/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DCEU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 17

File: image.jpg (161KB, 1200x662px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 1200x662px
Is it unsalvagable?
>>
>>85755544
No.

It's DOA
>>
>>85755544
As a money-making vehicle? No, it's doing well enough.

As a source of good superhero movies? It's dead.
>>
>>85755544
Only way they could salvage it is if after Justice League (we know it's gonna suck) they claim that the JL we're watching aren't the real ones. The real JL arrive or have been watching from some other dimension.

Seriously if they wanted to reboot this to be right all they have to do is some multi-dimensional fuckery and instant reboot. But I know that will be too confusing for the mainstream audience.
>>
If DC puts out a genuinely good movie, people will enjoy it. It's not like if they made a good movie it would be tarnished by belonging to the universe of lesser movies. Outside of some company wars bs here on the internet, not many people are concerned about the overall quality of a "cinematic universe".

If WB just hires talented people to make a good movie, then lets said talented people do their thing, they can probably be successful.

Who knows if that will happen though.
>>
>>85755625
It really is no different from the MCU in the end, huh.
>>
>>85755640
Nothing is getting rebooted so fuck off and take you "not muh" bullshit with you.

>>85755699
If WB just hires talented people to make a good movie, then lets said talented people do their thing, they can probably be successful.

That's the thing they do have talented people bt let execs chop their shit up because they are scared of focus groups or whatever.
>>
>>85755625
>it's doing well
2 underperformances and a flop isn't doing well. WB just can't afford to attempt a reboot this soon and the capeshit bubble will pop soon so they're trying to cash in. If they've pulled any profit at all, which they probably haven't, it's been meager.
>>
>>85755625
Mark my words, by the end it will have a 6/10 passable movie.
DCfags will praise it too much and people will answer "not so fast, it wasn't THAT good, it was just ok."
This is a 100% accurate prediction of the future because I'm a prophet and a genius.
>>
>>85755772
yeah, there's at least a 55% chance that the Batfleck movie will be decent.
>>
>>85755544
I hate what snyder did to supes hair
I hate how since bvs it looks wet as shit
MOS has as great but that whole wet gel look he's giving him sucks
on the other hand it might work for Captain Shazam
>>
>>85755544
Only if you make it into the crime syndicate.
That would be a cool twist actually
>>
>>85755544
Yes.
Bury it.
Its dead.
Consider it mercy.
>>
>>85755544

If they keep insisting on goyer/snyder, yeah.
>>
>>85755760
What "flop" would that be exactly? Oh please say Suicide Squad. So we can see how truly delusional you faggots rally are, how fucking divorced from reality your DCEU makes you.Bring out those meme accountants!
>>
File: gal gadot.jpg (83KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
gal gadot.jpg
83KB, 640x640px
leave it to WW
>>
>>85755918
As cool as Jason Todd being the joker, as it dumb as fuck but autistic neckbeards who wish it to be true because "not muh"
>>
Fire Zack Snyder and soft reboot.

Keep some of the actors if you want but be willing to replace others. Throw the tone and visual style out the window but don't do the origins all over again.
>>
Why did you make multiples of this thread, Disnigger?

Sage
>>
If you think Civil War was a better movie than Batman v Superman, then you really are a fucking retard
>>
>>85755544
not really trips-dubs.
just reboot the whole thing, but do it right this time. george miller the right idea the first time
>>
>>85756303
>visual style

Yeah no. I like the visual style. I also like the fact that IT HAS A VISUAL STYLE. Unlike say for example the MCU. ( Minus GOTG) Unless you like the "network TV show with a budget" look
>>
>>85756340
Theatrical versions? Civil War is easily a far better film.
>>
>>85756413
>nless you like the "network TV show with a budget" look
Nice meme bro.
>>
>>85756508
Truth is a meme i guess. GOTG is the ONLY MCU film with any sort of style to it. The rest look like generic shows with decent budgets. The costumes aren't even that good most of the time.

