[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Re-writing SW EP 7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 11

File: unammed planet.jpg (31KB, 640x396px) Image search: [Google]
unammed planet.jpg
31KB, 640x396px
Alright you sorry bastards, if you didn't like episode 7, and would like to work with me re-writing it with no correlation to the actual 7 let me know.
>>
Make Finn the main character. Let us see more of him as a stormtrooper before he defects. Change Rey's character largely and make her from Hosnian Prime as well. Let us see more of that planet before its destruction.
>>
Finn is the MC
We see more of the Empire being evil (but they're less obviously nazis too) so we know what he's afraid of
He doesnt become a Jedi but keeps the lightsaber
Rey is a Jedi but fights with her staff monk style
Finn and Rey take down Kylo together
TELLITAEKANJIKLUB scene is omitted

Done
>>
I was thinking of scrapping rey and finn all together and using characters called Sam and Kira (no anime weeb stuff implied, its just Lucas's names for the main characters in his ideas for 7)
>>
This is /co/.
You want >>>/tv/.
>>
>>88813221
100+ YEARS SINCE ROTJ
NO SKYWALKERS
NEW CHARACTERS ONLY (maybe Artoo)
FINAL DESTINATION
>>
I was wanting to do the whole 20 years thing since thats what lucas did for 3-4 and Lucas says starwars is a story of skywalkers, I kinda want to walk that line
>>
>>88813221
Finn is the MC.
Rey is a scullery girl enslaved to a Hutt.
She serves him instinctively, and Finn must convince her that she's more than a slave.

No soccer ball droid.

No old people.

Imperial Remnant.

Katarn.
>>
I like these insights tho, keep them coming
>>
File: TFA concept.jpg (80KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
TFA concept.jpg
80KB, 800x532px
Make Plagueis the villian like they were going to do before JJ "I'm Alergic To The Prequels" "Flags? Prequel Flags? Take Em' Out, I'd Rather Fuck A Fag" Abrams ruined the movie with his total lack of creativity.
>>
>>88813340
If you're going to have a movie where no one believes in/has forgotten the Force, there needs to be more of a discovery phase when a MC learns about it.

Rey instantly masters the Force. It's boring. Give us more time to learn with Rey. Maybe instead of a map to Skywalker, Finn and Rey discover recordings of Skywalker, or maybe even a droid or something with specific instructions or memories from Skywalker. It's through those recordings that Rey or Finn or whoever learns about the Force.
>>
I really like the finn fearing the empire for a reason thing, and instead of making rey a mary sue, just make her a gear head, someone who is actually skilled flying and repairing. fin being a defector makes him seem like a cool character in the sense he has a mind, and isnt some mindless dope. i thought about making kylo ren called darth vex and making him sorta deep in the dark side, being trained well, and if there was a battle between any jedi and him, it would be almost one sided, needing a third party (luke) to intervene and save their asses. i want to throw out this PC and heavy comedic humor shit too. the forgotten force thing doesn't make sense because why would and entire galaxy whom has a hero (skywalker) forget about it? its a damn religion, i thought it was silly for abrams to do that,
>>
>>88813221
Sure.

All these anons are overthinking it. Rey and Finn were good characters (Rey does need a nerf, be it to her fighting, her technical skills, or her force sensitivity, pick one and cut the rest). She also works way better as the Skywalker of the story.

It's pretty easy to fix VII.

>Axe the whole superweapon plotline
>Make the search for Luke the primary focus, if you need another make it hace something to do with Poe to make him an actual character.
>Make original areas, so no copycat planets
>Create actual stakes, no Marlel tier quipshit (quips are fine, not at the expense of narrative tension)

There, the biggest issues with the story are fixed. Star Wars is the Skywalker Saga: Vader's Rise, Fall, and now Legacy. That's obvious. VII just needed to be further from ANH in execution.
>>
>>88813313
100+ years is too small, more like 200 or 500 or 1000.

