[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JLA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 17

File: file.png (1MB, 1024x540px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1024x540px
>guys what if we change things in Justice League?
>why?
>What if we make Ezra Miller the Flash?
>He's not blood and he's short why?
>Cause! He's cool!
>But he looks nothing like even remotely like Barry Allen!
>Who?
>Snyder! Barry Allen is the Flash!
>OK so instead of adding in the green guy with the ring, why not but that black guy... what's his name? Computechman?
>Cyborg...
>Huh?
>Cyborg Snyder. He's name is Cyborg! Do you know ANYTHING about DC comics Snyder? You fucked up BvS And...
>But people love my work!
>Non comic book fans do Snyder

>>Everyone at the Conference is just looking at Snyder like he's a complete dumbass
>>
You sound unbelievably butthurt about things that are A) not really bad, and B)100% not Snyder's fault.

On behalf of /co/ I present to you the "Autist of the day" award. Now fuck off.
>>
>>88746019
why don't you explain then asshat. If you think you're so smart. I'd like to see it
>>
>>88745996
Snyder bankrolled development of this movie. He can take it any direction he wants. Even if it only made $100m worldwide he'd still get a $10m payout from it, because he's got a great contract.

He's got a great contract because he was signed for Man of Steel and made it work at a time when nobody believed it could work and WB in any case thought they'd have to pay 50% of the gross to someone else, so they offered him 10% and a standard multi-picture contract in return for what was at that time considered career suicide: in the event, WB won back 100% of the rights and Snyder became that year's highest-paid director (and the highest-paid non-producer in LA).

Green Lantern is off the table because the GL movie tanked incredibly hard 5 years ago and they're not ready to accept that it can be fixed. It was never a hugely popular franchise in the way that Batman or Superman have been (at times). Besides that, WB has literally the next 5 years packed with superhero releases, so they don't feel any need to risk another big loss on rehabilitating GL. They're not Marvel; they have other things to release besides superheroes.

You may not like it but here's the thing: Snyder sells. Even the lowest-selling Snyder movie sold millions more tickets - by an order of magnitude - than there are people who still regularly buy comic books. If you want to reduce it to just those who care about the Flash comics, it's several orders of magnitude.

You can't finance a movie with that kind of low audience; you need the casuals, or nothing will get made. Hell, Superman can only fly because that's what the movie people wanted way back in the 40s. In time you will learn to accept these new visions as normal.
>>
>>88745996
Johns is to blame for both cyborg and gl not being there. Also, no live action flash ever has looked like barry
>>
>>88746098
it's like living with your girlfriends parents. You're not happy with it but you do it cause there's nothing else...

Accepting it but you're not happy at all
Either way I'm hoping he doesn't fuck it over

>>88746151
I never understood why they didn't, is it that hard to get a Blond and Blue eyed guy?
>>
>>88746041
1. Ezra Miller is one of WB's hot new kids and was almost certainly chosen by the executives. In fact, most of the casting choices for DCEU were probably not done on Snyder's level.

2. Nobody gives a shit what Ezra Miller looks like, just like nobody gave a shit what Grant Gustin looked like, and nobody gave a shit what Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer or Christian Bale looked like when they played Batman.

3. Green Lantern's absence was, again, an editorial mandate based on how shit the GL movie was and fears that it poisoned the brand.

4. Cyborg had been in the Justice League since 2011, long before BvS even sounded like a good idea. Not only that, but he is a recognizable face who's appeared in Teen Titans cartoons and even alongside the League in the eighties so he was a natural fit from a marketing standpoint. He also took Martian Manhunter's slot on the team, not GL's.

5. Your dialogue makes no sense. They're blaming Snyder for ruining BvS when in fact the casting choices for JL were made during BvS' preproduction.

I think that sums up all the ways in which you're wrong and your post is stupid.
>>
>>88746165
Are you this dumb? Yes, /co/ flipped when they saw who was playing the flash on TV, see
>Accepting it but not happy with it
He's not a bad actor, what the issue is that he doesn't look the part. and you as a comic book fan should want something close at least.

>GL poisoned the brand
Then fix him, it can't be hard to put another GL... /co/ would lose their shit if they added in Kyle.

>Cyborg
Still not happy about it, he's cool in the league in general but not a main 7.

>Doesn't make sense
It would make since if you were listening out loud between 2 people.
>>
>>88746203
>Are you this dumb? Yes, /co/ flipped when they saw who was playing the flash on TV, see
Of course they did. /co/ is filled with autists. Like yourself. Actual, real people have zero issues with how an actor looks as long as he's remotely of the same skin tone. Sometimes not even that.

>Then fix him, it can't be hard to put another GL... /co/ would lose their shit if they added in Kyle.
I don't give a shit what they do with him, the point is it wasn't Snyder's decision and it wasn't from lack of comic knowledge.

>Still not happy about it, he's cool in the league in general but not a main 7.
Again, not the fucking point.
>>
>>88745996
Re cast Flash and Aquman

Then I'll pay to watch this
>>
>>88746165
Everyone cared on what they look like
>blond Bruce Wayne
>short Brucee wayne

Erza miller looks like Asian trash
>>
If you're gonna namefag at least story time something
>>
>>88745996
Wow this is the most retarded fanfiction I've seen in a while.

