[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Will Marvel Comics Reveal Tomorrow?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 551
Thread images: 49

File: marvellogo-600x338.jpg (16KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
marvellogo-600x338.jpg
16KB, 600x338px
"I understand that certain people at Marvel are rather perturbed at all the comic book press that DC Comics has received in recent days, quite drowning out their own plans. Even a tease given to Diamond that suggested Marvel would be having its own new roster of comic titles for the autumn seems to have been knocked aside regarding the big spoilers in'

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/22/what-will-marvel-comics-reveal-tomorrow/

It doesn't get more pathetic than this folks.
>>
>>83051484
Yeah, how pathetic, announcing books that they're planning to release.

This is a new low, Marvel.
>>
>>83051531
>Getting anally ravaged that DC gets 5 seconds of press and bumping up your own announcements just to steal the spotlight back

Pretty sad really.
>>
File: skeletor_sulking.jpg (26KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
skeletor_sulking.jpg
26KB, 620x368px
>>83051484

So it's a "We have to one-up DC as quick as possible" announcement?

Knew it was coming sooner or later.
>>
>>83051484
I am sure that those Blade and Gamora books will surely get them attention

It won't
>>
>>83051579

>Gamora

Because those other Guardian solo-titles really took off...

Blade'll have my money if it keeps Seeley. Is he DC exclusive now?
>>
>>83051629
No, he has a book at like 4 different publishers
>>
Miracleman, not Molecule Man, created the Marvel Univese
>>
I hate the current state of Marvel comics so I'd love to see them take a steep dive in the hopes they have to change their current lines.
>>
>>83051660

Exclusive is usually limited to just DC and Marvel though. And he's not writing anything for Marvel at the moment.
>>
>>83051746
DC's latest exclusives have been DC/Vertigo exclusive unless you already have a book out somewhere else, then you can be on that book to finish it
And he just announced an Aftershock book and hasn't said anything about leaving Blade
>>
Marvel Universe Reborn when?
>>
Everyone is suddenly a black transsexual Muslim. If you don't like it you're an racist, Trump supporting, GamerGater.
>>
hopefully we find out what the fuck Fury said to Thor.
>>
>but guys we're killing off the x-men for realsies this time, don't you believe us?
>>
After Dr Manhattan you'd think DC would welcome the distraction.
>>
>>83051921
Jean pls
>>
File: 1413989950514.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1413989950514.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>83052085
Why are x-fags such fucking abused housewives?
If the publisher of the books you like obviously doesn't want you, why keep giving them your money?
>>
>>83051560
>>83051531
>some dude on the internet gives his opinion
>lol marvel is buttdevastated
What is it with the company wars retards infesting everything?
>>
>>83051560
Is it though, when you have literally double DC's market share?
>>
>>83052211
You're right, it's not sad, it's just scummy.
>>
>>83051560
>DC needing to rebrand for the 3rd time in 5 years
>not pathetic
>>
>>83052263
That's bissnuess junior
>>
>>83051484
>another event
>more relaunches
>progressive character changes

I'm thinking all of the above.
>>
Who do they even have left to race/genderswap? It won't be Iron Man or Dr. Strange since they're still trying to get both of those to be popular in the first place, but most of the other big characters have already had their legacy passed on.
>>
>>83051746
>And he's not writing anything for Marvel at the moment.
Its been confirmed that the Blade book still has Seeley writing it. Only thing that changed is the artist.
>>
>>83052290
To be fair Marvel did this as well, but it didn't hit the reset button on the whole universe that they had been pushing since the last rebrand. Sadly Ultimate was dead in the water before the post Secret Wars renumbering finally killed it, but it wasn't the main focus unlike New 52
>>
>>83052263
They're businesses that have been in direct competition for fifty years. Obviously, they both want as much attention on them as possible.
>>
Star Wars vs. Marvel
>>
>Coming this fall from award winning writer Brian Michael Bendis...
>CIVIL WAR 3
>>
>>83051691
Bullshit, it was drawn by Jack Kirby. He said it himself to Reed Richards in a Fantastic Four story.
>>
>>83052363
Finally we shall have the female japanese Doom we've always wanted
>>
>>83052363
Steve got a Cap book while Sam has his, and Thor may get one has well since there are some hammers lying around and his movie is being worked on.
And they have some previously announced books, relaunches of shitty selling books, other obscure characters to give books to, Robbie doesn't have a book yet, and Death of X and Dead No More to talk about.

Lots of the usual shit.
>>
>>83052438
I can't wait for the butthurt if this happens.
>>
>>83052432
That's true, but you don't see Pepsi taking low blows at Coke products every time they put out a new product. But I guess neither of those companies are run by literal manchildren and actually have well-funded PR departments.
>>
>>83052502
Ah yes, Civil War III

Where the marvel universe rages war against each other and Thanos, who is under arrest.
>>
>>83052085
Killing the X-men for real and forget about them? never
Disbanding the X-men and spreading them around the other comics, just like the Johnny and Ben? Most probably.
>>
>>83052513
>Doom and Reed finally bang
Story of the century
>>
>>83052085
Death of X is about the death of the dream, so that's close.
>>
>>83052395
I don't know man, my dad reads a lot of comics and when he first heard about Rebirth he was sure it was a joke because they literally just did something like it last year. I just don't think DC has any credibility left with people, after, twice in a year, telling everyone, "shit guys, we're sorry, we really fucked up, it'll be great this time tho."

All I want is my fucking Captain Marvel book, shit.
>>
>>83052545
It's going to happen one of these years.
>>
>>83052502
I mean Miller's already announced that he's working on DK4 so it's not unprecedented.
>>
>>83052634
>Death of X is about the death of the dream

I feel like the last decade of X-Men comics has constantly been about that.
>>
>>83052638
>kind of hopeful that it will be good
>can't trust them because they let you down so much
>still waitting for that Captain Marvel book
Are. . . Are you me?
>>
>>83052638
>But Rebirth he was sure it was a joke because they literally just did something like it last year

Just because your Dad was wrong doesn't make your anecodte somehow meaningful.

The truth is that Marvel rebrands and relaunches at least once a year. It's a complete fucking joke.

For all of DC's sins, New 52 went 5 years uninterrupted. DCYou was just another wave of titles, it wasn't a relaunch at all.
>>
>>83052664
And Miller and Lee have been announcing second part of ASBAR every year for like 6 years now and we all know how that's going.
>>
>>83052306

While it might be business, Quesada has always been outright ruthless and petty with this shit. The industry needs DC and Marvel in a healthy-state for the infrastructure and shops to survive. The Disney buyout gave them an even larger promotional outlet too.

Every bit of positive news DC's released, Marvel counteracts it right away and steals the thunder. Every negative news affecting DC Marvel writers spread as much as they can. They didn't even let DC move their office without throwing venom their way.

It's the same shortsighted industry harming shit Marvel is famous for. Marvel knocking DC out of the picture just means a massive chunk of a niche market is blown off the map, which harms retailers, which harms Marvel. It hurts everyone from an economic-standpoint.

