[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scott Snyder responds to fan criticism of his treatment of Robin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 5

File: Salty.png (3MB, 2745x1089px) Image search: [Google]
Salty.png
3MB, 2745x1089px
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/16/why-does-scott-snyder-doesnt-write-damian-wayne-much/

>Bruce is saying he's trying something better than the approach he had before. not that duke is better than robin! duke WAS a robin already in W.A.R. Bruce has realized (across the books) that he needs full allies, not a sidekick. Instead of training Duke to be his side-man, he's training him to be his own hero As he did with each Robin before Duke when he or she was ready to move on. He's saying, I'm altering my thinking - I need full grown heroes beside me. Damian has made him proud. Tim, Dick, all of them. He's tweaking the program to be more about his trainee figuring out who he/she is as a hero in full than training them at his side
>>
>>85533277
Sounds like splitting hairs to me.
Did he respond to the much larger fan criticism that the Batfamily is too large as it is?
>>
>>85533373
Of course he didn't.
>>
>>85533373
I know that everyone on /co/ loves to say that (and we have threads on it at least once a week) But I think that the Bat family was perfect in 2011, and the only reason people say it's too big now is because it's been massively mishandled since the New 52.
>>
>>85533277
That was pretty obvious but I am not surprised that Robin-fags got so triggered.

And these people with such poor reading comprehension have the courage to criticize Snyder's writing and his run.
Is pretty hilarious in a sad way.

>>85533373
Why should he? Did Morrison had to answer to the fans when he made Batman Inc. or decided to create yet another Robin?
>>
what did everyone think of the first ASB issue?
>>
>>85533428
He's probably smart not to. A new robin, new ally or protege every once in a while keeps the formula rotating instead of stale, and while people may grumble, it's probably better to keep doing that than rest on your laurels and just use characters people have seen before again. The side effect of that is that the "family" gets bigger and bigger, but the thing is, you can bring those guys in or out as needed, it's not like they all have to hang around the Batcave all the time.
>>
>>85533477
>Did Morrison had to answer
It's have not had.
And yes, Batman Inc and Damien were held to similar criticism.
>>
>>85533477
Weren't people pissed at Morrison because Tim got replaced?
>>
>>85533539
>it's probably better to keep doing that than rest on your laurels and just use characters people have seen before again.

But why? 90% of the most popular characters are the ones that have been around for ages. People still want to read about them, there's no need to change it.
>>
>>85533477
People were rolling their eyes at the idea of a league of Batmans all around the world.
>>
>>85533576
Absolutely.

They weren't happy either when Damian beat the shit out of Tim.
>>
>>85533528
I honestly really disliked it. Much worse than what Snyder usually puts out; at least in the main title he usually starts out strong.
>>
>>85533472
I agree. If we had great Batfamily stories, the complaints about its size would be much less frequent and vitriolic. But that's what happens when you place someone who hates the family as the lead writer, I suppose.
>>
>>85533477
>Why should he? Did Morrison had to answer to the fans when he made Batman Inc. or decided to create yet another Robin?
Batman Inc at least means not all of them have to be in Gotham
>>
>>85533528
It was alright. Not sure where he's going with this, and it has become one of those "where the hell does this fit in with the other Batman comics" comic. But it was good enough.
>>
>>85533687
you get the best selling Batman's run in ages and one of the most critically acclaimed? looks like a good idea then
>>
>>85533689
>nightwing
>globetrotting adventure
>Batgirl
>off in china
>Tim
>soon to be dead
the newbies and jason are the only ones in gotham for now
>>
>>85533528
Shitty characterizations across the board, Snyder's patented overblown monologues and wiki dumps in full effect, the Duke push is a minor nuisance in comparison to all the other shitty things about the book. JRJR's art looked good though which is a nice change, I like his Two-Face.

>tfw I will still probably end up reading it for all the different artists who've signed on to do an issue/arc
>>
>>85533849
They are all coming back for the Monster arc
>>
>Orpheus
>Onyx
>Batwing
>The other Batwing
>Azrael

Black people who aren't Killer Croc don't tend to last long in Gotham. Will Duke finally be the one to stick?
>>
>>85533528
better than king's first 2 issues desu senpai
>>
>>85533778
Yeah, if you're a DC exec maybe. If you actually like reading comics, not so much.
>>
>>85533884
You realize most of those people went away because people were like "The Bat-Family's too big as it is" just like people are doing now, right?