Kill yourself.
>>
You should hire actors based on acting ability, not looks.
>>
>>88746352
he doesn't read comics let alone own any
>>
>>88745996

This post is cringy as fuck
>>
>>88745996

Good grief, the sperging on this post.
>>
>>88745996
You sound actually autistic, like, actually autistic. I didnt even like the movie and you sound like a retard.

besides, Ezra Miller is cute.
>>
>>88745996
Yeah it's not like DC has like a million alternate universes right?
>>
Ez sounds like what i think barry would.
>"No honor among thieves, eh?"
I cant stand that high pitched twink on cw
>>
>>88746369
Most main characters of DCEU suck at it tho. Fucking Galgot and Mamoa.
>>
>>88746019
>not really bad
God help anyone who disrespected his queen
>>
>>88745996
im a comic fan and i really dig snyders work.
Its almost as if people could jsut have differnt opinions, but like the same stuff as you. Gosh what a thought.

regardless Ezra Miller is one of the best young actors in Hollywood right now, even if im not sure about his portrayal as of yet, a good performance is already guaranteed.

Cyborgs been a league member for what maybe three or four years now, correct em if im wrong, but that seems like something a comic fan would know.
>>
>>88746797
Do you imagine Barry as a The Big Bang Theory reject?
>>
>>88747038
Guys! You can't criticize this movie! People could just have different opinions and interpretations from the source, but like the same stuff as you! Gosh what a thought.

>this is kino, you are just saying not muh avotar
>>
>>88746975
>Most
>lists two, one of which has not even appeared yet bar a cameo
gg
>>
>>88747076
way to twist my words and take it out of context while ignoring everything else i said, ill give you a 3/10
>>
>>88747079
You never whatched anything with these actors? Cavil isn't all that good too, and its worse because he is playing against his type, considering that his normal self feels more like Superman than on the movies.
>>
>>88745996
>Do you know ANYTHING about DC comics Snyder? You fucked up BvS And...
>But people love my work!

That´s the point, non comic books fans love his work why would you care for comic book fans? They are like the 1% of the people who goes to the movies and they will still will go because they are fucking fans.
The problem also resides in there, non comic fans loves Marvel Movies, for them Comic Movie = Marvel Movie style, you change that and you drop the ball in the box office or movies critics
>>
>>88747127
>That´s the point, non comic books fans love his work

Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman made less than Iron Man, reviews from common people also trash his movies.
>>
>>88747150
because is not the Marvel Style movies
>>
File: 1482973327602.png (4MB, 2291x1076px)
1482973327602.png
4MB, 2291x1076px
>>88747181
No, because it is shit.
>>
i suck cocks and have shit taste
>>
>>88747181
>what is green lantern

Stop making conspirations, faggot, and admit that you like bad movies.
>>
@88747197
>my meme means I win!

don't even deserve the dots
>>
>>88747244
>>88747197
did any of you actually read the critical reviews, legit "not enough quips"
>>
>>88747262
We are talking about general audience.

Not that making a Superman movie without any sign of hope is good too.
>>
>>88747244
Funny because GL was just as bad as the MCU yet didn't make money because it didn't have a Marvel logo. It's interesting how many Dr. Strange reviews had some form of "it's like Green Lantern, but it's good because it was made by Marvel!"
>>
>>88747262
>all the criticism is just quips
>not tone, passing, characterization and retarded character behavior and plot holes
>no, I will pretend that it is just quips
>>
>>88747297
>making conspirations up to justify his imaginary persecution
>>
>>88746203
>and you as a comic book fan should want something close at least.

Nobody gives a fuck about Barry Allen for his personality.

He's a mostly blank slate with how an person would respond to fantastic powers that alter his perception.

>Then fix him, it can't be hard to put another GL... /co/ would lose their shit if they added in Kyle.

Hollywood types are reactionary and superstitious. GL is radioactive to them.

>Still not happy about it, he's cool in the league in general but not a main 7.

Now he is. What are you gonna do about?

>It would make since if you were listening out loud between 2 people.

You're obnoxious and you willfully ignore meaningful responses made to you.
>>
>>88747015
Eh? Whose queen?
>>
>>88747127
>That´s the point, non comic books fans love his work why would you care for comic book fans?
Non comic book fans fucking hate his work. It's probably the fans that did his work more than the normies do.
>>
>>88747297
>Funny because GL was just as bad as the MCU

Hal Jordan crashes a plane which puts the entire company he works for out of business.

He ruins thousands of lives and never pays a price for it.

The lesser villain is far more sympathetic, and the big bad is a CGI turd octopus.

Not even Thor the Dark World is as bad as Green Lantern.
>>
>>88745996
To be honest, I don't think that dialogue ever happened because Snyder is probably surrounded by people who know even less about comics than he do. Investors just want money, they don't care about that icky stuff nerds like.

He at least technically read Watchmen and technically read Dark Knight Returns, he just keeps injecting movies with his retarded headcanons and twisted opinions.
>>
>>88747317
Read the Dr. Strange reviews. It's not a conspiracy.
>>
>>88747374
Not a single MCU movie is even 1/5 the quality of Green Lantern. The MCU is that bad.
>>
>>88747404
The conspiration comes from
>GL was just as bad as the MCU yet didn't make money because it didn't have a Marvel logo. It's interesting how many Dr. Strange reviews had some form of "it's like Green Lantern, but it's good because it was made by Marvel!"

Nobody ever said this, at best, they said that it was GL done right.
>>
>>88747404

Dr. Strange is a visually strong movie, but with a basic origin story.

It has an initially unlikable protagonist like how Tony Stark, and Hal Jordan are portrayed.

