet, and the majority of stories are still about powerful white americans doing whatever the hell they want and getting away with it, sod the poor and the disenfranchised

this is how Ike, Quesada et al have their cake and eat it too
>>
>>91865957
>Why would Marvel keep hiring these people if their books do so poorly they end up cancelled?
Virtue signaling.
>>
>>91865822
They didn't love it, they bought Volume 1 to support Leth when it was new, then they forgot about it because they never even read it.
>>
>>91865926
>covient
>>
>>91865822
I love your book! I can tell because I only read one!
>>
>>91866355
This.

There is a sizeable group of outspoken comic book critics that have a very distinct idea about what comic books should be despite not willing to spend the time actually reading comic books. When you try to point that out, they call you a "gatekeeper."
>>
The sales model is the problem. Why can't i got to marvel.com, subscribe to a series, and have each new issue mailed directly to my house?
>>
>>91865822
Well, I don't feel for her.

And of course nobody spent money on it, her readers are webcomic readers and Hellcat was webcomic tier. They probably don't even know they are supposed to pay.
>>
>>91866336
>New X-Men
Progressive?
>>
>>91865957
Awhile back, they had the great idea that "progressive" books should be a thing, so they lined up a bunch of creators and rolled out the books. This continued until Marvel decided it was a waste of money. This took time, which explains why America is just starting now, as it was started during the push. The material will dry up by the fall and we'll see their "back to basics" approach then as they're getting content ready for the fall now.
>>
>>91866423
Oh man, there's so many new made up labels I forgot about that one
>>
>>91865822
The intended audience doesn’t even know about the direct market, and how going to their LCS three months before a book comes out is the only effective way to actually support a book. The problem here is the direct market, a lack of marketing from the publisher, and people not knowing that pre-orders at an LCS is the only real way to support series and keeping them alive.
This is what happened to Mockingbird. No matter how well it does in the trade market it’s not gonna bring back the ongoing.
>>
>>91866438
they swapped out the old team to include a kenyan woman, a russian, a german, an apache, an irish, a jap, and a canadian
the only white american on the team was cyclops

and things only got even more progressive (in a perverted hippie kind of way) when Claremont took over. At the very least, become more the kind of thing that would offend conservative values of the time
>>
>>91866548
>Mockingbird
I forgot all about that book. Only lasted 8 issues (longer than Rhodey's 3 issues, I guess). I noticed the writer is back on Twitter after quitting, too
>>
>>91865822
another fail by leth, yeesh.
>>
File: Kate lel.png (59KB, 601x360px) Image search: [Google]
Kate lel.png
59KB, 601x360px
>>91865822
Sucks, don't it Kate?
>>
>>91866763
Whilst I geuinely despise Kate Leth (to the point where I got banned for for posting one specific screenshot of her twitter), lots of people are fans of Batman without having cracked open any of his comics. Movies, TV shows, video games... you name it, he's had at least one good iteration of each at some point.
>>
>>91865957
Their cheaper than hiring industry vets
>>
>>91867327

That wasn't the problem with the comic. She goes on bitching about Batman for random SJW reasons and then talks about how great Marvel comics are. It's such a pain in the ass that even that bit alone triggers me.
>>
File: 3A53b.jpg (68KB, 946x472px) Image search: [Google]
3A53b.jpg
68KB, 946x472px
>>91865902
>making a perfectly reasonable and logical statement sound stupid
>>
>>91867756
Snyder was writing bad Batman comics desu
>>
>>91865822

>People who don't read comics bitch on their blogs about them needing more female, PoC, mentally/physically retarded leads
>Publishers/creators surprised when not only do those people not buy the books, but neither do longtime readers

Really makes you think.
>>
>>91867781
nice starwman
>>
>>91865822
If people didn't buy it they clearly didn't like it all that much
>>
>>91865902
The idiot lives in Burbank which is, apparently, really expensive. Move to South Dakota or something if she's having such money troubles.
>>
>>91868277
>South Dakota
But anon, that's Shitlordland! It's full of white heterosexual people!
>>
>>91868277
She didn't say that she didn't have money though. She probably makes money for those webcomics. The book didn't sell well enough to survive. She could have bought her own book to support herself
>>
File: 1485894548751.jpg (28KB, 400x413px) Image search: [Google]
1485894548751.jpg
28KB, 400x413px
>>91865822

I love Hellcat
I don't read Hellcat
>>
>>91868498
kek
We should start doing Kate Leth edits
>>
>>91865822
we've been down this comfy road before.

>I am a Batman fan
>I don't read Batman

leads to

>I am a Kate Leth Hellcat fan
>I don't read Kate Leth's Hellcat
>>
She's passively aggressively calling those faggots out, why imply otherwise?
>>
File: Massive fan.png (25KB, 608x272px) Image search: [Google]
Massive fan.png
25KB, 608x272px
>>91866763
>>
>>91865926
and then anon realized tumblr is a world of vocal posers.
>>
>>91868844
Brilliant. Someone tweet it to her
>>
File: 1351002495243.gif (58KB, 752x752px) Image search: [Google]
1351002495243.gif
58KB, 752x752px
>>91868844
Send it to her
>>
>>91868844
do it
>>
>>91868277
She has a day job and her patreon gets her $2,750 a month: https://www.patreon.com/kateleth
>>
File: 1345508620104.png (68KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
1345508620104.png
68KB, 300x226px
>>91868844
Gold.
>>
File: why, god, why.jpg (7KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
why, god, why.jpg
7KB, 200x150px
>>91868994
>$2,750 a month
>for being an insufferable cunt
>meanwhile I seldom earn a thou
>>
>>91868994

>Double dipping into Patreon when you already have employment in the industry

Literal fucking scum

These people make my blood boil
>>
File: kate leth graphtreon.png (23KB, 1055x398px) Image search: [Google]
kate leth graphtreon.png
23KB, 1055x398px
>>91868994
>people have been giving her even more money since the start of the year
why
>>
>>91866332
>t.republican
He said internet, not mexicans you dope
>>
>>91868277
>dude like, just move cross country on a whim if you have money trouble
>>
>>91869087
If fools want to part with their money, that's their right. Not taking advantage of such willing rubes would result in greater financial stress so why not?
>>
>>91869080
Its female privilege. The pink tax is counterbalanced by female letsplayers getting 8 grand to play LoL for 15 minutes because their tits are out
>>
>>91869293
Jeph Jacques may want canuckle science to turn him into a pretty girl, but he's not one yet.
>>
>>91867781
you saying leth made it sound stupid or Anon made it sound stupid? I'd agree on both, but I think Anon did it on purpose as a joke while Leth was torn between her capitalistic needs and ultra-liberal desires
>>
>>91865957
Because no one wants to work with Ike.
>>
>>91865822
in fairness I'm sure that there were people buying it but the fact is that hellcat's target audience is never gonna have the buying power that the average audience that normally buys comics

and that can generally apply to pretty much every book that's like hellcat.
>>
File: egghead.jpg (25KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
egghead.jpg
25KB, 350x263px
>>91866336
Holy shit you're fucking retarded

Marvel doesn't do plans. That was Marvel Studios and they're just Disney now.

What Marvel does is hire anyone and everyone and throw everything at the wall until something sticks. Then they misunderstand why it stuck, try to shove what they think made it stick into every book, fail miserably, then reboot and start over.
>>
>>91869505
>throw everything at the wall until something sticks. Then they misunderstand why it stuck, try to shove what they think made it stick into every book, fail miserably, then reboot and start over.

the rise & fall of ms. marvel in a nutshell
>>
>>91868380
>She didn't say that she didn't have money though.
She constantly moans about not having money on twitter. Don't live outside your means.

>>91868994
Making around $2750 - $3500 (depending on how much she's making on her non-patreon work) a month will let you live half-decently in the part of Florida I live (outside Orlando on the east coast). $3500 a month in fucking Burbank or anywhere in California that's not Little Guadalajara is probably nothing.
>>
>>91869131
She has steady income and a job that does not require her to be rooted to an expensive part of an expensive state. For someone like her it wouldn't be difficult.
>>
>>91869787
kek, she'll never have money no matter how much she's earning. With her BPD she's mentally incapable of saving it.
>>
>>91869787
3000 a month can get you a decent 1/1 or a crappy 2/2 in south florida but only if you don't have serious debt eating into that capital

rent also costs more than mortgage payments
>>
I hate to say it but I often pirate because the way I see it, lets say a new [anime/comic/game] cost $20...I can use that $20 to buy that. OR I can get it for free on the internet and use the $20 to buy something else that I can't get for free on the internet, such as food/drink, clothes, kitchenware, etc. Or hell donate to poor (I do this sometimes too if I see one of the little boxes).

Sort of my thoughts on it.
>>
>>91870030

You don't need to justify not paying for shit, just don't complain when those things you don't pay for underperform and get cancelled is all.
>>
>>91865957
>Why would Marvel keep hiring these people if their books do so poorly they end up cancelled?

Virtue signaling
>>
>wow I can't believe this person wants people to buy things that she sells, what an idiot am I right?
>>
>>91870030
And after that you go on the internet and complain about how people stopped making stuff that you like.
>>
>>91870068

Probably my purchase alone wouldn't stop a comic from going under. If it did I would buy the hell out of it just because I hate to see people lose work.
>>
>>91870104
I think it's more laughing because nobody bought her shitty comic/laughing because she's realizing that the demographic that she's aiming for don't buy the stuff they praise.
She isn't the first writer to figure this out. Quite a few writers at Marvel have commented on how they people hyping their books up on social media for being progressive aren't actually buying the comic. I think KSD said something about how it's nice that the Carol Corps are dressing up like Captain Marvel and going to cons and getting tattoos, but they weren't buying the book so it amounted to nothing.
>>
>>91870030
>such as food/drink, clothes, kitchenware, etc
Your mixing your money for entertainment with your money for food. Different budget.

>or hell donate to the poor
The poor don't do anything for that money, hell some are drunks and shit.
>>
>>91870030
I'm in the same boat, especially with stuff like comics. The "pirate the first 5 and then buy it if you like it" is pretty much my stand by, especially since it's hard to get a grasp on whether or not I like a comic after just one issue.
>>
>>91870151 see >>91870184

And I don't complain. Ultimately, I got it for free so there's no investment there and I know nothing lasts forever. The only thing I would complain about is if they cancelled the English translation of Oooku because I have been paying for that (because I can't find it for free on the internet past vol 7). Other than that I can't think of anything I would complain about.

Stuff has been getting cancelled at me all my life starting in Kindergarten they cancelled the Muppet Babies.
>>
>>91866428
Probably because marvel doesn't have a, 2000ad style shipping department.
>>
>>91865822
> people don't spend money on a product they don't like.

Really? Who could've predicted things would end this way.
>>
>>91870184
But if everyone thinks like that...
>>
>>91870285
So, basically, you believe you live in a bubble and everyone else's actions have consequences, BUT not yours.
>>
Does she live in Burbank because that's where her job is, though? It might not be viable for her to move anywhere else if she's living there because that's where Marvel is right now.

It sounds really shit, but I remember contemplating working for CN at one point in my past until I realized I had to move to Burbank to do so. They wouldn't accept people applying if they didn't have living arrangements already for the area and you wouldn't be allowed to start without already living there. Companies that deal so much with art basically require you to show up to the office when you do things (I assume writing in comics might be different, but I'm going to guess they still want you around), if the part of Marvel she works for is situated in Burbank she may not have a choice in where she lives.

Just saying.
>>
>>91870306
Can someone explain to me how Diamond's Monopoly works? I honestly don't know much about the industry, but people have told me that a lot of the comic industry's issues are a result of Diamond's stranglehold.
>>
>>91870341

but shes clearly saying that people expressed a liking of the book, but just stopped buying it
>>
>>91870376
Writers/artists can live anywhere in the world and turn their work in over the internet.
>>
>>91870237

>Your mixing your money for entertainment with your money for food. Different budget.
I just have "heres all the money I have" budget, which gets stretched much further than it would if I was paying for all my entertainment instead of getting it for free. I also keep ~$1000 for savings every month (about how much left at the end of the month). (I live off my fiancees income though).

>The poor don't do anything for that money, hell some are drunks and shit.
Yeah but they need it more than I do, or most comic writers do for that matter. Like someone else mentioned, Kate Leth has a hefty patreon. Am I supposed to, in theory, be giving her my money when I can get those comic for free easily and others need it more? I don't know.
>>
>>91870386
In the 90s it was determined in court that yes, Diamond did in fact have a monopoly on the distribution of comic books, but since they didn't have a monopoly on the distribution of all books, it was perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>91870353

I know.

