[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have my own cartoon concept in development. The fact I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 40

File: Cartoon_Network_2010_logo.svg.png (53KB, 1594x954px) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon_Network_2010_logo.svg.png
53KB, 1594x954px
I have my own cartoon concept in development. The fact I don't have connections with the animation industry, or the fact I don't live in the same country it takes place in, are not what concern me anymore. It's that Cartoon Network is terrified of anything that isn't an Adventure Time clone, and all the other networks are either not fitting, would require heavy censorship, or require you to pay extra for them and therefore not enough exposure.
>>
Well, what's it about?
>>
>>90669997
It's not a clone of another show, that's for sure.
>>
>>90670067
Ok, but I'm curious to what it's about
>>
I have an idea for a cartoon about three gay-acting 10 year old boys. They believe walking to the toilet is a waste of time, so they just pee their pants whenever they need to go.
>>
>>90670092
It's about a group of kids who investigate supernatural occurrences. I know it sounds lame at the moment - I'm still working on the base concept. It's a largely character driven show, and I'm much farther in developing the characters, the world and individual episodes than I am with the reason they're together in the first place.
>>
>>90670107
Publish it as a furry flash series on inkbunny, they'll love it and you'll have infinite patreonbux
>>
>>90670221
Go to Netflix or Hulu.

You'll probably have better chances there
>>
>>90670221

>It's about a group of kids who investigate supernatural occurrences.
>It's not a clone of another show

I'm getting conflicting messages here. Do you really think that idea hasn't been done before? It's a fucking cliche at this point.
>>
>>90670221

So you want to make Gravity Falls? Pretty sure that already exists.
>>
File: feels-2400px.png (225KB, 2400x2400px)
feels-2400px.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
>>90669959
The fact that you're not an American citizen is a bigger impediment to your ambition in this sense than almost anything else you can *imagine*.
>>
>>90670221
>It's about a group of kids who investigate supernatural occurrences.

Too vague and the whole "supernatural investigation" genre is already overdone in cartoons.
>>
>>90670307
>>90670337
The idea of heroes saving the world has also been done many times before, as has the idea of exploring a fantasy world, or virtually any other vanilla concept you can think of. By your logic, every show in existence is a clone.
>>
>>90670398
There are cartoons made in other countries, so it's not impossible. In fact Gumball, Cartoon Network's second most beloved show after Teen Titans Go, is produced in Germany. The process of pitching and selling will likely be very different though.
>>
>>90670408
As I *mentioned* in the post, the idea is largely character and world driven. As of now, I've barely developed the reason the group exists and why they do the things they do. That is the part I've been struggling with the most. The concept is designed to be non-serialised (except for the occasional callback or sequel episode, which exist in most non-serialised cartoons) - this makes it harder because I can't really base it around a story arc.

The only way I could get anyone to understand my idea would be to post my detailed character descriptions which I've been noting for nearly a month (and have existed in my head for over a year) or my ideas for individual episodes. I can't do that for two reasons - firstly, it leaves them open to be stolen, and secondly, in the event my concept *does* ever become more than just a concept, people could trace it back to my post, and posting on 4chan likely won't do good for my reputation.
>>
You know what needs to happen? KoToR done in the clone wars fashion. It could be amazing. Too bad disney is killing star wars though.
>>
>>90672725
and I when i say KoToR - I mean from mandalorian wars to the cancelled KoToR 3 timeline.
>>
>>90669959
>>90672257
Then why did you post here, not going to give us any details aside from some vague generic theme and just bitch, waste of a thread
>>
>>90670221
Hate to tell you this Anon, but Scooby-Doo already exists.
>>
>>90672257
What's the point of exposing your project if you aren't even sure what is it about?
>>
>>90672941
>>90673182
The thread was about the struggles of getting a show onto a network. I only posted the idea because someone asked me to.
>>
I'm legitimately thinking of actually getting a concept of mine on paper
The west isn't into slice of life kind of stuff so probably won't go anywhere
>>
>>90674524
Good luck! Networks today are afraid of experimenting with new ideas.
>>
>>90674565
>today
>Implying they haven't been in the past.
>>
File: 1454707830908.jpg (15KB, 249x188px)
1454707830908.jpg
15KB, 249x188px
>>90670221
that's really lame.
What about a duo of a Demon and a Human investigating supernatural occurrences; which upon solution/defeat of the malevolent spirit, the demon sometimes absorbs said spirit, inheriting their skill.
The demon itself is reluctant, as he himself is a spirit being and some of these spirits are friends of his. However, he is bound by a locking spell that only the human knows how to release (it's a bluff, he actually doesn't).

The spell keeps the demon from leaving the human's side unless given permission, and if the demon kills the human, the demon will be bound to the physical location of where the human died for the rest of eternity. So the demon listens to the wishes of the human in hopes of one day being freed. Like I said though, the human doesn't actually know an unsealing spell.

Unlike Ushio and Tora though, the focus is more on comedy with action here and there. The whole spirit absorption thing only comes into play when he enemy is a real baddie or a subordinate of the big bad..

The comedy aspect comes from the duo encountering and subverting well known horror tropes, such as the haunted house (they just burn the house down), a Ju-On-esque wraith (The demon just punches it in the face and tells her to stop being an asshole and get over herself), and the unstoppable Halloween-style killer (demon slices it to bits, and buries the pieces separately, even setting up a funeral for each bit of flesh).
>>
>>90670238
>furry
That wouldn't be as funny, because it's normal for animals to pee anywhere.
>>
File: 1456362602189.gif (65KB, 575x85px)
1456362602189.gif
65KB, 575x85px
>>90673259
Yeah that doesn't happen unless you go to art school or hang around the art school kids.

Fuck channels just make it yourself man.
>>
>>90675000
The spirits they don't kill end up following the duo, living at the human's house, and sometimes tagging along for support.
This could lead to humorous setups at the Investigator's abode.
Think Human comes home after a long day, only to find his fridge is not only empty, but being occupied by the ice-spirit that they took in the previous day.
>>
>>90675142
like a foster's home for exorcised demons?

I miss that show...
>>
>>90675220
yeah pretty much.
Would even allow for some interesting encounters between cliche monsters, that you only find in fanworks.
>>
>>90675000
The characters I currently have (which I haven't described for the reasons mentioned above) are pretty much the defining factor of the concept. If I changed them, it would be a different idea altogether.
>>
File: 1312733942680.jpg (12KB, 241x230px) Image search: [Google]
1312733942680.jpg
12KB, 241x230px
>>90670221
Pfft that's gay as fuck heres my cartoon idea.

