[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what exactly is so bad about suicide squad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 411
Thread images: 38

File: image.jpg (51KB, 788x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 788x525px
So what exactly is so bad about suicide squad?
>>
WB
>>
>>85123956
it's not Marvel.
>>
>>85124014
/thread
>>
>>85123956

Trying too hard.

Not to be a Marvel mark, but think about it. Marvel just eases into things, they take their time. The build up is worth the payoff. But the DCCU is rushing things. They're trying too hard to make the fans happy and as a result they're failing.
>>
>>85124049
>The build up is worth the payoff

Mediocrity?
>>
>>85124049
I think this is why WW will be the first good movie. There is no rush to set things up since it's in the past. We already know where she will end up, all the set up for her future stuff has been done already so if we have some it will probably be minimal. Unless they go full retard which would not surprise me.
>>
>>85124104
I will honestly take mediocrity over a flaming pile of garbage.
>>
>>85123956
DC trying to be funny when historically they're just not good at it.
Quips and shit are Marvel's game, don't try to imitate that.
>>
>>85123956
you tell me senpai
>>
>>85124122

Everyone's been wanting a Wonder Woman movie. If DC/WB screw this up then the DCCU is officially a failure.
>>
>>85123956
t. DC exec trying to find out why his movie flopped so hard
>>
>>85123956
Stuff like that pic you posted not actually being in the movie
>>
>>85123956
I'll let you know once I've actually seen it.
>>
>>85124122
>the whole movie keeps trying to set up threats to her life
>there's never even an implied threat to any of her human friends
>to really nail the point down she keeps saying she doesn't want to die like this or that
>forty minute dream sequence featuring El Hombre Murcielago y El Hombre Relampago explaining how windowed GUI operating systems will work when they're invented and what a video file is in order to prevent a time paradox
>villain bathes in piss
>"My mother's name was Diana"
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 560x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 560x330px
>>85124154
>Historically they're just not good at it

You mean Snyder, right?

Because its the universe DC movies, plus Catwoman and Green Lantern, that have sucked ass.
>>
File: cinematic_universes.jpg (172KB, 1024x660px) Image search: [Google]
cinematic_universes.jpg
172KB, 1024x660px
>>85124049
Pretty much, yup.
>>
>>85124365

Precisely.
>>
>>85123956
Nobody kills themselves.

They just let themselves be killed by others.

Should be homicide victim squad, or euthanized squad at best.
>>
>>85124483
Among all of this shitshow I haven't even thought to ask who dies.
>>
>>85124549
the obvious ones everybody called on day one.
>>
>>85124549
I still haven't heard of any boomerang usage. Money shots, melee, special boomerangs. Nada.

But apparently Slipknot, Diablo, Enchantress (but not the girl) and Joker (but not really) all die.
>>
>>85124595
There's a normal stunning one he uses to double cross his bank robbing partner, an explosive one, couple he uses to cut/stab people with and a camera-rang he uses to spy shit on his phone.
>>
>>85124549
Exactly who we thought, Slipknot dies and Diablo has a noble sacrifice.
>>
>>85124687
All of those just sound sad. The last one is okay, but nothing extraordinarily clever.
>>
zack snyder
>>
Somebody linked me a review

The first two paragraphs called it "too violent, sexist, racist" and I stopped reading, I know now that these movies only get bad reviews because of MCU bias
>>
>>85124014
Yeah, pretty much.

I can accept it's not very good, has pacing problems, etc. But it seems again and again with each review I read that critics have decided there's exactly one way you're allowed to do superhero movies now.

And it's so strange because they loved TDK, but suddenly after Avengers these movies are expected not to take themselves totally seriously.
>>
>>85123956
Pacing. Remember Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Batman v Superman? How those movies had so much potential but it's squandered on splintering plot points that don't have satisfactory resolutions?

That's it.
>>
So Captain Boomerang is basically Goob from Meet The Robinsons, right?
>>
>>85124122
I'm not so sure at this point... Some of the early talks was that WW was going to show why actions in World War I caused Diana to live in seclusion and fade into legend until BVS
>>
>>85124812
I am pretty sure it was WW1 in general that did it, I mean if my first experience with humanity was one of the bloodiest and most pointless wars I would want to get the fuck out too.
>>
>>85123956
>pic related
>>
>>85124875
Not to mention the Treaty Of Versailles was a mess. Half of the signers knew Germany was going to turn inside out, and they fucked Japan for no reason on the fleet limits portion.
>>
>>85124122
>I think this is why WW will be the first good movie.
Suicide Squad IS the first good movie. Who in this thread has actually seen it? Because damn I enjoyed it.
>>
File: opinion.png (463KB, 689x429px) Image search: [Google]
opinion.png
463KB, 689x429px
How about this, I have the perfect solution to the drama.

How about everyone go see the movie and we have a talkback thread on Saturday 1am eastern standard time?

That way, we can all shitpost, praise, or debate the movie like young gentlemen and ladies.

Sounds good?

Just kidding, keep defending and shit talking a movie you haven't seen. faggots
>>
>>85124447
>>85124365
>lets just ignore IM2 and to some extent The Avengers.jpg
>>
>>85124049
it's like a kid inviting his friends over except that one kid. That kid gets mad and then tries to invite people the same day but no one shows up
>>
>>85124184
>Flopped so hard
>Hasn't opened yet

Faggot
>>
>>85125043
Avengers is fine in terms of continuity, the worst thing about it is they had to rush the "Cap gets frozen and wakes up in the modern day to join the team" storyline instead of letting him earn his living legend title and set up Bucky properly.
>>
>>85125122
Just /tv/
>>
>>85124778
>And it's so strange because they loved TDK, but suddenly after Avengers these movies are expected not to take themselves totally seriously.
Maybe because TDK was actually a well written, well directed, well performed movie with sense of pacing, characterization and theming. TDKR was bad and had nothing to do with Marvel. Maybe you need to accept the current DC movies are just plain terrible and stop blaming the competiton.
>>
>>85124365
Marvel had a few ideas that caught on with the public. The phase BS wasn't thought about until year three of phase one.

Personally, I would have straight copied the Marvel plan for DC.

>Batman, WW, and Superman stand alone films with subtle hints to larger things.
>Introduce BVS as a two part movie. Have part one show that the world loves and hates Supes.
>BVS part two is about the fighting. Use Metallo instead of Doomsday for the villain. Setup Metallo "dying" due to Supes in part one.
>Lead into JL with trinity meetup at the end of Cyborg or Aqua Man movie. Make the movie a "must see" with word of mouth at how the JL forms at the end of said movie.
>Lead into a TRUE JL movie with Darkseid or minion of Darkseid appearing.

My friend is a die-hard DC fan, and he hates how the movies are going so fast to setup a DCU like the MCU. Take it slow and let the hype build naturally.
>>
>>85124154
...marvel isn't good at it either
>>
>>85124933
>they fucked Japan for no reason on the fleet limits portion.

Without the fleet limits portion Japan would be able to utterly dominate a Far East conflict unless the Europeans were willing to devote a significant portion of their modern ships to defend their colonies. It'd ultimately be a losing proposition. If things stayed the same then Europe would be looking at Japan throwing top of the line ships against low-strength fleets full of obsolete and second-tier ships. If they the reorganized their forces they'd be pitting modern ships against modern ships while weakening the Home fleets. And in either scenario they'd be fighting with an extremely stretched supply chain.
>>
>>85124365
>dat marvel plan

Come on . Having Samuel l Jackson show up after the credits isn't a huge plan.
>>
>>85125268
Critics and audiences disagree with you.
>>
>>85124014
People forget that Marvel movies on average get a 7/10 on RT...they just look at the fresh rating .
7/10 is basically a C
Slightly worse than that is terrible. You can't be even slightly worse than bottom of the barrel

Copying off a "C student" is just a bad idea
>>
>>85124154
>DC trying to be funny
Having seen SS, they actually succeed quite well.
>>85125268
I disagree.
>>
File: 1469910804367.jpg (85KB, 495x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469910804367.jpg
85KB, 495x720px
Where the fuck did this movie come from.

Who wanted this? Why did it get made? Why is the Suicide Squad popular all of a sudden? Was it because of the advertisement from this movie? Is it just that Hardly Quinn is a hipster cuh-rayzy zany girl icon? I just don't get it.
>>
>>85125430
whether or not you like the movies, you have to admit they did a lot of work setting up their shared universe.
>>
>>85125182

I dunno, on one hand I think DC being forced from the outside in, that is, having a shared setting that all the characters participate in, lends itself to a different tone and style than Marvel, in that the characters are established and built off of their interactions with each other and with the events of that setting as a whole. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.

Marvel on the other hand has started from the characters being introduced individually and dealing with their own personal problems before being ushered into the setting as a whole and interacting with other characters, and while that can create some fantastic origin stories and solo movies, most of the weakest parts of the MCU have been the big hyped up crossovers (Age of Ultron and Civil War) as well as the instances where those characters are introduced to the larger setting and they bungle that integration (Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor 2).

I think the problem with Warner Bros. scrambling to play catch-up isn't the structure of their cinematic universe, but that the executives don't just want a solid movie to build off of, but a big, earthshattering, legendary blockbuster to show off, and they keep overextending themselves on it.
>>
>>85123956
There was nothing wrong with it. It was another addition to the DCEU's epic capekino saga.

Plebs be gone. Suicide Squad is putting Marvel on Suicide Watch.
>>
File: 6-02pic1.jpg (169KB, 300x459px) Image search: [Google]
6-02pic1.jpg
169KB, 300x459px
>>85125277
>he thinks the Washington Naval Treaty was meant to stop Japan preying on European colonies
It was because the Americans were terrified about the prospect of the Anglo-Japanese Alliance having more ships the US Navy. They worked ceaselessly to break up that alliance and Britain sadly needed American money more than Japanese friendship.
With Britain turning away from them, Japan sought a new European partner and inspirer in Germany. And we all know how that turned out.
TL;DR - it's American stupidity, paranoia and racism that's to blame for Japan's chimpout in the 30s and 40s.
>>
>>85124104
MARTHA
>>
>>85124164
i don't think you understand the definition of "everyone"
>>
>>85125489
"We want the GotG bucks" + "edgy=adult" is pretty much it.
>>
>>85125501
Nicely said anon. I 110% agree with you.

WB wants the results of a big blockbuster without the hype. Out of all the Marvel movies, I remember the stand alone films more fondly than the team ups.
>>
>>85124267
>>forty minute dream sequence featuring El Hombre Murcielago y El Hombre Relampago explaining how windowed GUI operating systems will work when they're invented and what a video file is in order to prevent a time paradox

I laughed, but just because she said she was withdrawn from humanity for a hundred years doesn't mean she wouldn't know how to computer. Just look at this board.
>>
File: 1429662362010.png (521KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
1429662362010.png
521KB, 720x528px
>>85124752
>only

Because the shitty studio who brought you BvS and has consistently ruined DC movies aside from Nolan's Batman is improbable to ruin yet another movie. It HAS to be bias.
>>
File: 1356573506542.jpg (16KB, 294x268px) Image search: [Google]
1356573506542.jpg
16KB, 294x268px
>>85125586
>WB wants the results of a big blockbuster without the hype

Pretty much. And I was hoping that after BvS' PR fiasco that Warner Bros. would back off and let Suicide Squad be a nice, lower-key film that would become a sleeper hit to win back some of that goodwill that they lost.