>>91870359

No I don't, but my actions are the only ones I have control over and they don't make a difference in this situation. A mass of people would make a difference. But I don't control the mass. I only control myself and what is best for myself. And my money goes further when I get it for free off the internet. My money goes much shorter buying something and that doesn't help it stay uncancelled either.
>>
>>91870489
Well shit.
>>
>>91865822
just post the Arcade page already
>>
>>91870386
Diamond makes the drugs, the store sells the drugs on the corner. Whatever drugs the corner store can't sell are on them. If they want new drugs to sell they have to hit Diamond up with the money up front.

It's like an episode of the wire but it's 1000X longer and it's fucking crippling an industry.
>>
>>91865822
that's one of the problems with the "progressive" market of consumers. They will stop giving money as soon as something else comes along. They just hop from ban wagon to an wagon.
>>
>>91870434
Are you positive about that? Or is that just you SAYING that that's possible. Because the company might not agree with that. If Marvel wants their employees living near their building than artists and writers better be ready to move for it. Like I said, CN is a writer/artist situation, but they require everyone on staff to show up and work 9-5 together, often more than that even. There's a lot within professional art that is way harder on your own than with others, and knowing Marvel's system I can totally see them wanting to bundle their artists and writers up in the same area all at once.
>>
>>91866423
>There is a sizeable group of outspoken comic book critics that have a very distinct idea about what comic books should be despite not willing to spend the time actually reading comic books. When you try to point that out, they call you a "gatekeeper."

The best part about that is that the critics are literally getting their buddies hired and put on books, while still simultaniously railling about how there's so much oppression in the industry.
>>
>>91867327
Sure, but she isn't just a random fan on the street. She's working for the biggest comic journalisim website on the internet, being paid for her opinions, and also in the same comic giving very specific opinions on what's wrong with the comic she isn't reading.
>>
>>91870436
Budget your money better like a real ass adult and quit taking things you don't deserve and living off a surrogate parent, you fucking child.
>>
>>91869787
>Little Guadalajara
holy shit... there's a little guadalajara!
>>
>>91870636
>>Are you positive about that?

How is what that anon said upsetting you so much? Plenty of writers and artists live far from the respective companies they work for and still manage to turn in scripts and pages with ease. Frank Quitely lives in a shack in the middle of nowhere and he still manages it.
>>
>>91870636
Marvel is in New York m8 and they have writers and artists from over the world. Ewing's from the UK, that guy who put those weird messages in that X-Men comic is from Indonesia. Yeah, a cartoon's going to want its production staff in a central location, but they outsource the animation to South Korea.
>>
>>91870739
>the biggest comic journalisim website on the internet

Comics Alliance has been dead for a month.
>>
>>91870436
>I live off my fiancees income
Another leech.
>>
>>91870748

you can't tell me what to do, sorry. My life is amazing and everyone who whines is just sour grapes.

>d living off a surrogate parent,
Do you have sex with your parent? Nope didnt think so.
>>
Does someone have that screen shot of that other indie writer that complained that Tumblr doesn't buy comics.
>>
>>91870753
Yeah. I've been there. It's like Plaza Mexico but filthier. They taught me how to identify guatemallans, gabacho MECHA college student weros , and chilangos and properly insult them.

Much as the eskimos have several hundered descriptors for snow, Guatalaharans have hundereds of ways to tell el salvadorians to go fuck themseleves.

They have a mexican food buffet, which is a terrible and wonderful idea.
>>
File: pt1.png (111KB, 637x878px) Image search: [Google]
pt1.png
111KB, 637x878px
>>91870872
nvm found it
>>
>>91870839
Thats what you get when you pay complete retards for their useless opinions I guess.
>>
File: pt2.png (110KB, 625x807px) Image search: [Google]
pt2.png
110KB, 625x807px
>>91870926
Part 2, tumblr just doesn't buy comics
>>
>>91870848

Get media for free (pirate)
Get food/shelter/drinks/savings/most other things I want for free (fiancee)
Get phone plan, healthcare, car free (parents)

Maybe one day something horrible will happen and I have to get a job at McDonalds or whatever (ugh no) but until then go ahead and call me a leech. I'm not ashamed. I'm an anxious wreck when I have to leave the house and go to work.
>>
>>91870813
I'm not upset. I'm not upset in the slightest. I think you might be reading into emotion that isn't there, I meant that as a real question.

>>91870825
I know they're NY based. I'm assuming a Burbank based branch likely exists, though. A companies HQ doesn't have to be their only office.
>>
>>91870636
Plenty of their artists live in another country.
>>
Turns out Marxist feminists and Tumblr SJWs don't believe in capitalism and don't buy comics.
>>
>>91868277
Hey man that's unlovable as fuck. Wouldn't even wish that on my enemies. At least send her to like Utah or colorado
>>
>>91870976
>Get food/shelter/drinks/savings/most other things I want for free (fiancee)
>Get phone plan, healthcare, car free (parents)
Double leech.
>I'm an anxious wreck when I have to leave the house and go to work.
Triple.
>>
>>91870961
>$87/month on patreon
Looks like the market for side-shave quirky girl artists is saturated.
And yeah a comic shop isn't going to want to stock books no one who actually goes to his store wants to buy.
>>
>>91870855
So what I'm getting here is that: a.) You have a really high undeserved opinion of yourself because you think people who tell you to act like an adult is just being sour grapes, and b.) You have a Fuck Mommy, but don't like calling her that because it makes you feel icky.
Truly you must be living the dream.
>>
>>91870979
DC Comics actually did move from New York to Burbank so the higher-ups could be more involved with the movies. They didn't create another office, that would have been a huge waste.
>>
>>91871030

I'm not about to destroy myself emotionally/mentally just so I dont have to be a leech anymore.
>>
>>91870961
There are people who do want to read her kind of stories? Is she sure it isn't that they want her kind of comics to exist so they can post the cover on their tumblr and feel good about it?
>>
File: 8794651.jpg (24KB, 268x292px) Image search: [Google]
8794651.jpg
24KB, 268x292px
>>91870961
>The shitty revelation that Marvel isn't pursuing diverse books again isn't because no one wants them-obviously readers DO--it's because the dudes going into comic shops and spending money are the dudes publishers are gonna listen to

>Tumblr demands more diverse comics
>/co/mrades actually PURCHASING comics stop purchasing them
>Tumblr and Marvel question why diverse comics are unpopular
>Literal tumblrina's begin to understand why and ridicule their own kind on twitter

I just love it when crap lines up like this.
>>
>>91871083
You're already doing that by being a leech.
>>
>>91871083
No need to. Sooner or later your parents will die and she will divorce you when she gets tired of your leeching. And when that day comes, you will have to either commit suicide or look for another leechable person.
>>
>>91870926
>>91870961
hopefully she learns that SJW don't buy comics
>>
>>91870489
I wonder is someone can appeal this.
>>
>>91871068

Thats right

>>91871136

I've never been more happy mentally. When I was working I wanted to die, I was throwing up almost nightly, I was treading water til I paid off student debts and found a man who I could get married to and be a housewife. Nothing is worse than working for me, though I'll do it if its an emergency situation of course.

And I still pirated even then and got everything for free that I could. That much is common sense, unless you have infinite money.
>>
>>91865957
You can spend the same amount of money throwing 10 webcomic darts as you would a normal industry pro.
>>
>>91871236
Oh, okay. Fuck Daddy then, excuse me. You're still a fucking child masquerading as an adult. Learn to budget you fuck, it is literally the only real skill you should have in your position, and you still don't do it or learn it. You're worthless.
>>
>>91868844
kino
>>
>>91871236
>found a man who I could get married to and be a housewife
Now I know you're just bullshitting.
>>
>>91871146

My fiance wants me to be stay at home. If he changes his mind then I will do what I can to get work etc. though I'd need to go on drugs again to keep my anxiety under control.

If he divorces me I'd want to die either way, not because of money but because I love him so much. I don't expect sour grapes like you to understand.
>>
>>91871367
>My fiance wants me to be stay at home
Do you also wear a burka?
>>
I hate to point this out but..
>complaining about Tumblrites not buying books when we have weekly Win-o threads

I myself am reading books on a websites, and maybe buy two trades out of the ten series I read every month. just bought Drax, and eyeing Blankets
>>
I personally consider schadenfreude a very low feeling.

I try my hardest to resist it. I really try.
>>
>>91871362
Believe me or don't. I'm still a housefiance right now, marriage is in July, hopefully children asap after (he wants them more than me). A+ life, never want to trade it.

>>91871396
Nope.

>>91871353
I might learn to budget later (after marriage) but not because you told me to.
>>
>>91871448
Don't know about others, but I'm perfectly aware of my pirating habits and don't go around making demands to companies and creators as if I were a paying customer.
>>
>>91871518
It's the basest form of entertainment, like emotional slapstick
>>
>>91871448
I look at it like this. Enjoy all the media you want online for free if you want. Comics, tv shows, movies, video games, whatever. You just have no right to bitch when it gets cancelled for low sales/viewership.

If you like something, support it. If you like comics, buy comics. Do you have to buy everything you read? That's up to you. Too expensive for you? Well, again too bad. Money talks.

I love comics, so I buy a lot of comics. Probably too many, I'm spending $100/week. But I love the hobby, I love reading them, collecting them. Comics are a very niche hobby, they can't afford every asshole freeloading on it like huge blockbuster movies do.
>>
>>91865957
Because no one else wants to work with them.
>>
>>91871448
I read online I buy the ones that I liked through comixology.

Of all things, why did you by Drax?
>>
>>91871518
Well, if anyone is a world expert on comic book sales, it's Distinguished Comic Book Historian and CEO of Marvel Ryan Higgins
>>
>>91871518
But if Tumblr was the problem, the only Marvel books that are aimed at that demographic would be failing. Stuff like Secret Empire or Civil War II, which Tumblr hates, should be thriving.

But oh wait, turns out Marvel's entire line is in the sales gutter, not just Hellcat and Mockingbird.

So much for that theory.
>>
>>91871536
>>91871556
Pretty much the same. I read a bunch of books online, then buy the ones I truly loved or found a reason to possess. (I'm an artist so it helps to have some books as a model here).
Recently Nova was cancelled. I was sad, but since I'm not paying for it I can't complain. I don't live in america though so you know...
>>
>>91870926
>>91870961
>>91871518

What they need to understand is that a majority of the people they're appealing to are more of the "consume and give nothing back" type. The only thing the people they're appealing to for is food or drink.
>>
>>91871448
I actually buy more comics thanks to Win-o threads because it gives me a chance to read a comic beforehand to see if I like it or not. Before I wasn't as willing to try new comics because my budget for misc items is small
>>
>>91871655
"Tumblr" books are merely a symptom of the larger problem. That being Marvel is complete shit nowadays.
>>
>>91871578
It's th ebook drawn by Scott Hepburn.

Great art, very fun and amusing. A basic space adventure that doesn't take itself seriously. I also want to use the art as a reference for my own comic I'm wworking on.

But overall, it's basically what I wish more cape books would be : adventure and fun, and little to no dumb preaching. I like messages and politics too, but Marvel's way of doing it is hamfisted as fuck. And I'm not even a Trump supporter.
>>
>>91871524
Confirmed for Muslim woman. Pity that that he won't let you use the Internet either, but hey, it's a small price for leeching!
>>
>>91871655
There are some simple-minded autists who blame Tumblr for absolutely everything that happens in the fucking world.

The obvious reason for Marvel's sales slump is event fatigue, given that it began right around the start of Civil War II, a title which historically underperformed.

But people are desperate to paint everything that happens in nerd culture as a win for their side (whether they're SJW's or Anti-SJW's) so it inevitably gets spun that way.
>>
>>91871448

But I also buy things that I enjoy/collect and support artists that I like.

Not everyone is going to have same circumstances or values but even though I do pirate, I also end up buying things I've pirated. Same reason youtube killed a lot of music piracy is that people can enjoy it freely and I still buy music to support bands/go to shows.

In a capitalist market, how you advertise/give access to a product has to be blended with needs of people that you're trying to get to buy.