A planetary romance in a desert world sitting on the bud of a cosmic flower called Vermund. There are 24 cities total with an angel inhabiting its undercity responsible for it's existance. It's a world born from the 1st dimension, the aparnet, which for most of eternity was populated by emotionless digital avatars called Enoch that made up the fabric of that dimension. After a long run of history in attempt to create the perfect world the Enoch inhabit the imperfect world they had accidentally created in their journey for perfection. The story centers around the Enoch Edose and an artificially created angel with human appearance named Kadaumy. Edose was tasked with traveling to City Polite to deliver the recently manufactured angel to a facility in Polite that could transform him into a being of pure energy like how natural Angels of the world regularly exist. However on the way Edose and Kadaumy extravagantly lose all their funding money in a chase from a clown in a festival. The entirety of season 1 revolves around Edose and Kadaumy working odd jobs to reclaim their loss under the lie Edose feverishly concocted that it was their inheritance from their dead parents and as brothers they have to honor their memory by slaving away, Due to Edose's enochian super intelligence but streetwise naivety and Kadaumy's angelic heart they stumble into conspiracy and hilarious adventures as they run the cogs of City Polite. Much of the drama of the story is character driven as Edose wrestles with the conflict of fulfilling his objective with creating a perfect world so he can save his long lost brother from the encrypted remnants of the arpanet and his growing attachment to Kadaumy who resembles his original brother so much. And also their interactions with 2 other characters that complete the maincast, 1 of which actively redpills Kadaumy and seems to bump into them a lot as he works hilariously corrupt government jobs.
>>
My cartoon idea is a Delta-Green type thing in a dystopian alternate future an alternate Arab Spring in 2011 spirals into World War III between the United States and a surviving Soviet Union

In the aftermath, most of the Middle East has been reduced to radioactive ash, Central Europe is in ruins, Islamic fundamentalism sweeps across North Africa, and mysterious plagues and natural disasters have wracked Earth, killing millions.

Against the backdrop of a renewed Cold War, domestic instability, terrorism, and an ever-encroaching surveillance state, US federal law enforcement, intelligence agencies, and special forces battle supernatural forces seeking to exploit this state of affairs to cause the extinction of man
>>
>>90675497
>Pfft that's gay as fuck
My concept purposely shows boys hugging each other in a "gay" way in order to generate publicity. It's also part of a conspiracy to turn kids gay.
>>
>>90675976
Not like it could hold a candle to SU
>>
>>90669959
>>90670067

>not making a clone of other shows

There's nothing new under the sun. You take what you like from other art and you make it your own.

My own "original" story started off as a bad fanfic of LoTR, but I decided to go Colonial instead of Medieval over the years of writing and re-writing. First arc is a yandere story, second is a pirate story, and in the third and possibly final arc, the main character and love interest are married with kids and trying to get used to a peaceful, domestic life after all that adventure.
>>
>>90676145

In case you were wondering, the yandere dies and the love interest is someone else
>>
>>90676083
I'll make one of the boys wear a dress in every episode. SU only had that in one episode.
>>
>>90676179
That barely scathes against rebecca's cosmic brigand of lesbians.
>>
>>90676175

We weren't
>>
>>90676208
That's not what a brigand is.
>>
>>90670221
Sounds like you ain't got shit. People spend years developing their ideas. Lots of revisions on concepts, arts, test animation before they even get a studio to throw a some money their way to work on shit and crank out a pilot. As much as we bitch about nepotism like shit going on at CN, some of the stuff they've picked up had roots years before even going as far back as when the creator was getting their art degree. Only when somebody has proven themselves can they be a bit vague and lazy.
>>
>>90676175
Is this you >>90672445
>>
>>90676277

no
>>
File: 1485912244865.jpg (34KB, 491x444px)
1485912244865.jpg
34KB, 491x444px
>>90676300
That looks like the "no" of a person who really means "yes"!
>>
Guys I have this completely original idea where a really smart green porcupine and his animal friends save the world from an incompetent evil robot every week. His catchphrase is "you're too dumb!" and he has a pink porcupine girlfriend with huge tits.

CN would never go for that even though I'm obivously a genius. They only want shows about gay rocks crying or anthropomorphic noodles hallucinating their DnD adventures.
>>
File: (you).png (33KB, 441x299px)
(you).png
33KB, 441x299px
>>90676333

They'd both be (you)s.
>>
>>90676415
Well, this is confusing.
>>
>>90676415

Unless it's acting weird, like mine is tonight

Some of the replies to my posts have (you)s, but others don't
>>
>>90676444
>>90676447

(you) are retarded.
>>
It's fucking two in the morning and I need to be up at five FUCK
>>
I have this great completely original idea for a cartoon: So there are like these little animals, but they're not animals right and these small children make a game of catching them. They're somehow allowed to skip school and go train these animals to fight each other instead and for some reason PETA does nothing about this.

Also they're all gay diaper wearing shotas from space.
>>
File: 1483567154831.jpg (695KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1483567154831.jpg
695KB, 1280x1280px
The fact I wouldn't be able to afford to go across the country for animation school made me give up on trying to get into animation when I was in middle school. I had the same daydream of what my cartoon would be about, what the pilot would look like, and what kind of music it'd have. But I really just wanted to do storyboards. Have some of my concept art in 'making of' books. Maybe even have a character design I made used.
>>
File: R1k5DTZ.png (360KB, 638x480px)
R1k5DTZ.png
360KB, 638x480px
>>90676536
>I have this great completely original idea for a cartoon: So there are like these little animals, but they're not animals right and these small children make a game of catching them. They're somehow allowed to skip school and go train these animals to fight each other instead and for some reason PETA does nothing about this.

...meh

>Also they're all gay diaper wearing shotas from space.

SOLD! Howard, you've done it again!
>>
>>90676252
Do you really think this is the full description I'm going to give to a network?

I've had my current idea in my head for almost a year and a half, and have recently started creating the show bible, which includes everything from character descriptions and concept art to complex details about the show world. It's most certainly more than just a vague description. I'm not going to be posting any of that for the reasons I mentioned above (it could lead to them being stolen, and if the show *does* ever get made, the fact I posted on 4chan could be traced back and effect my reputation).

I'm also not some random basement dweller. I actually have a large (and growing) Internet following. Unfortunately, it's in a fandom not related to animation, though it is *loosely* related to art and storytelling.
>>
>>90676911

>internet following

So who are you
>>
>>90676911

>inb4 it's some /co/ pariah tripfag
>>
>>90676252
It seems the creators who don't get greenlit are getting a raw deal. They spend years developing their characters, world and stories, and then lose the rights for one 8 minute short.
>>
File: fuccc.png (412KB, 473x656px)
fuccc.png
412KB, 473x656px
>>90670221
>yoink
>>
>>90670221
>>90675000
>>90675497
All your ideas suck. Here's mine

A boy falls in love with a girl. Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well. But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush. Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.
>>
>>90677053

>anime.txt
>>
>>90677053
We've told you you can't play here
>>>/a/
>>
>>90676911

Still waiting for you to tell us who you are
>>
>>90676596
Do a comic about it. If you animate, you draw and if you draw you can make a nice comic about it and with luck get some attention. Or go the hard way and make a short pilot on your own.
>>
File: fa0.jpg (30KB, 359x296px)
fa0.jpg
30KB, 359x296px
>>90677053
I believe in you
>>
File: 5zKXz.gif (482KB, 250x210px)
5zKXz.gif
482KB, 250x210px
>>90670221

>I know it sounds lame at the moment - I'm still working on the base concept.