So yes, "Doctor Strange was GL done right" is not some outrageous claim, because GL was a fucking mess of a script.
>>
>>88747421
>Not a single MCU movie is even 1/5 the quality of Green Lantern. The MCU is that bad.

Here's your (You)
>>
As a DC fan, I'm not going to watch it on cinemas.

BvS was the worst cinema experience I had, even worse than ASM2.
>>
Marvel fan here. Been disappointed in the MCU but luckily the DCEU films were so good that I watched them despite being a fan of their rival company! We have a lot to learn before we can get on their level. Civil War was a mess. It should have been more like BvS.
>>
>>88747803
/tv/fag detected.
>>
>>88746263
I'm quiet aware of how normies see reality, even some nerdie normal people think this way like my father. However, that doesn't mean they can say cast a white man from Ireland to play say a leading female role in Japan, get my point?

>Not the fucking point
Then you don't get the point

>>88746365
>fan fiction
No, fan fiction is more based on something like a comic or a book or a show, this is a scenario in which something could happen in there, no written script. It's like taking my life and writing something completing different

>>88746375
>I don't own any comics
for starters, I literally have 50 gbs of comics on my PC here
2. I have a shit load in my closet.

>>88746389
>>88746581

>>88746625
>I know what autism is from a post
Wow you're fucking idiot. Please study autism before you even remotely talk, stop armchairing

>>88747127

that 1% has grown significatnly since the 50's anon. Hate to say it, but there are more nerds today than 1990 when being called a nerd for loving comics and cartoons was as bad as being a brony

So logically, they should try to appeal to the nerds more for the sake of an actual good movie

Snyder fucked over BvS, it didn't make since at all, and you're ok with him doing Justice League?
Why is it so hard to follow Marvel? They obviously know what they are doing. (Comparatively)

>>88747338
So they toss aside what could be potentially the best thing in the world, but give the world cancer like Teen Titans Go! and say it's ok... that's logic in hollywood right?

I didn't ignore shit anon. You ignored what I was trying to get at. Most everyone else so far has caught on at this point

>>88747378
At least you get it. That was initially the point

>>88747803
Friend, it's ok to like both, yes I love DC but I appreciate Dr Strange, Spiderman, Ironman and a lot of other Marvel characters.

>TFW we will never see a Spiderboy movie
>>
>>88746098
>You may not like it but here's the thing: Snyder sells.

I'm okay with the rest of your post, but is this true? Sounds more like "DC's biggest properties sell, especially when they put a ton of marketing behind them like for Suicide Squad"
>>
The Flash's issue isn't Ezra, it's his fucked costume
>>
>>88748571
>quiet aware
>He actually thinks this is the phrase
>>
>>88748619
Every other movie that Snyder worked turned to be a flop, so you are probably into something.
>>
>>88748646
Nah, he's also an issue. He looks like a metrosexual richard ramirez. Decent actor though, but considering it's a cape movie, I highly doubt we're going to see him actually act. I already don't like his description of his barry.
>>
>>88747504
If you think about it, origin movies are the easiest thing to do ever.

>Down on luck/unhappy/flawed protag
>Gets powers
>"Wow, powers are cool" segment
>Oh no a bad guy
>"I must use my powers"
>Iconic "puts on suit" moment
>Defeats bad guy using power that are fresh and exciting to the audience
>Promise of future adventures

The whole plot and emotional arc is already written for you, how does one fuck it up?!
>>
>>88748619
Like 1 anon said, Hollywood is afraid of things and stuff. So think of it this way, DC is afraid to take a leap on what WOULD actually be amazing. So instead of making new IPs (in a sense) they would rather cont with what "sells" to the masses like Batman and Superman.

Normies always have nerd friends. They are always told to see the superhero movies. They are told "Hey, you like Superman, you'd like the Flash, he's part of the Justice league. Remember that as a kid?" And the normie will say something like

"Oh right, he's the guy in the red costume right?"

And then they will laugh and the nerd will try to get him into comics and the normie will say "I don't have the time" translating into "I don't want to cause I don't care" so movies like this will never get better or remotely good for that matter.

I hate to say it but as a DC comics fan, the movies of the last 10 years have sucked aside from Dark Knight.

>>88748647
prove you're right
>>
>>88748738
Oh, I'm not denying that DC properties sell. I'm questioning why they repeatedly put the planning in the hands of Snyder, who's been getting crushed by the critics so far. At some point they must be thinking of a direction change to a more conventional (think Marvel) tone/approach.

Sure, the movies still sell, but they must be at least considering that they could sell better under different hands.
>>
>>88748780
If these movies begin to bomb terribly, all these actors will stop doing anything with Snyder. I personally do like the look of Batflack and CavillMan as Batman and Superman. I think as actors they got it down. Just the story for BvS didn't make fuckin since at all. Any one who has figured it out, please explain this too me.

Do you think if Nolan had Justice League it would do better?

I would like to see a director/writer who did the movie and his ONLY knowledge was all the animated series' from the 90's till now.
>>
>>88748846
>I personally do like the look of Batflack and CavillMan as Batman and Superman
The actors are good but trapped in bad movies.

