[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 4 IS HAPPENING PART 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 505
Thread images: 95

File: mahvel.jpg (131KB, 584x397px) Image search: [Google]
mahvel.jpg
131KB, 584x397px
https://twitter.com/YTYogaFlame24/status/793246758121906176

>Choose to believe the tweet or don't, but this person has an online presence and reputation and has no reason to lie.
>Don't listen to Switchfag about Nintendo, Disney, or Platinum Games. Nothing's been confirmed by YogaFlame24 outside of MvC4 happening and it beginning testing next year.
>X-Men characters possible since Marvel Games is loosening up on them, but it's still uncertain.
>Who the fuck knows about Fantastic Four at this point.
>>
Part 1: >>87398848

Part 2: >>87437025

Part 3: >>87462177
>>
File: Akira.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Akira.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>87481709
To me games like the VS series and Injustice exist mostly for fanservice. Good balance would be nice but I'll take a huge roster in exchange for a less balanced fighter every time in a game like this.
>>
>>87481762

Uh, yeah. Gambit ain't the Beatles of X-Men
>>
I'm really glad for Capcom if this rumor turns out to be true. The way Ono made it sound like, Capcom had fuck all for cash. Sounds like they had more than he let on and/or their more recent games have made them a ton of money.

Hope this means they have other unannounced titles, like DMC5.
>>
File: Jubilee.jpg (330KB, 737x938px) Image search: [Google]
Jubilee.jpg
330KB, 737x938px
>>87481762
If we're preserving a 90s relic than I'd prefer Jubilee to Gambit honestly.
>>
>>87481739
Ya, I can understand that. Though I feel that if they had the license for longer, or at least were allowed to do balance changes past that point, they could have fixed those issues. Take a look at USFIV. That game has a big roster, but it's actually fairly well balanced, and it's because Capcom has been able to keep tweaking it over and over, but they didn't have that luxury with UMvC3.
>>
File: mvc roster template.png (172KB, 1944x2312px) Image search: [Google]
mvc roster template.png
172KB, 1944x2312px
Bringing this back from the last thread, but not restricting it to newcomers. Make your own full roster. Crop this or expand it to your liking, if you want, too.
>>
>>87481779
Capcom was in a tight spot, but Monster Hunter is practically printing money for Capcom right now. I think it has more to do with priorities, and sad as it is to admit, Street Fighter isn't as high of a priority as MH, which is probably why they needed outside funding to make it happen when it did. I'm sure SFV would still have happened without Sony's money, but it would have been several years away still.
>>
>>87481811
I hope SFV makes money for them in the long run.

But yeah, priorities and all. I hope they start learning from their mistakes and start resembling old Capcom again.
>>
>>87481775
You are wrong, and I will fight you.
>>
File: mvc wishlist.jpg (848KB, 1944x1299px) Image search: [Google]
mvc wishlist.jpg
848KB, 1944x1299px
>>87481797
My Not-in-MvC3 wishlist.
>>
Man, I really hope they go back to using Sprites instead of the 3D models we got in 3. Maybe it's something with the style, but I really couldn't stand 3's art.
>>
>>87481895
one problem: sprites are expensive
>>
>>87481895

No. They will not.
>>
>>87481895
They actually did a great job compared to Injustice,
>>
File: manface.png (274KB, 615x307px) Image search: [Google]
manface.png
274KB, 615x307px
>>87481949
You're right about that.
>>
MOON
KNIGHT
WHEN
>>
File: Wondy Improvements.gif (544KB, 929x594px) Image search: [Google]
Wondy Improvements.gif
544KB, 929x594px
>>87481961
Hey it's gotten better since the reveal.
>>
>>87481779
At the very least, I'm glad that Capcom's new love for remakes and remasters allows ports to other systems.

Hopefully, we'll get to have modern-day ports of smaller games like Okami, God Hand, and the Phoenix Wright series.
>>
>>87481797
Can't do image editing right now, but let me try.

> Wolverine/Ryu
> Iron Man/Morrigan
> Hulk/Jill Valentine
> Deadpool/Dante
> Captain America/Chun-Li
> Ms. Marvel/Mega Man
> Spider-Man/Strider
> Dr. Doom/Albert Wesker
> Thor/Amaterasu
> Hawkeye/Frank West
> Captain Marvel/Viewtiful Joe
> Magneto/Vergil
> Dr. Strange/Phoenix Wright
> Iron Fist/Gene
> MODOK/Arthur
> Storm/Jin Saotome
> Silk/Rival Schools character
> Ghost Rider/Captain Commando

Problem is that while there are a ton of Capcom properties that need some love, between MvC3 and now, Marvel hasn't made a lot of characters I would think are game-worthy.

>>87481873
Nero would basically be another Dante. Same for Chuck Greene. And how would Silver Surfer even play?

>>87481895
You really want them to use Morrigan's DS1 Sprite AGAIN?
>>
>>87482134
>Nero would basically be another Dante

>pseudo-grappler like Mike Haggar
>could grab opponents from across the screen, like Super-Skrull
>Exceed and MAX-Act system worked into his moveset somehow, essentially giving him E.X. versions of all his moves
>Charge Shot

Anon, don't talk about stuff you don't know about.

And don't you mean that Chuck Greene would just be another Frank West?
>>
>>87482134
Nero plays nothing like Dante in his own game, he'd be plenty different in this, he's got lots to work off of with the Devil Bringer and exceed gauge.
Chuck green could be given an entirely different move set of all combo-weapons.
Admittedly I have no idea what to do with Surfer, but I'd love to see him. Something like a half-way point between Doctor Strange and Nova I guess.
>>
>>87481755
>>Who the fuck knows about Fantastic Four at this point.
The Fantastic Four have never been in any of the Capcom vs. Games. They were never going to be in this one, licencing issues or no.
>>
>>87482229
They would have been in 3, but Capcom couldn't get the Human Torch's flames to work. Marvel has a policy that either all FF members are in a game or none of them are, so they told them to scrap them, offering the Super-Skrull as a substitute.
>>
>>87482134
>Nero would basically be another Dante
What are you on, son?
>Devil Bringer for movement/grabs/crazy resets
>Blue Rose that can be charged up like Zero's Buster with delayed explosions
>Revvin that Red Queen plus EX-Act and MAX-Act mechanics
>unique Devil Trigger
That's like saying Vergil was just another Dante.

Personally, I want to see Gene with numerous command normals at his disposal.
Maybe also Asura, with unique arm-breaking mechanics. He could start the match with two arms and gain more using a super, which would change the properties of his moves or even give him new moves altogether. But if he takes too much damage his arms would break, possibly leaving him in a state where he can only attack with his head and legs.
>>
>>87482242
I for one, am happy with Super Skrull.
>>
>>87481978
It's hinted he'll be in the game.
>>
>>87482242
Remember that the flames issue was an early one, that they fixed, which is why there's no problems with Jean.
>>
>>87481797
From Marvel side
>Captain America
>Thor
>Iron Man
>Hulk
>Scarlet Witch
>Vision
>Black Panther
>Wasp
>Dr. Strange
>Spider-Man
>Doc Ock
>Rocket
>Groot
>Captain Marvel
>Ms. Marvel
>Loki
>Ultron
>Thanos
>Wolverine
>Deadpool
>Storm
>Iceman
>Magneto
>Apocalypse
>Doctor Doom
>Super-Skrull
>>
>>87482265
Probably gonna do the stupid Bendis version. SpiderCapVerine sucks. Something a child would come up with.
>>
I only need Dante and Spidey. I don't care who else is in the game.
>>
>>87482229
I think the property is what was meant, not those 4 specific characters themselves. Some people were under the impression that being lax with the X-Men embargo would also mean being lax on the Fantastic Four embargo, but that might not be the case just because they're both with Fox.
>>
>>87482367
Yeah, I just want to have Doctor Doom in the game.
>>
Story mode begins with Spider-Man doing his nightly patrol when he sees police cars speeding toward the American Museum of Natural History.
The men in blue try to apprehend "some wacko in an ancient Mayan getup" to no avail. Spidey arrives at the scene and Necalli senes him as "The Avatar of The Spider". Spidey makes a quip about Necalli being an Inheritor that slipped under the radar and a fight ensues and this theme play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isKsPRNHEGQ
>>
File: MAHVEL BAYBEE.jpg (4MB, 1944x2944px) Image search: [Google]
MAHVEL BAYBEE.jpg
4MB, 1944x2944px
>>87481797
R8/H8
>>
>>87481961
>WAAAH why doesn't everyone look like an emotionless wax doll like in muh animes?
>>
>>87482719
Too many fighting game characters on the Capcom side, based Mayor Man relegated to DLC, not enough true newcomers in general and Chuck instead of Frank.

That being said, Lynn Kurosawa and Ant-Man and Wasp team are big yesses in my book.
>>
>>87482770
Ed Boon pls
>>
>>87482770
Boon go back to fixing MKX pc
>>
>>87481961
That's not a man face.
>>
>>87481755
Can mods just fucking sticky already so we don't have to keep making these threads?
>>
File: Raven_23.jpg (162KB, 1354x738px) Image search: [Google]
Raven_23.jpg
162KB, 1354x738px
>>87482770
Well, hey, if shit like this is your thing, then more power to you. I'll stick with the so-called "emotionless wax doll" look, myself, if this is the other alternative.
>>
File: harley-quinn-injustice.jpg (40KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
harley-quinn-injustice.jpg
40KB, 640x400px
>>87483266
To be fair, though, at least Harley looked just fine.
>>
File: MVC.png (3MB, 1166x1580px) Image search: [Google]
MVC.png
3MB, 1166x1580px
>>87481797
Tried to make a good match of likely characters and wishlisty characters. Forgot Dante, so he can be in the Ultimate version or something.
>>
>>87481755
Who cares. MvC3 sucked. Street Fighter 5 sucked. You think this wont suck too?
>>
>>87482029
Don't forget Megaman.
>>
What if they take all the characters in mvc3

.........AND DOUBLE THE ROSTER
>>
File: 1475847851242.png (119KB, 270x446px) Image search: [Google]
1475847851242.png
119KB, 270x446px
>>87481755
Ugh, I'm already cringing at the "diverse" roster they'll force Capcom to put in.
>>
>>87483712
then why did you post here?
>>
File: MvC4.jpg (2MB, 2557x2636px) Image search: [Google]
MvC4.jpg
2MB, 2557x2636px
This took entirely too long and probably has too many characters but fuck it I had fun with it.
>>
>>87483875
Cause you guys are being idiots getting excited for yet another let down
>>
>>87483813
They won't. Capcom is lazy nowadays, look at SFV. They release the game unfinished.
MvC4 will have 16 chacters and many more re-release to finally reach UMvC3.

I would only buy an MvC4 if they finally decide to do a stroy mode like Injustice or Mortal Kombat.
>>
>>87483871
>Thinking they'll sacrifice movie synergy to push their SJW nonsense

They can do whatever the fuck they want with comics since nobody really cares but this game will reach a much wider audience. Any core hero will retain their classic look. Though I wouldn't be surprised by alternate costumes like Miles Spidey or Captain Falcon.
>>
>>87483904
you don't know that. Anything can happen.
>>
File: 1478305852839.png (3MB, 1458x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1478305852839.png
3MB, 1458x1728px
>>87481797
Here's mine from the last thread made entirely of newcomers. R8 me /co/
>>
>>87482719
If you're going to make a roster up, why would you add DLC? Its your own fantasy roster, so why even do that?

Anyways, ignoring the fact that the overall roster is smaller than UMvC3, the Capcom side doesn't seem all that balanced. 4 SF character, 4 Darkstalkers, and 4(ish) Final Fight characters, with only 1 Mega Man and 1 RE seems off, along with the fact that a bunch of the smaller franchises seem to have been ignored.

Marvel side covers most of the bases, but the only characters that seem to be even semi-obscure are in the DLC. And while I won't really complain about Tony getting axed out for War Machine, however unlikely that is, I feel that its a missed opportunity to have body Cody and Guy on the Capcom side, but not have Luke Cage and Iron Fist on the Marvel side at the same time.
>>
>>87483924
>Thinking they'll sacrifice movie synergy to push their SJW nonsense

I said the same thing about the comics
>>
>>87483947
"Those who dont learn from History are doomed to repeat it"

If you keep acting like Capcoms bitch, they'll keep treating you like one. Theyll onlyever do what they can get away with. MVC3 was dogshite and yet both it and its rerelease sold well. So what makes you think they'll improve upon a sequel?
>>
File: new stages.png (83KB, 1084x1104px) Image search: [Google]
new stages.png
83KB, 1084x1104px
Okay guys, post what stages you want to have.
>>
will star lord be in it?
>>
>>87484022
>why would you add DLC?

