[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 607
Thread images: 110

File: tk421.png (39KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
tk421.png
39KB, 150x150px
Why aren't you at your post? Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Poe Dameron #13 (April 19)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
https://youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
https://youtu.be/-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
https://youtu.be/Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
What is she, /swco/?
>>
File: thrawn_by_wraithdt-db5ecu5.jpg (189KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
thrawn_by_wraithdt-db5ecu5.jpg
189KB, 752x1063px
Awesome stuff that will never happen:

>Thrawn is back in Chiss space when Return of the Jedi happens. I'm assuming this happens in Rebels.
>The Chiss are split between being loyal to Thrawn because Eli isnt seen as one of their own or supporting Eli because they feel Thrawn abandoned them when he left to join the Empire.
>Meanwhile after a failed coup Sloane has Yupe Tashu executed for treason. A sentinel droid is activated in fears that Sloane will abandon the spiritual goals the Empire had according to Palpatine and it takes control of the Acolytes of the Beyond. The Acolytes believe the droid to be Palpatine's very being due to the holocron AI in it's programming and begin staging another coup with the purpose of instilling this droid as the new Supreme Leader.

>Meanwhile Thrawn uses this chaos in the First Order to attack them and get them away from his territory. He sends a ship towards the known galaxy to alert the New Republic but in a desperate attempt Sloane destroys it. While she's distracted with stopping Thrawn the Acolytes assassinate her but to their surprise the droid deactivates once it's mission is complete. In their despair to find a leader they all hear the voice of an ancient being telling them to abandon the Sith ways and come bask in the presence of the pure dark side. The presence promises them that they will have their revenge on the Jedi and New Republic but first they must seek him out to regain their strength to prepare for their revenge. They all sense the power of this being and set the First Order on a pathway away from Chiss space and towards this being. Thrawn decides not to tell the New Republic because he doesn't want them going on a warpath through Chiss space when the First Order isn't even a threat to him anymore.
>>
File: Inquisitors.png (1MB, 960x804px) Image search: [Google]
Inquisitors.png
1MB, 960x804px
Who is the best looking Inky (both actor and character) /swco/?
>>
File: IMG_1923.jpg (41KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1923.jpg
41KB, 400x600px
There once was a man from Chile
Who had one or two things to say
He wiped the EU
Replaced it with the nu
And made Dash Rendar go away
>>
File: images.png (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
8KB, 225x225px
>>91696785
This dumb faggot hates Kreia because Lucasfilm was to dumb too invent her themselves.
>>
File: pruney.png (131KB, 164x360px) Image search: [Google]
pruney.png
131KB, 164x360px
>>
File: qmj8mhbmlilkm4mntmhg.png (2MB, 800x1214px) Image search: [Google]
qmj8mhbmlilkm4mntmhg.png
2MB, 800x1214px
>>
File: canon.jpg (299KB, 622x666px) Image search: [Google]
canon.jpg
299KB, 622x666px
is this canon?
>>
>>91696776
Grinky
>>
>>91696747
Someone write a fanfiction.
>>
File: 1491207423643.png (235KB, 400x352px) Image search: [Google]
1491207423643.png
235KB, 400x352px
>>91696990
>>
>>91696818
I thought he liked Kreia....
feels bad man
>>
File: kek.png (265KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
265KB, 624x352px
>>91696990
>>
>>91696776
/ss/
>>
>>91696713
Damn last season of Rebels?
I fear for most of the cast now.

Celebration was ok, but Thursday's lines were messed up. Glad it was fixed for the remainder.
>>
File: unstopablo.png (619KB, 1100x796px) Image search: [Google]
unstopablo.png
619KB, 1100x796px
Is this canon?
>>
>>91697288
Until it's retconned in a comic, book, movie, show, or game, yes it is.
>>
>>91697288
Quick, someone shop a lightsaber in his hand
>>
Is Star Wars Kinect canon?
>>
>>91697335
Yes, in the original cut of ESB Han challenged Vader to a sick dance off and won his, Leia and Chewie's freedom
Lucas had it cut out and refilmed the entire Bespin sequence after the brief dance movie craze of the 80's flared out
>>
>>91697385
>dance off, Vader, me and you!
>>
>>91697385
You have to be pulling my leg.
>>
>>91697492
I would never anon
Why do you think the shots of the Bespin refinery were so dark? They had to turn off all the disco lights and make the lights on the dancefloor orange to disguise the original purpose of the set when they reused it for the reshoot
>>91697466
This guy gets it, Gunn was actually doing a homage to this little known piece of Star Wars history
>>
File: 1491231335069.png (121KB, 500x548px) Image search: [Google]
1491231335069.png
121KB, 500x548px
>its a "normie thinks Kylo is a shit villain because he's ugly and didn't die in a single episode like the prequel jobbers" episode
>>
>>91697614
I know your taking the piss but I still people bitching about Kylo even now, a full year and more on
I get being butthurt about the movie essentially playing a trick on you and reminding you that, underneath the masks and the suit, Vader was always Anakin, but come on. Its been a year, let it go
>>
File: 1467490656182.jpg (5KB, 251x241px) Image search: [Google]
1467490656182.jpg
5KB, 251x241px
>>91697614
>normies acknowledging the prequels
>Kylo = villian
>prequels killed off their villains in one episode
>people wanted kylo ren to die in the first episode
>people think he's shit because he's ugly
>>
>>91697731
Normies really do think he's ugly. My gf burst out laughing when Kylo took off his mask
>>
>>91697761
I laughed too, but to be fair, he looked really bad as a villain, especially without facial hair. They should've swapped Rey with Ren.
>>
>>91696747
There's no reason to say none of that will happen just because some of it can't.
>>
>>91697667
I'm not taking the piss, I'm being 100% genuine

I'm glad as fuck we get a villain who gets stronger, has a funny personality and has cool force powers. normies btfo
>>
What is your Star Wars wishlist?

> 8 - Does not have a notable twist, no matter what it will fall flat compared to Empire's twist in the public's eye, don't even fucking try.
> 8 - Leia & Ben have a full confrontation & hashing out of things.
> 8 - We get flashbacks showing the new republic in it's glory, showing what our heroes accomplished after ROTJ, and getting across the horror of what has been lost thanks to the New Order.
> 8 - We get a good amount of Snoke training Ben.
> 8 - Kill off the pathetic bastard redhead stepchild Imperial & have someone more commanding take his place.
> 9 - Does NOT have a Death Star type thing.
> 8/9 - Ben does not get redemption, he aided in multi planet genocide & murdered his father, it's done.
> 8/9 - Luke gets a badass moment comparable to Vader's R1 moment.
> 8/9 - Luke & Rey tag team Ben.
> 8/9 - Rey gets a double bladed lightsaber.
> 8/9 - Rey is sexualized at some point. Doesn't have to be nearly a comparable amount of time Leia was in the slave outfit or anything like that but SOMETHING.
> 8/9 - They do not make Poe/Finn gay for each other.
> New canon - Boba Fett is revealed to have survived the Sarlacc.
> Boba Fett film - Is not when he was young, is after ROTJ and him and old Solo have a final confrontation like in the Tales of the Bounty Hunters novel set a few years before TFA.
> Boba Fett film - If they go with the rumored idea of having a new person take on the persona of Fett, I want Fett to have survived, retired and trains this new person.
> Count Dooku novel by James Luceno.
> Count Dooku comic preferably with Marco Checchetto on art.
>>
>>91696818
everyone hates kreia, chris avellone is an edgy fucking retard who admits to hating star wars and the idea of objective morality in fiction
>>
>>91697815
I meant the "its an X episode" thing, but yeah its nice to be getting a villain who's more than just opposed to the heroes. Plus Kylo clearly picked up his parents sense of humour, there's a lot of Leia's biting sarcasm mixed with Han's quippiness
>>
>>91697819
>> 8/9 - Rey is sexualized at some point. Doesn't have to be nearly a comparable amount of time Leia was in the slave outfit or anything like that but SOMETHING.

lolololol faggot
>>
>>91697825
Kind of hard to hate that last one, nothing kills creativity dead faster than "this villain is absolutely evil in every way" or "this hero is objectively good, no matter how you look at it"
I'm not saying that non-objective morality can't be handled badly (god knows I've seen enough literal Empire apologists to know that) but its a lot more interesting story wise for there to be at least some shades of grey
I mean, we ARE talking about a franchise where the core story rotates around the idea of their being "certain points of view" after all
>>
Kylo has no credibility as a villain, he lost in his debut movie.

And don't give me that he's getting trained by Snoke shit, cause Rey is getting trained by Luke fucking Skywalker.
>>
>>91697894
> villain getting stronger and having an axe to grind
>"""""""""bad"""""""""

he duels rey on ach to and she loses. deal with it autismo
>>
>>91697885
but star wars is literally about objective morality
that's the point
>>
File: dead man walking.png (308KB, 411x483px) Image search: [Google]
dead man walking.png
308KB, 411x483px
>>91697614
Normies love Kylo. The hatred comes mostly from the people already invested in the series.
>>
>>91697894
>villain gets a third of their health bar knocked off by an NPC before the final fight
>schools one half of the protagonist team so badly he's still in a bacta tank in the next movie getting his spine rebuilt
>gets his face cut up by the other after she gets a second wind by pulling on the Dark Side
Its a minor loss at best
>>
>>91697825
>>91697885
wasn't kreia the one who was like "there is no good or evil" and then went around saying "btw the jedi are evil for being goody two shoes"
I mean we can enjoy all shades of morality from pure white, to deep black, but she's pretty much the worst possible example in the franchise, a literal deviantart character.
>>
>>91697819
>Rey is sexualized at some point. Doesn't have to be nearly a comparable amount of time Leia was in the slave outfit or anything like that but SOMETHING.

No, her actress is so damn ugly
>>
>>91697926
Did you miss the entire PT? The Jedi's belief they were objectively good was one of the main reasons they ended up falling. Everyone in those movies was eventually brought low by their virtues, not their weaknesses
Hell even within the movies and the EU stuff written by Lucas there's this weird two layer morality going on, where absolute pacifism is shown as the best good you can BE, but people like Obi Wan who use violence as a last resort are repeatedly shown to be the best good you can DO. When there's a divide about what even constitutes 'good' there's hardly objective morality
>>
>>91697946
>people invested in the series don't like one of the few original things in TFA

no anon, YOU are the normie
>>
File: gajxvlt.jpg (115KB, 620x821px) Image search: [Google]
gajxvlt.jpg
115KB, 620x821px
This comic was a mess.

but at least now we know that Gracchus is still alive
>>
>>91697981
>the first order has a younger clone of leia who is always in her slave outfit

Fund it
>>
>>91697982
Oh cool you have that meme post copypastad? Seen it about three times now, I'll be sure to save it to filter out in the future!
>>
File: 1490897567909.jpg (116KB, 512x576px) Image search: [Google]
1490897567909.jpg
116KB, 512x576px
Shit thread is shit
0/10 would not corrupt
>>
>>91697819
>> 8/9 - They do not make Poe/Finn gay for each other.

Shit taste confirmed.
>>
>>91697994
I can't believe that annoying edgy faggot terex gets to live but Lulo doesn't
>>
>>91696818
Kreia a shit.
>>
File: star-wars-jedi-2017.jpg (200KB, 1200x1776px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-jedi-2017.jpg
200KB, 1200x1776px
The twist is going to be that Episode 7 was intentionally a copy of ANH and that Luke is the only one to realize history is continuously repeating itself. That is why he wants to disband the Jedi and becomes a depressed hermit.

He stranded Rey on Jakku because he knew that just like his father she would be tempted by the darkside and eventually turn. Eventually she convinces him to to train her in the force and sure enough, she turns by the end of the movie just like Luke predicted

Snoke is revealed to be Literally nobody important. Luke even outright says that he isn't important or even worth fighting because when he is gone, another dark side villain will rise in his place. That is the dark truth he learned by traveling to the first Jedi Temple. What we as viewers know as "Poetry, it rhymes", is actually an in-universe phenomenon caused by the force binding everyone and everything

>Luke explains to Rey that no matter what, the galactic republic will always corrupt
>Meanwhile we get scenes of the new republic clearly turning over time

>A scene where Luke realizes he's going to die when they face Kylo Ren together, just like Obi Wans fate and there is no way to prevent it
>>
>>91698009
>Implying these threads aren't pure inconceivable autism so fucking bad that it makes reddit and waifufags look good in comparison
>>
>>91698024
I don't think anybody in Hollywood is that nihilistically bereft of taste or optimism. Take this opinion to r/starwars where it belongs.
>>
>>91698024
>>Meanwhile we get scenes of the new republic clearly turning over time
The new republic is dead, retard.
>>
>>91698064
These threads talk about lore. Everything else is just people jerking off to strangers rationalizing their creepy fetishes.

