[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emasculated male Disney characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: 982468_032.jpg (50KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
982468_032.jpg
50KB, 320x240px
So there was a post here>>87470461 >>87470704 that I didn't agree with that. I respect Usagi too much to start an argument about an unrelated topic in a thread about it so I made my own thread.

That said, all Disney male characters are emasculated? Are you kidding me? I mean, in the princess movies, that's one thing but is "show any kind of emotion at all" equal "pussy" for you?
>>
>>87470812
Last post you quoted is bullshit. Especially concerning Zootopia. It was Judy that got the major moral slapping, not Nick.
>>
>>87470812
Disney has portrayed men as incompetent buffoons for a while now. Probably started since Mulan. But ever since Little Mermaid? They started to inject those annoying Rebellious Female Leads whom the male characters simply cannot handle because it's not politically correct.

In a clash between male vs female? Disney and all companies side with the vagina character because it won't piss off the twats in theaters. Plus it helps sell more merchandise because women are stupid and buy anything.
>>
>>87470969
Is that why the movie ended with the following exchange that's become the common default of Western Media?

Dumb Fox, Smart Bunny.

Of course the fox is male and the bunny is female. Fuck any halfwit that defends this shit. Western Men love being emasculated which is why they love junk like Avatar.
>>
>>87471065
You sure get triggered easily. The Nick/Judy exchange was good-natured and implied that they might be developing a relationship. At the very least they are good friends and good friends trade jabs a lot.
>>
>>87471107
Hell no. We all know that the "politically correct" method of showcasing Male/Female friendship, which is an unnatural concept, is to have a male be the buttmonkey who gets insulted and takes the womans bullshit.

If it was the other way around where it's the girl taking the insults? Every single emasculated bitch man and twat would be setting Disney's HQ on fire.

You just neeever portray women as inferior to men, that's not politically correct doncha know? And it teaches bad values to growing boys who should worship the holy vagina just like how media for kids advertises. It's all propaganda.
>>
>>87470812
Well duh

The zeigeist since the late 80's has been all about how men and masculinity are bad, wrong, or inferior

After all gender is a social construct, but men still suck
>>
>>87471167
Prepare to get spammed with emotional arguments and ad homs

Freethinking is verboten
>>
>>87471167
It was a play on the stereotypes of foxes and bunnies. Repeatedly in the movie they talk of clever foxes and dumb bunnies, so they trade jabs about how they both don't fit into the stereotype of their species. It was a race thing, not a gender thing.
>>
>>87470812
True men, the ones who run the world, don't watch this shit. They don't read comics or play video games. Any of the lesser males who do need to be left behind or turned into good mindless musclebound labor or cumdump fuccbois to be used by said labor.

The females of the species, on the other hand, need to get a leg up. They need to rise in capability and potential until they too can be ubermensch. Only then with the union of highest quality male and highest quality female will the species hit its true singularity.
>>
>>87471035
Maleficent. Ursula. Doris. Yzma. All defeated by male characters.
>>
>>87471596
Wasn't talking about Hero vs Villain type clashes. Talking about male portrayals in stuff like Eugene and Rapunzel from Tangled. The writers always side with the twat.

But since you mentioned Maleficent, did you forget the recent Live Action film? It was sadly successful. People love this annoying Pro-Female and Anti-Male message whether it's blatantly overt or subtle.
>>
>>87471065
This is some Hugh Mungus tier triggering except in the opposite direction.
>>
>>87471771
>like Eugene and Rapunzel from Tangled

The bubbly, naive girl and the smart guy who saved her from a life of slavery? Eugene is smarter and stronger than herin nearly every way
>>
>>87471209

>Freethinking

>le sjw/kikes/nigs/PC/feminism/numale/beta/alpha/epsilon/gamma/triggered

very original and free
>>
>>87471167
>>87471065
>>87471035
>>87471771

Back to /r9k/ with you
>>
File: comblr.gif (877KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
comblr.gif
877KB, 375x304px
>>87472205
>>87472175
>>
>>87472137
What movie were you watching? In Tangled Eugene was the buttmonkey. Every bad thing that could happen to him did. He got knocked out by Rapunzel more than once, got his ass kicked by Maximus the Dog Horse, his plan of backstabbing those robber brothers? Backfired and his plan of scaring Rapunzel with those bar thugs? Also backfired.