>Do you think if Nolan had Justice League it would do better?
No, Nolan movies should stand alone, and he clearly has his heart in other projects. Also TDKR was bad.
>>
>>88746019
>100% not Snyder's fault.
>the least common denominator had nothing to do with it guize, I swear.
>>
>>88748944
Thank you, I never knew if it was like a meme cause it was good or bad honestly. I found TDKR was so damn boring. TDK is fine at least. Iconic, but I don't know how to think with it aging. I should watch it again and see if I get the same thrill I got years ago

>>88748966
>guize! Snyder did nothing wrong! All he did was sit in a chair and tell people what to do!
>>
>>88748978
It good up till Bane breaks Batman's back (which was awesomely done), because you assume they'll tie up all the plot threads together, but they don't and it just kind of flops to the end.
>>
>>88748994
It was so hard to watch cause it was so fucking boring.
>>
>>88748944
>The actors are good but trapped in bad movies.
So the DCEU in a nutshell, right?
>>
>>88748994
Yeah. The Talia twist falls flat and undermines Bane because she doesn't really do anything after being revealed, and the bad guys' plan of blowing themselves up along with Gotham just because Batman killed (I'm sorry, "didn't save") Talia's daddy was really stupid.

Also, Talia dies in the truck crash while Gordon is in the trailer with zero protection and is absolutely fine? Really?
>>
>>88749055
>Let's fight against Bane's army, who's significantly better armed than we are
>How
>We'll just run at them in broad daylight
>But Batman will help right
>Yeah sure he'll blow up a tank or something
>>
File: Actual Tickets.jpg (418KB, 738x1558px)
Actual Tickets.jpg
418KB, 738x1558px
I'd hate to think that WB got the idea that Reeves Superman wouldn't sell to modern audiences on the basis of Superman Return's grosses. Because they really didn't give those audiences what they came to the cinema to see, instead throwing some mopey self-doubting creep at them. It'd be like Disney rebooting Raiders of the Lost Ark with a drunken Indy who slaps around women, then complaining that "audiences just aren't into Indy anymore".

The problem for WB is that the DCEU, despite having tremendous budgets and some of the largest marketing campaigns heaped upon them, are underperforming WB/DC's past franchise efforts by quite a lot. They wanted Donner/Burton/Nolan, and instead they are getting Schumacher Redux.
>>
File: Ras.jpg (97KB, 600x828px)
Ras.jpg
97KB, 600x828px
>>88749055
The League's motives were always stupid Goyer pap.
"We are the ones who come out of the shadows, when society has grown too corrupt, and set a bunch of fires and burn down the cities"
"And this somehow rids the world of corruption"
"You bet!"
"So what historical period can we look back to where there's little to no corruption to speak of"
"....we are gonna burn down Gotham, that will fix corruption, you watch."

All 3 movies come off as some teenager's rant against their parents controlling their lives and "ruining all my fun, fuck you".
>>
>>88749214
wait but then Batman is beating those teenager's rants-personified up?
>>
>>88749088
>I've just escaped from the prison and gotten back to Gotham (how?!) and have only hours to stop a fusion bomb from blowing it up
>so my biggest priority is painting the bridge with gasoline to make a giant flaming bat
>>
>>88746165
>nobody gave a shit what Michael Keaton

Actually they did back before the movie released. People sent in letters to magazines bitching about it pretty regularly way back.
>>
File: 1393794484117.gif (173KB, 225x224px)
1393794484117.gif
173KB, 225x224px
>>88749247
Yes, but by the second film Batman is no longer even a character, the edgy rants have swallowed the film and Batman just represents Society crashing in and punching their nihilism in the mouth.
>>
>>88749328
>Mr. Mom as Batman? REEEEEEE
is the example most often cited.
It was the
>Brokeback Mountain for the Joker?
of it's time.
>>
>>88749269
It would have made so much more sense for him to just fix the Bat Signal or something

Also my big issue is that there's no big payoff from Batman coming back from the fall. Okay he jumps over a hole and... there's a big flaming bat symbol.

That's disappointing.
>>
OK since I fucked up how about this for the OP

>Snyder is doing Justice League
>Sitting in the board room
>"I think we should do ..."
>"No Snyder you're going to fuck it up"
>"I'm gonna do it!"
>"god damn it snyder stop that!"

This movie is going to suck... Marvel wins

>>88749214
Isn't that what the Court of Owls is for?
>>
I hate Snyder as much as the next guy, but the blame is all for WB.

They do not respect DC and yes, Snyder has shit all over the DCEU, but it's with WB's blessings, and every single executive mandate they force make things even worse.

For the DCEU to work they either need someone who respects comics but knows about movie making like Feige, or/and directors that will not accept every single stupid shit WB forces down their throats.
>>
>>88749391
I think Court of Owls is a dumb idea, but that's just me
>>
>>88745996
>muh looks
The DCEU has lots of issues but that doesn't even make the list.
>>
File: Alfred_Pennyworth_TDKR.jpg (44KB, 705x691px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred_Pennyworth_TDKR.jpg
44KB, 705x691px
>>88749345
The moral of Rises, and the Nolan trilogy as a whole, was "Alfred and Selina were right".
Once Bruce realizes this, he's able to live a proper life.
>>
>>88749421
It makes some since. the COO is basically just the Illuminati

>>88749427
bad story telling should be on the top of the list
>>
This is the most autistic thing I've ever read
>>
File: 1432494026039.jpg (329KB, 500x2035px)
1432494026039.jpg
329KB, 500x2035px
>>88749420
>and every single executive mandate they force make things even worse.
Outside of adding Batman to the film after Man of Steel, what are these mandates?