What's your point
>>
>>91698113
America didn't cease to be a nation just because the British burnt down the white house.
>>
>>91698113
>Destroy the capital
>Suddenly that means it's gone for good

Dumbass. That isn't how it works. The republic is clearly injured and might even be in an non-recoverable state, but it's definitely not gone for good

What, you think the new republic just wouldn't be in episode 8 at all?
>>
>>91698141
he might be a normie that doesn't really care about star wars and thought that hosnian was coruscant from the prequels aka a JJ fan
>>
>>91698141
Yes, I assume that they will in fact continue to ape the OT and stick with "plucky underdogs versus the shadowy empire", and thus, the new republic is in fact, gone for good.
>>
File: Palpatine_Smile.jpg (37KB, 578x299px) Image search: [Google]
Palpatine_Smile.jpg
37KB, 578x299px
>>91697885
>nothing kills creativity dead faster than "this villain is absolutely evil in every way"
>>
>tfw you got bored writing a paper for school and wrote a Star Wars fan fiction on the side to pass the time on a whim

Where's pastebin now
>>
>>91698067
>Take this opinion to r/starwars where it belongs.
I love how you guys think the levels of faggotry going on in swco threads are in any way shape or form superior to r/star wars
>HURR DURR WHAT IS SHE SWCO?
>Le fujopost XD that decrepit old man from a new hope is so sexy!
>Post waifu ships
>>
>>91698130
The British didn't manage to burn down the majority of the US fleet at the same time though. The New Republic is alive, but its fading fast and in dire need of protection it simply doesn't have
Hell I don't think there's anyone left in the galaxy who might be able to go toe to toe with the First Order, and I bet you that's going to be the plot of 8/9, at least for Finn and Poe, trying to build an alliance out of all those independent and unaligned planets that left the NR and took their fleets with them
Maybe even try and hide behind the Mandalorians for a bit. I would kind of like to see an older, wiser yet still explosives obsessed Sabine
>>
File: harrisonford.jpg (220KB, 600x324px) Image search: [Google]
harrisonford.jpg
220KB, 600x324px
>>91698209
>>
>>91698218
>yfw the chiss ascendancy will come out of the unknown regions to aid the new republic and thrawn will help them defeat the first order
like poultry, it clicks
>>
>>91696776
SS

-Grinky could pull a decent knock-off Qui-Gon
-5B looks like Vin Diesel
-8B is just Tuxedo Mask.
>>
>>91698199
Palpatine is evil, but he's evil through his own choice and of his own volition. He's not evil because of some fundamental element of the universe, he's just a power hungry madman who simply doesn't care how many people's lives he crushes to get what he wants
>>
What's weird about KOTOR2 is that it pushes this grey narrative and that the Jedi and Sith to normal people are no different than each other and cause equal amounts of destruction and suffering

Yet the game itself forces you to play as a Jedi or Sith
>>
>>91698209
We've known this for a while pal, the superior sw threads happen at /tv/ that's how it's always been
>>
>>91698245
but that's objective morality
Christians don't believe people are evil or good because God caused them to be unless they are heathen heretical protestants but because they chose to be
>>
>>91698236
>Thrawn on the side of the heroes
I would actually be completely down for that, and Thrawn did sort of set that up in its own way. Thrawn doesn't give a shit about politics, he just wants allies against whatever the hell is lurking in the Unknown Regions Its probably Snoke, lets be fair
Also the fuck is wrong with your chickens if they're clicking? Surely they should cluck. I'd call a vet if I were you
>>
>>91698272
because cluck isn't a synonym for narrative poetry so I had to modify it
>>
File: stormtrooper1.png (155KB, 411x330px) Image search: [Google]
stormtrooper1.png
155KB, 411x330px
I'm glad that Battlefront 2 has a realistic artstyle, dont get me wrong, but does anybody else feel like a cartoony Rebels-type style would have really worked for Battlefront 1?

Especially considering the more "arcady" gameplay BF1 had over the other installments. I think it could have been a cool change of pace for a Star Wars shooter.
>>
>>91697819
> 8/9 - Rey is sexualized at some point. Doesn't have to be nearly a comparable amount of time Leia was in the slave outfit or anything like that but SOMETHING.

>>>/out/
>>
>>91698304
not battlefront 1, but I'd play a TF2 style small scale team shooter with cartoony rebels graphics
>>
>>91697894
>Kylo has no credibility as a villain, he lost in his debut movie.

Vader has no credibility as a villain, he lost in his debut movie.
>>
>>91698312
Is it even possible to sexualise this?
>>
>>91698352
Ask the Sasha Grey fans.
>>
>>91697819
>Rey is sexualized at some point.
>Rey is the first instance of female nudity we get in sw, luke makes her train naked just because
>>
>>91698352
FUCKING
L
A
T
>>
File: 2fe5c76d47a387fd1640bb003a6231a2.jpg (116KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2fe5c76d47a387fd1640bb003a6231a2.jpg
116KB, 1024x576px
>>91698352
No, but it IS possible sexualize this. she's still the worst star wars waifu
>>
>>91698375
Does the Oola nip-slip not count?
>>
>>91698352
Jynposting for comparison
>>
>>91698348
Hey JJ how's it going? You see vader got surprised by han solo while chasing a force user , kylo got beat by an untrained mary sue, his defeat was WAY more humilliating too
>>
>>91698398
No, luke makes rey train completely au-naturel, no clothing at all though we don't see naughty bits
>>
GUYS JUST READ THIS COOL ARTICLE ON THE HOLONET

I THINK ANAKIN SKYWLAKER MIGHT BE DARTH VADER
>>
>>91698375
>Makes his apprentice train naked
>Later discovers she is his daughter in a situation similar to leia
Pottery
>>
File: dz6guoJ.jpg (73KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dz6guoJ.jpg
73KB, 810x1080px
>>91698352
Yes there sure as fuck is...
>>
>>91698428
source
>>
>>91696747
Didn't that guy get Yupe Tashu confused with an Imperial Guard?
>>
>>91698443
>weird armpit lines
>>
File: but why across the cosmos.gif (81KB, 143x136px) Image search: [Google]
but why across the cosmos.gif
81KB, 143x136px
>>91698352
Anon, this is a website where people have sexualized tile patterns, the greater flood plains of Ohio and one guy from /k/ fucked his gun in a drunken romp. No he didn't shove it up his ass like /d/ (the same board that rose to challenge to sexualize the tax season) would- he FUCKED it.

You're coming out and asking
"Is it even possible to sexualise this?"
With a picture of a woman in a bathing suit.

Oh no but your infantile "she's UGGO I don't like her so she's not attractive" counts for lots I'm sure.

Yes anon. It it possible.
>>
>>91698459
Actually there was the one /k/ommando who put a Remington 870 up his ass and it got stuck and he had to go to the hospital. But I know you're talking about the guy who stuck his penis in a mosin.
>>
>>91698459
>With a picture of a woman in a bathing suit.
Might as well be a transgender 10 year old child in a bathing suit
>>
File: I Like This Post.gif (1MB, 200x254px) Image search: [Google]
I Like This Post.gif
1MB, 200x254px
>>91698459
>>
>>91698489
a mouthful of TEETH in a bathing suit
>>
>tfw no story of an Imperial qt like Pryce being flustered by a handsome rebel like Han and denying her feelings for him until the after Endor where he eventually convinces her to defect but she's wondering if she was actually convinced or if she was just thinking with her vagina but she doesn't matter because she gets the D every night now after years of being on shitty formal ships full of old men who she wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pope
I know, I know, there's Lost Stars but I want my own autistic love story dammit.
>>
>>91698608
>10 foot pope
Meant to say 10 foot pole.
>>
>>91698520
>implying thats not my fetish
>>
>>91696990

that is confirmed canon
>>
>>91698608
screw Pryce

I want my qt Tua
>>
>>91698352
Some people like bestiality I guess
>>
>>91696776
Grinky, no contest.
>>
File: Anakin-Jedi.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Anakin-Jedi.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>91698444
Alright so we all know that the Jedi attempted a coup in the last days of the Clone Wars., right? Four Jedi Master went to the Chancellor's office to kill Palpatine, but none of them ever came back out. I don't know about you but that sounds mighty suspicious to me. How could an elderly politician possibly defeat four Jedi Masters? According to interview with a Rodian who worked as a janitor at the Senate building, he said he saw Knight Skywalker arrive at the Senate building, on the same night as the supposed Jedi coup, and it looked like he was in a hurry. That was the last anyone saw of Skywalker. Not even a few months later, Darth Vader enters the public scene.
>>
>>91698113
Is that why a New Republic admiral is a huge part of the story? Cry more you butthurt faggot
>>
>>91698651
>the only instance of vaginal sex resulted in luke and leia

The poor fucking bastard, no wonder he turned to the dark side
>>
>>91698352
Those glasses don't suit her, but the figure is pretty.
>>
What kinda dumbass brings dual pistols as a primary weapon to a tactical military situation instad of a proper rifle or an SMG?
>>
File: 1485257858295.jpg (70KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
1485257858295.jpg
70KB, 400x550px
> there are people who haven't read the TLJ MSW leaks that were all confirmed by the trailer

If I wanted to talk about Star Wars with a bunch of casuals that don't give a shit I'd go talk with my roommates
>>
>>91698141
>destroy central government and kill its authorities
>decapitate and annihilate military

The fag republic is done.
>>
>>91696990
No but it's referenced in the Season 2 episode of TCW 'Bombad Boner'. When they enter the club on Nar Shadda Jar Jar says "Dissin be remindin me of dat time on Oota Gunga when missen Amidala was muey muey drunk an she letta meesa give her a bombad fantastico time! She say dat I could-" then Anakin said "I think I get the idea Jar Jar!"
>>
>>91698763
STOP POSTING THIS
>>
File: Rex-SWM.jpg (2MB, 1261x1712px) Image search: [Google]
Rex-SWM.jpg
2MB, 1261x1712px
>>91698763
>implying I'll stop just because I failed
>>
>>91698628
Was the Pope from Kamino?
>>
>>91698752
>but the figure is pretty.
>This is what TFAfags actually believe
>>
>>91698368

umm, sasha grey has ass and tits.
>>
>>91698018
>The villain has his strengths
>is hated for it
>>
>>91698352
She must be the most boring woman to look at naked ever
>>
>>91698770

eh, they were sort of wrong about the tree thing.

having the history of the jedi being in A GIANT fucking tree instead of just a regular tree is kinda cool.
>>
>>91698815
I hate TFA, and I found her acting mediocre. My dick informs me that she isn't ugly. She isn't a sex goddess, though.
>>
>>91698857
>My dick informs me that she isn't ugly.
I-Im very sorry anon, you have been lost to the darkness
>>
>>91698775
I guess we will just need to wait for episode 8 to see if there is any sign of the republic. If there is, I guess im right
>>
>>91698775
>republic admiral in TLJ

nice one retard
>>
>>91698775
a unique feature of republics in contrast to despotates is that republics easily survive "decapitation" strikes, whereas a totalitarian regime descends into total chaos the minute supreme leader dies
>>
>>91698348
>Vader has no credibility as a villain
>establishes himself as a menacing threat on the Tantive IV
>establishing his ruthless nature and his intelligent
>sets up complicated plan that results in find rebel hidden fortress
>destroys Obi-Wan Kenobi
>destroys Gold and almost Red Squadron almost single handed
Don't you ever compare him to school shooter Kylo.
>>
>>91698352
This is just one of those tasteless autistic /tv/ photoshops isn't it?
>>
>>91698833
the villain is literally tyber zann with a haircut, he's pure cringe
>>
Kylo is literally pleb filter

>reeee give me back Vader/epik badass villain that has three lines and dies in a single movie
>>
>>91699100
>Vader/epik badass villain that has three lines and dies in a single movie
aside from grievous (excluding tcw appearances) when has this happened
>>
>>91699100
Maul
>>
File: 1488593801222.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488593801222.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>91698368
>>
>>91699133
jango (inb4 he had FIVE LINES!!!)
maul
>>
File: 032.jpg (60KB, 396x594px) Image search: [Google]
032.jpg
60KB, 396x594px
>>91699063
>>
>>91699036
According to rumours, hardly reliable
And one admiral surviving doesn't mean that much. The bulk of the New Republic fleet and its entire civilian leadership was burned to ash at Hosnia, whatever is left is going to be still reeling
>>
File: it's the spice.png (267KB, 704x450px) Image search: [Google]
it's the spice.png
267KB, 704x450px
>>91698839
It's so funny seeing anons, of all people, talk like this.
>>
File: Bounty Hunter PS2 Cover.jpg (2MB, 3236x2173px) Image search: [Google]
Bounty Hunter PS2 Cover.jpg
2MB, 3236x2173px
>>91699163
but jango wasn't a villain and maul wasn't a character :^)
>>
>>91699180
>The bulk of the New Republic fleet and its entire civilian leadership was burned to ash at Hosnia

>new republic ships in trailer and more nr ships confirmed via twitter
>>
File: 1491568784177.jpg (291KB, 1080x898px) Image search: [Google]
1491568784177.jpg
291KB, 1080x898px
>>91696990
>>
>>91698763
Officers especially in the past typically had a sidearm or no weapons because their job is leadership not rushing the front.
>>
>>91699205
What part of 'bulk' did you misunderstand?
The survival of a small collection of frigates and some larger ships doesn't even begin to compensate for the loss of the NR's fleet core strength
>>
>>91699180
Around 2008, the entire government of Poland boarded an airplane which suspiciously crashed over Russia in an """"""""""""accident.""""""""""""" Poland was almost totally unaffected politically outside of the families of the deceased.
>>
File: 1482182868669.png (289KB, 523x540px) Image search: [Google]
1482182868669.png
289KB, 523x540px
>>91699211

someone saved my Padmeme
>>
>>91697961
No. She said the Jedi and Sith are shit because they're both dogmatic fools. The Force is shit because it's "will" keeps resulting in a fuck ton of deaths.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!
>>
>>91699340
>she tips a fedora in a universe where the supernatural is a verifiable phenomenon
wew lad that's even worse
>>
>>91698261
That's the point though. The Jedi and Sith are bad for the galaxy, but because the Force has a will that it forces on people, there will never be an end to the Jedi-Sith conflict.
>>
>>91698261
Because it tries to stress that "Jedi" and "Sith" are just titles by which one refers to oneself, not necessarily what they "are". So that regardless of what you decide to become, you're still yourself and capable of making your own choices. It basically tries to take the corrupting influence of the Dark Side out of the decision making process even though it's a very real thing.

Though if it did anything right, it kind of criticized the EU's extension of Light Side glow or Dark Side corruption to the point of affecting you physically with characters commenting on your appearance.

"What the hell happened to your face?"
>>
>>91699369

Anakin is just annoyed because the one time he didn't fuck Padme in the ass, she got pregnant

He should've known better
>>
>>91699373
>Using the fedora meme wrong
That's not how it works.
>>
>>91699249
2010 actually, and they lost a lot of important people but by no means 'everyone'
Furthermore while the civilian legislature was relatively unaffected (due to a combination of there being no cabinet members aboard the flight nor the designated successor to the President) the Polish Armed Forces were dealt quite a blow due to the complete loss of their entire senior staff. All of that is detailed here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Polish_Air_Force_Tu-154_crash#Political_aftermath
So it did absolutely have an impact. And what happened at Hosnia was very different. Not only did the entire civilian leadership of the New Republic die, so did any of the people who might have served as dedicated successors or at least those able to do the job in stead before calling an election. Furthermore, it was not only senior command staff that died but the core strength of the entire New Republic fleet. They lost admirals, and more importantly the majority of their ships were reduced to ash, so it's not likely they will be able to even salvage an operational fleet from the ruins of the Hosnia system.