Point is the Star Wars story as of ROTS was the "Anakin saga". It didn't start out that way, but the prequels made them so. Now he's dead. He fucked up the galaxy but then helped save it, so he was the Savior of the Universe after all. That's closure enough for one story, so better start another. With as much of a blank slate as possible, preferably. Rehashing the old story beats with his kids and grandson just a few decades later is just uninspired.

In the future the Skywalker line can still exist but don't have them be major players.
>>
>>88813438
>Finn...[was a]...good character
'no'
Good actor, terrible character.
Goes from slave brainwashed from childhood to wisecracking American black man quicker than you can say "JJ is a hack".
>>
File: amazement.gif (266KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
amazement.gif
266KB, 420x315px
Yes, thank you yes!
>>
>>88813438
The PT was Anakin's rise and fall. The OT was Anakin's legacy.

So the ST we're getting will be just more of Anakin's legacy. Boring.
>>
File: 1478166087578.gif (846KB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
1478166087578.gif
846KB, 440x300px
>>88813299
>The empire being less obvious Nazis?
Are we even watching the same franchise, /pol/? They've always been super obvious Nazis. Everything Lucas does is Nazi bashing.
>>
I honestly think bloodline shouldn't matter, and those whom are the chosen ones are virgin births, and deemed -SKYWALKERS- no matter what path they may go down. Luke wasn't the chosen one it was annie, which was cool. I feel like the new hope for the galaxy shouldn't be directly related to luke or anyone, but a skywalker none the less.
>>
>>88813313
>>88813456
I actually agree with this. Although I think TFA had some neat ideas with Finn, rehashing the OT again is just an unnecessary retread. Wiping the slate clean and setting it centuries after the OT with new characters and new conflicts would've been that much more interesting.

Also fit Finn or a Finn-like character in there. I think he had a lot of potential, they just needed to execute the idea of a brainwashed stormtrooper defecting better. Finn should've been conflicted as fuck, having to fight against his programming. He should've been a more morally ambiguous character. There's a good idea underneath there.
>>
>>88813514
>Skywalkers are always birthed from virgins, destined for great social upheaval one way or the other, and extremely gifted in the manipulation of the Force
>Skywalkers are the Links or Avatars of the Star Wars universe
I want this. A good way to continue a 'legacy' of sorts while wiping the slate clean.
>>
>>88813221
Remove Finn.

Why would brainwashed space nazis have a black stereotypical guy in their troops? And why would you put a janitor on important mission? And what the fuck are his motives even? He is such a fucking waste. The truth is, nobody thinks of him as stormtrooper. Theres no transformation from stormtrooper to Finn. He just starts off as Finn. And Finn is just black guy. His personality is just being black. His life goal is just being black. He plays out like black parody. You just did Black Knight, but instead in Star Wars. Finn would've made more sense, if he had said he's seen all the Star Wars movies, instead of being the janitor.
>>
Just use Star Wars Legacy as a guideline.

>Republic and Imperials made peace, now they're the Galactic Alliance
>the Emperor is a Skywalker descendant
>Gray-morality Empire for once
>fuck yeah Imperial Knights
>Tensions with traditional Jedi
>New Sith (or whatever the Dark Side group is called) start shit again, take over
>Three-way conflict (at first)

If Cade Skywalker is too much of an edgelord, it doesn't have to be a straight adaptation. Darth Krayt's identity is literally who if you don't read the other Dark Horse series so he'll have to be changed.
>>
>>88813620
>but you can't cut Finn
Replace with Poe. Also makes Plasma more interesting, since now you have Rey rivaled by Kyle and Poe rivaled by Plasma.
>>
>>88813514
>>88813563
Only works if it's far enough in the future, as "Skywalker" was Shmi's surname.
>>
>>88813221
I'd make Ren less of an emo bitch-boy and more of a seemingly "cool and collected" figure that has a rage that is just waiting to be let out. (and maybe does briefly before collecting himself again, maybe)

Make sure that the protag can't just 1v1 Ren from nowhere.

