[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X-Men: Apocalypse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 19

File: X-Men_-_Apocalypse.jpg (110KB, 259x384px) Image search: [Google]
X-Men_-_Apocalypse.jpg
110KB, 259x384px
I'm finally watching this, /co/. What am I in for?

I liked XMFC and DOFP
>>
>>90607065
You might like it. I think it's fun but not a "great" movie.
>>
>>90607065
>What am I in for?
The Horsemen to do absolutely nothing but stand around for like all of the movie.
>>
Decent summer blockbuster popcorn flick. FC and DOFP are far superior.
>>
>>90607120
Psylocke does a flip and cuts a car in half. I guess she lost her telepathy and got her telekinesis, must have been holding the shadow king on the astral plane.
>>
>>90607065
The biggest cons of those two movies combined with none of the pros
>>
>>90607065
If you're a fan of Jubilee then you'll be very disappointed
>>
OP here:

I know that DOFP basically reset canon so they could do whatever they want, but is there ANY attempt to tie it into previous continuity?

So far I'm seeing Nightcrawler vs Angel, and obviously that doesn't work with X2 and X3. Are we just meant to accept that it doesn't matter?
>>
>>90607065
A goofy movie that doesn't always work, but has a few scenes that pop a bit because of the performances. Also answers the all-important question of, "Why I am so bald?" for Xavier. Because that's important, you see.
>>
File: slut.png (402KB, 727x546px) Image search: [Google]
slut.png
402KB, 727x546px
It wasn't as good as Marvel
>>
>I'm telepathic, I read minds

Jesus. Jean's entrance was really fucking awful.
>>
>Scott takes his bandage off
>Jean gets visibly moist
Wow guys. You really undersold the poor writing of this movie. So far we're off to a bad start.
>>
>>90607325
The Fox timeline is all shot to shit, my guy. They attempted to reset it all in First Class but then they just shot it back to shit again.

As a general rule to keep in mind the newest X-movie only directly ties to the previous one while making vague references to all the other ones.

>>90607352
Stop falseflagging, DCuck, everyone sees through your shit bait
>>
>>90607510
Jean's actress was kind of shit. Also we really could have done this without adding Magneto (again)
>>
>>90607325
>Are we just meant to accept that it doesn't matter?
Pretty much. Don't try to make sense of the reset DOFP ended on. On paper it's only meant to affect everything from 1973 onward, but in practice it's basically just "fuck it, none of the other movies matter" so don't think about it too much.

Honestly continuity as a whole isn't something to put too much stock in when it comes to this series. Each movie just kind of does what it wants.
>>
>>90607560
Hey man, what's wrong with that? You got something against Cyclops?
>>
>>90607684
>Honestly continuity as a whole isn't something to put too much stock in when it comes to this series. Each movie just kind of does what it wants.
At the end of the day, I'm okay with that. It's just weird in contrast to the MCU and DCEU right now.

>>90607683
I like Sophie Turner in GOT but man I'm really not feeling her as Jean. Maybe it's because Famke was so fucking good and more than a little attractive, but I'm just not buying this as young her.

However, I am feeling that McAvoy's professor is into her, so that's working at least.
>>
Not bad, not great, just bland, has some nice scenes, nothing memorable though.
>>
>>90607065
It's a letdown. I thought FC was overrated but fun, and adored DOFP (favorite X-film, even after seeing Logan). Apoc was just mediocre.
>>
>Moira shows up
Okay, I'm into this...
>>
>>90607683
>Jean's actress was kind of shit.
Don't forget ugly. And before you waufishits gang on me I already know she looks pretty hot in GoT.
>>
You were pretty damn salty about Jubilee, weren't you /co/?
>>
>>90607874
Getting Leto'd before it was cool. Poor Jubes.
>>
>Magneto has a mutant daughter

What the fuck?
>>
>>90607065

Not as cohesive as DoFP, not as fun as XMFC. It was watchable.

