[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know nothing about this show at all but why is pretty much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 30

File: steven_560x230.png (57KB, 560x230px) Image search: [Google]
steven_560x230.png
57KB, 560x230px
I know nothing about this show at all but why is pretty much every single character a fatty?
>>
>>85545837
Confirmation Bias.
>>
Pearl isn't fat
>>
>>85545837
>every character.

Well obviously you don't know much about the show.
>>
File: 1462634154238.jpg (59KB, 701x701px) Image search: [Google]
1462634154238.jpg
59KB, 701x701px
It's a american show.
What the fuck did you expect
>>
>>85545855
>poil
>lapis
>memedot
>jasper
>>
"It's progressive."
>>
File: blythe_grin.png (1MB, 1654x938px) Image search: [Google]
blythe_grin.png
1MB, 1654x938px
Because fat acceptance is an important SJW cause, and the show was made to strategically pander to SJWs
>>
File: lPGSPp.jpg (147KB, 460x750px) Image search: [Google]
lPGSPp.jpg
147KB, 460x750px
Because the Steven Universe crew follow a very intricate and subversive design philosophy.

Let me illuminate you on said design philosophy with this infographic.

I hope this is helpful to you.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 539x566px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 539x566px
That's true for some SU characters, but there's more fatties in GF and they actually fap to them
>>
>>85545920
>All the cute fat characters in GF are boys
If Wendy had ever gotten as fat as Soos I think I would have died from fapping.
>>
There's more fat character in Graviry Falls, yet no one mentions that for some reason.

And it's not like SU has episodes encouraging people to be fat.
Maybe because being fat isn't the butt of a joke people mistake it for acceptance?
>>
>>85545837
>I know nothing about this show at all but why does it's fandom take every shitty bait that gets dangled in front of them?
>>
>>85545995
SU has a reputation for being SJW, so everything that is even remotely related to the TUMBLR AGENDA is highlighted and broadcasted throughout all of /co/.
>>
>>85545837
There are a Grand total of 3 continually fat characters, ignoring Smoky Quartz because she is useless and doesn't exist anymore. But I guess if the MC and 2 side characters makes up "everyone" for you then you're right. Everyone is fat.
>>
>>85546168
There's more than that. Both Steven's parents are pretty big people, and Renaldo isn't exactly thin. Sadie's a little chubby too.
>>
>>85545995

Stephen himself has actually gotten noticeably less fat as the show went on. Probably because of all that exercise fighting gem monsters and running away from things.

He still has Quartz genetics and he eats like a pig, so he will never be lean, but he is about as stongfat as a kid his age can be.
>>
>>85545837

To compensate for the really thin characters such as Garnet, Peridot, Lapis, Connie, Peedee, Jamie, Lars and especially Pearl.
>>
>>85546208
None of the Cool Kids are fat.
And there was a whole episode about escaping from pizza so you can do cardio instead.
>>
>>85546310
Sure. I'm not saying that all the characters are fat. I'm just saying that there are more than three.
>>
>>85545837

There's more thin as a nail characters than fat ones, and the thin ones are usually the ones who are presented as hot. There's also no glorification of the currently alive fat ones, they're all slobs and misfits with self esteem issues.

Steven's dead mom is the only "fatty" who is also presented as beautiful and capable, and her size is due to muscle rather than fat, as she was bred to be a huge warrior.

Also Steven himself turns into a hot athletic girl sometimes, pic related
>>
>>85546208
>Sadie's a little chubby

Yes, she is.... mmmmm....
>>
>>85546404
>they're all slobs and misfits with self esteem issues

Even Smokey Quartz, which is just bullshit.
>>
>>85546462
>fat misfit slob and chubby (at that point in the show) boy fuse
>both have a lot of self esteem issues
>fuse in to someone who has terrible self esteem issues and is fat

How is this bullshit at all?

Stupid fucking anons.
>>
>>85546462

Smoky presents her self esteem issues as self deprecating, fusing allows Steven and amethyst to joke about their insecurities without feeling bad.
>>
>>85546669

I mean Smokey shouldn't have self-esteem. She's only existed for about twenty minutes and in that timespan kicked Jasper's ass and saved her friends from a collapsing pocket dimension.

I say 'she' because Smokey's VA is female.
>>
>>85546852

...shouldn't have self-esteem PROBLEMS. Goddamn it.
>>
Part of its an art style thing. Muscle and fat are drawn the same way. Jasper and Greg's arms are drawn the same. It's unclear exactly how fat/muscular Rose and Amethyst are supposed to be, even Steven at this point.
>>
>>85546919
"Progressive" explains everything well
>>
>>85546868

YTou are presuming that only what happens during SQs existence is what matters, instead of the ingredients that go into the mix.