Now, granted, I know overall DC isn't going anywhere, nor is Marvel, but Rebirth succeeding is really important to the entire industry as a whole because DC is in a general rough patch right now.
>>
>>83052664
Miller is probably going to die before we see anything from DK4
>>
>>83052692
In issue 2 of Extraordinary X-Men Storm calls Teen Jean the living mutant dream. Do you think we can finally get rid of that mind rapist cunt once and for all?
>>
>>83052502
>implying it won't be Infinity War II: The Synergy Saga
>>
>>83052713
>DCYou was just another wave of titles, it wasn't a relaunch at all.
I can't believe how many people can't understand this. It was just a banner for their new #1s to fly under because they had to promote their new stuff somehow. Nothing got renumbered (except maybe Suicide Squad? I know that got a relaunch somewhere), it wasn't a reboot in any sense of the word.
>>
>>83052713
There was, what, NOW in 2012 and AN last year?

That's
>A. Not every year
>B. Not accompanied by an apology
>>
>>83052692
>last decade
Come on, an X-Man has died like every year since 1975 and even before then Xavier died like twice.
>>
Here comes another relaunch

Mark my words.
>>
>>83052731
Well Lee finally put out Europa and Miller has been putting out DK3 fairly regularly so not bad. I wouldn't be surprised to see the rest of ASBAR within the next five years.
>>
>>83052713
>The truth is that Marvel rebrands and relaunches at least once a year. It's a complete fucking joke.

The constant All-New All Different relaunches reek of desperation, trying to wring out every single cent that they can with diminishing returns on each relaunch. And it sounds like it's beginning to catch up with them.

Christ, at least when Johns and DiDio talk about Rebirth in interviews it sounds like they're actually concerned about sustainability.
>>
How is ANAD even fairing? Reception seems lukewarm except for a few standouts like Vision.
>>
>>83052835
No, I'm talking about the theme of THE PROFESSORS DREAM IS DEAD FOREVER!!! It's getting really fucking annoying.
>>
>>83052824
Now
All-New Now
Avengers Now
All-New All-Different

There was literally one every year.
>>
>>83052762
Infinity Gauntlet II is basically guaranteed at this point, right? Does Infinity count as Infinity Gauntlet II?
>>
>>83052779

Squad was not renumbered.

New Suicide Squad, much like the New Teen Titans before it, was just a revived cancelled title.

A lot of people failed to grasp that DCYou was just a new brand slogan to say "There's a book for everyone and everything."

Which there honestly was. The DCYou books were pretty varied and unique. It was a really fun ride and I'm upset it was so overlooked.
>>
>>83052779
I called it a rebranding, which it was.

Your assertion that they only did it for promotion is pretty ridiculous when they were pretty public about it being an attempt to fix the shit that went wrong with New 52.
>>
>>83051560
they're just doing their job as the big dog on campus keeping DC in their place

they're obligated to do so
>>
>>83052824
Now
All New Now
Avengers Now
All New All Different
>>
>>83051560
That's what people call business. You don't let your rival company get ahead even for a second, that's how you stay on top.
>>
>>83052879
It fucked over a lot of the newer books: Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Hawkeye, etc. that all only had 5 issues before it really tanked.
>>
>>83052879
Marvel now has twice DC's market share, so.
>>
>>83052513
sounds hot.
>>83052619
>she's Reeds Namor
I kinda want this.
>>
>>83052964
Star Wars does, Marvel's actual superhero line is doing quite poorly right now.
>>
>>83052890
Are you actually retarded or just pretending to be? Those first three are all the same NOW imprint rolled out in waves just like New 52 was.
>>
>>83052913
That's not a rebranding, you numbskull. The books don't say DCYou on the cover or anything, the only time they used DCYou was in ads. They said they were having an ongoing talk about the philosophy of the company, that's an esoteric thing, not a "here's our unboot" the way Rebirth is.
>>
>>83051484
>In a LANDMARK new change, Marvel is adding more of the lower races to its roster of heroes!
>Marvel announced today that a new squad of heroes comprised entirely of races the white man had to push into the modern era would be appearing in their new book, the Affirmative Action Patrol!
>>
When you rush things, Those thing might end up being bad.

Might is the key word
>>
>>83052879
http://www.comicsbeat.com/marvel-comics-month-to-month-sales-march-2016-spiders-dont-live-in-a-cesspool-but-in-dead-pools/

It fucked over a lot of books from before the relaunch, ended up with some books with the exact same sales before, and few with any improvement in sales.
>>
>>83053010
And yet you're going to say DCYou was a whole separate thing? The only retard here is the one with the cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>83052850

Marvel has always looked for the quick dollar over the long-term health of the market. While Ikey Ike doesn't help it's been this way for longer.

They set seeds to crash the industry with new number 1s, long-term crossovers, long-term events, and spamming variant covers as far back as the 90s.

Then you have Marvel splitting away from the distributors and creating their own infrastructure that failed miserably and when a distributor offered to enter a deal similar to the one DC had entered with Diamond, despite their failure at distribution, laughed it off said no and created the fucking Diamond Monopoly that plagues comics to this day.
>>
>>83052964

That's thanks to Star Wars though.
>>
>>83053094
In terms of branding imprints, obviously, yeah.

Waves of NOW = Waves of New 52
DCYou = ANAD

etc
>>
DC Rebirth is trying to get back the old fans.

Marvel does the opposite. For fuck's sake, it feels like for every Spencer or Duggan there's two Slotts and Bendii.
>>
>>83051629
Gamora has the benefit of being written by someone who knows their Marvel Cosmic, wrote the first draft of GotG before Gunn came in, and doesn't rely on cliches and superficial shit from the MCU GotG.

Also they plan to incorporate Magus into the comic so I am looking forward to this.
>>
File: marvel world.jpg (49KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
marvel world.jpg
49KB, 480x270px
>>83051484
/CO/ BLOWN THE FUCK OUT!!!
>>
>>83053289
Whoops wrong thread.
>>
Marvel, just take the loss at this point. You're not going to beat Wally and Watchmen in hype/anger. CW2 will still probably beat Rebirth in sales anyway. It's not a big deal that people are talking about another company.
>>
>>83052999
From April, disregarding Star Wars books,

Top 10:
Marvel
>419.68
DC
>314.29

Top 25 is even fucking worse,
3 DC titles and 10 Marvel (without Star Wars)

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/597?articleID=178540
>>
>>83053289
TNG is fantastic after season 2
DS9 becomes god tier after season 1
Voyager is shit
Enterprise is nicer shit
>>
>>83053194

ANAD reset everything to zero.

DCYou just released new titles without really resetting anything. Even books like Batgirl and Catwoman that really needed it.

All New Now cancelled and rebranded books for inflated sales, which All New Avengers also did. It's not a new wave when you're cancelling titles and relaunching them to number 1 for no reason.

They're not really "waves" like the second batch of New52.
>>
>>83053235
is it me or has duggan gotten worse? Ever since he went exclusive, seems like he stopped trying to make good comics.
>>
Everyone who buys a ticket to the movies is not going to buy a comic.

Just realize that Marvel. Please.

Please.
>>
>>83053353
He's stuck writing event lead ins. Before he could do whatever the fuck.
>>
>>83053351
what will they call the next relaunch? All different all new?
>>
>>83053348
DC doing poorly does not suddenly mean Marvel is doing well friend.

No one is arguing that DC isn't in the shit financially right now.
>>
>>83053348

That is off by barely 100 points.

You know that's not all that bad right?

