[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally the only criticisms for this movie are nit-picky BS.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 19

File: Batman_v_Superman.jpg (124KB, 257x380px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman.jpg
124KB, 257x380px
>>
>>90351698
Clunky, rushed storytelling and bad characterization are not nitpicks, anon.
>>
>>90351698
Or not muh.

>>90351980
And the movie doesn't suffer from that.
>>
Here we go again...
>>
>>90351698
This is true.
>>
>>90352009
Yes it does. Deal with it.
>>
>>90351698

The only reason that people hate this movie is the MCU has damaged their brains.
>>
I wonder what thread died, to make room for this awful one?
>>
>>90351698
People just didn't like the tone of it, or wanted something else. So they made up a bunch of reasons to hate it.. In reality it's a matter of taste. I loved it
>>
The only reason that people hate this movie is because it's bad.
>>
Snyder uses TDKR to defend batkills
>>
File: 1482638114402.jpg (1MB, 1855x1233px) Image search: [Google]
1482638114402.jpg
1MB, 1855x1233px
>>90351698
>This triggers the /co/mrade
>>
>>90352118
This. MCU is utter trash.
>>
>>90351698
Let it die. The movie was shit. Move the fuck on.
>>
DKR was bad but at least people had fun with it. BVS was bad but had nothing fun about it. Why do people keep trying to force it?
>>
File: 1475531118231.png (23KB, 523x307px) Image search: [Google]
1475531118231.png
23KB, 523x307px
>still defending the DCU
Can't help the unwilling.
>>
File: this guy.jpg (34KB, 319x430px) Image search: [Google]
this guy.jpg
34KB, 319x430px
>>90351698
Just when I thought most of you had given up.
>>
File: 1487372578504.jpg (37KB, 600x600px)
1487372578504.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>90351980
>>90352598
>>90352637
>taking the bait
>unironically
>>
>>90353283
They think if they say it enough people will believe it.

That's how sad these people are. I don't feel anger, just pity.
>>
>inb4 Martha

Maybe we'll learn that Thomas Wayne's middle name was Jonathan so Bruce and resurrected Clark can bond some more.
>>
>>90351698
It's capeshit
>>
>>90351698
BvS is garbage. From terrible editing of the theatrical cut, shit story, worst live-action iteration of Lex Luthor (all iterations suck), deconstructed characters for no reason, didn't even resolve the MoS's destruction subplot that well, triggered all the 'not muh' normies who probably never read a comic in their life.

Worldwide box office was pretty close with Deadpool which is a rated R movie that didn't even get released in China. The first live-action movie of Superman and Batman, the 2 most famous superheroes in literature and pop culture until 2006+.
>>
>>90353441
No no, it's Kino
>>
>>90353283
>>90353386
What is your definition of "fun"?
I had "fun" with Jagten because I was engaged.
Doesn't mean I was having a feel-good time.
>>
the only part I like was WW's introduction and her hellasweet theme music
>>
actually, i have to nit-pick the thing i did like about this movie. the bat cave, the casting, some of the visuals etc
in other words i could wright a short list of things i like about this move. i think snyder and his staff tried really hard to make a good movie, and i shows.
however its shit in broad strokes because snyder has absolutely no instincts when it comes to making movies.
hes like rex ryan of the bill. rex can do one thing extremely well, defense. he hase no feel for the clock, he has no basic understanding of football as a whole. that is snyder, he cant fucking make a movie. he should be on the staff of the movie, not lead it as the director.
>>
>>90352071
it doesnt
>>90353385
>anything I dont like is bait
>>
>>90352688
the movie made a point to show Batman killing as a BAD thing. He is the villain for most of the movie.
>>
>>90353385
Was about to say.
>>
>>90352118
>>90353093
I agree.
>>
>>90351698
So are we seriously still going to have these kinds of threads for Wonder Woman? Christ move on faggot, /tv/ doesnt even bite anymore
>>
>>90353460
>deconstructed characters for no reason

IDK it was pretty explicitly a reconstruction of these characters. They all started at points of being emotionally distraught from the real world, and end up being more iconic and heroic by the end.
>>
>>90353992
That's why he's here, spamming /co/ with this crap, yesterday he must have had 10 threads going at once to promote company wars.
>>
>>90354033
>>90353992
>being this paranoid

some people just like the movie and want to defend it
>>
Just wait OP itll be appreciated sooner or later
>>
>>90353992
/co/ always takes the bait. You guys are just retarded like that.
>>
>>90351698
>They all called it a shitty movie, just because of how shitty it was
>>
>>90353992
Judging by the leak threads, people will be making threads about Steve Trevor being the hero the DCEU deserves.
>>
>>90351698
>small ears Batman

SHIT MOVIE
SHIT BATMAN
SHIT UNIVERSE
>>
>>90351980

You personally failing to understand the characters and their motivations does not count as bad characterization.
>>
>>90355823
Hi Snyder. Happy belated birthday.
>>
>>90355823
>I'm sorry that you're offended
>>
>>90351698
Even the nitpicks are grasping at straws at best. The movie was perfect in every way. BvS killed critics, just like Death of Superman killed Death.
>>
>>90353283
>BVS was bad but had nothing fun about it
>fun

There's that word again.
>>
>>90351698
Literally the only reason people defend this shit is that its the first Batman and Superman movie. Its the same stage of denial that Starwars fans have held onto for Phantom Menace until several few other SW films came out since and there is no one left defending it.
>>
>>>/tv/
>>>/tv/
All of you.
>>>/tv/
>>>/tv/
>>
>>90356035
>PLEASE LEAVE MY SAFE SPACE BOARD!!!
>>
>>90356027
Give me one reason this movie is worse than shit like the Thor or Iron Man movies.
>>
>>90356081
Reddit Tomato score.
>>
>>90356067
No, you're posting things where they don't belong. This is a board about cartoons, not live-action movies. You post that /tv/.
>>>/tv/
>>
>>90356081
>Its better than le marvel

I can give several reasons.