It's an inevitability and ignoring that is pointless. Plus some characters make more sense as DLC than as a main roster candidate when they do do DLC. A character who might not make it in to the base game may have a better chance of being added later and if one is trying to be more realistic with their hopes then DLC is definitely a factor. For instance if the game were coming out next year then Thanos or Captain Marvel would make perfect sense as DLC to promote the movies.
>>
>>87484106
Hopefully not.
>>
>>87484118
Its a fan roster though, so its pointless to have it though, nor does it inherently have to be realistic. That list has War Machine in it rather than Iron Man for instance. And UMvC3 had a larger roster than that without its DLC, and Haggar was there in the first MvC3 as a standard character too.
>>
>>87484084
>So what makes you think they'll improve upon a sequel?
Not him, but the fact that 3/Ult 3 was a better game than 2.
It's a very unbalanced fighter but it still manages to be very satisfying both to play and to watch. Sure, once in a while some shitter will show up with a broken team and try to ruin everyone's fun, but that happens in every fighting game.
Also, not sure if you know this but Marvel 3 wasn't actually made by Capcom. Same goes for SFV too.
>>
>>87483871
If by diverse, you mean more russians, then I am fine with that.
>>87479552
Fuck you Slott.
>>
>>87484208
>Also, not sure if you know this but Marvel 3 wasn't actually made by Capcom. Same goes for SFV too.

>This is what Capcomfags actually believe
>>
>>87484208
But it wasn't. The characters were widely un balanced and the single player aspect was now non-existent.

SF5 had even less on launch. Didnt even have a fucking arcade mode.
>>
>>87484238
>What is Eighting
>What is Dimps
>Hurr I only see company names what's a development team

Marvel 2 was made in-house and it was shit.

>>87484265
Compare the viable characters between 2 and 3 . You wouldn't see anyone other than the Four Gods. Maybe a Cable or Cyclops once or twice.
And I'm not defending SF5 in the slightest.

>single player aspect was now non-existent.
Maybe fighting games just aren't for you.
>>
File: Shadaloo Island.jpg (2MB, 1500x1141px) Image search: [Google]
Shadaloo Island.jpg
2MB, 1500x1141px
>>87484089
Some Marvel places that would be good would be the Savage Land, Latveria, an Arena on Sakaar, the Sanctum Santorum, the Dark Dimension (A Ditko-esque version) Knowhere, Wundagore, and the Avengers Mansion. For Capcom I'd like to see that Robot Museum from MM7, Deserted Island from MH3, the village from RE4, pretty much any stage from Cyberbots, Shadaloo Island, a courtroom from Ace Attorney, Fetus of God (or really any Darkstalkers stage. I actually kind of prefer London or Hellstorm from the original, or Tower of Vanity) and the Mall from Dead Rising 1 making a comeback from TvC.
>>
>>87484319
We gotten to the point where theres no excuse for a fighting game to not have content to keep SPers happy.

If they can do it in Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Blazblue and Guilty Gear, Capcom have zero excuses
>>
why keep making threads when there's so little info?

>>87484265
don't need to make an arcade mode if the game doesn't have an arcade release. consider the function of arcade mode.
>>
>>87484319
Whats the point of a crossover if you dont even have the enjoyment of seeing them interact in a story?
>>
>>87482719
9/10
>>
>>87484394
What a joyless approach.

>People enjoy playing arcade modes
>YEAH BUT WE DONT *HAVE* TO MAKE ONE THIS TIME, SO LETS NOT BOTHER
>>
What's the point? Even if X-Men or FF-related characters get in, Megaman probably won't and if he is it's the shitty Nu-Megaman from next year.
>>
>>87484089
>SHIELD Helicarrier
>Savage Land (with Devil Dinosaur cameo)
>Sanctum Sanctorum
>Asgard/Bifrost (Heimdall stands watch in the backgroud)
>Wakanda
>Blue Area of the Moon (Watcher peeping at everything)
>Knowhere
>Xavier Mansion
>Danger Room (background shifts constantly, with references to a bunch of X-Men things like DoFP and Apocalypse)
>Castle Doom
>Times Square/Streets of New York
>>
>>87484319
Hey man, if you want just the bare bones good for you. But if capcoms putting out a game with
>No story mode
>No challenge mode
>No arcade mode
Maybe take that dick out of your ass long enough to at least ask for a discounted price for your bare bones game.
>>
>>87484394
>consider the function of arcade mode.

Beat everyone to unlock characters/costumes/other shit.
>>
>>87484379
Arcade mode and online mode are the only ones you need. Remember, fighting games are intended for a very specific group of people. You shouldn't expect to be pandered to if you don't belong in that group.
Also please don't use MK or SC to defend single player content in fightans.

>>87484399
It's a traditional competitive fighter, not an RPG. Project X Zone did what you're saying and its story mode was terrible. And this is coming from someone who really likes that game and its sequel.
>>
>>87484420
What's joyless about it? When you're commissioned to develop a fighting game for a non-arcade release there is no incentive to include an arcade mode. arcade mode in fighting game exists as a time filler until someone comes up and challenges you. Yes, Guilty Gear Xrd has significant single player content, but that was for the home console release, not the arcade release which came out eight months earlier. NRS games have loads of single player content, but they have a golden goose of a publisher and shouldn't be considered the "standard" that every fighting game should meet.
>>
>>87484492
That's SFV though, not Marvel. And I didn't buy it because the characters and gameplay mechanics didn't interest me and also the reasons you stated.
I'm not defending SFV, I'm defending Marvel 3.
>>
>>87484524
You forget that that "specific group of people" is still a niche.

Not to mention when all of your competition is doing what you're doing plus adding in all these fun SP features, for the same price, you're getting shown up.
>>
>>87484544

Literally every fighting game series not by Capcom has full featured story modes, some extensive

Your thinking is what gets you UMVC3 and SF5: failed games
>>
>>87484544
Bare bones. Nothing but whats necessary. Final destination.

The incentive is to entertain the players, give them what they want, include a mode thats easy to make and is a staple of the games preceding it.

"We dont have to so we wont" is joyless and boring.

Capcom can afford to add more to their fighting games, especially when theyre are being shown up by all their competitors who are offering meatier games for the same price. You cant live off tourneyfags, despite what they think.
>>
>>87484572
That niche is the one keeping the game alive though. The people who will play the game for the gameplay, not the people who will play the single player then maybe one online match before looking somewhere else.

>>87484596
>he actually thinks UMVC3 is a failed game
Sales, playerbase and tournament presence say differently.
>>
>>87484596
Don't forget SFxT, when will they learn?
>>
>>87484596
What's a "full feature story mode"? Give me some examples.

Keep in mind the primary draw of fighting games since Street Fighter II was the multiplayer function. The Fatal Fury series released over the same period as SF2 and had a much larger emphasis on story and a narrative, but SF2 was the one that spread like wildfire.
>>
>>87484617
>"We dont have to so we wont" is joyless and boring.
Have you considered the fact that maybe you just don't like fighting games?
>>
>>87484634
Single player is gameplay you dingus.
Its keeping it afloat, but its not making it a success (and frankly I think its mostly the SF brand name thats doing that).

I dont want the gameplay to be casualised, but adding interesting features like challenge mode and a story (like every other fucking game does) widens the playerbase. Which equals more sales and more potential tourneyfags,

Otherswise its a secret club that'll stagnate and die,

Dont even get me started on the insane re-releases capcom does. The same tactic that almost killed the genre back in the day and theyre still pulling it.
>>
>>87484657
Welcome to modern gaming. Where a medium sized set of characters and an online mode is no longer impressive for $60+.

In fact, its a rip off
>>
>>87484697
Have much of bitch do you have to be to defend gameplay features being stripped out?
>Wow this game has barely anything to it.
>YOU JUST DONT LIKE MUH PUREBLOOD FIGHTING GAMES
>>
>>87484736
That doesn't answer my question. It's your subjective opinion as to how much a fighting game is "worth" at various levels of content inclusion. I never see people level the "$60 ripoff" cudgel at other genres, and there are plenty of examples of fighting games being pretty reasonable about pricing, like the retail release of Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition being $40.
>>
>>87484703
Single player is not gameplay, you're confusing it with content.
I personally think it's good that fighting games are the only game genre to still pull this shit.
Repeatedly stagnating the genre by doing the same thing over and over and (eventually) lead to its death and subsequent rebirth is, ironically, what's keeping this genre alive and fresh.
I fear for the day that single player content actually overtakes fighting games.
>>
>>87484634
UMVC3 completely cratered sales wise and Capcom killed support of it promptly because there was no money in it

Like someone said, you severely overvalue tourneyfags.
>>
>>87484703
Please tell us more about these "insane re-releases"
>>
File: Its mahvel baybe.png (3MB, 1944x2312px) Image search: [Google]
Its mahvel baybe.png
3MB, 1944x2312px
>>87481797
I'll be honest, I don't know shit about marvel aside from shit I saw as a kid.
>>
>>87483896
10/10 but to many characters from RE
>>
>>87484803
>Wow this game has barely anything to it.
>Except for an arcade mode
>and a versus mode
>and an online mode
>and a training mode
>and a wide variety of characters with different playstyles to choose
>but single player story mode is the only thing that matters
>I TOTALLY LIKE FIGHTING GAMES YOU GUYS

>>87484871
Maybe because it was a re-release that should have just been DLC that came out only a few months after vanilla Marvel 3?
Vanilla sold a lot more as I recall. Ultimate didn't sell nearly as much because people could smell the bullshit from miles away.
>>
>>87484830
How is it subjective when literally, no hyperbole, every other fighter in the market has a greater set of characters and more gameplay features for the same price?

How can you justify buying "Super" and "Hyper" versions of games, when they have 3 or 4 new characters, for anything more than $20?

Its almost pathetic really. Capcom has really cuckholded you.
>>
>>87484966
But SFV has none of that at launch you retard.
>>
>>87484966
You really like SFV don't you? Too bad it bombed hard because of retards like you who wanted that in the first place.
>>
File: OoO.jpg (14KB, 159x155px) Image search: [Google]
OoO.jpg
14KB, 159x155px
>>87484930
>Japanese Spider-Man with Leopardon
HOLY FUCKING SHIT I NEED IT
>>
File: absolutely insane roster.png (2MB, 920x2689px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely insane roster.png
2MB, 920x2689px
>>87481797
>Make your own full roster. Crop this or expand it to your liking, if you want, too.
>>87481709
>I wouldn't mind a massive roster, actually.

Challenge accepted.
I spent much more time on this than I probably should have, but here it is. I tried to bring back as many characters from 2 and 3 as I could, but I still had to omit some, while trying to also add some new characters.
Ryu would have his MvC1 ability to switch between his own playstyle and Ken and Akuma's, while Iron Man would have some of War Machine's moves that his own moveset already lacked.
Also, I had to track down as many sprites as possible because I wanted this sheet to look uniform and eye-pleasing.
This roster doesn't necessarily reflect every character I'd want, but hopefully one that would please as many people as possible. Balancing a roster this big would be a nightmare, though.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (132KB, 1808x1017px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
132KB, 1808x1017px
>>87484892
The delusions of tourneyfags
>>
All I need is Viewtiful Joe and Frank West
also since GotG has been a hit I think either RR stays in or we get Starlord with lvl 3 super that summons the entire crew
>>
>>87484999
>>87485013
I said before that I'm not defending SFV. I've been talking about Marvel since the beginning.

And if SFV didn't have versus, online and training on launch, then what did it have?
>>
>>87485041

There were only three releases of SF4 over six years.