>>83053334

I dunno. 2.99 for 80 pages seems to be a huge selling point for Rebirth for a lot of people I've talked to.
>>
File: Holy Smokes.jpg (95KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Holy Smokes.jpg
95KB, 1024x768px
>>83053348
Oh shit. I didn't know it was that bad.
>>
>>83051484
>yfw Marvel quickly relaunches all its comics again
>>
>Company wars
Why tho? They're both horrible companies, so why not just read what's good?
>inb4 Marvel/DC has nothing good
>>
>>83053438
It's off by 33%, even without all of the Star Wars books Marvel prints, and the top 10 is about as good as it gets for DC. The ratio 11-25 is like 3:1
>>
>>83053438
Yeah Rebirth will knock out Civil War 0. The real question is if any of the Rebirth #1's can take out Civil War 1 for the #1 spot. I doubt it, but DC may be able to get most of the top 10 that month besides star wars and black panther.
>>
>>83053388

We'll see towards the end of Civil War II.

Even though Retailers are telling Marvel all this shit is harming the industry.
>>
They are going to announce death of X sinopsis, x-men still sell more than 80% of the other marvel comics.
>>
>>83053351
>reset everything to 0
>everything literally picked up where it left off Pre Secret Wars with an 8 month time gap
>this reset everything
>>
>>83053235
I think this is it, Marvel is fucking with the older fans and with people like Brevoort, Bendis, and Slott who admit to trolling and "Mad fans means nore money" and every time they shit on the bed they don't admit they were wrong

DC said they fucked up and is taking a page from Morrison in the "Everything ever in the history of DC comics is canon" page and they are telling the most WTF story while bringing back elements that fans loved and are missing from the Ne 52 universe. Who knows if ultimately the story they are planning will be good or not but the premise is so WTF already that is peaking every comic nerd's interest and it's driving away attention from CWII forcing Marvel to make some effort to try and win their audience back.
>>
>>83052573
in the leadup to the winter classic
Secret Wars 2
>>
>>83053438
Comic fans have shown that price doesn't mean much to them. It is a great deal though so we'll see.
>>
>>83053496
There are only two brands of comics, and you can only like one of them.

Duh.
>>
>>83053438
Civil War II is what? 5.99 for how many pages?
>>
>>83053496
This isn't really company wars though in the traditional sense of fanboys arguing. It's Marvel here making it about them vs DC not us.
>>
>>83053348
4 DC books, and the only Marvel books selling are #1s and Gwenpool. Marvel panders to the speculator's market. This is nothing new.
>>
>>83053501

But that Star Wars-free comparison is no where near as drastic a difference as you're making it out to be.

Neither are doing all that strongly right now. ANAD leveled out to levels under what the previous books were doing and that's not good. It's not about company wars, it's about sales being shit and both companies continuing the harm the industry instead of helping it.
>>
>>83053602
23 maybe?
>>
>>83053364
Marvel doesn't care. They don't even care about keeping the same readers year to year.

They just grind through fans for quick sales. That's why their whole thing is pissing people off.
>>
>>83051560
When you're winning 2-0, and the opponent scores, the worst thing you can do is play defense.
>>
>>83053587
Why in gods name would anybody read Marvel? If you read comics then Marvel has nothing to offer you. They have no good writers and can't tell a decent story.
>>
>>83053548
They'll just pander to SJWs some more. Expect a book about [Unsolicited opinions on Israel] next
>>
>>83053618
Uh, I don't think you can count, man.

>JL 49 at 11
>Batman/TMNT at 14
>JL Darkseid Special at 19

Notice how every single one of those books has Batman in it.
>>
>>83053771
I disagree
>>
>>83051560
Wasn't DC going to have midnight openings and Marvel tried to tale advantage of that?

Also there was that shit they pulled for Blackest Night, for every 15 ripped Blackest Night covers comic retailers sent to Marvel they would give them an exclusive Deadpool variant comic.

Granted those comics were already paid for and dC wouldn't lose any profits but in the long run a lot of Comic retailers knew it was a shitty deal for them and it was very poor thing to do on Marvel's part.
>>
>>83053771
>Ewing
>Ellis
>no good writers

Aight.
>>
>>83053858
What's Ellis doing at Marvel?
>>
>>83053771
You could say different reasons, marvel is more progressive, marvel has better movies, marvel characters are more iconic, ect... but we would never agree in one option
>>
File: cheerleading waifu.gif (2MB, 486x490px) Image search: [Google]
cheerleading waifu.gif
2MB, 486x490px
>reminder that you have no idea what the announcement actually is
>>
>>83053698
Well un that case Rebirth sounds like the better deal.
>>
>>83053903
Karnak. It's p dope.
>>
>>83053911
Probably everything in hopes people will take a break from discussing the Wally and Watchmen parts of Rebirth to focus on them
>>
>>83053903
Karnak
>>
>>83053932
I'll have to check that shit out, because I love me some Ellis.
>>
>>83053911

Some bullcrap about making somebody black or a woman or something.
>>
File: It's on fire.png (175KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
It's on fire.png
175KB, 480x368px
>>83053771
>>83053917
Sometimes I wonder why the fuck I even come to /co/.
>>
>>83053808
Oh yeah and I am sure they will buy their books just like how they bought Angela and made it ine of the best selling Marvel books and why it's getting a relaunch.
>>
>>83053958
It's taking them fucking forever to pump this book out with all of its delays, but it's worth it, writing it good and the art fits the tone perfectly, eagerly waitting for a tradeback.
>>
I want DC to be better, just don't enjoy anything from them right now, maybe the new books will be good. Marvel has a couple decent books in Karnak, Vision, Ultimates, maybe Moon Knight.
>>
>>83053996
Watching children cry about bias while being bias kills the last few minutes of the day.
>>
>>83053911
Dead No More or Death of X are the only things worth pushing up. Every other brand has been mined already or isn't big enough.

But even then I don't know if anything beats Watchmen. People aren't going to talk that much about it.
>>
>>83054032
This
>>
>>83053496
Marvel literally has nothing good
>>
>>83054070
Weisman and Johns co created him to be bi
>>
>>83054070
he was bi like he was created as not retconned gay
>>
>>83054070
This is on Par with making Bobby gay for no actual reason
>>
Partner with Titan comics for a Doctor Strange and Doctor Who crossover limited series before Dr Strange movie
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10287119

POLL TIME!!!!!!
>>
>>83054070
Is weird to see gay niggas in the sea
>>
>>83054098
It's not though
>>
>>83054070
An Aqualad that's not Kaldur and has had lottle to no personality in the comics since he debuted.

Not comparable to making Alan Scott gay out of nowhere, that shit was dumb
>>
File: land of the free.jpg (294KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
land of the free.jpg
294KB, 582x600px
>>83054070
He can now suck Doc Manhattan's BIG BLUE COCK.
>>
>>83054032
Hey man, New Avengers and Contest of Champions are great, too.
>>
>>83054151
Alan was made gay to replace his gay son who got erased due to the reboot. Not really out of nowhere, but I can see not liking that logic.
>>
>>83054120
Why? You don't see men in the sea all the time?
>>
File: smugmusement overdrive.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
smugmusement overdrive.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>83054070
>Someone gives a shit about Aqualad in any way, shape or form outside of taking up a spot on a team
>Comics Aqualad, at that
>>
>>83054151

Jackson Hyde and Kaldur were always meant to be the same character though. They were always meant to have the same powers, same origin, same personality, same sexuality. The only difference is one was raised on land and the other on sea, and we actually got to see one do shit.
>>
>>83052564
DC is a company of people who make and love comics. Marvel is a company of people who make movie pitches and tweet about hating DC.
>>
>>83054222
but i normally see gay niggas in space no in the sea
>>
>>83054261
>DC is a company of people who make and love comics. Marvel is a company of people who make movie pitches and tweet about hating DC.

lmao
>>
File: 75437464.png (166KB, 339x339px) Image search: [Google]
75437464.png
166KB, 339x339px
>>83054261
>tfw Marvel has Al Ewing writing three great books right now and DCfans can only bitch on the internet
>>
>>83054261
Stop being a fucking idiot. Both companies are in it for the fucking money. They're both businesses that have investors to make happy. The bottom line is all that matters and always has. The bottom line is what matters and always has. They aren't some indie companies. Don't fool yourself.
>>
>>83052752
Not only that, but Disney has a whole slew of websites and shills trolling 24/7 to shittalk every move DC makes.