>Lois Lane's subplot wastes time and was ultimately pointless as Lex was going to use her to get to Superman anyway.

>Wonder Woman has no place in the movie other than setup JL.

>Superman has no character arc. He just reacts to things like Batman, Doomsday, and Lex Luthor. He's literally a plot device, not a character.

>Batman's motivations and mindset aren't properly explained. Why isn't he being more rational about the situation? Why change your mind from a spur of the moment? Joker killed Jason? Is that the reason he's pissed? Why didn't he kill Joker then?

>Everything about Lex.

>Awful pacing, jumping from scene to scene, with no rhythm or reason.

I have no strong feelings for any of the Marvel films, since I general don't give a shit for Marvel outside of the Xmen, but I definitely care about DC and this film was an embarrassment.
>>
>>90356169
>This is a board about cartoons
No, it's about comics and cartoons. Figures an idiot who doesn't have the attention span to read a comic is the one complaining. This is a movie BASED on comic book characters, but you probably didn't know that.
>>
>>90356317
Nah, mods said it's fine to discuss adaptations. If you have a problem with that you're free to complain about it and get banned.
>>
>>90356455
>being this new
Lurk more.
>>
>>90351698
It's literally 3.5 movies cut together.
Nobody could pull that off, they haven't since Spider-Man 3 and never will
>>
>>90355823
>batman is now killing people at random with no remorse
>the joker is still alive to sell hot topic t-shirts and wallets even though he fucking killed robin
>y-you just don't understand the characterization
yeah fuck off.
>>
>>90356700
>It's literally 3.5 movies cut together.
>Nobody could pull that off
5 movies put in one. Glad Zack was able to give me my money's worth!
>>
>>90351698
It made less money than Avengers even though batman and superman have legacy brand recognition.
> criticism
>>
>>90351698
I liked it. Solid 6/10. MoS was definitely better but ultimately anyone who criticizes it can go fuck themselves because it lead to Reeve being on The Batman and us getting an Aquaman movie.
>>
>>90351698
>villain is complete shit with no explanation for motivation except he's mad at god and superman is the closest thing to god or some stupid shit
>ridiculous explanation for batman going to war with superman
>batman was a complete asshole "if there's a 1% chance superman may go bad i have to murder him!"
>superman is dark and brooding edgemaster
>muh mommy had the same name so you must be good after all!
>unnecessary and superfluous clips of all the justice league characters, as if they are more concerned with advertising the next movie than making this one tolerable
>uninteresting villain doomsday, introduced in a hacky way, mindless killing machine, CGI shitfest
>>
For the most part the director's cut fixed most of my problems, but there's still a few things
>Flash, Wonder Woman, and laptop watching scenes completely pointless and are only there to promote another movie
>Doomsday is just a giant stupid monster with no real reason why we should care about them fighting him, he's only there because in superhero movies there needs to be a big fight at the end
>the Doomsday fight also looked like shit, bland visuals with a boring rubble backdrop
>>
File: IMG_2257.png (309KB, 632x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2257.png
309KB, 632x472px
>>90351698
If that was true wouldnt more people like it?
>>
>>90357101
>It's another "millions of people can't be wrong" episode
I hate that movie as much as the next person but that's the most underageb& response you could make.
>>
File: IMG_9694.png (1MB, 750x1334px)
IMG_9694.png
1MB, 750x1334px
That moment when Alfred is the only decent character in the movie.
>>
>>90356240
>Lois Lane's subplot wastes time and was ultimately pointless as Lex was going to use her to get to Superman anyway.

Two characters have separate motivations. Shocker.

>Wonder Woman has no place in the movie other than setup JL.

Her entire purpose is to set up the idea that there are other metahumans that have a presence in the world. Besides, I thought you fucks whined about "rushing" and there not being enough movies establishing things?

>Superman has no character arc. He just reacts to things like Batman, Doomsday, and Lex Luthor. He's literally a plot device, not a character.

The entire movie is about people not trusting Superman and Superman understanding why he wants to be a hero. Did you just not watch the movie?

>Batman's motivations and mindset aren't properly explained. Why isn't he being more rational about the situation? Why change your mind from a spur of the moment?

Batman literally says that he doesn't trust somebody with that much power. He sees him as a monster until he sees him fear for his mom. I'm now convinced you didn't watch the movie.

>Joker killed Jason?

The movie says multiple times that Batman has been active for years and foreshadows other events that have happened in the universe.

>Is that the reason he's pissed?
What the fuck are you talking about?

>Why didn't he kill Joker then?
Oh, you're one of those "why doesn't le batman just kill le joker xD" fags

>Everything about Lex.

