[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC Rebirth still selling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 266
Thread images: 16

File: dc-rebirth-social_3.jpg (232KB, 900x470px) Image search: [Google]
dc-rebirth-social_3.jpg
232KB, 900x470px
From Bleeding Cool's bestselling list:

>1. Harley Quinn #1
>2. Batman #4
>3. Justice League #2
>4. Suicide Squad Rebirth #1
>5. Superman #4
>6. Nightwing #2
>7. Green Arrow #4
>8. Walking Dead #157
>9. Green Lanterns #4
>10. Aquaman #4

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/07/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-7th-august-2016-no-marvel-in-the-top-ten-at-all-as-harley-beats-batman/
>>
>>85249644

>This week, not a single Marvel title made our store’s top ten list. In fact, the highest-ranked Marvel, Doctor Strange #10, came in at #16 this week, finishing behind Animosity (#11),Paper Girls (#12), James Bond (#13), and Kill or Be Killed (#14). Think about that for a minute: a Marvel title starring the hero soon to be featured in a major motion picture not only didn’t make the Top Ten, but came in behind nine DCs and five independent titles. Never in the history of our store has a major company fallen this far this fast. Hey, Marvel, when do you guys start your Rebirth and begin giving readers the Marvel Comics they want, featuring the characters they love treated with the respect they deserve?

>Strong continuing interest in Punisher and pre Flashpoint Batman and Superman.

>DC is really cooking on all cylinders, awesome move to have both Suicide Squad And Harley Quinn Rebirth #1’s to come out the same week as the movie. Was able to get a ton of non comic customers into those comics (and other rebirth comics too). Marvel did make a little bit of a comeback with both Deadpool #16 and Deadpool V Gambit #3 beating Aquaman. Kill or Be Killed almost made the top ten it would be great to have another strong selling Image book.

>Let me guess…Harley Quinn #1 was the #1 book of the week. Would make sense since it almost doubled Batman sales this week and Batman was still a huge mover. Walking Dead and Animosity were the only independent titles on the top 10 this week. Lady Killer almost made it.

>Darth Vader still moving on the back issue front along with anything with Toad on the cover for Marvel comics???
>>
>>85249666

>Harley Quinn 1 was easily this week’s big winner. We had an exclusive cover for the issue so the issue at times was being bought three times by people thanks to the three different covers. Suicide Squad 1 came in second thanks to a certain movie. Also go see the movie. If you listen to the critics you would be seeing the movie Piano instead of any superhero movies. Invincible Iron Man 12 made a surprise sell out thanks to the new Iron Man (woman?) finally meeting Tony which has sparked new interest. Other than Iron Man Marvel is limping along till their next re launch. Deadpool interest and sales have even dropped off sharper than I would have thought. As I have stated before that is part of a re launch. People over all just wait till the re launch to check it out. Why get into something that is ending?

>Harley Quinn anything is hot right now. Even the past variant covers with her on them.

>Just 1 Marvel in our top 10 this week? Rebirth is STILL doing very well.
>>
JULY SALES NUMBERS WHEN?
>>
>>85249696
5 week month so probably next week, with the top 10 listed later this week
>>
>>85249644
I jumped on comics with the New 52, but I haven't been reading in a while... Are any of these new books decent?

Finally have the money to start buying again, but I think I'll start picking up the hardcovers instead.
>>
>>85251366
I like Aquaman, but I always like Aquaman. And the best Aquaman stories are the ones involving Black Manta. I wonder why you never hear SJWs complain about DC's most Aryan looking hero constantly beating the shit out of an autistic former Black Panther?

Justice League seems alright, idk why a lot of people talk shit on it, they're only 3 issues in.

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps looks like it's shaping up to be good.

Batman got brutal quick, I like this first arc.

The Superman comics, Flash, and Titans seem to be where most of the Rebirth storyline will unfold.

Found myself not really giving a shit about Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad was alright at times.
>>
>>85251366
the only one that's truly bad so far is justice league
everything else is meh to good
>>
>>85249696
>tfw DC is still cucked from Majority Unit and Dollar %
>>
>>85251838
I'm surprised to find that Detective Comics by Tynion isn't utter shit. It's actually pretty good so far.
>>
>>85251366
Most of it has been decent to good. Batman, Superman, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Aquaman, etc. Justice League is kind of bad. Action Comics, Green Lanterns, and Red Hood are on the border.

There won't be hardcovers coming out though, at least not immediately.
>>
>>85252000
Yeah, I like that they made Batman and Batwoman cousins, gives them an interesting new dynamic.

But I don't like Red Robin's new costume, I prefer that he look a little more distinct. Like Nightwing.
>>
>>85252000
>REBIRTHED
Other than Hitch a lot of shit writers became surprisingly bearable. I mean we all knew Lobdell can write a non-bad issue but it was Dogfucker that wowed us the most. He got a title that was pretty much promised contempt and he gave us a buddy cop story featuring a /k/razy Unclefu Husbando and a /k/razy Agoraphobic Waifu.
>>
I'll wait for official Diamond numbers, but Walking Dead selling more than Marvel (according to 4-5 LCS)?

