[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 is upon us >still no Usagi Yojimbo film in the s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 78

File: uy5.jpg (31KB, 350x424px) Image search: [Google]
uy5.jpg
31KB, 350x424px
>2017 is upon us
>still no Usagi Yojimbo film in the style of the Ruroni Kenshin movies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jXTzaOKFfs
>>
>>87457936
1) There's not enough interest for an Usagi movie
2) Stan Sakai probably wouldn't give his blessing for one anyway.
3)I'm okay with just enjoying the comics and not letting Hollywood ruin something I love.
>>
There was a stage play though right?
>>
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeah that could be really cool maybe

would probably be awful though

i think it would make a much better episodic cartoon than feature film
>>
There is Jei and there are the cat ninjas, are their any villains/plot points that could hold up a movie?
>>
>>87458651
Dragon Bellow Conspiracy

But like >>87458128 said a series would be better
>>
>>87458128
>>87457958
>Not wanting to live in a world where Dreamworks does a terrible catchphrase-laden adaptation
>Complete with lolwhackyWapaneseamirite
>Crosses over with Kung-Fu panda
>BOTH main characters voiced by Jack Black
>Not wanting to have a clear source of rage for the next ten years

It's like you guys are okay with not being mad all the time.
>>
Sakai approved of that one claymation UY short from a year or two ago. It really showed how well Usagi would work outside of 2D animation.
>>
I´ve never read it. Does /co/ recommend it?
I love Samurai Jack. Does that mean I´d like this?
>>
>>87457936
Dude I totally forgot these Kenshin movies were a thing. I remember really being intrigued by Takeru Satoh being cast as the lead. How were they? The clip you posted looks really good, shitty music aside.
>>
File: Miyamoto_Usagi.jpg (21KB, 243x317px) Image search: [Google]
Miyamoto_Usagi.jpg
21KB, 243x317px
>>87459210
Really, there's only one way to find out.
>>
>>87459210
I'll recommend the Hell out of it. It's different from Samurai Jack in a lot of ways, but if you enjoy typical westerns and samurai movies you'll probably enjoy this too.
>>
File: kitsune seg.png (138KB, 378x604px) Image search: [Google]
kitsune seg.png
138KB, 378x604px
>>87458651
>>
File: mendicant.jpg (253KB, 810x611px) Image search: [Google]
mendicant.jpg
253KB, 810x611px
>>87459210
>>
>>87459210
>Does /co/ recommend it?
Let's put it this way:

/co/ rarely discusses things they actually like and universally acknowledge as good, because they can't spit venom and shit on someone when there's no opposition.

With that in mind: How often do you see Usagi Yojimbo threads on /co/? That's pretty much a certified seal of approval in and of itself.
>>
>>87459210
I heard about UY for the first time about 12 years ago. It was supposed to be good, but I was not convinced.

I read my first comic a year ago. Now I own all paperbacks of the main series (over 30 years worth of them, this is a long running series) and cannot wait for the upcoming Usagi Yojimbo Legends book, since it will have all the spin-offs I miss to complete the series.

It's the most consistently good comic I've ever read. Even when it takes on an overplayed or cliché plot, the execution makes it great.
>>
>>87459228
really fun. honestly one of the better live action anime adaptations, it finds a good middle ground for "grounded battles" and "shounen action"
>>
>>87457936
At this point Usagi has his own style, he neither does nor needs to copy anything else.

>>87457958
>>87458651
After how gorgeous Zootopia was I have no doubts about the looks if it was a modern (cgi) animated film, but it'd have to be one of the big studios. But most of them would change too much only to fit as much as possible into their copyright cogs. Blue Sky could work, their Peanuts were both good and faithful to the original. But yeah, Stan is gonna (rightfully) protect his laws as a creator and most companies deem promoting someone else's property (who does not want to at least share the rights) unworthy of their effort. I mean, Eastman and Laird may have gotten richer and get official recognition for their work, but since a few years back, TMNT aren't truly theirs anymore. And knowing that slippery slope there is no way Stan gives up a single hair from his rabbits head away from his supervision.
>>
File: Usagi Yojimbo.jpg (174KB, 1280x689px) Image search: [Google]
Usagi Yojimbo.jpg
174KB, 1280x689px
>>87459210
Got into it a few years ago in High School, it's pretty damn great all around I'd have to say.
>>
>>87457936
>in the style of the Ruroni Kenshin movies

But those where awful
>>
>>87459733

Laika
>>
File: Usagi_4.jpg (33KB, 360x273px) Image search: [Google]
Usagi_4.jpg
33KB, 360x273px
This isn't one of those series someone has a handy mega link for, is it? I only really know Usagi from his appearances on TMNT
>>
>>87457958

This. I don't want a movie. Maybe an animated film, 2D and made in France. That, I can see being good.

>>87458128

Yeah, a series would be great.
>>
File: am usagi replace.jpg (38KB, 249x252px) Image search: [Google]
am usagi replace.jpg
38KB, 249x252px
>>87458651

There are so many 'villains' and stories worth telling.

