[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lukewarm reception to Doc Strange

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 48

File: tfx-marvel.png (130KB, 1024x522px) Image search: [Google]
tfx-marvel.png
130KB, 1024x522px
Two conclusions:

>The movie really sucks but critics will shill it anyway
>The movie is BVS-level good and they hated it because of this, but they need to shill it anyway

So tell me what you think /co/.
>>
>>87096668
Also if the movie sucks it proves the conspiracy. They weren't as harsh as they are with DC.
>>
>>87096668
Don't really have any interest in comic book movies in general. None of them are ever good and at most, they're just decent. I'll probably end up torrenting it 2 or 3 years after its out on dvd and then end up never watching it like everything else.
>>
>>87096716
Thanks for adressing OP's issue.
>>
>>87096668
>BvS
>Good
Pick one.
>>
>>87096668

the last foxmen movie wasnt in any way better than ss and yet it got better reviews

i believe its safe to say critic reviews dont mean anything, and review aggregators are just averaging random noise
>>
File: 1476590119290.jpg (63KB, 675x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476590119290.jpg
63KB, 675x720px
>The movie really sucks
>The movie is BVS-level good
Are those not the same thing?
>>
>>87096668
From what I've read so far it's got amazing action scenes, stunning visuals, and some pacing problems.
>>
>>87096668
I think you should either go back to /tv/ or to r/DC_cinematic.
>>
I wonder if I should see it in 3d.

3d usually gives me fucking headches. though i want to try because of the ditko inspired scenes.
>>
>>87096668
Neither of these, but OP has confirmation bias so he won't notice or much care.
>>
>>87096940
>>87096878
>>87096832
>>87096798
>how dare people have different opinions than me!!!!!!!
>>
File: Rotten.jpg (77KB, 750x759px) Image search: [Google]
Rotten.jpg
77KB, 750x759px
>>87096817
why ever listen to critics?
>>
>>87096668
>>87097237
Fuck off with your bait thread
>>
File: Tomatoes.jpg (136KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Tomatoes.jpg
136KB, 1024x1024px
>>87096817
Maybe at one point criticism had actual merit to it, and there are still a few today that actually try to say something with their criticisms and know something about filmmaking, but the vast majority these days are just over glorified idiots that think their opinion matters for some reason.

I mean, when was the last film critic that became a filmmaker? Last one I can think of was the guy that directed Oldboy and The Handmaiden.
>>
>>87096668
It doesnt matter how good or bad it is,
It will have a 86% RT and make 900mil
because marvel
>>
>>87097283
lol nice try, I just think you guys are pathetic for being so butthurt that people dont like your popcorn shlock
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 560x570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 560x570px
>>87096668
So... it's bad?
>>
>>87096798
It wasn't.

But Rotten Tomatoes has fricking Age of Ultron above 70. You can't tell me there isn't something wrong with that picture.
>>
>>87096878
Which of those 2 is more cancerous?
>>
>>87096668
Marvel hasn't learned from the past

>saturate the market with cape films and people will get sick of it.
>>
>>87097349
It's a serviceable movie.
>>
>>87097388
lol wow, your taste is absolute dogshit.
>>
>>87096878
>>87097375
so its okay for people to circle jerk mahvel movies, but not the DC movies?

absolutely pathetic
>>
>>87096668
Wait, what did it's reception look like?

No matter what it won't get worse than an 80% on RT. Critics would rather slit the throats of their own children than say anything bad about a Marvel movie.
>>
>>87096798
this
>>
>>87097423
most people are saying "the visual effects are amazing!" as if they have any knowledge what actually goes into making visual effects (hint: the best ones are the ones you dont notice) and that its "funnier than they expected" like all Marvel movies.
>>
>>87096798
>>87097439
>waaah why do people like a movie I dont!
>>
File: 1473797888743.png (349KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1473797888743.png
349KB, 600x449px
>>87096668
Or the movie is okay to eh and it's getting the reception it deserves, did that EVER cross your mind as a possibility OP?

No, of fucking course not. Everything's got to be company wars with you fags.

This is half of why /co/ hates movie/tv discussion, right here
>>
Reception seems pretty generally positive to me.
>>
Remember, this is a movie that got significant reshoots to add quips and RDJ cameos. There is no way it was going to be good.
>>
>>87097323
OP posts don't get yous so you haven't proven anything.
>>
>>87097563
Yes they do.
>>
>>87097421
The Marvel fans don't declare Thor 2 or Iron Man 3 to be God's gift to cinema.

DC_Cinematic will claim that Batman gunned people down in TDKReturns, that Batman has never had a no kill rule and that the man who said these things-

(Referring to a Batman movie kill-count video) I think there’s 42 potential kills that Batman does! Also, it goes back and includes even the Tim Burton Batman movies where this reputation as a guy that doesn’t kill comes from.

(Referring to Batman gunning people down in BvS) So, I tried to do it by proxy. Shoot the car they’re in, the car blows up or the grenade would go off in the guy’s hand, or when he shoots the tank and the guy pretty much lights the tank [himself]. I perceive it as him not killing directly, but if the bad guy’s are associated with a thing that happens to blow up, he would say that that’s not really my problem.

(About Superman killing Zod) “I feel like [Superman fans] were taking it personally that I was trying to grow up their character.”

(Referring to brutally killing Jimmy Olsen) we don't have room for Jimmy Olsen in our big pantheon of characters, but we can have fun with him, right?"

-Is a genius and the perfect head for the DC movies.
>>
>>87097462
Yeah I've not seen VFX that have impressed me in years. CGI will never be impressive again.

Remember when that Michael Jackson video built an actual rotating room so that people could walk up the walls? Or Labyrinth built a giant working robot for their giant mecha? That shit is impressive. A Transformers fart of CG looks the same as any other shitty CG fart.
>>
>>87097563
>>87097581
to BTFO even more

>the average marlel fan ladies and gentleman
>>
>>87097591
>The Marvel fans don't declare Thor 2 or Iron Man 3 to be God's gift to cinema.
Mouseniggers regularly say that Iron Man 3 is better than the comics because "Mandarin isn't a good character anyway."
>>
File: 1464871549130.jpg (158KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1464871549130.jpg
158KB, 1000x1000px
>BVS level good
>>
>>87097388
No it wasn't. Batman vs Superman was convoluted and contrived, but Age of Ultron had no redeeming qualities about it in terms of development, special effects, setting a mood or, you know, feeling like a movie.

It was more in line with the "24" TV Special.
>>
>>87097609
For what it's worth IM3 is way better than MoS, BvS and SS.
>>
>>87097413
>lol
KYS Leddit Scum
>>
>>87097640
Getting cancer is better than any of the 3.
>>
>>87097599
>having to photoshop in a You to win an argument

kek
>>
>>87097609
What Marvel fans? Everybody I've seen hates it because of the Mandarin twist
>>
>>87097591
so butthurt, but guess what Batman did gun a guy down in The Dark Knight Returns, and he murdered Joker with his own hands.

Also, even when his no kill rule was canon, he still murdered KGBeast post-crisis (which you would know if you actually read comics)
That being said, he did kill lots of people in the burton movies, and thats not where he gets his reputation for having a no-kill rule. If anything he gets the reputation from the Nolan movies, and even then he kills plenty of people that they just dont acknowledge.
The batman in BvS is meant to reflect how in popular media (even in the Arkham games) Batman has become a killer, partially because all of this media has been divorced from the greater superhero world (as in, every piece of media in which Batman kills, there is no Superman or other heroes in it). And once he enters a world with Superman, he has to abandon his crazed crusade and become an actual hero-- not just a vigilante.

I mean this is clearly showed by the fact that he doesn't kill or brand Luthor in the end.
Also Superman killed Zod in the comics, and comic creators themselves had said Snyder handled it better than Byrne, having him actually grow and learn from it.

But continue to be needlessly butthurt.
>>
>>87097237
But their opinions are wrong. BvS is objectively bad. It's a moral wrong.
>>
>>87097609
The twist in IM3 is great (and is actually foreshadowed by Jarvis pointing out the meaning of "Mandarin"), but Killian in the third act shits the bed.
>>
>>87097687
literally screencaped it from a thread I storytimed in (the title even has the date and time it was taken in it you fucking pleb)
>>
>>87097312
I'm not sure why you chose a pic that disproves your point.

The Room was so bad it could be funny.

SS was just bad.
>>
>>87097277
>implying Suicide Squad is good
>implying Girlbusters is bad
>implying Spy Kids is bad
>implying Sharknado isn't kino
>>
File: Monomyth Stages.jpg (178KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Monomyth Stages.jpg
178KB, 1024x768px
>>87097708
you know what, fuck it, I'm gunna post my copy+pasta again cause I can't stand all this pleb

First off I really enjoy seeing Superman grow. Him growing into the ultimate hero is rarely explored, and is some of the best parts of Birthright and Secret Identity. I like that through MoS and BvS, Superman's arc has followed the heroes journey almost to a t. To the point where the metaphorical death and rebirth becomes literal. One of the key elements of the heroes journey is that at the end the hero brings back the "boon" or "elixir" making the world a better place. I believe that exactly this will happen, that the plan from the beginning, at least once they started conceptualizing or entertaining the idea of a larger shared universe, was to have Superman bring the world, one that intentionally tries to reflect our own, to a better place, one that more reflects a more classic heroic setting.