Also, neither of the Batwings actually in Gotham. They were in Africaland or wherever. I don't read comics and I don't do geography.
>>
>>85533849
>Tim
>soon to be dead

It's really obvious that Rich was either completely wrong, or his anonymous source that he met at a convention bar was referring to the Tim in the Beyondverse. Tynion is the biggest 90sfag in the world, and has probably been dying to write Tim along with Cass and Steph for ages. He's not going to kill him off.
>>
>>85533277
If he hates Batman's family so much why does Snyder want to keep writing Batman?
Seriously, he doesn't like Damian, Dick (he even had Bruce punch him), Todd, Drake, Babs, or Alfred (seriously? Having Al shoot Bruce with a missle? Really?) or Batwing (tho tbqf no one cares about him anymore).

So why does he write Batman so much?

Why not try to write Swamp-Thing or Superman again? I think the higher-ups would let him.
>>
>>85533528

I know it's my fault, but I never read any of the press leading up to it's release; I assumed it was just a continuation of Jim Lee's ASBR.

So, yeah, I'm kinda bummed. It's whatever so far.
>>
>>85533940
>Also, neither of the Batwings actually in Gotham. They were in Africaland or wherever. I don't read comics and I don't do geography.
the second one was Lucius Fox's son Luke
>>
>>85533963
He likes his OCs, so he just writes Harper and Duke into the roles of Batman's partners rather than any of the older characters.
>>
>>85533963
You know those people that don't read comics but keep posting their ideas for a Batman/Superman/etc movie or some sort of redesign/rebooted origin? That's Scott Snyder. He watched the movies and that's the kind of Batman he likes and wants to write. That's why he hates the family so much, he still thinks of Robin and Batgirl as the versions from the 90s movies.
>>
>>85533963
I know this will sound strange to people here because they don't actually like Batman but only care about the OC around him and Grayson's fanservice, but you can have great stories with Batman and other iconic characters like Alfred, Gordon etc. without needing the bloated bat-family around
>>
>>85533277
Batman DOES need a Robin Snyder, you dumb ugly faggot.

Literally every time he tries to go without one he goes nuts and starts believing that he's a real IRL bat creature.
>>
>>85533963
>Dick (he even had Bruce punch him)

Snyder was a top tier Dickbats writer, tho.
>>
>>85534122
he just needs a partner. which he has. it doesn't need to be a sidekick
>>
>>85534100

So why didn't Snyder write one?
>>
>>85534100
It is possible to write a good Batman arc without bringing in the Bat family, but Snyder didn't write one.
>>
>>85534100
But he's fucking using Duke so obviously he's not trying to do that. I wouldn't call Duke an iconic character, anon.
>>
>>85533528
I thought it was kind of fun. Still not "good" but Snyder doesn't seem to be taking himself as seriously as he usually does.
>>
>>85533943
I'm not sure my nigga, covers and solicits like these are very suggestive.

>"Rise Of The Batmen" part 7! This epic concludes with a battle against the Colony that will change Batman's world forever-and in a way you'd never expect! Whether they win or lose, they've already lost...
>>
>>85534182
zero year was pretty good
>>
>>85533277
Man, Duke's new costume is really ugly.
>>
>everyone complains about Snyder's characters that aren't worse than Cass, Steph or the other many human characters when first introduced
>no one says a thing about King introducing Superman-level characters in Gotham and planning to turn Gotham Girl into a regular character

the bias is real
>>
>>85533963
>Dick (he even had Bruce punch him)
You know King made Bruce out to be an asshole in Nightwing issue, must mean he hates Bruce.
I know this is /co/ and most of you are as anti Snyder because various degrees of not muh but goddamn some of the times you sound like absolute retards.
>>
>>85534310
Because they're kind of interesting so far.