Han Solo tried to talk to Ren the same way, but slowed Ren down before dying... and again, Ren wasn't being an emo bitch-boy this entire fucking scene, though maybe he raged here.

No tears though, because that makes Ren more of an emo bitch-boy.

One thing I'd make sure to do is make certain Kyle Katarn shows up, even if just briefly with Luke, and make certain his holstered lightsaber is visible.

The other thing is I'd remake Rouge One and throw Kyle in there, giving him better motivation for rebelling and stealing the plans for the death star, then end it with him going into hiding as a smuggler.

I think 99% of my problem with TFA was Rey being able to 1v1 Ren and Ren being an emo bitch-boy.
>>
>>88813390
But Sheev killed Plagueis.
>>
>>88813654
>not knowing that Shmi was a 1000 year old Jedi who toppled the Sith empire.
>>
>>88813688
Or so he thinks.
bum bum bum
>>
>>88813704
Is this a fan theory or something? I kinda like this better than what we actually got.
>>
Yeah, the whole ren being a little pussy made me mad. I wanted him to be like a Duku/vader type.
Making him very level headed, but also diplomatic, not wanting to kill enemy soldiers but to learn what they know to use it against them.
The whole "kill them all thing" in the village scene of 7 was really stupid, anyone could have had those plans, but damn them flametroopers didn't give a fuck, no one stopped and said "hey lets search everyone and take them for interrogation, and also, don't destroy that X wing, it could have a log that can be traced back to a base"
>>
>>88813723
>I kinda like this better than what we actually got.
dude
That was me shitposting.
I love Shmi as she was. Shmi is how you do a "strong woman".
>>
>>88813671
Him being an emo bitch-boy was annoying but not as much as having no good reason for being a Vader wannabe.

It's literally too soon, and brings up all sorts of questions, like why didn't Anakin's Force ghost pop up and say "boiii". The "next movie" excuse doesn't cut it.

Now if some unrelated dude wanted to be the new Vader a thousand years later, when the events have blurred into distorted myth, who's gonna stop him?
>>
Main problem with it is the same with Amazing Spiderman 2, but instead of cramming characters it crammed unresolved plot points and 'mysteries' that would later be answered in the sequels.

Basically, it cant stand on its own, you have to watch 6 movies to know whats going on, and not only that, you also have to wait for 2 more movies to even have answers to your own questions.

Episode 4 5 and 6 can stand on their own, it also set up a few questions or mysteries but it wasnt built around it, you could watch the movie and understand and appreciate it on its own, instead of setting up more unresolved things.

tl;dr
>Episode 8
>Who is Kaz?
>wait for Episode 9
>Who is Snoke?
>Wait for episode 9
>Why is Rey so good at everything
>Wait for Episode 9
>Why is Finn so convenient
>Wait for Episode 9
>What is the first Order?
>wait for Episode 9
>Why is luke so torn when seeing Rey?
>wait for episode 9
>>
>>88813763
Idk

I've never particularly cared for Darth Vader's humble origins so I've always felt like something a little grander would've been better.
>>
>>88813776
>like why didn't Anakin's Force ghost pop up and say "boiii".
I'd pay money for a scene of Hayden and Driver talking like in the concept art.
>>
>>88813800
Agree to disagree, I guess.
>>
the flaws in 7 were

> PC bullshit, lets hear some cussing here and there, han said damn and hell, stop the kiddy business

>I got feminism spilled in my childhood

> ren is a bitch, no strategy behind the first order makes sense

> more feminism with fazma

> Re-hashed 4 (pretty much the same movie but one was unique and beautiful)

> Jew Jew Abrams and his lens flare

>no familiar species

>STOP WITH THE SUPER WEAPON

> why did they not bow up the base before? they had the plans for it. why did it take the destruction of the republic to make this happen????