1/6
>>
File: BvSZodDoomsday.jpg (86KB, 718x959px) Image search: [Google]
BvSZodDoomsday.jpg
86KB, 718x959px
>>87097769
For example, Superman is put in a no win situation by Zod in MoS. Zod tells Superman he is going to have to kill him or else people die. Flat out forcing Superman to choose between humans and kryptonians. Superman killed Zod of course, mirroring a moment from Byrne's Man of Steel run, but not without it coming back to haunt him in the form of Doomsday. In BvS Superman is presented with yet another ultimatum, kill Batman or Martha dies. This time Superman chooses the third way, learning from the first time with Zod, and instead decides to be honest with Batman and ask him for help. They even illustrate this arc within Superman further by having him first just trounce Batman's Batmobile and order him to stop (since with Zod all that worked was overpowering him). That doesn't work, so next time he sees Batman he tries to talk to him, but suffers for making the mistake of once again just using force. But he again makes the mistake of fighting back, and again pays for it. But once he finally stops trying to fight and just asks for help "to save Martha" he starts winning Batman over. And its not until Lois, Superman's loving anchor, is even more honest, revealing Martha to be his mother, does Batman finally help him. Superman, then, ultimately has to sacrifice himself because of the mistake he made in MoS. This does another thing I really adore about the movies, it takes iconic parts from the comics and synthesizes them into one narrative without making them just empty shoutouts, it instead uses these moments to add to the narrative and themes. And its not just moments like what I mentioned above from Byrne.

2/6
>>
So how much butthurt are we looking at here when it gets 70%+ on RT?
>>
File: DarkKnightBvS.jpg (249KB, 600x2625px) Image search: [Google]
DarkKnightBvS.jpg
249KB, 600x2625px
>>87097782
One of the best examples of such integration of the comics is how it uses key scenes from Dark Knight Returns (even doing a 1:1 remake of the death scene) as way to deconstruct it. I know for a lot of people deconstruction is a trigger word, so if you want you can instead say an inversion. While DKR had Batman very much in the right, BVS puts Batman on the wrong side. BvS turns Batman into the reactionary stooge that upholds the status quo, which was Superman's role in the comic. They also have the same dead Robin plot point, but this Batman never gets a new one. Batman fights Superman, but this time he goes in with the purpose of killing Superman instead of faking his own death. When Superman is nuked, it is from America instead of the commies, and he willing takes a blast to defeat a monster instead of trying to defend the earth. He also rejuvenates from the sun in space instead of sucking solar energy from Earth (as he does in the comic). And last but not least, in BvS Superman dies with a hint of him coming back instead of Batman. This kind of engagement with the past and with the stories that came before, the homages and commentaries on past comics, that is one of the aspects that makes the long 75+ years of Batman and Superman so fantastic to me, and BvS carries on in that tradition.

3/6
>>
>>87097769
>>87097782
lol this sperg that appears in every thread.
>>
>>87097719
>literally screencaped it from a thread I storytimed in

You bump up your own storytime threads by praising yourself?
>>
>>87097703
>Batman did gun a guy down in The Dark Knight Returns

No he didn't, read the book again.

>he still murdered KGBeast post-crisis

No he didn't, he called the cops.

>The batman in BvS is meant to reflect how in popular media (even in the Arkham games) Batman has become a killer, partially because all of this media has been divorced from the greater superhero world (as in, every piece of media in which Batman kills, there is no Superman or other heroes in it). And once he enters a world with Superman, he has to abandon his crazed crusade and become an actual hero-- not just a vigilante.

No it isn't. Snyder specifically states that he doesn't think Batman killed anyone. Stop making lame excuses.

>Also Superman killed Zod in the comics, and comic creators themselves had said Snyder handled it better than Byrne, having him actually grow and learn from it.

What comic creators are those?

You are wrong, as is to be expected from the type of mongoloid that likes BvS.
>>
>>87097703
Please stop trolling.

>so butthurt, but guess what Batman did gun a guy down in The Dark Knight Returns

No, he didn't. This was specifically refuted in the comic itself.

>and he murdered Joker with his own hands.

Did you even read TDKR? Batman stops short of killing him and the Joker kills himself.

>Also, even when his no kill rule was canon, he still murdered KGBeast post-crisis (which you would know if you actually read comics)

Nope. Was shown later to not have been a kill (which you would know if you actually read comics).

I know you're probably baiting with this, but you know literally nothing about comics.
>>
>>87097800
it was someone else replying to my OP post you idiot
>>
>>87097793
I bet my house it's the same sperg that kept posting in caps in the MoS thread and had his opinion saved in a .jpg for future use.
>>
Man, I like Dr. Strange.
It'll be a shame if this blows.
>>
>>87097609
Mandarin isnt a good chatacter though
>>
>>87096709
It's not a conspiracy, it's brand loyalty.

Critics go in with a positive mindset because they all have been circlejerking Marvel. It's a self-perpetuating hype machine and even the non-Marvel Studios films fall victim to it.

The whole "cinematic universe" concept has fucking ruined superhero movies and brought retarded company wars into the mainstream.
>>
>>87097769
>you know what, fuck it, I'm gunna post my copy+pasta again cause I can't stand all this pleb

You're going to show yourself to be an idiot again?

Please, go ahead. Write as many walls of text as you want, it doesn't change the objective fact that BvS is valueless garbage.

Protip: If you find yourself having to write essays trying to show why something is good, it's not good.

Please, proceed, though.
>>
>>87097609
Marvel did more justice to the mandarin than DCEU has done to

>Superman
>Batman
>Lex
>Jimmy
>>
>>87097640
This has to be bait

All 3 Iron Mans combined are worse than fucking Batman Forever. They're the absolute worst of the MCU
>>
>>87097894
Add Pa Kent to that.
>>
>>87097714
Case in point: mouseketeers defending one of the worst movie plots ever conceived.
>>
File: tdkr-grid.jpg (408KB, 660x1045px) Image search: [Google]
tdkr-grid.jpg
408KB, 660x1045px
>>87097809
>No he didn't, read the book again.
pic related, you can see the sound effects of the gun being shot, and blood behind the guy that got shot, and a bullet hole in the wall

>No he didn't, he called the cops.
A retcon that came years later

>No it isn't. Snyder specifically states that he doesn't think Batman killed anyone.
No he doesn't, he just said some of the deaths happen by proxy (which happens all the time in the comics, and even the BTAS)

>What comic creators are those?

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/06/superman-legend-dan-jurgens-man-of-steel-handled-zods-death-bett/

Jurgens you idiot.
>>
>>87097761
SS is good, Spy Kids sucks, Cisbusters is worse than having AIDs, and Sharknado is memecore trash that isn't even a good B-movie.
>>
>>87097811
>No, he didn't. This was specifically refuted in the comic itself.
No it wasn't.

>Did you even read TDKR? Batman stops short of killing him and the Joker kills himself.
Okay, I'll give you that.

>Nope. Was shown later to not have been a kill (which you would know if you actually read comics).

It was a retcon years later, doesnt mean it wasnt canon for years and years.
>>
File: BatmanForeverBvS.jpg (127KB, 1168x1063px) Image search: [Google]
BatmanForeverBvS.jpg
127KB, 1168x1063px
>>87097792
I'm sure you're all sick of reading this, but now that I've typed so much I figure I'll continue with a few other bits I enjoy. To go back to Superman redeeming Batman, there is an intended meta element to it too I feel. Batman is an old character in BvS, and he is an old character in the movies. He has had many more movies than Superman has, and it all these movies (except for the Adam West one and the black and white serials) has has killed people. And we have been fine with this. In the movies, we the public and our inherent jadedness have turned Batman into a killer, much in the same way the universe Superman enters in BvS has turned Batman into a killer. Its not until he shares a screen with Superman does the public question why he kills and start asking for the no kill code back. And at the end of the movie he gets it back, after Superman sacrifices himself and proves to Batman, and the world, that he is indeed just a force of a good, or as Batman says it "men can still be good". Its illustrated when Batman corners Lex in his prison cell and does't brand him (instead opting for more classic Batman scare tactics). Even in the comics Batman started out killing, but once he became more integrated into the larger superhero universe they started telling stories where had a no kill rule. And this brings me to, you guessed it (sorry if my pattern is getting predictable) another thing I loved about these movies. They find ways to look at the big picture of a character, like Batman, see how the character has changed over its entire history, and make it part of the story.

