/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moderation of /co/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 821
Thread images: 77

File: IMG_5431.jpg (32KB, 750x191px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5431.jpg
32KB, 750x191px
>>>/qa/668743

Hiro wants us to discuss how we want to be moderated, so let's discuss how we want to be moderated. What is wrong with /co/ mods and how do we fix it?
>>
Remove /tv/
Keep comics and cartoons together
Fuck that guy that serously thinks putting comics and Manga and anime and cartoons together is a good idea
>>
/co/ is pretty good desu. Has fairly good traffic, fun threads allowed etc. I guess keeping some threads in generals could help, also if everyone wasn't such a "I want /pol/ to leave bitch that reported relevant threads to get them removed.
>>
Delete steven universe
>>
Make "Why doesn't Batman kill the Joker" threads an IP ban on sight.
>>
>>86292669
You're a retard.
>>
>>86292657
>Fuck that guy that serously thinks putting comics and Manga and anime and cartoons together is a good idea

Okay, anime and cartoons might be a stretch but Comics and Manga go phenomenally together.

Let us talk about our niche medium in whole, and actually focus on it. There is no other board with such a dichotomous split as ours. Comics and Cartoons are just entirely separate entities barely tethered together by a few examples (The Maxx, Heavy Metal, etc.,)

I want a board split and I'll go to bat on any argumentation for it.
>>
>>86292657
>remove /tv/

but where will i discuss how much a want a footjob from underage nickelodeon actresses?
>>
I agree with the anons who said in the other thread that generals should be permanently banned from this board. They just serve for circlejerk and it seems the fans of anything that has a general in /co/ prefer to make separate threads to discuss things rather than use the generals.
>>
Allow my little pony threads and images

If it triggers people, good. This is 4chan.
>>
Bring back Caturdays
Delete any thread where the thread is centered around a Twitter post
The moment a thread derails horribly, delete it
Delete all bait threads
>>
Delete all loud house threads.
>>
Split comics and cartoons. Make a no adaptation rule so cartoons and movies don't ruin the comic book board. All those threads with cheescake and waifus and shit belong on /aco/.
>>
>>86292687
And you're a sensitive baby who shouldn't be on 4chan. Just be because a comics or cartoon thread has a hint of political discussion doesn't mean it ahould be removed.
>>
>>86292716
Stop being dumb
>>
>>86292689
From all the thread we have had, we have came to the conclusion that removing live action movies/series based in comics/cartoons will help /co/ to erase shitposting.
>>
Keep /pol/ out. We've seen what happened to /tv/, why the fuck would we want that here?
>>
>>86292716
I agree with the cheesecake/waifu part.
>>
>>86292719
Why are you mad
>>
>>86292633
/co/ is pretty comfy. I know some people want to split it, but I think the scope here is just right. When the scope is too narrow, you get what happened to /mlp/: people spread out and it becomes a mini 4chan with its own /v/, /pol/, /x/, etc. Split capes or SU into their own board and we'all be seeing Superman tulpa threads in no time.
>>
>>86292657
Comics and cartoons are completely different mediums, there's enough to discuss in each to warrant separate boards. It's like having /mu/ and /tv/ be one

If we can have so many fucking video game sub-boards, why not one for this scenario?

I suggest splitting this board into;

/co/ - Comics
/ca/ - Cartoons and Cinematic Adaptations (i.e. all the /tv/ shit)

I've been on this board since 08 and while it was never great, it's an even worse wankstain now.
>>
>>86292633
Just get new mods altogether. Current ones are a joke.
>>
>>86292716
That's a terrible suggestion
>>
Make cartoons and comics separate.
Allow storytime of comics that might have partial nudity as long as it's behind a spoiler image and mentioned that it may have nudity.
>>
File: 1431522277136.png (180KB, 405x289px) Image search: [Google]
1431522277136.png
180KB, 405x289px
You people seem to have no idea why Comics and Cartoons are lumped together and therefore want them to be separated. The funny thing is, I'm not even really into Capeshit, so it's surprising to me that people constantly bitch about them on /co/ when they hardly seem like an issue.

You split us up and not only are you killing /co/, you'll probably end up with two shitty boards instead. Forced threads about feet to help make up the catalog, some crappy generals and other shite will thrive on the split up /co/.

Comics and Cartoons should stay together, it's a good combination and one interest can easily leak into another. /co/ has two major problems I'd say, moderation and to an extent, it's users, in which I'm referring to the /co/mblr meme which really rings true. There's a strong feeling here of people who really haven't been that long, aren't accustomed to this place and don't really make the best of posts. It's gotten stronger though and honestly they probably make up the majority of /co/ now so what can you do.

The other problem is moderation. Deleting generals isn't an issue so if you're of that mentality, you're wrong. Generals have a tendency to be pretty shit.

The problem with janitors is they seem to have sort of a personal agenda of their own and don't really want the board to have fun. They take the rules too literally but only when they see fit and so you'll get inane reasons for posts being deleted whilst a bunch of other things stay. I'm sure most of you by now have been in a thread everyone was enjoying, only for janitor to come along and delete it for no real reason other than he just sees fit. Some semi recent /co/ /ck/ threads are a prime example of that, everyone having a good time until he showed up. Those threads used to be good natured fun, but now you can't even have them. We just want to enjoy ourselves, a bit of off topic or rule bending isn't going to kill anyone, especially if no users even mind.

Focus on the shitty moderation
>>
>>86292728
oh right

sorry i thought you meant remove the /tv/ board from 4chan, not remove /tv/ threads from /co/
>>
Ban /tv/ even if its comic adaptation.
>>
>>86292657
This. No more /tv/ please. Half the threads on the board should not be about live action movies and television shows.
>>
There needs to be a /cape/ board for all things cape.
>>
>>86292633
If shows are quarantined to generals, discussions about how much they or the characters suck should stay there as well.
>>
>>86292749
This guy gets it
>>
Hiro isn't splitting the board

He already tried that with /tv/ by making /film/ and that was deleted within hours of its conception and people have been bitching for a Japanese /v/ and that hasn't happened yet either
>>
>>86292678
>>86292684
Whoa you guys are great. Also kill tumblr. On the topic of movie and TV adaptations, they shouldn't be banned because the quality and type of discussion will be different with fans of the original comics.
>>
HIRO
DOESN'T
CARE
>>
File: bitch nigger.jpg (95KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
bitch nigger.jpg
95KB, 960x960px
>>86292777
and this faggot too
>>
>>86292749
man hit the nail on the head
>>
In your opinion, do generals work ?

I havent see star wars threads or anything related besides their general.
>>
>>86292795
/pol/ leave
>>
>>86292633
Invent a thing where /pol/ posters get /pol/-locked and site banned.
They can still post on /pol/, but once you post there even once you cannot post anywhere else for 72 hours.
>>
This should be obvious, but ban manga and anime. Toonami fags are mostly contained in their general, but they seem to be what people hold on into when people bring up shit like jojo.

Also, ban "what would X be as cartoon" or "your favorite X is now a cartoon", since those are poorly disguised off topic threads anyway.

Finally, keep adaptations but ban shit not immediately related to them. "The new superman doesn't adapt well the character" - yes. "Actor that plays Deathstroke did something!" - no.
>>
>>86292803
>anon doesn't mention a thing about his race
>call him pol
See, the racist one here is you, tumblrina.
>>
>>86292633
The obvious answers for this thread are all and will be
>DELETE WHAT I DON'T LIKE!
It's pointless.
>>
>>86292803
this is what i mean, the only reason /pol/ and /tv/ come here is because of the live action comic adaptations.

We cannot stop producer/directors from changing the race/gender whatever of a character but what we can do is stop having live action threads in a comic and cartoon board.
>>
Nothing is wrong with /co/ mods, IMHO.

I'm not one to suck off the moderation, but /co/ is seriously one of the better janitored/modded boards on 4chan.

The only way I can think that would improve /co/ (and the rest of 4chan, including /tv/ to a degree) would be forcing live action film to stick to generals. ONE topic can be made about, say, the DCEU or the MCU and nothing else should be allowed.

It's funny, because live action /co/-related TV shows (like DCCW or Marvel's Netflix shows) tend to go into the "one general" mode pretty easily -- in large part because they originate from /co/ users, who aren't complete imbeciles. Even animated movies don't completely fuck up /co/ -- /zoo/ EASILY could have destroyed /co/, yet they've been mostly fine, having stuck to their own general. It's the idiots from /tv/ -- the ones who make 5 threads every time there's a new set picture -- who shit up /co/.

Make a general, make them label it correctly, and things will be better.
>>
>>86292797
They keep the cancer in

People constantly bitch about SU threads spammed everywhere so they were forced to just keep it in a general before everything went to shit
>>
>>86292795
Niggerwood hasn't been a mod in ages.
>>
no matter the suggestion, will chink moot even do anything?

this thread seems pointless
>>
>>86292788
I think he does, he just doesn't know enough about the site to really have any say, so you don't see much actually happen.

If he really didn't care he'd never have to show up, why bother with all this drama. moot understood this place, hell, he made it so he'd have the big say on new features and changes. It wasn't left for the users to discuss, he'd do something and we'd accept it. We could get a bit of feedback through to him too.
With Hiro, it's a guy who asked where the rules were on the first day.
>>
>>86292820
Do you like /tv/ or do you like my medium sized cock
>>
>>86292818
Check the file name tard baby.
>>
>>86292633
just start banning everyone for the slightest offense and random bans for no reason.
>>
File: CsRDD16WAAAS-bY.jpg (720KB, 1830x1746px) Image search: [Google]
CsRDD16WAAAS-bY.jpg
720KB, 1830x1746px
I don't mind cartoons and comics being in the same place. I don't bother Steven Universe people and they don't bother me. I'd be okay with a board split but I don't think it's necessary.

We need to cut down on the /tv/ and /pol/ tier bullshit though. That's what mods should focus on
>>
>>86292749
>There's a strong feeling here of people who really haven't been that long, aren't accustomed to this place and don't really make the best of post

That's because fags insisted on spreading the /co/ is love meme and spoonfeeding even the most basic questions (rec me a comic even though I haven't given you an idea of what I might like hur durr) so retards come in but never adapt.
>>
>>86292797
I feel like generals are good for quarantining shitposting. Anyone remember when LOK ate up the entire catalog? A general would have likely cut the amount of shit threads in half at most, since most of the users would flock to spam the general instead.

Just imagine how many more shitty su threads there'd be without /sug/
>>
>>86292749
Pretty much this.

/co/ is solid the way it is. Just need to clean up these janitors a bit, and not let them do whatever they want, rules be damned.
>>
Ban /pol/ so we can discuss stuff like luke cage without "WE WUZ" spam
>>
Should we make a /pol/ and decide what is the best for the board and then show it to Hiro in /qa/ ?
>>
>Stop deleting threads with a lot of legitimate discussion because they have a little bit of /pol/ in them
>remove the retarded restrictions on generals
>let us have our god dam whats for breakfast threads
>sticky solicits threads
>dont be so slow to sticky deaths
>keep doing what your doing to barneyfag it is hilarious to watch
>give us a sticky with links to comixology and the /co/ recs list along with other information for new readers
>>
>>86292728
Yeah no it won't
>>
>>86292857
mean to say poll
>>
>>86292749
/co/'s pretty much one of the better boards of the site. Sure some of the users can troll and false flag some tumblr sensibilities but it is one of the fairly lax boards.
>>
Just have a fucking /cog/ Cartoons & Comics Generals and let people post whatever cancer they want there as long as it loosely relates to the show they're "discussing"!!
>>
>>86292633
Ban live action. That should clean the board up quick.
>>
Batman hate threads need to be a automatic ban, hate threads should be generals, not 20 threads a day by the same 2 autistic idiots. Also vs threads that involve superman or batman should get you a warning
>>
Does this apply to other boards too?

Because /sp/ needs to go back to bro culture at night
>>
>>86292858
Those breakfasts threads are the exact kind of cancer that needs to be banned. Fuck board "culture"
>>
>>86292869
why ? let me remind you of the recent Zendaya as MJ who attract a lot of shitposter, hell I visit /pol/ and I saw threads about there.
>>
>>86292875
You do realize /trash/ exists for such a purpose.

Also
>/cog/

Horrible idea. /co/ only has like 5 generals. Less even. Why would you make a /cog/ because of one thread in the catalog you don't even visit.
>>
>>86292795
Who the fuck has even seen Redwood in ages? This is like complaining about dinosaurs because you saw a picture of a fossil in a museum.
>>
>>86292874
It's considered one of the worst boards, please tier taste, casual and tumnrl friendly
>>
>>86292885
Go make your own thread in /sp/ nobody here gives a fuck.
>>
>>86292633
Less politics.
>>
>>86292803
>>86292808
>>86292856
>>86292841
how about we ban thin-skinned liberals and shitskins here instead

racism banter has always been a part of 4chan, if you dont like it go to a safe space like reddit, 9gag, or somethingawful
>>
>>86292885
/sp/ already had its thread, you missed it lad
>>
>>86292880
>apparently you werent here

I probably wasn't. I'm talking about NOW.

/co/, right now, is better modded than most boards of its size and speed.
>>
I think we cal all agree that Steven Universe should never get a board of it own.
>>
>>86292808
Best idea in the thread
>>
>>86292892
Yes I know /trash/ is the dedicated furry scat board. What does that have to do with cartoons and comics?
>>
>>86292911
10 threads about a black character aren't racist banter, it's shitposting.
>>
>>86292893
>he's not using his trip so he mustve been removed
or maybe they just told him to stop using the trip since hes so hated since the moment he got outted as the mod ruining /co/ that its impossible for him to post here anymore?
>>
Nah, /co/ is fine the way it is.
>>
>>86292902
>Worst boards
>Manages to actually be on topic for most times

Also tumblr friendly isn't really true since half the time the threads about /co/ntroversies are there arguing for and against whatever is in there. The only tumblr friendly threads are /sug/ threads.
>>
File: 1226949277373.jpg (42KB, 321x466px) Image search: [Google]
1226949277373.jpg
42KB, 321x466px
>all these retards against a board split

There's nothing wrong with a slow board. Cartoons will do fine because of all the autistic generals that make up the majority of fucking /co/ to begin with

The priority is to remove ALL of the /tv/ faggotry from here, but a board split would be decent too
>>
File: >Benis.jpg (413KB, 815x1264px) Image search: [Google]
>Benis.jpg
413KB, 815x1264px
>>86292910
Impossible, comics are already use political themes.
>>
There are literally, LITERALLY no arguments you can make against moving /tv/ threads to /tv/ without bitching about either /co/mblr or /pol/. Literally.
>>
File: 1473728527634.gif (420KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1473728527634.gif
420KB, 500x280px
>mfw there are people unironically defending /co/'s moderation

YOU are part of the problem here
>>
>>86292633
how to fix /co/ : permaban generals. No more than one thread per show. Ecelebs and doses gets a perma. All this works if you block phoneposting. Which should be your top priority anyway because it's rotting the whole site.
>>
>>86292925
It's the go to board for hiatus generals, including Steven Universe, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, etc.

/trash/ exists to compliment whatever isn't allowed in your board at the time being, not just /b/ 2.0
>>
>>86292797
Sort of. Some generals need to be thrown in the trash occassionaly to keep things fresh.

Eg: Homestuck, and Stephen universe during the offseason.

When there's big, popular stuff that would otherwise flood the board, is when a general most useful.
>>
File: thm_phphmQydB.jpg (6KB, 192x200px) Image search: [Google]
thm_phphmQydB.jpg
6KB, 192x200px
>>86292911
>4chan is my personal blog lemee post about how the juuus and niggers touched me peepee at night!
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH YOU'RE ALL JUST L-LIBERAL AND S-SHITSKINS STOP DISAGREEING WITH ME
Why don't you think with reason for a second instead of your fee-feels and being such an easily triggered baby?
>>
>>86292888
Because you take away one avenue another just opens up, shitposting isn't a symptom of /tv/ it's part of the culture of the site.
>>
>>86292939
>Cartoons will do fine because of all the autistic generals that make up the majority of fucking /co/ to begin with
Ah yes, lets encourage even more shitty threads and generals because lolcartoons
>>
>>86292951
Phoneposting?
>>
>>86292959
If live-action bullshit isn't allowed then at least the shitposting will be board-related.
>>
>>86292847
I can handle like the five threads on the catalog. Any more and it's a clutter.
>>
>>86292955
You don't think there's something wrong when the only threads that aren't about degenerate shit are about children's cartoons?
>>
>>86292950
because they want the mod team to be their personal hug force that makes all the bad opinions/lewd stuff/trump supporters go away

this is why the mod team is so shit right now. posters like >>86292958 want this place to be tumblr (note the unironic use the word "triggered") and remove any of the things that made 4chan unique because they came here due to its popularity rather than its initial appeal.
>>
>>86292959
Ya i get that, we will continue to have sug threads outside their general or "WHAT COMICS ARE XXXX" but at least we would have removed one of the biggest reason people shitpost on /co/
>>
>>86292965
Fuck em. Cartoon fans started all this shit when LoK became the resident board cancer here years ago and spawned the first 'generals'
>>
>>86292633
Get rid of the su threads
>>
>>86292911
There's a difference between shitty racist quip and then having 10 threads of the MJ casting with "EHHH YO NIGGA YOU JUST HIT THE JACKPOT" or half a luke cage thread being filled with "WE WUz
>>
>>86292990

Generals were a thing long before Korra, dude.
>>
>>86292633
add /cape/

I swear the DC vs Marvel shit only happens in movie threads, it's getting nuts.

or /cg/ Comics & Cartoons Generals, worked for /v/
>>
>>86292976
It has been a while since we had a good Rape the Joker Batman! thread...
>>
>>86292990
>and spawned the first 'generals'

uhhhh
>>
What is the argument against generals?

Like, holy shit, do you even understand what you're saying by being against generals?
>>
>>86292688
I'm not necessarily for or against a board split. I mean, either way it would be fine, but I feel like there's not a whole lot happening in either comics or cartoons to really justify a board split. Especially with cartoons constantly getting canceled all the time, and threads about them turning into cancer-inducing generals, and just a general lack of topics going on in comics that you could really make an entire board for. Especially since most people only read capeshit.

You'd just have two really slow boards.
>>
>>86292979
It's a very *special* containment board for a series of subjects, not like /vp/ or /mlp/ for one certain franchise. Basically if your general isn't welcome until the hiatus goes away, your general belongs to /trash/. Why do you think there's no link for it below the ad banners or at the homepage?
>>
Everything is fine in /co/
Just make a seperate board for anthro comics and cartoons and make it borderline red board risqué like /a/ and bring back cat day
>>
>>86292996
so its basically capeshithead stuff people are whining about, go figure, comics and their writers are hopelessly deadlocked to the liberal drumbeat anyway.
>>
File: 1467894005135.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1467894005135.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>86292911
telling stormbabies to fuck off is also a long-tradition of 4chan.
>>
>>86292983
I don't disagree, it just doesn't feel right to blame it all on tumblr and shit though
>>
>>86292932
He was still posting for years after his brief mod period. It's pretty fanatical to worry about rednigger as if he's some active force on mod patrol. He went away for like 2-3 for his failed Navy training and then occasionally shitposts on here, but with Moot gone it's doubtful he's had any real moderating presence here.

But if you're fixated I guess nothing will dispel your fears short of a self-resignation announcement.
>>
>>86293008
That's because /v/ has the largest traffic, if not counting /b/. /co/ doesn't need a general because there's a lack of the generals you want contained.