I think XMFC is the only one I've seen more than twice, although I'd probably watch DoFP at least once more. I haven't wanted to watch XM-A again.
>>
>>90607065
Jubes doesn't use her powers or even do anything in the main cut.
Warren does nothing, Beast does nothing, Psylocke does nothing and gets away for no reason, Emma is an uggo as per usual, Xavier goes bald.

Still, it was kind of fun.
I enjoy the blokes they've got playing Beast and Xavier.
Cyclops was okay, too.
>>
File: chirp.jpg (214KB, 833x647px) Image search: [Google]
chirp.jpg
214KB, 833x647px
>>90607899
And weirdly enough it's Chat.
>>
Guys ... this movie is not very good. You didn't prepare me for this.
>>
>>90608195
Its actually the most accurate X Men movie ever if you think about it
>>
>>90607899
Hey, you know there's another mutant in this series that has a prominent role in this one and is traditionally depicted as offspring of Magneto! Maybe this will tie in to Magneto's lose of a child, perhaps gaining new purpose from realizing he still has children?

hahaha no it amounts to nothing
>>
>Magneto turns to Apocalypse
>Who the fuck are you
>don't try to stop me from killing these men
Man, this is bad, y'all.
>>
>star wars debate
>at least we can all agree the third one is always the worst

Hamfisted meta commentary. Laaaaaaame.
>>
>>90608553
I'm sorry we failed you OP.
>>
>>90608685
I don't remember that at all. Who said that?
>>
>>90608685
Yeah, I cringed there.
It added nothing to the movie and took me right the fuck out.
>>
>>90608752
The debate was between Cyke and Jubilee, but Jean gave the meta line. They were all walking out of a movie, presumably they had just watched ROTJ.
>>
File: cable.jpg (2MB, 1740x2364px) Image search: [Google]
cable.jpg
2MB, 1740x2364px
>>90608331
DELETE THIS
>>
>>90608752
Jean, after they all went to see Return of the Jedi. It's especially funny because it was meant to be a jab at X3, but Apocalypse is itself the third movie in a trilogy.
>>
I know they cant really say or do anything with Celestial technology or Apocalypse's alien tech origins, but its kind of weird no one is acknowledging the fucking mind transferring pyramids or the armor
>>
>Stan Lee cameo

Fucking kek. I'll never not enjoy these.
>>
>>90608823
I agree.

You may want to look here then.
>>80287797
>>
>>90608868
What the hell? Why is there a strikethrough in my text?

Stan Lee is in the hospital and there's a thread on /tv/ about it.
>>
>>90608821
I found that weird, too.
They seem to just be accepted as some mundane thing, nobody questions it.

Anyone got a physical copy with deleted scenes?
Does that expand on any of it?
>>
>>90608787
You know Im right, everything from the jobbing to the fucked timelines
>>
>>90608886
There -was- a thread about it on /tv/.
It's dead now.
>>
>>90608886
If you're linking to another board, you need to add
>>>/tv/ in front of it, since just adding >> assumes that it's linking to a post on /co/ and since that post doesn't exist it shows it crossed out
>>
>>90608907
Not sure how that can be when I just posted in it. 4chan is acting mysteriously tonight.

>>90608933
Ah, excellent. Learning is fun.
>>
>>90608891
Im not saying they need to divulge every detail of Apocalypse's origin, and they cant really have him find a spaceship (because honestly introducing aliens in this universe would be all kinds of fucked) but this character is literally just thrown at us without any rhyme or reason as to why he can do these things, what all he can do, or why solar powered mind devices are just a thing in ancient egypt. His powers seem to be whatever the plot needs them to be
>>
>>90607065
>What am I in for?
polish police with bows and arrows
>>
>>90608946
>Not sure how that can be when I just posted in it.
Yeah, never mind.
It took me to a thread about Arrow.
>>
>>90608964
My thought process when I noticed that
>WTF bows?
>oh wait they want to be quiet
>AND he's magneto
>but there's a dozen of them
>and one of him
>and they're cops
>with batons
>fuck this film
>>
>Havok dies out of nowhere
What the fuck is going on?

Am I a little too drunk for this?
>>
The biggest sin of X-Men Apocalypse, in my opinion, is that they did an absolutely abysmal job of setting up the future X-Men team.

Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler etc. were just along for the "Professor X, Mystique, and Magneto" show, when they should have started setting them up NOW as the new main characters of the X-Men franchise. The actors they casted were just fucking abysmal in terms of star power and talent. With Hugh Jackman confirmed to be gone outside of potential cameos, any story with the classic X-Men are completely reliant on James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, and Michael Fassbender continually reprising their roles.
>>
>>90609047
You're probably not drunk enough
>>
>>90609047
I thought that was a nice touch after seeing the awesome power of Quicksilver again. The music makes it seem so light hearted, even though the mansion is exploding, then bam, no more Havok. He wasn't very likeable anyways.
>>
>>90609047
I like how Havok should be like 40 by this point but he still looks like he's 20. Meanwhile his parents look like they're actually 45 when they should look at least 60.
>>
>>90609034

I yelled at the TV screen when the arrow they fired pierced both his daughter and his wife.

OF COURSE, WHY NOT. I swear Magneto in the movies has a secondary mutation that makes his personal tragedies as convenient for the story as possible.

Also some of the Polish actors they got were TERRIBLE. The guys begging for their lives in the steel mill sounded like they couldn't be more bored that Magneto was about to murder them all.
>>
>>90609047
Get ready for the tone based whiplash you're about to get
>Havok dies, meant to be a serious moment
>Oh look Quicksilver is here, about to do the same exact thing he did in DOFP, only with a different song. Its fun!
>Everyone is out, except Havok, time to feel sad again because Scott is here
>No one else died and the mansion is rebuilt in a day anyway, so its a cheap way to further raise the stakes and further stress how big of a deal the jobber known as Apocalypse is
>>
>>90609034
what's more they were from commie police, beating up people was kind of their job I think
the whole magneto backstory in this movie was weird
>>
>>90609127
Half the cast should be middle aged by now. It's not even a case of mutants having some kind of naturally slowed aging either because Moira looks exactly like she did in 1962 (I think Xavier even makes a meta comment on this)
>>
>>90609145
I dunno if they were real actors or even real poles
>>
>>90607065
Remember Age of Ultron? How it did everything wrong ever?

That but the villain isn't AS bad.

So it's still pretty bad
>>
>>90609182

Were they even real people?
>>
>That Wolverine Cameo
Holy
Fucking
Shit.

That's really bad.

I mean, Kudos for going full BWS with the character design, but man that's stupid.
>>
>>90609186
Ultron>Apocalypse
>>
>>90609179
>because Moira looks exactly like she did in 1962
Rose Byrne hasn't aged in years anyways, it's all good.
>>
Oscar Isaac isn't horrible but I still feel he was really miscast. Half the time he's trying to do this Marlon Brando muttering, and then when he needs to be loud and bombastic he tries to do the big theatrical voice but it doesn't quite work. A few times they had to give him echo effects and distortion to make it sound somewhat intimidating.
>>
>>90609145
>in the movies has a secondary mutation that makes his personal tragedies as convenient for the story as possible.

Isn't that true for nearly super hero in super hero stories though?

>Main hero/villain becomes hero due to inconvenient situations
>Conveniently plot threads lead to revelations that come out conveniently
>Convenient set piece finale thats conveniently epic for a one on one
>>
File: okurwa.jpg (27KB, 440x398px) Image search: [Google]
okurwa.jpg
27KB, 440x398px
>>90609202
the movie seems kind of fictional so I don't think so
>>
>>90609080
>any story with the classic X-Men are completely reliant on James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, and Michael Fassbender continually reprising their roles.
Thats over now. They are probably gonna keep McAvoy
>>
>>90609221
Yeah, it seemed like Isaac knew his voice was wrong for the part but he tried to do his own take on it. It doesn't quite work but I can't fault him for trying to play to his strengths rather than trying to play the role in a way he knew he couldn't do.