Not an argument.

>Awful pacing, jumping from scene to scene, with no rhythm or reason.

Just saying something is bad doesn't make it true. Having actually seen the movie, I can't understand where you're getting this.

Stop spewing nonsense.
>>
>>90356700
[Citation needed]
>>
>>90353958
And people didnt like it. You can say not muh, 2deep4u, you can think people are generally dumb for not liking your "art", and or you can explain your position.

This wont change anyones mind.
The movie dust has settled.
Verdict is in, not everyone likes the movie. Whatever people choose to do now is up to them, but its been a year now of back and forth "no YOURE stupid!"

Is it just to easy to troll with to ever really die?
>>
>>90351698
>All criticism is fake news
>>
>>90356169
>This is a board about cartoons

I fucking wish it wasn't. Why can't it just be about comic book?

Steven Universe threads are the actual cancer of this board.
>>
>>90356739

Literally never happens. The only case where you could argue this of this is when a car explodes during a chase scene, and unless you're literally autistic and have never seen a movie before, you know that people can survive explosions in movies unless you are explicitly told they're dead.

>the joker is still alive to sell hot topic t-shirts and wallets even though he fucking killed robin
Batman didn't kill Joker for killing Robin in the comics. Try harder.

>y-you just don't understand the characterization
You don't, because you are a retard.
>>
>>90355986
The dark night rises had baneposting at least. What's BVS claim? Martha?
>>
>>90357483
>Literally never happens.
yes it does.
>The only case where you could argue this of this is when a car explodes during a chase scene
see, you just gave an example.
>unless you're literally autistic and have never seen a movie before, you know that people can survive explosions in movies unless you are explicitly told they're dead.
oh, ok, so this movie is allowed to take the bullshit "people can survive explosions at close range without dying because filmmakers don't know anything about how explosions actually work, and if those were real people in those scenarios their insides would turn into so much jello pudding bill cosby would cream himself" excuse when it applies to the movie YOU like and covers up the glaring failure of characterization on the parts of the writers.
>Batman didn't kill Joker for killing Robin in the comics. Try harder.
you're kind of a fucking imbecile if you're not getting my point here. first of all, it means nothing that batman doesn't kill joker in the comics because this is not the comics. this is not the same batman as he is in the comics, this is not the same universe, this is a different interpretation of those characters. in this interpretation of this universe where batman fucking murders people and has forgone his no-kill policy, assuming he had it in the first place, the joker has no business being alive, especially compounded by the fact that batman has an extremely personal vendetta against him. if batman finds it acceptable to slaughter low-tier, street level mooks following orders, what the fuck is the world's greatest detective, who would have killed FUCKING SUPERMAN if not for the whole martha thing, doing sitting on his ass letting the joker run around loose? they sacrificed character writing for over the top action sequences and hot topic merchandise sales and it is fucking baffling how hard you fell for it.
>>
>>90357562
>waaaaaaah this movie is a movie

Do you also cry like a fucking baby about Star Wars having sound in space?
>>
>>90357483
The video of the chase scene is available on Youtube. The mini gun car he shoots explodes into shreds. The guys who slam into the tanker truck certainly die in a massive fireball, you could argue that he didn't have to save them, but that poor driver....

The two pancaked cars might but shouldn't have survivors.
>>
File: shitty lex.jpg (36KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
shitty lex.jpg
36KB, 980x551px
>>90351698
I liked it. But it did have the shittiest Lex Luthor ever featured in any incarnation of the character.
>>
>>90357562
The entire argument that Batman has foregone his no kill policy is predicated on not knowing how movie car crashes work.
>>
>>90357596
Sorry, Lex gets defended just like everything else in the movie.
>>
>>90357438
>This wont change anyones mind.
>The movie dust has settled.
>Verdict is in, not everyone likes the movie. Whatever people choose to do now is up to them, but its been a year now of back and forth "no YOURE stupid!"

This. I'm a massive defender of this movie, and will stand by the fact that it is my favorite Superhero movie to date. I've been involved in countless debates on this board defending this film. But you're correct. It hasn't really changed anyone's view of the film.

I love the film, and I stand by that. It does annoy me that there are like daily posts with some fucker hating on this movie, but I'm more annoyed by the Steven Universe threads. Or the Mouseketeers somehow saying DC comics is doing badly when the monthly sales are released and Marvel sometimes manages to scrape two or three books in the top ten when DC pretty much gets five in the top ten at minimum.

But then I remember that I was a rabid Marvel fanboy who hated DC and wouldn't touch their books under any circumstances whatsoever. And then I turned fourteen and realised that was stupid of me.
>>
>>90357603
>The entire argument that Batman has foregone his no kill policy is predicated on not knowing how movie car crashes work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3-h4Y0exk4
1 minute in, you dense motherfucker.
Batman isn't even in danger from their return fire.

There's not even a movie way for these two guys to have lived.
>>
>>90357578
>>90357603
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3-h4Y0exk4
1 minute and 10 seconds in to refresh your memory. are you seriously fucking implying that they survived that explosion? i'm honestly not sure that you know how movie explosions work, because those are dead motherfuckers. he even runs the desecrated remains of their car over just to really rub it in. your entire argument is predicated on the fact that you believe random mooks have more plot armor than any action movie hero in history, because no one has survived an explosion like that.
>>
File: Alfred P.jpg (7KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred P.jpg
7KB, 194x260px
>>90357636
You can also clearly see at 2:18 that Batman crushes the 3rd guy in the back of the truck to death under the Batmobile's wheels. You can see the Batmobile killing him clear as day.
>>
>>90357678
>they even slow-mo it so you can see the guy getting smashed.