Also cape is a horrible idea.
>>
File: 1472303277899.png (137KB, 910x368px) Image search: [Google]
1472303277899.png
137KB, 910x368px
>>86292669
No, no they are not.
>>
>>86293015
Contrarians just absolutely hate seeing popular shit, you could say it leaves them SEETHING
>>
>>86292925
>go check /trash/
>there's only a single thread about scat
Otherwise it looks like furry /aco/.
>>
>>86293015
Generals are shit. You're probably part of one so you don't see it

>>86292749
Janitors deleting generals isn't an issue*
>>
>>86292951
>permaban generals
>only one thread per show

nigger make up your mind
>>
>>86292633
/co/ is for comic book and cartoons from anywhere in the world except Japan.
Its very simple to trace the source of a comic book or cartoons and its therefore very simple to moderate this board.
Just stop making fucking stupid exceptions for the sole purpose of sating a bunch of cry babies who want their favorite thing to be the exception.
>>
>>86293038
Huh. Surprised they didn't pull an april /fur/s day again
>>
File: 1467693096408.png (110KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1467693096408.png
110KB, 601x508px
>>86293037
Oy
Get out /asp/
>>
>>86292983
Who the fuck are you to say the use of what's ironic? Can I call you an unironic facebook stormfag twitter nigger because you're using fucking parenthesis unironically on an imageboard you dense fuck?
>>
>>86293008
There really aren't that much generals on here, but yeah /cape/ needs to fuck off to /tv/
>>
>>86292887
/co/ without breakfast would be like /tg/ without heresy or /mlp/ without >rape
>>
>>86292951
Isn't that contradictory?
>>
Well, one thing. Quit autosaging Gotham threads.
>>
File: hiro moot.png (11KB, 345x509px) Image search: [Google]
hiro moot.png
11KB, 345x509px
http://www.strawpoll.me/11229277

Let see what you guys think.
>>
Please split /co/ into

/gac/ = Golden Age Cartoons, cartoons made before 1970.
/rco/ = Retro Cartoons, cartoons made between 1970 to 2000.
/oco/ = old cartoons, for cartoons made between 2000 to 2010 (and later once it's older then 5 years and not airing anymore)
/co/ = for cartoons made with in the past 5 years or is still airing with new episodes after that.
/simp/ = Simpsons, like /mlp/, but for The Simpsons; Made for people who still like the show; Futurama & Life In Hell are also OK.
>>
LIve action to /tv/ or /cpsht/
>>
>>86293042
>Generals are shit. You're probably part of one so you don't see it

Can you explain this?

I'm honestly not trying to bait. I just do not understand how generals hurt a board.
>>
>>86293015
they really arent a problem, if i can have one easily filtered steven universe general id rather that than some asshole spamming those ugly as fuck fat characters all over the catalog.

looking at the catalog, a bigger problem are those "ITT blah blah" threads, like come up with a more creative thread idea you fucking mongoloids.
>>
>>86293074
Move them to /tv/.
Its a tv show based on comics, those shouldn't be allow here.
Being related to comic books does not mean it belongs here.
>>
>>86293003
>>86293012
Sorry I meant with Avatar
>>
>>86293080
No that's retarded.
>>
>>86292983
>because they want the mod team to be their personal hug force that makes all the bad opinions/lewd stuff/trump supporters go away

are you serious you autistic dumbshit?
you JUST posted a request suggesting you ban all libural posts and meanie opinions you don't like
And you have your personal hugbox already
>>
File: Tumbleweed-862x574.jpg (128KB, 862x574px) Image search: [Google]
Tumbleweed-862x574.jpg
128KB, 862x574px
>>86293080
kek
>>
>>86293020
>we discuss cartoons here
>unless you want to discuss a specific cartoon
>>
>>86293044
>>86293071
no, most things only have one thread and they aren't generals
>>
>>86293015
Ordinarally, shitty thread ideas will just dissapear in a hurry. In a general, they can be carried long beyond their normal lifespan, carried by bumps from other posts on the general topic matter.
>>
>>86293099
>he took that post seriously
how is the average poster here this dumb, seriously... i think this board just has a lot of women now.
>>
>>86293091
tv shows about comics will eventually be discussed in /co/ because they are a related media. Hell even other graphic novel adaptations will be just like that.

>>86293101
It's a response to generals stagnating into image dumps and smutfiction, so they push it over to /trash/ until the show comes back for the anons to actually discuss something.
>>
File: friday.png (94KB, 408x685px) Image search: [Google]
friday.png
94KB, 408x685px
Ok, I think it is time we brought this one up.
We all know that the /co/ was the only board to NOT let the hunger games become pure cancer and were the only board allowed to have them while otheres were banning them.
/co/ kept it to strictly 1 thread at a time on the weekends, and even adapted the source rule to prevent non /co/ nominations.
So can we finally have them back instead of all these rouge threads?
>>
>>86292633
I used to get banned here for absolutely anything, like I couldn't say my opinion if it was a wrong opinion.
Wathever is going on tight now is miles better, these couple months have been the first time I have been coming back here regularly in like 3 years
>>
>>86293091

>based on comics

Sounds like it should be here to me.

People saying "lose capeshit" or "no /tv/ stuff are just babies who hate seeing what they don't like.

Reminds me of /v/ before /vp/, honestly.
>>
>>86293119
the problem is that Why do an exception on /co/ ?

Is easier to just put them all in trash, dont get me wrong I get what you are saying but you can also see how a mod will look at those threads.
>>
One of the handful of real issues on /co/ is not having containment threads for live action movies on release dates and the occasional events, such as major announcements, etc. that are seen to generate a lot of discussion. The current style basically allows retards flood the board with numerous threads about the same subject.
>>
>>86293130
We should have threads about sports on /co/ and people who disagree are just babies who hate seeing things they don't like.
>>
>>86293097
No, it's smart, people need a place to talk about Popeye & Bugs Bunny with out getting cloged up with WOY and GF thread.

Also theres still people who like The Simpsons and can't stand the hate that /co/ has for that show, just give us fans our own board just like how /mlp/ was made.
>>
>>86292716
please dont listen to this guy.

Except for the cheesecake stuff, i guess.
>>
permaban anyone who posts "/co/ is love"
delete useless OC generals like /co/co/
delete company war threads
>>
>>86293118
>tv shows about comics will eventually be discussed in /co/ because they are a related media. Hell even other graphic novel adaptations will be just like that.
No they aren't. They're about the shows and movies IN RELATION to the comics and cartoons. The tv shows and movies have their own plots and characters. They are not the versions featured in the comics and cartoons.

>>86293130
>Sounds like it should be here to me.
How? They aren't comics and cartoons. Seems like they very specifically do NOT belong here.
Notice how there aren't literature threads on /tv/ despite how many books are adapted into tv shows and movies and how there are no movie and tv show threads on /lit/ about them.

It doesn't matter if they are based on them if the rule is pertaining to the medium and not the content.
>>
>>86292808

Lmfao no. That's retarded and not what 4chan is fundamentally. Just deal with it or leave
>>
>>86293148
Stop being retarded, Anon. For once, Boco is right.
>>
>>86292688
If you split comics it's just going to be a gigant dc/marvel cirklejerk and we will loose the storytimes we get
>>
>>86293130
You have a literal board specifically for movies and television, and they talk about superhero movies in there all the time. It takes 5 fucking seconds to go on /tv/ and talk movies in there.
>>
>>86293155
>we can talk about BTAS, but not DKR
>>
>>86293148

That's not even close to the same thing and you know it.
>>
File: Pan-Pizza party podcast.png (90KB, 430x750px) Image search: [Google]
Pan-Pizza party podcast.png
90KB, 430x750px
While we are at it, can we also talk about he we are not allowed threads about Pan yet Linkara threads are perfectly fine?
>>
Ban Homestuck. Shit's done, the authors done, the fans are in a ouroboros of zombie shitposting.
And either keep SUs in a single General or ban them outside of singular allowed threads only when a new episode airs.
>>
>>86293155
They are related to cartoons and comics. Even closer if it's an adaptation of A cartoon and comic. Next you'll say that discussing the comic on /tv/ for comparison purposes should be a bannable offense.
>>
>>86293149
Fuck off with this meme, that's no real justification to make additional boards to 4chan.

Why don't you go to infinity chan if you want to do that kind of shit.
>>
>>86293174
where DO webcomics go then?
>>
>>86292694
>Delete all bait threads
I read this as "delete all bat threads" and it made me chuckle. Fuck Batman.
>>
>>86293105
But by the same token, if those other "bumps" are good enough posts, they'll easily/instantly overtake the original "shitty thread idea".

And in any case, this just means there are more opportunities for more threads. Without generals, there'd be 4 shit thread ideas taking up space in the catalog and even the front page, making it that much more difficult for people to consider joining an ongoing, non-shitty topic. Not to mention creates a fear of making a new topic, since there's already 4 threads dedicated to just one topic.
>>
>>86293169
Does Linkara do stuff anymore ?
>>
>>86293167
You can talk about Dark Knight Rises, but you can't make threads dedicated to it.

>>86293177
>Next you'll say that discussing the comic on /tv/ for comparison purposes should be a bannable offense.
Why would I say that?
>>
>>86293148
Agreed
>>
File: 1464125208884.gif (240KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1464125208884.gif
240KB, 380x380px
/co/ is fine just as it.

All that i would personally ask for is more leniency towards certain comics being posted here. Like when someone was storytiming Akira, which really appeals to a western market in many ways, gets banned from /co/. Which is odd considering Akira is more popular on /co/ then /a/.
>>
>>86293152
>permaban anyone who posts "/co/ is love"
>This is how far tumblr has infected us and corrupted our very roots
>Even the old creeds of the past are wrong-thing and must be purged, made an unperson
>>
>Ban x
>Delete y
>Filter z

You people are the reason why the mods are so out of control right now.

The site in general needs more clear and concise rules, along with more transparency with modding, and a better system of appeal.
>>
>>86292948
They aren't comics or cartoons and I'm tired of them taking up half the board.
>>
>>86293174
>Ban homestuck

I don't what's wrong since there have rarely been threads about it after its end.

>SU
Nah, they need atleast three-five threads if some controversial episode comes out because of generals getting hugboxy over ONE opinion that isn't their view.
>>
I don't see people begging to split Anime and Manga. Funny that.
>>
File: pc-principal-triggered.gif (480KB, 250x309px) Image search: [Google]
pc-principal-triggered.gif
480KB, 250x309px
Just remove all the niggerwood mods who
DOS IT FO FWEE
also remove global rule 15 already, You are letting your little sister /mlp/ die, /co/
>>
>Ban /pol/
Seriously these fucks need to go. They dont read comics, spew the same shit all the time, and derail every comic thread that doesn't feature a white male. Dont any of you even come at me with that tumblr boogeyman shit either. Tumblr is not here, it's just people would rather discuss superheros than your bullshit flawed ideas on genetics and diversity

>Ban /tv/
Do it. They dont read comics either. Getting rid of them would cut down on ignorance and stupidity

>Stop letting mods ban threads based on their personal stupid beliefs
There is no reason why a gay /co/ pairing thread should get deleted when the mods let another /pol/ thread here stay up
>>
>>86292669
Then you weren't here six years ago. I would rather have a slower board than a worse one
>>
>>86293177
>They are related to cartoons and comics.
Yes, but they are not cartoons and comics and that's the point.
>>
>>86293155
Does that mean we can't talk about Elseworld books because they're so radically different from current canon?
>>
>>86293193
Retard
>>
This thread has shown me how many stupid people browse this board!
There is no reason to split/co/ into smaller boards. This is already a slow board to begin with. Only fix is that mods and janitors need to follow 4chan rules themselves. If it's not porn.....actual porn, then it shouldn't be deleted. Posting links are not against the rules, mods have banned people for linking to porn. And stop deleting shit that they just don't like.
Other then that, /co/ is fine as is.
>>
>>86293199
because Anime most of them time is based in manga.
>>
>>86293146
Absolutely agree.
>>
>>86293205

I was here six years ago. Aside from banishing ponies nothing has really changed.
>>
>>86293194
>le tumblr boogeyman
fuck off. /co/ is love was a forced meme and encouraged spoon feeding.
>>
>>86293169

Because pan is an """e-celeb""" while Linkara is a meme.
>>
>>86292911
Most people enjoy a good racist joke as a guilty pleasure, but constantly spewing vitriolic bile in irrelevant threads is starting to wear thin.
>>
>>86293213
I wasn't talking about canon so I don't see why you'd bring it up.
If its a comic book its still allowed within the rules.
>>
>>86293219
>!
Kys family
>>
>>86293177
> Next you'll say that discussing the comic on /tv/ for comparison purposes should be a bannable offense.

No one goes in /tv/ and starts making comic/book threads.
>>
>>86293186
Because in the end, every thread about comic adaptations for television or movies will eventually have the discussion about the comics. The audience knowledgable about the comics will discuss the comics over at /tv/ out of comparison and the same will happen with /co/. Two threads, both about comics, both about tv in two boards.
>>
>>86293080
lol
>>
>>86293203
People like this unironically think they can control through censorship. You're literally saying ban anyone who says something you don't like you goddamned retard.
>>
>>86293182
He's not saying webcomics. He's saying Homestuck. Specifically Homestuck.
>>
>>86293221

And comic and cartoons are most of the time based on either.

Whodathunkit?
>>
>>86293159
>>86293168
Tell me how it's any different. Why don't we talk about /an/ stuff on /ck/ since we eat animals? Why don't we talk about videogames on /o/ since racing games exist? Why don't we talk about comics and manga on /po/ since they're made of paper?

A film is not a fucking comic and it's not a fucking cartoon. There's LITERALLY a board dedicated to what it is. This isn't a matter of interpretation and you can't go "oh it doesn't really objectively belong anywhere", it's in the fucking board title.
>>
>>86292858
Its actually really funny how every time a thread get a little right wing you can see the mods getting turbo triggered and you know they want to delete the thread, actually they want to permanently ban you, but they can't so they watch it like Hawks waiting for the exact second it crosses the incredibly strict line and they are allowed to be awful human beings again
Hell I bet I could quantity the line and come up with exactly what you are allowed to post without thread deletion
>>
>>86293181
Yes there is, on /co/ you rarely get to have threads on older cartoons but on /gac/ you can have those topics.
>>
>>86292841
>I don't bother Steven Universe people and they don't bother me.
They bother me. Also tell that to the DCEU haters who try to derail literally every thread.
>>
>>86293237
>Because in the end, every thread about comic adaptations for television or movies will eventually have the discussion about the comics. The audience knowledgable about the comics will discuss the comics over at /tv/ out of comparison and the same will happen with /co/. Two threads, both about comics, both about tv in two boards.
But they are talking about the movies.
Any reference to the comics is in relation to the movies.
The topic of discussion is THE MOVIES.
>>
>>86293182
On /co/.
So long as they're still updating. A thread of an old comic once in a while is alright.
A constant General for a webcomic that's over- no, for a webcomic meme cult that ended 3-4 years ago and has consumed itself with it's own cancer, ships and insular culture should just be pruned off. Didn't we use to ban /hsg/? Get back on that mods.

If worst comes to worst, concentration camp them to a new /hsg/ board once their videogame and Homestuck 2.0 comes out or whatever.
>>
>>86293160
>and we will loose the storytimes we get

How did you come to that conclusion?
>>
>>86293084
Generals are kind of like a rubbish bin, it keeps the trash out of everything else, but sometimes it gets overfilled and spills onto the other stuff.
The problem is that you cant just remove the bin, because then you have no where to put the trash, and it just piles up onto everything.

The choice is either to remove generals and just accept that general stuff will leak into other threads, or keep generals and crack down on them entering other threads, like with /mlp/ but less extreme.
>>
>>86293236
There have been comic book discussions. One of them was during the killing joke, a few during the Deadpool weeks (Even a storytime) and so on. Capeshit will happen in both boards, and forcing one to discuss only one thing will be deterrent to the discussion of the subject.
>>
>>86292633
Ban /tlhg/
They're all pedohiles
>>
>>86293242
is BTAS not based off of a comic?
>>
>>86293242
Not to the same degree like in Japan. Not even close
>>
>>86293245

Is this what they call a strawman? I've never been able to tell.
>>
>>86292633
Could start with mods not arbitrarily deleting threads that haven't broken any rules(Dobson, Sinfest, ect.) or for arbitrary reasons like it being on hiatus(Steven Universe). That's horseshit.
>>86292688
>Comics and Manga go phenomenally together.
No. For someone talking about a split, the slit between manga and American comics is even greater. Yes, same medium, but that's it.
>Comics and Cartoons are just entirely separate entities barely tethered together by a few examples (The Maxx, Heavy Metal, etc.,)
How about all the DCAU cartoons, the whole mess of animated cartoons based on newspaper comics, or even the comics based on cartoons? There's a fucking lot of intermingling between to two and splitting the boards would just result in crossover threads and people bitching about what belongs where.
>>
File: 1377514231271.jpg (42KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
1377514231271.jpg
42KB, 330x330px
>>86293084
Generals just have a tendency to be shit. It's not just a /co/ exclusive problem, it's just a General problem.
Like I said, when you're in one, you don't see the issue, everything's all peachy in what's basically become your personal chatroom and you don't understand why you're getting hate.
In a way, they do serve a purpose in containing discussion and sort of helping to ensure there's not a mass of threads on one show, but the fact of the matter is, there really is no need to have a constant 24/7 thread about your show.
Very few shows do it, why should one or two be any different? It's forcing discussion other than letting it happen organically which is a prime issue. They also become a bit of a clique, if you want to discuss the show with them you need to learn their own in memes and all that bullshit, rather than just post about the show.
Not to mention all the fetish fuel the threads are driven by, or the constant repeated posts ("first for X") or bumps. They really go against the site, rather than having threads about interesting topics and fun things, we just have threads for the sake of "yeah we need a thread". It's bullshit.
General threads just aren't generally very good, it's a problem a lot of new users don't seem to understand and instead they'll try to force a general thread on the catalog for something asinine like Ed Edd N Eddy, which has been off air for over a decade and there's not a whole lot to discuss.
The OP's aren't interesting, there's no point of discussion, no topic, not like other OP's which generally have you discuss something.
I used to watch Gravity Falls and could barely even post about it because /gfg/ was shite. If you want a prime example of the problem with generals, look no further than /frz/.

There's probably a bunch of shit I'm missing, but yeah, generals have a bad rep for a reason. If you can't see it I wager that's your issue and you might not have been here too long.
>>
>>86293130
Shut the fuck up Boco.
>>
>>86293202
>also remove global rule 15 already, You are letting your little sister /mlp/ die, /co/
global 15 will be removed when people stop asking for it, because then it's purpose will have been served and people finally shut the fuck up about /mlp/.
>>
>>86293254

I don't understand why the homestuck still sticks around here. Just move it to /trash/ like /sug/ does every time there aren't any new episodes.
>>
File: 1355692815021.png (66KB, 326x256px) Image search: [Google]
1355692815021.png
66KB, 326x256px
>>86292633
what happened guys? we were reaching an agreement yesterday over removing /tv/ stuff and now some of you are backing down? seriously nothing may come of it but also this could be something, and we don´t know when will we get an opportunity like this again
>>
>>86293264
Where do you think you are .webm
>>
>>86293198
>I don't what's wrong since there have rarely been threads about it after its end.

They still have almost semi-daily threads, and whenever it dies they make a new one a few hours later. Nobody even discusses the comic in there, they just shit and bitch about the author and his meme lyfe and trump impersonations.

>Nah, they need atleast three-five threads
You joke but this is becoming a real problem.
>>
BAN
TRIPFAGS
>>
>>86293263
I still don't understand the point of a crossover.

You could've just had the deadpool storytime in here and people from /tv/ would've read it here while we talk about the movie in /tv/ ?