He was a weird choice, though.
>>
>>90609209
What, you expected Omega Red? Its cool seeing Logan in the Weapon X gear going to town, but its so awkwardly crammed into this movie. They do it so the team can get a new jet/suits right after the mansion blows up, thats about it. And its so damn weird how Stryker shows up that fucking fast after the missile incident
>>
>>90609216
They're both pretty mundane hombre
>>
>>90609236
The problem with Magneto is that it just keeps happening over and over. Most heroes and villains tend to have maybe one big tragedy that sets their arc into motion. Magneto seems to get a new one every time they need to bring him back into the action.
>>
We can all agree 90s cartoon Apocalypse was the best version right?
>>
>>90609221
If they had just picked someone with an awesome deep voice it would have made a huge difference. It was a lot like Dr Doom in the first FF4 movie. That guy, is not at all what I imagined Doom sounding like.
>>
>>90609273
he's a tragedy magnes
>>
>>90609278
I have a soft spot for the Evolution version. It's a very different take on Apocalypse but I really loved the god-like vibe he had.
>>
>>90609145
>I yelled at the TV screen when the arrow they fired pierced both his daughter and his wife.

I cracked up laughing for like 10 minutes straight when I first saw that scene. Thankfully I wasn't in the theater.

The arrow goes through both their bodies, like they were made of pudding. And through both their hearts, killing them instantly! Whaaaaaat?

And then!

>IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT FROM MEEEEEE
>IS THIS WHAT I AAAAAAM

Pure schlock and I loved it.
>>
>>90609246
Makes sense, at this point he's really the only one still trying. Lawrence was never great but she started especially phoning it in during DOFP and Fassbender feels like he's just waiting for paycheck in Apocalypse.
>>
File: 1487618840976.jpg (36KB, 303x351px) Image search: [Google]
1487618840976.jpg
36KB, 303x351px
It feels like a season finale to a TV show I never watched. The movie is constantly switching perspectives every three minutes in some failed attempt to replicate the comics but it comes off as incredibly disjointed. The movie has almost no plot to the point that we waste 20 minutes in Weapon X for what amounts to a pointless aside and the villain's plot in the back half consists of sitting in one location doing nothing until the third act has to happen.

Still, Magneto destroying Auschwitz is a better visual metaphor then Zack Attack managed to produce in both Superman films, and the Cerebro/nuke sequence is fantastic. Singer can still produce an excellent individual sequence or scene when he tries. And I liked the new kids, even if Sophie Turner's idea of an American accent is pretending to have a cold.
>>
I think this movie killed OP
>>
>HEY GUYS!
>FLIGHT SUITS!
Are you fucking kidding me?

I'm finally starting to understand why people say certain movies are ashamed of cape shit.
>>
>>90609209
>hey look combat suits and a ship how convenient
>>
>>90609503
Nah, I'm alright. Just on my 7th beer now ... not really sure what's happening in the movie to be honest. But I'll be alright.

Very let down to be honest family.
>>
>>90609504

>I'm finally starting to understand why people say certain movies are ashamed of cape shit.

I don't know how you can say that with Apocalypse in this movie.
>>
>>90609504
>>90609509
And the suits all happened to be their sizes! Even the girls!
>>
>>90609524
>I don't know how you can say that with Apocalypse in this movie.
I feel that. And I actually like his design, despite the Ivan Ooze factor.

And I was really into the costumes in XMFC; a little bit less in DOFP.

But that sudden "oh shit flight suits! those will be our costumes!" was just so lame.
>>
>>90609530
>not keeping costumes on hand for all breast sizes
Anon do you even superhero?
>>
>>90609516
to be honest i enoyed the figth with apocalypse try to stay try to stay conscious
>>
>>90609509
>we needed them to get cool costumes and a plane, so we had to include a 20 minute Wolverine detour that otherwise has absolutely no connection to the rest of the movie!
>>
>>90609552
I'm almost there. Just cracked open beer #8 ... god help us all.
>>
Also, I know it's a meme here to hate Jennifer Lawrence, but if she doesn't make your dick tingle then you just don't understand anything.
>>
>>90609573
Starting to worry about you
>>
>>90609567
So is it like an actual genuine contractual obligation that Hugh Jackman has to appear in every movie?
>>
>the Horsemen don't do shit
Man, you guys were spot on for this one. I can't think of a more pointless "major" character than Psylocke or Storm in any recent movie.