The industries that do better tend to strike a better balance.
>>
File: 1484596339810.png (2MB, 1600x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1484596339810.png
2MB, 1600x1173px
>>91870961

Cara. You know how making comics works. That's your world. But retailers, the people who sell those comics, have a different set of problems than you. It's one thing to put your book on the shelf, but if nobody wants to buy it and it sits there for months, it's on the retailers dime. Or, more importantly, nobody has asked for your comic for a direct, 1 to 1 sale.

Comickers don't know shit about the retail end, and yet she gets SO close in the beginning with the realization that, yes, the retail of comics is built off the backs of a group of readers that buy significant amount of books once a month.
>>
>>91871660
I am aware it is tougher if you're not in North America as a comic book fan. Hell, I'm sure if I liked collecting didgeridoos I'd have an easier time in Australia. Just do what you can and what you can afford.

Nowadays everything is available at your fingertips for free. Different from when I grew up, but I still always believed in spending money on what you enjoy. I know people now don't have that same state of mind. Why buy a $30 Blu-Ray when it's free? That's $30 I can spend eating out!
>>
>>91865822
>People who read my comic don't enjoy it enough to buy the next trade
>I'm so autistic that I don't understand that when they say "I love Hellcat!" they actually mean "I am humoring you because we're face to face; I didn't like it enough to buy the second trade."
>The polite, non-autistic readers are at fault for daring not to spend their money on me
>It can't be that my comic isn't good enough to keep them reading
>>
>>91870926
>>91870961
>comic shop wont sell kids comics
I mean what did you expect? We're not living in the past, so to speak, were living in an era where most kids have a "smart" device of some sort. Kids spend their free time playing gacha shit, watching youtube "celebs", or laughing at meme shit. With schools actively getting rid of bullies aswell, no ones going to a comic shop for a safe place.
All of that with a stagnating industry that has activily gotten in its own way for years now and the thing you realize is that no one but those that grew up with comics care about them. So comic shops have to appease them.

Your children will see comic shops die,
>>
>>91871840
True. To simplify my ways, I end up doing this

>read scans
>buy book if I like it enough
>make publicity for it to my friends or followers

I live in France, and french books are a bitch to get online, and hella expensive to buy. So like another anon said, I tend to pass on buying a book because I don't know if it's worth my money.
Result is I end up buying the trade of an american book, in english from Amazon, because I first read it on a website. But the french books? I seldom buy any.
>>
>>91871817
Had a guy come into my LCS (where I work) with his comic he made. Very shitty art and story, total amateur hour and delusions of how great it is in their mind. Not Sonichu level of bad, but you get the idea. They put one on display in the store for him. It sat there for over two years untouched, nobody ever asked about it or looked at it or bought it. It's still in the store, buried in the overstock now. The guy only came back in the store a couple times after he made it and is long gone too.

Retailers make the majority of their money on Wednesday. People coming in for their weekly haul. Guys buying a stack of books. People buying a few books add up, but it's the regulars that spend tons on comics that keeps stores going. So this is who publishers need to cater to to keep things going.

Back issues? They sell, but more like a trickle. If the book is more than a week old there is no demand for it, and it's rare some guy wants to get shit he missed, because they were there every week in the first place. A new reader or lapsed reader comes in sometimes to buy stuff, but it's still a small portion.

New sales on Wednesday are 90%+ of the business, easy.
>>
>>91867327
I think one could call themselves a fan of Batman by just watching the Movies and Cartoons. I find it difficult to classify yourself as a MASSIVE Batman fan if you don't read the comics.
>>
>>91868277
lol, just move! Sell your car and drive for Uber!
>>
>>91868844
tweet this shit and post a link
>>
File: 1448048467234.gif (493KB, 251x188px) Image search: [Google]
1448048467234.gif
493KB, 251x188px
>>91865822
TUMBLR DONT BUY COMICS
WHO WOULDA THUNK
>>
>>91871981

And that's unfortunate but it's the truth. I'm sure to you it's not that the "diverse" books don't sell, but it's probably just that the readers who pick those comics up don't have the pull of the Wednesday Warriors. If there was 20 or 30 people who came in every week and bought the comics that stew around in that 15k-30k range, it be a different story.
>>
>>91871987
>I find it difficult to classify yourself as a MASSIVE Batman fan if you don't read the comics.

This is why I personally don't consider myself a Batman "fan". Even though I've seen the movies and shows and played the games, and even read some comics, I've never really DOVE into the character. I haven't read much of the old stuff. I think that's what irks me about the usage of the term "fan". Its become so water-downed. A "proper" fan should arguably be pushing themselves to experience MORE of what they like, not seeing a movie and going "Yea, sure, I'm a fan".
>>
>>91870550
What does any of that mean?
>>
>>91871960

Do they translate comics later on into french the way they do regular books? I figure there would be a delay but you could still do that then even though you know obviously by reading english when first version of it came out?
>>
>>91872229
The only ones buying the "diverse" Marvel books at my LCS are the Marvel zombies/completionists that buy everything Marvel. So they get Hellcat, Squirrel Girl, Mockingbird because they love Marvel and want to get all the ongoing titles.

The audience that Marvel perceives is buying those books? Those people do come in the store, but don't buy those books. They want mainstream stuff they saw movies and tv shows of.
>>
>>91872244
We really need a new word for this increasingly more common situation. After all fan is short for fanatic.
"luk", from "luke warm" towards a character?
>>
>>91872277

He's using a drug distribution metaphor for how comic distribution is being stifled.
>>
>>91871655
just because tumblr hates it doesn't mean it is good
>>
File: sigh.jpg (158KB, 1280x963px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
158KB, 1280x963px
>>91865822
What do you expect when you go for an audience that probably doesn't know what a pull list is?
>>
>>91865957
webcomic artists are probably cheaper than actual professionals
>>
>>91872376
Good luck with that, you'll just be accused of gatekeeping.
>>
>>91871581
A comics retailer in the bay area would know whether or not tumbrlites are buying books, he's in the thick of it.
>>
>>91872439
But Secret Empire is good.
>>
>>91872390
Yes, but why would one assume that someone understands how drug distribution functions? I *think* I understand what he said in the post, but I fail to see how it translates.
>>
>>91871524
Well, congrats on never amounting to anything more than his personal baby maker, I guess.

>>91871367
That's called codependency and it means you're not a real functional person. Seek help.
>>
>>91872353
They do translate foreign comics into french, but I why read in french, months later, when I can read the original version and buy it as such on Amazon?
>>
>>91870386
A lot of anons here are uninformed as they don't actually deal with Diamond or understand the rules, they just think Diamond is the boogeyman. I'll try to explain things briefly.

Diamond is the exclusive distributor to the direct market (comic book stores) for Marvel, DC, etc. They sell comics to the stores non-returnable at a 50% off cover discount. There are other distributors as well, however without the big brands available, most stores don't even bother with them and do all of their business with Diamond.

However, this exclusive arrangement only deals with the direct market. Marvel, DC, etc. are free to sell their comics to the "newsstand" but they choose not to, as those markets have returnable product. This costs a lot more to do. For most periodicals, you print 10 copies to sell 3. Return margins are that high. So those returns wind up getting pulped. So the cover price has to be a lot higher so stores are making money.

Anons thinking "why doesn't Marvel bundle a bunch of comics together in an anthology?" don't realize that anthologies typically don't sell and are not desired by most people. They've tried and they never work. There is a Marvel Spider-Man digest coming out soon (distributed by Archie) that will be available where Archie digests are, so we'll see if it does anything.
>>
>>91871353
>>91871396
>>91872642
>hating on tradwives
Feminists, leave. The future of our species requires women who stay at home to rear children.
>>
>>91872538
What's gatekeeping? Something to do with keeping others from comics? If they had any shred of passion they wouldn't let some complaining nerd on the Internet stop them
>>
>>91872711
Even a traditional housewife needs to be competent. The anon in question doesn't sound competent at all.
>>
>>91872663
Also I should explain how the issues are sold here in France for Marvel.

You know how in america you just buy the issue you want an dthat's it?

Here, the french publisher gathers issues of different characters into one small book. So let's say you only want to read iron man, you also have to buy Guardians with it. or there's a book for the different X series, or a Spider-Man book with issues that came out months apart and have nothing to do with each other and are not from the same series.

I basically was lost as fuck at first.
That plus the fact that the decompressed story telling and such made it feel like I was wasting my money.

I don't buy those anymore. I order trades of the series I like online, in english.
>>
>lives in California
Boy, that explains everything. Anytime someone says they're from California, it's best to just immediately write them off.
>>
>>91872714
It means you're judging the standards by which to include people in your club (the fandom).
>>
>>91872376
>>91872376

There arlready is. Secondary and tertiary fans.

Secondary fans are people who's only serious expoure are the spinoffs. Like, someone who buys every Arkham game, but has barely any knowledge of even the JLU show. Most dedicated TV fags go here.

Tertiary fans are people who have a vauge liking of the character, and will say, get a wonder woman wallet or phone case, but may have not read a comic or seen an episode in decades. A sterotypical Harley Quinn hot topic shopper counts here.

>you'll just be accused of gatekeeping.
If retards have problems with basic, industry supported terminologies describing the marketplace as objectively as possible, there's nothing that can be done for them. Except maybe to sell them virtue signalling crap or articles for them to read/reblog.
>>
>>91869293
>Pink tax

Actually men pay considerable more tax over the course of their working lives than women.
>>
>>91872829
>tfw always want to move to Cali for fun and sun but its expensive as hell and populated by hippie liberals
>>
>>91870151
They already stopped making the stuff I like 20 years ago.
>>
>>91872829
Rural California and urban California are very different, like they are everywhere else. Regardless, she's from Canada and moved to Burbank.
>>
>>91872835
I consider myself a luk of many characters, even batman. I realize I'm nowhere near as passionate as many others, so calling myself a fan seems insulting to them
>>
>>91872642

>Well, congrats on never amounting to anything more than his personal baby maker, I guess.
Thanks. Congrats on never amounting to anything more than a wageslave, I guess.

>That's called codependency and it means you're not a real functional person. Seek help.
Nah. I actually tried going to therapists for anxiety before, they are all garbage.
>>
>>91872667

So Diamond sells to my LCS 100 of X-Men: Gold and instead of paying $4.00 like I did, they pay only $2.00? That's a huge profit my LCS is getting, provided they sell all 100 units (or at least get past 50 units.)
>>
>>91865822
>Make comic designed to appeal solely to tumblrcunts, who don't buy comics
>It bombs
Truly shocking development.
>>
>>91870748
>Saving $1000 a month is bad
Seriously? Maybe I just think that sounds fair because I get paid shit wages.
>>
>>91872892
living in california sucks, vacation if you want but don't stay too long
>>
>>91872642
>Well, congrats on never amounting to anything more than his personal baby maker, I guess.

Sounds like you're projecting because you as a human don't really have much to offer anyone.
>>
>>91872934
Diamond gives bigger discounts the more you spend, I think the lowest tier is 50% though. Larger retailers get 53-55% or something, there is a chart with all the ranges and stuff but I don't have it handy. They also give larger discounts sometimes if it's a promotion, so that 100 copies of X-Men Gold might have been 75% off, or they sent the LCS 10 copies for free, etc.

LCS has to deal with unsold product though for that big discount. Most LCS sell close to what they know will sell, as they can suffer from what's called "the death of a thousand cuts". I'm sure you're aware of the huge number of titles available. Even ordering one extra copy of everything in the store for the shelf adds up, and all that unsold stuff is dead stock that gets discounted (sold at a loss).

There are also variants and shit, if they order 100 copies they can get the 1-in-100 cover they can sell for big bucks. They can set their own price, they pay the same for that variant as the regular comic.
>>
>>91873051
I'm married too, my dude. I just think someone not pulling their weight in a relationship is shameful as fuck, and having no remorse about it and a really inflated self ego shows that there's something wrong with this person.
>>
I think the problem is more likely that these people didn't buy the book. Not because they don't like comics. They're at a fucking comic convention. More that they are being nice around a creator because that's often what people do.

They're lying to her about caring.
>>
>>91872929
Don't listen to that shit. You only get one life to live in this world, and if you want to stay at home and be a housewife, you do what you wanna do.
>>
>>91868277
said by a person who hasn't even moved out of their parents house yet.
>>
>>91873120
Homemakers make the home. :^)
I don't believe that anon said anything about not cleaning or preparing meals. Being a social anxiety-ridden neet who doesn't bother with budget tables doesn't necessarily mean being a layabout.
>>
>>91869087
How dare people work two jobs when they already have one.
Those kinds of people make my blood boil.
>>
>>91873137

Thanks.

