[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Admit it, you're a little worried.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 93

File: 1478297303129.webm (3MB, 1920x790px) Image search: [Google]
1478297303129.webm
3MB, 1920x790px
Admit it, you're a little worried.
>>
>>87478322
That she'll live?
>>
>>87478322
I'm pretty sure bullets travel faster than a person can turn their head
>>
>>87478322
That bullet would hit the wall far before she would have hit it. Apparently she's swinging as fast as a bullet.

Also yeah I'm extremely worried this will be garbage like the rest of the DCEU movies and I really hope it's not.
>>
Gal looks like a potato. They should have given this to Kathryhn Bigelow, she knows how to direct action, and give it impact.
>>
>>87478322
>Admit it, you're a little worried.

No, I'm confident it will be terrible.
>>
>>87478374

>Apparently she's swinging as fast as a bullet.

And of all the fake bullshit in these movies, this is the part you take exception with
>>
>>87478491
Here comes this argument again for the billionth time
>>
So is she the only one who can Max Payne bullet time the world? Otherwise, the swinging amazon would just have fired an arrow at the bullet to deflect it and she wouldn't have been shot. So either the trailer is showing plot holes(just like After Earth did) or she's a super duper mary sue amazon.
>>
>>87478322

Can bullets even penetrate Amazonian skin? Or WW an exception compared to all of them? Hell, is WW even bulletproof in this movie?
>>
>>87478568
She wouldn't block bullets with her wrist shit if she was bullet proof senpai
>>
>>87478466
>No, I'm confident it will be terrible.

This post deserves a gold star, well done.
>>
File: wonder woman.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
Of course I'm a little worried. There are so many factors into this that make me more than a little worried. The whole thing is based off a story written by Zack Snyder, for one thing. The movie has changed writers a bunch of times, at one point being written by the dude who wrote Pan. WB is being WB again and possibly re-editing the movie so that it's a series of flashbacks for some reason. Gal Gadot's acting looks incredibly wooden and her accent is terrible. On top of all that, it's a DCEU movie. The CGI and some of the shots look really bad.

I'm hoping that in spite of all of that, it turns out alright, as the first good DCEU movie. I believe in Patty Jenkins' directing ability, unlike Snyder's. And some of the cinematography looks visually stunning, which is odd, because some of it looks really cheap and shitty, too.

I'm really hoping that I end up surprised.
>>
>>87478367
Actually one of Wonder Woman's lesser know abilities is her power to pivot her head at 2,700 feet per second
>>
>>87478585

That's true. I haven't seen BvS so I didn't know if she was invunerable or not against Doomsday.
>>
>>87478605
This sums up how I want to feel. I go into every movie hoping that my skepticism is bullshit and I often walk away somewhat pleased but goddamn, this series is just sucking so hard.

>>87478625
She should tie the lasso of truth to her hair and make it a flail.
>>
>>87478640
>This sums up how I want to feel. I go into every movie hoping that my skepticism is bullshit and I often walk away somewhat pleased but goddamn, this series is just sucking so hard.
It's probably the one example of anything I can think of, where they get some details right, but overall, miss the point of whatever they're adapting - where some bits of a particular movie will be good, but the movie overall kinda sucks. And the only thing I can think of where something that is so obviously terrible gets so many defenders who insist that it's better than the (much superior) competition, or in BvS' case, the only movie I can think of that's really fucking stupid and bad, yet somehow all its defenders act like it's some great underappreciated masterpiece and a true work of art the likes of which cinema hasn't seen since the French New Wave or something.

It's such an utterly bizarre, baffling situation on every front.
>>
>>87478322

>instead of swinging in like a person who actually adheres to the laws of physics to some degree, the amazon holds a perfect pose at an unnatural angle wholly unaffected by gravity as she seamlessly rotates downward in a manner shat shouldn't be physically possible due to where she jumped from and where the anchor line attached to the cliff face

I am worried, yes. Just a little.
>>
>>87478714
>where some bits of a particular movie will be good, but the movie overall kinda sucks
Like Twilight. This is exactly what Twilight was.
>>
File: i've had enough.jpg (137KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
i've had enough.jpg
137KB, 803x688px
>>87478605
>The whole thing is based off a story written by Zack Snyder, for one thing.
>story
>Snyder
Hahahaha, serves me right for having any hope at all.
>>
I don't even care anymore dbh pham
I'll see it probably and I just won't care either way
What happened to me
>>
>>87478752
I never saw any of the Twilight movies, so I always feel a little guilty whenever I just talk about how much Twilight sucked but then I'm also entirely confident that those movies were really bad. The books, too.
>>
>>87478626

She was.

Just don't think about it.
>>
>>87478585
Pretty sure Doomsday hits harder than a WW2 era rifle, even accounting for the reduced impact surface area.
>>
>>87478786
As someone who read the books and watched the movies(I gave them an earnest chance), they were basically 95% shit. The only good parts were the fight in the end(which they fucked by making a dream sequence) and all of the parts that happened a hundred years before Bella was ever born. That's it, two flashbacks and a dream were all that didn't suck.
>>
>>87478322
>Admit it, you're a little worried.

Not really, since I doubt I'll even see it. I love Wonder Woman, but this movie looks like a train wreck.
>>
File: 1431121178550.png (1MB, 836x1335px) Image search: [Google]
1431121178550.png
1MB, 836x1335px
Why would I be worried that an abortion isn't breathing?

At this point it's more likely that they'll finally stop making superhero movies than make a good superhero movie, and you fucking know this shit isn't ending in this decade.
>>
>>87478786
I read one of the books so I could have proper justification of making fun of them. The average 4chan post is more well-thought out. I don't even have words for how bad Twilight was.
>>
>>87478827
I'm entirely comfortable with taking your word for it, anon. I don't want to waste a bunch of my hours reading/watching something that I know I probably won't enjoy.
>>
>>87478714
That's the power of the brand, baby. If this was an original IP, people would call out these movies for the shit they are.
>>
>>87478866
You're totally right. I'd feel the same, but I waste a lot of my time already.
>>
>>87478867
Dude, what really bugs me is how a lot of DCEU fans don't even like or read superhero comics. That shit bugs the hell out of me. That they actually genuinely love these versions of all these characters that all the movies so far have kind of shat on up to this point. It's baffling and disturbing, as a big fan of DC.
>>
>>87478796

Fine fine. But I'm gonna think about you instead.
>>
>>87478904
Normies anon, no matter how much they pretend they're into "geek culture" and all that shit the vast majority of them will never read a single comic in their life.
>>
Not really because if fucking Doctor Strange got good reviews because it looked pretty despite the weak script then I'm going to side eye certain reviews if this gets poor reviews.
>>
>>87478436
>Gal looks like a potato.
a hot potato
>>
File: 12343242141234.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
12343242141234.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>87479045
>A superhero film getting bad reviews in 2016
Oh anon, you sweet naive child
>>
>>87478322
>wooooaaah epic sloooow mooooo

Can this asshole stop recreating 300 over and over again for fuck's sake

He probably isn't even directing this but his style just HAS to be everywhere in the DCEU
>>
>>87479014
I know tons of people IRL who do just that.

It actively annoys me that there are people out there who ride Snyder's dick so much but when you bring up the subject of the actual comics to them, they're just like, "I don't read comic books." Or, "I don't read superhero comics." These people have such little respect for the source material that it's ridiculous. They probably look at every change Snyder has made and talk about how "genius" it is or how things as they are in the comics would "never" work in a real, actual movie.
>>
>>87479093
Zac is a slowmosexual.
>>
>>87479082
>what is Batman v Superman

>>87479093
>He probably isn't even directing this but his style just HAS to be everywhere in the DCEU
God, I hate this shit so much. That's what immediately struck me when they first showed footage of this movie. I think it's going to be hilarious as fuck if, after so many DCEUfags have said that every movie is going to have its own distinct style through its director, most DCEU movies just end up aping Snyder's style. How hypocritically stupid they'll look then.

But I do hope that they move away from this after this movie and I do hope that every movie does look different visually. I don't want an Aquaman movie that tries its hardest to be a Snyder film. Thankfully, Suicide Squad did its own thing, even though it wasn't that good.
>>
>>87479160
>what is Batman v Superman
A miserable pile of secretions.
>>
File: Morrison a shit.jpg (304KB, 1620x964px) Image search: [Google]
Morrison a shit.jpg
304KB, 1620x964px
>>87478491
>>
>>87479095
Well, what I find funny here are the people who try to argue these movies are straight out of the comics and then when you try to argue otherwise and you prove them wrong they resort to referring to you as a "not muh" fag. It's really quite humorous the amount of reaching they try to pull to defend these movies.
>>
>>87479095
The issue is that movies are extremely easily accessible and seen as a social event more than anything else to the average person, people don't go to the theatre to watch a film they really want to see, they go to hang out with friends, so of course the movie with the most commercials and biggest poster gets the most attention (hence why going to the theatre alone is so frowned upon).

Meanwhile comics require investment of time, money, and since they can only really be enjoyed alone they're something you have to be genuinely interested in to check out because you're not just doing it to kill time with your pals.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (67KB, 628x743px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
67KB, 628x743px
How the fuck was she able to stay in that position while swinging like that with the rope?

Like wtf

Also, the CGI is Fant4stic-trailer tier. Hope it get's better
>>
>>87479213
the point of that story isnt who pumps the tires though you fucking retard
>>
wow... I havent seen sucha cringeworthy trailer in a very loooooong time.
>>
File: batfleck.png (723KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
batfleck.png
723KB, 1280x854px
Why would I be worried? I'm positive this movie will be complete garbage. They hired someone who can't act to play their flagship female hero. They have no fucking clue what they're doing.
>>
Reminder that Wonder Woman is killing good German men fighting for the innocent German Empire.

You shouldn't be cheering as she effortlessly puts an arrow in a German's neck and causes them to choke on their own blood.
>>
>>87479093
He did bankroll development.

Without the Snyders there would be no DCEU; if he'd chosen to walk away with his $68m in 2013, WB would just have made something else instead, unless someone else came in with a proposal and paid to develop it.

>but WB is a major studio

yeah, learn how those actually work, bucko
>>
>>87478728
If it were a marvel movie, you'd have zero problems with it
>>
>>87479265
immaterial

the batmobile's tires are pumped by Superman and Batman, Morrison is wrong and the foundation of his argument - if you want to accept it as an actual argument and not just weak sophistry - is so flawed that it has no real basis
>>
>>87478322
ok i loved her in bvs but now i see why people say she cant act whats that fucking facial expression
did she use magic to become a better actor for bvs and it all ran out.
>>
File: jQ0WXsi.png (296KB, 564x739px) Image search: [Google]
jQ0WXsi.png
296KB, 564x739px
>>87479317
>someone criticizes a DC film
>yeah but MARVEL

Like clockwork
>>
>>87479281
Don't worry, I'm certain they'll make all the German's basically Nazi-tier bad guys because grey vs. grey moralities are scary for film makers.
>>
>>87479220
I hate that shit so fucking much, man.

Okay, like correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it a general rule that Batman NEVER fucking kills in pretty much almost every version of the character? And then after BvS came out, so many people came out of the wood works to say, "NUH-UH! YOU GUYS DON'T GET IT, SEE! BATMAN KILLS ALL THE FUCKING TIME! ALL. THE. FUCKING. TIME! DON'T YOU GET SNYDER'S GENIUS!?"

They do this with Superman too. "Yeah, hey, I know most Superman stories have been optimistic and fun, with a real sense of wonder to amaze you in crazy ways and all that, but here's this ONE story that was super depressing and had Superman take on real world threats. Don't you get it? You just had your own idea of what Superman was like."

What really gets me is when these people say, "Read a comic sometime." It's like, really?

>>87479236
Yeah, I know man. Being a "fan" these days is all a commodity, just something that people use to gain respect in certain social circles and to gain fans. People absorb whatever's popular just to be cool these days. It's really frustrating as someone who's been there for awhile, been a huge fan of comics and whatnot. It's genuinely rare to meet anyone who's into the same shit as me and that makes things lonely sometimes.
>>
>>87479326
>better actor for BvS

What acting? She didn't have a character in BvS so you couldn't notice her acting because there was none. She was a walking commercial for her solo movie.
>>
>>87478605
this is pretty much my thoughts
i would say im not so much causisly optimistic as hopefully pesimistic
>>
>>87479289
>>but WB is a major studio
>yeah, learn how those actually work, bucko
Wow you sure told me about something I didn't say and didn't care to discuss.
>>
>>87478322
Nah, it actually looks better than I had hoped.
>>
File: Diana Watches BvS.jpg (31KB, 368x413px) Image search: [Google]
Diana Watches BvS.jpg
31KB, 368x413px
>>87478322
>a little worried
Nigga, the moment they cast Gadot, I knew it'd be shit. She was the worst part of a fucking Fast & Furious movie. Think about that.

The whole on-set rewrites thing and who were actually credited with the script and the fact that it still falls under Snyder's watch were just icing on the cake.

The thing that really rubs my ass raw is I'm probably one of the few anons that actually reads and loves the Wonder Woman character.

