[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 536
Thread images: 116

File: bendu middle.jpg (329KB, 895x631px) Image search: [Google]
bendu middle.jpg
329KB, 895x631px
The One in the Middle Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Rebels 3.10: "Visions and Voices" (mid-season finale)
Doctor Aphra #1

>Rebels 3.09: "An Inside Man"
https://mega.nz/#!EAUyiZTT!JiuwDu0q2xSBkbypMQkVun7I88x4xb4PQuhb69GM0JA

>Rebels Recon #3.09: "An Inside Man"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRcc48GmXd0&t

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Official Trailer #2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/ed
>>
File: SN-D1.png (610KB, 525x660px)
SN-D1.png
610KB, 525x660px
Droid waifus
>>
File: 1458076881078.png (116KB, 453x441px) Image search: [Google]
1458076881078.png
116KB, 453x441px
Lewd waifus.
>>
File: wookiee jam crew.jpg (53KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
wookiee jam crew.jpg
53KB, 1000x563px
Where are they, /swco/?
>>
File: Tarkin.jpg (37KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Tarkin.jpg
37KB, 768x432px
https://youtu.be/4IHpk6WWRHk
>>
Bendu is the gift that keeps on giving
>>
File: Thrawn.jpg (1MB, 2900x894px) Image search: [Google]
Thrawn.jpg
1MB, 2900x894px
What is he, /swco/?
>>
>>88208854
Dash Rendar, obviously
>>
So what's up with Star Wars travel times?

I'm just gonna say 0.5, 1, and 2 level hyperdrives can pretty much get you across the galaxy in 1 day give or take due to hyperspace routes. (Hyperdrive speeds aren't yet addressed in new canon)

Ex from ANH
>Vader says "this shall be a day to remember, it has seen the death of Kenobi, and soon the fall of the Rebellion"

Which means a trip from Alderaan to Yavin had to be less than a day.

So a trip from Tatooine to Alderaan aboard the Falcon would be a few hours because 0.5 hyperdrive along a similar distance.

Luke really only received a few hours of training at best. The Force is just strong with him.

ANH time table would be
>1st day, Tantive IV boarded
>2nd day (speculated) Droids sold to Luke
>3rd day, R2 escapes, Larss killed
>4th day (speculated) Falcon leaves Mos Eisley, Alderaan destroyed, Battle of Yavin

4 days tops, perhaps as few as 2 days
>>
EMP could be as short as 1 day

ROTJ could be as short as 1 day

PHM could be as short as 1 week

AOTK could be as short as 1 week

ROTS has to be at least 6 months long because Padme could feasibly be 3 months prego when she tells anakin because I imagine they go weeks or months without seeing each other due to the war.
>>
Capcom announces four Star Wars characters will appear in Marvel vs Capcom: Infinities. Who would they be? Or who would you pick?
>>
>>88209139
C-3PO
Captain Panaka
Unkar Plutt
Tee Watt Kaa

The ultimate Star Wars team is assembled
>>
>>88208984
Pretty sure TPM is about a month long and AOTC like 3 months. A bunch of the stuff like souping up Anakin's pod and the Naboo resistance and overall resistance to Trade Federation control in the Southern Outer Rim was left out.

Same in AOTC, lots of Senate voting was left out and war preparations. Plenty of time passed between Yoda getting the clones as well as the whole Jedi arriving on Geonosis.

ROTJ would be at least a week. Again, a lot was left out inbetween leaving Jabba's Palace and getting to the fleet. There was at least another week of planning the Endor attack, the stealing of the Death Star's location, the Sullust operation. Might write that down to a few weeks, rather than just 1.

Empire? 1 Day? Yeah, nah. It ought to be at least half a year considering they went to Bespin, as close to Hoth as it is, without a hyperdrive.
>>
>>88209139
>Jar Jar
>Dooku's Force Doppleganger
>Tarkin (Press X for a long and detailed story)
>Inky
>>
>>88209198
So how many more Imperial Officers would have died offscreen?
Did Piett get a celebration for his promotion?
>>
>>88209139
Who will they be? Rey, Kylo, Vader and Yoda

Who do I want? Maul, Grievous, Jar Jar and Obi Wan
>>
>>88209333
None, considering there was no room for off-screen stuff aside from the Bounty Hunters getting onboard. Those that count the days of how long the movies took place in ignore that there isn't just the travel times, but the amount of time they spent on each of the locations they went to.
>>
>>88209361
Boba Fett strikes me as the guy who parks in the Space-Handicapped spot
>>
File: 6f2jw9wj7s1y[1].png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6f2jw9wj7s1y[1].png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Dat Anakin
>>
>>88209449

I don't see Anakin.
>>
>>88209449
Looks like a big guy to me.
>>
>>88209449
What is this?
>>
>>88209449
>>88209482
>>88209492
All I see is a Wompa creeping at me going 0.005 mph to hit my for all of my health because I was too dumb to walk backward
>>
>>88209482
>>88209492
>>88209541
>>88209546
https://youtu.be/P2N0Mn4i4Dw?t=20s
It's Vader without his suit
>>
>>88209449
So we see Vader without his suit and limbs in RO?
>>
>>88209575
Hopefully!
>>
File: Vader's rebirth.png (2MB, 1919x816px) Image search: [Google]
Vader's rebirth.png
2MB, 1919x816px
>>88209558
>It's Vader without his suit

I don't think so. He's missing a little too much of his left arm. And his secondary respirator is missing. That bit apparently can't come off what with it directly connecting to his lungs and nervous system.
>>
So, a newbie question: how long mid-season break is going to last?
>>
>>88209622

About a month or so. They usually break so that Christmas, New Year's day and all the bullshit it entails is passed. So it'll come back around maybe mid or late January.
>>
>>88209492
uuuu
>>
>>88208831
Sadly the Wookiee Jamcrew is in prison.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-06-13-13h33m42s128.jpg (126KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-06-13-13h33m42s128.jpg
126KB, 1920x816px
>>
File: star wars snicker.jpg (34KB, 482x720px) Image search: [Google]
star wars snicker.jpg
34KB, 482x720px
>>
>>88210095
The talking SBDs were probably in my top five least favorite things about episode 3
>>
>>88210131
could you compress that image some more? I'm still somewhat able to see what it is and I need it to be unrecognizable
>>
>>88210140
Yeah, I know. Like I felt B2 were supposed to be threatening, since B1 was proved to be such a damn joke, but then they gave them the same voices and the same level of intellect and it kinda ruined it.
>>
I have a deep burning hate for Clone Wars series, but for some reason Rebels do not piss me off as much, unless the episode features Ashoka or Maul. Or Rex.

For example, I really enjoy what are they doind with agent Kallus. Any chance, there will be a reversed situation in the near future, where a long-time supporting character reveals to be a turncoat and betrays them to the Empire?
>>
File: sab.jpg (44KB, 508x543px) Image search: [Google]
sab.jpg
44KB, 508x543px
>>88210651
Sabine could become a traitor.
>>
>>88210651
>I have a deep burning hate for Clone Wars series
Just curious, why is this? Because in my opinion TCW is much better than Rebels.
>>
>>88210798
Take off the rose-tinted glasses pls.
>>
>>88210798
I like Clone Wars (I'm not the you you refered to), but you must admit, it's uneven as fuck. The high point are high, but the lows are some of the worst shit I ever saw.
>>
File: 1438560018327.jpg (195KB, 1024x733px)
1438560018327.jpg
195KB, 1024x733px
>>88210753
She already is, but we have a fix for that in motion.
>>
>>88210851
>>88210838
I never said it was perfect, I just said I like it better than Rebels
>>
File: DFfzdh.gif (569KB, 500x300px)
DFfzdh.gif
569KB, 500x300px
>>88210875
That would be perfect
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Llbvf_bwnE

For anyone who cares.

>>88210875
Still mad, pollack?
>>
>>88210905
Sabine is my waifu.
>>
>>88210893
Rebels is kinda the same to me, I enjoy both, but both can piss me off. (Also, the lightsabers are very underused in Rebels. I understand that they cannot simply cut throgh everyone like in clone wars, but fuck, CW had some sickly badass shit, and Rebels lacks that bigtime.
>>
>>88210798
I have to admit, most of it just fanboy crap. For example, I hate how they fucked up chronology of the Clone Wars (the war, not the show) and how they ruined some of the established characters (Barriss and Maul, for example).

Then, I really didn't like what they did with droids and clones. Droids were too laughable, and deliberately incompetent. And clones were too humanized, while I believed they were supposed to be brainashed mead puppets. This just clashed with the image of this war I got from the Dark Horse comics. It was supposed to be bloody, pointless and devastating, not fun and exciting. I suppose, you can add it to the "fanboy crap" as well. Just personal references.

What made it completely intolerable for me is Ashoka. They made a teenage padawan with just basic training to be more competent then her master, the Chosen One. This infuriated me.

But I suppose, looking back, I really set myself up to hate this show by having the wrong expectations. I wanted to see more of the same gloom, which I saw in the other material from the same historical period. But that would not be appropriate for a kids show.
>>
>>88210964
most of these complaints are fixed around season 3 though so it sounds like you didnt get too far in
>>
>>88210964
Not going to lie, you sound like someone who hasn't actually watched the show at all.

Your description of Ahsoka is absurd.
>>
>>88211175
Nah, stuck around untill the end of Season 5, just out of spite. My impression didn't change.

>>88211198
Yeah, I know, this is a really unpopular opinion, but I stick by it.
>>
>>88211276
Different anon here, but its not that your opinion is unpopular that baffles me. I have a couple friends who dont love TCW and I respect that, its just that some of your points seem... I dunno, you hate the show because of some really dumb reasons anon. do you even like star wars?

Also, Ahsoka was literally never shown as more competent than Anakin, you are a crazy person. She is just a particularly skilled padawan, most likely due to his training.
>>
>>88211276
Ok well you were respectful, so I am going to respectfully disagree. I'll also counter-argue some of your points.

>I hate how they fucked up chronology of the Clone Wars (the war, not the show)
Simply put, they didn't. It all still takes place within the 3-year timeframe. Nothing was retconned or fucked up.

>how they ruined some of the established characters (Barriss and Maul, for example).
Bariss had literally no canonical character to speak of. They turned her into a companion for Ahsoka showing the stricter and more emotionless results of Jedi training in wartime, and then showing Bariss literally break down mentally from it.

Maul, we're going to completely disagree on because I presume that the mere fact that Maul talks beyond a few lines to his Master is enough to "ruin" him for you. In reality though, they just emphasized his sadistic character that was teased in TPM. From the taunting to the growling in TPM, they simply emphasized it in TCW because he no longer has a Master. They let him off his leash to become his own sadistic villain, so it was a nice alternate villain to the cowardly Greivous, cunning and romanticized Shakespearean evil wizard Sheev, the goofy cannon fodder droids, the seductress Ventress, or the regal corrupt politician Dooku.

>Droids were too laughable, and deliberately incompetent.
Only the B1's, no different to how Stormtroopers are treated.
>>
>>88211742
(2/3)

>And clones were too humanized, while I believed they were supposed to be brainashed mead puppets. This just clashed with the image of this war I got from the Dark Horse comics.
Going to be a bit bratty here, but this is all on your nostalgia. Humanizing the Clones was, to the vast majority of fans, one of the best decisions Lucasfilm ever made. It was poetic and beautiful how the Jedi helped raise them into their own men, valuing and encouraging their individuality, only for the Empire to immediately stamp that out before eventually discarding them.

If anything, their humanization emphasizes how bleak things were, because of the dramatic irony that the audience knows their fate and humanization is all going to end in tears.