The guy was a loser in all ways. He even got his ass killed off by Gothel. And the honor of killing off the villain in that movie was the chameleon. The animal mascots were more masculine than Eugene ever was. Quit sniffing estrogen /co/.
>>
>>87472234
>Nose isn't red
You can't even shitpost right faggot.
>>
>>87470812
If people fear for their masculinity so much that they feel getting one-upped by a girl in anyway somehow invalidates them, then they were already super insecure to begin with and were literally just waiting for a trigger so they could start crying.

An actual man would feel zero shame if he got bested by his girlfriend, wife, or had to do something really girly with his daughter.
>>
>>87472729

>A man won't be emasculated if he is emasculated BUT is ok with it.

Is still emasculating.
>>
>>87472792

how many layers of emasculation are we talking about?
>>
>>87472729
You're a faggot. There is actual shame because it's a fact of life that women start looking for "more alpha" cock to suck when a man somehow stops giving alpha vibes of any kind. Such as a woman defeating a man.

Also this bullshit in media of pussy whipped emasculated males has been going on since what? The Flinstones and forward? It's taken DECADES for men to be fed up with these shitty portrayals of male characters and even so look at how many manginas look forward to that Gynocentric filth of a Wonder Woman movie.

Fact of the matter is that most men have no dignity, but the few that have dignity? Those are the cream of the crop as they call out bullshit and likely get more twat ass than beta faggots.
>>
>>87472260
>Every bad thing that could happen to him did.
Bad things like getting the girl and becoming king/crown prince?

Eugene is the smart, unlucky Indiana Jones kind of guy. Everything goes wrong all the time but he just roll with the punches and in the end of the day he's the winner. It's hardly a new trope.
>>
We need to realize that we're MEN and that we're STRONG! We can't let the WOMEN keep getting away with it! The male REVOLUTION is here, rise with me BROTHERS! Together we will tear down the nu-males, the feminists and the matriarchy! RISE!
>>
>>87472234
>No red nose

Come the fuck on
>>
>ITT butthurt morons
Tangled, Wreck-it Ralph, Zootopia... In every single movie the female was saved by the male lead at least once. Fuck, the turning point of Zootopia was Nick's speech which saved Judy's career. And even when she cracked the case she still could not catch the responsible party without him and literally begged for his help.

Literally every movie is how both the male and female lead needed each other and to cooperate to succeed. But unless the female sits quietly and makes sandwiches you scream "emasculation!"

I guess not being noticed by women can make you pretty jaded, so keep spilling that impotent hate, fuckheads.
>>
>>87471167
He spent the entire movie giving her the same insult, along with others. The line was just showing that they banter back and forth now.
>>
>>87473110
>how both the male and female lead needed each other and to cooperate to succeed

Except that in all these films women are celebrated and portrayed as everything they have NEVER been. And that's another lie, men never needed women to survive since they're expected to work in some way.

Women? Without men or rather tax payer money women would starve and give blowjobs for their next meal. Mass Media is full of lies about the female sex. Always making them seem intelligent, capable, love men for who they are, etc. Pure bullshit.
>>
>>87473216
wew lad
>>
>>87471065

This doesn't make sense Anon.
They went "Dumb fox, smart bunny" because when they met Nick called her a "Dumb bunny".

It also seemed more like Nick was carrying the movie better than Judy.
>>
>>87473216
Go tell that to your mother. Tell us how she responded.
>>
>>87472845
I'm sure you learned that from the droves of beautiful women just tripping down the stairs of your mother's basement to throw themselves at you.
>>
>>87471035
Not necessarily, look at Nick and Judy's relationship in Zootopia. The film is definitely from Judy's perspective but they don't empower her by making Nick dumb.
>>
>>87475316
They actually empowered her by making it seem like women are competent cops which is bullshit propaganda lies. Without Affirmative Action, women wouldn't be stealing jobs from men. Even Judy knew she was a "Token Bunny."
>>
File: Zootopia u mad.gif (2MB, 247x340px) Image search: [Google]
Zootopia u mad.gif
2MB, 247x340px
>>87475374
>>
>>87470812
Ralph was one of the best animated male characters of the decade.
>>
>>87473117
I don't think he actually watched Zootopia.
>>
>>87473110