Oh well. At least the comics are good again.
>>
>CGI out the whazoo

Literally why?
>>
File: Hello Darkness My Old Friend.jpg (36KB, 869x869px) Image search: [Google]
Hello Darkness My Old Friend.jpg
36KB, 869x869px
>>87478605
>I believe in Patty Jenkins' directing ability, unlike Snyder's.
And I believed in Ayer's directing ability.

And then Suicide Squad came out.
>>
>>87478585
>She wouldn't block bullets with her wrist shit if she was bullet proof senpai
>>87478814
>Pretty sure Doomsday hits harder than a WW2 era rifle, even accounting for the reduced impact surface area.
Yep. Unless she was somehow weaker in WW1, she should be able to deflect artillery shells with her nose. We are talking about her going toe to toe with someone who has Cryptonian strength, nothing in WW1 should have even bothered her.
>>
>>87479399
>they cast the worst actor in the Fast & Furious franchise

Holy shit, that really says it all
>>
>>87479372
i really loved her in the plane scene
>>
>>87479317
Different guy here. I can see the difference.

It's a tad easier to ignore the defying laws of physics for badassery if we're expecting quality in other aspects.

I.E. In Avengers do we really expect Hawkeye to be so useful against alien power-armor as it was shown he was? Where bullets were not nearly as effective? (Fairly certain he wasn't using HE warheads the entire time). No, and we can all agree it's bullshit. BUT we can GLOSS over it because a lot of the stuff surrounding it is enjoyable.

So far, though, Wonder Woman hasn't given us anything enjoyable to allow us to give stuff like super-rope-swinging a pass. With nothing GOOD to distract us we will nitpick this thing down to the bones. Because that's all there is to nitpick. Shitty bones.
>>
>>87479281
>Reminder that Wonder Woman is killing good German men fighting for the innocent German Empire.
Especially since these men can't hurt her. It just is very hard to justify her murdering people who are no threat to her person, that isn't self defence at all.
>>
>>87478585
>Letting bullets hit you and ricochet off you wildly
>Not deflecting them skillfully and with purpose

I hate /tv/ so much
>>
AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHHAHAHHA

HHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DC, YOU HAVE OUTDONE YOURSELVES
>>
>>87478322
Why is the colour grading in DC films so awful looking?
>>
>>87479423
the problems there were editorial and you know it.

lthough having deadshot take his mask off all the god dam time was likely from the director as i doubt it came from higher up and if the director was not ok with it it would have stoped at the writers room.
>>
>>87479477
Because it's GRITTY and R E A L I S T I C to make everything look like shit
>>
>>87479399
>Nigga, the moment they cast Gadot, I knew it'd be shit. She was the worst part of a fucking Fast & Furious movie. Think about that.
I STILL don't get this casting decision. Who the fuck watched those movies and thought, "This woman needs to be Wonder Woman?" She was utterly forgettable. On top of being a shitty actress, she has no star power. She has no charisma. Audiences don't care about Gal Gadot at all. When I told people IRL who they'd cast as WW, most people had no idea who the fuck I was talking about. That's how bad this shit is.

>The thing that really rubs my ass raw is I'm probably one of the few anons that actually reads and loves the Wonder Woman character.
I'm right there with you. I'm one of the few people I know IRL who loves the character. I'm cautiously optimistic but it's just so sad that a WW movie had to be like this.

>>87479423
See, that's exactly what I mean. Suicide Squad had every reason to be good and it ended up being mediocre at fucking best, and that's being kind.

Never underestimate WB's ability to screw over their own movies. Although even then, a lot of the writing was pretty questionable, too. Why the fuck did Ayer go with a shitty save the world plot? Fucking WHY?

I do hope the inevitable sequel is that much better.
>>
>>87479426
I think I might've read somewhere she would be discovering how her powers work in the movie or she was indeed somehow weaker in WW1. Or maybe that was just a fan theory or rumor, I can't recall.
>>
>>87478585
back in sensation comics it was one of her favorite games
of course back then she was not bulletproof
>>
File: 1477206298796.png (238KB, 591x447px) Image search: [Google]
1477206298796.png
238KB, 591x447px
>>87479452
This reminds me of Bitch Wonderwoman from the Flashpoint Paradox movie.

Jesus Christ have I never hated Aquaman and Wonder Woman more.

Like, ever.

Plus big ol' issue with the movie there. Wonder Woman was generally nice even before she met other people. As a person I don't think she'd ever condone world-wide genocide...

Also; bullshit that the entirety of earth is decimated in a war between Atlantis and the Amazonians. Human inginuity + the shit DC has access to would've atleast stalemated the assholes. ESPECIALLY since the heroes AND villains of the surface world are working together.
>>
>>87479453
Or she could just dodge.
>>
>>87479452
Honestly it would have made more sense to have her be killing Nazi's but then they would have looked too similar to Captain America. It's almost like they shouldn't have made her a hundred years old.
>>
>>87479489
The best part is I'm certain we were already transitioning away from Brown and Gritty lately. Even Battlefield 1, being the grittiest and dirtiest, is a lot more colorful.

DC - Staying behind the times!
>>
>>87479522
wait do you auctualy want young wonder woman
i say if anything make her 500 years old
>>
>>87479531
True. DC is stuck in 2007 with the brown n' bloom of Gears of War

Which means 10 years from now the DC movies will finally be colorful and no one will have sleeves
>>
>>87479522
Fucking this so much.

They never really needed to go in the "actually thousands of years old" angle in the first place.

>>87479535
>wait do you auctualy want young wonder woman
WW has almost always been about as old as Batman or Superman in most versions. It makes a lot more sense than, "This immortal young woman was comfortable staying on the hidden island of Themyscira for millennia but suddenly wanted to leave because reasons."
>>
>>87479482
Bullshit. The script itself was a mess. From what it sounds like Ayer submitted a first draft and they just said fuck it, lets film it now.
>>
>>87479574
I read something about the script being written in a very short amount of time, can't remember how much though. A few weeks or something
>>
>>87479574
They wrote the script in like 6 weeks. Truly they did not give a single fuck about quality control, they wanted this thing rushed out as fast as humanly possible.
>>
>>87479574
It was still a good movie.
>>
>>87479567
>WW has almost always been about as old as Batman or Superman in most versions. It makes a lot more sense than, "This immortal young woman was comfortable staying on the hidden island of Themyscira for millennia but suddenly wanted to leave because reasons."
And in some ways, I am trying to imagine the poor soldiers she is fighting against. To them, SHE is their own personally Doomsday. An unstoppable monster out to end the world as they know it.

I know I am being unfair. I am judging without seeing. But I have not much faith that Warner wouldn't accidentally make us feel bad for what Wonderwoman is about to do to hundreds of young conscripted men, who didn't want to be there to begin with,
>>
File: 555.jpg (20KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
20KB, 500x313px
>>87479640
>It was still a good movie.
>>
>>87479650
Did you ever watch it?
>>
>>87478336

She won't live.

She'll bomb.
>>
>>87478322
This movie will literally bomb outside of North America and the anglosphere. I'm talking Al Qaeda levels of bombing. Holy shit. This looks like complete garbage and I thought BvS:DC was a 9/10.
>>
>>87479680
>giving DC money after Man of Murder and Man of Murder versus Batslaughter
>>
>>87479730
Just torrent it.
>>
>>87478322
Marvel is. Extremely worried, even.
>>
>>87479645
That's why I was never comfortable with the WW1 setting and WW killing in the first place.

Fuck Zack Snyder.
>>
>>87479741
I pay $50 for like 400GB because shit country

1.4GB movie

400 / 50 = $0.125 per GB

0.125 x 1.4 = 0.175

18 cents is still too much
>>
File: 1478241079219.jpg (209KB, 1085x1217px) Image search: [Google]
1478241079219.jpg
209KB, 1085x1217px
>>87478605

This is an advantage to being a little jaded, I'm not impressed easily but nor am I disappointed often. I can usually tell if something is going to suck dick and this movie looks like a major cock sucker. It'll get 60%-70% RT score because of feminism ala Ghost Busters, but make no mistake this isn't going to be any better then it's predecessors.

https://youtu.be/GOWJR1yW05o
>>
>>87479776
Your loss.
>>
>>87479795
Nah.
>>
>>87479645
I'm sure they'll give the Germans a fuck ton of kick the puppy moments so we don't feel so bad about her slaughtering a bunch of naive boys who bought into the mountains of propaganda around every single corner.
>>
>>87479776
You could always just stream it, right?

I'd say watch it. It's not nearly as good as the other anon is pretending, more like just 'alright'. It does leave you hanging for what could've been though.
>>
>>87479640
it was at best enjoyable in spite of its flaws
solid 4.7/10
>>
>>87479802
Yeh
>>
>>87479776
>$50 for like 400GB
thats incredible
i pay about 100$ for 15 gig
>>
>>87479832
>>87479776
WHERE DO YOU PEOPLE LIVE?
>>
>>87479814
But why tho

Yes I know I can't TRULY judge it unless I've watched it, but I've seen so many clips and pieces of it and all of them have looked completely terrible

They already took my money for their first two shitty DCEU movies, they won't take my time for another unless it genuinely gets good reviews
>>
>>87478864
I read all of the books just to make an argument from the source material, because the common defense at the time was "you haven't read it!" so I took that away and made them defend it on its merits, which it lacked completely.

Honestly, all the bullshit superpowers they started showing off in books 3 and 4 were pretty fun to read about.
>>
>>87478605

>CGI plane falling from the sky
>Not even following it, just looking in the general area

Looks poorly directed to me, maybe they'll get it right in the film?
>>
>>87479845
Alright, man. It's your decision.

Fwiw, you aren't completely wrong. It'd be a huge stretch to say it were a great movie, much less a 'good' one.
>>
>>87479807
From what I'm hearing about the trailers it seems the only reason Amazons are fighting for the Triple Entente is because Germans attack WW in order to get to Steve Trevor when he crash lands.

So essentially war was declared and super soldiers were sent to kill German conscripts because some Germans shot at her with the equivalent of pellets from an airsoft gun in order to get to an enemy combatant for a war she's not a part of.

Our diplomat everyone.
>>
File: muh critic approval.jpg (24KB, 630x190px) Image search: [Google]
muh critic approval.jpg
24KB, 630x190px
>>87479845
Critics are almost always wrong.
>>
>>87479840
rural west australia for me
we used to at least have gaming servers that did not count towards that limit but the chucklefucks at telstra shut them down

the truely sad thing is every part of the country was gonna get fiber optic but then a new goverment came in and fucked it up.
now in many cases its fiber optic most of the way before suddenly switching to wireless for some reason
>>
>>87479888
Notice I said "genuinely good reviews"

As in, I can tell when it's just PC bullshit exactly like your examples. If WW gets a 76% on RT I won't take it at face value.
>>
>>87478605
shouldnt her head be following the plane
thats not even an acting problem thats just the cgi department not telling the director whats going on or the director not telling the actor where to look
>>
File: download (2).jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>87478466
>>87478587
I concur.
>>
>>87479903
From who?
>>
>>87479807
It's hard to shake that feeling. I mean Cap barely even fought Nazi. Most of the time he fought Hydra which were literally super-nazi with alien tech and barely any humanity to them.

Meanwhile only ignorant people who think WWI = WWII will be able to cheer when Amazons are tearing through German lines when they pose no threat to them.
>>
>>87479924
From who what?
>>
>>87479919
Like the other guy said, I really hope they fix that for the final movie.
>>
>>87479938
Which critic needs to like it?
>>
>>87479951
I don't look at a specific critic, that's dumb. I look at the overall picture and specific reactions. For the Ghostbusters example, you could see that a look of the positive reviews were the same people saying WOMYN ARE FUNNY, GET OVER IT before release so they couldn't be trusted, but the general consensus was that it just wasn't funny.
>>
File: 1460953270051.png (293KB, 474x444px) Image search: [Google]
1460953270051.png
293KB, 474x444px
>>87478322
My jesus god damn this looks terrible.
>>
>>87479983
If you looked at the negative reviews for SS you'd see that most of them have to do with muh racy jokes and muh sexism.
>>
>>87479932
Even if Cap was killing non-Nazi Wehrmacht at least it worked in the sense that he is an American soldier and that's what soldiers tend to do. It's a war, war is shit, but that's life.

WW on the other hand has basically no reason to join in and choose a side, she has no allegiance to the Entente or the Alliance, she just seemed to decide entirely at random "hey, you know those German guys? Yeah, fuck those guys."
>>
File: You Just Dont Get His Vision.gif (3MB, 720x302px) Image search: [Google]
You Just Dont Get His Vision.gif
3MB, 720x302px
>>87478322
>get hype as fuck for MoS
>see it in theaters
>its dogshit
>wait for BvS Extended
>pirate it
>its somehow even more shit
>still haven't seen SS
>implying I'm even going to bother with this
When will /co/ understand you can enjoy the comics without having to white knight these shit movies?
>>
>Where is muh realism in a movie about a super Amazon lady made from clay?
>>
File: 1478284786012[1].jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1478284786012[1].jpg
11KB, 300x300px
I expect everything that matters to be bad.

The only thing I hope for is that WW does some fucking brutal hand to hand combat with plenty of grappling and crunching.
>>
>>87478322
What do I have to worry about?

