[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

killing joke reviews are coming out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 37

File: Untitled.png (184KB, 761x318px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
184KB, 761x318px
TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN
>>
I'd personally give it a 6.5/10, just below passing by American standards. The movie's animation was odd and choppy, the prologue added nothing to the story, and the film seemed to bank more on Hamil and Conry's voice acting than the whole movie altogether being good.
>>
>>84843144
The prologue doesn't transition well at all to the main story, which is it's core problem.
>>
>>84843266
i am actually glad that theres pretty much no connection it weakens it as a single film but the actual killing joke is better for it.

trick is to think of it as 2 separate films
>>
>>84843001
how many of those reviews are just waaah it was problematic
i mean the sex was retarded but for completely different reasons.

in fact dont the sjws already hate the film
>>
Babs x Bruce was retarded in the DCAU and it's retarded here.
>>
>>84843001
The actual Killing Joke part was good, the prologue was entirely unnecessary.
>>
>>84843266
Transition? It might as well have been the start of a Batgirl movie, it almost had nothing to do with the second half.
>>
>>84843417
They've always hated The Killing Joke, even before SJWs were a thing. But hey, it gave us Oracle by making Kim Yale butthurt.
>>
>>84843461
Apparently Timm ships it because of the Adam West tv show when Babs' Age was closer to Bruce's than Dick's.
>>
>>84843417
hah guess i spoke to soon none of the rotten reviews were about that (although they all focused on one of the actual reasons its retarded)

have i become to cynical /co/
>>
>>84843673
well one of them did have what might have been a slight possible sjw tinge in one line but its probably nothing
>>
>>84843542
Timm's argument makes no sense. There is sexual subtext between Bruce and Dick too in the '66. Really there is subtext between almost everyone because the 60's were crazy. But Bruce isn't trying to suction his ward's penis inside-out, so what the fuck?
>>
>>84843001
Bump
>>
>>84843266
>>84843467
That was what confused me as well.
I thought the prologue would build some frame to the main story, like we see Joker's drop in the vat by Bat-man's perspective of event's like the story was going to follow that case and when the gathered all the crooks but Joker up they just flash forward with a "years later" set up.
Totally mind boggling that it was just "Days of our lives: Superhero edition"
>>
File: 1439257661007.jpg (28KB, 462x427px) Image search: [Google]
1439257661007.jpg
28KB, 462x427px
>>84843502

>Kim Yale, Ostrander, and Dixon do a chunk of the work
>Gail gets all the fucking credit even though she didn't really do much

I've been noticing she gets full credit for Oracle in quite a few articles about TKJ movie.

It's starting to get to me. Because it's not really a new thing either and that makes it worse.
>>
File: mckhHKy.jpg.png (16KB, 691x597px) Image search: [Google]
mckhHKy.jpg.png
16KB, 691x597px
>>84843001
>68% of the audience
If this goes up by 1% and stays there, I'll die a happy man.
>>
>>84843859
Ostrander truly is underrated
>>
>>84843001
Just got back from it.
20 minute mark Hamill intro aside, the shit was a 8/10
/co/ sucks.
>>
>>84843856

It shouldn't have been a prologue. On paper Batgirl's last night sounds great, but really if you want to salvage her a post-credit epilogue about her becoming Oracle is the way to go.

Now as I mentioned in another thread you can do a prologue about the "Death of the Family" so to speak. a 30 minute prologue about Jason's death and Bruce pushing Barbara and Dick away because of it.

It's an easy thing to tie into the story and you can give Barbara a bit of screen time to make the attack matter to viewers. Plus you can market that Nightwing appears for marketing reasons since everyone loves Dick.
>>
>>84843813
Timm is a straighy perv. He ain't gonna ship two dudes tryin' to suck eachother off.
>>
>>84843001
It was fine, I know /co/ loves to be edgy and contrarian but come on.
>>
>mediocre comic gets a mediocre movie
doesnt surprise me desu
>>
My biggest gripe was the animation. It looked like every other mediocre DC animated movie from the last 10 years.
>>
>>84843956
Whoever is in charge of these animated movies is clearly ignorant of the love for Dick. He gets shafted hard in these movies.
>>
>>84843001
I just watched it

Animation was pretty lame but the story is still there and it's still good. You can't really hate The Killing Joke.
>>
>>84843266
it felt like the prologue was longer than the main story.
>>
>>84843935
yeah i preferred the post show composer interview

and considering how much of a larger role barbra played here im surprised tara strong was not in the pre show as well

i mean it was not really a bad interview but he barely talked about the killing joke they should have kept that interview for the dvd and used something else
>>
>>84843956
holy shit that would have been perfect
>>
>>84843859
Didn't she go for like a hundred issues on BoP though? I guess it's not hard to make the mistake. But it is annoying that journalists can't look up her fucking Wikipedia page at least is you don't want to go through decades of comics.
>>
>>84844032
it was wasent it?
>>
>>84844032

That's because the prologue was slower paced.

Honestly I didn't hate the prologue past the sex. The sex was dumb but otherwise it was a pretty good Batgirl short. Would have been best as an extra.

Now I will say I thought the prologue was much better animated and that made me kind of mad.
>>
i dident notice when i watched it but thinking back that kangarro court stuff was a poor choice.
it worked well as a scene but it did not really fit what the joker was trying to do this was not about batman and what he does it was about what joker did to barbara.
>>
>>84843878
No you won't.
>>
>>84844098
Much like Babs it split the middle in terms of time used
>>
>>84844087

While Gail wrote a lot of Barbara, those writers laid most of the ground work down and really made her what she was. Gail just added to it like any other writer would.
>>
>>84843001
hadn't read the comic in some time but was the joker singing scene part of the story? it felt a little long. i think trying to copy the art hurt it a bit. they should have tried to own their own style
>>
>>84844110
Thematically it worked for me, but that's it. You have Barbera pushing herself to the edge to be more like Batman so she can deal with her enemies, to the point of eroding her friendships everywhere else including with Batman and when she gets there she realizes she didn't belong and leaves because she knows eventually she will "jump into the abyss", which prompts Batman to go speak to the Joker in an attempt to pull him out before Batman falls in with him.
That's about where it stops working for me though. I liked both of them on their own though
>>
>>84844217
>was the joker singing scene part of the story?
it rhythms and has the long stretches of words so it could be seen as sing. I wish they just had it as Joker singing it rather than it be a song and dance number, would have come off way more creepy.

> i think trying to copy the art hurt it a bit.
They did and they didn't. For every scene that is a 1-1 there are several that are just change ups for reasons unknown
>>
Kind of sad, actually.

This is the best Joker we've gotten from Hamil since the DCAU, and it's not enough to surpass the issues at hand.
>>
>>84844217
The Joker's song in the comic had Joker call for "Music Sam," as well as the Joker's following lines having a clear rhythm to them.
>>
>young smart girl
>older man with more power over her
>girl is a clingy fangirl that models her persona after man
>man is not that into her

am i talking about joker and harley or bruce and babs?

guess timm has a type
>>
>>84843001
>>84843144
Those where pretty much my problems as well.
The prologue TRIED to draw a parallel between Batgirl/Paris and Batman/Joker, but execution was so weak I doubt many even realized.
As for all the butthurt about the sex, I thought everyone knew by now that Babs has always had a thing for Batman and that they were lovers at one point.
>>
>>84843542
that's just an excuse, he ships it because the dynamic makes him hard
>>
File: pottery.jpg (175KB, 364x624px) Image search: [Google]
pottery.jpg
175KB, 364x624px
>>84843001
>>
>>84843859
It pisses me off too. The Ostrander saved Babs and it was Dixon, not Simone, that wrote her best issues.
>>
>>84844110
>it was a pretty good Batgirl short
it was a terrible batgirl short, it made her an insufferable clingy fangirl with anger issues who attacks civillians over being rejected and only became batgirl cause she wante the batdick
>>
>>84844362
difrent people have difrent issues with the sex for me its just that i did not like the whole fighting then suddenly fucking thing
>>
>>84843368
Reminded me of an old two-part episode. If they had done a title card in between it would've been great.
>>
You can cut the prologue and get a 9/10 movie. That bring said the prologue isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Batgirl is trying to prove something and desperately seeks Bruce's approval..it's awkward messy and surprisingly human.
>>
>>84844469
Adrenaline/anger tends to do that Anon.
>>
>>84844217

I assumed he was singing in the comic
>>
>>84844478
>surprisingly human.
Timm we are trying to watch a movie about a guy's dip in acid that made him into a clown themed psychopath chasing the attention of authorities and a guy that dress as a Bat

Drama of a 35+ year old man banging an 18+ year old girl is not all that theme related
>>
>>84844749
Oddly enough, I heard it in the style of 'Gotta Have Heart' from Damn Yankees...