Give the WB Flash a 200 million dollar budget but the same shitty costumes, cinematography , etc. It would be much the same.
>>
>>85756340

>Civil War understands the finale of the film should focus on the actual characters in the conflict

>BvS gives us a useless Doomsday fight so Snyder can cram more Arthurian symbolism into the last act.
>>
>>85756551
At least attempt to have an original thought instead of just repeating whatever /tv/ tells you.
>>
>>85756555
wasted trips
Civil War ends with an unresolved conflict, whereas BvS has the heroes put aside their differences to stop Lex's death monster, then has Batman make plans with WW in case of future conflicts
but keep on with the "le 27%, everyone says it's bad" meme
>>
>>85756584
I was the one who first brought up that they looked like Big Budget tv shows, not to mention Joss Whedon and the Russo's TV background. Try again.
>>
>>85756600
>Civil War ends with an unresolved conflict,
Right when WB does it, it's building an arc, but no one else is capable of that. Yeah, no, you're totally "objective".
>>
>>85756670
see, this is why arguing on /co/ is useless. Because people ignore what they don't already want to agree with
Civil War ends with Captain America beating up Iron Man, now they hate each other, the rest of the avengers are still in superjail.
The story of BvS was finished. The villain was defeated, Superman was dead, and Batman is now preparing for any future conflict. That future conflict does not make the story of the movie incomplete, it simply leaves the possibility of a sequel
>>
>>85756620
>I'm going to ignore Favreau, Johnston, Leterrier. Brannagh, Black, Wright, and Reed in order to prove my point. BRAVO WHEDON LOL

At least you remembered Gunn. That's...something, i guess.
>>
>>85756755
>The villain was defeated, Superman was dead, and Batman is now preparing for any future conflict

>The villain was defeated,
Zemo is in jail.
> Superman was dead,
The Avengers are split
>Batman is now preparing for any future conflict.
Secret Avengers.

You're literally just going "it's only acceptable when my team does it". And absolutely the conflict wasn't resolved in BvS. The movie keeps going "must there be a Superman" and thinks that having him clean up a problem that only exists because of him (on multiple levels) is an answer to that. It poses the question of "what happens if he goes rogue" and then throws it out the window because "he's humanized!", thinking that after 2 movies of "humans suck" we're going to think that's a good thing.

Snyder sucks at denoument but let's ignore it because otherwise we might turn into reddit!
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (467KB, 621x3621px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
467KB, 621x3621px
>>85756234
I love the DC Films stuff. It's got everyone with a clear agenda pointing at random shit to try and fit their narrative.

>Ike Barnholtz - the supporting actor with a bit part as prison guard Griggs - said last year the cost of Suicide Squad is $250mil! This published $175mil budget that Warner Bros. put out is completely bullshit! Suicide Squad needs $1bil to break even!

Fight in pic has been going on for an hour.

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/status/768814901364011008

Meanwhile Suicide Squad is going to cross $300mil domestic and late $600mil worldwide, which will be at or above the worldwide total of GotG if you take out China and will have about equal or potentially over the legs of CW.
>>
>>85756821
I'd like to see how well Suicide Squad would have done without Batman and the Joker in it.
>>
>>85756821
>Mark Millar being snarky over someone else making dark edgy shit.
This faggot's hypocrisy never gets old.
>>
>>85755726
>That's the thing they do have talented people
Who? Snyder is definitely not one, and neither is Goyer.
>>
File: Independent UK.png (56KB, 919x265px) Image search: [Google]
Independent UK.png
56KB, 919x265px
>>85756894
It's "Harley Quinn and Her Friends." The movie would have done fine (and is doing fine) regardless. Expect to see a bunch more Harleys this October.
>>
No, but you mum's pussy is.
>>
>>85756821
Except you don't actually get the entire revenue of overseas theaters.

And the difference is that Guardians of the Galaxy being a somewhat success but receiving a ton of positive praise in the trail of a bunch of box office smashes is a lot different than Suicide Squad potentially only making a slight profit with negative feedback after releasing Man of Steel and BvS who were really poorly received and were nowhere near the profits of Marvel.
>>
File: 1457635295701.gif (384KB, 541x825px) Image search: [Google]
1457635295701.gif
384KB, 541x825px
>>85755848
Wow, someone else who has my same thought.
>>
>>85757041
>Suit gets better (even if I can barely tell because of the movie's lighting)
>Hair gets worse
>>
>>85757041
That blue in BvS is one of the worst things in recent comic book movies. It looks like shiny plastic, and everything just fucking blends in because they're afraid to put any color near his crotch because
MUH UNDERWEAR
the CW Superman suit looks much better.
>>
>>85756340
Civil War is a compent movie that does justice to its characters while BvS fails on basic storytelling.