For the record, I'm not saying that the New Republic is dead and buried, nor am I saying those aren't NR ships. I'm just saying that the Republic is in an even more precarious position than it was back when it was the Rebel Alliance, and that those ships likely constitute a larger chunk of what survived the destruction of Hosnia than should probably be committed to one battle
>>
>>91696990

yes, Pablo confirmed it
>>
>>91699373
>Edgy contrarian is an idiot
Are you sure you wouldn't be more at home on /tv/? They're only able to speak in memes too.
>>
>>91699454
>defends an edgy contrarian character made by an edgy contrarian writer
>calls his opponent an edgy contrarian
that's some major projection you got going there
>>
>>91699211
guess she got lonely when anakin was away on missions
>>
>>91699434
Makes you wonder why they would place everything in a single system.

There has to be others left around their territory.
>>
>>91699452
do you think ezra and padme both did anal with a double dildo
>>
>>91699541
I think that's where the planetary defense forces come in, no?
>>
>>91699486
Did you even read what your wrote you fucking moron?
>>
>>91699541
they probably don't have EVERYTHING in one system, but an itinerant court if you will

the NR lost all its senators and their immediate concomitant bureaucrats, and probably a good chunk of their navy, but there is nothing stopping all the constituent members of the NR from reforming a new government (that is, the people governing) in response
>>
>>91699541
A lot of New Republic decisions and design comes to do not wanting to look like they're doing a repeat of the Republic/Empire. So instead of patrolling like the old Imperial Navy they seem to spend the bulk of their time in orbit around the capital, with only a few fleet bases scattered about mostly dedicated to going on ratting patrols against pirates
As >>91699571 the NR's defense strategy relies heavily on local defense forces mustered and paid for by individual members, again an attempt to prevent an excessive centralization of military power
>>
>>91699543

they would have - if there wasn't a massive continuity error in the way
>>
>>91699579
that kreia is a fedora tipper
which for some reason triggered you
but you have not refuted my post, just called me an idiot
>>
>>91699621
>This guy won't fuck corpses
How boring is your life?
>>
>>91699606
Except for the mass confusion, finger pointing, opportunistic land grabbing, conspiracy theories and paranoia that would result after the destruction of the Senate
Plus I imagine there's no small number of planets who were already on the outs with the NR who'd take this opportunity to leave and pull the ladder up behind them.
>>
>>91699652
Pretty sure they cremated Padme to prevent anyone doing an autospy and figured out she'd been recently pregnant
That and even if she had been buried after twenty years she'd be a skeleton. You can't buttfuck hip bones
>>
>>91699662
not canon ;^)
>>
>>91699690
>You can't buttfuck hip bones
Seriously, anon ... how boring is your life?
>>
>>91699690

if you can fuck anyone's hip bones - it'd be Padme's
>>
>>91699621
Ezra is 3 days older than Luke and Leia...
>>
>>91699690
This was actually covered in the Darth Vader comic but I don't remember the specifics
>>
>>91699716
Not yet, we haven't seen what happens in TLJ
But considering how chaotic, obstructive and downright ineffectual the Senate was in Bloodline, I'd be amazed if they all just start pulling together happily after Hosnia went up
>>
>>91699760

technically possible then
>>
>>91699735
There's no butt to fuck! You can stick it in a hole that's near where the butt was, but its not buttfucking, its bone fucking
It is an ex-butt, it has ceased to bounce!
>>
>>91699770
You'd be surprised how well the continental congress managed during the revolution and the post-war development of the American state....relatively.
>>
>>91698770
Maybe I don't want to risk knowing the plot in advance of seeing the film, man.
>>
>>91699764
Same here, I think Aphra and the murder droids interrogated the mortician who prepared her, that's how Vader learned his kids had survived.
Still can't quite remember what they did with her body though, or what issue that happened in
>>
>>91699792

Yeah but it's Padme who is a renowned anal queen, her body or her butthole will have found a way to make this possible
>>
>>91698407
Fucking hell ;-; Felicity should have been Rey, not the flat chested pale corpse that we have right now.

>Tfw Jyn is death and it probably died virgin because you wasn't there to fuck her.
>>
>>91699792
you mean like rey

>>91699831
the ghost picked up the survivors of rogue one and lightmaker from scarif before it asploded, and Merrick who ejected from his xwing
>>
>>91699831

with an ass like that Jyn definitely wasn't a virgin, stop dreamin
>>
>>91699804
The continental congress was at least nominally interested in working together, even if just to survive and build a state actually worth fighting over
The New Republic has been at loggerheads so long even C3-PO thinks they rely on too much protocol to get things done
C3-PO, perhaps the galaxies most anal droid, thinks the NR is an inefficient mess,
>>
>>91699862
An ass like that in an imperial prison no less
>>
>>91699887

If you think for even a second that her tentacle alien bunkmate didn't have those tentacles pounding Jyn's ass on a nightly basis you're delusional
>>
>>91699950
that alien is a woman, and straight
but she did trade jyn's ass to the stormtrooper guards in return for death sticks
>>
>>91700016

just because that alien is a woman doesn't mean she can't enjoy shoving her long face tentacles in Jyn's tight asshole

You're probably right that a couple of troopers had a go as well though
>>
>>91699620
File under reasons why the Empire was the best thing for the galaxy
>>
What would you name your Imperial ship /swco/?

I would name mine the Nonsequitur (inspired by the Executor)
>>
How hard do you think Zeb pounds Ezra's butthole each night?
>>
>>91700164
that's a bad joke
but it's better than naming it some pretentious pseudo-poetic agglomeration of words like in Halo
just name it something like "Auspicious" or "Corellia's Crown" or something like that
>>
>>91700195
actually for maximum literal poetry I'd name it "Witch of Endor", it fits in Star Wars and functions as a Shakespeare reference
>>
>>91696776
Nobody's sexier than Jason Isaacs
>>
WHAT DIPSHIT THOUGHT MORE SAW WOULD BRING IN VIEWS FOR REBELS AND NOT K2 OR CASSIAN

FUCKING IDIOTS
>>
>>91700222
its only showing off the stuff in the first half of the season, ~7 episodes
>>
>>91700164
>Nonsequitur
So ideally you plan to ambush the enemy?
>>
>>91700169

as hard as he needs to deposit his piping hot Lasat seed in Ezra's tight pooper
>>
>>91700243
Its a valid point though, Saw is interesting to people who know who he is (and since this is meant to be taking place in the run up to Scarif I'm interested in seeing how far Saw has degenerated into his paranoid delusions) but he's not a big or popular draw like K2 or Cassian would be
And the Rebels crew are ideally placed to have Cassian show up too, maybe even show us him hacking K2 into his service. That would be a neat moment
>>
>>91700164

The Odyssey or The Infernal
>>
>>91700300
>maybe even show us him hacking K2 into his service

having K2 be hacked a week or two before Scarif would ruin their dynamic
>>
>>91700164
It Ain't Sheev
>>
File: reallys.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
reallys.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Surely Rey will not be a massive mary sue in last jedi.
>>
>>91700164
Augustine
>>
File: Sandro_Botticelli_050.jpg (369KB, 1576x2423px) Image search: [Google]
Sandro_Botticelli_050.jpg
369KB, 1576x2423px
>>91700414
based name to be honest
>>
>>91700222
>>91700300
>Complaining that they're not trying to court normies
Shouldn't we be glad that they're going for story over what's popular? It makes way more sense to have Saw than any of the rest of the RO crew.
>>
>>91700169
kill yourself
>>
>>91700355
>Firefight on the ground
>Both sides are taking heavy losses
>No end in sight
>You fly over the battle
>It Ain't Sheev starts playing
Vietnam/10 name, anon
>>
>>91696713
Gay Wars
>>
>>91700243
I wonder how they're going to manage all that with the episode limit. Ahsoka is going to show as well.
>>
>be jedi
>sith lord starts massacring innocent people
>go and stop him
>kill him during a duel
>random grey jedi shows up and says "but the jedi are just as bad as the sith!"

fucking grey fags
>>
>>91700496
I dunno, it's possible. Maybe we'll see more 44 minute episodes instead of 22 minute ones?

>>91700486
>>91700169
>>91700279
Zeb is not for sexual, Ezra is hooking up with Sabine, and before you get any ideas about Kallus, he's going to rape Pryce to death.
>>
>>91699452
Okay seriously now, what's the deal with Pablo?

What's he do?
>>
>>91700561
Live the dream.
>>
>>91700561
>what's he do?
be based
>>
>>91700531
this reminds me of /tg/'s druidposting

>>91700561
while that image is obviously edited bullshit lies on the internet, Pablo Hidalgo is one of the big guys in the Lucasfilm Story Group, responsible for keeping canon material coordinated, and is typically referred to as an arbiter of canon owing to people's constant questions about star wars minutia and his authoritative responses to them

Leland Chee also assists in that regard, but some treat him with skepticism owing to his misguided attempt to manage canonicity levels in the old EU.
>>
File: I'm ISB.jpg (358KB, 1292x689px) Image search: [Google]
I'm ISB.jpg
358KB, 1292x689px
>>91700612
and I'm going to start this meme myself before you guys start baneposting to my poor choice of words
>>
>>91700612
>some treat him with skepticism owing to his misguided attempt to manage canonicity levels in the old EU.
Which is dumb, because he was the lone guy managing canon back then, effectively serving the role of the story group, except that he had no control over what was published. Now he does the same thing, but with more authority and not alone.
>>
>>91700667
That's quite true, he is very helpful but he's sort of playing second fiddle in many people's minds because he tried undertaking an impossible task that should have been better left as "none of this is canon and will be ignored or pilfered whenever Lucas makes something new"
>>
>>91696818
Kreia is basically the personification of dumbshit EU writers not understanding the Force and coming up with their own shitty versions even when Lucas said not to.

Fuck her.
>>
File: Star-Destroyer_ab6b94bb.jpg (110KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Destroyer_ab6b94bb.jpg
110KB, 1600x800px
>>91700164
>Indomitable
>Relentless
>Rebel's Bane
>Star Hunter
>Guillotine
>Nightmare
>>
>>91698685
yeah wait hang on how DID sheev explain the 4 dead Jedi? I understand how he manipulated the audio in the tapes to sound like they were trying to murder him (I guess they actually were but still) but how did he explain how he killed them all while still pretending to be an innocent old man?
>>
>>91700743
Anakin rescued him?
>>
File: 1492406128839.jpg (981KB, 1900x816px) Image search: [Google]
1492406128839.jpg
981KB, 1900x816px
>>91700743
he probably said Anakin died saving his life from them

>>91700740
BANE?
>>
>>91700740
>nice!
>ok
>very very bad
>nah
>Not bad!
>no thx
>>
>>91700654
>Be Kallus
>Hunt down Rebels for sport
>Brag about committing genocide to one's species
>Kill your own men out of sheer frustration
>Get stranded on planet with rebel alien and become buds
>Get a couple of mean stares from colleagues
>wtf, i hate empire now!
>Hey guys, sorry LOL
>Become best bud of the Rebels

If it's one thing they fucked up it's this guy's development.
>>
>>91700801
Have you ever seen Enemy Mine or The Defiant Ones?
>>
>>91698685
>>91698428

Get off the Holonet Skelly, we've been over this, it's not good for you.

Those Chromium-hat fools are NOT your friends.
>>
>>91700781
I thought Anakin was supposed to have been killed

and wouldn't that make Anakin look bad having killed 4 Jedi just to save 1 senate? or maybe make the situation more suspicious since why would Anakin be the only Jedi who didn't want Sheev dead?

eh fuck it
>>
>>91700561
Fuck bitches
>>
>>91700839
>just to save 1 senate
that's kind of a big deal anon
>>
>>91698841
But we always knew it was a giant tree though

I mean, pictures of the giant tree were the first thing that even leaked about the movie
>>
>>91700474
>it's not popular so it's good

saw is a shit character and the worst part of rogue one
>>
>>91700799
In my defense, there have been Star Destroyers with much edgier sounding names.
>>
>>91700877
In your opinion.

I love Saw, more than Cassian and Kaytoo combined
>>
File: 1491526950451.jpg (32KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
1491526950451.jpg
32KB, 430x430px
>>91698776
>>
>>91700899
Fuck that guy Rebels Bane sounds good
>>
>>91700164

U.S.S. Motherfucker
>>
File: C204M5GUkAAC4XV.jpg (65KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C204M5GUkAAC4XV.jpg
65KB, 1200x900px
>Kylos star fighter is a mixture of a tie advanced, tie interceptor and the falcon

>Snokes destroyer

BASED rian
>>
>>91700928
this is why he doesn't like it:
>>91700654
>>91700788

>>91700912
I'm strange in that I "like" all of the characters in Rogue One, but I don't "care" about any of them, because they all have such obvious dead-man-walking ticking clocks stapled to their faces
>>
File: 054e6023cabb32fc0a662ac9e801fbef.jpg (598KB, 1680x1216px) Image search: [Google]
054e6023cabb32fc0a662ac9e801fbef.jpg
598KB, 1680x1216px
>>91700959
that pic reminds me a bit of the Executor concept art that was the praetor in the eu
>>
File: nintendo-switch-console-4923.jpg (48KB, 830x467px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-switch-console-4923.jpg
48KB, 830x467px
>it's not going to get a single Star Wars game

Kill me pham. I can deal with no battlefront as long as it means we get a small low budget exclusive or something, but I can't imagine any of the future SW projects being ported to this. Fuck EA
>>
>>91700612
>>91700667
Pablo's also become more of the face of Story Group and I think Chee appreciates having some of that pressure off of him because before people were tweeting inane questions about whether KOTOR is still canon, Chee was the one that received all those sorts of questions.
>>
>>91701019
>EA's fault Nintendo yet again made a dogshit console
>>
>>91700962

Nah its' not the bane memes I just think it sounds shitty and not star-warsy

But hey! Each to their own
>>
>>91700928
BANE?
>>
File: a91.jpg (48KB, 320x585px) Image search: [Google]
a91.jpg
48KB, 320x585px
>this thread
>>
>>91701035
Opinion on the console aside, EA is the sole party that chooses which consoles get which of their games.

