[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EZRA MILLER DISCUSSES HIS TAKE ON THE FLASH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 38

File: images.jpg (15KB, 476x309px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 476x309px
This is going to be awful, isn't it?

>Take Ezra Miller’s version of the Flash, the league’s overly excitable kid brother who uses humor to mask his pain. "Flash is Ringo Starr," says Miller, pictured here alongside allies the Dark Knight (Ben Affleck) and Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot). "He annoys everybody, but he doesn’t have any specific beef with anyone."

>Miller also offers up Flash’s blunt assessment of his fellow leaguers. "Uncle Fish Curry (Aquaman) is very grumpy. Dad (Batman) gets grumpy too. He’s had a long life of fighting crime. Wonder Woman is very considerate, so even though she’s annoyed with the Flash, she’s still very compassionate." Yeesh, don't get him started on Superman!
>>
>"Flash is Ringo Starr. He annoys everybody."

what?

Snyder doesn't get Ringo at all!
>>
>>88564655
>Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles
>Miller's Flash isn't even the fastest member of the Justice League

POTTERY
>>
>>88564655
Wouldn't that make Superman George Harrison?

I'm guessing Batfleck is going to be the one who's shot dead and out of the picture as soon as possible. So who's going to milk it, /co/?

Who's going to be the one who sticks around for too long, has that one great hit after JL, and then goes into absolute fuckawful mode?
>>
>>88564655
>Miller also offers up Flash’s blunt assessment of his fellow leaguers. "Uncle Fish Curry (Aquaman) is very grumpy. Dad (Batman) gets grumpy too. He’s had a long life of fighting crime. Wonder Woman is very considerate, so even though she’s annoyed with the Flash, she’s still very compassionate." Yeesh, don't get him started on Superman!

Fucking cringe
>>
>>88564655

why did they steal daredevil's suit from netflix? did they actually though that trimming the horns would be enough to make it different?
>>
CRAWLING
>>
That sounds more like fucking Impulse than any version of the Flash. Where did the "speedster is annoying jokester" meme come from anyway?

>>88564692
>actor says something retarded
>blames Snyder for it

>>88564792
>Miller's Flash isn't even the fastest member of the Justice League
What are you talking about?
>>
>>88565220
>speedster is annoying jokester
Dcau
>>
File: Eobard freakout.jpg (274KB, 898x1346px) Image search: [Google]
Eobard freakout.jpg
274KB, 898x1346px
They're gonna assassinate my favorite superhero with this bastardized bullshit.

FUCKING DC.
>>
File: Daredevil.jpg (109KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil.jpg
109KB, 630x1200px
>>88565134
For all it's faults, Daredevil's suit at least affords the mobility an agile character would need.
>>
>>88564655
Isn't that just how cartoon flashes always are?
>>
>>88565220
Wally could be a lighthearted goofball in JLU but he wasn't fucking retarded at all.
>>
>>88565080

Gal Gadot.
>>
>>88565293
Pick better heroes then, kid
>>
Flash is not DC's Spider-Man. People who have read a fucking comic should know this.
>>
>>88565379
>WW
>being a great hit
hue
>>
>>88565431
>People who have read a fucking comic should know this.
So, no one at WB.
>>
>>88565220
Actually Wally played this role in JLE as well
>>
>>88565436

If there's one DCEU that will be highly praised by the critics, is WW.
>>
>>88565431
yeah, Spider-Man actually has a defined character
>>
>>88565449
But everyone was a jokester there.
>>
>>88565468
When will people realize that not being a quiplord or a douchebag doesn't equal not having a personality?
>>
DC's bold move on the twink market is tactically brilliant concerning Marvel's massive lead in beefcake futures.
>>
>>88565431
This.

Barry is Spider-Man but more well-adjusted
>>
>>88565513
When will people realize that quiplord isn't a personality and requires other shit to prop it up

Hint: never
>>
>>88564655
>uses humor to mask his pain

What the FUCK. They'll do fucking anything to shoehorn in this stupid sad grimdark bullshit. Flash isn't a fucking tortured soul. He uses humor because he's naturally charismatic and humorous. Why do they have to suck the fun out of superheros?
>>
>>88565629
You can watch Marvel flicks if you want cheerful quipping cardboard characters
>>
>>88565646
>implying that everyone being a crawling-in-my-skin emo is any better
>>
>>88565463
>If there's one DCEU that will be highly praised by the critics, is BvS

We've danced this dance before.
>>
>>88565646
Wow I don't even spend much time on /co/ and I can already see why everyone hates DC fags.

I like Marvel and DC. Deny it all you want, but DC is trash at live action movies. Marvel has character development down and their characters are far from quipping cardboard.

Can you honestly defend the incessant crying miserable sad characters that Snyder keeps pushing out? DC dominates the animated market with fun. Why can't they make a good live action movie? Can you answer that?
>>
I hate that the Marvel vs DC bullshit constantly swirling around /co/ prevents anybody from honestly criticizing the flaws in movies by either company.

>Director completely misses the point of the character he's been given in an interview
>/co/ starts bitching about quips and shills
>>
>>88565722
Barry's new backstory is that his mom got killed and all the other garbage, bring your complain to DC
>>
>>88565937
But every time I bitch about something stupid Johns does, they just go and make an adaptation of it
>>
File: 1481439245752.jpg (49KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1481439245752.jpg
49KB, 785x757px
>>88565805
judging by your post, you spend most of your time on Reddit.
>>
>>88565805
>Marvel has character development down and their characters are far from quipping cardboard.
Yeah, that's bullshit.

>DC dominates the animated market with fun.
Oh, you're one of those "comic books have to be whimsical and 'fun'" fags.

Company wars are retarded, but this whole "Marvel is good at movies, DC is good at cartoons" shit is stupid as fuck. Marvel has more misses than they have hits, DC has literally the highest rated cape movie of all time with The Dark Knight (but I guess it doesn't count because it's not part of a stupid cinematic universe), and DC's animated movies have been poor for years now. Why can't we just take it on a case-by-case basis instead of attributing it to the company that owns the fucking IP, when each movie's quality is determined by its creative team?

It's like saying "Marvel comics are bad, DC comics are good", that's dumb as fuck because each has good and bad comics that are, again, determined by the creative team. BvS was bad because it was directed by someone with little talent, meddled with by clueless executives and written by Dave Goyer and modified by Chris Terrio, not because it was made by DC (it wasn't, it was made by specific people within Warner Bros. "DC" is not a monolithic entity).
>>
Joking to mask his inner pain is more of a Spidey thing and even that's pushing it.
>>
>>88565463
nah
Chris Pine will have to carry the movie and they will be pissed
>>
>>88564655
>"Flash is Ringo Starr," says Miller
Someone that really didn't matter in the group and could have been literally remplaced by anyone?
>>
File: Ezra Miller.png (222KB, 608x369px) Image search: [Google]
Ezra Miller.png
222KB, 608x369px
Does speedforce fuck up your feet?
>>
>>88566040
Different anon whos sick of the companywar bullshit here: Though TDK was a fun movie, can we please for the love of christ stop sucking Nolan's dick? If you want to talk adaptations, Batman Begins is the better of the two movies (and TDKR is fucking meme garbage if you ask me). We're getting to a point where people keep bringing it up like its still relevant and means anything in regard to current WB standards. It was fucking 8 years ago, and since then WB has been fucking up.
>>
>>88566040
>Marvel has more misses than they have hits

Marvel Studios has literally no critically panned movie or box office flop.
>>
>>88566086
Warner wants the Flash to be their Spider-Man.

They hired Rick Famuyiwa to direct the solo movie because he could appeal to the Millennial crowd, before he dropped out.
>>
Doesnt Flash need a director by January or did they delay it like Aquaman? Its starting to sound like everything is hinging on Justice Leagues performance
>>
>>88566040
If you're going to claim that Marvel characters are dull and have no depth, support it.

Comics don't have to be whimsical and fun, but they should be. At least where superheros are concerned. I mean fuck who wants to slog through chapters full of fucking superpowerful beings being sad and depressed?

You're gonna go as far as to say that Marvel and DC both have strengths and weaknesses and yet deny that Marvel is better at live action and DC is better at animated? Fuck off. I guess we're gonna deny the existence of the Spiderman trilogy that kicked off the whole capeshit fad, right? Oh fuck that was only a Marvel character and not a Marvel production. So what about the monumental success of the first two Iron Man films, all of the Captain America films, the Netflix originals, Doctor Strange, the Avengers, etc?

>b-b-but muh Dark Knight!

It doesn't help your case since that wasn't even a DC production nor was it really an adaptation of Batman so much as just a detective flick. Don't even try to deny that after they slaughtered all of the villains featured in those films. Batman was already an incredibly popular hero at the time that film was made and grimdark wasn't as huge. In fact, the Dark Knight is more or less responsible for the grimdark shlock we get now because WB wants to ride that momentum as far as they can.

And actually, DC has more flops than hits, if you'll look back at Man of Steel, Superman Returns, arguably BvS if you consider the hype/turnout ratio, Killing Joke, and Justice League War.
>>
>>88566040
While I agree that DC is not a monolithic entity I'm so fucking tired of Batmand and there doesn't seem to be any facet of the media empire that's willing to let Batman take a backseat for fucking once.

Especially not the movies. And part of that is due specifically to The Dark Knight being so highly reverred. It means that when Green Lantern sucks the only reason WB can come up with for its failure is "he wasn't enough like Batman". It means when they want to revitalize Superman for a new generation, you have to angst him up because it worked with Batman. It means when plotting out your next fivue movies, it better be movies about Batman franchise villains, Batman's dad from another dimension, Green Batman, Evil Batman. Turn on the TV? Batman minus Batman!