But nope they oversold on it and meddled too much in its production again.
>>
>>85125687
To be honest, I liked the result I saw.
>>
Saw it. I was really hoping this was going to be a good film. 7/10 at best.
>>
>>85125658
so why Nolan's Batmans films aren't shitted on? first one was meh, dark knight was GOAT and the third one was uh...
yet, no one made such a shitstorm as with BvS
>>
>>85125858
Uh? 7//10 is a good film rating.

though would give it a 7.5/10, personally.

Had fun from start to finish.
>>
>>85125919
That's why I said at best. It had some really great elements, but the final act fell very short - imo
>>
>>85125977
Seemed just the right length, to me.

Liked what they did with Diablo.
>>
>>85125919
>7/10
>70%
Literally a C

That's not very good. Though I guess that's what marvel gets and I enjoy their films.
>>
>>85125494
I like the movies. They're just not amazing work of cinematic blockbustery.

The shared universe never meant much to me because it always came off as an Easter egg joke more than anything else.
>oh it's fury haha

I'd rather the movies stand on their own...the avenger films have been uniformity awful so it was a build up to nothing
>>
>>85125876
Ye..Yeah we did? We to this day make fun of it.
>>
>>85124306
There were quite a few HORRIBLE Batman movies that came out before you were born, little Gen Z'er duder.
>>
>>85127777
Forever is better than most marvel movies, in fact forever has the marvel formula. Batman and robin was shit.
>>
>>85123956
producers basically fired the director and editors and tried to make a movie despite having almost no idea how to make a movie.
>>
>>85125182
COPYING MARVEL 0/10

It's just an alternate route that leads to the same result. Why bother? It will always be either "it ain't Marvel" or "just a poor imitation of Marvel :^)"
>>
>>85123956
Pic related isn't even it
>>
>>85127272
Movies aren't video games, 5 is actually average in film
>>
>>85124122
No see, it was.

Now all fuck tumblr bullshit aside, this was going to be the most solid movie they were going to make, for the reasons you mentioned already. And they weren't going to go full retard.

But when Suicide Squad does back, the producers are going to panic. Then they are going to put their grubby little meathooks on WW, trying to make it better, make it WORK THIS TIME! They will make it whatever everybody says Suicide Squad should have been, without thinking about what Wonder Woman should be.

and their cut is going to suck balls. It's going to be BVS all over again.

It was going to be great. But now it's not. And Justice League will have not one but 3 steaming piles of failure leading to it and pull a star trek beyond but worse.
>>
>>85125182
And suicide squad late tier two or tier 3 after several of the villans have appeared at least breifely in earlier titles.

Maybe shake up the cast of the squad a bit so it isn't all about batman.
>>
>>85125489
"THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS FOR US IS EDGY DARK SHIT LIKE BATMAN"

"WE CAN TAKE ALL HIS VILLIANS AND MAKE A WHOLE EDGY DARK TEAM OF VILLIANS! SO EDGY, SO DARK!"

"MAYBE IT'S THE COKE TALKING BUT THAT'S JUST EDGY AND DARK ENOUGH TO WORK"
>>
File: __eZT6.gif (739KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
__eZT6.gif
739KB, 320x240px
>>85125047
>yfw when you were that kid
>>
>>85124049

Marvel has a formula that works and sticks to it. Family friendly blockbuster movies that are fun and not that ambitious. It works and people love it.

But man DC just can't catch a break.
>>
I think DC has a problem of telling and not showing. For example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9MjMPoWERY

That dialogue is painful. It reminds me of this kid I went to high school with who tried to write Kill Bill Part 3, where Bill wasn't really dead and there were four more assassin, and the description for each assassin was "Kimblar Macoco, an African Warlord who viciously fights with cannibalistic urges, and fights with samurai sword" and "Vladamir Rustavick, who Russian brawler attitude can level walls and fight with samurai sword" (Yes, each description ended with fights with samurai sword)
>>
>>85124595
>Joker (but not really)
so do you mean Joker appears to die but then he's revealed still be alive in the stinger or whatever or are you saying that rumor that it's not the real Joker but someone else (like Jason Todd) posing as Joker is true? just so we're clear
>>
>>85124122
Man of steel was good tho
>>
>>85125313
well, this was a 2016 version, where the Civil War guys literally said they had cards and were doing it like a tv writers room. Their previous plan was a lot more straightforward: make one movie, and if people like it, make another. Have some fun easter eggs to get people to see all the people we got to work on this film.
>>
Worst case scenario: Marvel wouldn't ever try to make a movie about villain THUNDERBOLTS

Best case scenario: Marvel will show how it's done FULLY ERECT
>>
>>85129662
Yeah, but that shared universe shit, which probably was a "this doesn't work out, at least the nerds will appreciate the cameo", ended up laying a hell of a foundation. Even if it wasn't just as planned they sure figured out what to do with it.
>>
>>85129539
That he appears to die. But you know he won't and he'll be back for another movie. If they ever make one, that is.

I haven't seen it, I was just relaying.
>>
>>85125419
You mean the same people that praised the new Ghostbusters and Age of Ultron? People don't know shit
>>
>>85129774
Is it horrible that I'd hope the first teaser poster for it would actually say "Now we'll show you how it's done"
>>
File: 1425296380_3.jpg (72KB, 640x483px) Image search: [Google]
1425296380_3.jpg
72KB, 640x483px
>>85129422
They do. because of their time tables Ayer wrote that script in 6 weeks.

For comparison, Marvel has apparently been hashing out the script for infinity war for at least 3 months now. And they've still got 2-3 months left till they start shooting. Then another 12-18 odd months for editing and reshoots. WB just isn't running these productions well, which is just weird, because they give a lot more time for a lot of other projects.
>>
>>85129818
"They can do what others can't!"

Implying villains taking up hero job, but also implying Marvel doing what DC can't
>>
>>85129582
Yeah it was great. Favorite scene? First Flight is still the best for me.
>>
File: 1388254793042.jpg (69KB, 423x634px) Image search: [Google]
1388254793042.jpg
69KB, 423x634px
>another DC movie that was 3 hours long and then cut to shreds for theatrical release making it incomprehensible
>>
>>85125182
>doing BVS at all

This is why fans shouldnt be in charge of DC either. Having the first time batman and superman are in a film together be them fighting is stupid. Do Justice league, do worlds finest, save them fighting for later.
>>
>>85123956
It caused mom's to freak.
>>
File: 1466974864203.png (405KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
1466974864203.png
405KB, 665x662px
>>85130297

>you will never make love in the missionary position for to sole purpose of reproduction to enji night

WHY
EVEN
FUCKING
LIVE
>>
>>85129903
It concerns me when movies are on such tight schedules. It prevents more creative ideas from coming through.
>>
>>85123956
It has the lighting and framing of a music video.

Gaps in runtime are filled with blaring soundtrack over montage

Most characters receive little development seemingly to keep the film a trim 100 minutes but actually to its detriment - this issue is made especially jarring by the above complaint (why are so playing this loud music instead of having development of story or characters?)

A rushed script that cannot even muster 3 acts. It has a 0th act, a 1st and a 3rd. The realization you'll receive sitting in your theater seat that all of the backstory and flashbacks was setting up for a by the numbers point A to point B story with ZERO twists will make your heart drop in your chest after you started to enjoy some of the characters.

Hit or miss performances.

Hey OP your image isnt even in the movie! So lastly, lying marketing. Ayers dark and gritty pitch is primarily retained. All the neon colors, cereal bowls, hot topic, pop music shit has always been WB executive meddling and is not at all relevant to the movie -- adding another level of disappointment for reviewers.
>>
>>85130722
*140 minutes
>>
>>85123956
The word is that editing has fucked it up. The final cut is all over the place and choppy, and even to those who don't know anything about the production it's obvious a ton of shit got cut due to story coherence (Or lack of it)

Most people seem to like most of the character portrayals. People like Leto Joker especially but then also point out he's hardly in it despite marketing, as Enchantress is the main villain. But of course, she isn't as marketable
>>
>>85130812
Exec meddling. I forget the name of the WB Exec but he was quoted as saying something along the lines of 'BvS damaged the brand".

So reshoots were done. And they used the people who edited the trailer. Apparently there's 2 cuts of the movie, what we're getting is a mix of the two.
>>
File: who the hell is bruce wayne.jpg (143KB, 1056x742px) Image search: [Google]
who the hell is bruce wayne.jpg
143KB, 1056x742px
>>85123956
>NOT MUH
Really it comes down to that. It's has nothing to do with Disney or Marvel, it's people. People are so connivance they know what Superheroes movies should be like. Marvel has put out some shitty movies but they only get slap on the wrist because the characters and world stay close to what people know of these comics traits. But WB/DC is going with changing these character and worlds to something different that is hasn't been seen before. So people get the "NOT MUH" attitude which affects the whole experience and opinion of the movie.
>>
You know, I noticed something on the official DC YouTube channel.

During the last month leading to this movie's release, only 2 videos were explicitly about Suicide Squad.
One was a sponsored ad for Samsung and the other one was a cosplay contest.

You'd think that they would try to hype that movie up as much as possible.

It's almost as if they knew it was going to be a shitshow
>>
>>85123956
it's a meme film favored by reddit
>>
>>85131006
This, however for the most part DC's interpretations are fucking awful, especially Superman and his related characters
>>
>>85123956
Because you can't make a movie by taking a random selection of people from the street and having them rate 30 second clips.
>>
>>85123956
2edgy4me
>>
>>85131091
I was under the impression they released a few trailers focusing on specific characters as well as a new trailer made for Comic Con.
>>
>>85123956
that tryhard faggot for one
>>
>>85123956
The Joker's in it
Joker was never in Suicide Squad originally because supervillains with mental and emotional issues being forced to go on black ops missions was entertaining enough on its own.
>>
I just saw the movie, won some tickets for an advanced screening.

The movie was pretty good if you ask me, it was fun time and the whole theater seemed to be enjoying themselves.I mean everyone was laughing at the proper times in the movie and people left the auditorium genuinely talking about the movie as if they were having a good time
>>
>>85123956
As a marvelfag I'd say this is the best movie DC has put out since Superman returns.
I actually find this to be their less tryhard one.

I like this more than GotG or antman and the 2thors
>>
>>85132139

Why should i trust you and not the critics?