If Square Enix had the property (like they should), I'm sure the switch would be getting multiple SW games. They already showed love for the console and even if they can't get their big triple A game on it, they would at least put effort into making some sort of experience for it.
>>
File: warhammer.jpg (369KB, 1938x960px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer.jpg
369KB, 1938x960px
>>91700959
This is official art? Confirmed to be in the movie, or a scrapped idea like every other good sequel trilogy design?
>>
File: 1283427997286.jpg (76KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1283427997286.jpg
76KB, 268x265px
>>91696776
>lucius malfoy was grinky
>>
>>91701101
confirmed to be in the movie, but not official and drawn based on leaks
>>
>>91696776
I'm honestly confused as to what the fuck the point of 8th brother was
>>
>>91701117

it's from The Art Of The Force Awakens.
>>
>>91701117
>Drawn based on leaks
>Based on leaks

So is it CONFIRMED to be in the movie? Or did some nobody claim they saw it, and drew what they "saw" for validation
>>
>>91701138
we needed more terellian jango jumpers
>>
>>91701019
EA made their stance clear with the Wii U and Nintendo didn't listen. Because the hardware is weaker and different from PS4, Xbone, and PC they'd have to make a totally separate version of every game for Nintendo and that isn't worth the effort or extra investment. Not EA's fault the Switch is still an underpowered gimmick machine.
>>
>>91701143
whats confirmed to be in the movie is a big ass star destroyer

that's all, we don't know anything else
>>
>>91701143
from the same guy who drew the TLJ walkers weeks before the trailer dropped
>>
>>91701188
it's flying wing shaped and black, that's confirmed too

art I posted was just a concept
>>
File: fd2 (1).jpg (19KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
fd2 (1).jpg
19KB, 500x499px
>>91701019
>Buying a Nintendo console for anything other than Nintendo exclusives
Bye
>>
File: 1488755845191.jpg (120KB, 1376x522px) Image search: [Google]
1488755845191.jpg
120KB, 1376x522px
>>91700164
The Righteous Indignation

And i would want one of these
>>
>>91701162
>A totally separate version
>What is optimization

Anything that can run on an xbone should be able to run on the switch with barely any extra dev time.

Obviously you would need to lower the resolution and framerate, but there is no way getting battlefront to the switch is out of their control
>>
>>91700877
I never said it's good because it's unpopular. I said it's good that they're using him instead of just going for the popular characters because they're popular.

Saw makes the most sense in the story for crossing over with the Rebels crew.
>>
>>91701252
Dead wrong. Can't be done. The Switch is NOT comparable with the Xbone and all games are developed on PS4 first anyway and then ported to Xbone.
>>
>>91701162
>the Switch is still an underpowered gimmick machine.
It's almost like that's literally the entire point of the console and all Nintendo releases for the past decade.
>>
>>91700164
Imperial Eye
>>
File: StarDestroyerRepairs-SWVisions.jpg (1MB, 1657x1280px) Image search: [Google]
StarDestroyerRepairs-SWVisions.jpg
1MB, 1657x1280px
>>91700164
ISD Burden of Hospitality
>>
what did he mean by this
>>
File: nigga.jpg (18KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
nigga.jpg
18KB, 250x202px
>>91697819
>Luke and Rey tag team Ben
>Rey gets a double bladed lightsaber
>Rey is sexualized
>Boba Fett survives
>2 different Boba Fett films
Ah, so I see you're autistic.
>>
File: DIVERSITY.png (3MB, 2340x2344px) Image search: [Google]
DIVERSITY.png
3MB, 2340x2344px
>>91701394
should I add Kare Kun to this I don't know if she counts because of the blond hair
>>
>>91701286
Star wars NEEDS MORE BLACK GIRLS
>>
>>91701447
Meant for
>>91701429
>>
>>91701447
>That quote
I like to imagine that this is really the intended post you wanted to reply to. Makes the vidya conversation way more interesting.
>>
https://youtu.be/QuJzxV4i5IM

2:09
>This time Battlefront will be covering all eras of Star Wars you see in the films
>in the films

NO AHSOKA CONFIRMED
>>
What do you guys recommend of the new disney canon as absolute must reads? Could be novels too, there's so much stuff I don't even know where to begin
>>
>>91701394
Way to disappoint dad, Luke
>>
>>91701511
The Clone Wars is part of the era you see in the films, dumbass

They're just clarifying that;

>All Eras*
>*no Kotor lol
>>
File: Super_shadow_final.png (3MB, 1788x2067px) Image search: [Google]
Super_shadow_final.png
3MB, 1788x2067px
>>91701394
>>
>>91701394
Looks like an EU book cover
>>
>>91701513
Lost Stars is my personal favorite new canon novel. Catalyst is also great.

As far as comics go, Darth Vader is really good aside from the art, and Lando is great.
>>
>>91701513

Lost Stars. But it's getting a manga adaptation so you may want to wait on that.
>>
>>91701513
Catalyst, Tarkin if you have the patience, bloodline, lost stars, and Thrawn. All amazing.
>>
>>91701533
>>91701511
she'll be in TLJ :^)

>>91701513
Personal experience, with regards only to novels and not comics:
>Thrawn
>Smuggler's Run
>Moving Target
>Weapon of a Jedi

Others' suggestions that I have not read:
>Lost Stars
>Bloodline

Other's suggestions that I disagree with:
>Tarkin

Read, but don't recommend:
>Heir to the Jedi
>>
>>91701513
"Rise of the Empire" is a good entry-point into the novels.

It contains two novels, and three short stories that bridge them together. They're not the best stories in Canon, but they're pretty solid and not bad at all.

From there I would suggest Catalyst, Lost Stars and then Bloodline. Those are the "must reads". Expand outwards from there with whatever interests you.

For comics, start with the main Star Wars ongoing, and then the Vader ongoings. (If you like Aphra, pick up her comic afterwards)

From there I would suggest Kanan, Lando, and Shattered Empire. Expand outwards from there with whatever interests you.
>>
>>91701542

not as much as this does.
>>
File: Rowan_concept_art.jpg (64KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rowan_concept_art.jpg
64KB, 960x720px
Spooky.
>>
>>91701570
>Other's suggestions that I disagree with:
>Tarkin

Holy shit is this someone respecting someone else's opinion? good on you. I loved it, but I can see why people don't like it. Mostly because they don't have the weird autistic obsession with Tarkin and the patience I do.
>>
>>91701614
>Non-lego Rowan
For what purpose?
>>
Is ice cream canon?
>>
>>91701634
I read it and sort of enjoyed it but it wasn't THAT engaging, it was very dry, and a little too edgy for me (though it made sense in context I suppose). It's by no mean's a "must read" in my opinion, unless you classify ALL canon material as must read by virtue of its relevance to the mythopoeia of Star Wars, in which case I would not disagree with you, and would be obliged to recommend the Aftermath trilogy as a result, despite their poor writing.

Also I forgot all about Catalyst.
>>
>>91701692
I believe so
>>
>>91701692
>>91701727
No.
Fight me
>>
>>91701692
Aphra gets an ice pop in one of her comic issues.
>>
>>91701645
You know, I'm not really sure
>>
>>91701697
I think it's important for tarkin as a character. Most were gutted after the EU went away, and thank GOD it got rid of most of the shit that travesty did to him. You can dislike it, and that's fine. It's just a matter of taste.

I liked what it did for him personally, and gives an interesting insight to him. I think catalyst would be higher up on my must read list though, considering it's a direct tie in to the film.
>>
>>91701584
You're forgetting Thrawn in your must reads
>>
>>91701754
this
>>
File: download_1.jpg (61KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
download_1.jpg
61KB, 590x350px
Is there anything in canon that would redeem the sequel trilogy for you?

I personally won't be happy until I get an official explanation of how the First Order could have the funds to create Starkiller Base despite being barely a fraction of the size of the empire
>>
>>91700164
ISS Nigger Grave Digger
>>
>>91701804
>rey as the villain
>Kylo goes good
>luke refuses to train her and tells her to find herself, and that no one can do it for her
>Poe getting a decent character arc
>Hux getting a decent character arc beyond 'member tarkin
>>
>>91701692
It's probably going to be, what with Star Wars Land needing desserts to sell and "Blue Milk Ice Cream" fitting the bill.
>>
File: r0r8jv00f5j08wun7on7.jpg (302KB, 970x594px) Image search: [Google]
r0r8jv00f5j08wun7on7.jpg
302KB, 970x594px
I hope Filoni has another action cartoon in the works after Rebels is done, and that is most likely the case, but honestly, my dream would be to have him and Greg Weisman develop a Fantastic Four show together.

Kanan, Hera, Zeb, Ezra are already pretty analogous to Reed, Sue, Ben and Johnny anyway. I think it'd just be perfect for them.
>>
>>91701844
I have a hard time believing star wars land as a whole is Canon
>>
>>91701850
I highly doubt he is ever going to be doing that.

He is head of Lucasfilm animation, which basically means Star Wars, and MAYBE some Indiana Jones eventually

I'm sure he has a show in the works, but it's likely just more Star Wars. He was hinting at Celebration that his next show will be bigger than Rebels/TCW, and I highly doubt he would say such a thing if he wasn't even working on Star Wars.

>>91701863
It's likely canon in the same way Battlefront 2015 is canon.

It's "authentic and approved" Star Wars, but there's no real story so don't worry about it
>>
>>91701804
>Is there anything in canon that would redeem the sequel trilogy for you?

Stop focusing on Rey as the savior of the universe. Give more development to non-force users.
>>
>>91701447
Wrong. Star Wars NEEDS Latinas.
>>
For a Black Series figure, would you guys rather have Malak, Nihilus, Sion, Kreia, Starkiller, or Exar Kun?
>>
>>91701804

it was already there, the FO just found it and figured out how to shot star?
>>
>>91701949
I'd take any of them, but I would personally request that each figure has a big long yellow LEGENDS banner going up the front of them
>>
>>91701949
I'd rather have L'ulo.
>>
>>91701752
You're right on the money with the characterization of Tarkin. It makes him out like the archetypal big cattle rancher of the wild west who made something for himself and wants to drive out the sodbusters. Like Major Terrill from The Big Country.

>>91701804
I don't know what specifically could redeem the ST for me, but I do believe that the remaining movies could be so spectacular that they retroactively make TFA good. That's a real big IF, but I believe it can be done.

>>91701944
THIS
CANONIZE ANDI NOW
>>
>>91701975
Me too
>>
>>91701960
This would be a good enough explanation to shut me up. It's original location was in uncharted space iirc so it makes sense.

Maybe make it some old republic relic that was never able to fire because the technology wasn't there yet
>>
>>91701944
Nobody needs latinas
>>
>>91701928

This ten thousand times over.

The first 20 minutes or so of TFA were great. Finn and Poe getting BB-8 to find Luke Skywalker is weird as fuck but it's serviceable( in the sense of "why is Luke staying in one place and not involved"?).

The minute Rey and Finn meet she becomes fucking insufferable and the film just never gets better.
>>
If I make Revan canon, will you guys promise not to freak out?
>>
>>91701994
I'm ready Pablo.

But can you make her a redhead, we don't have enough of those yet.
>>
>>91701944
This.
>ywn be bossed around by a qt latina imperial officer
>>
>>91701928
It seems like Finn is getting a big B plot that's almost entirely separate from Rey. It seems like it's going to be split between the Rey, Luke, and Kylo Force plot and the Resistance vs First Order plot.
>>
>>91701804
Palpatine didn't go to Mustafar to pick up Anakin, he was there to retrieve Nute Gunray's porn stash, Anakin was just on the way.
After Palpatine died, the collection (henceforth referred to as NGPS) has looted by Imperial loyalists in the collapse of the Empire.
The First Order have been relutantly selling off pieces of NGPS to esteemed collectors to fund thier military projects. Starkiller Base was paid for by the credits raised in the sale of rare prints of tasteful Toydarian nudes (with the negative included) and a 13 volume anthology of Wookiee on Utai gangbang holovideos, sold to a consortium from Christophsis.
>>
>>91701944
But we have Poe

that's enough
>>
>>91701513
Lost Stars, Battlefront: Twilight Company, and Bloodline. Maybe the Darth Vader comic if you love the character since it's the best of the bunch, but it's still pretty shit and riddled with stupid trash that is tonally out of whack with not only the character but the franchise itself. The people Vader is fighting feel like capeshit villains and his sidekicks Doctor Aphra and her murder droids are cringeworthy and annoying.
>>
>>91702000

Nope. Prepare for the sixteenth black woman with natural hair who's described as generically pretty and attractive.
>>
>>91702013
Only if he has a hot sister.
>>
>>91700164
Rewoola
>>
>>91702000
I'm not Pablo, but they're keeping Revan as a male, which is something Mrs. Kennedy was very opposed to.
>>
>>91702058
>they're keeping Revan as a male

Source?
>>
>>91702058
someone post the Pablo tweet that proves this roleplayer is a baiting idiot
>>
File: 1468829121231.jpg (21KB, 362x345px) Image search: [Google]
1468829121231.jpg
21KB, 362x345px
>>91699452
>>
>>91702058
Nice try, but there's no way Kennedy would give a shit about Revan, even if she likes more female characters.

And from what I can gather, most of the LSG is in favor of female Revan, so pucker your asshole up for it
>>
>>91701960
>>91701987
>Hux in his speech to the First Order: "This fierce machine which you have built, upon which we stand, will bring an end to the Senate!"
>>
>>91701863
>>91701921
I see the LARP stuff being treated as something like Uprising where any material that even nods to stuff happening in Star Wars Land just refers to the tourist's role as a generic nameless Smuggler depending on how involved it ends up becoming.

The rides themselves being more concrete experiences seem like something where events could be treated as canon.

The setting and "NPCs" are all canon though.
>>
>>91701987
There's some implications that it was built into Ilum, a planet known for its kyber crystals, so its entirely possible 'all' the First Order had to was attach a gravity well generator strong enough to suck in a sun, an energy conversion matrix the size of Europe, and of course a bloody great hole to shoot the resulting laser out of after focusing the energy through the natural kyber formations
The hyperspace tunnel is torn using the gravity of both the projector and the sun that is devoured for firing. Starkiller is nothing if not efficient, it is own hideously over the top way
>>
>>91701513
>>91701546
>>91701555
>>91701569
>>91701570
>>91701584
>>91701634
>>91702020

I felt Lords of the Sith, A New Dawn, Lost Stars, and Catalyst were great. Twilight company was good but dragged quite a bit.
Ahsoka, Tarkin, Heir to the Jedi, and the other young adult books are pretty meh.
Dark Disciple would have worked better as a comic most likely, but was still not good. Same with Aftermath.
Bloodline, Thrawn, the other 2 Aftermath books I have yet to read. Gotta be careful with Thrawn, got the Celebration convention exclusive signed by Zahn. Great guy.
>>
>>91701804
isn't Snoke some over the top rich guy according to the leaks? like he's dressed in a gold bathrobe with gold slippers and has a regal af interior for his personal Star Destroyer

plus they didn't build the planet, it was already there. All they had to do was dig it out and since its rumored to be Ilum I'm sure there were enough kyber crystals enough to power ships needed to drill it.