I just want it to stop. There's so many good characters and they keep forcing this meme.
>>
>>88565975
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>88566040
you're right, but return of the caped crusaders was great
>>
I dread who they'll cast as DCEU's Thawne.
>>
>>88566433
Jackie Chan
>>
>>88565805
> Deny it all you want, but DC is trash at live action movies. Marvel has character development down and their characters are far from quipping cardboard.

Mouse shills are getting very elaborate.
>>
>>88564655
>Flash is Ringo Star

>Would you say The Flash is the fastest man in the world?
>The Flash isn't even the fastest member of the team.
>>
>>88566224
Well, we'll just have to disagree there. I think Begins is terrible and includes most of the same problems I have with the Marvel movies.

>>88566297
>Comics don't have to be whimsical and fun, but they should be.
Please shut the fuck up. The most acclaimed comics of all time are The Killing Joke, The Dark Knight Returns, Watchmen, and Arkham Asylum. On the Marvel side you have The Night Gwen Stacy Died, the Death of Jeane Dewolfe, the entire saga of Elektra and Bullseye, Kraven's Last Hunt, fuck most of Spider-Man and Daredevil's histories are grim and dark and soap opera-y. Both types of movies can exist, and shoving everything into the same mold is the problem I have with Marvel films.

>You're gonna go as far as to say that Marvel and DC both have strengths and weaknesses and yet deny that Marvel is better at live action and DC is better at animated?
Way to miss the point. Those things aren't good because "Marvel" made them, they're good because the right people worked on them. The first Captain America movie, Thor 1 and 2, Avengers 2, Iron Man 2, all of these had major problems because of either executive interference or just misguided creators.

BvS and MoS were bad because of executive interference and/or misguided creators in the same way.

I'm not defending DC or trashing Marvel, I just wish people wouldn't act like the Marvel Studios formula is the only one that can ever work and that everything has to be in that mold. Those movies are fine, but why can't we just have both serious approaches and more family-friendly ones?

>>88566311
It is stupid but the same is true for Iron Man. Hollywood is the most retarded industry on planet Earth.
>>
File: 1408338799494.jpg (646KB, 947x1496px) Image search: [Google]
1408338799494.jpg
646KB, 947x1496px
>>88565646
Piss the fuck off /tv/, for most of their shared history Marvel was the darker company.

Peter Parker uses humor to mask his pain. Barry Allen is just a good-hearted guy, like 2/3 of the rest of the Justic League.
>>
>>88566297
>Marvel characters are dull and have no depth, support it.
continuity between the films isnt exactly consistent at all, which is what i think he was trying to say.

>Comics don't have to be whimsical and fun, but they should be. At least where superheros are concerned.
fuck that shit, a medium shouldn't be forced to stick to only a single tone that dumb as fuck.

>You're gonna go as far as to say that Marvel and DC both have strengths and weaknesses and yet deny that Marvel is better at live action and DC is better at animated?
i mean if your gonna objectively judge the films, watchmen or Batman Returns and even Superman 2 have better visuals, aesthetics cinematography, performances and score than anything from the mcu, that isnt even going into dceu.

>Spiderman trilogy that kicked off the whole capeshit fad, right?
X Men? regardless very few people say that they're bad barring the third which even then has its fans.

>the monumental success of the first two Iron Man films, all of the Captain America films,
only iron man really made mad bank, until avengers that is.

>It doesn't help your case since that wasn't even a DC production nor was it really an adaptation of Batman so much as just a detective flick
if were getting into shitty character renditions may i direct you to pretty much every x man film, and most mcu films.

>DC has more flops than hits
well if you include the animated films of both companies like you did, then no that isnt true
>>
>>88565937
So? Almost every superhero has dead parents.

On the League the only one with a living parent in fact is Wonder Woman.
>>
File: itnotjackiechan.jpg (22KB, 480x351px) Image search: [Google]
itnotjackiechan.jpg
22KB, 480x351px
>>88566509
>Jakcie Chan
>>
>>88566578
not really unless were talking about the 60's. Both companies have their fair and equal share of darker material weather its war stuff like Enemy Aceor straight up horror like Werewolf after Midnight
>>
>>88566575
B-? ITS BASICALLY FUCKING BATMAN YEAR ONE! And Heath acts more like Anarky than Joker.
>>
>>88566575
Those stories are good because they come from a place of light.

With no context of silver age comics, Watchmen is meaningless. Without a past where the hero never fails and their friends never get hurt, Night Gwen Stacy Died is nothing.

You need a bright movie to have the darkness at the end have impact. You need to invest and have a build up thematically.
>>
>>88566632
In general Marvel has had darker content in the same time period.

Vertigo books don't count mind you any more than Touchstone is proper Disney.
>>
>>88566636
assuming your talking about the original anarchy, thats a pretty thin comparison barring them both having a hatred against the bigger man.

Anarky was just a dumb hotheaded kid in a big ass costume who was a semi vigilante that fought alongside the homeless.

if anything, ledger joker was more like idk, Prometheus maybe, both are kind of vauge in backstory and promethus spouts a lot of crap similar to ledger.
>>
>>88566699
>Vertigo books don't count mind you any more than Touchstone is proper Disney.
really though? a fair few vertigo characters frequently show up in mainline dc. Only ones i think havent is kid eternity and maybe shade, and even then they were based on pre existing characters.
>>
>>88566297
>Comics don't have to be whimsical and fun, but they should be. At least where superheros are concerned.

They haven't been that since my great grandfather was alive, as a kid who was born in the 80s and grew up in the 90s I think I speak for most people here when I say the comics I grew up reading were not "whimsical" or "campy"

Fuck off with that shit

>>88566297
>If you're going to claim that Marvel characters are dull and have no depth, support it.

They are all the same stereotypes of either....

>stronk sassy girl
>arrogant smart ass man
>loveable loser whos an underdog
>arrogant smart ass man who's also a "loveable" loser and underdog
>villain who's only evil because the plot says they should be and have no characteristic other than being arrogant and smart ass just like the hero

>I guess we're gonna deny the existence of the Spiderman trilogy that kicked off the whole capeshit fad, right?
You must be underaged. Capeshit had existed all through the 70s, 80s, and 90s....X-Men was the one that brought it back from the later Batman fims if anything

>So what about the monumental success of the first two Iron Man films, all of the Captain America films, the Netflix originals, Doctor Strange, the Avengers, etc?

People are lemmings....what about the monumental success of Justin Bieber, Nickelback, and Lady Gaga?
>>
>>88564655
>This is going to be awful, isn't it?

Trying to control the narrative huh? Yet anytime someone speaks badly of Marvel the thread gets deleted. Gee, I wonder why.
>>
>>88566797
Sandman for example.

Sandman is literal Kino.
>>
>>88565805
>Wow I don't even spend much time on /co/
>but DC is trash at live action movies
This is Marvel's target audience. Redditors who don't read comics.
>>
>>88566238
>box office flop.
Most of their movies are flops. Do the math.
>>
>>88565080
Batman's McCartney, overrated and over used with the most exposure.
Superman would be more Lennon.
>>
>>88566855
i've been meaning to read that for so long now shit
>>
>>88566819
Makes sense since the 90s is when comics went straight down the shitter. Good comics never abandon the fun. They can have depth too, I'm not saying they shouldn't. But let's not forget that comics and superheros were created for children. Grimdark shit is straight up pandering to jaded adults who couldn't care less. Let's remind ourselves that this is fantasy. Why would we need constant sad and depressing themes? Do we not get it beaten into our heads enough that real life sucks?

If you're going to list off stereotypes at least have the common sense to apply them. There are very few characters whom those stereotypes apply and have no further depth.

>capeshit existed all through the 70s, 80's, and 90's
Yeah maybe with the Superman movies. Or are you referring to the staggering success of Captain America, Fantastic Four, the Flash, Wonder Woman, Man-Thing, and Batman and Robin?
>>
>>88566878
The delusion is pretty fucking strong in this post.
>>
>>88566972
hold up, theres a fucking man thing movie?
>>
>>88566997
Yeah Lionsgate owns his movie rights. It was a box office bomb and is considered one of the worst films ever.
>>
>>88567051
Correction: Lionsgate no longer owns his movie rights
>>
>>88566972
>But let's not forget that comics and superheros were created for children.

Keyword...."were"
They were created for children, and those children grew up...children of the future didn't care about them and those who did also wanted something darker because the demographic raised in age, kids never want what their parents had they want something that's cooler than that, the demographic that was buying into Care Bears at the time was not the same demographic who was into comic books, no, not at all

>Yeah maybe with the Superman movies. Or are you referring to the staggering success of Captain America, Fantastic Four, the Flash, Wonder Woman, Man-Thing, and Batman and Robin?
Superman movies, Wonder Woman tv series, The Punisher, Judge Dredd, TMNT, Batman, Batman Returns, The Crow, Blade movies, X-Men

These all had varying levels of success but most could be counted as a success as most if even weren't well received at the time are remembered fondly today and have a fanbase of some kind today

>>staggering success
Also, once again if you're basing quality of a film purely on how much money it's made you're a fucking idiot....you're the same kind of moron who would say the Transformers are awful movies despite making millions, but will use "MARVEL MAKES MONEY" as the sole argument for why the films are any good....you're simply a cancer to board quality my friend
>>
>>88566509
>It was ME, Barry. The author of all your treble.
>>
>>88567051
shit, imma have to watch that now, thanks
>>
>>88564655
>>88565629

Mousecuck pls go
>>
>>88566509
Rumor has it Miller is Thawne, too - being that Thawne had surgery to look like Barry.
>>
>>88564655
>Everyone is grumpy and the Flash annoys people

So we're going for a dark Identity Crisis era tone where everyone hates one another and makes passive aggressive swipes.

