[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Makes up a new language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: lmao.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>the people speaking it speaks it with a super heavy american accent

>pronounces every word like an american just reading made up gibberish on a piece of paper

>a-va-ka, se-ku-la a-va-ka, se-ku-la!
yeah just read this like you would read the daily senpai and you'll be good
Why do writers do such a shitty job with fictional languages /co/?
>>
It's a made up language. Who says it can't share American phonetics?
>>
>>91264678
becuase its imersion breaking?

i want my fictional languages to sound actually made up or fictional, not like an american just reading made up shit
>>
>>91264660
Make up your own fictional language that's good right now.
>>
>>91264678
>>91264770
If you are american is it really not immersion breaking?
>>
>>91264845
Please don't avoid my post. Make up a language that's good according to your standard. I'm curious to hear what you think a good vocal fictional language should sound like.
>>
>>91264892
Only thing I can think of is skyrim dovah language. Plus you know how hard it is to make up a language that won't sound like an already existing language with its own grammatical rules etc? It really makes no sense for writers to go through all the research and work to do it If the language will only be used for like 1 or 2 episodes and only a small portion of it.
>>
>>91265741
>Plus you know how hard it is to make up a language that won't sound like an already existing language with its own grammatical rules etc?
This
Tolkien Spent his whole damn life making up a made up language and even after death he never finished it. Add the insult maybe a handful of people readily know it and could translate it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_constructed_by_J._R._R._Tolkien
>>
>>91265793
To be fair there's only so many ways to communicate and describe linear events without purposfully making it clunky, in which case the language would just get simplified by it's users anyway.
>>
>>91264749
>becuase its imersion breaking?
Only if you're autistic.

I'm sorry you're autistic, anon.

No I'm not.
>>
>>91265741
>Only thing I can think of is skyrim dovah language
>>91264660
>FUS-ROH-DAH
>yeah just read this like you would read the daily senpai and you'll be good
Talk about double standards.
>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/tv/
Fucking really.
>>
>>91264660
that sounds like something out of Bible Black.
>>
>>91264660

Anon, not everyone can be Emi Evans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgJ9wQTl9dk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2IocBjVxrU
>>
Writers don't talk to or direct the voice actors.
>>
>>91264660
I always thought the "swedish" scene in the movie "Top Secret" was genius. They literally didn't even try, just recorded the scene with regular dialog stand played everything backwards.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.