SQ was built on the foundation of the emotional connection between Amythest and Steven, one that is based on the empathy of know what its like to be a worthless freak. Self esteem issues are literally the bedrock of her entire existence. She could spend 100 years doing nothing but badass things, but she would still be insecure as fuck because the moment she stops being a mess of self esteem problems she would instantly break apart back into Steven and Amythest.
>>
>>85546955

Stop being in such a rush to include the memewords that make you mad in posts on the internet. You don't earn points for doing it.
>>
File: That's not how you bait.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
That's not how you bait.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>85545837
>I know nothing about this show
>why is pretty much every single character a fatty?
>of the 14 characters that are reoccurring only 4 are fat.
>>
>>85547352
Hmm.... triggered?
>>
>>85545837
Why people are mad when someone say chubby characters in this show are fat
>>
>>85547331

True, that is what was heavily implied by what Sardonyx said: a quality they have in common and which is magnified in the fusion...

I wonder if that will change.

Will Smokey look different if their psychology changes?
>>
File: image.png (856KB, 926x747px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
856KB, 926x747px
>>85545966
>forgetting about Grenda and Lazy Susan
>>
>>85548145
What do Rose and Pearl have in common that RQ magnifies? Elegance and bitch-ness?
>>
>>85548644
Interesting. How about other fusions?

Why was Malachite so big and powerful?
What connects Steven and Connie (please don't say love, they're kids that cannot comprehend that yet)?
What makes Opal, Opal?
>>
>>85548644

We know so little about Rose, really. Only that she was like a 3-year-old when she saw something cute.

All things being equal, she didn't seem to have much of anything in common with Pearl. Just like Ruby and Sapphire: opposites attract?

>>85548845
>Why was Malachite so big and powerful?

Jasper, the ultimate Quartz, and Lapis with her unique powers (would Malachite have been smaller on Mars because no water?).
Then again, when Jasper fused with Ocean Quartz-monster the outcome wasn't THAT big, was it? Then again, that was technically a homofusion. But if the rule is "the more different they are, the stronger the fusion" then that would contradict my earlier reasoning.
Lapis has hidden depths, it seems. We haven't seen her shapeshift yet.

Also: Pretty sure Opal is a good deal bigger than Rainbow Quartz.
>>
>>85548845
>What connects Steven and Connie (please don't say love, they're kids that cannot comprehend that yet)?
They are teenagers
>>
File: 5465664566.png (536KB, 891x636px) Image search: [Google]
5465664566.png
536KB, 891x636px
>>85545837
pretty much, it's aimed for manchilds, sjw's and trannys who are fat and confused with the chemicals in the brain.
>>
>>85548845
>Steven and Connie
Well I can be vague and say "growing up" or perhaps "experience" them fusing into Stevonnie seems to generally about experiencing new things. They combine to form a teenager/young adult that drives, goes on and dances and shit, and also works together to fight off bad guys.

>Opal
Well Amethyst's rowdy, Pearl's uptight, but the big time they fused they basically did so when "things got serious" they put aside their differences and worked efficiently together to protect and accomplish a goal.

>Malachite
She was the most elaborated on in regards to the "sentient relationship and bedrock experience" aspect. She's all about feeling betrayed, self loathing, and hating the planet they're on.
>>
>>85549350
What the fuck is going on with her hair, fucking shit shit shit design dude. look at those horribly drawn curls and lopsided bangs.
Did they just want to make her an ugly cunt? lol
>>
File: a58.jpg (25KB, 337x404px) Image search: [Google]
a58.jpg
25KB, 337x404px
>>85545880
>cherrypicking
>>
File: l843910472.jpg (15KB, 176x365px) Image search: [Google]
l843910472.jpg
15KB, 176x365px
>>85549350
you cucks can think all you want but in reality if this bitch was a real woman she'd look like trash
>>
>>85548845

>What connects Steven and Connie (please don't say love, they're kids that cannot comprehend that yet)?

Steamy hot underage sex.

Also they are 12 and 14 and most kids are already lusting after their classmates at 8.
>>
>>85549467
Yeah, but at least she's "stronk independen"
>>
It's not that the characters are fat. It's that only Opal, Rainbow, Lapis and Peridot have "conventionally attractive" body types while the rest are either obese, rail-thin or have some sort of impossible waist-to-hip ratio.

The show definitely promotes fat acceptance with Steven and Amethyst, but I still like it because none of this really is painted as an important issue in the show, it's just how they look. I definitely don't want to watch things like capeshit where there are only four body types: woman, skinny man, man, and big man.
>>
Because everyone working on it is a special snowflake fishing for praise because they're "so progressive" and "socially conscious".
>>
File: 1464907572669.jpg (8KB, 284x339px) Image search: [Google]
1464907572669.jpg
8KB, 284x339px
>>85545837
As somebody who is morbidly obese I seriously wish mainstream media would stop trying to normalize being fat. It's horrible, I'm probably going to die an early and preventable death from overeating and I have all sorts of health problems because of my weight. This shouldn't be the norm, people shouldn't feel okay about being overweight. It's horrible and once you are overweight your body's chemistry changes and it's a downward spiral that is statistically nearly impossible to get out of.
>>
>>85549467
Except she's a supersoldier who can lift trucks
>>
>>85546404
>There's more thin as a nail characters than fat ones,
name anyone other than pizza's,stevonnie,conny,lapis and pearl.
>>
>>85549407
Also Garnet and most of the townies who aren't middle aged guys.