Or you go the 'monster of the week' route if you involve Sasuke but that would make Usagi very upset.
>>
>>87460038

nevermind did some snooping and found it online. I know what Im doing this weekend
>>
>>87459941

Not enough ghost children.
>>
>>87459980
There is one fairly new "complete collection" on The Pirate Bay (still, never issues are missing) but I do not know about any direct download links.

Still, the 500+ pages Saga books are dirt cheap on Amazon now so you should consider buying them. Worth every cent.
>>
>>87460484

Enjoy, anon.

I got into it through BType's daily storytime - he did a book a day for a month. It was so good.
>>
File: when your bro hits up a sloot.jpg (638KB, 1280x1928px) Image search: [Google]
when your bro hits up a sloot.jpg
638KB, 1280x1928px
>>87461688

The Saga books are so good, I'm very slowly but steadily trying to collect them all. Stan deserves your money, but there are so many comics it can take a while to collect them all.
>>
File: 20161104_123723.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161104_123723.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>87461706
I just said "fuck it" and bought them en masse. Money well spent. Now it's the waiting game for the next two tomes (the next Saga misses only one trade - if they plan another one it's gonna be out in a year or so - and "Legends", already announced by Stan) and then it's back to trades.
>>
>>87457936
I'm five issues into the 1987 run and it's already the comfiest series I've ever read. I hope it continues being that way since I'm reading an issue a day and it's supposed to get me through freshman year at college.
>>
>>87461947
Haha, oh man. Comfy is one way of putting it. It only gets better. The comic never dips below really good and occasionally soars in excellence. I envy you so, the first read is magical.
>>
Back in the mythical days of the 90s, they *almost* made a Space Usagi cartoon using the same studio that did original TMNT but because Bucky O'Hare's cartoon was bombing hard at the time, they canned the project.

Don't get me wrong, UY is one of the greatest long running comics ever, but a movie would necessitate one or two things happening: the series gets stupidly popular in a mainstream sense (which would lead to a subpar adaptation with needless celebrity voice acting or some shit,) or a good UY adaptation is either made via a beloved fan adaptation or if Stan took a bullet for the guys at Laika.

Thing is, UY is art. Storytelling art, visual art, and just plain art art. We can all buy the books, support Stan Sakai to keep the story going, but art by itself, in this day and age isn't enough to get a movie or even a series budget out of the guys sitting on piles of money.
>>
>>87457936
Fuck that, Usagi Yojimbo videogame when?
>>
File: Sakai-Fujii_24.jpg (125KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
Sakai-Fujii_24.jpg
125KB, 800x535px
>Sergio Aragones will never be the best man at your wedding
>>
>>87459231
>>87459243
>>87459441
>>87459546
>>87459738

Why, thank you Anons! I´ll be sure to add it to my list of must reads.
>>
Fuck it, lets make this a real Usagi thread, quick mention in your opinion what you considere the best arc in the cómic for the moment
>>
>>87461835

NICE

I'm very jelly, I don't have a lot of funds right now. If I did, I would get all the special hardcovers for it. I bought one though, just needed to have one for my collection. Both soft and hardcover are so worth the money.

>>87461947

>comfy

Yes, most of the time. Until Stan decides to fuck you over with some prime sadness and misery. And that hits hard.
>>
File: being a comics fan.png (425KB, 402x615px) Image search: [Google]
being a comics fan.png
425KB, 402x615px
>>87462115
>but a movie would necessitate one or two things happening: the series gets stupidly popular in a mainstream sense (which would lead to a subpar adaptation with needless celebrity voice acting or some shit

Anything but this. I would kill something. Maybe myself.

You're right though, even something like Tintin wasn't popular enough to become a really succesful film and get a sequel. And I think that one only got made because Spielberg loves the comics and put up the money.

pic related
>>
If aspiring comic writers and artists studied what Sakai does with Usagi when he is at the top of his game, the entire industry would benefit. He takes on the elements that by and large comics (and their creators) are missing these days: research, passion, and moderation. He knows his shit because he researches like a mad man to make his stories that much better. He constantly delivers because his passion behind his work has remained steady despite incredible hardships. And his stories are timeless (and can be enjoyed by every demographic) because he moderates what content he puts in without the bullshit trappings of outrage-driven controversy bait.

>>87465111
Grasscutter. I think it's one of the best mythology/history adaptations that we've ever seen in the western comic medium.
>>
>>87465408

Do comic writers and artists take apprentices? I know literary writers at least used to do. If I wanted a future in comics, I would beg Stan to take me on as an apprentice.
>>
>>87465111
I'm trying VERY hard not to say Grasscutter. Perhaps the Bridge of Tears arc? It's so hard to pick, they are all fantastic (with Grasscutter being just a bit more fantastic than the rest).

Oh, I know! The story of general Ikeda was the absolute high point for me. Not really an arc, but close enough.
>>
>>87462183
There's one in steam and it's not good at all, but there's that Commodore game IIRC
>>
Was anything new made after Sakai's death?
>>
>>87466622
No, considering he's still alive.
>>
>>87466645
He's just dead on the inside
>>
>>87466873
He remarried last year.
>>
File: ouchie.jpg (939KB, 1332x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ouchie.jpg
939KB, 1332x2048px
>>87465111

I won't say Grasscutter because it's too obvious. Jei's backstory hit me right in the feels.