That picture lists a free balance patch, and one paid expansion/patch that wasn't a standalone release
>>
>>87484979
You keep saying "literally" when you aren't even providing examples, why should I take you seriously? In a genre where the majority of work goes into the character, the price for new releases or updates is going to be reflected in the characters. If you want to use Street Fighter as a metric, the Arcade Editon digital upgrade was about $15 with 4 new characters, which amounts to around 4-5 dollars per character.
>>
>>87485088
For someone who's not defending SFV and actually defending Marvel, well you mention SFV a lot.
>>
>>87485019
I couldn't tell from the thumbnail, but that does look pretty nice. It almost looks like screenshots from a long-lost expanded edition of Marvel 2. I can't really offer any criticism, since it brings back all my old favorites and that's all I'd really need. I can't even tell who was left out besides the majority of Street Fighters that were in Marvel 2.
>>
>>87485300
People started bringing it up and I don't know why. I haven't even played it. I thought this was a MvC thread.
>>
>>87485019
The Capcom side is a bit light on villains. Like I'd think about getting rid of Kyosuke or Maki to get M. Bison in there.
>>
>>87485193
There should be zero you cuck
>>
>>87485388
You'd make a really good businessperson. Fighting games released in the arcade need to do yearly updates to retain interest and keep making money. Or do you not even know why Super Street Fighter IV: /Arcade/ Edition exists?
>>
>>87485019
I was about to complain about Roll being in there, but then I saw she had a broom and I remembered she was actually fun to play as in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, so nevermind.
>>
>>87485459
Hey, I'm not saying ripping off your fans isn't good business, but its still ripping off the fans. Fuck, theyll even defend it
>>
>>87484953
It's one of Capcom's top franchises, I thought three was being conservative honestly.
>>
>>87485499
You keep crying and screaming about ripoffs but can't even be bothered to explain why it might be a ripoff. Fighting games are pretty upfront about the amount of content they offer, and there are plenty of different fighting games out there.
>>
File: Nameonejustone.png (877KB, 694x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nameonejustone.png
877KB, 694x1000px
I want Spiral to make a return. I would rather have X this time, rather than classic Megaman.
>>
File: name one,just one.jpg (244KB, 756x660px) Image search: [Google]
name one,just one.jpg
244KB, 756x660px
>>87485630
Look at Tekken, outside of T5, they don't do remakes. The make that one current game and update the data every few months. There will be no T7, T7 Super, T7 Super Turbo, or T7 Ultra. Just one Tekken 7.
>>
>>87485646
As much as I like classic Rock, I have to agree. X would offer a much bigger variety of moves.
Would Zero also be okay or is he still taboo because of lightning loops?
>>
>>87485499
Expanding fighting games to keep them fresh and fix issues is he opposite of a bad thing

The bad thing was when you had to buy a totally new copy that obsoleted the previous one, but that's not much of an issue anymore since they can do that via upgrades of one base copy

Capcom weren't even very bad about it, you want bad, look at how Blazblue had it's life annihilated by constant, incredibly poorly timed non upgradable releases
>>
If I'm not mistaken, there is technically a benefit to fans for an expanded edition being released, rather than just DLC, and that's time and manpower going into the update. Like if UMvC3, or any of the SF4 updates weren't given their own separate games, and instead went the same route but with DLC, it would take a lot longer for things to come out, as less resources would be allocated for the DLC than they would for a full new game. In regards to UMvC3 it may have been for the best it was done the way it was due to Capcom losing the license pretty soon afterwards.

Depending on how many characters are added, it also could end up cheaper, but that''s only if you would have wanted to purchase every character instead of like one.
>>
>>87485345
Then don't mention SFV.
If you want to talk about gameplay and sales do it, but use MvC as the example.
And I am not the other anons but I can't understand how you defend SFV and I am a SFfag since the 90's.
>>
>>87485752
>Look at Tekken, outside of T5, they don't do remakes. The make that one current game and update the data every few months. There will be no T7, T7 Super, T7 Super Turbo, or T7 Ultra. Just one Tekken 7.

Tekken 7 is already on it's second release, Tekken 7: Fated Retribution

6 and TTT2 also had multiple releases just like 5 did
>>
File: Megamen.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Megamen.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>87485756
They all have a large variety of moves. You could probably add in all five main Mega Mans/Men and they could all have unique movesets.
>>
>>87485831
>If you want to talk about gameplay and sales do it, but use MvC as the example.
That's what I'm doing.
I will never as long as I live defend SFV's disgusting business practices.
>>
>>87485756
He's fine, just take away his cancel anything into/out of charged mega buster.
>>
>>87485630
>there are plenty of different fighting games out there.

Yes and that makes the defense of Street Fighter so baffling when nearly every other modern fighting game outclasses it in terms of features for the same price with the only edge it has being it's core gameplay. Gameplay quality is completely subjective obviously but let's say it is the best for the sake of argument. Would you really say that that is because they do not implement other features? Is it really logical to assume that if Capcom threw in a decent story mode that suddenly the gameplay would go down the shitter? I do not get why so called fans defend getting less content. All it would take is a higher budget and slightly longer dev time (something SFV obviously needed anyway). If Capcom can't justify spending the time and money required to make the newest game in their biggest franchise a fully featured product on par with it's peers rather than early access and indie games then what the fuck are they even doing?
>>
>>87485871
You technically could, but if you really need multiples, I think you'd do fine just adding classic and X, and leave other slots for other characters from the franchise. At least for aesthetic diversity.
>>
>>87485871
That's a bit of an overkill I think.
>>
>>87484930
How, pray tell, could Charles Xavier possibly be playable in a fighting game?
>>
File: shadowman.png (109KB, 304x425px) Image search: [Google]
shadowman.png
109KB, 304x425px
>>87485646
>>87485756
>>87485871
>>87485892
Or just give us best robot master to be playable.
>>
>>87485942
He already was in Mutant Academy 2 on PS1

I think he just floated in his yellow chair and used psychic attacks
>>
>>87485942
With a assist, just how Ant-Man is there with Hawkeye. Have kitty with him, to phase him in and out of danger, via command moves.
>>
Strong is the salt in this topic.
>>
>>87485942
A better alternative would probably be to add Onslaught instead.
>>
>>87485980
Salt and fightans have a long history together after all.
>>
>>87485929
>>87485935
Well I'm not saying that they should do that, just that they could because there are so many abilities that they've all had over the years. Personally I think the best balance would be Classic Mega Man, Zero, Tron, and Bass.EXE, but I'd be fine with anything as long as there actually is a Mega Man.
>>
File: CW-03-CutMan-Art.jpg (161KB, 453x784px) Image search: [Google]
CW-03-CutMan-Art.jpg
161KB, 453x784px
>>87485943
I think you uploaded the wrong image, bruh.
>>
>>87485942
>send astral projections out
>run a motherfucker over with the wheelchair
>air wheelchair combos
come on son
>>
>>87485920
Capcom as a developer was never concerned with putting a large amount of story into its fighting games. We saw them try to respond to market demand with A Shadow Falls, but that was clumsy at best. If there are fighting games out there that do story content well, why not just play and support them instead of complaining about the series that don't? The gameplay will always be secondary to the story in fighting games, some developers have the time, resources, and interest to do story content, some don't, it's that simple.
>>
>>87486011
>I'd be fine with anything as long as there actually is a Mega Man.
I hear that. I'm still baffled by Capcom's decision with that in 3. I almost wouldn't have minded it as much if Tron and Zero weren't in there, but having them there without any Mega Man makes the decision that much stranger. It's like adding in Chun-Li and Zangief but no Ryu.
>>
>>87486011
I get where you're coming from. I'd be ok with just X and Zero, if only because X has been continuously shafted over the years.
>>
should have Phil Coulson do profiles on the Capcom characters with additional commentaries by Fitz and Simmons
>>
File: MetalMan.jpg (281KB, 817x881px) Image search: [Google]
MetalMan.jpg
281KB, 817x881px
>>87486014
Bitch, please.
>>
File: Crashman.png (325KB, 533x717px) Image search: [Google]
Crashman.png
325KB, 533x717px
>>87485943
>>87486014
>>87486079

You guys are really bad at uploading a picture of the best Robot Master.
>>
What do I have to do to get Stan Lee's magnificent voice as the announcer for this game? It'd be like the announcer from MSHvSF, but taken even further.
>>
>>87486060
That's a crazy dream, at the most he will just show up in a few characters endings
>>
>>87486060
Marvel vs Capcom Files
Ryu
Identity Status: Public
Known Relatives: Parents unknown, possibly deceased. Gouken (sensei and adoptive father)
Enemies: Akuma, M.Bison, Seth, Gill
Powers/Weapons: Skilled in martials arts and ki manipulation
Coulson's Note: Trained from childhood in a style that is considered a blend of various forms of karate, taekwondo and jujitsu, Ryu's a warrior seeking the ultimate opponent. Even when he won the first Street Fighter tournament, he was far from satisfied. He's always on the go, seeking for that one person who can push his skills to the limit. Yet he must ever be careful not to give in this so-called "Satsui No Hadou" or whatever he calls it that made his sensei's brother go off his rocker with power. Keep an eye out for any fighting events, sanctioned or otherwise for a guy wearing a red headband, white gi, and carrying a duffel bag.
>>
BRING BACK AMATERASU

LET THE SUN RISE AGAIN
>>
>>87481961
It's not bad it's just they are smack dab in the middle of the uncanny valley
>>
File: 1367470887452.jpg (90KB, 593x342px) Image search: [Google]
1367470887452.jpg
90KB, 593x342px
>>87486014
>>87486127
>>87486079

Poor taste, all of you. Pure Gaijins. Inb4 Skullman.
>>
>>87485863
This is a common practice now. Even MKX has an ultimate edition.
>>
Am I the only one that misses the simpler 2v2 tag-team from the earlier versus games? I think I even prefer it to the 3v3 tag-team that MvC2 and MvC3 use.

I guess I do like having 2 assists instead of just 1, though.
>>
>>87482939
What's busted with it now?

They released Alien and the other stuff on PC last I heard and people were happy
>>
>>87486060
What if Coulson is playable because movie sinergy?
>>
>>87486159
Chun-Li
Known relatives: Mother (deceased), Father ( whereabouts unknown)
Enemies: M.Bison, Shadaloo, Seth, S.I.N., Illuminati
Powers/Weapons: Skilled in martial arts, ki manipulation, detective skills
Coulson's Note: Graduated at the top of her class in Hong Kong police academy and skilled in wuxia, Chun-Li uses her skills to keep peace in her country and to bring down the criminal organization of Shadaloo that took her father.He was a top detective in Hong Kong and she followed his footsteps. I can always tell a "Daddy's Girl" when I see one. Like father like daughter though she also reminds me of a certain agent of ours. Chun-Li is working with Interpol to find the mastermind of Shadoloo's successor, S.I.N. I believe we have a new candidate for S.H.I.E.L.D.
>>
>>87486227
So long as he doesn't bring anyone over from Agents of Shit with him.
>>
File: gill-n1.gif (70KB, 324x457px) Image search: [Google]
gill-n1.gif
70KB, 324x457px
>>87486159
Gill a bad guy? Anon you got your sources wrong.
>>
File: Slapstick being a cunt.jpg (65KB, 562x328px) Image search: [Google]
Slapstick being a cunt.jpg
65KB, 562x328px
We need more obscure characters on the Marvel front. They have a shit ton of people that would be perfect for a game like MVC, Slapstick being the main one that comes to head.
>>
>>87486060
>>87486159
>>87486231
How many characters are you going to write these for? I'm liking the idea, but we don't exactly have a roster in place to use as a guideline.

Unless if you plan on doing this for every character that's ever been playable in the MvC series, in which case you're insane, but do carry on.
>>
>>87486247
>Not wanting Simmons, Daisy and Ward as assists
>>
>>87486308
I've been wanting Slapstick in MvC since at least 2001... maybe 2002, I can't remember. Point is, a long-ass time.
>>
>>87486060
Please no, Coulson is shit. Have Uatu do it or Old Man Fury.
>>
>>87486376
I second the Uatu suggestion, actually. It'd be very fitting, too.
>>
Can I just say how happy I am that Switchfag seems to be MIA from this most recent thread? It's like I can breathe again.
>>
>>87486346
>Ward as assist
I mean, it wouldn't make much sense
I like the idea of having assists for a SHIELD character, but I'd rather have Nick Fury with command assists for Coulson, Quake, Hill, maybe Mockingbird?
Ward/Hive deserves to be his own character, come on
>>
What is mvc4 is the fan pandering game everyone wants with twice as many characters (with custom assists ala skullgirls) AND assist only characters?

All platforms and crossplay
>>
>>87486348
It would be fucking great. One of his hypers could be this gag, but with a hydra agent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-k5J4RxQdE
>>
>>87486434
Stop tempting fate, you faggot.
>>
>>87486438
Give me a move set for Ward.
>>
>>87486438
>We'll never get OG Nick Fury back.

You made me sad asshole.
>>
>>87485019
Replace Batsu with Jon Talbain and this roster is fucking perfect. Excessively huge, but perfect.
>>
>>87486552
Ward I don't really imagine it, but having Hive or any HYDRA leader could be neat
I mean, maybe Hive would be too much like Nemesis from UMvC3 but with more status effect inducing attacks and HYDRA agent assists? I don't really know
>>87486598
I'm sorry anon
>>
>>87486489

At this point, the game is 50/50. Could have a bullshit roster lacking important characters like 3, or maybe 2 but the Marvel side features more characters people actually give a fuck at this point.

Due to my cynical nature, it's probably gonna be the former.
>>
File: Based Ward.png (720KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Based Ward.png
720KB, 1366x768px
>>87486438
>>
>MVC4 will have pandering to the movie shit.