And let's be honest, Batman saved that movie from being a $500 million dollar clunker. And that's being optimistic.
>>
>>88749391
>Isn't that what the Court of Owls is for?
If anything the Court would be the antithesis. It is the corruption and the master manipulators that orchestrate every facet of society.
>>
>>88749482
This. The League squats out in the wilderness, occasionally setting a few fires and blowing up a couple buildings, and crediting themselves with saving humanity. They are fucking idiots.
>>
>>88749448
But it's so Gotham-centric, and cheapens the idea of a Batman
>>
>>88749466

>no jokes policy
>Gal Gadot
>forced rewrites

and biggest offence by far, their retarded marketing

>Guys, what if we make an announcement that this is the best movie our execs have ever seen 6 months before the movie comes out
>and then do some fucking reshoots
>>
>>88749214
Yeah while they definitely have qualities I can't get over the feeling that I'm listening to some teenager rambling about their first authority crisis. Kind of kills the movie for me when the bad guy from True Lies does it more compellingly in only 1 speech.

Ironically that aspect certainly helped the movie's success, just look at all the edgelord Heath Joker fans.
>>
>>88749466
>Outside of adding Batman to the film after Man of Steel, what are these mandates?

Seems like executive meddling. But could also just be Snyder.
>>
>>88749466
>Those logos
>Electric Bagaloo
I feel like if they did this with all the main Justice leaguers it would prove that DC/WB/Hollywood is honestly afraid of using any hero outside of Batman for the soul reason of selling

>>88749482
That's what the Illuminati basically is.
>>
>>88748619
DC's biggest properties have a habit of not selling very well at all, even right after they've been the only game in town.

Superman in particular. Sure, Snyder's other works haven't sold... but he's certainly found his niche here.
>>
>>88749650
>That's what the Illuminati basically is.
Which is what the Court effectively is...among the other illuminati-esque associations within the DCU.
>>
File: deadpool.jpg (285KB, 2728x1503px)
deadpool.jpg
285KB, 2728x1503px
>Make magnum opus of your two billion-dollar franchises meeting and having an epic battle.
>Is outsold in the country by an R-rated Deadpool movie that cost 1/3 of your marketing campaign.
>>
>>88749599
Hands down worst part of BvS
>>
>>88749682
(I'm behind currently)
But last time I was reading, wasn't Nightwing and Batman trying to take down the court?
I'm trying to finish Grayson right now, but last time I checked, the head of spiral died.

>>88749685
You know the sad part about this when you think about it is that most of the shit in Deadpool is actually really easy for any one that is good with like sony vegas or when final cut was a thing. Honestly, all you need is good writing, special affects and at best a good seamstress
>>
>>88749672
see
>>88749142
Snyder's interpretations of Batman and Superman are selling less tickets in the States than almost any other version of the characters. The Chinese are keeping WB from doing a hard reboot at this point.
>>
File: Clark Kent.jpg (101KB, 500x527px) Image search: [Google]
Clark Kent.jpg
101KB, 500x527px
>>88749751
You just need an actor with enthusiasm and charisma.
Cavill and Afleck just have zero chemistry as their characters. Cavill is simply not a good enough actor, period. Afleck comes off as "I'm humoring this dumb shit till the checks clear for my gangster movie".
>>
>>88749797
From the photos I've seen these 2 are cool together. They seem to hang out. Maybe as time goes by they will grow on each other. But then again, Bruce has always kept Clark at arms lengths and Superman even said that he thinks Batman is the most dangerous person on the earth. Do you blame the idea of BvS where Bruce is untrustworthy right now?
>>
>>88749797
>Cavill is simply not a good enough actor, period.
Watch The Man from UNCLE. Cavill can be good. He just needs a director who gives a shit about performances as much as he does actions scenes to draw the performance out of him. If Henry had someone who could bring even part of his Napoleon Solo to either Clark or Superman, he'd be so much better.
>>
File: Batfleck3.jpg (70KB, 852x479px)
Batfleck3.jpg
70KB, 852x479px
>>88749843
Cavill completely fails to sell Supermen every time he opens his mouth; he's only good for filling out the suit handsomely.

Affleck did his best to bow out of playing Batman, until WB apparently waved the offer of funding his magnum opus vanity project for next year. I can't imagine a world where he thinks playing a voice-modulated angry man in vulcanized jammies is going to advance his career. It certainly hasn't advanced the careers of the last 4 guys WB talked into it.
>>
>>88749754
The chinese hated BvS though

Am I missing something?
>>
>>88749751
>But last time I was reading, wasn't Nightwing and Batman trying to take down the court?
Yes. Nightwing continues doing so into Nightwing Rebirth. Hope you're enjoying Grayson. I adored it as a book. It made me come to Dick as much as so many other fans do.
>>
>>88749913
>It certainly hasn't advanced the careers of the last 4 guys WB talked into it.
I think if you look at Bale pre-Begins to post-Rises, he has been elevated significantly by Batman.
>>
>>88746019
>A) not really bad,
>>>/tv/
>>
>>88749913
At least his suit looks a lot better and not try hard at this point.
You should know Batman at this point and know what his personality is like. The only time I know of Bruce ever being Bruce, being "nice" to a degree was with Ace (I think) when she was about to die but instead he sat with her till she did. I think he even took off his hood.