I really hope you're trying to ruse us.
>>
>>85549407
>Cherrypicking
>Over half the cast
>>
>>85545891
I used to think that too until I watched it; as long as you avoid certain episodes, it's pretty good.
>>
>>85545918
>someone makes a 4chan one
>Its just a stick figure with tits, breast, and vagina.

Same coin mate. Same coin.
>>
>>85549767
Name anyone fat other than Greg, Steven, Amethyst and Dead Rose.
>>
Screaming and crying:the show.
>>
>>85550058
But we aren't even allowed to avatarfag.
>>
>>85550072
Ronaldo
>>
>>85549767
peridot, centipeetle once she reforms, lars, jamie, marty, kevin, peedee, sour cream, and buck.

there's also characters who aren't super skinny but aren't fat either, like jasper, garnet, ruby, sapphire, the diamonds and a bunch of townies (fryman, mr. smiley, connie's parents, etc.)
>>
>>85550072
Sadie
>>
>>85549767
>Name one other than these five I just named
I mean, do I have to? you seem to be doing well on your own.
>>
>>85550072
jasper, sadie, garnet, bismuth,
>>
>>85549581
>>>/fit/
>>
>>85550072
the mayor, black guy, onions dad.
>>
>>85545837
Steven starts out fat, but as the show goes on he's just stocky.
>>
File: 916.jpg (5KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
916.jpg
5KB, 224x225px
>>85550206
>Being buff is the same as being fat
>>
>>85550058
Someone should post all of the characters drawfags have created here so I don't have to see this retarded opinion.
>>
>>85548845
Malachite: Two high quality gem fusions based on violence and wanting to let off steam.

Stevonnie: Love/affection. Love doesn't need to be that deep and its pretty fucking clear they think along the same wave length.

Opal: Dedication on both halves to X. Its why a strong breeze makes her come apart and she has a shit memory span.

Sugliate: Amy/Ruby's love to smash and be independent.

>>85549576
I got to ask. You watch this show from Japan? Because even before the fat acceptance movement, the average American came in the various body types displayed on this show.

I don't see how a show can promote fat acceptance when:

1. The nation's audience (often) looks much worst than the actual ones in it.
2. No where in the show is fat verbally accepted/rejected. Hell we had an entire episode dedicated to getting /fit/.
>>
>>85550322
>Because even before the fat acceptance movement, the average American came in the various body types displayed on this show.

Hahaha fucking stupid burger
>>
>>85550261
And I'm sure I could go on tumbler and find pictures made that are the anti-tumbler.

Bottom line both sites are full of whinny bitches who whine about the same shit and think they have some rightous right opinion on the world.
>>
>>85550361
You just wait till go kart racing becomes an Olympic sport 3rd worlder.
>>
>>85545837
The show dosen't encourage being fat. https://youtu.be/UFctQMCs3k4
>>
>>85550370
But what's important is that you've found a way to feel superior to both while still wasting your time on both.
>>
>>85550206
>Garnet
she's thicc but not fat, she has a wasp waist goddammit
>Sadie
she's a bit chubby, true
>Jasper and Bismuth
they're both bulky and muscular because one is a warrior and the other is a blacksmith but neither is fat
>>
>>85546280
Steven is actually fucking crazy strong; he can lift an entire set of DJing tools that requires two full grown men to carry, heft around a mini-fridge like a back pack, and break a arcade machine with his barehands
>>
>>85550392
Those characters are seen working out only for that one song, in that one episode. They went to the beach and did some pushups one time.
>>
>>85550433
Strongfat is still fat anon. It at least applies to Bismuth.
>>
>>85549407
>Garnet
>Lars
>Mr Smiley
>Mayor Dewey
>Yellow Diamond
>The Pizza Peeps
>Kevin

Just die.
>>
File: b94f3434114591.5605f151b981f.jpg (127KB, 401x590px) Image search: [Google]
b94f3434114591.5605f151b981f.jpg
127KB, 401x590px
>>85550433
>she has a wasp waist goddammit
yeah its called a stylistic choice but its not an hourglass figure and hell akburs jasmine type hourglass does not exist
>>
>>85546280
No he hasn't.
>>
>>85546280
Who the fuck is Stephen? non of the crystal gems are fat because they eat too much, they are fat because they want to be/its their true self. Hell they can change shape and age. only peridot is stuck being a midget
>>
>>85550427
Way to miss the entire point with an ad hominem
>>
File: CaR_77.png (573KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
CaR_77.png
573KB, 1366x768px
>>85551086
You know who he's talking about, don't be a pedant
>>
>>85551115
Do you think I can spell any of the names?I have to check it all in google, everytime. All must suffer as I suffer
>>
Gotta say.. I had put this show off since the art and first episode sorta made me go "Meh.. it doesn't look that good"