So you have absolutely fucking nothing, then?
>>
File: 1330400166192.jpg (307KB, 400x227px)
1330400166192.jpg
307KB, 400x227px
>>90672257
>and secondly, in the event my concept *does* ever become more than just a concept, people could trace it back to my post, and posting on 4chan likely won't do good for my reputation.
No one fucking cares about that. Craig McCracken, Lauren Faust, Justin Roiland, and Alex Hirsch (and that's just offhand) are on record as visiting /co/. Mainstream comic artists have come here and even posted explicit shout-outs to /co/ by name. No one cares.
>>
>>90670221
....you must realize this is one of the most common themes pitched at studios. Jesus.
>>
>>90672257
You've only been developing your concept a month? You have a long way to go before worrying about pitching to studios. Most people spend years fleshing out an idea. Slow the fuck down.
>>
>>90676911
What's your webcomic then?
>>
File: swim.jpg (42KB, 500x378px)
swim.jpg
42KB, 500x378px
>>90677186

I've gotten into writing, actually. I write a few paragraphs of whatever to unwind. I've been working on projects with friends and I've been thinking of looking into being an editor.
I don't draw as much, and don't paint. I don't even really remember how to do digital art and I don't have any kind of art blog. The realization I could never achieve my stupid far reach of a dream kind of killed my passion a pathetic amount. I still fill a sketchbook once every two months or so.
>>
File: lequirkyface.png (257KB, 415x342px)
lequirkyface.png
257KB, 415x342px
>Be me
>Go to a pretty good uni getting a degree in media production (basically live action film)
>Getting on a plane in two weeks to go to Los Angeles and meet with an agent from Nick who has connections to my school
>Really really really want to intern at Nick's animation studio in 2018, so nailing this meeting is a yuge priority
>Currently mulling over whether to primarily discuss the webcomic I'm making this summer (with the really short animated teaser I'm almost done making), the live-action webseries I'm making this summer, or the ultimate endgame cartoon I want to make one day
It's a fun time.
>>
>>90678826
Good luck anon.
>>
>>90676911
Nobody's going to steal from you. The fact that you keep dragging this out is only bringing more attention to the fact that you're posting at all which seems to be the opposite of what you wanted.
There are people on /co/ who've successfully sold concepts based on shit they've developed here.
Get over yourself.
>>
>>90677741
I'm doing what nearly every successful creator in the industry does, and basing the show primarily around the characters.

>>90678537
I never said the idea was finished. In fact, I thought I made it quite clear it was still in development.

>>90678513
I wish people would actually read follow-up posts before having kneejerk reactions.
>>
>>90675497
Nobody cares for you m8
>>
>>90678826
post blog or didn't happen
>>
>>90677741
You do realise, the vast majority of western cartoons start with very simple premises, right?

Dexter's Laboratory is about a boy who has a laboratory in his bedroom.
The Powerpuff Girls is about three little girls who fight crime. (I could be even vaguer and simply state it's about heroes who fight crime)
Adventure Time is about an apocalyptic fantasy land.
Regular Show is about two characters working as groundskeepers at a local park.

(I could list more, but I think I've made my point)

Not everything has to revolve around some overdeveloped series-long story arc.
>>
>>90680818
You're whining on 4chan about pitching and showrunning a cartoon. No one owes you a chance or a show. This is a first world problem. You want something made? Do what most artists in the industry do, make it yourself and put it on YouTube. No ass pats for you.
>>
>>90682000
And FYI, artists HATE working under showrunners with little animation and production experience, get over yourself.
>>
>>90669959
>The fact I don't have connections with the animation industry, or the fact I don't live in the same country it takes place in, are not what concern me anymore.
It should, because it just means you literally have 0 chance of getting a show, regardless of your pro third-person observation of CN's business strategy.
>>
>>90682268
If a creator manages to become popular on the Internet, let's say through a web comic or YouTube series, it could attract the attention of someone in the industry. It might seem hard to do, but if he (I' m assuming it's a guy) really believes he's competent enough to have his own TV show, then he should already be better than the vast majority of web artists.

As someone else mentioned above, there are cartoons (like Gumball) produced outside the US. I don't know what country the OP lives in though, so there may or may not be opportunities there.
>>
>>90670221
>I haven't even developed the basic premise
>but my characters are SOOOO deep and mature

Fanfiction tier garbage.
>>
>>90670505
Exactly; nothing is new under the sun so why hold it against CN shows?
>>
>>90680818
No, successful creators also have their premise fully worked out.

But I'm interested in hearing what makes you think your characters are so great in the first place.

Because I'll bet they're as cliched and as derivative as anything else.
>>
>>90682445
It's also the logic that industry failures like Craig McCracken and Genndy Tartovosky use.
>>
>>90670221
Scooby-Doo
Gravity Falls
Martin Mystery

Probably many, many others.
>>
File: C6vOJ2_WcAEjnBn.jpg (403KB, 1195x1200px)
C6vOJ2_WcAEjnBn.jpg
403KB, 1195x1200px
>>90669959
Food of Reason
>>
>>90669959
Don't worry I'll fix that soon
>>
>>90682538
>No, successful creators also have their premise fully worked out.
Not my post, but: >>90681094
As the poster said, not all cartoons have to start and end with deep lore.
>>
>>90682847
Are you really getting this worked up over what /co/ thinks? If your idea is as good and worthy of a TV show as you think it is, you wouldn't be caring about the opinions of basement dwellers.
>>
>>90682394
It's way easier and cheaper to buy a ticket to a cartoon convention, like the CTN. Or put your idea on a bible contest and see if it's the winner.
>>
>>90682058
Artists are also a dime a dozen useless whiny shits and nothing good ever comes from dealing with one.

What's your point?
>>
>>90670675
I didn't say it was impossible, just extremely unlikely. Besides, the fact that a cartoon is produced in another country doesn't mean that a *pitch* for it would have been accepted there.
>>
>>90669959
A protagonist who always seems to be near successful but is beaten by abrupt plot armor. The main character tries to find a way to beat the meta of his story arc and become something other than a loser.
>>
>>90669959
I'm not trying to be a dick but can you even draw/animate? You're also not gonna get anywhere until you at least have some sort of pitch bible.