I haven't seen a Live Action Superhero movie since Elektra. I don't give half a shit.
>>
>>87479640

Why must you turn this board into a house of lies?
>>
>>87478322

>worried

not at all, already expecting it to flop like all DC garbage.
>>
>>87480067
How am I lying?
>>
>>87480032
>The only thing I hope for is that WW does some fucking brutal hand to hand combat with plenty of grappling and crunching.
But how impressive could it be, if her opponents are defenceless young men who are screaming and running away from her in terror?
>>
>>87480023
SS is probably a worse movie than BvS honestly.
>>
>>87480098
Isn't it rumored Ares is the villan or something?
>>
File: 1475076247916.jpg (47KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
1475076247916.jpg
47KB, 500x387px
>>87478322
>that face

SHOW SOME FUCKING EMOTION
>>
>>87480082

It's barely a movie. BvS was garbage but it was at lest a cohesive film.

Suicide Squad was nine music videos glued together. The first half-hour or so was so purely incompetent it could almost qualify as avant-garde if I thought it was intentional.

I'm honestly surprised at show calm Ayer is about this. If someone did that to a movie that I not only made, but brought to Warner Brothers myself with the express intention of making for them as a juicy pet project I would probably go full Trank.
>>
>>87480136
>villain
>>
File: 1423755495517.png (807KB, 982x980px) Image search: [Google]
1423755495517.png
807KB, 982x980px
>>87480138
>Expecting actresses to show any emotion other than mild annoyance in 2016
Silly anon, acting is the least important part of films these days, just behind writing.
>>
File: DC Films.png (346KB, 751x522px) Image search: [Google]
DC Films.png
346KB, 751x522px
>>87480127
So by that logic WW will be the worst one yet and then JL will be the biggest fuck up of Snyder's career?

Goddamn, how can anyone defend this shit by now.
>>
>>87480153

He didn't want to ruin his career.
>>
>>87480136
>one battle where WW is actually challenged
>an hour and forty five minutes of WW eviscerating defenseless German soldiers
>>
>>87480127

Maybe not a worse movie but it's definitely more disappointing than BvS. If you saw Man of Steel, you know what you're getting into. Suicide Squad had a lot more potential: It was a different creative team telling a (potentially) unique story that looked better suited to the tone WB is trying to establish for these movies. It should have been a solid hit, I mean commercially it definitely was. Unfortunately it also replicates the sensation of vomiting in a Hot Topic.
>>
I'm worried for a Wonder Woman movie half of it will involve stupid Chris Pine
>>
File: 1472932387140.png (326KB, 751x522px) Image search: [Google]
1472932387140.png
326KB, 751x522px
>>87480173
Fixed.
>>
File: 1457282849300.jpg (57KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
1457282849300.jpg
57KB, 500x365px
>>87478605
>The whole thing is based off a story written by Zack Snyder, for one thing.
That's it, it has no hope, pack your bags boys, time to leave this sinking ship.
>>
>>87479482
The director wrote it, and he only had time for two drafts before filming began. Also you don't cast Will Smith and keep his face covered by a volleyball. It wasn't editorial it was D.C. Films demanding he start with something he didn't have fleshed out and then when did on set they fucked him up more by having a trailer company Reddit-edit it.
>>
>>87480221
Damn, now that would be depressing.
>>
>>87480222
The whole movie was bad from the characters, design, plot, everything was bad.

It could have been great just like BvS but they try and make these movies and stakes in the movies too big for the cast and it ruins the movie.

The reason why Nolan batman movies were good is when its story and character driven with high stakes but realistic ones that arent just oh no end of the world guys!

Thats why Justice League will probably suck as well, could be good if done right but most of the comic book movies these days are garbage because the story/ plot is all over the place and not simplified.
>>
>>87480019
if its anything like the comics its not so much fighting germany as supporting america
remember the whole reason she wears that costume is because her mother felt america was the last bastion of freedom.
admittedly harder to justify that in ww1 times then it was when sensation was first publised
>>
>>87480127
>suicide squad
>batman vs superman
>man of steel

then again man of steel barely counts as its on a whole other tier of bad its the second worst film i have ever seen
>>
>>87480331
>remember the whole reason she wears that costume is because her mother felt america was the last bastion of freedom.
I thought Wonderwoman was meant to be an ambassador of peace and love, at least initially?
>>
>>87480278
then why cast will smith in a role he has to have his face coverered for
admitidly deadshot and flag are the only 2 male squad members who did not have to be a certain ethnicity boomer has to be white and diablo has to whatever the fuck he was
>>
>>87480309
The sad part is Justice League, the movie most deserving of a "the world is going to be fucked as we know it." Gets... Steppenwolf. Oh and Slade. Maybe.
>>
>>87478322
Worried about what?
I'm keen to watch this flic - looks like a fun romp.

I know, I know, I'm on /co/ - I must hate all things related to comics. But fuck the rules!
>>
File: 1470995262369.jpg (41KB, 470x317px) Image search: [Google]
1470995262369.jpg
41KB, 470x317px
>tfw poorly executed and overused slow-mo is still a thing ...
>>
>>87480354
i fucked up the formatting there thats meant to be a tier list
>>
>>87480378
Are there not Black Australians?
>>
>>87480394
yes but boomer is racist towards them
>>
>>87480257
Fuck me, can WB do anything right?
>>
What's with the terrible greenscreen?
>>
>>87480309
>BvS
>great
lol
>>
Does something seem off about how they look when it zooms in? Like they aren't the right size? It's the same in the other bullet scene, where she deflects it
>>
>>87478534
that was what i was expecting to happen.

>bullet about to hit Trevor or Diana
>suddenly, an arrow splits it
>>
>>87480425
That would be fucking retarded.
>>
>>87480417
do you even read? i said it could have been, but it turned out garbage just like the rest of DCEU so far.
>>
>>87480354
>>87480390
if the tier list was flipped i would agree, i honestly think SS was hot topic sales garbage and BvS was such a cluster fuck of a movie it was horrible.
>>
>>87480472
that's why i was expecting it to happen.
>>
>>87480281
There will no doubt be some TOTALLY NOT NAZIS German scientists/magicians who create super-soldiers to fight WW.
>>
>>87480515
It makes more sense actually for it to be WWI because they actually used chem warfare. Hitler didn't like it at all and refused to use chemical weapons (on the battlefield)
>>
I fucking love Rebirth, but I can admit DC does mediocre films.
>>
http://movieweb.com/batman-v-superman-doomsday-darkseid-wonder-woman-age-explained/

Snyder's vision for the whole backstory.
>>
>>87480309
>high stakes but realistic ones that arent just oh no end of the world guys!

>Batman Begins
International terrorist organization steals prototype military hardware from a multinational conglomerate to spread a chemical weapon to destroy a major American city.

>The Dark Knight
Anarchist terrorist wages a war on a major American city using an army of the mentally ill and manages to blow up a hospital, kill the chief of police, directly assault the police with military hardware, and singlehandedly overthrow organized crime.

>The Dark Knight Returns
International terrorists steal a fusion reactor from a multinational corporation, turn it into a thermonuclear bomb, and hold a major American city hostage for months.
>>
>>87480502
my sides
>>
>" report claims that Darkseid will also be seen during a flashback sequence at the very beginning of the (JL) film. The flashback reportedly takes place 30,000 years ago, when the humans, Atlanteans and the Amazons all worked together to defeat Darkseid on Earth. He left behind three "mother boxes," which Steppenwolf is seen holding during the "Communion" deleted scene from Batman v Superman."

That's all it took to beat back Darkseid?
>>
>>87480490
how could anybody have man of steel on anything but the bottom after what it did to pa kent.

its no different to the gigantic shit legend of everfree took on filthy rich
>>
>>87478491
>Superman is faster than a speeding bullet
>A speeding bullet is as fast as a housewife swinging on a rope

woah...
>>
>>87478322
I had no hope for it to begin with.
>>
>>87480406
They made Daffy crazy again and they made Porky fat again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLkdzBvMcE4
>>
>>87480619

Darkseid is going to be extremely nerfed.
>>
I'm confident that the Red Letter Media episode will be good.
>>
>>87480678
Aren't they all.
>>
>>87480683
>it's just an hour-long stretch of Rich saying OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
>>
>>87480619

>Darkseid pushed back by a handful of Amazons, humans who would barely be walking upright, and Atlantis

That can't be true. Where did you find this? I refuse to believe this.
>>
>>87480619
>people with bows and arrows and copper swords beat a god. It now takes the most powerful and resourceful heroes on earth to defeat his 3rd rate lacky. Kek.
>>
>>87480718
What's your problem, bro? It's gonna be epic. XD
>>
>>87480720

>30,000 years ago

>copper

I wish. That was way later. They would have fought with sticks and stones.
>>
File: 1463440382031.jpg (230KB, 1300x468px) Image search: [Google]
1463440382031.jpg
230KB, 1300x468px
>>87479697
>>
>>87480757
>>87480757
atlantis might possibly have something useful
>>
>>87480757
didnt one of the sandman books say something about a highly advanced human civilization before the current one
it was at the beginning of brief lives
>>
>>87480771
>SHIT, DARKSEID, THEY HAVE FISHMETAL
>THE FUCK WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO LET'S GET OUT OF HERE
>>
>>87480757
I was assuming Atlantis was a bit more advanced; humans in the battle where still trying to figure out what dogs were. I'm just prehistoric humans are just for an Anthro cameo but I doubt Snyder is that smart or if it is it's just to see him die.
>>
>>87480718

But anon, they also have three motherboxes! Three! That's as many as three ones!
>>
>>87480804
Or for Vandal Savage to show up. Are they using him in DCEU?
>>
>>87480793
More like "Shit Darkseid, they just migrated to Euro and have heavy rocks. Game over man! Game over!"
>>
>>87480784
nevermind i just checked those civilizations all predated the great lizards.
and considering there are less then 500 people alive who remember them paradise island would have to have a very small population for that to work
>>
>>87478322
Of course I'm worried after three strikes

I thought Gadot was stiff because of Snyder, everyone is stiff with him but no
>>
>>87480815
He was on DC TV so I doubt it. But would be cool. Given that it's got Kirby relations though Anthro would be a logical cameo.
>>
>>87480843
at least each movie has been better then the last

i dont auctualy think gadot was stiff in bvs but jesus fuck every fucking clip we have seen of her in wonder woman so far has been embaresing
>>
man i feel really bad for the batfleck, i really want to see his movie and i dont know if we will even get the damn thing
>>
>>87480831
How did Atlantis and Amazons pre-date even ancient proto-grecco society by like 10 thousand years?
>>
>>87480867
Or you know 26 thousand years.
>>
File: 2.jpg (280KB, 975x1527px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
280KB, 975x1527px
>>87480831
i really really love this page
>>87480867
it might have been one of the Atlantis that came before the current atantis

more likely its just synder being a fucking hack
>>
>>87480880
funny thing is at least one of those roughly 70 people is a vampire
>>
>>87478322
No, this movie is certain to be shit.
>>
>>87480880
I doubt Snyder could spell Sandman let alone knows there's more than one Atlantis.
>>
>>87480944
but the difrent atlantises are refrenced in several books

surely he has at least read books of magic
>>
>>87478466

came here to post this, thanks mate
>>
>>87478322
>Wonderwoman
If there anything that symbolizes an anachronistic remnant only continuing to be a factor because no one knows what to do with, its Wonder-Woman. Why anyone continues to drag this useless character around, is beyond me, beyond PR points with stupid, STUPID women.
>>
>>87480602
yeah, all of those wouldnt arent the end of the world but huge disasters.

MoS was destruction of the world by Zod

BvS pretty much the same as MoS

SS enchantress wants to destroy the world
>>
>>87478322
I laughed so hard my butthole turned inside out and now I have two dicks
>>
>>87478322
what movie is this?
>>
>>87479776
>tfw paying 90 for 500GBs
Telstra are having their way with me and there's nothing I can do about it
>>
File: 1369296192311.jpg (18KB, 384x286px) Image search: [Google]
1369296192311.jpg
18KB, 384x286px
>>87479236
>Meanwhile comics require investment of time, money, and since they can only really be enjoyed alone they're something you have to be genuinely interested in to check out because you're not just doing it to kill time with your pals.

I think I understand why comic nerds are angry about things. You sit through these comics and try to understand the writings of these aged, swollen man-children in plots that take months or even years to play out. Then the movie comes out and you get the cliff notes version where fundamental changes were made because of some suit read a Who's Hot article in his mud bath. You invested more time and money into this story than any movie goer and seeing it bastardized can be abit sour.
>>
Will she be worse or better than ScarJo?
>>
File: Black Widow15.gif (3MB, 292x400px) Image search: [Google]
Black Widow15.gif
3MB, 292x400px
>>87481081
Worse by far.
>>
>>87480958
>Snyder actually reading comics.
Come on, you've seen the movies he's made he just looks at the pictures.
>>
>keeps doubling down for snyder just in case he pulls off another TDK
>animation team gets great stuff to meh
It's weird how their two teams gets more leeway than the other
>>
>>87481105
they both do nothing to me, so im really interested if she can at least act better, or do her own stunts.
>>
>>87481011
>destroy the city to world the ruin the worlds economy and restore balance also a terrible plot device.
>unrealistically escaping villain doing things that any of the mobsters he took down would and should have no problem killing.