But then I gave it another shot and hoooly crap. This show is awesome
>>
>>85545837
Yes, except for pearl, but she is flat as a table.
>>
>>85551165
the only thing fat about her is her forehead
>>
>>85550228

Its really not that simple. Only a fraction of adults who were significant;y overweight can keep the weight off even if they go maximum fit, because your body considers your heaviest weight to be your new 'default', and treats your much healthier fit self as 'literally starving to death holy shit how did it come to this'. Your body WANTS to be fat, your metabolism slows way the fuck down, and while you deplete the contents of your existing fat cells they never actually go away. They are always there, lurking, waiting for the opportunity to swell back up.

It takes a complete and total lifestyle change, and the will to stick with that change for the rest of your life, to keep the weight off for more than a couple years. For most people, that's not realistically possible.

Obesity is like aids: your best chance is to avoid getting it in the first place, because once you have it there are painful measures you can take to reduce its impact on your life but its never really going away and its probably going to kill you.
>>
>>85551086

only one of the crystal gems is fat

you are saying "they" to refer to one person
>>
>>85551263

85549581 here

Yes exactly. That's why it shouldn't be normalized. People should look at fat people like myself with disgust. It should be something to be avoided at all costs and not something idolized. It's horrible and a huge public health concern.
>>
>>85551333

>normalized
>idolized

you're going to have to point out where any of that happens in steven universe.
>>
>>85551287
both steven and armrest are crystal gems. rose is fat too but I don't know how much she eat, so Im not saying anything about that
>>
>>85551333
are you saying we should be disgusted by the sick?
>>
>>85551423

>he doesn't make disgusted sounds and point and scream at people when they sneeze

thanks for holding back the human race, you dirty fucking leftist
>>
>>85548644
Thirst. Pearl for Rose, Rose for humans.

>>85549544
Sheesh, what elementary school did you go to? I don't recall anyone overtly lusting after each other when I was in second grade.
>>
>>85550058
/co/ likes flatulent muscle girls, /v/ likes traps, /tv/ likes little girls, etc.
>>
>>85551111
what a waste of double trips
>>
>>85546404
yeah, and when you look at rose's waistline, shes actually pretty thin herself anyway.

also its made pretty clear pretty quickly that rose is idolized by the gems but is otherwise not reverred or shone in a positive light. everything revealed about her shows she was definitely an incredible leader, but otherwise a liar, a brute, and very skeevy all around
>>
>>85551423

We shouldn't pretend that its not a problem and that its an equally valid life choice. There are major downsides beyond the social stigma. Removing the social stigma won't suddenly make the health issues or the fact that its a one way street vanish.

Until medical science comes up with some kind of treatment to re-normalize your body so that you are actually able to keep the weight off after you lose it, obesity is not something we can afford to encourage. Because, as it is, the ONLY group of people with a high success rate of keeping off a weight loss of 20 or more pounds are the people who get surgery to do so, such as stomach banding and liposuction.

If you need surgery to fix the condition, its a major sickness.
>>
>>85545837
sucrose is one of those dudes that believes everyone is special no matter what they are
>>
>>85549350
What the fuck is with the lips in this show?
>>
File: garnetseesstevonnie.jpg (128KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
garnetseesstevonnie.jpg
128KB, 1136x640px
>>85550206
>Garnet
>fat
Her waist is fucking tiny.
>>
>>85550247

>mayor Dewey

>fat

Off yourself
>>
>>85551691
Her head is bigger than her waist.Fat is not just about the waist
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (108KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
108KB, 1920x1080px
>>85551752
yep im sure its all just the suit, pay no attention to the plump face
>>
>>85550058
but they already made the 4chan one

it's exactly what you said except thicc

>>85546404
>that gif

the ass was fat

>>85551591
>incredible leader
mate he arguably lost the war due to stubborn idealism.

Her positive trait seems to be having a heart of gold.

>>85548845
>please don't say love, they're kids that cannot comprehend that yet
Mate they are 14

Simple addition? Both Jasper and Lazuli are top tier gems. We don't really know to what extent size correlates to power, see opal and rainbow quartz

For Opal, Pearl's discipline controls and polishes Amethyst's abilities

>>85551469
I recall a group of girls [spoilers]bullying[/spoiler] the local chad into kissing them when at the tender age of 11
>>
>>85546159
How is it SJW
I hear it said a lot but no one says why
>>
>>85552090
she was over powered from the beginning, but still managed to convert people over to her side with what sounded like relative ease, make her mark by killing one of the opponents OP leaders, and still walked out of the war with her independence, and prevented the further colonization of the planet she was stubbornly trying to protect.

it was a losing battle, but the fact she walked out with her life intact and retains the undying loyalty of the few survivors (that she didnt lock away for completely justified reasons when you look at the grand scheme of things) and her cause is still converting the opposing side even after her death reads to me like she was one hell of a leader
>>
>>85548845
>What connects Steven and Connie
emotion. it does not seem to take much of stranger gems to fuse.
>>
>>85552219
a lot of new eps seem to be about emotions.
>>
>>85552331
nigga what
>>
>>85545837
So the fat fans have someone to cosplay as.
>>
>>85552301
I'm starting to notice that people here don't really grasp just how shitty war actually is.