People have been saying it is worse than Green Lantern, Catwoman and Jonah Hex.
>>
>>85129539
He appears to die in a Helicopter crash, but at the very end of the movie he breaks Harley out. The movie ends with them kissing.
>>
>>85132310

Bait.
>>
>>85128139
Because at least it won't be a poor imitation or watchable.
>>
>>85132330
Because critics don't look at movies the same way most people do.
>>
>>85132330
I don't care if you trust me or not, I am just going to recommend you see the movie and make your own decision. I only made my reply because I didn't see the reason to make anew thread when it was unneeded
>>
>>85125018
I wish It was that simple
>>
>>85132310
>the 2thors
Having cancer is better than the 2 Thors.
>>
>>85132444
That's why Jane is Thor now, it finally makes sense
>>
>>85125489
>where did this movie came from
People more creative than you? I can assure you m8 that all you naysayers are on the wrong side and SS blows away most whatever fucking phase Marvel is in
>>
>>85129774
But Marvel doesn't have any good villains?
>>
One complaint i have seen mentioned is that this is a movie that should have been R-rated. It is very hard to make a bunch of shanghaied supervillains to sell their act in PG-13
>>
>>85132330
There has been ONE review that said that.
>>
>>85132710
I found they did a fine enough job with the PG13 rating but I would agree that certain scenes could have been a bit more extreme and intense with an R rating but I never felt it was fully necessary with what I saw
>>
>>85132330
>people
You mean that ONE guy? Cause that SOBGLE review is ONLY review that mebtions catwoman, Jonah Hex, and Green Lantern.
>>
>>85125018
>How about everyone go see the movie and we have a talkback thread on Saturday 1am eastern standard time?
Nice try, Warner Brothers. BUT YOU AIN'T FOLLING ME.
>>
>>85132330
The critical consensus is way more divisive than this guy is trying to make out and the critics who are saying this is a terrible movie are not making very strong cases.
>>
>>85130477
It's actually really funny because this is part of it. Critics "freaked" because of the "racism", "sexism" and other "problematic" things in this movie.
>>
>>85123956

It's better than Iron Man 2, Thor, Thor 2, and Avengers 2.

Which doesn't make it amazing, and it's definitely a clusterfuck. But there were definitely enjoyable things about it.

Viola Davis was great as Amanda Waller.

Joel Kinnaman was really good as Rick Flag.

Jai Courtney was good (never thought I'd say that) as Captain Boomerang.

Dude who's name I can't spell was cool as Killer Croc.
>>
>>85125018
not wasting my money on shit negro
>>
>>85129086
>It was going to be great. But now it's not.

Only the latter half of this is true. There's every chance it would have sucked regardless, too.
>>
>>85125489
Almost like its based on a comic or some shit. Also funny how most of the ones shitting on it the hardest here haven't actually watched it.
>>
>>85125018
If you keep giving them money, they'll keep getting away with it. Shitting on it without seeing it is the only true path.

Paradoxical, yes, but it's the only option we have.
>>
>>85132139
The fact that you know how to post on 4chan makes you smarter than 90% of the critics, so I trust you more.
>>
>>85132139

Name your favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger movie
>>
>>85130812
>>85130946
Wonder if there is any chance of getting a director's cut with all the missing shit back in. So fucking disappointing. WB execs need to be shown the fucking door.
>>
>>85133797
damn man that's a tough decision to make. I loved quite a few of them. I guess I will have to decide between Predator, Terminator 2, and Total Recall
>>
>>85133864

Alright. Your taste are fine. I believe you then.
>>
>>85133820
As do their directors and writers. Clean fucking house.
>>
>>85133864
>>85133880
What would have indicated him having bad taste?
>>
>>85134069

Not watching Arnold movies or even enjoying them.

There's really no wrong choice when it comes to Arnold. Except for not liking Arnold.
>>
>>85132710
The movie's basically trying to be GOTG for edgy 14 year olds, so they couldn't up the rating and screw with a potentially decent revenue stream.

And speaking of edgy 14 year olds, I'm supposed to go see this thing tomorrow night and I'm 99 percent sure it's gonna be nothing but fedoras, 14 year old edgelords, and bitches dressed up as Harley Quinn.
>>
>>85124104
Here's the thing with MCU movies: they are consistently not awful. They are sometimes quite good. They don't take them too seriously.

Iron Man and Guardians of the Galaxy were both genuinely great and memorable movies. Ant-Man and Winter Soldier were very entertaining. Even the worst of the rest were never painful to sit through and had their fun moments.

I haven't watched Civil War, but it sounds like it's at least as good as Winter Soldier. They have 13 movies out, 2 will probably go on being watched a hundred years from now, another 3 are must-watch blockbusters for regular moviegoers, and the other 7 are entirely compatible with a fun evening out with family or friends.

There's no risk in going to an MCU movie. It's going to be lighthearted fun, with some interesting thoughts.

The DCEU is taking the worst aspects of the MCU (things like cross-promotion and product placement), and they're telling stories that are dark and pretentious, and turn the source material on its head, without being thoughtful. MCU movies are silly movies that laugh with you at implausible characters doing impossible things for relatable reasons. DCEU movies are stupid movies that grimly present implausible characters doing impossible things for insane reasons.

Somehow, they've managed to make Superman an asshole. How do you make Superman an asshole? He's not even a likeable asshole.
>>
>>85134495
>consistently
I dunno know abut that m8 because lately it has been kind of a shit streak.
>>
>>85134495
>but it sounds like it's at least as good as Winter Soldier.

It isn't.

Winter Soldier is one of the few Marvel films which is actually good.

Civil War is one of it's worse films.
>>
>>85134495
At least their not-so-great movies are timely, like the first Avengers, which doesn't really hold up all that well now, but at the time was just what everyone wanted/needed.

>>85134544
>TWS
>GotG
>AoU
>Ant-Man
>CW
Only AoU was iffy, and on a first watch it's a perfectly passable movie.
>>
File: 1428686884842.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
1428686884842.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>85134578
>>
>>85134604
>AoU was iffy
No it was bad and so was Civil war.
>>
>>85134626

I'm confused? Are you saying Winter Soldier is bad or that Civil War is good?

Because neither of those statements makes sense for anyone with a level of clarity.
>>
>>85134651
Well meme'd, good sir!
>>
Just saw it.
Really, really bad. The normies who fucking don't comics loved it, but there's so much wrong. I'm mad.

There's nothing abusive in the relationship of Joker and Harley, it's just a romantic fairy tale of two crazy people. It's bad.

And the history is just horrible. Why they would help flag with no fucking self interest? Are these really villains?

The movie should have been about a real secret mission, no supernatural bullshit, each villain trying to kill the other.

It's just a bad movie. And normies will love it. And DCfags will defend it, even if it goes against EVERYTHING the hqs are about.
>>
>>85134299
It's more like Avengers with more moral protagonists.
>>
>>85134604
TWS fight choreography was the most outstanding thing about it. To me, Robert redford was wasted and Bucky/steve Drama was lackluster. Falcon is straight up forgettable but from what I remember he had better chemistry with Evans than...well just about anyone else in the MCU.
>>
>>85129582
No it wasn't.
>>
>>85134651
AoU was a watch-once movie, not a watch-never movie.

Ultron was cool enough to save the fun from completely collapsing under the load of cross-promotion/setup and Whedon.
>>
>>85124715
Boomerang literally uses all of those except the last one all the time in comics.
>>
>>85134544
Speak for yourself and a loud minority of pretentious contrarians. They consistently review well, consistently make money, and consistently leave a positive impression on the greater movie-going public.

Like the anon above you said, they're consistently not awful. Doesn't mean they're great or even necessarily good, but people generally don't leave the theater hating a MCU movie. At worst, they're like a McDonalds meal when you order a premium sandwich. In and out of your system quickly, but the journey wasn't really that bad and can't complain too much about quick, cheap food.
>>
>>85134495
I did get something out of your post.

MCU movies don't overreach. DCEU movies do. MCU tries to have a nice brainless popcorn flick with some laughs and fun times. Anything deeper or more meaningful that comes out of them is organic. They're simple comics, periodicals. Safe. One fails, who cares?

DCEU is trying to have that One Big Thing every single time. Every movie is a blockbuster. Every movie has a deeper meaning and massive amounts of hype and CG and WOW factor. Unfortunately, that just means that when they don't hit the right notes, they end up bombing so much harder. It's like every movie they're doing they try to do TDKR or Killing Joke or, fuck, I don't read enough comics, but you get the idea. The Big Thing that people remember forever.

Neither is a wrong or bad approach. It just explains why people hate on DC so much.
>>
>>85134807
Yeah it was. Henry Cavill was JMS Superman done right, a loner yes but a loner who cares and in fact is a loner because he carea too much. Amy Adams Lois could be more a ballbuster tho but she got those brass balls of Lois down so it evens out. Michael Shannon's Zod is legit the best live-action comic book villain in decades.
>>
>>85134757
Also, Jared Leto was good as the Joker, it's just poorly used in the movie.

And they use too much loud music in the movie. TOO FUCKING MUCH.
Like, every "cool" scene there's this "cool" music playing. Exhausting.
>>
>>85134805
I disagree. I think it's very smartly written, in a line economy scale, like Civil War, they don't waste any lines (like Whedon or Snyder) do.

Scenes like the first one at the park or the ones with Fury are very well written. It's not an Oscar thing, obviously, but I really like how they did it, and I hope DC someday learns how to do it because their dialogue is so often shit and unconnected and just filler. It's weird.

>>85134852
That's what I mean. Those are the cliché boring ones. That's what I expect from a CW show to do with their limited budget. I expected something cleverer here.
>>
>>85134834
Ultron was brought IN way too early and let's face it, James Spader was wasted. Plus you got the Slav twins who bring jack shit to the table.
>>
>>85123956
Joker does nothing
Literally Who villain
Ayer's tattooed Mexican fetish
Hot Topic soundtrack
>>
>>85135004
Ultron should've been replaced by some random Hydra fuck who's leading the liberators, those anti-avengers from the ultimates.
>>
>>85124104
Better than the steaming pile on a hot summer sidewalk of movies we are getting so far from DC. I'd take a dozen Avengers 2 over 1 BvS any time.

I'm sorry you feel like the DC movies are supposed to be on some Kubrick level, but they are pure schlock. I've tried to defend them, I have, but it just can't be done.
>>
>>85134919
Probably heresy to say, but I much prefer MoS to the original Superman films. The originals are just too campy.

>Perfect Superman
>Fucking idiot Lois
>Bad slapstick everywhere
>Goofball Lex (though BvS REALLY dropped the ball on him too)
>Jesus symbolism less subtle than MoS
>>
>>85125122
3 of my local theaters have already started showing it today. Unfortunately couldnt go and see it, though I will be seeing it tomorrow at 7pm.
>>
>>85134893
>It's like every movie they're doing they try to do TDKR or Killing Joke
You can't do that AND load it with product placement and cross-promotion for the universe. You have to choose between that and making art.

It's not just that they're reaching for greatness and failing, there's no hope for this approach to succeed.

It doesn't help that the DCEU lineup is full of inherently sillier characters than the MCU. I mean, come on! They have names like "Superman" and "The Flash". With the exception of Batman, they were created to amuse small children. With the exception of Captain America, the Marvel characters are more recent and were more thoughtfully written and sophisticated from the start.