Why the fuck is the first JLA movie taking the tone of Identity Crisis era DC?
>>
>>88567625
oops, meant to reply to:
>>88566433
>>
>>88567648
because Superman is the only nice guy in this universe
>>
File: zacksnyder.jpg (31KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
zacksnyder.jpg
31KB, 460x276px
>>88567648
>Why the fuck is the first JLA movie taking the tone of Identity Crisis era DC?
>>
>>88567308
>comics were made for children but I'm older now so they should pander to me instead
Hahahaha get over yourself. Why the hell do you think they keep selling toys? They're certainly not for people your age. Kids are still very much into superheros so don't pretend as though they're not in the market.

If you think any of those productions had success due to drimdarkness, you must have as many living brain cells as Wesley Snipes after the Blade trilogy. Punisher and Dredd, for as dark as they were, were still over the top and campy as fuck, as are the characters they're based on. The Crow is the only exception among those listed.

You're trying to say that capeshit has been a fad for decades, and that is simply not true. This shit is DOMINATING the market nowand you're fucking stupid if you think this was still the case before the 2000s.
>>
>>88565629
>Flash isn't a fucking tortured soul
>MUH MOM
>NOT FAST ENOUGH
>IRIS
>IRIS
>EVERYTHING IS TOO SLOW
> I'm too ......slow....
>I'm too fast!
>>
>>88567859
His mom is really the only thing he struggles with. The rest of the shit is just reinforcing that Flash is over the top and insane as a character.
>>
File: Sweet dreams are made of this.jpg (210KB, 750x388px) Image search: [Google]
Sweet dreams are made of this.jpg
210KB, 750x388px
>I can outrun everything, Batman. Everything but the pain.
>>
>>88567648
Because you have to be dark, cynical, and edgy to sell, even though every DCEU movie has either flopped, gotten shit reviews, or both and Marvel only succeeded because they took years to establish their cinematic universe.
>>
File: Father and son.jpg (77KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Father and son.jpg
77KB, 1000x500px
>"Dad, I promise you, I'll find the man who killed mom and I will prove your innocence."

>"No, Barry. If 20 years in Iron Heights have taught me anything, it is that the true prison, the one you can't escape from, is the one inside your mind. And I've been in prison every day I spent with your mother. I've hated her in secret since before you were born, Barry. Every day I left home, I thought about running and never looking back. I only didn't do it because I couldn't do that to you. But now you're an adult. Now you can walk on your own. Barry, the truth is I've never felt more free. I didn't kill your mother, but I sure am glad she is dead. And that's why I belong here. So my advice to you is... Let it go. Leave the past to the dead, son. Move forward."
>>
>>88564655

>WAKE ME UP

What a fresh way to tackle the Justice League's character dynamics. Batman's grumpy, Aquaman's grumpy,
Cyborg's mopey, Superman's (presumably) somber about coming back from the dead, and Wonder Woman tolerates everything with a gritted teeth smile. That's the DCEU grit I want when seeing a movie about the Justice League.

>CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
>>88568053
>What a fresh way to tackle the Justice League's character dynamics. Batman's grumpy, Aquaman's grumpy,
>Cyborg's mopey, Superman's (presumably) somber about coming back from the dead, and Wonder Woman tolerates everything with a gritted teeth smile.

Wasn't that how the JL was portrayed in THE NEW 52? Although Wonder Woman was a huge psycho instead of charming.
>>
>>88566952
Lennon didn't survive a stabbing
>>
Just seems like what you'd expect given that he's young and speed force has maybe him hyper.
>>
>>88566600
Cyborg's dad is alive.
>>
>>88567796
>They're certainly not for people your age.
A good portion of them are, actually. You must not be very into the toy world, so talking out of your ass.

>This shit is DOMINATING the market nowand you're fucking stupid if you think this was still the case before the 2000s.

Big deal? How does that prove any of my points that you failed to address wrong? You made the point that comics were for kids....they were, they no longer are and haven't been since before anybody on this board was alive, not young kids anyway. You also said Spider-Man was the only reason capeshit exists now, this is false because it has always existed in Hollywood, and as far as the modern era goes X-Men predates it and unlike Spider-Man is still going to this day despite whatever numbers you're going to throw at me no doubt.

Comics aren't "supposed" to be "whimsical" as you put it, and they haven't been in forever, those are ancient times at this point period.
>>
>>88568116

And the New 52 was so unpopular that they semi-rebooted it into DC Rebirth, and in-universe called it a world devoid of hope optimism, did they not? The new "edgy" Superman was so unpopular that they killed him off so that dad Supes could take his place.

WHY would you ever model a universe after the Nu52?

And on a completely different note, the main problem with BvS is that it deconstructs without bothering to construct this version of Batman or Superman. I don't see Supes or Batman when life is going good/normal for them, so I can't properly appreciate their fall and their subsequent rise to greater heights.

Say what you will about the MCU, but I think that it's done a good job of deconstructing Tony Stark from being this carefree playboy and superhero into being this lonely PTSD and guilt ridden man who can't even be Iron Man without getting permission from the government. But his arc loses a lot of his meaning if the first movie in the Iron Man saga is "Iron Man 3".
>>
>>88568053
>Batman's grumpy,
Not new
>quaman's grumpy,
Not new
>Cyborg's mopey,
Not new
>Superman's (presumably) somber about coming back from the dead
Not new
>>88568053
>Wonder Woman tolerates everything with a gritted teeth smile.
Not new.
>>
>>88568458
>WHY would you ever model a universe after the Nu52?
Because Johns likes to model adaptations after the shit he writes. As evidenced by every adaptation he's worked on, lifting his retcons/stories into the adaptation
>>
TV versionn is much better so far.
>>
>>88568037

Does Raimi have a writing credit on JL?
>>
>>88568458

Everything has been based on THE NEW 52. The recent animated movies, the recent JLA cartoon, the DCEU movies and so on. Even the games.
>>
God forbids someone cracking jokes in the League other than Batman
>>
>>88565293
eh, flash tv is serviceable and good enough
>>
>>88568529
Even CW Barry is fucking terrible. Like holy shit I hate that show for watering down Flash material creating Flash "fans" who just eat this melodrama bullshit up
>>
>>88568641
Batman shouldnt be cracking jokes unless its sarcasm.
>>
>>88568194
The original argument was that DC movies do poorly due to their over saturation of grimdark themes and lack of any real fun or brightness.

People expect superhero movies to be fun and campy and DC's failure to provide something that actually makes sense for the genre is why their reception has been mediocre at best.

Spiderman jump started the FAD of capeshit as we know it today because it had a fair balance of dark and light tones and good production value. You keep neglecting the word "fad". It's not the only reason, obviously, but the fad would not have taken off as easily had it not been for those films. There's no reason to believe comics would have died off without the Spiderman films, but there's no reason to believe they would have gotten a slight revival either.

What you're saying is that just because "superheros" have had a presence for decades, "capeshit" has had the same presence. That is false and you know it.
>>
>>88568660
>muh secret club
>>
>>88568529

For sure it isn't my man.
>>
>>88568706
>People expect superhero movies to be fun and campy
No they don't

>Spiderman jump started the FAD of capeshit as we know it
No it didn't, X-Men did because it was a capeshit movie that WASN'T goofy and silly like the two later Batman films, and unlike something like say Blade which was a big success, was unmistakenly capeshit

Spider-Man wouldn't have done well without X-Men making capeshit ok to like again in the first place

Also, I don't recall Spider-Man ever being much of a "fad", Iron Man was the movie that launched what we have now...does it partially owe something to Spider-Man? Only as much as Spider-Man owes to X-Men
>>
>>88564655
>Uncle Fish Curry (Aquaman) is very grumpy.
Oh boy, I sure can't wait for SUPER EDGY DARK Aquaman. Maybe they can give him a hook hand for some extra EDGE.
>>
Reminder that
>Cold will be a fucking meta
>We'll never get the entire Rogues assembled
>They wont have their "thieves with honor" shtick
>>
>>88569041
Literally nobody wants Superfriends Aquaman, shut up
>>
>>88569166
Good, that's the worst meme from the Flash

>lmao Barry and Cold are almost friends and respect eachother xD
>>
>>88569166

Rogues are for sure a flop that don't translate well to cinema.
>>
>>88569019
>No they don't
Got any logic or reasoning behind that? No? So am I to believe that when people think of say, Superman, they imagine a man that is so tortured and reviled by the world that he's more of a super sad man than a superhero? What a fucking retard you are.

I say it started with Spiderman because it got infinitely more attention and recognition than X-Men did. Where it started is pretty irrelevant though because both were pretty silly and light hearted in their own ways. Both had a good balance of light and dark themes. Blade was edgy as hell but it was still over the top and campy and people found it amusing because Blade didn't just lament for 2 hours over being a vampire.

I would say Spiderman started a fad because after it came countless parodies including Superhero Movie which was a direct parody of the plot of the first movie. Not to mention being the seventh highest grossing film of all time at the time of its release. It was widely renowned for being fun and charming.
>>
>>88564655
So they made him Spider-man, but bad.
>>
>>88569223
>Friends
Not really. Its more like they respect one anothers abilities in a cat in mouse type of way. Its better than Batmans run of the mill LOLCRAZY shit half the time
>>
>>88569319
>b-b-but Batman

Like clockwork
>>
>>88569250
Costume alone is hard enough to sell
>>
>>88569277
I'm not going to give reasoning to somebody who's argument is so weak that with each and every post they only respond to one smaller and smaller part of of a counter argument made against them each time.