>>88749924
I've been a huge Nightwing Fan for a long time. I wish that someone would goto Mechima(?) on youtube would buy the series and make it a reality. Or Grayson Earth One
>>
File: 1436801615479.jpg (140KB, 768x1024px)
1436801615479.jpg
140KB, 768x1024px
>>88749843
>From the photos I've seen these 2 are cool together. They seem to hang out. Maybe as time goes by they will grow on each other.
I blame Snyder for this >>88749893 reason. You're never going to get worth a shit relationships, camaraderie, or chemistry until Snyder stops looking at the characters as action figures he can move from action set piece to action set piece, and starts looking at them as living breathing beings that are supposed to have character beyond expositioning the entire time, who live among one another and care for one another not just because they say they do, but because their performances convey as much.
>>
>>88750023
Velocity, I am not even against your views regarding the DCEU, but please, stop namefaging.
>>
>>88749914
>Am I missing something?

BvS is the first Batman film to make more overseas than domestically. It's domestic ticket sales put it behind every Batman project except Batman and Robin.
>>
File: file.png (35KB, 300x221px)
file.png
35KB, 300x221px
>>88750039
Summed up:
Snyder is a child playing with his Batman and Superman action figures

>>88750047
I'm only namefagging for the sake of being OP
>>
>>88748966
Why, yes. Of all the million problems DCEU has which are Snyder's fault, casting isn't one of them.

DCEU was not one man's vision. It absolutely takes a team effort to screw up that badly.
>>
>>88749952
He's doing exactly the same sorts of movies now as he was before Batman, odd little underperforming flicks and the occasional voice work. Unless you count Terminator: Salvation as a plus for him, I'm not sure he does.
>>
>>88750148
There is a difference between doing the movies because he chooses to vs because that's all he is offered. He became much more well known because of Batman, and was given opportunities in high profile movies that offered him critical and award winning recognition.
>>
>>88750147
>DCEU was not one man's vision. It absolutely takes a team effort to screw up that badly.
And yet, most of that team has been included in other CBMs that have been welcomed much more positively and seen as qualitatively superior. When the team is included in the good and bad, you have to look at what is different between the good and bad to IMO fairly associate responsibility for the final product.
>>
>>88750279
What are you talking about? There is no team. I'm talking about the amount of executive interference into the project, which was by all accounts MASSIVE, especially after the tepid response MoS received.

This is not to say that I'm defending Snyder as some sort of maligned genius. Snyder is a hack who by all accounts would have turned in a shitshow even if left to his own devices. But he is not to blame for every bad move made by WB on these movies and is certainly not to blame for the sorry state of DCEU as a whole.
>>
>>88750665
I don't think they even care any more if they completely fuck up JLA, they know that the common unaware idiots only go in there cause of names, actors and special affects. My dad can't even tell me why he loves BvS. He likes it cause his 2 favorite heroes are in it. He use to be a serious nerd... now... he only watches movies and shows. I feel like the man who use to read comics daily has turned into the normie society while I'm the one who is in this hobby :/
>>
>>88749391
>Marvel wins
exposed

Yet mods STILL don't ban this company war fanboy and delete the thread. But if you dare speak poorly against Marvel...
>>
>>88750995
I'm not fanboying over marvel at all dude, I appreciate both companies. I don't think any one will honestly disagree with me that in this last year DC has really sucked with movies.
Do you really think that Suicide Squad was gud at all?
>>
>>88751025
>in this last year DC has really sucked with movies.
Complete fabrication. If you liked comics and movies at all you'd know that BvS was a 10/10 movie.

>Suicide Squad was gud at all?
Suicide Squad was just a 7. It wasn't that good but had some nice moments. It wasn't a masterpiece like BvS but it was entertaining.
>>
>>88750665
>I'm talking about the amount of executive interference into the project, which was by all accounts MASSIVE, especially after the tepid response MoS received.
At the end of the day, it always goes back to the execs. Blaming the studio for movie quality is like saying a team is bad because of injuries. Every team has injuries and every movie is meddled with by studio execs. They were the ones who wanted to shit out a Superman movie to retain the rights or some nonsense IIRC, and Snyder was the only one willing to do so within the time frame they needed it out by. We know there was executive meddling then. Snyder confirmed it was the execs that forbid him from being able to have the briefs on the Superman costume in MoS. I would wager it was the execs that wanted the same tone that they most likely assigned the success of the Nolan trilogy to, and felt it'd be a great way to be different from the Mouse House while being able to have their own shared cape universe at the same time. With that said, stronger more competent directors have been documented as having the rocks to stand against studio pressure because they know when the studio is wrong. If Snyder is just a pawn in all of this, it doesn't exonerate him in my book. Someone without the clout would have left like Donner did during Superman 2, so he either agrees with the vision they dictated to him, or has so little conviction that he is okay churning out what he knows is mediocre at best. Either way, he is culpable. Now you say executive meddling increased after the tepid response to MoS. Perhaps had MoS been a better movie or the studio replaced Snyder after MoS, it wouldn't have. Perhaps had the studio chosen a more qualified director, MoS might have been a better movie. Regardless, there is a reason Direction is respected as a craft. It matters, and bears responsibility.
>>
>>88745996
That's kind of the point. There are a lot people in the world that watch movies and never pick up a comic. The approval of comics fans is nice, but not required by the people behind these films.
>>
>>88751025
>I don't think any one will honestly disagree with me that in this last year DC has really sucked with movies.
Velocity pls. I've seen you on the boards over the past year. You know people defend this swill like their life depends on it.
>>
>>88751056
>BVS was good
Holy shit you're disillusion

>it was a 7/10
god damn the fanboyism is strong and you said I was a fanboy, nicely done there anon.
>BVS was a masterpiece
wow. I bet you'd take Snyder's dick too
>>
>>88751104
Dude nice retort! Typical. And yet mods STILL don't ban him! What is WRONG with them?
>>
>>88751099
don't get me wrong. I love movies as much as the next. But my biggest problem will always be movie goers who don't even try to pick up even 1 comic. I think what overwhelms a lot of people about comics is that Batman and Spiderman are in the 900s I think. They see it as "all these people have been reading Batman forever while I haven't. It would take me years to catch up." Reading like 5 comics a day could... uum, well it would take a few years still. 10?
I wonder how many comics you would have to read a day to get all 900+ current batman comics up todate in 1 year

>>88751103
I try to ignore it

>>88751129
aight it's cool, don't comment back and only troll. I like the other posters here. They at least are trying to have a conversation
>>
>>88751129
If you think he broke rules, report him. If he broke rules, he'll be banned.
>>
>>88751183
if we have decent mods they wont ban me because I've done nothing wrong at all.