>>87466622

Dude. So much good stuff. You need to catch up.
>>
>>87468540
The Thief and The Kunoichi
Holy crap what a story that was.

1. It had Chizu.
2. It had Kitsune.
3. It had Chizu not willing to take Kitsune's shit with poor Usagi in the middle.

All the kissing aside (by the way, Usagi and Chizu kissed 7 times total now), that story really made me wonder why Usagi is still friends with Kitsune. She can be a total self absorbed bitch sometimes.
>>
File: thread succesfully trolled.jpg (147KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
thread succesfully trolled.jpg
147KB, 638x479px
>>87468886

Yeah, she was really pushing it in this story.

But at other times, she's fun and light-hearted and she usually doesn't mean bad. I think Usagi sees how damaged she is and forgives her for that. He was with her when Noodles died, so...

I still hope she and Gen settle down somewhere and have some sort of happy ending.
>>
>>87468886
Combination of Chizu not being a completely terrible person and the people she normally gets in trouble with are legitimately bad dudes.
>>
>>87469396
I meant Kitsune not Chizu.
>>
I think I'd be okay with it if Sakai was allowed in the production and Disney was doing it
>>
>>87468886

Having only just started I already like Chizu
>>
>>87469451

>Disney

Nah, Usagi can get pretty dark. I don't think Disney would be true to it. Dreamworks might have been good, when they were still doing 2D.

I'd say European/French studios would be the best bet. Too bad they usually lack the funds.
>>
File: anniversary poster.jpg (123KB, 800x596px) Image search: [Google]
anniversary poster.jpg
123KB, 800x596px
>>87469500

Chizu has a rough life, but she is bad ass. I guess only Inazuma can beat her in stone cold badassery.
>>
File: TomoeAme.jpg (52KB, 307x663px) Image search: [Google]
TomoeAme.jpg
52KB, 307x663px
I can't help but wonder if they where shooting for a spin off of the 2k3 series?
>>
>>87466611
>>>87462115

I had that fucking game. I always kept committing seppukku
>>
File: usagi game.jpg (108KB, 607x425px) Image search: [Google]
usagi game.jpg
108KB, 607x425px
>>87466611

Well shit. I never knew. It looks good, at least. I might try it over Christmas.
>>
>>87469519
I only say Disney because every other studio is shit and at least I'm like 80% sure I'll get something at least relatively decent
>>
>>87469767

Was it Disney or Nick who wanted to rape the fuck out of Bone
>>
File: usagi2.jpg (157KB, 622x843px) Image search: [Google]
usagi2.jpg
157KB, 622x843px
>>87469767

Eh, that's true. It least it would look good and the voice acting would be okay.
>>
>>87459980
Google usagi yojimbo getcomics
>>
File: bugs sad.jpg (23KB, 232x197px) Image search: [Google]
bugs sad.jpg
23KB, 232x197px
>this will never be finished
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxnmeHHEGeQ
>>
>>87469872

Arigato
>>
File: dear god.jpg (156KB, 466x459px) Image search: [Google]
dear god.jpg
156KB, 466x459px
>>87469889

That is amazing. The voice acting could use some work, but that is damn impressive.
>>
>>87469519
Disney is pretty dark tho almost every movie starts with death
>>
>>87469816
Nick
>In the late 1990s, an attempt was made through Nickelodeon Movies to produce a film version of Bone. Jeff Smith said in a 2003 interview that Nickelodeon had insisted on the Bone cousins being voiced by child actors, and wanted the film's soundtrack to include pop songs by the likes of N'Sync. Smith's response was that one would never insert pop songs in the middle of The Lord of the Rings or The Empire Strikes Back, and therefore pop songs should not be placed in Bone either

That said, WB currently has the rights and has been "in production" since like 2010 or some shit
>>
>>87459210
Oh baby, this is like Samurai jack but he doesn't gotta get back to the past.

It's great. You're gonna love this mendicant ronin
>>
>>87469967

Yeah but the good guys don't typically cut down bandits in the street
>>
>>87469967

Not as dark as Usagi gets. Do you think they would allow someone like Jei? I doubt it.

Plus there is seppuku, other ways of honorable suicide, abandoning elders in the mountains to die, prostitution....all of that stuff. Usagi wouldn't be the same without it.
>>
>>87465111
The arc where Chizu tries to gain control of the Neko clan after it loses favor is pretty good. I like when Usagi first met Jotaro primarily because of how Usagis childhood rival desperately wished for Jotaro to treat him as a real father, and Jotaro as his real son.

Absolutely excellent
>>
>>87469889

Wow, that was wonderful. Id love to see a series in that kind of style.