> No actual characters but rey

> han not dying for a reason, no sacrifice.
>>
Doesn't everyone already know where this trilogy is going?

Rey switches sides because of her daddy issues. Same with Kyle. Finn becomes Jedi and saves Rey at ep.9.

The reason Kyle is such a bitch, is because he is not ment to be a threat. Same way Rey is build like a powerhouse, to become a threat. Finn then is their huge twist, so you can look back on the first episodes to see how they had it under your nose the whole time. The Force Awakens isn't of Rey, but Finn. Episode 7 is about Finn awakening, freeing himself from the Nu-Empire and trying to find his purpose.
>>
>>88813805
If Anakin's ghost did show up only to be ignored, Kylo's bitching about Light-side temptation would actually make sense.

There's nothing to support it. Classic "telling but not showing".
>>
>>88813860
If that scenario comes true, just have Finn and Poe kill both fuckers and then they ride into the sunset.
>>
File: 776.gif (849KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
776.gif
849KB, 200x200px
>>
If you want to change anything, change the woman behind who basically said that men are mad that girls are stealing star wars from them

Jesus fucking christ, of course we are, we grew up watching these franchise wanting to be Luke or Han, we bought action figures, light sabre toys, costumes and all that shit, our sisters dressed as leia maybe once or twice but didnt give an actual shit about it
>>
File: MTM3NDYzNjM0MjMzMzM3MjYx[1].jpg (41KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
MTM3NDYzNjM0MjMzMzM3MjYx[1].jpg
41KB, 620x413px
>Use an early draft of the film where Luke Accompanies them on their journey

>Have Kylo Ren resemble his concept art more
>>
File: 1479489559504.jpg (893KB, 2192x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1479489559504.jpg
893KB, 2192x1020px
>>88813896
It's a shame that alot of the people involved in the production and creative process of this new Star Wars canon are liberals who have to shove their political beliefs in everything.
>>
>>88813860
>Rey switches sides because of her daddy issues.
I feel like the only one who genuinely doesn't see this happening.

If it does happen, I'm going to be upset, because I've had a similar idea of a dark Force user turning good and vice-versa for a long while now, and I wouldn't want them to just use an idea I've had brewing in my mind for a few years.

That said, I just don't really see it happening. Rey didn't really show so much of a hint towards turning to the Dark side in TFA and I don't foresee her "daddy issues" as you put it being so strong as to make her consider joining the Empire.
>>
>>88813903
>>Use an early draft of the film where Luke Accompanies them on their journey
This alone would have made me at least tolerate the film.
As it was it was too off-brand for me to care.
not!Tatooine
not!Coruscant
not!TheEmpire
not!TheRebellion
etc
>>
>>88813896
to an extent yes.

if youre a kid you basically only have 2 choices

>do you want to be Finn, a storm trooper who lost his sword fight

or

>Kylo Ren the man in black who was very strong with the red sword

Poe is a non character to kids, I bet they wont even remember him, this is where it falls for Rey, no female child would want to watch Star Wars, or even have the capacity to sit through it, so the only ones who would even want to be Rey are the Nerd normies who basically pushed it down their throats. Kids want sword fights, and theres only two choices for it, if its youre house then youre definitely Kylo Ren
>>
>>88813861
Hell, this might be too similar to TASM2 and Gwen's staring dad, and people still hate Hayden, so it wouldn't go over well.

But what if Anakin materialized behind Han, shaking his head, so it looks like Kylo stabs both of them?

Symbolism or just pottery?
>>
>>88813885
No, because Rey and Finn are a couple. The odd writing between them was rushed since they won't see eachothers for a while, so their connection had to be build on the first movie. Its why Rey kisses him and why Finn asks her to run away with him, even thought they just met couple hours ago.
>>
Fuck it, this thread has flipped into a 7 bashing thread. Let the shit hit he fan.
>>
>>88813984
sorry bout the derail
You should totally take the suggestions and bitching and work them into a re-write if you want though.
>>
File: Hayden2.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hayden2.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>88813975
>But what if Anakin materialized behind Han, shaking his head, so it looks like Kylo stabs both of them?
unironically kino
>>
Ahem. Okay. Lemme be fucking quick about this, /tv/co/.