I'm just going to say this, you keep saying every movie brought up is silly and lighthearted no matter how dark they were yet can't say the same for BvS, which had it's share of retarded humor to pander to you types, so I'm just going to call a spade a spade and call a shill a shill. Good day to you sir.
>>
>>88564655
>the Flash, the league’s overly excitable kid brother who uses humor to mask his pain

So they're ripping off Deadpool now as well? Why can't they just make an Ambush Bug film or something?
>>
>>88569336
Oh should I compare to the Sinister Six then? A group of science related assholes who are pretty much on the "fuck Spider man!" boat?
>>
>>88569185
How about they just do New-52 Aquaman? Especially since he's one of the few things pretty much everyone liked better than before.
>>
>>88569391
>the insecure Aquaman who has to remind everyone that he is king of the seas every 5 panel because "OMG AQUAMAN IS BADASS TOO, ok?! get over it!"

Nah
>>
>>88569391

Long haired Aquaman with one hand and a beard is and will always be the best iteration of the character.
>>
>>88569356
No, you're going to fuck off because you don't have an adequate response for any of my points. You don't want to give reasoning for what you say because it's beyond someone of your mental capacity to support such blindingly stupid statements.

BvS had some dumb humor yes but a turd with some sugar is still a turd. The rest of the movie was literally a bunch of lamenting over the existence of superheros and the destruction they bring.
>>
>>88569437
>Didnt like early New52 Aquaman
Faggot detected
>>
>>88569437
>implying that's not what they're doing but on Snyder style steroids
Did you fucking miss him doing nothing but grunting and attacking Batman? Or how about when he tipped that booze all over himself. EDGGGGGGGGGGE
>>
>>88569166
dude, all of that left with fumimya
>>
>>88567380
It was me Barry. The author of I don't want no trouble.
>>
>>88569568
So wait, would this imply the entire fight between Flash/Reverse Flash would be Erza throwing super speed punches while Jackie Chan repeatedly counters them while saying OOH! SORRY! followed by speedforce furniture fighting?
>>
>>88565220
>That sounds more like fucking Impulse than any version of the Flash

Reminder: Impulse was the Flash at one point
>>
>>88564655
>uses humor to mask his pain
That hits too close to home
>>
>>88569356
BvS was only funny in the sense that it was so shitty that it warped around into being hilarious.

Whenever people talk about BvS, there's two scenes that come up the most, the scene where Batman is beating Supes with a sink and the infamous "MARTHA!" scene. Both of those scenes were fucking hilarious only because of how absurd they were and how they both just kinda popped the fuck outta nowhere.

It's alot like "The Room" in a way, where the plot just kinda fades in and out as everyone but the director is confused and/or apathetic about its success.
>>
>>88569471
>No, you're going to fuck off because you don't have an adequate response for any of my points.

I made multiple counter arguments for everything you said each time, and each time you ignored all of the numerous ones I made and instead decided to reiterate some point you made while addressing none of my counter arguments. You fail.

>>88569725
>Whenever people talk about BvS, there's two scenes that come up the most, the scene where Batman is beating Supes with a sink and the infamous "MARTHA!" scene. Both of those scenes were fucking hilarious only because of how absurd they were and how they both just kinda popped the fuck outta nowhere.

I don't know, when I talk about the film with my friends usually we talk about the Batman action scenes and how they were so much better than the sluggish Mortal Kombat esque bar room brawl style in the Nolan flicks, how Lex was a truly hateable villain and how we kinda have to respect that despite not thinking he was Lex Luthor at all, and how awesome the Wonder Woman scenes were of all things

Maybe you should get off of 4chan for a while or stop talking only to memers and shills.
>>
>>88565805

"fun"

kys
>>
>>88569517

Don't forget the EDGY ROCK MUSIC.
>>
>>88570003
>I don't know, when I talk about the film with my friends
Irrelevant, at best your an exception to the rule but that has no bearing on this discussion.
>Blah blah blah Nolan sucks
Why do you people continue to bring better films under scrutiny whenever people talk about the DCEU? Even if those films sucked as much as you claim it still doesn't make one turd smell better by comparison.
>Luthor
So you respect a dude who delivers piss jars, shoves Jolly Ranchers down people's throats, and creates a monster that he couldn't even control based on the fact that it had his blood? That's not respectful, that's just silly.
>WW
Yeah, all four lines of dialogue they bothered giving her sure were great huh?

/sarcasm
>>
>>88570065
Rock music isn't "edgy", you millennial twat.

These movies aren't being made for people your age....watch your new Potty Trainers movie, I mean, MCU flick, if you're younger than 25 DC flicks aren't for you
>>
>>88566238
Neither does DC lol
>>
>>88564655
Very much so.
>>
I cannot wait for this movie to be fucking awful. This is going to be the biggest shitshow ever put on film. This is going to make "Cutthroat Island" look like "Titanic."
>>
>>88570158
>Irrelevant, at best your an exception to the rule but that has no bearing on this discussion.
Your point is irrelevant as well because you're regurgitating "shit 4chan says", just like how Cyclops is the most popular cape character of all time on this board and Wolverine is a POS....but really, it's the opposite to most people other than the autistics who lurk here

Furthermore, that aside, you're also regurgitating what critics say which makes you less then a mere autistic 4chan parrot, but a /tv/ moron and a trendy poseur dipshit

>Why do you people continue to bring better films under scrutiny whenever people talk about the DCEU? Even if those films sucked as much as you claim it still doesn't make one turd smell better by comparison.
I didn't say Nolan sucks, and I'm fairly certain I've never spoken to you before....maybe we have, maybe not...this is an anonymous image board after all, but chances are that I have no fucking clue who you are and vice versa, so don't assume. I said the action scenes in Nolans movies suck...which they do, the action is awful and the fighting is not how Batman should fight at all, he stumbles and fumbles around throwing haymakers and looking generally sluggish, not like somebody who's been trained in martial arts and knows the art of stealth, that being said I love the Nolan movies....well the first two, anyway, The Dark Knight is the one of the only movies from the recent era that is a legitimate classic in the genre of super hero movies.

>So you respect a dude who delivers piss jars, shoves Jolly Ranchers down people's throats, and creates a monster that he couldn't even control based on the fact that it had his blood? That's not respectful, that's just silly.
I don't respect pissing in jars, I respect the fact that the movie made a villain who was such a bastard that I wanted nothing more than to see him get what was coming to him in the end. No MCU film has had a villain worth caring about
>>
Why couldn't we have an older Flash that is around Superman's age? This just seems dumb.
>>
>>88570326
Continued

>>88570158
>>WW
>Yeah, all four lines of dialogue they bothered giving her sure were great huh?

Who cares about her dialogue? These are action films, it's about the action, and all the scenes WONDER WOMAN was on screen engaging in action were fucking great...she had more balls than I have ever seen a character in these movies as of late have, truly seemed like she was down to kick ass and take names and have fun doing it , that's what I want to see....displays of super heroism that are badass, because that's what capeshit is all about for anybody who isn't fucking some 20 year old who learned about this shit from Tumblr and is into shipping or whatever you jerkoff kids do
>>
>>88570297
Im not, because like WW, it will buy autists another 3 years of shitposting
>>
>>88570164
If you're still watching capeshit movies at 25 then something's wrong with you.
>>
>>88564655
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKkCye1gDXM
>>
>>88570409
go to bed alan
>>
>>88570396
>Who cares about her dialogue? These are action films, it's about the action, and all the scenes WONDER WOMAN was on screen engaging in action were fucking great...she had more balls than I have ever seen a character in these movies as of late have, truly seemed like she was down to kick ass and take names and have fun doing it

Great assessment, Mr. Snyder
>>
>>88570326
>Baaw, you're not listening to me so obviously you just listen to 4chan memes
Forgetting that everything you said is the same argument that fanboys post in defense of their shitty movies but whatever.
>Didn't say Nolan sucks
>>88570003
>how they were so much better than the sluggish Mortal Kombat esque bar room brawl style in the Nolan flicks
Also, when was the last time you saw Batman beating someone over the head with a sink or shooting people with live ammo?
>Muh opinion>Your opinion
Next!
>Everything here >>88570396
I think you have a problem my friend, as in, comic book guy levels of obsession. You could write WW out of the movie entirely and nothing would change, and that's because she's irrelevant and likely thrown in just so it wasn't a total sausage party.

I mean, WW was capable of wielding the w/o succumbing to the kryptonite yet they STILL gave it to Supes. That's how irrelevant she was in this film, fucking Lois pulls more weight than she did, and that's sad.
>>
Man it's suffering wanting the DC films to be entertaining for more than 1 viewing.
>>
>>88570596
Sorry you can't handle the truth samefag. People like you who obsess over capeshit at 25+ are in the same league as high level pokemon players or bronies.
>>
>>88570596

>>88570654
"samefag" should be namefag.
>>
>>88570003
>things that didn't happen
Yeah whatever, fag. You only look like more of a dipshit after you fail to read and proceed to claim that things went unaddressed.
>>
>>88570164
>le DC movies are le serious movies for le serious intellectual adults
You're the one that sounds like an edgy teenager.
>>
>>88570654
im 18 friend, and it was a fucking joke, no need to sperg out like you did
>>
>>88570618
>You could write WW out of the movie entirely and nothing would change, and that's because she's irrelevant and likely thrown in just so it wasn't a total sausage party.