You are literally a teenage Edgelord if you like BvS.
>>
>>85755918

Justice Lords is better fitting imo
>>
>>85757185
Fucking retard detected.
>>
>>85756234
Your the same delusional faggot that lurks these threads. None of the DCEU flopped, BUT THEYRE NOT MAKING GOOD MONEY IN WBs OPINION. Making just above budget isnt good business in this industry. BvS should have printed fucking money, yet it had a 60 percent drop the following weekend and got mixed reactions. Thats a big issue. Suicide Squad did okay since it had zero competition in August. The fact is WB is trying to rework everything in house and are still pinning for that big hit. Im hoping they can turn things around but evidence thus far shows WB is self-sabotaging unfortunately.
>>
>>85757317
*You're
FTFY

I'm not the same guy, don't worry.
>>
>>85757355
Thanks, I fucking hate it when I mistype that shit
>>
>>85755544
Only hope I see is in Affleck's Batman movie, Wonder Woman, or Shazam. Wan's not a great director, he really only makes just ok horror movies, so I doubt Aquaman will be that amazing

And Snyder is directing Justice League, so we all know how that's going to turn out
>>
>>85757509
Wonder Woman isnt looking good in my opinion. Ares hasnt even been confirmed and a lot of the mythical aspects seemed toned down, not to mention Im not really getting the compassion side of WW from the trailer. Also its release slot is a nightmare since Pirates, Bad Boys 3, Cars 3, and Kingsman 2 are all slated to release around the same time
>>
>>85757608
>not to mention Im not really getting the compassion side of WW from the trailer
Why are you expecting that at all?
>>
>>85757622
Thats actually a valid point. Fuck they're just going to do the warrior shit arent they?
>>
>>85755544
It's making money so it doesn't need saving.
>>
>>85757268
>I'm retarded for not praising a movie that tries to tie up all its many side plots with "the villian did it!"

Ok
>>
File: 1391896082482.jpg (156KB, 652x573px) Image search: [Google]
1391896082482.jpg
156KB, 652x573px
>>85755544
I like it so I could careless.
>>
>>85757665
You're talking about a character with a costume that's the color it is because it was dyed by the blood of her enemies over centuries.

The absolute best you can hope for from Wonder Woman is a generic "badass action girl" movie.
>>
>>85757873
I already kind of hate this Wonder Woman now
>>
>>85757730
I'm gonna tell you exactly what happened. About two weeks before BvS came out WB put out a press release saying "Our movie is probably too smart for plebs".

Then all the idiots went "I'M NOT A PLEB. DCEU FOR LIFE. IT'S TOO SMART FOR EVERYONE. EXCEPT ME. I'M SMART."

That's why literally every person defending the DCEU eventually goes "You just didn't understand it. I'm smart so I understood it, but you didn't. The only reason anyone might dislike this is if they're not smart. Like me"

They're playing directly into WB's designs by parading around naked going "Look at how fancy my new clothes are!"
>>
>>85756818
the conflict between the heroes is resolved in BvS
the conflict between the heroes is unresolved in Civil War
but BvS is still worse somehow
>>
File: DoE1345356.png (34KB, 1723x447px) Image search: [Google]
DoE1345356.png
34KB, 1723x447px
>>85755544
Dawn of Justice was a huge embarrassment. Just like the 2005 Fantastic Four film it had a strong opening but embarrassing drop in sales and highly negative feedback. Suicide Squad is having similar issues but the reviews are not as harsh however the film still suffered a hard dip.

The question is more of can they deal with the damage control.
Age of Ultron was badly reviewed and begged questions of what the future of MCU would look like. A month later Ant-man came out and put those fears to rest followed by Captain America 3. If Dr.Strange holds out at being a true new element to the MCU and is received well that keeps the Marvel money boat going quality be damned.