Fuck the MCU and shit casual fans that spawned from it.
>>
>>87482242
>Marvel has a policy that either all FF members are in a game or none of them are, so they told them to scrap them, offering the Super-Skrull as a substitute.

Unless you provide proof I'm gonna have to call bullshit.
>>
>>87486392
Uatu's dead and the Unseen's taken his place but other than Unworthy Thor #1, the latter hasn't interacted with the Nu-616 much
>>
>>87486744

Meanwhile on the Capcom side we're getting Street Fighter V pandering up the ass with some Resident Evil pandering and maybe nu-Megaman. Maybe Monster Hunter too.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if MVC4 is cancelled and instead we get Avengers Vs. Street Fighter.
>>
>>87486786
Like how we got SF4 pandering up the ass? At most we'll see Necalli and that's it.
>>
>>87486744
How the hell could it not? Most of Marvel's major characters have shown up in a movie or show at this point, a roster not made up mostly of these characters would end up being a bunch of Z-listers or it would be Marvel's current comic lineup of diversity hires filling in for the actual heroes.
>>
File: roster.png (1MB, 845x1000px) Image search: [Google]
roster.png
1MB, 845x1000px
>>87481797
i tried to put in as much representation as possible

r8 me m8
>>
>>87486786
>>87486744
Honestly Mcu pandering means shit. Cap, Iron Man and Hulk are all guaranteed. Wolverine and Magneto and Doom are also guaranteed despite Fox embargo.
FF have never been on any Capcom fighting game.
Hawkeye was on MvC3. Black Panther, Wanda and Black Widow are highly popular among fans.
>>
>>87486865
Too much xmen
3/10
>>
>>87486865
My african american.
Minor franchises need more exposition.
>>
>>87486865
>updating this so that Random is now just the Random buttons.

Haw.
>>
File: CW-12-QuickMan-Art.jpg (216KB, 777x854px) Image search: [Google]
CW-12-QuickMan-Art.jpg
216KB, 777x854px
>>87486183
>>87486127
>>87486014
>>87486079
>>87485943
back the fuck up
>>
>>87486654
Why does the game need 'important' characters?
>>
>>87486825
>Most of Marvel's major characters have shown up in a movie or show at this point

They're only "major" because normies saw them in movies. The real "major" characters Marvel has are Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, and Cap, that's it, those are the only character that have consistently meant something to the overarching universe at Marvel consistently. I don't want to see shit like Quicksilver or Black Panther, because they already got their exposure. Put in characters like Sentry or Kazarr, or Howard for Christ's sake.
>>
>>87486885
>Movie goers

>Fans.

This meme needs to die.
>>
File: mega_man_legacy_collection_raw.jpg (225KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mega_man_legacy_collection_raw.jpg
225KB, 600x600px
>>87483719
There was just a port of a lot of the classic games, dude.
>>
>>87487013
>The real "major" characters Marvel has are Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, and Cap, that's it, those are the only character that have consistently meant something to the overarching universe at Marvel consistently.

This is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've seen in these threads and that includes the dumb Switchfag from yesterday.
>>
>>87487036
Ah yes, they've shown up in a mainstream movie so that means as a comic fan you're no longer allowed to like them. I'm sure that attitude will work out great for you.
>>
>>87486865
>Barracuda
as much as i love the character
why him over Frank?
>>
>>87486911
>MvC
>Too much X-men
>>
>>87487036
You need to die.
>>87487053
He's a true believer anon, let him be mad at casuals.
>>
>>87487053
Prove me wrong then. Those four characters are the only ones who showed up in nearly all the events in impacted them in major ways. The only other character I could see you having a case for is Iron Man and Nick Fury. Iron Man's claim to fame was being the designated villain of Civil War and we'll never see Fury again a part from him being a Watcher stand in.
>>
>>87487120
I know, right?
>>
File: 1478286011040.png (217KB, 1944x2312px) Image search: [Google]
1478286011040.png
217KB, 1944x2312px
>>87481797
Reposting mine from last thread. Too lazy to add more so I also want:

>Marvel: Cyclops, Magik, Ant-Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Luke Cage, Venom, Taskmaster

>Capcom: Ibuki, Cammy, Jill Valentine, Lord Raptor, Firebrand, Captain Commando, Viewtiful Joe, Tron Bonne, a Monster Hunter rep, a Dragon's Dogma rep
>>
>>87487081
>Implying fans ever liked Wanda.

>Implying fans ever liked Natasha.
>>
File: Potato Head This Nigga.png (549KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Potato Head This Nigga.png
549KB, 640x960px
>>87482134
>Complaining about Nero & Chuck Greene being too similar
>Has Silk & Spidey on your list
>>
>>87487152
I think there might have been a slight error in the image you posted.
>>
File: Marvel vs Capcom 4 Roster.png (2MB, 1944x2312px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel vs Capcom 4 Roster.png
2MB, 1944x2312px
>>87487196
>>87487152
>>87481797
Oops lmao
>>
>>87486865
>Black Widow from Slammasters 2
My negro.
>>
>>87487147
Right so unless they are those four characters they are all on an even plane huh? Strange, Dr. Doom, Cyclops, Reed Richards, etc., they're on the same level as the likes of Slapstick if you don't take movies in to account? You do realize how utterly retarded a notion that is correct? There are varying degrees of importance and even discounting the MCU characters like the ones mentioned and other big characters will always take precedence over the likes of say Man-Thing or The Spot.
>>
>>87487219
Probably the most realistic roster so far. Still lacking true newcomers.
>>
File: RA-SHI-DOOOOOO.jpg (41KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
RA-SHI-DOOOOOO.jpg
41KB, 480x480px
>>87485019
>>87487219
Two lists so far that both have Rashid. I'm a little surprised, but pleasantly so. Good to see people appreciating Rashid of the turbulent wind.
>>
>>87487302
Rashid is hands down the best new character in SF5, not that much of a feat considering the competition, but still.
>>
Nathan "Rad" Spencer
Identity Status: public
Enemies: Master D, The Badds, BioReign
Powers/weapons: hand-to-hand combat, firearms, enhanced strength with left bionic arm
Coulson's Note: A dedicated and decorated soldier equipped with a bionic arm that gives him enhanced strength and reach inaccessible areas. Spencer helped in stopping a plan involving the cloned head of a certain dictator (Geez .Don't these groups come up with anything original anymore?)
>>
>>87487219
Great job my friend.
>>87487298
I would add Hyperion, Batsu, Huitzil and Machine Man.
>>
File: MvC Stages.png (2MB, 1084x1104px) Image search: [Google]
MvC Stages.png
2MB, 1084x1104px
>>87484089
Tried to fill out the image with what I put down here >>87484321

Switched out Fetus of God for Tower of Arrogance (not Vanity I guess) because honestly I like the idea of fighting on the side of a building a lot better, and also Wundargore out for Thanos' place from Infinity Gauntlet because there's no good picture of Wundagore out there. Also because I couldn't get a good picture of an Incursion over the Apocalypse sphinx from when Dr. Stange killed the Great Society. Its actually super easy to find good enough pictures for the Capcom stuff and harder to find the Marvel stuff. Probably should axe the Sanctum though.
>>
>>87487426
>Ever not going with the Fetus of God
Come on, man.
>>
>>87487337
At which point did he became black, changed hair color and his wife became his arm?
>>
Arthur
Identity Status: public
Enemies: Red Arremer, Astaroth, Lucifer, Sardius
Powers/weapons: swordsmanship, magical attacks and armor
Coulson's Note: a knight who comes from a kingdom where magic and the sword rule. This guy's been literally through hell and back to get his girl. Sometimes more than once. Maybe he should get some advice from Stark on how to get some better armor.
>>
>>87486942
>choosing random now has a random chance of giving you random as a secret character
>>
File: Tower.gif (19KB, 359x223px) Image search: [Google]
Tower.gif
19KB, 359x223px
>>87487462
But you're fighting on the side of a building! I don't think there's any other fighting game stage like it. Not that there's many other stages like Fetus of God, but it gets a lot more exposure as it is.
>>
Tron Bonne
Known Relatives: Teisel Bonne (Elder brother), Bom Bonne( younger brother)
Powers/Weapons: rides and fights in the mecha Gustaff and uses Servbots to do her bidding.
Coulson's Note: Tron belongs to a family of pirates, a genius-level mechanic, and she has a small army of minions that do her bidding. She loves treasures and anything that isn't bolted down (and even if it is) is up for grabs. Let's hope that she's doesn't steal anything from the wrong person.
>>
>>87482719
Pretty good besides War Machine instead of Tony & Sentinel being there but no Thor.

Capcom side is good, but there's too many Street Fighter characters (including Guy & Cody since they're more famous for SF now).
>>
female thor, female iron man, hydra captain america, Dante from fuck you, new Jill valentine, no more x-men....all confirmed
>>
>>87487625
I agree....street fighter may be a fighting game but it's not a big spectacle like MvC....we need more big and loud characters
>>
Not going to post a whole grid, but I would love to see Doc Ock in an MvC, and I haven't seen him in any of these.
>>
>>87487701
superior spiderman would make me happy
>>
Strider Hiryu
Identity status: secret
Powers/Weapons: Olympic-level agility, hand-to-hand combat, swordsmanship, use of robotic drones
Enemies: Matic, Meio, Hien, Solo
Coulson's Note: This guy's one of the best of the best. His skills could put even my team to shame. His group deals in assassinations, kidnapping, infiltration, demolition, and sedition. That blade he's wielding has a similar density to vibranium and can cut through just about anything like a carver's knife through grade A beef
>>
>>87487298
It's really hard to do with Marvel when they now have so many "Must have" characters that were in previous games.

Spidey, Iron Man, Cap, Deadpool, Wolverine, Thor & Hulk are Marvel's most popular characters; so that's already 7 spots. Storm is another super popular character with a ton of franchise history, there's 8. Then Dr Doom & Magneto are Marvel's two most popular villains that also have a ton of series history, we're now at 10. Then Dr Strange & Thanos are two popular rising stars at Marvel, now we're at 12.

Not a whole ton of room for newcomers unless they try to meet UMvC3's 50 character roster.
>>
File: stages.png (1MB, 1084x1104px) Image search: [Google]
stages.png
1MB, 1084x1104px
>>87484089
its hard to pick just from 8 marvel locales
>>
File: Hey that's pretty good.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Hey that's pretty good.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>87483896
Marvel side is great, but I'd personally take out Vision or Wanda for Star-Lord.

Capcom side is pretty good but Felicia being in it & no Wesker/Haggar brings it down a bit.
>>
>>87488736
Star Lord is right next to Rocket.
>>
>>87488824
Shit my bad. My mind went right over that since I was looking for the DnA costume to match Rocket's.
>>
>>87488736
>Felicia being in it
>brings it down
what are you gay
>>
>>87488856
Cat girl fags go home.
>>
>>87486865
>silvia over joe
0/10
>>
>>87484265
>The characters were widely un balanced
Says you. The meta's evolved where just about everyone besides Hsien Ko & Iron Fist are viable with the right team/player.
>>
Felicia
Powers/Weapons: Superhuman senses and reflexes, superhuman strength, Feline skills and instincts
Coulson's Note: We have reports of a strange catwoman making performances on Broadway and dancing for the public. Our scans indicate that she’s not a mutant or an Inhuman either. This little kitty has others like her walking around in New York freely. They also put a pretty damn good fight against the Friends of Humanity (how are those clowns still around?).
>>
>>87489032
Ooh! Do one for Morrigan!
>>
>>87489059
Morrigan
Identity Status: unknown
Known relatives: Berial (father, deceased), Lilith ("sister")
Enemies: Demitri, Jedah
Powers/Weapons: superhuman strength, shapeshifting wings, magical projection, flight
Coulson's Note: We've been hearing reports of men being drained of energy and were last seen by a green-haired woman. She also had an encounter with a pack of vampires, in three minutes it was the vampires who were limping away. We don't know what she really is. All that we do know is that she's dangerous to any male. High level mystics and demon-hunters may be required for this one.
>>
Amaterasu
Enemies: Orochi, Ninetails, Yami
Powers/Weapons: uses Japan's Three treasures (sword, mirror, and beads) as weapons (despite having no hands!), uses a "Celestial Brush" to manipulate the elements and "heal" the land, natural wolf fighting instincts
Coulson's Note: Gods come in all shapes and sizes. This one took the form of a wolf. Amatarasu has taken on things that would wet your pants. Her powers are faith-based. The more faith people have in her, the more powerful she becomes.
>>
>>87485019
Pretty good, I'd replace Marrow/Jubilee/Blackheart/Black Cat with Cyclops/Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel/Doctor Octopus.