Marvel is the Sony of comics.
>>
>>83054258
They also had different personalities but then again we hardly knew Jackson.

But bith might as well had been different characters and in a way they were.
>>
>>83052103
Why? The idea is wonderful, it fits perfectly and I mean it...
>>
>>83054070
He's bi, you fuck. As he was always intended to be. Stop falseflagging.
>>
Thunderbolts movie announcement
>>
>"being better at business is bad!"
- /co/
>>
>>83054342
I love Ultimates and Contest but NA is a hit and miss
>>
>>83054354
>Not only that, but Disney has a whole slew of websites and shills trolling 24/7 to shittalk every move DC makes.

DC did a perfectly fine job of making GL, MoS, and BvS hated all on their own.
Weird how Suicide Squad has a general positive buzz though
>>
>>83054406
Have another one my nigga, godspeed.
>>
>>83054421
I mean, the first two or three were pretty rough, but since it got on track I've been consistently loving it.
>>
File: 1442009173743.gif (1MB, 299x199px) Image search: [Google]
1442009173743.gif
1MB, 299x199px
>>83054403
Fucking this
>>
>>83052752
>It's the same shortsighted industry harming shit Marvel is famous for.

You seem to think Marvel cares about the industry. History has shown that has never been the case. They try their best to leech as much cash as they can out of comics before they crash the industry, then struggle until the next moneymaking scam comes along.

This time Disney will keep them afloat so they don't have to fear bankruptcy.
>>
>>83054450
>Weird how Suicide Squad has a general positive buzz though

It's almost like the notion Marvel is paying people is a fucking wacked conspiracy
>>
>>83054403
It's clearly a comics announcement. Diamond is in the quote in the OP.
>>
>>83054505
Bi = gay
>>
>>83052779
lol but bro it was a reboot because DC always reboots rite? My MCU blogs told me so xD
>>
>>83051484
Wanna troll Brevoort's blog, ask him about Rebirth or make an innocent question about the Marvel universe and use the 616 designation.
>>
>>83054450

We're not talking about movies. With movies it's pretty much total bullshit.

There is however a clear bias for actual comic journalism that can be easily tracked most of the time.

Like The Mary fucking Sue running a smear piece that claims the diversity of DCYou was "trying to hard"

Or books like We Are Robin, Doctor Fate, and Midnighter not being really all that heavily pushed for their diversity by sites that were non-stop talking about how cool it was that Hulk was Asian and that Wolverine was a woman.
>>
>>83054558
>make an innocent question about the Marvel universe and use the 616 designation.
do this
>>
Good Marvel books rn
>Karnak
>Moon Knight
>Contest of Champions
>New Avengers
>Ultimates
DC
>Lucifer

Which Rebirth books are gonna fix this disparity? Wonder Woman seems like most promising.
>>
>>83054077
Obviously bait but that's horse cock and you know it
>>
>>83052638
But DC has been great for years? Marvel drones aren't going to read DC no matter what so listing to their opinions is retarded.
>>
>>83054508

I don't think Marvel cares about the industry don't you worry friend.

I've seen them teeter on bankruptcy and still make the same mistakes enough time.

It just makes me so fucking angry.
>>
>>83054558
>make an innocent question about the Marvel universe and use the 616 designation

at this point he might recognize that as a troll
>>
>>83054627
I might be in the wrong here, but I'd add Carnage to that list.
>>
>>83054558
I've done the second one twice and he has replied to both questions while telling me it's not the 616 anymore, so it really does bother him.
>>
>tfw Thor is great whenever Thor isn't around

What's good, Jace?
>>
>>83053111
Marvel really are the most toxic entity in comics.
>>
>>83054673
If it bothers him he will answer them, that I can assure you.
>>
File: 1461117194943.jpg (102KB, 533x452px) Image search: [Google]
1461117194943.jpg
102KB, 533x452px
>>83054627

>Grayson
>Omega Men
>Midnighter
>Robin, Son of Batman
>Hellblazer
>Martian Manhunter
>Gotham Academy
>Legend of Wonder Woman
>Supergirl TV Tie-in
>Not Good
>>
File: 1460197277295.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1460197277295.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>83054261
>DC is a company of people who make and love comics. Marvel is a company of people who make movie pitches and tweet about hating DC.
>>
>>83054781
He probably hasn't read them.
>>
>>83052964
>muh star wars
>>
>>83054781

And all but 2 are cancelled
>>
>>83054781
I mean, yeah. They're pretty middling in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>83053541
He means the numbering, I think.
>>
>>83054781
>Grayson
>good
>>
>>83054907
Hellblazer, Gotham Academy, and LoWW are all getting relaunched/sequels. Grayson is debatable; Seeley is still writing Dick.
>>
>>83054261
Both are duck ups but the difference is that Marvel can afford to be shit as they are riding on the popularity of tje MCU while DC has to reinvent itself and struggle to be relevant.

That said DC manged to snatch up King from Marvel and bring back Rucka and Priest so they have that on their favor, don't know why theu got Humphries but if they can get something good out of him then more power to them.
>>
>>83054781
Tom King makes the GoT of comics. It's pretty embarrassing watching anyone admit to liking either.
>>
I'm sure I read somewhere that it's common knowledge that some big wig at Disney/Marvel hates DC and literally wants to run them out of business.

Anyone remind me of the name?
>>
>>83054907

If you're going by that criteria then we haven't read anything DC is "currently publishing"
>>
>>83055013
Quesada

And he's butthurt that DC cancelled Azrael or something equally stupid.
>>
>>83054032
You just have shit taste
>>
>>83054977

I forgot Hellblazer was getting a relaunch
>>
>Marvel Now
>All-New Marvel Now
>All-New All-Different Marvel

Assuming that they try to tap into the "Rebirth" branding, what would Marvel go with?
>>
>>83053348
I was curious, so I went back to Feb 2016 to see how Marvel superhero books performed vs. DC superhero books. April had Black Panther which was a gigantic release so that would throw things off, and March had DC books get extra orders at #50. I didn't count Star Wars or Vertigo; and no reprints, reorders, or licensed books (I fudged this a bit and counted crossovers and stuff like Injustice for DC).

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-02.html

Marvel: 2,477,126

DC: 1,791,446

Difference: Marvel +685680
>>
>>83051579
>Blade and Gamora
Are those still totally for real happening? They seem like they'll actually see the light of day when Genndy's Luke Cage book does.
>>
>>83055087
Marvel Reignited
Marvel Reinvented
Marvel Rebirth
>>
>>83053825
>Wasn't DC going to have midnight openings and Marvel tried to tale advantage of that?

Yes and that was a stupid idea because what Marvel was offering wasn't really big but it did give people more incentive to go and experience DC's big show
>>
>>83055090
b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Star Wars
b-b-b-b-but it's only a matter of time
>>
>>83055002
Whay are you on about?