4/6
>>
File: BruceImageryBvS.jpg (615KB, 1600x665px) Image search: [Google]
BruceImageryBvS.jpg
615KB, 1600x665px
>>87097974
In fact they do the same thing with Lex Luthor. Lex always started off having a full head of hair and being a crazy mad scientist. like he was in BvS There are examples of this throughout the golden age, and a few times in the silver age. Its also re-tread by Birthright and Gene Hackman in the Reeves movies. We see the beginning of Lex's passionate hate for Superman, to the point where he lets it derail his speech at the library fund raiser. We also get to the classic Lex move of him dominating and controlling every conversation he is in. And those he can't control he gets rid of. By the end of the movie we see Lex much more stone faced and cold (sans the scene chewing bell speech, though I don't mean that in a bad way) and finally with a shaved head. A transition into the modern age Lex who keeps a more precise and calculated public persona.

I don't have much to say about this last point, other than I thought it was neat that Wonder Woman regains faith in humanity parallel to Batman, and humanity, (re)gaining faith in Superman, and by extension the superhero.

5/6
>>
>>87097894
>b...but DC!

Kill yourself Mousefucker
>>
File: SupermanSavior.jpg (2MB, 1919x2323px) Image search: [Google]
SupermanSavior.jpg
2MB, 1919x2323px
>>87097990
I guess really I love that the movie gives me so much to chew on, and that every time I watch it I see a new little thing. Like last time I saw it, I noticed that after Batman's nightmare about dictator Superman, his worst fear about what Superman can become, its followed by Superman looking at the photos of Batman's dead victims in jail. Which is Superman's worst fear about how bad Batman can become. Or how the movie gets progressively more saturated with color as it goes on, the world literally becoming a more colorful and bright place. Or how the bat-creature in Bruce's dream is a homage/twist to a deleted scene from Val Kilmer Batman. I love all these layers it intertwines almost effortlessly.

6/6
>>
>>87097930
>>87097894
>I've never read comics pre-2000 the posts
>>
>>87097981
>standing on a green screen set as CGI enemies fall to your CGI bullets is goat fight scenes

oy marvlel fans eveyrone
>>
>>87097237
Well, I'm sorry that I have different opinions than you, OP, I'm sorry that upsets you so much.
>>
>>87096668

http://screencrush.com/suicide-squad-writer-critics/

>Ostrander himself says Squad is great

>http://comicbook.com/2015/07/06/superman-legend-dan-jurgens-man-of-steel-handled-zods-death-bett/

>Jurgens himself says they handled the death of Zod better than the comics
why is /co/ so pleb?
>>
>>87098088
I'm not OP
>>
>>87097981
Tell me one good thing about Iron Man. I fucking dare you.

You probably saw it when you were a kid and haven't watched it since, because if you had, you'd know what a piece of shit it is. It has ZERO memorable visuals; it's set in the same generic desert every movie since 9/11 has been in. There are no interesting or engaging scenes, no memorable villains, nothing. It's like white noise in movie form.

At least Catwoman is open about being shit. Batman Forever has a memorable visual style. Even Thor has art direction.

But Iron Man? It's the 90s Captain America movie with CGI explosions. There is not a single superhero movie ever made that I'd take Iron Man over. Not even Steel.
>>
>>87097769
>>87097782
>>87097792
>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME???
says all
>>
>>87097958
The first two spy kids movies were good, screw you.
>>
>>87098101
Thanks for sharing, the point remains.
>>
>>87097934
>A retcon that came years later
It was two months later.
>>
>>87097934
>pic related, you can see the sound effects of the gun being shot, and blood behind the guy that got shot, and a bullet hole in the wall

I'm sorry you can't read.
http://www.cbr.com/movie-legends-revealed-did-batman-actually-kill-anyone-in-the-dark-knight-returns/

>No he doesn't, he just said some of the deaths happen by proxy (which happens all the time in the comics, and even the BTAS)

Shoot the car they’re in, the car blows up or the grenade would go off in the guy’s hand, or when he shoots the tank and the guy pretty much lights the tank [himself]. I perceive it as him not killing directly, but if the bad guy’s are associated with a thing that happens to blow up, he would say that that’s not really my problem.

Dan fucking JURGENS!?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
>>
>>87097815
Yeah right.
>>
>>87098142

Not who you're replying to, but even if Batman doesnt kill anyone in the comic, why does that change the movie at all? Its commenting on how, in every live action movie adaptation, Batman has killed, and how Superman shows him the way again. Its a deconstruction of The Dark Knight Returns comics, where Batman is the reactionary stooge who goes too far, and Superman is the one that shows him his faults (while the comic was reversed).

But keep just interpreting these things on the most base, surface level
>>
>>87098142
he killed Dick in The Dark Knight Strikes Again though, or are you not counting that because it doesnt fit with your narrative?
>>
>>87098231
Zack Snyder doesn't think Batman killed ANYONE in BvS.

You're digging so hard to find something deep, you don't release you're standing in an empty hole.

>>87098244
Nobody likes TDKSA. Stories like that are ignored because they are terrible.
>>
>>87098301
but thats not true, Snyder doesnt say that
>>
>>87098301
TDKSA is fantastic, its like a fever dream thats mainlining the zeitgeist of the late 80s
>>
>>87098317
>Shoot the car they’re in, the car blows up or the grenade would go off in the guy’s hand, or when he shoots the tank and the guy pretty much lights the tank [himself]. I perceive it as him not killing directly, but if the bad guy’s are associated with a thing that happens to blow up, he would say that that’s not really my problem.
>>
>>87098362
he was just saying some of the murders are like that, but no where does he say he didnt murder anyone. you are really reaching
>>
>>87098362
also not killing directly doesnt equal not killing. he never says batman isnt responsible for those deaths.
>>
>>87098244
Man he's probably not counting it because he wasn't such a big millerfag that he didn't suffer through that steaming pile of shit.
>>
File: BatmanChinRub.gif (408KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
BatmanChinRub.gif
408KB, 500x345px
>>87097708
>BvS is objectively bad.
This, even if you subjectively like it, it doesn't change the fact that it is poorly paced, hamfisted and hollowly written and stunted by buzzard casting and acting choices.
>>
>>87098331
fever dreams aren't a good thing, anon
>>
>>87098446
*Bizzare, fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>87098491
they aren't inherently bad
>>
>>87097349
75% of critics gave it a positive review.
Average rating is actually 6.7/10. That's seems reasonable to me.
>>
File: OnlyTheQuestion.png (2MB, 897x793px) Image search: [Google]
OnlyTheQuestion.png
2MB, 897x793px
>>87098409
>>87098491
>>87098301
>not like The Dark Knight Strikes Again

man, you guys are just a bunch of "not muhs" arent you? Its a great story, told well, that reflects its time fantastically. The only shit part is the death of Dick at the end, but otherwise its fantastic. Its almost a love letter to the Justice League and Miller saying that his own Dark Knight world was too dark.
>>
>>87096668
So it will suck?
>>
>>87098408
>>87098396
No he is specifically referring to all the deaths caused by Batman in BvS. He states that it is not murder and that shooting a gun at someone is manslaughter.

http://www.heyuguys.com/exclusive-zack-snyder-explains-detail-dark-knight-kills-batman-v-superman/

>>87098538
Bait.
>>
>>87098564
>liking I comic I dont is bait

it is genuinely good, and no, in the article he doesnt specifically say Batman doesnt kill anyone. In fact the headline specifically says he does kill.

But this is the reading comprehension I expect from a marvel fan.

>A little more like manslaughter than murder

So he even admits its murder, just not all of it is direct.
Stop being retarded.
>>
>>87098142
even outside of The Dark Knight Returns, there were years and years of comics of Batman killing. So why is it bad that his arc in the movie reflects his change from killing to not killing, like he was in the comics?
>>
>Caring about critics opinions
The new Ouija movie is 88% fresh, that's how much Rotten Tomatoes suck
>>
>>87098538
>great story, told well
o i am laffin
>>
>>87096668
DS will end up in the 70% range on RT
and make 400-500m WW.
It won't be a bad movie but some may consider it marvels 1st flop.
>>
>>87098638
The headline doesn't represent what Snyder actually said, it's to get clicks.

He says that shooting a gun at someone is killing by proxy, you mongoloid.

I'm not a Marvel fan.

He never once said that Batman murders people. He says it is manslaughter. Fuck off.

>>87098721
The no-kill rule was invented in 1940. The character that people have loved for 75+ years doesn't kill. I know you don't read comics, so go back to DC_Cinematic or /tv/.
>>
>>87098774
>He says that shooting a gun at someone is killing by proxy, you mongoloid.