ouch.
>>
>>85252399
>Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz being the main Green Lanterns
>Batwoman leading Detective Comics while Batman gets jobbed
>Tim Drake will probably die and be replaced by Harper, joining Cass and Steph
>Duke in the main Batman book
>Midnighter and Apollo
>Jaime Reyes being Blue Beetle while Kord's support
>Cyborg still in the Justice League, getting a double-shipped book
>Teen Titans having Damian (half-Arab), black Wally, two females, and gay black Aqualad
>O5 Titans adding Llillith and Bumblebee to the team
>>
>>85252399
please go back to /pol/
>>
Could someone explain to a not-big DC fan whatever happened to the Dr. Manhattan and 3 Joker reveal?
>>
>>85252815
Right after you go back to tumblr, faggot
>>
>>85252844
The Manhattan thing probably won't be a thing until two years from now because they said they're building up to an event in two years
And King said the Joker story will be handled in the next arc
>>
>>85252780
And yet, we don't just have a bunch of race swapping for characters. We have new characters that happen to be black or brown, or gay or whatever. Marvel just makes Cap black, Iron Man a black teenage girl, Wolverine a woman, and Thor a woman.

That's the difference.
>>
>>85252969
that's also exactly what marvel's doing.

you do realize that the female thor isn't the same as the previous thor with just a sex change operation, right?
>>
What's the deal with Papa Superman / New52 Superman?
>>
Wait, did DC reboot their universe AGAIN?
>>
>>85249666
>Strong continuing interest in Punisher

GOD YES, I love that marvel is failing because they are bringing that upon themselves, but I do love that Frank keeps going strong.
>>
>>85251895
That's pretty much impossible. Everyone has dropped Civil War II, each week's Top 10 best selling have been nothing but Rebirth books, none of their other books selling above 30k besides Star Wars, and Star Wars isn't enough to off-set the fact that their entire superhero line is on the verge of cancellation.

It would take Disney to pay off the right people to not have DC come out on top in July.
>>
>>85252693
>Walking Dead selling more than Marvel
That's not out of the oridinary. Walking Dead usually sells extremely high.
>>
>>85253408
crawl back under your rock.
>>
>>85253126
New 52 Superman is dead. Papa Superman is post-crisis Superman.
>>
>>85253726
>It would take Disney to pay off the right people to not have DC come out on top in July.
uh, I thought Disney don't care about Marvel's comics sales, just like WB/Time Warner with DC's.
>>
>>85249644
Lets see how well DC does againts marvel in october when champions #1 is out
>>
>>85253868
I really doubt Champions is going to sell gangbusters, anon. It'll probably do comparably to the current ANAD Avengers series.
>>
>>85252693
>Walking Dead selling more than Marvel (according to 4-5 LCS)?
>ouch.

Walking Dead actually is the one comic out there that sometimes reaches the same ground sales wise that DC and Marvel get, sometimes even more when it comes to trades.
>>
>>85252780
>Batwoman leading Detective Comics while Batman gets jobbed

I remember seeing this issue on /co/. When I got to this part I knew it was over.

JUST
>>
>>85253868
Champions will probably end up in the same position as Johns' Teen Titans run. It will probably spike in the beginning and then level off, struggling to stay in the top 25.
>>
>>85253752
It's not my fault that DC feels the need to reboot their universe every three weeks.
>>
>>85253726
Check again, Civil War still does good, look back again. But yeah the tie-ins are gonna do horribly most likely.
>>
>>85252780
>>Batwoman leading Detective Comics while Batman gets jobbed
>Thinking Batman should be able to take on a 1000 supersoldiers with Assualt Rifles.

Lol. You probably thought Endgame was good.
>>
>>85254383
>every three weeks.

That would be Marvel, try every 3 to 20 years with DC
>>
>>85253752
>Falling for bait
>>85253408
>>85254383
(You)
>>
>>85253868
>>85254197
Settles in around 30-40k for sure
>>
>>85249644
I liked harley quinn it still had a lot of flaws but it was a step in the right direction
>>
>>85251895
Maybe this month but not possible next month
>>
>>85254489
Didn't they fail to outbeat Marvel last month though even though it had the bulk of their #1s.
>>
>>85252780
Thats because dc is not forcing it like marvel does.
Well except cyborg
>>
>>85252780
NONE of those things are sjw.
>>
>>85254383
Dc has done it a lot over the years but in the last few years marvel has almost caught up.
>>
>>85254420
That was not jobing but he has jobed a little in detective
Nothing unbearable though
>>
>>85249666
>Strong continuing interest in Punisher

I'm not reading this book but I like Cloonan so this is good imo
>>
>>85249666
>This week, not a single Marvel title made our store’s top ten list. In fact, the highest-ranked Marvel, Doctor Strange #10, came in at #16 this week
JUST
>>
>>85251895
>>85253726
The reason why it won't happen is because Marvel ships almost twice as many things as DC and at high dollar points. DC might beat them in some kind of per capita measure but it won't be there in the overall share numbers. But they knew that would happen when they chose to cut down on how much they were shipping.
>>
>>85252969

In other words

>it's okay when DC does it
>>
>>85254772
Indeed, Rebirth is mostly enjoyable. You're starting to understand it now.
>>
>>85254570
Cyborg is but thats the only one
>>
>>85252969
>Iron Man a black teenage girl
>Robert Dowly Jr loses his job to a Black Teenage Girl.
Sounds about right.
>>
>>85252280
Im not suprised he wrote a good comic retarded ending aside our love is real was fantastic.
>>
>>85254772
basically
wait a year or two until /co/ hates dc again and then whatever will be okay when marvel does it
>>
>>85252780
>>85252399

It seems we have come to a point that if you have anyone who isn't a straight white man that it's sjw to some people.