>not even addressing the idiocy of the plot of the third
>>
>>87481117
animation team gets forced to use batman in everything
or maybe there is somebody in animation that just really likes batman

who the fuck wants to watch a justice league dark movie thats 1/10 batman saying he does not belive what is happening i mean i like batman but for fucks sake
>>
>>87481112
do you think he has at least read the atlantis chronicles
you cannot make a film featuring atantis without reading those
>>
>>87478322
>being worried about DCEU at all.
I don't worry about this shitty universe. I want reboot as soon as possible. I want Flashpoint and new universe with solo movies first. With World's Finest team-up. WIth Batman showing his face only after few years of working together. With Superman who helps people no matter what. With Pa Kent teaching Clark to do so and dying of heart attack. Well, you get the point. I want some kind of old DCAU become new DC cinematic universe.
>>
>>87481164
Wann probably did. He seems like the only person to care about the movie and character.
>>
>>87481112
This. He likes Conan the barbarian, but he's never said he's read any, he just likes looking at Frank Frazetta pictures. He doesn't really strike me as the most literate person.
>>
>>87478322
No I'm pretty much chalking this up as another failure.
In retrospect kinda glad Hal's probably not gonna get dragged into the dumpster fire that is the DCEU.
>>
>>87481223
>This. He likes Conan the barbarian, but he's never said he's read any, he just likes looking at Frank Frazetta pictures. He doesn't really strike me as the most literate person.
I mean, what did you think he has to say about Aquaman?

"He is so cool! His trident can pierce Superman's skin!"
http://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-badass-aquaman-snyder/
...Like, SERIOUSLY? Snyder, is that what Aquaman is to you? That's like grade school level of shallow.
>>
>>87481240
>In retrospect kinda glad Hal's probably not gonna get dragged into the dumpster fire that is the DCEU.
Technically Green Lantern was a failure, but at least it was allowed to fade away and not get the fanbase trying to defend it for years after.
>>
>>87481049
Yes. Finally, a casual understands our pain!
>>
>>87481252
Even given who we're talking about, at least he's willing to call Aquaman cool.

Maybe not for the same reasons you or I might, but hell, it's not like I'm going to watch any of his movies, so fuck it.
>>
>>87479365
Batman killing has happened in the past, that's undeniable, and the point in BvS is that Batman had lost his way and that's why he fights Superman, he's not suppose to be the hero, his character arc is to be redeemed and shown the light by Superman.

And as to Superman killing Zod, again, has happened before. Just because it's been a rare occurrence and you dislike it does not invalidate it, especially when the story in the movie depicts it as a situation where Superman is literally trying to stop Zod from committing global genocide and he doesn't know any other way to prevent it. There wouldn't even be any measures to contain Zod if he had somehow been able to non-lethally take him out, which he wasn't able to do. Crying about Superman not being perfect at his job immediately is infantile and shitty story telling that you find in Donner movies whete Clark spends years listening his dad preach him about morals and then the minute he walks out, he literally can do everything, including reverse time so he can do a gary stue wish fullfy retake where he fixes things he fucked up the first time like Lois dying.
>>
>>87481049
Well, it's not only that, but a lot of us take the time to understand these characters and storylines, which can be really complex, and then some casual likes a bastardized version of it on screen. Or even worse depending on your views, won't even give superhero comics the time of day because they think they're "stupid" or something.
>>
>>87481396

>There wouldn't even be any measures to contain Zod if he had somehow been able to non-lethally take him out, which he wasn't able to do

Except Nolan suggested that Zod should be sucked into the Phantom Zone along with the rest of the Kryptonians.

But clearly that wasn't hardcore enough.
>>
>>87479426
>We are talking about her going toe to toe with someone who has Cryptonian strength, nothing in WW1 should have even bothered her.

there's literally a 100 year gap between the two, where she could gain more power for herself, or say fully tap to her demigoddessness.
>>
>>87478714
I can semi-explain that viewpoint, though, to be honest, the only DCEU movie I liked was BvS. Which I kind of liked in the same way I like All-Star Batman and Robin, though it's not nearly as bad as that. It's not "so bad it's good", but rather so strange it's good, it's just such an interesting mess of odd adaptation choices, kind of off-kilter pacing, and actually interesting visuals that something about it just clicked with me. I wouldn't call it good, per se, and I completely understand why someone might not like it, but it felt really different, which (to me) Marvel movies rarely do.

MoS was also enjoyable enough, but was a good movie dragged down by some really weak parts, instead of the more complete oddity that was BvS.

Suicide Squad I can't judge fairly, because Ostrander's run is one of my favorite comic runs of all time, and every deviation from that triggered me, which isn't really quite fair.
>>
>>87481412
that would have been a complete lackluster of an ending.
>>
>>87481396
>Batman killing has happened in the past, that's undeniable,
But is it ever a core part of his character? Nope. Most versions stress his innocence. He is innocent to a fault.

>and the point in BvS is that Batman had lost his way and that's why he fights Superman, he's not suppose to be the hero, his character arc is to be redeemed and shown the light by Superman.
That doesn't mean that I have to like it. It's such a needlessly dark direction to go in. The movie could've been about ANYTHING but they opted to go with that bullshit? Seriously?

As for all the stuff about Superman killing Zod, it really felt to me like the entire narrative had been written to force Superman into killing Zod. Like Snyder had decided that Superman would HAVE to snap his neck and wrote the conclusion only so that this would happen. It comes across as forced. He could've just as easily been sucked into the Phantom Zone with the rest of them with a rewrite.

Also, it's not that people don't want a perfect Superman, it's that we don't want Superman to be a killer.
>>
>>87478322
Not me, but then again I do not go full autistic over the use of slow mo which is used simply as an additional stylized visual gimmick to make the action look cooler, instead of a rapid torrent of quick cuts and shaky cam where you don't ever see anything clearly.
>>
>>87481420

Yeah because the Zod beam going towards the innocent family like Goldfinger was so much better.

Snyder had so little balls he literally had to invent the most Internet-esque fake scenario possible to justify Clark killing. It literally had to be a fucking laser being going right towards a family of innocent people, it was one step away from Zod tying them to train tracks. And this is compounded with Zod literally talking about how he won't stop until he dies, because Goyer and Snyder think the audience are retards and they need to character to literally spell out his character motivations right to the camera just to justify it even more.

And somehow I'm supposed to give these people the benefit of the doubt over the "kino" of BvS somehow being a misunderstood masterpiece.
>>
>>87481413
>there's literally a 100 year gap between the two, where she could gain more power for herself, or say fully tap to her demigoddessness.
Consider her actual age in the thousands in the DCEU, 100 years is literally nothing. Blame Snyder for making her that old.
>>
>>87481252
well its better then most peoples views on aquaman at least
>>
>>87481430
>Like Snyder had decided that Superman would HAVE to snap his neck and wrote the conclusion only so that this would happen
Because that is litrally what happened and Snyder said that's what happened in interviews. Nolan said it was a bad idea and Snyder and Goyer kept rewriting the scenario and deleting avenues for the ending to go until they got their way.
>>
>>87481430
>But is it ever a core part of his character?

The fact that he's slipped away from that and keeps trying to justify himself to Alfred with horrible strawman arguments is meant to show how far he's gone off the reservation. It's an old Batman who's broken inside and lost faith. It's part of his character development on the road to being a proper hero again.

Why is that wrong? Batman is in a dark place but is ultimately able to climb back up, because Superman inspires him. It's something new and interesting we haven't seen on the big screen, it shows Batman is flawed but able to still find redemption. You're way too fixated on there only being one very narrow way the character can be portrayed.

>>87481430
>Also, it's not that people don't want a perfect Superman

You could have foolen me, given how inane some of the arguments are over Snyder's Superman. Everything from how he should have immediately x-rayed the room and seen the bomb, instead of, you know, acting like a human being who is feeling shame and awkward when he sees the guy in the wheelchair and being distracted, or how he destroys the truck in MoS (but going out his way to beat up a bully after he regains his powers in Superman II is fine).
>>
>>87481453
>100 years is literally nothing.

She's never been outside of the island, in true danger. Where she has had to struggle. Hypothetically.
>>
>>87481487
>Why is that wrong? Batman is in a dark place but is ultimately able to climb back up, because Superman inspires him
Because we don't see how he got to that dark place. And since we never saw him got there, it is easier to just see him as something other than Batman.
>>
>>87481489
>She's never been outside of the island, in true danger. Where she has had to struggle. Hypothetically.
She isn't going to struggle in her film. She isn't going to struggle ANYWHERE. Not when Doomsday set the bar for what she could fight.

Snyder brought in Doomsday too early. And this is the consequence.
>>
>>87481487
>Why is that wrong?
It's wrong on a narrative level, because we are introduced to Batman in the middle of his story. There's a lot of implied backstory there and frankly, it just doesn't completely work. Not to mention we don't see how he got there, we're just told that he went off the deep end at some point. It's telling rather than showing.

>Batman is in a dark place but is ultimately able to climb back up, because Superman inspires him. It's something new and interesting we haven't seen on the big screen,
The thing is, we haven't even really gotten a perfect Batman on screen yet. It's odd that they would experiment with something like this when most, if not all, live-action adaptations already fucked with the source material in some way.

>You're way too fixated on there only being one very narrow way the character can be portrayed.
Excuse me for wanting Batman to be Batman.

>Everything from how he should have immediately x-rayed the room
This is absolutely something that Superman would've done. Literally any other version of Superman would've done this. Superman is very cautious and is very careful NOT to let shit like this happen. I'm not sure why people are okay with Superman not using his powers to protect people.
>>
>>87481505
>Because we don't see how he got to that dark place.

You see a dead Robin memorial, you see Bruce witness his entire company building go down in front of him, emasculating him as a man. You are given more than enough context for why he lost his way, you do not need more. It's Batman, you know and the rest if the world already know what his iconic status quo is, and BvS distinctively shows how far he's strayed from that, to a point that he's allowed his home, the Wayne Manor, stay derelict and rundown. You do not need an entire movie showing how he got there, nor do you need an extended flashback sequence.
>>
>>87479274
If she can't act, can't fight, can't sell action scences, only looks sort of like wonder woman to begin with, why did they pick her to begin with?

>>87479281
It doesn't look right for the wermacht or kriegsmarine. When is this movie set?
>>
>>87478786
The first 2 Twilight movies can be very entertaining if you pretend they're supposed to be comedies.
>>
>>87481531
>This is absolutely something that Superman would've done.
Screw Superman. Where's homeland security?
A big senate meeting like that where they've got a huge crowd outside and it's arguably the hearing of the century? In a post 9-11 America?

There would be bomb sniffing dogs. There would be biometric scans and xrays for days. They probably wouldn't even let that guy keep his own wheelchair. They'd give him a loaner.
>>
>>87481567
Seriously. IT'S LIKE EVERYBODY DROPPED THE IDIOT BALL SO IT COULD HAPPEN.
>>
>>87481546
>It's Batman, you know and the rest if the world already know what his iconic status quo is, and BvS distinctively shows how far he's strayed from that, to a point that he's allowed his home, the Wayne Manor, stay derelict and rundown.
Actually you're contradicting your argument.

See, as people defending BvS are eager to point out Batman has killed people in movies all the damn time. So if we're supposed to look at Snyder's version and see him killing and it's suddenly BAD, we need to have it better established that this isn't the same Batman that can kill henchman and get away with it. That this was a change from a status quo that was only vaguely implied and never actually seen on film.
>>
>>87481546
>It's Batman, you know and the rest if the world already know what his iconic status quo is
It doesn't work like that. You can't rely on past portrayals of Batman, but then NOT show how this Batman transformed. Using past portrayals only work if they are similar to current portrayals. But this Batman is not similar to past Batmans, so if you don't show how he got here then mentally he is just someone in a Batman costume, not actual Batman. There is no continuity.
>>
File: 6781177[1].jpg (134KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6781177[1].jpg
134KB, 630x1200px
>>87478322
>Story and dialouge by Zack Snyder
its dead on arival
Zacks a bad director but hes an even worse writer
see pic related, a movie completely written by Snyder
>>
>>87479045
The plot was weak, not the script, and that's been the case for pretty much all the Marvel movies. That's their formula; a generic plot with a generic villain, and nobody cares because it's all just a vehicle for good actors to perform a good script with good set-pieces. Nobody watches Marvel movies for the plot, they watch for the characters, and Marvel know this so they keep it bare-bones. DC have fucked up by overreaching, trying to be deeper and more complicated at the expense of their characters.
>>
>>87481575
Snyder has big ideas but he lacks the follow through to make them worthwhile. Like in Man of Steel he wants to do this whole "If mankind finds out about alien life it'll change everything" but he doesn't make good on that.

I was waiting for the scenes similar to that bit in Independence Day where you've got the crazies on top of skyscrapers welcoming the black zero or a big traffic jam as people are heading for the hills or maybe like in Event Horizon where you see news reports that the president is declaring martial law or fixing prices on the panic so that nobody is gouging for supplies or we see looters capitalizing or a picture of the pope going "this is totally intelligent design look he looks like a human" or SOMETHING but it's business as usual in Metropolis until literally the world engine fires and then and ONLY then, do people start reacting in any way reasonable or unreasonable by starting to run.