But he says it RIGHT HERE

He flat out says its murder, just a little bit MORE manslaughter than it is murder. They are still the same thing, he is still responsible. He even is admitting that it is partially murder.
>>
File: batman-comics-15.jpg (174KB, 295x400px) Image search: [Google]
batman-comics-15.jpg
174KB, 295x400px
>>87098774
>The no-kill rule was invented in 1940

o i'm laffin, just because one comic had one line about it to robin doesnt meant it was regularly part of his character. try reading comics and not just internet "factoids"

http://sacomics.blogspot.ca/2005/08/batman-and-guns.html

http://gizmodo.com/7-times-batman-has-bent-his-no-guns-rule-1634040693

Pic related is from 43 btw you pleb
>>
File: batman-gun-odyssey.jpg (99KB, 584x360px) Image search: [Google]
batman-gun-odyssey.jpg
99KB, 584x360px
>>87098774
>>
File: 3723585-2176723354-16323.jpg (161KB, 869x1011px) Image search: [Google]
3723585-2176723354-16323.jpg
161KB, 869x1011px
>>87098774
lol
>>
>>87096668
>The movie really sucks
>The movie is BVS-level
You said the same thing twice.
>>
>>87098774
and lets just go with what you are saying for a second, Batman started out killing and learned to not kill, that sounds a lot like his arc in BvS.

So, if anything, it was a more faithful adaptation of Batman as a whole than any movie before it.
>>
File: Untitled-27.jpg (105KB, 412x639px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-27.jpg
105KB, 412x639px
>>87098824
No, he means that it is manslaughter, not murder.

It is murder.

He also says that Batman kills all the time in TDKR, which he would know is wrong if he had actually read the book

>>87098899
Actually read your articles next time you fucking retard. Everyone knows that those silver age covers are old school clickbait.

>>87098920
>Odyssey

>>87098946
>Killing the God of Evil is the same as gunning down petty criminals.

Also you ignore the page directly before that, pic related. I guess I'm right in saying you don't read comics, aren't I?
>>
>>87096668
mediocre
>>
>>87098899
>literally a war bonds ad

Yeah I'm not gonna accept that as objective truth to canon. Fuck off back to snyder's cock
>>
File: 1393514932032.jpg (21KB, 191x371px) Image search: [Google]
1393514932032.jpg
21KB, 191x371px
>>87096668
>the only reason why Marvel even exists nowadays is beginning to die
>>
File: 1462197570232.jpg (170KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
1462197570232.jpg
170KB, 670x377px
>>87099225
>>
File: 1442332028660.jpg (23KB, 396x508px) Image search: [Google]
1442332028660.jpg
23KB, 396x508px
>>87096668
>BvS
>Good
>>
File: 1441154720621.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1441154720621.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>87096668
>good
>>
>>87096668
BvS is good if you're not a mouseketeer; this Strange doesn't even have that luxury.
>>
After close to a decade are people finally catching on to the MCU conveyor belt? These movies have no memorable music, no compelling villains, no tension or suspense, and so on. The plots have become stale macguffin hunts. Almost every movie the characters have to collect some magical artifact. I'm not seeing another Marvel movie in theaters after AoU and CW were so boring.
>>
I'm not entirely sure if I'm following this thread, but apparently the movie isn't all that great aside from the visuals? Is that the consensus? Are there a couple of tweets or something else that you guys can provide so that I can read what people liked about it and what they didn't?
>>
>everything in gray tones, except for some yellow rays
>an Inception-like scene
>the main character, a Westerner, trained in the East
WE WANT THE WB AUDIENCE
COME TO US, O WB AUDIENCE
>>
>>87099508
Well the Internet isn't really representative of general normie opinion but back in plebbit in the movies subreddit everybody has realized this. Maybe Civil War underperforming also means something.
>>
>>87097609
It's not hard to be better than Iron Man comics
>>
>>87099009
>No, he means that it is manslaughter, not murder.

No he doesn't you are putting words in his mouth you pathetic autist.

And the point of all those instances of Batman shooting is to show that there are stories, that are perfectly in character, with Batman killing and shooting.

And we know the Dark Knight Returns batman is capable of murder, he does it in Strikes Again and applauds the murder of Luthor in the same book. But you just arent counting that due to autism.

And guess what, Snyder also explicitly says he didnt have Batman shoot KGBeast and instead had him shoot the gas canister. And yes, Batman never directly murders anyone in the movie, but he causes a lot of murders to happen.
The point of all those pages I brought up was to show that you CAN tell a story where batman kills, like BvS did, where the entire POINT that you keep ignoring was that Batman was alone in the movies, and thus he killed and no one took issue with it before (like why arent you shitting on the Nolan or Burton movies for having Batman actually directly kill people). Like how in the comics, before he was in a larger DC universe ,he killed people. But once he met Superman (both in the comics and in the movies) that quickly came to an end.
Why are you so dense that you cant wrap your head around this idea that Snyder is trying to both comment on Batman's portrayal in non-comic media, AND following his greater historical arc of going from a killer to a not-killer?
>>
>>87099530
http://www.thewrap.com/doctor-strange-reactions-reviews-benedict-cumberbatch-marvel-tilda-swinton/

In short very similar to Ant-Man's reception maybe more positive due to the visuals.
>>
>>87099225
its still a cover of a fucking comic and in that comic he shot people you dense shit
>>
File: (84KB, 554x460px) Image search: [Google]
84KB, 554x460px
>>87099637
>Civil War underperforming
>>
>>87096668
>Lukewarm reception

>But the critics are shilling it

Which part is true, OP? Which part are you pulling out of your ass?
>>
>>87099009
>REEEE REEEE WHY WONT PEOPLE BELIEVE ME WHEN I FASLY INTERPRET SNYDER'S WORDS REEEEEEE
>>
>>87099828
Wow, OP is full of shit.

This is like the exact opposite of a lukewarm reception.

I wonder how much WB is paying him.
>>
>>87099816
Batman didn't meet Superman until 1952 and he had stopped killing long before that
>>
>>87097312
The Room has actual substance and artistic value while Suicide Squad was vapid and pointless.
>>
>>87099009

>A little more

do you know what a little more means? It means its just a tad, just slightly more. So its just a little bit more manslaughter than murder. Doesnt mean its not murder, manslaughter is a form of murder you fucking retard.

Marvelfags are the most pedantic shits ive ever seen.
>>
File: Doomfags.jpg (102KB, 494x813px) Image search: [Google]
Doomfags.jpg
102KB, 494x813px
>>87099886
>>87099854
>SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP THE MOVIE IS A MASTERWORK LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU
>>
>>87099888
not true

>Superman and Batman first appeared together on the cover of the promotional anthology title New York World's Fair Comics #1 in 1939. They also appeared together on the cover of World's Best Comics #1,1941 the title that would lead to the ongoing World's Finest Comics.
>>
File: 1444355567827.png (816KB, 1169x906px) Image search: [Google]
1444355567827.png
816KB, 1169x906px
>>87099911
Two cents have been deposited into your account. WB thanks you for your contribution!
>>
>>87099898
>this is how low marvelkeks have to stoop

jesus christ, well your opinion means nothing
>>
>>87099922
covers don't count, you fucking moron
>>
>>87099922
>talking to casuals armed with the Wikipedia

>>87099928
Oh yeah, I forgot Marvel shills do it for free.
>>
>>87099934
Yes they do, its acknowledging that they are part of the same, larger universe. Byrne even makes it part of his Generations canon in his Generations book.
>>
/tv/ threads need to be banned
>>
>>87099934
if you want to be even MORE pedantic then

>The World’s Greatest Superheroes finally shared some brief panels together in All Star Comics #7, 1941
>>
>>87099816
Nobody likes DKSA. Nobody wants it to be canon or to be adapted.

If you actually read your articles, you would see that he wasn't shooting anyone. There were always weird silver-age shenanigans at play.

He just had Batman shoot everyone else. Also you don't know how flamethrowers work. Batman did kill KGBeast in the movie, because he cut KGBeast's propane line. A flamethrower trigger doesn't turn the flame on.

You clearly don't know much about Batman's history either. Batman's no kill rule was introduced before he shared a comic book page with Superman.

Snyder is a moron.
>>
>>87099984
oh hey, AFTER the no kill rule was established
>>
>>87099876
REEEE Why don't people like Snyder's piece of shit movies? Why don't they appreciate someone who says that the way to grow Superman up is to have him kill someone?
>>
File: 1451573675233.jpg (46KB, 217x328px) Image search: [Google]
1451573675233.jpg
46KB, 217x328px
>>87097237
>>
>>87099986
>You clearly don't know much about Batman's history either. Batman's no kill rule was introduced before he shared a comic book page with Superman.

but not before he was confirmed to be part of the same larger universe

see
>>87099984
>>87099922

and plenty of people like DKSA, you just have shit taste, and to say its not part of the Dark Knight world is just you setting arbitrary limits.
But regardless, that doesnt address my actual point of Snyder trying to comment on Batman's place in movies (and you STILL wont comment on the fact Batman killed in every live action adaptation except for Adam West) and how he has to be brought to a better place, mirroring his arc in the comics.
>>
File: aspie.jpg (23KB, 353x361px) Image search: [Google]
aspie.jpg
23KB, 353x361px
>>87099986
>I am the real fan here! Listen to me only!
>>
>>87100023
Its one way, no one says its the only way

>>87100019
>im still gunna be pedantic and not address the larger point that his no kill rule comes AFTER being established in the same universe as Superman
>>
>>87099922
they appeared on the cover of New York World's Fair Comics #2, not #1
>>
>>87098093
>Ostrander himself says Squad is great

Read the article again.