How the fuck is it so hard for you to use multiple boards at once?
>>
>>86293281
>I don't understand why threads about a comic are on the comics and cartoons board
Are you a retard?
>>
>>86293251
Fuck off Famicom
>>
I really do get the feeling all the people who are fine with current /co/ are part of the problem everyone else has with current /co/
>>
>>86293253
and the movies are related to the comic books. You know all those BATMAN DOESN'T KILL threads about Batsnyder being a Bat of Manslaughter? The topic goes to COMICS, showing panels of Batman killing, from the golden age, the present continuation, elseworlds, etc.

They WILL eventually talk about the source material. Restricting one of the other would be bad for the subject itself.
>>
>>86293276
General threads CAN work.
/vg/ is an amazing example of the concept working, each thread is its own community.
Just because it hasn't work much elsewhere doesn't mean it can't.
I think it just needs better moderation.
>>
Ban SJW Tumblrverse and anyone who posts about it. Anybody who makes a post about it, give them a perma ban and an IP ban. That way, we can get rid of the cancer ruining this board
>>
>>86293277

Yes sir...
>>
>>86293302
movies based on comics, can have discussion relating to comics

who knew?
>>
>>86293257
Splitting /co/ into cartoons and capes means comic storytimes belongs on cape boards, let's be honest people reading storytimes aren't the same people discussing why Batman doesn't killl the joker they are casual posters who talk about cartoons and not dc or marvel stuff
>>
>>86293219
a /cp/ board would be fucking fast, have you seen how many replies snyder and mcu threads get?
>>
>>86293304
>Ban people I don't like
Sure am glad you're not a mod
>>
>>86293273
Not an argument. Explain why your retarded movie threads belong here and not on the fucking movie board or shut the fuck up and go back to posting about your stupid fetishes.
>>
>>86293312
No, speak up boco, your opinions are actually reasonable this time.
>>
>>86293240
Shut up /pol/. Things get said here I dont like all the time. I hate MJ with a passion while people here like her and I'm ok with that. Why? Because it's /co/ related, stays on topic, and there is actual discussion. You /pol/acks dont read comics and clearly dont know anything about them. I would actually like to discuss Miles Morales here for once without the thread derailing into /pol/
>>
>>86293296
Because it's a culture thing. You've seen people say "/tv/ sucks because everyone there memes, contrarians or just cuckposts because it's the culture of the board".
>>
Bring back /mlp/
>>
>>86293302
Then discuss that on /tv/ because it still is a discussion sparked by a movie
>>
>>86293302
If people want to talk about the movies and tv shows they can go to the /tv/ threads. There is nothing stopping people from talking about the comic book in relation to the movies and tv shows or visa versa. The point is that the threads start on a topic and that topic must pertain to the board specific topic. If you start a thread about the movies and tv shows it should be on the board for movies and tv shows.
>>
File: 6343.png (413KB, 489x376px) Image search: [Google]
6343.png
413KB, 489x376px
BAN THE POSTING OF SOCIAL MEDIA SCREENCAPS

Someone please back me up here or at least explain why it won't make the board instantly a million times better
>>
>>86293298
Famicom only brings up Japanese stuff, he won't be on /gac/
>>
Make a "comics & cartoons General" board. That's all we need.

capeshit TV adaptations can stay, since they are based on comics. I remember 8 years ago /co/ even prided itself on how much stuff that can be posted here, because it had a comic book or a cartoon adaptation, like Darkstalkers or Prototype. It really is a grey area anyway, since a lot of media is multiformat nowadays.
>>
>>86293276
This. Generals are filled with shit that can easily function on a "normal" message board, but people want some bizarre prestige to posting on 4chan.
>>
>>86293303
That's literally a general board. It's not the same. /vg/ is a community that welcomes all those shite points I talked about, whereas on a normal board, they don't want them. It's why /vg/ even exists, /v/ didn't want it
/co/ isn't big enough for /cog/ so don't suggest it.
>>
>>86293335
They really aren't
>>
>>86293322
Yes, and the debate is pointless about splitting the two.

>>86293325
>/cp/ board

Well, I know the FBI would be watching :^)
>>
>>86293343
Impossible, some of those twitter screencaps can be announcements of new books/events/shows
>>
>>86293143
Easy, /co/ has a large amount of people who were dedicated to it, and unlike EVERY other board, /co/ was able to keep people in line without the mods deleting threads. Come on, we had people coming from other boards to /co/ because we were better in every way.

The /co/ games even put out some content too.
>>
>>86293228
Pan has been caught shilling here whereas Linkara falls into the lolcow category with Dobson, Shmorky and Chris-Chan and probably would rather we left him alone.
>>
>>86293343
This would get mostly fixed with the banning of /tv/ because most of the time it's just retarded celebrity wanking
We need more straightforward moderation, not arbitrary rules
>>
>>86293162
No, they shitpost about superhero "kino" movies all the time.

>go on /tv/ and talk movies in there
You must never have gone to /tv/ before. No legitimate discussion of television or films goes on in there. This is not an exaggeration either, /tv/ is by far the worst board on 4chan, with little to no moderation. Its like a light-/s4s/, with constant cuck-posting, Baneposting, Kinoposting, etc.

Now I'm not saying that's a reason to discuss comic book movies and /tv/ shows on /co/. They're fucking /co/-adaptations. They certainly need to be moderated better, as they tend to be the spark that ignites company wars and flaming, and /tv/ memes certainly do leak into these threads, but like I said, it's a problem that's easily solvable by competent moderation, unlike what we currently have.
>>
>>86293361
You can just use the announcements off of official sites instead
>>
>>86293343
If the screencap pertains to the topic of cartoons or comic books its allowed.
If its, let's say, a cartoonist mentioning a new season is greenlit on twitter that should be allowed.
If its a tweet that panders to shippers and stuff, that should be confined to a general on that specific cartoon or comic.
>>
>>86293304
Wow you sure seem smart hey mods let's go by the decisions of people who speak only in buzzwords.

Actually why don't we just ban people that use
>Buzzwords like /pol/, tumblr, sjw, jews, ect
>Nigger facebook speak (Lmao XD kek lol triggered amirite?)
>>
>>86293357
Fix it to /cape/ and the issues will be fixed.
>>
>>86293327

Because its related? You discuss one, inevitably the other will be brought up. They are inexorably linked.

And another thing, you people are too focused on the long term. Things pass.

Ya know how long Frozen had constant threads? Or Wreck It Ralph? Or How to Train Your Dragon? I've seen them have threads day in and day out. But inevitably, they slow down, then just stop.

Patience is a virtue.
>>
>>86293335
No they fucking aren't. All Boco does is shitpost. The only time he contributes to discussions is, funnily enough, off topic threads.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (126KB, 1041x1066px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
126KB, 1041x1066px
>>86292633
REMOVE LIVE-ACTION

REMOVE /TV/
>>
people should be able to talk about political stuff but usually political threads start with some meant to spark outrage and shitposting, not discussion. No more political baiting.

Also Pepe posting should be banned, he's an ugly little shit.
>>
>>86293343
not as bad of a problem as in /v/, and like >>86293361 said it´d be very broad, in /co/ things, official sources speak more, while in /v/ they are actually literally who´s who comment in stuff, and there are many who get threads, here it´s just pan and mr enter, it´s a non issue here by comparison
>>
>>86293371
People say that but they never post ANY proof.
>>
>>86293383
/co/ is /cape/, unless you'll be specific about "/cape/ should only be about Marvel and DC" because there are graphic novels out there that counts as capeshit but not as well publicized as the big two.
>>
>>86293169
Pan makes Goth threads here sometimes
Why don't we ban Rebel Taxi instead?
>>
>>86293338
that's a feedback loop tho

1. /tv/ threads about superheroes are shit because /co/ people don't go post in there
2. /co/ people don't go post in there because /tv/ threads are shit
>>
>>86293398
>people should be able to talk about political stuff
Absolutely not. Its blatantly off topic unless its related to politics in the fictional world of a comic book or cartoon.
>>
>>86293373
That's a problem of /tv/'s moderation then, not our's
>>
The only real problem that I have had over the years is with threads being deleted for no evident reason. Last month, I made a thread for 101 Dalmatians: The Series that was deleted.

http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/85597834/

There was no porn being posted in that thread. No links to porn. People were being lewd, but /co/ will always have degenerates. People were talking about the show. Clips were being posted.

It seems like, disproportionately, threads about animal characters get purged at a higher rate than threads about human characters, even when those human character threads actually have porn being posted in them. All things being equal, threads of all types should be treated the same.
>>
>>86293403
He has blamed himself for the spam of "THE NUTSSACK" threads in /co/.
>>
>>86293343
I'll back you up. It's funny, years ago when I first started posting here and Twitter was still a minor thing, there was a thread dedicated to a screencap of something a writer said, and one Anon was vehemently against the thread being around and said it had nothing to do with comics discussion. I laughed at them then. I get what they mean now.
>>
>>86293276
I mean, this doesn't quite offer a solution, though.

Because, similar to >>86293105, you're basically just saying, "I want 1-4 failure threads every day to shit up the board and push 1-4 decent threads into the archive. All so that the OP starts out with an interesting premise!"

And there's nothing wrong with generals being of lesser quality than other threads. Because, guess what, you don't have to go into them.

Even if you DO go into a general without having "lurked" through it, you'll rarely -- if ever -- be badgered for not having lurked. They don't give a shit -- that's the case for pretty much every general, even /vg/ stuff. The only person stopping you from entering /gfg/ and having a nice time was YOU.

Generals exist because people want them to. At worst, you simply need to ban bumping. But if a thread goes on for 24 hours, who is that actually hurting? Who is actually worse off for that?
>>
>>86293411
Then cut them off.
If the superhero tv show and movie threads aren't allowed here, like they shouldn't be, those people will be forced to go to /tv/ to discuss it.
>>
File: HOOORR.jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
HOOORR.jpg
60KB, 400x400px
>>86293411
Yes, exactly what I was going for.
>>
What can be done to make threads about live action adaptations of superheroes usable?

I actually want to discus the Luke Cage show. Other anons actually want to discus the Luke Cage show. How can we get the users that have no interest in comics and & cartoons off of this board?

Is there a PRACTICAL REALISTIC rule that can be made to keep /tv/ and /pol/ filth on their boards or is this a case of we're fucked until all of the mods are replaced?
>>
>>86293276
The whole cartoon shit has become garbage even outside of /co/ with discussion YouTube channel that talks about episodes expectations, reviews episodes and then makes episodes theories, you all know what show I'm talking about.
And fandoms are worse than ever, people used to stumble upon /co/ for a variety of reasons and now people come here for the Steven universe fandom or the adventure time fandom to be as cancerous and circle jerky as they have always been.
With regards to people who want board split. I remember a time where this board was only marvel/dc full on 24/7 and that was just as bad, superheroes don't need their own board and that's what you want, you don't want a comics board you want a superhero board and that's just as bad as the other fandoms
>>
>>86293384
So are threads about musical and theater adaptions of /co/ material also /co/?
Because the discussion will most likely not in any form relate to the board.
>>
>>86292633
>stop banning for saying the word "nigger", and generally stop the mods from being so fucking trigger happy with bans
>create a superhero board so superhero fans can talk about both movies and comics without raging autists shitting everything up
>>
>>86293427
what if i want to discuss a movie in the context of the comics?
>>
>>86293149
If people needed to talk about Popeye and Bugs Bunny, they'd do it. The only way a thread dies is if it's users let it die or it hits the bump limit, so if there really were people wanting to talk about that stuff, it wouldn't matter how many other threads were being made.
>>
>>86293410
That's just a meme.
We have no way of knowing if it really is Pan or not, so we just call out all goth/Raven posting as Pan.
>>
File: 1445739545900.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445739545900.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>86292633

Readjust rule 15 So we can post the reaction images

That will destroy barneyfag once and for all

At least try and keep a series from having more then 3 threads at a time

Looking at SU for that

And mods seem to ban people over what a picture looks like from a thumbnail without actually looking at the whole size

Seen plenty of anons banned for porn when they're wasn't any
>>
>>86292633
The board is pretty good. I'd say the only thing that needs work is properly maintaining generals for really popular shows. I'm a regular poster in /sug/ and even I think it's ridiculous to see five SU threads when there's usually an active general at all times. Plus, there was that whole fiasco when the mods blanket deleted SU threads including the general. I know it seems like I'm singling out the SU fans but the same thing happened with Korra and I'm willing to bet something similar will happen in the future.
>>
I'm pretty fine with the board. I just think that the mods should start deleting threads when they start to take over the board. Two or three threads on the same topic is okay, but when a single topic gets a dozen threads over the course of a weekend (*cough* Mystery Girl *cough*), it gets pretty tiring.

>>86292808 or something like it would also be nice,
>>
>>86292633
stop deleting good threads
>>
>>86293440
Then you will likely already be in a comic book thread.
Discussion of these things is not inherently against the rules.
The threads dedicated to movies and tv shows must stop.
>>
>>86293408
No, /co/ is cartoons, try /comic/ instead.
>>
>>86293427
and those threads would be/will be shit. Why do you think people prefer discussing the cape here? Going on /tv/, you'll have a 44% chance of someone posting interracial for no reason, someone spamming kino and so on.
>>
>>86293433

Honestly? I don't see why not. As long as its not constantly discussed 24/7, what's the harm?

Be flexible. Be mature.
>>
>>86293423
Proof?
I blame Enter for that one since he made a video talking about the Nut Shack a few months ago.
>>
File: rivers1.jpg (130KB, 456x570px) Image search: [Google]
rivers1.jpg
130KB, 456x570px
>tfw the only reason why you want live-action discussion on /co/ is because /tv/ is such a wasteland
>>
>>86293373
I actually used to go there all the time when mad men was still running. Used to be okayish if I just evaded the got circlejerk

To be fair, 4chan in general seems to be going heavily into a shitty direction in the last one or two years. Or maybe I'm just growing out of this place after posting here for 9 years ...
>>
File: 1460715227680.jpg (104KB, 400x621px) Image search: [Google]
1460715227680.jpg
104KB, 400x621px
All we need is better janitors. /pol/shit is obvious b8 and should be deleted right away (bans do shit since you can reset your fucking adapter and post the same crap again) but >le master trolles that post b8 do it for replies. What's the point if you are not 'triggering' anons and getting those sweet (You)s? Anyways we have to learn to ignore this type of post.

About tumblr, just ban whiners and people that reply to every single post in a thread, that's what the tumblr bogeyman is about. And again, learn to not engage this type of users.
>>
>>86293430
No, because you dont need to be from /tv/ or /pol/ to post shitty memes like WE WUZ or *smack lips*
>>
File: 1461421986288.jpg (239KB, 1998x1998px) Image search: [Google]
1461421986288.jpg
239KB, 1998x1998px
Mods and janitors should be more lenient with Cheesecake and beefcake threads. Everyone is alot more mellow after checking out some nice titties and abs.
>>
>>86293456
>Going on /tv/, you'll have a 44% chance of someone posting interracial for no reason
And that's a problem that the other board will need to deal with.
We're talking about improving THIS board.
>>
>>86293454
comics have cartoon adaptations.

Both will be discussed in both boards.
>>
>>86293245
Because they're adaptations of /co/ related material. Not everything needs to be taken so literally, you faggot. You don't see /a/ being split into separate boards for anime and manga.
>>
>>86293018
No, you'd have two fast as fuck boards. /co/ currently has EVERY comic book in the existance, every superhero movie, every tumblrtoon, and every Disney movie.
>>
>>86293229
This anon gets it.

It's like those poorly disguised anime threads, everyone knows the racism threads are made to be a hateful little bitch.
>>
Split /co/ related live adaptations onto there own board, it gets rid of/tv/ on here and people who both read and watch the material can discuss it there without having to go to/tv/ and be shit posted to death
>>
>>86293469
>Mods and janitors should be more lenient with Cheesecake and beefcake threads.
No.
We literally have a new board for that.
Go to /aco/.
>>
>>86293471
Improving this board by deleting the threads that actually are good for the board. Is it really worse off than waifuposting, repetition of controversial news threads and generals?
>>
And apparently, the SvFoE threads are complaining about fanfics being deleted?

I don't personally give a shit, but i thought i should mention it
>>
>>86292716
>no adaptations

Fuck off. You can't talk about comic book adaptations in the context of the actual books on /tv/.
>>
>>86293469
GO

TO

>>>/aco/
>>
>>86293472
That is understandable.

Just give me my Simpsons board please.
>>
>>86293487
How about its not porn so fuck off
>>
>>86293494
Greentext or pastebin links?
>>
>>86293487

/aco/ is just western /d/. Too much futa, Diaper and fat threads for my liking.
>>
>>86293492
Threads dedicated to movies and television shows are not good for the board, because they are off topic.

>>86293503
If the point is still to get your dick hard then it still belongs in /aco/.

>>86293511
Take those issues up with that board, its their problem and not this ones.
>>
>>86293511
where is all my sweet vanilla?
>>
>>86293494

Yeah happened with RWBYg, it's apprently off topic, just post your shit on pastebin and don't fight it or you'll end up like RWBYg
>>
>>86292735
>cheesecake goes on the porn board
>waifuposting goes on the porn board

Why don't you try telling that to /a/ and every other board on the site, you ignorant mongoloid?
>>
>>86293511
We need /daco/ for this very reason.
>>
>>86293018
I would rather a slower, on-topic board with a chance of fostering better discussion than a faster schizophrenic one.

>>86293274
Who said shit about American comics? I want to talk about comics as a whole, regardless of country of origin.
>>
>>86293499

No! That's a terrible idea.
>>
>>86293503
western /e/ is that you
>>
>>86293487
>>86293498
THIS!
Come on, it's one thing when you post it in a related thread, but there is no need to make threads about it anymore.
>>
>>86293475
anime overshadows manga , but not as bad as how the cape movies overshadow the original comics, they have their own fanbase, some fans have never even read a single comic in their life, they need their own board
>>
>>86293511
/aco/ should allow loli.
>>
>>86293494

If you are posting them straight into /co/ then fuck right off. But if they are linking to pastebin then it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
We should universally accept that if you come here you come here to discuss.
Wathever the topic may be you come here to both give an opinion and get one
Every time I complain about a show I get sonic tire fanboys willing to deny the ground they are standing on and you can't discuss with them, all they want is to wear you down with endless questions and rebuttals to the point you either leave or they derail what you had to say to the point you can't even talk about it anymore
If you don't come here to discuss and you aren't willing to listen to other opinions then just get a trip and get your randomfriends to also get a trip and ignore everyone without a trip altogether and we can finally call /co/ a failed board and move on
>>
Allow nudity if it is part of the story, like on /a/. If some one is posting outright porn, sure give em a ban/warning. But if someone is story timing and there happens to be a nip slip or something then it is ridiculous to ban them.
>>
>>86293382
If by buzzwords you mean the truth then yes, let's ban people for speaking out against the cancer killing /co/
>>
File: 1365144351465.jpg (11KB, 300x305px) Image search: [Google]
1365144351465.jpg
11KB, 300x305px
>>86293525
even MANGA?
>>
It seems like Hiro finally talked with the mods, this threads hasnt been deleted, which mean we need to get into a decision.
>>
File: vbtnny.jpg (162KB, 1068x841px) Image search: [Google]
vbtnny.jpg
162KB, 1068x841px
>combining anime and cartoons and comics and manga
lmao. /a/ would dismiss it out of hand and Hiro made clear day one /a/ remains at the top of the pyramid. Banish this delusion from your mind.

also it's a fucking stupid idea
>>
>>86293524
Or let western on /d/.
That seems more logical.
>>
>>86293461
I can't wait until we start having GoT talk back threads :^)
>>
>>86293549
This
>>
Ban any and all discussion about podcasts. We all know that this is a sordid meme meant to corrupt /co/mrades with vile podcast culture like Stuff You Should Know and the Giant Beastcast. This isn't "art", and it isn't life! Podcasts are the apartheid of the new millennium. They will tear this board apart if nobody is careful.