It would make far more sense to apply these budgets and artistic aspirations to original characters and stories, rather than try to shoehorn them into existing IP. Unbreakable was one of the best superhero movies ever made, based on completely original characters. For a dark take on superheroes, I'd like to see one shot from a gangster's perspective in the prohibition era, starting out like a gangster movie but transitioning to the style of a horror movie, when a circus strongman takes up criminal hunting as a masked hero / serial killer.
>>
>>85129582
It really wasn't. Let's just use one example here. In all the history of Superman, Pa Kent has never NEVER once told Clark that it was ok for some kids to die to hide his secret or anything like that. That right there killed it for me. Jonathon was Clark's shining example, he was the backbone of his ideals. He is the one that instilled into him what it means to be a good person. But nah, Snyder has to make Supes some dark brooding backstory where his father tells him to let kids die.
>>
>>85131006
Just responding to the picture. This was just terrible writing. I know Clark has only been a reporter in this continuity for a little while now, but considering the world traveling he did, plus Gotham and Metropolis being practically in the same county, he should have known who Bruce was.
>>
>>85135519
>With the exception of Captain America, the Marvel characters are more recent and were more thoughtfully written and sophisticated from the start.
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>85135590
>he should have known who Bruce was.

He probably knew who bruce wayne was, he just didnt knew about his face, clark doesnt seem to be the kind of guy that cares about gossip or wall street
>>
>>85135547
>But nah, Snyder has to make Supes some dark brooding backstory where his father tells him to let kids die.

But that's not what he says, he says that he doesnt have all the answers, and that he doesnt know what is right, he also says that he has to be responsable with his powers, the person he will become will change the world, and that actions, even good ones can have victims.
>>
>>85124778

The RT summary even says "although it has a little more humor" like that's an inherently good thing.
>>
File: 1468739428039.png (881KB, 850x579px) Image search: [Google]
1468739428039.png
881KB, 850x579px
>>85125542
>he still dosen't get the Martha scene
>>
>>85135519
>With the exception of Captain America, the Marvel characters are more recent and were more thoughtfully written and sophisticated from the start.

Don't even like the DC movies but this is bullshit.
>>
File: Born.jpg (352KB, 1229x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Born.jpg
352KB, 1229x1920px
>>85124014
>>85124047
Only way DC fanboys can sleep at night DESU.

I love comics DC/Marvel/Darkhorse, any and all publishers.

Because being a fanboy is not only more often than not suffering, but just plain stupid.

>my fictional characters are inherently better

That is plain stupid spider-man has had amazaing and terrible runs same as Bat-Man and Judge Dredd. So acting like a bad movie is good just because you're a DC "fan" is dumb dumb dumb
>>
>>85127777
B&R is the only truly horrible one, but at least in a "so bad its good" way (unlike, say GL or MoS which are just bad). The Burton films are great, and Forever is decent and fun enough.
>>
>>85135352
>the original Superman films. The originals are just too campy.
It's a little unfair to lump them together in comparison to one film. The first one was good, the rest were sequels cashing in on the popularity of the first. The second was too much of a mish-mash, the third and fourth were just garbage. If you're going to do that, you should include BvS and Suicide Squad and compare franchises.

Man of Steel is a stupid movie full of stupid people doing stupid things for stupid reasons, and it's all presented in full seriousness. Frankly, it's offensive that they'd show so little respect for the audience's taste and intelligence as to present a Transformers-tier movie like it's a serious work of art. On top of that, they shit all over Superman by making him an amoral asshole who not only doesn't show any concern for collateral damage, but commits genocide on his own people.
>>
>>85135547
Well good thing Pa didn't actually said that. Pay attention to the actual scene m8.
>>
>>85135941
>His own people
You mean the aliens who were gonna wipe out the human race?
>>
>>85125182
WB's trouble was that at the same time they tried to directly go for "Avengers" levels of hype/box office catch, and that they're running scared that if they took it slowly, the cape films bubble would burst before they reached the "meet up movies" level.
>>
>>85135941
>they made Superman Amoral
Only they didn't and you're a dirty fuckong liar.
>>
>>85135941
>doesn't show any concern for collateral damage
Because Zod was just going to sit there and twiddle his thumbs while Superman tried to minimize damage.
>>
>>85135941
>Supes was Amor-
Stop. You clearly don't know what Amoral actually is but let me break it down.
>Amoral is not saving a bus gull of kids
>Amoral is not saving some random oil rig workers
>Amoral is not stopping a barfly from harassing a waitress
>Amoral is not saving someone and risking your identity
>Amoral is killing someone in self-defense
>>
>>85136164
Yet Rise of Ultron found a way to sneak in some parts of the heroes saving normal people.
I'm not a big fan of superhero movies in general, I respected that part. Showed them actually doing hero things unlike nearly every other movie which is about them just taking out a big bad dude.
>>
>>85136216
*is not killing someone in self defense.
>>
>>85136004
They didn't even have the discussion, "Come on! Be reasonable! You've got that ship, with all that advanced technology providing you Krypton air. Surely we can make a domed city for Kryptonians or something!"

Superman's supposed to be good, not just on our side. Furthermore, he's supposed to be interested in surviving Kryptonians. The death of Krypton is one of the saddest things in his life.

Presented with the reality that he's about to commit genocide on his own people, he doesn't even hesitate: "Krypton had it's chance! lol YOLO!" *BZZRT*

Zod doesn't make any sense either. You've got the last few members of your race, and the only means of reproduction for it. You find a habitable, inhabited planet, and one more of your race, who mysteriously has developed superpowers, and less mysteriously cares about the aliens he's been living with. You are totally dedicated to preserving your race. So you pick an unnecessary fight to the extinction with the only superpowered member of your now-tiny race, as well as an entire planet of people with capabilities you haven't had time to learn about.

This being the guy whose band of traitorous rebels were sentenced to survival using the very limited spaceflight resources of a planet on the brink of getting blown the fuck up.

The whole story is stupid garbage, from beginning to end. The only part of it that made sense was when teenage Clark gutted Lana Lane like a fish because he lost control when they fucked and his father buried the body and convinced Clark to tell no one.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FShoIuw7pNY
>TL;DW
>practically stills instead of scenes
>shitty video games tier one liners
>obviously a lot got cut
>bad acting
>pointless characters
>almost no action
>no plot
>shitty soundtrack replacing dialogue
She confirmed that Snyder got boo'd at Comicon

And here is her spoiler review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xx8BJd0rts
>>
>>85136506
Who fuck is this bitch and why should I give a fuck?
>>
>>85135927

We're talking about the normalfag critic reaction to the movies you dense fuck.
>>
>>85136216
He does a whole bunch of random and contradictory things.

He's fucking Superman. It's not like he was risking his life, putting himself through any discomfort, or even exerting himself.

>stopping a barfly from harassing a waitress
Then he wrecked the man's livelihood out of sheer spite. That's amoral.
>>
>>85135519
casual alert
>>
>>85132310
If MovieBob said it was bad, would you believe him?
>>
File: Zod unhappy.jpg (136KB, 434x483px) Image search: [Google]
Zod unhappy.jpg
136KB, 434x483px
>>85136456

>Zod doesn't make any sense either. You've got the last few members of your race, and the only means of reproduction for it. You find a habitable, inhabited planet, and one more of your race, who mysteriously has developed superpowers, and less mysteriously cares about the aliens he's been living with. You are totally dedicated to preserving your race. So you pick an unnecessary fight to the extinction with the only superpowered member of your now-tiny race, as well as an entire planet of people with capabilities you haven't had time to learn about.

Zod was pretty much a radical Muslim, a jihadist. If you think he doesn't make any sense than you're denying reality.

Zod despised Superman because he considered him an abomination, because Jor and Lara had them through normal sex, something that is forbidden by his culture.

Zod, and the entire kryptonian society, were accustomed with terra-forming planets. They don't want to survive among humans in their culture. They think of themselves as superior and their culture as being nor less a part of them as their bodies.

It's like saying for a jihadist to just deal with shit and seal electronics in New York. Of course he won't deal with this shit. He'll want to strap some bombs and tear shit down.

You're fucking dumb.
>>
>>85136506
>Calling Winter Solider a politcal thriller
I await the shitposting
>>
>>85124104
>mediocrity?
You don't need to waste all your big epic plotlines and villains in the second movie in order to not make it mediocre. There are literal thousands of great comic plotlines you can adapt, not all of which deal with le ebin crisis crossover events.
>>
>>85135547
>Muh Pa Kent

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>85136456
Anon, are you retarded?
>>
>>85136656
What contradictory things?
>>
Remember when WB insinuated that they let directors have free reign? Turns out it's bullshit, they just take the footage and butcher it after the director's done filming.
>>
>>85136656
>Then he wrecked the man's livelihood out of sheer spite. That's amoral.

He was an asshole who deserved it, that's not amoral, that's Golden Age Superman.
>>
>>85136506
I think she hits the nail in the head. Best review i have seen so far for this movie, and surprisingly is from a youtuber.
>>
>>85136656
The man spend his whole drinking in a bar and then was planning on doing nightdriving on icy roads so Fuck that asshole truck driver.
>>
>>85123956
It's sounding like meddling studio execs re edited the film late in the process. They thought the success of the pop song trailers meant people wanted a pop song movie.

They cut joker out because his abuse of Harley didn't do well in focus groups.

WB for the director, my fucking ass.
>>
>>85128139
>marvel used a model that works
>that means DC has to use a model that doesn't work, or else they're copying marvel
>>85136037
Considering Marvel has movies planned up to beyond 2028 it's not like there isn't plenty of time before the bubble bursts, if it ever even does.
Even in the worst case scenario, at least we'd end up with several solid, fun standalone DC films with hints of a larger universe than poorly edited team up films with nonsense plots.
>>
>>85137003
Hell in Superman 2 didn't Superman go back to a bar just to beat up some drunks who bullied him when he didn't have any powers?
That's spiteful.
>>
>>85136656

>Wreck his livelihood

Truck companies pay for the fucking trucks. Knock it off with this retarded shit already. The movie had plenty of other problems than this non-issue.
>>
>>85136249
Superman saved soldiers in Smallville, in Metropolis he was kinda preoccupied by keeping a fucking lunatic hellbent on committing global genocide from killing people. Avengers had several people who could spend time doing rescues while others punched the baddie, and AoU went entirely overboard with it when they did that "everybody, including a random DOG that had an entire scene of it just running to safety, gets saved" bit in the evacuation.
>>
>>85135811
There's nothing to get.
>>
>>85135613
>>85135856
>>With the exception of Captain America, the Marvel characters are more recent and were more thoughtfully written and sophisticated from the start.
>Don't even like the DC movies but this is bullshit.
They were, though.

Superman: 1938 (morally perfect superpowered man fights crime and supercrime), Aquaman: 1941 (underwater superman), Wonder Woman: 1942 (woman superman, plus insane lesbian bondage fetish stuff the mentally ill creator slipped in), The Flash: 1940 (fast superman)
These were characters invented primarily to amuse small children with very simple stories, by people who had nothing to riff on since they were making it all up for themselves.

Early Batman was a little more sophisticated because he drew more from adult crime dramas.

Iron Man: 1963 (Vietnam-era war-profiteer industrialist tries to do right while struggling with his vices as a rich man), Thor: 1962 (arrogant god is made human by his father to teach him humility, takes to it a little too well, struggles with whether he should live as a man or as a god), The Hulk: 1962 (a man's losing struggle against his own deep-seated rage)
These were written by people who grew up with superhero comics, wanted to keep reading them as adults, and invented characters to tell stories with enough depth to satisfy adult readers. Captain America was also reinvented along similar lines, and spent much of the 60s critically examining the USA, and in many ways, finding it wanting.

