[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Runaways Pt. 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 188

Prior thread here.
>>90719740

Starting this guy from home. If you guys could send bumps on occasion it would be super appreciated.
>>
>>
>>
>>90726719
>>
>>
>>90726741
Thanks man.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90726767
No Problem.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Awesome
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Shameless copied from last thread:

Nico seems to have a thing for being mind controlled/influenced by Vampire-like beings:

>>90712684 (Cross-thread)
>>
>>
>>
>>90727127
Now I remember why I loved Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Spellcasting chicks are hot. Also Salem was the best character by far.
>>
>>90727161
Well, ok.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Thank you OP
>>
>>
>>90727524
Wait, wouldn't thay be able to atleast tell if it was a boy or a girl from the voice?
>>
>>
>>
This sequence is pretty cool

>>90727592
Maybe they're using a voice scrambler.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I love these gods
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90727808
burp
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90728108
Huh. Sympathy for the devil done right. Neat. OP is this Volume One? May pick this up at the library
>>
>>
>>90728155
This is indeed volume 1. We only got about 113 more pages to go.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
last bump for me, goodnight OP
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
OP's asleep?
>>
>>90728635
Goodnight /co/mrade

>>90729000
Sorry. Working on a powerpoint and getting sidetracked.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I hate you Molly. Also Chase and Gert's romance is one of the best things about this series.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
bamp
>>
>>
Everyone in this comic is a fucking dickhead lmao
>>
>>90729349
They are proper teens then. Nico does some err, questionable things in volume 2
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Alex, what are you doing!!!
>>
Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit
>>
My jaw literally dropped when I got to this moment the first go around. Nothing could have prepared me for this.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Ruthless
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This is some Lex Luthor levels of manipulation right here.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90729884
Damn Karolina is thirsty
>>
>>
>>
>>
ROASTED!!!!
>>
>>
I want whatever that frog is smoking.
>>
>>
>>
I feel like in every single appearance outside of his main titles, Captain America comes across condescending as fuck
>>
Going through my HDD, I see that I found a torrent for Vol3. I wonder if I should read it for the pain factor
>>
And thus we start our final issue of Runaways Vol 1. I hope everyone enjoyed!!!!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90730073
I actually thought the last couple issues of Vol. 3 were fairly strong, it's the beginning that completely loses me.
>>
>>90730070
He's a stern boyscout from another era. Doesn't stop him from being any less based.
>>
>>90730331
I'm briefly skimming through different issues because I had heard that the art was awful, and jesus it looks like Nico got a boob job half the time
>>
>>90729945
I completely understand why. Witches are hot....except when they're egotistical vain selfish lesbian witches like Willow Rosenburg.

>>90730367
I was half expecting him to say, "Shouldn't you be in bed right now? Tomorrow is a school day."
>>
Nico, not to sound cruel but I think you're grossly overestimating how much you think people give a shit about you. Then again you are an egocentric teenager so I'm not really surprised
>>
>>
>>90730367
I love the Illuminated Comics version of him. It's pretty much the Millar Ultimate version turned up to 11
>>
>>
>>
>>90730073
Does that Start at Whedon or Moore? Either way i didn't hate that stuff past that point past one unfortunate decision Immonen made that was retconned quickly after her run was cut short.

I don't really like Ramos as an artist but even he kinda grew on me in this case. The set up in that arc could have had.. or still have, a good payoff if anyone ever got around too it.

Even with the show coming I don't know if they can go back to it now. They've fucked up the characters so much in separate books. Some WAY more than others.
>>
A pretty fantastic end to the first volume of Runaways. Part of me really wants to do Vol. 2 tomorrow but it's considerably longer and I don't think I could do it in a single night. Something to think about though.

I hope to see you guys tomorrow in the Slott SPider-Epic thread! It's going to be a non-stop extravaganza of SLott and Yost!!!!
>>
>>90730488
Thank you OP.

How do you feel about talks of a TV show?
>>
>>90730478
Vol3 looks like it is Moore
>>
>>90730488
Thanks, OP. Catch you next time.
>>
>>90730488
Really enjoyed this. Thank you, OP
>>
>>90730510
I love the idea of a TV show but I don't have any faith they will make an adaptation of the first volume. If the attitude on /co/ earlier today is anything to go by, the general public is incapable of accepting the main black character be the villain and it would be incredibly racist to do so.