>It was supposed to be bloody, pointless and devastating, not fun and exciting.
It was both. There was plenty of moments and entire episodes and arcs where it felt bloody, pointless and devastating. Umbara is the most blatantly obvious one to come to mind, but there's plenty more. But of course there has to be plenty of victories too. The war was coming to an end in ROTS, we have to get there somewhere and somehow. And of course, particularly for the Jedi-led episodes, there must be excitement. It's Star Wars, could you imagine if they removed all the light-hearted "exciting" escapes like the swing across the Death Star chasm in ANH? Not EVERYTHING in Star Wars can be gritty and depressing and bleak anon, especially during the Era that is supposed to be the peak of the Republic.
>>
>>88211746
(3/3)

>They made a teenage padawan with just basic training to be more competent then her master, the Chosen One.
This is just entirely false. Firstly, it is clear in her introductory movie that she was well above her age in skill. However despite this, she is absolutely not even remotely close to literally ANY Jedi seen in the entire show, and this remains true until her exit from the show. For the first two seasons, she is routinely fucking up and failing pretty much every mission she led, leading to countless Clone deaths which took an emotional toll on her. It's not until Season 3 did she start to display a real showing of competency and growth, but even then she was very amateur. She grew along with the show, and the intended audience of children her age and younger. If anything, her pairing and brother-sister relationship made Anakin look MORE competent, as he managed to protect and raise her, embracing her small victories so that she could one day lead the 501st on her own. (This tragically doesn't happen until the last days of the Republic though...)

Here's a little fun fact for you; She never, not once, wins a light saber fight against any force sensitive, nor Greivous. She is always, ALWAYS saved by another Jedi, or escaped by the skin of her teeth someway else. This wasn't a common thing either, as they avoided putting her in situations like that, knowing she was too inexperienced. Her fist actual combat victory is against the Inquisitors in Rebels.
>>
>>88211752
(4/4)

>But that would not be appropriate for a kids show.
Again, that's not the problem. Comic books are for all ages, much like TCW is, and there was plenty of brutality and violence in TCW. The problem is you expect every episode of a Star Wars cartoon to be gloomy, but that's just not a realistic expectation, not because of the creators, or because it was a cartoon, or because of Lucas, or Filoni, or anything else. It's simply because Star Wars isn't a war genre franchise, it's a franchise that adopts everything. One episode of TCW could have been Comedy, followed by a grittier war story, followed by a mystical fantasy story, followed by a horror story, followed by a kaiju monster story. To appreciate what TCW did is to appreciate what Star Wars can be; A setting to tell any story that can be enjoyed by the entire audience, because that setting is so alive and relateable and engaging.

Sorry for the essay.
>>
>>88211757
>>88211752
>>88211746
>>88211742

I agree with you anon, and dont mind the essay, but I worry we might have scarred a naysayer away.

I worry for the state of this general becoming an echo chamber. I hope he stays around and can dissent without shitposting, as he has proven capable of doing.
>>
File: 1459395721777.png (1MB, 1280x1829px) Image search: [Google]
1459395721777.png
1MB, 1280x1829px
>>88211752
>Here's a little fun fact for you; She never, not once, wins a light saber fight against any force sensitive, nor Greivous. She is always, ALWAYS saved by another Jedi, or escaped by the skin of her teeth someway else. This wasn't a common thing either, as they avoided putting her in situations like that, knowing she was too inexperienced. Her fist actual combat victory is against the Inquisitors in Rebels.

Are you... are you sure? Not that guy, but I could have sworn I remember her winning at least occasionally, and being pretty damn competent for a padawan.

I suppose Rebels just goes to show that the Inquisitors are trained wrong, or at least to a lesser degree, whereas she was trained by and in the time of legends.
>>
>>88211933
>Please excuse Fifth Brother. He is an idiot. We have purposefully trained him wrong, as a joke.
>>
>>88211890
There wouldn't be an echo chamber if everybody discussed opinions civilly, which is what I and the other anon have tried to do.

Honestly this General is fine, best one I have ever been in. People overblow how bad it can be I think. Even when we are shitpost-heavy, it's not that bad, and a lot of it is just false-flagging to fish for (you)'s. You can tell someone actually wants to talk about Star Wars when they don't immediately call everybody else insults.

>>88211933
Yeah I am pretty positive.

Two battles against Greivous, first time she is spending it hiding in darkness and running for her life because she is extremely outmatched. Second time was 5 seasons later, and she is able to hold him off for much longer, but was always on the defense, and was saved by Hondo in the Slave I.

Then I remember one battle against Ventress in which she was similarly only on the defensive, and was saved by Luminara.

She even lost against Bariss in season 5, another Padawan.

The Rebels fight was the first onscreen fight in which she visibly outmatched another Lightsaber user. The only other time I can think of that happening was when the shapeshifting Bounty Hunter turned into an old-as-shit lady and flailed her lightsaber around, which of course Ahsoka was able to defeat.
>>
>>88211933
>Not that guy, but I could have sworn I remember her winning at least occasionally, and being pretty damn competent for a padawan.

Not the other anon, but she didn't fight other people who use lightsabers on a regular basis. The only lightsaber wielder (to my memory) she arguably got the better of was Pre Vizsla. But even then, she escaped from fighting him the first chance she got.

>I suppose Rebels just goes to show that the Inquisitors are trained wrong, or at least to a lesser degree

Filoni's confirmed on many occasions that the Inquisition was trained in such a way so that they could never hope to be a threat to the Sith. Yes, they are purposely trained to be weak.

As anons in the past have put it; Inquisitors are basically canary birds.
>>
>>88211959
That's all the inquisitors. Can't have them becoming to strong and trying to become Sith.
>>
>>88211742
>>88211746
>>88211752
>>88211757
Seconding my agreement with you. I wish can continue to facilitate discussions like this in the future.

>>88211933
Ahsoka has a number of victories under her belt for Non-Force/Non-Saber opponents, but on second examination she hasn't won a battle against someone with those abilities until Rebels.
>>
>>88211998
>Inquisitors are basically canary birds.

*MINE canaries.
>>
>>88211933
A lot of the echo-chamber accusations tend to come from shitposters. This is the usual pattern.
>REMINDER THAT THE PREQUELS WERE OBJECTIVE SHIT
>nice bait, go away
>WOW THIS PLACE REALLY IS A HUGBOX ECHO CHAMBER
>>
File: 1442623099155.png (292KB, 784x566px)
1442623099155.png
292KB, 784x566px
>>88211998
>Inquisitors are basically canary birds.
Kind of. If you read into stuff like The Last of the Jedi they do actually serve a function as, well, and inquisition. They're supposed to snoop out Jedi remnants as well as holdover rebels from the Clone Wars. They are competent enough to at least worry Obi-Wan and Ferrus Olin and their merry band of rogues. But in Rebels they've been downgraded to Saturday morning-KOBRA level guys who stomp when their plots are foiled.

>tfw all the good shit gets ripped from the EU and subsequently murderraped with a double headed lightdildo

On that topic, how is Thrawn?
>>
>>88208776
Holy shit I JUST noticed Bendu's been shooped to give them the finger
>>
>>88212067
>On that topic, how is Thrawn?
Perfect. He doesnt really underestimate the rebels too much, and is losing based on pure luck.

Last ep especially he made sure that every trick the crew got away with before didnt work again, and would have won if there wasent a traitor in their midst. But also like he fucking knew in an instant who the trader was. Cant wait to see exactly how he makes him into a triple agent.
>>
File: 1431225050593.jpg (10KB, 285x287px) Image search: [Google]
1431225050593.jpg
10KB, 285x287px
>>88212089
I need to watch this. Maybe Filoni actually rescued Thrawn
>>
>>88208854
A chiss holding the Grand Admiral rank.

Also, is it wrong that I want to see him laying some serious pipe in either Hera or Arihnda Pryce? Just coldly showing them the time of their lives.
>>
>>88212089
>trader
traitor*
fuck me
>>
>>88211682
Yeah, like I said. My hatered for the show is mostly irrational and self-inflicted.
And yes, I do love Star Wars. I mostly dropped out of it after Disney cancelled EU, but I kinda want to get back into it. May be pick up some of the better books published in the new canon. I hear, Tarkin is a pretty good read.
I don't know how to feel about the Marvel SW comics hough. They seem to be centered around the main characters of the OT and it kinda puts me off of that, because the old canon was oversaturated with stories about the Big Three and I'm afraid the new comics will feel like "been there, done that" kind of situation.

And about Ashoka... One particular scene sticks out in my memory. I even looked it up and rewatched it right now just to make sure that I am not a crazy person. In S5E17 in the beginning episode, she jumped from her fighter to Anakin's mid-flight, surfed it down to the ground, sliced the fighter's cockpit open, dragged Anakin's unconcious body out and jumped with him to the ground before they crashed. Seems to me, like it should be beyond her capabilities.
>>
>>88212159
Tarkin is good, Also check out Lords of the Sith and Bloodlines. Lost Stars too.

As for the comics, the OT ones are more to fill in the blanks. They're slowly giving more attention to PT/ST/New characters.
>>
>>88212159
A very dramatic scene to be sure, but really doesn't strike me as all that crazy considering its season 5, and she is honestly operating at knight level. Im pretty sure anakin says as much before she leaves the temple later.

Further more, its not like she out preformed him there. a whoopsie occurred and he needed a quick rescue. Its gonna happen sooner or later to everyone

Thats how I feel about it at least. As far as books go, it sounds like you would enjoy Tarkin, I sure as hell did. After you read that, Lords of the sith, Lost stars, and catalyst are all pretty good. New Dawn sold me on kanan, and his comic is pretty choice.

Im a big fan of Leia, especially the nucannon portrayal of her as an action girl. Moving target was pretty good we will never forget you Lokmarcha, as well as Bloodlines.

I really hated the the two wendig books, but mostly it was due to details and him inventing some characters just to make them suffer.

I doubt you would like Ahsoka, so id just skip that. All you gatta know for new canon is a little bit about how kyber crystals work.

dark disciple is skippable, and basically more TCW anyway.

Lastly Heir to the Jedi is also rather skippable, but not bad. More or less if you find the time, but no biggie if you dont.
>>
>>88210838
I like it too and I only just watched it last year.
>>
File: 1480998588250.jpg (2MB, 1458x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1480998588250.jpg
2MB, 1458x2160px
>Almost one year since Star Wars revived from the ashes
Feels Good
>>
File: TheseFrakingJedi.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
TheseFrakingJedi.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>88212159
Considering that the show makes it a point how reckless Anakin is and how it's rubbed off on Ahsoka, and considering the fact she's pulled of similar feats with Anakin all the way back in Season 2, I wouldn't say it's beyond her capabilities.
>>
>>88212196
>Lost Stars
Not him but is that thing actually interesting starfighter stuff or just a romance novel disguised as SW?
>>
>>88211742
Honestly, I don't remember the old canon and the series too well by this point, but I'm pretty sure, that they did mix up order of the events. pre-CTW Anakin was initiated into his knighthood in the middle of the war or maybe even close to the second half. Here, he is a knight through the entire show. And I believe Phase 2 clone armor was supposed to be appear earlier, then it did in the show.

And I have to strongly disagree about Maul and Barriss. Both of them had essential stories that solidified their characters for me.
For Barriss is was the Medstar books. She was shown to be a true healer at heart, she sincerey cared about every life around her and was terrified by the violence happening in the galaxy due to war. In the show, she resorted to terrorism to make her point (with compete disregard for lives) and gloated about it later on. That arc broke me with one line she said about Assajj's lightsbers: "I think they suit me".

