[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain to me the perceived difference in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: 1490657146708.jpg (41KB, 429x377px) Image search: [Google]
1490657146708.jpg
41KB, 429x377px
Can someone please explain to me the perceived difference in quality between MCU and DCEU movies?
I've seen all of them. I go to them all opening night because I'm a fucking loser. I'm not a brand loyal autist so I have no dog in this dumb brand war.
But seriously how can someone say Ant Man was SO MUCH better than Batman vs Superman? Suicide Squad was definitely bad, but I hardly see any real difference in quality between movies like Man of Steel and Iron Man 3, yet the review scores are completely polarizing.
Both MCU and DCEU movies are mostly just mediocre as hell, with a few good standouts (Iron Man, TWS, BvS are probably my favorite so far). Hell, I would even go as far as to say the Fox-Marvel universe is better than both the MCU and DCEU per movie.

Justice League and Wonder Woman will no doubt get shit on hard by reviewers, but they will hardly be any worse than GoTG2 or Spiderman: Homecoming.

Is there something I'm missing? Sure they're not being judged based on source material accuracy, because the MCU is just as bad in that regard.
>>
>>91280755
>Is there something I'm missing?
I don't think so. People just make pointless comparisons. Comic book fans have been this way since the beginning.
>>
We have this thread every day.

I just hate the grimdark snyder superman that they tried to crib from Nolan and Watchmen
>>
>>91280755
DC movies try to be more mature but so far the directors have overdone it in the edge department.

Marvel movies are gritty Disney.
>>
>>91281703
>Marvel movies are gritty Disney.
in what universe are Marvel movies even remotely gritty

fucking Pirates of the Caribbean are more gritty than MCU movies
>>
>>91281754
So I'm using you haven't seen Winter Soldier, or Civil War.
>>
>>91280755
>how can someone say Ant Man was SO MUCH better than Batman vs Superman?
Ant-Man was a fun, fairly cohesive 2 hours.
Batman v Superman was 3 hours of pretentiously serious men in rubber suits being mad at each other while trying to shoehorn in a villain and set up an entire universe and leaves you feeling like you missed something.
>>
>>91281885
This.
>>
>>91281852
Literally both just Disney movies with a dark moment or two

Fucking Mulan was darker than those movies
>>
>>91281885
>fun
manchild buzzword used to defend shitty movies that make them giggle every 10 minutes or so
>>
>>91282062
i prefer bright and colorful to dark anyways
>>
File: c6bb72897f80-600x400.jpg (34KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
c6bb72897f80-600x400.jpg
34KB, 600x400px
>>91282100
>MCU
>colorful
>>
>>91282085
Take the stick out of your ass, my dude.
>>
>>91282363
sorry i want something to actually be quality and not rehashed Disney formula garbage
>>
Nothing against Marvel, but I think their films have sort of influenced the general idea of what a CBM should be.

And I'm with you, Fox does it better.
>>
>>91282062
>>Implying Iron Man watching a tape his being murdered isn't dark.
>>
>>91282735
that was typical "one dark scene per movie" disney dark
>>
>>91282582
>Fox does it better.
>>ignoring X3, F4, Tranktastic, Daredevil, Elektra,X-men Origins.
>>Pretending all Fox movies are Deadpool and Logan.
>>
>>91282582
>Fox does it better.
Ah yes, Fant4stic was indeed the pinnacle of comic book movies.

Look I like Logan and Deadpool as much as the next guy but come the fuck on son
>>
>>91282753
>>Implying Scarlet Witch accidentally killing a ton of people isn't dark.
>>
>>91282849
Most MCU movies are fucking schlock.
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
Sometimes I think the "Fox is soo much better than MCU and DCEU" crowd are the ultimate contrarian hipsters.

