[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giancarlo Esposito rejected mcu tv job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 983203293.jpg (45KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
983203293.jpg
45KB, 640x320px
I know the Marvel world exists on the Disney lot. I love those guys at Marvel," he says. "We’ve been trying to figure out how to collaborate on something. I’m hoping that it is something. They came to me with something for their television department, then I realized if I did that, I’d never be able to have that same character be in that film department. Once you’re in a Marvel character in the television version, you have to stay in the particular character. They can’t carry that over to film."

>marveldrones say its one universe.
>>
It is one universe. It's like star wars EU. It's all the same continuity, but the stuff that aren't the films aren't canon.
>>
>>85831274
>but the stuff that aren't the films aren't canon

whats the point then?
>>
>>85831274
so your saying. the canon of mcu means. no dardevil luke iron jessica jones ghost rider mockingbird. king pin.

why watch the tv show when they dont matter to the universe. or vice versa. if tv show its own universe why rush to go see the movies
>>
>>85831296
What's the point of anything, man.
>>
>>85831253
Its same universe but nothing that happens in the shows will ever impact the movies.
>>
>>85831311
So you somehow think it's worse that everything stands on its own merit? Watch Daredevil if you like it. Watch Ant-Man if you like it. It doesn't matter if they're not going to tough.
>>
>>85831328
part of the lure to the shows are they connect to the movies and they might be crossover. if they straight never do that is false advertising. i'll like the tv shows. but i much rather have a daredevil on the big screen than ant man.
>>
I don't give a single fuck if he's not WHITE, he'd make a great Stormin' Norman.
>>
>>85831253
>>>/tv/
>>
You know it's gotten bad when everyone realizes what a shitshow MCU TV is.
>>
>>85831296
Because the MCU jerks itself off over being "all connected"
>>
File: Rod.png (108KB, 353x323px) Image search: [Google]
Rod.png
108KB, 353x323px
>>85831507
That's not half-bad.

I'd also like him as Spectacular Spider-Man Tombstone or Kingsley.
>>
>>85831340
This. Russo bros already confirmed that none of the Defenders will be in the big Avengers films coming up, and Feige more or less shelved Inhumans which was the one property that would make sense for AoS characters to be in.

They really should have separated the universes if they aren't going to do anything meaningful with both divisions.
>>
>>85832920
I kind of worry that they are closing too many doors. I mean, there is only so much Avenger stuff you can tackle.
>>
False. Characters cross over to the TV shows all the time. And vise versa. Coulson, Nick Fury, Agent Sitwell, Sif, Maria Hill. Are they major/game changing players? No. But that's life. Not everyone is a Barack Obama. Not everyone is Micheal Jordan.
>>
>>85831253
this seperate universe meme needs to die, they made it clear it is all.one universe not connecting for shitty legal reasons doesnt deny it
>>
>>85832964
It's rare.
Also, he was probably talking about Netflix. Esposito is too good for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
>>
>>85832964
Anon, until i see Daredevil high-five cap America on the big screen obviously the whole MCU must be a scam and the TV/Netflix division only unecessary trash i was coerced into watching and enjoying because i thought characters like Coulson's Mistery Inc. would end up in movies

Marvel lied people died
>>
>>85833035
>because i thought characters like Coulson's Mistery Inc. would end up in movies
To be fair, I don't think anyone was asking for this until Daredevil came out.
>>
>>85832964
nickfury hasnt shown up in shield for three years. probably wont ever again. sif back ground character maria background character. show me a real hero doing real things. in a movie or tv show
>>
>>85832964
i dont want to see thor love bunny hang out with low level shield shits. i want see thor smashing getting backed up by shield or daredevil
>>
>>85833003
its not a legal thing. its a politics shit happening in marvel studio.
>>
He can only play Blue Marvel
>>
>>85831274
>It is one universe.

Its not, nobody gives a shit about the tv shows and only DD season one was good, season 2 was flavor of the month, only good thing was the Punisher
>>
>>85833084

But you kind of expected Agents of Shield characters in movies like Winter Soldier or Age of Ultron.

Specially in the helicarrier scene I going in my head ''And now here come the agents of shit to make this thing even worse!'' and it never happened.

So a entire different character being the leader of shield means jack shit to the movies
>>
>>85831253
Why can't he be Black Manta?
>>
>>85833758
Because the DCEU is never going to make it to Aquaman
>>
>>85833809
No faith.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.