However DCEU is suffering from one bad screw up and a so/so film that is likely getting harder hits because of the first bad hit. It puts a lot of the hopes of Justice League's sales on how good or bad Wonder Woman dose. If WW is as much a embarrassment as BvS then JL will get awful sales and depending on how much they cut back on budget that could make this just a big money sucking pit losing any real profits.

That's what people both here and irl don't see. Yes these films are making money now but they are on names (Batman, Superman, Joker, Harley etc) which have gotten weaker as time goes on.

I really want DCEU to work but I doubt it can thanks to Zack having his hands in everything, hell his name alone might keep people away from JL, and the fact they just keep him on it begs more questions.
>>
>>85756303
>skwad
>reviews not as harsh

nigger what. The media was fucking blitzed with people insisting that Suicide Squad was worse than watching somebody murder your dog and calling it a hate crime.

Yet even then it's been the #1 movie in the fucking country for three weeks straight. No matter how you spin it it was a success.
>>
>>85758034
in both films the issue presented shouldn't be resolved in a single film.
>>
If Justice League is a legimately well-written, well-paced film, DC will be fine.

Most likely, it won't be.
>>
>>85755544
No GL
Aquaman is something different entirely
The Flash is just... weird
Needs more waifus
>>
>>85758034
Poor resolution is worse than no resolution.
>>
>>85758404
Mediocre success with no competition, but yeah a small one for WB. Doesnt deserve a lot of the shit its getting from critics but blame that on DCEU fatigue
>>
>>85758423
WB could literally slap a DC logo on Citizen Kane and it'd be called the worst movie ever made.

Disney made the Iron Man movies, Thor movies, AND Age of Ultron and got called the greatest filmmakers to ever live for it.
>>
>>85758477
>mediocre success

so Guardians was a failure?
>>
File: henry and ben.jpg (137KB, 870x1184px) Image search: [Google]
henry and ben.jpg
137KB, 870x1184px
>>85758454
>Needs more waifus

nigga wut
>>
>>85758587
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>85756340

I'm a huge DCfag, and even I can tell you that CW blew BvS out of the fucking water.

CW:
>cap and tony have 3-4 lengthy conversations about their respective positions that thoroughly explore their ideological conflict
>cap attempts to fully explain the situation before resorting to blows
>movie ends with both characters respecting the other's viewpoint & clearly explains why
>villain's plot is convoluted, but motivation clearly explained
>even most side characters have their motivations explored briefly

BvS:
>the only real ideological argument is an oblique conversation between our heroes' respective cover identities
>neither hero engages with Lex in a meaningful fashion
>Superman doesn't say the one sentence of "he has my mom" before the fight starts
>we learn virtually nothing about WW
>movie ends with us still not understanding why the fuck Lex did anything, beyond vague childhood abuse
>>
>>85755544
100% meme (kino) from now on until reboot.
>>
>>85758556
No one called the Thor movies fantastic anon, lets not kid ourselves.
>>85758581
Dont know, need to check the numbers on that one. Audience reception seemed fine IIRC but again Im not sure what it made or the budget.
>>85758628
Also the hyped up fight had next to no weight to it. Basically throwing each other around and ending on a wet fart.
>>
>>85756340
Civil War 8/10

BvS 5/10

But you can disagree.
>>
>>85758556
this post gets it
not saying Disney buys reviews but it's suspicious how their objectively shit superhero flicks like Age of Ultron get consistently good reviews while every DC movie gets bad reviews
>>
>>85758556
Stop this 'everyone hate DC' meme please. It's embarrassing.
>>
File: 26.0.jpg (51KB, 226x289px) Image search: [Google]
26.0.jpg
51KB, 226x289px
>>85755544
When you cast this, to play Wonder Woman...
>>
>>85756303

DCEU need a full reboot
New actors, producers and directors
>>
>>85758724
Id rather watch AoU again than BvS. That says a lot about the DCEU right now.
>>
>>85755818
55%?
I'm happy
>>
>>85758724
>objectively

Subjectively.
>>
File: unfallura.png (813KB, 1405x788px) Image search: [Google]
unfallura.png
813KB, 1405x788px
>>85755544
>Is it unsalvagable
If you're asking "Could the right people and ideas make future DCEU movies successful" the answer is yes. Nothing about the properties being used prevents a good movie from being made and movies (even those in a larger "universe" operate as individual entities so the negative features of previous films aren't too big of an issue.