>>83055013
Joe Quesada, he is butthurt with DC apparently they cancelled his Azrael comic and that began his hate for them.

He also managed to destroy whatever little was left of Marvel and DC's relationship, thanks to him no more Marvel vs DC crossovers, no more Marvel vs DC friendly softball matches at San Diego, Johns and Bendis stopped doing panels together, coupled with him taking people who were fucked over by Haras like Waid and Quesada shit talking DC and pissing them off, yeah he destroyed everything.
>>
File: 1435756603637.png (129KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1435756603637.png
129KB, 235x235px
>>83055222
What was difficult for you there?
>>
>>83055126
Blade is dead, Gamora is still happening according to Brevoort but the writer is busy with the Captain Marvel movie script since that is priority.
>>
>>83055087
Marvel Renewed
>>
>>83053858
>Ellis
>good
*tips Fedora*
>>
>>83054450

its a /tvirgin/ trying to talk about something they clearly don't understand episode so they have to bring the movies.
>>
>>83052154
>X-fags
>not big 2 fags in general
We've literally been seeing it all weekend with the Rebirth leaks, we saw it all throughout Secret Wars, every fucking month man
>>
>>83055184
It's kind of clever knowing the Watchmen spoiler now
>>
>>83055270
How can his art be so good on Thor and Loki: Blood Brother and Thor but so shit on Secret Wars?
>>
>>83055158
>>83055302
Marvel Reborn
Marvel Born Again
Marvel New-Born All-Again
>>
I guess Marvel is going to relaunch again and all it's books will be $4.99
>>
>>83054032
Do you not read DC or something, dude?
>>
>>83055410
Marvel: Damage Control
>>
>>83055410
Marvel Phoenix
>>
>>83054579
>Like The Mary fucking Sue running a smear piece that claims the diversity of DCYou was "trying to hard"

Oh my god, this!

Those idiots and comcis alliance were ''DC pretends to care about diversity!!!! They talk about DC YOU but they don't bring up the fact that the books are being done by minorities!!!!''

Meanwhile Marvel has a Hip Hop variants month while not having a single black person writing or drawing comics. And of course they got a free pass.

Tl;DR

DC makes diverse books with a diverse creative team? Bad.

Marvel pats itself on the back about loving black culture without having black employees? Totally fine!
>>
File: 1435755421759.jpg (325KB, 895x1375px) Image search: [Google]
1435755421759.jpg
325KB, 895x1375px
>>83055393
I liked it, for the most part.
>>
>>83055386

I'd say lucky
>>
>>83055410
>Marvel New born

lol
>>
If it's not a Hank Pym book they're dead to me.
>>
>>83054342
>ultimates
>good
>>
>>83055222
>>83055270

He is on nothing, he says that GoT is a bad show because /tv/ hates things that are popular and this guy being a /tvirgin/ can only talk in memes
>>
>>83055471

marvel got a good bit of shit for those hip hop covers they just don't have horrible pr like dc
>>
>>83055471
>without having black employees?

DCIDF being wrong, what a surprise.
>>
>>83055087
>Marvel Renewed
>Marvel Redone
>Marvel Reeeeeeeeeeeee normies buy our comics
>>
>>83054350
And yet somehow Disney consistently makes garbage and DC is able to make money while making good comics.
>>
>>83055570
>being this ignorant

he was hired way after the covers were announced
>>
>>83055534
Why the fuck do you think announcing a Pym book would in anyway be something to counter all the Rebirth talk?
>>
>>83055570

EmploteeS as in many.

Having 2 or 3 and NONE doing a big book is not something to be proud about, let alone giving yourself a PC thumbs up
>>
>>83055471

When Marvel only had two female lead books, compared to DC's four or five at the time, many sites were running articles about DC not having enough books starring female heroes.

The movie shit is 100% /tv/ conspiracy bullshit but when it comes to comics themselves the bias is really clear.
>>
File: 1437182300793.jpg (42KB, 492x343px) Image search: [Google]
1437182300793.jpg
42KB, 492x343px
>>83055553
>Oh, damn, it's a "/co/ accuses someone of going to /tv/ when he never does and then also suggests that the only way someone wouldn't like their shit show is contrarianism episode".

I'm laughing in real life
>>
>>83054450
>b...but muh movies
Surprise surprise Mouseketeers are only capable of thinking about movies. Must suck to have no comics to talk about 2baht familia
>>
DC gives you what you need.
Marvel gives you what you want.
Oh, mama, can this really be the end,
To be stuck inside my bedroom with these comic books again?
>>
>>83055682
/co/ would like to have a word with the second statement
>>
>>83051921
>Projecting
>>
>>83052879

Badly but Marvel have done a fantastic job of hiding that fact. Star Wars sells incredibly well but the real figure is coming from the constant 1# release cycle where they have at least 5 new books coming out a month with extortionate variant incentives pushing up the orders.
>>
>>83055698
>implying /co/ doesn't want to be perpetually angered
>>
>>83055682

Thanks for the new edit
>>
>>83055665
>I'm laughing in real life

Yeah, I can hear your fat flapping all the way over here.

And you clearly are a /tvirgin/, people on /co/ talking about comic books don't go '' Wow, this is the Glee of comics! That bad!''

Let alone saying ''lol, this is as bad as that one show that people really like.''

2/10, you gotta apply yourself.
>>
>>83052019

Yes please.
>>
>>83055698
Fair enough. I just didn't want to put much effort into rewriting the lines.

Though it does stand that Marvel give normies what they want, like the hip-hop covers, endless events, movies with hot guys under questionable multi-picture contracts, et cetera.

>>83055766
It's the worst one yet, but you're welcome.
On the other hand, now I know what it's like to work on something and not be able to have fun with it. It's kind of zen.
>>
>>83054627
>it's a Disneykid doesn't read comics episode
>>
>>83051484
>Marvel is run by literal children
Never would've thought.
>>
>>83055751
Don't forget the crossovers

Happening conveniently after the first arc and right before the big event tie ins
>>
>>83054636
Uh, is it? Sorry, but Gwenpool and Squirrel Girl are not good.
>>
>>83055270
I don't understand what you were trying to say with King writing the GoT of comics, I am unfamiliar with GoT believe it or not so I have no clue other than you saying or implying that both are bad and gory (is that it?) but I don't get the why, how is Omega Men like Game of Thrones?
>>
>>83055901
They're both shit.
>>
File: 380672.gif (2MB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
380672.gif
2MB, 245x180px
>>83055771
I was drawing a comparison between two things that appeal to plebs as being good, but are really hollow. GoT was the most obvious comparison that captured the particular relationship the fans have to the property.

Or maybe it's all a conspiracy. Who knows.
>>
>>83054663
With any luck once they tank the movie industry Disney will bury them in the Disney vaults.
>>
>>83051484
>Even a tease given to Diamond that suggested Marvel would be having its own new roster of comic titles for the autumn
jesus christ how many fucking books can they publish? or are we getting yet another relaunch
>>
>OP butt-blasted about their disappointing comics universe and writing fiascos in DC shows

I'm sure it'll get better, anon. No need to tear people down.
>>
>>83055890
I thought you were implying out of all the comics Marvel's published ever

Regardless, Ultimates is okay and Uncanny Avengers is pretty good. Not a big fan of anything else they're putting out right now though.
>>
>>83052502
>This time.....it's personal.
>>
>>83055222
Quesadilla is legitimately shit. Has he ever made anything good?
>>
>>83055760
Seeing how Angela and Hellcat get more threads than actual good comics and most of those threads are just /co/ being angry I have to agree.
>>
>>83055372
>it's a Disneyfriend calling DC fans abused
>this projecting

Rebirth is GOAT. How's civil war 2 looking?
>>
>>83055471
MarySue has always been shit. A lot of their core base is leaving the site because those idiots think they can actually charge money for their awful blog, which is mostly just reposts and some opinion columns.
>>
>>83056078
Marvel is the publisher /co/ needs and deserves
>>
>>83055951

Both DC and Marvel need to be at full health for the industry to survive.