I mean my concept is actually kinda similar to yours, from the base that is, but what are you doing that makes it distinct and separate? So far it seems you've not really said much at all.
>>
>>90682950
That OP is being an idiot.
>>
>>90682950
And it's fucking miserable to work under someone who's green and can't make decisions quickly, understand the upper politics in a studio to keep a production moving, and be responsible for the people working for you on your crew. Just so you can get your OC wank made.
>>
>>90675000
If we're just spitting out ideas involving the occult. I always loved the idea of a group of redneck hillbillies who hunt demons in the backwoods.

One day, they stumble upon a huge conflict between the forces of heaven and hell and are confronted by a group of professionals, who capture the monsters that spur up from the conflict. Although warned not to interfere by the professionals, the rednecks take this conflict as the perfect excuse to go on a hunting spree. This inadvertently saves the town, but also puts them at odds with the professionals who have a mysterious reason for collecting the demons.
>>
>>90683986
10/10 would watch.

Would probably end up being a cult classic or something.
>>
>>90683817
If they're paying the bills that isn't your shit to question. Say OP fucks off and opens his own animation studio just to get this shit done. Its not their job to bitch and moan its their job to make whatever shit he tells them and leave directing to someone else who he also pays. Or say he does the shit himself. Just because he never did it before doesn't mean its going to be a colossal failure. If they have problems they can quit and be replaced easy as that
>>
>>90684833

spoken as a true child who has never actually worked in the industry to feel the collective emotional drain of a truly incompetent director/showrunner

incompetent showrunners ---> unhappy employees ---> quick employee turnaround ---> production delays ---> increase in stopgap contract/freelance work ---> big waste of resources for an inferior product ---> everyone loses

using the 'if they're paying the bills' argument outs you as someone who does not know how cartoons works
>>
>>90670221
I have a kind of creative idea for a series, something that; while the elements may be cliché, the execution is creative.
>>
>>90685169
Spoken like a true sperg with a stick up his ass with no real world practical business knowledge after its already been established and asked why he doesn't just go the youtube route instead of pitching to a company. As it stands OPs not worth pitching to a company.
>>
>>90677053

Is this a copypasta? I swear I've read it before like a year ago.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 600x556px)
image.jpg
87KB, 600x556px
I want to do this but it'll be a reboot

For MLP. Darker. ^:)
>>
>pitching your show to CN
what are you DOING
>>
>>90686066
Every network that airs cartoons has either went to shit, or isn't exposed enough (isn't popular, or requires you to pay for it).
>>
>>90685251
you can tell in this thread who the professionals are and who the Chris chans are. (you're a Chris chan.)
>>
>>90670337
Gravity falls was shit in hid sight desu.
Op already has the upper hand.
>>
>>90686346
>Gravity falls was shit in hid sight

How so?
>>
OP if your show is so character driven then please describe at least one of them
>>
You got any suggestion? I've been wanting to do a show myself. Can't draw though.
>>
>>90677053
FOUND A WAY
>>
File: 9f9.png (269KB, 830x974px)
9f9.png
269KB, 830x974px
>>90685493
Nah man, it's 100% original

It's gonna be a classic, you'll see.
>>
>>90686512
I don't get this meme but it always makes me laugh
>>
File: Nice animu grill.gif (2MB, 539x303px) Image search: [Google]
Nice animu grill.gif
2MB, 539x303px
>>90676389
Yeah, it's a modern tragedy.
>>
>>90680858
I don't actively post my stuff on a blog anywhere. I'm currently setting up my YouTube channel for the animations and the tumblr blog that's going to host the comic (I don't feel like making a website somewhere for it.) I'm just talking to someone from Nick and maybe Hulu. Does Hulu have any animated exclusives I should know about?

>>90682058
>>90682394
The best method is to make another idea to show your abilities and then go on your endgame idea once in a position of greater respectability. But it's not like these threads ever really go deeper than speculation anyway.

Find a platform. Create for that platform. Meet people. Build yourself up. Sort yourself out.
>>
>>90686419
it fell flat in my opinion. All of it -- the story arch, the characters, the "deep mysterys".

>Wendy was a badass whose done nothing wrong.
>So is dipper and the smart uncle.
>Dipper is particularly selfless and never changes.
>Mabel is selfish and never changes.
>Nothing happened with Pacifica. She became nice i guess. Cool i guess.
At least grunkle became like a hero in the end (although his sacrifice kinda looses its value when it turns out he lived anyhow)

The story could have been so good. Unfortunately, it is this build up that determined how bad it would eventually become. Like, what was supposed to be a long running series ended way to quick. Sloppy.
Imagine if Avatar the Last Airbender had ended anytime before when it actually had. It wouldve sucked.

Oh ya. The mysterious dream demon died. Kids go back to school. They probably come back to visit every once and a while. Hip hip horay. Everything that was ever hinted at being secret and special just doesn't matter anymore. Great... its like they shouldn't have ever been hinted at in the first place.
>>
>>90676911
>my generic cliche idea is so good someone is gonna steal it!

You're not the first to start your project here, and plenty, have succeeded at making it. You're not special.
>>
>>90687348
I have a concept for an indie video game which has existed in my head for almost 7 years, as well as the programming ability to make it. The biggest problem with it is that it's 90% focused on the story and cutscenes, with no really interesting gameplay. I figured my skills would be far more suited for children's cartoons, both for that reason and because the art and writing style I developed for the game was very cartoony, and I had a preference for writing child-like characters. I thought about converting my game concept into a cartoon, but it didn't work out due to how serialised the game concept was, so I started working on something new. I've thought of creating the game is a sort of "stepping stone" to achieving the necessary power to pitch my own cartoon show. I do have a following in an unrelated triple-A video game fandom (to the point the major company gives me free early access to the game) but that's probably not enough to get into animation since I'm not really creating art.
>>
>Dude's only been developing for a month

I've been slowly putting mine together since fuckin' 2009 dude. Your premise doesn't mean shit right now either, that's every cartoon in existence that isn't The Simpsons or Spongebob. Also I need you to stop and take a breather and consider the following:

1) Are your characters DEVELOPED? That's the most important part of any show. If your characters suck and don't have good chemistry there's no point. Do that first and foremost then go back to the plot/lore/episodes whatever.

2) Do you have a pitch bible going?

3) Do you have the possible funds and people to help you?

4) Do something new and interesting. I don't want to see a mediocre Disney/Netflix cartoon that'll run for 13 episodes. Take your time and make something cool.

Please consider these things.
>>
>>90689400
*as a sort of stepping stone
>>
>>90676145
why dont you take inspiration from life and experience rather than deriving everything from other media
>>
>>90682394
You know how many web comics there are? How many people are putting their films up now? It's increasingly becoming an oversaturated market now that the word is out that "You can get famous putting your ___ online!". It's why LPs are oversaturated, why film critic channels have been popping up like weeds. Unless you're a fantastic writer and artist, appeal to a niche, and know how to market yourself on social media to get attention, starting from zero with no abilities other than a pretentious sense of skill for writing is gonna do absolute shit for you.
>>
>>90689408
>1) Are your characters DEVELOPED? That's the most important part of any show. If your characters suck and don't have good chemistry there's no point. Do that first and foremost then go back to the plot/lore/episodes whatever.
In that case, I have nothing to worry about, since the characters are the most developed part of the show. If anything, they're over-developed. In fact, I got the inspiration for the show when I tried to create characters for a short YouTube video, but they ended up coming out so well that I got inspired to make a full cartoon out of them. The characters, and how they interact with the world, are the central point of the cartoon.