...mostly because I couldn't think of anything else appropriate.
>>
>>84844362
>I thought everyone knew by now that Babs has always had a thing for Batman and that they were lovers at one point.
Only in the DCAU, where Timm was one of the minds behind it. People were lukewarm to it then, and hate it now.
>>
>>84844459

So it mostly wrote her in character then? You get that right?

The sex was terrible but everything else was a mix between Year One Babs and Simone Babs to a fucking T.

She does it for fun, she's a fangirl, she's anger prone at times and incredibly reckless and destructive, she's not on the level as the bigger heroes but she deludes herself into thinking otherwise. It was entirely in character for Barbara as Batgirl. Really in character.

The ONLY thing that stands out is that Bruce fucks her. Which is a really shitty moment that drags the prologue down. And I can guarantee if that was not a part of it this would be mostly viewed as a non-threatening thing that existed before the real movie.
>>
>>84843001
the bias is real
>>
>>84844158
Fuck you, you don't know my life.
>>
>>84845124
>She does it for fun, she's a fangirl, she's anger prone at times and incredibly reckless and destructive
This isn't Year One Batgirl at all. Babs put on the costume to spite her Gordon and a Halloween Dance, got caught up in Killer Moths scheme, and continued being a vigilante due to her dad refusing to let her join the police force and the FBI rejecting her application. Plus Simone's Batgirl was shit and shouldn't be used for anything except to demonstrate what not to do,
>>
>>84844803

I was using a faster tempo. like if the joker tried to do his best music man interpitation
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (202KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
202KB, 1440x1080px
>>84844315
"The Killing Joke" came out in the 1980's. So I always assumed that the Joker was doing an MTV-style music video.
>>
File: wakemeup.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup.gif
2MB, 448x252px
Just saw it. I really liked it.

I came in expecting the Babs x Bruce thing to be weird but I actually liked how they handled it. I thought it was done well and gave Barbara some context for those who don't know her.

That being said, it's not really relevant to The Killing Joke's story. But I really enjoyed it regardless. 8.5 from me.
>>
>>84845329
Late 80's. What kind of music dominated the late eighties?
>>
>>84843462
What was the deal with that prologue? It was literally a DVD extra stuck on the story. The Joker isn't even mentioned in the whole prologue. They even had the nerve to go meta and have Barbara do a voiceover where she says that we the audience probably weren't expecting the movie to start like this.
>>
>Timm shoves his shitty shipping into a movie that has nothing to do with it and very little to do with the character he ships Batman with
>m-muh creativity!

Goddamn, just stick to the original story you're being paid to make into a movie you fuckwit.
>>
>>84843001
Wanna say that again Pussy???
>>
>>84845124
I'll meet you half away and agree that if it didn't end in sex that it wouldn't have blown up as bad but the bigger issue here is we are not dealing with a first year as batgirl type story. This was suppose to set up her quiting the cap biz and it seems that it all circled around Bruce's dick and/or praise
I like her better when her whole reason for taking the mantle was because her dad block all other means of her becoming law enforcement so she went vigilante
>>
>>84845398
I think New Wave was still in its final years then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU
>>
>>84845398
Grunge metal/rock was picking up pretty hard then
Mainstream wise it be shit like Metallica
>>
>confirm rape
>confirm Batman doesnt kill Joker

????
Timm movie through and through
>>
>>84845400
I sometimes wonder if they got so out of touch they thought a half hour "gurl powr" block would lessen any blow back to jokers sexual assault
>>
>>84845469
Rock doesn't fit the Joker too well, but because of Batman '89 I can imagine music like
>>84845457
Being played by the Joker, or maybe a soundtrack from the film.
>>
>>84845400
Barbras thong with paris is meant to miror joker and bats

Showinh how a obsesive co dependejt relationship starts
>>
>>84845474
Jim told him he wanted him brought in"By the book"
>>
>>84843001
Fuck. I agree that the prologue was tacked on and sucked dick, but am I the only one that liked this movie? It's nowhere near the comic, but it was still pretty good.
>>
>>84845675
Ye familia. I really liked it quite a lot.
>>
>>84845675
>It's nowhere near the comic
I wouldn't say that. It was pretty close to the comic without the tacked on Barbra bullshit.
>>
>>84845675
No anon, I liked it too and was general surprised it was so poorly received, considering it was such a (sans prologue) faithful adaptation.
>>
>>84845675
It's the issue that comes from tasting fine whine and then sipping liquor
The flavor is awful now because you have had better.
That's the issue here
It's not the worse they have made but it isn't living up to its pedigree and the creative team didn't respect it like they claim they were going to. A lot of lines omitted and scenes changed for strange reasons that can't really add up short of they really wanted that 35 minute prolog
>>
>>84843001
Where did it all go so wrong when this went right?
>>
>>84845774
I dunno. I still have a soft spot for the Michael Ironside Batman.

But that's not to trash this one, though.
>>
>>84845400
The prologue parallels the main story.
Batman proves his point about Barbara being too weak to be Batman when he doesn't beat up the Joker.
>>
>>84845769
They seriously cut some of the Killing Joke material to make room for Batgirl's shitty story?
>>
>>84845838
They changed dialouge pretty unnecessarily in some points and scenes were missing set pieces. The final scene was missing the rain, the approaching police cars, and the headlights for example.
>>
>>84845838
Two scenes the note worthy one is where Joker finds out his wife and unborn kid is dead
Then there are just a pile of strange tiny changes like at the end where he dosnt state that his gun is "empty" or the lack of rain and wind in those final moments or the lack of the beam of light being there and so on.
What is strange is the quality did take a dive after the batgirl short story
>>
>>84845920
Sounds like they just didn't want to put in the effort.
>>
>>84845774
No Timm and company
>>
>>84845774
Cast is fucking perfect, the score, the tone, everything. Plus they split DKR into 2 movies allowing for more fleshed out story.
>>
>>84845920
I liked the choice for the rain. Instead of it being cliche the rain falls AFTER the confrontation during the credits
>>
>>84843001
>3 rotten reviews

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

who cares?
>>
I feel anyone defending this is suffering serious Stockholm syndrom
>>
>>84844803
its interesting that so many people are mad about the ending not being the way they imagined but there are even more varied views on the song but nobody is mad they were wrong

i understand why that is but it is interesting to think about
>>
>>84846032
The rain on the comic was for highlighting the cyclical nature of the conflict between Batman and the Joker. Nothing can be truly accomplished because both will fight again and again and again. Hell, they'll meet again on the upcoming Suicide Squad movie. TKJ was one of Moore's metatextual games
>>
Just saw the theatrical screening, felt so rushed. Very underwhelmed.
>>
>>84843001
>7 reviews
Fuck you, kid. You're way too early. Even /tv/ knows to wait until a decent 25 reviews come around.
>>
Ok, enough.
SJWs, muh problematic content, muh freedom and muh alt-rightfaggotry aside.
This was a terrible adaptation of a controversial story that was marred even more by the director's fetish and the writer need to shock.
Fuck every single faggot that defends this lame ass production.
>>
>>84845474
how dd it confirm the rape in any way
if anything all it showed was that the midgets did not rape gorden
>>
>>84845920
i found the bits where they changed the words joker said but still had him say the same thing in a different way the strangest of all
>>
>>84845968
im pretty sure they kept the joker finds out about the death scene
>>
>>84843673
i have decided to wait until more reviews come in before i declare myself to cynical
>>
>>84846214
I saw ut in the theatre

We liked it
>>
>>84846123
Peoples issues by and large with the ending is its actually changed/edited
This doesn't happen with the song
There is evidence in the book he is singing. There is no evidance that the weather, police lights, and everything else took out at the end didn't happen
Really most are just pissed at the lack of the light beam going out not being there because it was the last 6 panels of the book.
>>
>>84843001

Just saw it, I didn't think it was anything to write home about. Just a slideshow of TKJ with Babs/Bats fanfiction taped to the front.