It says he like Davis, Smith, Robbie and Leto

Doesn't say he loved the movie
>>
>>87100070
woops, my bad, off by a whole month.
>>
>>87100032
You said he changed once he met Superman. That is wrong.

The other Batman films are meaningless when discussing BvS.

Batfleck has been killing since before Superman arrived. This is shown by the fact that Robin has an axe as his primary weapon. You can't use an axe non-lethally.
>>
>>87100078
#1 was in 1939, #2 was in 1940

you know, because the World's Fair was yearly, not monthly
>>
>>87100099
>The other Batman films are meaningless when discussing BvS.

No they arent, not when your main gripe with it is that Batman killed but thats not a problem for you in the other movies, AND when the movie is very specifically trying to comment on that.

>Batfleck has been killing since before Superman arrived. This is shown by the fact that Robin has an axe as his primary weapon. You can't use an axe non-lethally.

>being THIS pedantic

and obviously Battfleck started killing when Joker killed Robin. Can you be any more retarded?
>>
>>87100111
oh good point. Still

>>87100099
stop being pedantic, the point im trying to make is that once he is introduced to a larger superhero universe he stops killing.

First you decide to not take Snyder's words literally, choosing to instead interpret them as him meaning manslaughter doesnt equal murder, then you take my words SUPER literally.

Make up your mind you fucking autist.
>>
>>87100099
why arent you being this pedantic and butthurt about them completely changing Mandarin? Or ignoring Tony's alcoholism? Or completely changing Civil War? Or completely character assassinating Zemo? Or talking about any previous Burton or Nolan movies? Or bitching about how the Reeves movie was far cry from the source material, that only became part of the comics after the fact?

>its okay for adaptations to take liberties when anyone but Snyder does it

oh okay
>>
>>87100032
in the Nolan Batman movies, specifically, Batman doesn't take actions that directly lead to people dying. The only time someone dies due to his actions or lack thereof is R'as in the train, and even then, R'as set the train in motion and Gordon blew up the train tracks, so to say that Batman killed R'as is willfully misrepresenting the scene to support your shaky argument.

Compare it to Batfleck shooting a fuel tank with the full knowledge that it will explode and kill the man it's strapped to. That is unequivocally murder, not manslaughter.
>>
>>87100221
because those movies were good and BvS is bad

that's the part BvS/Snyder defenders don't seem to grasp. Independent of the liberties taken, the movie is just plain bad.
>>
>>87100233
well you are just wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0kmVEjPKKM
>>87100260
but its not though, all your arguments of it being bad are "not muh"
>>
>>87097312
The Room is entertaining in its flaws, at least. Suicide Squad almost sucks all interest out of the room every scene.
>>
>>87100122
It isn't trying to comment on that. Snyder just thinks that Batman kills all the time. He thinks that the no-kill reputation comes from the Burton films.

The killing in the Nolan films was never as explicit as BvS. In BvS there are blood stains on the walls when Batman smashes thugs heads open and he guns multiple men down at a time.

>and obviously Battfleck started killing when Joker killed Robin

Then why does he save Harley in SS? Why doesn't he kill Joker? Why does Batman branding thugs mean anything when he is gunning people down in the streets?

Obviously this Batman is a retard but he had years.

>>87100136
He didn't stop because he was introduced to a larger universe. Fuck off. In reality it was because the editors thought that making Batman a 'murderer' would taint his character, and mothers would object. In the comics, it was to bring him over to the side of the law.

>>87100221
Because I don't like Marvel. I don't care what their movies do or do not do.
>>
>>87100233
>literally murders 2 face
>blows up the League of Shadows hide out

lol this dumbass
>>
>>87100292
I whole heartily disagree, have a good life with your opinions though.
>>
>>87097703
Holly shit how casual can you be? Batman doesn't kill on TKR.
>>
File: 1449712428339.jpg (33KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
1449712428339.jpg
33KB, 514x536px
>>87097769
>>87097792
>>87097990
>>87098000
>>87097792
>>87097974
>>
>>87100294
>Then why does he save Harley in SS? Why doesn't he kill Joker? Why does Batman branding thugs mean anything when he is gunning people down in the streets?

Wow you are retarded, the whole arc in BvS was him being redeemed by Superman and getting his no kill code back. The fact that you cant even grasp this just shows how stupid you are.

>The killing in the Nolan films was never as explicit as BvS. In BvS there are blood stains on the walls when Batman smashes thugs heads open and he guns multiple men down at a time.

Batman doesnt gun any men down, he guns down the cars they are in, sure, but never people directly.

>In BvS there are blood stains on the walls when Batman smashes thugs heads open and he guns multiple men down at a time.

>showing the consequences of fighting people is bad

wow, so you are just the most autistic person ive seen post.

And for the record, most people were introduced to the idea of Batman not killing with the burton movies, if you werent an underage fag ud know that.
>>
>>87100357
common misunderstanding though, and to be fair, Miller has never come out one way or the other.
>>
>>87100275
The characters speak only in platitudes and slogans

the action is poorly choreographed and murky

The plot is garbled and can't decide if it wants to be a political thriller or an action movie

the cinematography is either boring or too frenetic

the effects are shoddy, especially on Doomsday

The final action sequence is completely at odds with the rest of the movie

many developments happen because the plot says they have to, not because of a natural development from the characters

none of the actors particularly care about being in the movie

it's a poorly constructed, poorly written, poorly shot, poorly acted mess of a film
>>
>>87100387
the comic itself confirms Batman doesn't kill anyone

like, it's not some ambiguous thing people are misinterpreting, it is willful misreading or just straight up not reading at all
>>
>>87100364
Fine then- Why didn't he just kill The Joker before BvS? Why does Batman branding thugs mean anything when he is gunning people down in the streets?

>Batman doesnt gun any men down, he guns down the cars they are in, sure, but never people directly

You are legitimately retarded aren't you? He guns down 3 people outside the Warehouse. None of them were driving cars, though 1 was standing on a pick-up truck.

>In BvS there are blood stains on the walls when Batman smashes thugs heads open and he guns multiple men down at a time.

I was talking specifically about why the killing bothered me in BvS. Though as you are a troglodyte who liked that piece of shit, I can understand your confusion.

>>87100387
It's only a misunderstanding for people who see a single page from the book without context.
>>
>>87100364
Batman kills in Burton movies and some people complained back then, yet the movie is still good. If you weren't an underage fag who can't type you would know that
>>
>>87100492 ...The issue to be had is yes, Batman killed in the Tim Burton movies but, he never stood on some moral platform how somebody else is wrong for killing. Have kill everbody in the movie. Just don't make him a fucking hypocrite and make out to be this epic clash of Titans when in reality it's some whiny mama's boy who claims righteousness while causing massive property damage with a raging hate boner that goes limp wristed as fuck at the mention of his mother's name on top of him hiding his identity. That's most of what's wro g aside from the mismash of three or five storylines raped abused and left to rebuild bleeding out like its fucking new opus for our generation.
>>
>>87097931
Where did I say it was great? I pointed out that the Killian character was shit and had stupid motives and ended up undermining the point of the twist.

The actual set-up of the twist and the twist itself is great. What follows that is what drags the movie down.

Both Iron Man 2 and 3 could have been much better movies if they had fully committed to the stories they were telling.
>>
>>87097423
>>87097462
>>87097592
t. people who didn't see the sneak peak

The visuals in the 15 minutes alone are better effects than anything I've seen in the past 10 years. This is on the VFX level of Avatar almost 10 years ago or Jurrassic Park in the 90s but on a greater scale.
>>
>>87097864

Pretty much no Iron Man villain is that good. Mandarin is just a gooky evil wizard. There isn't much to his character that would have been compelling for a story. Plus, I get that marvel wants to keep magic away from iron man, unless it's in avengers. Doing the 10 rings when they were setting up infinity would have been a bit much.
>>
File: 2george2clooney.jpg (500KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
2george2clooney.jpg
500KB, 2000x3000px
>>87097899
>this has to be bait
>hates on IM1
>>
The consensus I'm seeing for the movie is that it's better than anticipated, both visuals and character arcs are good, and the score is pretty good, while the humor is a bit forced, and it's at least a little formulaic in terms of origin stories.
Not bad at all to be honest
>>
>>87097800
OP can't bump his own thread, fucking newfag
>>
File: 1372487392017.jpg (490KB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
1372487392017.jpg
490KB, 1920x2951px
Boy, it sure is nice having to dig through all this company wars bullshit and BvS being awful/brilliant arguments to try and talk about Doctor Strange in a Doctor Strange thread
>>
Jesus DCEU guys are so fucking bitter.
>>
I hate /tv/
>>
>>87096668
>Ctrl+f BvS
>50 results

>Ctrl+f Doc
>4 results

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>87102409
/tv/ is a cancer
>>
>>87097640
Here's your (you)
>>
>>87096668
I've heard it's just a remake of original Iron Man flick.