We can't let this villainy rampant. It needs to end here, for us and our children.
>>
>>86293526
Why, most people on /co/ hate the show and we fans can't bring up the show with out being picked on.

It's why /mlp/ was made, now it's time for /simp/

>Futurama & Life In Hell are also OK for /simp/
>>
File: Are you.png (89KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Are you.png
89KB, 400x400px
>>86293531
no
>>
>>86293548
Remove /tv/ but what about /co/ video games threads
>>
DO NOT ALLOW GENERALS.

I say this as someone who watches/reads every comic/cartoon that ever had a general

They are the cancer that will kill this board.

I still miss /hsg/ but it's death was for the best
>>
File: 1435195005372.jpg (28KB, 237x414px) Image search: [Google]
1435195005372.jpg
28KB, 237x414px
>>86293539
Yeah, spread the tits rule to all the boards. It's just skin. I mean cleavage is fine but put a dot on both and suddenly it's too much for an 18+ board?
>>
>>86293528
Really though, would a western /e/ work?
>>
>>86293569
Why?
>>
>>86293545
Yes. Because those are comics. That is an indisputable fact.
>>
File: 1448959087820.png (111KB, 316x325px) Image search: [Google]
1448959087820.png
111KB, 316x325px
>>86293425
>there's nothing wrong with generals being of lesser quality than other threads

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT BROWSE /CO/. YOU DON'T SEE YOU ARE THE ISSUE

You can't have been here for more than 2 years at the max
>>
>>86293571
what about allowing vidy gaymes but only if talking about their animated aspects and not gaming aspects?
>>
>>86293549
>>86293561
It would make a great April fools day joke to do it for a day..
>>
>>86293531
THIS, also /h/

Same with shota.
>>86293551
This as well.
>>
>>86293539

Yeah this is true of the nudity is part of the story then don't ban the story teller
>>
>>86293568

Because, like /mlp/, it would dissolve into a cesspool of porn, fetishes, and everything NOT related to the show.
>>
>>86293572
We can't ban generals based on the simple fact that they don't need to call themselves generals to be generals.
A thread titled "Gumball thread" is just as much a general thread than a "Gumball General thread".
You'd literally just be banning the word general from titles.
>>
>>86293539
THIS

Although, if the storytimer gives fair warnings in the both the OP/starting post and spoilers the images, it should probably be fine. Otherwise, if it's literally a surprise, I can understand getting a warning or whatever. This _is_ a blue board.
>>
>>86293503
Nah they need to be banned
You're a fucking picky prudy so you'll make atleast 7 Cheesecake threads if the first 6 contain Steven Universe or characters that aren't goddamn Jessica Rabbit
and you'll screech like a huge autists the whole way through
>>
>>86292740
/co/ is widely regarded as one of the absolute worst boards on the site.

>>86292741
>adaptations board

No. Just leave superhero adaptations on the cape board
>>
>>86293568
The simpsicution is real

>>86293572
The problem is
>Don't allow generals
>okay just have threads then.
>thread discussion doesn't stop, new thread!
>new thread!
>new thread!
>Not a general because we're not calling it a general
>new thread!
>new thre-
>oh what why they delete it, we were discussing in a none general, fucking mods
>>
>>86293588
Fuck off
>>
There is no reason why shit like this should have stayed up as long as it did.

>>86268149

If the mods took a hard stance against /pol/ they would just fuck off back to their own board or go find some other board to shit up.
>>
>>86293578
Do you know why loli is not allowed in the first place?
>>
>>86293600
Agreed, so long as the page is spoiler.

>>86293607
>/co/ is widely regarded as one of the absolute worst boards on the site.
No it isn't.
>>
>>86293549
i´m pretty sure it´s just one guy, that idea is fucking retarded and it would bring more issues rather than offer solutions, everybody would want another split just after being 3 seconds in as much as i wish comics and manga people would get along, it´s impossible, elitism exists and the fanbases have hugely different sizes
>>
>>86293607
Nah you just hate /co/.
>>
>>86293531
I don't really see why it's banned in the first place. You're barring a huge amount of good porn by not allowing loli characters. Tons of people like it, tons of people have said in the past that they want it.
>>
>>86293607

>/co/ is widely regarded as one of the absolute worst boards on the site.

By people who have never been to /b/. Or /tv/.
>>
Stop deleting links to fan fiction. If people want to be faggots in the confines of their own general then let them its not bothering anybody.
>>
File: 1375139538607.gif (780KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1375139538607.gif
780KB, 360x270px
>>86293411
>/tv/ threads about superheroes are shit because /co/ people don't go post in there
Except this is just an example of "no true scotsman", or whatever. PLENTY of /co/ people go into "/tv/ threads". Plenty of comic discussion comes from the live action threads because they're fucking comic adaptions. People get excited over what they adapt, what they do on their own, and what they could do, and it's all related to the source material, and that's what's fun about it. This is like saying that no one discusses the comics when people bring up the animated adaptions. It's just ignorant.
There is NOTHING wrong with the Live Action threads, themselves. Yeah, sure, get mad at the retarded /tv/ posters posting about shit they don't know about, but that's a completely different thing you're complaining about.
Just because you don't have interest in it doesn't mean plenty of people don't, as well. There are plenty of other threads that are way worse and way more detrimental that get a pass, but people seem fixated on focusing on something that can actually be fun to watch and discuss just because a couple of idiots from /tv/ do stupid shit.
If you want to "fix" /co/, fix the moderation, like the OP's fucking discussing. Mods are way too strict on what they delete where before things were lax. You post two characters in skimpy clothing, both from the same cartoon, and if one was "furry" you'd get banned. In a /co/ where you can't post a third of the characters you want to, even if the art is SFW by all means, something's done fucked up. This also goes into how drawfags or writefags can get banned for delivering content. This is dumb when it's fine for /v/. Apparently Star Vs threads, threads that seemingly thrive in writing a whole bunch of shit, can have most of their users banned just for writing a simple greentext. Meanwhile, a stupid thread about "social justice in comics" that completely disbars the "in comics" part halfway through is allowed to reach bump limit.
>>
>>86293588

Vidya threads are rare and usually not filled with shitposting, the last time I remember one being filled with shitposters was the MJ casting fiasco and people shitposting about how the game was gonna have a black MJ another reason /pol/ and /tv/ need to be removed
>>
/co/ is fine. If you consider the shitshow that is /tv/ it's fiiiinnneee. People complaining about specific threads are idiots who don't know how to ignore stuff.
>>
File: 1446031950011.png (238KB, 425x534px) Image search: [Google]
1446031950011.png
238KB, 425x534px
So what happens to non-cape comics when capeshit becomes a separate board?
>>
>>86293629
Fuck off
>>
>>86293629
Or /mu/.
Or /pol/.
>>
>>86293571
>video games
They're animated too.
>>
File: 1439141430385.jpg (36KB, 529x328px) Image search: [Google]
1439141430385.jpg
36KB, 529x328px
>>86293425
>The only person stopping you from entering /gfg/ and having a nice time was YOU.
Oh piss off and stop talking shit. The reason I didn't post in /gfg/ is because the threads themselves were shit and I didn't want to. Plenty of people avoid generals, I'm pretty sure I've bumped into one or two who've told me they avoid /sug/ even despite watching the show.
>1-4 failure threads
More malarkey you've pulled out of your arse. Plenty of shows have threads without a constant general, you don't need a 24/7 thread for the sake of it.

You're not going to understand though, because you have your general, you have your little personal chatroom. You don't want to see what's wrong with it because you post there, how can there be an issue with the threads you're always in?

>you don't have to go into them
Ah yeah, that fixes everything with board quality. Just don't go into the threads you don't like!
>>
>>86293629
No, /co/ is still considered pretty bad. Not AS bad as those, but it's still heavily disliked.
>>
>>86292875
>>86292892
>>86293354
>>86293572
What if, instead of /co/ generals, there were an unaffiliated board of general threads? Just like straight up /gen/, and then, based on relative size and speed of each board, the general threads from every fast board get pushed there?
>>
>>86293640
one will be faster than a speeding bullet, the other one will slow down to the speed of a snail
>>
>>86293631

>its not bothering anybody

This. This is the big thing right here. People need to remember that if something bothers you, ignore it and move on. It'll be gone in a day or two anyway.

Posts are fleeting.
>>
>>86293607

Board splitters should stop trying to push /tv/ cancer onto each other and just agree that adaption that are live action should get there own board
>>
>>86292749
There is literally no reason for comics and cartoons to be tossed together. It is fucking moronic.
>>
>>86293603
I don't even think it should have to be spoilered or there be a warning, sometimes I storytime without rereading it and don't know where the nip slip might be.
>>
>>86293640
According to people who want /cape/, non cape comics will vaguely bounce between several boards. Because that certainly won't kill interest and discussion.
>>
File: 1464899966715.png (17KB, 401x397px) Image search: [Google]
1464899966715.png
17KB, 401x397px
>tfw tumblr is here trying to dictate the future of /co/

You haven't been here nearly long enough. The problems people are having you're oblivious to
>>
>>86293613
Enlighten me.
>>
>>86293652
No, its not.
The only places that /co/ would ever be mentioned are places with a biased opinion about it.
/a/ hates /co/.
/tv/ hates /co/.
And we hate both of them.
>>
No more fucking animus

Also stop deleting LOL threads
>>
>>86293609
We should have a rule that after a show thread reaches like 24 hours of constant threads and I don't mean just one single thread thst moved slowly but either the same thread over and over or 5 threads about the same show everything related to that show gets deleted for a whole day
Honestly /co/ being home of the worst fandoms has ruined it, we need a general anti fandom rule
A great way to get rid of fandoms is fusing generals, literally force two toxic groups of people to coexist or live in perpetual war that way everyone wins
>>
>>86293670
this moot just did that because he´s a weeb and didn´t understood either of them and said "let´s put the westerns shit together, that´ll shut them up"
>>
Math captchas.
Mandatory IQ tests.
>>
>>86293529
Stop being dumb
>>
>>86293601
Unlike furries/bronies, Simpsons fans will stay on topic, they are not wacked out like the bronies.
>>
>>86293682
>we need a general anti fandom rule
Do you people listen to how stupid you sound when you say shit like this?
>>
>>86293674
>"Muh tumblr boogeyman!"

Stop this meme
>>
WEBMS WITH SOUND
>>
>>86292633
im fine with how /co/ is
>>
>>86293639
This.

I don't care for Steven Universe or its fanbase. So I avoid their generals. Is this concept really that fucking hard for some people?
>>
>>86292633
seperate cartoons and comics
>>
>>86293656
/V/ did it and it was shit
Seriously how new are you?
>>
shouldnt the mods stop deleting greens?
>>
>>86293674

Agreed the noobs will ruin /co/
>>
>>86293691

Its cute how optimistic you are, but no. Trust me on this.
>>
>>86293645
Nothing wrong with /mu/. It has the same problems other boards have with some pretentious faggots see: tripfags but overall it's a good place to find new music.
>>
>>86293711
greens?
>>
>>86293674
I've been here since before either /pol/ or Tumblr existed.

Fuck the /pol/ posts, keep them off the board.
It's not about who is right, it's not about "feelings" or being butthurt, it's that they're such a fucking one-track mind. Anything with even a whiff of "diversity" suddenly becomes a topic about racism, political agendas, or SJWs. It's so incredibly tiresome and contributes nothing worthwhile.

If /pol/ wants to enjoy their shitty memes, let them do it on /pol/.
>>
>>86293706

But a show shouldn't have a dozen threads at a time when a new episode airs it should stay in one thread
>>
Let us have WebM with audio.
I have no idea why this wouldn't be allowed on every board.

Also get mods that are aware which threads are clearly bare minimum shitpost spamming ("what did he/she mean by this")
And when a thread is clearly being legit in its discussion (Godzilla threads that get deleted because one too many mentions of the new movie)
>>
Mods need to stop being so uptight about risqué pictures and material. If a picture is blatant explicit porn then I can understand deleting it but a picture of a woman in a suggestive pose or a loli character flashing her panties shouldn't be worth a 3 day global ban.
>>
>>86293702
this to be honest, for a board about moving images and sounds, to only have moving images with no sounds is kinda dumb.
>>
>>86293701
/co/mblr meme exists for a reason, if you've been here long enough you'd realise it.
>>
>>86293601
>dissolve into a cesspool of porn, fetishes, and everything NOT related to the show.
You described every general thread that existed
>>
>>86293722
>Nothing wrong with /mu/.
That's funny and wrong.

>it's a good place to find new music.
See my previous statement.

>>86293735
Agreed.
>>
>>86293696
Fandoms are the things killing this board
I couldn't even complain about Steven universe without getting banned last year
If you want to be a fandom here you are going to have to put up with tons of shit, you aren't allowed to dominate a shows discussion
>>
>>86293710
People were just talking about how /vg/ works. If nothing else, it has accomplished its goals.
>>
>>86293651
>Just don't go into the threads you don't like!

......is this an actual argument you're making? You don't have to open every fucking thread you visit.

And, spoiler alert, just as you can make boards better by posting good content, you can make threads better by posting good content. This has always been the case, and the inclusion of generals hasn't changed this -- at all.

To reiterate:
>The only person stopping you from entering [a genera] and having a nice time was YOU.

There are still too many benefits to having generals, and you and your compatriots only think they're bad because you don't know how to fit in.
>>
>>86293682
People bitching about "Fandoms" is way fucking worst, though. Unless threads explode due to something happening, like whenever Avatar did something big, then I can understand it, but literally nothing is stopping you from just ignoring them. "Oh no, these people are doing something cringeworthy" Just fucking look away and do your own thing. When that happens, it's, again, another fucking problem with moderation.
Every fucking time you people don't realize that you're making things worse when you spotlight the worst out of everything and ignore any possible good you can have. /mlp/ wasn't made just because the fans were crazy, it was made because the "hatedom" grew too fucking prevalent.
>>
>>86293439
>stop banning for saying the word "nigger"
This
>merely quote a song that has the word "nigger" in it
>get banned
I wasn't even saying anything /pol/-related, and that anon walked right into it with his post rhyming with the lines from that song.
>>
>>86293633
>Except this is just an example of "no true scotsman", or whatever. PLENTY of /co/ people go into "/tv/ threads".

I meant people from /co/ going to /tv/ to talk about capemovies, so that those threads stop being about stupid kino/big guy/meme bullshit.

I don't mind live action threads and I participate too sometimes (especially with the netflix shows) but I don't like when our board is spammed with every pointless bullshit possible, from many threads discussing arrow/flash to half the board being spammed by /tv/ tards when some trailer hits up. If this was contained more, I would be okay with it.

/tv/ people wouldn't leak here if we stopped having live action stuff here or at least moderated properly.

> Meanwhile, a stupid thread about "social justice in comics" that completely disbars the "in comics" part halfway through is allowed to reach bump limit.
I agree here, /pol/ shit needs to be gone too.
>>
>>86293508
>Greentext or pastebin links?
They made greentext stories and when those got deleted they moved on to pastebin links but the mods statred deleting those as well.
>>86293521
>>86293533
>post your shit on pastebin
>But if they are linking to pastebin then it shouldn't be a problem.
The Mods are deleting the links to any pastebin posted on the general, regardless if it was a story or not.
>>
>>86293725
/pol/'s a different issue, yeah, they do have a tendency to just shit up things, I won't disagree.

>>86293737
4chan's an imageboard, not a video sharing board
>>
>>86293717
Are the later episodes just that bad? I never found them bad, just slow and dull.
>>
>>86293749
>Fandoms are the things killing this board
No they aren't. Without "fandoms" there would be nobody to have discussions with.
A fandom is nothing more than a gathering of fans.
If you speak to another person who is a fan of the same topic as you, I'm sorry to tell you this but you two make up a fandom.
>>
Ban all /pol/ shit
>muh censorship
>tumblr boogeyman
Fuck off. This is fucking /co/ not /pol/. We're here to discuss fucking cartoons and comics, keep the /pol/ shit to their own fucking board.

Splitting /co/ is a fucking terrible idea.
>>
>>86293746

Pretty much, yeah.

Someone suggesting a board for all generals. That's not a bad idea. /vg/ worked. Worked very well.
>>
>>86293674
Fuck off.
>>
/aco/ needs to stop being western /d/ and better allow storytiming. People get banned for storytiming crossed for being guro, or for posting The Boys because "it should be on /co/, or people are turned away from all the diaper shit.
>>
>>86293735
What do you think will happen if you remove the generals? EVERY little detail will have its own thread
"That statue looked like..."
"lol ____ is cute in this episode"
"if you read the writing on the obilisk the it says..."
"When will _____ stop pushing the ______ agenda"
"PUIREST WAIFU XDD"

a general is literally a place to put the shit you dont want spewing into other threads.
>>
>>86293742
Because anything with a prominent black, female, or gay character is Tumblr now. It's easy to qualify a board as being infested with Tumblr when you see everything as Tumblr.
>>
>>86293725
Tumblr is worse
You can't ban pol without banning tumblr
At least pol doesn't try to bruteforce it's way into ruling the board
>>
>>86293735
This is agree with.
But if the show is popular and it's a season premiere or season finale, the mod should make a sticky for the event. Anything not in that thread gets deleted. After the cluster fuck of the season 1 Korra finale this mistake should never happen again.

>Literally 150 threads in 2 days about the same shit
>Mod did nothing

That was the absolute worst I have ever seen this board in a 24 hour period.
>>
>>86293765
whats wrong with pastebins?
>>
>>86293786
We're discussing /co/. Not /aco/.
>>
Are there any real cons to having a board split?

I'm not necessarily for or against it, but I mean, why not, if it makes people happy?

Just a comics and a cartoons board.

We don't need a super complicated board split either, just a comics board and a cartoons board. The generals can stay on the cartoon board and the cape comics and movies discussion can take place on the comics board.

Honestly, it feels extremely pointless to split /co/ up, but if people are happy and they feel it would improve the overall quality in regards to /co/ then why the fuck not?
>>
>>86293667
No. Just put superhero movies with superhero comics in the superhero board.
>>
>>86293770

Personally, no. But Simpsons fans can be batshit nuuts. A few of them have even been here. Posted their...creations.

A Simpsons board would just be a magnet for them.
>>
>>86292716
>Make a no adaptation rule so cartoons and movies don't ruin the comic book board.
you ruined your own arguement
>>
>>86293722
>Nothing wrong with /mu/
There's plenty of wrong with /mu/.
>good place to find new music
Only in rec/"rate my taste" threads, maybe.
>>
File: 2196297-1320260919697.png (55KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
2196297-1320260919697.png
55KB, 400x400px
1. Remove /tv/ permanently. They have their own board, fucking use it.
2. Ban generals for shows that do not have currently airing episodes. Frankly I'd just ban them entirely.
3. Empower mods and janitors to delete shitty bait threads for /pol/ shitposters.

All of this hinges on moderators who actually fucking do their job of course, so that's obviously most important.
>>
>>86293794
Remember how bad it got with Avatar threads when the original series was airing?
The mods were literally forced to take action.
>>
>>86293640
The non superhero comics will still he on /co/ so it will exactly the same for you
>>
>>86293787
>EVERY little detail will have its own thread

Maybe people shouldn't be dense retards rushing to make threads for every little thought that pops into their heads?
>>
>>86293750
No
/Vg/ is the worst board, go ask katawa shoujo general number4848583937574
Also v is worse because of it since only people interested in shitposting was left
All we need is to ban fandoms
>>
File: 1467289154676.jpg (49KB, 406x381px) Image search: [Google]
1467289154676.jpg
49KB, 406x381px
>>86293790
>At least pol doesn't try to bruteforce it's way into ruling the board

Ah yes, the almost daily false-flag /pol/-bait threads about SJWs ruining those comics that we all love so much is definitely them not trying to bruteforce their way in.
>>
>>86293799

It just kinda leads into more splits down the track. I mean look what happened with /v/. It had to split into 4 different boards.
>>
File: egghead.jpg (25KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
egghead.jpg
25KB, 350x263px
>>86292633
Just /co/ or all the boards?