If you're asking "will DC execs get themselves together and manage the movies properly, hiring the right people to make good movies" the answer is no. They chose Snyder and Goyer to helm a Superman franchsie. Their response to BvS under-performing was to freak the fuck out and spend extra money to butcher Suicide Squad. They've got no idea what the fuck they're doing and they'll never admit it because they like their ludicrous paychecks.
>>
>>85758753
Its no win either way. People are already getting reboot fatigue from X Men and Spider Man, not to mention it would be a shame to lose Ben and Henry.
>>
>>85755818
I believe in Affleck as a director.

His batman will be the highest rate DCEU.
>>
>>85756234
BvS was a flop. Only pulling around $800 mil+ worldwide on a $250 mil+ budget not including the massive marketing costs for the movie which came close to the prod budget. The movie was basically a $400 million dollar ad campaign for the Justice League movie, which will probably flop also.
>>
>>85758704

Agreed 100% about the fight. I don't even read Marvel, but the airport fight scene was so much more enjoyable than anything in BvS, and I say this as someone who thought that the MoS fights were far better than anything similar in the MCU.
>>
>>85756357

Have you ever read that script? Maxwell Lord was going to be played by Jay Baruchel and he'd talk with photos of dead babies. Barry Allen would be dead and there's so much retardation there it's baffling.

Jay motherfucking Baruchel!
>>
File: 1472150333210.jpg (230KB, 1300x468px) Image search: [Google]
1472150333210.jpg
230KB, 1300x468px
>>85756258
>>
>>85758853
I think the final fight at the snow base would be a better argument. There Steve and Tony were ragged, both their views were expressed during the fight, and their conflicted wasnt resolved immediately. Im mean sure Tony can call on Cap, but theres a distance between the characters now.
>>
>>85757317
>BUT THEYRE NOT MAKING GOOD MONEY IN WBs OPINION

Sure bro, that's why they keep ADDING new movies to the projected DCEu, because they are unhappy with the money. jesus christ
>>
>>85758753
You are fucking retard.
>>
What does /co/ think of Batman's mom?
>>
>>85758927
All of Miller's movies are better than Zack's best. Thus , I'm inclined to pick his Justice League over a board-driven New 52 movie.

And you list off Barry being dead like it's a BAD thing?
>>
>>85758628

The best scene of BvS was between Superman and Lex.
Superman tried to reason with Batman, but after being attacked attempted to put him down so that they could talk without Batman sperging out of control.
Wonder Woman lost faith in humanity, was going to flee scared of Batman and came back to help because it was time enough she came back to help humanity.
Lex did what he did because he despised Superman for the same reasons he despised his father: he thought Superman was a fraud trying to fool the world with his good Samaritan act. And because he wanted to show himself as better.

Also, complaining about Martha when the whole Bucky murdering the Starks in a VCR was just as contrived is picking favorites.
>>
>>85759084
Resident Evil is dogshit yet those keep getting cranked out. Just stop talking dumbass
>>
>>85755818
>Solid Batman/Bruce Wayne
>Good director with a great rack recorded meaning Critics will love it no matter what.
>He's taking his time because he holds a Batman movie in the highest of standards.
>Learning what to do and not to do from the other DC movies
More like 90%.
>>
>>85759090
MARTHA
>>
>>85759171

That scene was garbage, sorry anon. Supes barely even talked to Lex.

Lex the supergenius deciding to unleash an uncontrollable, world-ending Kryptonian mutant for some unfathomable reason was far, far more contrived than establishing that Tony Stark's dead parents, who happened to be foes to Hydra, had in fact been killed by a previously established assassin in Hydra's employ.
>>
>>85759247

Lex never cared about other people in the comics and he doesn't care about it in the movie. He created Doomsday thinking he'd be able to control and because he one of his creations to do the did against Superman. He had no faith that Batman would pull it off.