It's why Disney and Marvel get no where trying to tank their comics. It's going to fuck them over when comic shops can't pay the bills.

The state of the industry is reliant on the two staying strong.

>>83055972

>Retailers say that ANAD confused the new readership Marvel brought on.
>Retailers say that Marvel's constant events and non-stop resets to number 1 are hurting them
>Retailers complain about confusing variant ordering systems.

Maybe Marvel you should listen to the retailers. You know. Might be a nice thing to do.
>>
>>83053911
Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be retarded. Maybe not quite "Batman and Rorschach are going to be butt-buddies" levels of retarded, but no announcement from a comic publisher in the past 30 years has ever been good.
>>
>>83055471
Black people have always preferred Marvel and women don't read comics. Marvel doesn't make comics so they're easy for women to digest.
>>
>>83055939
Plebs don't even read Omega Men it's a comic with a small following that managed to get it saved from being axed in like 6 issues and extended it to 12.

I also don't see how it is like GoT
>>
Marvel just announce the August solicitations, that means Death of X and Dead no more will be in September.
>>
>>83056231
But that's where we would disagree, Omega Men fans are the interstitial plebs, in the liminal space between child and adult.
>>
>>83055682
DC gives you what you need and want.

Marvel gives you movie pitches and focus groups and things intended to make controversy
>>
>>83056100

You're implying any Marvel fans liked or wanted CW2.
>>
>>83056100
So far it's meh, dull and inoffensive but we just have to wait, Bendis will fuck it up.
>>
>>83056319

>implying both companies don't do the exact same shit

God, you company wars children are great to watch in action.

They're both the exact same thing, and attract the same annoying fanbases.
>>
>>83055751
Don't forget that Marvel books are $1 or $2 more expensive than the average DC book
>>
>>83056308
Why?
>>
>>83055665
Comic fans don't read Marvel
>>
>>83056427
>Marvel books are $1 or $2 more expensive than the average DC book
That's only a point if you ignore the fact that most of the ReBirth titles are double shipping.
>>
>>83053265
>Gamora has the benefit of being written by someone who knows their Marvel Cosmic
So did Guardians of Infinity and it Bombed. BAD.
>>
>>83056308
Wew lad, /tv/
>>
>>83056308

Have you actually read Omega Men?

It's an amazingly well crafted comic that makes great use of both visual and storytelling. It also uses strong and well placed allegories without feeling heavyhanded and preachy.
>>
>>83056364
That's about standard for Marvel events though.
>>
>>83055222
>no more Marvel vs DC friendly softball matches at San Diego
How exactly would that work given that Marvel is still based in NYC?
>>
>>83056447
They think, because they can now identify some books as being pleb bait, that therefore this book they like his pleb bullshit.

And yet, it still is. Marginally less pleb, but pleb nonetheless.
>>
>>83056539
$6 for two issues is still pretty good
>>
>>83056539

Rebirth books are double shipping to feed where the market is actually showing growth faster though. It's all about pushing Trades out so they can release 3-4 a year.

Most of DC's books were 2.99 to begin with anyway. All doubleshipping did was cut back on titles.
>>
>>83056624

>At San Diego
>In New York.
>>
>>83056624
Do you know what happens at San Diego?
>>
>>83056575
But it's not got a red rectangle on it so it sux

Disneyfriends and /tv/ will shittalk anything associated with DC. They don't care about logic.
>>
>>83056447

He is a /tvtard/ anon, he doesn't even know what Omega Men is.

Like how the fuck such a obscure title is going to be considered for plebs?

In no way, he is just a contrarian.

We all know that /co/ has shit taste but it usually involves comedy or waifus while ignoring the rest
>>
>>83056737

Like see here >>83056626 ? two posts in a row and not a single opinion given
>>
>>83056319
>implying Watchmen inclusion isn't intended to make controversy
>>
>>83056628

and only a few books are doing the double shipping I bet.
>>
>>83056539
And marvel double ships shit like Hickman's Avengers, Deadpool, and other shit at 3.99 no problem

$6 for 40 pages of reading material is better than $8 dollars and 40 pages of reading material and $4 for 20-22 pages of reading material
>>
>>83056818
Watchmen being blamed for comics being shit has been common knowledge for a decade.
>>
>>83056845

Basically what's double shipping are books that sell strongly as trades.

Rebirth is all about increasing trade output for the big characters like Batman, Superman, and Flash, while also increasing the smaller characters that sell strongly in TPB like Deathstroke and Dick Grayson.
>>
>>83056818
B-b-but muh cereal king wouldn't do that. He's pure

When did Johns fans get so annoying? They're reaching Morrison fan tier

>>83056845
Of the 31 books, 17 are double shipping
>>
>>83056934
It's also about the fact like two issues of Batman will sell better than all of Omega Men and Midnighter combined
>>
File: bluedmyself.jpg (54KB, 386x386px) Image search: [Google]
bluedmyself.jpg
54KB, 386x386px
Daily reminder that buyfags are the real problem, and that we can't cleanse this industry while they live.
>>
>>83056957
>Disneyfriends hate Morrison
Holy shit it's like they're proud of their bad taste
>>
My guess:

1. Star Was VS Marvel Universe in a throwaway mini-series written by Bendis. Also, they will make a huge deal that the mini-seires won't be canon Star Wars-wise/Marvel-wise.

2. X-Men vs Inhumans finally gets the trigger pulled as far as it coming immediately after Civil War II. Marvel will announce it with them flat out APOLOGIZING for shitting on the X-Men and that it will lead to the Inhumans going away for good from the Marvel Universe and the restoration of the X-Men as major movers and shakers in the Marvel Universe. They'll probably also toss in the elimination of the Timeloss OG X-Men into the mix too along with exiling all of the main Inhumans from usage and do some major fucking retconning/asspulling to redeem Scott and restore him to his early 80s era Boy Scout persona, so as to make him commercially viable and maybe even restore his marriage to Maddie Pryor too, for added pandering to X-Fags who began the "We hate Scott" hate train after Scott dumped Maddie.

3. Miracleman: Apocrypha 2.0: Anthology series with Bendis, Aaron, Millar, etc writing one-off Miracleman stories that are not part of the official Moore/Gaiman canon.

4. The restoration of the Spider-Man marriage. Because outside promising to push the fuck out of the X-Men and burying the Inhumans to the point of banning ANYONE from using the Royal Inhuman family again, that is the only fucking card left in their arsenal. Especially after they pulled their bullshit by restoring Steve and bringing Thor back, but refusing to fridge Falcon and Whor, forcing Thor and Cap to continue to play second string to their SJW replacements
>>
>>83057162
>do some major fucking retconning/asspulling to redeem Scott and restore him to his early 80s era Boy Scout persona, so as to make him commercially viable and maybe even restore his marriage to Maddie Pryor too, for added pandering to X-Fags who began the "We hate Scott" hate train after Scott dumped Maddie.

