[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First He Loses MJOLNIR, Now UNWORTHY THOR Has Lost His Artist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: same.jpg (273KB, 1457x478px) Image search: [Google]
same.jpg
273KB, 1457x478px
>Marvel’s Unworthy Thor is changing artists unexpectedly, with series artist Oliver Coipel no longer illustrating the planned third issue in January. Revealed in a retailers-only newsletter sent out by Marvel, the absence is the second major change to the book; originally, the series was announced as an ongoing series but was later shortened to five issues.

>No reason was given for Coipel’s departure by Marvel, but the publisher states that Amazing Spider-Man fill-in artist R.B. Silva will now illustrate Unworthy Thor #3.

>Here is the original solicitation for Unworthy Thor #3, scheduled for release January 4.

THE UNWORTHY THOR #3 (OF 5)
JASON AARON (W) • OLIVIER COIPEL (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY RYAN SOOK
VARIANT COVER BY EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
• The Odinson and Beta Ray Bill continue their quest to take the hammer of the Ultimate Thor from the clutches of the Collector.
• Elsewhere, a mysterious and powerful cosmic entity has learned of the weapon’s location and makes plans to claim the hammer as his own.
• And also, the Odinson gets a new pet?!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
>>
Isn't Coipel generally slow?
>>
>>87779461
Yeah he can't really do more than two and a half issues in a row

But people were hoping that since Unworthy Thor was a mini then he could stay for the whole 5 issues
>>
>>87779484
>Yeah he can't really do more than two and a half issues in a row

This isn't true at all, his Thor run with JMS was 1-6 and then 8-11, Siege was 4 issues, his Fraction run was 6 issues. Even Spiderverse had 3 issues of him before Camuncoli came on. AvX had multiple artists from the get go.

This may be "autism" but I don't know how you can be a fan of an artist and not know their run history. Him being suddenly off the book doesn't sound like him being slow, it sounds like something happened.

R.B Silva is great tho.
>>
Hope nothing bad happened to Coipel, dude's art is amazing. no idea if Silva is any good
>>
>>87779407
Why did it get bumped down to a mini? The first issue sales didn't sound bad
>>
Oh shit, the Trumpkins got to him.
>>
I think this is Trumps fault desu... Trump voters...
>>
>>87779407
Why does Marvel hate cis white Norse gods so much? This is literally discrimination I am shaking!!!!11!!1
>>
>>87780436

The artist could be hurt or worse and you make this shit post? Have you no shame?
>>
>>87780758
Wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpeg
>>
I can get behind dis
>>
>>87780816
>>>/b/
>>
>>87779407
that image needs to become the next banner
>>
>>87779407
>No reason was given for Coipel’s departure by Marvel
It's Coipel. He's a nice artist but holy fuck he has no business working in comics. Shooter would've ripped his head off.
>>
>>87780075

definitely "something happened" territory here.
this book was announced in july? assuming Marvel isn't insane, they gave him some lead time to work on the book.
>>
>>87780147

it was always a mini.
Marvel refuses to announce that books aren't ongoing in fear of people ignoring it (same thing they did with vote loki and genndy's cage series)
>>
>>87780075
>his Thor run with JMS was 1-6
Not over six months. He had a month break after issue 3 as well
>>
>>87781010

I love when fuckers like you come in and act like you know anything about the actual productions of comics past "writers writes, artist draws"
>>
>>87781129
Are you really surprised? These are same kind of cunts who think they knew what the Shooter regime was like even though they didn't even live through it.
>>
>>87781091
>same thing they did with vote loki and genndy's cage series
those were both announced as minis though
>>
>>87779407
So, is Coipel still doing issues 4-5? Or is he off the book entirely?

Goddamn slow ass Frenchman. Needs to stop having wine with breakfast.
>>
>>87781306

Vote Loki wasn't, it wasn't revealed to be a mini until the solicits came out for the second issue.

and Cage! was announced as a mini, yes, but in all promotional material for it and Marvel NOW! it was treated as an ongoing like all the other new #1s.

>>87781457
>So, is Coipel still doing issues 4-5? Or is he off the book entirely?

he doesn't have much of an online presence, so we won't really know until Marvel releases their February solicits next week.
>>
>>87781127

Yeah it's been many years, so i don't fully remember but the book definitely had some delays in generals but I think that was combination of JMS and Coipel.
>>
File: autism.png (27KB, 230x366px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
27KB, 230x366px
>>87781671
What's even worse, even with JMS' delays, Coipel still couldn't pull off all the issues himself. Djurdjevic filled in on #7.
>>
>>87779407
wait, this was a mini? I thought they announced it as an ongoing?
>>
>>87784603
Mini. Presumably it'll end in a relaunch without the "Unworthy" in the title since by the end of the mini he won't be unworthy anymore.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.