Which is to say it's good but otherwise boring.
>>
No matter how bad this movie is it will have to get good reviews not only because it's marvel but also because if people give it bad reviews they'll be accused of being racist against turks.

I don't think it will be a bad movie though.
>>
>>87099898
>The Room has actual substance and artistic value

AHAHAHAHAHA God, are you really so delusional? Sorry mate... Anyway, how's your sex life?
>>
File: 1471002181977.jpg (681KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471002181977.jpg
681KB, 1080x1080px
>>87097640
kek what the fuck man, enjoy your popcorn
>>
>>87100870
>the Killian character was shit and had stupid motives and ended up undermining the point of the twist.
>The actual set-up of the twist and the twist itself is great. What follows that is what drags the movie down.

this desu
>>
>>87098538
I unironically agree with you man. My favourite part from TDKSA is the conversation between the Question and Martian Manhunter

>"If you're the Question I'm the goddamned footnote!"

And also, Plastic Man.
>>
>>87102409
Memes and butthurt Snyderdrones, as usual.
>>
>>87099850
then why didn't "Avengers 2.5" make more money than Avengers and AoU? heck, it didn't even beat IM3

and it has Spider-fucking-Man...
>>
>>87098142
Batman is a good boy
He didndu nuffin
>>
damn. i thought maybe this was a doctor strange thread.
>>
>>87102982
Fuck you hippy
>>
Here's a fight scene
https://youtu.be/yj96BTSJ8yE
>>
>>87103064
That looks pretty neat.
>>
>>87102982
Disniggers immediately shift focus to DC whenever their precious films fall under scrutiny.
>>
>>87097591
Marvel fanboys will, in general, regularly claim that Marvel is "knocking it out the park"and typically act as if the Marvel films are an ideal to aspire towards, and that anything that doesn't resemble them is doing it wrong. 7 something out of 10, like on imdb seems right for them, but the way they're praised by the former group you'd think these films were masterpiece-tier.
>>
>>87103168
>implying that the thread didn't start with a DCfag starting with company war bullshit
I'm a DCfag and even I recognize how this is getting pretty damn retarded.
>>
>>87102728
>popcorn

>>>/tv/ with your dumb fucking classifications.

You are parroting terms made by a snooty film critic to make yourself seem smarter than you actually are and you should be boiled in motor oil for it.
>>
Jesus Christ you guys are so fucking paranoid about critics, like holy shit.

Legit just watch fucking movies and enjoy them or don't, don't form insane paranoid theories about it.
>>
>>87097609
I've literally never heard anyone say that.

What I have heard people say is that comic Mandarin isn't a good foil to movie Iron Man, which is kinda true.

Whatever, there was a fanboy who was calling for Shane Black to be beaten and raped to death for not regretting the twist so I don't give a fuck what the internet thinks anymore.
>>
I NEED CHRIS EVANS LAUGHING, THE DC TEARS ARE HERE.
>>
>Come into this thread to see reaction to Strange
>Nothing but a jerk off session of DC fags
>>
i was really encouraged by some of the recent tv spotss. ill be so disappointed if this sucks. such high hopes.
>>
File: 1470243632899.jpg (2MB, 2000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1470243632899.jpg
2MB, 2000x4000px
>>87103872
>>
>>87096668
Doctor Strange was always going to be the next Thor film.
>>
File: 1476995056734.gif (2MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1476995056734.gif
2MB, 255x191px
>Replies: 214
>Posters: 84
>>
1) if you wanna go financially support this dumpster fire of a movie, you do you, but don’t go back and call yourself an anti-racist ally afterwards. not watching the movie literally isn’t gonna cost you anything; financially supporting it means choosing to support a hugely dehumanising piece of media that you can easily boycoytt without any detriment or nuisance to yourself.

2) if you’re not tibetan, chinese or asian, stop speaking over tibetans, other chinese and other asian ppl talking about it, especially tibetans who were erased and whitewashed, especially tibetans talking about chinese communist government’s oppression of the tibetan people (i’m looking really hard @ all the tumblr communists who had the fucking gall to derail the actual, lived experiences of a tibetan user to spew the bullshit communist apologism)

3) i don’t care how many PoC Friends of Colour you have or photoshoots of PoC of Colour you reblog, if you’re white and repeatedly speak over poc in fandom talking about what is/isn’t racist, you’re still an ugly fucking racist lmao.

also, while we’re here: the whole diatribe of “you can support this racist piece of media without being racist yourself because you’re AWARE of its flaws” works sometimes, but in this case is bullshit from white people trying to make their allyship more comfortable for themselves.

watching dr strange in theatres and “criticising it” afterwards isn’t gonna do jackshit, because! guess what! your money still goes towards the profits of the movie, it still financially supports marvel, it still tells marvel that they can treat non-white people and cultures however the hell they want because they’ll make profit from it. fandom buzz and internet conversation is basically seen as free marketing these days, and marvel is so big that “watching it critically” has pretty much the same financial impact as watching it uncritically.
>>
>>87103064

Reading early screenings it seems that the action scenes are going to be amazing even if the plot is your average formula.

Looks fun desu
>>
>>87103794

When it comes to movies, /co/ will act exactly as autistic as /tv/ with their brand wars and shilling.

Just let them vent about it while everyone else goes to the theater and enjoys/dislikes it, this goes for both Marvel and DC.
>>
File: living_the_dream.png (230KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
living_the_dream.png
230KB, 500x372px
>>87104777
>wasting trips on this rubbish

Also, fuck Tibet.

t. Chinaman
>>
I've been hoping for Shuma Gorath, does he make a cameo?
>>
>>87104957
He appears in an explicit interdimensional sex scene with Set the Coiled Serpent.
>>
>>87104866
>When it comes to movies
>/co/ will act exactly as autistic as /tv/
GEE I WONDER WHY THAT IS
>>
>>87097637

>no redeeming qualities about it in terms of development, special effects, setting a mood or, you, know, feeling like a movie.

Yeah, man. It has absolutely no redeeming qualities at all, hence all the 66% on Metacritic.

I can't wait for some more of those single sentence reviews anon! Both accurate and insightful!
>>
>>87097769
>I like that through MoS and BvS, Superman's arc has followed the heroes journey almost to a t.

So basically,

>I like that Zach Snyder structured his movies according to the most overused, cliched thing in literally all of literature since the dawn of time

>I like it because it was the opposite of original

Fair, but BvS shills generally cry out how Snyder was a misunderstood genius and this is actually groundbreaking kino. But you gave a very good argument that this is, in fact, the opposite of kino, and a paint-by-numbers Heroic Adventure.

But it doesn't have quips so it's automatically innovative and amazing, right?
>>
>>87100870
This.

IM2 could have been Tony struggling with alcoholism both because he's a fuck-up and to deal with everything that's happened to him and alienating his friends.

Hammer shows up with his brand-new tech, outbidding Tony for the govt. contract which makes him spiral down further. But Hammer drones go ballistic (the finale) and Tony has to pull himself together and realize he is the hero we need and save the day.

Actually serious character drama AND pew-pew robots fights.

IM3 could then be roughly the movie it was, but given additional weight with the knowledge Tony is one more nervous attack away from trying to find solace in liquor and going full-on auto-destructive again. I'd take out Killian entirely because we don't need a third evil businessman for Tony to fight, and just have Mandarin be an AIM ploy to take over America. If this sounds similar to what HYDRA is doing (and it did in the actual movie too, what with the VP being part of an evil secret organization), that's intentional - I'd have the AIM Supreme Scientist secretly be a HYDRA big-wig. After Tony and Rhodes take him down, he whispers something the audience can't hear. Later on, the very last scene of the movie is Tony calling Cap and telling him the bad guy said "Cut off one head, Stark, and two shall take its place. Hail HYDRA."