Honestly as /co/ is concerned I'd just like generals to actually be banned like they're supposed to be. They're a corruption of talkback threads that stifle and stagnate conversation about some of the most popular shows on /co/ because they're usually cesspools of trip and avatarfags and roleplaying and bad fanfiction

Allow talkbacks when a new episode is airing, never generals, and go back to threads actually having a topic beyond "hey this show exists"

If we're talking global moderation, blow up /pol/. Ban everyone with a recent post there, lock the board itself, and put up some joke background and music and mod post.
>>
>>86293742
/co/mblr isn't even a meme. It's a forced gimmick by /pol/acks who get butthurt when nobody wants to listen to their cancer. When we want to we will go to /pol/ but since we're on a comic/cartoon board we want to discuss comics/cartoons.
>>
>>86293639
/co/ is absolute cancer m8
>>
>>86293676
because loli porn is illegal.
>>
>>86293816
That you, Boobanon?
>>
>>86293815
>Only in rec/"rate my taste" threads, maybe.

Well, yes. Where else would you go for that?
>>
>>86292797
It works in the way one show or subject isn't spammed with 6+ threads in one hour.
But it also makes this enclosed fandom that circles in on itself and creates (what may look to the outsider looking in) insane shitposting and disgusting fandoms.
Examples: Pinecest, that weird fang stuff on SUG art, pretty much all of /MLP/
>>
>>86293799
>and movies discussion

Fuck that. Send it to /tv/.
>>
>>86293652
>/co/ is considered shit

/a/ has a superiority complex towards us
/tv/ likes to shit up cape threads and other live action threads
/pol/ sometimes doesn't acknowledge us but will still call us /co/mbler despite them bringing in the unwanted

It's only three boards that outright hate us, 4 if you count /qa/ but they hat everything
>>
>>86293738
Dude I got a ban for posting Nessie (Ballard of Nessie) in a bikini in a summer swimsuit thread a year ago. Mind you Nessie is usually naked and she was wearing more clothes in the pic I posted.

>hurr durr furry stuff
Appeal it.
>She is from a cartoon
>appeal rejected
Wew lad.
Shit like that needs to end. Mod really just bans shit he doesn't like.
>>
So is live action going to be removed or not? I think people who are here for cartoons and comics would unanimously agree it needs to fuck off.
>>
>>86293633
This.
>>
File: 1469590419975.gif (2MB, 390x220px) Image search: [Google]
1469590419975.gif
2MB, 390x220px
>>86293756
Nigger I post in a general or two myself. Don't spout shite, it makes you look stupid. I have posted in /gfg/ too, but found I didn't like it.
I understand the issues with generals though and even the one I post it, I'd be fine with seeing it go, even if I'm constantly on there.

>You don't have to open every fucking thread you visit.
We're talking about board quality. With your mentality, 99% of the board could be absolute shit but it won't matter since there's 1% you like isn't there? It's all fine and dandy. I don't see how you can even be this ignorant. The problem with generals is they don't spur good content, they promote shite so shite is what you'll get.

I really question if I'll ever get through to you, probably not because you don't want to see what's wrong with your threads you oh so love and probably haven't been here long enough to even begin to realise the issue.

There's a bloody reason generals are widely disliked across a vast number of boards and no, it's not because the fanbase annoys us.
>>
>>86293825
>Let's ban people in /co/ for talking about cartoons because I don't like it
This is you right now
>>
>>86293046
I don't think Chinese and Korean comics are allowed on this board.
>>
>>86293758
>Itt fandom tries to defend fandom with just not look excuse
>Every time I try to discuss a show I have to deal with fandom drones effectively co opting the show all together for themselves and all /co/ discussion of it
Every fandom deserves the mlp treatment
>>
Please stop mistaking 4chan with a forum
>>
>making comics a separate board
Cartoons are what keeps this bitch afloat. A separate comic board would move slower than /po/ and be a waste of server resources.
>>
Well so far the most popular opinon we've seen here is to get rid of /tv/which I agree top however as someone that enjoys both comics and adaptations and doesn't want to go to /tv/ would it not be better to put the movies and TV shows onto a separate board? Yes the shitposting will still be there but it would be significantly less then if all discussion was moved to /tv/
>>
>>86293816
>3. Empower mods and janitors to delete shitty bait threads for /pol/ shitposters.

That could be abused very quickly. Everything else I agree with.
>>
>>86293841
No, it's not. And it's particularly not illegal in California, where 4chan's servers are located.
>>
>>86293846
Not the rest of that shit memeboard, that's for sure.
>>
>>86292756
Then /co/ will become patrician land like /lit/
>>
>>86293843
Shhhh.
>>
>>86293639
>/co/ is fine
>consider the shitshow that is /tv/
It's why /tv/ shit needs to be banned from this board, it's only making /co/ worse.
>>
>>86293858
I agree. Live action dedicated threads need to be limited to /tv/.

>>86293866
They may be to similar in nature to manga but that would be something for Hiro to decide.
>>
>>86293886
I've got my pissbottles ready when the time comes.
>>
>>86293886
Good.
>>
Allow /co/'s weekend hunger game threads. it's the only time comic and cartoon posters get along.
>>
>>86293626
>you just hate /co/

Nigger fuck you. I've been coming here for longer than you have.

We just need a superhero board. Loud House Steven Universe can have this trash heap.
>>
>>86293872
That's not how server resources work
>>
>>86293822
if only anon, if only.
>>
>>86293103
That's exactly what a general is. It's just that those threads don't specifically say general.
>>
File: 1451005060681.png (107KB, 272x207px) Image search: [Google]
1451005060681.png
107KB, 272x207px
>>86292749
>Focus on the shitty moderation
Please do this. Stop all the infighting and throw hotpockets some shit. He's getting a free pass here
>>
>>86293841
Not in Burgerland.
>>
File: 218.png (34KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
218.png
34KB, 300x100px
>>86293799
>if it makes people happy?
Because it doesn't.
Literally every person suggesting this either: wants to see things get fucked over for everyone else; wants to be there for the creation of a board so they can feel special about themselves; are so self-concerned with their own interests that they don't get that there is plenty of crossover between the people browsing and the subject matters, themselves, and it's worked for fucking years.
You say we don't need a "super complicated board split" but we don't need a split at all. No one is happy about it, and the only reason why people keep bringing it up is because people think Hiro might be stupid enough to do it.
>>
Encourage generals and crack down on people who leave their general quarantine. Be extremely lenient on what people are allowed to post in their show's general. There all the bad shit is quarantined away and everything is fine as long as you delete and ban spillage.
>>
Threads almost done, so yeah. Sum up:

/co/ is fine.
Learn to ignore what you don't like and remember it'll be gone in a day anyway. That goes for you too, Janitors.
If a General looks like it'll last longer than a few months, consider moving it to another board.
Live action adaptations have a good reason to be here.

Toodles.
>>
>>86293796
>whats wrong with pastebins?
I honestly don't know, there's a bunch of writers on those Star generals that would write all kinds of stories until mods started deleting greens on the general and once they made Pastebins to keep all the stories in one place the mods seemed to just decide to delete those too without explanation.
Then the writers moved to another site where the stories would be collected by links but then the mods started deleting links to said site.
It's gotton to the point that, even posting something that has multiple greentexts lines in it, regardless if it's a story or not, will get it deleted very quickly.
>>
>>86293816
>Ban generals for shows that do not have currently airing episodes.
I'd rather Steven Universe be contained in one fucking thread. I say ban posters who post anything related to that show outside of the fucking general.
>>
>>86293611
>stance against /pol/

You people see everything as /pol/, and the trigger-happy mods do too.
>>
>>86293872
Maybe some actual discussion would occur when threads aren't getting drowned out by cartoon and live action threads.
>>
>>86293816
>Frankly I'd just ban them entirely.
That's a terrible idea, then you'd have useless threads being made constantly because people want to discuss the comics/shows. The point of generals is so that doesn't happen.
>>
delete >why aren't the Simpsons good anymore threads
>>
>>86293799
My problem with this is that it seems BOTH sides don't want /tv/ shit and board splitters just seem to want to push /tv/ onto each other instead of just getting rid of it all together
>>
>>86293737
Let me explain you quickly why there's no audio in WebMs.

The problem is that, outside the issue with jumpscares and webms that could actually have law-breaking elements (yes, that includes copyrights), people underestimate how shitty /v/ can go, and since we have to forcefully live with those damn faggots who actually had a thread filled with actual CP before the mods acted, then yeah...

webms aren't happening for a while.
>>
>>86293919
>Live action adaptations have a good reason to be here.
No they don't.
You literally didn't give a single good reason.
>>
>>86292633
WHO´S IN FAVOR TO REMOVE /tv/ ? IF YOU ARE REPLY
>>
Delete anime and manga
Jesus Christ this board already has so much overlap, why do you people need to bring in /a/ shit too
>>
File: 0805_-_Z3cDSVP.png (40KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
0805_-_Z3cDSVP.png
40KB, 255x200px
>>86293886
/lit/ is shit in its own way anyway. It's annoying how there's so few people in that board who actually read any books other than the "essentials" or failed philosophy majors with their spook meme
>>
File: 1473121529055.jpg (97KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473121529055.jpg
97KB, 720x960px
Too many mods are bias. I often get in trouble just for saying I don't like X or Y, and they pander to exclusive fan bases.
>>
>>86293809
If you are talking about that Asian baby man then you should know that he has not been on here for months.

Relax.
>>
File: dancing sandwich.gif (25KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
dancing sandwich.gif
25KB, 375x375px
Everything right now seems okay to me.
>>
>>86293857

Yeah I got a reaction image deleted last night from the drawthread

You know the one where white anon has binoculars and is staring at his monitor and you can see duck has binoculars too

That got deleted
>>
>>86293919
Shut the fuck up Boco.
>>
>>86293762
>song that has nigger

Pretty sure there aren't many that do this. The word you are searching for is nigga. There is a difference. Btw, rules do say that racism is not allowed outside of /b/. It's just one of those rules that is rarely enforced.
>>
>>86293887
>you're against live action adaptations

I LOVED YOU! IT WASNT SUPPOSED TO BE THIS WAY!
>>
>>86293904
It's exactly how it works. It's a waste of memory keeping the html code for the stupid comics board and the one or two threads it would get biweekly. Server resources include inventory, not just the capacity with which to serve, you comp sci wannabe.
>>
Ban all adaptations all together. Cape comics can stay because, well, it's still a fucking comic. But when we have multiple threads about their movie counterparts then it's time to give that shit the boot. /lit/ doesn't have to deal with countless adaptation threads, why the hell should we?
>>
>>86293790
>Tumblr is worse

Is it fucking really?
We don't have actual fucking SJWs here.
Nobody is storming into threads with random white leads and seriously talking about how "problematic" they are, about "white privilege", or "how straight, cis people are the scourge of society". The actual cancerous parts of Tumblr are still safely tucked away in fucking Tumblr.

If there were legitimately a problem where people were forcing threads into topics about SJW agendas, I'd call for their banning too. However, people call /co/ Tumblr because "some comics have black people", or "hey, it's a gay character". Just fucking having characters isn't falling into fucking step with SJW dogma.

On the reverse, there are CONSTANTLY /pol/ fucks steering conversation away from actual comics and cartoons into their political bullshit. You can't talk about some topics without the thread immediately derailing into the same /pol/ nonsense they've already vomited up the last twenty times the topic came up.
>>
>>86293927
This honestly, I feel liked comics and cartoons should have their own separate boards. They're very different and I feel like people would be happier if they were separated.
>>
>>86293919
Hey, I remember a rule enforcement that improved the board.
Ban tripfaggots and namefaggots.
>>
>>86293937

I don't know if this is just me or not. but I spend a fair bit of time on /wsg/ and I've only ever encounter like 3 jumpscare webms on there and people are pretty quick to point them out anyway.
>>
File: 1442412839561.jpg (100KB, 854x640px) Image search: [Google]
1442412839561.jpg
100KB, 854x640px
ban every company war faggot on sight.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 948x669px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 948x669px
>>86293738
>tfw got a 6 day ban for posting THICC in the Toonami General thread
>Toonami General Thread is already incredibly off-topic anyway
>try to appeal it
>denied

Is the appeal system just some sort of joke where Jannies, mods and Moot/Hiro come together and laugh at people desperately trying to appeal bans
>>
>>86292797
>do generals work
Generals:
-Keep discussion about a show at the lowest possible level, prioritizing keeping the thread alive for no reason over having a thread that is high-quality
-Do not serve the function they originally served (when they were called talkbacks). Originally when a new episode of a popular show was airing that day would have discussion limited to the talkback thread to prevent people making 20 different threads as the episode aired.
-Actively prevent a large portion of users from talking about popular shows due to the kind of tweenage fucktard that wants a traditional forum experience out of 4chan that populates generals

They are a fucking plague on /co/ and every day they remain the basic premise of a futaba board (threads have specific topics, people will reply if it's interesting, if it's not it gets bumped off the board) continues to slip away.
>>
>>86292741
>putting the /tv/ shit in with cartoons
god pls no. If they're adaptations of comics they would go in with the comics
>>
>>86293708
i will never get why this is in demand, ive been on co forever and its pretty well balanced with the two, and if you want more of the other you just post it

as for /tv/ stuff, they are based off comics, wtf is the damage
>>
>>86293966
I don't hate them, they just don't belong here. Television & Film have their own board, use it. That or get a new one.
>>
>>86293786
Seriously just go to /trash/.
It is what /aco/ should have been.

>/aco/ was a mistake
>>
Live action adaptations are fine as long as they're /co/ related
/co/ should stay one board
/cog/ is a bad idea
Most people in this thread are like "ban stuff I don't like"
>>
>>86293984
Toonami threads shouldn't be allowed here anyway.
Anime does not belong on /co/.
>>
>>86293937
>we shouldn't have sound because another board had cp

You are fucking retarded.
>>
>>86293983
Mad DCuck detected
I'm messing, I'm messing, calm your tits
>>
>>86293942
I REPLY
>>
File: Go Away.jpg (65KB, 445x488px) Image search: [Google]
Go Away.jpg
65KB, 445x488px
I was hoping we were just going to ignore this shit. It's just /pol/tards bitching on /qa/ about how they can't shitpost everywhere, and Hiro barely understands what's going on. There's no reason to acknowledge there stupidity, and its only going to hurt the board.
>>
Some-one make a new thread with a Poll about this shit, have a mod Sticky it and lets get stuff decided.

but that will never happen because /co/ never gets shit done.
>>
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Happy-12[1].jpg (93KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Happy-12[1].jpg
93KB, 800x800px
>>86293970
no but we're not /pol/ we're just making jokes ;_;
uh alt-right was a label clinton invented last week it's not real IT'S NOT REAL
>tfw people don't laugh at your memes
REEEEE build wall
>>
>>86293864
No
I want to ban people who obsessively post about the same show every single day even when there are no new episodes being made and actively look for fan art and fan content to talk about instead to keep it rolling
I can't talk about Steven universe or adventure time without drones spamming me with bullshit tactics to shut me up
They think they own show discussion here by virtue of obsessively talking about the show
They don't
Let's shoe them so
>>
>>86293919
>Live action adaptations have a good reason to be here.
Kill yourself. If the /tv/ shit stays I'm going to go on /tv/ every single fucking time there's an adaptation book and shitpost about creative teams and lore/continuity errors.
>>
>>86293830
I don't think that the same case would necessarily happen to /co/.

>>86293854
If the cartoons and comics board were to be split, it would be split into two, rather slow boards. Film and television adaptations can share a board with the rest of the comics without it clogging the entire board and it being a huge issue, so long as there is competent moderation.
>>
>>86294000
>Live action adaptations are fine as long as they're /co/ related
Live action threads are by definition NOT /co/ related.
/co/ is for the discussion of comics and cartoons.
>>
>>86293988
Wow you're retarded
>>
File: 1464529256280.jpg (29KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1464529256280.jpg
29KB, 255x255px
>>86292959
This
Why do you think the board was so obsessed with finding the next mlp?
They didn't leave when /mlp/ was made they changed tactics.
get rid of live action they will find something else
>>
>>86293942
I reply, fuck /tv/. Give them a separate board like /mlp/.
>>
>>86294026
And you're part of the problem
>>
>>86293970
Huh?
>>
>>86294010
>there stupidity
>>
>>86292633
Threads talking about anything social justice related need to be deleted with the quickness when things go south. In the last two years of posting here, I've never seen a single constructive discussion on race or gender without "HURR DURR TUMBLR" being 85% of the posts, the other 15% being "FUCK OFF /pol/".

This shit then seeps into other threads and throws just about every conversation off track. Crack down on this and /co/ will be a LOT better.
>>
ban faggot dab threads and everyone that posts pictures in them
>>
>>86294017
>I want to ban people who obsessively post about the same show every single day even when there are no new episodes
The general gets banned when it's on hiatus already, what more do you want? This is a board where you can discuss cartoons, let people do that if they want to as long as they stay in their general. Nobody is forcing you to go in there.
>>
File: don't really want this.png (289KB, 1217x1601px) Image search: [Google]
don't really want this.png
289KB, 1217x1601px
>>86294010
>I was hoping we were just going to ignore this shit.
Except we can't cause there's always the 'slight' possibility that their voices will be heard and we just get fucked over. Also, it's /co/, we just keep falling for the same bait.
>>
>>86294021

And in a week they'll be gone. Calm your tits. (Er, no offense Boobanon.)

Okay, now I'm done. I need a drink.
>>
as long as general cancer is done i am fine
>>
>>86293826
How about actual tumblr mods than ban me for no reason at all?
>>
File: 574.gif (2MB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
574.gif
2MB, 700x600px
>>86293980
this

wsg is a pretty good board

webms with sound on /co/ would bring a bit more to the cartoons side and maybe comics as well
>>
>>86293970

Ah anon I've seen it happen in different threads repeatedly
>>
>>86293988
moot really never should've allowed generals to establish on 4chan. When they started cropping up he should've just banned them like he said he wanted to.
>>
>>86294039
It's a discussion on Tumblr and /pol/ as corruptive influences on /co/, rather than the actual site or board respectively.
>>
>>86294010
>blaming everything on the /pol/ boogeyman

THAT DOESNT EVEN MAKE SENSE

WHAT IN THE FUCK DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH /POL/

/pol/ is LITERALLY a trigger word for you people to shut everything you dislike down at this point.

THIS is why /co/ is utter shit
>>86294009
>>
>>86292633
Let nudity be handled like /a/
>>
>>86294016
Huh?
>>
>>86294012
/co/ constantly gets shit done. We have a whole booru and wiki of shit getting done.
>>
/cba/-Comic Book Adaptation. Make it fucking happen.
>>
>>86294026
>mad because you know he's right
>>
>>86293304
I think /pol/ suits your taste better.
>>
We have /aco/ but nothing has changed here. Either /aco/ was a mistake and should be deleted or mods should remove posts that belong in /aco/ by people too lazy to post over there.

Remove general threads, they don't contain a goddamn thing.

Keep /pol/ in /pol/

Korra and Gravity Falls shitposting circlejerking needs to stop. I don't even like the shows and think they're both overrated, but when a show gets to the point where you can't discuss it and every thread devolves into the same shit several times a day then you got a problem.