There's no over-arching plot or lore. The concept is for a largely episodic, non-serialised show.

>2) Do you have a pitch bible going?
Yes, in fact, that's entirely what I mean when I say the concept is being developed for a month. I've actually had the idea for more than a year. It's only about a month ago that I started "putting it on paper" as they say.

>3) Do you have the possible funds and people to help you?
I have a large Internet following in a fandom that's not related to animation, but loosely related to art and storytelling. I have enough skill to make the funds, either by selling stuff or through a Patreon account.

>I've been slowly putting mine together since fuckin' 2009 dude.
I'd love to hear it. I bet it's just as easily to nitpick as it is my idea.
>>
>>90689618
That's the point. If the OP really does have the skill and competence to get his own TV show (and isn't just being pretentious) then he should be able to beat out the vast majority of the competition, otherwise he's probably no more skilled than the thousands of other web series creators.
>>
>>90689927
But the fact that he's blasting on 4chan and whining about CN not picking up a show from a nobody that isn't even developed yet means this dude isn't even mentally mature enough to run a show, let alone handle an ongoing series online. OP sounds like one of those artists who once they get a fanbase, will respond to every single person who criticizes him personally on Twitter and get caught up for several hours with e-drama and bitching about fans telling him how he should write his story.
>>
>>90689986
>OP sounds like one of those artists who once they get a fanbase, will respond to every single person who criticizes him personally on Twitter and get caught up for several hours with e-drama and bitching about fans telling him how he should write his story.
I assume you're talking about a certain animation critic. Speaking of which, the OP has a lot of similarities with said critic. Both of them have shit-sounding ideas that they think are amazing. They even have very similar arguments to the criticism they receive. It makes me wonder if OP is that critic in disguise.
>>
>>90689782
>If anything, they're over-developed.
This is an eye-roller if I've ever seen one. I'm gonna guess you don't need a girlfriend since you suck your own dick enough to be satisfied.
>>
>>90689782
Describe your characters you fucking retard. If you're going to pitch your show pitch your show or get the hell out. If you can't convince some assholes on a vietnamese puppet show bbs that your show is goid, what chance do you have on convincing TTG network?

Adventure Time and Steven Universe are the cumulation of years of gathering, combining, and refining ideas and influences, both internal and external. Editing is what separates the idea guys from the authors and showrunners. But you can't get feedback if you don't pitch your show.

And if you think you're too good for 4chan, remember that Rebecca Sugar drew Ed Edd n Eddy porn and was a drawfag on /co/.
>>
So is this an idea thread?
>>
>>90690186
There already is an idea thread, but sure pitch your concept, I might review it later.
>>
>>90690396
>I might review it later.
Careful about posting in this thread, guy. The amount of ego in one post is enough to hit the fucking bump limit.
>>
>>90690453
It's what I do, anon. I go to idea threads, post my ideas, and post what I think about other people's ideas. People like critique of their projects, even if it's from anonymous strangers on the internet.
>>
>>90690145
>If you're going to pitch your show pitch your show or get the hell out.
I plan to pitch it to people who can make it a reality, not to 4chan.

>If you can't convince some assholes on a vietnamese puppet show bbs that your show is goid, what chance do you have on convincing TTG network?
4chan aren't the ambassadors of what's good and bad. In fact, from this thread alone, it seems people hate anything that isn't entirely lore-based with an overarching plot.

>Describe your characters you fucking retard.
I might describe one, but I'm sure people will nitpick at it. I need to carefully decide which one, and what the best way to describe them would be.
>>
>>90690528
Yeah, but no one was asking for your specific opinion. Other anon was asking if this was a general idea thread, not asking you to grace them with your opinions. You saying you might review it later while simultaneously being confident enough that you think your idea with no script is somehow better than most things on TV right now and that your characters are so well written they're basically super characters is just your ego.
>>
>>90690531
People are annoyed because you're holding a simple pitch hostage. You've failed to convince anyone that your ideas are worth pursuing, but you turn around and talk about how you're too good for Cartoon Network. It's like walking into /fit/, saying that you're way more swole than anyone else on the board, but not posting any pictures of your build.

Just pitch your idea, anon, and stop taking everything so damn seriously.
>>
>>90690608
Anon I'm not OP. I was just explaining to that other anon that sure, they can post their ideas.
>>
>>90689782

>I'd love to hear it

Hellllllllll no, I'm not fucking giving you or any faggot here the shit I've worked years on. I might have a deal with the network I work at coming. It would go against NDAs and they would chop my penis off. I will tell you I storyboard on a show you faggots can't get enough of.

So, either dump your idea or fuck off, stop dicking around expecting us to care.
>>
>>90690672
See OP, this anon has an actual reason to not post their shit (NDAs are a bitch).

Though out of curiosity, anon, are there any concepts that you CAN pitch? Shit you've abandoned or whatever? It's rare that actual (supposed) storyboarders show up in these threads.
>>
File: test.png (1MB, 1193x4000px)
test.png
1MB, 1193x4000px
>>90690531
>I might describe one, but I'm sure people will nitpick at it. I need to carefully decide which one, and what the best way to describe them would be.

It's because you've overhyped them and now people are looking for a fight. And also, you're over analyzing and over complicating things yourself. The less words you can construct your idea, the stronger it is. We don't need the backstory, we just need the surface character to see the potential.

Your character is a(n) (ADJECTIVE) (OCCUPTATION) who wants to be (EXTERNAL CONFLICT) but can't because (INTERNAL CONFLICT).

This is part of why artists have an advantage over writers when it comes to pitching ideas. You're able to illustrate much stronger your ideas in visuals and relationships with characters, often times without having to say a word. I've been posting my OCs I'd like to use for pitches for about five years now and am not utterly terrified that people are going to steal my ideas. I share the surface stuff, I keep the reveals to myself.