And by then it's too fucking late to matter.
>>
>>87481601
God, I have no idea how people can defend Snyder when he wrote and directed that dreck. that is probably one of the worst movies ever made.
>>
File: wwbeaton.jpg (104KB, 800x287px) Image search: [Google]
wwbeaton.jpg
104KB, 800x287px
At this point, Snyder's cinematic universe has cocked it up three times. After the heavy criticism Man of Steel got, we STILL ended up with the mess that was BvS, and don't even get me started on Suicide Squad. "A little worried" would imply I have expectations for this movie, and honestly, at this point, I have none.

And the thing is, Wonder Woman doesn't have the same advantages that Batman and Superman have. She's just as much of a household name, sure, but I don't see average people selling out theaters to see this flick, especially when negative word of mouth starts spreading.
>>
>>87481604

>That's their formula; a generic plot with a generic villain, and nobody cares because it's all just a vehicle for good actors to perform a good script with good set-pieces.

They're the comic equivalent of Bond movies, and I'm pretty okay with that. Doubly so after the nightmare of a summer we've just had, the fact that the MCU has a pretty basic baseline for entertaining makes me happy that we have a sturdy workhorse of fun blockbusters.
>>
>>87481396
I'd argue that while there's a case to be made that Snyder's interpretations of both characters were legitimate, it was a stupid creative decision to re-interpret them in the first place. When you're selling people Superman vs Batman, they're invested in seeing characters that they recognise meet up on the big screen. When you change what those characters are, then people aren't getting what they thought you were selling.
>>
>>87481604
That's a very good way of putting it. I'm not sure why people harp on about how formulaic Marvel movies are when it's not always necessarily a bad thing.

>>87481611
Nicely put. I also find that he always wants to try to be deep and thought-provoking, but greatly overestimates his ability to actually be deep and thought-provoking, ironically making his movies dumber than they have any right to be.

>>87481615
>And the thing is, Wonder Woman doesn't have the same advantages that Batman and Superman have. She's just as much of a household name, sure, but I don't see average people selling out theaters to see this flick, especially when negative word of mouth starts spreading.
See, I'm so worried about shit like this hurting DC's chances at a cinematic universe. I'm worried that this is their one and only chance and they're fucking it up so far.
>>
File: crisis_on_infinite_earths_001[1].jpg (743KB, 1134x880px) Image search: [Google]
crisis_on_infinite_earths_001[1].jpg
743KB, 1134x880px
>>87481615
it doesnt matter if it fails, WB will just keep giving Snyder more money and trow more heroes in to work with
hell i wont be surprised if somewhere down the line he gets to adapt Crisis on infinite fucking earths
>>
>>87481668
They'll adapt Crisis on Infinite Earths after every one of their movies up to MoS2 fails, prompting them to do a soft reboot and do a cinematic Rebirth. Like everything else in the DCEU, it will be one big massive crossover at an awkward placement in the narrative of the DCEU as a whole, arriving when, by all accounts, things are just getting started. There will be a big, huge, end-of-the-world scenario and characters panicking before finding their heroic resolve and it will only be maybe the second time you'll see the whole Justice League together on the screen at the same time. And they'll also try to work in Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter into the League too, despite it being a completely inappropriate time to do so.
>>
>>87481668

Oh boy, I sure can't wait to see Snyder take a nice fat dump on the Anti-Monitor design.
>>
>>87481699
But will it look like Movie Parallax, or Movie Galactus? That's the real question.
>>
>>87481732

It'll be stripped of color and look vaguely demonic.
>>
File: the eternal krau.jpg (88KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
the eternal krau.jpg
88KB, 853x480px
>>87479281
>good German men
I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>87478322
Is it too late to recast WW?

Gadot is a mistake. She looks like that dude playing Kylo Ren.
>>
What videogame is this?
>>
>>87478322

>her face awkwardly moving during the bullet time

Who the hell approved this?

WHO??
>>
>>87482784
You rang?
>>
>>87478322
i was at first but now im slightly optomistic
>>
>>87479520
That's still as bad

Wonder is a defender she isn't going o Dodge she's going to jump in front of you deflect the bullets to make sue no one gets hurt and then shes going to kick somebody's ass

Not to mention the intimidation factor of holy shit she deflected my bullets
>>
is she actually looking and following the fucking bullet going past her head?
>>
>>87479213
This is a pretty shitty strawman. Sure, we don't care who pumps Batman's tyres, but nobody ever ask this. And if they do, there's plenty of plausible answers to choose from.

People want to see stories that make sense, they ask for motives and important plot points, not pumping tyres.
>>
>>87479263
>How the fuck was she able to stay in that position while swinging like that with the rope?

super strength?
>>
>>87481615
>She's just as much of a household name
Just the name though

Like, everything else about her, nobody cares about. I doubt any casual can name her villains let alone her stories. Heck, I honestly don't even know if people know she can fly
>>
>>87478322
I was the guy who laughed out loud at this in your theater.
>>
File: zoolander_face.jpg (15KB, 361x253px) Image search: [Google]
zoolander_face.jpg
15KB, 361x253px
>>87478322
Is it just me, or does Gadot have the same "I'm showing emotion" face as Stiller's Eric Zoolander?
>>
File: a3f0202a1ec6a58c1f1acef85bb56db7.png (898KB, 1146x441px) Image search: [Google]
a3f0202a1ec6a58c1f1acef85bb56db7.png
898KB, 1146x441px
Hold up, what's the guy in the back aiming towards?
>>
>VFX supervisor announced
>Everyone is hopeful because he was the VFX supervisor for Life of Pi
>Everyone forgets he was also the VFX supervisor for a lot of movies with shitty action CGI like Warcraft and Land of the Lost
>>
File: 31dec138626406ef67e79a9f34d1c6ec.jpg (303KB, 1143x440px) Image search: [Google]
31dec138626406ef67e79a9f34d1c6ec.jpg
303KB, 1143x440px
>>87483684
You can clearly see the whole beach is empty. What the hell is he even pointing his gun to?
>>
>>87478322
>a little worried
Mate, I have to live with the fact that Gadot can't act in a supporting role. The fact she's the lead in this movie and has to carry the entire thing by herself is worrying in it's own right.
>>
File: 500731183d498b304797ab0bfd57186a.png (851KB, 1146x437px) Image search: [Google]
500731183d498b304797ab0bfd57186a.png
851KB, 1146x437px
>>87483698
Hell, she's going to be swinging right, so let's assume the guy in the first picture is on the right boat. That means he's aiming his gun to his mates on the other boat?

So these incompetent, friendly-fire germans are somehow a threat to superpowered chicks?

What?
>>
the CGI looks too f4ntasticesque and it kind of started to resembles that beowulf movie. probably they didn't want to spend a lot on CGI since it's more acting focused and not a lot of special effects, like that captain america first avenger movie
>>
File: Daredevil2.jpg (126KB, 618x934px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil2.jpg
126KB, 618x934px
>>87483707
Even Affleck requires more charismatic actors around him to play off of, and all he's got are Gadot and Cavill's daytime television-tier acting ability, Mamoa's grunting and flexing, Miller's omgersh Imma nerd! and Ray Fisher's....well, Fisher isn't going to get much dialogue.

This entire endeavor promises to be Awkward as Fuck when it isn't CGI fightan cartoons.
>>
https://youtu.be/fmpf2826N20?t=55

I was worried the very moment I heard this atrocious dialogue delivered by an ''''actress''''' who can barely pronounce the words "military encryption," let alone act like she knows what those words means. I'll be shocked if she doesn't get a Razzie nomination for her Lady Gaga tier acting chops.
>>
File: xena ridiculous jump.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
xena ridiculous jump.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>all this modern technology and CURRENT YEAR cgi
>still looks worse than a TV show from the 90's

also

>wonder anorexic

jesus fuck I mean just get Lucy lawless and call it a day she's only 48 and still looks hot as fuck
>>
File: Steve Rogers.jpg (30KB, 475x350px) Image search: [Google]
Steve Rogers.jpg
30KB, 475x350px
>>87483801
>probably they didn't want to spend a lot on CGI since it's more acting focused and not a lot of special effects, like that captain america first avenger movie
First Avenger had very effective SFX and makeup work, and Evans has a lot more charisma and talent than Gadot.

It also doesn't help that Gadot looks like pre-Vita Rays Steve outside of her padded as fuck costume.
>>
File: Wonder Woman Gal.jpg (87KB, 926x648px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman Gal.jpg
87KB, 926x648px
>>87483826
The copious use of molding to make Gadot look like she has a figure gives me a laff.

They might as well have cast an attractive twink at this point.
>>
>>87483851
>and Evans has a lot more charisma and talent than Gadot.
this is the right answer.

its less about Gadot's body being a twig, (though that is an issue) and more about the fact that she's also incredibly wooden and just has all the charisma of a plank of wood.

Chris Evans meanwhile, is nothing BUT charisma, which sells him as Captain America.

Not to mention, you know, he actually fucking got jacked for the role. (as well as getting as scrawny as possible for the pre-super soldier scenes)
>>
>>87483851
lel, he looks like a fucking booblehead
>>
File: Steve Rogers2.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Steve Rogers2.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
>>87483908
Pre-vita rays Steve was all CGI from the face down.
>>
File: skinny-guy.jpg (31KB, 266x424px) Image search: [Google]
skinny-guy.jpg
31KB, 266x424px
>>87483949
which is how that sort've guy generally looks.
>>
File: xena.jpg (462KB, 824x1199px) Image search: [Google]
xena.jpg
462KB, 824x1199px
>>87483899
she also just doesnt have the right kind of jawline or chin. Honestly her face is just too jewish.

her face+neck shape are just all wrong. everything about her face is just... off for Wonder Woman.

>>87483957
for real? That's pretty impressive.

I suppose a better example would be Christian Bale then, who became a skeleton for The Machinist and then regained his weight + muscle for Batman.

but in general, Evans still bulked up to play the part. So did Hemsworth.

Even Ben Affleck put on muscle to play Batman.
>>
Seriously? With a fan base like you guys. The films will always fail. It's hilarious to watch you guys take a well shot, well done trailer, and then just cry your way through it.

It looks good. What I hope this movie does, is that it shows how stupid her being vulnerable to sharp weapons is. I mean, the only trouble I have with her as person, is how can someone who can tank a few blows from Doomsday... be taken out by a metal bullet?

Anyways cheer the hell up, maybe have some faith in DC, after all third times a charm.
>>
Reminder that Gal Gadot stood on a ball in preparation for this movie.
True fact.
>>
>>87484012
forgot to add to this- compare Gadot's jaw and neckline to Lucy lawless in her prime. Lucy has a far better defined jaw, (it's also a more well developed, stronger jaw, which from a psychological perspective imposes the image of strength, both of body and character) and a well shaped neck.

Gadot is a twig with a scrawny neck. I mean, it's honestly an anorexic supermodel neck, not a "I'm an amazon warrior" neck
>>
>>87479325
In that one story it matters that it's Superman who pumps the tires because he lost his superpowers so without his fantastic side things have to get real.
The rest of the time, it couldn't matter less.
The tires are almost always pumped. Who pumped them? We don't know. We shouldn't care. It's not a detail we need to find out for everything else to work out.
>>
>>87484012
Gadot has the figure and bone structure of someone who's been starving themselves since pre-adolescence for beauty pageants, which is in fact the exact case.

She just doesn't have the nutritional foundation to get fit at this point.
>>
>>87484013
Suicide Squad was the third time, m8. They're on their fourth movie.

And unfortunately for WB, they have to prove themselves with this movie for people to begin to have faith again as their previous fuck ups with BVS and Suicide Squad.
>>
File: Gal Gadot.jpg (156KB, 798x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Gal Gadot.jpg
156KB, 798x1000px
You can only get this Starving 3rd World Figure by not eating.
It's only done intentionally in 1st World nations.
>>
>>87484074
>their previous fuck ups with BVS and Suicide Squad.
I mean, they are fuckups from a creative point of view maybe, but Suicide Squad making 750 million on a 170 million budget is hardly a fuckup to the beancounters.

Even BvS made very close to 900 mill on a 250 mill budget.

Im not happy with Warner's current DC movie strategy, but they can't really be called fuckups if they made bank.
>>
>>87479074
>>
File: 1432494026039.jpg (329KB, 500x2035px) Image search: [Google]
1432494026039.jpg
329KB, 500x2035px
>>87484123
This.
They can float this awful forever on Joker and Batman appearances.

Entire generations have been conditioned to throw money at Batman of any quality.
>>
>>87484123
Well, we are talking about the quality of the movie here, not box office. These movies have been rather profitable yes but box office alone does not determine the value of a film.
>>
>>87484152
Damn, Gal Gadot looks like that?
>>
>>87484158
>but box office alone does not determine the value of a film.
It does to the people who greenlight movies, which is all that matters to studios.