We all know WHY she was there, to set up the future films. I can admit that, but you can't admit that entire Marvel films only exist for the same reason, rather than a single cameo in a larger film

>I mean, WW was capable of wielding the w/o succumbing to the kryptonite yet they STILL gave it to Supes
She was literally the only thing keeping Doomsday from going after Superman while he went to fetch the green stick of plot, Batman sure as fuck couldn't have done it, nor could Lois, so...you're wrong there

Now let's address your more asinine "points"
>Also, when was the last time you saw Batman beating someone over the head with a sink or shooting people with live ammo?
When was the last time you saw Captain America be stronger than a helicopter, or The Mandarin be a white guy with a dragon tattoo who breathes fire who's pretending to be a British guy pretending to be an Arab in Chinese decor? Or the last time you saw Spider-Man get his start in the big leagues of super heroing from Tony Stark?

Irrelevant
>>
>>88570654
>People like you who obsess over capeshit at 25+ are in the same league as high level pokemon players or bronies.

If you're not 25+ you have no place on this board...I know the rules say 18, but you're a fucking newfag and newfags have no right to speak. Lurk until you're an oldfag.
>>
>>88566297
Funfags should be gassed, I swear.
>>
>>88571129
Damn I've heard you people hate fun but I've never seen it with my own eyes.
>>
File: 1482185192093.jpg (739KB, 800x1337px) Image search: [Google]
1482185192093.jpg
739KB, 800x1337px
>>
>>88571204
Oh look, funfags are doing what they do best, which is twisting words.
Just kill yourself. The world would not miss "cape comics should all be whimsical and fun because I said so" cretins.
>>
>>88570978
>We all know WHY she was there, to set up the future films.
Considering who we're talking about, wouldn't it have made more sense to introduce WW in her own film first?
>She had to fight Doomsday, don't you see :'(
Why isn't it reversed? Why isn't Supes the one dealing with Doomsday while Batman and WW get the spear? At least then it'd make more sense for him to die considering Supes was one of the few people who could match Doomsday blow for blow.
>This whole butthurt rant
The point I was making was that the Batman we saw in BvS didn't how we usually see him fight either. If you're angry at Nolanverse Batman for not fighting how he does in the comics then you should be equally livid for how they turned him into a thug rather than a detective.
>>
>>88571011
If you're 25+ and you're still watching movies about capeshit, you might as well be a brony.

Simple as that.
>>
>>88571260
Hey man you're twisting words just as well.

The world would not miss "cape comics should be dark and no fun because I said so" cretins.
>>
File: paqPdgo.png (423KB, 1057x611px) Image search: [Google]
paqPdgo.png
423KB, 1057x611px
>>88567961
>>
File: blythe_grin.png (1MB, 1654x938px) Image search: [Google]
blythe_grin.png
1MB, 1654x938px
>>88571376
I am a brony, got a point pal? The real question is what is a normie like you doing on this board.
>>
>>88571427
Go back where you belong pony fucker.
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>88570164

>younger than 25

I'm 28 and DC movies dont strike a cord with me either(granted neither do MCU movies for the most part) so far. And I like DC.
>>
>>88571327
>Considering who we're talking about, wouldn't it have made more sense to introduce WW in her own film first?
No, because they're not trying to copy the MCU formula.

>Why isn't it reversed? Why isn't Supes the one dealing with Doomsday while Batman and WW get the spear? At least then it'd make more sense for him to die considering Supes was one of the few people who could match Doomsday blow for blow.
Plot

>The point I was making was that the Batman we saw in BvS didn't how we usually see him fight either. If you're angry at Nolanverse Batman for not fighting how he does in the comics then you should be equally livid for how they turned him into a thug rather than a detective.
Do I really have to repeat myself? I guess I do, I love the Nolan movies, I'm not mad at them....but the Batman action scenes were lackluster, BvS did them better, the Batman action scenes in it were exciting and fun to watch as fuck.....Nolan movies, good (aside from the third), Nolan action...bad
>>
File: scured.jpg (13KB, 720x298px) Image search: [Google]
scured.jpg
13KB, 720x298px
>>88571427
>I am a brony
Anon, be careful.

Or else he'll hear you.
>>
Change it up a little, what villain do you want in the Flash film? I hope to see either weather wizard or mirror master. Jai Boomer would be great too.

>>88571427
im kind of surprised there are still bronies nowadays. First time ive really heard about them in over a year
>>
File: biskitslaughing.jpg (28KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
biskitslaughing.jpg
28KB, 500x370px
>>88571453
Go back to where you belong faggot
>>>/tv/
>>
>>88571327
I think they wanted to go ahead and establish that Bruce and Diana know each other so they can speed along the plot in JL a bit faster
>>
>>88571528
Different anon here, Im all for purging /tv/ but if you really are a ponyfag you really need to fuck right off now
>>
>>88571376
If you're 25+ and you're still watching movies, television, etc. you're basically worse than a brony. Grow up. We sophisticated adults only enjoy high quality entertainment such as books.
>>
>>88564655
Remember when we first saw articles on how this Flash would be older, more mature, and place greater emphasis on the forensic detective aspect? I could have sworn he'd be bearded too.
>>
>>88571604
Especially the kind with pictures mirite

>>88571522
Mirror Master or Abra Kadabra
>>
>>88571604
>adults
>enjoying entertainment
Get a fucking job, kiddo.
>>
>>88571498
>No, because they're not trying to copy the MCU formula.
Too late
>Plot
So shitty writing, gotcha.
>Everything here
Batman doesn't charge into a stronghold, shoot people, beat others over the head with sinks, or does any of the other shit we see him do during this movie. If you feel the Nolan films lost something because Batman didn't fight as he should've fought, you should be just as angry at BvS for turning him into a brute who shoots first, asks questions later.
>>
>>88571626
That was before the director of hipster film Dope came on board
>>
>>88571587
If they wanted to do that then they should've done it at some point after establishing their own independent movies.

Besides, JL is already playing with a shitty hand considering that the only one who is leading them is a psychotic who branded criminals and shit.
>>
>>88571604
>Ponyfucker REEEEEEES after being BTFO'd
Is there nothing sweeter than an autists tears?
>>
>>88565293
BvS wasn't enough to get that message? What you needed? a fucking neon sign?

Every DC character that you love is going to be misrepresented...and with a delightful blue filter on top
>>
somebody explain, is /tv/ pro dc or anti dc, because in this thread alone ive seen both those groups of people use it as an arguing point towards the other.

is it just because they literally dont have a good response or what?
>>
>>88571771
/tv/ (at least on their board) ironically call BvS a masterpiece. Here its hard to tell. It basically just turns into the same circular arguments over and over
>>
File: 1431221798857.jpg (102KB, 916x690px) Image search: [Google]
1431221798857.jpg
102KB, 916x690px
>>88571590
>but if you really are a ponyfag you really need to fuck right off now
You're clearly a newfag. Not only were us ponyfags birthed of /co/, but so was the very term "brony". We will always be here because this is our board....we just have another board too because our fandom is bigger than yours.
>>
File: IMG_0484.jpg (211KB, 630x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0484.jpg
211KB, 630x800px
>>88565293
>tfw Reverse Flash is just your average /co/ user and Barryfag upset that his capeshit is ruined
>>
>>88566952
Lennon is the one that got a cult following of mindless fanboys. He would be Batman
>>
File: t. DCucks.png (484KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
t. DCucks.png
484KB, 1280x720px
>>88565293
Now you know the pain I've felt since 2013.

I legitimately do not understand how any one can be so delusional to support this objective shit snyder has been feeding us.
>>
File: laugh.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>88572139
>We will always be here because this is our board
>>
>>88564655
So wait, does it mean we will never get Wally at all? Because it seems Barry is pretty much filling his roles anyway.

Also I'm dreading their take on Thawne.
>>
>>88572497
We'll get Wally, he'll just be based on boring CW Wally
>>
File: IMG_4783.jpg (22KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4783.jpg
22KB, 511x288px
>>88572523
>>
>>88571634
>Especially the kind with pictures mirite
The highest quality book is a "comic book" for sure.
>>
>>88572139
I seem to remember the bulk of you fags getting banned for ponyshit back in the day too. Your board is here >>>/mlp/

How 'bout you go back where you came from?
>>
>>88571327
>wouldn't it have made more sense to introduce WW in her own film first?

Why?

>Why isn't Supes the one dealing with Doomsday while Batman and WW get the spear?

Because Diana wouldn't know where to even look and Batman couldn't do jackshit about it after the docks got leveled by Doomsday to a point where it was suddenly impossible to even tell where the old buildings were placed.

>The point I was making was that the Batman we saw in BvS didn't how we usually see him fight either

That's completely inane thing to complain about. Batman always adjusts his tactics and outside of the spear, it all fits into his usual repertoire.

>If you're angry at Nolanverse Batman for not fighting how he does in the comics then you should be equally livid for how they turned him into a thug rather than a detective.

Except Bruce did a lot of detective work in the background that ultimately led him to Lex's Kryptonite shipment.
>>
>>88566086
>"you play a fool to hide a warrior's pain."
>>
>>88573019
>Why?
So people know who this person is and how she fits into the DCEU, rather than tacking her on at the end of an already bloated narrative that's trying to juggle too much shit at once.
>Excuses
Wasn't Lois the one holding the spear though? Didn't she have it after she dove in to reclaim it on a whime?
>3
Batman is also known for researching his opponents and being a goddamn detective. It sounds inane to you because you likely haven't seen Batman outside of this shitty movie. He also doesn't face his opponents head-on, rather using subterfuge and misdirection until they expose a weakness that he can expose using his environment and his tools. He also wouldn't use a gun, and this is an important part of his character.
>4
Yet he couldn't use not!Google and figure out that Lex had something to do with the senate bombing and his employees tampered checks?