You can't just deny using a development that will give an advantage to your army. Under all intents and purposes you are deliberately crippling your own.

Beyond that, we don't even know Rose's motivations. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't give a fuck about the rebellion and just cared about earth. No other objective was accomplished. The rebels where crushed. I doubt your average crystal gem would have wanted that.
>>
>>85546208
Greg is pushing 40 now. He was hot when he was in his 20s, but that was 15 years ago.
>>
>>85552617
dude im not justifying her, i said she was idolized but otherwise painted in a negative light i mean damn she literally uprooted a colony, she flat out turned on her own kind and murdered their leader and it resulted in loads of death

what im saying is she knows how to lead and get people to do whatever she needs them to do, regardless of her motives. its like

wait for it

hitler
>>
>>85552219
>Steven Universe has a tranny fusion, interracial relationships, multiple fatass heroes (because fatness is healthy and normal), an emasculated fat white boy protagonist who is constantly crying and needs a group of magical women to take care of him, and a sassy black lesbian fusion rapping about how a villain doesn't like them because she's single and is just jealous that her gay "relationship is stable"
>somehow this isn't SJW
You people are so immersed in social justice that you can't even discern it anymore.
>>
>>85551867
Young Greg also has a plump face and he was buff as shit.
>>
>>85549407
Literally most of the gems we see onscreen
also
>bismuth
>>
>>85552926
Or maybe your just so obsessed with an idiotic boogeyman that you see it everywhere you go.
>>
>>85552617
This is why we didn't stop dropping nuclear weapons on our enemies after World War 2.
>>
File: kek with the hood.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
kek with the hood.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>85551199
>>
>>85545837

I have come here to explain that laughing at fat people is an ancient custom
>>
Lets see...

Steven, Amethyst, Sadie, kinda Greg I guess? Ronaldo, Rose...

That's all I can think of, for fat.
>>
>>85545837
Half the cast is fat, the other half is skinny. Normal for a American mid-western town.
>>
File: image.png (54KB, 270x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
54KB, 270x363px
>>85546404
>rose
>fat
???
>>
File: e77.png (713KB, 1593x5000px) Image search: [Google]
e77.png
713KB, 1593x5000px
>>85550058
you mean powerman?
>>
>>85554685
4chan has the inability to distinguish someone who is not skinny or fat. So we just call them fat.
>>
File: 1471379039933.jpg (401KB, 1242x820px) Image search: [Google]
1471379039933.jpg
401KB, 1242x820px
>>85549767
You just listed off a total of 7 people, but okay, let's go down a list,
-3 of the pizzas
-sour cream and his mom(and his real dad)
-buck and his dad
-Laramie and his mom
-connie, and both her parents
-all the pearls, lapis, peridot, yellow diamond, blue diamond, not going to count the fusions
-jamie
-peedee
-jane the movie girl
-~Kevin~

And probably more, but at my count...24 thin people, more if you count fusions and muscley people like jasper, garnet, rose, Sadie's mom, sapphire and the rubies

Now someone count the fat people, for science
>>
>>85545859
/thread.
>>
why do people only seem to give a fuck about fat people in tv shows when theyre in cartoon form? they are everywhere on tv filling in the same spots on a script as they do on any other tv show

fat people exist, and they exist in higher numbers than shown in steven universe, so why is there a witch hunt every time a fat character appears in a cartoon
>>
>>85545837
Out of the recurring/main characters...

Steven
Rose
Amethyst
Greg
Sadie
Yellowtail
Ronaldo
Ronaldo's father
Onion
Barb

Compared to...

Garnet
Pearl
Lars
Sour Cream
Buck
Jenny
Lapis
Peridot
Jasper
Mayor Dewey
Kiki
Kofi
Connie
Connie's father
Connie's mother
Harold
Kevin
Marty

Pretty sure I named ALL the fat people, and most of the non-fat people, I also included people who're less fat, such as onion. So that's 10 against 18, nearly one third of the cast, with all of the fat people named, and most of the not fat people named.