Harper was always annoying, and Duke is just "My Totally Original Character Blobin".
>>
>>85534378
>Because they're kind of interesting so far.
>crazy superman
>interesting
god the bias is real
>>
>>85534351
This. Shilling Dick as the nice one and Bruce as the "asshole" has been a meme since the Dixon era
>>
>>85534310

King isn't trying to replace a character people already like with a shitty OC
>>
>>85533963
Didn't bruce only punch him to get a transmitter or something out of one of dick's teeth?
>>
>>85534351
Oh hey remember that time Geoff Johns didn't let Green Arrow join the Justice League? Damn Johns hates Green Arrow.
Oh and that time Damian beat the shit out of Tim in Morrison's Batman, damn why does Morrison hate Tim?
>>
>>85534414
Who did Snyder replace? And don't say Robin because they clearly moved Damian away so they could milk his popularity with 3 different books
>>
>>85534414
neither is snyder you fucking retard
>>
>>85534475
but Johns does hate heroes without superpowers
>>
>>85534414
Not yet. But King is also the guy that created Kalista that replaced OG members of Omega Men or created Vision. You don't know what he'll end up doing 2 years from now.
>>
>>85534531
Green Arrow went on to join the JLA, Johns has said he'll write Ollie like Adams. He's been shilling GA/Canary and shitting on Arrow. Fucking frogposter.
>>
>>85534631
You do realise that anon was making fun of reactionaries right
>>
>>85533277
Snyder is trying to push his character.

The way DC changed their rules for rights to characters means that legacy characters (a new Robin) are owned by the creator of the character the legacy belongs to. So if you make a new Robin, even if it's a fast-talking Hispanic speedster, you don't own it.

Snyder is trying to get around that by introducing Bluebird and Blackbird. Unfortunately (for him) Harper didn't take off so he's trying to push Duke.
>>
File: batmanandrobinfuturesend-1.jpg (266KB, 575x1011px) Image search: [Google]
batmanandrobinfuturesend-1.jpg
266KB, 575x1011px
>>85534505

Not anymore, his push failed. Damian was too popular to be replaced
>>
>>85534741
>Snyder is trying to get around that by introducing Bluebird and Blackbird.
Factually incorrect since he wanted to make Duke a Robin but WB put down the law.
>Unfortunately (for him) Harper didn't take off so he's trying to push Duke.
Also incorrect kind of, he never seemed that interested in Harper, she's very much Tynion's waifu.
>>
>>85534843
It'd be like trying to replace Tim in the mid 90s, at the height of his popularity.

It was a stupid move, Damian's been Robin since 2009, steadily built up a fanbase. Trying to give him a new partner so soon was basically just shooting himself in the foot.

It was almost as stupid as Steph as Robin.
>>
>>85534741
Harper was only created because editorial didn't let him use Cass

Also Harper is going to be in Tec in the near future
>>
>>85533277
So Snyder is DC Slott?
>>
>>85534906
The stupidest thing about Steph as Robin was that they didn't even give her a chance with those whopping two issues. Fucking Alfred's probably been Robin for more issues than that.
>>
>>85534906
>It was almost as stupid as Steph as Robin.
Steph was only Robin because they were going to kill her off and someone (I actually forget exactly who) wanted to give her at least one good thing before they did.
>>
>>85534939
>harper will be in the tec

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>85535005
>picking it up in the first place
>>
>>85533477
>>85533542
Oh yeah Damian was really fucking hated when he debuted and when people heard he was going to be Robin they went full retard.

The person who did the Batman and Sons fancomic even refuse to include him in her web comic.
>>
>>85534741
No, Harper's story just ran through in the Eternal books and she's taking a break. If he wanted, he could write a bluebird solo if he wanted, he just doesn't want to. He could literally write any book he wants at this point and it would sell.
>>
Batfam fags are cancer anyway.