He didn't even know Superman had a secret identity until MARTHA!
>>
>>88565293
Now you know how Superman fans feel.
>>
>>88573308

The movie doesn't try to explain everything about Wonder Woman, it instead does a brief introduction that paves way for Justice League, while simultaneously tying everything back to Lex's larger information gathering that show you how he was able to know Superman and Batman's identity so he could manipulate them behind the scenes.

>Wasn't Lois the one holding the spear though? Didn't she have it after she dove in to reclaim it on a whime?
She was under the rubble at that point. They had no time to go get the spear because they were fighting Doomsday and the spear only became a tactic when it became clear Doomsday couldn't be just punched out.
>Batman is also known for researching his opponents and being a goddamn detective.
You see this in the movie, when Batman uses his detective skills to track down the White Portuguese. He doesn't investigate Superman and figure out his identity because he is basically post-crisis Lex, his POV is blinded by his prejudice and hate that he can't even register the idea that an alien being could be masquerading as a mild mannered reporter.
>He also doesn't face his opponents head-on, rather using subterfuge and misdirection until they expose a weakness that he can expose using his environment and his tools.
That is literally what he does in the movie, except for the last part because he had already figured out a weakness and prepped the combat zone to his advantage.
>He also wouldn't use a gun, and this is an important part of his character.
Wrong.
>Yet he couldn't use not!Google and figure out that Lex had something to do with the senate bombing and his employees tampered checks?
He had no reason to suspect Lex was behind it all. Lex was also manipulating him and stoking his hatred to burn bright and red.
>He didn't even know Superman had a secret identity until MARTHA!
Again, because he was too blinded by hate to see Superman as anything but an alien monster.
>>
>>88573647
This movie has a really poor habit of leaving out important details that would've been more interesting than the plot we were given here.

For instance,
>Who is WW?
>Why is Batman insane?
>How exactly is Lex able to figure out who these two are so quickly?

If this movie wasn't so damn eager to be Mos2, Dawn of Justice, and Death of Superman in one film, it probably wouldn't have gotten as much flak as it did.
>>
>>88573764

Wonder Woman is a very minor character, so she doesn't require such focus, especially when BvS was always meant to be followed by Wonder Woman movie. The two other points are explained int he movie, you dense simpleton.
>>
>>88573764
>Who is WW?
Who's Batman? Who's this mysterious "Superman"?
>>
>>88572328
I still defend MoS. It was a good take on Superman. Different, but good.
Should they have started their dceu with it? Should they have the same tones in future films? Absolutely not. BvS is proof of these terrible decisions. It's amazing that I have gone full 180 in a spans of 3 years.
>inb4 marvelfag
Don't worry I hate all capeshits now
>>
>>88564655
Can we please have Ringo overdub all of Ezra's dialogue? I'd watch that.
>>
>>88565293
Hly fuck that yellow mugshot of Thawne REALLY REALLY looks like Matt Letscher
>>
>>88573819
Stop being facetious here for a second and consider who WW would be to someone who has never read a comic book in their life.

She'd just be some chick wearing armor who shows up towards the ass end of the film and helps distract Doomsday. She only gets like four lines throughout the entire film and could easily be cut from the film without losing anything significant.
>>
>>88574242

And if you liked her and thought she was cool, you'd want to go and see her upcoming movie.
>>
>>88574266
Her upcoming movie should've come out before this one, then I would've probably been more excited to see her.

Same with Batman, this movie was an awful introduction to the character because nobody in the JL would want to work with him.
>>
>>88564655
We have one brooding psychotic Batman
We have one distant. cold Superman.
We have grumpy Aquaman
We have aloof Wonderwoman
And we have tortured soul Flash.

Will anyone on the time look like they're enjoying themselves and want to be there?
>>
>>88564655
So they're gonna make him into there spiderman
>>
>>88574374
>inb4 Batman is the happiest one because he has friends again
>>
>>88564655
>Flash is funny
RUINED!!!!!!
>>
>>88573819
>Who's this mysterious "Superman"?
Maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing.
>>
>>88570653
At this point I'd settle for them being entertaining FOR 1 viewing, it'd be an improvement.
>>
>>88574331
>Her upcoming movie should've come out before this one

Not this argument again. If she was in the movie for more than maybe fifteen minutes, you'd have a point. But her being a mystery is entirely intentional.
>>
>WB doesn't understand a dc comics character at all
>Again

We shouldn't be surprised.

It sounds like they want to make him more like spider-man.
>>
>>88574374

Flash is actually a tortured soul. He's not a memer like in the DCAU.
. The guy is the loneliest guy there can be, he lost both his parents, have feelings for a girl and he doesn't dare to make a move or to confess, and on top of that his Super speed completely warped his perception of time and reality, making him half a world away from everyone else.
>>
>>88575028
>her being a mystery is entirely intentional.
Even the distorted version of her theme that would pop up during her scenes were proof of this. I thought that was really cool.
>>
>>88575182
no you're not allowed to use comics as a source

NOT MUH!!!!!
>>
File: 1456265306259.jpg (59KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1456265306259.jpg
59KB, 600x600px
>tv Barry is Wally
>movie Barry is Bart

Fucking hell, Warners.
>>
>>88568189
Ded mom is cause of rift between him and dad.
>>
>>88564655
I would be more worried if he was the writer, this is nothing, actors always say dumb shit about their characters but writers have the last say.
>>
>>88566297
DC has Rebirth though. That was a success on most levels.
>>
>>88566600
Barry's dad is still living.
>>
>>88575182
>memer

Argument discarded.
>>
>>88576123
>>tv Barry is Wally

He objectively isn't.
>>
File: DCEU Aquaman.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DCEU Aquaman.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>Everyone is somber/grim/unhappy
>"This is just like the comics!"
>Audience for comics is shit, if Batman movie tickets sold like the comics it would be catastrophic.

Why are DCfriends mad enough to think that aping the grimderpest versions of DC runs, or making them extra-dark like Caveman Aquaman, is a good idea?
>>
>>88576123
>tv Barry is Wally

While tv Wally doesn't really act like ginger Wally OR comic black Wally I would not say that tv Barry is even remotely Wallyesque
>>
>>88576886
>Everyone is somber/grim/unhappy
wat

Please stop equating quips with happiness
>>
>>88566972
>Let's remind ourselves that this is fantasy. Why would we need constant sad and depressing themes? Do we not get it beaten into our heads enough that real life sucks?

So that we're not constantly reminded that it's just a fantasy? So that we can actually relate to the characters on the screen? You know, the same shit that's just taken for granted within other works of speculative fiction such as sci-fi and even high fantasy.

I can't get into any of the really sugary superhero stuff. It's an action movie that can never for a second convince me that the hero's in danger. What's the fucking point? If I wanted something calming I'd watch moeblob slice of life.
>>
File: Pa and Clark.jpg (67KB, 618x331px) Image search: [Google]
Pa and Clark.jpg
67KB, 618x331px
>>88576962
But the only person quipping is Wally, to mask the horrible anguish seething inside him.
Momentary scenes of a cracked smile aside, the theme of the last two films has been "Being Superman is suffering, and being Batman can drive you to becoming a remorseless rage-filled murderer."
You have to get into some pretty grim Elseworlds to see them portrayed that darkly.
>>
>>88577005
>immmplying that's not what being superman and a super-guilty person (batman) brings
>>
>>88577005

Being Superman isn't suffering, it's making hard decisions and living with the knowledge that you cannot save everyone. Being Batman is always trying to balance the vengeance with justice and not get engulfed in darkness.
>>
File: Watchmen 2.jpg (723KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen 2.jpg
723KB, 1920x1080px
>>88576975
>So that we're not constantly reminded that it's just a fantasy?
There's no way to present "Le Flying Cape Man" where it isn't clearly fantasy. Even non-costumed stuff like Chronicle comes off as wish-fulfillment fantasy, let alone guys in tactical bat-costumes flying around in hovertanks.
>So that we can actually relate to the characters on the screen?
They aren't written as relatable, no one is fleshed out sufficiently to invest in them.

>I can't get into any of the really sugary superhero stuff.
Pushing the JLA towards pic related is going to run it off a cliff; there's only so much even the Batman brand can save.

And Snyder seems to really desire to run it towards Watchmen territory. And the current development of DC comics integrating Watchmen into Rebirth implies he won't get resistance.

No go look up Watchmen's numbers at the box office.
>>
>>88577005
reminder that the nightmares never go away
and that humanity was compared to horses drowning
>>
File: the-night-gwen-stacy-died.jpg (271KB, 1312x955px) Image search: [Google]
the-night-gwen-stacy-died.jpg
271KB, 1312x955px
>>88577040
>Being Superman isn't suffering, it's making hard decisions and living with the knowledge that you cannot save everyone.
Superman is about catching Lois Lane off a building because you are super-fast, invincible and almost limitlessly strong.

You are thinking about the wrong mythos. The one with the quipping hero, ironically.
>>
>>88577058
If Snyderfags can believe in headcanon that makes Goyer's writing kino, I can believe that Jonathan was Darkseid.
>>
>>88577005
>But the only person quipping is Wally, to mask the horrible anguish seething inside him

You mean Barry. Go to Wikipedia and read up on the Flash before commenting on comic book accuracy.