As far as I am concerned, if my fiance is happy and I am happy I don't care what random people on the internet say. Hell that is the best thing about being housefiance. The love/respect/approval of one person is all that matters, instead of chasing after approval of society as a whole all the time, which some people can do but I found horrible and crushing.
>>
>>91873232
Can Patreon even be considered a "job"? Its a glorified tip jar.
>>
>>91873219
>If he divorces me I'd want to die either way, not because of money but because I love him so much.
>I've never been more happy mentally.
>>
>>91869293
>>91869080

Leth is a cunt, but fuck it gets super red pill in threads about her.
What happened to hating her because she's a hack, as opposed to hating her because she has a vagina?
>>
>>91873281
To be fair she the type who advertises that she has a vagina. Its no surprise when she gets shit for having one.
>>
>>91873278
>planning for divorce instead of marrying someone you trust with the intent of "until death do you part"
this world is pretty fucked when people like you are the norm pal.
>>
>>91870926
When someone does that to you, you take that as a cue to talk to them for a second about how that would make other artists feel.
>>
>>91873276
They're producing product for a paycheck.
Just because the source of the income is crowd funded doesn't mean she don't gotta pay taxes on it.
A lot of artist patreons provide prints to subscribers and whatnot.
IDK if her does or not, as i'm not willing to support her.
>>
>>91873070

that's pretty informative. thanks. I can definitely see the frustration of the industry from everyone's point of view a lot more.
>>
>>91873281
We're too busy hating on her because people willingly give her money.
>>
>>91872892
>>91873040
>>91872909
I've lived in Cali my whole life. Was born in shitpoor SoCal, grew up in shitpoor Norcal. Moved out of the poor part of the city into a rural area when I was young. I didn't even know people thought California was expensive until way the fuck later on when I started hearing people online say it. If you're living in rural or inner city style places it tends to not cost much, honestly. And the hippy-liberal quotient is actually super low in most places, because they cluster around rich cities like a bunch of retards. California isn't all beaches and sun and fun and coffee shops and whatever. We're actually like 90% farms and farming communities. Even then, most of the cities that aren't on the coast aren't anything like you see in movies or whatever. It just happens that anything anyone ever sees from us from entertainment to politics is a really small vertical slice of the state. LA and San Fran, basically. And that's it.
>>
>>91865957
They need new talent, so they try with new writers.
>>
>>91871959
Kids still care about comics.
They don't care about physical, $3+ American comics.
>>
>>91865957

It's a long storied history. First you have Marvel's management. It's horrible and has been horrible for decades. They've spent those decades burning bridges with established and respected creators. Basically none of the superstar comic writers will work with them anymore.

Then to complete the storm you have Gail Simone. Gail managed to land a job because she was a vocal comics fan and a feminist and actually managed to make some pretty good stuff in her early career. She became something of a nerd feminist icon and lots of women started professing to be comics fans that cared about feminist issues. They'd follow her blog posts and signal boost any particular issue that Gail seemed concerned about. That meant there were a lot of people talking about comics but not really buying comics which in turn lead Marvel to believe there was a huge potential audience out there to tap with a massive pool of untapped creators that hadn't been soured on Marvel's shitty practices. Unfortunately that huge audience isn't really all that consistent. Most of them like the movies but don't really want to read comics on the regular. They can be mobilized to buy something if there's enough buzz about it like Lumberjanes and the Hellcat trade but they aren't going to stick with it. They'll pick up an issue or two and then most of the audience will walk away waiting for the next big controversy to get behind. That in itself really wouldn't be so bad. So what if 90% of them don't stick with it 10% new comic readers could be a good thing if we didn't go back the first point where Marvel is retarded and tried to attract that new audience at the expense of their old one. So now Marvel is in a bit of a pickle as it has tons of books below the cancellation line and doesn't have a clear idea of who it's core audience is anymore. It will be interesting to see what they do to pull out of this rut.
>>
>>91873281
Princess Highground started in 2013.
>>
>>91865822
>200 replies and no Miller pasta
Fucking shame on you /co/mblr I swear
>>
Remember when Kate leth tried to get sympathy for fucking a married man who died of cancer? Lol
>>
>>91873540
I knew of Leth's exploits before she got hired at Marvel. I still gave her a fair chance, as I don't really care about a creator's life, just their output. She's terrible.
>>
>>91871083
How weak are you that working "destroys " you?
>>
>>91873630
Yeah I also got hellcat for a few issues and didn't care just not my cup of tea really. They should really put a lot of these tumblr creators on back ups until they're ready to spread their wings
>>
>>91873715

Pretty weak, I guess.
>>
>>91873731
They were hoping their built-in fanbase would buy their Marvel output. It didn't happen.
>>
>>91865822
This reminds me of a story someone told be about a political debate. Two candidates stand up and say a bunch of stuff about young people or minorities or religion. Then there asked about old people. Candidate one says, 'greatest generation, the best.' Candidate two says, 'oh, best of the best.'

Don't fuck with the group who control your livelihood.
>>
>>91865822
>People love the book but they arent buying it!!
Or maybe people arent byting it cause its not good
>>
>>91873715
I also have social anxiety and let me tell you, it's awful being stressed out all the time around people and never being able to acclimatize even after years have passed.
>>
>>91870976
>has a fiancée
>is a nervous wreck

she must be morbidly obese.
>>
>>91865926
Fuck off. As if my watching/buying season 1 of Izomebi would make a difference. Tv networks don't make decisions based on small transactions.
>>
>>91865822
>That rainbow flag and shit pic.
>>
>>91873630
Wasn't she angry the wife was getting more sympathy than she was?
>>
>>91866423
Those critics are gatekeepers. They want to control who comes in. That's why they help out Leth and others. They want an industry dominated by them and people who share their worldview.
>>
>>91874008

I'm normal sized. What does morbid obese have to do with being nervous or fiancee?
>>
>>91870926

>Its like $5 an hour for me to sell my doodles

What is her idea of nowhere?

also >>91870961
>Obviously readers do

No, because the least diverse books sell best. Diversity has become an oversaturated nitch.

>adding problems of this industry.

An insular industry that has no diversity of creative talent or genre.
>>
>>91874066
>>91866423
Neither of those are gatekeeping

>>91871987
Is actually gatekeeping as anon states you can't be X unless you're Y.
>>
>>91873444
>It will be interesting to see what they do to pull out of this rut.
Marvel's Rebirth. Without any of the talent and planning ahead that made DC Rebirth a success
>>
>>91874181
>What is her idea of nowhere?
Greenville, Michigan according to her facebook.
>The population was 8,481 at the 2010 census
Gotta admit it's not much of an exaggeration.
>>
>>91872667
I wish I could get excited about that, but I've never seen an Archie digest in any of the stores near me.
>>
>>91868844
Tweet this to her lmao
>>
>>91873408
This
>>
>>91873408
not to mention buying comics isn't as simple as grabbing one at the grocery store checkout anymore.
>>
>>91870872
In all fairness this board regularly posts storytime threads.

Even though the last comic thread i read I did actually purchase.

Still it's pretty much a thing online.
>>
>>91876081
I read story times, but buy the TPB's, plus I still buy single issues. Like Supersons/Superman.
>>
>>91874181
>No, because the least diverse books sell best. Diversity has become an oversaturated niche.

I disagree, a diverse comic can be good. I'd buy the hell out of a warrior black tribal princess who goes through trials and tribulations about coming to terms with her gender in a male dominated culture.

If it fucking told a developing and interesting story that made me care. I ain't gonna jump into a serious with a recoloured iron man.

I just don't care for the diversity excuse. People will buy diverse but marvels method was retarded and clearly dreamt up by some bad writers and bad marketing. Makes comic book faggots seem like the KKK.
>>
>>91876242
>Benis
>>
>>91874841
>pokemon red and blue

Heh, kids are weebs.

Oh shit I'm a weeb.

Fucking free manga and anime sites. And american laws keeping comics off the net.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (30KB, 591x324px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
30KB, 591x324px
>>91874726
>>91868959
>>91868979
>>91872121
>>
>>91876332
>>91876355
And?
>>
>>91876380
>being this new
>>
>>91876355
Why do people always think one tweet will work. It only gets their attention if a couple people do it simultaneously
>>
>>91865926
Either its just pretend because you dont want to make the artist sad or want to end the conversation without getting in a discussion.
Or you like it, but would never watch it because its not interesting to you. Like you can say "that man is beautifull" without being interested in him.
>>
>>91876355
You complete lunatic.
>>
>>91876398
She's not some megaceleb, she'll see it. Once one guy from here was debating with her and he was dumb enough to include a /co/ screenshot which got him instantly blocked.
>>
>>91868277
>Have money problems? Then fucking move.
>It's not like moving across the country is fucking expensive or anything.

And that's not even the issue here. The issue is that a comic, regardless of how well off the author of it is or not, needs to gets sales in order to not get cancelled.
>>
File: arr matey.jpg (35KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
arr matey.jpg
35KB, 852x480px
>>91866763
>>91868844
Hey, I imagine some of them probably do read it. Just... not in a way that helps the comic survive.
>>
>>91877811
She's the one who decided to move from Halifax to Burbank.
Maybe the government will solve the problem for her and deport her back to Canada.
>>
>>91865957
How retarded is nu/co/? Sales no longer depend on quality or the name of the writer.
>>
File: 1373910529246.jpg (33KB, 386x301px) Image search: [Google]
1373910529246.jpg
33KB, 386x301px
>>91870961
>you GOTTA support book sales
>WHICH IS SHITTY BECAUSE BOOKS ARE BULKY AND EXPENSIVE

Why are you even in this industry if you don't like your own product
>>
>>91874059
lol I think so. Wasn't she the one who posted that picture of yales Stewart peen
>>
>>91868844
To be more stinging you should make it
"I do not buy Hellcat"
>>
>>91876081
Story time here is amazing cause it lets me know which floppies to purchase if I'm on the fence about it.
Honestly with any media I pirate if it's good enough I'm willing to purchase it
>>
>>91874372
Greenville isn't the middle of nowhere
It has a walmart and a meijers
There's actually lots of stores there
And it's only 45 minutes to downtown Grand Rapids
>>
>>91880667
The fact that she has an internet connection is proof that she isn't literally in the middle of nowhere. But to a big city dweller, a place with 8000 people is going to feel like nowhere.
>>
>>91868277
>I don't know a thing about the ordeal that is required to move across the country
>>
>>91873276

What is wrong with a tip jar?
>>
>>91882952
>people getting money for doing nothing is okay
>>
>>91883268
Yeah. It is. If people are willing to give the money. Why are people so upset about what other people do with their money?
>>
>>91883291
Because they aren't the ones getting the money.
>>
>>91883291
Because it's stupid.

That money is better spent doing something productive.
>>
>>91865822
>Gee, Imagine that.
This is known.
>>
>>91882952
Literally nothing. The people who donate to patreons clearly think the person is producing value for them.
>>
>>91865822
Wait, didn't she say it was totally her choice not to continue with Hellcat? Because this kind of goes against that and leans more towards what everybody actually suspected was the truth.
>>
>>91867781
You're retarded, the joke Anon was going for which everyone but you seemed to get is that the passive aggressive no balls tumblr way of typing(All lowercase, lots of elipeses, hehes and hahas) is rendered rather pathetic looking when coupled with a harsh reality - such as no sales.
>>
>>91874014
I don't know man the day I bought season one and two of Izombie they announced season 3. On a more serious note though, purchasing the merchandise is the only thing Tv networks care about. Which makes more money Superman comics or Superman merchandise?
>>
>>91883670
>didn't she say it was totally her choice not to continue with Hellcat?
"You can't fire me, I QUIT!!"
>>
You know, if Marvel or fucking anyone told people how the market actually worked, maybe we wouldn't be where we are now
>>
>>91883648

The shit of it is I can't afford to go to conventions because I buy so many comics.
>>
>>91865822
why can't she be lethe instead, so we can just fucking forget her already.
>>
>>91883745
If people knew how economics works, we'd all be so rich, we could be taking vacations on the moon by now.
>>
File: kindle.jpg (342KB, 1920x950px) Image search: [Google]
kindle.jpg
342KB, 1920x950px
Have you done YOUR part to support the western comicbook industry?
>>
>>91868277
Yeah why would a cartoonist live in Burbank? It's not like Disney, Marvel, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Warner Brothers, Dreamworks, and DC Comics all have production offices there.
>>
>>91883814
Huh, strange. I thought Disney and Nick DID have production offices there.
>>
>>91872711
>trusting the future of our species to an incompetent womanchild
What could possibly go wrong.
>>
>>91868277

>The idiot lives in Burbank which is, apparently, really expensive.
That's weird, I wonder if it has anything to do with her job.

