[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wednesday Hype Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: 1532605_xl.jpg (355KB, 900x1396px) Image search: [Google]
1532605_xl.jpg
355KB, 900x1396px
What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
>>
lobster johnson
omega men
cry havoc
nowhere men
legacy of luther strode
>>
>>83111118
>legacy of luther strode
Wait, is that out this week?
>>
>>83111393
comiclist has it
last issue too, it's been a long time coming
>>
Damian spoliers.
>>
>nighthawk gets his own series starting tommorow
This is the first I've heard of it
Worth checking out?
>>
>>83111457
Yes, this, what *is* going with him?

(And dammit, at midnight pst, I'll be giving a presentation at work, so no chances of reading it straight away.)
>>
>>83111641
How do you like idea of black racist Batman?
>>
DC Universe Rebirth #1
Omega Men #12
Deadly Class #21
Tokyo Ghost #7
Captain America: Steve Rodgers #1
Doctor Strange #8
Ms. Marvel #7

Not a bad week, I think.
>>
>>83110928
dc universe rebirth and darkside wars will be a different continuity? Or one follows the other?
>>
>>83110928
Rebirth, Valiant's books, Transformers, JL, Carnage, Suicide Squad Most Wanted and Street Fighter x G.I. Joe.
>>
Super shotas
>>
>>83110928
>What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
DC to shoot itself in the foot.
Again.
>>
>>83111816
Who's writing?
>>
>>83112026
That's not tomorrow
>>
>>83112505
Some David Walker
>>
>>83112505
David Walker.
>>
>>83112505
christopher priest's replacement to write black characters
>>
>>83112581
I'm glad Priest finally broke free and got a potentially interesting book
>>
>>83112552
He worked on Cyborg before he fucked off, I think. I know him from Army of Dr. Moreau... didn't like that book much.
>>
>>83112552
>>83112559
So nothing to look at

>>83112581
Only if he was as good.
>>
>>83112624
Well, art is pretty and i liked this character in Supreme Power and MAX mini so maybe it's worth to give it a try
>>
>>83110928
>They put AquaMan in the back
>Every fucking time
why live?
>>
>>83112687
Who's the artist?
>>
File: 56f2e8cf11dd6.jpg (215KB, 1100x851px) Image search: [Google]
56f2e8cf11dd6.jpg
215KB, 1100x851px
>>83112739
Ramon Villalobos
>>
Lots of stuff from DC:

Batgirl #52, final regular New52 issue.
Cyborg apparently has Marv Wolfman as the writer for #11
DCU Rebirth Special, obviously
Flash #52, even if Jensen is fucking awful as a writer
Grayson #20, the last until the Annual next month and then Nightwing in July
Justice League #50, *obviously*
Omega Men #12, ***obviously***
Scooby Apocalypse #1, assuming Giffen+DeMatteis+Porter is your thing, and Lee's design don't make you vomit
Secret Six #14, the final issue
Superman #52, final issue of the Super League and of the New52 series
Superman: Lois and Clark #8, final issue of this series and another lead into Rebirth Superman
We Are Robin #12, final issue of a series that went under the radar after some time
>>
>>83111411

>Luthor vs Cain
I can't believe it's finally here.
>>
Rebirth
Omega Men
Tokyo Ghost
Cry Havoc
Luther Strode
>>
Shit, I just realized that even with Jim Lee's shitty redesigns the team on Scooby Apocaylpse is actually really good.
>>
>>83115212
Like Jim Lee said, Shaggy can just shave the mustache, trim down the beard, and wear long-sleeve shirts if it becomes that much of an issue.
>>
>>83111966
Darkseid Wars is in the past, before a bunch of arcs in the solo books. Rebirth is after everything else currently happening elsewhere.
>>
DC:
Art Ops #8
DC Universe Rebirth #1
Justice League #50
Scooby Apocalypse #1

Image:
East of West #26
Monstress #6
Tokyo Ghost #7

Marvel:
Doctor Strange #8
Nighthawk #1
Starbrand and Nightmask #6
>>
>>83116442

Yeah, it's not only Hipster D-Bag Shaggy that I have issue with. I'm also not all that fond of skinny weirdo Velma or speaks in Emoji's Scooby. Fred and Daphne just look like Fred and Daphne if they were stars of a 90's Image Comic.
>>
>>83110928
A painful death for shitty New52 Superman.
>>
Rebirth, Omega Men, Scooby Apocalypse
>>
Aliens
Deathstroke
Grayson
JL 3001
Lobster Johnson
Omega Men
Over the Garden Wall
Scooby Apocalypse
Strayer
Suiciders
Tarot
We are Robin
>>
>>83117431
If it helps any, Velma's just an extremely short person instead of her usual "shortest in the group" and Scooby CAN talk in the emoji bubbles but he also does his Scooby speech, he's the product of some research lab Shaggy and Velma both work at and the emoji bubbles require special contacts or glasses to see.