It's easy. One, we're getting rid of Starkiller Base.

Two, the escape from Jakku and the jungle planet etc is gonna be a bit more involved.

Three, we get to see this outsider's perspective with Finn and Rey.

And finally, movie ends when we get to the Resistance Headquarters, Finn and Rey, they meet with Leia, Han and Chewie in the Background only for an Ugly to crash land. It's Poe. he has the needed information.

"THE FIRST ORDER HAS FOUND THE GALAXY GUN/SUN CRUSHER/EYE OF PALPATINE!" Cut to credits.
>>
>>88814027
It wouldn't be his only appearance

As stated in >>88813861 he should be a figure only Kylo sees, and is ignored

But it's just like Captain Stacy in TASM2 and look at how that went.
>>
>>88813221

The easiest way is to make Finn the main character. By doing so, you actually alter the stakes of the story, and with tweaks you can make the story actually emotionially resonant.

As others have said, get rid of the whole rathrars scene. make the landing on the village longer, with Finn's trooper friend actually having a character.

Most importantly, replace star killer base with the stormtrooper brainwashing facility. This gives Finn personal stakes and also actually makes it a place to care fighting about.

If you do another deathstar, have the deathstar win, throwing everyone off guard, and leading into the trilogy desperately fighting against this fierce machine.
>>
>>88814141
The new Death Star technically won since the New Republic is crippled.

>>88813984
Sorry about that. Most ITT seem to have missed "no correlation to the actual 7" in your OP.
>>
Three things:

Give a bit of an edge to Rey and Finn, in the sense that Finn shows more signs of what a brainwashed stormtrooper should be and Rey isn't such a force prodigy.

Give Kylo Ren a less ridiculous character arc.

Scrap the Starkiller Base and if possible define the First Order as something other than Not-Empire.
>>
>>88814271
yea, but they should have framed the film as that. they really dont.
>>
>>88813299
>He doesnt become a Jedi

He's not
>>
I know all you faggots are going to pounce on me for being a
>b-b-but muh EU
faggot,

but I grew up reading their adventures so I'm too attached to them to let go.

My Autism:

Solo twins.
It makes sense. Leia's predisposed to twinning.

Sitting in TFA I still held onto a shred of hope that Rey was going to be "unmasked" as Jaina Solo (or equivalent), "Ben" (why the FUCK would the spawn of Han and Leia be called "Ben"?) would be Jacen (or equivalent).

No dumb fucking super death star.
No CGI Slopes or whatever the fuck that Palpatine expy was.
There's still an Imperial Remnant, but they're a sidelined minor power whose engines of war are co-opted easily by these new "Sith" (or whatever they are) because sitting around isn't what Stormtroopers and the Imperial Navy was meant to do. Have Imperial apologist cells in the New Republic stirring up trouble.
Portray the Republic as messy, corrupt and almost just as bad as the old one.
Whatever, show that just because the good guys won, shit isn't perfect or ideal.

Make the real big bad that lead the sheep astray (so, "Jacen" and some of the students Luke has been instructing) be some old throw back like Ahsoka Tano or some shit. Perhaps she was lined up by Vader back in the day for his move against the Emperor in good old Sith tradition? Maybe she was sidelined when Vader suddenly discovered he had a son?
Whatever.
Make it something personal. This "revelation" wouldn't come until the 2nd or 3rd installment.

Finn (or whoever) is an Imperial agent, trooper or otherwise, not necessarily an unwilling one, just a citizen of of the Imperial Remnant sent by whatever was left of high command to warn/ask for aid of the republic after the 'dark jedi' faction convinced/manipulated the leftovers of the fleet/army to up and go with them for reasons unknown.

