[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Unbreakable Cinematic Universe /co/-related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Mister-Glass.jpg (115KB, 725x307px) Image search: [Google]
Mister-Glass.jpg
115KB, 725x307px
Is the Unbreakable Cinematic Universe /co/-related?
>>
The scene where he fell down the stairs was honestly kino, such amazing cinematic portrayal of fear of everyday tasks.

Didn't like the plot that much, especially the "ESP" shit, they could've made Glass a hacker or something instead.
>>
>>89833672
I feel like hackers are really over used though and I SamJ was a hacker then when oul Spruce Bruce turned him in there would be no way to find criminals.
>>
>>89833672
>Didn't like the plot that much, especially the "ESP" shit

I don't know, I liked the idea that a superpower could be so subtle that you don't even know you have it. He just saw it as intuition, and it took him time to reqlize it was always right.
>>
>>89833559
No.
>>
How is it at all /co/ related? It's not a comic, it's not a cartoon, it's not even a movie based on one of those 2 things.
I get that /tv/ sucks if you want to talk about a movie, but don't bring it here
>>
>>89834345
> /co/ is %90 about superhero /villians
> New superhero/ villian movie is not related to the /co/

Please go to heatcliff and rape/gordon threads
>>
>>89834367
>Just let us talk about movies on the wrong board!

You're insufferable. Superheroes are a genre, not a fucking medium.

>>>/tv/.
>>
>>89834345
Comic books are an integral part of Mr. Glass' story. Everything in Unbreakable happens because he's really into superhero comics.
>>
File: IMG_1925.png (57KB, 220x325px)
IMG_1925.png
57KB, 220x325px
>>89833559
Who knows comics better?
>>
>>89834345
>not even a movie based on those 2 things
It's very much based on the entirety of comic-book mythology. It's actually a movie about "what if comic book shit was real?" in the form of a do-gooder who is nigh invulnerable but with an archetypal single weakness, an antagonist who is his polar opposite in terms of powers (and a psychic in a wheelchair to boot), etc. The film even smears itself with comic book lore by elevating comics to the level of mankind's last link to an ancient form of storytelling that is intrinsically linked to people with superhuman powers.
It may not be based on a pre-existing "Unbreakable" comic title, but it is based on the very concept of "comic book superhero".
>>
>>89834712
whoa
>>
>>89834712
>it's a grant morrison browses /co/ episode
>>
File: 1467060354568.jpg (371KB, 1513x753px)
1467060354568.jpg
371KB, 1513x753px
post yfw the Unbreakable theme started playing in Split
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.