[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to become cartoonist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

I doodle ALOT. I ended up doing a funny little joke around comic when I was in highschool that the weirdos I called friends enjoyed and ever since then I've almost habitually just doodled little people. I can never come up with much story for them anymore, but I love doing it, and I'd love to get into animation when I have the money for the hardware required.
>>
>>90930896
Ew, that art is pretty shit my man. I guess you could draw something crappy-looking like Rick and Morty.
>>
>>90930951
Most "successful" american cartoons have atrocious styles so that is literally a non-issue. The horrible art has even been shown to grow on people, so yeah.
>>
>>90930896
You need to work on your anatomy

Once you know anatomy and can draw people, then you can make cartoony versions of them.

>>>/ic/
>>
>>90931041
Spoken like a true retard. I know /co/ is too autistic to realize this, but most successful cartoonists get by on 'muh style'. People who can draw accurate anatomy are a dime a dozen because every artist thinks its what they "need" to do.
>>
>>90930951
>>90931041
lol

bro you know damn well he doesn't need to do any of that.

please.

just shut the fuck up.

look at half the fucking garbage cartoons you see posted on here. blind people could draw them

you just have to do it consistently in one style, no matter how shitty, and on a consistent schedule. sucking penis, no matter what genitals you have, helps.

he'd be better off working on his blowjob skills than working on anatomy.

but if you do want to get better at drawing take their advice.
>>
>>90931119
What does being "good" at art even get you? Most retards that spend 15 hours on each pose never get around to actually making anything other then commissioned pinups because accurate anatomy on top of pleasing rendering leads to you taking too long to do anything.

If you wanna be a cartoonist op don't listen to a single moron who tells you to focus on studies. You need to focus on a CONSISTENT style and then work on your writing. You will get much farther and likely have more fun that way.
>>
File: Procrastination.png (296KB, 1128x1905px) Image search: [Google]
Procrastination.png
296KB, 1128x1905px
https://www.bloopanimation.com/5-reasons-you-wont-be-an-animator/
http://www.animatorisland.com/51-great-animation-exercises-to-master/
>>
No, no for sure that dude's right my proportions are atrocious, and perspective free handed with no straight edges and it results in garbage. I need to put in a lot more effort but these are just lazy doodles I scanned so I could color them on my phone in my down time. I have my good days and I have my bad. I have over 100 scans like these.that was just one of the more filled in ones.
>>
>>90930896
>animation

No clue. Just make some comics.
>>
>>90930896
this thread blows and your art sucks. at least post in an existing "work on your art" or "How's your webcomic" threads
>>
Also this is more of a hobby idea than full blown career, kinda an edsworld kinda thing. I guess cartoonist was a bad word choice, but making money off of it in someway would be a goal.
>>
>>90931638
I think my point is more, don't wait for that.

What you've got is a clear, defined style. It seems pretty consistent. That's the important part. And you love it. That's also awesome.

So make some comics, put them together in an ebook, post them on fucking tumblr and get it going. Don't wait until you've got art that makes biologists happy.

personally I would try a muted, water-color style to avoid being too rick and mortyish as the dude above said. but that's just my unsolicited opinion.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.