As long as you buy the tickets each time, they don't really care how much you cringe in the theater. They aren't chasing Oscars here.
>>
>>87478322
Fuck me that looks silly.
>>
>>87481223
At least Momoa has read them because he played him. He actually wasn't bad, the story was just shit.
>>
I don't give enough of a fuck about DC in general to be 'worried' about anything they do. I mean I don't get 'worried' about anything having to do with entertainment. What the fuck dude
>>
>>87479531
Are you fucking retarded or just a clueless shill. Like, being paid to be genuinely retarded.
You can't fucking say there's "brown and gritty" in DC movies in a thread that starts with a pretty colorful sequence. You are just parroting a objetively false claim in order to get internet points.
You're sheeple. You're lost.

On the other hand: Marvel movies look like fucking shit in comparison, so this is not actually the best board to talk about cinematography. So, >>>/tv/
>>
>>87478605
Even when she's back to the camera standing still her acting still looks bad.
This is Hayden Christensen levels of terrible.
>>
File: Mamoa.jpg (525KB, 975x850px) Image search: [Google]
Mamoa.jpg
525KB, 975x850px
>>87484215
Mamoa scowled and flexed effectively in a role that called for simple scowling and flexing.
I suppose if Aquaman is written as an undersea caveman, things will go well.

Please don't confuse what Mamoa has been doing thus far as acting.
>>
>>87484196
Well all these films were in the pipeline even before BVS dropped, the only way they would have stopped production completely is if there was some massive flop which obviously isn't gonna happen when you do a movie with Batman and Superman in it, for the first time regardless of the quality. But the fact that movie still couldn't pull a billion dollar haul is still pretty telling of just how this movie didn't completely go over with audiences as much as it should have, especially coming off a billion dollar trilogy with the Nolan Batman franchise.

I'm not gonna be paying for this movie, personally. Hollywood greenlights a lot of crap I pass up on, and this will be one of them.
>>
>>87484264
I know that memes and shit but I'm curious. Why?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>>87484158
tell that to the people who made money at warner.

Do you think they care about 'quality" and longevity? Hollywood in general has stopped caring about any of that. All they care about is creating a franchise they can milk for money. Quality is a secondary concern.

Terminator 2 had state of the art CGI for it's time, but the reason it still holds up today is because they put effort into the CGI, and blended it with top notch practical effects from the Stan Winston school. It's easy to miss it, but many of the T-1000's effects were actually practical, outside of any explicit transformation sequences.

the bottom line is, Terminator 2 was a sequel in a "franchise" that was made with tons of genuine quality. Warner's current crop of DCEU movies have very little of that quality, because they are churning them out on a fixed schedule to compete with Marvel, and not because they actually care to make a Justice League movie.
>>
>>87478322
Youre retarded if not. How many films have to suck before you at least become wary?
>>
Look at it this way: Every critic who shills for Marvel will have to choose between writing a good review for a DC film or appearing to others as a sexist for criticizing the first modern solo female-led superhero film.
>>
>>87484297
This. Marvel falls under that radar too. There's no heart and no genuine interest, just deadlines and money. Deadlines and money. Ironically, like their comics are doing right now.
>>
File: Furiosa.jpg (149KB, 680x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Furiosa.jpg
149KB, 680x1056px
>>87484297
The difference in WW is going to be the sheer lack of acting ability from the lead heroine.

Gadot cannot even muster Underworld-tier screen presence.
>>
>>87484296
I don't really know. When I watched that sequence I felt like what was in her mind was "Am I standing still correctly?" and she was fighting to not look back at the camera. Not "oh fuck, what's that thing falling from the sky?"
Then again that's probably partly a directing problem as others have pointed out, hell she even looks up as the plane is going down.

As for Christensen the fact that his bad acting transpires even when dressed as Vader.
>>
>>87484345
Here you go.
>>
>>87478625
She can use the power on others and does so liberally.
>>
>>87484386
What the fuck
>As for Christensen the fact that his bad acting transpires even when dressed as Vader.
The NOOOOO sequence was bound to be hilarious no matter what
>>
>>87484371
Charlize Theron would never appear in a Snyderverse film, she has taste.
>>
I despise and hate the generic heartless Marvel trash. But this looks no better.
>>
>>87484345
the difference is that you can at least see some pretty genuine effort and creativity in marvel's first phase. Iron Man is still a very good movie. In fact i think it still holds up best out of the lot. It's got that "2000's superhero movie" feel to it, the kind that the Raimis Spiderman movies and Fantastic 4 had. It feels unique.

Captain America and even Thor also, still feel pretty good themselves as stand alone movies, although IMO, by then the universe building started and you can feel less of a uniqueness to those two in particular because they exist just to lead into Avengers after Iron Man was a hit.

but now post Avengers 1, that's it, they have a franchise, a successful one, and the quality is seriously slipping. You're getting the cheap TV tier CGI, the bad writing, etc.

But at the very least, the start was good. Warner's start (MoS) was rocky at best
>>
>>87484452
I explained to you how I felt, if you thought she was believable there, good for you. I didn't see Wonder Woman, I saw a confused model trying to take a pose.

>The NOOOOO sequence was bound to be hilarious no matter what
The "acting with your arms, but very very slowly" didn't help. It's not opera.
>>
File: HuntsmanWintersWar_PosterArt.jpg (47KB, 319x449px) Image search: [Google]
HuntsmanWintersWar_PosterArt.jpg
47KB, 319x449px
>>87484472
Yup

>>87484480
But what are you going to do. People will keep the wheel turning, injecting money in the machine because they have been conditioned into thinking that what they are seeing is decent
>>
>>87484511
There are still definitely qualities to be found in phase 2. GotG was neat in general even if it has faults and your mileage may vary in terms of tone, and Ant-Man despite having glaring flaws imo had some great, fairly unique stuff.
>>
>>87484371
Shit, why didn't they cast Charlize Theron? I could see her pulling off WW pretty well, much better than the emaciated jewess at least.
>>
>>87478322

>Wonder Woman: "DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH......"

Acting!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (25KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
25KB, 1280x720px
>>87484546
>>87484546
>It's not opera.
That was outside the actor's responsability and you know it. What was intended there is the pretty picture Lucas had inside his head and nothing more.

>>87484511
Didn't feel Thor. Captain America had a great first half, but it became pretty soulless in the second.
>>
File: CIA2.jpg (30KB, 1050x576px) Image search: [Google]
CIA2.jpg
30KB, 1050x576px
>>87484602
Marvel is always trying to be charming and funny, even if it occasionally doesn't work out.

WB is doing this paint-by-numbers and trying to make it fly by slapping Snyder's visuals over bad plotting and ludicrous Goyer dialogue.

Nolan taught them that you could market retarded stories if the visuals and musical scores were slick enough.
>>
File: galgadotww.jpg (16KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
galgadotww.jpg
16KB, 450x450px
>>87478436
I think this picture of gal gadot as wonder woman is pretty sexy.
>>
>WB Executives
they're almost as bad as Sony Execs
>>
File: kM_lPhzP.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kM_lPhzP.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>87484635
flawless impersonation
>>
>>87484644
>That was outside the actor's responsability and you know it. What was intended there is the pretty picture Lucas had inside his head and nothing more.
Not really, acting direction is minimal in Hollywood. And I get that it's hard to act when your face is not visible, but he certainly can't do it. There's no emotion to the way he moves his body.
>>
>>87478436
It's the hairstyle that gives her that pinhead look
>>
>>87484666
Ironically GotG and Ant-Man's qualities are also in the visuals (respectively set design and fight storyboarding), the plots were unimpressive at best.
>>
File: smug_ghost_eats_french_toast.jpg (39KB, 457x496px) Image search: [Google]
smug_ghost_eats_french_toast.jpg
39KB, 457x496px
>>87483957
>>87484012

You seriously couldn't tell that was CGI?
>>
File: WW1 plane.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
WW1 plane.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
I wanna know how/what/why a WW1 aircraft is supposed to be doing in some remote part of the Mediterranean?
Aircraft carriers didn't exist, and the very sporadic conflicts in that sea were all dreadnaughts and support ships.

Or are we going to be expected to accept that this is WW2 painted with WW1 graphics, with Ebil Nazis and all that? Because that's what I am getting.
>>
>>87484731
>Not really, acting direction is minimal in Hollywood.

Get the fuck out of here. So it's just a coincidence that actors who are fine in other movies suddenly do a really bad job when directed by a shithead like Lucas or Shamawow?
>>
File: 1473002053973.jpg (124KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1473002053973.jpg
124KB, 1024x768px
>>87481829
The Kaiser was a moron, but giving Germany the fault for WWI was pretty unfair.
Many historians these days agree that the Tzar was the only big player that REALLY wanted this war to happen.

On the other hand, violating Belgium's neutrality was just a shit idea all together and it would have never turned into a world war if Fritz had just fortified their borders and simply beat back the russkies.

In any case: No, it doesn't sit well with me, that Wondy is killing off 1914 Germans as if they were 1941 Germans.
Hell, can't they at least throw in some turks too. Nobody likes those at the moment and they fucked the Australians shit pretty hard.
>>
>>87478322
>Marvel shills are this desperate
>>
>German's are the bad guys meme
>didn't cause WWI
>wanted to right the wrongs of an unfair treaty after WWI
the only retarded thing was Hitler trying fight everyone, getting greedy and getting hit hard with propaganda
>>
>>87484666
>snyder
>goyer

neither of which are directing wonder woman
>>
File: Earnest.jpg (6KB, 180x240px) Image search: [Google]
Earnest.jpg
6KB, 180x240px
>>87484813
>the plots were unimpressive at best.
They are Heroes Journey fables, they aren't going to be Godfather 2.
They have actors with charisma in stories that aren't full of pants-on-head retarded plot hooks and unintentionally hilarious dialogue.

You aren't establishing character by having people literally say "He's a Hothead", or have minimally armed cops mass-charging into sewers for "Muh Plot Progression".

I don't go to Iron Man for Hamlet, I just ask that it's not Earnest Goes to the Middle East.
>>
File: Patty Jenkins.jpg (19KB, 268x330px) Image search: [Google]
Patty Jenkins.jpg
19KB, 268x330px
>>87484938
>neither of which are directing wonder woman

Yeah, they surely have zero influence, I mean, Patty Jenkins has always been known for her extensive use of Slo-mo action sequencing.
>>
>>87484925
Also all the genocide and violent stifling of opposition
>>
>>87479840
i pay $80 for free bandwith, jesus, living in a shithole has some benefits then.
>>
>>87485009
everybody did that shit back
the only thing is Germany encountered allied propaganda that painted them as the "bad guys". A lot of people didn't want to be part of the war like WWI, but with good PR the Allies set a Good Side/ Bad Side scenario which motivated people. Gotta hand it to them that was a good strategy
>>
>>87484941
No one knows what that is, old-timer
>>
>>87484853
I'm saying it's minimal, not that it doesn't exist. More than coincidence it might be bad decisions or laziness on part of the actor.

And really, I'm not seeing it. McGregor and Neeson were fine under Lucas, hell even Portman was, Christensen was just never a good actor.
As for Sham, Gibson and Phoenix were good in Signs, Sam Jackson was great in Unbreakable, Osment got a fucking acting Oscar under him, and Mark Whalberg was just acting too out of his comfort zone. Nobody in The Last Airbender can be considered a great actor.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>people having expectations for capeshit movies
>>
File: 52.gif (1MB, 309x191px) Image search: [Google]
52.gif
1MB, 309x191px
>>87478322
What the fuck have i seen?
>>
>>87484847
Maybe it wasn't an actual fighter plane, but a recon plane or something like that.

>Or are we going to be expected to accept that this is WW2 painted with WW1 graphics, with Ebil Nazis and all that? Because that's what I am getting.
Well pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>87478322
Jesus Christ, DC has been a laughingstock ever since TDKR. These are darker days than Batman and Robin and Steel.

The only reason why the damage from these films don't choke the brand entirely is because the earlier films were so good and iconic and nobody really likes the new films anyway.
>>
>>87485148
I'm not a war historian, but I wonder if anyone had recon planes during WW1 capable of patrolling the Mediterranean.
I'm assuming that this Mysterious Island isn't 3 miles off the coast of Greece or something.
>>
Jenkins's career is over after this.
>>
>>87484941
I'm just saying, the plots were just as by-the-numbers as those of the DCEU, just told better.
>>
>>87478814
It's WW1 and many versions have had it that she can take hits from extremely strong people but peircing attacks like arrows or bullets can harm her.
>>
File: Tornado Man of Steel.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Tornado Man of Steel.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>87485209
The Marvel plots have at least a logical progression to them, the DC films have shit happening for No Raisin simply to get us to the next action setpiece.
>>
>>87478322
Reminder that it's squeezed into a season full of blockbusters, all of which are guaranteed to be better and make better money.
>>
File: Green Lantern.jpg (306KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Green Lantern.jpg
306KB, 640x480px
>>87485253
Not even a Green Lantern performance can stop the Snyder Train at this point.