My biggest issue with Starkiller isn't how they afforded it, I can totally buy it considering how fast the Death Star was built and how fast the second one was built even if it wasn't finished. It's just stupidly overpowered and I don't know how they can top it considering the fact that Episode IX is possibly the last film in the saga.
>>
>>91702133
It would be pretty fun if canon material that comes out around the time Star Wars Land launches makes oblique nods to "a huge number of unnamed smugglers out of [whatever the name of the planet Star Wars Land is taking place on is]" and stuff
Just a cute little nod to the idea that it is 'happening' somewhere out, but the galaxy is a big place and things get muddled
>>
File: IMG_1924.jpg (50KB, 480x203px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1924.jpg
50KB, 480x203px
I TRIED SO HARD

AND GOT SO FAR

BUT IN THE END

IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER
>>
>>91702125

like Hux knows what he's talking about. come on, son.
>>
>>91699452
This can't be real....
>>
>>91702083
Do we really need a pablo tweet to prove that some guy on /co/ doesn't work for Lucasfilm?
>>
>>91702192
What gave it away?
>>
>In Legends, Galactic Civil War went on for decades, with new warlords and admirals and two-bit imperial bureaucrat cropping up every couple of years to proclaim the rebirth of the Imperial Order
>in nuCanon, the Empire simply collapsed on itself and the war was over within a year after Palpatine and Vader died

which version do you prefer?
>>
>>91702162
Twilight Company is great if your into military SF, particularly if you like the sound of something that wouldn't feel out of place coming out of Black Library for 40K
If that doesn't interest you, I wouldn't recommend it.
Tarkin is a bit dry but again if you're willing to persevere through that its worth the read. Even just for some insight into why Tarkin backed the Death Star so heavily
Thrawn was excellent in my view, hopefully you'll enjoy it
>>
>>91702193
no, but I want to shame the "Kathleen Kennedy is secretly a radical feminist" conspiracy theorist out there
>>
>>91702228
>in nuCanon, the Empire simply collapsed on itself and the war was over within a year after Palpatine and Vader died

Honestly? this one.
>>
>>91697819
>> 8/9 - Ben does not get redemption, he aided in multi planet genocide & murdered his father, it's done.
Vader was arguably worse, given that he went from kind war hero to betraying and hunting down the jedi to gain the power to protect things important to him, a purpose he already failed. He just stands by while Tarkin destroys Alderaan, and spent two decades running around killing people for Sheev. Everything Kylo did Vader did worse and more destructively, except for having a chance to kill his dad, and standing by while a superweapon blows up planets but those are out of his control.

I don't actually care about Ben being redeemed, the implicit assertion that Ben is more irredeemable than Anakin peeved me.
>>
>>91702162
Lords of the Sith was NOT great. Darth Vader is my absolute favorite character in all of Star Wars, and possibly all of fiction in general. I was hype as fuck for that book and the Vader comic, and both ended up sucking ass for different reasons. That book should have been an easy slam dunk. Tell a violent story from the point of view of Vader and Palpatine as they crush some rebels and get used to working together. Instead what I got was a pile of shit about gay ass Cham Syndulla and some other asshole Twi'leks I don't like or care about. It was anything but what it was advertised. Fuck that book.
>>
>>91702228
The second one, purely because I prefer the idea of an Empire that retreated to that completely unused side of the galaxy to lick its wounds and then beef up for thirty years for the comeback match
That and stuff like the Contingency and Operation: Cinder are just so fucking petty and awful that it makes perfect sense for Palpatine and helps explain why the Imperials would just down tools after realizing what a dick the Emperor was
>>
>>91702228
canon
there is a chance, however minimal, that things will turn out alright in the ST in spite of JJ's mystery box galactic reset

there was no chance in the astonishingly grimdark forced eternal war of the EU for anybody to have a good end
it's not just Thrawn, it's not just Vong, it's not just remnants and dark jedi and darksabers and mandalorians and jedi princes popping up out of the woodwork, it's the absolute unflinching nihilism of the 137 ABY Legacy Era where the sith once more destroy the republic and take control of the galaxy while Luke's edgy little grandson is a drug addict fedora tipping deviantart OC

fuck the old EU's treatment of the post ROTJ galaxy, fuck it to hell and may it never return
>>
>>91702228
Canon because it actually treats the death of Sheev as the catalyst for the GCW ending, as it should be.

EU rendered ROTJ fucking pointless.

(That being said, TFA fucked ROTJ to shit too, but at least the Galaxy got 30 years of peace)
>>
>>91702228

This, because the three people in power died within quick succession of eachother, and a power struggle and infighting makes sense.
>>
>>91702214
Padme being a buttslut is hard to believe. She's a bit prudish and obviously was a wait until marriage type considering how quick Anakin was to marry her.
>>
>>91701513
Well since it seems like we're all doing this, I'll chime in:

>Best tier
Lost Stars
Bloodline
Catalyst

>Good tier
A New Dawn
Twilight Company
Weapon of a Jedi
Moving Target
Thrawn (so far -- maybe it'll end up best tier)

>I don't remember it well enough but I think I liked it tier
Tarkin

>Enjoyable for what it is Tier
Ahsoka
Servants of the Empire series
Ezra's Gamble
Smuggler's Run
Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away (not done with all of it yet)

>Indifferent Tier
Dark Disciple

>Not a Fan tier
Lords of the Sith
Heir to the Jedi

>Not as bad as everyone says but certainly not outstanding tier
Aftermath 3
Aftermath 2
Aftermath 1
They get progressively better, and I actually enjoyed most of the third one thanks to Jakku and overall lack of stupid filler

>Haven't read yet tier
Adventures in Wild Space series

>HYPE tier
Guardians of the Whills
Rebel Rising
Phasma
The Leia Book
The Luke Book
All the upcoming books are hype tier

Maybe I'll do one for the comics later.
>>
>>91702228
I like both honestly.
>>
>>91702237
The funny thing about that is, while Kennedy is certainly trying to get more female characters into the franchise, she is also having to deal with SJW's who think she is still not doing enough.

Here is a video of some SJW bitching about Kathleen not getting any female directors for the movies;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYCh8MOY5I

No matter how hard you pander, the radical feminists will never be satisfied. I think Kennedy herself knows this. She's not pushing female characters for an SJW agenda, I think Kathleen genuinely just wants more role models for little girls. I don't agree entirely with how Kathleen is trying to "fix" the "problem", but I don't think she is doing it with bad intentions.
>>
>>91698459
I'm stealing this
>>
>>91702341
I respect your opinions about Aftermath, but I simply can't forgive Wendig for the fucking therapy Ewoks

Or that he declared literally every single officer who'd ever served in the Imperial armed forces an actual factual war criminal under New Republic law, regardless of what they'd done. Even worse, as fucked up as that is, it barely got a sentence covering it. A huge upheaval like that, and it barely got a single goddamn line in the novel

Like, I can forgive or at least forget some questionable writing but stuff that has a huge long lasting impact on the canon like that? And then just stepping over it like its not a big deal? Its fucking bullshit, at least accept that your anti-Empire bias a) exists, and b) has needlessly sliced apart several interesting story threads about career Imperials trying to adapt to being career Republicans
>>
>>91702393
Exactly. She's not remotely unreasonable and she's not really agenda pushing. I totally understand her motivations and practices. However, I do find it lamentable that boys no longer have new role models but have to rely on the nostalgia power generated by the greats of old, whereas girls get new role models constantly. That's hardly a fault of Kennedy though, that's a fault of society.
>>
>>91702228
The EU. It was vastly more believable for the Empire to maintain control of large parts of the galaxy and constantly have infighting between moffs and generals/admirals for who would be the next Emperor. Everything about the new post-RotJ canon is simply inferior.
>>
>>91702452
I'd argue Finn could have been a good role model, if they hadn't screwed up his characterization and tried to make him funny in TFA
As stands, I rather liked the fact that he kept being the Han Solo style "I'm only in this for me" angle going even after seeing what Starkiller would do. Its not often you find heroes who are that selfish, and its interesting to see it
>>
>>91702500
Finn and Poe are both potential role models, but are barely even sidekick level characters in TFA. You could almost remove them from the movie entirely and nothing would change. That's more a problem with Rey being a total Mary Sue rather than feminist shilling. Adam Driver is a respectable male actor, but unfortunately he's the villain (for now), and patricides aren't exactly role models.
>>
Why are you fags allowed to stay but the Rooster Teeth general isn't?
>>
>>91702452
Someone didn't watch the celebration. She literally mentioned strong independent women in the opening speech. No I don't think she's genuine. I think shes just a money hungry cunt banking on the latest social trends.
>>
>>91702561
We have new, official comics (half of the board's name) every week. RT shits out a cartoon every few months with a break between them.
>>
>>91697819
>More big space battles in the movies
>Bring back Kyle Katarn
>I also want Boba Fett to survive the Sarlacc as well
>Bring back some of the cool ships from Legends like the Dreadnaught class heavy cruiser, the K-Wing, and the E-Wing
>More Mandalorians
>Republic Commando 2 or Imperial Commando, whatever works
>A good Star Wars RTS and just more Star Wars video games in general (not just mobile games)
>More underworld stuff
>Ensemble bounty hunters movie
>>
>>91702184
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkSLayFFE5E

OTP
>>
>>91702562
tell me when she turns iron man into niglet or captain Britain into a paki

>>91702561
holy shit those fags are still around? I thought people grew out of them along with newgrounds like 10 years ago
>>
>>91702162
>celebration exclusive signed by Zahn

jealous tee bee hayche
>>
>>91702561
If i recall, the Rooster Teeth general was "RWBY General" primarily, and with that on hiatus you got fucked. We have more than just a cartoon to keep us going.
>>
>>91702561
Rooster Teeth hasn't been even remotely good since probably 2007 or 2008, when it wss literally just RvB and the core crew of guys. Fuck whatever the hell that trash company became and fuck you for liking it.
>>
>>91702610
good christ
>>
>>91702561
Speaking as someone who loves the RT general, its because SWCO gets weekly releases still. Drips and drabs, but its still new material. RT animation on the other hand is in its dry season. Maybe you guys could come back for Camp Camp or Chibi
>>
>>91702452
Yeah, that's what makes me uncomfortable about it.

It's like;

>"Ok girls, look at all these awesome new characters! Jyn, Rey, even Ahsoka!"
>But what about some cool new characters for boys?
>"What? I thought you loved Luke and Han?"

The best we got was Kanan/Ezra in Rebels, which also balanced the cast with Hera/Sabine, so it was fair for all viewers and ages. I kinda feel like this should be a standard for Star Wars. I don't think more female focus is a malicious idea, but I think the sentiment is misguided a little. Balancing the demographic and letting things equal out over time would have made everybody happy. Throwing a bunch of black and female characters into Canon at once, and almost no white boys, and expecting everyone to like it, was a silly move.

That's also why Forces of Destiny leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If the gender ratio was 50/50, or hell even 70/30 to truly focus on female characters, people would likely be more interested in it. But they presented it as a specific spotlight on girls, so now people are shrugging it off as "that feminist-approved show made for little girls to sell dolls" instead of what could be a fun little series of shorts.

>>91702561
We have a new cartoon starting in like a week, another one a few months after that, and then our main cartoon a few months after that.

Plus comics basically every week.

Roosterteeth has basically no significant /co/ content for most of the year.
>>
File: kylo.png (659KB, 1277x531px) Image search: [Google]
kylo.png
659KB, 1277x531px
>>91702184
I'VE

BECOME SO NUMB

I CAN'T FEEL YOU THERE
>>
>>91702655
>We have a new cartoon starting in like a week, another one a few months after that
????
>>
So sad the only good thing in Battlefront is the death star dlc.
>>
>>91702655
>We have a new cartoon starting in like a week
m8?
>>
>>91702655
>But what about some cool new characters for boys?

Rogue One had several. In fact, Jyn was really the only new female character of any kind of significance in that movie.
>>
>>91702672
>>91702694
Freemakers Season 2 (That's very soon, right?), then Forces of Destiny, and then Rebels Season 4

>>91702679
I thought the Bespin DLC was better, to be honest.

Frankly the game has so many problems, I find it had to enjoy at all. I usually pop on for a few Walker Assault games from time to time.

Battlefront 2 is fixing all the main problems though (Season Pass bullshit, Classes, Story, Era's, ect) so I am excited for that
>>
>>91702452
Finn's character arc is much more inspiring and relatable than Rey's even with his backstory.
>>
>>91702672
>>91702694
Freemakers S2 and that shitty feminist propaganda flash cartoon I assume.
>>
>>91702710
>In fact, Jyn was the main character
fix'd
>>
>>91702715
>>91702725
>Freemakers
pffft
>>
>>91702655
Kathleen Kennedy is a self described third wave feminist and she's literally using Star Wars as a sacrificial lamb for her agenda. There's never going to be anymore new male protagonists because she openly declared thar Star Wars is just for girls now. She needs to go.
>>
>>91702552
But Finn actually had a character growth arc where he proved that the way you were raised doesn't have to define who you are. And he went from coward who just wanted to run for his own sake to bucking up and risking his life to save someone important to him.

Rey didn't develop at all. That's not a true role model, it's a lazy one to appease feminists.
>>
>>91702728
Jyn being the lead of an ensemble cast doesn't detract from Cassian, Baze, Chirrut or Bodhi being positive male role models
>>
>>91702725
>Freemakers
pablo.webm
>>
File: Big Bongo.jpg (12KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
Big Bongo.jpg
12KB, 430x430px
>>91702751
>>91702725
Not today anon, come back later
>>
>>91702728
So women being the main characters negates the male role models of the supporting cast? Sometimes the main character isn't even the most popular one.
>>
>>91702765
>Bodhi, Cassian
>Positive male role models
A defector and a spy that willingly kills his own are totally good role models.
>>
>>91702751
>There's never going to be anymore new male protagonists
>Han Solo movie

STFU with this copy pasta, it's not even rational
>>
>>91702784
>Sometimes the main character isn't even the most popular one.