I want to RAIL Barbara in this movie, though.
>>
>>84846376
yeah
i never understood why people always made such a big deal about the lights even before the movie

then i read the original colors and i understood entirerly
>>
Can't wait for its HISHE/Honest Trailer/EWW vids tbH faM
>>
>>84846306
They don't
It's implied but they do not tell you out right like in the book
again another strange omission

Im wondering if they wasted to much of the budget at the start with Bat-girls OC and they ran out of cash for the second half.
>>
The movie felt like they were trying to get money for a another movie.
>>
>>84845838
Yup.
Good amount too. KJ should run closer to 45 minuets without filler. Taking out Batgirls dick lusting side story there is only about 25 minutes left not counting credit roll.
>>
>>84845920
I can't believe they didn't put the reflection of the lights in the puddles... it going out is the entire point of Joker's joke.
>>
>>84846666
I agree super devil, it was almost like a weird bait and switch
Like this was Timm's chance to win us over on his ship and he thought making the Bat-girl he wanted was what everyone wanted.
Fuck why wasn't Dini on this project? The fucker kept Timm on a good leash to stop this kind of shit.
>>
>>84846638
surely they would not have been stupid enough to film the less important bit first.

and more importantly this is one of the holy trinity of hotly anticipated dc films watchmen was horrible and im sure they knew in advance BvS was horrible so why would they not give them an unlimited budget so they can at least get 1 right
>>
File: batwomana.jpg (114KB, 533x750px) Image search: [Google]
batwomana.jpg
114KB, 533x750px
Just saw this in a nice theater, it was pretty good. First screen was sold out so I went to the second one.

8/10

>Batgirl's story
It's made -very- clear that there is sexual tension between Bruce and Barbara. There's a lot of shots of her figure, especially her ass; I wouldn't call it fanservice, but they wanted us to know that she was supposed to be sexy and beautiful. Batman is Batman; not quite human at times. There's a few lines where it slips out that he does care for Barbara, but he tells her (more or less) that he's bad for her. We don't get very deep into Bruce's mind, unfortunately, though we can assume it's pretty much standard Batman lore.

Her arc isn't intrinsically tied to the Joker's arc, other than her being shot, but it does give us some foreshadowing of what Batman and the Joker are going through. The criminal that Batgirl pursues is definitely supposed to remind us of the Joker; the obsession and sadism. He even wears a purple shirt. I walked away feeling that the whole point of Batgirl's story was to show us that Batman struggles with the his commitment to duty. He let himself get "distracted" by Barbara, and both of them were nearly killed because of it.

>Joker's story
This was a very different Joker. Even though it was good hearing Mark Hamill, this wasn't BTAS Joker or AA Joker. It was something different. Sinister and sympathetic at the same time.

Again, Batman is fighting his urges. He wants to kill the Joker, but he doesn't want to be corrupted by his hatred. The "abyss" he referenced in Batgirl's story is apparently tied to his relationship with the Joker. I thought Batman's talk with Batgirl was analogous to the Joker's final joke. He's on one side of the abyss, the Joker is on the other.
>>
Brought up in another thread but Joker banging hookers is fucking weird
>>
Just got home from a theatre screening for it and the audience's reaction to Batgirl fucking Batman was hilarious. This one guy called out "WHAT THE FUCK, MAN??"
>>
>>84846766
Im starting to wonder if WB just gets big names in comic adaptations, throws money at them and yells "Just make it good!" and leaves the room
>>
>>84846830
is a little odd yeah.
>>
Ok so ignoring the tacked on prologue we can agree its still solid right? I mean everything post JL War has been kinda shit
>>
>>84846830
Better then when he was raping wives
>>
>>84843001
I don't understand why /co/ is happy that the reviews are bad for this.
>>
>>84846897
I say it's on par with JL War
Quality of animation is poor (worse than the first half) lips don't always sync with lines, lot of strange editing and most of the time it sounds like the cast is phoning in the lines.
Honestly I think I've seen better quality from the worse Animated Series episodes
>>
>>84846830
Azzarello came up with that one I'm sure. His attempts at grounding the Rogues Gallery never really click.
>>
>>84846830
You think he uses the Whoopie Cushion?
>>
>>84846957
because it's bad as a whole and it's always good to have that rare occasion that the internet can all agree as a whole something was bad.
>>
I thought it wasn't bad but i knew what to expect as well. I wouldn't be surprised if people who came into this with no knowledge would be pissed about the abrupt end.
To them its almost like Candlejack was in ch
>>
>>84846957
They're mad that it isn't an exact replication of the comic.
Plus I am a little mad at Timm weaseling his Batman/Barb romance into animated canon. I didn't like the throwaway line in Beyond, I don't like it now.
>>
Nobody has mentioned the song?

http://paduya.tumblr.com/post/99900037424/the-jokers-song-the-looney-song

I honestly liked the film but this seen had me a bit confused.
>>
>>84847057
have you seen the interview with the composers they explain it pretty well
>>
>>84847057
It was in the comic.
>>
>>84843417
It's partly retarded BECAUSE it seems to have been added partly to "flesh out" the damsel in distress of the story... And then just makes her laughably incompetent, overly emotional, and gives her weird daddy issues.

The worst part is how this then goes on to colour the rest of the film's themes and characters. Joker's attack on Barbara now seems less like a part of his torment of Gordon, and rather like an attack on Batman. A story that once hosted an unusually emotionally-mature, self-aware Batman replaces him with a stagnant, emotionally-distant old man who has no idea how to manage his personal relationships and fucks teenagers on gross rooftops. It was like fireworks.
>>
>>84847057
I think it's because they have it break out into song and dance number rather than have him singing it over the mic with some crackling music tune on a turntable in the background while it focused on Gorden's ride.
>>
>>84845542
>gurl power
>she is awful at her job, can't keep her feelings out of work, and fucks a man who explicitly considers her "far from equal"
>and he's RIGHT about her

Jesus, I bet the writers actually thought their shitty addition was empowering, somehow.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>84843001
The Average critic rating for Ghsotbusters 2016 is a 6.4
Has has 73%

This has a 57% with review rating of 6.7

Is the movie too earlier out to make a comparison

Or is it just right time.
>>
>>84847070
It played after the movie but I walked out after the final scene.
>>
>>84846860
My theatre literally burst into outraged laughter.
>>
It honestly should have been a single episode of TAS all those years ago. I think they could have made it fit for the censors if they adjusted a few things but overall I dont think the overall story and atmosphere would have been too different
>>
>>84847040
It's not a good replication of the comic that's what's killing us.
The took out the police lights and beam at the end
Really have they answer that yet? Why they got rid of what made the ending so memorable?
>>
>>84847196
you should have watched it it was far better then the opening interview
>>
You guys want Jared Leto Killing Joke/Red Hood flashbacks in a Batman movie?
>>
If only there weren't retards feeling like they had to meddle with the story.
>>
>>84847246
It just petered off. No sirens and lights, no raindrops falling around and drowning out the laughter, no rising hysteria in their tone, no sudden cessation. Two guys just laugh a bit at a joke, then gradually stop.
>>
>>84846860
everyone was snicking and laughing pretty bad at my theater, people were even yelling different shit at the screen in an almost heckling tone, I'm pretty sure someone yelled "Thanks Timm" but my friends didn't hear it.
>>
>>84847206
i think probably the main thing you would have to do is remove the word rape from the jokers monologue.

but it was to late now standards have changed the only way to get away with any of it was with a film
>>
>>84847280
That really takes the magic out of it then.
The chaos around then echos the melancholy of the situation. Having that all fade out with the light would have been profound.
>>
>>84847206
>It honestly should have been a single episode of TAS all those years ago
They already did a Killing Joke-esque espisode in TAS.
>>
>>84843542
And yet Timm's versions of these characters have no resemblance to the '66 versions. Babs and Dick are the same age, and in college
>>
>>84847329
They fucked it. Almost literally with Batgirl's prologue, and figuratively with the actual best part of the story.