Why'd you include Marrow over Cyclops? Lmao
>>
>>87489375
Look at the first Marvel character.
>>
>>87486308
>>87486348
Well, he's become more relevant than ever since he's been appearing in Deadpool so there's a slim chance.
>>
File: DK Absolutely disgusting.png (147KB, 422x491px) Image search: [Google]
DK Absolutely disgusting.png
147KB, 422x491px
>>87487013
>Sentry or Kazarr
>You want shit characters like this over characters with tons of great comics like Thor & Black Panther
>>
>>87486865
Random/10
>>
>>87487147
>Iron Man's claim to fame was being the designated villain of Civil War

Or you know, being one of the main Avengers since the start of the team. Or having a couple of iconic storylines.
>>
File: Buster_Baxter.png (95KB, 250x189px) Image search: [Google]
Buster_Baxter.png
95KB, 250x189px
>>87481755
>no reason to lie.
>needing a reason to lie on the internet
>>
>>87487219
>Marvel has four villains
>Capcom has two (maybe three if you count that biker chick, but I wouldn't know since I don't know shit about Rival Schools)
>>
>>87490143
If I could add more, it'd have been: Taskmaster, Venom, Doc Ock, M. Bison, Sigma & Firebrand.
>>
File: stage.jpg (1MB, 1084x1518px) Image search: [Google]
stage.jpg
1MB, 1084x1518px
>>87484089
heres my attempt
>>
>>87484930
>>87485017
Someone saw my wish list

Supaidaman needs in!

Can we also have a solo comic run dammit!
>>
File: file.png (189KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
189KB, 320x320px
>>87490143
>Rival Schools
Akira malal when?
>>
>>87490902
Speaking of which
>>87439570
Rate My Taste if you want.
Who would you guys add?
>>
>>87481772
>but I'll take a huge roster in exchange for a less balanced fighter every time in a game like this.
Agreed.
They're fanservice games, in the sense of the characters and moves and stages are chosen to make the fans smile and appreciate them.
>>
>>87481755
Fuck the Capcom characters, give me a new MSH game.
>>
>>87491319
No
>>
>>87481797
Iron Man - Cap - Thor
Hulk - Dr. Strange - Black Panther
Spider-Man - Star-Lord - Ant-Man
Songbird - Kamala - Taskmaster
Wolverine - Storm - Deadpool
Dr. Octopus - Magneto - Dr. Doom

Ryu - Chun-Li - Dudley
Powered Akira - Haggar - Morrigan
RE3 Jill - Arthur - Dante
Mega Man - Captain Commando - Strider Hiryu
Qurupeco - Phoenix Wright - Gene
Wesker - Jedah - Sigma

Stages

Avengers' Mansion - Hell's Kitchen
Pleasant Hill - AIM Island
Utopia - Wakanda
Battleworld - Knowhere

SF2 Intro - New-Type Airport(Storm Eagle's stage)
Raccoon City - Taiyo High Rooftop
Courtroom - Metro City Police District
Fetus of God - Kilo Crab
>>
File: kappa.jpg (930KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kappa.jpg
930KB, 1920x1080px
>>87491319
Coming right up!
>>
>>87491637
I don't really think Peco's a good idea for a Monster Hunter rep. He's not really that iconic to the series, and while you could argue that his gimmick would be to summon monsters, a Monster Hunter monster' gimmick should just be that it is a monster.
>>
>>87491675
it still hurts
Well at least MFF is good
>>
File: 1478344069059.jpg (894KB, 1944x2643px) Image search: [Google]
1478344069059.jpg
894KB, 1944x2643px
>>87481797
It's vanilla, I know
>>
>>87481797
Can't do it. My roster either ends up too big or it's missing too many characters I want.
>>
File: 1462175236634.png (363KB, 671x665px) Image search: [Google]
1462175236634.png
363KB, 671x665px
>tfw Capcom will use SF5's game model for MVC4
>game releases with barely any content and a roster smaller than vanilla MVC3
That's my only fear about a potential MVC4
>>
>>87484050
Comics is a niche man child market. Being under the house of mouse's control 100% its ok for them to do edgy risks.

Vidya partnership is an entirely different ball park. Have we gotten SJW! version characters yet in a Marvel game as the only option?
>>
File: AFSS Hangar Bay.jpg (1012KB, 2515x1440px) Image search: [Google]
AFSS Hangar Bay.jpg
1012KB, 2515x1440px
>>87484089
>>
File: ghost rider.jpg (877KB, 1789x2750px) Image search: [Google]
ghost rider.jpg
877KB, 1789x2750px
>>87496469
Between movie synergy & Capcom not wanting them, we won't get any shit like She-Thor or Riri Iron Man.

At most, we'd get Ms. Marvel & maybe Robbie who are actual good characters anyway
>>
>>87496920
She-Thor is a chance, but yeah Iron Riri probably isn't. Also Laura will be Wolverine, and Logan will be in the game as Logan.
>>
>>87496993
There's literally no way Marvel & Capcom will choose She-Thor over normal Thor. That's what casuals & Japanese people know Thor as. They'd be so confused if Thor was a girl for no reason.

Same for Laura/Logan, I'll be shocked if Laura returns desu.

This SJW push is just the comic side's way of hoping that their shit one day gets adapted into stuff people will actually watch/play. But the quality is so fucked that only a couple things have/will do that (Miles, Kamala, Robbie & maybe Sam as Cap).

The games side will want to follow what the movies are doing or will do. At most we'd see alternate costumes of that stuff which would be fine.
>>
Wolverine's MvC 4 theme will be a mix of Original Wolverine MSH theme with a bit of her X-23 theme
>>
>>87497097
>There's literally no way Marvel & Capcom will choose She-Thor over normal Thor.
Didn't say they would, said there's a chance.
>Laura/Logan
That one I'd be surprised if it DIDN'T happen. X-23 and Logan already have their own movesets, Logan is just as recognizable as Logan as he is as Wolverine, the Lauraverine books are being better received than She-Thor in Mahvel's market, hell even MvC itself has a history of multiple Wolverines in games.
>>
I've had some ideas for the story mode (if there's one) for MvC4.

I mean, it would be a good idea to make it into a Time Runs Out/Secret Wars like storyline, where after a sort of catastrophe happens, both the Marvel and Capcom universes have merged.

Now, depending on from which side your characters go, you can end up fighting a final boss, but if you do well, you fight the true boss... Which I dunno if it should be God DOOM or someone else.

Anyways, my choice for those normal end bosses would be for Capcom's side either Sigma or SFV's Bison, while for Marvel it could be either Ultron (the Annihilation one) or Maker.

The semi final stage could be the Final Incursion Point, then maybe a Killstadium (or whatever the place was where everyone were sent to fight in SW) and finally Battleworld (where the Earth can be seen) for the true final boss.

...or I dunno, just thinking about it makes me more worried about how would it go.
>>
>>87497097
Laura might return since she's going to be in Logan and she was relatively well received in MvC3. She won't be Wolverine though; that'll just end up being her DLC costume.
>>
>>87497592
Chakravratin or Yami
>>
File: 1478286011040.png (4MB, 2760x2612px) Image search: [Google]
1478286011040.png
4MB, 2760x2612px
this is hard.
>>
>>87498156
Demitri will never happen because the fans will reject him without Midnight Bliss, and Marvel will reject their big stars getting turned into damsels.
>>
Akuma
Known Relatives: Gouken ( brother, "deceased"), Goutetsu ( teacher, deceased)
Power/weapons: Skilled in martials arts and ki manipulation, uses a killing technique called "Shun Goku Satsu"
Fury's Note: This is what Ryu fears the most: Being driven mad by power. His master's brother is a clear case example. Luckily, he's not the type to just fight anybody. This guy wants to find a worthy opponent. Uses a more lethal form of Ryu's fighting style including a deadly technique called Shun Goku Satsu. CQC is not, I repeat, not recommended. Has other nasty techniques in his repertoire to avoid as well.
>>
>>87498192

I don't care. I want him in.
>>
>>87487296
You're the one who implied there was a specific set of "main" characters at Marvel.

>>87489590
I never said I didn't want characters like Thor in the game. I said I didn't want characters like Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver. Having an entire roster of just MCU characters is retarded. But in regards to Black Panther, I don't see how his moveset would offer anything new to the game.

>>87489700
So was Wasp and Pym, that changes nothing.
>>
>>87482719
>>87483600
>>87485019
>>87486865
>>87493888
Where is Gene you pigfuckers
>>
File: MvC Roster Update.jpg (1MB, 1944x2312px) Image search: [Google]
MvC Roster Update.jpg
1MB, 1944x2312px
>>87498156
I know. I'm just putting in guys I'd like to have added on top of what's already in UMvC3, and I'm realizing I want more rows in there, despite how giant the roster would be.

>>87498192
Oh please, its not like all of the male Marvel characters haven't had female versions of themselves already.
>>
>>87497592
Or, to take a step back from multiversal catastrophes, we could have it take place after Galactus merged the Marvel and Capcom worlds and give each character a small story that gives us a peek into how the world is now.`
>>
>>87498323
That's kinda the point. I think they'd prefer Captain America turned into the biggest titted dumbest bimbo imaginable rather than have Capcom put them on blast for their own lack of originality.
>>
>>87487302
He would translate to a marvel game better than most SF characters desu
>>
File: Stiltman vs Leaper.png (3MB, 1944x2312px) Image search: [Google]
Stiltman vs Leaper.png
3MB, 1944x2312px
Personally, I give my roster a 10/10
>>
>>87498584
You need to have Lady Stiltman and Batroc's daughter for diversities sake, man.
>>
File: spiderman0000-00000_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman0000-00000_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
I take it people didn't like how MvC3 looked?
>>
>>87498685
I did. It captured a cartoony style well and looked roughly a million times better than Capcom's other fighting game engine of the time where everyone looked like monsters
>>
File: fixed.png (4MB, 1944x2312px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
4MB, 1944x2312px
>>87498637
FUCK! Is this better?
>>
File: 1355886940092.png (26KB, 480x449px) Image search: [Google]
1355886940092.png
26KB, 480x449px
So, what changed? Didn't MVC3 die because of licensing issues? How is MVC4 going to get around that?
>>
>>87498685
I don't really mind it much, but there are a few characters that didn't make the jump to 3d too well. Like Felicia. Although, that's not really the fault of the style.
>>
>>87498147
Wait, Yami has been already used, sorta.

How about a fusion between a Marvel and a Capcom villain, would that work?
>>
>>87498737
Marvel's game division has a new head and he wants to get Marvel on good terms with other game companies. He probably offered some sort of deal saying they had the rights to Marvel characters in fighting game format or something.
>>
>>87498685
I thought it looked great. Much better than the weird roided out freaks in recent SF games or the old patchwork of reused sprites on bad 3D backgrounds that was MvC2. Only real problem was some faces looked off like Frank West looking nothing like he did in DR.
>>
>>87498797
Galactus and Pyron fused could work, but it would just be Galactus on fire.
>>
>>87498737
Marvel has been slowly walking those licensing clampdowns back. Games that got pulled slowly started appearing on Steam again, new PS2 ports popped up...

>>87498803
>He probably offered some sort of deal saying they had the rights to Marvel characters in fighting game format or something.
Okay THAT I didn't know.
>>
Have the final boss be the Beyonder.
>>
>>87498685
I hated how they went ham with the shading.
>>
File: Dark_Kahn_render.jpg (350KB, 569x711px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Kahn_render.jpg
350KB, 569x711px
>>87498737
Disney seems to have finally realized that they can't make in-house games worth a shit and that outsourcing them to actual game studios like Insomniac is a much better way to get players beyond casuals who will spend a few bucks in a mobile game.

>>87498797
Like Dark Kahn in MKvsDC? It could work, like have the Venom symbiote attach to Bison or the T-Virus get injected in to Green Goblin.
>>
>>87498906
That could also work.

But let's be honest, doesn't the games have a sort of pattern in the type of boss?

I mean, in X-Men, there was Akuma as the secret boss (or was he a hidden character?), then in MSH it was Thanos (and as a secret character, that lil girl from Darkstalkers), then in XMvSF it was Paco lips, and in MSFvSF it was Cyber Akuma, a Capcom Original.

Now for the MvC series, we started with Onslaught, then Abyss (Capcom Original?) and then finally Galactus.

So... Does that mean that if the pattern is followed, for MvC4 would it be a Capcom Original again???

I really hope not.
>>
>>87499301
Have it be grown up Anita
>>
>>87481755
>Don't listen to Switchfag about Nintendo, Disney, or Platinum Games. Nothing's been confirmed by YogaFlame24 outside of MvC4 happening and it beginning testing next year.
Yes it has, you're delusional, seek help.
>>
>>87484319
They are not using those companies, they are using Platinum, end of story.