>Move to South Dakota or something if she's having such money troubles.
Yeah I guess the comics industry is big out there these days...
>>
>>91883811
>Buying Japanese stuff in the west

Either buy directly from them in Japan (then read English scans) or don't bother at all cause Japan sees squat from buying western shit, all you're doing is supporting the west licensers and bullshit.
>>
File: C47PcDdWYAAPKxB.jpg large.jpg (276KB, 2047x1359px) Image search: [Google]
C47PcDdWYAAPKxB.jpg large.jpg
276KB, 2047x1359px
Just saw this panel. How bad and cliched was this comic actually?
>>
>>91883551

Who are you to decide what these people want to do with their money? If they wanna give 10 dollars a month to some artist they like then why the fuck should I care?
>>
File: 1348105280942.png (20KB, 204x231px) Image search: [Google]
1348105280942.png
20KB, 204x231px
>>91884948
I wish I had the page where a chick stutters for several word bubbles because their ring or something got dropped down the drain and the words "men are the worst" are uttered
>>
>>91883814
I expect as more jobs move online we'll start seeing a lot more urban decompression. The only reason people want to move to these cities is jobs that many of them don't really need to physically live there to do.
>>
File: men are the WORST.jpg (546KB, 1200x1845px) Image search: [Google]
men are the WORST.jpg
546KB, 1200x1845px
>>91885058
I gotchu, senpai.
>>
File: 1493018332840.png (133KB, 406x229px) Image search: [Google]
1493018332840.png
133KB, 406x229px
I'm glad when bad things happen to Kate Leth.
>>
File: red skull.jpg (592KB, 1019x721px) Image search: [Google]
red skull.jpg
592KB, 1019x721px
>>91885232
>Men are the worst

Hmm...
>>
>>91885232
>adult woman crying on the ground like a fucking baby because she lost some tickets to a fucking PLAY

that's just pathetic
>>
>>91865822
I hope Kirk MacLeod is happy, wherever he is.
>>
>>91871981
Back issues are largely for conventions or whales. Or long time customers who remember back in the day when you didn't have TPBs/internet and had to buy the actual back issues you wanted to read and live for the hunt.

The type of big spender who can afford spending big bucks on older books or who can afford blowing money trolling through dollar bins for shit.

Local comic shop has a guy like that. Spends huge bucks on dollar books/back issues, especially in the last couple of years during the dark days of DC You and Secret Wars and SJW Marvel. When he pretty much culled his entire pull folder down to like three books instead of his normal 20-25 and only coming in every three or four weeks.

He ended up spending in the last couple of years, nearly three grand on dollar books, so much so that the owner ended up buying up other peoples collections of shit he'd normally laugh if they brought it in trying to get money (90s era shit). Largely because he wanted to keep the guy coming in and knew what the guy liked or was looking for (especially after said guy ended up throwing cryptic comments about spending his money on Ebay to get his comic fix).

Guy ended up buying (via dollar books) nearly a full post-Crisis through New 52 run of Superman, pretty much the entire Thor run from the Simonson run through Heroes Reborn, several complete runs of Valiant books, Marvel Comics Presents, Marvel Fanfare, Green Lantern's 90s comic (with Gerald and Marz), a shit ton of smaller runs (Legion, Darkstars, Team Titans, Valor, Fantastic Force, Force Works)

He's one of the shop's oldest costumers (since the day it opened) and the guy is basically a gay basement dwelling nerd who turned conservative over the last couple of years in terms of being a disillusioned Obama cheerleader type who voted for Trump simply for the thrill of Trump spending his term pissing everyone off and is of the John Waters school of "Politically incorrect" gayness.
>>
>>91872667
The chief problem wiht the anthologies is that the main "star" writers will never allow their shit to be put in an anthology, same with artists. So it's worthless filler shit that goes in there or it's shit that is three or four years old and completely out of date.

Also, if we went back to newstands, stores will only order big name books and won't stock SJW friendly d-list titles. And worse, wouldn't stock ANYTHING REMOTELY EDGY!

Meaning no Image, no indie shit, no Marvel books like Punisher or Deadpool unless they've been sanitized. No Walking Dead even.....

Just Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman and Superman (and no other DC book, since DC always had poor newstand distribution in the 90s outside those franchises), maybe Cap/Guardians/and IDW Transformer books (which would also have to be scrubbed of gayness)
>>
>>91885289
What really makes is that she's not crying because of the fight that ended with her boyfriend dumping her unexpectedly while they were on a date.
She's fucking devastated that she's unable to scalp the tickets.
>>
File: 1431988407537.png (145KB, 448x448px) Image search: [Google]
1431988407537.png
145KB, 448x448px
>>91885232

>"Men are just the worst!"
>Cue man saving the woman's day by using his telekinesis to lift the tickets out of the drain.

The jokes basically write themselves.
>>
>>91870926
>>91870961

remember when nick spencer talked about this phenomenon and said that companies pandered to wednesday warriors because they bought loads of comics and people lost their minds
>>
>>91885335
>is of the John Waters school of "Politically incorrect" gayness.

Ironically had Marvel gone after THOSE types of peoples, Marvel would not be in the huge mess they are in.
>>
>>91885122
That's what people said ten years ago. Instead urban areas just get more concentrated while rural areas continue to fade into oblivion.
>>
>>91885600
Its a Gay Man, so its okay.
>>
>>91885715

>Implying gays are "lesser men".

Wow the Hellcat writer is super problematic.
>>
>>91885657
Now I wish John Waters wrote a Marvel comic.
>>
>>91876541

She reads all her replies. If you bring up the married guy she cheated with she'll block you and go into lockdown mode.
>>
>>91885715
>a gay man saying "Men are the worst."
I don't understand.
>>
File: tumblcunt2.jpg (497KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
tumblcunt2.jpg
497KB, 1000x1537px
>>91885232
>>
>>91885841
Leth is a faghag. Don't expect logic and sense.
>>
>>91885459
I fully understand that newsstands and grocery stores are only gonna stock Spider-Man, Superman, Captain America, mainline X-Men, that kind of thing.

I don't care. I still want that. I want new generations of potential comic readers to have easy access to these titles.
>>
>>91885232

Why is a man saying "men are the worst"? Is that character suffering from some massive amount of self-loathing or something?
>>
File: 1tb.png (184KB, 377x351px) Image search: [Google]
1tb.png
184KB, 377x351px
>>91885850
Oh my god it gets worse
>>
>>91885850
>Good superheroes worthy of being role models always take the moral high ground, even saving villains from death, simply because it's the right thing to do
>Hellcat offers to stalk your boyfriend and assault him

The absolute state of the superhero, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
File: tumblcunt3.jpg (604KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
tumblcunt3.jpg
604KB, 1000x1537px
>>91885850
>Guy threw away tickets to a play (that he may have bought himself for all we know) after a fight
>We have no way of knowing whether the man or the woman was more in the wrong in the fight, except she's a womyn of color and he's a white guy in a fedora
>Hellcat wants to punch him
>WOC insists that's going too far but she can still scare him
>hang him from a statue where he is publicly humiliated and could fall to his death or be permanently disabled
>hellcat's pet faggot apparently stole from an armored truck, but him she pals around with, his crimes haven't risen to the level of a straight man disagreeing with his girlfriend
>>
>>91885874

I actually bought my first Thor comic books from a news stand in Vanuatu.
>>
>>91885894
I always waffle between thinking its intentionally ironic and thinking that Kate Leth is a bad writer with zero self-awareness.
>>
>>91885894
She thought it would prevent her from getting called a bigot. It's like if a white writer wrote a comic where a conservative black guy was ranting about hating niggers and the white hero agreed with him. Also feminists don't see gay males as real men, they regard them as pets and fashion advice dispensers.
>>
>>91867796
The people who supported them for decades wanted them to keep Politics out but like fools, they listened to tumblerinas and sjws online and the funniest thing, those idiots are the very same ones who doesn't read their comics. Their customers, the people who spend monies gets spat on and branded bigots when they complain. So they decide not to buy your garbage. Now, Hey, we're canceling. We did everything you guys said but why are you not buying our books. Oh, yeah, I bought the first issue to insure you did as I asked and then I saw no reason to support your book after that.
I'm happy the house of cards is finally collapsing.
>>
File: Momics052614.png (433KB, 700x1223px) Image search: [Google]
Momics052614.png
433KB, 700x1223px
>>91885232
>>91885894
>>91886002
It's what Kate Leth's mom would say to comfort and coddle Leth when she's a bawling failure at relationships.
>>
File: CAStripAnons.png (409KB, 640x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CAStripAnons.png
409KB, 640x1200px
>>91876541
>he was dumb enough to include a /co/ screenshot which got him instantly blocked.

She knows about /co/ feelings about her.
>>
>>91886177
Ironically it's actually worse than that.

Most longtime readers are OK with politics in their books, in severe moderation and at least some level of balance portrayal.

Also, if their super-hero SJW type shit was on the fringe and it was not at the expense of shitting all over the character.

The irony with Hellcat is that it was actually one of the BETTER SJW books; it did not actively rape the character like Mockingbird did and the art was better than fucking Squirrel Girl's tumblr artist shit.

Hellcat could have survived had the other shitty books had not poisoned the well and the writer just kept her head down and at least TRIED to be non-offensive to longtime readers (see Ms Marvel and Ghost Rider).

They really needed to diversify their shit and include stuff men would have liked. A Tom of Finland themed Americop book would have been great, since it would have pandered to gay men and people who wanted a vigilante book like the Punisher that didn't drown itself in meme crap like Deadpool. Or do Karma ongoing with the New Mutants as supporting cast members: Karma's Vietnamese, lesbian, AND a relative blank slate and while it would mean killing New Avengers/US Avengers so that Sunspot and Cannonball could be exclusive to Karma's book, a stealth New Mutants themed book centered around Karma would have been better received. Or for fuck's sake, give Mary Jane Watson a solo book! MJ Loves Spidey was a big critical darling, so why not give MJ a slice of life book following her post-split from Peter?
>>
File: I_am_silly!.png (42KB, 810x800px) Image search: [Google]
I_am_silly!.png
42KB, 810x800px
>>91886468
I can never take these seriously

it just makes me think of this
>>
>>91886576
1. No one gives a shit about Americop

2. They tried that already. It's what Astonishing X-Men ended up morphing into once they couldn't get an A-List writer to write the book and it was the lowest selling X-Book of the main books when they had Karma as the main character

3. Marvel hates MJ with a passion and would kill MJ off again in a heartbeat if they thought they could get away with it without blowback. You honestly think they'd let MJ have a solo book? Hell, the only reason MJ even appeared in Iron Man was Bendis having to pull strings since Marvel intentionally planned to banish MJ into limbo until further notice after Superior Spider-Man wrapped.
>>
>>91886093
>they regard them as pets and fashion advice dispensers.

This is Kate Leth's biggest issue. She isn't into LBGT people, she into sassy no nonense lesbian, lisping gay men, and perpetual victim non-binary folk.
>>
>>91886651
>Marvel hates MJ with a passion
Who the fuck cares what Marvel likes? The entire reason we're having this conversation is because Marvel doesn't know what *consumers* like. Renew Your Vows is kicking the ass of the books Marvel loves pushing and it's gotta be for a reason.
>>
>>91886093
>Also feminists don't see gay males as real men, they regard them as pets and fashion advice dispensers.

Also, seeing gay men as slaves and disposable foot soldiers for their hellish crusades.