If anything, they would delete my thread, not ban me
>>
>>88751183
>If he broke rules, he'll be banned.
I wish. People have been banned when they haven't broken any rules and not banned when they blatantly break them. What's even the point of having rules if they're enforced randomly?

>>88751173
Dude re-read your own post and see where you went wrong. Literally nothing of substance added. It was equivalent to Carl the Cuck's "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" exclamation.
>>
>>88751210
Completely agree. Just telling that anon to use the disciplinary system instead of shitting up a thread with pleas for moderation he already has when what he really wants is a safe space surrounded by people who share his opinions and theories.
>>
>>88745996
You do realize that Cyborg has been put in every game and cartoon of justice leauge the last couple of years. It's clearly an executive decission and has nothing to do with snyder.
>>
>>88751249
>What's even the point of having rules if they're enforced randomly?
If the system is as broken as you say, why are you still here? Why haven't you gone to another chan or created your own to show how much more fair your moderation would be?
>>
>>88751262
Safe spaces are nice but I like a hugbox where we can talk like friends do and a real friend respects another opinion. But this anon does not

>>88751269
>He didn't read the thread.
I know, and I'm not happy with it either way.
>>
>>88750869
They clearly care that their planned tent pole movie raked in ~$700 million less than planned. They've already fired their head of the movie division, brought Geoff Johns in, sidelined Snyder, given Batman reigns to Afleck and made them turn the tone of Justice League around.

Oh, and they completely gutted Suicide Squad from what Ayer had intended in an attempt to match Guardians of the Galaxy, proving that even when they're in damage control mode, they're still a bunch of imbeciles.

>>88751074
Like I said, I'm not pretending that Snyder isn't a shit director. But acting like he bears the full responsibility for DCEU is just ludicrous. There is plenty of blame to go around.
>>
>>88751751
>But acting like he bears the full responsibility for DCEU is just ludicrous. There is plenty of blame to go around.
I agree. I simply feel within the entire machine that produces the DCEU he is the piece that could be switched out for someone better, and have the biggest impact.
>>
File: 1482634371171.jpg (24KB, 484x409px)
1482634371171.jpg
24KB, 484x409px
It's fun to see different people's interpretations of superheroes. Reading things like Superman For All Season then switching off to Injustice for a laugh is entertaining as fuck. It shows the amount of flexibility DC has in the writing department, and gives unique iterations of your favorite character.

Even when it's hit or miss, it's still something different. You can't expect things to stay status quo or for the perfect movie adaptation of your favorite comic arc. Making the same thing word for word, action for action? That's boring. You'd want to put your own creative input in it, regardless of whether or not it's bad.

That said; yeah, this movie is shaping up to be just as awful as BvS. But trainwrecks are fun to watch, especially when you can just go back to reading the good stuff afterwards. Not like this movie will poison the comics, right?
>>
>>88751877
Of course. Trainwrecks are fun to watch to a degree but then it gets so stupid...
You ever watch something and feel embarrassed for the character? That's how I feel
>>
>>88746019
first post best post
>>
>>88745996
>it's okay when Marvel changes or completely deviates from the comics
>WB is idiotic because it doesn't look line for line like the comics
you silly drones
>inb4 muh iconic this and that!
>>
>>88745996
>>Non comic book fans do Snyder
>>88751099
Except I literally have a trunk sitting next to the desk I am currently sitting at full to the brim with Comics/Graphic novels and Mos was 90% minimum everything I ever wanted in a Superman reboot and while Bvs is notably more flawed I still love the majority of it.
>>
>>88747286
>Not that making a Superman movie without any sign of hope is good too.
>Saving 7-8 Billion people despite having to endure hardship and give sacrifices in order to do so making the triumph all the more meaningful isn't hopeful.
>>
>>88745996
>non comic fans do Snyder
Sounds like he's doing his job then. WB and Marvel could care less who watches their movies. They just want money.
>>
>>88752158
To be fair, Civil War in the comics was terrible so changing everything in the movie was justified.
>>
>>88745996
Ezra looks fine as the flash

They didnt add Green Lantern because he had his shot already.

What are you even trying to say about Cyborg? Hes a part of the Justice League.
Not a funny joke, man, lol
>>
>>88752158
Nice strawman you got there buddy.

People don't mind deviation from the comics when it's good/justified.
Nobody complained about Ledger Joker not being like the comics, people didn't even complain about Batfleck being nothing like Batman.