Luke's remaining students would not be robe-wearing, acetic monks. They're not Jedi of the old code, only Luke clings on to the old ways, loosely.
More rugged, more practical.
>>
>>88814689
Oh, and please forgive my faggotry.
It's all I have left after a miss-spent youth reading everything I could get my hands on with STAR WARS on the cover, be it book or comic.
I do not like how this new trilogy is progressing.
>>
>>88813221
>>>/tv/
>>
>>88814689
>Luke's remaining students would not be robe-wearing, acetic monks. They're not Jedi of the old code, only Luke clings on to the old ways, loosely.
Seriously, this.

Wouldn't Luke look back on the old Jedi Order and think, "Clearly this needs to be reformed in some ways, because the old Jedi Order clearly didn't really work"? That's what he did in the old EU right?
>>
File: co.jpg (24KB, 679x62px) Image search: [Google]
co.jpg
24KB, 679x62px
>>88814757
It is... too late for me, my son.
>>
>>88814689
Oh, and one last shred of Autism to weave into my mental narrative:

Mandalorians.

Boba Fett survived.
He's been building up the Mandalorians, quietly, for some time, until some of his lot threw their lot in with this supposed "Sith" faction, in good old Mandalorian tradition.
Wanting to break the cycle of his people being used by the Sith since time immemorial for grunt dying work he's pissed and this third faction is only loosely working with the "light" faction to the end of a massive three-way battle.
>>
>>88814776
>Wouldn't Luke look back on the old Jedi Order and think,
I was juggling this idea in my mind and the reasons (beside muh EU faggotry) had to do with how much exactly would Luke even know about the old order?

Palpatine was pretty effective at destroying every remnant of Jedi-anything he could get his hands on.

So
>holocrons
Or some other contrived shit.

Maybe he can't divine the true reasons for the downfall of the Jedi and their own part they played in it, but he's not taking little force sensitive children away (by force) like the old order did.

This fact alone would mean that the new jedi would be fundamentally different.

Sure, Luke himself can be all regal with the traditional robes, but not his students.
>>
>>88814784
Karen Traviss approves, anon.
>>
>rewriting Ep.VII with NO correlation to the actual VII.
What's the point of completely rewriting Ep.VII so that it in no way resembles what we got if Ep.VIII will inevitably override this speculative draft?

Wouldn't it make sense to rewrite it with the limitation that the story must resemble Ep.VII's actual ending in some form? You know, improve upon VII's execution so that you have better headcanon going into Ep.VIII?
>>
>>88814870
Completely different film, up till the last five minutes.
Smash cut to the finale of TFA + ending crawl summarizing the rest of TFA.
>>
>>88813776
Yeah, but what about my other suggestions regarding Rey not being able to facecheck this fucker without any practice AND Han Solo needing to do something while he was dying?

Also, Kyle being put back in the mythos because while "killing your darlings" might be interesting, I'm pretty sure Kyle can easily be guy everyone grows to love while Luke can be the serious one.
>excuse me for one second while I turn off my lightsaber to beat this asshole's face in, MANUALLY
>>
>>88813533
Hell, they could have just said that he was a conscript soldier and not someone raised to be perfectly loyal and that would take away my biggest gripe with his character
>>
>>88815665
Just what I was thinking awhile after typing that up, anon.

Does the FO have conscripts?
>>
>>88815789
I don't know. If we were being realistic then they would.