That DC writers have tried to make the 1940 crew more mature and relevant hasn't swept away baggage like their absurd childish names and costumes. The MCU writers dealt with Cap's elegantly, by making his costume and title an in-universe 1940s stage persona for wartime propaganda.
>>
>>85137166
>>Wreck his livelihood
>Truck companies pay for the fucking trucks.
That just makes it worse. In that interpretation, he destroyed half a million dollars of a company's property because he was annoyed with an employee's off-duty behavior in a bar.
>>
>>85125419
yeah dumb audiences
>>
>>85137098
Superman 2 was a mess, an unplanned cash-in sequel where they replaced the director in the middle of shooting.

Anyway, what he does there is give a bully a lesson in why not to pick on strangers, without doing him any permanent harm. He doesn't read through his wallet with x-ray vision and sneak off to burn the man's house down in secret.
>>
>>85137671

>That DC writers have tried to make the 1940 crew more mature and relevant hasn't swept away baggage like their absurd childish names and costumes.

Yeah let's get rid of everything fun and iconic about the characters, especially when there's nothing wrong with them.
>>
>>85138198
I'm not talking about why you can't make fun movies based on DC characters, I'm talking about why it's such a terrible idea to try to make the DC crew (other than Batman) more serious and dark than the MCU characters.

If they're going to make a Wonder Woman or Aquaman movie, they should go for a G rating, and try to make them shows you can watch with your kids.

I think they took the wrong lesson from the Green Lantern movie. They got the tone right with that one, it was just poorly executed in some basic ways.
>>
>>85125268
Yes they are.
>>
>>85136456
> Superman's supposed to be good, not just on our side.

Well said.
>>
>>85138494
But in the case of MoS, our side is the good side cause are side isn't trying to commit planetary genocide.
>>
>>85138474
Yeah, the movie about the Greek demigod who fights monsters with a sword should definitely be a G rated kids film.
>>
>>85134299
So it's Deadpool?
>>
>>85134069
Platoon or Kindergarten Cop.
>>
>>85133683

Some twink I stalk on youtube said it was great and not to listen to the critics.

I'm pretty hopeful about this movie.

A lot of the reviews seemed to be "Wah wah problematic wah wah guns"
>>
>>85138730
>A lot of the reviews seemed to be
It feels to me like people are over blowing this and ignoring the more substantial points made by others. Just because some dumb fucks are being dumb fucks, doesn't mean the movie is good.
>>
>>85138579
So he's a hard man making hard choices? Oooooohhh...edgy.

Superman doesn't cotton much to the simple choice. He finds a better way and inspires everyone else to do the same. Because he is Superman.
>>
Here's how I was hoping the movies would play out to differ in tone;
Marvel
>Takes liberties (Bucky falling off a train instead of a rocket blowing up in his face, Spidey living in an apartment, etc)
>Does "in-name-only" adaptations of their shit sometimes
>Feel fresh and new because you get to see it grow and evolve, not much mystery, like something that keeps getting updated
DC
>Be more comic-book, but serious. Go all-out but take it seriously. Have the Superman theme play, have Robin but make his mask not look dumb, say "To the Batmobile!" but play it straight
>Does direct adaptations of comic stories, with some liberties (The BvS leak from like December sounded fucking awesome tho. The one where Doomsday starts as Bizarro, Lex loses his hair because he gets cancer from working with so much alien shit, Alfred references Dick and Jason, Carrie Kelley is Robin, etc)
>Feel like the grandparents that you talk to a lot, where you're pretty much dropped into the tail-end of things. A lot of things have already happened like Death in the Family, some JLA shit, etc.
That's how I thought the DCEU was gonna be, what with Batman being older and coming out of retirement in BvS and the first Suicide Squad trailer having Waller say "Maybe Superman was some kind of beacon for them to creep back from the shadows", implying a lot of shit has already happened in this universe
>>
File: wonder woman invisible jet.jpg (27KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman invisible jet.jpg
27KB, 500x378px
>>85138594
>Yeah, the movie about the Greek demigod who fights monsters with a sword should definitely be a G rated kids film.
The jet is invisible. She's not invisible. The jet doesn't make her invisible. It's just invisible.

A golden lasso that makes people tell the truth. It's called the Lasso Of Truth.

Star-spangled hot pants, bright red bustier with a gold eagle on it, and a tiara.

She deflects bullets with her magic bracelets.

Serious character concept is for serious, mature stories.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 345x146px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 345x146px
>>85139001
Is Achilles a serious character?

Seriously? Is a demigod who sulks in his tent until his boy-toy gets capped serious? If he isn't Omar from The Wire isn't.

What about Ebeneezer Scrooge? Milady de Winter? Miss Havisham?

Ridiculous does not mean not serious. Many of the famous characters of literature are ridiculous, but are still discussed hundreds and even thousands of years later.
>>
>>85138198
the majority of Marvel characters are straight rip offs of DC characters. Read Marvel Comics: The Untold Story.
>>
>>85138931
source: your ass

There are plenty of stories where Superman has to make a hard choice. In fact I'd say the stories where Superman ALWAYS FINDS A WAY CAUSE HE IS SUPERMAN is a small, small minority that was primarily created in the Donner movies. Most of his Silver Age stories was just being a dick and developing new powers.
>>
>>85139001

Thank you for proving you've never read a single Wonder Woman comic book.
>>
>>85134893
>MCU tries to have a nice brainless popcorn flick with some laughs and fun times.
Honestly that sums up what Suicide Squad was trying to do
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 276x183px
>>85139684
So the Superman stories you read he just gives up? Snaps a few necks? Calls it a day?
>>
>>85125043
I'll take both those films over the mess which was "Martha how would you know a name 600,000 living women in the US have?"
>>
>>85129786
According to Jon Favreau the plan was always a shared Universe and Marvel wanted a more strong arm approach to showing it. Jon tone it down and pinch the Sam Nick Fury cameo as a killer "more to come" sizzler.
>>
>>85139482
You can't seriously be comparing Achilles to Wonder Woman. The only thing silly about Achilles is the idea that he's favored by the gods and has special invulnerability powers. And those features don't affect the way the story plays out, they just give fantastical reasons for mundane outcomes.

Wonder Woman is a silly concept to the bones.

>sulks in his tent until his boy-toy gets capped
Achilles is in no sense obligated to fight for Agamemnon. He was part of a voluntary coalition and had made no vow to serve. The war-leader Agamemnon had misappropriated Briseis, the queen Achilles had taken as a spoil of war to be his concubine, for himself, in retaliation for Achilles exposing and forcing the correction of another of Agamemnon's misdeeds. He was withholding his men and his leadership to force the return of Briseis.

Patroclus was essentially his adopted big brother, who had killed another child in a fit of rage as a child, and been sent to Achilles's father to raise (presumably partly in punishment and partly so he could be separated from the loved ones of the killed child). The interpretation of them being lovers is salacious enough to have spread, but is not hinted at in the oldest sources, and is entirely unnecessary.

>What about Ebeneezer Scrooge? Milady de Winter? Miss Havisham?
None of these are anywhere near as ridiculous as Wonder Woman.

Frankly, based on this post I question your sanity.
>>
>>85125489
Short answer is they are trying to rush their Universe out and they are pretty much just making big team films at once.
Both JL and SS have characters that work as solo hero/villains and smashing them together without there backstories isn't helping the rush choppy feeling these films have.

It's not like X-men where it was a team book from the start and they have the unifying them of "we are all freaks and hated for it"
It's not like GoTG where it's the hero's journey and the rest of the team works more like a supporting cast.

This is them trying to make Avengers with no previous build ups of the heroes.
>>
>>85140224
>It's not like GoTG where it's the hero's journey and the rest of the team works more like a supporting cast.

Ah, so you haven't even seen the movie and talking bullshit.
>>
>>85140152
Hey if you don't see it I can't make you see it.

Granted Homer doesn't explicitly say they were doing it Greek-style (which I believe was au courant for anal sex until the '90s) but his rage?

Achilles had some rage coming out of that tent.

And don't even pretend that Wonder Woman is more ridiculous than Dickens. South Park made Miss Havisham better motivation.
>>
>>85140266
I haven't seen it either, and I'm ready to throw my opinion out that they absolutely should have just made a Crazy Love movie and ended with the Joker abandoning a captured Harley at the end to go their separate ways (JL adversary and Suicide Squad).

You can't introduce a new Joker and Harley Quinn in one movie and leave room for much else.
>>
>>85140679
>You can't introduce a new Joker and Harley Quinn in one movie and leave room for much else.

I've actually seen the movie and yes they fucking could. There honestly could have been even more Joker and Harley, they were both great together.
>>
>>85123956
Bad casting... Smith didn't need to be Deadshot and Leto is a tiny, nonthreatening, little faggot.
>>
>>85140542
>Achilles had some rage coming out of that tent.
What part of "adopted big brother" don't you get? They were raised in the same household from children, and then they went off to war together. You think people get madder over losing a lover over losing a brother?

They say that imouto fetish is for men who never had sisters, because no matter how objectively hot they are, you just can't feel that way toward them. Thinking Achilles would have to be fucking Patroclus to get that mad over his death is for men who have never had a brother.

>And don't even pretend that Wonder Woman is more ridiculous than Dickens.
You can't fucking compare psychological abnormalities to a magic lasso and bullet-deflecting bracelets.
>>
>>85133864
>not true lies

Ok fuck you, you're not a trustworthy human being.
>>
>>85140749
>There honestly could have been even more Joker and Harley, they were both great together.
That's my point. They should have just made it a Joker and Harley movie, with Suicide Squad being revealed in the ending (not the team members, just the fact that they were putting the team together).

It sounds like they took one movie and a spinoff-sequel, and edited them down to one movie.
>>
The DCCU is terrible, but I wish it wasn't.
>>
>>85140898
Brothers? Workmanlike cleaning up their shit.

Imaginary sisters? I'd have to turn honor killing on it's head. Make some Abrahamic religious mofos rue the day they invented the idea.

Lovers? That's when I am charging out of my tent without cause or care.

Wonder Woman? Are you seriously telling me bullet proof bracelets are more realistic then any Charles Dickens character you care to name? You and I will have to disagree on 19th century English literature.
>>
>>85139944
It's funny that you're taking the high road here.
Zod is not gonna compromise on wiping out humanity through terraforming. To zod we are basically bugs and Superman knows this. Zod is a violent zealot by design, biologically incapable of caring about anything except for Krypton. Trying to act like there was another way is being wilffuly ignorant.
>>
Fans have wanted a Joker movie since Heath Ledger invented the character in 2009. Instead they focus the movie on everyone who isn't the joker.
>>
>>85135131
>Joker does nothing
And? Everyone was worried he'd steal the show and overshadow everyone with a needless subplot.

>Literally Who villain
As if this is necessarily a bad thing.

I'm sure everybody (casual-wise) and their mother knew who Obediah Stane, The Abomination, Whiplash, Justin Hammer, Loki, Red Skull, Thanos, Malekith, Ronan, Winter Soldier, Ultron, and Zemo were before the movies...

>Ayer's tattooed Mexican fetish
A former hardcore gangbanger/repeat offender wouldn't have tattoos?