Maul was defined for me in the comic book miniseries of the same name. The one where he hunted down the Black Sun leader. There he was an unstoppable killing machine and nothing else, true. But this is why I loved him. He was actually scary. In the show they tried to make him more cunning then I thought he was supposed to be. He was never much of a plotter and in the show he took over an entire planet and nobody figured it out untill it was too late.
>>
File: 1447376950631.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447376950631.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
>>88212362
>revived from the ashes only to be immediately butchered
>>
>>88212369
It's honestly both, there's plenty of starfighter stuff to go with the romance.
>>
File: Colonel-meebur-gascon_detail.png (131KB, 339x546px) Image search: [Google]
Colonel-meebur-gascon_detail.png
131KB, 339x546px
>>88212349
So you didn't expirience the month of The Meebur Gascon Show. I'm jelly.
>>
>>88212385
you what?
>>
>>88212399
I saw the first episode and decided to skip that shit. I only just watched that arc along with the one where R2 and 3PO dick around with that force flower lady last month.
>>
File: it's not that gay.gif (833KB, 358x270px) Image search: [Google]
it's not that gay.gif
833KB, 358x270px
>>88212415
TFA wasn't great
>>
>>88212067
>They are competent enough to at least worry Obi-Wan

Well, Obi-wan got rusty as shit in his exile. I'd actually not be surprised if an Inquisitor could beat him given how low he fell.

>The Last of the Jedi
>Ferrus Olin and their merry band of rogues

Not canon.
>>
>>88212458
It wasn't bad neither
>>
>>88212486
More than half the movie was easily sub-TPM
>>
File: oo.jpg (47KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
oo.jpg
47KB, 640x358px
>>88212523
whatever you say
>>
File: george-lucas.jpg (22KB, 480x292px) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas.jpg
22KB, 480x292px
>>88212523
George please
>>
>>88208984
Pablo said Revenge of the Sith only takes place over a few days. He said Natalie Portman wore the same prosthetic pregnant belly in every shot so Padme was always the same degree of pregnant throughout the movie.
>>
File: confused.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
confused.png
74KB, 300x256px
>>88210964
>clones were too humanized
>>
>ROGUE ONE International Trailer #4
https://youtu.be/jQlQEuT07js

new footage of Chirrut being a fucking badass and more Rebel action
>>
>>88211746
I actually really liked the meat droid idea for the clones. It symbolized to me, how the war itself strip everyone of their humanity. The clones were made that way and the Jedi eventually lost themselves partly due to being surrounded by people, whose individuality was removed on the genetic level. And if someone wanted a clone centric story, there always were ARCs and commandos, even though Travis kinda ruined it for everyone.

For the second point... yeah, you are right. Like I said, long before the show I saw the war in DH comic series, through the eyes of Quinlan Vos, who was a notoriously edgy character. I was a teenager back and the grimness was right up my alley. This is how I remembered the war and how I wanted it to be in the new show. I have no the excuse.
>>
What is the biggest change the canon made over the EU? I thought about compiling a list of ten major differences.
>>
>>88211752
I admit, my aversion for her is a result of my first impression, mixed with sexualisation coming from fans of the show later on. The girl is between 13 and 15, gosh darn it. The point is, I feel more comfortable hating her.
>>
>>88213055
>Sith Lightsabers have kyber crystals
>Anything post Rotj
>Who stole the Death Star plans
>Who designed the death Star
>>
>>88213055
Organa-Solo kids, as well as Skywalker-Jade family.
I actually would have loved to see Han, Leia, Jacen, Jaina and Anakin as a big happy family on the big screen.
>>
>>88213100
>>Who stole the Death Star plans

There has been like 100+ stories about this particular thing. I'm kinda happy, that they want to make a solid canon about this one.
>>
>>88212822
>Blaster bow
Oh man, they added one in the tabletop game too.
>>
>>88213192
Oh,. what book? Im way behind on ffgrpg.
>>
>>88213138
Is Kylo really that much different from Jacen though?
>>
>>88213211
Erm... He doesnt have a brother and a sister, I guess. But that's about it, as far as I know.
>>
It looks like it was fixed
>>
>>88213196
Forged in Battle I think, still haven't got a good scan but there's screenshots that point to an Energy Bow or somesuch.
>>
>>88213211
Yes.
>>
Who /nolongerwatchingtrailersandtvspots/ here?
>>
Is anyone else annoyed AF about the numbering scheme of the Rebels episodes? Kodi jacks everything up with the first episodes being called "TV movies"... they aren't fucking movies, they are just two part episodes aired together. Disney is so gay.
>>
>>88213283
what was fixed?

>>88213319
Me, thats the last one im gonna have the chance to.
>>
File: nervous.png (578KB, 709x720px)
nervous.png
578KB, 709x720px
>>88213319
i can't. everytime i see something like: 'NEW TEASER, MORE FOOTAGE' i feel the urge to click on it, i watch it and i regret nothing.
>>
Rogue One got a 16+ maturity rating in my country. Any idea, why?
>>
>>88213376
the rape scene
>>
>>88213376
That depends on your country
>>
>>88213326
Yeah, the Recons make it more confusing too.

I order the Episodes by how they are in the official blu ray release, so technically "An Inside Man" is the 10th episode.

But Recon has it as the 9th Episode because they treat the first two episodes as just one episode.

And some websites/tv stations have it as the 8th episode because they don't count the "tv movie" as part of the Season.

And speaking of which, remember when Amazon fucked people over by having the Season Pass only count for the first half of Season 2, and they listed everything in the second half as Season 3? Did they ever fix that?
>>
>>88213319
I watched the first one and the one when tickets went on sale
I already knew I was gonna see it
I don't need the trailers
>>
>>88208854
Yo listen up, here's a story
About a little guy that lives in a blue world
>>
>>88213394
>And speaking of which, remember when Amazon fucked people over by having the Season Pass only count for the first half of Season 2, and they listed everything in the second half as Season 3?

That pissed me the fuck off because I bought that season pass.
>>
>had a nightmare about seeing rogue one and it being awful
It's... It's not a force vision of the future is it?
It'll be good, right?
>>
>>88213376
the rape scene
>>
>>88213319
Another one for the camp. I stopped watching after I got my tickets.

>>88213497
Always in motion, the future is. But be wary; sometimes actions intended to prevent a bad future may instead bring it about.
>>
>>88212362
>Star Wars revived from the ashes
Where'd it go?
I wasn't aware of it going away
>>
File: Clone Wars (117).jpg (31KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
Clone Wars (117).jpg
31KB, 400x267px
>TIE Strikers in Battlefront are AI controlled, basically the Imperial version of Y-Wing bombardments

God.
>>
>>88213533
That implies it was dead with the Prequels, thus the "ashes" for it to come back to muh OT standards from.
>>
>>88213497
It is a Star Wars story focused on a bunch of non-forceusers (at least, not trained in the Force). It has a potential to be cool, as such stories tend to be.

Honestly, I expect a cinematographic version of Mass Effect 2. All the basic elements are there. A small group of well-trained soldiers going against a faceless army on a suicide mission to give the rest of the galaxy a fighting chance. Should be great.
>>
File: Inquisition.png (75KB, 536x407px) Image search: [Google]
Inquisition.png
75KB, 536x407px
Inkies might be weak, but they are certainly lovable dorks.
>>
>>88210964
>ruined some of the established characters (Barriss and Maul
>ruined
>Maul
>Implying Maul was better before

Shit opinion detected
Or bait
>>
>>88213394
Thank you for letting me know I am not alone. I am going to go by the blu ray numbering pattern as well.
>>
>>88213568
Yeah, kinda makes me think. The Prequels had serious problems, but i respected them for doing something new and different.

TFA is too similar to ANH, despite all the differences. It was a good movie, but I felt just a tiny bit disappointed with it. Feels almost like it tried too hard to please it's aduience.
>>
>>88213557
What the fuck is a Striker?
>>
>>88213319
The only trailers I've seen are the first one released and that one with the stormtrooper fight in the desert town.
>>
File: TIE_striker_in-atmosphere.jpg (179KB, 1560x878px) Image search: [Google]
TIE_striker_in-atmosphere.jpg
179KB, 1560x878px
>>88213743
The new TIE variant in Rogue One
>>
>>88213497
it's gonna be great... but for real this time
>>
Holy shit!!! Wikipedia says the 12/17 Rebels ep is a two-parter called Ghosts of Geonosis!!! What are we in for /swco/?? Will this be a direct tie-in to the events of Rogue One?
>>
>>88213706
I don't get why people try to say that TFA's only problem was that it's plot was too similar to ANH.
It sucked from a storytelling point as well, even more than the prequels.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwyFyzwusk8
>>
>>88213861
Eh, I don't even see, why people don't like it, so I can't argue to prove that it is good.
>>
>>88209139
Plo Koon
IG-88
Kyle Katarn
Oola
>>
>>88213852
I'm pumped. Nucanon has danced around what happened on Geonosis in like 3-4 different places now, I wanna learn the deets
>>
>>88213852
Possible return of the brain worms?
>>
>>88213852
it's not 12/17, the show is taking a break after this saturday
>>
>>88213852
I hope it reveals there was a surviving queen or something, and they get her to safety on some other planet that's not Alderaan.

pls
>>
>>88211959
Stream it if you're so cool .
>>
>>88214100
Good news, they're taking their last viable queen to Hosnian Prime!
>>
>>88213376
the rape scene
>>
>>88213376
The Dooku/Krennic/Poggle threesome.
>>
>>88214244
I'm fine with that, since that planet gets blown up decades later. Enough time for the population to rebuild away from there.
>>
>>88213972
>Kyle Katarn
This breaks the game.
>>
>>88214246
Is this a joke? Or is there actually a rape scene? Theres no way theres a rape scene
>>
>>88213976
I'm ready to watch some bugs get killed off.
>>
>>88214308
You're right, there's two rape scenes.
>>
>>88214331
Please don't bully the cute insects.
>>
>>88214331
They've already been killed off at this point.
>>
>>88214331
>Ezra and Kanan encounter the last Geonosian queen
>they're forced to cut her in half, leave her for dead, but she pulls a Maul and gets robo-body
>3 years later Vader shows up and finishes the job
>>
>>88214085
Source?
>>
>>88214532
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ghosts_of_Geonosis,_Pt._1
It's airing January 7
>>
File: Vader neck.png (342KB, 846x426px) Image search: [Google]
Vader neck.png
342KB, 846x426px
>>88212822
THEY FIXED VADER'S WEIRD NECK THING
>>
>>88214364
We know the xenocide already happened?
>>
File: Vader.png (417KB, 1368x805px) Image search: [Google]
Vader.png
417KB, 1368x805px
>>88213332
Left is from an old trailer, right is a fan edit.
However, as posted >>88213283 Vader's neck is officially fixed.
>>
>>88214641
Yes, a scan of the planet showed no significant signs of life.
>>
>>88214267
>The Dooku/Krennic/Poggle threesome.
>Krennic/Poggle

Krennic would hatefuck that traitor into bugbits, crushing his carapace into pieces as he inserted, mashing him to pulp.

Fuck, thats dark and gross. im sorry i wrote that.
>>
File: C2-b5-db.jpg (20KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
C2-b5-db.jpg
20KB, 500x281px
>>88208776
can anyone tell me why C2-B5 isn't called R2-B5?
he looks like a normal R2 unit to me
>>
>>88214701
>Krennic
>being able to out hobble the Poggle
>>
>>88214717
I think they nixed the first letter number pair as series designation idea with nucanon
>>
>>88214691
In Rebels? Im way behind on the show
>>
>>88214769
Yes, "The Honorable Ones".
>>
>>88214769
Yeah, it was some time in season 2. They go to Geonosis and it's already dead.