Which is a huge, cool cliffhanger that then sets up TWS while still allowing the twist - SHIELD is HYDRA, basically, to work.
>>
>>87105698
I'd actually be OK with all off that, and I say that as someone who really liked IM3 as it stands.
>>
>>87104777
You are a very sanctimonious person. Try not talking down to people if you want to make your point.
>>
Fuck, I was actually looking forward to this one. And poor Carlyle needs a hit quick. I thought Sinister was pretty good, and his podcast is neat. Kinda wish he never cut ties with Korey and the others tho.
>>
>>87106043
Carlyle is still doing better than the rest of the crew and it's a Marvel movie. Being mediocre has never stopped them from making a shit ton of money. Hell it doesn't even stop DC.
>>
File: IMG_1633.jpg (132KB, 632x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1633.jpg
132KB, 632x960px
i was just coming here and hoping to talk about how cool Doctor Strange

guess not
>>
File: Tibet.png (158KB, 705x3429px) Image search: [Google]
Tibet.png
158KB, 705x3429px
>>87104777
Go back to tumblr, sweetie. Nobody cares about your social justice agenda here.
>>
>>87096668
How about

>The movie is fairly enjoyable and fuck what others say.
>>
>>87102679
>implying I'm wrong

It's filmed entirely from the perspective of Tommy's world and the writing reflects that. The cinematography reflects that. The entire film is Freudian to hell and back. Watch the fucking movie before you spew quotes from your favorite youtuber.

Squad is a cynical, board-driven film that was butchered in post-production by the same line of thinking that got us a PG-13 Alien vs Predator, Ghostbusters, or any of the other generic genre flicks being peddled to you. It's indistinguishable from Thor 2 or Iron Man 3 in terms of composition, but fanboys here will fight each other tooth and nail because of what logo is on these movie's posters.
>>
Why do people assume RT has some sort of bias for Marvel? Keep in mind RT is owned by Warner Brothers.
>>
>>87106110
I just finished reading the omnibus, I'm watching the redcarpet livestream right now as I reread the Oath.

I'm hype.
>>
>>87104777
These trips were wasted on a cuckold. We may never see them again.
>>
>>87106131
The original Ghostbusters was PG...
>>
>>87097877
>The whole "cinematic universe" concept has fucking ruined superhero movies and brought retarded company wars into the mainstream.

Wrong.

The average movie-goer honestly doesn't care. They go to see a movie because it looks interesting to them. The majority of the masses are NOT comics fans, they don't give a shit about whether it's true to the material, and they just want to be entertained.
>>
>>87106151

RT is a fucking aggregate site, it can't have a fucking "bias" for anyone.

I don't understand why people constantly need this explained to them.
>>
>>87106325

This.

I don't know why so much of /co/ is in this delusional quagmire of thinking the mainstream audience is like them.
>>
>>87104777
There are four professional Tibetan actors in the world.

None of them speak english.
>>
>>87106325
>and they just want to be entertained.
And their absolutely, positively, just in thinking this way. A movie's first job is to entertain, not relate to the source material. That's just a bonus.
>>
>>87106372

Or that film critics care enough about company wars to give a shit. They review hundreds of films a year, the idea that they sit around rubbing their hands together trying to bring down Warner out of some sense of company loyalty is ridiculous.
>>
Ok, just to make it clear.

BvS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MCU

There. No more discussion is needed.
>>
>>87106463
But that is not how it works.

You're telling me BvS is better than all the movie the entire MCU has put out? I'm not saying it sucks, but at point you're deluding yourself just to spite the MCU.
>>
>>87106347
They can choose to ignore reviews that higher-ups don't agree with.
>>
>>87106463
$ 00.12 has been deposited into your account from Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
>>
>>87106484
Why would you even reply to that nigga?

"There. No more discussion is needed" should've indicated he was only here to troll
>>
>>87096668

>Lukewarm reception to Doc Strange

sauce?
>>
>>87106463
(You)

There (you) go. Hope (you)'re happy mate :)
>>
>>87106463
Spider-man 2 >>>>>>> every other movie.
>>
>>87106488

There's been a grand total of like, three or four critics that were actually flat-out removed from RT permanently.
>>
>>87106484
>You're telling me BvS is better than all the movie the entire MCU has put out?

Yeah, haven't liked any of them that much. The only one I bothered to see in theatres was The Avengers, and I liked it, but watching it now it just seems corny as fuck.
>>
>>87106537
Fair enough, that's a great movie.
>>
>>87105415
>the movie isn't bad because metacritic said so
Isn't the point of this thread, as well as the post you responded to, that movie critic are terribly skewed in favor of Marvel? You circular-reasoning dumbass
>>
>>87106548
>but watching it now it just seems corny as fuck.
Then wtf is BvS to you? That movie isn't even the best of the DCEU.

To each his own I guess.
>>
File: page-231.jpg (260KB, 660x1034px) Image search: [Google]
page-231.jpg
260KB, 660x1034px
>>87097792
Yeah, except they completely fucked up the timing of this scene.

The way Miller renders it makes for a Lynchian strobe light effect- each shot fired at your eyeballs in visceral, stacatto bursts.

Snyder tried to do it in the only way he knows how to make things seem important: slow-mo montage.
>>
>>87106548
You're the reason why DCEU is afraid to stop making dark themed movies and move over to something a lot brighter. They're afraid it'll be too "corny"
>>
>>87106627
>Then wtf is BvS to you? That movie isn't even the best of the DCEU.
Yeah it is man, Man of Steel isn't that much of a movie, feels even more like just a prologue after BvS, and Suicide Squad was amusingly tasteless but borderline incoherent. BvS is far and away the best one.
>>
>>87106110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj96BTSJ8yE

New clip, bro. I will help feed your hype.
>>
>>87106644

Let's not get crazy, anon.
>>
File: load of crap.png (112KB, 350x257px) Image search: [Google]
load of crap.png
112KB, 350x257px
>>87106710
>BvS is more coherent than Suicide Squad
>>
>>87106658
The Avengers is shit man, how can you not cringe at the old German man making the Hitler reference to Loki? Also it looks so cheap, almost the whole movie takes place in two locations, Helicarrier interior, and that one street in New York city.
>>
>>87106720
Inception Ripoff.
>>
>>87106737
it really was
Find one part of BvS ultimate edition that was incoherent
Meanwhile, Suicide Squad was all over the place
>demon lady captures Waller and is about to execute her, cuts to next scene
>next time we see Waller, she walks out from nowhere to address the squad after the demon lady is killed
among many other inconsistent moments
>>
File: elgoog.png (52KB, 794x695px) Image search: [Google]
elgoog.png
52KB, 794x695px
>>87104777
low quality bait
>>
>>87104777
Can you explain your understanding of the word dehumanizing, because I don't think you understand what that word or concept really means. If you think this miscasting X actor as Y ethnicity is dehumanizing, you need to get off your lazy ass and go see check out some of the real problems in the world. Also, the fact that you are blithely unaware of the hypocrasy present in your own post is hysterical.

> if you’re white and repeatedly speak over poc in fandom talking about what is/isn’t racist, you’re still an ugly fucking racist lmao

So, anon...you're either Tibetan or racist yourself by YOUR OWN FUCKING WORDS. Also, you lump in tibetans with the chinese, because all asians are the same, right?
>>
>>87106347
It's not RT. It's critics getting appropriately sized kicks in the screenings. It's also absolutely normal.
>>
>>87106737
The Ultimate Edition is perfectly coherent, the theatrical was confusing though. I'll give you that. Too bad this extended cut of Suicide Squad is only going to add in a few Jokers scenes rather than re-editing the whole thing.
>>
>>87106792
Because I didn't cringe. So didn't the other millions of people who enjoyed it.

Hell even if you didn't like the Avengers, most of /co/ would agree that Ironman and Captain America: TWS are far better than The Avengers.
>>
>>87106850
>Because I didn't cringe. So didn't the other millions of people who enjoyed it.
>Hell even if you didn't like the Avengers, most of /co/ would agree that Ironman and Captain America: TWS are far better than The Avengers.

I never said you can't like The Avengers, I'm saying I didn't. Also not that keen on TWS (the action isn't even good, same goes for Civil War), Iron Man was alright.
>>
>>87106831
so how many of these people are tibetan, I wonder
>>
>>87097809
>(even in the Arkham games)

When did he kill anyone in the Arkham games?
>>
>>87106848

> It's critics getting appropriately sized kicks in the screenings. It's also absolutely normal.

You have no proof of this, and never have.

Go take that bullshit back to /v/.
>>
>>87106848
Lmao autism.
>>
>>87097703
Batman used rubber bullets, and the Joker committed suicide BECAUSE Batman decided not to kill him.
>>
>>87098538

The Question is so fucking gangster in that story.

There's a lot of really good shit in Dark Knight Strikes Again. It's fucking mad and some of the art is atrocious, but there's definitely some great bits in it.

Is it as good as The Dark Knight Returns? No, but nothing is as good as The Dark Knight Returns.
>>
>>87107138
Technically he "killed" Bane once, then revived him with shock gloves. I'm not sure if it works that way in real life, but there you go.
>>
>>87108016

I'm fan of Batman v Superman. And a massive fan of the Dark Knight Returns.

Batman totally kills the dude who is holding the baby in the first part. The whole "I believe you" speal.