And Hamill did alright with the "one bad day speech, but that impersonator from YouTube did it better. IN HAMILL'S OWN VOICE>.
>>
>>84846860
We had a pretty sour reaction here in Washington PA. One guy threw his popcorn at the screen and walk out. It seems I am in a area where bat fags are pretty serious with this shit.
>>
it was Bab's stinky soles/10
>>
>>84847356
They did?
>>
>>84847425
>it was Bab's stinky holes/10
fix'd
>>
>>84847454
nah I could have licked her soles in the hospital bed and she wouldn't have noticed
>>
>>84844290
that would have worked if it wasn't diluted with the buildup and fallout from the sex scene. the writers had to chop up and interrupt the flow of that story just to shoehorn Timm's fanfic in
>>
>>84847454
All of them? Even the one Joker gave her?
>>
>>84846830
Oh god, really? They added this stupid scene JUST FOR THAT?
>>
>>84845089
and it was offhandedly mentioned in Beyond, most don't even remember it
>>
>>84847488
Well there's a fetish I had never imagined before and will now never forget.
>>
>>84845124
neither of those versions of Batgirl whined incessantly about not getting batcock
>>
>>84847538
I've done that before except instead of paralyzed she was passed out drunk
>>
>>84845767
but the prologue is nearly half the movie. the way it's presented, you can't just separate the two. unless they give you a "director's cut" with the shitty parts removed
>>
>>84847508
I can't see the Joker paying for a hooker and not just raping and then killing them.
>>
>>84847508
See when reading that panel I always assumed Batman was literally asking everybody, and hookers tend to hear rumors given their line of work. So Im guessing they just completely missed the point of that panel. Because when you say it out loud "Joker banging hookers" just seems out of character
>>
>>84847627
It's so weird. I think it was just that the filmmakers were obsessed with adding sexual subtext to every single element of the story, for maximum "maturity". Stripping and humiliating two people and with vague implication of possible rape just wasn't "adult" enough. They needed everyone to KNOW that all these characters fuck a bunch, in weird ways.
>>
>>84847508
This post made me recall the faintest memory of a comic showing Joker having a monologue about what Gotham means to him. He address the city like it was a movie and when he's done it cuts away to a woman that it implies he just had sex with. he has the big communist female goon come in and kill her after, I think.

Wish I knew where it was from.
>>
>>84847295
What kind of parallel universe are you living in?
>>
File: bvs.png (137KB, 479x359px) Image search: [Google]
bvs.png
137KB, 479x359px
it keeps happening
>>
>>84847773
Sounds like it was probably All-Star Batman, though his goon-woman was a Nazi fetishist rather than a commie in that one, if I remember correctly.
>>
Im disappointed that in his bad day speech he wasnt sad, but instead some weird hammy "Why arent you lauging!?" angry performance from Hamill. What the fuck was that?
>>
File: joker dkr.jpg (81KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
joker dkr.jpg
81KB, 940x529px
>>84845774
I really liked the Joker in this one, honestly I wish he had a bigger role in it.
>>
File: joker.png (279KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
joker.png
279KB, 1280x688px
>>84843266

I disagree. I rate it a 3.5/5, purely for the inconsistent animation quality. Some close up shots were detailed and looked great, whilst others looked very cheap and rushed, and lacked detail and atmosphere.

The final scene stood out particularly because it was awkward. Batman and Joker laughing, but with no sirens or flashing lights approaching in the background as there should have been.

It needed an extra layer of polish and atmosphere and it would have been a solid film.
>>
>>84847800
I think you're right. It's been some time. Thanks.
>>
Penguin had a good "Killing Joke" story, Pain and Prejudice. Wish Clayface had one, Im tired of him getting sidelined
>>
File: bullock.jpg (219KB, 1127x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bullock.jpg
219KB, 1127x1080px
Alright I can't be the only person that desperately wanted Robert Costanzo's to come out when they saw Bullock.
>>
>>84847949
Clayface's Feat of Clay was too good for its own good, I don't think anything could ever top it.
The episode with his "daughter" was heartbreaking though.
>>
File: 1459435566197.png (87KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1459435566197.png
87KB, 300x300px
Anyone else see it in the theater?

How did your theater react to the sex scene?
>>
>>84843001
It isn't fair.
Why can't we win DC bros?
>>
File: tdkrmovie.png (481KB, 569x760px) Image search: [Google]
tdkrmovie.png
481KB, 569x760px
>>84845995
he was a producer
>>
>>84845995
Timm worked on Killing Joke.
>>
>>84848055
A few oohs and ahhs, clapping, then laughing at the gargoyle.
>>
File: 000000000000000000000.png (688KB, 960x907px) Image search: [Google]
000000000000000000000.png
688KB, 960x907px
>>84845817
>Michael Ironside
>>
File: 141545463569.gif (773KB, 259x214px) Image search: [Google]
141545463569.gif
773KB, 259x214px
>We live in a world where TDKR is more respected and got a better adaptation than the Killing Joke
>>
>>84846638
They actually did. I'm surprised you forgot. The cops tell him, the Red Hood Gang get antsy and ask him what the cops were telling him about, he mentions his wife died in a freak accident, they press-gang him into doing the heist anyway. It's several minutes of screen-time.

>>84848055
see: >>84846860
>>84847203
>>84847293
>>84847411
>>
File: 1428884545376.jpg (121KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1428884545376.jpg
121KB, 640x1136px
>>84846638
are you an idiot? the police come the bar hes at with those other 2 criminals and tell him his wife and unborn child are dead due to a freak electrical accident.
>>
>>84847800
How'd you remember that when I got everything so damn wrong? I just found it.
>>
>>84843001
Man, how fucking hard is it to copy and paste the script, words, dialogue, scenery, costumes, and tone from a comic book into a movie? Honestly, you have all the material right there, just make it move for God's sake. That being said, the sound effects were AMAZING! Even just the simple pitter-patter of walking on water was phenomenal. And when Gordon was getting worked over by those goons? Sensational. Lots of misses in this, way more than the hits.
>>
>>84845675
I liked it too. Heck, I even liked the prologue (weird sex scene aside). Though I will say that the prologue didn't transition into/compliment the adaptation portion well.
>>
>>84847827
same, miller's joker in dkr is my favorite