>>87470008

Based Jeff Smith

>>87470046

1600s Japan was not a nice time
>>
>>87469652
Where's the imagen from? That artstyle seems familiar
>>
>>87458715
Okay, that made me laugh way too hard
>>
>>87458715
And don't forget the forced pop music every time they can
>>
>>87469767
Disney would turn it into Gynocentric propaganda emasculating shit. Capable male protagonist who has masculine traits? Not on Disney's watch. Laika is the ONLY studio of recent times that did a male character, Kubo, who wasn't a fuckboi or notably emasculated and dopey.
>>
>>87470461
>Capable male protagonist who has masculine traits?
Nick?

Ralph? (I mean, his entire thing was that he was too capable at his job)
>>
The biggest problem with UY right now is that it's stuck in a big limbo - the new stories are not gonna change it. Look at Senso - it was meant to wrap stuff up but in reality it pretty much said that the status quo remained until the very end.

It would be nice if Usagi chose between Tomoe or Chizu (or Kitsune), or if Hikiji's power actually shifted. Or if Jei's story got a resolution, but instead we're in this status quo where there's no resolution at all.
>>
>>87470535
Nick wasn't capable. He got manipulated by a female character (Judy Hopps) and needed the "all wise" female lead to make him see the error of his ways.

Ralph? He started good but became shit when he met Vanellope. After that? The movie was about how Ralph can bend backwards to please a spoiled bratty cunt. He was just her tool.

Do you see now? Disney and masculinity don't mix. Don't expect Moana to be any different. You got the cocky glory hound male character who is going to be taught to see beyond glory by the "noble" female Moana.
>>
>>87470559

But Jei's story got a huge leap forward quite recently when his backstory was revealed. Chizu is going through all sorts of stuff too. In the last story/one of the last stories Usagi said he was going to finally tell Jotaro that he was his father. Things are happening in the background.

I think Stan is planning another larger storyline, but it takes time. Nothing wrong with some short stories in between.
>>
Zootopia got me so mad because it made me want a Usagi movie
>>
>>87470704
I don't want to shit up a perfectly good thread so let's continue this conversation here >>87470812

>>87470752
I know right?
>>
>>87470712

True, we're moving at glacial pace though. I dunno, it might be that fatigue for 26 year now.

I enjoy the comic still, just wish like a big gamechanger like Grasscutter or Dragon Bellow conspiracy. So was Duel At Kitanoji. Mother of Mountains was actually great in that regard but I feel like we've rubberbanded back to status quo. Time will tell though.

Stan is getting older though so I don't want the series to end on a cliffhanger.
>>
>>87466006
I love Ikeda's story arc. Great stuff.
>>
File: horror.png (224KB, 311x470px) Image search: [Google]
horror.png
224KB, 311x470px
>>87470959
>Stan is getting older though so I don't want the series to end on a cliffhanger.

Yeah, true. But I really think there's going to be a big thing soon. The short stories have really been picking up in quality imo, Stan is getting back in his groove.

Besides....Sasuke and Jei have been bound to meet for years now. It's gotta happen at some point, I have to believe that. And then all bets are off.
>>
>>87470267

the tmnt 2k3 series
>>
>>87470752
True dat.

>>87471066
If Stan dies before he gets to end the story properly, we have Senso to wrap it up. That was kind of the point. He was feeling down and wrote a downer ending, but an ending none the less. And it wraps up Space Usagi too.
>>
>>87471139
That explains it, It's really surprising in how many tmnt series Usagi has appeared, wonder how many people get into it thanks to that. Wonder if he's gonna appear in the the actual series of the turtles eventually
>>
>>87471404

I heard he is appearing in the current turtles show.
>>
>>87465111
The Mother of Mountains easily my fave. Tomeo's half sister was the perfect villian
>>
>>87471872

Rarely was there such a raging bitch in a comic.
>>
>>87459925
The fight scenes are fucking badass, though.
>>
File: 1478271035805.jpg (277KB, 590x735px) Image search: [Google]
1478271035805.jpg
277KB, 590x735px
>>
>>87471404

I used to have his action figure. It was my favorite one. Didn't even realize he was his own thing till much later.
>>
File: usagi 43.jpg (341KB, 1024x1607px) Image search: [Google]
usagi 43.jpg
341KB, 1024x1607px
>>
>>87457936
>that scene
>imagine Usagi, tomoe, chizu and gen teaming up on one villain
>>
>>87459925
You know, I find this as a minority
>>
>>87473099
If we need all four to match him equally, then he has to be Sasuke levels of powerful. Even Jei had some trouble with Usagi/Gen (and later Gen/Stray Dog) as a duo.
>>
>>87472474
Those covers tend to lie a lot, don't they?
>>
So I know I don't watch much Japanese films, but from what I have seen; the kenshin films production quality seems to be high, ESPECIALLY considering it is an anime adaption
>>
>>87473327
Have we gotten a dragon yet? I feel that would work, perhaps make his hide into an inpenatrable armor.