What makes something sjw isn't really the race or the sexuality. It's how those things are handled
>>
>>85251838
Nothing is happening in Titans or Flash. Titans is about a freaking Flash villain and Flash is about a new speedster villain. Very minimal stuff to do with the real plot.
>>
>>85253868
>Champions
>Teenagers written by Waid
The only person I care about on that team is Viv and thats purely because of King's Vision.
>>
>>85252780
>adding Bumblebee to the team
Might as well do this since she's in so many of the cartoons.
>>
>>85252969
Marvel doesn't have any race swapped characters.

DC had 2 until they had to backtrack harder than they've ever backtracked before with Wally. For 2 years that race swapped little twerp was what they thought Wally West should be.

Some kudos from learning from the mistake but they've done it 2 times to Marvel's 0 (or 1 if you think Fury counts but I don't).
>>
>>85254901
I would love the idea if not for Waid. Such a shame.
>>
>>85254934
>DC had 2 until they had to backtrack harder than they've ever backtracked before with Wally. For 2 years that race swapped little twerp was what they thought Wally West should be.

It didn't take that long. Black Wally was benched almost immediately after his introduction. It's only now that white Wally is back that he'll actually be doing anything, kind of funny really since you'd think that the retcon would make him less relevant rather than more.
>>
>>85255023
It was literally exactly two years. Wally showed up in April of 2014. Rebirth happened in Maybe of 2016.

I mean, saying he was "benched" but he was the only Wally West around and, until Rebirth, who DC said was Wally. He sat out the second half of Venditti's first arc then became a series regular again.

The retcon made him more relevant because DC couldn't actually get rid of a black character for a white one. They got way out in front of that with Wally as Kid Flash all over everything so people couldn't bitch (and some still did).
>>
>>85254520
Last month they only had 8 new titles
>>
>>85254899
that's /co/ in a nutshell
>>
>>85253868
Why would anyone care about Champions
>>
>>85254520
>even though it had the bulk of their #1s

No. It had 1/4th of their 1's
>>
>>85255392
Sam/Viv shipping
>>
>>85255420
>Shipping a shit character from a shit book with an alright character from a good book
Why would someone do this?
>>
>>85255480
Dickfag pls

There is literally nothing wrong with Sam or his book
>>
>>85255509
>implying I care about Dick
That's like saying only Peter Parkerfags hate Miles.
Sam is trash and so is his book, it's even worse now that Sean "I want that dad to stay gone" Ryan is writing.
>>
Enjoy this while you can, DCFriends. Before long, Marvel NOWer will arrive and with it the natural order of things.
>>
>>85256209

Marvelnower looks like dogshit though and without new 1's for their big titles I'm not expecting any significant change.
>>
>>85256209
I pray it's Marvel's DCYou that forces them to changes things up and reinvigorate their line.
>>
>>85255023
>>85255128

Black Wally is probably going to fade into obscurity for the fact that he is most well known as "Black Wally".
>>
>>85256521
If Powergirl didn't have a unique codename we'd just call her titty Kara or something. Either way we still have both her and Supergirl.

Everything will be ok.
>>
>>85256507
DCYou had good books that sold like crap though. I seriously doubt any of the new books in Now And Again will be as good as Prez, Midnighter, or Omega Men.
>>
>>85256507
But even then, I keep thinking...how?

How would Marvel have their own "Rebirth", without doing the one thing they said they'd never do -- full-on rebooting?

They can't "unreboot" themselves, like DC kinda/sorta did with Rebirth. They can't reboot. Even ignoring in-universe stuff, pretty much all of their good and/or up-and-coming writers are GONE. Hell, DC has even snatched up a lot of the up-and-coming artists.

Marvel Nower will give Marvel a sales bump, there's no doubt about that. But long-term, it doesn't look like the sales will hold. And at the same time, they don't have the talent lined up to make anything they do look good.

Even worse is the fact that DC's main universe books are $2.99 across the line -- at this point in time, they're a buck cheaper than books by EVERY other publisher (besides some of Image's stuff).

I'm actually kind of worried about Marvel. And unlike DC, they don't really have a "haha, psych! just kidding you guys, this is what we ACTUALLY meant to publish" kind of button. Marvel's been slowly declining in quality for years now, and I honestly don't think their top people even know what a good comic is anymore.

Right here and now, all DC has to do is not fuck up. And they might be the kings for quite a while.
>>
>>85256810
>ow would Marvel have their own "Rebirth", without doing the one thing they said they'd never do -- full-on rebooting?

Easily since Rebirth wasn't a reboot. They just need to remember who they are and why people loved them in the first place.
>>
>>85256810
Given what happened with ANAD I'm not sure a sales bump is a guarantee with Now 2.0, I think pretty much every book was back to the same sales by the #2 or 3.

And they don't need to do Rebirth exactly like DC did but they need to figure out something to foster good will. Though as you've said, the problem lies in their talent. Scouting/editorial probably needs to be restructured before anything good can be seen in the product. But I think it will take some financial failure to push them into it.
>>
>>85256810
>They can't "unreboot" themselves, like DC kinda/sorta did with Rebirth.
What? they just switched focus from one universe to another.

If DC where a bigger company I could see them selling a Earth52 line, Earth23 line and other shit.
>>
>>85256619

Aha. Remind me, how many Supergirls have we seen?
>>
>>85256810
>Right here and now, all DC has to do is not fuck up
As history has proven, that's easier said than done.
>>
>>85257113
>they just switched focus from one universe to another
No they didn't. The Rebirth universe is still New 52 Earth-0. Nothing changed.
>>
>>85256810
>"haha, psych! just kidding you guys, this is what we ACTUALLY meant to publish" kind of button.