And this thing looks very Green Lantern.
>>
File: 20161102_180603.png (636KB, 1079x1095px) Image search: [Google]
20161102_180603.png
636KB, 1079x1095px
>>87479093
This is the biggest problem, they've taken it so far that during the teaser you can see that pic related is a stunt double and it's painfully obvious because it's in slow motion. who thought this ok? what idiot watched this, put it in slow motion and said, "yeah, that looks good".
>>
>>87485209
The plot of BvS just doesn't make sense on any fundamental level.
It's entirely "Batman and Superman are gonna death-battle, make that shit happen" and completely throws logic, characterization and motive right out of the window to enable the fight-scene.
>>
>>87485294
This looks worse than Green Lantern. It tried to be bland fun, this just looks tryhard. She has no real connection to WW1. They were just scared of moving on Cap's turf yet gave her a redundant shield.
>>
>>87485190
First transatlantic flight was in 1919, it would possibly have been earlier if it wasn't for the war, so crossing the mediterreanean (and crashing doing it) isn't exactly bonkers.
>>
>>87480856
What?

MoS was a disappointing mess. BvS was an atrocious clusterfuck with next to no redeeming qualities. SS was.... shit, I don't even know what to call that, 20 music videos stapled together?

They keep getting worse.
>>
>>87485330
That girl has some meat on her bones!
\
At the end of the day, WB will go "Chick directors, amiright?" and go on with the next Batman movie. This is like when a floundering company elects it's first female CEO right before the shit hits the fan.
>>
>>87478367

>Amazon with god powers
>person
>>
>>87484276
Except for the fact that if you saw Conan, you'd know he can't even do that convincingly.
>>
File: dr-manhattan_l.jpg (47KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
dr-manhattan_l.jpg
47KB, 400x300px
>>87485444
>god powers
>Watching the bullet slowly whiz by her head and doing nothing.
Is she Manhattan? Could she have turned the bullet to steam or plucked it out of the air, but didn't have any steak in it?
>>
>>87479585
Like 6 weeks.
>>
File: hMg9Twv.jpg (117KB, 928x460px) Image search: [Google]
hMg9Twv.jpg
117KB, 928x460px
>>87485494
>didn't have any steak in it?
>>
Put this universe out of its misery now WB

Focus on TV and let the MCU slow down, they're already getting C-listers out

Reboot after Infinity War part 2
>>
File: Pa and Clark.jpg (67KB, 618x331px) Image search: [Google]
Pa and Clark.jpg
67KB, 618x331px
>>87485494
>Is casually shown blocking bullets later with just about anything

I will laugh my ass off if she didn't stop that bullet because "She wasn't supposed to show her powers or bad stuff would happen".
>>
>>87485569
wrong meme, but ok.
>>
>>87485576
>expecting patience and restraint from execs
Wew. Their job isn't thinking long term.
>>
>>87485615
I wasn't aware that was a meme desu
>>
>>87485632
Why are Disney execs the only competent execs in the world?
>>
File: ozymandias.jpg (55KB, 400x563px) Image search: [Google]
ozymandias.jpg
55KB, 400x563px
>>87485596
Even Ozy can slap a bullet out of the air, why didn't Diana?
I mean, that is her signature fucking move. Will apologists claim she "was new to her powers" again?
>>
File: 1399613397966.gif (892KB, 392x269px) Image search: [Google]
1399613397966.gif
892KB, 392x269px
While the trailer looked abysmal, The one thing that really annoyed me was the slo-mo shot following the soldier's bullet. I am so fucking sick of movies doing this, it is so overdone and is such a lazy way to generate tension and make action scenes cooler.

In fact slo-mo in general to me feels like they wanted to either pad the movie out to fill time, or they think they still live in the early 2000's when it was a novel thing to do in films.
>>
>>87485695
I'd assume it's the first time she's seen a bullet or that's how they'll explain it
>>
>This week we have exclusively learnt that whilst the film wrapped in May, the cast and crew are heading back for reshoots in around two weeks’ time. It’s unclear yet as to whether these reshoots were pre-scheduled or have been newly planned, and we’ve not yet been able to ascertain how significant they will be, but they are happening. Unsurprisingly, reshoots will be taking place in the UK, at Leavesden, where a castle and period buildings were constructed for the original shoot.

https://www.flickreel.com/exclusive-wonder-woman-heading-back-for-reshoots/
>>
File: Doc Grill.jpg (67KB, 492x285px) Image search: [Google]
Doc Grill.jpg
67KB, 492x285px
>>87485663
>>
>>87485721
Probably, but it's still retarded as fuck. Couldn't she imagine a sharp object at that speed would at least be as effective as an arrow?
>>
>>87485692
I guess they show restraint when it comes to Mickey but aside from that I'm not really seeing it.
>>
>>87485721
I assume that the Amazons are already at "deadly fast projectile" levels of technology, given that they are able to slam arrows into cliffs and swing by lines.
>>
>>87485697
Blame Snyder.
Not even memeing.
>>
>>87484869
Doesn't matter whose fault the WW1 because all three big powers involved were at fault.

But the good Germans decided to plow through nations not involved in the war and yeah, that makes them the bad guys.
>>
>>87485813
Luxembourg makes the Germans "Evil" in WW1, with everything else that went on?
>>
I won't bother to say why I think this looks like garbage because it's been said a thousand times here already. It just saddens me that people will give high ratings to this, will praise Gadot's '''''''acting''''''''' because people are that desperate for a WW movie, and reviewers are spineless cunts who won't criticize a movie starring women. Just look at Ghostbusters. At least that one bombed but I don't see WW suffer the same fate unless it goes against another blockbuster.
>>
File: mfwMan of Steel.jpg (20KB, 544x352px) Image search: [Google]
mfwMan of Steel.jpg
20KB, 544x352px
>>87486646
>unless it goes against another blockbuster.

It's sandwiched between Member Berries.
Depp and another Pirates of the Caribbean open in front of it, then Cruise reboots The Mummy franchise behind it, and Pitt with World War Z2 on that same following weekend.

So basically it's Gadot vs Depp, Cruise and Pitt.

No need to worry.
>>
>>87478322
Can't be worried when you never thought it would be good.
>>
>>87478322
I'm not a little worried. I'm a lot worried. It's going to suck like the rest of the DCEU movies.
>>
>>87478850

WB will keep doing superhero movies, even if they are shitty.
>>
File: Affleck Dogma.jpg (32KB, 415x260px) Image search: [Google]
Affleck Dogma.jpg
32KB, 415x260px
>>87486900
>Wonder Woman opens at #2 behind Pirates 5 second weekend
>Fades to #4 behind The Mummy and WWZ2 in second weekend

>DCfriends faces when
>>
>>87479093
>an this asshole stop recreating 300 over and over again for fuck's sake
>He probably isn't even directing this but his style just HAS to be everywhere in the DCEU

Snyder is ghostdirecting this movie in spirit, the director is jenkins even if this looks like a snyder movie
>>
>>87487328
Are we sure it's not Snyder in drag?
>>
>>87478322
Eh. After Strange turned out to be another by-the-numbers Marvel snoozefest, I'll take anything that looks different. I'll give them a chance. I wish execs would stop meddling and let DC movies do their thing, and I wish audiences weren't so beholden to the standard capeshit formula.
>>
>>87487345
Too tall
>>
>>87487328
We thought Terrio was "writing" BvS, when it was clearly Goyer's script throughout.
"I thought she was with you" and "Save MARTHA" are pure Goyer.
>>
>>87479281
>Reminder that Wonder Woman is killing good German men fighting for the innocent German Empire.

shut up, this isn't any true
>>
>>87479281
Fuck off you idiot. Germans were responsible for WWI.
>>
>>87487347
You've earned this.
>>
What does the DCEU even do at this point? With every movie that's shit, the general audience gets less forgiving. Every time a movie comes out a critically flops, WB takes it as a sign for intervention, making the movie even worse. And because the movie is worse, they think they need to intervene again. Including WW, they've already got at least 8 movies in development, and it looks like each movie is going to go through it's own special flavor of development hell. They'd never do it, but they should put a hold on these movies, and give themselves the time they need to put in the planning that should've been there in the first place, rather than altering shit on the fly.

I don't want the DCEU to fail, and not because I'm a fanboy. I just want good movies, and at this point, I don't see any fix for what's been started.
>>
>>87479325
>>87479213
The tire pumping in that story isn't to answer the question, though. It's in service of the story, of the fiction; in this case, it's being done for humour.

Morrison's point is that elements of stories exist in service of those stories. There's a difference between showing Superman and Batman pumping the tires for a joke and showing Alfred doing it just to whet the appetites of audiences who care more about minutiae than the story itself.
>>
>>87479426

also if she was able to see the bullet going to hit her amazon friend. she then have superspeed. She should take down the soldiers pretty fast.
>>
>>87478322
Her breaking the laws of physics there isn't worrying. It's a superhero story. Physics isn't invited.

From a cinematography perspective, though, that shot lingers way, way too long. The use of slow motion for that long isn't really necessary, and it makes the audience notice how awkwardly she's posed in the background. It does a real disservice to the effect they're trying to create.
>>
>Every DCEU thread
>I'll take anything that isn't Marvel
>It'll be better than this marvel movie
>At least they're doing something different than Disney's MARVEL

>Every MCU thread
>I actually enjoyed this movie
>I really didn't like the movie but I can't wait for this movie
>How do you guys feel about this thing that happened in the movie?
>>
>>87487522
It's been a long time since The Dark Knight.
Being a DC fan is suffering.
Plus the Marvel fandom has beat them up so long that the cringe is reflexive.
>>
>>87478374
he was literally aiming at the wall. She dove in front of the bullet.
Its clearly not his fault.
>>
>>87478322
What worries me, is that it looks as bad as Warcraft.
>>
>>87487582
They better pray China eats this shit up, too.
>>
>>87487599

China only returns 25% of the boxoffice
>>
Isn't Snyder criticized for overusing slow motion?
Is the DCEU basically going to be from the perspective of the Flash or something?
>>
File: hacklet.jpg (376KB, 1293x1546px) Image search: [Google]
hacklet.jpg
376KB, 1293x1546px
>>87487357
>>
>>87487347
>Eh. After Strange turned out to be another by-the-numbers Marvel snoozefest, I'll take anything that looks different. I'll give them a chance

this is the type of DCEU fans. take any shit tha tis different, even if not different at all
>>
She isn't even looking at the airplane as it is crashing into the water. It even looks like she is looking down at the ground to see her mark to stand on.

Why were the Raimi Brothers put in charge?

If they know how to make Sword and Sandals and know Wonder Woman characterization, it is them.
>>
File: Cvd7vC2XEAArp6m.jpg (125KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Cvd7vC2XEAArp6m.jpg
125KB, 960x1280px
>>87487345
>>87487357
kek

Patty is qt tbqh
>>
>>87487511
I know they want it to look like Diana is looking at the bullet out of curiosity, and that Captain Kirk than tackles her out of the way. Which then causes it to hit the Amazon that was just happening to be swinging behind them at the same time.

Yet you look at it and you don't see that.
>>
File: Alfrede-Pennyworth.jpg (26KB, 266x350px) Image search: [Google]
Alfrede-Pennyworth.jpg
26KB, 266x350px
>>87487708
>China only returns 25% of the boxoffice
WoW pulled $47 million in the US, and over $200 million in China.
>>
File: Rachel.jpg (19KB, 573x300px) Image search: [Google]
Rachel.jpg
19KB, 573x300px
>>87487845
>Patty is qt tbqh

She's IS beautiful.
>>
>>87487903

I mean only returns 25% of their box office. so 200 millions is 50 for a foreign studio
>>
>>87486170

What is The Rape of Belgium. I don't like Germans portrayed as "bad guys" but Germany has a problem historically speaking, with handling civilians.
>>
>>87487928
Jesus, they replace Katie Holmes for that?
>>
>>87487978
Don't talk mean about Nolan's pigfu.
>>
>>87487845
I would legitimately fuck the shit out of Patty Jenkins.

She's a hot milf.
>>
>>87479399
>>87479495
She sucked someone off.
>>
>>87487845
>>87488017
You two realize that Patty is on the left, right?
>>
>>87488040
Kek

Not that Lynda Carter isn't attractive herself.
>>
She's going to be the worst thing about this movie isn't she?
>>
File: Patty Jenkins2.jpg (33KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Patty Jenkins2.jpg
33KB, 600x399px
>>87488059
Lynda is legit attractive.
Patty is "your friends unattractive mom" tier, even when dolled up.
Stop looking at pictures from 15 years ago.
>>
>>87487522
You simply can't argue with success.
A movie that's making bank but gets slammed critically is open to derision as schlock.
A movie that is praised by critics but doesn't get asses in theater seats missed its audience, but could become a cult hit. You can fight over that all day.
Marvel makes movies that are thoroughly competent, easily enjoyable and somehow managed to square the circle on how to make a franchise with 14 movies in 8 years that all make bank, most massively so.
Yes, they are not beyond reproach, but detractors hardly know much about how one makes a movie, what constitutes good movie making or how to market them.
So all they can do is spin the tiny amount of information they actually get negatively.
>Yeah, but, you see... These massive earnings are not quite as big as those massive earnings!
>QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS
>DISNEY BOUGHT ALL THE CRITICS OFF!
None of those really hold much water and just expose the desperation of people to somehow find fault in perfectly adequate movies. Not perfect, but generally pretty good and miles ahead of all earlier attempts.