That would just make things WORSE.

Let's face it, Scott as a loveable bastard surpemacist with an evil dominatrix GF is the thing people want. Only 40 year old virgins who jerk off to the Inferno give a fuck about Maddie Pryor. Emma is the one fans want, or at least the fans that Marvel needs to pander to
>>
>>83052211
That's what makes it extra sad. They're that threatened by a company half their size.
>>
>>83057162
>arvel will announce it with them flat out APOLOGIZING for shitting on the X-Men and that it will lead to the Inhumans going away for good from the Marvel Universe and the restoration of the X-Men as major movers and shakers in the Marvel Universe.

This will never ever happen.
>>
>>83057162
>1
I doubt it, I have the feeling this is too big to not be leaked.
>2
I don't read X shit but isn't there a Death of X-Men thing coming? Would be my vote if not for that detail.
>3
Nobody cares. Well, I do, but in the grander scheme of things nobody cares.
>4
Same deal with a crossover already announced, but I could see it happen.
>>
>>83057162
>X-Men vs Inhumans finally gets the trigger pulled as far as it coming immediately after Civil War II. Marvel will announce it with them flat out APOLOGIZING for shitting on the X-Men and that it will lead to the Inhumans going away for good from the Marvel Universe and the restoration of the X-Men as major movers and shakers in the Marvel Universe
nice wishful thinking
>>
>>83057162
>redeem Scott and restore him to his early 80s era Boy Scout persona, so as to make him commercially viable and maybe even restore his marriage to Maddie Pryor too, for added pandering to X-Fags who began the "We hate Scott" hate train after Scott dumped Maddie.

Who would want this?
>>
>>83053825
>for every 15 ripped Blackest Night covers comic retailers sent to Marvel they would give them an exclusive Deadpool variant comic.
Jesus, the fuck is wrong with the heads at Marvel...
>>
>>83053502

They wont but Batman will come close. Bt you shouldn't read to much into that Civil War 1 will have a shit load of variants ramming up the order number. Half the the ordered Civil War 1 books will end up in bargain bins
>>
>>83057241
>>83057376
>people acting surprised at ruthless businesses practices by the Big Two

DC did it first, when they were #1, read up on your comic history. Fawcett, CCA, etc.

Now that Marvel is #1, they do it, and so it will continue.
>>
>>83057472
retailers need to revolt on the incentive variants eventually, it's such an obviously bad practice
>>
>>83057162
Marvel hates Scott so if anything they'd bring him back to make him the villain. They are also intentionally tanking X-men and death of X is almost certainly getting rid of all X-men books. If Inhumans X-men happens then it will just be wiping out the last X-men besides Wolverine.
>>
>>83057376
>/co/ forgetting Marvel and DC are businesses
Companies don't get to be successful by playing nice to their competition and giving a leg up to the little guy. It's done by shitting on everything else. That's it.

If someone went up to whoever's the current publisher of Dark Horse and told them
>all you need to do to be the #1 publisher is kill a hundred babies
they fucking would. Period. These are companies that need to report to people above them and their stock holders. There's nothing innocent about them.
>>
>>83057490
You misunderstand, I'm not saying it's ruthless, I'm calling Marvel pussies.
>>
>>83057529
Lots of retailers are collectors themselves, and lots of them also make money by reselling variants, this helps them keep things running.

Retailers are not level headed people.
>>
>>83057235
Yeah, I love Scott but Maddie is just Jean and Jean is fucking evil. At least Emma is less shit
>>
>>83057376
Marvel are childish cocksuckers. DC is too concerned with art to disrespect people, but Marvel puts money first.
>>
>>83057629
(You)

Can I get one back, brother?
>>
@83057649
No
>>
>>83057354
Basically taking the Hank Pym approach and fixing the moment when Scott became irreversibly damaged.

Scott didn't become toxic until X-Factor happened. Fans liked him and Maddie and took Maddie's side in the split.

>>83057334
Rebirth is all about DC kissing fanboy ass.

They'll NEVER apologize for One More Day, but shitting on X-Fans is something they will own up to since unlike Spider-Man (which collapsed saleswise after OMD), X-Men sales have remained strong across the board no matter what.

They can afford to lose face and eat shit with X-Fans whereas they have invested far far far far far far far too much into telling people who have declared war on Marvel over OMD, that they were right all along.
>>
>>83057241

DC publishes better comics more consistently.

Most of the go-to comic stories are DC.

When people suggest comics to people more often than not you hear books like Watchmen, TDKR, Kingdom Come, New Frontier, Sandman, or All-Star Superman. Just to name a few.

DC tends to find new writers that make them big sellers too. It's why every writer DC finds has to be ripped away fast. Because they don't want DC churning out another name-selling author like they did in droves during the British Invasion, Johns, or recently with Snyder (Love him or hate him Batman never dipped belong 100,000 when he was writing it. That's a big feat.)

A lot of writers also do not sell the way they did at DC when under Marvel. Waid's quality aside he's not the big draw he was when at DC. Nor were Rucka, and Dixon at Marvel. One could argue Brubaker and Busiek are to some degree but their DC stuff is often held in higher regard by fans.

Marvel currently publishes books that are popular in the now, but are rarely remembered in the long haul. Especially not the stuff being published right now.

DC's a huge threat and the only thing really holding them back was the fact that WB itself was totally inept at handling their properties outside of comics, and the fact that the reboot instantly turned both readers and non-readers away by principle. Also due to WB/Time Warner as a whole operating like a clusterfuck they really don't have the press-backing power Marvel has right now with the tight-ship Disney.
>>
>>83057599
Emma's evil not Jean/Maddie.

Emma's a royal cunt and Fraction/Brubaker/Gillen/Aaron had to make Scott an evil shit to make Emma REMOTELY sympathetic (see what happened to Beast and his falling out with Scott; Scott WILLINGLY SANCTIONED letting Hank be tortured and would have LEFT HIM TO DIE whereas Emma started working freed him ASAP the moment she found out he was being tortured).
>>
Marvel is cancer
>>
>>83057735
But Marvel has never apologized. They've never backed down from a bad idea. If anything they double down.
>>
>>83057556
Disagree. If anything, I can see Death of X getting scrapped and retooled as "Death of the Inhumans" and it ending with Black Bolt Medusa, etc all being killed off after they make one last ditch effort to kill the X-Men and forcibly turn every human being into an Inhuman via terrigan mist/some "No More Mutant" bullshit where every non-Royal inhuman is turned human to exterminate the Inhuman species and Ms Marvel magically turning out to be a mutant all along so that she survives the whole genocide
>>
>>83057851

Marvel didn't even apologize for crashing the industry.

What makes you think they'll apologize for being mean to X-fags?

X-Fags do this shit to themselves because they buy the shit they're given.
>>
>>83052752
>Quesada has always been outright ruthless and petty with this shit
Why the fuck do people talk about Quesada as if he has any power? The guy's been done with the comic side of things for years and he basically just acts as a spokesman and probably helping to run ideas back and forth between the comics and other branches or whatever. And even then he seems to be losing the spokesman role to Sana Amanat who's probably going to wind up as EIC after Alonso anyway unless DC or Image poach her or something since pretty muslim woman earns them shitloads of progressive points; way more than a fat white Cuban.
>>
>>83055592
Has DC or Marvel made anything worth reading since 2008? If they have I haven't noticed.
>>
>>83057795
This is all true. Also note that good writers almost always favor DC, while Marvel has a stable of really bad ones in control.