Well there is Franklin.
>>
>>85249644
b-b-but the movies!
>>
>>85256521
Well, he'll be known as the only "Kid Flash" going forward
>>
>>85252878
Is it the arc after the Monster Men or is it that?
>>
>>85258577
after the monster men crossover
>>
>>85253408
Yes, just like Marvel is about to reboot for the third time in 4 years.
>>
>>85253726
You're forgetting that Marvel set things up to give themselves an advantage:

-higher price point
-flooding the market with more titles
-attaching crazy incentives to get variants

Also you need to keep in mind that what's on the Diamond list is preorders by retailers. Those Bleeding Cool articles are about what actually sells in a small number of shops (but other places I've gone to have indicated that Rebirth is doing well for them).

But then again, last year in similar BC articles like http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/06/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-6th-march-2015-the-black-ranger/ you could see DC was having problems...

>Remember when there used to be a company called DC that published comics? Judging from our sales this week, they’re a part of history now. Not a single DC book made our top ten–and in fact, only one DC book made our Top Twenty! Talk about making yourself irrelevant…

It would not surprise me if similar stores were having problems selling the non-event Marvel comics in the last month or so.
>>
>>85258608
I want to do a comic where it's hero's origin story, but each issue, it gets rebooted back to the origin story, so while we get variation and what not, we never truly tell any story.
>>
>>85258395

Nah. he is going to Teen Titans and they are going to be using his first name.
>>
File: teen-titans4-16934.jpg (137KB, 950x1229px) Image search: [Google]
teen-titans4-16934.jpg
137KB, 950x1229px
>>85259777
they're calling him Kid Flash
>>
>>85259762
So Scott Lobdell's Red Hood and the Outlaws?
>>
File: DOOM-PATROL-2.jpg (2MB, 1200x1821px) Image search: [Google]
DOOM-PATROL-2.jpg
2MB, 1200x1821px
Now I just have to pray for pic related to unseat them all.

Or at least a good portion.

Please don't let sales kill Young Animal.
>>
>>85259777
he's kid flash now though

if bart ever comes back he'll probably just be impulse again
>>
>>85260493
Even just being in the top 20 would be admirable.
>>
>>85252780
>Midnighter and Apollo
>SJW

Kill yourself.
>>
>>85253606
>>85254646
It REALLY sucks though. This just means she's never leaving and Punisher will never have a decent comic ever again.
>>
>>85260870
>The Platoon will never come out
>>
>>85260870
Yeah I like Cloonan but she's not a great Punisher writer. I miss when she did art.
>>
>>85249644
>JL selling that high
>GA not selling the most
I want the casuals >>>/out/

>>85249666
>Fan outrage sells more books :^)
>>
I'm only reading Superman, Batman, Action and Flintstones. What else should I check out?
>>
>>85260493
DC really needs to try pushing the fact that they have Gerard Way on an ongoing with a pedigree. Call up some music mags, get a little article in Rolling Stone or something.
>>
>>85259865
>>85260561

And I'm telling you that the readers will stick with Black Wally in most online discussions. It is too dam descriptive of what he was meant to be.
>>
>>85261059
New Super-Man.

Blue Beetle when it comes out.
>>
>>85261137
Not too interested in new supes. I'll check out BB though.
Is Captain Atom getting an ongoing? I love shrinking stories.
>>
>>85261193
>Is Captain Atom getting an ongoing? I love shrinking stories.
You mean the Atom? There's no Atom book announced or anything but Ray and Ryan were both in Rebirth so there might be something soon
>>
>>85261059
Detective is fun for Tim Steph and Cass, and Clayface on the heroes side.
Aquaman is good.
Green Lanterns is fun, though the art varies with the issue.
Wonder Woman is doing interesting things.
Hellblazer is closer to what it should be.
Earth 2 is good and getting better under Abnett.
Batman Beyond is worth a look if you care about Terry coming back.
New Super-Man has promise, and is similar to 90's Superboy.
>>
>>85261059
Nightwing, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Aquaman
>>
>>85261193
>>85261239
Johns has been saying Atom is coming whenever he says LoSH, JSA, and Shazam are coming
>>
>>85254901
Looking forward to see you bitch because she's not acting like in muh precious Vision.
>>
>>85255602
He's CUTE, CUTE AND SUFFERS AND I WANT TO HUG HIM AND SAMALA 4 EVER
Basicall.
>>
>>85249696
This Friday

>>85252693
Diamond numbers are retailers' orders, while LCS sales reflect how many of one comic was actually bought by customers.

>>85259212
>flooding the market with more titles
Mostly influenced by the MCU/Marvel TV and muh copyright/trademarks or muh quirky girls (among the lesser-selling titles)
>>
>>85254383
>>85254576
>Dc has done it a lot over the years
They've literally rebooted 3 times in their 75 year history.