Pic related is my characters. Big guy is a celebrity superhero, his name is Savior. Little guy is his ex-villain who he's helping to redeem, his name is Adrian. That's all the info you need + pic related to see the potential. And that's all a studio wants. If you take too long to explain your idea, the people you are pitching to are going to tune out or you will be unmemorable.
>>
File: we bare baers.png (989KB, 1280x1188px) Image search: [Google]
we bare baers.png
989KB, 1280x1188px
>>90690938
Also to add, scribble drawings are still better than no drawings when it comes to animation pitching. It's much easier for people to gravitate towards the original left comic rather than a wall of text describing who Panda, Grizz, and Ice Bear are.
>>
>>90690672
>suspicious this is sabrina cotungo
>wondering if she is saying faggot and penis to throw people off the trail
>>
>>90690531
The character in question is a young boy of about 9 or 10 [exact ages are left intentionally undefined in the show]. He can make brains melt with pure adorableness. If he doesn't hug someone every 48 hours, he transforms into a version of himself where all his interests are inverted, meaning that he likes stuff he usually finds boring and hates stuff he usually finds fun, and he desires to punch people instead of hugging them. He desires to be popular, but rather than copy what others are interested in, he tries to get others into what he's interested in. He often contemplates what it would be like to switch minds with someone else. He occasionally wonders if the universe revolves around him - not in a positive way, but a negative one - he believes everyone was born with innate knowledge of his existence, and that when they're not in his field of senses, they're talking negatively about him 24/7. Sometimes, his brain detaches itself from his body, and he starts performing complex motions without thinking about it, so he can daydream and perform school tasks well at the same time, but only if he learns to control it.

I have another character who has stealing stuff as a hobby, and never learns their lesson.
>>
>>90690779
There was one about a guy from North Dakota who was a literal NEET who falls in love with his talking toaster. I actually thought it was a good idea. The executives looked at me as if I were retarded. I decided I'd do something less outrageous and something more from my own experience. The executives at ______ have really, really liked the new one I pitched. It takes place in the Midwest. It took me forever to get to that point, I storyboarded on shows people fucking hated and I knew were awful to get to this point.

Other anons talk about bringing in life experience and it really helps. It's not required, but it gives your characters and world more depth. It's also okay to trace and take a bit from shows you like. Don't steal, but just take what you like from those shows (or even hate) and try to make it better. Take animation to the next level. Make it big. You might only have one shot, make it count. Make your Avatar, Samurai Jack, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, etc.

I also hope OP stops being an attention whoring faggot and posts his idea already. You have no excuse OP. I sometimes wonder if I'll post on here if my show becomes a hit. I'd like to shitpost with you guys on finales or something. That's all I got.
>>
>>90680829
You kiddin, I got like 3 (You)'s I made out like a bandit
>>
>>90691773
There is a decent chance that people on a lot of the shows that people like on /co/, (possibly including your own coworkers) actually shitpost on /co/, considering the ties some have to 4chan.
>>
>>90691702
He seems vaguely gimmicky with the 48 hours negahug part, but I like the depth. Characters that are pure and sweet but riddled with crippling insecurities are pretty interesting.

The idea of a cast full of characters with their own hyperspecific aupernatural gimmicks is very much an interesting spin on its own, and I can't see why you didn't lead with that instead of with your generic as fuck "kids exploring supernatural town but it's super original guiz" pitch. Would have saved everyone a lot of trouble.
>>
>>90691463
She's nice, but no, I'm not Sabrina.

>>90691997
All of us do. Me and showrunner often know what you guys are up to. Nothing funnier than seeing people take our show and completely fucking it up beyond repair. We love you, never stop being the best place to discuss cartoons. Reddit and Tumblr are such a cock suck. We love to hear when someone goes "You know what, that episode WAS SHIT". It helps us improve. I just don't know if I want to associate myself so much with /co/ it becomes uncomfortable with the rest of the fandom.

>>90690938
Hey! Anon delivered!
>>
File: bdWxqwu.png (173KB, 1198x1203px)
bdWxqwu.png
173KB, 1198x1203px
Reminder on this week's schedule
>>
>>90692162
>Hey! Anon delivered!
Might be wrong anon, cause that was my first post in the thread.
>>
>>90692498
Oops, I guess I'm wrong. Guess he still hasn't.
>>
>>90692162
Anon one day I hope to be in a position where I have a shot at making something /co/ sees as lewdworthy.
>>
>>90692782
I know, it's fun. My artstyle can range from ugly to sexy depending on which character I'm drawing. No more noodle armed Adventure Time shit man. It's also fun to watch people waifu the characters on the show I storyboard on. We sometimes give nods to the fans with little fan service here and there.
>>
File: tmp_19554-Q6Y5aVI1641569314.jpg (107KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_19554-Q6Y5aVI1641569314.jpg
107KB, 900x600px
>>90692591
Out of curiosity, how did you, more or less make it to your current position?
Hard work, connections and the usual stuff?
Have a QT for an answer
>>
>>90675006
not if the animals are wearing diapers
>>
>>90692991
I just drew some funny cartoons a friend and staff guy liked liked at a shitty college in Minnesota. I got connections through that guy and people online. Me and my friend applied for storyboarding jobs at CN in California 4 years later. They liked us and our "enthusiasm", whatever the fuck that means because I'm pretty boring. We storyboarded on a shitty Cartoon Network show and then went somewhere else (where I'm at now). He's working on another show in the building and he's already got a pilot going. He helped me develop the idea for the show I'm trying to get going. Can't wait honestly, both shows are turning out really cool.
>>
>>90692078
The general idea is that it's a world where normal aspects of the town and characters are made into cartoon gags - for example, as mentioned, character traits are exaggerated and turned to supernatural gimmicks. On the surface, it basically sounds like "it's real life... but more ridiculous" so it takes examples to really explain. Finding the best way to market the concept is a challenge.

The concept follows the main cast of characters as they basically go around helping people in ways that generally pertain to supernatural occurrences. This is the part I'm still working on. I haven't really defined WHY they do what they do yet, other than general kindness. I didn't want to go the whole "hero fighting the monster of the week" route, because that's too simple. However, since being a superhero sounds more exciting to kids than simply "performing good deeds", it takes more effort to provide an incentive for the latter. The kids aspire to be admired by the town as some kind of hero, and "investigating supernatural occurrences" felt closer to the "hero" idea than generic good deeds. The general concept behind the group is one of the biggest things I've been struggling with.
>>
>>90693406
What would you recommend for someone wanting to break in to the scene to do?
Just put your best work out on Tumblr/DA/whatever and hope someone at the big three sees it and goes "Yeah this guy's alright"?
Have another QT for an answer
>>
>>90694211
>>90693406
I have no QTs to offer myself but I wanna piggyback off this question and ask if there's any opportunities for writers for cable cartoons these days? There doesn't seem to be. But if there were how would a writer get a shot at that opportunity?
>>
>>90694211
Draw stuff. Talk to people. Do somethin' cool. It's different for everyone. Just don't sell your soul to some Hollywood exec.

>>90694507
That's because you don't write cartoons, the storyboarding IS the writing (most of the time).
>>
>>90693156
In that case, it would be a different joke. The joke is that the boys just pee their pants without any special accommodations.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (16KB, 353x200px)
200_s.gif
16KB, 353x200px
>>90689782
>>In that case, I have nothing to worry about, since the characters are the most developed part of the show. If anything, they're over-developed.