Maybe they could have Finn be a very naive enlistee who ate up a bunch of FO propaganda. Someone who thought he was doing the right thing until he breaks seeing the atrocities committed by the FO
>>
>>88813221
It's simple: just make it an Indiana Jones movie, only with Luke as the end goal instead of an artifact

Also Rey gets her ass kicked by Kylo and Luke shows up and kicks Kylo's ass up and down, saving them
>Who are you?
>I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you.
>>
>>88814847
They really were her babies. For good or for ill.
>>
>>88816640
mostly ill
>>
>>88815939
I HAVE A COUNTER TO THIS ACTUALLY
In the beginning of the movie it's made clear that Rey has had some legitimate experience in fighting, which makes sense considering where she grew up. She's probably had to fend off quite a few thieves and other baddies.
However, even being trained to fight by Snoke, Kylo Ren seems to have very little experience in actual combat. The opponents he's gone up against have been easily overpowered by his lightsaber and force abilities, so he hasn't really had to put that much effort into it.
This explains why Rey was able to hold her own against him.
>>
>>88816640
I liked her Republic Commando series
>>
>>88816730
that's considerably less interesting
>>
>>88816730
Didn't he train under Luke at a Jedi Academy and then slaughtered all the other students with the Knights of Ren? I'd imagine he would have had at least sparred or engaged in lightsaber combat with other trainees.
>>
>>88816919
What if the other students ARE the Knights of Ren?

It wouldn't be the first time in Star Wars such euphemisms were used.
>>
>>88816919
Yes, but that's still not REAL combat.
The other students aren't actually trying to kill Kylo, but for Rey she's actually fighting for her life.
>>
>>88813221
Instead of making 7-9 about Rey and her journey, to mimic the 4-6 Luke journey, and the 1-3 Anakin journey, make each movie about a different character, but have their stories tie together. Make the first movie with Finn as the main character, while Rey is more secondary. And let him keep the lightsaber. Then make second movie about Rey, showing her relationship with Luke. Third Movie is about another character, maybe one that gets introduced in the second one. "Chosen one" stories are pretty boring to me, and seeing how a group of people from different backgrounds deal with different things, to achieve the same goal, and how their stories connect and affect each other, is more interesting to me.
Also don't fucking waste Captain Phasma on being a joke like they did.
>>
File: war.jpg (584KB, 1166x624px) Image search: [Google]
war.jpg
584KB, 1166x624px
>After the galactic civil war ended, Leia and most of the other senators of course moved to reunite all the planets in the galaxy into the New Republic. After the tyrannical reign of the empire, some planets were hesitant to quickly join the new rising super power that was the New Republic and instead decided to be independent for a while.
>Knights of Ren are a splinter organization of the new Jedi order, created by a rouge jedi. While Luke's Jedi order choose to stay out of most conflicts, the Knights of Ren are pretty much just a bunch of half trained force using vigilantes. Rey is a knight of Ren.
>EP.7 Centers around two planets ruled by the same independent party that are going to war with each other over joining the Republic.
>Finn is a lowly employee for a freighting company called Solo Freighters, and his ship is shot down while he is delivering supplies to civilians caught in the crossfire of the war. He is the only one aboard who survives.
>Knights of Ren show up to 'help' the republic supporters, but end up making the situation worse.
>>
>>88813336
Thats not bad, keep Rey force sensitive. When Jabba lends her body to others, she eventually learned how to make people think they fucked her already by just mind tricking them.
>>
>>88813634
I like this too
>>
Well first you need to axe everything from the Force Awakens, no Rey, no Finn, no Kylo, no first order, and what name is Snoke anyway? Sounds like the name of a sniveling goblin
>>
The timeline goes like this:

Leia sends Luke to confront The Imperial Remnant after they announce themselves

While he's away, Kylo Ren kills his fellow initiates, forms the Knights of Ren and defects

This sends Luke into a spiral of depression and he becomes a hermit, but not before hiding his daughter Rey on a shitty world with as assumed identity

Unfortunately, turns out the Remnant are kidnapping children and brainwashing them to bolster their ranks and play the long game against the Republic.

So both Finn and Rey grow up under Remnant control, as part of a trio with the stormtrooper Finn sees die, but this time we actually get to see some of that. Rey isn't a soldier, but a pilot and mechanic because she's naturally gifted at them because fucking all force sensitives are. Once their third friend dies, Finn and Rey decide to spring Poe and escape, not because they need a pilot anymore, but they are scared shitless of the Remnant, having grown up within it, and need someone to advocate for their protection once they escape. Maybe both Poe and the third character can be similar in personality so they're drawn to him immediately.