i never liked the superman fight, not even in the novel, i wish he'd been given more to do
>>
>>84847827
Well they adapted the comic where he didn't have as big a part either
>>
>>84848177
It was edgy and out-of-character Joker, and he had a big, burly henchwoman. I immediately thought "latter-day Millar"
>>
Worst parts:
>Animation is mediocre at best, choppy and blatantly cheap at worst.
>Ending isn't completely fucked in a really obvious way, but they still messed it up. Not having the police approaching, the beam, or the rainstorm tears the atmosphere out of it. Having Barbara show up afterwards is sort of lame, too. The abrupt ambiguous dark end is one of the best parts of the killing joke.
>Batgirl prologue is pointless and doesn't really make you care about Batgirl when she gets shot- she seems like a bit of an unlikable idiot. I would honestly rather have had a very short, high quality straight killing joke adaptation than involving the francesco/batgirl story at all.
>>
>>84848181
>Man, how fucking hard is it to copy and paste the script, words, dialogue, scenery, costumes, and tone from a comic book into a movie?
It takes a special kind of fuck up and unfortunately fuck ups were the only people making this movie.
>>
>>84844803
I always read it as being an upbeat showtune kinda thing. Kinda disappointed they went with the weird, sinister minor key thing in the movie. But then, I think the way the Joker was written and the way Hamill delivered his lines kinda stripped all the levity out of the character entirely. Which I'm also disappointed with.
>>
I'm surprised 65% of people liked it. It's legit garbage.
>>
>>84848387
Give it time. That said, I bet a good chunk of the positive reviews are from people who never read or simply didn't understand the themes of the original.
>>
>>84848408
My Older brother (who decided to give me tickets to see it with him for my birthday) liked it a lot, and he's never read it. He loves Mark Hamill and thinks he can do no wrong too, though.

My theater burst out in laughter when Bruce and Barb got busy, which was pretty good.
>>
The Batgirl prologue would have been better if she didn't fuck Bruce. It's just a really abrupt tone shift that doesn't add to either story line in a significant way. I'm fine with them trying to draw some parallels and establishing a theme of obsession and personal interest in your enemy, but it's better to let the work speak for itself.

Also it added a pretty strange undertone to the scene where he goes to see not-Joker in the asylum where he says he's been thinking about him.
>>
>>84848408
It's probably from people who know how to separate two different works from one another
>>
>>84847187
too early, but that 57% rating just means a higher majority thought it was mediocre
>>
I'm honestly not sure why they had the batgirl story in there in the first place.

Like if you think it's unfair that batgirl doesn't really get character time in the story because it's such a major story for her that's fine, but that's not the focus of the story, like it or not. The focus of the story is the conflict between Batman and Joker and his attempt to break Gordon. If you're upset the story uses Barb as a tool- that's exactly what Joker is doing, using her as a tool to get to Gordon.
>>
>>84848408
I think it would be a lot worse if you didn't know the original. If I wasn't familiar with the original and watched the movie, I'd wonder why the hell this Batgirl movie suddenly became the Joker's origin story.
>>
>>84848577
I think what's so frustrating to me is that it would absurdly easy to incorporate Barbara into the story more, in a manner consistent with the core themes and ideas, in a way that adds to the overall story.

Joker's whole argument is that one bad day can turn even the most upright, sane person into a raving lunatic like himself, but neither the book nor the movie pay any attention to the fact that Barbara ends up having a far worse 'one bad day' than Jim does. They clearly had no issue changing and adding stuff to the original for no reason, yet instead of actually improving on the original work they just slapped a completely extraneous side story on that has almost nothing to do with the main story, and ratchets up the uncomfortable sexual undertones even further for basically no reason.
>>
Was...was having sex with Barbara to Batman just a surrogate for the Joker?
>>
If they wanted to use the Batgirl prologue as filler, why the fuck didn't they just get the Joker origin stuff out of the way by doing an extended version of it?

The biggest crime this movie had is that it made the Joker feel like a side character in his own story. This whole thing left a really bad taste in my mouth because it felt like a really transparent attempt to rewrite history by turning this into an Oracle origin story to the point where it rewrote Moore's narrative. If Timm wanted to do a Batgirl story, why didn't he just give her her own seperate movie?

This whole project should've been such a shoe-in. They practically had the goose that laid the golden eggs and they killed it.
>>
does anyone have a clip of Barbara's soles
>>
>>84848811
>and ratchets up the uncomfortable sexual undertones even further for basically no reason.

This is the funniest part. People have been complaining about the creepy sexual themes in TKJ for years. How much do you want to bet Timm and his posse thought they were doing Babs justice with their interpretation and it would give them massive SJW cred?

If anything, it's even worse here. Batman flat out says that he doesn't consider Babs his equal before they have sex and does nothing but browbeat her, and then they try to handwave his emotionally abusive behavior and Babs' instability away as awwww he was just concerned about her the whole time. He doesn't even seem particularly upset when she's crippled.
>>
>>84845820
but did the Killing Joke really need a prologue that parallels the main story? especially if nothing that happened in it had anything to do with what happened in The Killing Joke?
>>
>>84848987
There's also the part where Batman has to explain to her that the villain is obsessed with her as a sex object, immediately after she barely escapes being turned into his drugged-up sex toy.

I don't have words to adequately express how hilariously, bizarrely fucked up and misguided the prologue was.
>>
Let me guess, the main criticism is about it being too violent and sexual?
>>
>>84845774
>when this went right?
It was just an incredibly straight and dry adaptation. There's no point in watching it over the source of material.
>>
>>84849161
No it was a piece of shit, terrible adaptation.
>>
>>84847503
yeah the idea was good the execution not so much

hell when you think about it events pareleling each other happens in a lot of moores storys if they had pulled it off better it would have been an excellent homage to his style
>>
>>84847508
i suppose it is possible that scene was written by one of those faggots who thought joker raped her but lacked the power to actually have it happen so gave him an explicit sex drive to make it seem more plausible instead

or it could just be a writer making him out of character because they were severely tired or something
>>
>>84847627
thats exactly what the panel was.

i can see some versions of the joker having sex but i could not see any of them regularly going for a prostitute every time he escapes and i dont know what the writers were thinking.
>>
>>84847792
censorship might be generaly lesser now but it has gotten worse with certain things
>>
>>84848055
"THAT GARGOYLE GOT A FRONT ROW SEAT"
-black guy in front of me
>>
>>84845398
For pop think Michael Jackson and New Kids On The Block. For rock think INXS circa kick Bon Jovi and guns n roses. Public Enemy was scaring white people like crazy, and "alternative" was still called college rock.

Weird times.
>>
>>84847802
i never imagined it as that.
but for those that did i can very much understand why it would bother them

maybe thats why this movie should never have been made to many people would have there headcannons of how certain lines were delivered shattered
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>84845553
Joker as a rocker is cannon
>>
>>84848055
I saw it in theaters. I was the only person who reacted to it. I booed. honestly it was an underwhelming experience. it wasn't in letterbox/widescreen so the top and bottom of the screen kept getting cut off in certain scenes.
>>
>>84848055
it was suprisingly quite but it was showing on another screen elsewhere in the building to and i think that screening had more comic readers then the one i was in.
i did comment on how stupid it was myself though
>>
File: 1404784929094.jpg (62KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1404784929094.jpg
62KB, 350x350px
I'm not convinced most people liked the original Killing Joke in the first place. Beyond the fact they were required to like it because it was 'deep', of course. A movie based on a bad comic will itself be bad, naturally.
>>
File: 1468502990057.jpg (46KB, 665x397px) Image search: [Google]
1468502990057.jpg
46KB, 665x397px
>>84848473
>The Batgirl prologue would have been better if she didn't fuck Bruce
There really shouldn't of been a prologue to begin with since the whole point of that is leading up to her and Bruce fucking while everything else is just a mediocre episode of BTAS that doesn't fit with the adaptation. Without the sex people would have just been angry that they padded up the time with filler but with the sex people just hated Batgirl's portrayal instead which is the opposite of how you should feel given what happens to her.
>>
>>84849347
he has excellent fashion taste.
>>
>>84849360
also it probably helped that we got it lateish here in australia a lot of people probably already knew about it
>>
File: 1469244022455.jpg (745KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469244022455.jpg
745KB, 1920x1080px
>>84849161
>the main criticism is about it being too violent and sexual?
Nigga, Assault on Arkham had fucking gore, partial tits and ass yet it was rated PG-13. This is incredibly tame in comparison with the most we get on the sexual front is this.
>>
How was Hamill's preformance in this?
>>
>>84849449
Great as always.
>>
>>84845474
Where was it confirmed batman didnt kill joker
>>
>>84848627
yeah
to be fair though it was made as direct to dvd the cinema showings were special events so they dont expect many non comics readers to watch it.

the fact it opened with barbra commenting on how odd the opening was proves they expected you to have read the comic and even the opening interview of the theater release spoils a good chunk of the story.

more then any other dc animated film this was made for the readers (except maybe new frontier (which i still need to get around to reading))
>>
File: 739999118.jpg (47KB, 675x520px) Image search: [Google]
739999118.jpg
47KB, 675x520px
>>84849374
>shouldn't of
>of
STOP. STOP IT.
>>
>>84849449
I was actually really disappointed with it. I really didn't like his line delivery at all.
>>
>>84843001

I read the synopsis.