There's those idiots who see one thread idea and repeat it over and over and over again

"Why doesn't Batman rape the Joker"
"Now that the dust has settled"
"Can we all agree that"
Really terrible filename threads with all unfunny reposts.
Post reaction faces to show how you're feeling for a fucking pity party about how everyone's life sucks and is terrible

The quality of discussion for both comics and cartoons just isn't much. If there's a better place to talk about comics and cartoons, let me know. I come here mostly for the storytimes.

And for whatever reason /co/ isn't funny anymore. There's that guy that does the Fantastic Four cartoon threads on Saturday and a few other things. Do people no longer try to entertain each other here?
>>
>>86294059
There is literally nothing wrong with generals.
>>
>>86294065
And "tumblr" is literally a trigger word for people on /co/ to shut down everything they dislike.

Same shit.
>>
File: 1473772696004.png (1MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1473772696004.png
1MB, 1600x1600px
Okay what about this.

Ban generals but limit the number an specific series/cartoon/movie can have.
Eg, you can no more than 3 threads about SU and plus one when an episode is airing for streams and all that.

When news about X thing comes out (specially regarding the comicbook industry) only one thread about it is allowed.

You can't have MCU/DCEU threads unless you have a good damn reason to have them (trailers, news, castings)

All movie releases should be stickied. And not only when they release in the US because people will talk about leaks, so as soon as they hit the theatres sticky that shit.

Let the spergs have their waifus, gays, breakfast threads ONLY on weekends. Clearly outright banning this types of threads reduce the traffic of the site and that's what An Hiro doesn't want.
>>
>>86293970
This.

It wouldn't even be so bad if it ever seemed like /pol/ posters were engaging in the threads in a normal way; I can recognize social issues as a worthwhile topic on occasion, it's interesting enough. But it's all they ever talk about. All they ever try to direct a thread towards, and the moment you step out of their line of thought there's no more talking, only spamming 2 cents to account and KANGS.
>>
File: 2580349-1760582079-WW-Li[2].jpg (29KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
2580349-1760582079-WW-Li[2].jpg
29KB, 328x277px
>>86294039
>>86294067
>/pol/ thinking it can act oblivious by making a shitpost response to every post about it
Your transparency is as pathetic as your memes are old.
>>
Make

/cog/

Cartoons and comics general
>>
>>86294021
Fuck off retard.

Surprise surprise: superhero fans want to talk about superheros. Who would have fucking guessed?
>>
File: 1429467753163.jpg (69KB, 626x460px) Image search: [Google]
1429467753163.jpg
69KB, 626x460px
>>86293980
Yeah, but that's in /wsg/, aka a not-so-known board.

If you made it global, believe me, trolls, shitposters, bitches and whore will have a blast with that shit, and since the moderation team is SO good that they allow plenty of stupid shit here, you can believe me that day will become the most terrible day on 4chan.

And I'm not even scared of some shitty jumpscare, I'm scared that mods and janitors, being so selective in what they eliminate and what not, even if there's actual breaking of the rules of each board, won't be able to actually do shit for this board, which correlates to the quality of generals worsening when there's no mods, /tv/ and /v/ shitposting in /co/ movies threads, actual off topic threads staying in the board, while actual on topic threads get deleted for no reason, and barneyfaggot being allowed to fester here in /co/.
>>
>>86294066
No. that missed the whole point of a sfw board.

/a/ only has it because they are too afraid to banish it to /e/ where it belongs.
>>
>>86294055
>Le tumblr boogeyman

Just stay on topic here and keep your politics in your containment board and then everything will be ok.
>>
>>86294048
They just move to trash
I want them banned from the site
Why the fuck are there still Steven universe threads, let's ban discussion of airing shows all together unless it's the previous day of a new episode. The day of a new episode or the following day of a new episode
Literally killing fandoms and generals with a single strike
>>
>>86294084
That sounds like it would be extremely difficult to moderate properly.
>>
>>86293737
Why do people care about jumpscare webms, anyway?
Unless they're very loud screamers, they're pretty funny.
>>
Everyone needs to be less anal with rules and this shit over movie adaptations. Just crack down on /pol/ shit and inflammatory threads and we'll be mostly good.
>>
>>86294062
Huh?
>>
>>86294084
No. All of that is shit. More moderation just for the sake of moderation is NEVER a good thing.

Just make a superhero board and leave everything the same, and everything will be good.
>>
Any suggestion to ban discussion of a cartoon on the cartoons image board is a bad suggestion.
>>
>>86294023
>competent moderation

There's the problem

That's why the split would probably be better than trying to train smart janitors
>>
>>86292633
1. Get rid of the mods. They're all sjws and care more about their political agendas than they do the rules. I got banned recently for reporting a black nationalist thread on a non-/pol/ board.

2. Ban all sjw content.

3. KEEP /pol/ IN /pol/ REGARDLESS OF POLITICAL ALIGNMENT/POSITION/OPINION.

4. GET RID OF FLAGS AND IDs ON ALL BOARDS.

5. CHANGE /asp/ BACK TO A ALTENATIVE SPORTS BOARD AND MAKE /pro/ FOR WRESTLING.

6. DELETE /wsg/ IT'S A FUCKING WASTE.

7. ALLOW GEN 7 ON /vr/ AND CHANGE THE NAME OF THE BOARD TO /vc/ FOR "CLASSIC GAMING".

8. Ban complaining about "le e-celebs".

9. No board split on ANY board.

10. NO KEK FAGGOTRY OR INTERRACIAL THREADS ON ANY BOARDS INCLUDING /pol/.

11. ALL GAY CONTENT GOES ON /hm/ OR /lgbt/ WITHOUT EXCEPTION. THIS INCLUDES TRAP THREADS AND TRANNIE FAGGOTRY. PORN OR OTHERWISE, DOESN'T MATTER.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL

BRING BACK BOARD CULTURE (INCLUDING THINGS LIKE ALLOWING ALL DISCUSSION OF GAMERGATE ON /v/ AS LONG AS IT STAYS ON TOPIC ABOUT GAMING JOURNALISM AND DOESN'T BECOME A POLITICAL DISCUSSION [WHICH WOULD GO ON /pol/ INSTEAD]).
>>
>>86293967
the inventory would stay the same as before. 4chan is dynamic like reddit but with only admis allowed to create boards. That's why there's all those 4chan clones where you can create and administer your own board, because it's easy as shit and doesn't take any significant resources
>>
>>86294111
Some dumbass excuse moot gave.
>>
>>86294105
If they want to move to trash it has no effect on you at all.
4chan is not your website to talk only about things you like when you like.
>>
>>86294088
Are you acussing me of mindlessly brushing off different opinions than mine without consideration?
You better have proof that was my intention
>>
>>86294105
I'm sorry cartoons murdered your firstborn child, but that's no reason to ban the discussion of them.
>>
>>86294098

I suppose you're right. I didn't really consider moderation into the whole idea. /wsg/ for the most part has good moderators and folk who can tell what's what.
>>
>>86294096
Superhero is a fucking genre. Comics are a medium. You don't see me going on /a/ about every time there's a video game with a ninja in it because there's a lot of animes with ninjas in it.
>>
>>86294058
Then ban the fucks too. Like I said, the problem is people wanting to push their shitty agenda, regardless of which fucking shitty agenda it is, rather than discuss the content of the comics or cartoons themselves.

Let's take a random example.
Say we have a thread about Miles Morales.
Should we talk about what happened in the comic? Yes.
Should we talk about Miles' character traits and interactions with other character? Sure.
Should we talk about what might happen and speculate on upcoming events? I don't see why not.

Should we talk about how much crime those black folk do? No.
Should we talk about how all the white people are getting erased and you're next? No.
Should we talk about how funny watermelons and fried chicken are? Unless he ate some in the comic, no.

If someone comes in and starts talking about how it's so good they got rid of that white racist cisbigot Peter, fuck them too. The point is, neither agenda is /co/ related on-topic discussion and it should get the fuck out.
>>
>>86294133
>bring back gamergate
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>86294071
>fan art counts as getting shit done
i guess? but i've yet to see a successful comic, cartoon, or heck, even partially popular Webcomic come out of /co/.
boards like /tg/ make entire game systems (and one book), Even /v/ has had more success with producing stuff than /co/ has, and its harder to make a game than a comic.
>>
>>86294075
Fucking this
>>
>>86294133
Hello there /v/ cross-poster, how are you doing this fine day?
>>
>>86294117
Also play more attention to /vp/.
It takes 1 to 3 hours to get porn deleted.
>>
>>86294080
There is everything wrong with generals, which is why moot was forced to segregate /v/ into /v/ and /vg/.

The only reason he made /vg/ instead of banning generals is because his mods are lazy cunts and he feared having to deal with even the slightest bit of pushback from angry faggots in the form of DDOS or bot shitposting
>>
Reintegration of /mlp/.
We need to stop separating boards. The more of a clusterfuck this place becomes the less we have to deal with influxes of newcomers from other websites coming here and memeforcing, shitposting etc.
We have to turn into 2004-06 Era 4chan.

Some of you won't like it, but it's better than the alternative.
>>
>>86294139
It has an effect on me because they come back as soon as they valet just move them to trash and secretly never allow them here against was trash's purpose all along
>>
File: 5222440108490.jpg (23KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
5222440108490.jpg
23KB, 500x327px
Anyone notice we as a majority were fine with /tv/ threads till this past year?
What happen?
>>
>The number of genuine SJW posts I've seen in the last month I can count on one hand

>The number of threads destroyed by /pol/ + /tv/ on the frontpage last night I can count on one hand

This is treated as some kind of equal threat? Nobody is arguing that SJWs are destroying this board but the posters who are actually destroying this board to throw the spotlight off of themseleves.
>>
File: 1466797492837.png (272KB, 490x339px) Image search: [Google]
1466797492837.png
272KB, 490x339px
Seems like the most popular requests are remove /tv/ threads and do something about generals.
>>
>>86294117
Except /co/ mods by and large "crack down on /pol/ shit" harder than any other board. No other board bans for saying "nigger."

If you want to "crack down" on anybody saying anything anti-SJW (which they already do,) fine, but I would also hope that all of the "rape culture" "inclusion" tumblrposting gets banned as well.
>>
>>86292633
Ban gay threads.

Most tumblrs SJW here are from their fat fujoshits and queershits.
>>
>>86293942
This.
>>
>>86294181
In that case, Hiro hear our prayers.
>>
>>86294133
>. Ban complaining about "le e-celebs".
only if we get a place to talk about it.
/ec/ when?

>No board split on ANY board.
you can't be this delusional.
>>
>>86294144
I'm not banning the discussion of shows I'm regulating it
There is no reason to talk about airing cartoons beyond discussing the last or new episodes
That has always been /co/s greatest problem
>>
>>86293942
/tv/ needs to fuck off.
>>
>>86294133
Ban this faggot instead.

Nobody cares about /v/, /asp/ or whatever the fuck board you come from, this thread is strictly about /co/.
>>
>>86294177
the increase in super hero movies created in influx of low quality posting from new users and users from other boards.
>>
File: 6ee.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
6ee.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>86294158
>>
>>86294173
>We have to turn into 2004-06 Era 4chan.
Merging with /mlp/ will not help.
>>
>>86293942

yes
>>
>>86294177
There are more tv shows and movies about comics book characters than last year.
>>
>>86294133
This.

People have it in their heads that /pol/ is just right wing shit. It's not. ALL politics go there.

Shit like Rucka and and Cho's beef or Marvel's character racelifts are very much /co/ related, though, and banning them is fucking retarded. It's literally trying to prevent people from having opinions.
>>
>>86294158
that's just one example

the point is to bring back board culture in general so that the users have more power than the sjw mods
>>
>>86293942
Yes, if you mean remove /tv/ content from /co/.
>>
>>86294177
BvS and Civil War releasing so close to eachother happened. The fact that one was well received and the other was not broke the board and let loose cancerous console wars.
>>
>>86294173
we should go back to the old school, but /mlp/ needs to be segregated
>>
>>86294187
>"rape culture" "inclusion" tumblrposting

Literally non of that happens here.
>>
File: cant-out-gun-the-washington.png (85KB, 600x540px) Image search: [Google]
cant-out-gun-the-washington.png
85KB, 600x540px
>>86293970
I'm a genuine actual /pol/tard who went to 3 trump rallies so far and even I'm pissed off about retards coming here and shitposting

It's not even funny /co/-related stuff like redpilled webcomics, it's just a bunch of retarded kids whining about nigger mary jane or other stupid things.

They sound more like reddit cuck "nice guys" complaining about women than actually stormfaggots.
>>
>>86294155
You know what you do see? The Mecha genre going on the Mecha board (/m/).

A superhero board is exactly the same as /m/.
>>
>>86294199
So this is only for cartoons.
Talking about comics past their print date is fine.
Talking about comics that haven't run in ages is fine.
>>
>>86294188
This, Ban gay threads.
>>
>Remove /tv/
>Make /cba/ or adaptations.
>No political discussions in general (this includes both 'le fuck Hilary' and 'le fuck Trump' threads). We don't want either of your faggots here.
>New moderation, we can't be critical anymore without getting 404'd.
>Catalog mods by usernames. Every time we are banned we see the username and if we find that a mod is abusing power we can vote to remove his/her status.
>>
I never really see "SJW" here, in fact the most SJW I've seen from people on here are trolls or people that want diversity in comics and cartoons but unhappy on the way it's being currently handled
>>
Wtf?
I just realized I hate all of you
>>
>>86294177
/tv/ casuals like >>86294236 happened.
>>
You cannot ban /tv/ content from here because too many IPs are cross media nowadays.

Superman and Batman and Aladdin and Donald Duck and tons of other properties have a movie, a tv show, a cartoon, a comic, and a video game just from the top of my head. So are we only allowed to discuss the comics and the cartoons then, not the movie or the game? They are all primarily comics and/or cartoons first and foremost, so they ARE related to this board.

Also, you cannot ban Generals because then we will have 20 topics of the current popular episode of a cartoon. Korra had pages worth of threads every time a new ep came out. It is better to have those limited into generals, than to have dozens of threads simultaneously. With a general thread, you can just put it on the ignore list.
Or even better, have a /cog/ for comics & cartoons general threads.

I don't see why people hate capeshit either, it makes up for half the content this board is discussing. Making a separate board for that would be a case of "stop liking what I don't like" - a safe haven for idiots who like comics but dislike what comics are primarily about. It's like trying to split the moe content from the anime board, or splitting /h/ to vanilla and tentacle.
>>
>>86294188
Ban cheesecake and waifu threads too then.

Hell, ban all fetishit posting, they're all cancerous circlejerk threads.
>>
>>86294181
>remove /tv/

There is literally no /tv/ on /co/
>>
>>86294196
Maybe someone else could correct me, but I really don't think there is any downside to splitting some boards. I feel like comics and cartoons could definitely be separated, they aren't that similar.
I wouldn't mind an /ec/ board either.
>>
File: 1444084925348.jpg (630KB, 1280x1408px) Image search: [Google]
1444084925348.jpg
630KB, 1280x1408px
>>86294159
I still count Lovely Ladybug as being fairly successful, or at least "getting something done".
>it's at this point I out myself as being a waifufag
But, being serious, yeah, not really popular, and not even that consistently put out.
If we count fan content, so much stuff gets generated from here, and it's all wild and fun and crazy, but collaborating to get stuff done is generally something that only gets seen by specific groups, like fan games for one show, or a fan comic for one show.
>>
>>86294270
>You cannot ban /tv/ content from here
Yes, you can. By creating a new board.
>>
>>86294271
No, it is just gay threads that bring the worst kind of newfag here.
>>
File: 1462106554426.png (406KB, 636x935px) Image search: [Google]
1462106554426.png
406KB, 636x935px
>>86294261
E..even me?
>>
>>86294273
Yeah, there are some subjects that cause spilling no matter what.

Remember the Attack on titan Marvel crossover?
>>
>>86294227
The problem is that there's no actual discussion about this shit it's all just "TUMBLR STRIKES AGAIN!" "MARVEL IS FINISHED!!!!" "HOW CAN DC COMPETE?"
>>
>>86294270
This.

As a superhero fan this is why I want a Superhero board. Video games, comics, cartoons, movies, and even toys could all go there and be discussed by fans of those characters.

It's not like you can have a meaningful discussion about the history of characters in Marvel Future Fight on /v/.
>>
>>86294292

Gay threads are waifu threads with fags. Both are as bad, and if you hate one you'd be an hypocrite to not agree and have both banned.
>>
>>86294270
>You cannot ban /tv/ content from here because too many IPs are cross media nowadays.
You don't ban the IPs, you ban topics dedicated to the wrong medium.
How fucking hard is it to understand the difference between comics book and cartoons beside movies and television shows?
>>
>>86294216
It will help. The less divided up shit is around here, the easier it is to direct the board and site culture. Having little neighborhoods for every little thing creates divisive cultures and can open up avenues for cancerous shit to leech across the website. /mlp/ is only as big as it is now because we gave it it's own board. If we dealt with it and kept a leash on it instead of letting it ferment in a corner by itself, we wouldn't have the Brony culture shit. That's literally our fault.

Same with /pol/, /his/ and any other splits we create on this website. We divide up populations we are basically leaving shit rotting in a corner and on top of that, making it more accessible for newcomers to come here and shitpost since they just look up their board or general of choice and get used to that generals culture but never the websites culture.
>>
>>86294272
>There is literally no /tv/ on /co/

Are you autistic
>>
>>86293917
Fuck off. I want a split because I only come here to discuss comics. And not just MUH CAPESHIT, I want to talk about comics from every publisher, era, country and creator. There are literally hundreds of new comics out every month, there is more than enough to discuss.

That I have to sift through endless threads about a COMPLETELY FUCKING DIFFERENT MEDIUM to find the comics threads is absolutely ridiculous, no other board would put up with it.
>>
File: 1458928602509.jpg (1MB, 4601x2365px) Image search: [Google]
1458928602509.jpg
1MB, 4601x2365px
>>86294203
>>86294226
Incorrect we have 3 less then 2014
This year was about average
>>86294236
This is the truth of it
Two very similar plotted films released and one was curbed stomped while the other was just another Friday at Marvel/Disney.

This made great shitposting power.
>>
>>86294322
If /mlp/ where to be merged it would have to be strictly moderated.
They wouldn't be allowed out of their own thread.
Do you think all of /mlp/ would stay in a single thread?
>>
>>86294270
Yes you can, we have /cba/ for comic book adaptations. If you want to talk about an adaptation go to there.
>>
>>86294312
>As a superhero fan
lol
>>
>>86294272
That's a big claim.
>>
>>86294354
For you
>>
>>86294133
>11. ALL GAY CONTENT GOES ON /hm/ OR /lgbt/ WITHOUT EXCEPTION. THIS INCLUDES TRAP THREADS AND TRANNIE FAGGOTRY. PORN OR OTHERWISE, DOESN'T MATTER
This is actually a good idea. The Drawthreads here are spammed with constant trap requests.
>>
>>86294354
>>86294361
If we remove /tv/ would it hurt?
>>
>>86293863
I love how you keep going to "omg your so new kid~~" as your argument, even though I've said nothing as to how long I've browsed 4chan.

I've been here since 2008. I've seen many boards on 4chan, with and without generals, and the ones that have changed for the worst have exclusively been anti-general. From *my* perspective, I can't understand how you'd be OK with the culture of single general largely and widely affecting an entire board -- because that's what will happen. Instead of whatever memes or whatever sticking to your general, they'd be fucking everywhere.

I don't even fucking BROWSE any generals, besides the Win'-O, if that even counts. And I'm fucking defending them because my experience on the board is so nice. All due to generals being contained -- all due to not having to deal with 20 threads about Gravity Fall, Star, /sug/, or whatever-fucking-cartoon.