>>90672257
>>I've barely developed the reason the group exists and why they do the things they do.
>>
>>90695392
>That's because you don't write cartoons, the storyboarding IS the writing (most of the time).
Who writes the comedy jokes and gags?
>>
>>90670221
>it's not an adventure time clone
>it's a Gravity falls clone
>>
>>90695454
The general show backstory /= the characters
>>
>>90695392
Ah dang. I've wanted to write cartoons since childhood. But that sort of job seems to have died before my career could take off.

Oh well. At least I've got comics
>>
>>90695392
Thanks for the advice Anon, hope the show works out for you.
>>
File: IMG_8024.jpg (68KB, 355x346px)
IMG_8024.jpg
68KB, 355x346px
>everybody's concepts are a book long
If it's not able to be summed up in a sentence or two it's too complicated for television and it's gonna be boring
Here's my idea:
>adult swim cartoon with a space ghost style where washed up superheroes interact with each other following the main character calendar man as he struggles to be relevant
>>
>>90695525
>it's a Gravity falls clone
That would be hard to make since I've never even seen Gravity Falls.
>>
>>90691702
Your character sounds gay, and I don't mean that in the "lame" sense, I mean he actually sounds gay.
>>
>>90695684
pretty cool, don't worry about it being a small concept, that's what the executives like, something simple that the majority can understand.
>>
>>90695693
You should probably watch Gravity Falls
>>
>>90695693
Maybe you should actually watch cartoons that were big hits on TV before being cocky enough to throw your big dick around for pitching one.
>>
>>90695531
Motivations is a pretty big fucking thing for characters though. The difference between Batman just being a guy in a silly bat suit fighting people and a guy with dead parents and a reason to fight.
>>
>>90695531
The reasons the characters are doing what they're doing and why they're together sounds pretty important to their development...
>>
I've tried to stay calm and mature, but you know what? Fuck this! It's obvious the vast majority of people in this thread have no idea how cartoons actually work. The bulk of the responses to my idea are either "it's not some serialised show full of lore, therefore it's nothing", "the basic premise wasn't created in a vacuum, therefore it's just a clone of this show you've never even watched". It's also clear that people will NEVER stop responding to my badly worded initial post, no matter HOW many follow-up posts I make.

You think you're the ambassador of cartoons, but you're not. Newsflash: the whole industry doesn't revolve around what /co/ likes. In fact, I believe a lot of my ideas would be too "progressive" for your tastes. In this thread alone, there are a lot of trolls making jokes about "gay-acting" male characters. Well, my show has a lot of them, including the "pure and sweet" character concept I posted.
>>
>>90696521
Oh, and then there are the people trying to shame me into publishing my show bible, as if ANYONE would be stupid enough to just dump their concept online where anyone can steal it, much less on a site as infamous at 4chan. I suspect that's just a pathetic trolling attempt.
>>
>>90696521
This honestly gets better and better.
Anon, you obviously don't have a full pitch yet. You don't even have half a pitch. You have a vague setting, some characters, and some ideas you want to throw in there, maybe a general tone. You don't know what the characters will do beyond "vague supernatural sol stuff", which describes maybe 90% of animated television, why they want to do them (which means you don't quite have your characters, supposedly the main draw of your show, worked out yet), or really anything substantial.

In other words, you have an aesthetic, some character concepts, and some ideas on what to do with them. Not a full concept.

People are pissed because you have the audacity to claim superiority over network animation and the people in thid thread even though you have jackshit to back that up.

/co/ loves discussing ideas. I love seeing ideas and pitches in every phase of development. But you came in here looking for a fight, and as it turns out you don't have the stuff to back it up with.

Also:
>"too progressive"
>for /co/mblr
>>
>>90696898
Also:
>my ideas are so valuable there are companies on an obscure internet site willing to steal them
>I can't tell you why my show is good but believe me the premise is the best. I've talked to my people, they tell me "anon this is the best idea". I have the best ideas, simply the best. I think really good, and folks we all know it.
>Suddenly throwing out actual Tumblr jargon when backed into a corner as if this won't encourage more shitflinging.
>"It might be too deep for you"

You haven't failed to convince people that /co/ will like it, you've failed to convince people that you HAVE a target audience.
>>
>>90696521
No one who reacts to criticism like this is mature enough to run their own tv show.
>>
>>90697003
What about the showrunners of TTG and nuPPG?
>>
>>90696521

Just out of curiosity is this a concept you're developing in hopes of pitching to a network or do you actually have a day/opportunity to go pitch to someone who works at Cartoon Network?
>>
>>90696992
>you've failed to convince people that you HAVE a target audience
Most cartoons aren't aimed at /co/
>>
>>90697413
What is your target audience then? The kiddos who enjoy TTG? The Gumball audience? The NuPPG audience? The Phineas and Ferb audience?

This would be easier to see if we had some idea of what you want to happen in your show, how you want your episodes to feel, how you want them to go. And if you can't take that... why the hell did you make this topic?
>>
>>90697286
I don't currently have the opportunity to pitch, which is what this thread was originally supposed to be about before it became about ideas. At the rate I'm going on the Internet though, it's very much possible I could one day attract the attention of someone who works in the industry. The bigger issue is probably the fact I don't live in the US. As others have posted, there are shows like Gumball which are produced outside the US, so it's not impossible, but chances are it will make the whole process more complicated.
>>
>>90697525
>And if you can't take that... why the hell did you make this topic?
The thread was originally about how pitching works, before it got blown into a detailed analysis of my idea.
>>
>>90697570

are you just a writer or do you draw too?
>>
>>90697605
We have a calarts thread daily. Ultimately despite the shit quality of CN at the moment claiming that your ideas are somehow too good for the network without in any way proving how is basically begging for a shitshow. There's a ton of work that goes into even the shittiest shows. Regardless, other supposed storyboarders came to discuss their experiences, and even they called you out on your bullshit.
>>
Has there been a sucessful "idea guy"?

Also where do I need to go if I want someone to make a live action show of this pastebin an anon made?

http://pastebin.com/3e6cUxZn
>>
>>90697570
If you act this way publically online, no one is going to want to work with you.
>>
>>90697820
I draw too, and already have concept art for several of the characters.

>>90697826
The whole "CalArts" thing is a meme /co/ started. Despite what they say, attending CalArts won't automatically guarantee you a job in a studio.

>Regardless, other supposed storyboarders came to discuss their experiences, and even they called you out on your bullshit.
Ah yes, the alleged storyboarder who basically just mimicked what I said (that characters are the most important aspect) and when I asked for them to post their idea, they responded with homophobic slurs, posting about how stupid the suggestion was, then immediately followed up by demanding I post my idea. If they really are a storyboarder (which I doubt) the studio would be quick to fire them if they knew what they were up to.
>>
>>90696521
:3c I have a show in development right now at nick. You're cute.
>>
>>90698677
>"da pros don't go on 4chan!!!"
>implying Craig McCracken, Lauren Faust, Alex Hirsch, Justin Roiland, Rebecca Sugar, and countless other non-showrunner cartoon staff haven't come here
You're either a self-righteous moron, or (I'm beginning to suspect) this is all an elaborate ruse cruise on your part. It was a good run, but the "homophobic slurs" bit is what tipped your hand.