But when you change things, and you present a retarded product, like Snyder Superman, retarded gay Lex or Leto's Joker, people gonna complain. Simple as that, keep your company wars for /tv/.
>>
>>88749754
yes and no

those hard ticket numbers are a tricky subject because ticket prices (now) are more expensive on average than ever before, and the lion's share of those high average prices is caused by blockbusters like Man of Steel or BvS, meaning fewer sales is less of a problem for them than it is for whatever $10m-budget movies about flowers during the antebellum period Miramax is crapping out, despite the huge differences in production and marketing costs

as far as overseas goes - as the president elect would tell you, writing off your taxes in the US against your losses (taxes) overseas is "smart", and that's exactly what the studios do; they pay an effective rate lower than the average US household annually, partly because they get rebates from US states for filming there (which are down to the states individually and depend on productions spending money, then getting back up to 100% of their state taxes, leaving behind the money spent with local businesses - it's worked for Georgia, Florida, etc, but comes and goes with administrations), partly because they can write off overseas taxes (legally) against their US liabilities, and partly because eg in the case of WB, there's no single entity which holds the rights to all their works; those are out to holding companies, who lease them back for an annual fee - this is a very suspect arrangement but, as yet, still legal, and means that a company "group" can generate a loss simply by one part charging another part for use of a logo, character, recipe, whatever

so insofar as there's any problem with China, it's that the studios aren't yet at the stage where China can take over from the US box office as the major market, but that has come for a few productions (Warcraft, for example) and may be increasingly prevalent in coming decades (though China's, like most of the world's population, is ageing and births are slowing, indicating a coming population growth-rate crash and flatlining or shrinking pops)
>>
>>88745996
I swear this namefag has been shitposting none stop that past couple of days
>>
>>88749913
I'm starting to seriously doubt there will ever be a Batffleck solo

even late this year he's personally been saying they haven't started the script, let alone settled on a title, and everything out of his mouth has been rushed into clickbait like it's giving away the plot of Untitled Batman Reboot 2030 but in fact he doesn't know what's going on

SS was kind of shitty but made money

BvS made money but not enough for WB's tastes and was definitely shitty

there's no date even provisionally set for his solo: if he bows out now or after three appearances or whatever, all I'm saying is I wouldn't be at all surprised

this clearly isn't the project he wanted it to be, and he's not getting any younger
>>
>>88748571
If >>88747378 anon "gets you", then you are really really bad at expressing yourself.
>>
>>88752815
recently unbanned probably

he tried it months ago then suddenly vanished
>>
>>88749466
Adding Batman made it a $875 million disaster
>>
>>88750147
>Why, yes. Of all the million problems DCEU has which are Snyder's fault, casting isn't one of them.

But that's wrong you retard.

>Snyder told Entertainment Weekly that originally he wanted a known actor like Eisenberg to play the role, for the added shock value. But when Eisenberg turned down the opportunity, Snyder went with a lesser-known actor, Michael Cassidy

>But "Batman v Superman" wasn’t done with Eisenberg. Months after turning down the role, the actor said he came on the radar of the film’s coscreenwriter Chris Terrio, who was doing rewrites, while Eisenberg was in an Off-Broadways play.

>“Chris had seen me in 'The Revisionist' and the character I play can be seen as despicable, and he liked me in that,” Eisenberg said.

>Soon after, Eisenberg was given the “Batman v Superman” script with an offer for him to play the infamous villain Luthor.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jessie-eisenberg-turned-down-jimmy-olsen-character-2016-3

>When I was 4 months pregnant with (my daughter) Alma, I got an offer to play the villain character in Superman. If I wasn’t pregnant I’d take the job, and there’s no way they would take me now to be Wonder Woman.

http://batman-news.com/2015/09/17/gal-gadot-man-of-steel-faora/

>Zack Snyder told me on the phone that he wanted me to play the Flash while I was eating a tilapia in a small Central American village. That was definitely a moment that prompted me to question the fabric of my reality.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bizarre-Way-Ezra-Miller-Found-Out-He-Was-Cast-Flash-69343.html

>I'm in for the long haul. It's an honor. Zack [Snyder] had me at hello, literally when he told me what he wanted to do with the character and what he wanted to do with the world.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_vs_superman/video-jason-momoa-says-hes-in-for-the-long-haul-with-aquaman-a117084
>>
>>88745996
This is beyond cringe.

Also fuck Cyborg.
>>
>>88749913
>Cavill completely fails to sell Supermen every time he opens his mouth; he's only good for filling out the suit handsomely.

I straight up can't even remember a line from Superman that's supposed to be memorable. He's given nothing to work with.
>>
>>88749893
I'm upset that The Man from UNCLE underperformed. I watched it on a plane and it was great
>>
>>88749142
God damn the original Superman movie did fucking amazing considering how few theaters it opened in.

But people don't want that kind of Superman anymore. Nowadays people want a dark, edgy, brooding Superman that never smiles or talks to people. Talking to people is lame (especially in costume) Maybe he could do Tough Mudder as well?
>>
File: 1431940548816.gif (845KB, 400x141px) Image search: [Google]
1431940548816.gif
845KB, 400x141px
>>88755110
>>
>>88753451
snyder's films just get worse and worse, so have most of his casting decisions.
>>
>>88755888
Chekt.
>>
>>88746301
I'm willing to give Momoa Aquaman a chance. I agree on recasting Flash though. And recast Wonder Woman too.
>>
>>88755888
Dubs of truth

>>88749142
Suicide Squad's sales would be even lower if WB didn't hand out free tickets to T-Mobile users for friday only
>>
Damn, they all look so disconnected in that picture. Seeing the Justice League take live-action form should be instilling me with an "Oh, fuck yeah!" feeling, but instead it's kind of just whatever. Weird.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.