In other words, you're talking out your ass.
>>
So, uh

if someone were to, for instance, be considering starting to watch Steven Universe, where would be a good place to watch it, and is there anything I should skip?
>>
File: ruby bread.png (88KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
ruby bread.png
88KB, 500x406px
>>85552926

if you see an interracial couple or fat people and think "sjw" maybe the problem is you, not the cartoon.
>>
>>85554841
>in a cartoon
Literally just steven universe. There's fat characters in other shows but people pretty much only bitch about it when it's Steven Universe. If you want to know why people target Steven Universe, it's because the show is tumblr's darling so it's low hanging fruit
>>
>>85554685
T H I C C
>>
>>85554985

start from the first episode
dont skip anything
it starts off slow
>>
>>85554992

Basically 4chan is an awful place to get any kind of discussion or opinion unless you feel like digging through mountains of shit for a good post.
>>
>>85552617

The breaking point was a terrible idea for the Crystal Gems. It would have escalated the war to new heights by raising the stakes of battle, making it MORE likely that Homeworld would have resorted to the corruption weapon earlier in the war, while at the same time denying the rebellion its only source of growth by cutting off any chance of homeworld soldiers being turned to the cause of the rebellion.

You can't free gems that are dead, and the risk of being shattered if they get captured would drive away all but the most desperate loyalist gems who might otherwise have changed sides.

The only one who thought using the breaking point was a good idea was Bismuth, who clearly had a personal bone to pick with the diamonds. She put her vendetta and rage ahead of the cause, and wouldn't take no for an answer. That's a mad dog you put down.
>>
File: 1469002785393.png (482KB, 540x532px) Image search: [Google]
1469002785393.png
482KB, 540x532px
>>85554841
Because tumblr is behind every corner, anon, we must be vigilant and strike it down wherever it rears its ugly head, lest we become tumblr ourselves!

oh wait, that's exactly what happened and now we get triggered more easily that tumblr over even stupider things
>>
>>85554780
>Laramie
Heh. Almost forgot.

Sadie is also crazy strong and built like a bulldozer.
>>
>>85554985
You just pick it up from the /sug/, get all seasons and watch them all.
They are all worth watching and develop slowly throughout. Some are less relevant, but all are fun to watch in my book and some of the slow ones have relevance later on, setting up changes or mentioning important facts.
And yes, the lore builds up so it's worth remembering things.
Many say to skip this or that episode, but the only one actually non-canon is Say Uncle, the Uncle Grandpa crossover, which is however very funny.
And yes, the start is very slow. The show is taking time to introduce people and concepts and Steven remains blissfully oblivious, for the moment. The hardcore shit comes later. War, rape, abuse, illegal street races, fancy oldtimey bikes.
>>
>>85545893
You say as you post a cartoon that's basically a glorified commercial to sell toys.
>>
>>85555311
I have the memory of an elephant, but only a small portion of the cast has a body like one
>>
>>85554985
Skip the Uncle Grandpa crossover episode. It's pretty bad...
>>
>>85552331

I don't understand. Are you trying to say that characters having emotions in stories is SJW?
>>
>the only fat gem is portrayed as disgusting and lazy
>literally eats garbage

Isn't that the opposite of SJW?
>>
>>85554985
Skip sadies song
Don't even watch a clip
>>
>>85545880
You forgot the Giraffe, Glasses Girl, and Donut Clerk #2
>>
>>85556290
>It's pretty bad..

confirmed shit taste, its one of the best episodes
>>
>>85556425
All of SU contradicts SJW notions.
The all-female empire is an oppressive, hierarchical dictatorship beyond militarism by being actually 100% made for war and imperial conquest.
Nobody talks about race or gender.
Nobody is shamed for what they are or told their opinion is invalid.
It's more important whether the VA's voice fits the characters than whether their race does.
Rebecca Sugar loves her brother so much she makes a series based on him.
Even black women get to be fucking wrong and tumblr hates it.
>>
>>85548845
Hate.
Hate and rape.
>>
>>85556940
>Even black women get to be fucking wrong and tumblr hates it.
You're right but what are you on about with this one
Bismuth?
>>
>>85545837
They aren't. Some of them are because a fat cartoon character can be cute, unlike a fat human
>>
>>85551691
Nah, garnet is thick not fat
>>
>>85557653
Yeah Tumblr was outraged cause Bismuth, a "black-coded" character was presented basically as a fanatic and they were saying the crew hated black people.
>>
>>85557956
The crew around a woman married to a black man, with a black woman in a lead role?
Sure.
>>
>>85545837
It takes place in America.
>>
>>85557956
They're also outraged when "lesbophobic" people criticize Ruby and Sapphire as individual characters
They're always outraged
>>
>>85545837
They're American.
>>
>>85546404
Fat kid + Skinny kid = Fucking Sexy trap

while

Fat Kid + Fat gem = abomination against nature

How is that fair
>>
>>85558138
SJWs are addicted to being morally outraged. Like, legitimately addicted to it. So they have to seek out new vectors of moral outrage to get their fix.
>>
>>85545837
Cause it takes place in America.
It's just being realistic.
>>
>>85558138
>>85558175

So they're just 4chan then?
>>
>>85558199
4chan's addicted to happenings and edgy shit and contrarian attitudes m8
you're either stupid or strictly a /co/ browser
>>
>>85558378