Batfags btfo.
>>
This movie was made incorrectly, with little regard for set-up and pay-off, logic or consistency. Zack Snyder should be directing music videos, not major studio films.
>>
>>90357702
Substantiate your claims.
>>
>>90352118
This
>>
File: Wheels of Justice.jpg (45KB, 1081x565px) Image search: [Google]
Wheels of Justice.jpg
45KB, 1081x565px
>>90357694
>H-he probably lived...
>>
>>90357608

Agreed. I really like Eisenberg's portrayal of Lex. Definitely not what one expects, but I still dug it.
>>
>>90357636
>>90357670
>>90357678
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
another scene to really hammer the point down. 0:50 in, more dead to movie explosions. more families without fathers and brothers to come home to. i'm sure there's some debate to how lethal his treatment of the guys actually inside the warehouse was. at least one or two died to that grenade, though, to be fair, that wasn't on batman.
>>
>>90351698
I got real criticisms Logan & Xavier die by Logan's clone
>>
>>90357761
Being a real Snyderfan means defending all of it.
Jonathan Kent's sociopathic ramblings,
Perry White's moronic diatribes,
The whole Shebang.
>>
>>90357782
"We're trying to sell papers here Clark! People want HS volleyball results, not stories about the high-tech vigilante who's horribly scarring people!"
>>
>>90357782
>Being a real Snyderfan means defending all of it.
>Jonathan Kent's sociopathic ramblings,
>Perry White's moronic diatribes,

I wouldn't even consider myself a "real" Snyderfan, but I have zero problem with Jon's views or Perry's diatribes. I actually quite enjoyed the latter.

The one issue I will take with the two Snyder DCEU films is Lois. I feel that she's given a bigger role than is written for her.

Like, I don't know why she has to join Zod and co in Man of Steel, and her throwing the spear away/retrieving the spear felt forced.
>>
>>90357807
he just wanted photos
photos of underage volleyball players
>>
"We can't publicize this drivel about aliens at the mysterious military operation we sent you to cover, Lois. I don't care that you were found out on the ice shelf with severe internal injuries that were cauterized with some sort of advanced laser beam! Now get me that story on the market street renovations."
>>
>>90357721
I'm not going to write an essay, but there is an objective aim in all films which is to show change over time. A successful film will have interesting and logical changes in character and scenario from beginning to end. This rule is discarded by Zack Snyder in favor of a "throw shit against the wall and see what sticks" approach, in collusion with the studio that does not care about the quality of films released under its banner. This puts great strain on the editing team to save the film, and it's an absolute miracle that this movie is somehow nearly coherent, given the messy script and careless direction.

Subjectively (and this is my opinion, but it's still correct), nearly every decision made in the film is just stupid. Casting two skinny Jews as Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor was just a disastrously poor decision, to the point of being indefensible. Many regrettable sequences. Many bad lines. I genuinely pity you if you think this is a good film. There are some nice-looking parts and fun parts to it, but these things are icing, not pastry. Batman v Superman is a frosted turd.
>>
>>90357608
I'm on your side, I liked the movie. Just not their casting choice with Lex. Going back with Kevin Spacey would have been great. It would be wonderful to see him back in the role of Lex Luthor, except this time in a Superman movie I enjoyed.
Maybe they could have downplayed Lex's role in this movie, made him more background and less manic. He just lacked the one thing that Lex Luthor has always had: Smoothness. Yeah he flies of the handle when pushed just right, but Lex is a master of having that smooth, controlled demeanor. Jesse Eisenberg was just so twitchy and juvenile.
>>
>>90357832
Yeah, but you send CIA jr for that, not Clark.
>>
>>90357844
>Casting two skinny Jews as Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor was just a disastrously poor decision, to the point of being indefensible.

Fuck off /pol/
>>
>>90357896
not even /pol/, but let's be real here, jews aren't buff. they have too many people to run from and we all know that cardio kills gains.
>>
>>90357405
>Two characters have separate motivations. Shocker.

You don't do things in movies unless it serves a purpose. Lois' arc served no purpose. Perhaps they wouldn't have to resort to a 3 hour cut if they cut out unnecessary fat.

>
Her entire purpose is to set up the idea that there are other metahumans that have a presence in the world. Besides, I thought you fucks whined about "rushing" and there not being enough movies establishing things?

People wanted separate movies to do that instead. Not one movie doing the job of 20. Same as the Lois Lane stuff, unnecessary fat that could have easily been written off and handled later. It was a cynical and creatively bankrupt tactic in setting up your universe.

>The entire movie is about people not trusting Superman and Superman understanding why he wants to be a hero. Did you just not watch the movie?

What? I thought that was MOS purpose. So he's just relearning the same shit? Ok. What's the need for the internal conflict? It played no part in the film. Superman was still doing all the heroics in response while looking begrudging about it.

>Batman literally says that he doesn't trust somebody with that much power. He sees him as a monster until he sees him fear for his mom. I'm now convinced you didn't watch the movie?