Heck, we could make it into a China vs Japan thing, where a soldier Karp was sent to the sanzu river only to swim his way back up as a dragon
>>
File: 051929993.png (275KB, 786x798px) Image search: [Google]
051929993.png
275KB, 786x798px
>>87458715
Pls don't make me thing about that.
>>
>>87474607
Ok, what about Jhonny Deep as Usagi?
>>
>>87459441
I honestly tried to shitpost about Stan and Usagi because 4chan but you know, some shit you just don't do.
>>
>>87461835
Well spent. I've been getting the TPs since Fantagraphics so I won't get that massive Usagi overdose and I sort of envy you.
Ah fuck it, I got the Swedish translation of Valerian last week and got a good OD of that.
(Lovely printing but for some fucking legal reason they had to retranslate and the new translator wasn't as good)
>>
File: Seconded in scruffys voice.gif (31KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
Seconded in scruffys voice.gif
31KB, 300x200px
>>87471934
Second
>>
>>87473703
no sane japanese person would want to fund something as shitty as usagi yojimbo though
>>
>>87475085
C'mon man, you should know that shitposting doesn't work with Usagi
>>
File: 54287144.png (167KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
54287144.png
167KB, 600x800px
>>
>>87475150
It's true though.
Rarely, if ever, do you see anime adaptations of western works with good budgets.
>>
File: sudoku.png (342KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
sudoku.png
342KB, 394x394px
Even if they did make it Mako won't be in it
>>
File: circles.jpg (32KB, 572x427px) Image search: [Google]
circles.jpg
32KB, 572x427px
Since this started as a discussion of a usagi movie It got me thinking. What if the stars lined up just right and there was a Usagi movie made in the early 90s

>1990
>TMNT is at it's height in popularity
>Gets a live action movie That follows the original story maintaining the grit and dark aspects
>is a great commercial success.
>a year later gets a sequel, again a big hit.
>same year, 1991 Bluth releases Rock-a-Doodle
>his company's first box office failure
>historically sets off a string of blunders until Anastasia

but what if
>instead of going with a hans christian anderson retelling for his next film and following the same formula, copies of Circles found there way to Bluth's hands.
>It's got darkness Bluth's movie never shyed away from and it's the heart too.
gets in touch with Sakai.
>1991 TMNT toys are making big bucks
>Sakai has joined Mirage and is interested in licencing.
>This would lead to the Space Usagi pilot failing because a toy company wouldn't back it.

>Instead he gets the call from Bluth.
>Circles as a feature length.
>Sakai agrees if he can work on the film
>this happens.
>Sakai storyboards the film and sets a less manic pacing than than previous Bluth films. Don handles animation direction giving it the disney attention to detail.

I know I'm just daydreaming here but I think with TMNT where it was at the time, a Usagi film having a similar approach but the wildly different setting would have could fire. Plus Bluth was always great at capturing facial expressions and Sakai always made great use of that for his characters too, making them show more than they'd say.
>>
File: IMG_0508.jpg (30KB, 196x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0508.jpg
30KB, 196x200px
>>87474836
>>87475085

Give it up man, it's not possible
>>
There isn't a single thing a movie could do to improve the series. Even cheap movies are expensive nowadays and expenses mean compromises, as a comic Usagi will never be anything except what Stan Sakai wants it to be, and that's better than the best possible outcome for a film.
>>
>>87475514
what if the film was directed by hayao miyazaki
>>
File: 1451632604832.jpg (72KB, 432x463px) Image search: [Google]
1451632604832.jpg
72KB, 432x463px
Just went and watched the episode of the old TMNT cartoon where Usagi shows up

>he talks in a high, flighty voice
>"hello, my name is usagi yojimbo"
>fucking wrecks the turtles
>fucking wrecks some foot
>starts a food fight in a rabbit theme restaurant
>fights a dragon

holy shit my fucking sides
>>
>>87475590
Miyazaki is retired and overrated. I'm not saying his stuff isn't good, but he has a particular style that doesn't really mesh with an occasionally serious funny animal jidaigeki. Besides, I'm nearly as sick of his young woman with spiritual connections archetype as I am with Greg Rucka's butch lesbian fetish.
>>
>>87475590

Miyazaki has been off his rocker for like 30 years
>>
>>87475681
Miyazaki is great, fuck you.
There's a reason why his stuff will always be superior to Usagi, because he knows how to tell a good story.
>>
>>87475183
>it's a seven samurai - magnificent seven retellig of Usagi in a Wild West setting
Think about it. War with Mexico, tensions with natives, civil war, corrupt senators and governors, poor settlers, gold rush, greedy landlords and a lonesome cowboy working as a gun for hire.
>>
>>87475753
Your bait is weak, I deal with Australians.
>>
>>87475801
It's true though.
Castle of Cagliostro is kino.
>>
I wish Gen were more of an asshole. Usagi has so many hard but gold-hearted friends as it is.

>>87475822
go back to /tv/ where you belong
>>
>>87475753
It just doesn't work when everybody knows you can't possibly be serious.

>>87475614
TMNT 2003 did Usagi more justice and starred him in a few episodes. Plus, there were Gen, Noriyuki, Tomoe, Chizu and Hebi present, so quite a sizeable chunk of characters.
>>
>>87475855
i don't browse /tv/ faggot
>>
File: fRz88YcL_2509131837471.jpg (915KB, 1655x1250px) Image search: [Google]
fRz88YcL_2509131837471.jpg
915KB, 1655x1250px
Enough bullshit. Time for rabbit's waifus.