We also know the Death Star was still being built around Geonosis as late as Tarkin afaik, so the genocide happened somewhere in that ~12 year range between Tarkin and Rebels S2
>>
>>88214787
Thanks anon!
>>
>>88214717
I think the difference is what's inside of them. Just how R4 looks like an R2.
And as >>88214750 says. I don't think it really matters anymore what they're called. The wook talks about R-series and there being multiple ones.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R-series
>>
>>88214808
Were the Geonosians mentioned to still be doing active building of the DS in Tarkin? They could have just left it in orbit while robots or other aliens did the work, and killed the bugs off much earlier.
>>
>>88214811
Np anon
>>
>>88214841
I don't think so, though admittedly I only just started reading Tarkin. At the very least we know Geonosians were still used by the end of Catalyst, which I think is only like 2 years before Tarkin starts, if I have my chronology right.
>>
>>88214819
but as far as we know the C-series and the R-series may or may not have two diffierent manufactors. The R-series having been built by Industrial automaton and C-series currently unknown.
If built by another manufactor I do think that C2-B5 should look more like C1-10P considoring the R-series similar looks to each other.
>>
File: thrawn-zahn-tall-435x375.jpg (26KB, 435x375px) Image search: [Google]
thrawn-zahn-tall-435x375.jpg
26KB, 435x375px
Does he even have a plan?
>>
>>88215008
Yuppo.
>>
>>88215008
Did you not realize it from the first episode he was in?
>>
>>88215008
his plan is to let the rebels win every fight except one where he kills someone in the crew
>>
File: Thrawn examines tactics.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Thrawn examines tactics.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>88208812
sex droids can't be waifus
>>
>>88215008
If he didn't before, he should as hell by now:

>he can feed the rebels false intel through Kallus
>he knows they know about the new TIEs and will probably try to stop their production
>he knows he can draw out the larger Rebel fleet by endangering some personal loved one
>he knows he can draw out individual Rebels by threatening their home (he saw this at both Ryloth and Lothal)

Planting a trap should be easy. Bomb Lothal to get the Jedi distracted, tell Kallus the wrong location of a key TIE interceptor facility, take some named characters hostage at said location, and bait the entire fleet into a dicking.
>>
>>88215003
Yeah I guess.
Maybe it's more about what's inside the case, than the case itself?
>>
File: dv-17-f1.jpg?w=736.jpg (106KB, 408x640px) Image search: [Google]
dv-17-f1.jpg?w=736.jpg
106KB, 408x640px
manlets..

when will they learn?
>>
>>88209198
PHM - that's headcanon
AOTK - that's headcanon
ROTS - that's headcanon
EMP - Hyperdrive was damaged not broken(probably could do short jumps) and do you really think the Falcon had 6 months of food and fuel?
ROTJ - that's headcanon
>>
>>88208984
>>88215286
What the fuck are these retarded abbreviations?
>>
File: IMG_2195.png (138KB, 360x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2195.png
138KB, 360x300px
>Watching latest episode
>Adorable black droid comes up to Chopper
>Stealing card ensues
>Chopper suddenly fucking zaps the poor thing

What the fuck Chopper, he dindu nuffin. At least Ezra had the decency to catch the bot and put him up right, Jesus.
>>
Is there an alt link for:

>Legends Recommendation List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/ed
>>
http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/12/rogue-one-top-20-a-quick-guide-for-your-pre-rogue-one-star-wars-media-marathon.html
>>
>>88215629
Chopper is a monster anon.

If he wasn't bound by the programming and occasional compassion he has for his crew, he'd be the leader of the Droidnet rebellion.
>>
File: Cy9sAusUcAAi7z8[1].jpg (105KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cy9sAusUcAAi7z8[1].jpg
105KB, 900x600px
https://twitter.com/DisneyParks/status/805981620046065664

>We just got a first look at AWR Troopers, who will debut soon at Disney's Hollywood Studios! #RogueOne #DisneyParksLIVE

>AWR Troopers

Are they changing the name of the Death Troopers?
>>
>>88215629
Chopper is a duck to everyone. Poor Droid he zapped didn't deserve to be bullied.
>>
File: IMG_2233.png (117KB, 360x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2233.png
117KB, 360x300px
>>88215684
I love the crazy fuck, but damn, he needs to show a lil' mercy. But who's to say he's not the leader of a secret Droidnet cult?

>>88215724
He can be a dick, but he's a very lovable one.
>>
File: dadsafasf.png (629KB, 614x618px) Image search: [Google]
dadsafasf.png
629KB, 614x618px
>>88215700
because kids and china will be watching this movie
>>
>>88215700
>AWR?
Advanced W[SOMETHING] Recon?
help me, anons.
>>
File: IMG_0014.jpg (469KB, 1336x2048px)
IMG_0014.jpg
469KB, 1336x2048px
>tfw you will never be Terex
>>
>>88215944
Who is this? Post more, because I read it in the stereotypical gay man voice
>>
>>88215931
Advanced Warfare and Recon?
>>
So, this is "Kenobi" written in Mando'a.

Interesting.
>>
>>88215958
He's a recurring threat from the Poe Dameron comic.
>>
>>88215931
>>88215959
According to the blog post, it's Advanced Weapons Research.
>>
File: omlett5oswu.jpg (59KB, 502x295px) Image search: [Google]
omlett5oswu.jpg
59KB, 502x295px
>>88215958
yeah you should read the Poe Dameron comic. its has a bad start but it gets better
>>
File: 1480639172132.gif (173KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480639172132.gif
173KB, 800x500px
>>88215996
>Advanced Weapons Research Trooper
UPDATE THE WOOK
>>
>>88213055
I feel like some of the biggest changes have been the role of the Force and the role of the Empire/Sith mostly from TCW and Rebels.

The Empire was solely created to expand Palpatine's power. He never cared about it and only used it to spread misery, hate, oppression and death to strengthen his and Vader's power; not unite the galaxy against some great threat. It's purpose was to be simply a tool for evil. Nothing more.

TCW greatly expands what the Force is and even then it doesn't answer questions. For a time, I agreed with Kreia's (Chris) viewpoint of the Force until I started watching TCW season 6. Like the constant cycles of death and destruction when that was more of the EU's fault for having stagnation and lack of originality. If you think about it, KOTOR 2 is kind of a dig at the EU as a whole not necessarily the OT/PT.
>>
>>88213319
Stopped watching after the second trailer, iirc. The one when Vader appears at the end.
>>
>>88216062
Explain more please
>>
>>88212372
>Thinking the comics were every canon before the Disney merge

There's your issue.
>>
File: update the wook.jpg (97KB, 960x486px) Image search: [Google]
update the wook.jpg
97KB, 960x486px
>>88216020
>>
>>88216007
Bless, thanks anon
>>
>>88212369
Both, but it's not disgustingly bad writing romance. It's written pretty well.
>>
>>88212421
The arcs weren't bad, but having to wait a month for it to get over and get back to Maul was torture.
>>
>>88215974
Fuck anon, that's cool.
>>
>>88215974
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>88212822
I want a jumbo-sized wallpaper of that shot at 0:51 of the Death Star firing.

Shit would be so cash.
>>
>>88216109
I'll bite. What specifically do you have questions about?
>>
>>88216007
Fuck off, Souless, stop shilling your shitty comics.
>>
File: Thrawn's Plan.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Thrawn's Plan.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>88215008
I swear, do you even watch the goddamned show?
>>
>>88216493
Sorry, that wasn't clear at all. I meant about KotOR 2 being a critique of the old EU
>>
>>88216109
In the EU, authors had vague instructions about the role of the Empire. So they could shift from being comically evil, competent or misunderstood. Point is they were kinda just there as opposition for the stories until Lucas created TCW.
The TCW, Tarkin, Lords of the Sith, Catalyst and Lost Stars make it very clear the entire framework of the Empire is Sith in design. Sidious had Dooku running errands the entire Clone War to obtain power by acquiring slaves, creating genocides and making super weapons simply to create terror, fear and oppression. Yoda and Sidious mention how these were traditional methods the Sith used for their empire in the past. It cripples the Jedi and enhances the Sith. Tarkin and the Vader comic imply Sidious does not care about the Empire. It implies he's long since left it to his generals and advisors and is only interested in obtaining reality warping powers because he's just an evil dick. Not unite the galaxy against an extragalactic enemy or obtain stability, he just wants all the power to himself. The Empire is simply a tool for this. You get all kinds of senseless violence and atrocities that feed Vader and Sidious. The Death Star's were going to be weapons to permanently paralyze the galaxy in fear which gets Sidious dick wet.

Sorry if this seemed like a ramble but the point is the Empire in the past was kind of vague but now it is concrete as a tool for Sidious and Vader to get power.
>>
>>88216594
Some posters are Pryce, people who have complete and utter faith in Thrawn.

Others are like Kallus who tried to figure out what Thrawn's Keikaku is.

Then there are the majority who are Konstantine. They are bad and should feel bad.

Then there's Thrawn, who just wants to watch the goddamn show/art/pottery
>>
>>88209449
The way I see it, there are three possibilities.
>a. Anakin
>b. A totally new character (to be honest, I think it's this one)
>c. Echo
>>
>>88216655
Hmmm very good analysis. My question now is, can the Empire still be morally defensible?
>>
File: What ship is that.jpg (103KB, 1281x558px) Image search: [Google]
What ship is that.jpg
103KB, 1281x558px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUXPjF3lEM4

Well look at that
>>
>>88216515
This was my headcanon all along. It's the impression you get from the Rotj. Palpatine risks his fleet and his space station just to set up a good scenario to turn Luke to the dark side. That right there tells us where his priorities lie.
>>
File: 1455742833898.jpg (218KB, 784x904px)
1455742833898.jpg
218KB, 784x904px
>>88216773
>>
File: 1476926953212.jpg (61KB, 316x475px) Image search: [Google]
1476926953212.jpg
61KB, 316x475px
>>88216773
Holy fucking shit
>>
File: xdmeme.png (11KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
xdmeme.png
11KB, 120x120px
>>88216773
is that a hammerhead I spy
>>
>>88216641
Chris Avellon mentioned in an interview he had to digest mostly all the EU + movies in a limited amount of time. The result of all this research is the character of Kreia. Her whole point of killing the Force is because of these constant cycles of death and destruction is being blamed on the Force. We had a LOT of EU stories of Sith and Jedi falling. This has only happened twice in new canon. And as TCW explains, the Force doesn't know everything and technically isnt all powerful.
>>
>>88216845
Hammerheads were already confirmed, my negro.
>>
File: its happening.gif (973KB, 312x213px) Image search: [Google]
its happening.gif
973KB, 312x213px
>>88216773
OH SHIT
>>
>>88216773
>88216773
IS THAT THE GHOST?!
>>
>>88216641
A lot of the old EU wanked on and on about Mandalorians and Boba Fett.

A lot of the old EU wanked on and on about the Force like it was a deity with a will.

A lot of the old EU wanked on and on about the Sith v Jedi hurrpadurp, "Grey" Jedi, and the cycle of Sith-Jedi-SIth-Jedi running the galaxy and stagnation in general.

KOTOR2 took the piss out them them. It made the Mandos look like assholes who were the last of a dying breed (dying from self-imposed idiocy and muh honor bullshit). It even directly said Boba Fett died like a chump. It also took potshots at a lot of Force doctrine and philosophy, like >>88216856 said.

At least, that's how I always read it.
>>
File: ships.jpg (24KB, 437x313px) Image search: [Google]
ships.jpg
24KB, 437x313px
>>88216773
Well well well
>>
>>88216916
>>88216904
ITS HAPPENING

THIS IS WHY CHOPPER IS BRITISH NOW
>>
>>88216889
nigga I knew that
just fancy seeing one outside rebels
>>
File: 1477122486671.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477122486671.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>88216773
>>
File: theghost.gif (3MB, 600x348px) Image search: [Google]
theghost.gif
3MB, 600x348px
>>88216773
My dude. I swear the ghost is my ship-fu. I get the attachment a lot of people talk about when it comes to the falcon to the ghost. I love that fucking behemoth. and man, am I happy to see her here.
>>
>>88216938
COR BLOIMEY, GUVNA

THINGS 'AV REALLY GONE ROUND THE BEND
>>
File: 1480276771146.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1480276771146.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
>>88216773
oh shit, I might watch it after all
>>
>>88216938
Well he is mostly British because of star wars celebration. It was in london this year.