>>90609584
Thanks, anon. I appreciate the concern. I'll be alright though.
>>
>>90609605
Probably not, but the producers seem terrified of having an X-Men movie that doesn't have Wolverine in it somewhere.
>>
>>90609605
logan was the last one fotunately
>>
>>90609605
According to the fans & normies? Yes.

Plus, I think he just genuinely loves doing it.
>>
>>90609583

> but if she doesn't make your dick tingle then you just don't understand anything.

She looks like shit in the Mystique makeup, though. The "pointy knees 2/10" crowd for her is ridiculous, but she really can't pull off the blue makeup.
>>
>>90609163
>Oh look Quicksilver is here, about to do the same exact thing he did in DOFP, only with a different song. Its fun!
i understand people didnt like it but what other otion did you have? just showin him runin in silence or with an origina or with an original score
>>
File: 1319410554485.jpg (38KB, 246x263px) Image search: [Google]
1319410554485.jpg
38KB, 246x263px
>ERIK THIS ISN'T RIGHT WE'RE FRIENDS MAN YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE ALONE YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS
>nah fuck off charles

>ERIK REMEMBER WHAT CHARLES TOLD YOU ABOUT FRIENDS YOU'RE NOT ALONE YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS
>wow mystique you're right I never thought about it that way
>>
>>90609686
>quiksilver had the perfect oportunity to tell mageneto he is not alone
>he didnt
>>
>>90609716
>hey aren't you gonna tell him
>nah I'll wait for the sequel *wink*
>>
>>90609457
I dont think you understood the visual metaphors Snyder was trying to do.
>>
>>90609457
>better than the horse/paul revere iconography in BvS

nah
>>
>>90609752
>Quicksilver died because his fast metabolism would have demanded that he unwittingly consume all of the tampered with Transigen food
>couldn't outrun his own failing body

It's beautiful. Rice FTW.
>>
Pure garbage. I can't even tell if it's worse than BvS it's so bad. It's a movie that feels like everyone behind it just gave up before it even began production. It's missing Singer's directorial flair, the writer clearly didn't give two shits, and 90% of the cast didn't care either.

I don't know why /co/ defends this movie. It's terrible.
>>
>>90607065
disappointing antags but jean finally gets some justice
some pretty choice quicksilver scenes as well
>>
And the movie literally has no plot. It isn't about anything. It's just things happening and retreading the same franchise plot points.

>The X-Men are at the mansion
>Then Apocalypse and his goons show to kidnap Charles
>Then Havoc blows accidentally up the house
>Then Quicksilver rescues everyone
>Then Stryker shows up and kidnaps the protagonists and takes them to Weapon X for reasons
>Then Wolverine

The script reads like a high schooler's "fuck it" attempt on a paper because he needs to get it in before the due date but his teacher kept telling him to revise it.
>>
>>90607560
That's good acting&foreshadowing though
>>
>>90607065
The best X-movie desu
>>
File: endoffirstclass.jpg (95KB, 640x329px) Image search: [Google]
endoffirstclass.jpg
95KB, 640x329px
>First Class
lol
>>
File: Blind Tears.gif (1MB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
Blind Tears.gif
1MB, 245x230px
>>90607065
>I liked XMFC and DOFP
So did I.

Apocalypse is honestly on par with Last Stand. Singer shit the bed HARD.
>>
>>90608353
I honestly forgot about how much that pissed me off till I read this.

I know /co/ loves to pretend Fox is amazing now because Logan was great and they aren't as popular as the MCU, but goddamn was this piece of shit forgettable. You could tell Singer only did it for the money.
>>
Its silly but fun. Felt like a Saturday morning cartoon, especially with how over-the-top Apoc is. I was laughing at a lot of scenes that I don't think were intended to be funny, and the movie is really dumb, but I had a great time overall.
>>
>>90607065
A psylock with a boob window.
>>
>>90617721
Yeah but it looks like she's wearing a blue diaper too.