Just look at Boba's autistic fanbase over the years. This dude is baiting
>>
>>91702655
I don't dislike forces of destiny because its all girls for girls, I hate it because that terrible flash animation makes my eyes bleed

>>91702710
>>91702765
>>91702784
the problem with rogue one is that everybody gets fucking wasted at the end, that's not good role models for any kid, and that's excluding the whole moral ambiguity of the men

>>91702717
>>91702754
its true, but that's not something a normie kid would pick up, only us hardcore canon autists who pore over everything understand kino

ironically, JJ's braindead direction made it MORE inaccessible
>>91702784
>>
>>91702765
Cassian arguably isn't since he does shoot an unarmed man in the back to cover his tracks.
>>
>>91702784
Having two female protagonists in Star Wars movies means that they're destroying Star Wars and taking it away from boys. Don't you know this?
>>
>>91702798
Okay, asshole 'cuz you're cherrypicking
>Chirrut and Baze who would literally die for eachother, one being true to his faith, and the other being there to protect his friend, but never giving up on him
>>
>>91702802
>Han Solo
>new
>implying he'll even be the main character since they have that talentless cunt from GoT in it
>>
>>91702393
hahahah when she straight up tells her to name some female directors

It's bizarre that they'd pick Star Wars to have the "where are the female directors" fight when so far only 4 directors have been announced for the films (counting Phil Lord & Chris Miller as a duo)

You'd think she'd have more of a point with Marvel, right? Since they've made like 16 films or some shit and the only one that has a female director was announced yesterday and she's co-directing it with a man.
>>
>>91697667
I liked Kylo, mostly for looking so average underneath the helmet and nor Hauden-level photogenic or a melted freak like Vader.
>>
>>91702812
By the 'logic' of some, one is enough. Possibly too many.
>>
>>91702798
Han Solo is in a similar boat but he's still considered a role model.

Shaking off the sins of your past to become a hero is an age old inspirational story.
>>
>>91702728
I'd argue that Cassian was just as important to the story.
>>
>>91702864
Because he was. Ignore memeing.

Just like the Sequel Trilogy is more of Kylo's story than Rey's when you think about it.
>>
>>91702798
Did you miss the laundry list of crimes Jyn committed? She wasn't a pure innocent angel either.
>>
>>91702849
And no one is even going to watch Captain Marvel because the interest in Marvel's oversaruration of the market with overly formulaic shit is on its death bed.
>>
>>91702607
>more Star Wars video games in general (not just mobile games)

I agree with most of your points but even as someone who rarely plays vidya the fact that Battlefront is so far the only major Star Wars video game to come out since the Disney purchase (not counting Lego Star Wars or shitty mobile games) is baffling to me. You'd think that would be basically printing money for Disney. But then again I don't remember if they capitalized on buying Marvel with making any games so maybe they just don't think anyone is interested.

They could at least remaster the old games, the cost/profit on that would be ridiculous.
>>
File: 1490778110005.jpg (3MB, 3000x2594px) Image search: [Google]
1490778110005.jpg
3MB, 3000x2594px
The Empire looked so good

I'd fuck the one on the right
>>
>>91702905
>Implying

Guardians of Reddit 2 will make bank and you know it.
>>
>>91702929
Disney just doesn't know what the fuck to do with vidya. That's why they killed Interactive off.
>>
>>91702798
Defecting in order to do the right thing is one of the bravest things a person can do. Shit, the idea of turning against your friends to do what's right is one of the moral lessons from the end of the first Harry Potter book
As for Cassian, he's a good role model for learning that your past sins don't define you
>>
>>91702893
to play devils advocate, all she did was "bad girl bitch" petty crimes and misdemeanors, Cassian's a straight up murderer and former separatist terrorist
>>
>>91702228
The EU. The warlord era saw some of the best stories in the EU. Seeing a new Jedi order prosper behind this backdrop was great too.
>>
>>91702929
They are announcing 2 or 3 AAA Star Wars games at E3 this year. Battlefront got rushed out to buy time for the other devs to really work on stuff. Bioware, Respawn, and Visceral are all doing new Star Wars games and have been working on them for years now so they're likely nearing completion.
>>
>watching The Crown (kino btw)
>Think that Pip Torrens would make an incredible Thrawn
>See on wikipedia that he was in The Force Awakens but I can't remember who he played
>wtf lemme check the Wook
>he plays some New Order general that's on screen for all of 5 seconds

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kaplan_(colonel)

what a fuckin waste. Has Star Wars ever reused actors who played minor characters for major roles later on? I know Doctor Who has done that a few times even with actors who played the Doctor (Peter Capaldi was even a main character in Children of Earth as well but that was a spin-off and I don't think any kids watched that but still)
>>
>>91702990
If Sam Witwer and Warwick Davis count, then yes.
>>
>>91702875
Shit if you get down to it the originals are just as much Vader's story as they are Luke's
That's something I'm glad they're copying for the ST, if nothing else Kylo is a more interesting villain than Vader, and there's a chance he might actually survive any hypothetical (but very probable) redemption
>>
>>91703012
oh yeah but I was talking about the films and not as voice actors
>>
File: lars mikkelsen.jpg (133KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
lars mikkelsen.jpg
133KB, 500x670px
>>91702990
>people still trying to find a guy to play Thrawn
We already have one
>>
>>91702959
She wasn't just some thief. She was the protege of Space Osama.
>>
>>91703018
>Kylo is a more interesting villain than Vader

How so? I look at Kylo and just see a whiny bitch boy. I mean, granted, Anakin was too, but he at least grew out of it.
>>
File: EwXHnWl.jpg (57KB, 768x729px) Image search: [Google]
EwXHnWl.jpg
57KB, 768x729px
>>91696713
>>
>>91702990
I don't know about going from a minor role to a major role but they've definitely reused actors between minor roles.

And if we're talking Star Wars casting, I really want to see Tom Hollander as a slimey, smug Imperial officers.
>>
File: sfZWrIo.gif (1MB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
sfZWrIo.gif
1MB, 500x401px
>>
>>91703053
He just became a big, less whiny bitch boy of Palpatine's.
>>
>>91702959
He wasn't a Seppie, unless your definition of terrorist includes throwing rocks at people.

Jyn's crimes including counts of aggravated assault against Imperial personnel, shipjacking and possession of unsanctioned weapons. A bit heavier than "bad girl" crimes. The only notable thing is that she's very consistent about only harming Imperials, not civilians
>>
File: 216883.jpg (57KB, 590x701px) Image search: [Google]
216883.jpg
57KB, 590x701px
>>91702990
sheeit I'm picturing him without the mustache and he wouldn't be half bad.

>>91703033
For live action though? I always imagined Thrawn having an English accent pre-Rebels since the character was influenced heavily on Sherlock Holmes. Lars Mikkelsen as a live action Thrawn would make the character too creepy looking. He'd have to be more regal and charming to show how different he is from The Emperor as the leader of the Empire
>>
>>91702929
Videogames are expensive man, especially on modern AAA budgets and development cycles, but they're planning one a year from now until their contract ends

BF2
Viscerals Game
BF3 (Probably)
??? (Bioware's next game?Can't remember if we already have another developer announced for a SW game)
>>
File: JUF2CcY.png (347KB, 1440x540px) Image search: [Google]
JUF2CcY.png
347KB, 1440x540px
>>
File: brawlsamus.png (108KB, 333x386px) Image search: [Google]
brawlsamus.png
108KB, 333x386px
I miss the days when you could have an empowered female protagonist and nobody batted an eye or suspected any kind of foul play.
>>
>>91703100
>For live action though?
Yes. He basically already looks like nucanon Thrawn anyway, just give him those brow ridges and paint him blue and he's done.
>>
>>91703053
Kylo Ren isn't a "whiny bitch", he's simply not a villain who believes he has to be for some reason. His conflict is that of trying to suppress his inner light side for whatever goal he is hoping to achieve. I really think ultimately his turn is a ploy devised by him and Luke to destroy Snoke and the First Order from within. He reminds me a lot of Zuko from Avatar actually.
>>
>>91703053
Vader stopped whining, but he was still Palpatine's bitch

And its the fact that he's actually in touch with his emotions, and his whole family history and background are interesting to me. That and I just can't shake the feeling that he shouldn't be there, and one some level he knows that. He's not his grandfather, he doesn't belong swimming that deep into the Dark Side, but he's not cut out to be a Jedi either. He's the personification of a huge flaw in Jedi dogma and I really hope they go somewhere with that
>>
>>91703109
you think they're too expensive for Disney? They spent more money on the marketing than the actual budget of The Force Awakens (something like $250 million compared to $200 million). How much of that was spent on shit like BB-8 watches and water pistols with Poe's face on the side?
>>
>>91703119
>empowered female protagonist
She's a mercenary.
>>
>>91703100
>I always imagined Thrawn having an English accent pre-Rebels since the character was influenced heavily on Sherlock Holmes.
Well too bad, he has a light Danish accent now.
>>
>>91703141
I wonder if that was a consideration when modelling him for Rebels, or if that was just a case of "we don't really have a face model for Thrawn, so lets just use the VA because that will make the lip sync work better"
>>91703100
Thrawn should be creepy looking. He's human-like, but with blue skin and bright red eyes that hid a terrifyingly powerful intellect. Thrawn, the Chiss in general really, should sit perfectly in the uncanny valley as humanish non-humans
>>
>>91703114
>not Knights of the New Republic for Episode IX

The Force awakens the last Jedi Knights of the New Republic

not that I think it's the best title but if they are actually going with the stupid idea that each title forms part of a sentence, it's the only one so far that isn't terribly embarrassing and doesn't start with a preposition like "of" and "for" which is retarded for a title to start with something like that
>>
>>91703155
Zuko was pretty whiny, actually. But that's a realistic flaw and I don't get why people get so angry at any character they perceive that way. It's not like Zuko didn't have ample reason to whine.

Personally I didn't really see much from Kylo that I would classify as whining. He's more unstable than whiny.
>>
>>91701614
What's this from?
>>
>>91703185
I'm OK with that, providing other Chiss also have vaguely Danish/Low Countries accents. It would be a neat little detail and honestly its not an accent you hear very often in blockbuster entertainment so it would add to the subtle "different and new" vibe Chiss should give off
>>
>>91701614
Huh
Where did you get this from?
>>
File: c87a5240849369.58c13e46bb756.jpg (782KB, 1400x983px) Image search: [Google]
c87a5240849369.58c13e46bb756.jpg
782KB, 1400x983px
>>91702990
They have reused before, but like >>91703033 said we already have the perfect guy. Lars Mikkelsen, the guy who voices him on Rebels.

>>91703032
Warwick has appeared in multiple films.

>>91703100
>For live action though? I always imagined Thrawn having an English accent pre-Rebels since the character was influenced heavily on Sherlock Holmes.
Well that's too bad, because he canonically sounds like he does in Rebels, the light Danish accent

> Lars Mikkelsen as a live action Thrawn would make the character too creepy looking.
Not any more creepy than he already looks.

>>91703211
>I wonder if that was a consideration when modelling him for Rebels
I'd definitely say they did.
>>
File: C9iwzabVwAAO1YF.jpg (161KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C9iwzabVwAAO1YF.jpg
161KB, 1200x900px
>>
>>91703230
People see a villain act out like Kylo does and just try and demean it as "whiny" or "he's just having a tantrum" because people wanted an utterly emotionless and fucking flat Darth Vader knock off. The fact they got one, who then revealed his true colours just annoyed them further
>>
>>91703230
Yeah, I don't see him as whiny necessarily or even that as a bad thing at any rate, I see w person struggling with a lot of inner turmoil to do what he believes he must. I see strength there. And tragedy.
>>
>>91703211
no but I'm saying Lars could already creep you out without the blue skin or red eyes (like his character on Sherlock)

you really think the look for the one on the right would work better for portraying the character in live action than the one on the left?
>>
File: C9ixONRUMAAbUT1.jpg (132KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C9ixONRUMAAbUT1.jpg
132KB, 1200x900px
>>
File: dais.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dais.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>91698820
>ass
um
>>
>>91703246
>>91703298
Celebration Lego panel
>>
File: C9iy9SqVoAAr4oN.jpg (67KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C9iy9SqVoAAr4oN.jpg
67KB, 1200x900px
>>
File: Grand_Admiral_Thrawn_canon.png (953KB, 687x826px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Admiral_Thrawn_canon.png
953KB, 687x826px
>>91703332
Yes because that's how he looks in canon. I thought it was just the art style, but it's pretty clear that they intentionally slimmed his face and smoothed his hair over considering it's how he looks for the novel art too
>>
>>91703275
>>91703185
Yeah, I don't mind Dane Thrawn.
Giving him a vaguely European accent coupled with the organ leitmotif on Rebels gives him a Transylvanian/Vampire vibe which is a nice contrast with the otherwise imposing/Hollywood-Evil-British Empire. He's still coming from a place of stock villainry but it's a slightly different flavor to emphasise his uniqueness.
>>
>>91703185
>>91703275
I like that Zahn actually incorporated it into the novel. Thrawn has a thicker accent when he first makes contact with the Empire but he slowly starts losing it later on. It fits with Lars and Mads' accents, which lean British but still have a noticeable hint of Danish in them.
>>
>>91703388
The shape of his face makes him look like a chimp.
>>
File: C9i0H3oUAAEkJpo.jpg (129KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C9i0H3oUAAEkJpo.jpg
129KB, 1200x900px
>>
>>91703332
eughh now that I see them side by side I really feel like they messed up Thrawn's design for Rebels. His forehead combined with the receding hairline looks so stupid.