Also he identifies with their almost inherent self-superiority complex.
>>
>>88217013
But it is also where they were filming R1
>>
>>88217034
True, but he has been in the lucasfilm studio for the past several weeks. not serving as Gareth Edwards' personal director chair.
>>
File: pfft.png (600KB, 1120x720px)
pfft.png
600KB, 1120x720px
>>88216773
THE GHOOOOOOOST
>>
File: Chirrut.png (56KB, 208x231px) Image search: [Google]
Chirrut.png
56KB, 208x231px
>>88216773
OOOOOOH BOOOOOOOOY
FIRST SAW AND NOW THIS???!!!
BASED GARETH, BASED LUCASFILM STORY GROUP
PRAISE BE PABLO
>>
File: Wings_of_the_Master_thumb.jpg (237KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wings_of_the_Master_thumb.jpg
237KB, 1920x1080px
>>88216773
I see a y-wing, x-wing, hammerhead and even a dreadnaught but no B-wing

but hey at least the ghost is there
>>
>>88216594
Why do all Imperials stand with their hands behind their back?
>>
>>88217176
it's more evil
>>
>>88217176
Because they never grew out of their chuuni phase.
>>
>>88212089
Lateposting, but last ep was a good example of Thrawn turning an apparent defeat into victory. He figured out that it was the Rebel's use of Chopper which allows them to get inside most Imperial formations and possibly ferreted out the existence of a mole within Imperial ranks. Since I feel like literally half of all Republic or Rebel victories in Star Wars can be chalked up to astromechs, I think this is unique for a villain to namedrop their utility.

This felt like a complete victory to the Rebels, so the setup for the eventual keikaku payoff is clearly coming.
>>
File: jerrycigar.jpg (10KB, 288x306px) Image search: [Google]
jerrycigar.jpg
10KB, 288x306px
>>88216773
>literally every comment is about the Ghost
>>
File: 38.jpg (91KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
38.jpg
91KB, 500x478px
>>88216916
Wait...Is Rogue One making the Air Shield from Space Balls canon?
>>
>>88217410
pretty much.

that, or they are some kind of planetary shield that stops space traffic to a planet.

so yeah, the thing from spaceballs.
>>
>>88216773
>now my greentext story of how the Ghost Crew will come in as backup to help Rogue One is now more likely than ever
Holy shit, is this the power of memes?
>>
>>88217492
Kek lives in us all brother
>>
File: 54d.jpg (15KB, 493x280px) Image search: [Google]
54d.jpg
15KB, 493x280px
>>88216773
>>
>>88216773

Red leader here, Red group is ready and standing by.

Gold leader, my boys are ready for deployment.

Phoenix Leader here, Phoenix squadron is primed and ready.
>>
>>88217517
Kek is a cruel one, for this was not the meme I wanted the most to become real.
>>
>>88216773
Do you think this is the actual Ghost crew or is it another Fulcrum fake out?
>>
>>88216966
The Ghost has that lived in thing going on that was also neat with Serenity and kinda missing with the Ebon Hawk, if only for the lack of rooms.

Just works well for these kinds of ships.
>>
>Ghost Crew doesn't get completely killed during the course of the series
I am both happy and disappointed at the same time.
>>
>>88216773
Hey, maybe I'll actually watch this piece of shit just for Ghost.
>>
>>88217410
Space Balls was always canon
>>
>>88217492
>Rebels season 4 will be Rebels: Rogue One.
>>
>>88217592
The Ghost could have a completely different crew at this time for all we know.
>>
>>88217592
Well, we've known since 'Propaganda' that Sabine survives past the Battle of Yavin...which is disappointing enough, I suppose.
>>
>>88216773
Hory shit Rebels sorta matters!
>>
File: SPACEBALLS THE REACTION IMAGE.jpg (31KB, 499x268px) Image search: [Google]
SPACEBALLS THE REACTION IMAGE.jpg
31KB, 499x268px
>>88217410
Yep
>>
>>88217691
Yeah, all this tells us is that the Ghost itself is still around. Best not to jump to conclusions about the crew, since things can always change. For example, remember when we all assumed Ahsoka had recruited Wedge?
>>
>>88216966
I used to think the Ghost looked too tall and fat but the design definitely grew on me
>>
>>88217691
>>88217758
Is the Ghost really going to change crews in 1 year, though?
>>
>>88217547
Anon here, my dick is ready.
>inb4 is just a cameo and we only hear hera's voice before the ghost gets blow up to smitheroons
>>
>>88217775
is this season of Rebels the final one?
>>
>>88217775
A lot can happen in a year, Anon.
>>
>>88217775
Probably not. I'd assume it's the same crew, especially since the show is likely to extend past ANH, but you never know. Plus even if it's the same crew that doesn't necessarily mean all of them arw still there.
>>
>>88217758
Rebels is only a year away from The Battle of Yavin, though. Kanan and Ezra will probably leave, but there's no way Hera and Sabine will die yet.

Zeb could totally get sacrificed to let the others escape Thrawn, though

>>88217739
Spaceballs the response
>Spaceballs the greentext
>>
>>88208984
ROTJ is one or more weeks given Vader has to oversee construction for a while before the Emperor arrives, Vader has time to report the Rebel fleet gathering, and then the Battle of Endor and its aftermath occur. If Uprising kept Bespin from knowing the truth about Endor, we could be looking at months from the rest of the film to their celebration scene. Ditto for Naboo thanks to Shattered Empire saying their N1s were shelved years before and they got squadrons flying in their scene.
>>
>>88217797
No, Rebels is going to last at least 7 seasons.

>>88217800
If you really think they're going to have the Ghost crew change ships for the rest of the show's run you're wrong.
>>
>>88217796
Nah, we've got too many seasons of Rebels left for that to be the case.
>>
>>88217691
There are more than one VX100 freighters, of course. At least with the hammerhead by it it suggests Phoenix Squadron is taking part, however we'll just have to wait and see. Easter eggs and all that. Sometimes what we see doesn't mean anything. Are ETs people really members of the Republic and in the far future in another galaxy meet Eliot and learn the powers of friendship and Reese's Pieces?

Of course watch as that ship explodes and a familiar flaming droid head flies past the camera screaming, "AAAHWOOOOOOOO!"
>>
File: DaveFiloni.jpg (55KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DaveFiloni.jpg
55KB, 640x360px
>>88217827
>No, Rebels is going to last at least 7 seasons
Nothing will stop him this time.
>>
>>88217592
Likely that only a few will survive. Would be cool if we hear Hera, then see Rex in one of the Guns. Either CGI or get a Temura Morrison Cameo.
>>
>>88217874
Sabine lives, according to the propaganda book. It is Hera who shall perish
>>
>>88217895
Why is that annoying little OC guaranteed a place among the living?
>>
>>88217895
Did she? I mean I read the thing and unless I managed to skip a page nothing really suggested she lived. We do know she came into contact with Mon Mothma at some point who convinced her to finish a painting for Hera and turn it into a recruitment poster featuring Phoenix Squad with Hera as Phoenix Leader.
>>
File: 1480948488527.jpg (128KB, 1287x614px) Image search: [Google]
1480948488527.jpg
128KB, 1287x614px
Hando will die so Ghost crew can live
>>
File: JarJar.jpg (15KB, 300x324px) Image search: [Google]
JarJar.jpg
15KB, 300x324px
>>88217918
Yeah, it's time to erase Jar Jar from the canon.
>>
>>88217941
It'll be a fake death.
>>
File: 65465655.png (261KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
65465655.png
261KB, 500x500px
>>88216773
PICKED UP
>>
File: 1476059778246.jpg (93KB, 564x823px) Image search: [Google]
1476059778246.jpg
93KB, 564x823px
>>88213557
>every single cool TIE version is an AI that you don't ever get to fly in Battlefront
>>
>>88216773
Holy fucking shit what
>>
>>88218134
MASTER PWO
A
S
T
E
R

P
W
O
>>
>>88216062
I think there was a EU quote in which Palpatine reflects on how much the empire depended on his dark side power, as in the drive and coordination of entire imperial fleets was achieved via the darkseid. The ROTJ mentions it as well.

Anyways, making political conflicts secondary to the mysteries of the force, the ancient cosmic conflict and Palpatine's plan to achieve Godhood is a great decision and direction to take the story to.
>>
>>88218134
Moe Koon, please put the child down.
>>
>>88218134
Jesus Plo, do you ever stop?
>>
File: Mo_Poon.jpg (35KB, 320x401px) Image search: [Google]
Mo_Poon.jpg
35KB, 320x401px
>>88218182
>>88218200
>>88218216
Guys, we went over this Mo Poon is the real villain. He's been impersonating Plo and going on a crime spree
>>
>>88218235
So why did you post a picture of Jankoon Fett?
>>
>>88218235
I can't tell the tumor faces apart
>>
>>88218256
That's one of Mo Poon's alter egos
>>
File: rawr.jpg (88KB, 631x630px) Image search: [Google]
rawr.jpg
88KB, 631x630px
>>88215700
>AWR
I fucking knew Disney would kill Star Wars.
>>
>>88216773
BASED LSG

BASED FILONI

BASED EDWARDS
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NHiTTmxR60
>>
File: shit.png (120KB, 194x269px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
120KB, 194x269px
>>88216773
ASUDFUASDFUASFNASDFJKWJEQEFQIWERHI
>>
>>88218414
Y - W I N G S
-
W
I
N
G
S
>>
>>88218414
I hope the BLACKED droid dies.

>look at me being superior to humans, lemme just use my posh British accent why act all badass and defeat Imperials without a sweat
>>
>>88216655
Any particular episodes of the clone wars in which the use of fear and misery as a mean to gain power for the sith is explained? thanks in advance.
>>
File: little white droid.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
little white droid.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88218525
stay mad, little white astromech.
>>
>>88218560
Pretty sure the Yoda episodes in S6 covers this a bit
>>
>>88218584
I bet Chopper can murder that nigger.
>>
>>88218658
If chopper and r2 ever teamed up... the carnage they could cause....
>>
>>88218658
>>88218681
>Double astromechs
>One just stacks on top of the other
>TWICE the hacking power

The absolute madmen.
>>
Will there be cutie Twi'leks in Rogue One?
>>
>>88218710
>TWICE the hacking power
Siener, pls stop taking drugs
>>
File: 1473008998862.png (583KB, 521x621px)
1473008998862.png
583KB, 521x621px
>>88216773
>>
>>88218742
Yes, in the ghost
>>
How far away from Rogue One/ANH is Rebels right now?
>>
>still not a single Bothan rebel to foreshadow their future prominence
>>
>>88218827
>How far away from Rogue One/ANH is Rebels right now?
1 - 1.5 years.

S3E01 "Steps Into Shadow" was 2 years from ANH/Rogue One
>>
>>88218827
~2 Years IIRC
>>
>>88218777
kek wills it
>>
>>88218827
2 years. Next season will likely be them finding out about the Death Star and setting up Rogue One. The show ends about a year after ROTJ going by Dave's plans.
>>
>>88218830
>future prominence
>accomplished one thing of note that hasn't even been mentioned yet in nucanon
>>
>>88218876
arent they going to Geonosis when the show comes back from break and discover something big there though?
>>
File: 1473125444265.jpg (491KB, 2400x2400px)
1473125444265.jpg
491KB, 2400x2400px
>>88216773
Hopefully its an actual tie to reward those viewers of Rebels.
>>
>>88218876
>The show ends about a year after ROTJ going by Dave's plans.