Tomoe or Chizu? Choose wisely.

Threesome is not an option.
>>
>>87475855
Gen was there first, his other friends should change.
>>
>>87475955
While Chizu's attraction in spite of herself is highly appealing, Tomoe.
>>
>>87475955
Honor before hoes
>>
>>87475960
Your post sounds exactly like something Gen would say. Well done.
>>
File: 1460582566545.jpg (233KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1460582566545.jpg
233KB, 1200x800px
>>87475882
>starred him in a few episodes
whaaaaat!

thanks for the tip friendo (:
>>
File: usagi shades.jpg (24KB, 479x361px) Image search: [Google]
usagi shades.jpg
24KB, 479x361px
>>87475955

Chizu

>>87476034

Yep. Which is why I was wondering earlier if they had plans for a spinoff. He first showed up as part of Battle Nexus
>>
What happened to Jei and that creepy little girl, anyways?
>>
>>87475980
And look how well that went the first time for mr "I cannot even tell my son I love him".

>>87475977
Tomoe is too much like Usagi. She'd choose duty before love. She wouldn't change who she is for anyone. Meanwhile, Chizu already became a better person thanks to Usagi's influence and she believes in true love conquering all. Remember those ninja lovebirds she relieved of their duty so they could live a life together? It did not end well, true, but only because of her traitorous officer's dickery.
>>
>>87475955
Tomoe

Her and Usagi are probably the only OPT I actually believe in.
>>
>>87476128
Last time we saw them, they were about to murder an adorable kid Usagi befriended a short while back and also that kid's poor farmer parents. Because Stan can sometimes be a massive dick.
>>
>>87476429

he really knows how to twist the tanto
>>
>>87476197
Usagi's love life track record:
- he left one behind to honorably serve his lord (TWICE), she married his rival (also a good man). There is a son. It's complicated.
- he almost betrayed his lord to be with another, who was to be politically married, but she tearfully forbade him to do so and they both kept their honor while losing each other.
- one is to be politically married to another man to strenghten her clan and her honor won't allow her to choose her true love over her lord's wish (Usagi 2.0). A Schrödinger's coitus between her and Usagi may suggest that Jotaro 2.0 is on his way. Or not.
- one he was ready to change his solitary life for died in his arms after saving his life, because he betrayed her trust and left her behind, realizing what she really meant to him much too late.
- there was a bat girl. Nobody is sure what that was about. She dead, man.
- one is a horrible ninja (way too honorable and caring) but a great leader. Currently without a clan, but with a plan for a hostile takeover and some serious reforms (no more working for the greatest asshole in Japan, for starters). She and Usagi kissed at least 5 times (once it was even him who started it) and he is the closest person in her life. But retaking her clan first, sentiments later (if she lives that long).
- Kitsune has a thing for Gen. She is on this list only so I could remind you of that fact.
>>
>>87476997
I don't remember the second one. Who was she again?
>>
>>87476997

so if she's a cat and he's a rabbit what would said baby be?
>>
File: RkCl0027.jpg (23KB, 350x248px) Image search: [Google]
RkCl0027.jpg
23KB, 350x248px
>>87477326
>>
File: look-son-a-faggot.jpg (62KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
look-son-a-faggot.jpg
62KB, 480x480px
>>87475914
Suuure.
>>
File: 1392586143052.png (190KB, 312x496px) Image search: [Google]
1392586143052.png
190KB, 312x496px
>>
>>87477902
fukkin saved
>>
>>87476997

man that's a Daredevil tier streak alright
>>
File: usagai kills.jpg (71KB, 580x317px) Image search: [Google]
usagai kills.jpg
71KB, 580x317px
what's up with the BLARG symbols
>>
>>87479353
It's a funny way to show that someone is dead
>>
>>87479500

should that be funny?
>>
File: tumblr_mn3bcpUtsY1qg8i80o1_1280.jpg (108KB, 771x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mn3bcpUtsY1qg8i80o1_1280.jpg
108KB, 771x800px
I find animals with hairstyles creepy. I am totally cool with Redwall and Mouse Guard. I like them a lot in fact. The fact that the animals in Usagi Yojimbo have hairdos totally puts me off.
>>
>>87479835
If there's a giant BLARGH skull coming out of the body then yes, yes it should.

But being serious, it was created to cut off any discussion if someone really died or not. The skull is like a game over screen. Plus it's iconic to the series.
>>
>>87479974
Honestly I'd wager on the lack of tails to trigger "some" people, but hey, I kearn something every day.

But it's mostly an aesthetic choice to make females super easy to identify in the sea of animal heads and crowd shots.