>You have to get into some pretty grim Elseworlds to see them portrayed that darkly

Comic Wally actually did use humor to mask his psychological problems before eventually getting therapy (in that way, I'd say it's more accurate to say that Film Barry=Wally is more accurate than the unfounded TV Barry=Wally meme espoused by salty Wallyfags) Of course, that's the comics. Non-comic readers who'll make these movies millions want quips, since non-geeks cannot take superheroes seriously, so that's the demographic that will be pandered to. We've already seen this from the Justice League trailer so there's really no point in bitching about "grimderp" at this point.
>>
>>88577080
>Superman is about catching Lois Lane off a building because you are super-fast, invincible and almost limitlessly strong.

Sure, if you want the movies to be saturday cartoons where nothing bad ever happens. The movie version is more grounded and actually deals with the themes of what it means to be a hero and how hard it is, rather than enforce the notion that it's all fun and games where quipping makes everything a-okay.
>>
>>88577080
>catching Lois Lane off a building because you are super-fast, invincible and almost limitlessly strong.
he literally did that in the movie, though.
>>
File: Marv.jpg (39KB, 343x326px) Image search: [Google]
Marv.jpg
39KB, 343x326px
>>88577100
>We've already seen this from the Justice League trailer so there's really no point in bitching about "grimderp" at this point.

We've had "ITSHHH NOHT A CAAAHR!" and "I thought she was with you" in trailers before for essentially humorless films, just like we had 5 minutes of Hope in Man of Steel trailers, and it turned out to contain ALL 5 minutes of Hope in the movies.

WB is vastly better at marketing these films than actually producing them.
>>
>Filthy Franks cousin is the new Flash
What a world we live in
>>
File: Tornado Man of Steel.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Tornado Man of Steel.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>88577115
Superman's abilities only allow him to fail when it's important for Goyer's idiotic plot turns for him to fail for No Raisin, like pic related.

When he's in win-mode he can pummel Kryptonian terraforming mega-robots while choking on power-sapping atmosphere because Fuck Year Superman.
>>
>>88577185

That's a horribly poor analogue. That scene was about trust and fatherly love, not failure of any kind.
>>
>>88577056
>There's no way to present "Le Flying Cape Man" where it isn't clearly fantasy

Suspension of disbelief.

>They aren't written as relatable, no one is fleshed out sufficiently to invest in them

Giving the heroes potentially "sad and depressing" problems is a start. Ironically it was Marvel who pioneered that one.

>Pushing the JLA towards pic related is going to run it off a cliff

Oh. I have no doubt that making "sugary" JLA films would be in Warner Bros best interest financially. I just don't see any appeal in sitting through an action film like that. The entire point of the genre is supposedly to provide suspense.
>>
>>88577205
>The entire point of the genre is supposedly to provide suspense.

Not anymore, now it's to provide comedy.
>>
SHIEEET

Ladderbro be in the house slaying niggas
>>
>>88564655
It's Snyder. Is water wet?
>>
>>88577198
It was about letting Dad get annihilated senselessly because otherwise Gov't bogeymen would come and do something bad to the family, which is both stupid and contradictory.

But it creates the Goyer Plot Justification for Superman to not use his powers, even though the hackneyed plot of the movie has him using his powers fairly casually for quite a long time after this event, because Lois has to track him by all this activity. Whereupon Superman explains that he can't use his abilities in the very manner that he has, allowing her to track him.

It's like Goyer writes this shit drunk, and leaves professional autists like you to do the mental gymnastics.
>>
File: Alfrede-Pennyworth.jpg (26KB, 266x350px) Image search: [Google]
Alfrede-Pennyworth.jpg
26KB, 266x350px
>>88577205
>The entire point of the genre is supposedly to provide suspense.
How completely incorrect.
You think Batman stories are based on the premise that "This time, the villain is gonna win and kill him"?

Batman stories are not Silence of the Lambs.
>>
>>88577242
Says the professional autist arguing with them for three years
>>
>>88577264
Irrelevant. You can have a suspenseful scene or radio drama even if, logically, the audience should realize that the hero will survive at least until the end. The role of a good storyteller is to make people forget that.
>>
>>88576886
I'm not your friend, faggot
>>
File: Alfred P.jpg (7KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred P.jpg
7KB, 194x260px
>>88577268
4chan exists as a forum to mock the stupid and the pathetic.
And for fapping.
I'm simply using the board for one of it's prime functions. I find mocking the 3 and a half year endeavor of making Goyer look like Tolstoy entertaining, so sue me.

And of course Marvel and Sony and Fox have put up their share of awkward and stupid material; but it's just given it's due and that's that.

You won't see me on here babbling about the hidden nuances of the Thor films.
>>
>>88572328
It's still less fucked up than Disney Wars
>>
>>88577306
I wasn't talking to you, fatso.
>>
>>88577242

Pa didn't want Clark to use his powers in public because he wanted Clark to discover his purpose in life and make his own choice. Wandering from town to town, helping people along the way doesn't endanger his secret the same way as living in Smallville and doing shit near people who can recognize him.
>>
The DC cast and crew should all die of food poisoning on set.

Instead Anton Yelchin was killed by his car.
>>
Fantastic Beasts flopped

WW will flop

JL will flop

How much more can WB take before Disney buys them out and saves DC? Till all are one.
>>
>>88577334
Really? Because he DID use his powers openly to save his Smallville friends, and the rationalized it as broadly miraculous and made little of it beyond that.

The idea that his father would want him to waste his incredible gifts to farm corn or bus tables at truckstops is pure Goyer Retarded.

By defending Goyer you simply make yourself sound retarded.
>>
>>88577375
WW is going to be slaughtered by the films opening in the week before and after. It has no breathing room, because the DCEU without Batman isn't seen as a box office threat.

Even WITH Batman, it was BvS that hustled out of Civil War's way.
>>
>>88564655
You have a gun with one bullet and you've used a a time machine to go back to 2012.

Do you shoot Snyder or Goyer?
>>
File: Blade3.jpg (17KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Blade3.jpg
17KB, 300x225px
>>88577409
Goyer no question. Moreso if I can go back further in time.
>>
>>88577377
>The idea that his father would want him to waste his incredible gifts to farm corn or bus tables at truckstops is pure Goyer Retarded.

That's Mark Waid's Superman Birthright.
>>
>>88577409
Can I shoot Snyder pre-300 and save us from 300, Watchment and Sucker Punch?
>>
>>88577452
If that means George Clooney gets to make Gates of Fire, yes
>>
>>88577409
I'd shoot you
>>
>>88573932
>The Flash screaming "I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON ME FINGERS!" after the final fight of the movie.

Already sounds better to me than baseline Snyderverse movie.
>>
>>88564692
Right. Ringo was the nice guy, the glue that kept the rest together, like Butters
>>
>>88566216
that's disgusting what the fuck is he a troglodyte
>>
>>88564655
>the league’s overly excitable kid brother who uses humor to mask his pain
How is that different from JL/JLU's Wally?
>>
File: The_Flash_Vol_1_303.jpg (80KB, 388x595px) Image search: [Google]
The_Flash_Vol_1_303.jpg
80KB, 388x595px
>>88575182
>he lost both his parents

Flash Rebirth is the worst thing to have ever happened to the Flash.
Geoff Johns is Hunter Zolomon in real life.

The only Flash who ever had 0 parents was Bart.
>>
>>88564655

WHY ISN'T HE BART
>>
>>88577198
>>88577334
So let me get this straight right here...
>Pa Kent tells Clark not to use his powers even though he saved innocent people and nobody made a big deal out of it.
>Clark allowed his own father to die in front of him when he had the power to do so simply because he was afraid the gov'ment would do....something.
>Clark then spends years using his powers anyways because otherwise Lois wouldn't have been able to track him for the plot.
>And he's powerful enough to drag Zod across the countryside to a heavily populated area, likely killing hundreds.
>Then he ends the movie by telling the gov'ment to fuck off, which would've made him a target and would later lead to the Suicide Squad and BvS

Was Snyder drunk when he wrote this? Because none of this makes sense.
>>
>>88577296
Nobody ever forgets that, in fact, it's more surprising when the hero fails, or at least get a bitter sweet ending.
>>
>>88564655
>who uses humor to mask his pain
kek kinda cringey.

but does he slap Wonder Woman's ass tho?
>>
>>88578202
It's not about him refusing to help people, it's about first fostering an environment in which doing so is possible in the long term without lethal personal repurcussions.

You're too much of an idiot to see this, so I had to spell it out for you.
>>
>>88578668
Wouldn't the best way to do that be using his powers to help people locally before branching out and helping people regionally?

It'd certainly foster more trust in the long term than snipe saving random people and shooting down drones when the gov'ment wants to learn more about you.
>>
>>88577375

How fucked up is Hollywood Math that Fantastic Beasts pulled in $800m worldwide and you might still be right that it'll be seen as a flop by the studio?
>>
>>88578761
you still don't understand. it's him defying his father while feeling guilty about it UNTIL zod invades and calls him out. All the incidences he was in, happened to him, just like the school bus, and he never went looking for them.
>>
>>88577403
True

RIP WW
>>
>>88578904
Maybe if he didn't act like a wishy-washy puss then we could've avoided all the Superman hate in BvS and Suicide Squad.

I understand that you're only parroting the swill that Snyder shoved down your throat but the real reason is bad writing.

Superman's dad being moments from annihilation was something that "just happened" to him yet he did nothing to save him and yet all I could think of was that one comic run where Superman heard his dad's heart stopping and flew so fast that his fucking HAIR STARTED CATCHING. ON. FIRE!