They created "intersectional feminism" explicitly to make gay liberation subservient to feminism after all.
>>
File: 1492049591492.png (1MB, 1192x686px) Image search: [Google]
1492049591492.png
1MB, 1192x686px
>>91885232
>>91885850
>>91885990
Holy Fuck, why is Brittany Williams being wasted on this shit? Don't they see that Gwenpoole needs her more?
>>
>>91885335
anon, I hope you realized how blessed your life is to have known this man.
>>
>>91883705
The only thing more obnoxious than the way tumblrinas type, is the way they speak. Gets my blood boiling every time.
>>
>>91885990
How could one person's morals be skewed this badly.
>All I did was steal from one of those evil corporations, so it isn't like... bad stealing
>Of course not, but the evil corporation might fire those guards, and THAT's why what you did is wrong

What happened to teaching kids stealing is always wrong? Even when the person has more money than you?
>>
>>91888717
People like her have very childish mindsets so one can't expect them to teach actual children good morals.
>>
>>91884711
Eh... might not be so bad to start a new creative hub somewhere in the midwest where it's cheap to live. Though the demands of west coast hipsters might cause that to soar.
>>
File: CAStripSmalltalk.png (372KB, 630x620px) Image search: [Google]
CAStripSmalltalk.png
372KB, 630x620px
>>91888803
True.
>>
File: 1362367689650.png (191KB, 368x323px) Image search: [Google]
1362367689650.png
191KB, 368x323px
>>91888911
>How do you do fellow kids
>>
>>91888911
As much as I enjoy cartoons...This speaks of arrested development
>I don't know how to talk grownup stuff

Every time I read comics like this, or visit tumblr, it looks like a bunch of girls who have it so good, live in such great countries with so few problems that they became simplistic, entitled and arrested.
>>
File: Pure Bliss.png (42KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Pure Bliss.png
42KB, 300x300px
>>91888911
>>
>>91885289
Imagine if someone threw 2000 dollars of your cash down a subway grate, now also imagine you're a nufemale beta bitch.
>>
File: [confused HUUUH].gif (100KB, 805x540px) Image search: [Google]
[confused HUUUH].gif
100KB, 805x540px
>>91888911

>White women
>>
>>91888911
Emotionally stunted, the symptoms are all there
>>
>>91885643

There was one twitter faggot that had the nerve to say people didn't know where to buy comics or that marvel wasn't making them idiot friendly.
>>
>>91865822
So does she want the half a dozen or so people that actually like Hellcat to buy everything to keep it afloat?
>>
>>91868844
A+ with a gold star.
>>
>>91888911
Friendly reminder that she made money with these strips.
>>
>>91885715
So, a man that likes men is saying that men are the worst.

What
>>
>>91870976
There are people in wheelchairs or other physical disabilities who figure out how to earn an income from the comfort of their home with just a computer and internet. You should at least try a little
>>
>>91889143
And then Comics Alliance went out of business.
>>
>>91889088
nobody does though. Casual readers don't exist anymore, kids don't buy them, I'm not even sure if the new generation knows what they are.

There's only one place to get comics reliably and that comic shops, but even in urban areas, there's only like 2 or 4. Where I live there used to be a laod of em, but in 6 years time, all but one closed up. Now we have 3, but they're all miles and miles away. Wihtout pt you're not getting there under 2 hours.

So what's that say if you go to say, new jersey and want to buy comics? Your only options are digital media. The problem is there's no acessible place to buy em. They're not sold at newstands anymore, convieniece stores don't carry them, places like target and walmart dont, and book stores like B+N have a tiny section of them and manga if you're lucky. There's no where to get them but small stores in remote areas of the state you're in.

A lot of this is Diamonds fault, but there's also the issue of books being pretty expensive for little content. The industry as a whole could be doing much better, and isn't.
>>
>>91885850
If he was such a creep and a jerk and not all that handsome, why did she date him in the first place? What does that tell us about her or him? That he has some positive traits that she is not mentioning because she is bitter, or that he always was an asshole and she dated him because... reasons?

The worse they make him, the more unbelievable the situation becomes. Not to mention it makes the woman look like an idiot.

This is like writing 101, why the fuck don't these people understand that thinking this stuff through is important?
>>
>>91883551
People have been monetizing all kinds of things since the concept of money was introduced. Internet just makes the process faster and easier for everyone.

Are you going to tell everyone who spends some cash on some ugly funko pop or throws dollars at cosplayer strippers to buy self help books instead, like a tyrant?

You're not going to have a single dent in what those people are going to use their disposable income on, unless you're right there competing among all the others for their time and money.
>>
i think kate is quite cute.
>>
>>91889209
well if you want a shot at her pretend you're married and hate white men.
>>
>>91866056
>The "quality" of that piece of shit she calls a comic is the job killer, anon, don't pretend for a second it's anything else.
350+ replies pretending "omg le tumblrs le internet they do not purchase le comique~ hon hon hon" is the point of this topic and not how absolutely trash the Hellcat comic's premiere issues were.

You faggots wouldn't be having this discussion if this were a Erika Henderson tweet.
>>
>>91886468
>anonymous comments man
>i'm going to assume the gender of an anonymous person

oh gee, sexist much?
>>
just go full webcomic and set up a patreon.
>>
>>91889209
She's ugly as fuck man what the fuck
>>
>>91889216

Also having cancer couldn't hurt.
>>
File: Kate-Leth-signing-closeup.jpg (117KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Kate-Leth-signing-closeup.jpg
117KB, 1500x1000px
>>91889392

she is not.
>>
>>91869505
I hope you're 100% right because Marvel needs to rot and die already.
>>
>>91869505

You forgot

>Kill the thing that actually did make it stick and gloat about making people angry because that will totally translate into sales.
>>
>>91889392

she's not drop dead gorgeous but she is definitely not ugly.
>>
>>91883705
It's partly that, plus shes just trying to play it "safe" by putting up a wall of pleasantries. It's a very common social defense mechanic, particularly for women because they're worried about breaking down in public or offending anyone.

That said though, Leth is just a weak and complacent writer.
>>
>>91868994
>She has a day job and her patreon gets her $2,750 a month
>Works for Marvel and various prominent comic websites
>Has more exposure than most artists
>$2,746 a month
>Fucking InCase gets $5,157 on his first Patreon and $3,172 on his second Patreon
>For drawing girls with cocks
THE ABSOLUTE S T A T E OF YOU, KATE

>>91869107
Republican lawmakers hate both
>>
>>91889392
Anon did your boner sense get distracted again by your angry butthurt sense? Kate is some things but ugly has never been one of them.
>>
>>91886468
To be fair I see the last two panels here a whole fucking lot.
>>
>>91889474
Who the fuck is giving InCase over 8k to draw girlcocks? I mean, don't get me wrong, he's good at what he does. But is there a titanic drop in quality when you go from him to #2 and #3? Something else has to account for the demand.
>>
>>91886468
Won't lie, last panel got a laugh out of me. Still salty reactionary though.
>>
>>91890136
Or maybe it's just a lot of folks giving like ten bucks at a time? He's a good artist who hits a lot of things people really like. Also Alfie.
>>
>>91890136
You have to remember its several person who might just give him 5$, not one entity.

And if someone says "the pics i get in a month is worth my 5 bucks" than its like the sum up. Its like you buy things for bucks, but in the end ordered so many that you have to pay 100$.
>>
>>91884948
Using "the wrong side of history" is literally a dictatorship propaganda statement
>>
>>91885715
how can a man lover say men are the worst? shouldn't he be straight then?
>>
>>91885894
>>91886093
He wants rebound puss. Come on anons, think.
>>
>>91866763
To be fair, I'm a Batman fan and don't read batman. I got into it through cartoons, movies, and adam west batman. I only started reading the comics in college. And even that was just The Dark Knight Returns/Strikes Back, All-Star, Year One, and The Killing Joke.
>>
>>91890213
>>91890205
Well yeah, I was exaggerating. I never considered his fanbase was so massive, though. Whenever I see him actively interacting with fans it's always a small handful, and took that to mean he had just a few hundred people truly willing to give up a buck or five for that sweet sweet halfling bush.
>>
>>91889416
show her face now
>>
>>91890231
Oh fuck off already.
>>
>>91871987
What if I don't read comics of a character but enjoy every other medium and collect the merch?
>>
>>91886718
>They created "intersectional feminism" explicitly to make gay liberation subservient to feminism after all.
If it's from a black woman, it's more legitimate because white women will step over them and pretend to expound their issues for them. If it's from a white woman, she's fishing for easy sjw morality points, which is admittedly all they ever do. This is the same reason they shit on other people at all.
>>
>>91884948
>wrong side of history
isn't that the fuckee, not the fucker
>>
>>91879956
I think that line was meant to be a joke
>>
>>91885715
He's bisexual.
>>
>>91890474
He still has a ding dong though.

He's just fancy free about where he puts it.
>>
File: imrs.jpg (98KB, 480x738px) Image search: [Google]
imrs.jpg
98KB, 480x738px
>>91865957
It's because Marvel, and by extension Disney, are trying to influence readers with a progressive agenda, so they bring in young and hip writers that will write about progressive things and using comic book characters as a vehicle to make people more susceptible to the ideas of progressivism.

Marvel does it (they're the worst offender), DC does it, and Valiant sure as hell does it, and in its worse cases demonstrates a desire for the writers to push ideas, stories, and "feelings" more than they want to present genuine ideas and great story telling.
>>
>>91889474

Glad InCase is doing well.

I wonder when DC is going to hire him they already grabbed Sejic
>>
>>91871524
Ignore the broken people here telling you that the work hours you produce are all you are worth. Good luck with your life anon.
>>
>>91891104
kys parasite
>>
>>91889475
I mean if you're into that I guess
>>
>>91871008

>Not Arizona

you literally have all the perks of living in california but with none of the expense
>>
>>91889474
>For drawing girls with cocks

Don't kid yourself. InCase draws slightly effeminate guys with cocks, sometimes with tits. And they all have roughly the same face, with one of the three expressions he knows how to draw.

Even in that Alfie garbage he does all his halfling and goblins and shit just look like the one person he knows how to draw, just smooshed down shorter.

That being said, the art itself is really smooth and clean so I understand why he gets so much money on his Patreons.
>>
File: 1416607808645.jpg (39KB, 720x439px) Image search: [Google]
1416607808645.jpg
39KB, 720x439px
>>91873993

>social anxiety
>having a husband
>>
>>91891371
>Don't kid yourself. InCase draws slightly effeminate guys with cocks, sometimes with tits.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>91891477
How new are you? Clearly he should go to >>>/d/ or at the very least >>>/tg/ .
>>
>>91868994
Wow gee I wish I could get free money for doing nothing. I guess that's just #femaleprivilege though.
>>
>>91865822
>>91865902
Doesn't she understand the concept of fake fans and casuals? They pretend to like the thing but don't actually support it because they're just doing it for attention. The key to sales is good stories PLUS marketing, or writing one with a too big too fail character (Batman and Spider-Man).
>>
>>91867327
You're not a massive batman fan then.
>>
>>91891513
I said /pol/ because of the "hurr gender and biological sex are the same hurrrr" meme, but either of those would be acceptable.

>>91890136
> But is there a titanic drop in quality when you go from him to #2 and #3?
You have absolutely no idea.
>>
>>91869293
>The pink tax
Is this another feminism meme like the wage gap and the war on women?
>>
>>91885232
>My boyfriend threw our tickets to the play down this grate while we were fighting! I-I just called him a lying piece of shit w-who only wanted to g-go to impress that whore at his office!
>>
>>91891610
If she tried to understand it then she'd eventually realize that that's also exactly what she is.
>>
Raise your hands, who here lives in a country with a language that doesn't have a word for gender and all you have is a word for sex?
>>
>>91891760
Yup. Some people noticed that mens products and women products cost different prices, and then decided that it must be oppression.

Naturally it flies in the face of the fact that they're different prices for different products and there's literally nothing preventing women from using whichever is cheaper if price actually mattered to them.
>>
>>91891857
>Some people noticed that mens products and women products cost different prices, and then decided that it must be oppression.
I like how they fail to compensate for supply and demand and that different products might require different raw materials which could cost more. Feminists always love to misrepresent things for their agenda.
>>
>>91891433
A guy with social anxiety getting a wife is next to impossible, but when it comes to being a girl, all she has to do is wait for an offer from a suitable mate.
>>
>>91871661
It's the same mentality as PC Mustards from /v/: they want everything and they want it for free. It's why so many people on /v/ want PC ports of all games (easy pirating) and why the tumblr audience gravitates towards webcomics (free consumption).
>>
File: uwotm8.png (32KB, 277x263px) Image search: [Google]
uwotm8.png
32KB, 277x263px
>>91885850
>>91885232
>>91884948
>>91885990

I wouldn't touch that comic even if it was given for free. What the fuck is wrong with this writing (and drawing for that matter)?
>>
>>91891433
>>91892024
"Social anxiety" for women is just being shy, just like "autism" is being quirky and "bipolar" is just being spoiled.
>>
>>91889184
Even if people knew where to get them and LCSs were more common, this
>books being pretty expensive for little content
is dead on.