It's line how a bald dude is normal but a bald woman is a sad sight.
>>
>>87480282

the bald chick from Star Trek TMP was pretty banging
>>
>>87479353
Kid friendly death rattles.
>>
Aww Spot ;_;
>>
I could see Grasscutter being a movie, but I feel like you would have to combine Grasscutter I and II into one film.
>>
File: Usagi Yojimbo 026-021.jpg (411KB, 1024x1499px) Image search: [Google]
Usagi Yojimbo 026-021.jpg
411KB, 1024x1499px
STOP DYING! Why can't anything nice happen to anyone! THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM, 17th CENTURY JAPAN!
>>
>>87476997
When was bat girl and the one that died in his arms? Are these more recent developments? I haven't read thru the last few years of stories yet.
>>
File: Usagi Yojimbo 028-003.jpg (603KB, 1024x1499px) Image search: [Google]
Usagi Yojimbo 028-003.jpg
603KB, 1024x1499px
Hah. \Rape insinuation. For kids!
>>
File: Usagi Yojimbo 038-030.jpg (602KB, 1024x1499px) Image search: [Google]
Usagi Yojimbo 038-030.jpg
602KB, 1024x1499px
Oh boy something nice. Was that really so hard, Stan
>>
>>87459210
Yes read it asap it's incredible and long
>>
>>87475500
Shitpost wasn't me, I didn't even try in this thread. Was months ago, I typed out some edgy /b/ tard shit and just no. Felt like the disappointed Superman look.
>>
File: Classic Usagi Yojimbo 001-030.png (2MB, 1280x1874px) Image search: [Google]
Classic Usagi Yojimbo 001-030.png
2MB, 1280x1874px
>human

what the fuck is happening!?
>>
>>87479353
>the skulls are individualized for each species
It's little things like this that tells you Sakai has always loved what he is doing.
>>
>>87481204
That fucking latest issue. Stan is a fucking master of his craft and when he decides to kick you in the balls proper yor balls get kicked.
>>
>>87477270
The princess.

>>87480794
The girl from Bridge of Tears.
>>
File: 1476396461375.jpg (3MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476396461375.jpg
3MB, 1987x3056px
>>87480794
Oh and the bat girl was a ninja from this short story.
>>
>>87481504
Some plot point Stan decided to never mention again.

The early volumes felt like they were leading up to a faceoff between Usagi and Hikiji, but that would end the series. Does Usagi even know Hikiji killed his dad, I forget
>>
File: 1476396541923.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476396541923.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
Kazehime means "wrincess of the wind", by the way.
>>
File: 1476396629159.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476396629159.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>87481854
I'm sure it was "princess" when I posted. I swear, 4chan randomly replaces letters in my posts sometimes and it's the weirdest thing.
>>
File: 1476396716695.jpg (2MB, 1987x3156px) Image search: [Google]
1476396716695.jpg
2MB, 1987x3156px
>>
File: 1476396825847.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476396825847.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476396915378.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476396915378.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476397000792.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476397000792.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476397125871.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476397125871.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476397214460.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476397214460.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476397302932.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476397302932.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476397389593.jpg (2MB, 1984x3040px) Image search: [Google]
1476397389593.jpg
2MB, 1984x3040px
>>
File: 1476397474971.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476397474971.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476397563750.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476397563750.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476397653295.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476397653295.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476397805072.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476397805072.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476397893998.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476397893998.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476397981797.jpg (2MB, 1984x3016px) Image search: [Google]
1476397981797.jpg
2MB, 1984x3016px
>>
File: 1476398067538.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476398067538.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476398153165.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476398153165.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476398237876.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476398237876.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
Hooray for storytime!
>>
File: 1476398320115.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476398320115.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476398401984.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476398401984.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476398486249.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476398486249.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476398567371.jpg (1MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476398567371.jpg
1MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476398650805.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1476398650805.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>
File: 1476398805719.jpg (530KB, 1984x3016px) Image search: [Google]
1476398805719.jpg
530KB, 1984x3016px
>>
File: deep undercover.jpg (70KB, 752x384px) Image search: [Google]
deep undercover.jpg
70KB, 752x384px
>>87475614

I'm watching it right now and it's hilarious!

10/10 disguise too
>>
File: DC editorial versus the fanbase.jpg (143KB, 571x556px) Image search: [Google]
DC editorial versus the fanbase.jpg
143KB, 571x556px
>>87475855

That's why Stray Dog is there. He's a huge cunt. I don't care how many orphans he feeds.

>>87476997

The only guy with a shittier love life than Usagi is Sasuke. And that's only because his wife turned into a demon that is trying to kill him - at least he HAD a wife at some point.