DC fans are just suffering from being on the losing team. So naturally all they can ever do is bitch about the guys who are "winning".
I mean, DCEU really gives them nothing to be really proud of. Their films made some money, yes. But they fell behind expectations, got derided and with their big boys talk just made a bad impression.
Every movie was a production disaster, cut to shit or just depending on 180min runtime to look halfway coherent.
More and more it just looks like an all-round bad idea to be doing this.
They haven't really managed to make characters that are likeable in their golden age corniness (Cap is pretty adorable while Supes looks like a dumb, pubescent god), set a precedent with terribly ill-fitting tone and generally just look like a corporate reactionary move. And they attacked with nothing on their side, trying to pop a universe out of one film.
>>
>>87488132
This movie is likely to be too awful to have any one facet stand out in it.
>>
>>87488148
Nah, Patty is pretty qt and milfy as fuck.

Patty Jenkins strikes me as the type of woman who seems more or less 'normal' but she's actually the type who thinks sex is really empowering for women and probably has lots of kinky fetishes. Probably regularly goes to sex parties and shit.
>>
>>87488186
I bet she has sex in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation.
>>
>>87488132
I have high hopes for her. I'm really hoping she's the Faora of the movie. The underling who ends up being super memorable due to having a few cool scenes and a lot of presence.
>>
>>87478322
Why this doesn't look like the first trailer at all?
>>
>>87488186
You strike me as the sort of Anon who really needs to get out and talk to real girls.
>>
>>87488203
That dirty skank.
>>
File: d0014374_55345c3bde42a.jpg (245KB, 953x1024px) Image search: [Google]
d0014374_55345c3bde42a.jpg
245KB, 953x1024px
>>87488233
I mean, just look at her. She has the confidence and she's just pretty enough to make you wonder. It's like one of those situations where you wonder if a girl is kinky, and then you find out they're crazy for all that kinky shit.

And even if she weren't, she'd be open enough to try it out. She's my mom-fu.
>>
>>87487854
The problem here is, they sit behind separate pieces of cover, the bullet passing between them.
He has to cross the path of the bullet, tackle her to the ground and then they land there in the sand. You don't even see that giant, retarded lunge.
It kinda looks like he just ported behind her or something.
Would have made so much more sense to pull her back from behind. That would have made sense and be easier to shoot.
Now they have to try and trick you into thinking the entire process might look feasible in any way.
>>
>>87487854
Exactly. The scene has a point, but the method used distracts from that point rather than illustrating it.

Part of me feels like the 'point' of that scene is also to have something cool for the trailers. My intuition tells me that in the film itself, Diana's first exposure to violence will be made clear in other ways, making the slow-mo bullet shot superfluous.
>>
>>87488298
Okay, /tv/. Whatever you say.
>>
>>87479281
>Trying to use the conflict to fuck over France at the drop of a hat even though the root conflict was in the Balkans.
>innocent
Fuck that. They were already a militaristic, expansionist empire fueled on a history of Prussian nationalism, and were using the entire war as a pretext for crap they already wanted to do.
>>
File: Jor El2.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Jor El2.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>87488341
>Diana's first exposure to violence
They are a warrior culture, armed and armored.
She spends a lot of the film Snikting people with a sword.

You honestly think they are going to portray the Amazons as pacifists?
>>
>>87478585
There's that one Batman short where he invents a shield that deflects bullets to make himself immune and imposing but they just end up ricocheting and hitting someone nearby
>>
>>87484172
I know right? I take back everything I said about her acting chops. She is nailing that look.
>>
>>87478322
Sure, but I don't get what so bad about this specific shot that makes you guys harp on it.
>>
>>87483809
I'm intrigued by his Batman solo where, although he'll be the protagonist and likely walk away the victor, he'll cast supporting actors that shine brighter than him. Maybe his Nightwing and Joker will be gushed about and Batman will be serviceable.
>>
File: Alfred P.jpg (7KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred P.jpg
7KB, 194x260px
>>87490289
>supporting actors that shine brighter than him.
So every single Batman movie ever made?
>>
>>87490151
>Sure, but I don't get what so bad about this specific shot that makes you guys harp on it.
The entire sequence with the archer doesn't make sense. Worse, the slow motion shot lasted too long and served no purpose but make it look stupid. Slow motion is suppose to help you see something that normal motion would have missed, but in this case it did nothing.
>>
>>87490151
>but I don't get what so bad about this specific shot that makes you guys harp on it.
Jesus christ on the cross.....
>>
>>87490320
Now that I think about it, rarely is Batman the absolute highlight. His supporting cast and rogues gallery is what takes his corner of the universe to that next level. I also wonder if the DCEU lasts long enough, he and Johns will introduce Damian to mainstream audiences.
>>
>>87478904

You can say the same for the MCU. Or are you going to say the MCU movies are faithful to the comics?
>>
>>87487472
>>87484055
>>87483144
>>87479265

Harold Allnut.
>>
>>87483908
>>87483957
Skinny Steve is a CGI enhanced body double. The guy is British, iirc. Watch the movie on FX sometime they go over the process.
>>
File: 1318990312538.jpg (13KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1318990312538.jpg
13KB, 250x250px
>>87478322
I'm more worried over RT reviewers.

>Give the first super heroine movie in ages a bad review because it's doesn't have a Marvel logo on it.
>Get called a misogynist for reviewing it badly.
>>
>>87480370

She fought nazis.
>>
>>87480621

You're dumb as fuck.
>>
>>87490872
>>Give the first super heroine movie in ages a bad review because it's doesn't have a Marvel logo on it.
>>Get called a misogynist for reviewing it badly.
The Catwoman and Elektra films got bad reviews. Ghostbusters2016 is the only film that managed to force reviewers to give them an okay score.
>>
>>87480944
>>87480958
>>87481112
>>87481164
>>87481223
>>87481252

Snyder is a director, not script writer. Chris Terrio, the script-writer, read plenty of comics and myth and hist books for this shit.
>>
>>87479281
>Germans
>Human being

pick one
>>
>>87490977
>The Catwoman and Elektra films got bad reviews
Those were movies pre-CU fad/social media outrage call out culture that's been within the cultural osmosis for some time now.

So far the WW movie doesn't have anything controversial going for it on the scale of CisBusters, so we probably won't see any contrarian reviews.
>>
>checks youtube for various reactions to the trailer

>a few excited people, and a lot of lukewarm

Compared to the hype for every other film so far, yeah, I'm a little fucking worried.
>>
not really
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1JhHvzZTM
>>
This movie will do fine, mostly because it's a Wonder Woman movie and no one really cares.
It doesn't have the pressure on it and the expectations that a Superman or Batman movie has
>>
>>87478322

If you pick it up at normal speed, the bullet is still moving really fucking slow.
>>
>>87478814

She had blunt force defense +50, but she had to dump all her resistance to piercing damage.
>>
>>87490872
>Reviews give it a bad score
>"Oh look biased reviews are at it again!"
>"They are misgonists! How dare they give the first female superhero movie a bad score"
>Internet outrage

>Reviews give a good score
>"WBs paid them to give good scores"
>"They're only giving it a good review because the main character is a female superhero"
>Internet outrage

It's a lose-lose situation. Either way, I'm looking forward to the fireworks.
>>
>>87491187
>This movie will do fine, mostly because it's a Wonder Woman movie and no one really cares.
>It doesn't have the pressure on it and the expectations that a Superman or Batman movie has
Warner cares. They really, really care. But just because they care doesn't mean they know what to do.
>>
>>87491276
>It's a lose-lose situation. Either way, I'm looking forward to the fireworks.
As long as the review matches audience expectations, it would be fine.
>>
>>87484941

>that aren't full of pants-on-head retarded plot hooks and unintentionally hilarious dialogue.

That's a lie. Pretty much all MCU movie is that.
>>
>>87491187
>This movie will do fine
It's sandwiched between three high-budget action films in June.
It only took one action film and a cartoon to kill Man of Steel's box office, and MoS was hyped far harder than Wonder Woman.

So unless WB is banking on this doing sub $500 million, they are going to be disappoint.
>>
>>87478374
>Apparently she's swinging as fast as a bullet.
Considerably faster, actually. At the rate she's moving right-to-left on screen and the rate the bullet is moving toward the background, she should be out of the way before it hits the wall. She went from being well out of the line of fire to center of line of fire in the time it took the bullet to pass from one of Godot's shoulders to the other, and still has ten feet to go when the camera angle changes.
>>
>>87491549
Marvel has awkward intentionally silly dialogue, and the plots and motivations actually make sense, despite serious efforts to find "holes" in them.
>>
>>87491549
No, MCU is intentionally hilarious dialogue.
"unintentionally hilarious" is when they're trying to be serious but it's so badly written that people laugh at it (Baneposting, for example).
>>
>>87491611
>despite serious efforts to find "holes" in them.
Why didn't Dr Cho use the Cradle to print Widow a new uterus?
>>
>>87491611

>and the plots and motivations actually make sense

They don't, anon. People just don't think about it because the movie have a lot of banter and fun scenes.
>>
>>87478534
>So is she the only one who can Max Payne bullet time the world?
No but Snyders and the movies he produces think that adding bullet time is the only way to film half your action sequences.
>>
File: Legit RT review.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Legit RT review.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>87490872
>The world's FIRST female superhero gets her own movie to break the ice in a sea of male driven cinematic universes, and it exceeds ALL expectations.
>>
>>87491050
What makes you say that a director shouldn't have a literate mindset? You must think the same way Snyder does, that the main brunt of his job is about directing the visual elements of the film. Meanwhile, he can't get lifelike performances out of most of his actors, and his movies are chopped up in a way that abuses the story.
>>
>>87478322
Of all the most contrived situations a character gets shot...
>>
>>87491863

I'm just being realistic. Snyder don't seem to be the guy to write shit. He's definitely the idea guy and that mostly for actions stunts and scenes.

For example in MoS he wanted to have this entire sequence where Jor-El's robot servant become this huge Transformer-like robot with swords and gatling guns and fight with Zod's forces in a very complicated and big action sequence in order to buy Jor-El time.

Nolan and Goyer told him no.
>>
File: 1462958378974.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1462958378974.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>87478322
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>87481611
>pope being okay with intelligent design
You're aware that the catholic church never saw a problem with the theory of evolution, right?
>>
>>87478322
They should rename Murphy's Law to Snyder's Law.
>>
Considering that the DC films so far have been at least interesting (and that BvS was a masterpiece) I'm not worried.
>>
>>87478322
Nah.

Maybe if I gave a damn about Wonder Woman in the first place. She's by far the worst member of the trinity.
>>
>>87494677
>You're aware that the catholic church never saw a problem with the theory of evolution, right?
Also an organisation that large almost certainly have a file named "in case of Aliens, follow this protocol".
The Catholic Church isn't going to count on aliens not existing. They have contingency plans to change their religious interpretations if and when the time comes.
>>
File: 1474341099096.jpg (82KB, 666x562px) Image search: [Google]
1474341099096.jpg
82KB, 666x562px
>>87485813
>But the good Germans decided to plow through nations not involved in the war and yeah, that makes them the bad guys.
Oh you mean how the Germans marched through neutral Belgium on their way to attack France?
Yeah that was terribly evil and an act to create a world war over.
Gladly nobody of the allies ever did anything similar at any point in the war.
Assembeling some kind of 5 nation army to march through neutral greece to attack bulgaria would've just made everyone look evil and completely like hypocrites. I'm glad all the good guy countries of the war never did that.
>>
>>87494888
They have an entire department dedicated to xeno research, actually.
>>
>>87494734
lol
>>
>>87495963
Different strokes for different folks mate. BvS is an all timer in my book.
>>
>>87479093
I think more the issue is the creative people behind all their movies, no matter who they are, are in love with elaborate, stupid action.

Firing a tow line into a cliff and then riding down it shooting arrows not only has no tactical advantage, it's stupid looking and so over the top that especially in CG, it's just horrifying.

The problem is the people making this garbage are those movie faggots that love the stupid, "fun" elements of movies but have no clue what context they're appropriate in, and don't care. It's like if the Angry Video Game Nerd was behind a big budget Hollywood film. Someone that loves movies - especially idiotic or old ones - but isn't smart enough to know why they work or don't work.
>>
>>87495997
Here's your reply.
>>
>>87479888
Turdbutters was an outlier mainly because a lot of critics were terrified of giving it a negative because of the huge marketing campaign that focused on Hitlerizing anyone that didn't like the movie as some sort of anti-woman overweight basement dwelling monster.

The funny part of that is they spent twice as much on marketing as they did on the movie, which they also spent a lot on. They thought it was going to be their big hit, and had multiple new films and other shows and cartoons planned for it. Their plan to silence critics worked, but actual reception was so incredibly bad that it cost them hundreds of millions of dollars.
>>
>>87485330
Hell, they should have just gotten the stunt double to play WW, her acting couldn't possibly be worse than the current one.
>>
>>87496518
>elaborate, stupid action.
>no tactical advantage

It's comic books you idiot, looking cool is the whole point, who gives a fuck about being tactical?
>>
>>87497610
Except that doesn't look cool. It's just stupid looking.

Plus the whole excuse of it being comics (or "it's just a movie") in my experience is something idiots throw around to try to shrug off even basic rules of storytelling.

One of the things bad 90s and 2000s CG should have taught everyone is that just because you CAN do something does not mean you should.
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.