Which would make Battle of Jakku the series finale
>>
>>88218750
NUUUUUUUU THEY MEK ME SMARTER

>>88218876
>>88218855
>>88218854
I'm mixed about the relation Rebels might have with Rogue One. Agents of Shield (colloq. "Agents of Shit") actually did something clever by dealing with the fallout of MCU Shield being really Hydra, and Star Wars has been doing that since forever with the OT and the EU (to mixed results).

So we'll see how the story choices in Rogue One will affect Rebels, and that they won't be beholden to meh ideas.
>>
>>88218876
Makes you wonder how long until they do the Jedi orgy
>>
>>88218914
Yeah but I'm not trying to get my hopes up. I wouldn't be surprised if next season has them doing recon for the mission to steal the Death Star plans. Like finding out the plans are on Scarrif, finding out Jyn is dicking around on Jedha and whatnot.
>>88218942
Yeah probably.
>>
>>88216773
YAWN.

Get back to me when there is confirmation of a post-credits scene involving the StarScavenger showing up to clean up the battlesite.
>>
>>88219017
YAAAAAWN

Call me when there's an after-after credits scene showing that they got the wrong plans so they're now hiring some guy called Kyle to get the real ones setting up Rogue One 2.
>>
>yfw season finale of Rebels is the Phoenix being called to help with Scarif
>>
File: trenchcoat.jpg (60KB, 820x500px) Image search: [Google]
trenchcoat.jpg
60KB, 820x500px
>>88218681
>>88218710
damn that would be amusing

DRAW REQUEST
Chopper and R2 standing on top of each other wearing a trench coat like in related picture
>>
>>88219017
not canon
:^)
>>
>>88219167
We've been over this. Bricks are the MOST canon.
>>
>>88219146
CHOPPER WITH MUSTACHE, MONACLE AND TOP HAT
>>
>>88219184
Sooner or later the Story Group will snap and proclaim them HIGHEST CANON OF ALL CANON, superseding all canons in the history of canons.
>>
File: 1468206351215.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468206351215.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>88219229
>you will live to see Freemaker Adventures be canon while Empire Strikes Back is EU
>>
>>88219229
It already does as far as I'm concerned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LxMUhwEt8M
>>
>>88216773
Were the Rebels doing so badly because they kept insisting on bringing those unarmed transport freighters to battles?
>>
>>88219448
>not weaponizing your cargo and turning them into bombs like the Iron Squadron
>>
>>88208776
>the one in the middle
>holding up middle finger
Bendu you so crazy
>>
File: latest.jpg (220KB, 608x304px)
latest.jpg
220KB, 608x304px
>>88216773
I spot two of these as well:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dornean_gunship
>>
File: nut.jpg (19KB, 307x433px) Image search: [Google]
nut.jpg
19KB, 307x433px
>>88219146
>>88219198
THIS

please drawfags I summon thee
>>
>>88210905

wtf I love Krennic now

>>88216773
>>88218414

Am truly hyped beyond hype desu.
>>
>>88216773
UP
DATE
THE
WOOK
>>
>>88219448
it was more about just getting as many ships with cannons/guns on them as possible, no matter the make
>>
>>88219146
>>88219679
QUICK, I NEED THE MODEL SHEETS FOR CHOPPER AND R2 TO POST THIS IN THE DRAWTHREAD
>>
>Vader: ''No man can resist the power of the dark side''
>Jyn: ''I am no man! *cuts his hand off*

Really?
>>
>>88219884
>Vader: "Come not between the Sith and its prey."
>Jyn: "I'll kill you if you touch him."
How eloquent, Disney.
>>
File: 1481058296586.gif (824KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1481058296586.gif
824KB, 785x757px
>>88219884
You posted the same exact thing on /tv/.
Fuck off
>>
>>88219922
>Jyn: Hey there you black bad boy
>Vader: Fool! I'm white as snow underneath this costume
>>
>>88219884
>*breaths*
>wow... looks like you're quite a Rogue One, Miss Erso
>*breaths*
>>
>>88220083
>>88220049
>>88219922
>>88219884

Fuck off ultra-fag
>>
>>88220083
>Truly they were the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
>>
>>88219146
>>88219679
>>88219679

REQUEST MADE >>88220164

BUT FORGOT ABOUT >>88219198
>>
As much as I want to see R1, I'm not happy about the incoming shitstorm from /tv/
>>
File: Z7HeRxU[1].png (361KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Z7HeRxU[1].png
361KB, 512x512px
>>88220153
>>
File: bang.jpg (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bang.jpg
15KB, 500x500px
>>88220153
or what, kiddo?
>>
>>88220241
>wanting to see it

It's going to be a shitshow
>>
File: B1_sweat.png (74KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
B1_sweat.png
74KB, 300x300px
>>88216773
That's

That's not what I think it is, is it?
>>
>>88220241
/tv/ users are like grasshoppers. They come around every now and then laying waste to the thread. But they soon get tired of the barren wasteland they create and move on to new pastures. Just hunker down and weather the storm when it comes.
>>
>>88220295
Kek has already willed it to be a good movie anon.
>>
>>88220305
No, it's actually a different ship, the Phost.
>>
>>88220374
Piloted by Mo Koon
>>
>>88220341
kek also promised a canadian an ai gf, kek isnt always serious
>>
File: fastfinn.png (438KB, 599x452px)
fastfinn.png
438KB, 599x452px
>>88220233
nice!
>>
>>88220374
Ah yes, with the famous Rebels Juno, Cannan, Sabinne, Zed, and Erza.
>>
>>88220441
>kek isnt always serious
Do not underestimate the power of kek.
>>
File: tumblr_oaflo6kGQq1v4u2lko1_1280.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaflo6kGQq1v4u2lko1_1280.png
1MB, 1024x768px
who made this, which one of you was it
>>
>>88220497
I am not underestimating kek, but he does have a sense of humor, a chaos god without one would be strange indeed
>>
File: galensenpaiplsnoleave.jpg (109KB, 1015x717px) Image search: [Google]
galensenpaiplsnoleave.jpg
109KB, 1015x717px
>>88220505
>>
>>88220505
>>88220604
>Galen means crazy in swedish

ceramics..
>>
>>88220497
Go back to your containment board.
>>
>>88220696
But anon, they're all containment boards
>>
>>88218560
Season 4 with the Zygerians has Yoda and the Jedi Order being troubled by the news of slave empires arising mentioning it marks the return of the Sith and Sidious talks to Dooku about how the Sith need slavery for their power. I think this is specifically in one episode.
>>
File: otp.jpg (51KB, 630x473px) Image search: [Google]
otp.jpg
51KB, 630x473px
>>88221059
>tfw anakin could have had some nice royal zygerian pussy but instead he decided he wanted some hippy naboo used goods
>>
>>88220330
I remember a time when /tv/ was self-contained and unspoiled by stormfags.
>>
>>88221133
Man, things would've been different if Anakin wasn't dating/married to Padme
>>
>>88221133
I will always defend this pair.
>>
>>88221133
>>88221222
Kek blesses this ship
>>
>>88221133
Fucking furries. Padme was top tier material.

Chuchi was best girl though, pls don't let Filoni hear
>>
>>88221243
Padme was a self-righteous cunt who constantly required rescuing despite fancying herself a strong independent woman.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>88221133
Sweet jesus, anon.

Also, I'm pretty sure Anakin was attracted to her but she died before anything could happen.
>>
>>88220474
>Juno
Don't remind me.
>>
>>88221274
Padme was an idealistic woman who stood for her beliefs. She was pure.

but no one can resist the power of skywalker cock
>>
>>88221351
She couldnt resist Clovis' cock either

She's a slut, I bet Luke and Leia arent even Anakin's children
>>
>>88221222
>That shiver from the bird
You're god damn right Anakin was whispering sweet nothings
>>
File: Purring Intensifies.webm (1MB, 1176x500px) Image search: [Google]
Purring Intensifies.webm
1MB, 1176x500px
>>88221313
>Galen as a name recanonized
>STARKILLER CONFIRMED

>>88221242
This is the only other clever filename I have in my entire Star Wars directory.
>>
>>88221276
>"Anakin, did you have an affair with me?"
>What? No!
>"Then why are there claw marks on your back?"
>... I fell in the shower
>"Again?"
>It's a slippery shower, Padme
>"Anni-"
>Seriously, that thing is dangerous
>>
>anakin
>ever cheating
kek Anakin was as white knight as you get.
>>
File: 1480867811494m.jpg (82KB, 1024x1005px) Image search: [Google]
1480867811494m.jpg
82KB, 1024x1005px
>>88216773
>THAT GHOST
>>
File: tumblr_m772qf3qN21qcpapl.jpg (40KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m772qf3qN21qcpapl.jpg
40KB, 500x565px
>>88216773
>>
>>88221441
>"Anakin."
>"Hello Obi-Wan"
>"Padme asked me if you were cheating on her."
>"You know I wouldn't, Obi-Wan, never!"
>"What about the cat fur in your Jedi robes?"
>"Mere leftovers!"
>"Always faithful, then?"
>"Just like you and Satine, Obi-Wan."
>"...touche, Anakin. Tou-fucking-che."
>>
>>88221600
Considering the Zygerian died, this would be very disturbing
>>
>>88221372
>I bet Luke and Leia arent even Anakin's children

I remember before ROTS came out, people were actually speculating this. They thought the big twist of the movie would be that Darth Vader is NOT their father.
>>
>>88221222
>>88221410
>>88221133
Do you ever think Vader, sitting in his chamber, looked back on his time with her and thought "you know, I probably should have stayed with her, I wouldnt be stuck in this shitty fucking robot suit if I had, I'd be rich and plowing that bitch every night"
>>
>>88221745
Nah
>>
>>88221745
I mean, I think so, but that's just my headcanon.

I think as Vader he gets even more obsessed with Padme, to the point where he either deifies her - blaming Obi-Wan for her death somehow, or he's too filled with self-loathing to ever accept anything else.
>>
>>88221672
"Anakin, this is wrong!"
"No no no no, Master, it's fine. See she was only mostly dead."
"She's leaking."
"Aw yeah, right? Total dirty girl!"
"No, I mean DUST!"
"Sawdust. See I know a guy, well, Snips knows a guy, well, a lizard guy, and he used to do this with wookiees. Well, just the heads."
"Anakin, she's stiff!"
"Hehe, me too."
>>
>>88221276
>>88221133
>>88221745
No, he didn't like her, he thought she was slaver scum. Despite being a creeplord, he was absolutely devoted to Padme.
>>
>>88221942
She was so hot for Anakin, she'd probably have outlawed slavery just for his dick

Padme on the other hand was unfaithful and irrationally stubborn
>>
>>88221998
She was on the verge of seeing the light. Had Anakin fucked her while reading the Republic's equivalent of the Emancipation Proclomation, she would have turned.
>>
>>88221998
>She was so hot for Anakin, she'd probably have outlawed slavery just for his dick
No, she wouldn't have, she just wanted a hot jedi husband.

>Padme on the other hand was unfaithful and irrationally stubborn
She wasn't unfaithful and Annie was just as irrationally stubborn.

It would have never happened, let go, or you will fall to the dark side.
>>
>>88222046
If it wasnt for Padme Anakin wouldnt have fallen at all

She's a bad influence
>>
>>88222127
There were a lot of things that caused Anakin's fall, he would have fallen even without Padme.
>>
>>88222127
Sheev would have found a way.