Gotta step up your game, Usagi.
>>
>>87476997
>A Schrödinger's coitus between her and Usagi may suggest that Jotaro 2.0 is on his way. Or not.
Wat
>>
File: that's the wrong hole.jpg (252KB, 1987x487px) Image search: [Google]
that's the wrong hole.jpg
252KB, 1987x487px
>>87482040
thanks for the story time. I wouldnt have gotten around to reading that till it was collected.

gotta say I wouldn't put her in with >>87476997
though. Nothing you can call affection ever really took place, it's more about a woman who lead an incredibly harsh life softens some because she was shown some compassion once. It doesn't make it any less tragic.
>>
File: well.jpg (341KB, 1024x1599px) Image search: [Google]
well.jpg
341KB, 1024x1599px
>>87482733

There's a suggestion that they may have gone all the way. I think this was the page people refer to. Other anons please correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>87482771
>Tales of doing it after your sister gets killed by your boyfriend.jpg
>>
>>87482240
>Gen befriends ronin who wants to turn his life around
>Stray Dog kills him on the last page for bounty
>>
>>87482850

Yeah, that one was a kick in the teeth. Stan can be cruel.
>>
File: samurai hug.jpg (152KB, 637x495px) Image search: [Google]
samurai hug.jpg
152KB, 637x495px
>>87482801

It was pretty romantic.
>>
File: Captain Claw.gif (113KB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Claw.gif
113KB, 320x218px
>>87479974
Am I the only one who wants a Usagi Yojimbo/Captain Claw crossover?
>>
>>87476197
Its already been confirmed if you consider Senso to be canon.

It was also confirmed in Space Usagi though that takes place in the far future.
>>
>>87482733
There may have been sex between Usagi and Tomoe. Or perhaps there was no sex at all. We cannot tell, since it all happened inside a house and all we got was an outside view of it. So for storytelling purposes they both had and did not have sex. It's like with that cat which can be both dead and alive at the same time, but with some sweet lovemaking instead. A Schrödinger's coitus.

And it would be ironic if it ended with yet another bastard child, but this time it'd be Tomoe who would have to hide the pregnancy and pretend that the child is not hers, so her political marriage to strenghten her lord's position can come into fruition. This could give some extra meaning to Tomo'es sadness when Usagi left to wander yet again. Plus, she had no idea about her lord planning a marriage for her at that time (not that she'd refuse him), so it all kinda falls into place.
>>
>>87483579
Senso is only canon if Stan does not manage to finish the story in a proper way. For now it's the only canon ending we have, but take it with a grain of salt till the final issue comes out.
>>
>>87483746
>And it would be ironic if it ended with yet another bastard child, but this time it'd be Tomoe who would have to hide the pregnancy and pretend that the child is not hers, so her political marriage to strenghten her lord's position can come into fruition.
Please tell me the lord she's marrying is a Rabbit.
>>
>>87483837
He's a bear
>>
>>87459210
I read everything this summer. It's really good, I can't put it into words.
>>
>>87484015
God damn it.
>>
File: COCKBLOCKED.jpg (885KB, 1332x2048px) Image search: [Google]
COCKBLOCKED.jpg
885KB, 1332x2048px
>>87483837

Senso is so goddamn depressing.
>>
>>87484127
Stan had just lost his grandson and wife
>>
>>87484127
I thought Senso was hilarious
>erryone dead
>No one gets to fully enjoy their love for each other
>Heibi stands up to Hikiji and dies anyways
>>
>>87486840
>>87484127
>Noriyuki finally confronts Hikiji
>Usagi and friends are there to slap that asshole's shit
>Suddenly ayylmaos
>Chizu works for the good guys
>Holy shit, you go girl!
>Chizu dies a hero
And then I realized how much I like her and enjoy her ongoing transition from bad girl to good girl. Even Gen and Usagi dying did not hit me so hard.

Jei "dying" was fucking hilarious, though.
>>
>>87487349

Jei's death was best,

Also Keiko grows up to be kinda hot.
>>
I have a few hours to spare tonight, I want to storytime some UY. Any requests?

Keep in mind posting as slow as hell now thanks to Hiro, so I can't do all of Grasscutter I and II.
>>
>>87487349
>Jei "dying" was fucking hilarious, though
This. I love when serious characters has silly things happening to them
>>
>>87488488
Senso, please.

Also yes, Hiro is a jew.
>>
>>87489378

Shoot, I just started another book.

>>87489356

Next time I'll do Senso.
>>
File: GENERAL Fujii.gif (22KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
GENERAL Fujii.gif
22KB, 320x320px
>>87458651
>are their any villains/plot points that could hold up a movie?

This magnificent bastard.

I'd only want him in a sequel though since you really need to have a good idea of Usagi as a character first to appreciate just how much Fujii affects him.
>>
File: 7.png (341KB, 1220x900px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
341KB, 1220x900px
>>87487349

Why does nothing ever go right for Samurai
>>
>>87481946

It annoys me every time Usagi encounters a competent, honest samurai and doesn't try to talk them into working for Noriyuki. Kid needs all the help he can get with those councilors.
>>
>>87491556

in fairness they do tend to die a lot
>>
>>87476104
After seeing those episodes I can say that they don't really seemed to be teasing off an spin off of Usagi rather taking advantage of the inter-dimensional shanenigans to put Leo along Usagi again since they were really closed dimensional buddies. I found the fact that the episode was based in one of the arcs of the comic pretty neat too.
>>
>>87457936
>it's current year
>People still make AMVs
>>
>>87493209

eh, maybe. Usagi and the turtles have no small amount of shared history but it really would seem like a good way to make something like a TMNT shared universe
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.