I've no problem with Hydra killing the Starks and making it look like an accident, but them sending Bucky, when they had other Winter Soldiers, and him being video-taped during the assassination was certainly pushing it. The fact that Cap kept his mouth shut about it and the video was acquired by the villain and played just in the right moment for the big between the heroes to happen was just a tad too much.
>>
>>85755544
>snyder still in control

yep
>>
>>85759355
>He created Doomsday thinking he'd be able to control

Please cite the specific bit of dialogue in the movie where Lex states or implies that he will be able to control Doomsday, because I sure as hell don't remember one.

Your ability to rationalize something does not resolve the film's failure to elaborate on Lex's motivations.
>>
>>85759355
>Lex had no faith Batman would pull it off
Then why did the first 2 hours of the movie where he's manipulating Batman exist?

>he thought he'd be able to control Doomsday
What makes you think that? What indication was given that he thought he could control Doomsday in any scene or dialogue?
>>
>>85755544
At this point, yes. Then again, at the same time, so is marvel.
>>
>>85759355
They didn't have other Winter Soldiers. The whole point of the mission was stealing the Supersoldier Serum samples so they could make more Winter Soldiers.
>>
>>85759178

We were talking about the money making bro, stop moving goalposts when you get BTFO. We all know DCEu first three movies are better than MCEU first three movies so it's pointless to argue that
>>
>>85759355
>when they had other Winter Soldiers
Not at that time, no. He killed Tony's parents to extract the serum to make the Winter Soldiers, and even then, those Winter Soldiers were still being trained and then went AWOL.
>>
>>85759444
Oh Im moving goalposts? Then tell me, if the DCEU is making fantastic money, then why is WB reworking their entire production and methods in house, and why did they edit Suicide Squad into oblivion in an effort to cater to a wider audience? Also what the fuck kind of comparison is that when Iron Man came out in 2008 and the MCU was just gaining momentum?
>>
>>85756821
>a full grown comic writer literally buying /tv/'s accountingposting meme

I cringed pretty hard amigos
>>
>>85759084
>Sure bro, that's why they keep ADDING new movies to the projected DCEu, because they are unhappy with the money. jesus christ
The CEO of Warner staked his reputation on the DCEU. He wouldn't cancel them unless he is being fired.
>>
>>85759664
>gee man why do they keep investing more and more money into this project? that has to mean they lose money with the project hehe

Your brain on marlel
>>
>>85759355
>Bucky, when they had other Winter Soldiers,

Bucky was the only Winter Soldier at the time and he was their very top asset, assassination-wise. It makes sense that they would use him for killing Howard Stark and taking the serum; it's hard to imagine a higher priority mission for Hydra.

The video tape was a contrivance to make it more dramatic but Tony's turn could have easily happened without it. It's only a problem if you are explicitly looking for plot holes.

and him being video-taped during the assassination was certainly pushing it.
>>
If there is going to be a reboot, the best time to reboot would be the Flash movie.

However all DC needs is one good movie that pleases the fans,casuals and critics.Once they get that breakthrough, they must base their future films around that franchise.

The problem is that none of the movies we know about look to be that breakthrough movie.
>>
>>85760306

They only need a movie that pleases the critics though. They are bringing the cash and casuals love DC movies (maybe because Snyder is the epitome of a casual comic reader) for now and fans will never be pleased, but in the long run, if the narrative is that "DC movies are always shit lmao", a big flop is coming sooner or later. They need a critic darling even if it bombs, to cover that flank

Other than that, they are doing okay really. They are the WB flagship franchise and making 3x the budget against the critics. Fuck my normie friends are excited about a fucking Aquaman movie, if you have told me that 5 years ago...
>>
>>85755544
It's got good casting and lots of money behind it.
If they get rid of Snyder and stop trying to copy the Marvel formula by butchering their movies in post, it can be saved.
>>
>>85760460
>They are bringing the cash

BvS was a financial disappointment, if not a failure.
>>
>>85755544
Pretty much.
>>
>>85758587
Ben and Henry dakis WHEN
>>
>>85760672
>not muh billion

Good meme
>>
>>85760672
You're not going to convince him anon
>>
>>85760460
Look, all movies are not created equal.

BvS, for all the revenue it generated, was not a success.