Absolutely nothing in the MCU or DCEU is as bad as Fant4stic or Wolverine Origins. Nothing.
>>
>>91280755
>>>/tv/
>>
>>91282062
Gritty for Disney isn't very gritty. That's why I said gritty for Disney.
>>
>>91283001
Thor 2
Iron Man 2
Suicide Squad

>protip: not everyone runs on RT scores
>>
>>91282973
Well yeah there's Thor 2 IM3 Hulk.
No wait that's three movies out of 13.
>>
>>91283017
>>91282990
>wahhhhhh get on your knees and blow MCU cock or get the fuck back to /tv/ wahhhhhh
>>
>>91283037
Even if I hate Suicide Squad, those were all functional movies (SS incredibly barely so but still)

Fant4stic actually ended careers and Origins was so bad they actively want to pretend it never existed so hard that it was removed from the canon.
>>
>>91283057
doctor strange, avengers 2, ant man, thor, thor 2, iron man 2, iron man 3, and civil war were all either bad or medicore tbqh
>>
>>91283037
Not even fucking close. All 3 of those have some redeeming factors, which cannot be said for Fant4stic and Origins.
>>
>>91283037
>>Implying those movies are anywhere near as bad.
>>
>>91280755
You know how someone used to third rate well done beef can't really appreciate the taste of a rare wagyu cut, much less other properly done meat?

That is you.

Marvel isn't even a great cut, but it's competently put together. You're just so used to overcooked shoe soles, you can't tell well prepared stuff from garbage.

You have my pity and my mockery.
>>
>>91283117
OK you're clearly retarded.
>>
>>91283152
this

isn't

reddit

you

don't

have

to

space

this

you

fatass

retard
>>
>>91283169
>you're retarded for thinking movies I like are bad
This is the manchild mindset.
>>
>>91283098
>>91283118
>>91283123
Like I said, not everyone runs on RT scores like you faggots do. Those movies are just bad to me. Not "37% bad" or what the fuck ever you autists are obsessed with. It all goes in the same trash bin.
>>
>>91283171
I'm sorry.

I'm sorry whatever shithole you're from doesn't teach kids how to do paragraphs, punctuation or even how to use captalization. But not to worry my gramtically challenged friend, if you devote some time to studying hard you may some day learn how to write like a human instead of the barn raised inbred donkey you are.
>>
>>91283402
Paragraphs are at least 3 sentences, shit for brains. Get the fuck out of my thread before I choke you the fuck out.
>>
>>91283233
We aren't talking about RT, you're the only one bringing that up, the simple fact is those movies are bad but no where near as bad as Tranktastic or Origins.
>>
>>91283482
They're still shit though, is my point.

I hardly care which one smells the least worst.
>>
>>91283523
And our point is, Marvel's and DC's lows have been nowhere near as bad as Fox's but you couldn't argue that and kept bringing up RT.
>>
>>91283636
The past is the past. Logan is better than anything the MCU has shat out.
>>
>>91280755
Marvel pays critics more.
>>
>>91283676
NOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT CAN'T BE TRUE

IT'S NOT LIKE DISNEY ISN'T A MULTIBILLION DOLLAR CONGLOMERATE CORPORATION, ARGUABLY THE MOST POWERFUL ONE IN THE ENTIRE MOVIE INDUSTRY!

IT'S INSANE TO THINK THAT THEY WOULD PAY $200 HERE AND THERE TO STRUGGLING WRITERS TO SHILL FOR THE MOVIE!
>>
>>91283668
And once more since you can't give an actual argument, you're just bringing up stuff that had nothing to do with it.
Pretty sad really.
>>
>>91283442
Okay... You do realize you can't choke people through the internet, right?

>Paragraphs are at least 3 sentences
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph
>A paragraph consists of one or more sentences.
Like I said before, you need to get some english lessons. I know brazilian children with a better grasp of the language than you seem to have.
>>
>>91283758
shoo shoo mcushill
>>
>>91283789
Yup. Really sad.
>>
>>91283819
I know, mcushills really have no dignity.
>>
>>91280755
Who's that semen demon?
>>
>>91283844
Yeah, I'm sure, certainly not because you can't think of an argument to save your life.
>>
>>91284357
Kill yourself, retard.
>>
>>91280755
>Justice League and Wonder Woman will no doubt get shit on hard by reviewers, but they will hardly be any worse than GoTG2 or Spiderman: Homecoming.

Your tastes are horrible and so are you.
>>
>>91285076
Ugh, right!!!??? Everyone knows GOTG2 and Spiderman: Iron Man Edition will be fucking EPIC
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.