Shitting on Moore's stuff is an Olympic event in Hollywood.
>>
>>84848473
this
and as you say the idea of drawing a parallel is a good idea in fact considering its something moore does a lot it would have been an incredible homage to the mans style.

but they fucked it up with the sex i did not even mind the conflict the sex caused but the thing that caused it to happen was horrible
>>
>>84849488
Easy autismo
>>
>>84849449
His singing was genius, but the other lines it feels like they made him do one take and just went with that.

I feel like they thought "Oh mark hamill hes so good as the joker that must mean he doesn't need direction and whatever he gives us is perfect!"
>>
>>84849144
i dont actually think he was going to rape her
it was certainly made to look like he was going to but he didnt seem the type he wanted to win her he would have gone no further then the kiss.

honestly as shitty and unnecessary as the prologue was i do think the vilan has potential for future storys
>>
>>84849161
see
>>84843673
>>
>>84848055
almost everyone in the theatre was cringing. couple of ews and a "why?" from some guy in the back
>>
>>84843001
>There's a Killing Joke movie with Hamil and Conroy and it was NOT amazing
This is so fucking depressing that I'm not sure if I want to even watch it.
>>
File: 1451145479551.png (181KB, 309x323px) Image search: [Google]
1451145479551.png
181KB, 309x323px
mfw I was the only one who enjoyed it. Treating the movie like a 2 part episode was a better way of looking at it.

I don't think the sex scene was bad beyond Timm doing it for his own reasons, but hey, he has creative choice on it and has done a lot for Batman in the past so maybe we should cut him some slack?
>>
>>84847187
The critic rating for the ghostbusters movie is heavily biased anon, a lot of those reviews are from feminists who would give anything a good review as long as it pushed a narrative that they supported.
>>
>>84849589
Even if you treat the first half as an unrelated side episode they really fuck with the second half and cut corners with the animation.
>>
>>84849559
He literally had a redhead prostitute wear a makeshift bat mask while he fucked her, because he was obsessed with Batgirl. I don't think they left a whole lot up to interpretation there.
>>
>>84849449
Good in some parts, terrible in others. He was given horrible direction so he sounds really off in some areas. The last exchanged he has with Batman just have him screaming like a pissed off retard instead of a man who's been pushed to the edge of despair.
>>
File: Babjd7XIIAARg3H.jpg (103KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Babjd7XIIAARg3H.jpg
103KB, 600x800px
>>84849437
im still mad they did not use the original draft photos in the train scene
you have an r rating why fucking censor anyway show the fucking nipples
>>
Just saw it. The first 30 minutes destroyed what would have been a decent adaptation. They really should have cut a good amount of the first act. Disappointing. Pretty neat that they got to tell the audience that Barbara is being objectified by a sociopath CIS WHITE MALE! I'm sure a good fan edit will come out one day.
>>
>>84848055
a few gasps then a collective groan when they kissed
>>
>>84849537
>Oh mark hamill hes so good as the joker that must mean he doesn't need direction and whatever he gives us is perfect!
but no decent voice director would do that and no decent producer or director would fail to see that the voice director was right.
>>
>no gore
>no nudity
>no sex
>barely any swearing and it's not even really offensive cursing at that

Why was this rated R again? This could've easily been a PG13, easily.
>>
>>84849632
yes he was obsessed but it really did seem like he wanted to seduce her.
>>
>>84849625
I didn't think the animation was too bad for the main parts, just certain sloppy elements in the background which likely comes down to budget, which is a bummer. As a condensed down BTAS version I think it worked.
>>
>>84849639
Is it weird that my favorite part of The Killing Joke story is how despite being more than understandably distressed that Gordon kept his cool?

Joker has his fair bit of good monologues but Gordon not breaking and how it was all done stood out to me the most.
>>
>>84849674
they had the mpaa give it an r rating so they could drum up interest.
>>
Poor sexually frustrated Barbara. Good thing she had that gay guy to vent to.
>>
>>84849673
It's either that or the director just didn't know what he was doing. There's no other way to explain the weird discrepancies with his performance.

He sounds generically pissed off in scenes that should be sad, scenes that were explicitly drawn in the comic with the Joker looking sad/conflicted, and hilariously bored in others. When he actually tells the joke at the end, he rushes it out like he's on his way out the door. It's really really off putting and underwhelming.
>>
>>84849717
That was the best part
>Do it by the book!

Batman's speech towards Joker saying that despite his efforts he couldn't break Gordon was great.
>>
>>84849717
I think what stood out to me is how lucid Joker is in this story.
>>
>>84849673
given how bad the voice acting was overall, I think "decent" is giving the voice director far too much credit. Given how much of a shitshow the whole thing is in general, I think the same could be said for the producer and director.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT8dnfmc0kQ
>>
>>84849673
You are correct, because no decent voice director. producer, or director worked on this movie
>>
>>84849717
I feel like they screwed that up in the movie too, the way Gordon delivers the line "By the book!" felt really weak and raspy. If he regained his composure and spoke with a bit more weight it would've been great.
>>
This probably would've been better if it was made like 6 years ago.
>>
>>84849828
which raises the question of why dc did not do more to give this movie the best dam staff possible
>>
>>84849876
It would have been better if they cut the first 30 minutes.

>>84849878
If they had given this a huge budget for a cartoon I think they could have done well enough in theaters to justify the cost. It feels like this movie was thrown together. It's really a shame.
>>
>>84849878
Because they knew it'll sell regardless if they put no effort into it. Son of Batman is the highest selling DC DTV movie within the last 4 years and it was absolute garbage while Gods and Monsters flopped.
>>
I think the main issue is that everyone had their own interpretation of how things were supposed to go, from delivery to art style, there was just no way this could deliver to the unrealistic hype.
>>
>>84849911
but its one of the holy trinity of hotly anticipated dc films people arent going to fall for it after watchmen and BvS.

im probably just being to optimistic
>>
>>84850142
If they had literally just did it panel for panel and had better animation then it would've been treated better.
>>
>>84849369
That fucking Jason.
>>
>>84843673
No, you've become a retard scared of a boogeyman, but at least you're willing to learn.
>>
File: 1370712656984.jpg (70KB, 278x278px) Image search: [Google]
1370712656984.jpg
70KB, 278x278px
The madman actually did it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT8dnfmc0kQ
>>
File: 1367009732391.jpg (38KB, 399x351px) Image search: [Google]
1367009732391.jpg
38KB, 399x351px
>>84850504
>WalrusGuy comes back
>immediately does a Killing Joke YTP
>>
>>84847098
>Barbara
>teenager
She was probably in her late 20s or early 30s by the time.
>>
>>84846214
>controversial story
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>84849437
I can't get over how half-assed this looks.
>>
>>84847949
Read Alan Moore's mortal clay from Batman annual #11
>>
>>84845647
I always saw the end as a mercy killing, not an anger one. Even though it wasn't "by the book" batman would not be enacting vengeance on joker, but instead coming to the conclusion that joker couldn't be helped, and finally getting over his irrational fear of killing. At the beginning batman mentions wanting to give one genuine attempt at reconciling their differences, and after joker rebukes him he realizes what he has to do.
>>
>>84843144
except the voice acting was terrible, most of the lines were delivered improperly without the correct inflections, you can hear how unnatural the dialogue is once they transition into the Killing Joke.