End of the Golden Age
COIE
Flashpoint
>>
>>85254901
His Archie is comfy, at least.
>>
>>85256209
>no X books
>one of the few things that always sold for Marvel has been completely removed

What exactly is going to get them to the top of charts with All New Marvel Now Again?
>>
>>85264656
The X-books will continue anyway, without the NOW! branding.
>>
>>85261059
Trinity and Young Animal books when they start coming out next month.
>>
>>85264656
War with Inhumans.
Three times.
>>
File: Marlel.png (48KB, 1280x778px) Image search: [Google]
Marlel.png
48KB, 1280x778px
>>85256209
;) Sure Mouseketeer
>>
>>85265021
>So do we know anything about her orientation?
>All I want is a Riri Williams and Moon Girl Science Sisters (Plus Devil Dinosaur) Team-Up. Badly.
>If nothing else, Bendis is trying something a little different and deserves credit for that.
>Love the hair
>But she's beautiful and I like her backstory def will be checking that book out.
>>
>>85265094
>implying any of those people who praise progressive comics buy comics
>Captain Marvel,a flagship title is selling at 20K despite pandering to lesbians and having its own retarded fanbase.
Nice asspull
>>
>>85255128
>DC couldn't actually get rid of a black character for a white one.
Exactly why we are stuck with cyborg
>>
>>85265525
But /co/ loves BOOYAHman.
>>
>>85264573

And now Rebirth.
>>
File: 1470467282570.jpg (10KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1470467282570.jpg
10KB, 320x320px
>>85265094
>there's actually riri porn
Sometimes rule34 is our enemy.
>>
>>85266101
That's what you get for ironically praising quirky colored girls.
Fucking shills everywhere.
I wonder would /co/ unironically like Riri if she wasn't Bendis' creation.
>>
>>85251366
Most of them are decent and strong. Really like, Green Arrow, Batman and Flash, wonder woman. Okay tier: Titans, JL, Action, detective
>>
File: CBR Marvel Now II Poll.jpg (97KB, 656x985px) Image search: [Google]
CBR Marvel Now II Poll.jpg
97KB, 656x985px
>>85265021
Should've included the questions to the poll, it makes it more effective.
>>
>>85266379
When she's not written by Bendis, she might be good
a character is as bad as the writer anon
>>
>>85264695
is Trinity good? I'd remove that and put New Super-Man and Green Arrow on there
>>
>>85267534
>is Trinity good?
It's not out yet.
>>
>>85266934
Yeah I'll fix it later.

>>85267534
Not even out yet, but Manabooch is on it so expect good visuals. Their Flash alone made that terrible decision of having lightning come out from him look so so so good.
>>
>>85266934
This fills me with hope.
>>
>>85266101
why is that bad
>>
>>85267555
>>85267566
did people actually like the story of the Flash?
It was beautiful sure, but kinda bland
>>
>>85265021
These graphs trigger me.
>>
>>85265573
/co/ loves cyborg we hate him on the league
>>
>>85251366
With Rebirth they won't release Hardcovers, only tpbs.
>>
>>85267521
Ew, don't use logic with me.
I know that, but I have yet to see anyone make me give a flying fuck about America Chavez, for example.
>>
>>85267566
They really overdo it with the lightening on flash these days.
>>
>>85267534
Trinity isn't out yet
But Manapul is writing and drawing, so it'll look beautiful but the story will be bad to mediocre
>>
File: muffin.jpg (37KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
muffin.jpg
37KB, 320x320px
>>85249644
>DC Rebirth still selling
My condolences to the haters, but this is a great time to be a DCfag.
>>
>>85267640
Ewing is really great at telling stories but he isn't really terrific at characterization and she was basically a lesbian plot device for Gillen in Loki/Teddy story like the rest of the YA were.
>>
>>85267566
>>85267575
I'm still amazed at it because it's not just a poll but one on CBR, where a lot of people defend Marvel's decisions, even bad ones, on a regular basis.

And speaking of which, I found out on Comics Beat that CBR got bought out and the new owners decided they no longer want to run columns. So Brian Hibbs' Tilting at Windmills is at Comics Beat and Augie De Blieck Jr moved his column to comicbook.com.
>>
>>85267834
CBR got sold to people who own Screen Rant and bunch of other sites I'm not familiar with.
>>
>>85254521

Honestly Cyborg has had it coming for years. He's always been top candidate to join the JL even before New 52.
>>
>>85249666
>Doctor Strange selling that much
Wow
>Paper Girls selling THAT much
YES!
>>
>>85267899
Is Paper Girls turning to shit by the beginning of the second arc?
>>
NOW'S the time to watch how long Harley Quinn and Suicide Squad will sell so well.
>>
>>85267894
Then have him grow up from the titans and then move into the league.

Im pretty sure thats what they did with starfire for the outlaws (as much as we all wish that never happened) (and if not thats probably what they should have done)

I think the major problem is the way they threw him in on the deep end he went from having his new powers to fighting darkseid later that day he should have been killed.

Come to think of it cyborg and starfire both got shuffled to difrent teams so why wasent raven on the justice league dark.
>>
>>85267927
ABSOLUTELY NOT! The girls from the eighties being equal parts enchanted and totally confused by everything common in the modern world and the Erin of Two Times connecting with eachother is Solid. Fucking. Gold.

If anything, Paper Girls is better now than ever! Go and read it. RIGHT NOW!

What if I told you I kniw hiw you died?
>>
>>85267959

I'm assuming lobdell called dibs.
>>
>>85267959
because DC is dumb and mostly makes bad decisions
DCYou was actually good and they killed it
Rebirth was a mistake
>>
>>85267981
BKV shill detected
>>
>>85268007
DCYou was a flop. Rebirth beats Marvel NOW! every which way.

>>85268009
Read some proper comics one in a while, you simpleton.
>>
>>85268022
besides fun books
>>
>>85268022
>Read some proper comics one in a while, you simpleton.
You are forcing me to read that comic by your wording. Get some more taste anon.