As for the reason for Poe's capture, it should be very similar to the original situation, except instead of a map, its just a set of star coordinates and instead of some nameless asshole living in a hut we've never before, the only person who knows the whereabouts of Luke is Han Solo. Instead of dying in the initial encounter with Ren, he escapes but teases their connection, maybe Ren has a moment of weakness in the face of his father and spares him but we don't know why at that point. Poe tries to convince him to give those coordinates to Lea, but Han says Luke should be allowed to come back on his own if he so chooses and that's when Ren attacks.

The rest of the movie is more or less the same with the inclusion of a few throwaway lines detailing why Leia left politics to form a PMC and find her son and oppose the Remnant herself.
>>
>>88813221

It's been nearly 20+ years since we've seen Luke and friends and story unfolds showing that while the original sith had been dealt with they're other problems in the galaxy, you hear a news story while a young man walks around corusant about legacy/fall of the empire and talking about the new republic.

It quickly cuts to two jedi running through the crowd. They're chasing after some kind of armored alien, It looks like it could be a male twilek but it is hard to tell between bright lights and recent reconstruction of austere spaces +post empire work still going on.

The two jedi are a male and a woman, The woman only has one full arm and the other has shoulder length brown hair, he is somewhere between han solo and Anakin in terms of looks. The woman is striking and has some kind of head ornamentation, vaguely Indian looking but regal.

The chase leads them into an ambush where they're forced to defend themselves against unfamiliar weaponry and twileks are speaking a gutteral unknown language but they manage to stop them from being suiciders.

It essentially would unfold into a galactic wide war like the vong story but it wouldn't be the vong, I haven't decided yet what they would be but they're an exo-race.

it would begin in the first movie with kind of a adventure hour/noir type of deal.

The cast would slowly be assembled across the movie as they pick up people for their mission and it would slowly bring in kids of the heroes and it would allude to their pasts in the story but also touch on events that happened in-between, you know actual story events. World building etc.

I would also take opportunity to visit many worlds. Worlds that are well known but haven't been seen in the movies, Fondor, Kuat, that kind of thing.

I would stick to main points that despite various crises Luke faced over the years, allude to things that happened, he was largely successful in rebuilding the order and the jedi had respread across the galaxy
>>
I still think that just making the First Order one of many different Imperial Warlords would have been better.

You could have a throwaway where we see a galaxy map and there's thousands of white dots and someone tells Rey or Finn that each one represents an Imperial Warlord, from captains that just parked their star destroyer in orbit of some no name outer rim planet to the likes of Zsinj who name themselves Grand Admiral or Grand Moff.

"The Republic even has treaties with a few Warlords, each one calling themselves the Galactic Empire, yet none of them controlling more then a few systems."

The First Order is a problem because it's both large and it seems to be big on Palpatine's New Order.

I don't think Snoke should be Force Sensitive, but rather an old head of COMPNOR, myself. Or if need be Force Sensitive, have him be part of the Inquisitorius.
>>
>They're the New Republic, not the Resistance
>First Order can just be a new subsection of the Remnant
>No superweapon
>No Snoke yet
>No Jedi purge, we just don't see Jedi yet because
>Kylo isn't Han's kid
>Final battle is something besides a trench run. Maybe Imperial Remant laying siege to some populated planet while New Republic troops try to prevent civilian deaths. Maybe Coruscant or Alzoc III to keep the snow forest battle
>Rey and Finn aren't changed, but their fight with Kylo ends when Luke shows up to save them and Kylo retreats
>Get rid of Maz Kanata subplot
>Change Poe and Hux to cool looking aliens instead because we need less humans

Just a few name changes and moderate reworking of things
>>
I would it make it about scantly clad women taking shits and farting as well as little girls in a similar predicament.

This would be appealing to the cishet white male audiences and China.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.