To drive this point clear and make it more clear:

Just because you're having a bad time doesn't mean you should ruin everyone else's.

Learn to fit in with YOUR generals better, and you'll have a good time.
>>
>>86294266
He's not wrong though
No one gave a shit when Dark Knight Rise was a meme joke here
No one gave a shit Avengers broke records for being average
Hell even AoU as much as it was mock wasn't something that stirred responses

But something about two hero vs hero films getting radically different responses just unhinged the board.
>>
>>86294272
/tv/ threads on /co/ right now

>>86290041
>>86290124
>>86294146
>>86291307

And the only reason its so few right now is because how early it is.
>>
We can't ban super hero comics, we'd lose all traffic from /co/. Also, they're still comics who essentially are the reason why we still have the medium. What we /can/ ban is adaptations to comic books, it's done nothing but harm to this board and we want it gone.
>>
>>86294342
Of course they wouldn't stay in a single thread. But that's the mods' problem.
>>
>>86294335
>This made great shitposting power.
Case in point. You are a problem for this board, /tv/.
>>
>>86294377
It wouldn't be painful at all. For anyone.

>>86294384
>No one gave a shit when Dark Knight Rise was a meme joke here
>No one gave a shit Avengers broke records for being average
>Hell even AoU as much as it was mock wasn't something that stirred responses
YOu must be new here.
>>
>>86294348
Tell me what I'm a fan of, faggot. I guarantee I know better than you.
>>
>>86294376
Too broad.

Can I only talk about Sandman on /lgbt/ because it has lesbians in it?
>>
Mods should ban Stan Lee from existence. He's fucked over so many people and he still breathes.
>>
>>86294417
>implying you won't absolutely forget about cape movies once the fad disappears
>>
>>86294354
And yet it's true.

Superheros are /co/ related.

I dare you to tell me Batman is not a character from a comic book.
>>
>>86294414

No one cared who we were before the /tv/
>>
>>86294393
I've never been on /tv/ nut I have been here on /co/ for 8 years and I can tell you a us vs them always wreaks a board.
>>
>>86294431
Shut up, he'll hear you. You don't want to be taken next, do you?
>>
>>86294075
>wanting boards for practically generals
you guys whine too much
>>
>>86294444
>Superheros are /co/ related.
We aren't talking about banning superheroes.
We're talking about banning tv show and movie threads.
>>
>>86294433
>Steven Universe cocksucker literally thinks superheros came from movies

W E W
>>
Kick out live action.
>>
>>86292958
Fuck off Tumblrina
>>
>>86294414
>Makes a bane meme joke
>claims people got upset at bane meme jokes
I don't even know what you are trying here anymore
>>
>>86294423
gays existing does not make something "gay content"

gay porn threads, "beefcake threads", and discussion of homosexuality as a subject are all "gay content"
>>
File: Asui Tsuyu.gif (939KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
Asui Tsuyu.gif
939KB, 500x370px
>>86292749
That part about generals is so true it hurts.

You triggerinas should see the state of the SnK general on /a/. I have to visit it for a couple of days every month for spoilers and scans. During that time there's nothing but ship wars and people talking about others who frequent the threads.
>>
>>86294423
Fair point, I think the problem they're addressing is not gays but people who spam traps and trannies, either request or as a thread.
Perhaps it can all be limited to a single thread about trap and trannies to keep it all contained.
>>
>>86294328
> I want to talk about comics from every publisher, era, country and creator
Then do so. There are always threads about shit that's not "muh capeshit", and if there aren't, you can make one. All it takes is one anon to storytime a comic and get people interested in it. Just for one example, when new issues come out, I Hate Fairyland threads are booming. You don't have to feel attacked just because people aren't discussing things for you.
>That I have to sift through endless threads
There is a catalog for a reason. You aren't a child, you have eyes and you can see what you want and what you don't want. There is an end, just because you refuse to see it doesn't mean it isn't there.
>a COMPLETELY FUCKING DIFFERENT MEDIUM
/a/ has to go through anime and manga, and they also allow live action adaptions for the very few that get them, but no one really talks about them. /vp/ has to go through anime, manga, video games, toys, and just general world stuff, they also allow threads about the live action news show. /v/ has to go through all the different types of video games (from platform, to genre) , and their adaptions such as movies, comics, etc, when they're actually posted. /m/ has all mecha stuff, which expands to anime of different types, tokushit, video games, and even comics.
>>
>>86294494
>gay porn threads, "beefcake threads", and discussion of homosexuality as a subject are all "gay content"
I agree with this to an extent.
A thread on the topic of a characters sexuality however should be allowed.
Say a thread that discusses whether or not a specific character is gay or not as it is still discussion about the character.
>>
>>86294251
Cartoons are like 95% of active threads there is no pointregulating comics like this
>>
>>86294463
And we should also ban Roger Rabbit, and Space Jam, and The Muppets, and threads talking about Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network (they're TV networks, not cartoons!), and animators (not cartoons)...
>>
>all this /tv/ butthurt
It mustn't be the first time they get expelled from other boards?
>>
>>86294203
>>86294226
Anon since 2008 /co/ films have been on average 5 a year.
There hasn't been an influx or rather to say it's new is rather strange
>>
>>86294494
>gays existing does not make something "gay content"

It needs to be more narrowly defined, because the way it was proposed leaves it open to interpretation and double standards.
>>
>>86294535
It's shitposters
They like how easy it is to bait a response but if you take the toy away they have to start from scratch.
>>
>>86294297
You are the reason I drink myself to death every night
>>
>>86294529
Roger Rabbit features content that exists exclusively in the realm of cartoons as does Space Jam and that means they are allowed.
The Muppets are puppets and puppetry is a form of animation.
Talk about a particular channel is a gray area and I'd be fine with banning those subjects.
Animators create cartoons and are therefore allowed unless the discussion is about their personal lives and doesn't pertain to their work in the medium.
>>
I think that what /co/ needs is ONE single board split into two boards: comics and cartoons.

That’s it. We don’t need any further board splits to fulfill specific interests.

Just comics and cartoons.

Both comics and cartoons are a niche enough hobby that separating the two would (in theory) result in two slow boards that should be relatively easy to moderate.

The generals can stay on the cartoon board, because why not? If there was a board split, there’s not so much going on in cartoons, what with shows constantly being prematurely cancelled or put on several month long hiatuses, that we really need to remove them, especially if we allow other Anons to make threads about the subject matter that aren’t necessarily generals. This would, however, require competent moderation in order to keep people from making too many threads about a single show.

It is for that same reason that film and television adaptations of comic books could also be allowed on the comic books board. Comic books are a particularly niche subject matter, and I feel that the comic board would especially be slow in comparison to the cartoons board. This does, again, require competent moderation, as all discussion in regards to that needs to be mitigated into their own separate threads, so as not to leak into the threads pertaining to comic books. This would also require moderators to be vigilant, and make sure to keep meme posting in regards to those films, as well as company wars, are kept to a minimum.

I truly think that one single board split could work, but again, it all hinges on vigilant and competent moderation.
>>
When the mods allow a Pepe shitposting thread stay up for days while deleting any post critizing it, yeah maybe we do need better .mods
>>
>>86294583
>niche
/tv/ detected.
>>
>>86294583
No. We need /co/ and /cape/.

Leave comics on /co/ so Ducktales comics, Asterix, and Bone can stay here, while superhero books and movies share a board.
>>
>>86294601
Just let a computer moderate /co/ or make it random and a different user gets the power every day
>>
>>86294583
>wants to split comics and cartoons into separate boards
>still thinks movies and tv shows should be allowed on the comic board
Kill yourself. You are clearly too retarded to continue living.
>>
>>86294444
And you can discuss Batman comics on /co/ alllllll you want. The animated movies as well. But the live action movies go to /tv/.
>>
>>86294378
Yeah I figured you'd have been here """"since 2008""""

>Learn to fit in with YOUR generals better, and you'll have a good time.
What the hell's this supposed to mean? I enjoy my generals but could afford to see them go because I know the issues with them. Piss off with that shit

Shows don't need 24/7 threads, a lot of problems with generals stem from that. There are plenty of Cartoons that don't do this and their presence is so normal on the board you don't even care to mention them. Star Vs, SUG, GF are the exceptions and don't pretend /sug/ contains shit. There's a bunch of SU threads outside it, I know because I constantly browse this bloody board.and see them.

Generals would be far better if they weren't forced so hard, they don't need to be constantly up but for some reason, they are and then in turn they spurn out shit.
Like I told you, there's a reason generals are disliked across the site.
>>
File: horse_cartoon_brown_T[1].png (43KB, 391x408px) Image search: [Google]
horse_cartoon_brown_T[1].png
43KB, 391x408px
I want Global Rule 15 lifted so badly. The reason that show got so damn popular in the first place was because it was reaction image fodder on par with any moe anime. Fuck, it basically was the American equivalent of a moe anime. And we can't use it anymore.

Please, mods. Consider how /vp/ exists, but Pokemon is still discussed on other boards.
>>
>>86294633
THIS
THIS
THIS
>>
>>86294623
/co/ will die out without cape comics.
>>
File: 1421081886318.png (39KB, 290x336px) Image search: [Google]
1421081886318.png
39KB, 290x336px
>>86294572
I'm sorry
>>
>>86294133
>KEEP /pol/ IN /pol/ REGARDLESS OF POLITICAL ALIGNMENT/POSITION/OPINION.

How do you do this when creators themselves inject their stiffled immature politics into the content we discuss on /co/?
>>
>>86294650
>Consider how /vp/ exists, but Pokemon is still discussed on other boards.
The difference is that /mlp/ ISN'T discussed on other boards because its board serves its purpose.
>>
>>86294662
Sadly true. But it won't die without live action, yay!
>>
>>86294147
And then, that's how we find the actual problem.

Janitors and Mods don't give a fuck about what are /co/'s actual problems, and don't even care about what shit do we have to deal with.

To be fair, our issue is also that we don't report actual shitposting, and only do so when there's SU or you-know-what threads, while actual issues are ignoed.

At the same time, I feel the big issue with /co/ movie threads is simply... there's too much company wars. Seriously. the real reason why those threads go to shit is because some people take the bait easily, and then /tv/, /pol/ and /v/ then come here with their "fun" which is only make things go to shit, and thus, the threads end up going even worse.

The generals are also affected by the lack of actual moderation and lack of people actually reporting off-topic stuff.

Thus, what I feel we need to do is:

1.- Better and actual comunicative moderators and janitors.
2.- Ban all /tv/, /pol/ tier and /v/ shitposting, HOWEVER political, videogame, and movie/shows cartoons and comics can stay as long as they actually talk about that stuff, or make actual OC (Original Content, you can check the rules for that shit, I think)
Speaking of OC
3.- Regulate the drawthreads so that waifufaggotry is minimum
4.- LOL threads are out, because there's no actual LOL, only shitposting about some shitty awful comic that then people take too seriously, and start spamming.
5.- Generals should be allowed, but only if the show's actually on air/not in hiatus AND the quality is good, if anyone has a problem with one general, you can filter it, and if it actually affects other boards, just report it.
6.- Company Wars ARE NOT ALLOWED
And lastly, because people may think "b-b-b-but muh Tumblr"
7.- Eliminate all SJW and Tumblr content that is only used as shitposting.
>>
>>86293494
>>86293508
This is the problem
>>86293920
>>86293765
Why mods delete the links?
links to pastebin should be permitted, it doesn´t break any rule
It just looks unfair, other generals are allowed to do that without repercutions
>>
>>86294669
If the topic of the comic is blatantly political, sure. What we don't need is /pol/ discussions sparking off from every random comic because /pol/ got their foot in the door.
>>
>>86294583
I want the comic boards to not allow capes
>>
>>86294606
Are you really going to sit here and tell me that reading comics isn't a niche hobby?

>>86294623
No, that isn't necessary. It can all share a board, and can all be talked about, and it will be fine.

>>86294630
Yes, I'm saying that it can be allowed because the comics board would be slow enough, that having threads discussing cape movies wouldn't clog up the catalog. Discussion regarding it could be easily moderated, so long as the moderation is competent.
>>
>>86294633
Except that's fucking moronic, because people who like Batman want to talk about the movies in context with the comics.

Do Batman '66 threads go on /tv/ even though they're in comic form? Or do you talk about them on /co/ and just get banned if you mention the show?

It's fucking retarded, and if you weren't just a bitter shitposting cartooncuck trying to intentionally fuck over superhero fans you'd know that.
>>
>>86294623
>Ban cape comics.

Cape comics are still comics. Cape movies are movies.
>>
>>86294319
>You don't ban the IPs, you ban topics dedicated to the wrong medium.

The /tv/ split is only pushed because of recent developments in how cape media is published. It wasn't a problem when we were posting Adam West Batman or talking about Christopher Reeve's performance as Superman.

They are still comic book related tv shows. They can stay. It's not like you need more than 1 click to ignore those threads.
>>
>>86294696
>Why mods delete the links?
There was never a reason given.
Go to the Star vs threads for yourself and try to link something pastebin related or even write a greentext.
Watch it get deleted out of the blue and get you blocked for it.
>>
>>86294682
>Better and actual comunicative moderators and janitors.
What a polite way of saying "hire someone who's not a braindead moron.
>>
>>86294720
>reading comics is a niche hobby
Ah, the 1950s.
>>
>>86293970

You're the kind of guy who would flip his shit if someone gave a sincere opinion that they dont like a change based on race are you? You'd say it's /pol/ right away.
>>
Let /aco/ be western /d/+/h/, allow lewds on /co/.

Allow /co/-related furry stuff.
>>
>>86294633
>And you can discuss Batman comics on /co/ alllllll you want. The animated movies as well. But the live action movies go to /tv/.

I'd like to still be able to discuss Adam Wests Batman on /co/, thank you very much.
>>
>>86294682
These ideas are shit.

You don't need to fix what ain't broke. The only REAL problems on 4chan are the death of board culture and the flooding of EVERY board with politics and the mods being overly strict and not following the rules that they're supposed to enforce correctly because they'd rather just delete any non-sjw posts instead.
>>
>>86294727
>It wasn't a problem when we were posting Adam West Batman or talking about Christopher Reeve's performance as Superman.
But its a problem NOW.

>It's not like you need more than 1 click to ignore those threads.
Then why isn't that your answer to everything?
I'll tell you why. Because it isn't an answer.
Ignoring something does not fix it. Movies and tv shows have their own board.
Use it.
>>
>>86294749
The 66 comic exists
>>
>>86294677
>I hate superheros and want their fans to be punished!

Get fucked.
>>
>>86294764
Learn to read.
>>
>>86294749
>I'd like to still be able to discuss Adam Wests Batman on /co/, thank you very much.
And you can.
You just can't dedicate a thread to it.
If you want to do that, fuck off to /tv/.
>>
>>86294736
No. I'm personally somewhat dissatisfied with the choice of actress for Mary Jane.

What is /pol/ is someone posting the new actress and the thread breaking down to WE WUZ.
>>
>/vp/ is Pokemon board
>the anime, games, and manga are all allowed

>/co/ is the superhero board
>you are not allowed to talk about anything superhero related unless it is a comic or cartoon
>>
>>86294623
>being this much of a retarded faggot
We don't need new boards, you dumb nigger. That is the last thing we need. If you don't like certain threads, just hide them and use the catalog.
>>
>>86293119
this!
It's on the same level as channel tans and /co/co/ threads, why are mods allowed to allow those thread but get anal about HG? It introduced people to new cartoons and comics.
>>
>>86294764
>having to go to another board to discuss movies and tv shows is punishment
Are you a fucking child because those aren't allowed on this site.
>>
>>86294628
Would be a lot better than our current mods combined.
>>
>>86294794
/vp/ IS A BRAND SPECIFIC BOARD

/co/ IS A MEDIUM SPECIFIC BOARD

How fucking stupid are you that you can't tell the difference?
>>
>>86294794
/vp/ is a special case. The entire board is dedicated to a single, comparatively small fandom.
>>
File: Can't stump.jpg (203KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
Can't stump.jpg
203KB, 500x622px
>>86294790
To be fair a posting chain of WE WUZ very accurately describes the problem of the character change while not writing out an entire dissertation about it and wasting everyones time.

Brevity is the soul of wit.
>>
>>86294733
A brain-dead moron could do a better job than Niggerwood and friends
>>
>>86294725
>Do Batman '66 threads go on /tv/ even though they're in comic form?

If the thread starts with discussion pertaining specifically to the comic, there's no problem. If discussion veers into talking about the show, that's just the nature of how threads flow.

Starting a thread specifically for the show goes on /tv/.

Why is this difficult to grasp

>bitter shitposting cartooncuck

You're not fooling anyone, /tv/.
>>
>>86294726
Cape movies are still comic characters.
>>
>>86294746
/aco/ should have been for cartoon porn and cartoon porn only. /aco/ destoryed /d/
>>
>>86294805
/tv/ is a shithole. Forcing people to go there because they want to talk about Donner Superman or West Batman is cruel.

I mean, I don't like shitposting about whether a movie bombed or not, but I'm entirely unwilling to throw out the baby with the bathwater here.
>>
>>86293539
A million times this. A comic with one nude scene is not /aco/ worthy.
>>
>>86294828
Then we should make a board for superheros, a much larger fandom.

It's literally the same as /m/ being split from /a/
>>
>>86294862
>/tv/ is a shithole

The steps should be taken to fix it.
>>
Is there anyone here who thinks that /co/ is better now, when mods ban you for posting a pic with anything even slightly sexual? They even delete links to lewds. That is complete bullshit on a 18+ site. If some pansy faggots want to have family friendly discussion, let them fuck off to a moderated forum.
>>
>>86294862
>/tv/ is a shithole
Ad we dont want /co/ to become a shithole, so start packing.
>>
>>86294861
There's a thread on both /d/ and /aco/ like this one.

If you want a better /aco/ go there
>>
>>86294903
Why don't you fuck off nigger?

Either give us a cape board or leave everything here.
>>
Oh look, more shitposting

>>86294589
>>
>>86294682
I agree with this, but with a few grievances. I agree that Mods need to be actually a part of the community that they regular, and that blaming the content on the shitposting is dumb when you can just get rid of the shitposting and leave the content for those who enjoy it. A lot of the fun that can come out of /co/ can come from the original content based on the mixing of ideas. Company wars are a cancer and are almost entirely fabricated by people who don't come here. Yeah, there's rivalry, but there's no exclusivity. SJW shit, on both sides of the extremes, don't need to be here. People who advocate for baning "tumblr" forget that a lot of the derailment comes from people bringing up shit out of nowhere, that there are places outside of tumblr, and that tumblr also has shit other than the "SJW" shit like fan art and what not, with drawfags using it to post content.
But
>Regulate the drawthreads
Drawhreads are the last thing that need regulating. Sure, drawthreads that devolve into the same character being spammed are annoying, but that's up to the drawfags, anyway, and the occasional FOTM is no new thing. At this point, they're kind of "dead" just from being spread thing and silly bans.
>only if the show's actually on air/not in hiatus AND the quality is good
You can't really have a clear cut-off for when a "general's quality is good", because to an outsider it's all going to be shit, but to an insider it could just be the exact thing that should be happening. It's during a hiatus that, for some shows, most of the discussion piles up as there's been time to make content or to chew on what was put out. Then there's when the show actually has stuff coming out for it, but the mods aren't familiar with it so they think it's on break when it isn't. At some point the discussion just should die down, naturally, and if it gets to a point where it's just entirely off-topic then yeah, those posts should be deleted, but people will still try discussing things.
>>
>>86294885
This. Especially since /a/ allows spoilered porn, banning for violence or sex in comics is pathetic.
>>
File: 1464197482849.jpg (42KB, 290x382px) Image search: [Google]
1464197482849.jpg
42KB, 290x382px
>>86294880
>Superheroes
>Larger than Pokemon
>Especially on 4chan
>>
>>86294840
Not at all, really. It's just a low effort meme.
>>
>>86294933
>hating fun
>>
>>86294943
t. Loud House enthusiast
>>
>>86294957
But I don't watch cartoons Anon, I'm here specifically for comics. You're deluding yourself if you think the actual comic readers here outnumber Pokemon fans.
>>
>>86292633
Make a board for capeshit called /cape/.
>>
>>86293111
>now

Most "gay" posters are women.
>>
>>86294928
>Why don't you fuck off nigger?
That's what I think about /tv/ every time I see them destroying this board.
>>
>>86294885
I agree with this, as long as it is related to the show/comic being discussed and it is spoilered, I think lewd pictures should be allowed.
There is one issue I can see with this though. This could turn threads, generals especially, into porn threads without any actual discussion.
I do feel like lewds should be allowed, but it will need sufficient moderation so that people aren't just posting porn everywhere.
>>
File: kmkl (175).png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
kmkl (175).png
38KB, 499x338px
>>86292633
You know....separating cartoons and comics would fucking DESTROY drawthreads because most of all drawfags are more inclined to cartoons.
>>
>>86294862
>I mean, I don't like shitposting about whether a movie bombed or not, but I'm entirely unwilling to throw out the baby with the bathwater here.