Here's your (You).
>>
>>85268007
DCYou was good. But taking the talent from those books and putting them on the bigger ones, then revamping the line was a smart decision from their viewpoint. And it worked. The books are selling, plus the new bi-monthly titles will go to trade faster, and the trade market is the fastest-growing market. They can win more readers that way, which will also ultimately also benefit stuff like Young Animal and minis like the Section 8 sequel and Midnighter & Apollo. Honestly, they're not doing too shabby.
>>
>>85268148
I'm just butthurt they cancelled Prez
>>
>>85268007
There's Young Animal to follow DCYou. DCYou was a massive financial disaster, even if it was good.
>>
>>85268121
>>85268144
Capeniggers, everyone.
>>
>>85268178
Understandable. So is that second season not coming? Fuck, I thought it would.
>>
>>85268178
Prez is coming back, and it was never going to get more than 12 issues based on it's sales. Young Animal is a much better prospect than seeing obscure books getting cancelled in DC main line.
>>
>>85252277
>But I don't like Red Robin's new costume

I don't like it either. Because it isn't a funeral shroud over a corpse.
>>
>>85268194
>implying I'm a capenigger
There are numerous Image comics better than Paper Girls.
>>
>>85268178
Pretty much my entire DC pull was cancelled due to Rebirth, so I feel you. But the new books aren't bad at least, and it could be good for more variety in the long run.
>>
>>85268201
>>85268209
>>85268238
Prez was supposed to have another mini series but now is only getting a 12 page election special
I will never forgive Johns (again)
>>
>>85268288
Sauce?
>>
>>85268238
>Pretty much my entire DC pull was cancelled due to Rebirth,

Because they didn't sell
>>
>>85268220
I'll agree to disagree with you on that.
>>
>>85268341
Another anon, but you have literal shit taste if you think BKV is the peak of the medium or Image comics.
>>
>>85256209

Well Marvel Now (Again) doesn't have Wolverine in their catalog, but it does have Unbeatable Squirrel Girl so I'm still not heading over to Marvel.

Literally the only one of their books which seems even remotely interesting is Infamous Iron Man.
>>
>>85267899

I'm really happy that Animosity is selling. Aftershock really needed a break
>>
>>85268353
Does >>85267899 have literal shit taste?
>>
>>85267981
What if your future self told you how shit your taste is
>>
>>85268411
He's just some guy talking about sales. But since he's on /co/, yes, he does.
>>
>>85268551
He loves Paper Girls though; that's the point of my replies.
>>
>>85268325
Yeah dude I know. In this case I'm not blaming DC, since they gave all of these books a chance, but it still sucked to lose all of them. I do blame them a little for pissing away goodwill with Convergence, which was a shitty event.
>>
>>85268353
>>85268363
>>85268411
>>85268503
>>85268580
I didn't know BKV gets tasteless people so buttmad.

Whatever, Paper Girls is selling like hotcakes so suck my dick!
>>
>>85268314
authors twitter
>>
File: redwood.jpg (748KB, 760x1567px) Image search: [Google]
redwood.jpg
748KB, 760x1567px
>Marvel can counteract DC's resurgence by increasing the amount of bad to mediocre comics they put out.

kinda bums me out
>>
>>85268354
Well there's also ASM: Renew Your Vows the ongoing by Conway and Stegman, but unless that leads into Marvel replacing Peter Stark with Spider-Dad next year, it's probably not long for this world
>>
>>85267606
nope. But I thought Gorilla Warfare was pretty neat. The rest were pretty eh. The Reverse Flash storyline was pretty ok, it had the best paneling and composition of the run.
>>
>>85268616
>he does not know that quality does not equal to sales
(You)
>>
>>85268616

Why did you link me? I was just talking about Animosity
>>
>>85266046

Rebirth isn't a reboot
>>
>>85268706
Because he's an avid fan of an Imagay comic. I'm not against Image as a whole though
>>
>>85267638
They'll do TPBs then Hardcovers right?

>>85268178
Prez is getting a Volume 2 you ingrate.
>>
File: image.jpg (938KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
938KB, 800x1132px
>>85249644
Was this month a harley quinn cover for the series?
>>
>>85268756
DC's not doing any themed variant months for now.
>>
>>85268780
Aww will they restart again?
That shit was really fun and looked great, much better than the shit Marvel does.
>>
>>85268780
Ok. Thx.
Thought they did because of the suicide squad energy.
>>
>>85266046
But Rebirth was the unreboot actually...
>>
I want to see a shirtless varient month next year, what will they do for Super Sons?
>>
>>85268007
I said it once and I'll say it again: DCYou was probably one of the best things DC's ever done but they did nothing to promote it. Prez was a critical darling and would've been the prefect book during the American Elections and if this anon is correct >>85268288 then it is a damned shame they won't get a follow up mini.