>>90696899
If he's really getting bent out of shape about the word "faggot," he might very well be too progressive for /co/.
>>
>>90697096
People who work on nuPPG take it like fucking champs, honestly. TTG channels any "rage" they have into fourth-wall breaking episodes, so even that's not bad. Neither crew go blasting on social media. Hell, the SU crew acts out worse than they do.
>>
I found something interesting.
>>
File: dyrhbtgfc.png (144KB, 1216x727px)
dyrhbtgfc.png
144KB, 1216x727px
>>90698996
Oops, I forgot the image.
>>
>>90698996
OP concept? Oh right you say interesting, nevermind
>>
>>90699020
>the only thing he's done is Sims 4 mods

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

based anon who found this
>>
File: Untitled.png (156KB, 608x1178px)
Untitled.png
156KB, 608x1178px
>>
File: IMG_0394.png (369KB, 595x675px)
IMG_0394.png
369KB, 595x675px
>>90699020
Well it's a good thing self absorbed artists like to describe their every bowel movement on Twitter, or else we might have not known exactly who OP was.

...who is this, though?
>>
File: IMG_0225.jpg (89KB, 523x929px)
IMG_0225.jpg
89KB, 523x929px
>>90699115
This keeps getting better.
>>
>>90699083
He mentioned that his fandom was "loosely related to art and storytelling", but I can't find anything related to that. (assuming we're right about him being the OP of this thread)
>>
File: 1456356620833.png (60KB, 200x200px)
1456356620833.png
60KB, 200x200px
>>90699115
>>90699020
Nice catch, how did you find it?
>>
>>90699118
>...who is this, though?
It's someone who makes mods for The Sims 4. It's less surprising that he's obsessed with "gay acting" characters.
>>
File: 1470281400260.png (89KB, 721x279px)
1470281400260.png
89KB, 721x279px
>mfw he got his idea from watching his sims
>>
>>90699206
He is 100% the OP, or a deliberate imposter (who OP would need to point out, though it looks like they're long gone). He directly references posters in this thread.
>>
File: rubber cemen.png (179KB, 500x358px)
rubber cemen.png
179KB, 500x358px
>>90699020
>>90699115
Fantastic. Nice job.
>>
>>90699217
I actually just searched "4chan" on Twitter because I was bored, and then came across the first tweet.
>>
File: IMG_0672.jpg (291KB, 1024x1325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0672.jpg
291KB, 1024x1325px
>>90699250
Oh my fucking god.
>>
It looks like he's a fan of Mr. Enter... yikes!
>>
>>90698677
>homophobic slurs
Senpai, you're on 4chan. People say a lot worse on here than fucking "fag". Also, are you actually gay yourself or no? There's nothing more annoying than straight people patting themselves on the back over how progressive their poorly done gay characters are as they count up their brownie points
>>
>>90699250
>I don't currently have the opportunity to pitch, which is what this thread was originally supposed to be about before it became about ideas. At the rate I'm going on the Internet though, it's very much possible I could one day attract the attention of someone who works in the industry.
>this bitch unironically thought someone at CN would look at his sims mods and ask him to make a cartoon
>>
>>90670221
you know that concept can be put in CN right
>>
>>90699115
Ill tell you guys right now, this is the shit that don't fly in the business. Self-rightous progressive annoying faggots who can't take criticism should not have their own show and cannot handle one. OP, if you're reading this, grow the fuck up. Actually make something and stop using Sims characters to build your ideas. Learn to take criticism you lousy whiny bastard. Craft your ideas with love. You can get mad at me all you want., but at the end of the day, I'm the one writing cartoons and you're not. I'll see you dudes later. Stay crazy.
>>
>>90700452
Hire me as a storyboard revisionist, anon.
>>
The dude keeps posting and then removing on Twitter lmao. You got found out dude, give it up already.
>>
File: jack.gif (23KB, 221x200px)
jack.gif
23KB, 221x200px
It's probably not as good as you think it is.
>>
>>90700706
I honestly have to see how this plays out, so in the meantime anon, what do you got for boards? Let me see what you got.
>>
File: rewriting history.png (122KB, 1364x595px)
rewriting history.png
122KB, 1364x595px
>>
>>90687361
>Dipper is particularly selfless
Season one is Dipper finding shit in the woods for personal gain
>>
>>90699115
>>90699020
jesus christ

how did you end up finding this?
>>
File: Click_These.png (9KB, 454x336px) Image search: [Google]
Click_These.png
9KB, 454x336px
>>90700811
In the event I ain't getting my leg pulled:
http://www.elenamanetta.com/#home

But even so, I may as well ask you if mostly commercial-based storyboards such as these is even enough for a TV studio to pay attention to, or do they specifically look for relevant TV boarding experience?
>>
>>90700949
Studios like anything on your resume. The more experience and the bigger portfolio you have the better. While I can't magically get you a job, I can see someone at CN or Disney hiring you eventually. Show them what you got and apply.
>>
>>90701076
Following up, your art and boards are marvelous. Good stuff. I guess you were the person earlier posting designs I thought were OPs. Keep up the good work here and keep addition to that portfolio. Even minor stuff like coloring Ice Age boards brings you up. Also, be chill and yourself when going in, most people seemed to like my sense of humor and person because I was easy to work with. I know Disney and Cartoon Network are constantly cycling through and looking for good artists, and your art really looks good. Keep building experience.
>>
>>90701076
>>90701545
Hey anon, thanks for the advice and for giving my stuff a look! Appreciate it. Hope things go well for your show.
>>
>>90670261
this, netflix could do that well
>>
>>90692471
Seriously, who thinks airing the same Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie that many times is a good idea?
>>
>>90697605
>wants to know how pitches go
>gets mad when people ask the questions people would ask in a pitch situation

You're funny.
>>
>>90700811
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

And get shwifty.
>>
>>90700949
>posting fanart on your site
y tho
>>
>>90677053
>supernatural toradora
hey i mean i'd watch it
>>
>>90708399
Art is still art. Studios don't hate fanart. In fact, they love it when you draw fanart of their own shows and will sometimes even reblog stuff on their official Tumblrs. The DisneyXD tumblr does it all the time:
http://disneyxd.tumblr.com/

It's not the 90's anymore. Studios are run by people who are also fans themselves.
>>
>>90669959
CN just troll 52 episodes of poor jack and now AS just kick is ass so much now. Poor people as been died and never get the light to watch the latest episodes.
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.