The whole movie is a complete shitfest, and I don't blame the voice actors because we know they can do good work, I blame the script writer and the voice director.
>>
>>84850755
Not muh Clayface.
What a wonderful comic.
>>
>>84843144
shut up, you stupid SJW
>>
>>84849185
Well maybe I can't read
>>
>>84850884
the fuck makes you think hes a sjw
not even mentioning the sex scene would have made him one tumblr simply hates it for the wrong reasons everybody else hates it just as much.

i think you need to have a rest anon you are clearly severally sleep deprived
>>
Controversial opinion incoming, but I enjoyed the Babs prologue immensely.

I always liked Batgirl as a sidekick (regardless of who's behind the cowl) over Robin quite a bit.

Plus anyone complaining about the big moment between Babs and Bruce, I feel like it works out well since Barbara (and Bruce, though he plays things more subtly) finds the entire thing very awkward after doing the deed.

It's like she finally got to ride Sempai's bone, but then realizes that wasn't really that good of an idea in hindsight. Pretty cool stuff.

Plus I do not look at the additions trivializing her at all. Mr. J blindsides her and honestly...I doubt the fuckin' clown knew the Bats bumped uglies since he secretly urges the Bat-D himself and just took the entire act of desecrating Babs as part of his plan to make Gordon go mad. He assumed Gordon going mad would, by extension, made Bats go batty with no real clue of the baggage between Bruce and Babs.

Pretty fuckin' brilliant adaption, if you ask me.
>>
>>84850983
>I doubt the fuckin' clown knew the Bats bumped uglies since he secretly urges the Bat-D himself and just took the entire act of desecrating Babs as part of his plan to make Gordon go mad. He assumed Gordon going mad would, by extension, made Bats go batty with no real clue of the baggage between Bruce and Babs.
No shit, no one believed otherwise.
>>
>>84850983
oh i liked the aftermath of the sex but the way it happened was retarded
>>
>>84851181
Yeah, that entire Paris Franz plot was pretty silly, but I think Tara Strong's strong voice work as Babs really held it together well enough for me to find it charming.

Easily her best Batgirl performance IMO. Her nearly turning into Cassandra Cain in a fit of rage was great.
>>
>>84851204
i always thought it was the writers trying to build audience attachment before they try and break our hearts

in which case it feels really forced/cheap in execution
As if the whole cunt-punching barbara with a .revolver wasn't shock value enough for its own sake or something
>>
>>84851394
>always
meant just*
>>
>>84843417
There's probably a few reviews like that. There always are with every piece of media now. No matter what you make, someone will contrive a way for it to be 'problematic.'

But the film was still total dogshit.
>>
>>84848577

Of course in the climax it's important to the narrative that Joker makes a tool out of her, but by making her abhorrently useless and dumb from jumpstreet, they managed to make so he was hardly reducing her from any dignified point of reference. When she starts out as a vegetable and stays a vegetable till the end, it really makes it hard to feel bad for her, and they moved it to focus on the viewer feeling bad for the bat. Which I think is a waste of the KJ at this point IT'S NOT LIKE DC CAN GO WITHOUT HAMFISTING THE FUCKING OPERA SCENE OR NOTHING for fucks sake. The franchise has gotten stale because they took all of these characters and only want people to empathize with Batman and feel dark and naughty by liking the joker.

At that point the creaters reduced her to nothing but a tool too. Batman's beef against the joker apparently wasn't justifiable enough without the sex scene, which really sinks their entire conflict of, "Hey that was MY puss."
>>
>>84848113
As it should be. TDKR is leaps and bounds better.
>>
>>84848577
The problem is so many people either havent actually read it or only skimmed through. Or maybe the just aren't very good at reading comprehension. Many people don't understand it was all about breaking Gordon, to show bats that any can break given one bad day. Somehow, even if it's clear as day, people think Babs getting shot was meant to fuck with Batman.

Clearly Timm and Co thought so when having them fuck to make Barbara more connected to Batman than ever. If anything the movie needed more Jim.
>>
>>84851802
This. The entire prologue could have been a slice of life of Barb and Gordon talking about crime and the state of the city or some shit. Hell, some half assed line of "its okay, theres still crime but the city is that much safer because youre in it, daddyo."
>>
>>84851839
that would have been great

you could even have jim recounting the days events so its not totaly devoid of action
>>
>>84848055
multiple people silently threw their hands up in the air like "WHAT THE FUCK"
>>
>>84848055
Everybody laughed when Gargoyle close up
>>
>>84843001
So is it actually bad, or are SJWs just triggered because bad things happen to a female character?
>>
>>84843001
>ANOTHER FRESH REVIEW.

Can't wait for the Double Toasted rant.
>>
>>84843542
It's pretty obvious the scene was added in for Timm to get his rocks off
>>
>>84850504
>you wanna work with me? Get undressed
my sides exploded
>>
When does the TKJ story start? I want to watch it but I have no interest in the shitty Babs backstory.
>>
>>84852954
watch for yourself and find out :^)
>>
>>84852954
28th minute, if I remember right. If not, it was the 31st one.
>>
>>84848055

This dreck was in theaters?
>>
>>84853088
Jesus, what the fuck.
>>
>>84853244
A 48 page comic doesn't fill much up time when turned into a movie.
>>
File: Livewire.png (211KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Livewire.png
211KB, 400x300px
>>84843001
R rating my ass. A typical Livewire episode of Superman has more filth than this.
>>
>>84852665
both

well no thats not entirely true one scene was horrible and some other scenes has some flaws but in general it was good
>>
>>84850504
ok the only bit of that that made any sense to me was the get undressed bit
the fuck was that
>>
>>84843961

could have fooled me with some of the Clark/Bruce interactions.

>>84844008
>dick getting shafted hard

nice
>>
File: STEPHANIE-BROWN.StephCase.png (118KB, 648x1100px) Image search: [Google]
STEPHANIE-BROWN.StephCase.png
118KB, 648x1100px
>>84848987
If you wanna be a hipster about it, there's worse stuff that has gone unavenged.
>>
>>84853522
>how you drew her in sexual poses during it
he had an excellent speech why would he fuck it up with faggotry like that
>>
>>84844377
>implying GB's reviews weren't severely tilted by Gamergate/Rabid Puppy types being crybabies as usual
>>
File: armorman.jpg (71KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
armorman.jpg
71KB, 1200x600px
>>84843001
I thought it was a solid film, could have been a little longer.

It isn't as good as Under the Red Hood or the Dark Knight Returns though

i think most of the butthurt stems from the sex scene....i mean it wasn't even a sex scene, we didn't get to see proper flesh, just her bra for half a second, fuck that shit!.
>>
File: RoxyRocket.png (151KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
RoxyRocket.png
151KB, 500x382px
>>84853356
what about Roxy Rocket

https://youtu.be/TajaOpV9fBQ?t=1m7s

very lewd indeed
>>
>>84843001
Who cares about RT scores of DTV movies?
>>
>DC's notorious and rampant Babsgirl faggotry comes back to bite them in the ass
Good.
>>
>>84849071
>but did the Killing Joke really need a prologue that parallels the main story?
Nope
>>
File: BarbWake.png (241KB, 1111x1389px) Image search: [Google]
BarbWake.png
241KB, 1111x1389px
Condense your threads.
>>84852101
>>84853719
>>84843001
Use the >>>/co/catalog before making a thread. Read the existing threads. Fuck.
>>
>>84854831
no janny tag, no mod tag, no nothing.

literal thread police. we are sorry your non-popular disney show got knocked off the board
>>
File: medical-rape.1299157415400.jpg (529KB, 961x766px) Image search: [Google]
medical-rape.1299157415400.jpg
529KB, 961x766px
>>84853629
The writer of that story isn't popular enough for the artist to be able to use rape-like imagery in a story for any reason.
>>
File: blossoderp.png (36KB, 160x188px) Image search: [Google]
blossoderp.png
36KB, 160x188px
>the sex scene!
Was about 4 frames of Barb taking off her shirt, wasn't emphasized in the slightest, and served a narrative purpose.