Also I don't know enough about the current makings of the show to really have a solid opinion. Do you know which network? Or whether it's a 30 or 60 min?

>>90730543
>>90730568
Really glad you guys enjoyed. I was a little worried when I started because peeps said it had already been done before. As long as at least one person enjoyed it then I think it's worth it =D
>>
>>90730446
Illuminated Captain America is an unstoppable force of patriotic nature. If I could vote for him to be president I would.
>The Ultimate Universe had the right idea on this front.
>>
>>90729386
AMAZINGLY questionable things!
>>
>>90730163
This is called foreshadowing kids
>>
>>90729670
This was one of the best twists.

And it caused so much butthurt.

But it's SO GOOD!
>>
>>90730073
That's the Moore run, after the Whedon run. It's . . . Got maybe 2 to 4 good issues and ends on a cliffhanger that's later resolved with a handwave in an issue of Daken: Dark Wolverine.
>>
So, when does Nico try to revive Alex, and how does she take his eventually "for real" resurrection?
>>
>>90730488
Thanks for the Storytime, anon!

>>90730510
I have my fingers crossed it doesn't suck.
>>
>>90730588
ProfessorBro, that thread earlier today was literally a false-flag operation. I wish DESU worked right now, but the same person has been posting that #boycottrunaways thing over and over trying to get /co/ to be outraged. When they first posted it, googling for that tag brought up one tweet, one barely looked at tumblr post, and the /co/ thread. It's someone trying to start an outrage machine

>>90730637
I need to reread it, but I was thinking of Nico emotionally manipulating people. Pushing away her boyfriend because she wants to break up with him by convincing him that someone in the past loves him, and getting super jealous that Karolina is happy
>>
>>90730726
Happens offscreen, is revealed in Vol. 2 #2. She is not pleased by his real return.

But it was written by a total jackass, so stupid things happen.
>>
>>90730751
You're right about it being a bait thread but there was a surprisingly amount of anons siding with the controversy.

I myself don't have too much of an opinion on it, I just think it was a neat story with a great cast.
>>
>>90730751
Nah, Victor was drooling over past girl WAY before that. Nico didn't really start going dark until she was tortured by her great grandmother.
>>
>>90730748
>I have my fingers crossed it doesn't suck.

I have a feeling it will. CW level pretty people doing naughty things. Molly's too old. Several race changes. Thin Gert. Brunette chad Chase.

I won't be subbing to Hulu for it that's for sure.

>>90730751
>Super Jealous about someone being happy.
She was kinda right though. Karolina never stopped to talk to Xavin, he really seemed to be falling apart right up until Whedon just snapped and said it was ok now.

I was really hoping they were going for a lesson in trangenderism in the sense that it wasn't as easy as the thought being a girl and they'd break up and lessons would be learned.

Also girls getting jealous about girls boyfriends is common. Not just that they're jealous about the "other" person taking up their time but also just being jealous about not having it themselves.

>>
>>90730974
My own tumblr (yes, I am /co/mblr scum) has been getting anon messages trying to get me to talk about that issue.

And I've argued with them in the past.

The way I figure it, it's pure projection based backlash. They identified with Alex as the first black nerd leader they ever saw and when they saw the spoilers, they were right cross.

And then declared it to be every negative thing under the sun, regardless of how much sense it made.
>>
>>90730751
was it as bad as professorbro is making it seem? How bad was it?

Also BUMP!!!! This thread needs more attention
>>
>>90730987
I have low expectations for it, but I WANT TO HOPE!
>>
be healed
>>
>>90730070
>Hey kids, wanna join Hydra?
>>
>>90730474
>2017
>Nico x Karo still isn't a thing
God dammit
>>
>>90729812
Why would she refer to them as Alex's parents?
>>
>>90737599
Slip of the tongue?
>>
>>90726634
Love this book,so a bumb.
>>
>>90730478
>Even with the show coming I don't know if they can go back to it now. They've fucked up the characters so much in separate books. Some WAY more than others.
Same. At this point I'd even accept Bendis as Runaways writer only because 30+ issues of nothing hapenning would be a) better than Hopeless and b) made better by him simply ignoring what Hopeless and others did.
>>
>>90730309
Stark tech taken out by switchblade ...
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 188

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.