Batman knew about other meta humans but makes no attempt to question them? Why isn't he the least bit suspicious about Luthor having access to the Kryptonite?

>The movie says multiple times that Batman has been active for years and foreshadows other events that have happened in the universe.

That still doesn't explain why he doesn't approach things more rationally. If he doesn't trust anyone, why isn't he suspecting Lex? Plot convenience. The movie doesn't do a good job of explaining his changed demeanor. If he's more violent, why doesn't he go after the Joker?

You're just a blind DCuck that now you've resorted to just saying I haven't seen the film.
>>
>>90357905

Why does Lex have to be buff? He's literally been overweight before?

And like, no offence or anything, but Gal Gadot could probably kill you and the three people nearest to you in seconds. I personally don't have a problem with a lean Wonder Woman.

Would I prefer pic related? Yes, but at least Gal Gadot has the right presence for the part. Whereas I feel someone who did look like pic related wouldn't have the right presence for the part.
>>
>>90351698
The theatrical cut makes it look like people suspect Superman of gunning down people. An hour is spent on this obnoxious subplot before it is literally blown up and goes virtually unmentioned for the rest of the film.

Nobody has any reason to know Doomsday is Kryptonian and thus vulnerable to Batman's Spear.

The introductions of the other JL members, especially Cyborg aka the incredible screaming torso, is nearly incomprehensible without prior knowledge of the characters.

Batman's dream is similarly meaningless without knowledge of the significance of the Omega symbol.

The deletion of Steppenwolf and the heavy editing the order of scenes makes Luthor'so motivations and the reason for his bizarre behavior murky at best. Eisenberg is also horribly miscast.

They refer to Superman as Jonathan Kent's dreams, where the Kent's of this universe have done their level best to turn Clark into a sociopath.

Batman changes in a way that is severe and obvious to Alfred but unknown to the audience since Bruce's norm is not in the movie.

A jar of piss is not menacing. It only inspires laughter in a supposedly serious scene.
>>
>>90353994
Batman and Wonder Woman do. Superman is just dead. And then not.
>>
File: 250px-Trophy_Belt.png (68KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Trophy_Belt.png
68KB, 250x242px
>>90357978
>A jar of piss is not menacing
You take that back m8
>>
>>90356455
You are the stupidest person on the fucking planet
>>
>>90357952
>People wanted separate movies to do that instead

What people? Fucking Marvel fags who saw Iron Man I and II and skipped Incredible Hulk, and First Avenger?

I'd be fine with the DCEU starting with a fucking Teen Titans movie. I'm fine with it starting with Man of Steel. I don't need nineteen films before seeing Thanos job, which is exactly what I'm going to get in the MCU.

Of the over a dozen films that have come out of the MCU I've liked four of them.

Of the three DCEU films which have come out I'm liked two of them (one of those two I loved).

The DCEU has a better track record for me. And even though I didn't like Suicide Squad I still had more fun while watching it than I did watching Iron Man II or Thor II or Avengers or Avengers II.

At least there are good production values in DCEU films.
>>
There is too much in this film that makes no sense within the context of it. Its Amazing Spiderman 2 levels of bad. Setting up Darkseid, the Flash's warning, the emails, none of this needed to be in the movie. If you wanted to tell a movie of different perspectives, keep it that way. I don't even care if Superman is melancholic or Batman's basically his Allstars persona, atleast tell a consistent narrative.
>>
>>90357996
I love that the last one is what you object to. Thanks for the laugh m8.
>>
>>90358013
12 movies to setup shit, or one messy movie to setup shit. Pick your poison. This is why Cinematic universes are cancer.

And whatever, you like their shit. I don't, so lets leave it at that.
>>
File: Autism - Reeee.jpg (43KB, 612x103px) Image search: [Google]
Autism - Reeee.jpg
43KB, 612x103px
>>90358068
>And whatever, you like their shit. I don't, so lets leave it at that.

Agreed. But most people get all "reeeee" about people liking things they don't like.
>>
>>90353994
>IDK it was pretty explicitly a reconstruction of these characters.
So when one of the producers, who is married to the director, says they were doing deconstructions, and you say this, I'm left with two options
1. You're wrong.
2. The people making the movies don't know what the terms mean.
Which should I think? I'll let you decide.
>>
>>90357405
>Superman understanding why he wants to be a hero.
And why does he?
>>
>>90357090
>Flash, Wonder Woman, and laptop watching scenes completely pointless and are only there to promote another movie

It establishes Lex being capable of figuring out who Superman and Batman are, and thus being able to manipulate them to fight each other. It also shows that he's more resourceful than Bruce, due to being able to find and track so many unknown metas.
>>
>>90358383
We already know that Lex knows who Bruce and Bats are a long ass time before the exposition laptop. Him knowing their identities could have been a cool reveal. Instead it was," I guess he knows".
>>
>>90357584