"Have you ever heard the story of Technician Dennis the Wise? He's the one who used to stock the vending machines in the Jedi Temple. You know, the ones with the packs of mini Dark Side Chocolate Donuts you liked so much? That Mace Windu decided to replace with nutritious carob donuts?"
"GGGRRRAAAAAAAH! I HATE CAROB!"
"I know you do. I can feel it. It makes you stronger!"
"...Wait, carob makes you stronger?"
"Huh? No, wait-FUCK! Let me try this again."
>>
>>88222212
>"Okay, okay...you know...that guy?"
>"Who, that guy just walking on the street?"
>"Yeah, FUCK that guy."
>"Fuck that guy?"
>"That guy is a fuck! Fuck him!"
>"Yeah! Fuck him!"
>"And now you feel anger, right? Great anger which can lead to hatred! Which can lead to sadness, which can lead to the Dar-"
>"I tried to fuck that guy and all I got was herpes, Chancellor."
>"I swear this is taking forever."

I believe Anakin's natural stupid would have preserved him.
>>
>>88222628
>Chancellor, the temple McDonalds got my order wrong
>And how does that make you feel, Master Skywalker?
>Pretty angry I guess
>GOOD, good. Let if FLOW through you!
>Yes Chancellor, I'll leave a terrible review for them on the holonet, that'll show em
>>
File: hfw he lives.jpg (33KB, 472x312px) Image search: [Google]
hfw he lives.jpg
33KB, 472x312px
>>88217547
>mfw I hear Vanessa Marshall's voice in RO
>>
File: yeah boy.png (427KB, 848x538px)
yeah boy.png
427KB, 848x538px
>>88222873
>mfw
>>
Has Pablo said anything about the Ghost being in the trailer?
>>
>>88222976
He keeps getting asked on twitter and all he says is "nine more days"
>>
>>88222976
Not to my knowledge, and at best we'll get the smuggest of all coffee sips in response.
>>
>>88222873
"This is the Ghost! Engines out, we're going down! Tell Kanan I never loved hi-"
>>
File: opmsait.png (373KB, 901x720px) Image search: [Google]
opmsait.png
373KB, 901x720px
>>88223068
DELETE THIS
>>
File: 187.jpg (19KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
187.jpg
19KB, 600x448px
>>88223068
>>
File: HondoSpeechless.gif (623KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
HondoSpeechless.gif
623KB, 245x200px
>>88216773
Aw yeah, baby.
>>
>>88215568
If you can't tell they're for the movies, you either can't read, or are buttmad that they don't match your abbreviations.
>>
>>88223636
They're dumbass abbreviations. AOTK? Attack of the Klones? The fuck is this, Mortal Kombat?
>>
File: 1476148845325.gif (1MB, 394x297px) Image search: [Google]
1476148845325.gif
1MB, 394x297px
>>88223068
>>
>>88223822
The one and only mistake. An honest mistake. But you don't care, you're an internet fag.
>>
>>88223962
>you're an internet fag
And you aren't?
>>
File: you know it.png (4KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
you know it.png
4KB, 500x500px
>>88223962
>But you don't care, you're an internet fag.
Says the namefag
>>
File: Time For You To Leave.webm (3MB, 1280x548px) Image search: [Google]
Time For You To Leave.webm
3MB, 1280x548px
>>88223962
>But you don't care, you're an internet fag
>you're an internet fag
>internet fag
Fuck off nu-namefag, time for you to leave.
>>
>>88224328
"we" aren't losing control of anything. It isn't our fault if blind idiots make separate Star Wars threads
>>
>>88224328
Did someone posting good things about the Prequels outside of this thread trigger you?
>>
>>88224644
I think he's talking about these threads:

>>88219883
>>88200585
>>
>>88224328
We are pretty well self-contained. Honestly, the only place that needs to be contained is /tv/. there are over 100 star wars threads a day. A day. Mostly filled with the most inane shitposting youve ever seen.
>>
>>88221243

I want more stories about Chuchi. Non-Filoni stories
>>
>>88221243
>>88224793
Chuchi? More like CHUSHIT!!
Haha!
>>
>>88224328
I'm just here to note that this anon posted this at least a day after the Luke thread went up and an hour after the thread discussing clones. If mods had a problem with them, they would have been deleted by now.

This is a perfect example of taking the internet too seriously and not understanding how boards work.

/rant
>>
File: Tell that to Kanjiklub.webm (1MB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
Tell that to Kanjiklub.webm
1MB, 1280x532px
>>88224328
>>
>>88208942
>So what's up with Star Wars travel times?
Everything takes exactly as long as the plot needs it to.
>>
>>88224740
The EU one is probably fine if it involves any storytiming which can be cumbersome in a thread like this. The other one, however, is incredibly bait heavy when the Clone Army was either created by Sidious/Dooku using Sifo-Dyas' name or actually by Sifo-Dyas when he might have already been corrupted himself (TCW played very fast and lose with this). Even if Sifo-Dyas wasn't corrupted we don't know he was aware the coming war would involve droids.
>>
>>88222146
Anakin turned to the Dark Side because he was a whiny bitch.

The funny thing is, he wasn't like that as a kid, it's all Obi-Wan's fault.
>>
>>88225339
EU thread actually has a lot of decent discussion going on.

Yoda-thread is fucking bait-quality.
>>
So is Rebels still shit?
>>
>>88225398
Are you still a faggot?
>>
>>88225479
I've never enjoyed fucking men.

I'll take that to mean that the show is still just as terrible as Clone Wars.
>>
File: 1475573533440.png (68KB, 562x583px) Image search: [Google]
1475573533440.png
68KB, 562x583px
>>88216773
Based Filoni
Based LSG
Based Edwards
>>
>>88225398
>>88225479
>>88225506
It was fun watching /tg/ discuss these exact kinds of reactions on /co/.
>>
>>88225643
Don't worry, JJ will have them remove it for when the movie airs. Pablo is already well aware of it and knows that when people realize it in theaters the sheer rage will heat his coffee to the exact temperature he likes it.
>>
File: Grand Admiral Thrawn 1.png (925KB, 1188x835px) Image search: [Google]
Grand Admiral Thrawn 1.png
925KB, 1188x835px
>>
>>88225717
JJ only had his hands on TFA. Not any of the other movies.
>>
>>88225279
not canon, but the ffg rpg had a guide for hyperspace travel
1-3 says for within the sector
3days -1week for sector to sector
1-3 weeks to travel from one side of the galaxy to another

so unless you are planning a roadtrip from one arm to the other, any 2 points are about an airplane ticket away from each other
>>
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/719980921982685184

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/688987341306736641
>>
>>88225810
Please tell me you at least thought, "Well that's an obvious a joke, but in case it's not let me just act like it's serious."
>>
>>88225843
Is he, dare I say it... /ourguy/?
>>
File: hello.png (1MB, 1784x954px) Image search: [Google]
hello.png
1MB, 1784x954px
Okay in the newer TV spots, I notice the Phantom but I don't know that ship next to it? Is it one of those freighters Leia gave them?
>>
>>88225948
Get the fuck outta here /tv/
>>
>>88225982
Fuck I mean the Ghost. I'm so fucking tired...
>>
>>88225982
Yes that's one of the hammerhead freighters. It's not the first time we've seen one either
>>
>>88225982
>>88226015
Probably, if it is Phoenix Squad. All we know about those freighters is that they were old and at one point Bail was handing them out to at least one other cell because he couldn't keep giving out Alderaan cruisers without the Empire getting more suspicious than they already were.

In conjunction of the VX100 being present it's either a huge coincidence, an easter egg we shouldn't take too seriously, or something that's pretty damn cool.
>>
File: 1469681845032.jpg (85KB, 597x415px) Image search: [Google]
1469681845032.jpg
85KB, 597x415px
>>88226038
Aw I was hoping it was a Sep ship.
>mfw no Kalani
>>
>>88226038
the cr90 is the most common capital (loosely speaking) ship fielded by the rebels

not good at being an escort, or for being the centrepiece, they are usually used for high speed flanking, pickets, scouting, command ship, and gap exploitation

they are made of glass, a squad of Y-wings collectively have more toughness, but they are fast and can threaten a star destroyer of you place them just right
>>
>>88226186
Three CR90s almost fucked up a ISD II.
>>
I'm 1/3 way through Heir to the Jedi.

Book is ok so far.
Rodia stinks like shit and rotten cheese.
Luke has a crush on a cutie.
And Fexian Brain suckers.

BUT Rodian stealth armor??? That just doesn't jive with the movies or even the shows. Just weird.
>>
Clone Wars - American Civil War + World War 2 + Vietnam

Galactic Civil War - American Revolution

First Order-Resistance Conflict - Cold War if it had escalated
>>
>>88226351
It's like you took every conflict and then picked a real world one that was nothing at all like it.
>>
>>88226320
But Shadow Troopers can turn invisible
>>
>>88226351
Honestly each war in Star Wars takes inspiration from many different wars, depending on the specific story being told.

GCW was inspired by Vietnam and WW2 as much as the Clone Wars were.
>>
File: uh.png (339KB, 950x720px) Image search: [Google]
uh.png
339KB, 950x720px
>>88226501
>*sigh*
>>
>>88226423
How is it not?

>Clone Wars and American Civil War
A portion of the Republic/US wants to leave, the Republic/US doesn't want them to leave and fights and beats them

>Clone Wars and World War II
Take place over a massive area and feature multiple factions fighting on opposing sides

>Galactic Civil War and American Revolution
A small, underdog group of people who mostly rely on hit and run tactics fight against an oppressive leadership.
>>
>>88226427
Impossible! No humanoid that small has a cloaking device!
>>
*sigh*
Let me fix this for you:

>Clone Wars - American Civil War, World War 1+2, Korean War + indochina wars (excluding the third), Gulf Wars, Punic Wars (Hannibal is Grievous), Republic - Imperial Rome

>Galactic Civil War - American Revolution, American Civil War, French Revolution, Spanish Revolution, America-post Vietnam (if Nixon went crazy), add WW2 for flavor and spice

>The Phantom Menace was the British Empire + West Indies.

>First Order-Resistance Conflict - Cold War if it had escalated, world war II all over again. The entire peace accords smells like 1918-19. The peace barley lasted 20 years too.

>>88226555
Please forgive my faggtory, ARC trooper.
>>
>>88226616
How is the GCW like the ACW?
>>
>>88226427
That's Battlefront though. Some of the elements may not be canon (cloaking).

Until they show up in a movie or show, I'm going to remain skeptical.

I also need Pablo to explain why they never appeared in the original trilogy or stealth armor in the prequels..... I don't wanna hear "it doesn't fit the narrative" or the obvious "wasn't thought of back then".
>>
>>88226649
Let me guess, all those British officers on the (British) Empire side!
>>
I have seen Rogue One. Ask me anything.
>>
My friend is saying in the old EU Vader went into Bacta tanks all the time and the Emperor made his suit uncomfortable on purpose to keep him in pain to give him more Dark Side power. Is this true or is Disney putting Vader in a bacta tank in Rogue One because they are gay and want to pussify the greatest movie villian of all time?
>>
>>88226712
A few sources said Palpatine made it uncomfortable on purpose, but Palpatine's intentions were all over the place in the EU. For pretty much anything he did, you could find one source saying he did it intentionally and another saying it was unintentional.