MUH ROBIN and MUH BATGIRL all day
>>
>>85535026
yeah, the hate happens with every new character
give it time and some good story and people will stop hating Harper too
>>
>>85535026
And then they read Batman & Robin and suddenly Damian was beloved by all.
>>
>>85533576
yeah, Morrison is a fag
>>
>>85535102
I will only stop hating Harper if she gets rid of that ugly fucking hair.
>>
>>85535026
To be fair Morrison introduced him in a way that served his overall story better but not in a way that readers could connect to him. Not that the latter wouldn't result in full retardation either. I mean it's happening with Duke. Batfags are just as autistic as Lanternfags.
>>
>>85533943
I think I like Tynion now
just Batwoman fucking sucks and is dragging Detective Comics down
>>
>>85533277
Sounds Reasonable.
>>
>>85534883
>Also incorrect kind of, he never seemed that interested in Harper, she's very much Tynion's waifu.

>[Snyder] never seems that interested in Harper

>Harper was given an entire, extra-long epilogue issue of Batman after Court of Owls
>>
>>85535156
It adds to the Bat-family bloat by bringing in more people.
>>
>>85535113
>Damian was beloved by all.
Not to this day. And Tomasi's B&R helped Damian's popularity a lot too because for most readers he was their first Robin.
>>
Tec feels more like a not great Outsiders book to me.
>>
>>85535154
>hating her hottest feature

How can people have such horrible opinions
>>
>>85535199
Hyperbole aside, yes, Tomasi did a great job with Damian and in general is pretty good at writing kid sidekicks, as seen with the new Superboy.
>>
If Duke's supposed to be his own hero, why is he dressed like Batman Lite
>>85534843
What an ugly fucking suit
>>
>>85535212
It makes her look like an ugly dyke, especially with the piercings.
>>
>>85535174
Your point? That was her introduction retard and after that she was mostly contained in Eternals. Meanwhile Duke showed up in major roles in Endgame and Superheavy, was introduced in Zero Year.
>>
File: Harper.png (524KB, 508x546px) Image search: [Google]
Harper.png
524KB, 508x546px
>>85535212
>people actually find Harper attractive
>>
>>85534147

WHATS THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE. Anyone who partners with Batman is a sidekick by default. Even Superman
>>
>>85535316
This triggers the superfags
>>
>>85535310
>cherrypicking
>>
File: 1395627383180.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1395627383180.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
Scott Snyder was sensible and reasonable.

Editors told him that they wanted BATMAN to be a solo book about Bruce Wayne.
Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason were already mining the Bruce + Damian dynamic in BATMAN AND ROBIN.
Scott Snyder the few times that he included Damian in BATMAN he wrote the character well.
Scott Snyder said that he puts a lot of himself in his stories as in self-inserting himself as Bruce Wayne.
Scott Snyder said that he never felt comfortable writing Damian, who was 10, because he had a son who was 9, and since he self-insert himself as Bruce it would be like writing himself having to deal with his son getting hurt.
Batman in ALL-STAR BATMAN wants Duke Thomas to be a new hero and not a side-kick, because he already has Damian who's making him proud as Robin.

What's wrong with any of that?
>>
>>85535375
Superman would be okay with being the sidekick though.

As long as Bruce is happy.
>>
>>85535470
>What's wrong with any of that?

Well, Duke is black.
>>
>>85535470
If his Batman is supposedly solo, why even introduce not-Robin"?
>>
>>85533963

Scott Snyder doesn't hate the Bat-Family. Heck, he's more of a Dick fan than Bruce fan. The man himself said so. He even writes a better Dick than he ever wrote a good Bruce.

It's that the editors told him that BATMAN was a solo book.
Dick had NIGHTWING.
Barbara had BATGIRL
Jason had RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS
Tim had TEEN TITANS.
Damian had BATMAN AND ROBIN.

If he had Damian constantly in BATMAN he'd be stepping all over Tomasi and Gleason's plans for BATMAN AND ROBIN. It was be a mess editorially.
>>
>>85535511
This.

It's all bullshit. He wanted to leave a permanent mark on the mythos and probably asked editorial if he could make Duke Robin and they said no because Damian is still popular.
>>
>>85534310
>>85534559
There's nothing bad about introducing new characters. Big 2 comics would actually be pretty stale if no creator ever created anything new. But Snyder's been doing it incredibly poorly. King's OCs fulfill unique roles and they serve a purpose in the stories he tells. Meanwhile, Snyder's been making OCs that he pretends are a big deal but proceed to do next to nothing with and instead dump on other creators for the poor suckers to try to make interesting. And what little role he has given them so far in the years he's had them don't seem like they can't be fulfilled by another established character (his Duke is pretty much a Tim clone). There doesn't seem to be any reason he created Harper and Duke other than just for the sake of creating a new character.
>>
>>85535511
>>85535627

Because ALL-STAR BATMAN is a new book where Batman will showcase a new "hero" and big "villain" each arc.