>Hot Topic soundtrack
How often do you go out of your way to say a movie sucks based on the soundtrack?
>>
>>85141862
>Brothers? Workmanlike cleaning up their shit.
>Lovers? That's when I am charging out of my tent without cause or care.
I understand that trying to win arguments on the internet is all the rage with kids these days, but this is both a completely irrelevant tangent and an insanely idiotic position on it.

>Are you seriously telling me bullet proof bracelets are more realistic then any Charles Dickens character you care to name?
Uh... that's pretty close to the opposite of what I'm telling you. If you meant "unrealistic", I'm back to questioning your sanity.

Crazy people exist in the real world. Lassos that make people tell the truth don't.

But it's not even a question of realism. It's a question of silliness, and especially childishness. Wonder Woman's original concept and design was extremely childish. Creator injecting his piss-wizard fetishes aside, she's very clearly a character for children's stories.

However comic-book writers have been reinventing her, comic-book readership is tiny. The moviegoing public knows her in a form little different from her original incarnation: as a silly character from cartoons for children, who fights with a lasso and bracelets because realistic violence is unsuitable for children's entertainment.
>>
File: download.jpg (22KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
22KB, 259x194px
>>85141921
Trying to act like it isn't a work of fiction where all the variables are controlled by the author is missing the point.
>>
>>85138682
...Platoon?
>>
>>85142085
You should probably have kept that list shorter. It still makes your point with the actual obscure ones, but...
- The Red Skull is the most iconic Captain America villain.
- You'd have to be pretty poorly educated to not know Loki as a mythological figure, and he's been key in Thor comics from the beginning.
- The Abomination is one of the Hulk's main adversaries. He shows up every time the Hulk's on a team and the bad guy team needs to have a bad-guy Hulk.
- Ultron and Thanos are major players in the Marvel Universe.

The Enchantress is pretty minor. Of that list, I think you have to go with Whiplash to find someone as obscure and unimportant.
>>
>>85142626

Grasping at straws, buddy.
>>
>>85123956
Pretty much everything other than Leto's Joker and Affleck's Batman.
>>
It's kinda fascinating to see everybody already having decided to hate the movie before they've even seen it.
>>
>>85142430
Exactly. Even if you present it convincingly (and they failed at that), putting Superman in a situation where he has to choose between two abominable evils (wiping out humanity or wiping out the Kryptonian race) is not making good use of the character.

It's like having a story where Superman gets old and has to deal with learning he has bowel cancer. Or Superman and Lois Lane have a child, but it has Down syndrome. Or Superman tries to save the Earth and fails, and has to flee to another planet, and now he's the only survivor of two worlds.

It's not interesting to explore how Superman deals with terrible outcomes. He's not even a character who deals with moral dilemmas. Even if you tease a moral dilemma, it should just be to reveal that he finds a third option. He just does what's right. He doesn't get in situations where there isn't a right thing to do, because that's not what the character is for.
>>
>>85142888
>He's not even a character who deals with moral dilemmas
>He just does what's right. He doesn't get in situations where there isn't a right thing to do, because that's not what the character is for.

Supermanfags are the worst.
>>
>>85142852
>It's kinda fascinating to see everybody already having decided to hate the movie before they've even seen it.
The consequence of past failures. BvS got a massive opening weekend because Batman still has some good reputation at that point. But a bad film doesn't damage its own opening weekend; it damages the next film that follows. BvS damaged SS.
>>
so the point of the Squad in this movie is to deal with superhuman threats nobody else can. i understand Waller can only play the cards she's dealt, but the villains they use for the Squad seem awful underpowered considering the kind of threats they'll be expected to face.

>boomerang guy
>ropes guy
>shoot guy
>lizard guy
>clown girl guy
>commanded by military guy and sword girl guy

Diablo's the only one who makes any sense. these people are supposed to take on major threats? seems like the military should be able to handle anything they could just as easily. even for deniability's sake, it seems easier to just make a normal black ops unit than catching, housing, and Snake Plissken-ing a bunch of nutcases.
>>
>>85142944
>Diablo's the only one who makes any sense. these people are supposed to take on major threats?
It does seems they toned down the powerlevels too much. But then again, DCCU currently doesn't have the superscience to imprison metahumans. Hate to bring up Marvel, but Marvel had the excuse of Hydra tech from ww2 allowing them to build super-prisons in the modern day. While DCCU only just began their research and have no existing tech to lock up people too powerful.

Thus, the Suicide Squad is weak because they they were any stronger, they probably wouldn't have been captured to begin with.
>>
>>85142944
>ropes guy
>shoot guy
Are elite assassins
>boomerang guy
Really good with boomerangs
>Lizard guy
Superstrong lizard guy
>clown girl guy
Really good at fighting
>sword girl guy
Magical sword
>>
>>85142944
They were chosen because all of their [/spoiler]mothers are named Martha[/spoiler]
>>
>>85142944
>the villains they use for the Squad seem awful underpowered considering the kind of threats they'll be expected to face.
I guess that's what makes them the Suicide Squad.

"This will be the 76th coerced supervillain team we've sent against this threat. I'm starting to question whether this initiative is worth its funding."
"Well, we've permanently taken over 500 supervillains off the streets, and if it's ever investigated we can honestly say we didn't execute a single one of them."
"... Carry on."
>>
File: gzshatytxg.png (961KB, 835x546px) Image search: [Google]
gzshatytxg.png
961KB, 835x546px
>>85123956
>So what exactly is so bad about suicide squad?
Absolutely nothing.
I'm going to watch it and have good time.
And you can't stop me.
>>
>>85142918
He's a fucking circus strongman in a cape, with his underwear on the outside. An alien who looks exactly human, and has superpowers because its creator read "A Princess of Mars" and thought, "Hey, wouldn't it be neat if an alien came here and had superstrength relative to us?" His name is "Superman". That's really the best they could think up. He has the most famous face on the planet, but when he puts his glasses on, nobody who works with him at a world-class newspaper notices who he is.

He's not a character that stands any poking at. If you want to tell a dark, serious story, don't start with Barney the Purple Dinosaur as your main character.
>>
>>85140542

what is written is him going apeshit over hearing the guy that he was raised and gone to war with getting killed.

shit even today you have solders that do the same damn thing upon hearing/seeing a team member dying and that is after knowing the guy for 6 months.

as to why he was not fighting, he had the one of the few benefits of being a front line warrior in those days taken from him, right to first spoils. he is leading a defaco merc unit and if he can't keep his loot why the fuck would he commit troops to a king that is actively fucking him over
>>
Because there has never been, and will never be a good cape movie
>>
>>85143072
I don't begrudge you your choice to go see a movie, but going into something with your mind made up about how it's gonna be beforehand is some weird cult shit
>>
>>85137671
>These were written by people who grew up with superhero comics, wanted to keep reading them as adults, and invented characters to tell stories with enough depth to satisfy adult readers.
No, they were written by Stan Lee to sell comic books to children
>>
>>85143201
>it's weird that you go to movies to enjoy yourself.
>>
>>85142944
>it seems easier to just make a normal black ops unit than catching, housing, and Snake Plissken-ing a bunch of nutcases.

Metahumans by default have stronger chances of survival against a Superman than a normal army squadron because they have powers, dummy.
>>
From what I've seen Harley is written like Animated Series Harley.
Unfortunately, the director didn't seem to know how to direct that and the performance looks like ass.
>>
>>85143236
Children couldn't understand or appreciate the additional depth of the stories.

Stan Lee's blend of superhero features with complete, flawed characters started them young and kept them reading past the age they grew out of the old style of superhero comics.

He is the father of all basement dwellers.
>>
>>85143417

The fuck are you talking about, Margot was perfect as Harley.
>>
>>85143417
She is written like Animated Series Harley. She even wears the costume. There are scenes where it doesn't work, but it's entirely made up for by the scenes in which it DOES.
>>
>>85143385
Harley's literally just a girl with a bat.
>>
>>85137671
Wew, why are you even on this board
>>
>>85143452
I didn't say it was the actresses fault.
It just doesn't mesh with the others. She'll pull out these goofy lines and they'll just fall flat because none of the other characters are as outlandish. Deadshot, Boomerang, the fire guy and the soldier that's in charge of them. They're all really dull or serious.
>>
>>85143498
>Ree! Marvelfags get out of /dc/!
srsly?
>>
>>85143503
>Boomerang
>crazy ocker Aussie brony
>not outlandish
>>
>>85143072
I want to cum on her eyebrows
>>
>>85143503
>She'll pull out these goofy lines and they'll just fall flat because none of the other characters are as outlandish

It's called being the straight guy in a comedy skit. Of course she's going to look out of place, she's nuts. The others are just hardened soldiers and criminals.
>>
File: 1462932035596.jpg (97KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1462932035596.jpg
97KB, 520x600px
>Editing your movie after it's done with tons of reshoots in order to radically alter the tone of the film

In what world is this ever a good idea? Jesus, it's like DC is actually retarded.
>>
>>85143465
She's a dangerous criminal and a highly capable fighter.
>>
>>85143528
Oh yeah, look at him chug those energy drinks!
XTREME!
He's an out of date cliche, I don't know how they wrote him that way and thought it was a good idea.

>>85143543
Being the straight guy works in certain situations, not this.
Its not like they're even playing it out like that. Like its suppose to be funny how goofy she is and how they aren't. But it doesn't come off that way. It just comes off as being awkward.
>>
>>85143571
>energy drinks
Australian here, I just assumed they were beers. That's in character as fuck.
>>
>>85142416
You don't understand anon.

Snyder = Kubrick and William Marston = Dickens.

Don't rock the childrens' boat. You're not doing anyone any favours
>>
File: 1468115022758.png (226KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
1468115022758.png
226KB, 600x376px
At least WW will probably get a fresh rating.

Even if it sucks, it'll probably get some of that GhostBusters's fudge.

>yfw it doesn't
>yfw the DC meme runs too deep
>>
>>85143562
Not measured against the professional assassins and freaks of nature she's not.
>>
>>85143571
How is Boomer a cliché? Get out your bubble anon, white trash exists and looks exactly like Digger.
>>
>>85143596
there is no way WW is getting a rotten rating

many critics will give it a positive review just because it has a womyn protagonist
>>
>>85143621
He's crazy! Wow! What a criminal and degenerate!
Other than being a crazy degenerate criminal he has no personality. And white trash IS a cliche.
>>
>>85143602
Don't worry, the HQ movie Robbie's already agreed to star in AND produce will bring in Ivy for her super plant gymnast poison proofing serum.
>>
>>85143602
On what criteria are you measuring Harley against?
>>
>>85143571
>Like its suppose to be funny how goofy she is and how they aren't. But it doesn't come off that way. It just comes off as being awkward.

It came off as both. At times she's funny, at times she's just acting crazy and people are entirely awkward around her because she's a nutjob.
>>
File: 1467780543367.png (381KB, 466x572px) Image search: [Google]
1467780543367.png
381KB, 466x572px
>>85143635
Yeah, probably.

Ghostbusters was an incoherent mess, and it got a fresh.

WW can't be as terrible as that, unless DC goes full retard, which is possible, and has them destroy another film in editing.