Beyond the fact that the budgets for these films goes far FAR beyond the production costs, there are profit goals that investors expect to be met. Sinking 500 million into a movie that only generated 550 million in revenue doesn't make any financial sense and will hurt the company that made the film.

The entire point of spending so much money on one film is that it's supposed to be a surefire hit that will double its budget domestically
>>
>>85759246
WHADIJASAYTHATNAAAAAME?!?!?!?!?
>>
>>85755544
I'm enough of a DC faggot that I'll continue watching these movies holding out hope it'll be good.
>>
>>85760795

Do you have literally any reply beyond the word "meme"?

It underperformed, full stop. Or did you think WB started to clean house after BvS because they were so thrilled with how well the film did?
>>
>>85760857
>>85760831

It was a success though, you just didn't like it. Critics killed its legs but still made almost 900M (more than 3 times its production budget, more than enough to cover some magically growing marketing costs you marvelcucks want to make up), and it's selling blurays like candy. There is one way to know if it underperformed or not: if the investors and cofinancers got scared away like with ASM2 or not. Well we know that didn't happen.

They cleaned the house because the movie did hurt the brand when it was supposed to be a 3 hour trailer for the entire extended universe. It failed in that regard but keep in mind that Snyder still at large, more movies are getting approved and SS is making 650M without China as we speak. SOrry to trigger you guys, just facts here
>>
>>85758628
>>85758704
>>85758853
These fucking posts exactly for me.

Can the DCEU be salvaged? Honestly, as a major DCfag, probably not. The well's already been poisoned.

Do an author's saving throw, reboot it entirely, and apologize to everybody.
>>
>>85755544
Depends if Justice League turns out well. If yes, there's hope. If not, I don't really see how this can turn out well.
>>
>>85759090
I would shoot her with muh dicc
>>
>>85755544
No, it's fiction, it'll always be salvageable in some way
Whether or not it WILL be salvaged is another matter
>>
File: justice league jam band.jpg (266KB, 1492x662px) Image search: [Google]
justice league jam band.jpg
266KB, 1492x662px
Other than the editing that WB did to BvS(which was fixed in UE) and SS, I actually prefer the DCUE over Fox and marvel. I like that the movie universe is so different than the comics. They just need better writers and for WB to stop butchering the movies and I'm good.
>>
>>85759182
Honestly yea, as terrible as these DC movies have been, I really believe in batfleck.

He's a decent bruce and actually seems to give a shit.
>>
>>85759182
I think that Ben Affleck will do his very best.

I'm not confident that studio execs and editors will leave him be, however.
>>
>>85762439
What kind of music would the league play?
>>
Unsalvagable? MoS and BvS where the greatest superhero movies ever put on screen.
>>
>>85758587
The only thing DCEU has gotten right. I want to be sandwiched between these two

>>85762526
I don't know, is Affleck known for not taking shit on his own projects?
>>
>>85762439
>Other than the editing that WB did to BvS(which was fixed in UE)
KEK
>>
>>85762647
What editing wasn't fixed in the UE? All the plot points make sense in the UE.
>>
>>85756906
Suicide Squad could have been a good damn movie if execs didnt get cold feet and chop it up into a substance less mush of a movie
>>
>>85755544
Where are Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Shazam ?
>>
>>85764114
At least GL
>>
People have made this point before but
>BvS hype before release
>"This movie might be too smart for regular audiences to understand"
>movie gets panned by critics
>"We only care what the audience thinks"

Snyderfags will defend that.
>>
>>85764381
Snyderfags. Not even once.
>>
>>85758285
weather you belive that one employee letter or not it does beg the question of why Snyder is kept on if jobs are being lost and money is falling down the drain
>>
>>85764453
I'm convinced that a majority of Snyderfags only do it because they hate the MCU because "quips" or "tumblr" or "reddit" or whatever. They don't care how shitty the alternative is so long as they have one.
>>
>>85755544
THis is a difficult question to answer.
SS = Dc attempt to create a popcorn flick and it is good box office wise (personally I hated it).
MoS = a rebirth to wash away Supes Returns (failure to bring in male audiences)
BvS = a quick launch to jump into JL (mixed from general audiences)

IF they can mix SS popcorn crap while fusing it with MoS/BvS realism then yes they can create a film to appease both fans.
>>
File: fucking degenerates.jpg (2KB, 147x147px) Image search: [Google]
fucking degenerates.jpg
2KB, 147x147px
>>85762439
mfw
>>
>>85764639
I like snyderverse because I grew up watching reruns of the donner films and the disappointment of Superman Returns. MoS is flawed but a good popcorn flick and this is coming from someone living in NYC.
>>
>>85762526
>I'm not confident that studio execs and editors will leave him be, however.