You're in denial if you think that 4chan doesn't love being outraged.
>>
>>85558199
I AM YOUR SHADOW

THE TRUE IMAGEBOARD
>>
>>85558378
Newsflash: The SJWs on 4umblr and /pol/tards on 4chan are basically just a couple of word-substitutions apart.
>>
>>85558592
>4umblr
Fuck, that wasn't even intentional.
>>
>>85558532
NO!
YOU'RE NOT ME! YOU'RE NOTHING LIKE ME!
>>
>>85552219
To begin with, the main plot is about a group of misfits (lower cast, born with disabilities, forbiden "gay" couple, midgets, etc) fighting against a tiranic authority government, and that's basicaly how SJW see themselves.

Then there is all the metaphors and allegories for homosexuals, divorced parents, abusive relationships, cat calling, consent etc etc, they are pretty damn clear

I love the show, it is my favorite currently airing one, but Iwould be lying if I said it is not a heavily SJW show.
>>
The SU fans are the Bronies of 2016
>>
>>85551670
that's facial hair
>>
>>85560644
Last i heard being a SJW meant complaining about bad things in the world in an insane a stupid way, as opposed to taking rational approaches

How is a cartoon teaching basic lessons like "don't trust assholes that treat you like shit" heavily SJW?
>>
>>85560644
Oh, and the creator is bisexual, there is the cast full of ethnical diversity and different body types, the main character is fat, his girlfriend is indian, he was raised by three women, the town he lives have another fat girl, a boy with a mohawk and those earlobes things, a single father of two, a man raising the sons of his wife.

Really, I could go on forever about all the things that make it a SJW show, but again, it still good

>>85560856
When I call it SJW show all I mean it is a show that apeals to SJW because its overflowing with progressive morals, not that it acts as irrational like them
>>
>>85560644
misfits fighting against a tyrannic authoritative goverments has been a very common setting for a while, atleast since the 90s.
>>
File: 1471200138184.png (928KB, 1889x2524px) Image search: [Google]
1471200138184.png
928KB, 1889x2524px
>>85554685
Less dress.
>>
>>85560696
Pretty much everthing that gets too popular people will call "the new MLP"
>>
>>85561143
no, but think, adults in love with non-human ladys of a cartoon, there is no new brony like us, i mean, them
>>
>>85561247
People are in love with non human ladies since thet first appeared in fiction

MLP's fandom was unique because the show was for 6 years old and they were almost like a religion
>>
>>85561091
But the misft in this are gay couple who is also a black woman, a fat midget with cleft lip, a skinny lesbian girl who was born to serve and a fat boy who was raised by BOTH a single father and three women

All they are missing is someone in a wheelchair
>>
>>85555049
Indeed, and the worst part is tumblr STILL leaks in.
>>
>>85561381

so the problem is that the race and sex of the characters hurts your feelings?
>>
File: feminism.jpg (25KB, 438x350px) Image search: [Google]
feminism.jpg
25KB, 438x350px
>>85545837
>>85545850
>Some irony with this pic. JesuOtaku is actually transitioning to a man. She wants to be called James/Jake now.
>>
>>85555049
>we
>>
File: trannysquad.png (162KB, 576x361px) Image search: [Google]
trannysquad.png
162KB, 576x361px
>>85562797
Jesu Otaku is a tranny now?

>Iron Liz, it's time to get my dick wet.
>>
>>85562734
But I'm completely ok with them
>>
File: beachcitycitizens.jpg (93KB, 1269x708px) Image search: [Google]
beachcitycitizens.jpg
93KB, 1269x708px
>>85545837
>pretty much every single character a fatty?
You mean 4 characters? Steven, Amethyst, Sadie, and Ronaldo?
>>
>>85555043
We don't know much about the war make many conclusions

If we assume the main source of gem resources where converting enemies, which is already hard because well, you are not supposed to hang out with your enemy in war, it's also to be expected to have the Homeworld command to take measures towards minimizing the possibility of communication between both sides if not outright stopping them. So if they depended only on it they would barely get new members.

In addition, we don't know to what extent the rebellion operated like an army or a guerrilla. The strawberry fields suggest the later stages of the conflict to be full scale war, sufficient escalation for Homeworld to consider a maximum threat (remember what Jasper said).

If we assume nobody knew the diamonds could produce superweapons on the level of the corruption song ("conventional" gem superweapons not being world encompassing) in what was by that time a full scale war it would be logical to implement the breaking point. By that point the scales were "kill or be killed", Bismuth's delusions of destroying the gem hegemony notwithstanding. It would be a good enough shot to prove you were strong enough to curbstomp the enemy so the hegemony would just give up and leave you alone.

