[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0036.png (35KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.png
35KB, 350x200px
What went wrong?
>>
>>90425377
annoying sidekick and a ploy to get the tumblr crowd (corgiland)
other than that, it's number one for the new pilots
>>
>>90425377
They showed it at 6:00 AM because they couldn't sacrifice a minute of TTG reruns.
>>
>>90425448
That's the things about animated pilots, and perhaps pilots in general. Most of them are terrible, some are okay, and a few are pretty good
>>
>>90425377
>What went wrong?
It was aired on Cartoon Network and they decided to put the pilot of Infinity Train on at an unreasonable hour, 6:00 am, because they couldn't allow "Your new favorite show" to miss its timeslot. Heaven forbid TTG have less than seven hours of airtime on in a given day.

Fucking hell, Infinity Train never had a chance.
>>
>>90425377
It's on Cartoon Network, who somehow in a world where Nickelodean and Disney Channel exists have managed to amass the most clueless board of executives.
>>
>>90425497
>>90425669
If that ain't some disrespectful shit...You couldn't even give it a chance, could you CN? You couldn't let the show pass or fail on it's own merits because you'll be damned if TTG doesn't run from dusk to dawn. Every second TTG isn't running is a second you're losing money, right?
>>
stop crying about infinity train you fucks this is at least the 5th thread this week
>>
File: 1476148979122.png (67KB, 228x228px) Image search: [Google]
1476148979122.png
67KB, 228x228px
>>90426413
Nah the biggest fuck you I've ever seen CN pull was airing a TTG marathon all day the day of Regular Show's finale, and then following it up with Shrek lmao.
And that was to a show that used to be one of the network's biggest shows.
>>
>>90425448
the creator based the corgi on a corgi he had as a kid.
>>
>>90427598
Does Regular Show even air on Cartoon Network anymore?
>>
File: 06829044.png (29KB, 310x326px) Image search: [Google]
06829044.png
29KB, 310x326px
was CN being cunts as usual? yes

was the show just waifu bait? yes
>>
>>90428402
never again
>>
>>90428402
Lol the whole treatment RS got was hilarious to me for everything it did for the network. Like idk what Quintel did to piss off the executives that bad.
My understanding was the season before the cancellation got shit time slots, like a single 6AM time slot, then eventually just got shoved online altogether. The fact that new episodes were going up online were not advertised anywhere either.
So obviously, the ratings tanked because nobody even knew it was still going on. CN then went "hurrdurr well ratings were bad so I guess you're canceled!"

So in short, no. They hadn't played any significant reruns in any accessible manner in a long time. Matter of fact, its rare I see ANYTHING outside all day TTG, with a gumball or sometimes a steven sprinkled in like seasoning.
>>
File: 1488611078749.gif (436KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1488611078749.gif
436KB, 500x370px
>>90428511
i also think rebecca sugar pissed off some executives

i think it's the way they act

the don't respect the executives

they think and they are these hot new stuff and they like to strut their stuff

they don't realize that they are easily replaceable

an executive's first duty is to make money

lets look at daria for an example

it was basically a giant fuck you to mike judge and to see if the network could do his style of show cheaper and without him
>>
>>90428676
Perhaps.
I mean, I can't believe that airing a single show nonstop all day though hasn't come to bite them in the ass though. Maybe I just don't understand kids these days, because man even if a network did play a show I genuinely liked all fucking day long as a kid, I'd get bored of it pretty fast.

I was told by my sister who is an animator that CN was supposedly in a rut with nobody pitching new shows, but I don't think that's true at all anymore.

But, I mean, playing TTG all day must be profitable because otherwise they wouldn't do it. I just have no idea how kids haven't gotten bored of it after like, what, 2 years of this scheduling? I thought their attention spans have been getting shorter lol.
>>
>>90429041
kids dont have any fucking control

most kids had to pick nick or CN or disney and that's it for most cable packages
>>
>>90429167
True but in the days of the internet, if I were a kid and tv wasn't playing shit, I'd just use my new iphone my parents bought me to watch youtube or bootlegs or something.
That's what my niece and little cousins do at least kek.
But I suppose there are a lot of kids living in less wealthy households who don't have that option. It's cable or bust.

At this rate though, if I were a kid who had any input at all on which kids programming my parents got in their cable package, I'd push for Disney than anything. But I'm also applying logic to dumb kids so I get it.
>>
>>90429167
Kids can choose to just go on Netflix at this point, or watch YouTube videos. Only kids without an Internet-enabled phone/tablet/computer or who have overbearing parents would feel like they HAVE TO go watch the 8 hour TTG marathon.
>>
>>90428676

>that spacing
>no capitalization
>no punctuation

I'm not even going to read what you posted. Holy shit, anon.
>>
File: 8 (2).gif (71KB, 495x393px) Image search: [Google]
8 (2).gif
71KB, 495x393px
>>90428676
>>90430276

>>>/out/
>>
>>90425377

http://oweeeeendennis.tumblr.com/

>Creator of Infinity train also worked on Regular show
>>
>>90425448
>a ploy to get the tumblr crowd (corgiland)
I knew I hated that choice for some reason.
>>
>>90425669
>Heaven forbid TTG have less than seven hours of airtime on in a given day.

It was, no joke, actually 8 hours and 15 minutes of TTG programming on that particular day.
>>
>>90428402
I'm pretty sure CN dumped out its finale with little to no build up just so they never have to air it again
>>
>>90426538
I don't think people are mad that Infinity Train got fucked over(I personally never minded the pilot and found it ok, not great or anything but alright), but what people seem to be mad about is that CN seems to actively screw over anything that isn't TTG and isn't allowing for new things to even have the chance to grow.

The other pilot for another show, Victor and Valentino

https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/793153819295289344

The only thing I'm seeing about V&V is that the pilot for it already aired sometime in last October.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/cartoon-network-october-2016-premiere-info.5565571/
>Victor and Valentino

Sat October 30th - 8:53 AM (EST) - Pilot [SNEAK PREVIEW]
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.