If you two weren't fucking retards would see that i was talking in past tense, as in BATMAN (2011-2015).
>>
>>85535751
Except he created Duke while on the main Batman title not just now with All-Star Batman.
>>
>>85535751
Except Snyder began shilling Duke long before ASB
>>
>>85535156
I think Batwoman's great.

It's just that Tynion's Batwoman fucking sucks.
Drags down the book and shits on the character.
>>
>>85535156
I like the metacommentary of a Kane trying to steal Batman's gimmick.
It really reflect what DC tried to do with the whole Batwoman idea and introduction.
At least now they admitted she is a derivative character instead of acting as if she was a totally new and original character that happened to be a Bat-themed hero in Gotham.
>>
>And one other thing - I sometimes get flack for not writing Damian in to our run. To clarify, I didn't write Damian much for 3 reasons:

>1 - Batman and Robin was all about him and his relationship to Bruce. That was Pete and Pat's rich emotional material to mine and they did it amazingly. So me doing it would have been encroaching, IMO. And editorial felt that way too and wanted solo Bruce from Batman (as they largely do now).

>And 2 - I love reading Damian, some of my favorite stories are Damian ones, but I have trouble writing him for personal reasons. You put yourself into the books when you write, your fears, etc., and my son is about Damian's age, and him getting hurt or fighting people beside me - it's just something I have trouble with. It's too upsetting to me and it throws my Batman writing off. I get too shaken by it and the stories fall apart. You can tell when Damian is the first person Bruce runs to in DotF at the end. Hugs. He's only 10 and my son is 9, and weirdly, I'm protective of Damian, b/c of his age, and maybe myself, in avoiding writing him. I put children in peril all the time in my creator owned work - I often do it to scare myself - but something about writing from the POV of a dad having it happen in front of his eyes all the time... it's just too hard for me. @PeterJTomasi and @patrick_gleason B and R and Grant's Son of Bats, B and R and INC? Some of my top Batman reads ever.

>But 1, Damian was mostly off limits anyway b/c he was in those books and Batman was meant to be solo. 2, I'm too soft on him as a dad of a kid the same age (tho, yes, I know he's turning 13 now) and 3 he was also mostly dead during our run... :)

>Hope that clears it all up.

There you have it, /co/
>>
>>85535825
>>85535850

Three motherfucking arcs where Duke was a minor character that appeared just for a few pages.

That's hardly any shilling. Shilling was WE ARE ROBINS, which wasn't written by him.
>>
>>85535877
I keep on reading all her parts in a Peanuts parents voice
'wah wah wah wah wah"
don't need to read a single lthing she says and I completely understand the plot
I think it actually improves it a lot
>>
>>85535026
>e Batman and Sons
she is a cunt,
>>
>>85535154
I will only stop hating Harper if she die,
>>
>>85535990
Creating him at all is shilling, dummy.
>>
>>85536127

People have the right to dislike Damian.
>>
>>85535470
I hate Duke.
>>
>>85536160
>words mean what I want them to mean
>>
>>85535508
>Well, Duke is black.
tumblr pls.
>>
>>85533528
The premise seems fun and it might be a bit /co/ntrarian of me but I actually like Snyder Two-Face and JRJR's art.

Overall I thought it was okay.
>>
>>85536170
you are a Pussy Scott.
>>
>>85536170
>People have the right to dislike Duke.
>>
>>85536192

Well, that's okay, but this constant "Snyder hates the Bat-Family" is stupid.

I mean, why wasn't Red Hood constantly in BATMAN? You guys say that Snyder hates Damian because Damian wasn't constantly in BATMAN, but Dick wasn't constantly in BATMAN too, Barbara hardly appeared in BATMAN, Red Hood only showed up maybe once in BATMAN. What about them? Hmmm, maybe it is because BATMAN is about the solo adventures of... Batman himself.
>>
>>85536312
>Well, that's okay, but this constant "Snyder hates the Bat-Family" is stupid.