That's gender politics in a nutshell, two groups of miserable people fighting over who's the bigger victim and oppressed by anone who doesnt kiss their ass.
>>
>>87472845
Spoken exactly like the permavirgin cuck you are.
>>
>>87475428
How was he good? He became Vanellope's patsy. I don't give a damn if Vanellope is a "little girl" she was an annoying entitled cunt. Being voiced by Sarah Silverman the Feminist doesn't help.

Once a male character becomes a servant or punching bag to a twat? He's lame as shit.
>>
It depends on the character.

For example of fairly masculine characters (and there are a few different ways to be masculine, btw) would be Basil and Dawson from the Great Mouse Detective, Gaston from Beauty and the Beast (he might be book dumb, but he is far from being stupid in other areas), Aladdin and Jafar (again, in different ways), Nick from Zootopia, obviously you have the more stereotypical man Hercules, Frollo is far from emasculated, etc.

Disney does have a wide variety of male characters that play on various aspects of masculinity, good and bad. Just because the movie makes jokes at the expense of a male character doesn't really mean anything or that the male character is being emasculated. If that was the case, then Tuff Puppy has some major misogyny going on because of that cat getting so much abuse going by that logic.
>>
>>87475559
They both helped each other overcome their awkwardness. They were both an equal amount of asshole to each other. What do you want exactly in each character?

>>87475617
I forgot that it can get this insane here. Back to the /pol/ or /r9k/ or whatever degenerate board you crawled out of. Calm the edge my nigga.

Settle down we're talking fucking cartoons you faggots. If you're that butt blasted about this and forcing your agenda into it this hard you're watching it wrong.
>>
>>87475836
I wonder how old OP is, I used to shitpost this kind of shit when I was 18 years old. Now I'm 24 and I'm nowhere this bitter and moody about fucking cartoons.
>>
>>87475836
Ralph...an asshole? You mean the guy who we saw feeding the homeless videogame characters while Vanellope who assumed Ralph was homeless started off by making fun of him.

As for what should be done in media? For one thing make it illegal for manginas to work in there. No more "stronk womyn" bullshit. Show women for the horrible parasitic leeches that they are to men. Show them be ugly. Lord knows male characters can be portrayed so hideously in kid's stuff, but never the females. They're always "superior" and even if they're shit? They're never punished for their shit. That has to stop.

Also write male characters who understand women, no more of this "muh waifu" bullshit crap that keeps on getting whored out in media.
>>
>>87475990
>As for what should be done in media? For one thing make it illegal for manginas to work in there.

Okay, what? This screams a few things here. First off, you clearly don't consume a lot of media. Secondly, what you propose is basically censorship of people you disagree with.

>Show women for the horrible parasitic leeches that they are to men.

Because men can't be leeches to women, right? Not all women behave the same way, much like not all men behave the same way.

Honestly, your time spent here complaining about cartoons is better spent on men who are actually suffering. But like most Feminists who turn a blind eye to FGM and stoning of women in the Middle East, you're gonna just keep shitposting and not actually help a man about to kill himself or actually get out of an abusive relationship.

You pretend to be enlightened about the world and to have the answers to complex issues but in reality, you're just a child who is never going to make a difference in the world. I don't say this to be mean to you, but so I can help you be a better man.

Because you aren't a man now.
>>
File: tumblr_lab7djsCDN1qcd9z3o1_500.jpg (68KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lab7djsCDN1qcd9z3o1_500.jpg
68KB, 500x300px
>>87475692
Basil wasn't particularly masculine. He had a lot of traits that you can't pin down to being a male character. He was dedicated, but moody. Snobbish, but had a heart in there somewhere. Fiery, but...well...

>tfw the bad guy you've been playing mind games with decides to cut the bullshit and just beat you like a rented mule

God DAMN that scene triggers me to this day...