MVC2 was a excellent game.
>>87483712
>Think this will suck because of those 3 Activision games Platinum did.
Still, Switch needs this for it's launch window.
>>
>>87483712
>MvC 3 sucked
>I didn't like it so it sucks
fag
>>
>>87484319
>Marvel 2 was made in-house and it was shit.
Capocm's in-house fighting studio was on its last legs at that point. SF3's failure hit it hard.
>>
File: feli-laser.png (188KB, 634x276px) Image search: [Google]
feli-laser.png
188KB, 634x276px
>>87486865
Huitzil/10
>>
>>87493888
>cartoon Morrigan and Pocket Fighter Felicia
>>
>>87500923
Was it really a failure?
>>
>>87501158
Yes. Akiman himself has said SF3 didn't make any money. He also says that Darkstalkers sold well. By the way people today talk, you'd think that Darkstalkers was the flop and that SF3 was a huge hit. Just shows that gamers don't really know their history.
>>
>>87501158
People didn't like the complete absence of mainstays and it took 3 tries to actually make SF3 good.
>>
>>87501193
I hear a lot of phraise when someone talks about SF3.
I still don't understand why Darkstalkers is an almost dead franchise outside an small niche and waifufags.
>>
>>87496444
>game releases with barely any content
Just like MvC3
>>
>>87501269
>I hear a lot of phraise when someone talks about SF3.
Nowadays, sure. When it came out? Everyone was upset that all their favorite characters got dumped for "a bunch of freaks." And 3D fever was in full swing at the time, so even the Disney-quality animation of SF3 was seen as outdated.
>>
>>87501374
The game was developed by the same studio who did Heritage for the future? Because That way I would understand ''the bunch of freaks''.
>>
>>87501269
>I still don't understand why Darkstalkers is an almost dead franchise outside an small niche and waifufags.
It's old. That's really the crux of it. The last game in the series was made in 1997. Pretty much every single other fighting game franchise has had lots of new games since then.
>>
>>87501443
>Pretty much every single other fighting game franchise has had lots of new games since then.
If onyl, Street Fighter is the only fighting game that has had lots of new games, mostly updates.
Rival Schools, Red Earth, Star Gladiator and the game Jin Saotome is from are almost dead franchises too.
Even Final Fight haven't had a game in years.
>>
>>87481755
I hope they bring back phoenix wright but change him up so he isn't "stall for RNG not to fuck you over" character.

Bring back venom or adding carnage would be pretty great too.
>>
>>87501580
I'm talking about ones from other companies. King of Fighters, Tekken, Gulty Gear, etc. Sure, all the other Capcom fighters are dead, but they were never even very big to begin with. Red Earth in particular did so poorly that to this day it still has yet to receive any sort of home port.
>>
>>87501666
To think KOF was almost a dead franchise too a few years ago.
>>
>>87498685
The only thing I didn't really like is the hard black shading.
I'd kinda like to see them try a retro pop-art look.
>>
>>87498782
>there are a few characters that didn't make the jump to 3d too well. Like Felicia.
Darkstalkers characters need lots of old-school rubbery squash and stretch to look right. It was a major part of the style. In general, modern 3D games just don't do that very much.
>>
>>87481755
Looking at this artwork makes me wonder how Sora from Kingdom Hearts would look like if this official artist did his character design for the game (yes I know they don't use pixels anymore for these games).

On that note, would anyone oppose Disney allowing Sora as a guest spot in a would be Marvel vs Capcom fighting game? After all, Disney owns Sora just as much as they own Marvel nowadays.
>>
>>87502834
>Looking at this artwork makes me wonder how Sora from Kingdom Hearts would look like if this official artist did his character design for the game (yes I know they don't use pixels anymore for these games).
I think you're getting illustration, design, and sprites all mixed up. The people who drew the illustrations like in the OP typically didn't design the characters or make their ingame sprites. They just drew some artwork after all that stuff was already done.
>>
>>87498685
I thought it looked fine. Honestly, it was leagues better than the art style of SFIV or even SFV.
>>
>>87502953
Don't respond to this guy. He's either been autisting or trolling up these Mahvel threads.
>>
>>87481873
would play the shit out of this
>>
>>87498685

It looked great. People just hate it because "MUH SPRITES!"

This dumb shit complaint will never go away.
>>
>>87481755
Was something else hinted in YogaFlame24's tweets?
>>
>>87511431
That isn't a generalization at all. Wow what a smart and cool guy.
>>
>>87511444
Nah, nothing at all. Just that the game is happening and it begins testing next year. What "next year" pertains to is anybody's guess.

If anybody tells you anything else (like that one faggot that keeps saying Mario and Donald Duck will be in it, it'll be Nintendo exclusive, it'll be by Platinum Games, etc.), they're just talking out of their ass. YogaFlame24 hasn't said or hinted at ANYTHING but what is just in that one tweet, and a follow-up tweet about how everybody's been messaging him about it.

The only other things he said were responding to people saying that he trusts his source, but that's it.
>>
File: tumblr_nqvu72Ma7w1qzerseo1_500.jpg (174KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqvu72Ma7w1qzerseo1_500.jpg
174KB, 500x647px
Waiting for the return of my gal

SonSon
Kat
Gambit

Pole Strippers Team
>>
>>87498803
I'm still waiting for Marvel to do more AAA console games. I was happy that they announced a new Spider-Man game, but we haven't had any news on it in months.
>>
>>87481755
We've discussed rosters, we've discussed stages, we've discussed story mode. Now I want to discuss something else: ultimate attacks/hyper combos
For instance In the classic games Iron Man uses "Proton Cannon". I believe this should be replaced with Hulkbuster, Iron Legion or the Uni-Beam.
What are your ideas for ultimate attacks?
>>
>>87512064
I really doubt they're going to change much in regards to Iron Man, which is a shame, since him, Doom, and to an extent Magneto, all have movesets that don't quite seem to represent them properly, but they've had them for so many games that Capcom wouldn't change them.
>>
>>87481873

Is that Gravity? Does Marvel even use him?
>>
>>87512606
Doom's molecular Shield was based on an attack he used on Iron Man in Iron Man Vol.1 issue 149
>>
>>87512714
I know the moves weren't just made up from nothing, like how Iron Man's proton cannon came from a fight against Technovore, but they still don't really represent the character as a whole since they don't normally do those things. Its kind of like if Thor had that weird magnet trick he did on Loki back in Avengers issue 1.
>>
>>87512064
tbf Iron Man does use a hyped-up unibeam as his Level 3 in mvc3

Spider Man should get a hyper version of his Web Throw that doesn't suck
>>
Adding the Hulkbuster as a super should be fine, if they don't replace Proton Cannon.
>>
File: gravity deadpool.jpg (12KB, 236x210px) Image search: [Google]
gravity deadpool.jpg
12KB, 236x210px
>>87512641
Not often, but he still shows up every now and again. His most recent appearance was 2 years ago, he showed up to help the Young Avengers when they were fighting Mother. He's my favorite obscure d-lister.
>>
>>87511519
So... 1800 replies over nothing?
>>
Resident Evil & Street Fighter vs Zero X-Men, can't wait!
>>
File: time.jpg (382KB, 800x1057px) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
382KB, 800x1057px
>Marvel is extra popular these days, even the D-lister characters are getting movies and shows
>Capcom only has Street Fighter and Monster Hunter keeping it afloat and the Monster Hunter guys don't want their franchise involved in fighting games
>Capcom is no longer popular with casuals like it used to be, it's D-lister characters from lesser franchises haven't been touched in ages

I feel like Marvel should find a more worthy company for a Versus game.
>>
File: 180189-160537-kyosuke[1].jpg (15KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
180189-160537-kyosuke[1].jpg
15KB, 320x320px
>>87481755
Fightan fag here.
More a vidya/fightan guy than comics guy.

Aren't you guys afraid the Marvel roster is going to be 99% movie characters? Mahvel 3 made me discover Taskmaster and I fucking love the guy now after reading some of his comics.

Anyway, for my Crapcom side wishlist:

Megaman.exe
Viewtiful Joe
Nero(DMC4)
Kyosuke(Rival Schools and pic related)
Batsu(Rival Schools)

Mahvel:

Sentinel(It's tradition by this point)
Nightcrawler(I like Kurt)
Spidey(Because Spidey)
Beta Ray Bill(Because I fucking loved him after his origin and Godhunter storytime on /co/)

Can't think of more now.
Beta Ray Bill will probably never happen, maybe as a skin for Thor.
>>
>>87513491
This is my biggest fear about the game. Marvel has literally some of the best obscures, it would be a shame if they don't utilize them.
>>
>>87513491
Not at all. The last game split it right down the middle between obvious high profile characters and up and coming characters that weren't well know by casuals
>>
>>87513364
Who else are they going to go to? SNK? Arc Systems?
>>
>>87513491
I wouldn't mind if Beta Ray bill was a Ken akin to Thor being like a ryu.
>>
>>87513640

Marvel vs EA Sports
>>
>>87513640
>>87513364
Well if we're just going by the fighter with the most sales/casual recognition then that's probably Mortal Kombat now, but they're with DC. Maybe Tekken/Namco?
>>
>>87513729
Well, if we go with Namco, Soulcalibur is perfect crossover fodder.
>>
>>87513491
While it'd be a shame to lose out on some more interesting and obscure characters I think that given Marvel's recent track record with comics sticking with movie/show characters may be for the best. I mean it's not like there's any shortage of characters available now considering just how many have been adapted.
>>
>>87513491
>Nightcrawler(I like Kurt)
Nightcrawler would actually be pretty cool from a gameplay perspective thanks to his teleportation.
>>
>>87513654
I would agree, but Ken was axed from Mahvel3 for a reason. Skin/voicepack would be great though. Since from what i have seen he should be equal to Thor in powers right?

>>87513872
Well, I'd like to see Falcon be in there now that i think of it. Groot could be a fucking great "big body bruiser" they could even gave him grow vines and shit for zoning. Plus, Thanos is a thing again, so people might recognize him as "that evil guy from the marvel movies"

>>87513929
Yeah, I can already see him do some crazy teleport combos, or teleport mixups with asists and shit. Wesker had themlast time, but Nightcrawler could be more focused on them.
>>
>>87513654
make Bill's super similar to Storm's Lightning Storm/Silver Samurai's Raimeiken
>>
>>87483910
Sony forced their hand on that one.
>>
File: mvc_pinup_by_joverine-d58uikg.jpg (148KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
mvc_pinup_by_joverine-d58uikg.jpg
148KB, 612x612px
>>
File: 1446742021318.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1446742021318.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>87481895
they're never gonna go 2D ever again for their fighters
it to expensive to be done right like SF3, and normies don't appreciate good sprite work
best we can hope for are models as gorgeous as Guilty Gear Xrd
at least we can get good sfm
>>
>>87513364
Resident Evil 7 is coming out next year and REmake was a hit
>>
Hank Pym's lab could be a pretty fun stage, after reading Spencer's Ant-Man comic. It's inside the Ant-Man helmet, and could rep the series if none of the Ant-Men doesn't get in.

I could see the Rosanas version of Scott getting in, though. He could shrink to Viewtiful Joe size and become faster and harder to hit at the cost of damage, or go to Sentinel size and become harder-hitting. Then normal sized, where he can use ants. Or maybe they'll just use the movie costume, who knows. That's still pretty good.