He's fine, just on life-support for the rest of his life.
>>
>>90356739

It's a plot related character flaw signalling how hard he's fallen as a hero. Only an issue if you're a "not muh Batman" fag.
>>
>>90358532
you missed the part where i said it contradicts with the fact that the joker is not currently a pile of sludge under the batmobile's tire. if you're going to have batman kill people, at least be consistent with it. he's the world's greatest detective and it's not like the joker is going anywhere any time soon. so it's either that batman is fine with killing low-level mooks, but refuses to kill the joker, or batman is so incompetent that he can somehow hold his own against superman and beat him if not for the whole martha thing, OR, the joker is even more powerful that you can't even blame batman for his incompetence because the writers won't let him die lest hot topic t-shirts stop selling. no matter how you slice it, it's shitty writing.
>>
>>90358532
Roughly a single line of dialogue from a still inexplicably supportive Alfred suggests Bruce was ever a "normal" Batman in this universe. Show don't tell.
>>
>>90358580
>you missed the part where i said it contradicts with the fact that the joker is not currently a pile of sludge under the batmobile's tire

Has it ever occured to you that the Joker isn't dumb, and knows that if he fights Batman after Superman's arrival Batman will fucking end him?

No, cause you don't realise that Joker is literally one of the most evil and maniacal villains in the entire DC Multiverse cause you don't read fucking comics!
>>
>>90358580
Joker getting ultra murdered should have been what a killer Batman would do, minute one.
>>
>>90358599
>keeping joker alive is ok because he will simply never fight or encounter his arch nemesis
boy that sounds fun for all the people who want to see that
>>
>>90358599
Batman WOULD find him you stupid fucking cunt. Also, your writing style suggests you are under the age of 17 or have a mental disability.
>>
>>90358580
>you missed the part where i said it contradicts with the fact that the joker is not currently a pile of sludge under the batmobile's tire.

That's irrelevant. Batman isn't killing every criminal he sees in cold blood. As far as we know, Joker just hasn't been seen for the past year, so it wouldn't even be an issue.

>>90358593
Bruce us constantly justifying his actions and methods to Alfred in the movie. Subtlety is apparently too deep4u
>>
>>90358612
>Batman WOULD find him you stupid fucking cunt.

Name me a single Batman comic where Batman finds the Joker before the Joker reveals himself with a maniacal scheme.

One fucking issue. I'll wait.

Also, you're patronising tone makes you sound like a giant douche or someone who doesn't read comics.
>>
>>90358628
>Also, you're patronising tone
>you're patronising tone
>YOU'RE
fuck off man
>>
>>90358608
>boy that sounds fun for all the people who want to see that

Joker waiting for Batman to get over his grief/murder stage before encountering him again is, however, exactly what happened in the comics after Joker killed Jason Todd though.

It's not that the Joker isn't around. He just isn't drawing Batman's attention.
>>
>>90357634
Congratulations for being a pathetic soldier on useless company wars because of fanboyism.
>>
File: Batman - Smug.jpg (22KB, 176x184px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Smug.jpg
22KB, 176x184px
>>90358636
>nit picking grammar
So you're both a giant douche and don't read comics?

Because I'm still waiting on that comic where Batman finds the Joker before the Joker begins his plan.
>>
>>90358628
Of course I read comics. You have a point on Batman not easily finding the Joker in the comics, I will concede that point. Sorry for the condescension. Problem being this universe's Joker is inspired by the Azzarello Joker, and thus owns multiple businesses which he appears at, in person. He is not a murder hobo dressed as a clown who could be squatting in any random warehouse.

On a side note from the argument, what's your favorite Batman run?
>>
>>90358662
You are arguing with two different people at least.
>>
>>90358646
but you're suggesting that the joker never fight batman again as that's the only conceivable way he would survive an encounter with batman at that stage. batman has been dressing up as a fucking nocturnal animal punching criminals in the streets for decades because his parents were shot, and you think the joker's going to wait on him to get over robin's death which he caused? i don't think "get over" is in batman's dictionary. even if they did do that in the comics, that doesn't sound quite right to me.
>>
>>90358676
>what's your favorite Batman run?

No one's entire Batman run has ever really made it my favorite. I really like a lot of Stalin's stuff in the 80s. Some of Dixon's stuff in the 90s. Parts of Morrison's run. O'Neil/Adams run is definitely up there. But (and this is probably due to the art) my favorite is probably Snyder/Capullo's. Snyder's writing while not great is good, but Capullo's art is so fucking good.

Favorite Batman stories are probably (in no particular order save the first being number 1)

Dark Knight Returns
A Death in the Family
Batman RIP
Court of Owls
Year One
Demon's Head
Night of the Monster Men
>>
>>90358709
>Night of the Monster Men

Almost got me.
>>
>>90358694
>and you think the joker's going to wait on him to get over robin's death which he caused? i don't think "get over" is in batman's dictionary. even if they did do that in the comics, that doesn't sound quite right to me.

But, like, he did do it in the comics. When someone close to Batman dies he goes off the rails for a little while, and then punches and exhausts himself through the remainder of his grief.

This happened with both Jason and Damian. This is literally what Batman does in the comics. If you're arguing someone different it's your personal headcanon which the comics contradict.

Also, the Joker is obsessed with Batman. So the Joker will actually wait that shit out.
>>
>>90358719

Fuck. Not the new one. I think it's just called Batman and the Monster Men.

The one in Legends of the Dark Knight. The new one sucked.
>>
File: con air.jpg (22KB, 220x319px) Image search: [Google]
con air.jpg
22KB, 220x319px
>>90351698
you could say the same about this movie
>>
>>90358709
I'm a pretty huge Morrison fanboy since the hype surrounding Dickbats and Damian is what got me to follow currently running comics. Before that I was just a Teen Titans fan who got into John's run and worked my way backwards.