>>91703388
>that's how he looks in canon
okay yeah because they've never taken creative liberties when moving a cartoon character to live action before oh wait
>>
>>91703326
What's funny is that Darth Vader was that kind of character, not some emotionless flat badass. He was always meant to be pathetic, straight from Lucas' mouth. All he did with prequel Anakin was create the kind of character he always saw Vader as.
>>
>>91703119
Samus, and the character she's based upon Ellen Ripley, are probably the only two examples of this. Possibly the mom from Terminator.
>>
>>91703415
>Ignoring my post
They clearly have taken librities, but like I said, his novel artwork has the slim face too. It's clearly supposed to be his new design
>>
>>91703155
>his turn is a ploy devised by him and Luke to destroy Snoke and the First Order from within
that would be such a fantastic twist
I'd love it
>>
>>91703415
I'm not a fan of the hairline, I think his forehead is too large but I like that he has the odd forehead ridge to make him slightly more alien than just "human with blue skin"
>>
>>91703415
>okay yeah because they've never taken creative liberties when moving a cartoon character to live action before oh wait
Saw is a different case because the character itself ages more than two decades between cartoon version and live action version (prior to his rebels appearance, obviously)
>>
>>91703415
>eughh now that I see them side by side I really feel like they messed up Thrawn's design for Rebels. His forehead combined with the receding hairline looks so stupid.
It's just the stylization
>>
>>91703332
The one on the left is from a show that uses a deliberately not quite realistic art style for its characters. Their Tarkin for example as a similar, slightly enlarged head
Lars done up in blue skin makeup with red contacts and eyeliner (and maybe a subtle glow around the eyes in after effects) could really creep you out, and that's a good thing. Even if he's on the heroes side, Thrawn should be deeply unsettling. Not only is he renowned to the audience as one of Star Wars' greatest villains, he's just generally an unsettling dude. That's something the Thrawn novel is huge on, this idea that Thrawn is odd and downright alien. Lars could really sell that
>>
>>91703409
Thats what I call trying too hard.
What's wrond with the classical triangular shape?
>>
File: thrawn.png (91KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
thrawn.png
91KB, 1024x576px
>>91703430
Yeah, even the other mediums have that look too. The Black Series figure, the Force Arena model, etc.
>>
>>91703416
honestly the way George has talked about characters like Vader years later that contradict the way he was portrayed in the films just makes me think of
>MY OC MINE
which I guess is fine since he did create the characters but shit like saying Vader was never redeemed at the end of Jedi even though that's the whole point of the movie's ending considering how much Luke says to both Leia and Vader that there's still good in him and Vader's dying words being "Tell your sister... you were right" strongly imply Luke was right about his redemption. What else would Luke be right about?
>>
>>91703479
He's not fully redeemed because he never makes up for the shit he did. He just died doing one good thing finally. But in most people's sense, he's not a redeemed character.

It was enough for him to return to the light, but still.
>>
>>91703431
I really think it fits with my interpretation of the scene where Ben kills Han also. The dialogue exchange in that scene and the way it's shot make me think that Han either let his son kill him to keep the plan going or is the one who activated the lightsaber himself since he was holding it at that moment as well. He tells his son he's willing to do anything to help him and he meant it.
>>
File: Uma-Thurman.jpg (169KB, 1400x924px) Image search: [Google]
Uma-Thurman.jpg
169KB, 1400x924px
>>91703429
Here's another. I never saw anyone complain about her either.
>>
>>91703431
If this was the plot, I doubt Luke helped come up with it. What I could see is that being Kylo's initial plan, but he got in too deep and actually became what he was just pretending to be. Going too far to complete your goals, etc.

But I doubt that's the plot. Kylo doesn't seem like he's in an undercover role. He seems to be under the impression that he's doing the right thing by following Snoke.
>>
>>91703479
I think the issue there is that redemption is a strong word and can have a number of interpretations. Vader did come back to the light and Luke was right, and while redemption is one way to describing it, the word can also be taken to mean that it makes up for everything he ever did, which isn't really the case. Maybe to Luke this redeems him, but to someone like Leia even if he turned good at the end it doesn't erase all the evil he did.
>>
>>91699211
um
anon...
>>
>>91703376
Oh neat
It's interesting that there is "realistic" concept art for something that's going to be in Lego
>>91703325
>>91703358
>>91703387
>>91703409
These are super cool
>>
>>91703510
And it explains the weird struggle with the lightsaber, and why Kylo looks quite so shocked

I'm personally not fond of the theory (I like the idea that Kylo realized that was a point of no return, did it anyway only to realize it didn't make him stronger) but I could see it happening
>>
>>91703510
Han activating the saber himself has been debunked.
>>
>>91703550
It also doesn't jive with Han's shocked expression or Kylo's cold "thank you"
>>
>>91703576
I mean... Would you not be shocked if you stabbed yourself through the chest by a lightsaber?
>>
>>91703576
maybe he was shocked at how much it hurt even if he expected it

like even you knew someone was going to punch your arm you'd still probably flinch
>>
>>91703605
Not if it's what you intended to do
>>
>>91703623
Pain is pain, even if you brace for it. And getting stabbed by a searing hot beam of plasma probably hurts a lot.
>>
>>91703058
I like how Battlefront 2 2 is copying a bit from the original.

And when I mean like I mean fuck off dice.
>>
>>91703623
Please, prove it by stabbing yourself with a knife in the thigh and filming it. If you manage to remain stone-faced though the process, I'll believe you.
>>
>>91703623
Was getting killed part of your plan?!
>>
File: 1355971511750.jpg (109KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1355971511750.jpg
109KB, 500x380px
>people actually think Han stabbed himself
>>
>>91703665
PERHAPS HE WAS WONDERING WHY SOMEONE WOULD STAB A MAN... BEFORE THROWING THEM OFF OF A BRIDGE
>>
>>91703605
His shock looked less "wow I didn't think that would hurt so bad" and more "why, son?"
>>
File: STAR WARS EPISODE 8.jpg (35KB, 1381x89px) Image search: [Google]
STAR WARS EPISODE 8.jpg
35KB, 1381x89px
>>91703690
>And that is why you shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane
>>
>>91703698
What are you, an expert on Han Solo's facial expressions?
>>
File: 1460479173295.jpg (517KB, 1280x4788px) Image search: [Google]
1460479173295.jpg
517KB, 1280x4788px
>>91703690
>>91703759
>>
>>91703759
I would've said "well good luck getting Ford to come back for another movie" but they somehow talked him into showing up at Celebration again so who knows anymore
>>
>>91703795
as much as Harrison shits on it he'd probably do it for the $$$
>>
>>91703795
They probably snuck in a clause in his contract that allows them to make him come to Celebration and/or Comic-con

Which explains why Ford seems to consistently have plane "accidents" right before he's scheduled to appear.
>>
>>91703795
They most likely wanted him there to shill for the Han Solo movie, but he nipped that in the bud instantly. Then again, he is doing Indiana Jones 5 with them still anyway so it's not like he is completely divorced from them to begin with. Hell, he might even be coming around to making appearances like that for the fans now that he got what he wanted from his character.
>>
>>91702830
>Finn
>Poe
>Ezra
>Kanan

Seriously. What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>91703795
>nuCanon keeps pushing the idea that non-sensetive people can use the Force just a little bit
Force Ghost of Han when?
>>
>>91703855
I wonder what his favorite role was out of all the parts he played in his career. Or what movie he found most pleasant to make.
>>
>>91702905
>Oversaturation meme
>Marvel formula meme
Come up with something original, anon -- those are stale.
>>
>>91703475
Is there a source for these character models? I know they're from a game but is there like an imgur album for all these?
>>
>>91703868
finn and poe are non-characters, and while Ezra and Kanan are good role models, they routinely job to sabine
>>
>>91703759
>>91703795
Han got stabbed clean through the chest (and possibly the heart) by a lightsaber that then stayed inside him for several seconds (so his lungs are probably cooked from the heat of plasma, and his spine is definitely severed). Then he fell down one of those standard issue bottomless pits you get on Imperial installations. Then that bottomless pit was blown up by Poe. Then the base that bottomless bit was in blew up. Then the continent that base was on blew up. Then the PLANET that base was on also blew up. Then, finally, it blew up into a brand new star.
At this point literally none of Han's constituent atoms are around anymore. He's more Hydrogen Solo now
He's dead, get the fuck over it already
>>
>>91702990
>watching The Crown (kino btw)
Good taste, anon.

> Peter Capaldi was even a main character in Children of Earth as well
Still good taste, anon
>>
>>91703897
explain phasma and maul
>>
>>91703874
Pretty sure it's Indy actually. He loves that character and has said he had way more fun making those movies than Star Wars. I think it really comes down to him liking old adventure serials that inspired that rather than science fiction/fantasy stuff.
>>
>>91703920
Maul survived through pure RAGE
>>
>>91703795
It was probably to honour carrie fisher more than anything. not showing up would have made him look bad too
>>
>>91703920
Phasma got thrown into a trash compactor. In a movie as in love with ANH as TFA was, do I really need to explain how likely it is she could survive that?

As for Maul, he did get cut in half but he used the Force to sustain himself through raw hate because that's how the Force works when Lucas is writing it. That and while his death looked pretty final it was by no means as thorough as Han's was
>>
>>91703920
>explain phasma

We're getting a comic to do just that
>>
>>91703896
>muh persecution complex
Ezra and Kanan have been the leads of the show for the entire series.

Saying Finn and Poe are non-characters is like saying Han and Chewie or Padme are non-characters because they're not the lead. Poe has his own comic.
>>
>>91703920
Phasma clearly escaped in the nick of time with Kylo Ren and Hux. Maul Didn't fall down a bottomless pit on a planet that was exploding.
>>
>>91703920
Maul (and Anakin, for that matter) were Sith; fury and pain give them power. I think Maul surviving is really silly, but there's canon reasoning for it. IIRC there's a comic that explains how he got out as well.
As for Phasma, she wasn't wounded, and she was probably aware of how to get from the trash compactor to some sort of means of escape - an airfield, probably. It's not like trash compactors are particularly hard to get out of (t. OT). Plus, odds are they're going to explain that in a comic/book as well.
>>
>>91703969
>That's how the Force works when Lucas is writing it.

You make it sound like it was a bad thing, Maul coming back was one of the best parts of TCW
>>
Any official images of Eli from the thrawn book yet?

Also, I'm exclusively listening to the audiobook version and im wondering how Thrawns monologues are portrayed in text. Is it even mentioned that it's thrawn himself when analyzing the facial expressions of characters?
>>
>>91703930
That makes sense, Harrison seems like the type of guy who'd prefer those old adventure serials over the 50's sci-fi that Star Wars is inspired by

Speaking of, have they said anything about Indy 5 beyond that its happening? Because its not like they can go back to the 30's throughout the whole movie, so is it flashbacks narrated by old Indy with the action being a new guy, or are they plowing forward into the 50's and 60's with old Indy?
>>
>>91703945
Jesus fucking Christ, I hate this bullshit reason.
Getting stabbed through the chest by my own son would make me pretty mad.
Losing your hand and getting betrayed by your master after he promesed you a trial and an amnesty is pretty infuriating, yet Dooku is dead.
I bet, Palpatine wasnt happy about being picked up like a sack of potatoes and thrown into the reactor shaft after all the time and effort he invested into the world domination. And yet, he is deceased.

Fucking TCW.
>>
File: Michael_Cera_2012_(Cropped).jpg (945KB, 866x1205px) Image search: [Google]
Michael_Cera_2012_(Cropped).jpg
945KB, 866x1205px
>>91704016
I like to imagine he looks like pic related
>>
>>91703984
>Maul Didn't fall down a bottomless pit on a planet that was exploding.
You get the exploding bit right. The rest though...
>>
>>91704019
As far as I know, all they've confirmed about it is a release date in June of 2019.
>>
>>91698685
I was under impression Sheev called for his Red Guardsmen and shock troopers to stop these Jedi assassins
>>
>>91704015
Not complaining, just saying that when Lucas writes the Force its very much a stand in for magic, as opposed to the more philosophical approaches I see a lot of people try to take

And yeah, Maul getting a second chance led to some of the best episodes of TCW. He kicked so much ass he forced Palpatine to actually do something himself for once
>>91704016
Nothing official for Vanto yet
And the bits where Thrawn analyzes facial expressions are italicized and bolded, after the first time encountering them its pretty clear its Thrawn's analysis of that character's state of mind
>>
>>91704061
That sentence is correct. Read it again.
>>
>>91704040
He's a SITH LORD you dingaling, not everybody can do it.

Maul used the same perversion of the Force to keep him alive, that kept Anakin alive in ROTS.
>>
>>91704040
Dooku got beheaded, even in a high magic setting that one is nigh impossible to come back to. Indeed, being beheaded is a classic weakness for immortals

Palpatine got thrown into an exploding reactor, unlike Maul who got thrown down a trash shaft and dumped on a junkyard world where he could find food and build himself new legs. Maul had time to survive and rebuild himself, Palpatine did not
>>
>>91704040
I think the way Maul survived is stupid, but consider the following:
>Getting stabbed through the chest by my own son would make me pretty mad.
Han isn't a Sith, and he was thrown into a bottomless pit on a planet that exploded.
>Losing your hand and getting betrayed by your master after he promesed you a trial and an amnesty is pretty infuriating, yet Dooku is dead.
He was decapitated. There's only so far dark side BS can go.
>I bet, Palpatine wasnt happy about being picked up like a sack of potatoes and thrown into the reactor shaft after all the time and effort he invested into the world domination. And yet, he is deceased.
Again, bottomless pit on a station that was about to explode. Plus, he wasn't nearly as nimble in his later years as he was before he went full Emperor, so even if he did survive the fall, he wouldn't likely have made it to any reasonable means of escape in time.
>>
>>91704040
as much as I like the idea of han magically returning to star wars, are you seriously defending surviving decapitation?

>>91704016
no, but I like to imagine him looking like Van Johnson the 1940s actor.

>>91704041
disgusting, off yourself
>>
>>91704090
>Maul Didn't fall
Wrong
>Maul Didn't fall down
Wrong
>Maul Didn't fall down a bottomless pit
Wrong
>Maul Didn't fall down a bottomless pit on a planet
Wrong
>Maul Didn't fall down a bottomless pit on a planet that was exploding.
Well, I guess, you got me there.
>>
>>91704041
He can't play Eli in the movie. He's busy with the Shaft reboot.
>>
>>91704138
You have serious comprehension issues anon. The sentence is accurate and correct. Go back to school and pay attention in English this time.
>>
File: ackchyually.png (21KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
21KB, 700x700px
>>91703479
>>91703509
Actually, I'd argue that why he turned (trying to save his wife, not being able to let go or be passive) is why the force allowed him to come back to the light, since the cosmic force would be sympathetic to that kind of thing then Lucas' original plan where he just turned evil because he was a punk bitch and was butthurt about the Jedi.
>>
>>91704138
It wasn't a bottomless pit so the last 3 are actually correct
>>
File: Autism.jpg (54KB, 305x309px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
54KB, 305x309px
>>91704138
Yeah the full sentence is generally needed to make something make sense, anon.