A classic Pym costume and voicepack would be neat, too. Or skim over the two of them entirely and put in Eric O Grady, his suit seems perfectly built for a fighter.
>>
>>87516648
This is shockingly convincing.
>>
File: disdain.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
disdain.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>87516577
>Almost every piece of MvC fanart puts Tasky in his garbage tacticool Udon design
>>
>>87483719
who?
>>
>>87517322
That skull face looks retarded on him.
>>
>>87517367
Which is why it's so great. It also makes him look like a huge supervillain, which is the entire purpose of his "commit crimes to attract villain students" shtick.
>>
File: image.png (971KB, 620x549px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
971KB, 620x549px
>>87498156
>Shoma
>Alex
>Leon

Good fucking Taste my man
>>
File: 1477762707836.jpg (37KB, 583x566px) Image search: [Google]
1477762707836.jpg
37KB, 583x566px
>>87482252
>command normals Gene
>Asura with arm mechanics
>Iron Fist

I wouldn't need anyone else
>>
Years ago, some anon attempted a 4chan exclusive fanfiction based on MvC 3 to pass the time until the release of the game. He never finished it.
>>
>>87484089
MARVEL:
Asgard
Stark Tower
Sanctum Sanctorum
Wakanda
Mount Wundagore
Xandar
Atlantis
Savage Land
Cancerverse

CAPCOM:
Raccoon City
Castle Aensland
Metro City
Kazakh
Dr. Light's HQ
Monster Hunter
>>
>>87520560
So anyone up to the challenge?
>>
>>87520560
>>87521719
I don't really write, but it's always fun thinking about how the characters go about doing things and how stories unfold under new circumstances, especially considering some characters were taken from different times, chronologically. Like, Dante was lifted from DMC 3 (albeit, with stuff from past games), so that means after the plot of MvC 3 is over, the entirety of the Devil May Cry series would unfold differently and in this universe where there are many capable fighters.
>>
File: 1335104606122.jpg (384KB, 1280x614px) Image search: [Google]
1335104606122.jpg
384KB, 1280x614px
131 to go!
>>
>>87511519
Yes he has and we have already debunked that, it's real.
>>
>>87513118
No, what he said is false, it is only for the Switch
>>
What if there was some type of Marvel Zombies mode? How would that even work? Maybe the other team's health doesn't lower at all and you have to see how long you can last?
>>
Are we gonna get more of these little comics? They were fun.
>>
>>87525426
Hey, fuckhead. Stop ignoring people everytime they ask you for proof. Where's the exact tweets where he mentions the Switch, Mario, Platinum, or Donald Duck? Post the specific tweets instead of your usual "it's true, just trust me or you're delusional, seek help, lol". Because that shit ain't enough to convince anyone.
>>
>>87513491
I am. I don't wanna play Jessica Jones.
>>
File: mvsc4_roster1.png (1MB, 1944x3022px) Image search: [Google]
mvsc4_roster1.png
1MB, 1944x3022px
>people don't think this is the freshest roster of all time

This roster is clean af my boys
>>
>>87520560
Did anyone save what that anon wrote, or is this just an ancient 4chan legend by now?
>>
>>87528512
sadly the desuarchive goes only up to 2012
>>
>>87523998
And on a larger scale, at the time of release, the Marvel universe's last referenced event is that whole thing where Daredevil gets possessed, which places it behind a lot of bullshit. So right there there's a huge room for deviation.
>>
File: K R A V E N.jpg (359KB, 1053x1090px) Image search: [Google]
K R A V E N.jpg
359KB, 1053x1090px
How would Kraven play if by some weird twist of fate he actually got in?
>>
so /co/ who do you not want to be in it?
>>
>>87498323
>J. Jonah Jameson
How would he play? if hes in that robot suit ill take it
>>
File: latest.png (460KB, 728x1096px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
460KB, 728x1096px
possible candidate?
>>
I finished my Capcom side.
>>
>>87531239

Yes, please.
>>
>>87531239
I want Ibuki's feet in my face.
>>
>>87531239
She and Morrigan would get along well
>>
>>87528197
>x-23.

Eh, I feel like the game could do without her.
>>
>>87530705
Quicksilver, Black Panther, Jessica Jones, /any/ of the Agents of SHIELD characters, Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Silk, and Starlord.
>>
MvC 4 Intro 1: The Marvel flipbook intro starts then it cuts to channel being changed on an HDTV. We cut to Deadpool using the remote before getting a leftover chimchanga when a rocket destroys his fridge. He turns to see B.B. Hood. across the street from another building, her "basket" smoking. Then the Capcom logo appears and we see a montage of veterans and newcomers ready to fight.
>>
>>87531304
Sigma would be pretty amazing. Maybe they could squeeze in some quips about him stealing moves from Wolverine and Captain America.
>>
>>87531646
MvC 4 Intro 2: Asura is on the Moon and he sees a beaten Ingrid. Enraged, he sees the perpetrator of this heinous action: Thanos. He goes into his six-armed mode and charges at the Titan.
>>
>>87531799
>Asura white-knighting Ingrid
Imagine how pissed people would be
>>
>>87528197

>Tiffany Lords

So i'm not the only one who thought of this?
>>
File: 1462314783155.jpg (1MB, 1658x2041px) Image search: [Google]
1462314783155.jpg
1MB, 1658x2041px
The Guardians go to E.D.N. III
Featuring cozy Dante from the Devil May Cry series
>>
>>87510891
No, quite the opposite really, as for Sora they need to pay SquareEnix for the character.
>>
I want my niggas Howard and Machine Man in.
>>
>>87531873
or satisfied that she got curbstomped by Thanos
MvC 4 Intro 3: Zero is fighting Ultron and seems to have the upper hand. Then Ultron zaps him with an Encephalo Ray and poor Zero gets tormented with visions of killing Iris. Ultron moves in for the kill. Thankfully The Vision blasts his father with solar beam and helps to his feet. Unfortunately Sigma has arrived to assist Ultron as well. Four robots clash for the fate of men and machines.
>>
>>87532196
Frank West gets hired by the Daily Bugle, he and Peter feud but get caught up in an Umbrella zombie scheme.
>>
>>87512606
The only thing I'd to Doom is a magic attack or two.
>>
Meh. Even if this is being made, it won't have Storm, Magneto, X-23, Wolverine or Phoenix.

There will be a shit-ton of characters no one cares about, like Medusa and Carol Danvers.

Story will be about Marvel and Capcom fighting over that Iso-8 shit that's in every fucking Marvel thing.

Game will be awful.
>>
>>87513491
I think we'd still get some lesser known characters, but then they'd eventually be in a movie. We're at the point where we're starting to run out of good characters who haven't been in a movie/show.
>>
>>87532770
>Storm, Magneto, X-23, Wolverine or Phoenix.
Are you retarded
>>
>>87517152
They'd probably just use the modern Ant-Man costume from Spencer's run. It's close to the movie version but still retains some comic-y vibes.

I don't think they'd have Pym's voice for a Pym costume since Scott used to wear it.
>>
File: ww.png (874KB, 1320x872px) Image search: [Google]
ww.png
874KB, 1320x872px
>>87481961
nice try fag go back to /v/ and shitpost
>>
>>87532279
They actually wouldn't, since Disney 100% owns Sora and any other KH original characters.

But that's beside the point, and you're a fucking idiot. Stop bringing up Nintendo and Disney characters, and refer to this: >>87527173
>>
File: wonderinjustice.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wonderinjustice.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
>>87532817
That does look much better. If that's actually what the model looks like now, then I retract my statement. Though is it consistently like that or only sometimes? Because I swear I see pic related more often than what you uploaded.
>>
>>87529820
He'd probably be really good. In theory, he could be good at close range and long range. He'd probably have a lot of traps he could set on the stage too.

He'd probably be one of the best Spidey villains for a fighting game. Venom (obviously), Carnage, Kraven, Sandman & maybe Ock would be the best choices.
>>
File: ww.png (737KB, 1561x748px) Image search: [Google]
ww.png
737KB, 1561x748px
>>87532878
ok
>>
>>87532959
Alright. Bravo to Boon for learning from his mistakes, then. You've convinced me.
>>
File: ww 4.webm (931KB, 728x916px) Image search: [Google]
ww 4.webm
931KB, 728x916px
>>87532998
yap
>>
>>87532878
>Because I swear I see pic related more often than what you uploaded.

Yeah /v/ is to blame for that. They just completely refuse to acknowledge that NRS has actually gotten better over time. The most annoying part is that the constantly complain about devs who use bullshots and CG trailers to make their games look better than they actually do but then NRS shows a game as it actually is earlier in development that looks better over time and all they do is shitpost about it.
>>
>>87512641
Not since they stole the idea from me about a gravity manipulating Super and tossed him into the trash bin smorgasbord of New York
>>
>>87481755
I thought this shit was debunked already.
>>
>>87483266
>daughter of a demon
>expecting it to look attractive
>>
>>87533293
Was it? I know there's been people not believing, but not this getting definitively debunked.
>>
File: raven-873x1024.jpg (273KB, 873x1024px) Image search: [Google]
raven-873x1024.jpg
273KB, 873x1024px
>>87533339
Or, you know, she could just look like Raven.
>>
>>87528197
You're missing Akuma. He's a given because he's the reason we even have a Vs series and he's been in every installment (even if it's just form change ryu) so he's gotta be in it. I'd swap out Bison for him. But other than that this is a solid fucking list. Good job.
>>
No Dormammu, no buy

With that said, is it pretty much safe to say that all MCU heroes and villains except for Black Widow are in?
>>
File: 1456945690855.jpg (324KB, 606x862px) Image search: [Google]
1456945690855.jpg
324KB, 606x862px
>>87532770
>characters no one cares about, like Carol Danvers.
>>
Honest roster which i'd say is sure to happen

>Iron Man
>Spiderman
>Doc Strange
>Black Panther
>Vision
>Cap America
>Hawkeye
>Thor
>Hulk
>Rocket & Groot
>Iron Fist
>Daredevil
>Doctor Doom
>Magneto
>Ghost Rider
>Ultron
>Thanos
>Loki
>Dormammu
>Wolverine

>Ryu
>Chun-Li
>Dante
>Vergil
>Nero
>Chris Redfield
>Wesker
>Viewtiful Joe or Gene
>Phoenix Wright
>Megaman
>Monster Hunter
>>
>>87534766
>all MCU heroes and villains except for Black Widow are in?

There's far too many now for them all to get in. And I'm sure Marvel would want at least one or two of their more recent comic characters to get in and Capcom will likely want a couple oddball choices.
>>
>>87533339
>Demons are inherently unnatractive
>>
I don't normally play fighting games, so I looked up some stuff about Marvel vs Capcom 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3etU3oJLEaU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt1eqm4sFs8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS3AIP5F_fY

Holy shit, they're all literally perfect. That fucking Hawkeye/Antman crossover, Phoenix/Dark Phoenix, Taskmaster's everything, Ghost Rider's magical motorbike that attention to detail with Doctor Strange, literally everything about Doom, Deadpool's hitting people with their Hyper combos...

Jesus christ, it's like a loveletter. I hope they do the trailers again this time.
>>
>>87535251
Marvel was very VERY hands-on with how all the characters were portrayed, a Capcom guy said it was maddening how anal the Marvel people were about the exact hand gestures and glyphs used for Strange, but I guess it paid off in the end.
>>
Why are you guys so sure that MvC4 will likely happen?

Didn't Capcom lose the rights to make more Marvel shit since >Disney?
>>
>>87534869
UMvC3 had 15 newcomers for Marvel and 16 for Capcom (17, if you count the completely different Jill), so out of a roster of 50 characters, only 17 of them were returning.

Why does everyone in wishlists like this play so coy with new characters? I want the minimum possible of returning character for both sides, let's see something new.
>>
>>87535330
There's a pretty reliable leaker guy saying so and Marvel's new head of videogames is actively looking to put out more non-phone big budget Marvel games out there, hence Spider-Man PS4.

It's mostly wishful thinking, really.
>>
>>87535330
Disney/Marvel has turned around on that. They killed Disney Infinity and are outsourcing to other devs again like with the Insomniac Spiderman game.
>>
>>87535330
I honestly hope it isn't. Give me Capcom vs Shounen Jump or a TVC2. Hell, just a full blown Capcom vs Namco game would be GODLIKE.
>>
File: UMvC3.jpg (1MB, 1454x1240px) Image search: [Google]
UMvC3.jpg
1MB, 1454x1240px
>>87535344
Because a big part of the rosters changing so much was because of how different 3 was from 2. 2 was mostly reused assets with the majority of characters being from SF and X-Men and others getting in due to them being popular at the time. Most of the Marvel cast from 3 is still relevant now so it makes sense for a lot of them to come back and Capcom has made like 2 new IPs since MvC3 came out. Cutting the likes of MODOK or Super Skrull in favor of say Loki pr Ultron would make sense but I think the majority will stick around.
>>
>>87535344

I would honestly be completely happy to see zero returning characters

Every space that goes to Iron Man with giant proton blasters or Magneto with laser hands is a space that could have gone to someone actually like their comic book character
>>
>>87535369
Problem is that if SFV is any indication of Capcom's financial state they need a sugar daddy with deep pockets to make a game like this and Disney/Marvel fits the bill better than anyone else.
>>
>>87535392
>Only Ruby, Amingo and Sonson were made brand new for MvC2
Christ, Capcom.
>>
>>87535396
No, fuck off.
>>
>>87535396
I mean, on the Marvel side you need Spider-Man, Cap and Iron Man, maybe Deadpool now because these are weird weird times, and Capcom needs to have AT LEAST Ryu.

Everyone else can sit one out, tbqh. Maybe Doom gets a free pass as a series mainstay.
>>
File: CwqLPeoWQAEKC22.jpg large.jpg (250KB, 640x932px) Image search: [Google]
CwqLPeoWQAEKC22.jpg large.jpg
250KB, 640x932px
>>87535477

Yeah I mean I'm not a lunatic who thinks they'd ever leave out the big gun Avengers and characters that are popular everywhere or anything, I just think they should put more focus on getting new stuff in there and putting original spins on what ones do return.