True, if he hated the Bloat Family he would be a good writer.
>>
He doesn't write Damian much because his son is Damian's age? That doesn't make much sense. Sometimes I feel like Snyder just needs to “man up” and stop being overly emotional about everything. This goes back to him saying that his Mr. Freeze story was “a labor of love” and how “Death of the Family” was about his fears for his own family. It's like jeeze dude get some distance and perspective. You can write a story about Damian kicking bad guys' butts without having an emotional breakdown thinking about your own son getting beaten up or something.
>>
>>85536312
I just find it weird, speaking as a father, that Batman spent all that effort to get Damian back and then seems not to care where he is instead of having him by his side. He is a teenage boy now that died once already.
>>
>>85536341

Dude just self insert a lot in his comics. That's why his Bruce constantly goes into some really fucking specific monologues.
>>
>>85536399
You know I wonder if Snyder Batman does wikipedia searches on just every fucking animal ever. Memorizes obscure facts about them hoping some day he can use it for analogy or shit talk against a villain.
>>
>>85535712
>There doesn't seem to be any reason he created Harper and Duke other than just for the sake of creating a new character.
Well he created Harper because he wasn't allowed to use Cass. And I agree with you that he hasn't done enough with his characters but that seems to be changing now and people even hate that. And you can't really do much if you don't even know what you're allowed to. Now that he has figured it out, maybe he does end up doing something worthwhile.
Also people like to blow this "Snyder isn't doing anything with his characters" a bit too much. It took Morrison almost 2 years after the introduction of Damian to do something with him.
>>
>>85536389

But writing that story is not Scott Snyder's job. Back then the ones doing Damian were Tomasi and Gleason, not Snyder, so you should ask them.

For example Supergirl hardly appeared in SUPERMAN or ACTION COMICS, despite Supergirl the only other kryptonian Superman knew, his fucking cousin, being new to Earth and suffering heavily from PSTD. The reason for that? Because there was already a SUPERGIRL comic.

DC always handle books that way. Take now with REBIRTH. Wally just came back from the Speed Force and you've all these questions and mysteries that Barry should be all over on, but you hardly see OG Wally in THE FLASH, why? Because OG Wally already has TITANS and Dan Abnett's the guy responsible in setting up OG Wally continuity.
>>
That Mean He's A Wimp -
>>
>>85535877
>>85536006
>Characterfags getting this triggered
Feels good man. Enjoy your Tim getting killed off and replaced by Harper, you deserve it.
>>
>>85536497

Snyder wasn't allowed to develop Harper or Duke in BATMAN, because BATMAN is all about solo Batman stories. He could work something with the editors and other writers, but not handle the characters himself.

That's what BATMAN ETERNAL and BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL were about. They were a book where all the old and new characters could be developed further.

For some reason DC editors are really anal about that shit. Priest wanted to have Batman, Nightwing and Damian for his DEATHSTROKE book and editors fought him.
>>
>>85536529
I think for Damian it's more of that's his son so it's a bit more awkward when you just shove him into the corner. Like the one that felt really off for me was during DCYou with GordonBats since Alfred didn't bother to tell Bruce he had a son nor did Damian seem upset with that lie.
>>
i hate Scott Snyder for Harper Row and cancer Duke...
>>
>>85536127
>>85536266
>>85536298
Damifag has entered the thread. How's your day been?
>>
>>85536389
Blame Damian for being popular and DC for milking that popularity.
>>
>>85536625

Alfred didn't tell Bruce about any of his sons, actually.

Dick talked to him through a disguise in GRAYSON.
Jason met him by chance in RED HOOD/ARSENAL
and Damian just kept his distance in ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN

Everything done by DC is dealt in separate books. That's more an editorial problem than a writer problem.
>>
Scott Snyder know now we Damian fans hate his book....
>>
>>85536705

Yup, since Damian has his own books 99% of the time he'll show up only in these books.