Glad you have figured this out.

Also, the post was right from the moment "bottomless" was said, because it should be very apparent that the pit was not bottomless.

The chasm on Cloud City was clearly not bottomless either, as Luke was able to land somewhere. Maul did that too, not hard to figure out.
>>
>>91704140
>Mr Cera is unavailable sir
>Get me his spaghetti equivalent then!
>>
File: rIwMgQqQxMkIVoK-1600x900-noPad.jpg (38KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
rIwMgQqQxMkIVoK-1600x900-noPad.jpg
38KB, 960x540px
Well, fuck all y'all.
>>
Am I the only person who imagines Eli as looking like Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys but with more serious glasses and a more realistic facial expression? Also more in shape obviously.
>>
>>91704131
>no, but I like to imagine him looking like Van Johnson the 1940s actor.
That's an oddly specific choice.
>>
>>91704337
it worked because he has that goody two shoes boy next door hick quality about him
>>
>>91704292
>Thrawn goes into long explanation about how he figured out an opponent's strategy based on their first word
>Deeeeecent.
>>
>>91704292
Honestly I just pictured him looking like Lyste- a moderate height officer with a slim figure and fairly generic features. It'd be boring if that's what he looked like, but that's how I kept picturing him.
>>
>>91704292
Probably should have posted a more serious picture of the actor.
>>
Who's Eli?
>>
>>91704292
Probably
I know I just imagined a more in shape Martin Freeman, but that might have just been my decision to just use Sherlock characters in my mind because holy fuck is Thrawn at his most Holmes in this book
>>
>>91704380
Thrawn's sidekick in the Thrawn novel
>>
>>91704292
>>91704355
>Now, Eli -- you have expertise in shipping, right?
>Yeah, I haul shopping carts out of the Sarlacc and sell 'em for a living so give me a fuckin' check.
>>
>>91704380
New Pellaeon ripoff in the new Thrawn book.
>>
>>91704380
Eli Vanto, Thrawn's translator, social guide and confidant in the new Thrawn novel
He's basically Thrawn's personal Watson complete with teaching Eli how to strategize like Thrawn because he can see the potential in the young Ensign
>>
>>91704396
>Pellaeon ripoff
Eli certainly isn't the Pellaeon stand in.

Yularen is that in the book.
>>
File: eli_vanto_by_caerueleus-db2qdow.jpg (537KB, 615x933px) Image search: [Google]
eli_vanto_by_caerueleus-db2qdow.jpg
537KB, 615x933px
>>91704016
Nothing official, I did find this fanart though, which I don't really like since it makes him too prettyboy.
>>
>>91704355
>Eli: "What the fuck Thrawn?! Emperor Palpatine is gonna be here in 30 minutes to see my Lothcat daycare in the goddamn Death Star and you have all this fuckin art sitting around everywhere! What the hell is this? Is this a statue of a gamorean with his dick out?"
>Thrawn: "That is the god Guthura from the mythology of the Gamoreans. He is believed to be based on a historical figure who united the tribes in the Filcora era."
>Eli: "Fucking hell man..."
>>
>>91704433
Yeah I've seen that, its definitely too bishounen for Eli. He's the son of cargo haulers from the edge of nowhere, he should look a little more down to earth, while feeling vaguely hard done by the universe
>>
has anyone else had problems opening images today or is it just my shit internet?
>>
>>91704433
That is pretty much the exact opposite of how I picture him. With his heavy southern accent in the audiobook I imagined him barely looking in place in an imperial uniform. Scruffy looking, hair borderline too long, etc
>>
>>91700860

no what was leaked was a regular sized tree.

Not a tree with an actual temple like structure inside.

you do realize there isn't prop or actual tree that size, right?
>>
>>91704482
Thought it was only my internet messing up.
>>
>>91704482
Thank god, I thought it was me. I have god tier internet and they've been taking time to load
>>
>>91704482
Hiroshima Nagasaki brought the shitty is2.4chan image hosting server back
>>
>>91703366

lol she's in 6 inch heels, retard.

sasha has a nice ass bare footed.
>>
>>91704494
>Not a tree with an actual temple like structure inside.
This was my understanding of what leaked since the very beginning anon.

That the Jedi Temples were modeled after the original temple, the giant tree, and I've had plenty of discussion about it in these threads before in fact.

This thread is the first I heard of people thinking the tree was regular sized
>>
>>91704519
>>91704520
>>91704528
wew laddos thanks for sharing
mr. nip please fix your website
>>
>>91704530

Yeah. ANYONE's ass looks good if you get them in high enough heels. It's how you look normally that's the important factor. Do you even kinky boots?
>>
>>91704540

eh, i've only seen it discussed on /tv/, but they were probably memeing.
>>
>>91704482
Russian hackers just keep getting away with it.
>>
>>91704494
Actually, if you adjust the gamma levels on some of the trailer shots, you get something that looks a hell of a lot like a tree
>>
File: johnsonvan01.jpg (106KB, 711x900px) Image search: [Google]
johnsonvan01.jpg
106KB, 711x900px
>>91704543
>>91704598
for over a decade the image host url was i.4cdn, then late last year it became is.4chan and is2.4chan, both equally terrible slow low-bandwidth bullshit, for a few months it had disappeared but now its back with a vengeance

also for the record this is what Van Johnson looks like
>>
>>91704639
CHEATER
>>
>>91704394
>>91704396
>>91704423
Okay that's why I didn't recognize the name
>>
File: 1442954466566.gif (397KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442954466566.gif
397KB, 720x480px
>mfw no images want to load
Just shut it down boys, what's the point of a korean jpg exchange board if you can't even look at the jpgs.
>>
>>91704639
Yeah, that's definitely a tree. Maybe it's the same "structure" as the one with the books in?
>>
>>91704639
I bet its going to be explained that the tree in TCW, and the trees in Shattered Empire, were seeds from this tree
>>
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/04/hasbro-fan-choice-vote-swnn-finalists-revealed.html
>Well, the votes are in and we find ourselves in a similar place as we were last year. A concentrated effort from a specific subset of fans have skewed the results towards a single legends figure, while the rest of fandom split your votes in smaller amounts among 91 of your favorite Star Wars figures.

The votes for the new figures are in!
And surprise surprise EU peeps rigged it.

>This year’s vote tally is a bit of a mess. There are accusations of ballot box stuffing by recruiting non-fans to vote in multiple places to boost the agenda of the legends fans. Our friends over at the Jedi Temple Archives in particular are very convinced that some less than fair is happening here.
>To that end, you will see 7 rather than 6 top recipients in the list below. Since we are unable to independently prove that there is something nefarious going on, we will not omit Ben Skywalker from our submissions, but we will include our #7 figure and make Hasbro aware of the accusations and efforts around this contest and allow them to decide whether Ben Skywalker should be eligible for the final vote.

Here are the characters:

>Ben Skywalker

>Doctor Aphra
YESSSSSSSSS

>Pong Krell

>Bendu

>Arc Trooper Fives

>Assaj Ventress

>Satele Shan

Those are the characters from the SWNN poll. I don't really understand what happens now since there are so many forums that do these polls.
>>
File: 1346900285325.jpg (29KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
1346900285325.jpg
29KB, 499x500px
>>91704930
>Bendu
>Aphra
>Ben

what a fucking joke
>>
>>91704930
>Pong Krell
Neato.
>>
File: Aphra Disgust.png (150KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
Aphra Disgust.png
150KB, 299x299px
>>91704949
>not wanting a Bendu or Aphra figure
>>
>>91704959
I wish I had Aphra's figure
>>
>>91703387
>real MOC exists

fuck yeah
>>
>>91704844
Most likely, they both look the same degree of gnarled and ancient. And it would be fitting for the first Jedi Temple to have such a large tree in its grounds considering how important the tree in the Coruscant temple was in TCW
>>91704894
That would follow, and set up an interesting failed metaphor. The original intent would be to take seeds from this tree and plant them in every new Jedi Temple, symbolizing the idea of taking the original Jedi ideals but also being aware of how to adapt them to your Temples surroundings. But over time, as the Temple faded from memory, the Jedi become more dogmatic
>>
>>91704930
Aphra, Fives and Ventress are the only ones there that I think really should get a figure

>Bendu
How
>>
>>91704983
Same

>>91704959
I'd buy it for sure
>>
>>91704639

i know it's a tree. it's fuck huge tree, though. with a temple like structure in it.

the set pics we got a long time ago just showed a normal sized tree.
>>
>there are no jedi in bloodlines even though Luke has some huge temple and is already training Kylo at that point

Weird. I mean, there could be Jedi but they just aren't mentioned in Bloodlines.
>>
>>91705034
They did a LOT of closed set shooting, its possible that tree in that shot is actually on a set, hence why its hard to see the rest of the island with Luke in the way
Or the tree is actually some kind of Force TARDIS that's bigger on the inside
>>
>>91705052
nucanon is a mess
>>
>>91705052
He doesn't have a huge temple, its implied he's still wandering the galaxy seeking the first Temple even then, just dragging Ben and the rest of Luke's students/followers behind him
I bet you that giant Temple we saw was already a ruin that Kylo burned down again to make sure he got everyone. Or to just make a statement to Luke. Probably both
>>
>>91705098
Stop

>>91705052
That book was focused on Leia and politics. You said yourself there are nods to Luke and Kylo training.

It's been like 20 years since ROTJ, there's aren't really going to be Jedi everywhere, they need to be trained.
>>
>>91705070

or they used cgi to enhance a normal sized tree lol.

also, i really hope luke is just being disillusioned and the story isn't headed to the actual end of the jedi.

>>91705098

i mean, if they were around, it would be incredibly rare, more so than before, to see them.

but you think they would be involved in the events of bloodlines.... or not. who knows what they're doctrines are.
>>
>>91704930
These aren't the official finalists, though. Just to finalists for this particular site. Other sites like Rebelscum.com are also holding their own votes, and final votes from all sites will determine who the actual finalists are.

Here's Rebelscum's for example:
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_Vintage_Collection_Fans_Choice_Poll_Results_173428.asp

1) Yak Face from Return of the Jedi
2) Ben Skywalker from the Expanded Universe
3) Sim Aloo from Return of the Jedi
4) Doctor Aphra from Marvel Comics
5) Tonnika Sisters from A New Hope
6) Pong Krell from the Clone Wars Series

There's some overlap so characters like Aphra, Ben and Krell have a strong change of making it to the final poll.
>>
File: bush-trump.jpg (106KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bush-trump.jpg
106KB, 1920x1080px
>>91705098
>>91705098
"The Expanded Universe is a big, fat mess."

-t. 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump
>>
>>91705052
Luke has students/acolytes who are following him around.
>>
>>91705133
Oh is that how it works?
So they compile the final poll by looking at the most popular ones at all the different sites?

I really hope Aphra gets to be in it. She'd probably not make it in the final poll though :(
>>
>>91704930
>Aphra
>Pong Krell
>Fives

I'm not sure if I can choose. On one hand, more Clones/troopers are always a good thing, especially if it's best boi, on the other hand, delicious 2d buttcheeks, and then the guy with another other hand, who would just be a lot of fun as a figure
>>
>>91705154

I guess that makes sense.
>>
>>91705161
Yeah, a number of sites host their own poll, and the winners of those polls compete to form the official final Hasbro poll.
>>
File: trioculus-vs-thrawn.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
trioculus-vs-thrawn.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
>>91705148
>>91705098
>>
>>91705133
>>91705190
Just to add to this, here's the finalists from Jedi Temple Archives

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=20155/#details

1. Yak Face (Saelt Marae)
2. Jedi Temple Guard (The Clone Wars)
3. Sim Aloo (Imperial Dignitary)
4. Tonnika Sister
5. Emperor Palpatine (ROTJ)
6. Admiral Piett

Just to clarify, these is for the revived Vintage Collection 3.75" line and not the 6" Black Series
>>
File: 1450773637505.jpg (15KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1450773637505.jpg
15KB, 318x318px
>>91705221
>Yak face
but y
>>
>>91705190
Ah alright
>>
>>91705260
He has a bit of a following among collectors. That's also why you're going to see Sim Aloo and the Tonnika Sisters on a lot of these polls- Sim Aloo is one of the few vintage figures that hasn't been made in the modern line, and the Tonnikas have been requested for ages but never made due to a controversy that may or may not even be real (supposedly one of the actresses playing them never signed her rights away- this has been disputed, but Hasbro still insists they can't make the Tonnikas for legal reasons but have never clarified exactly why).
>>
>>91705128
The fact that Luke is leading his merry band of students around the galaxy in search of Jedi artifacts shows that he hasn't really formulated a doctrine yet, and is still trying to get to the core of being a Jedi
>>
>>91705331
You'll likely find its a situation where she probably did sign her rights away, but that contract got lost in the shuffle (the mind boggles when imagining the amount of paperwork that must exist for model rights in Star Wars) and Hasbro don't want to accidentally risk a lawsuit for unlawful use of image, nor do they want to release a model of the one sister they know they have the rights for when they're described and known as a pair
>>
File: Flash_.gif (874KB, 800x547px) Image search: [Google]
Flash_.gif
874KB, 800x547px
>>91704930
>EU beats trash new canon once again
>Finally getting a Ben Skywalker figure

Thank you based democracy!
>>
@91705442
Stop being a shitter
>>
>>91705394
Either it's stupid of people to waste a slot on them knowing Hasbro is going to say no. Even if they win enough votes to make it to the final poll Hasbro's probably just going just disqualify the Tonnikas.
>>
>>91705442
>>Finally getting a Ben Skywalker figure

but anon....
>>
New
>>91705490
>>91705490
>>91705490
>>
>>91705485
That's Not-Jacen Solo, not Ben Skywalker. Which reminds me, I need a Darth Caedus BS figure to go with my Kylo Ren right fucking now.
>>
>>91705502
>Solo
>he doesn't know
>>
>>91705485

That's Ben Solo, not Skywalker.
>>
>>91705519
>MUH LUKE AND LEIA INCEST BABY meme

That shit is my fetish, and even I think that theory is gross and dumb as fuck.
>>
>>91705477
Fan polls are fucking stupid, and especially so in Star Wars, the fuck else is new
Thread posts: 607
Thread images: 110

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.