Munn has such a horrible body, why would anyone okay this.
>>
I can't remember any notable schlocky scenes in this movie that could outdo the flying truck in AoU other than that arrow that instantly killer Magneto's wife and daughter.

And the CGI is shit, especially at the end.

>>90617721
Who doesn't do much or say anything. Pure fanservice.
>>
>>90612091
I enjoyed it, but my bar was already set so so low going into it. All I wanted was a movie where every 6 minutes they cut to Apocalypse mugging like a jackass about evolution and survival of the fittest and how he was the future and he was going to purify the world

And on that they delivered. Fucking terrible movie, yeah. But I enjoyed it just to see Apoc being so insane.
>>
>>90607065
Bryan Singer going full retard, taking the franchise in the complete opposite direction of what made the two original movies so enjoyable. It's dull, long and dumb, Quicksilver being its only saving grace.
>>
File: Uhh Racist and Sexist Much?.png (601KB, 982x577px) Image search: [Google]
Uhh Racist and Sexist Much?.png
601KB, 982x577px
>>90617782
>I can't remember any notable schlocky scenes in this movie that could outdo the flying truck in AoU
>Magneto being recruited by Apocalypse LITERALLY at auschwitz
>Xavier loses his hair via psychic attack
>Quicksilver never telling Magneto he's his son when that was the whole fucking point of his arc
>all that pointless Weapon X stuff including the cringe as fuck Jean/Wolverine scene
>Magneto murdering a quarter of the planet and everyone just letting him leave
>that fucking metal X
Is this a serious post? AoU was bad, but it was nowhere near as terrible as this.
>>
>>90607065
middle of the road X-men flick

its an action movie and it doesn't try to be anything else.
>>
>>90607065
My favorite thing about Apocalypse is its the action movie everyone knew Singer wasn't capable of making.
>>
>>90612139
My favorite pointless part is Striker taking them all to his rape dungeon for no other reason than to have a chea Wolverine cameo to tie into X2 because why not. Also post credits sequel hook. Absolutely disgusting.
>>
The Spiderman 3 of X Men.
>>
>>90607821
I never watched First Class so her scene confused the fuck outta me. Was still funny though.
>>
>>90607065
Not a great movie but you might enjoy it
>>
>>90617366
hyperbole
>>
>>90609179
Apparently they're still going to do another one set in the 90's with the same cast. So not only will all the younger X-Men look like they're still teens despite now likely pushing 30, but the older members like Xavier, Mystique, Magneto, Beast (assuming some of them don't drop out) will still look like they're 25-35 when by this point they should be geriatric.
>>
>>90618559
They shouldn't. They're running out of story ideas and clearly nobody involved really cares anymore. Just let the X-Men movies rest for a while and focus on spinoffs like Deadpool, New Mutants, etc.
>>
>>90608331
So you're admitting you never read any Claremont? Or Morrison?
>>
>>90607065
it was okay
>>
File: 1455494118225.jpg (65KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
1455494118225.jpg
65KB, 600x516px
Watching this made me realize how Sub-par DOFP would have been if it wasnt for the old characters.