Hopefully, WW came down the pipe late enough for them to institute their MCU copying into the script and before filming.
>>
>>85143685
I've seen nothing of the movies that looks good at all other than Leto's Joker.
The characters just aren't written well together, they all seem like the writers just picked a bunch of characters and didn't know how to make them interact. The only interesting interactions I've seen so far are the clips of Harley being awkward. Whatever these "funny" moments you're referring to are they aren't in any of the trailers or teasers I've seen.
>>
Is Digger at least any good?
>>
>>85143517
It's just that people spout bullshit as they were facts
>>
Can I just say it? Harley Quinn is not an interesting character in her own right.

The Joker seduced a psychiatrist into becoming his moll/flunky. She's madly in love with him and tries to be like him. He doesn't love her, but he likes having her around until he gets bored or annoyed with her. And she can't help but annoy him because she wants to believe she's being loved back.

None of that is cool stuff about her. That's cool stuff about him. He pulls people into his orbit. It's how he gets stuff done. Normally, they're disposable and anonymous, so they aren't developed as characters, but even if you're the Joker, it takes longer to get bored of a girl who loves you. Plus it's funny to put Batman in the situation of having to hit a girl who's trying to shoot him with a bazooka.

Harley's only a good character when she's meeting the Joker, following the Joker around, getting betrayed/abused/manipulated by the Joker, or (temporarily) getting fed up with the Joker using her (when he can't be bothered to put in the effort to turn her head around) and trying to go her own way, but missing him and running back to him at the first opportunity. But this is all Harley as a satellite of the Joker. She's not interesting in herself, it's just interesting that the Joker can do this to someone. And this stuff's only good in the background or as a side-plot.

Try to make more of Harley than this, and you're probably writing a bad story.
>>
>>85123956
You posted it
>>
>>85143938
but he's literally the best thing in it
>>
File: Dawn of Embarrassment.png (33KB, 1720x461px) Image search: [Google]
Dawn of Embarrassment.png
33KB, 1720x461px
>>85123956
it's not Disney quality
>>
I posted about this but this seems to be the alive thread so I'll green text my early midnight screening experience here:

>Everyone who isn't Leto and Robbie phoned in their character by imitating the Arkham video games, and even Robbie's Harley Quinn fell into the "hot topic cosplay" catagory
>They also made both of them look like drug addicts for whatever fucking reason so there's no saving grace in Robbies looks, she's just an annoying meth head for the most part. Everyone else is grim dark edgy and it's painful.
>There is no plot, at least not one worth making an entire movie about and most of the action scenes are actually filler to the plot. Basically the plot is Viola Davis and her team going "we never expected our idea of super villains killing other super beings to go wrong but it did" and the other half is all the supes wandering around, blowing shit up, and looking for this enchantress bitch who shows up maybe 3 times.
>Will Smith doesn't want to be there and they give him the most screen time, which kills most of the reason you would want to root for these characters. It's almost sad to watch.
>Whoever wrote the script ripped most of the one liners from Spencer's Gifts t-shirts and it's not even laughably bad. It's just bad.
>It's terribly shot. Shaky, blurry, bumpy, and slow, which is a horrible combo.
>Leto is seriously one of the worst actors in this film and completely breaks any attempts to get this film taken seriously every time he steps on camera. He's so over the top and extra that it feels like he's openly mocking Ledger and Nicholson by deliberately doing a terrible job. He's hokey, try-hard, and everything that you hate about that kid in middle-school who watched too much Bleach and listened to Korn. probably the worst thing about this movie.

In other words, it's shit all around.
>>
>>85123956
The scene you just posted? Was apparently deleted for no good reason after WB went in panic and decided they had to fix through heavy editing a movie that wasn't even out yet

There
>>
The Flash cameo was pretty awesome
>>
>>85144587
>finding dori in 5th
>under jungle book
aww
>>
>>85144619
The editing was shat upon according to rumors.
>>
>>85123956
Idk everything about this movie makes it look like Try Hard: The Movie

The Dark Knight was nowhere near this edgy. It's like it's trying to bring back the emo crowd but a decade too late
>>
>>85123956
Logo is blue instead of red
>>
>>85132067
Are you fucking stupid? The Joker isn't a member of the Suicide Squad in the movie.

Jesus christ, and people wonder why people say there's an anti-DC bias. Cucks like this faggot get whipped into a hate frenzy over things they don't even know anything about.
>>
>>85136714
If Moviebob says it's bad it will be good
>>
>>85129774
> make a movie about villain
No
> make a Netflix series about villain
Yes
>>
>>85134765
Underrated post
>>
>>85134495
>Iron Man
>good
no
>>
>>85135519
Retard
>>
This is so typical DC

The Movies literally mirror the comics and their respective universes it's for picking uncanny I might think they do it on purpose

Marvel has this fun, overarching story with fun characters, DC plays it safe with generic stories but makes a hit sometimes that is a piece of art

Superman was a fucking classic on film before Man of Steel muddied the name

Dark Knight was a damn blockbuster with the greatest hype that rivaled Iron Man

DC should stop pretending they were ever this modernized safe image, Marvel has Spiderman, Deadpool, AND Iron Man, I'm sorry, but you're not going to compete with those casual friendly characters

DC shines in making these stand alone films with actual direction, if they wanted a movie universe, they should have done a specific movie just for that, not make BvS and force it in one go
>>
File: 1457022630187.gif (477KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1457022630187.gif
477KB, 500x281px
>>85144992
>>
>>85142085
They don't know who those villains are after the movie either. Marlel villains are a joke.
>>
>>85143587
VB or XXXX?
>>
>>85124933
The Treaty of Versailles was The reason WW2 happened. That's a fuckup of historical proportions.
>>
File: DC.png (2MB, 1280x629px) Image search: [Google]
DC.png
2MB, 1280x629px
I will not rest until Marvel is the sole corporate comic business left standing.
Perish or be bought.

Disney must buy DC.
>>
>>85145144
So many great villains that could cover up huge arcs with multiple films. Entire sagas dedicated to Brainiac, Black Manta, Gorilla Grodd, Ra's al Ghul, the Lantern Corps...

But let's follow Marvel's scheme and ignore the most iconic villains for the sake of it.
>>
>>85132330
the fuck should you even trust critics for? Anything that goes against the popular zeitgeist will always be rated poorly, look at shit like Blues Brothers, the Thing, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Night of the Living Dead, Peeping Tom or even more recent examples with Neon Demon, Hardcore Henry and BvS.
>>
>>85143423
I really don't think you've ever read any silver age Marvel
>>
>>85145381
I think it's usually better to find a handful of critics you have similar tastes with and stick by them, while also still understanding there is not nor will there ever be some sort of objective review so there's always a chance you'll still disagree with them. And you should usually contextualize a review. Like if a reviewer is a huge fan of a series and you're not or vice versa.

Though a lot of people's general outright hatred and paranoia about critics is just stupid and getting mad that people didn't like/dislike what you like/dislike.
>>
>>85134757
the way you describe Flagg makes him sound in character and going by this
>The movie should have been about a real secret mission, no supernatural bullshit, each villain trying to kill the other.
shows you have never read a single SS issue, fucking kill yourself and get some better standards.
>>
>>85145195
Do you really want villains over multiple films? Movies aren't TV shows, and actors age. I don't get why people want to have multiple movies devoted to the same villains.
>>
>>85123956
>>>/tv/
>>
File: you.png (4KB, 609x230px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
4KB, 609x230px
>>85145518
It's /co/ related retard.
>>
>>85129317
wow that gif is me in photos with the flash on. By the end of it I look like i'm bawling.
>>
>>85124122
I've all ready seen the Capt America movies, why watch a WW flick?
>>
>>85124365
Why is it that people ignore Marvel movies have just as much flaws and plotholes? I mean, the entire plot of civil War didn't make any sense from the get-go for example and it is worst than any 'martha' meme.
>>
>>85146610

Simple.

A W is a W.

If you get an L, it doesn't matter whether you did it by a mile or a few inches, you still lost.

So DC is the one who is going to get urinated on.
>>
>>85125542
Why did you say that name faggot:(
>>
>>85146610
Marvel movies are simple popcorn summer blockbusters. They have fun with it.

DC movies peaked with Nolan's Batman. Now DC is trapped between Drab Somber Drama & wannabe Deadpool level humor.
>>
>>85146610
>I mean, the entire plot of civil War didn't make any sense from the get-go for example and it is worst than any 'martha' meme.
Explain.

And because for the most part, Marvel movies don't take themselves seriously. They're silly popcorn flicks that promise to be silly popcorn flicks and deliver on exactly that.
>>
>>85146902
They're treated the accords like it was the registration act so right there is a huge dissonance of the matter hand and how everyone is reacting to it.
>>
>>85146902
>>85146856
>they just cheap popcorn flick
As of that excuses the rampant mediocrity of the MCU.
>>
listen, there is absolutely no reason to not go see this movie and support it.

i mean:

>it has 6 leads who are poc and 3 supporting characters who are poc

>2 of those 6 leads are woc

>all 4 women in the cast are leads

>the producers made it a priority to actually cast a Japanese woman for the role of Katana, a Japanese character

>worried about the female characters’ outfits being a result of gross dudes pretending they’re “empowering” women but really just wanting to see them in skimpy outfits? don’t be! the costume designer is a woman, Kate Hawley, who worked with the actresses to create their outfits.

>worried about them “giving Harley a mental disorder when she doesn’t have one in the comics”? don’t be! she did in fact have certain disorders in some comic continuities, in addition to ptsd.

>worried about them dumbing down Harley? don’t be! in addition to getting flashbacks of Harley as Harleen, Margot Robbie and David Ayer have said that Harley still keeps her intelligence and cunning even after her transformation.

Suicide Squad needs all the support it can get. many people are already on the DC bash train and they probably won’t stop with this movie. we have to show that we have an interest in seeing characters that aren’t Generic Stronk White Man™ or Token White Woman™ and one way to do that is by supporting this movie.

so go see it, tell your friends about it, give it good ratings on letterboxd and imdb, praise it on social media, whatever. i don’t want to go back to just seeing white ppl as the Pinnacle of comic book movies.
>>
>>85143602
>Not measured against the professional assassins and freaks of nature she's not.

But more effective than sending in generic spec ops/swat team guys. It takes the goddamned Batman to bring her in.
>>
File: 1466266231018.jpg (89KB, 525x617px) Image search: [Google]
1466266231018.jpg
89KB, 525x617px
>>85143546
>DC
>involved in their films editing
>>
>>85147153
"You can't be something you're not"

DC wants that sweet sweet Marvel box office gold. Sadly, their movies just are not entertaining. Better luck next time.
>>
>>85143900

I agree.