Also, what kind of father makes his kid feel guilty about saving people? It wasn't even like American Superman where a young Clark heatbeam'd a dude's arms off or whatever to save a family from being murdered, the worst he did was pick up a bus and keep innocent people from drowning.
>>
>>88579242
>Maybe if he didn't act like a wishy-washy puss then we could've avoided all the Superman hate in BvS and Suicide Squad.
>I understand that you're only parroting the swill that Snyder shoved down your throat but the real reason is bad writing.
no and no

>Superman's dad being moments from annihilation was something that "just happened" to him yet he did nothing to save him and yet all I could think of was that one comic run where Superman heard his dad's heart stopping and flew so fast that his fucking HAIR STARTED CATCHING. ON. FIRE!

he told him not to because him exposing his identity would be a problem for the world and a greater one for clark himself.

>Also, what kind of father makes his kid feel guilty about saving people?

He didn't, he's just telling him to save his own skin first.
>>
>>88578786
You forgot to add in the -2 bil for being made by WB.

You always have to add extra money for Disney movies. That's why the MCU is seen as "successful" despite the fact that their Phase 1 movies would be considered flops if they used the same numbers and a different title.
>>
everything about this is disgusting
>>
>>88579846
>no and no
No cracking through that delusion so I'm not even going to try.
>Excuses
I'm pretty sure the biggest problem for the world were the two kryptonians leveling most of the city in the midst of their fight.

If nobody gave a shit about Clark lifting a school bus out of a lake, I'm hesitant to believe that they'd give a shit about him saving his father from certain death. To say nothing about the fact that if someone saw a loved one in peril, they'd do everything in their power to save them, even if it puts them in harms way as well.
>He didn't, he's just telling him to save his own skin first.
Which is horrible advice considering this is Superman we're talking about. He picked up a fucking bus, walked through fire without being burned, and be thrown through buildings and suffer no damage. Pa Kent should be giving him the "great power, great responsibility" line, not trying to rationalize why Clark should've let children drown even though he had the power to help.
>>
>>88580280
>Which is horrible advice considering this is Superman we're talking about. He picked up a fucking bus, walked through fire without being burned, and be thrown through buildings and suffer no damage. Pa Kent should be giving him the "great power, great responsibility" line, not trying to rationalize why Clark should've let children drown even though he had the power to help.
It's not about the danger form the hrricane, it's about what the world would do if it found out what he was, you autist.

That is literally what I've been telling you adn you've been regurgiating the same points.

>inb4 hurr you're repeating the same shit look how delusional snyderfags are xD
>>
>>88580324
>It's not about the danger form the hrricane, it's about what the world would do if it found out what he was, you autist.
Clark lifted a bus full of at least 20-30 children (+ the driver) yet nobody gave a shit except for his father, who basically told him that he should've let all those people drown JUST to maintain his secret identity.
>>
>>88580631
>Clark lifted a bus full of at least 20-30 children (+ the driver) yet nobody gave a shit except for his father, who basically told him that he should've let all those people drown JUST to maintain his secret identity.
The mother of that fastass knew, and lana and her parents knew, and basically everyone on the bus did. It just never spread around, because no one would believe that except the survivorsd.
>>
>>88580795
So then why the fuck does the movie make such a big deal about him keeping his powers under wraps if nobody is doing anything?

If they showed a scene where one of the survivors tried to expose him or whatever, then maybe I could see where Pa Kent was coming from. As it stands though, Clark saved a bus full of people and none of the consequences that the movie implied would happen actually happened, meaning that he let his father died for nothing.

>inb4 people hate Superman in BvS because he used his powers

People hated Superman because he leveled half a city during his fight with another superpowered being.
>>
>>88566575
Reminder that Charles Roven has produced almost every DC movie since Begins and Deb Snyder produces every DCEU movie.
Just to point out that there is consistency and saying "DC movies are X" is not that asinine.
>>
File: tumblr_nxnzxjIl3c1sq4537o1_1280.jpg (704KB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxnzxjIl3c1sq4537o1_1280.jpg
704KB, 1249x1920px
>>88580912
Landis was more competent, handling the situation. They should have just adapted American Alien.
>>
>>88580146
>literally the 5th highest grossing movie of all time
>would be considered a flop if it wasn't made by a Disney owned company
Oh you.
>>
>>88564655
>Yeesh, don't get him started on Superman
Yeah this is going to be shit
>>
>>88581046
American Alien came out AFTER MoS and BvS.
>>
>>88581210
I know.
>>
>>88574374
Why the fuck would anyone enjoy themselves when their job involves seeing the worst of humanity and constantly risking their lives, and only being persecuted for it?
>>
>>88583347
Because this is supposed to be DC, not fucking Marvel.
>>
File: 1453617662813.jpg (28KB, 347x299px) Image search: [Google]
1453617662813.jpg
28KB, 347x299px
>>88564655
>more movie news with no source
GET
THE
FUCK

OUT
>>
File: 4220466-batmansuperman.png (404KB, 623x404px) Image search: [Google]
4220466-batmansuperman.png
404KB, 623x404px
>>88583347
They manage it on comics and people LOVE it.
>>
File: daily dose drake.png (38KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
daily dose drake.png
38KB, 1000x668px
>>88567961
>>88568037
I hate his square face and anime eyes.
>>
>>88576123
TV Barry is nu52 Barry.

Also I'd like to point out that Bane is touching Barry's dingus.
>>
File: 1476541904821.png (139KB, 420x580px) Image search: [Google]
1476541904821.png
139KB, 420x580px
>>88564655
Sauce or kys
>>
>>88580912
because if you are harboring a huge secret that will go down as a major turning point in human history when it is revealed you don't go around trying your luck and hoping for the best. Especially when your kid is like seven. Pete's mom was being a hysterical born again Christian babbling about how Clark was an angel. And she was somebody Pa could still bullshit into being quiet. What if next time the person can't be talked down and he/she builds a cult around Clark and starts attracting reporters to the farm?
>>
From all this I get Ezra is a bad actor since he is playing Flash as a faggot, and it needs to be a character that is distinct from the actor.
>>
>>88585693
The comics do this without problem dude.
>>
>>88585770
comics do a lot of handwaving
>>
>>88585883
American Alien did it right tho.
>>
>>88566952
Lennon is the overrated one
>>
>>88565646

DC has cardboard, too, just without the funny.
>>
>>88585883
And so do movies. Especially these movies.
>>
>>88585693
The thing is your argument hinges on "what if things go bad" when what we actually got on film was a self fufilling prophecy where things went bad because they were trying to keep things from going bad.

Thanks in large part to Jonathan's paranoia, the first interaction humanity has with aliens is hostile and ends with thousands of people dying. Thanks to that, his son got to spend the entire remainder of his adult life after that first interaction running damage control on a poor image and eventually having to commit suicide in order to convince people that he wasn't a threat.

And here you are, trying to convince us this was the preferable outcome.
>>
>>88583347
The same reason first responders and social workers get out of bed every morning. Most of them are pretty okay people.

It's okay to be an okay person. Doing good isn't all pain and sacrifice and angst and life is so hard, sometimes doing good actually feels good.
>>
>>88574374
I'm holding out hope for Hal.
>>
Why do they keep creating Wally West and naming him Barry? They're clearly making him be JL Wally.
>>
>>88568116
>Wasn't that how the JL was portrayed in THE NEW 52?

Yes.

DCCU is starting off with New 52, then when Snyder leaves, it will become REBIRTH.

>>88574374

Superman isn't really distant and cold.

Superman is just a farmer trying to do good and mean well but the world tries to treat him like some kind of God, and it really makes him a bit depressed because he doesn't WANT to be seen as a God, he just wants to be normal.

>>88583347
>>88583438

I'd just like to interject for a moment.

Comic DC is supposed to show an ideal world, but the Cinematic DC world, or as I have taken to calling it Earth-CU, is meant to show us what would REALLY happen if capes appeared in our world.

While ideally we would wish that people would accept metas and aliens as normal people, time and time again has proven that our world cannot and will not accept something that is different or has the potential to be dangerous.

>>88578202

If Clark had truly revealed himself to save pa, General Lane would come down with the force of a hammer.

So either:

A. He captures Clark, makes a bunch of clones from his DNA and turns the world into an American Empire where people live in fear of the Krypto Clone Army.

B. He tries to capture Clark, Clark escapes, and is constantly on the run, his parents are imprisoned by the DEA or whoever. Clark becomes a wanted man, face plastered everywhere. Can never settle down and live life, always has to watch his back.

When he was a kid it was different because one could shrug it off as an act of God or a miracle or adrenaline or something, or that the witnesses were hallucinating from too much water in their lungs, etc.
>>
>>88578668

Based on what Clark's mom and dad have been like in this universe, it sure seems like Clark's a hero DESPITE his upbringing instead of BECAUSE of it.
>>
>>88587891

I never thought about that, but it's true. If Clark had revealed himself as Superman BEFORE Zod's invasion, that would help preemptively dispel a lot of people's paranoia about him.
>>
>>88585559
>what is google
>>
>>88585693
What if, what if, what if!

Your story shouldn't be built off of what-if scenarios because until something happens, literally anything could happen.

We never see any consequences show up because Clark decided to help people, in fact, more bad shit happens because he tried to remain unaffiliated than if he had just saved people from the get-go.
>>
>>88588720
>If Clark had truly revealed himself to save pa, General Lane would come down with the force of a hammer.
As stated earlier, nobody gave a fuck about him saving a bus full of people so how would him saving his father lead to the army bringing the hammer down on him?

Also, fairly certain Lane only wanted to keep tabs on Supes because Supes was an alien and humanity's first interaction with aliens was when they used a machine to destroy most of the city and had a fight that destroyed MORE of the city.
>>
File: prep time chili.jpg (14KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
prep time chili.jpg
14KB, 384x288px
>>88566578
Bat god wins again.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.