Maybe if Damian didn't had any books he'd appear more in either BATMAN or DETECTIVE COMICS.
>>
>>85533277
Wait the WHOLE point of Robins were allies in Training for Batman. The kids did their own things after a certain age with Young Justice and the Teen Titans.

Duke being ROBIN is fine.
>>
But in my opinion the four Robins are too far away of the simple concept of sidekick. They are much more of that. They are his sons, his elite soldiers.
>>
>>85536799
>Duke being ROBIN is fine.
no i hate him .
>>
>>85536874
Damifag please
>>
Just to shove this new Chosen One (Duke and ESPECIALLY Harper) down our throats by just pronouncing them the "BEST" is LAZY and insulting.
>>
>>85536799

But Batman now doesn't want to go through that whole process of adopting the fuckers, feeding them and then waiting years for them to finally leave his house so that he can bang Selina alone with some peace.

So he's jumping the whole "side-kick" thing and go straight to the whole "own hero" part where the little fuckers don't have to be around his manor eating all his food.
>>
>>85536744
I was pissed off with Duke shilling in Batman Rebirth issue and so far he's almost a non entity there. I think DC has set rules for their Bat universe and "Batman" title gets the most creative freedom. And whenever all characters do show up together it's almost treated like an event now. Death of The Family, both Eternals, Endgame, Night of The Monster Men. Only exception so far since the start of new 52 is Incorporated and that's because it was written by Morrison.
>>
>>85536897
I hate your book scott :)
>>
>>85536919

But anon... none of that happened.
>>
>>85536942

Duke stopped showing though, now it's all Gotham Girl power-hour, which is good.
>>
HE IS A LIAR I DONT BELIEVE HIM-
>>
>>85536932
But isn't Duke supposed to be living in the manor?
>>
>>85536153
>>85536127
>>85536192
>>85536266
>>85536541
>>85536738
>>85536874

Oh good, Damifag is here. I guess that's what the thread will be about for the next hour. Maybe if we're lucky we can get her banned before comics come out tomorrow.
>>
>>85535581
Snyder is DC's golden boy and editorial literally bends to his wishes. So why he should give a FUCK about that?
>>
>>85537017
We can only hope
>>
>>85537017
Pussy..why do you love him so you have no real girlfriend ?
>>
>>85537005

Nope, Duke only went there for training, but he'll stop doing that now that he's finally Lark or whatever.

Tom King's BATMAN only had Duke for a bit to set-up the new status quo for the character. Now that Duke is finally Lark he'll only show up in ALL-STAR BATMAN. But it seems that it won't be for long because ALL-STAR BATMAN will have rotating heroes.

Maybe there will be a LARK ongoing? I don't know.
>>
>>85537070

Dude, Snyder couldn't even have Cassandra Cain in his BATMAN run. That's how we gained the Harper Row abomination. Heck, the editors even stopped him from having Dick Grayson as a bigger supporting character during the whole Court of Owls thing, which he had originally planned.
>>
>>85537083
>Maybe there will be a LARK ongoing? I don't know
urg god no........
>>
>>85537017
>>85537073
Then report her you fags. Also how do you know it's a "her?"
>>
>>85533943
Doesn't matter much if it's an editorial decision to kill him off.
>>
>>85537125
By the time of DOTF Snyder was telling DC what to do. That is how he got Lobdell booted from RHATO to give the title to Tynion.
>>
>>85537165

Source?
>>
>>85537141
>characters reporting other characterfags
>for the crime of being a characterfag

Pottery
>>
>>85537083
>lark ongoing

No thank you
>>
>>85537193
His ass. RHATO was never under Bat editorial. And Doyle wasn't even the editor of Bat books back then.
>>
>>85537141
Because she's admitted many times that she's a 13 year old girl.

