[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Clone Saga Storytime Part 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 231

>>89653968
>>89657493
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>89660375
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Daredevil
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>89661032
>>
>>
>>89661253
People are wrong about Maximum Carnage being as bad as Maximum Clonage, Maximum Carnage was just a dumb story while Maximum Clonage was meant to end the Clone Saga and failed so hard we got 1.5 more years of it or so my sources claim
Also i can't shit on what gave us a great game
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>89661790
>People are wrong about Maximum Carnage being as bad as Maximum Clonage, Maximum Carnage was just a dumb story while Maximum Clonage was meant to end the Clone Saga and failed so hard we got 1.5 more years of it or so my sources claim
>Also i can't shit on what gave us a great game
Great soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nn0vMZuD3Q
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>89643389
>>
>>89661790
You can read Life of Reilly for any factual claims you might want to make. That time frame doesn't seem all too wrong, but I'm not sure if that's it exactly.

The thing is, the end point for "Clone Saga" by then was "Ben is the real one. Execute the switcheroo". I don't think it extended that point by so far.

But far be it from me to defend it from a storytelling standpoint. They left the most crucial points of the story in the hands of Tom Lyle (an artist first and a writer second), and the bunch of McFarlane copycats (Lyle and Bagley themselves excused) didn't do the script justice (and it's not a good script to begin with).

Also Maximum Carnage is good but overrated. Yes, the game.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>89658991
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>89661790
I'd say Maximum Carnage is a 1.5/10 while Maximum Cloneage gets negative points not only for being awful, but failing to do everything it set out to do:
>establish Ben Reilly as the one and only Spider-Man (open ended, it doesn't)
>send Peter and MJ off into the sunset happily ever after (it doesn't)
>resolve the Gwen clone storyline for good (it doesn't, she fades into limbo just like at the end of the 70s Clone Saga)
>generally wrap up the Saga and not increase the amount of ridiculous shit going on (HUNDREDS OF SPIDER-CLONES, Jackal's character is turned into a GENOCIDE! villain because of reasons)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>89662244
>generally wrap up the Saga and not increase the amount of ridiculous shit going on (HUNDREDS OF SPIDER-CLONES, Jackal's character is turned into a GENOCIDE! villain because of reasons)

Back when I was first reading the Clone Saga as a kid I never liked the Jackal coming back.

Definitely not the way they did it with "magical visions driving them to the same place". FFS, the guy's a geneticist, not the magical overlord of the subconscious.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
What Issue does Kaine loose his hobo looks.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>89662491
>FS, the guy's a geneticist, not the magical overlord of the subconscious.
To be fair most of Marvel's super scientist types seem to master every area at once or at least be as competent as regular civilian scientists are in their respective areas of expertise. If you accept that, Jackal having neurobiology psychobabble skills seems forgivable enough.
>>
>>
>>
>>89662753
*meant to type "be as competent in areas they don't master"
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>89661790
Being "up there" with Clonage doesn't mean it's AS bad, just almost as bad.

Maximum Carnage is the shining example of marketing overriding storytelling. It's 12 issues of fucking nothing that's drawn poorly and makes no goddamn sense and fails to even entertain. Clonage is an example of what happens when you get too many angry fucks arguing with a brand hanging in the balance and they just sabotage themselves.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>89661321
>>89661336
>>89661370
Okay, it's not just me with this first issue, right?

Buscema or John Kalisz MUST have been reading that hot new "Hellboy" thing before working on this issue, right? Because this shit screams Mignola aesthetics, and Buscema's older work did not look like this.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>89661253
Damn, I really love Puma.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>89663308
Buscema had been going angular well before this point of the Clone Saga. When DeMatteis was already the writer and he the artist, sort of around "The Child Within" arc for Harry Osborn, that was already prevalent.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>89664064
Poor Otto
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>89664064
"My best enemy" Otto should have remained a whole lot longer than it did. There I said it.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>89657356
>>
May i can run Spider-Girl in the future after Ben epic.
>>
>>
>>89661253
Best of luck to you, anon for trying to storytime Clone Saga in a weekend.
>>
Come Peter were you drunk.
>>
>>89664446
>Best of luck to you, anon for trying to storytime Clone Saga in a weekend.
thank you anon.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
God damn Aunt may got a good send off. Fuck you marvel.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
The end of part 3. Thanks for reading more tomorrow.
>>
>>89661253
Bump
>>
>>89665143
Thank you
>>
http://pastebin.com/4N3pmZPh
>>
https://youtu.be/8l3Bo1MK9_Q
>>
>>89664741
web of death is easily the best thing about the clone saga along with aunt may's death
Thread posts: 249
Thread images: 231

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.