Johns should've gone balls out with the promo for DCYou and I'm still a little upset that with all this talk about making comics a little more diverse not one person praised DCYou for doing a good job with it. (At least imo it wasn't as forced as Marvel Now!)
>>
>>85253408
> I don't read comics but let me annoy you

Read comics
That is not the same thing as "read wikis and blog opinions"
When you understand this, then come back and post here

> but that's not how it works on my social media platform!
maybe you need to stay there
>>
>>85256209
go make marvel great again
>>
>>85268869
A lot of the LGBT-friendly outlets were really supportive of Midnighter, though sadly it didn't translate into sales. But apparently the trade sold really well, there was an article about it recently.
>>
File: w1bfuyqrn7mzcrjtjpix.png (606KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
w1bfuyqrn7mzcrjtjpix.png
606KB, 636x358px
>>85254934
>Marvel doesn't have any race swapped characters

You must be 18+ to post on 4chan
>>
>>85268726
>They'll do TPBs then Hardcovers right?
Amazon solicitation only list HCs. I think they'll do oversized HCs for successful books.
>>
>>85256810
>the one thing they said they'd never do
oh, like Spider-Men?
>>
>>85268896
Yeah but Midnighter was really the only one out of the DCYou though right? It just seems like whenever Marvel does something everyone talks about it. Midnighter was a fun book and while I wish that it had higher sales, I am glad that more people are checking out the trades.
>>
>>85268959
Well Damian's book was selling great until the original team had to start prepping for Superman.
I think it was the only DCYou release to get a HC.
>>
>>85268726
no it isn't
ask the writer
he has the scripts and everything and DC said no
>>
>>85268706
Animosity was wild
>>
>>85260493
Text less version?
>>
>>85268959
Yeah, I think it's a given that Marvel is more adept at press work, it can be frustrating. DCYou would have deserved more attention. There was a small pocket of reviewers who were championing Midnighter, Grayson, Omega Men etc. but it was not enough.
Gleason's Damian book was also insanely good and got barely any attention.
>>
>>85269059
What? Are you serious? Didio said it would multiple times. He wouldn't lie now, would he?
>>
>>85268913
They also forgot about the time James Rhodes subbed for Iron Man. Twice.
>>
>>85269229
Atleast Damian and Midnighter sold well.
>>
I really hope Marvel gets a real wake up call from this.
>>
>>85269337
gets a real wake up call from DC doing the same thing that Marvel does to up sales?
>>
>>85269347
>also behind five independent titles
>>
>>85269244
I asked the writer on twitter and he seemed really disapointed
>>
>>85269360
doesn't Marvel put out two indie titles
>>
>>85269379
One Millar, the other a long-running Bendis series.
>>
>>85268869
Promotion of an obscure book has never led to sales. Otherwise, Marvel would never have to cancel it's obscure books either.
>>
>>85269369
Fuck.
>>
File: Batman - Smug.jpg (22KB, 176x184px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Smug.jpg
22KB, 176x184px
>>85268876

>Muh nigga!
>>
>>85268007
>because DC is dumb and mostly makes bad decisions
Yes
>DCYou was actually good and they killed it
Yes but they killed it because they fucked up the marketing so they had to
>Rebirth was a mistake
Your a fucking faggot there has been an instant and consistent boost in quality.
>>
>>85268599
I liked convergence it was definintly better then multiversity.
I certaintly understand why most people did not like it they are pretty much all valid criticisms just not the sort that bothered me much.
>>
>>85269746
Do you praise Convergence because of tie ins or because of main books?
>>
>>85269347
Inmoral varient cover incentives?
>>
>>85269746
>I liked convergence
Good
>it was definintly better then multiversity.
For you.
>>
>>85269772
Main book i have not even read any of the tie ins.
I think i mostly just needed something refreshing after how crap multiversity was.

I bet if i went back and reread it i would probably find a lot more wrong with it.
>>
>>85269786
Huh. Interesting.
Read those tie ins, senpai. Majority is fine as fuck.
>>
>>85269775
DC does not do "your retailer's orders of X must match Y% more than those of the previous issue" variants to all retailers anymore.
>>
>>85269746
>I liked convergence better than Multiversity
You're entitled to your opinion, but what?

>>85269796
I second this anon though. Tie ins were much better than the main book.
>>
Hellblazer despretly needed dcyou as a stopgap after his new52 was so poorly recived that being decent (with a fantastic final issue) means people might be willing to read the rebirth series

I really hope its good the rebirth issue was great until it shit the bed at the end.
>>
>>85269808
3 main reasons
Partialy its because it was not what i was expecting and wanted i wanted a nice fun romp through the multiverse not something this meta
The descision to make the guidebook part of the story was terrible.
I did not like the stuff with the comics.

Some of the individual issues were great i especialy liked earth me (and thunderworld despite the questions it left me with) but as a whole it did not really work

And a far more minor nitpick i did not like that dream was shared between worlds im pretty sure that was the case already but it would have been nice if it was retconed.
>>
>>85268796
Probably? When all the titles come back. Some sites (READ:Outhousers, Bleeding Cool) like to give DC shit about those variants IIRC, like it fuels the collector attitude of buyers and forces them to buy more than what they really want. What's stupid is that Marvel does the same thing incentivized and no one bats an eye
>>
>>85269244
Russel said it's on "Indefinite Hiatus" which means it's either it's being put off to release after the first set of minis conclude or it's shelved.

>>85269786
>He liked Convergence
What? It was pretty eh from what I remember
>>
>>85270482
There has been a swing against marvel from the news sites recently so maybe people will start calling them out on there varient practices.
>>
>>85269291
And yet not enough to get a new book. I'm mad.
>>
>>85268796
>>85270482
Every book get a free to order variant every month, it's just that they won't match the other books anymore. No real difference but i guess people think it's less gimmicky?