>>85537198
It has nothing to do with her being a characterfag, it's because she's a barely literate shitposter who shows up in every bat thread.
>>
>>85533277
No one cares about Duke or Harper.
>>
>>85537295
>she's a barely literate shitposter

Right, a characterfag.
>>
>>85533940
Black Azrael was definately not part of the Batfamily, though. He just shared his name with someone who was.
>>
>>85537198
Timfags.
>>
>>85533528
Was a nice read, except the Alfred betrayal part. He's the first writer I've read that consistently write an Alfred I don't like.
>>
>>85536529

Pre teen sons should be different. Superman is the Jon book but he still has a sizeable role in action comics
>>
>>85537295
>Because she's admitted many times that she's a 13 year old girl.
Can't think of an instance where people tell lies on internet.
Do you honestly believe this isn't a basement dwelling shitposter only pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>85537381

That's because Dan Jurgens is angry about Tomasi taking John. He was voicing his complaints about that in an interview.
>>
>>85537295
> you admitted you 14- and that you think little girls are hot-
>>
>>85537381
Well it's a different editorial and Jon needs as much shilling as possible.
>>
>>85537295
Snyder pls.
>>
>>85537425
Link? And does Jurgens realize Jon is one of the worst part of his book, a book that features poorly written Lex, Doomsday and that retarded twist of "I'm Clark, not Superman?"
>>
>>85537428
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>85537521
>giving (You)s to Damifag
Off yourself my man.
>>
Scott Snyder is racist!" I don't believe him..fuck him..
>>
I love Damian too, pls be my gf and pls be in london
>>
>>85534966
Yup, exactly. The issues of Tec and Batgirl that weren't tied into the narrative of "Steph sucks as Robin" were really good.
>>85534970
You probably don't remember because Dan Didio and Bill Willingham have both claimed that they came up with it first. But only Willingham has claimed that he wanted to keep her Robin because it was selling well and the story of training was an interesting one.
>>
>>85533277
Synder is trying to save face. He should just be honest. Robin has failed for New 52 Batman
Dick was the only successful one
Jason got dead and became kinda bad
Tim basically disowned Bruce
Damian is a hot mess

Hell Stephanie got sorta dead in the old continuity when she got fired from being his sidekick

So yes he has had bad relationships with 3 out of 4 Robins. Why wouldn't he want to try something new? Especially when you consider Batman INC and heroes he inspired like Batwoman who do their own thing rather than be disgruntled in his shadow?
>>
>>85537824
>and pls be in london

>>>/fit/
>>
Don't believe Scott Snyder ..He's probably trying to save his ass with his stupid tweeds.
>>
>>85534310
>>no one says a thing about King introducing Superman-level characters in Gotham

They were doomed from the getgo.

>and planning to turn Gotham Girl into a regular character

Source? Or are you pulling that out of your ass?
>>
Scott Synder is trying to save face.I do not believe him...he is still shit !
>>
>>85537924
Not him but it's kinda obvious. The whole second arc revolves around Batman saving her. If she's received well they'll try to add her to family or utilize her in some capacity.
>>
>>85533963
Writing Batman probably pays better.
>>
>>85533645
Speak for yourself. I kept threads here with the OP image of Tim ktfo on the batcave floor going for months. Remember, this was 2007ish, Tim was insufferably hypercompetent and sad and depressing and needed to go.
>>
>>85534245
Maybe Tim agrees to join them?
Pre-Flashpoint Tim had that moment where he left Batman to work with the Veteran and the US Army in Willingham's run.
>>
>>85534939
I never understood that excuse since Cass and Harper are nothing alike.
>>
>>85537083
>LARK ongoing
Boy, I can't wait to be accused of racism when that book fails.
>>
>>85540652
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>85535488

This. Supes rises above such petty concepts as inferiority concepts.
>>
>>85535581
>Heck, he's more of a Dick fan than Bruce fan
That isn't true at all.
>>
Thats what's I'm saying since the beginning.
Bruce is slowly building the basement of an army who will protect Gotham when he retires. This dozens of Bat Apprentices will take about sidekick too later in their lives and the cycle will continue
>>
>>85535470
>Scott Snyder said that he never felt comfortable writing Damian, who was 10, because he had a son who was 9, and since he self-insert himself as Bruce it would be like writing himself having to deal with his son getting hurt.
>self inserting
these kind of people should fuck off.
>>
>>85533373
Considering Gotham is a big ass city I think it needs more

It's only so much one man can do in one night considering half the family is scattered through the world 9/10
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.