I could totally see someone who likes Scott Snyder's stuff being more accepting of the DCEU. Loved Black Mirror thought Owls was solid, Zero Year was ok. Kinda despised the rest.

When did you get into comics?
>>
>>90358721
but the thing is, this isn't comics batman. this is a totally different batman who's fine with killing randos, and even if the joker were to wait the worst of it out, he'd end up no different. there's no excuse for that kind of writing. if batman and joker share any screentime together, it'll be fucked if batman's first action is not to fucking murder him because that is the character that this movie has established.
>>
>>90358769
>When did you get into comics?

In the 90s with X-Men (you can thank X-Men the animated series). Then I stopped reading cape comics in the early 2000s because of Civil War and Wolverine having a fucking backstory.

Got back into reading capes in 2015.

>it'll be fucked if batman's first action is not to fucking murder him because that is the character that this movie has established.
Did you not see the end of Batman v Superman where Superman literally redeems Batman with his sacrifice and death? The contrast between what Batman says early to Alfred about how wretched people are compared to the end when he talks to Diana about how people are still good?

Also, you're assuming that Batman won't try to kill the Joker but that the Joker will escape.

Like the Joker does actually fight Batman when they encounter each other. And the Joker isn't a schlob. Killing the Joker isn't an easy feat,
>>
>>90351698
> promise investors 1 billion box office
> blame flop on paid RT shills
>>
>>90358771

Batman isn't murderman anymore at the end of BvS, so your entire post is pointless.
>>
>>90358813
Mostly a Marvelfag before 2015 then?

I've been a DCfag nearly exclusively with the exception of Kirby's Marvel work and Captain America in specific. I actually probably have a more complete view of Cap's history then Batman since it so much easier to actually READ all of Cap's stuff then it is Batman, who has had between 2 and 15 ongoing support featuring the character since 1940.

You got a Skype or something? This conversation is going to a more interesting more civil place then this thread has any right to and I'd like to continue it.
>>
>>90358864
what on earth made you come to that conclusion?
>>
>>90358873
>Mostly a Marvelfag before 2015 then?

Yeah, I only really read Batman before 2015 from DC, like I'd pick up occasional other things DC but mostly I just read Marvel. When I got back into comics in 2015 I saw that Wolverine still had a fucking backstory, and I think he was dead then too. I saw that DC had rebooted with Flashpoint and got back into Batman then.

No Skype which I'm cool with handing out. I do have an email which one can contact me on though.
>>
>>90358922
If you're cool throwing an email out here then sure. Wouldn't mind picking your brain on comics.
>>
>>90358876

He would have killed and branded Luthor, if he was. He even says that he failed Clark in life, but he won't in death.
>>
>>90357483
Yes, I'm sure the flamethrower dude and everyone in that room not under Batman's cape survived the fiery explosion. Retard.
>>
>>90358941

[email protected]

You can ask me more shit here. While I'm not as encyclopedic as some people. I have a pretty good understanding of the history of comics from the Big Two, and have fairly reasonable knowledge on some characters. The characters I know the most about are Batman, Wolverine, and Daredevil up to and including Guardian Devil. Oh, and I don't know shit about what Logan has been up to since he was given his dumb backstory and his name became James...
>>
>>90358612
>Batman WOULD find him you stupid fucking cunt.
To be fair, this Batman probably wouldn't, because this Batman is a blind idiot that can't even do research on par with Lois Lane because "don't wanna".
>>
>>90359012
Subject line is "Batman and other shit"
>>
>>90358612

This is the worst type of bat-fanboy faggotry. Batman isn't all powerful, all knowing entity. He fucks up a lot and usually only finds people, especially criminals, when it's already too late.
>>
>>90359054

>BvS fans claim this movie has the most investigative Batman yet

>it's mostly just Bruce napping while waiting for a hard-drive to be decrypted
>>
File: mystery men.jpg (107KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
mystery men.jpg
107KB, 400x600px
>>
>>90359172

Casanova Frankenstein is genuinely a more menacing villain then Eisenlex.
>>
>>90359156
> leaving out that he can see into the future with his naps because why not
>>
>>90351698
Goddamn it, let it go.
>>
>>90353410

Now THAT would be pottery.
>>
>>90357636
Did the movie MENTION that they died? No? Then they didn't die! That's how it works now, you know.
>>
>>90357978
>where the Kent's of this universe have done their level best to turn Clark into a sociopath.
No you mother fucking retard, the Kents taught him that the needs of the many outway the needs of the few, that is NOT fucking sociopathy, they were concerned thousands could die if he goes public and felt avoiding that was more important then saving people at random.
Hence the line "there is more at stake then our lives or the lives of those around us"
>>
>>90351698
the mental loopholes you fags go through to justify what is objectively the worst cape movie of all time
>>
File: super-retard.jpg (28KB, 499x376px) Image search: [Google]
super-retard.jpg
28KB, 499x376px
Reminder that this is Day 1358 of continuous daily (sometimes hourly) Zack Snyder apologists threads.
>>
Why is it such a phenomenon to defend this movie? It's been months of this shit now.
>>
File: DC movie fans.jpg (933KB, 1860x1054px) Image search: [Google]
DC movie fans.jpg
933KB, 1860x1054px
>>90359287
>telling disgruntled DC fans who harasses Rotten Tomato critics because a bad movie got a bad review to "let it go"
>>
>>90352767
>Layers upon layers of symbolism
>Suicide Squad ends up getting an oscar
>>
>>90363042
>BvS sacrifices story for symbolism
>Is widely panned and didn't meet WB's expectations

>Suicide Squad panders to the lowest common denominator with quips, Bat wank, and fanservice.
>Wins an oscar for best hair/makeup.