The way the new shit is shot looks like a made for TV movie.
>>
The nuclear disarmament scene was how I always imagined a scene with the Allegretto of the 7th symphony would play, and the trap to past Apocalypse was admittedly clever, even if one has to ask how didn't the horsemen or Apoc figured out something earlier, considering they have mind-readers on their ranks, I assume.
>>
>>90607065
I'm not going to say it's as bad as wolverine goes to japan.
But it was shit.
>>
>>90609186
They were actually complete opposites. Save for a few scenes in each, Apocalypse took itself too seriously, and AoU almost didn't at all.
>>
>>90624565
>wolverine goes to japan
Was definitely better than Apocalypse.
>>
>>90609621
Yeah, but now it will be Deadpool in everything instead,
>>
File: Apocalypse.png (893KB, 1100x550px) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse.png
893KB, 1100x550px
>>90607065
It was ok. It wasn't as offensively bad as Origins or Last Stand. If its your first X-flick you'll enjoy it just fine. Kind of like the first one. But as the 9th film of a franchise it is tiring. Alot of the issues that have plagued past films are still present. Lawrence has no place playing Mystique, nor should Mystique be the lead character in an X-men movie. Apocalypse is vapid, but then again so is his comic book self. Ultimately its a been there done that scenario.
>>
>>90609313
agreed. Evolution took its own spin on a lot of things but it did most of them well.plus I think it had the best horsemen of apocalypse
>>
>>90625322
It also had Bestclops.
>>
File: 1480731405130.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1480731405130.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>90617777
>>90617782
Yeah. Her outfit was terrible. I meant "boob window" in the most sad of ways. They could've kept her classic, agile suit and just modified the leg straps to have some minimal tacticool purpose and been done. All that terrible extra bulk they added to the upper body only added to the diaper effect.
>>
File: 1478104208894.gif (2MB, 346x255px) Image search: [Google]
1478104208894.gif
2MB, 346x255px
>>90616375
You know what was fucking weird about the end of First Class? Michael Fassbender just completely reverts back to his Irish accent. Its so obvious and baffling that they left it in.

The only explanation I can think is that they filmed that scene first and he only decided to emulate McKellen's accent later on in production, but then actors in action movies in particular rerecord their lines in a sound booth in post for clean audio.
>>
>>90619911
They should just do a an r-rated x-en film with the young adult x_men. I feel like that could be fox's niche
>>
All the auschwitz stuff in the X-men movies really makes my skin scrawl. You've got this complete shlock movie series about superpowered mutant men and somewhow its acceptable to mine the holocaust for drama. I'm not even remotely close to Jewish, but jeez. That and the unbelieveably hamfisted mutant pride analogies are probably whats going to age the worst about these mediocre movies.
>>
File: a6c.gif (800KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
a6c.gif
800KB, 300x200px
Pic related
>>
File: he was a good friend.jpg (23KB, 839x361px) Image search: [Google]
he was a good friend.jpg
23KB, 839x361px
>Magneto tears the world apart
>there's no way he didn't kill several thousand people at least doing that
>Xavier and Magneto have a friendly moment and part ways as bros at the end

wat
They're both alright to just ignore that?
>>
File: warren and kurt.jpg (238KB, 1280x840px) Image search: [Google]
warren and kurt.jpg
238KB, 1280x840px
I liked it because it had Mohawk storm and qt blue boipucci. I also kind of like the way the tone felt almost light hearted and cheesy and as though it wasn't taking itself totally seriously. Which isn't such a bad thing considering I saw Logan the other day and it fucked my shit up.
>>
>>90626532
Xavier probably rationalized it away as 'Apocalypse was controlling his mind' or something.

When your friends do awful things you want to look for any little excuse to forgive them, cause they're your friends and all.

And Mags obviously doesn't give a fuck because muh mutant superiority
>>
>>90608787
>Cable and Deadpool are Avengers
>After both of them had previously fought the team, with Cable trying to kill them a couple of years prior

That's the kind of wacky malarkey I love in my funny pages.
>>
>>90618283
Quicksilver juuuust about to tell Magneto and then not doing it was exactly like AoU ending before we hear Avengers Assemble.

I swear, it's the fan version of orgasm denial. IT would have been better to avoid the issue entirely than set it up and then drop it like that.
>>
>>90625277
Everyone going YOU'RE MY HERO MYSTIQUE was fucking offensive.

Singer must know fans hate the role Mystique has in the movies, this feels like an intentional jab.

Having NIGHTCRAWLER be all like "I look up to you, Mystique" is tantamount to blasphemy.
>>
>>90628017
Are they still related in this?
>>
Some of the scenes were dark as shit. I mean I know that the XMCU has had some dark violent scenes before but damn.
>>
>>90628963
I assume not, but it's still aggressively against comics canon for no reason.

Having Kurt express admiration for Raven is like having Magneto say "this Hitler guy had some good ideas". Even if it's in a setting where Magneto isn't Jewish and never went through the Holocaust, it just leaves a really bad taste in your mouth.
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.