I'm mostly upset that they never did a multiverse month
>>
>>85271439
Why would it matter if there gimmicky anyway
Look at idws rob cover month that made some incredible covers.
Fuck that was the month they released those snake horror storys i forgot to pick up a copy
>>
>>85271382
At least Midnighter is getting a mini in the fall, which is pretty good considering the initial sales. And with Rebirth bringing in more readers, perhaps more people will discover him.
And Damian is in a couple books. Nothing on the quality yet, but at least there's that.
>>
>>85270482
Are you surprised? DC gets shit on for everything they do. Marvel practically owns the press. Comics and movies- it's the same shit.
>>
>>85269337
>marvel getting a wake up call from DC relaunching and double shipping
They have most of their original heroes back, so yeah they'll get a wake up call telling them to relaunch again but this time have have half their shit double shipping
>>
>>85249644
Not hyped about the Harley wave, but I'm glad. Maybe this will get the people at marvel to understand no one wants this bendis crap and constant raceswapping
>>
File: image.gif (678KB, 283x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
678KB, 283x310px
The amount of salty MCUdrones in this thread are hilarious. You people don't even read comics why are you so butthurt?
>>
>>85251366
Personally, the only thing I like is the Titans.
>>
>>85249644
Who fucking cares? Marvel is the biggest thing in Movies, a market that actually matters. At this point they're just giving Damage Control the comics market out of mercy so their IPs aren't completely worthless when Marvel buys them out.
>>
>>85273437
>people actually believe this
>>
>>85252969
>replace green lantern with a muslim and a girl
>blue bettles mexican
>teen titans are all non white
>wallys blacc
Bu bu but d.c. doesnt pander to non white males the post
>>
>>85273641
(you)
>>
>>85273641
Baz is 4 years old, and Jaime has been around for over a decade, the Teen Titans are all their own race.

Try harder. Why are you even defending a brand that you only watch movies for? Its okay Mousekeeters you will continue to dominate the movie market for children.
>>
File: 1468734104802.jpg (36KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
1468734104802.jpg
36KB, 500x343px
>>85252041
>Green Lanterns, and Red Hood are on the border.
>>
File: 1467066306550.png (146KB, 243x701px) Image search: [Google]
1467066306550.png
146KB, 243x701px
>>85254900
>A large portion og the city gets hit with the speed force
>They are literally training a speed force
>Godspeed

How is that minimal?
>>
>>85273641
>replace green lantern with a muslim and a girl

Baz was created 4 years ago and Johns always had it planed for him to be earth's GL, he also had him planed to be partners with Jessica, who had been developed into the role of GL, they didn't just take an completely new character or an existing character (Who has no need to be in a different position than they are in) like Marvel have done will Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Wolverine ect.

>blue beetles mexican

This year marks Jaime's 10th year since he debuted, it's not some new character that was pulled out of someones ass. Anyway, Ted is still doing stuff, I wouldnt be surprised if that after the first story arch that Ted will suit up anyway

>Titans are all non-white

Starfire is an alien, Beast-Boy is green because of his powers, Raven is half demon and half alien, Wally is new-52 mixed race wally (They couldn't just get rid of him) and Damian is half white, a quarter chinese and a quarter arab.

Only two of them are legitimately non white

>Wallys blacc

We have both wally's now they're cousins. Read Titans if you're so worried about Black Wally

Bait was 2/10, got me to respond
>>
>>85273951
Woah there jim I'd give that bait a 4/10

You did refute all his points instead of answering with a good reaction image. I'd say he's done well enough to earn an extra two points
>>
>>85267834
>So Brian Hibbs' Tilting at Windmills is at Comics Beat

good to know
>>
>>85268959
Black Canary and Starfire were nothing special but both did ok financially. I hope Omega Men sees a little Batbump in the trade sales.
>>
>>85273895
He means that the Flash arc is not related to Manhattan/Rebirth stuff not that it's minimal on its own.
>>
>>85273437
Delicious Pasta
>>
File: June 2016 Titles.png (30KB, 335x335px) Image search: [Google]
June 2016 Titles.png
30KB, 335x335px
>>85251895
>tfw DC is still cucked from Majority Unit and Dollar %
It's possible, considering Marvel is putting out near double the amount of singles and half as many more trades. It's very easy to see Marvel maintain market dominance simply due to flooding the market with titles. If DC's share gets close to Marvel's, then that's a huge victory. They're getting really strong sales from their products on a title-for-title basis and basically raking in cash while keeping production costs down.
>>
>>85273641
They didn't replace them though.

>>85274419
Don't marvel trades sell like shit?
>>
>>85274725
>Don't marvel trades sell like shit?
yes
it's why when they get one that doesn't sell like shit, they actually keep the book alive, even if it makes /co/ upset
>>
>>85271382
>>85271813
And Orlando alluded on twitter that Midnighter's gonna show up in the Monster Men crossover
>>
>>85274725
>Don't marvel trades sell like shit?
That's kind of my point. Marvel puts out a ton of stuff which doesn't sell too much. But due to the sheer amount of product they're putting on the shelves they're maintaining a sizable market and dollar share of the comics industry. In comparison, DC has gone really lean with their releases right now compared to the past and have lowered their price point for singles but have kept relatively the same market and dollar share as before and may possibly increase in the coming months. This means that people are buying their products by the ton. Yet another "the companies are polar opposites" example for the Hypercrisis threads.
>>
>>85249644
This can't be happening. I'm going to cry. Why isn't Marvel doing something to stop them?
>>
File: Untitled.png (330KB, 572x583px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
330KB, 572x583px
but are they the king of Comic Book Nerds?
Thread posts: 266
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.