Also, I don't see the issue with putting Vader in a bacta tank. Not sure what good it would do, but why would putting him in one somehow be considered pussifying him?
>>
>>88226708
Is there any significant cameo by the Rebels crew besides The Ghost and one or two of the Hammerhead corvettes appearing?
>>
>>88226712
>Is this true or is Disney putting Vader in a bacta tank in Rogue One because they are gay and want to pussify the greatest movie villian of all time?
Back to /tv/ with you.
>>
>>88226764
Because he is Darth FUCKING Vader and he is tough as fuck and doesn't need to go into a special hand-holding baby tank incubator for babbies
>>
>>88226708
Who dies?
>>
>>88225843
>I just don't really see the setting of that story as really being the past of the SW movie universe
Me neither. Too advanced and prequel-like. It really doesn't seem like it would feasably take place thousands of years ago.
>>
>>88226708
How much screentime does Vader have? How much screentime does Tarkin have?
>>
File: rogue one tank trooper.png (410KB, 830x518px) Image search: [Google]
rogue one tank trooper.png
410KB, 830x518px
>>88226789
>>88226876
>>88226904
This post has been taken down due to a NDA request from The Walt Disney Company
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-12-07-04h25m54s229.png (145KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-12-07-04h25m54s229.png
145KB, 480x320px
So, I just found this:
https://my.mixtape.moe/qreayo.webm
>>
File: 1459554670320.jpg (55KB, 873x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1459554670320.jpg
55KB, 873x1024px
>>88226876
Everyone.
>>
>>88227069
Turns out that "anonymous guy kills Boba Fett and takes his identity!" rumor from like two years ago was a miscommunication- it was actually Vader who gets taken out by some guy who then assumes his identity.
>>
File: Darth Filoni.png (1MB, 1920x824px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Filoni.png
1MB, 1920x824px
>>
>>88227115
Epic. Just epic.
>>
>>88226819
fuck off
>>88226893
and prequel-like

Sup Plinkett? Or are you JJ or Pegg?
>>
>>88226819
That's the dumbest line of reasoning I've seen for not using bacta.
>>
>>
>>88227196
>Sup Plinkett? Or are you JJ or Pegg?
God, you are stupid. If you had bothered to finish reading my post instead of immediately sperging out like a goddamned idiot you would have noticed I don't have a problem with the prequel's aesthetics, what I do have a problem with a story that's supposed to take place thousands of years ago showing the same level of tech as one that takes place during the "present day".
>>
>>88225843
Does this mean that we will never see any canon content from the Old Republic era?
>>
>>88227373
No, it just means that the canon Old Republic Era will not look like KOTOR did. It will actually look older.
>>
>>88227373
I hope so.
>>
>>88227373
No, it means we will never see any canon content from the EU Old Republic era. Although I wouldn't be surprised if some names got reused.
>>
>>88227373
It means that if we have to suffer through Old Republic shit again, Pablo will advocate for it looking different from the Legends stuff. He will have to outvote everyone else in the LSG for it, though.
>>
>>88227429
>He will have to outvote everyone else in the LSG for it, though.
They settle disputes via thunderdome now, I'm told.
>>
>>88227429
The LSG collaborative process, not a turf war.
>>
>>88227479
That's what they want you to think. They've already killed Leland Chee, his twitter account is now run by a bot.
>>
>>88227479
>The LSG collaborative process, not a turf war.
that's what they WANT you to think

>>88227519
It's run by Chopper
>>
>>88227519
Shit, this cracked me up
>>
>>88227519
>his twitter account is now run by a Lobot
FTFY
>>
>>88227519
That's a lie because even if it were the truth you'd never know the difference!
>>
I'm gonna laugh when that "Vader in a bacta tank" thing turns out to just be some rebel who survived an Imperial attack and we only see him for like three seconds
>>
>>88227479
If only one person in the group wants something done one way, and the rest agree on something else, that one is free to go fuck himself in the meantime.
>>
>>
>>88227766
Who is the cloaked kneeling figure though? And why are there Royal Guards?

It seems a bit weird for Sheev to kneel to Vader, especially in Bacta.

I do like the theory that Vader is in Bacta from his fight against Ahsoka, and it's a flashback or something. Or he was in there for two years.
>>
>>88227830
That might not even be a bacta tank at all. It certainly looks like one, but it could be something else.
>>
>>88227830
Krennic: "Hey Vader! Look, dug up Padme's corpse and threw her in some bacta! Double strength so there's a good chance she'll be fine!"
Vader: "W-where are her limbs?"
Krennic: "Ohh, yeah, we had some trouble fitting her in the tank, turns out it's one of the units Poggle ordered using my credit card. We had to trim her a bit so...yeah."
Vader: "HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW ABOUT HER!?"
>>
The supposed Vader body is too muscular to be Vader. Anakin was a scrawny little nothing, and there's no way he could have put on bulk after Mustafar.
>>
>>88228068
You know what? Probably those are Death Troopers. Or AWR troopers, whatever the fuck they are now.

Vader inspiring a non-Force powered trooper augmented trooper program.
>>
>>88227830
It's probably not going to even be in the final cut. No use bellyaching over it
>>
>>88228259
Death Troopers are "recycled" from battlefield wounded, augmented with cybernetics to make them elite guards for the special weapons program... Might work.
>>
>>88227799
no matter what they do with this fag, he'll always look like a cunt.
>>
>>88228310
Maybe the PT character who will "break the internet" is General Grievous' remains being studied by the weapons program since he's an earlier cyborg augmented warrior.

Shit, if true Grievous-anon will not like seeing the burned out remains.
>>
>>88228582
Too bad that the rumor is a TPM character. I'd love to Grievous, even a reference to him.
>>
>>88228692
>It's going to be Maul
>God damn fucking Darth "New Boba Fett" Maul, who has to be in fucking everything now.
>And everyone in thes threads will lose their shit over a non-character, that has no logical reason for living and spout shit like Pablo is a genius because he wants to fuck a black and red man.

I fucking hate every single one of you faggots.
>>
>>88226764
>but why would putting him in one somehow be considered pussifying him?
I think it would be a really fucking cool horror set piece.

The rebels are on the run and hide inside the medical bay.
Lights out and everybody is holding their breath, listening to the patter of stormtroopers running down the corridor outside the door.
The heroes take a breath of relief, get up and turn around just and are startled by the dimly lit form of a mangled body suspended in a bacta tank.
After the first shock they decide to take a closer look. Just as they lean in, inspecting the wounds on this man, starting to feel sorry, his eyes shoot open as he stares them down angrily from inside the tank. His eyes are discolored and by the bubbles forming from his mouth you can tell he is screaming inside the tank as the lights start to flicker and the whole medical bay starts to shake.
Rebels shit themselves with fear as they apparently walked into a situation way more dangerous than what they were running from and get the fuck outta there.
Vader is of course gonna have to choke a bitch.
>>
>>88228692
A rumor misread might have been.

Or not, I have no clue. I like the idea that Death Troopers are "resurrected" from the battlefield and rebuilt using technology. Not zombies but men turned into something little better than battle droids. Still not sure I'd like Grievous showing up... Grievous is some extreme cybernetics with all kinds of augmented capabilities. Vader is what you can do with a man, but far less techno frills. He doesn't need them, he has the Force.

Ah, it's just an idea anyway.
>>
>>88228786
>non-character
TCW really fleshed him out into a very interesting guy.
Granted he didn't necessarily have to show up in Rebels again, but so far they handled him very well I think.

Anyway, the days where he was a non-character are quite clearly over these days.
>>
>>88228892
>A rumor misread might have been.
>Or not, I have no clue.
Personally I think it's just MSW being full of shit, again. Their track record on Rogue One rumors hasn't been all that stellar.
>>
>>88228919
>, the days where he was a non-character are quite clearly over these days.

His entire being in Star Wars can be summed up with the words "pointless failure"
>>
>>88228919
Old Man Maul always shows up just as the thread is dying!

As much as TCWs did with him I have trouble imaging him actually showing up. Why? To do what? With everything else going on in the film how would he even work? I mean let's go a bit wackier, I could imagine, say, Qui-Gon Jinn showing up (voice only) to, if not Vader, Chirrut or, heck, Jyn if she's suddenly revealed to be magic.
>>
>>88228953
Rogue One wasn't even on their radar. Their sources told them that Boba would be the first spinoff- then their sources said Han. They jumped back and forth between these and posted a bunch of wacky rumors (such as Aaron Paul having already been cast as Boba, then conveniently forgetting this and reporting he was already cast as Han) and then the actual first spinoff is announced and it caught MSW completely off guard.
>>
>>88229055
Yeah, Maul has no reason to be involved in the story, and if they did throw him in they'd probably feel obligated to explain his survival for normies who aren't following the rest of the canon. So he'd just be there to take up space and draw attention away from other characters.
>>
>>88228892
It could have been! Also, your Death/ARW trooper theory makes a good deal of sense. In Battlefront the troopers are 6'6" and second only to Vader in height. My understanding was Vader was that tall partially due to his robotic legs? same for the troopers maybe? and the scuplt/art everyone is freaking out over is missing legs.
>>
>>88229055
>I have trouble imaging him actually showing up. Why? To do what? With everything else going on how would he even work?
literally my exact words when someone told me he was in TCW.
>>
>>88229107
>Maul shows up on a mountain top, flowing robe, long hobo horns
>Duel of the Fates starts playing
>audience is like WTF
>Maul unleashes a brand new double saber
>Death Star shoots the mountain he's on
>>
>>88229143
TCW could make it work but they did so over the course of multiple seasons. I just don't see this movie having time to use him and make it work/make it worth it.
>>
>>88229176
He won't show up. Any movie future for him is in an Obi-Wan movie. And this is too close to Hobo Kenobi screeching at Sand People for Maul to make a cameo before having faced him.
>>
>>88229108
Hayden is 6 feet, Prowse was 6'6". So I think a bit from the cybernetics and of course that helmet adds a bit.
>>
>>88229253
Mind you I got all that from google, so it's only as potentially accurate as all that hard work I put into it. Google also said Vader is 6'8" so between the boots and the samurai helmet that makes sense.
>>
File: 502.jpg (41KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
502.jpg
41KB, 351x359px
>>88229159
>>Maul unleashes a brand new double saber
>>Death Star shoots the mountain he's on
>Maul deflects the Death Star laser and screams "Come and get me, Sheev!"
>>
>>88228692
>the rumor is a TPM character
Punished Jake?
>>
>>88229293
I would accept that if and only if the beam narrowly misses the Death Star and Krennic shouts, "FUCK YOU, POGGLE!" When one of the officers leans over to his fellow and asks why Krennic said that the reply is that Krennic always says that when things go wrong.
>>
>>88229250
>Any movie future for him is in an Obi-Wan movie. And this is too close to Hobo Kenobi screeching at Sand People for Maul to make a cameo before having faced him.
I think an Obi-Wan vs Maul movie is pretty much out of the question for that exact reason- we know he's alive two years before ANH at the very least. That's already too late for Ewan unless you want to wrinkle him up to look more like Alec. Unless the movie involves a very early meeting between them where Maul survives, I don't think it's happening.
>>
File: anakin.jpg (87KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
anakin.jpg
87KB, 500x503px
>>88229317
Is he out of jail yet?
>>
>"And you're all broken up about the guy you shot?"
>"Yes," Roach said
>Namir snorted. "That's garbage."

Holy shit twilight company is based
>>
>>88229343
He was never in jail, he was admitted to a psych ward. He apparently has legit schizophrenia.
>>
>>88229341
I think that (wrinkling up Ewan) is exactly what they'd do.
>>
>>88229360
He pled out or was that a reward for having Jar Jar's corpse in the trunk?
>>
>>88229360
>He apparently has legit schizophrenia
"Son, you're in a heapa trouble. Why you're just lucky you're the right color in this county. As it is you'll wish you didn't have such a perty mouth when I sentence you to jail. Now how do you'all plead?"
"Sir, I mean your honor...have mercy on me. I was Anakin Skywalker in The Phantom Menace."
"I-Wh- You poor thing! Bailiff, get this young man a blanket and a mug of cocoa. I'm droppin' all charges and we'll send you to a place where we'll undo all that thar psi-kee-logical damage that bad man inflicted on you."

And then they sent him to electrotherapy.
>>
>>88228892
>Grievous is some extreme cybernetics with all kinds of augmented capabilities. Vader is what you can do with a man, but far less techno frills.
It's funny because Vader curbstomps the Mon Calamari guy with Grievous-like cybernetics.
>>
>>88229586
>>88229586
>>88229586

ALL WINGS REPORT IN
Thread posts: 536
Thread images: 116

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.