>>85554529
Yeah, you are right. Though if we wanna draw charisma comparisons, the series has really gone it's way to show that your average gem is much more naive than a human. i don't think it would have taken much to get them to idolize someone.
>>
>>85563417
>>>85554529
>Yeah, you are right.

meant for >>85552829
>>
>>85561381
You know, I kind of like how the show handles the diversity of its characters. In other shows it would feel forced in some way, but it seems to really work with SU, mostly because of the fact that they are aliens. That gives it a kind of veil that doesn't outright scream in your face that, "Hey!...
>Garnet is a black woman and lesbian couple in one
>Amethyst is a fat midget with severe self-esteem issues
>Pearl is an ultra-submissive skinny lesbian with emotional issues, and is also a cuck
>Lapis is a bi-polar, depressed girl with some kind of power complex
(and so on)."

It's pretty obvious that these characters are these things, but they also aren't at the same time. If you want to get really technical, none of the gems are actually female, and Garnet isn't black, but because of the similarities we see between these characters and the human traits they have, we make the connect that it must be symbolism (which it is, Sugar basically confirmed this at SDCC).

I could go on, but I shouldn't sperg out too hard over this. Overall the show is lite-SJW and handled pretty well. When I first started watching it I was preparing myself for a SJW cringefest, but was pleasantly surprised.
>>
So is the only way to not have your thing be accused of "forced divsersity" and "SJW" is to make every main character a straight white male?
>>
>>85562944
You're forgetting Greg.

Steven's losing weight though, and might be more muscley now than fat. Amethyst as well, it's hard to tell how much of her is muscle and how much is fat. Jasper and Rose are both thick from muscle, so it's hard to say.
>>
>>85562883
>Iron Liz
Look up the conversations she's had with Internet Aristocrat/Mister Metokur/Jim. She's pretty damn based.
>>
>>85554982
>Ronaldo's father
He's more burly than fat. Man's built like a lumberjack.
>>
File: tumblr_o5kplzulra1sd1xkuo3_1280.png (151KB, 688x695px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5kplzulra1sd1xkuo3_1280.png
151KB, 688x695px
>>85564821
>Steven's losing weight though
>Amethyst as well
Eh... this has a lot more to do with the artists' consistent inconsistency staying on model. Steven's design is intentionally tubby. It's less severe when he's drawn older but both of his older designs in Too Many Birthdays and Steven's Birthday were still on the chunkier side. Bara Steven will never be real. ;_;
>>
So, ok, if I'm genuinely trying to list out every fat character:

Main cast:
>Steven
>Amethyst
>Greg
>Rose

Fusions:
>Sugilite
>Charcoal or whatever worst gem's name is

Beach City fucks:
>Ronaldo
>Sadie
>Sadie's mom? Though I guess she could be burly.
>Yellowtail

If anything there are way more shorties and twigs than there are fatties.
>>
>>85546852
That's the entire point, though. She doesn't really have any self-esteem issues until Sardonyx tells her to try and 'find what she's good at; by forcing her into trials suited to Garnet and Pearl's strengths (agility and strength). Amethyst and Steven are about Defense and Flexibility in battle. And just like Smoky's source material, she immediately gets down on herself when she begins to believe that she's letting Sardonyx down.

Low Self-Esteem isn't something Smoky has all the time, but it crops up when she's under pressure to perform and can't.
>>
The art is too inconsistent to really tell who is an actual fatty in this show.
>>
>>85556425
Don't forget she cries about not being strong/fast enough to be helpful when all she does is fuck around and wonder why everyone else is better than her (since they train)
>>
>>85558378
The most popular boards on 4chan are always looking for the next thing to be upset about. You're the stupid one here.

And when I say "most popular", I mean boards that people actually go to, and not barren wastelands like /po/
>>
>>85566893
No, low self-esteem is their common tune.
Which is why they could fuse so easily.
Of course they don't always show obvious symptoms, but all Amethyst has done since the show began was based around her low self-esteem and inadequacy.
And Steven is always made to feel he is not Rose and they need him to be Rose.
So of course Smoky is extremely quick to feel incapable, no matter their effective performance. Sardonyx was just going about it wrong, made herself the standard of all success and put Smoky on the spot.
>>
>>85551263
You're too wrong you fat fuck. It literally all comes down to calories in and calories out. Your body does not deny physics, make the change you want to be.
>>
>>85551596
It's really just a over eating problem and a problem with all the food around especially because of how shitty some of it is. Exercise is a really Shitty way to lose weight and so are "diets", the best way is to monitor your daily calorie intake and make sure it is less than what your body "needs".
>>
File: order.jpg (68KB, 500x520px) Image search: [Google]
order.jpg
68KB, 500x520px
>>85554985
There are some issues with the episode order. A few episodes from late S1 were aired in S2, but that doesn't really matter.

The real problem is that a certain set of episodes ended up in the wrong order on some streaming sites (incl. amazon and itunes), spoiling the season 1B finale. Make sure when you get to that point (about 40-50 episodes in), to watch these in the correct order.

>The Message
>Political Power
>The Return
>Jailbreak
>Full Disclosure
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.