Hercules (as you mentioned) is a good example of a competent (he was naive, but got shit done), strong male character, as is Tarzan. They were disappointments at the box office, but they had the excuse of major competition. Say what you will about The Mouse, but they don't discriminate against male leads much.
>>
>>87475990
Vanellope got better later on when she got a friend.

Ralph played along with her and they got along in the end.

Who fucking cares? They were adorable cartoon characters with a snarky sense of humor, not Hitler. There are no cartoons that even fall into the "stronk women" category. There is nothing of the sort.

>>87476215
Actually some great words. How about >>87475990 fucking help someone around you instead of complaining for the fortieth time about how much you hate an 8 year old cartoon character lmao.

Is it me or is /co/ becoming really shitty lately? I mean more than usual. Just very hateful. I can't even discuss anything anymore without someone telling me to kill myself. It's getting fucking ridiculous. It's like the shittier boards infested the place.
>>
>>87476675
>How about >>87475990 fucking help someone around you instead of complaining for the fortieth time about how much you hate an 8 year old cartoon character lmao.

Well, my hope is that he'll read that and get his life in order. He doesn't have to become the greatest person ever but where does one get off complaining about shit and they aren't doing anything?

I mean seriously, even if he just focused on men's issues, I don't think that man who is dying of prostate cancer gives a fuck about how a random Disney character is "part of the gynocentric matrix" or some shit. I don't think the man who is trapped in an abusive relationship cares about the "stupid husband" trope on tv. Your life has to be fucked beyond hope if the worse thing you can complain about is goddamn video games and cartoons.

Maybe OP needs a coffee date with Anita Scamkessian. I think they'd be a cute couple.
>>
>>87476675

It's not you, and it's been getting steadily worse every weekend.
>>
>>87477377
>>87476675

This MRA guy has been on a crusade against Disney movies for AT LEAST a year. He's Frozens and Zootopias' equivalent of the barneyfag.

Always the same words, "gynocentric", "twat", "pedestal". It's like a bingo of randomly generated butthurt nonsense.
>>
>>87478424
>Always the same words
>It's like a bingo of randomly generated butthurt nonsense
This seems to be the general flavor of /co/'s shitposters.
>>
I swear half you fucks have never actually been in any form of relationship outside of high school.

The shit between nick and Judy? Banter between friends/couple
Ralph and Vanellope?
Has much less to do about her being a girl and more about her being a bratty 10 year old.
>>
I don't think men are being treated unfairly in Disney movies. I rather think that men are so complacent in their position as the dominant gender that some of them consider everything but the uncritical worship of masculinity an insult. One has got to have some pretty major self esteem issues if men being portrayed as fallible and women being portrayed as capable is such a controversial topic.
>>
>>87471035
>Probably started since Mulan.
but the movies real hero was ping anon!
>>
File: man vs woman.png (558KB, 849x355px) Image search: [Google]
man vs woman.png
558KB, 849x355px
>>87479459

Moana will be no different. But it's going to have so many songs!
>>
File: 1477180464366.png (158KB, 417x405px) Image search: [Google]
1477180464366.png
158KB, 417x405px
>>87477377
>>87478424

I'm really glad people are noticing. Every week it seems more and more idiotic faggots come into threads and derail them with the freshest buzzword for no reason. I can't even say which cartoons and comics I like anymore without someone getting triggered and shitting their pants.

>I like (blank)! Let's talk about it!

>You watch (x)? DURR BUZZWORD BUZZWORD BUZZWORD!

I used to like /co/ because people would actually discuss things from time to time. As much as I love occasional fun chaos on the board, it gets hard to have fun when you can't talk about anything. Everything is like a console war with each show and comic. For a board dedicated to something as zany, fun, and cool as comics and cartoons, most of this board really is a killjoy. Animation is supposed to be fun, not a battlefield.
>>
>>87470812
I think that's a personal problem
>>
>>87478424
Shut up whore
>>
I just was in mall and saw kids playing on oversized versions of board games, lady wanted to split players into two boys and two girls teams but the kid with long blonde hair said " But I'm a boy!"

that's was hilariously sad.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.