Does he kill the Joker? No he doesn't. But does he kill someone in the book, absolutely.
>>
>>87108735
he doesn't, Yindel lists the crimes they're after him for on the next page and murder isn't one of them
>>
>>87108779

The "I believe you" shit happens well before Yindel is on the scene. Do you honestly believe Gordon wouldn't cover up one of Batman's indiscretions in the Millerverse?
>>
>>87108823
Gordon retires literally immediately before that sequence

like, the page before
>>
>>87096668
>Lukewarm reception to Doc Strange

Gonna need a source for that, slick
>>
>>87108735
why the fuck would he make such a big deal about not killing later in the book when he already killed someone earlier

why the fuck would someone who has a strict no-guns, no-killing rule up to that point suddenly break it with no reaction other than a quip, then go right back to following it

to assume that he kills the mutant pretty much randomly with little acknowledgement of the act is to blatantly and willfully misinterpret and misread the character as he is presented throughout the rest of the comic

the art, admittedly, is a little ambiguous, but the writing is not
>>
>>87096668
>The movie really sucks
Why are you repeating yourself?
>>
>>87106626

So you're saying that you agree with >>87097637? That there's really *no* redeeming qualities to the development, special effects, mood or feel of AoU?

And of course critics like Marvel movies more than the DCEU movies; they're better disposable action movies on the whole. I love this idea of a media conspiracy against DC though anon, sounds really reasonable and well thought out
>>
>>87096668
i want to watch it but i'm on a budget, plus i'd rather wait when i'm more financially secure so i can watch it on drugs. you have to be responsible about these things.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (51KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
51KB, 720x480px
>>87098495
Yeah, if it had been buzzard casting at least Lex would have been bald from the get-go.
>>
>>87097277

The first Spy Kids was really good though.
>>
>>87110235
Not one of your best, Carlos
>>
>>87099932
>keks
>censoring yourself
Ultimate form of cuckholdry.
>>
>>87109055
Because he hasn't actually read the book. The only people who misinterpret it are those who are either retarded or trying to justify Batman murdering 13 people in BvS.
>>
Okay but it is bullshit when critics are saying that the story is nothing new, the humor is hit or miss, and the acting is decent but that apparently doesn't matter because the sfx is godtier and that alone is the reason why that it should get good reviews. Like I'm not even that big of a DCEU fan, I don't mind the movies but I want Snyder to fucking go and never come back after Justice League, but those movies look pretty damned good for a cape film but apparently the tone was too depressing and they tore it apart.
>>
i dont really care. One of the trailers looked neat enough to make me want to take lsd and go see it.
>>
>>87096668
>Lukewarm reception
Yo where da reviews at?
>>
>>87096668
>BvS level good

Oooooo god, it's a flop that'll only be fixed after I pay even more money for the bluray
>>
>>87102551
It's bound to be similar, that cannot be helped.
>>
>>87102551
>remake
Please don't misuse words.
>>
>>87097349
70% of viewers weren't ass mad comic fans spouting not Muh ultron.
>>
>>87097277
>talking shit about the modern masterpiece that is Spy Kids
>>
File: dr strange weird stuff.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dr strange weird stuff.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>87113408
Not a clue where OP got that 'lukewarm' from. Tweets are coming out from early screenings and they've generally been positive: comparing it to the original Iron Man in feel and praising the magical action sequences. Some are saying the humour seems a little forced but that's the only negative so far.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/doctor-strange-review-critics-initial-reactions-twitter-a7371331.html

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/doctor-strange-movie-twitter-reviewreactions-now-online/

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/20/first-doctor-strange-reactions-from-early-screening/
>>
>>87114343
>humour seems a little forced
in other words, it sucks, because marvel has nothing to offer beside humor
>>
>>87097883
If someone has to write essays proving that something is good that means the general public is too stupid to make that conclusion themselves without someone else dumbing it down and explaining everything to them. Honestly all the "essays" I've seen present really compelling arguments and many of them seem to be what was really intended by the movie, but everyone just seems to completely dismiss them and continue to believe their interpretation is the word of god.
>>
>>87114343
>again, critics sucking Disney cock to make a living
You don't say?
>>
>>87114591
>>87114794
Pfft. Get back to /r/DC_Cinematic, you plebs. They're trying to compare BvS to Plato's Republic again and need your input.
>>
>>87114591
looks like critics just realized mcu humors are cheesy and forced.
>>
>>87114890
stay buttmad, it's glorious
>>
>>87113437
Paying to see BvS twice isnt so bad
>>
>>87115035
Buttmad? Lel. You really need the /s don'tcha?
>>
>>87097609
This, they also have the "Marvel movies can't do no wrong" mindset
>>
>>87113260
They tore apart SS too and it was a cartoon.
>>
>BVS level good

So you mean
>has some legitimate problems but people go too far in calling it the worst movie ever and treat it like it was responsible for killing their dog
>>
>>87114897
It's only forced in movies like Thor 2. Goddamn that humor was bad.
>>
>>87097349
And another person on /co/ who doesn't know how Rotten Tomatoes works...
>>
>>87113260
the thing is that marvel movies are just dumb summer blockbusters. At the end of the day its a movie you enjoy and don't really think about. The DCEU tried to be more and had terrible direction which resulted in stupid movies pretending they were something more than they were.

People are going to get high watch Doctor Strange and have a decent time. Justice league like BvS and Man of steel are just going to be miserable experience s.
>>
>>87116874
no one knows how it works and most don't care either
>>
>>87097277
The first Spy Kids was amazing.
Ghostbusters at 73%? That's about right. It wasn't as good as the rest of Paul Feig's ouvre (including the underappreciated Heat which showed off Sandra Bullock's comedic acting)
Suicide Squad should be lower
Sharknado is a joke film so you can't apply numerical ratings to it. I'd give it a thumbs up and I know its trash.
>>
>>87096668
Where is this reception? Where are you getting the information from? I probably won't watch it in theaters but I think it looks cool, and the music is a huge improvement over previous movies.
>>
>>87097277
Add Sausage Party and Age of Ultron. There needs to be a decent sized list, maybe 10, where critics were so wrong that it's not even worth listening to them.
>>
>>87116900
Dumb summer blockbusters are something like, say, Mission Impossible, Fast and Furious or the last 2 Bourne films. I would rate Civil War, Winter Soldier and most of phase 1 excepting Iron Man 2 well above those. Particularly First Avenger if only because it was so effective at capturing the pulpy Golden Age feel while being self aware enough to convince the audience to take a literal propaganda character from WWII seriously

Avengers gets a bonus for flawless pacing and being really innovative when it came out, though the writing was certainly nothing to write home about thanks to Joss
>>
>>87116594
I mean that's what I mean though. They had to change the tone of Suicide Squad's marketing because 'IT'S TOO DARK OMG' which is a stupid complaint consider the characters in the movie.

>>87118688
Even Mission Impossible and Fast and Furious are a bit above Dumb Summer Blockbusters too imo. They're actively trying to change things around and it worked as the series went on.
>>
>>87117053
A woman made this post.
>>
>>87114794
tfw Disney only paid each critic a lukewarm amount and that resulted in lukewarm reviews

The MCU is finished.
>>
>>87120000
People have been saying the MCU is finished from the time Avengers was announced
>>
>>87097277
nigger I will fight you on Spy Kids
>>
>>87100673
he was never mad at Superman for killing, he just thought he was dangerous and if he had the same "fall" that Batman had then the whole world could suffer.

The fact that you just thought he was mad at Superman for killing really reveals your level intelligence
>>
>>87100492
people didn't complain, I know, I was actually there
>>
>>87108481
>>87102786
muh negros
>>
>>87103250
but it started with Disney fucks trashing BvS because the OP said he liked it....

like right here >>87096798
>>
File: 1458394917980.png (259KB, 752x565px) Image search: [Google]
1458394917980.png
259KB, 752x565px
>>87097312
Now post the full version of that with the average of reviewers for The Room being less than 10. Not to mention if the critics weren't shit being ironic.
>>
>>87121525
what are you trying to prove, that image also shows how shit reviewers are
>>
>>87121545
My point?
>>
File: CmaH_dIWgAAl11I.jpg (37KB, 480x486px) Image search: [Google]
CmaH_dIWgAAl11I.jpg
37KB, 480x486px
:^)
>>
>>87107138
Solomon Grundy.
>>
>>87108493
>>87121910
I think he killed Clayface in Arkham City. He also has the option of killing Ra's Al Ghul in Arkham Knight
>>
>>87096668
I thought he was called Luke cage?
>>
>>87117118
from his ass, see legitimate receptions here >>87114343
>tfw you can't make any MCU threads because shitposters and some butthurt warner babies
I mean, i remember those GotG threads, what the fuck happened /co/ ?
>>
>>87121910
Solomon Grundy is a zombie and shown to be alive anyways and clayface isnt dead
>>
>>87097703
> and he murdered Joker with his own hands.

Have you even read the comics you're referencing?
>>
>>87121525
>even if the additions of Punisher and Electra can't quite fill the void left by Wilson Fisk
>bolstered by impressive action

The action scenes were shittier than season one's and the Punisher was one of the few things keeping season two grounded. Are critics retards?
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.