It ain't fair lads, we were supposed to be kino, not marvel-lite.
>>
>>90360002
But where were the parachutes?
>>
>>90361432
I don't think you understand how RT works.
There are no "RT critics", they're all critics from a variety of websites that RT only aggregates. The aggreagation shows a lot of bad reviews (and some good too), not one bad "rotten tomato" review.
>>
>>90363242
they were inside them all along
>>
>>90363337
Spooky shit.
>>
>>90360558
That's not it. They thought it was important for Clark to be allowed to discover his purpose on Earth and then decide his future on his own terms. Little Clark was too young to fully grasp the enormous impact and danger his existence meant to the world, so it was important to teach him to be careful with his secret.

If his existence went public before he was ready for it (or even willing to do it), like say as he was a ten year old kid, his freedom would be taken away from him. His entire course of life would be defined and decided for him. He'd be the Alien forever, he'd have no normal life anymore, or privacy.

BvS even shows that he still had to struggle a lot with the responsibilities and burdens of being a public figure, after he had made his choice.
>>
>>90363585
>arguing with it in good faith

Here, let me save you the trouble and write his response

>NO THATS DUMB ZACK SNYDER IS A HACK THATS NOT SUPERMAN THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE
>>
This guy made good points
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxrlKqkW5IY
>>
>>90356739
>>batman is now killing people at random with no remorse
Batman didn't start until shortly before BvS and stops by the end of it.
>>the joker is still alive to sell hot topic t-shirts and wallets even though he fucking killed robin
He tells Alfred that criminals are not the real threat anymore and focusing on Superman is the most important thing. That's why he didn't go after people like Joker
>>y-you just don't understand the characterization
Clearly you don't.
>>
>>90351698
>wanting a Superman that actually looks like he enjoys saving people is a nitpicky complaint

wew lad
>>
>>90351698
>The entire crux of the movie is that Batman wants to straight up murder Superman because he MIGHT be evil. Investigate that? Nah, he'll just make broad assumptions and kill him.

But what was I thinking? I'm just being nit-picky, I guess.
>>
>>90351980
This. The movie was a trainwreck. Pretty, ambitious, but a trainwreck nonetheless
>>
>>90352118
Yes company wars hipster logic explains it. You've figured it all out.
>>
>>90353230
This. Goddamn am I tired of hearing about this movie. If you are in the minority that liked it grow the fuck up and learn that you can't force people to like shit and that you liking something that others hate doesn't mean you have some kind of special snowflake taste.Fuck
>>
Superman being a fascist dick and threatening Batman into retirement was frustrating. Why can't this Superman act like a fucking adult? Use your words man. Talk to somebody. Anybody! The most he talked to anyone was him venting his angst to Lois for a minute.
>>
>>90365192
Because he believes Batman was crazy man that doesn't listen to reason. Did you see the UE? When Clark is investigating in Gotham he hears the stories about Batman and how he won't listen to reason and the only thing that can stop someone like that is by force.

It makes more sense in context in why they would fight. Look at the world today. Wars and battles can easily be save if we are willing to listen and talk things out. But, both parties have preconceptions on how the other is and won't do something so simple as listening to others. Snyder understands that is the real problem at the core of conflicts among people and the world.
>>
>>90365770
I think you're giving Snyder a bit too much credit here.

At it's core, the movie was billed as "Batman v Superman," rather than something like "Dawn of Justice" so the fight between them had to happen at some point.

Not that there's anything wrong with that but the reasons that eventually lead them to fight only really works because they have random bouts of retardation for the sake of plot.

Like there's no reason for Superman to not be able to detect his mother's heart beat and there's no reason that Batman would be surprised by his enemy's mother sharing his dead mother's first name, and if there's a reason that's presented in the film (not interviews or commentary or DVD extra, the actual fucking film) then it's either poorly conveyed or just comes off as an excuse like Kojima excusing Quiet's outfit as "she needs to breathe through her skin."
>>
You guys really love this movei don't you?

Even the ones that hated it, love to talk about it.

IF not for Snycer this board would be dead already
>>
>>90367273
This isn't /tv/ though.
>>
>>90367043
>Like there's no reason for Superman to not be able to detect his mother's heart beat and there's no reason
How? Do hearts sound so distinctly different that you could pin point the exactly location? I could see if she have a certain condition or something.Can he really search every house in Metropolis and Gotham with less than a hour that Lex gave? Who's to say she even above ground? She could be below the surface. Hel she could be in another city all together.
> there's no reason that Batman would be surprised by his enemy's mother sharing his dead mother's first name
Except for the fact that he doesn't know any about Clark or his family and thought it was more about Clark trying to fuck with him.
>>
>>90367570
>This isn't /tv/ though.
that is the board of Nolan my friend
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.