Comics used to be disposable entertainment, but these days they're prohibitively expensive. What kid would be willing to spend $5 to $10+ PER ISSUE when they can get their content fix from secondary/tertiary sources instead? Most adults wouldn't be willing to spend that much.
>>
>>91892106
They're rare but I've known women with social anxiety, like one who will refuse to go to a restaurant or a store unless she knows exactly what's on the menu and what she wants and has to write out a script when she was speaks on the phone and rehearses it multiple time before calling.
>>
>>91867327
>I got banned for for posting one specific screenshot of her twitter
Why? Banned from where?
>>
>>91892148
If you factor in inflation, comics really don't cost too much more than they did 10-20 years ago. That's just the shrinking value of a dollar. Decompression is terrible though, yeah, and you get much less story per issue than you used to.
>>
>>91865822
Guys I'm confused can you help me
I get the Kate Leth part but how do you pronounce the bat, stars and gay flag
>>
>>91870976
I hope your fiancée leaves you and your parents disown you. You disgust me.
>>
>>91890248
Hetrosexual women have a strong tendency to think that homosexual men are just heterosexual women with penises.
>>
>>91892171

No anon, don't you see, mental health issues are a myth perpetuated by SJWs to maintained the women world order. I know this because /pol/ told me.
>>
>>91873533
>ever wanting to see squirrelfag's unfunny shit pasta
No, shame on (You)
>>
>>91885779
John Waters is too based for that
>>
>>91890562
Or because George Soros was heavily invested in Disney to promote his own agenda. Now they'll do it for free as Soros pulled out and invested heavily into Netflix last year. Have you noticed a change in the shows offered by Netflix more recently?

Regardless, no one ever wants to be in the center any more and it's a fucking shame. Fuck this Left wing/Right wing bullshit.
>>
>>91893083

t. Orban
>>
>>91865822
>Didn't go to c2e2 this year
>missed my chance to run over Kate Leth with my car
Sorry guys
>>
>>91885850
So is this whole comic men hate or what
>>
File: Smug.jpg (2KB, 127x117px) Image search: [Google]
Smug.jpg
2KB, 127x117px
>>91885232

>Are you hurt?
>N-not physically

Gets me every time.
>>
>>91892659
>I know this because /pol/ told me.
Source?
>>
>>91888911
That art is horrendous. Looking at the shading on that dress. Look at her fucking mouth in panel 4.

Whats even the joke?

This is one of those comics where its more about the artist showing off how quirky they are and what thier taste in tv shows are than actually entertaining the reader.
>>
>>91892285
They're just there for decoration you're not supposed to pronounce them you autist.
>>
>>91888911
Lmao shes trying to show how relatable she is to kids but shes actually gonna make them cringe by talking to them like this
>>
>>91866548
>This is what happened to Mockingbird. No matter how well it does in the trade market it’s not gonna bring back the ongoing.

I asked an LCS manager if piracy and storytiming were killing his business and he said matter-of-factly that trades are killing his business, because millennials buy those at B&N and not LCSes.

It's an incredibly cannibalistic industry. If publishers cared about direct market they'd embargo trade sales elsewhere for a month, but they're throwing direct under the same bus they threw newsstand 30 years prior.
>>
>>91891857
It also ignores basic gender needs. Womens razors cost more cause they're more suited to sensitive skin. Mens are cheap cause its purely about getting rid off hair asap.
>>
>>91866621
>they swapped out the old team to include a kenyan woman, a russian, a german, an apache, an irish, a jap, and a canadian
Funny, when war movies and war comics did this no one gave a single fuck and generally expected it. And no one was retarded enough to call it pandering. Also, shit talking Len Wein and Dave Cockrum is about as turbopleb as they get.
>>
>>91893083
Because if you want your views to matter, centrism is a stupid way to go about it if you put any thought into it.

Think of it like this. You see a bulk rating aggregate on a site for some media or other out of 10, and it's rated 7. You think it should be 6 and for some reason you're invested in having the review site rate the media as you think it should be rated. Do you rate it a 6? No, you hit that 1 button like you mean it.

It's the same here. You're 1 voice in 100's of millions. You don't pull the rope gently to get it to where you wanna go. You pull the rope with all your might to drag against all the people pulling the other way.
>>
>>91866548
The traceback didnt even do well. It got to no1 best seller of the day cause all the fans wanted to make a statement and bought it asap. Notice how after that first day it dropped lack a sack of rocks?
>>
>>91891104
>Ignore the broken people here telling you that the work hours you produce are all you are worth.

M80, the person admits just leaving the house turns them into a distraught mess. Even housewives from the 1950s are better adjusted than that.
>>
File: 1473296412221.png (10KB, 507x401px) Image search: [Google]
1473296412221.png
10KB, 507x401px
>>91891684
>"hurr gender and biological sex are the same hurrrr" meme
>>
>>91894281
She is always centered around herself.
Have you visited her twitter?
You can go there anytime and you will see how her twitter pose around her, her pity and her gayness.

Some artists can pull something off with using themself as influence, but she cant. At the moment she twitters about Hellcat last issues to fish for compliments and pity.
>>
>>91866621
Funny, though, what was "progressive" then is violently offensive to SJWs now.
>>
>>91894352
Or at amazon. That company is kinda raping everything with bookstores or toys
>>
>>91871581
A retailer probably has a good idea of who does and doesn't buy comics and his thoughts are echoed pretty much throughout the industry. The guy who runs my LCS had a big guest article on Bleeding Cool a month or two back in the wake of the "diveristy" comments from Marvel that broke down what does and does not sell (hint: DC sells, Marvel doesn't, stuff like TWD and Saga appeal largely to the normies).
>>
>>91891433
You know talking on the internet is a thing right? You get comfortable with a person there so you can meet in person.
>>
>>91886576
>so why not give MJ a slice of life book following her post-split from Peter
Because it's almost assured the twist ending of the next event book is undoing OMD.

Also, this is going to hurt to hear, but like Gwen, MJ is a horrendously bland character who's entirely defined by her relationship to someone else. Nerds love her because she's a fucking bombshell who hopped on the loser's cock for no particular reason and only later stated her undying support of him. That's a fantasy we all love because it didn't require much from Peter: she even TELLS him he got lucky to have her the day they met. On her own she can't really carry a book unless someone rebuilds her character from the ground up which will infuriate readers.

Spider-Man's a god damned tar baby for writers. Do anything that changes Peter and fans will object. Half will demand that he grow up and pass the mantle while corporate shits bricks at the idea of sacrificing an icon. Just look at how half-assed Clone Saga was for proof. In a sense OMD was an honest attempt to do something different, it's just that it was handled in the cheapest, most inorganic and forced manner possible. But it's telling that when the newspaper strip attempted to canonize OMD the readers said "fuck your couch nigga" and they literally retconned it as a bad dream.

DC has it easier because they have a recognized mechanism for resetting the clock that coincides reasonably well with new generations coming to read comic books. Marvel's sliding timeline is pants on head retarded and bites them in the ass which is why they're following DC.
>>
She thinks the new bill nye show is good so I already know to avoid her, pop science is already pretty low tier but that shit is bottom barrel trash made for smug white people
>>
>>91894944
She's in the target demo for it, dumb adult children who need spoonfeeding.
>>
>>91886651
>>91886576
>A Tom of Finland themed Americop book would have been great, since it would have pandered to gay men and people who wanted a vigilante book like the Punisher that didn't drown itself in meme crap like Deadpool.
>>1. No one gives a shit about Americop

Missing the point. The idea is Marvel doing something of an equivalent of Midnigher.
>>
>>91871199
>I wonder is someone can appeal this.
The history of antitrust in the US is 99% dropping the case, settling out of court or outright losses in court. Standard Oil and AT&T are like the only two real victories they got in the 20th century, roughly seventy years apart and it's arguable that AT&T wasn't really a win considering how much larger AT&T is now than then.

What the Feds needed to do wasn't fight for antitrust but investigate Diamond's connections to organized crime. Spoilers: the magazine distribution industry in the US is almost entirely run by the Mafia for money laundering purposes and there's no fucking way they'd permit an independent magazine distribution company to exist outside of them. That would have broken Diamond but it would have taken years of investigation to do so.
>>
>>91871524
>hopefully children asap after (he wants them more than me)
Parent of a 16 year old here. Start saving for the divorce when you can't handle actual shit coming your way and/or you get attracted to someone online you think you love more.

It's more likely you'll fuck up than change for the better.
>>
>>91890136
>But is there a titanic drop in quality when you go from him to #2 and #3?

Yes. There's him, JJfrenchie, Dimitries, and then it's a big fast drop until you hit the trailer park of Shadbase.
>>
File: muh vagina.jpg (46KB, 486x432px) Image search: [Google]
muh vagina.jpg
46KB, 486x432px
>>91894944
>that whole shitshow
>>
>>91872711
Women are going to be the majority soon dude, they are going to have to be the breadwinners.
>>
>>91884711
Do you know where Alan Moore lives, darling?
>>
>>91895184
This does not sound like something that can be predicted.
>>
File: file.png (164KB, 720x439px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
164KB, 720x439px
>>91894817

>internet relationship
>easing legitimate social anxiety
>>
File: Screenshot_20170427-133324.png (682KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170427-133324.png
682KB, 1080x1920px
>>91868844
I would tweet, but.
>>
>>91880203
Seconding this.
>>
>>91885990
I get the impression that Kate read a handful of Golden Age comics where heroes were given to street justice for crooks but didn't take note that the crooks were violent felons, like wifebeaters and robbers.

The more alarming part is the complete disconnect between mock-hanging a guy for upsetting his girlfriend while virtue shielding a bank robber ON THE SAME PAGE because he says he's a nice guy (while openly showing he has no interest in using his abilities for good and putting himself in harm's way doing so) and of course him being the "good kind" of queer boyfriend.

It's possible that Leth looked at Peter Parker and Felicia Hardy and said IT'S OK IF THE THIEF IS CUTE but I don't remember Black Cat trying to excuse her actions with insurance bonds on stolen property and Spider-Man reminding her that museums would stop getting precious gem collections instead of hammering home THIS IS A CRIME
>>
>>91867787

she wasn't reading Batman because of Daniels on Detective Comics and Harley Quinn's stupid costume.

neither of which had any bearings on the main Batman book
>>
>>91889474
>>Fucking InCase gets $5,157 on his first Patreon and $3,172 on his second Patreon
>>For drawing girls with cocks
He's also a consistently better writer who doesn't abide social media bullshit (I follow his twitter, trust me), doesn't think his shit smells like roses (e.g. redrawing Alfie) and sells product instead of begging for publishers to validate his work.

You're comparing one of the higher quality Western pornographers to one of the laziest millennial "relatable" bullshit webcomic creators. She got lucky with Marvel but that won't mean DC or Image picks her up any time soon.
>>
>>91895653

plus like Alfie is generally good, even without the porn?
and Kate has managed to write one semi-decent comic in her life.
>>
>>91895653
>that won't mean DC or Image picks her up any time soon.
Never, I hope.

I hope DC picks this dickgirl guys instead. It wouldn't be the first time.
>>
File: 1395140964348.gif (1MB, 212x176px) Image search: [Google]
1395140964348.gif
1MB, 212x176px
>>91895335
>phoneposting
>a gorillion notifications
>two battery indicators
Absolutely fucking disgusting.
>>
>>91895711

Kate Leth actually pitched a Batman '89 book to DC after Batman 66 got popular.

They shot her down. I think it was partially because of how much shit she talked about DC online.
>>
>>91895723

you have to have the 2 battery indicators.
the image of the battery is always there, and the percentage is optional.
>>
>>91895745
>the poncho Batgirl design

Glad it didn't happen.
>>
>>91894498
>That company is kinda raping everything with bookstores or toys

Including Barnes & Noble which did it first.

If there is any constant in retail, it's that the thing you figured out to compete with older entrenched businesses will eventually be amplified and used against you by a newer, hungrier company which 9 out 10 times will work even if they provide a shittier experience. And amazingly retailers never EVER seem to anticipate this happening to them until it's far too late and it's time to close stores to remain solvent.