I'm expecting some military black ops project made a talking dog that can silently communicate with his handler and since Scooby's gen 1, he's just stupid, lovable Scooby instead of trained military attack German Shepard with human intelligence.

Also, Fred and Daphne have a flipped character/romantic dynamic: Daphnie is the Ghost-hunting, get in dangerous situations, romantically oblivious one; Fred is more cautious, doesn't think they should go looking for trouble, but does it anyway because he's got a crush on her she just doesn't see.
>>
File: luther.jpg (158KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
luther.jpg
158KB, 988x1500px
>>83110928
>What are you looking forward to tomorrow?

ARCHIE
Afterlife With Archie 009

BOOM
Joyride #2 (Of 4)
Welcome Back 008

DANGER ZONE
Tomboy 005

DARK HORSE
Lobster Johnson Metal Monsters Of Midtown 001 (Of 3)

DC
Batgirl 052
DC Universe Rebirth 001
Justice League 050
Omega Men 012

DEVILS DUE/1FIRST COMICS
Squarriors Volume 2 Summer 001 (Of 4)

Cry Havoc 005
Dream Police 010
East Of West 026
Invincible 127
Legacy Of Luther Strode 006 (Of 6)
Monstress 006
Starve 009
Tokyo Ghost 007

MARVEL
Captain America Steve Rogers 001
Captain Marvel 005
Doctor Strange 008
Ms. Marvel 007
Totally Awesome Hulk 006
Weirdworld 006

ONI PRESS
Letter 44 025
>>
>>83110928
Ms. Marvel #7
Captain Marvel #5
Omega Men #12

Also looking forward to the Hellcat and Steve Rogers storytimes.
>>
>>83110928
I pray they age up Damian. I think a teenage Damian would be the bees knees especially if eventually he starts wearing his Batsuit.
>>
>>83119687
Eat a dick, shit opinion: he's turning 13!
>>
So I'm seriously considering dropping the mainstream MCU titles I've been picking up down to Trade status. I'm just so bloody meh on the entire universe right now. Probably due to Civil War II but the crap that I've been hearing about Captain America #1 doesn't help.
>>
>>83119856
>MCU
>>>/tv/
>>
>>83119856
>I'm just so bloody meh on the entire universe right now.
I'm really just reading the (more or less) self contained books, myself. Like: I enjoy the current X-23 book (All-New Wolverine); but ignore the Hopeless book with her and Angel (other than the very first issue he hasn't been in the book at all). Actually, now that I think about it that's the ONLY X-book I'm reading anymore.

The way both companies reboot/relaunch/renumber things these days there's really no good reason to stick with anything if it's not making you impatient for Wednesday to roll around so you can get your fix. Just drop everything and jump back on whatever new thing looks the most shiny next week (and the week after and the week after).
>>
anyone reading Suicide Squad Most Wanted?
>>
>>83122374
yeah I like that they're using Kobra
>>
>>83122332

Yeah, right now I'm probably going to keep picking up

A-Force
All-New, All-Different Avengers
All-New Wolverine
Amazing Spider-Man
Black Panther
Black Widow
Doctor Strange
Mighty Thor
Mockingbird
New Avengers
Ultimates
>>
>>83122332
Wha, Angel's been in a lot of issues, his and Laura's romance was a pretty big subplot of the first 6 issues.

I'm glad that we're finally getting to Evan shit, I'm even looking forward to Iceman gay shit coming after.
>>
>>83111118
Omega men? Can u tell me why u like this new run, I've been keeping up, but would like a reason to enjoy it. I'm finding more problems than I'm enjoying this.
>>
>>83124587

Omega Men ends this month? Next month? It ends with number twelve so your probably better off picking up the trade which I think comes out in August or September. It's by Tom King and he gets a lot of love from a lot of people.
>>
Everything from Valiant and Rebirth because I want to watch the trainwreck
>>
>>83124667
I actually have all the issues except 12, for obvious reasons , I just wanted to know from your perspective, why do you like omega men
>>
>>83124701
>trainwreck
Literally everyone but the /co/ntrarians has been praising the issue.
>>
>>83110928
Luther Strode ending
Bill and Ted Go To Hell ending
DC Rebirth
Street Fighter X G.I. Joe
>>
>>83112894
Oh anon you're so silly saying you're excited for Secret Six?

...wait you're not ACTUALLY excited about Secret Six are you?
>>
>>83110928
Harley body is bleached!
does that mean they'll keep the n.52 origin? bummer
>>
>>83112779
holy shit I was picking this up anyway but DOUBLE SOLD. Villalobos is amazing. He is the patrician's Quitely.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.