>Having a separate prologue!
Allowed Barb getting shot to have the impact it requires to set the tone for the main plot while also functioning as a foil to the main plot re: the relationship between Barbara and Franz and the insanity the mantle entails.

You're all retarded.
>>
>>84854894
Yeah but if you cant direct for shit it wont mean shit.

Attempting to have Joker-lite vs Barbara and allowing Batgirl to almost kill someone was totally overshadowed by Batman not kicking Batwoman off his dick.

Out of character for Batman
Plausible in character for Batwoman

You can paint the roads brown with your shit until someone notices you, but people will always remember the sex scene
>>
>>84854980
>Attempting to have Joker-lite vs Barbara and allowing Batgirl to almost kill someone was totally overshadowed by Batman not kicking Batwoman off his dick.
Was it? Or is that just you focusing in on that tiny tiny part of the story unnecessarily because it's the only thing you can reasonably object to?
>>
>>84854980
>Batwoman
It's Batgirl.
>>
>>84855097
Read the thread fucknugget, everyone seen BatGIRL as a whiny teenager who quit when things stopped being fun in that movie and few folks got the Joker-Paris bit.

Even in the other thread someone mentioned it early on and not a damn spark of discussion was built on it.

Most folks are complaining about the sex scene and animation.

Hell, more people are complaining about Conroy's laugh at the end than people talking about joker-paris
>>
>>84854831
>bitches that a movie that just came out has more than one thread
>all the topics are slightly different anyway
>yells at OP to delete the thread that was here first
>???
>profit
>>
Maybe Timm should have...
Done it by the book.
>>
>>84855197
either anon is a huge fanboy or was in the team that made this garbage because there is an obvious effort to try and get people to stop talking about this film.
>>
If you needed a prologue that lets viewers know who Batgirl is then just show a Batman/Robin/Batgirl escapade that puts her in the limelight (maybe saving the Commish too)

Or how she officially became Batgirl
>>
>>84855186
>read the threads
Yeah, no, a bunch of angry MRA's circlejerking over how they can't stand a female protagonist isn't a great indication of the film's conveyance.
>>
>>84855359
What if you had a prologue to establish an emotional connection to batgirl that also served as a foil for the main plot?

You could have a story where Batgirl becomes obsessed with her own Joker, and explores the abyss of insanity that Batman lives in. You could even have her walk away from crime fighting to contrast her character with Batman's.

OH WAIT THAT'S WHAT THEY DID
>>
File: 317.png (134KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
317.png
134KB, 600x601px
>>84855368
>implying tumber and reddit are not more pissed of than us
>>
>>84843001
> reviews counted: 7

I'm guessing you keep getting an 'F' in your math classes.
>>
>>84855418
Very badly then because at least Bat-man was constantly panting for some hot ass while trying to kill the Joker.

insert joker homo love jokes
>>
>>84855468
Not OP, but what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>84855418
>You could have a story where Batgirl becomes obsessed with her own Joker, and explores the abyss of insanity that Batman lives in
Right but what does that have to do with her fucking Batman though
>>
>>84855418
What they ended up doing was making me glad Barb gets shot.

Besides the best part of getting shot/paralyzed that feminists/DC/Moore don't realize was always that she overcomes that and eventually becomes Oracle, a better character than when she was Batgirl.

Hell Commissioner Barbera Gordon was better than being BatGIRL.
>>
>>84849601

For movies like ghost busters you have to see them yourself to get an actual opinion, Can't trust positive opinions because it's just SJW pushing there agenda and saying it's a great movie even if that might not be true, can't trust negative reviews because Anti-SJW are just gonna bash on it for "FEMINISTS TAKING OVER MY MOVIES"
>>
>>84855756
>What they ended up doing was making me glad Barb gets shot.
Same, I was very much like Len Wein "cripple the bitch!"
>>
>>84853401
You've never heard of a Youtube Poop?
>>
>>84855891
I bash it because it looks like another soul-less cash in of a long dead franchise/movie from the 80s
>>
>>84849720
Just like BvS
>>
>>84848055
Laughter and some cringing.
>>
>>84855418
Or they could have gone a different angle.
They could've had a prologue where Batman and Batgirl get Joker sent to Arkham. Either Batgirl or Batman accidentally gives him drive to give Gordon (and unknowingly Barbara) a "bad day" and Bats ends up feeling the need to talk with him.
Then, after Barbara gets shot, they could have had a scene where she feels the need to get back at Joker. She asks the hospital staff for a computer. Batman is in the Batmobile on his manhunt, when he receives an e-mail that is a list of criminals who have various connections to the Joker from an unknown sender.
They could have had Bats further refute Joker's "One Bad Day" view by pointing out that not only was Gordon okay, but the poor girl that he crippled? She didn't break either.
They could've made Barbara important without making a prologue loosely connected to the movie.
But yeah the whole "Abyss" and "Batgirl has issues" thing was 'totally' better.
>>
>>84856774
Your idea is even shittier than the idea they used.
>>
>>84856880
Was just giving an idea on how they could tie the prologue in better/not make Babs as much of a prop (since that's what people would complain about anyway) without detracting too much from the original comic.
>>
>>84855201
highly underrated lol.
>>
>>84855368
This is why people laugh at silly faggots like you. I don't think I've seen a single post in any of these threads saying anything about a female protagonist.

Go suck cocks somewhere else if you don't feel like reading the shit you're going to reply to.
>>
So was there a point of Barbra having sex with batman at all? Why does Bruce Tim keep forcing batman to have sex with his bat daughter? (I'm referring to batman beyond TV series).
>>
>>84859471
>So was there a point of Barbra having sex with batman at all?
Her attraction to crime fighting and the thrill of the fight (not Batman. It's not about Bruce or Batman.), as well as her manic obsession with Franz, began to boil over. It shows us the state of mind the character is in and helps to inform (though not as the ONLY factor, as some people would have you believe) her final breakdown where she nearly kills Franz.

I honestly don't know why people are focusing so hard on that aspect of the movie. It's fairly unimportant. Seems like a lot of people ITT have some issues with women and sex.
>>
>>84859471
Nope, it's just to add fanservice at the expense of the actual narrative. I don't know why people are so obsessively defending. Seems like a lot of people ITT just can't handle criticism of their wank material
>>
>>84855418
too bad they didn't do that, and inserted some shitty indefensible fanservice plot instead

christ, the defense force here is even worse than BvS
>>
>>84854894
>can't provide an actual rebuttal
>calls everyone retarded

/co/, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>84859587
Barbra having sex with batman is like having superman giving lex litho a rim job, it's out of character and out of place. Also Barbra is Jim Gordons daughter. Bruce will never betray his justice brother like that. The limit is turning her into a super hero.
>>
I bet these defenders would be frothing at the mouth if they changed Batman in a significant manner.

But Batgirl's just a female character, so it's absolutely okay for writers to dumb her down into a groupie
>>
>>84859888
>Luthor

My phone auto correct it by mistake.
>>
>>84859893
In her silver age origin, she was a groupie. Batman also has also been interpreted in multiple significantly different ways, just look at Adam West and Ben Affleck.
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.