And I like Harley.
>>
>>85147238
What's Johns doing
>>
>>85127272
so everything from 0-60 is exactly the same?
shit rating system breh, 5/10 is average
>>
>>85144992
>TFW HE MAKED IT IN A CAVE WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!
Name me an original line from BvS that was memorable that wasn't lifted straight from the comics?
>INB4 Martha
>>
>>85147396
BvS being bad does not make Iron Man good.
>>
>>85147290
supervising the development of the extended film universe. sure as fuck not editing a movie.
>>
>>85124014
Marvel hasn't been that good since Gotg and Winter Soldier.
I had high hopes for Ant Man and Civil War but they ended up being kinda meh.
>>
>>85147420
>BvS being bad does not make Iron Man good.
But it at least had fun memorable moments that people will quote vs BvS where if I try to remember the movie too hard I cringe.
>>
File: suicide_squad_comic.jpg (147KB, 1000x421px) Image search: [Google]
suicide_squad_comic.jpg
147KB, 1000x421px
>>85142944
Yeah, we need real super threats against super threats
>Disquise Flower guy
>Big guy
>Fighter guy
>Time travel guy
>Ice girl guy
>Bike
>Multiple man guy
>Disguise guy (no flower theme)
>Shadow lady guy
>Life force leech and super power stealing guy
>Umbrella guy
>Bomb guy
>Vigilante reared by cult of ancient robots guy

and not pictured
>Wobbly guy
>Animal girl guy
>Freezer guy
>Plant girl guy
(they should really legitimately do something about Poison Ivy in a Squad sequel with Harley)
>>
>>85123956

Probably taking a dark as fuck universe and making it pg13.
>>
Australian here, the movie was quite good
>>
>>85147179
Harley was never meant to be a sane person. She was just good at passing as a moral normal until she met her one true male love.
>>
>>85125182
Time is not on DC hands nor is it on any level of Time Warner's either. The Problem is that Disney/Marvel is now defining what a Super Hero Film is suppose to be much like Spider-Man did before it.

At this time you see Disney/Marvel pushing out other characters unheard amongst the general public in hopes to keep the public's imagination going. They are doing the same thing on Netflix as well. Because Disney/Marvel knows that this whole charade with Super Hero films won't last forever. Eventually people will get tired of both Marvel & DC Super Hero Films and that's Time Warner's Problem with DC/Warner right now.

So its not possible for DC to take it time with their films when it took Marvel 4 years to push out The Avengers and with that 5 other backstory movies prior to Avengers.

tl;dr - DC literally has no time for that.
>>
>>85147179
>virtue signalling via consumption of media
I really fucking hate this year already
>>
File: 86d432468809d1b195429766d8e2997c.jpg (785KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
86d432468809d1b195429766d8e2997c.jpg
785KB, 2048x1024px
>>85125489
The most people excited by this movie are The Hot Topic crowd. So yeah pretty much.

Which is weird in my opinion because Hot Topic isn't "Edgy" or "Alternative" or "Different" I mean Hot Topic stores have Hello Kitty and Justin Bieber merch in them.
>>
>>85132139

Good one shill.
>>
>>85147153
>As of that excuses the rampant mediocrity of the MCU.

When that's the goal? Yes.
>>
>>85148110
Try hard edgy girls love Helly Kitty accessories because >so ironic lel xDD
No clue about Justin Bieber though.
>>
>>85148110
>Which is weird in my opinion because Hot Topic isn't "Edgy" or "Alternative" or "Different" I mean Hot Topic stores have Hello Kitty and Justin Bieber merch in them.

It's about demographics. Among the age group that Hot Topic targets, plastering Hello Kitty and Justin Beiber shit is ironic/alternative/edgy.

I don't believe I've ever heard a song that I could identify as being by Justin Beiber. I just know that I'm supposed to hate his guts and blame him for everything that's wrong with music.
>>
>>85148228
>>85148194
yeah but then you got stuff like Doctor Who, Adventure Time, Pokemon and Hip/Hop-Rap, Trap and other EDM music groups and artists. Amongst the lot of stuff like My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy and so forth.

I kinda get it but not all the way. To me Hot Topic is now more of Merchandise Store than it is an "Alternative, Edgy" place to shop. For my angsty high school needs.
>>
>>85123956
Nothing. It's a really great movie and you should go see it.

/tv/ just wants all WB movies to fail.
>>
>>85123956
I have to applaud you /co/. Your meme magic has worked. Months of shitting on a movie and it got shit reviews. Your collective mind makes it real.

Congratulations!
>>
>>85148515

Maybe you spend a lot of time on 4chan, where nerdy people in their late teens and early twenties hang out, but that stuff is niche at best in the drmographic. People really oversell the "it's popular with older audiences too!" thing and kind of ignore how MASSIVELY popular stuff is with the younger kids who actually keep it afloat and how if you removed that demographic, the property would tank.

Except maybe hip-hop/rap, but the people who shop at Hot Topic are not usually seen as your "mainstream hip-hop fans".
>>
>>85147871
>Because Disney/Marvel knows that this whole charade with Super Hero films won't last forever.
Marvel intends for this to last forever, that's all their studio intend to do. You are just making excuses for DC Warner who are just impatient for billion dollar box office takes.
>>
File: comblr.gif (877KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
comblr.gif
877KB, 375x304px
>>85147179
>>
>>85145381
>Anything that goes against the popular zeitgeist will always be rated poorly, look at ... BvS.
The slow bait penetrates the shield.
>>
>>85146610
Someone once said that a good movie isn't free of plot holes, they're just more interesting than paying attention to the plot holes.
>>
>>85125687
WB is pretty much entirely staffed by coked up 80s style meddling executives. You wouldn't believe how stereotypical it is without seeing it first hand.
>>
>>85147422
Not him but Johns is part of the problem. He was brought by the very same executives that ordered the theatrical cut of BvS and that destroyed Suicide Squad.
>>
>>85145440
How can he get better standards if he kills himself?
>>
>>85147870
>Harley was never meant to be a sane person. She was just good at passing as a moral normal until she met her one true love.
That interpretation makes the story of Harley and the Joker boring.

The Joker doesn't have superpowers. He's not a mechanical genius. He didn't inherit billions. Nobody handed him alien supertechnology or a magic artifact. So how does he get shit done?

He takes minor criminals, weak people who like shortcuts, whose main failing is that they think they deserve more than other people and are therefore justified in breaking the rules, and he sweeps them up in his wake. He makes them believe he can get away with anything, and therefore the people following him can get away with anything they do together. Trapped in the delusions he fosters, they become his tools.

Harleen Quinzel was just a self-serving fraud. That's actually pretty standard for psychiatrists. She wanted to get rich writing a book on the Joker, or other criminally insane "supervillains". She wanted to use him, and just like all of his other flunkies, he turned her head around so much that she became a doormat for him.

The only reason she's not just another anonymous, disposable henchman is that he can use her for sex and as arm-candy / his lovely assistant. She's also a bit of a special prize, since seducing a psychiatrist in a hospital for the criminally insane is a hell of an achievement.

The idea that she was supervillain material in her own right from the beginning basically makes a great "why the Joker is awesome" story into a mediocre villain team-up.
>>
>>85149913
fucking kill yourself and learn some logical consistency
>>
>>85125018
I just saw it an hour ago. It was cool.
>>
>>85146610
>'martha' meme.

>Batman stops his year of hatred and preparing to kill Superman for blowing up his building and killing friends in his business on top of having prophetic nightmares that Superman will rule the world like a horrific tyrant that kills him while a man from the future tells him he was right about everything because he heard Martha and some random bitch walked in and said he has a mommy.
>>
>>85151725
Martha?
>>
File: 1457203684530.jpg (97KB, 479x446px) Image search: [Google]
1457203684530.jpg
97KB, 479x446px
>>85152109
WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!?
>>
>>85151725
Superman didn't blew up his bulding OR Killed his friend.
Zod did.
>>
>>85151725
>His Father's last word won't have any Effect on Batman.
>>
Direction, pacing, dialogue, the villains, the characters, the action, the soundtrack in some places
Basically everything
>>
>>85151725
The reason Martha stopped Batman was because that was the moment he realized the Superman had a family too.
>>
>>85152335

>The reason Martha stopped Batman was because that was the moment he realized the Superman had a family too.

Didn't you ever see 3:10 to Yuma?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lnEGuCcmXs
>>
>>85133747
>Shitting on it without seeing it is the only true path.
This. MoS and BvS were both steaming piles of shit that had huge box-office revenue. They can't just keep getting the benefit of the doubt.

Everything is licensed garbage now because they're harnessing the power of internet arguments: if it's a movie based on high-profile IP, then people will want to know whether it's good or bad. This will lead to arguments online. Which leads to the argument, "How can you have an opinion if you haven't even watched it?" Ergo, people go to see it so they can feel qualified to say it's bad.

There's virtually no incentive to make a good movie anymore, only to base movies on high-profile IP, and to insert shit in them to raise the profile of other IP so you can make more movies that people "have to watch".
>>
>>85152335
"Whoa bro, you have a MOM? NAMED MARTHA?! ME TOO! Sorry about the whole about that whole trying to kill you thing. I would've..you know..plunged this radioactive spear into your heart if you didn't tell me that"
>>
>>85152455
>>85152508
idiots
>>
>>85132408
but you do?
>>
>>85152625
John, I know you want to desperately love these films, but just stop. They are terrible, and you'er only going to make it harder on yourself when you realize it
>>
>>85152335
>I bet your parents taught you how you were special and destined for great things... mine gave me a different lesson, in the dark of an alley
Or something like that

Batman was well fucking aware Supes had a family. Fuck, if we wanna apply your supposed "2deep4you" method and analyze his words properly, Batman just implied Superman was a man fooled by false promises of grandeur, he was already humanizing his figure. But ten seconds later the movie implies i was supposed to believe he saw him as a cold, distant alien until he mentioned a name? The scene is a damn mess
>>
File: 1421535563804.gif (394KB, 769x819px) Image search: [Google]
1421535563804.gif
394KB, 769x819px
>>85152701
>>
>>85152732
Alien families don't count, humies do.
>>
>>85152701
There's no such thing as a bad movie anymore. There are only movies that are good to watch in their original form, and movies that will be made good by the internet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIKajSQ9DB0
>>
>>85147179
did you c+p this off of tumblr or come up with it yourself
>>
>>85152732
Alien parents bro. Bats probably doesn't realize is from Earth bu believed he's some space tourist trying to make himself godkong of earth.
>>
File: 1402720196530.gif (114KB, 439x500px) Image search: [Google]
1402720196530.gif
114KB, 439x500px
>>85153175
>godkong
>ywn be godkong of earth
Feels godzilla senpai.
>>
>>85153175
So he missed it when Zod declared Superman's been hiding on Earth all his life pretending to be a person?
>>
>>85133864
Junior was obviously the best
>>
If i loved BvS will i like this?
>>
>>85144619
I have never seen a badly shot David Ayer film and Leto is a brilliant actor so i calll bullshit on your entire post.
>>
>>85155945
Why bother asking?
You clearly have no standards, so most likely you'll like anything.
>>
>>85153235
Emphasis on pretending. Zod didn't say anything about Superman being raised on the planet just that "for some time" a krypronian has been hiding amonst Humanity.
>>
>>85157389

https://my.mixtape.moe/algitu.webm

HONKAH HONKAH!
>>
>>85155945
>changes to characters for no reason, like at all
>grimdark tone fpr the sake of being 'mature'

You are going to love it!
>>
>>85158241

fuck
>>
>>85158241
lmao you can even tell how Leto isn't doing the whistling
Thread posts: 411
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.