I give grocery store chains in the US at best another 10 years before they're all Safeway/Albertson's or Wal-Mart grocers. Most are barely surviving right now as it is.
>>
>>91895711
>I hope DC picks this dickgirl guys instead.
I don't care in the least for futa but the prospect of him no longer having time to do what he does expertly upsets me. Also, his style is enjoyable but REALLY unsuited to cape books.
>>
>>91895626
She elaborated and said she liked Court of Owls but Death of the Family turned her right off.
>>
>>91886177
>I'm happy the house of cards is finally collapsing

Me too. I'm hoping it's a microcosm of things to come for this SJW pandering as a whole in entertainment media.
>>
>>91895951
>but Death of the Family turned her right off
I don't remember it getting much love here either, for what it's worth
>>
File: BatgirlColumn.png (553KB, 1000x932px) Image search: [Google]
BatgirlColumn.png
553KB, 1000x932px
>>91895969
There was a time when /co/ and Kate liked and hated the same things, but then her brain virus got worse.
>>
>>91895745
Much more likely it was licensing shit. They wanted to do the Billy Dee Williams Two-Face, Michael Keaton Batman - there would have been fees for all that.
>>
>>91868994
That will cover the rent, and then some, of a house in Burbank.
>>
>>91895997
>people actually pay for this
>>
>>91890083
Yeah because this is 4chan, you fucking mongoloid.
Common courtesy has never been a prerequisite for finding a place here and most people who have any business using this site find that out really quickly and adapt.
Complaining about that here is like going to Australia and being offended when someone calls you a cunt.
>>
File: SJWella.jpg (127KB, 600x910px) Image search: [Google]
SJWella.jpg
127KB, 600x910px
>>91895745

> I think it was partially because of how much shit she talked about DC online.

That, and because of what failures both her Hellcat- and Vampirella runs were.

The primary problem with Kate Leth is surprisingly not her being a stellar example of an SJW. But the fact she writes boring tripe most of the time. Someone crazy enough used to storytime Hellcat comics in cripplechan back when they were still coming out and the only thing that grew more certain when reading them was the fact: NOTHING HAPPENS IN KATE LETH COMICS.

They're the most boring superhero stories I've ever read, because they're not actually superhero stories. Hellcat barely fights a supervillainess in one issue and the fight is done and off in a matter of page or two. Everything else is just Hellcat talking to her gay friend, then inviting other superheroes to smoothies, or going shopping.

One anon told me Kate Leths major inspirations is Ranma, not sure if its true or not. But even Ranma with its romance plots that never go fucking anywhere has some event going on, and characters doing SOMETHING, instead of just being talking heads in lifeless backgrounds. Plot never progresses but at least the characters don't just sit on their asses all day flapping their gums. Something Kate never caught on in comic storytelling, probably because she's a fanfiction.net-tier writer while Rumiko Takahashi went through a prestigious manga school to learn her craft.
>>
>>91873070
>Even ordering one extra copy of everything in the store for the shelf adds up, and all that unsold stuff is dead stock that gets discounted (sold at a loss).

Don't forget all that unsold crap is taxed because it is not a loss according to the IRS but is now inventory and taxable. So sometimes it is better to throw out the unsold stock than keep it in a dollar bin
>>
>>91886177
I have no problem with them having liberal politics in their books, that's literally the premise of the X-men. I have a problem with the tweeny-pop "talk to the hand, hater!" version of politics they put in these books. If you can make something legitimately challenging, interesting, satirical, or astute with your political superbook, go for it. But I'm not going to parent that "#woke" and "sorry to interrupt this moment of acceptance" and "tiny brown fist" are not cringeworthy shit just because you're making an effort to expand your audience.
>>
>>91895774
No. No you don't. You can literally remove the entire fucking thing if you know what you're doing.
And just removing or replacing indicators is a piece of cake for even normies.
>>
>>91886576

>Hellcat could have survived had the other shitty books had not poisoned the well

We were not reading the same books then. Kate Leth's Hellcat run was incredibly boring. Nothing whatsoever happened in them and the art was terribly rushed, rumors go because Kate Leth has the bad habit of being lazy and releasing the script the very last minute.
>>
>>91865822
Is there anyone on twitter with that avatar style that isn't a complete tool?
>>
>>91896091
Before direct market, comic book publishers had a monthly sales report that represented actual customer buying habits. Unsold copies were returned for refunds which could be inventoried to confirm this.

Direct fucked this up because it only reflects what amounts to speculation on the part of a much smaller sample of people AND cannot account for unsold copies i.e. no longer really counts customer sales.

It's unsurprising that advertising in comic books declined; advertisers can't rely on actual sales rates to negotiate placement rates. So now the books aren't even reliably subsidized by anything other than corporate overlord welfare and movie licensing fees, neither of which are tied to a book's success or failure.

There is no god damned financial disincentive to publish shitty comic books any more except some big-picture numbers the publishers are doing their best to cook. Their owners treat them like IP factories for movies rather than self-sufficient publishers.
>>
>>91896127
One of the best parts of the Green Arrow/Green Lantern series was watching Hal and Ollie butt heads over their politics because the writer knew better than to paint either as "wrong side of history" and play favorites. It's not fucking rocket science.
>>
File: 1475229874449.png (266KB, 454x544px) Image search: [Google]
1475229874449.png
266KB, 454x544px
>>91896086
>SJWella

that design is cool fuck you
>>
>>91896280

For some other character, sure. But not for Vampirella who is supposed to be cheesy as fuck-lewd.
>>
>>91896280
Its basically Claire Redfield and regardless its wasted on Vampirella.
>>
>>91895774
>>91896145
This is at the discretion of the carrier like many customization options. I can disable the percentage but not the battery icon.

And before anyone suggests rooting, good luck if you have a locked bootloader.
>>
>>91896352
>discretion of the carrier
Maybe if you use an iphone.
>>
>>91896194
>and the art was terribly rushed
We've seen Nat do better work on sketches here in AT threads. It is almost certainly that she had no time to do it and the chronic panels without backgrounds supports this idea.

That being said as much as I love Nat she had no business doing this book even in the best of circumstances, and she probably won't get another chance at a more appropriate book.
>>
>>91896371
Spend some quality time on Android forums. Carriers are not obligated to provide stock releases and frequently disable or block features they don't think the user needs, and the only way around it is to root and then install a custom ROM assuming your model has one.

For example, Verizon disables the tethering features on phones that don't have unlimited data plans. There is no magic sideload app to reenable it that doesn't involve having root which again, isn't a guaranteed because carriers will and do use uncrackable locked bootloaders.

I've spent hours researching this across multiple forums, trust me here.
>>
>>91896086
>she writes boring tripe most of the time
I can't fathom how comic book editors look at webcomics without ongoing plot lines or badly handled ones and say YES WE SHOULD PUT HER ON A BOOK WITH A CONTINUING STORYLINE

This is an industry that stopped taking unsolicited manuscripts BECAUSE they insisted they wanted seasoned writers instead.
>>
>>91865822

Was the book...like bad or something?

Because doesn't going to cons cost a lot of money?

Why not buy another book you enjoy?
>>
>>91896552
You're going in with the assumption that Marvel editors do their jobs.
>>
File: ugl86fo.jpg (19KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
ugl86fo.jpg
19KB, 460x345px
>>91896473
Sorry. I didn't realize you were an employee of Landoftefree Inc™. My mistake.
>mfw you actually let your provider not only jew you with a subscription monopoly but actually fuck up the separately purchased hardware you supposedly "own"
Wew
>>
>>91896406
She's well connected. She'll probably get another shot, possibly as a backup or fill in.
>>
>>91896250
You don't need to tell me I owned a small chain(3) of LCS up until the crash.
I lived threw the industry doing everything it could do to destroy itself and alienate it's customer base once before and I am watching it again this time though the industry is already hanging by a thread where in the first crash it was having record high sales then they footbulleted
>>
>>91885850
Really now? We're resorting to 'well you don't have to rough him up but could you maybe go harass the shit out of my own personal problem over minor personal shit'? Do people really think witchhunting is a lesson that needs to be shared?
>>
>>91885850
notice how the good looking guy is the hero and the ugly guy is the moron and antagonist
>>
>>91896577

going to cons really isn't that expensive.
especially if they're smaller.

like the only one I go to is Wizard World when it comes near me, and tickets are maybe $40-50? depends on the day you go, but most guests are there all the days (except celebrities).

theres a couple smaller cons that are nearish to me, and tickets are like $20.
>>
>>91885990
thank good kate leth is losing her job
>>
>>91888911
Someone should make a follow-up where the kid responds by calling her a loser.

>Are you reading Squirrel Girl?
No.
>Have you seen the new Gravity Falls?
No.
>What do you think's gonna happen with Pearl and Garnet?
You couldn't pay me to give a fuck.
>>
>>91896406
>>91896636

I don't think Nat really needs "connections" to get work. she can probably just do her own shit and Boom! would eat it up considering how much AT and such they do.
>>
>>91886412
>men are scum, sweetheart

and know we know why she´s a feminist
>>
>>91896740
>Do people really think witchhunting is a lesson that needs to be shared?

Students on campuses seem to think so.
>>
>>91896751
Its been pointed out countless times. Also the tribly/fedora.
>>
>>91865822
Industry leaders need to understand that SJWs don't want comic to be progressive so they can read them. They want them progressive in hopes that they will influence those who are already reading them. They don't even entertain the possibility that comic geeks will just stop reading a comic if it turns shitty.
>>
>>91896887

And then blames them for the book failing, not themselves. You can't guilt trip anybody to purchase something. Unless you're working for actual charities.
>>
>>91886412
Nothing quite like a parent enabling their child to be a loose, drug addled skank and happily giving them excuses to blame said shortcomings on others.

I love how she isn't really even all that grateful and has to pretense it with a speech about how her and her mom don't really get along.
>>
>>91896887
>They don't even entertain the possibility that comic geeks will just stop reading a comic if it turns shitty.

the last 5 years of X-Men, GotG, Justice League, Avengers prove that wrong.
>>
>>91896963

This. Marvel had its share of whales who were willing to buy anything. What is unique is even those whales couldn't stomach the SJW shit and being constantly told that they're evil for being born wrong.
>>
>>91896963
They're shitty, but the writers and artists also don't pull the "if you don't like this book you're a bigot" spiel. Probably. I don't quite know since I don't follow them.
>>
>>91896831
She would have been far better off doing B&P for Boom instead of selling her soul to Satan aka Frederator
>>
>>91896887
It's as if this all happened before in a different medium only a few years ago and it blew up in their faces so instead of learning they doubled down on comic books
>>
>>91896999
>the writers and artists also don't pull the "if you don't like this book you're a bigot" spiel
they have Marketing to do that for them
>>
>>91896989
>Marvel Whale
I was one of those people. Gillen's Darth Vader was the last Marvel book on my pull list, and it will stay that way for the foreseeable future. They gave so many perfect "jumping off" points.
>>
>>91886576
>A Tom of Finland themed Americop book would have been great,

I never knew I wanted this until now.
>>
>>91896275
On the inverse, the Friends of Humanity were intimidating because they were right-wing extremists who felt grounded and real. The story was able to make a fairly nuanced statement about media manipulation and the social acceptability of religious bigotry because they took the time to illustrate the motivations and intentions of their antagonists. They didn't have their heroes take a dismissive and flippant attitude towards the bad guys' point of view, they directly confronted it.
>>
https://mobile.twitter.com/LawrenceBaneson/status/857684282357280768
>>
File: IMG_3550.jpg (55KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3550.jpg
55KB, 640x474px
>>91897936
>>
>>91894901

What's DC's recognized mechanism? Just flat-out rebooting?
>>
>>91897936
BANESON?
>>
File: nick spicer.png (54KB, 614x312px) Image search: [Google]
nick spicer.png
54KB, 614x312px
>>91898348
Yes, and it lets them fix shit in the process.
Or shit things up further. Sometimes both.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kateleth/status/857622789255184384
this is great
>>
>>91897936
Decided to go through and read the replies
>Gillen actually thinks history will remember Leth's Hellcat as anything other than a footnote
Remember when this guy used to be good and sane?
>>
>>91898506
Is this the part where we try to get Hellcat viewed as a hate symbol?
>>
>>91898556
>Co-founder of Rock Paper Shotgun
>Remember when this guy used to be good and sane?
No.
>>
>>91898704
JiM and Rightclops were great.
>>
>>91886468
Bless you, you saint!
I hope you get rewarded in the afterlife!
Thread posts: 520
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.