And not sucking tourneyfag dick, those guys will take about a month to decide the game isn't their precious MvC2 and sucks just like they did with 3.
>>
>>87535542
I know this is heretic to say, but putting in Falcon as Captain America would be a great opportunity to do that. Just remix Cap's traditional playstyle with increased air maneuverability and the ability to call in Redwing as a striker.
>>
File: bth_CryingLuigi_zpscd768251.gif (2MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
bth_CryingLuigi_zpscd768251.gif
2MB, 280x210px
Why bother? The rosters on each/one side is probably gonna be ass with certain characters missing like 3.

At least Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom had almost all the necessary characters including (a) Megaman, though Speed Racer and the Samurai Pizza Cats were MIA.
>>
>>87535598

That's kinda of what I feel. Put in all new stuff, let people change the appearances back to classic versions with the alt costumes and such

also "All New Marvel vs Capcom" would be a better name than MvC4
>>
>>87535628
>All New Marvel vs Old & Busted Capcom
>>
>>87535330
the licenses expired so the rights reverted, but Marvel-Mouse earlier this year shut down all their non mobage game depertments and declared that they're looking to just license shit again, with Insomniac Spider-Man being the flagship of the change in procedure and the Ultimate Alliance games being put on PSN being a show of good faith, albeit with the fuckers charging twice what they are worth
>>
File: ClbM89hUYAAftOQ.jpg (110KB, 738x479px) Image search: [Google]
ClbM89hUYAAftOQ.jpg
110KB, 738x479px
>>87535665
>>
>>87535693
>Ultimate Alliances ports being a sign of good faith
Aren't those broken beyond belief?
>>
realistically, how much would it increase the production cost if they had certain alt outfits have their own voice actor and dialogue? So, say, 'Iron Man' has one skin depicted as and voiced as Riri, one as Tony, and one as Infamous Doom? a Miles Spider-Man and a Peter? A Deadpool and a Gwenpool?
Or to put it differently, if the game has forty playable movesets, how much extra would it increase the cost to have fifty voices?
>>
>>87535600
TvC did it best with the most popular franchises from each company getting 3 reps while everyone else was just single.

It was the best representation Capcom had too, with all 3 main Mega Man series and all 3 Street Fighter games represented.
>>
>>87535736
Warner Bros. did it with John Stewarts and Stephen Amell in Injustice and Carl Weathers in MKX so I guess it's feasible to do it on Dianey money, although Capcom never did anything of this sort.
>>
>>87535736
That's more a Injustice/Mortal Kombat thing, Capcom has never done anything like that.
>>
>>87531596
there is nothing wrong with Star Lord
>>
>>87529820
a bit like X-23 in that he'd have lots of pounce moves, but with more grapple moves and some spear moves
>>
I imagine the plot will largely be inspired by Secret Wars, taking place on a Battleworld
>>
>>87513491
I wouldn't mind the Marvel side being 80% movie characters. that still gives
>Cap
>Iron Man
>Hulk
>Thor
>Hawkeye
>Black Widow
>Vision
>Quickslav
>Scarlet Witch
>Spider-Man
>Ant-Man
>Dr Strange
>Winter Soldier
>Falcon
>Starlord
>Stane
>Whiplash
>Loki
>Ultron
>Wasp
>Ronan
>Dormammu
>Batroc the Leaper
>Red Skull
>Baron Zemo
plus others to choose from. And quite a few of those are characters who've not been in a prior MvC that I'd enjoy playing as. Especially since they'd likely be more based on their comic version and just have their MCU outfit as an alt
>>
>>87513640
>Arc Sys
honestly that would probably go down pretty damn well. Not just for its own sake but Arcsys fans have been itching for a Guilty Gear vs Blaz Blue game for a while themselves so it would also scratch that itch
>>
The only thing that depresses me about the possibility of MVC4 is that I know my baby, Phoenix, probably won't be in it.
>>
>>87512064
I vote Iron Legion
>>
>>87535910
>Batroc
I want it.
>>
>>87529820
Basic rushdown, area denial traps, maybe a lunging command grab, spear throw. One of his supers is shooting lasers out of the eyes of his lion vest
>>
>>87535836

Cool, that means Cyclops can die in the opening cinematic
>>
>>87535961
I wouldn't count out teen Jean thoug

Although I dropped the main book she's in a while ago so I don't know how often now she uses her new powers
>>
>>87535801
>There's nothing wrong with memelord.

Ftfy
>>
>>87483960
8/10
>>
>>87481797
>Spider-man (peter)
>Black Cat
>Mania
>ANGR
>Doc Strange
>Thor
>Cyclops
>Deadpool
>Wolverine
>Carol
>Iron Man
>Dormammu
>Doom
>Batroc
>Cap

>Zero
>Protoman
>Tronbonne
>Leon
>Nemesis
>Monster Hunter
>Dante
>Ryu
>Chun Li
>Asura
>Gene
>Katt
>Scissorman (Clocktower)
>Hagar
>Morrigan
>Dimitri
>Archer (Fate/UC)
>Giorno (GioGio's Bizarre Adventure)
>>
>>87536069
she is very specifically not a phoenix host (yet?), so has no fire powers, just telekinesis and telepathy
If she does get in she'd better have a Xorna alt because the only way I can tolerate her is as a villain
>>
File: 4857034734.jpg (71KB, 313x469px) Image search: [Google]
4857034734.jpg
71KB, 313x469px
>>87536188

Yeah but young Jean has her psychokinetic powers that the original never had which gives her a lot of power to play with

Assuming she still has them
>>
>>87536412
she still has them but mostly just reads minds without permission, gets offended when other people read her mind without permission, fucks with people's sexuality, and generally acts like a sociopath on a power trip

for the love of god someone please stop Bendis from getting work
>>
>>87535736
If this was an NRS game it would probably cost quite a bit because of all the lines every character gets but if we go by MvC3 then all it would require is the VAs to shout move names. You could probably reuse some grunts and use VAs that are already voicing others to voice the costumes, but regardless of cost I think it's probably unlikely beyond femThor, Miles and maybe FalconCap.
>>
>>87535628
>also "All New Marvel vs Capcom" would be a better name than MvC4
Save that name for the inevitable 2nd version of the game. "All New Marvel vs Capcom 4"
>>
>>87535736
NRS has done that with Injustice and hell even Nintendo did it with Smash Bros., but who can say if Capcom would try it? Lately Capcom's really been cutting corners with presentation, if SFV is any indication.

Boy, I really hope Marvel is able to keep Capcom in check and we actually don't have clipping and wonky hair physics all the over the place.
>>
>>87482770
You could maybe use this excuse for any other character EXCEPT wonder woman. She was literally sculpted to perfection from clay by a god. She is suppose to be the most attractive woman in the dc universe. She is the one character SHOULD look uncannily perfect.
>>
>>87537125
wonder woman's origins have been retconned so often that her current book is about sifting through the retcons to try and make sense of it all
>>
>>87537125
But she's not even the most beautiful woman in the comics themselves, most other DC ladies look just as good if not better than her. Plus it's completely ridiculous to expect them to create a perfect female specimen, especially since the faces of the characters are based on their facial mocap actors who are real non-perfect humans.
>>
>>87537211
Some random skyrim missed a can make attractive faces with pre existing tools for free while paid artists at netherrealms are too lazy or unskilled to spend a few hours doing the same with presumably more customized and powerful tools?
>>
>>8753729
*Skyrim modder
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (425KB, 2421x1362px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
425KB, 2421x1362px
>>87537294
Boy, they weren't kidding, you faggots DO want porcelain doll faces, please go outside, your parents and I are worried.
>>
>>87537358
The bijin series does it better
>>
File: thoughts.png (3MB, 1458x1734px) Image search: [Google]
thoughts.png
3MB, 1458x1734px
Rate my roster /co/.
>>
>>87537563
>Nilin would make a great Marvel character
>It'll never happen because the game flopped so hard it didn't even get a cult following like the Clover stuff
>And now Dontnod and Capcom aren't friends anymore
>>
File: CoHge4CUMAASB7O.jpg (107KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CoHge4CUMAASB7O.jpg
107KB, 1024x768px
>>87535600
Samurai Pizza Cats was still a dormant IP at the time. It hadn't been touched in a decade and a half. It wasn't until a few years after TvC that someone somewhere decided it was commercially viable again. Then suddenly we got DVD releases all over the globe, an official book, new toys, Crunchyroll streaming, a localization of the aforementioned book, more new toys...
>>
>>87534490
No one cares about your funny book.
>>
>>87534766
Why no Black Widow? She's probably one of the most likely newcomers. She could have a decent moveset desu.
>>
>>87535542
>And not sucking tourneyfag dick, those guys will take about a month to decide the game isn't their precious MvC2 and sucks just like they did with 3.

Literally no one did that. This isn't Smash.
>>
>>87535628
>/co/mblr
>>
>>87535344
The difference between Marvel to Marvel 3 & Marvel 3 to a possible Marvel 4 is that Marvel hasn't changed much this time around.

From 2 to 3, you had a ton of characters becoming big characters. But most of the characters who were in 3 are still popular/relevant now. There's 7 must have characters now that were in MvC3 (Spidey/Iron Man/Cap/Deadpool/Wolverine/Thor/Hulk) & 3 more that are close to being must haves (Storm/Doom/Magneto). That's 10 characters on the roster already taken up.

I think it'd be better to spice up some of the Marvel character's outdated/shit movesets like Iron Man & Thor.
>>
>>87539429
>That's 10 characters on the roster already taken up.
they could always
just
have a bigger roster
>>
>>87539429
Making Thor not suck shit other than one incredibly amusing special WOULD be nice.

>>87539489
Whoa, let's not get crazy, Anon. That's a lotta work and this is Capcom we're talking about. Also, UMvC3 already had 50 characters, considering we live in a world where people complain that Tekken has TOO MANY characters, more might be a problem.
>>
>>87539489
That would just make the game even longer and more expensive to develop. And game budgets are already ridiculous these days.
>>
>>87539538
>That would just make the game even longer and more expensive to develop
reuse mvc3 assets and limit the quality of new assets to the same standard. boom. mvc2 had assets from like five games prior so its not like it;s beneath them
>>
>>87539568
That's because MvC2 was a last ditch effort from a dying studio. And nowadays people are way, way more critical about reusing assets than they were back then.
>>
File: 2011-2016.png (3MB, 1199x1568px) Image search: [Google]
2011-2016.png
3MB, 1199x1568px
>>87539429
>The difference between Marvel to Marvel 3 & Marvel 3 to a possible Marvel 4 is that Marvel hasn't changed much this time around.

I mean, it did, if Marvel really had the balls to stick up to their new agenda and make the game about the characters they're pushing.
>>
>>87535446
Wasn't Jill Valentine and her character brand new for it? Or do you mean OCs for the game?
>>
File: morrigan sprite.jpg (598KB, 656x964px) Image search: [Google]
morrigan sprite.jpg
598KB, 656x964px
>>87539613
>>
>>87539642
>implying Sagat in CvS2 wasn't worse
At least Morrigan had animation. Sagat was flipbook.
>>
>>87539614
Well that would imply that the comics actually matter instead of movies. Some of them will obviously be costumes for the real characters but no matter how up their own ass they've gotten even Marvel isn't retarded enough to think that replacing all their mascots with these upstarts in a mascot fighter would be a good idea.
>>
>>87539633
Yeah, Jill, Hayato, Tron Bonne/Servbot, Cable and Marrow are originals of that game too.
>>
>>87539613
>nowadays people are way, way more critical about reusing assets than they were back then.
blaz blue has been reusing assets out the wazoo and no one cares
>>
>>87539721
The Blazblue audience has low standards, if they hadn't they wouldn't be the Blazblue audience.
>>
>>87539721
>>87539746
Reusing assets between games allowed us to keep every character from start to finish, retards.
>>
I'd honestly be perfectly okay with reusing assets from UMvC3 if the roster's twice as big. I don't even give a fuck how unbalanced it'd be.
>>
Fifth thread when?
>>
Ultimate Marvel 3 had the right idea of using obscure characters like Pheonix Wright and Rocket Raccoon. Use more characters like that.
>>
>>87540762
Now.
>>87540896
>>87540896
>>87540896
>>87540896
>>
>>87537563
Pretty solid desu. I can see something similar being the roster based on some of the odder choices in MvC3.
>>
>>87539721
That's because no one actually cares about Blaz Blue.
>>
>>87539614
Movies > shitty nu comics

The roster will be MCU characters, a couple X-Men, maybe Doom & some B/C listers Capcom found that they like (Like Taskmaster, Skrull, She-Hulk & Dormammu in MvC3).
Thread posts: 505
Thread images: 95

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.