Then here's an idea: report blatant shitposting and inflammatory posts that crop up in live action threads.
>>
File: 1473111306115.jpg (33KB, 532x412px) Image search: [Google]
1473111306115.jpg
33KB, 532x412px
>>86292749

this man is right

fuck all of you enabling lackeys and comformist wimps, the mods and janitors ARE a problem, they let obvious shit pass and attack harmless shit for personal agendas

we need a better system for janitors, no more volunteers who have an axe to grind with specific demographics of /co/.

we also need /co/ to admit it has a /pol/tumblr problem, one that GOES BOTH WAYS. The /pol/ who cry tumblr, and the tumblr that cries /pol/.

i propose a ban on anyone who calls someone /pol/ OR tumblr in an unwarranted way, or tells them to go that way.
>>
>>86295007
If its on topic with the thread and isn't porn I agree.
But a thread should not be dedicated to it.
>>
>>86295014
So?
>>
Split /co/ into separate boards for each individual character. Superman gets a board, Captain America gets a board, etc. Same with cartoons.
>>
>>86295023
>>>/pol/
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>86294977
This.
>>
>>86295023
It's not solely tumblr to complain about /pol/ when /pol/ ruins shit.
>>
File: cartoon logic.png (295KB, 402x326px) Image search: [Google]
cartoon logic.png
295KB, 402x326px
>>86295030
Bring the quality of the board down, besides being a horrible idea for other reasons.

It makes me remember the Publisher-tan drama, where people believed that without cartoons OR capes, they could make anyone give a damn to what you do. You will just end in a board almost empt with people asking what went wrong, why nobody goes there for storytime and why nobody produce content, or why the drawthreads are so shit.
>>
>>86295014
That would be a good thing though. The draw fags that only draw Steven universe would stay here, and the drawfags that do capes would go to /cape/
>>
>>86295025
I didn't mean a thread dedicated to lewds, I meant they should be allowed in general as long as they are spoilered and don't turn into porn threads.
For example, if a comic has a scene with nudity in it, people should be able to discuss it without worrying about a ban. But if people are constantly posting porn without any discussion, that should be a ban.
>>
>>86295087
Agreed.
>>
>>86295086
>That would be a good thing though.
Why?
>>
>>86295077
/pol/ has NO presence here

this board is LITERALLY tumblr

disagreeing with sjws does not make someone "/pol/"

faggots like you and the sjw mods that enable you are the problem
>>
File: 1470004359390.jpg (130KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
1470004359390.jpg
130KB, 470x470px
>>86294885

also 100% agree to this.

i feel like i'm in a board for fucking 10 year olds lately, i want 4chan to be FOR ADULTS WHO CAN HANDLE ADULT CONTENT, ADULT CONTEXT AND ADULT IDEAS again.

OUR FIRST FUCKING RULE people!
>>
>>86294934
So, I suppose that shall be some good ideas to reconsiderate, huh?
I mean, i'm no god here, but if there can be a control over what everyone actually wants and needs from this board, then things can actually change.

Also... should we make another thread, just to make more people be able to discuss, or what?
>>
>>86295014
Good, i go there for comic requests
>>
Make /co/ an official sister board of /pol/. We must secure the existence of our board and a future for /co/ posters.
>>
>155 posters

Damn, we get more posters on my fetish threads

Which made me remember, someone should ban the faggot that spam the board with his shitty Asami anti-envirement fetish webcomic. He is worst than Scrapper.
>>
>>86294885
It's almost like this is a blue board and we have a porn board or something. Also, don't kid yourself. There are beef/cheesecake threads that last for days
>>
>>86293286
We had the thread when it was /tv/s bedtime.
>>
>>86293286
>now some of you are backing down?
Nah, it's /tv/ scum; they're scared.
>>
>>86295166
>>86295187
This.
>>
>>86295156
But you would get even less by this logic.

All of the drawfags there do mainly cartoons, and comics in a lesser extend now and them. If they have another board, plenty of them (like me) would probably rather stay there.
>>
>>86295077

you're gonna have to prove that.

fuck the "silent majority" nonsense. You can't possibly claim only a vocal minority supports an opinion in a large discussion.

>>86295164

cheesecake threads like MILF threads are targeted too, so is anything sex related that isn't tame realistic comicbook pin up art, there is absolutely no excuse for deleting and banning links, and the anthro character or cartoon threads that aren't even lewd, just automatically assumed to be.
>>
>>86295187
I agree that /tv/ stuff should be banned, there is a reason why that board exists. Live action stuff doesn't need to be here.
>>
>>86295216
>cheesecake threads like MILF threads are targeted too, so is anything sex related that isn't tame realistic comicbook pin up art, there is absolutely no excuse for deleting and banning links

The worst part is that /a/ has no problem with having them.
>>
>>86295216
>you're gonna have to prove that.

How about you do?
Can prove that Tumblr is the ones complaining about /pol/?
>>
>>86295216
If it's not worksafe, don't expect it to stay for long. It's a blue board, know the limits of what you can post.
>>
>>86294905
Except theyll ban you if you post anything western, even certainn kinds of fetishes. Hell shortstacks got kicked off of /d/ for being "too western"
>>
File: otto von assburger.webm (70KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
otto von assburger.webm
70KB, 640x360px
>>86295269

it's

a fucking

link
>>
>>86294933
Can't wait for the mods to leave it up for that epic screenshot to post on r/4chan
>>
>>86295283
>shortstacks got kicked off of /d/ for being "too western"
Really? Even if they were animu? That's a little harsh.
>>
File: 1467424437490.png (464KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467424437490.png
464KB, 720x480px
>>86295083
>TFW I was the one who did/updated the booro and pastebin

>TFW I go on vacation and no one bothered to update it while I was gone.

>TFW It died when I got back because no one kept shit up to date.
>>
>>86295107

>>86295072
>>86294881
>>86279342
All seen on one scan of the front page.
>>
Riddle me this, /co/. What's /co/-related, not a fad, and needs its own board?
>>
>>86295289
I don't understand that really, but all the other stuff you posted is grounds for being deleted. People just assume since it's spoilered it's okay.
>>
>>86295077
You can't keep saying /pol/ is behind everything bad. Most of these people are Redditors who browse /pol/ for the epic, dank memes and then try and spread it around
>>
>>86295324
I think it would be enough to just separate comics and cartoons, there is no need for anything else other than that.
>>
>>86295269
"Work safe" was always such a dumb thing. Since the whole site itself isn't "safe for work". Though I'll agree there should remain a distinction between blue and red boards to prevent 24/7 porn dumps on blue boards.
>>
>>86295312
Yup. It was insane. Despite the fact that the mod at the time said eastern art of any kind was allowed still, he still saw fit to ban shortstacks.
>>
>>86295350
I've already gotten too many promotions this year so it's nice to know I can browse something safe.
>>
File: 0045_08.gif (41KB, 450x230px) Image search: [Google]
0045_08.gif
41KB, 450x230px
>>86295261
>Can prove that Tumblr is the ones complaining about /pol/?

if i had bothered to put a bunch of bookmarks on every thread where some horrid cunt saw a controversial opinion(doesn't matter if it's formulated well or just not that serious), and immediately, WITHIN SECONDS replied with "/pol/ is that way".

everyone is so fucking incapable of arguing in a civilized way that shutting down topics and making them incredibly hostile and assume the worst from the counterpart is the default, automatic response.

that's the tumblr way of doing things.
>>
>>86292633
>What is wrong with /co/ mods and how do we fix it?
I'm fucking sick of the russian roulette aspect of /co/ moderation.
The exact same thread can get banned or not, depending on the janitor's mood.
Blacksad and Akira comes to mind. As do one page with visible tits in an entire book.
Don't delete storytimes unless ist's kiddy porn, they're one of the last creative aspect of this board.
And ffs, let people have fun. Even troll threads have their use as containment; at least they aren't shitting the interesting discussion in the meantime. Ban people if you wish, but don't delete an entire thread just because a /pol/ack joined.

>>86292688
Anon, eurocomics and non-cape are already barely present here. It's mostly DC/Marvel threads, with a couple Image ones.
And it's even worse with south american production. Meanwhile, /a/ is waifuwars central.
I think that uniting /co/ and /a/ will probably result in one crowd phagocytizing the other, and a lot of subcultures disappearing in the process. It may end with a nice board, but it won't be the sum of its predecessors.
>>
>>86293953
this. /co/mblr cunts are trying to fuck everything up
>>
>>86295383
So basically, no, you can't.
>>
>>86295388
>Akira comes to mind.
Akira didn't belong here.
HL is a faggot who lied to mods / janitors who probably don't even know the fucking difference between comics and manga.
Coloring a manga and translating does not change it to a comic book.
>>
>>86295328
I'm not saying /pol/ is behind everything bad, but /pol/ is behind KANGS and frogposting and "Everyone who disagrees with me is a jew no matter how little that has to do with the topic."
>>
>>86295347
No, anon. Live action doesn't belong in /co/.
>>
>>86295240
Superheroes are /co/.
>>
>>86295410

that's the attitude, that's the "i'm REALLY FUCKING TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW" kind of reply.

>>86295422

that's ebin memesters rather than actual hardcore dogmatic stormfags, i think that kind of poster is going extinct at this rate.
>>
>>86295431
Superhero comics are /co/.
>>
>>86295431
No, comics and cartoons about superheroes are /co/.
Movies and tv shows about superheroes are /tv/.
>>
>>86295439
>that's ebin memesters rather than actual hardcore dogmatic stormfags, i think that kind of poster is going extinct at this rate.

How can you say this without a hint of irony?
>>
>>86295388
>The exact same thread can get banned or not, depending on the janitor's mood.
Yes, this is very true. One day the moderation will be extremely lenient, and then the next day it will be extremely strict. There needs to be some kind of consistency, and the mods/janitors need to follow a concrete set of rules.
>>
>>86295439
Do you have any idea how little of a fuck I give whether the people posting /pol/ shit are actually from /pol/ or just shitposters?

It's also fucking laughable to brush it all off while on the same post go on about tumblr.
>>
Set up a new thread here

>>86295474
>>
>>86295422
Frog posting was a normalfag meme from Facebook that the Redditors dragged over here. /pol/ simply turned it into their own and now it's a symbol of white nationalism, effectively destroying the normal fags
>>
>>86295317
none of those are /pol/

something being politically incorrect does not make something /pol/, you fucking sjw literal faggot

you literally just proved that post you quoted right
>>
>>86295460

find me someone who can actually argue you for days on end about stormshit on this site instead of turning to posting merchants and sourceless infographic #2432 after 10 minutes.

>>86295491

in the end it's all about shutting down the discourse so no one has to ever feel uncomfortable in their hugbox, and it goes both ways.

we don't have a trouble with people posting about jews niggers feminism and cucks all day here, it's not even close to being a problem, we do have issue with people not even daring to address topics without getting shouted down for being /pol/, or to even make a goddamn incorrect joke.
>>
>>86295555
>Oyy Vey jewden posting
>Not /pol/
>>
>>86295444
Right, and when those characters are in other mediums, they go here too.
>>
>>86295635
No, because they aren't comics.
A comic board would be for comics.
Its simple. You'd have to be a child not to understand.
>>
>>86295579

so no antisemitic jokes ever ever, we can't have that, we can't type the words "oy vey" unless we go out of our way to show it's ironic
>>
>>86295439
So then are you accusing me of being Tumblr?
>>
>>86295566
>find me someone who can actually argue you for days on end about stormshit on this site instead of turning to posting merchants and sourceless infographic #2432 after 10 minutes.

My point was that you dismiss shitposters from /pol/ as memesters but actually believe people from tumblr post here unironically rather than just memesters looking for (You)'s. How deluded can you actually be?
>>
>>86295077
>>86295107
Literally saying "she's not attractive to me" to a minority character will get people screaming /pol/ at you.
>>
>>86295681
>My point was that you dismiss shitposters from /pol/ as memesters

but that's exactly what they are, JUST shitposters, just annoyinb background noise, not brainwashed retards pushing a goddamn agenda

>but actually believe people from tumblr post here unironically rather than just memesters looking for (You)'s

tumblr or not, people who DO have an agenda in favor of something benefit from shutting down any speech beyond the limits of what's safe and they can slant the conversation within that limit, are you being dense on purpose?

you can't have people saying everything is fucking /pol/ because eventually everything WILL turn into /pol/
>>
>>86295579
>>86295671
JIDF have invaded /co/? You can't make Jew jokes or complain about Jews anymore?
>>
>>86292633
I just want to be able to talk about Nickelodeon shows without the mods watching the thread like a hawk and deleting everything in sight for no reason.
>>
>>86295713
People who attack other posters for having a different opinion should receive a ban in my opinion.
A short one though. They need to learn that unless they intend on having a discussion about why they disagree, there's no reason to complain about someone else's opinion. It just turns into shitposting.
>>
>>86292633
So is there gonna be a new thread or is this guy just going to say "do it yourself," ignore the threads, and leave them to die?
>>
>>86295107
>/pol/ has NO presence here
You are either a huge flaming retard, or /pol/

You cant possibly believe that
>>
>>86295737
Nigger, I'm saying that both sides of the spectrum are shitposters looking for (You)'s. You can't honestly believe that there are people here actually for all this SJW shit, it's all ironic shitposting that people like you have somehow construed into real people so you have an excuse to get mad. You seem to understand that /pol/ shitposting is just shitposting but are ignoring the possibility of the other. Whatever, threads about to die and you aren't going to change your opinion.
>>
>>86295791
Learn to fucking read.
There's already a new thread.
>>
>>86295007
It won't be any worse than people just dumping fan-art. If you visited /sug/ for any prolonged time, you know what peri-, lapis-, jasper- or , god forbid, dewey-posters are.

>>86295164
>muh blue board
a) Stop browsing 4chan where people can see you, faggot.
b) Grow the fuck up or move to a family-friendly forum.

>beefcake/cheesecake
Those are deleted or policed all the time. It's amazing they aren't insta-deleted like caturday/bunday threads.
>>
>>86295816
>You can't honestly believe that there are people here actually for all this SJW shit

i've seen it with my own goddamn eyes that there's people who get irrationally mad at right wing critique, ideas or parodies, legit mad not just spamming memes to get a rise out of people.

last time i could tell was when that TRANSformer parody got posted. Or whenever that "red panels" strip gets posted. They don't do it for shit and giggles.

>You seem to understand that /pol/ shitposting is just shitposting but are ignoring the possibility of the other

SJW shit is characteristic for being humorless bile, if you saw them actually retort to "alt-right" through wit and cleverness, then they would be winning people over.
>>
>>86295777
The mods know that no one can tell them shit anymore. Some threads literally have 50% of the posts deleted for no discerenable reasons other than the mod not liking the conversation they were having. But wait! Shitposting is left in it's pristine untouched condition.
>>
>>86295894
>Those are deleted or policed all the time.

A gay thread with Sinestro and Hal making out as the first image was up for 4 days. I think it only just died last night and that was from it hitting the limit.
>>
>>86295908
Not him, but you are definitely just unable to see that the people you dont like could be just as harmless as the people you dont have a problem with

>>86295962
I remember being in a Ben 10 thread and getting banned because I said "let's keep it on topic and stop posting all these Gwen borderline lewds"
>>
>>86295981
That totally makes sense. Why would faggots delete a gay thread? Also notice how male nipples aren't considered lewd, I also doubt it had any cocks in it.
>>
>>86295421
Then just hide the fucking thread.
It's still sequential art and is more related to comics and cartoons than a damn live action blockbuster using characters that originated from comics. Let us enjoy a good read.
For every line you draw between the western/weeaboo comics, there is gonna products that don't fit in either category.
Have fun with putting Tokyo est mon Jardin in a neat little box, since it's a comic make by a japanese and a french living in japan, published by french and japanese editors in its initial run.

That's one thing that's neat with /tg/. They have interests. You can post any stuff from any medium, as long as it is related to what traditional gamers like, people will appreciate it for what it's truly worth.
We don't need to go "hurr durr, this comic was born on the wrong side of the pacific". Just judge it based on content. A good sci-fi comic is a good sci-fi comic before being a manga, bd, fumetti or whatever, Jodorowski has more in common with Otomo than with Miller.
>>
>>86296074
>Then just hide the fucking thread.
THAT DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM.
When MLP faggots flooded the board with their shit why didn't you just fucking hide it?
Its fucking simple.
Anime and manga have their own fucking board, post it there.
It wasn't even a fucking vague difference.
It was a very fucking clear difference.
The only reason it lasted so long was because THERE IS NO REAL /co/ MOD. They have at most some janitors but when something real happens they have to go fetch a mod from another board WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT GOES ON HERE and just blindly does what the janitor says.

ANIME AND MANGA BELONG ON /a/.
>>
>>86296121
>/mlp/
It was literally 1 general of people discussing the show. Everything else was either trolls who enjoyed how people lost their shit at the sight of ponies or newfags who didn't know how to into catalog.

In any case, no one gave a shit about MLP on /co/, it's /v/irgins and /b/-tards who got moot to make /mlp/.

Notice how no one whined about making a new thread when the whole front page was Kora threads. Ponies just triggered people on 4chan harder than rape jokes trigger tumblrinas.
>>
>>86296209
>In any case, no one gave a shit about MLP on /co/
Obviously they did, otherwise there wouldn't be a fucking /mlp/ board you stupid nigger.
>>
>>86292633
/co/ is less terrible than many other chans, thank God. The only real thing that springs to mind is that Steven Universe absolutely needs to be sequestered to some sort of a ghetto. That shit ruins EVERY thread it pops up in.
>>
>>86296233

You realize /co/ was ponies before the trolls
>>
>>86296266
I was a part of /co/ when it happened and I wasn't, so, no it fucking wasn't.
>>
Either replace the mods who ban me every second post I make or ban me only from this board and not all boards
I'm running low on IPs
>>
>>86296233
Holy shit. Are you a literal retard with no reading comprehension? I just told you that /v/ and /b/, two boards moot actually cared about, made him make /mlp/.

>>86296300
Now I know you're a retard. /mlpg/ was full of legitimate discussion, fan-art, fanfics and even fan-music. It was just people (ironically) enjoying the show. It's ass-devastated little bitches like you who reacted to it like it raped their mothers to death with a rusty pipe that made it the perfect trolling material not only on /co/ but other boards as well.
Thread posts: 821
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.