I think they'll give him more wiggle room. The biggest challenge will be getting a good script.
>>
>>85764639
They're contrarians. And I'm also convinced myself that a majority of them do not even read comics or have any real respect for the DC universe.
>>
>>85762439
its not THAT different than the comics desu.
>>
>>85755544
Yeah, they fucked up BvS. That had the potential to be their Avengers. They should take it easy after JL, wait some months after Avengers 4 (MCU can't get bigger after this imo), and soft reboot from MOS 2, Batman and JL 2.
>>
>>85763990
But it wouldn't have been a GOOD movie regardless.
>>
>>85755544

MCU really didn't take off until Avengers so Justice League is pretty much their last chance. But if WB is persistent and manages to fix things up, even a mediocre JL could lead to them keeping in it.
>>
>>85767959
i dunno i mean the over all plot would have still been bleh and Waller probably would have been stupid, but the actual title characters might have been, ya know, characters
>>
File: Always a way.jpg (758KB, 1920x1476px) Image search: [Google]
Always a way.jpg
758KB, 1920x1476px
Nothing is truly unsalvagable anon
>>
If they make Superman cheer the fuck up, I will forgive literally everything. That's all it will take.
>>
>>85756340
I mean dude I'm not even remotely a marvelfag and subscribe to the "They are all too boring and samey" train of though but BvS was most definitely not better than Civil War. Civil War somehow managed to be a better Avengers movie than the actual Avengers movies(which are garbage)
>>
>>85756413
Unfortunately, the visual style is about all Snyder has going for him. He's really good at aesthetics but not so good at anything else.
>>
>>85769346
The actual Avengers movies are ensemble messes. They suffer from not having a proper central character. Civil War was centered on Cap, even with the split focus on the rest of the cast.

Age of Ultron should have focused more on Iron Man and his relationship with his creation, Ultron. That's the only way to make Ultron work. Without his Oedipus complex, he's just an angrier Skynet. There were traces of it in the movie but it wasn't treated seriously.
>>
File: 64564.jpg (108KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
64564.jpg
108KB, 900x506px
>>85764114
>>85764190
Soon.
>>
>>85769346
>>85770358
Civil War not only managed to be the best Avengers film, it managed to be the best Iron Man film too.
>>
Look at all the scrapped DC movies that were THIS close to being filmed. Aside from George Miller's JL they were all basically shit.

They haven't known what to do with non-Batman characters for decades, and they've even dropped the ball on him more than a couple times now
>>
>>85771951

>Look at all the scrapped DC movies that were THIS close to being filmed. Aside from George Miller's JL they were all basically shit.

I would love to take a look at the alternate universe where that Kevin Smith/Tim Burton Superman movie actually got made.
>>
>>85771951
>Look at all the scrapped DC movies that were THIS close to being filmed. Aside from George Miller's JL they were all basically shit.
It's kind of scary to know that, of all the possible things that could've happened, the Snyderverse as it is now is probably the least awful.
>>
>>85755544
nah

it wouldbe funny if they were actually gearing up for the Authority
>>
File: Ben Affleck Batman.jpg (420KB, 1536x1006px) Image search: [Google]
Ben Affleck Batman.jpg
420KB, 1536x1006px
>>85755544
I don't think so.
>>
>>85755640
Alternate universe or time-travel reboots suck because everything bad is still canon.

Sure Days of Future Past reset the timeline but X-3 and Oranges: Tangerine still technically happened.

If you've got a disaster and want to start over, you scrap everything and start fresh. Batman Begins does not acknowledge Batman and Robin. In its universe the older films never happened.
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.