And you're right, Marvel books are rarely remembered. Marvel books are largely focused on short term sales boosts, like events or crossovers, while DC has stories. It's why DC does so well in trades
>>
>>83057914
and what do you suggest we do ?

>BUY X-MEN AND MARVEL WILL CONTINUE TO THINK THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING GREAT

>DONT BUY X-MEN AND YOU ARE GIVING A REASON TO MARVEL TO AXE X-MEN

there is no win
>>
>>83057800
Emma's evil but she's not bad. Jean is good but she's a bad person.
>>
>>83058051
Time lost Jean is the evil one. Normal Jean is good.
>>
>>83057893
Marvel never backs down. They would never cancel an event, especially if it would piss people off. They also absolutely hate mutants and will until Disney is able to snatch the rights back
>>
>>83058022

Marvel axing X-Men is the win.

It's letting the franchise die with a bit of dignity.

Also by not buying Inhumans either you're showing them you want their new pets to fuck off.

Everyone wins.
>>
>>83057964
...are we counting Vertigo? Because it doesn't matter either way.
>>
>>83058115
The only time I ever found myself rooting for Jean was in the two Cyclops and Phoenix minis. Those were pretty fucking good.
>>
>>83057964
DC makes tons of stuff, retard. If you read comics you'd know that.
>>
>>83058115
Jean is a bad person. She's always trying to cuck Scott for Wolverine.
>>
>>83058148
Offing the Inhumans would make for a better storyline though. And a bigger splashier event to get people to buy another crossover after CW 2 shits the bed.
>>
>>83058158
Seriously. The only cape book I've read in the last 5 years has been Invincible, and even it's lost a good bit of its luster.
>>
>>83058148
People already dont buy inhumans, both Uncanny and all new inhumans are in the 20k mark.

But is not like that matter, marvel will wait until 2020 and put Bendis in the main inhuman book.

And I am really scare to think what would happen to marvel if they axe the x-men, they are part of pop culture and i doubt Fox would allow it.
>>
>>83058148
Well, everybody but X-men fans. It would make Marvel look like trash and DC fans would be able to laugh at them for the next decade.
>>
>>83058270
>i doubt Fox would allow it.
Fox has absolutely no power over what Marvel publishes.
>>
>>83057162
>4. The restoration of the Spider-Man marriage.
I need to recognize that this could rivalize a little bit with my real-Wally hype (BTW I consider myself a Barryfag).
The XvsInhu could be good too but not as good.
>>
>>83058191
Really? Because I really can't think of anything great since Sinestro's War or whatever that arc of Green Lantern was called.

Marvel and DC both had a TON of great books in the late 80's. Marvel dominated the early 90's. DC was great in the 00's. I just can't think of anything in the last 10 years or so that been all that great from either of them.
>>
>>83058270

Inhumans movie isn't happening so Bendis isn't going to shit out a book ever.

They were poorly received.

Honestly though while Fox has no power in this situation and they lose essentially nothing of Marvel stops publishing because no one really pays attention to comics.

The big thing that Fox gets fucked over on is the fact that Marvel pressures Hasbro and Lego into not doing toylines for the X-Men movies.
>>
>>83058240
I recommend Irredeemable and Deathmatch if you want some capeshit where shit gets cray cray in an occasionally stupid way

The most fun I've had with capes since 08 for sure
>>
>>83058365
holy shot you really don't read comics do you?
>>
>>83051484
Civil War III
Two More Days
>>
>>83058455
Not a lot recently, and I haven't read things as they come out since I was a kid, but I've read quite a bit. My collection of floppies from my childhood/teenage years would be taller then me if you stacked them up and my comics folder is over 300GB. I haven't read much recently because everything looks like shit, and when I give something a try it turns out that it is what it looks like.
>>
>>83058145
>They also absolutely hate mutants
So did everyone else until Marvel started cutting them out and then suddenly everyone loved muties.
>>
>>83055471
To be fair, some people complain about both.

The pro-Marvel bias seems to mostly centred around a few comics "journalism" sites with left-wing leanings. Because Marvel is really good at playing the comics "journalists" and DC isn't, these sites feel free to say anything they want about DC, while there are probably a lot more internal pressures to go easy on Marvel.

Look at the (relatively apolitical) Comic Book Resources, which has a column every Friday that is just Axel Alonso giving robotic, content-free plugs to various Marvel projects. Marvel knows how to use comics "journalism" sites to get free publicity and DC either can't or won't do the same. At least they seem to be a little better at it with Rebirth.

No one in the industry probably thinks much of these sites, I should add, even the ones at Marvel. (Tom Brevoort has repeatedly been dismissive of all online comics journalism, saying most of it isn't real journalism... which it isn't.)
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
MARVEL KEKS BUTT DEVASTATION
>b-b-but we have movies

Where were you Marvel comics were objectively proven infinitely more pathetic than DC and nothing but >>>/tv/ rejects?
>>
>>83058756
They've always been that way
>>
>>83057956
Does Amanat have any real power though? She's good at PR but other editors still outrank her in terms of the books they get (Wil Moss gets a lot of the big new books, like Black Panther, plus he generally seems to have the good books, like Vision).
>>
>>83059012

Yeah sure buddy. DC isn't going to beat Marvels floppy sales with Rebirth. They know that and they don't care. DC cares about trades now
>>
>>83059109
>thinking they don't give a fuck about floppies

Two issues of Batman will probably sell more than all of Omega Men and Midnighter combined
>>
>>83059012
Marvel sjw defense force hard at work.
>>
>>83059131

No you misunderstand me. They do care about floppies but not about beating Marvel. If they did they would do Marvels variant trick but there's none of that for Rebirth. I agree with you on Batman and Marvel won't hold half the market for much longer
>>
>>83051575
>Age of Civil Infinity War comic event announced
>>
>>83059247
Secret Wars II
>>
>>83059307
Secret Wars II happened back in the 80s
>>
>>83058746
DC seems more media-shy than Marvel. They had an editors' column at CBR for a while and they presumably could still have one if they wanted, but they really don't seem to like playing the press. A far cry from the way Stephen Wacker used to play the press and make trouble on message boards (he was a great editor but an online jerk).

How much this hurts them is unclear because frankly, most comics news sites deserve the contempt of being ignored. The Mary Sue and Comics Alliance can't actually do anything to their targets if their targets ignore them.
>>
>>83059247
The Guardians of Age of Civil Infinity War
>>
>Kill the x-men
>Star wars universe is accesible through a portal or time travelling
>Gwen pool cam acess the mickey mouse kingdom
>Civil war 3
>They travel to the mcu and meet their cinematic counterparts in a crossover
>They revert whor, blacktain america and the others to their original heros
>>
>>83059247
>starting next month true believers Marvel comics with replace their comic art with stills from your favorite films. See Evans as Captain America in movies and comics! Plus variant covers will be released with the iconic movie posters.
>>
>>83059458
Kek
>>
>>83059458
I'm surprised they haven't done this already.
>>
>>83059597
>entire threads of nothing but marvelfags crying in bitter jealousy of how great dc is
Need to get your image fixed kid.
>>
>>83057964
Dial H.
>>
>>83059581
Probably would save tons of money with artists. Plus likely easy since webcomics do it like Darths and Droids.
>>
>>83058746
Brevoort doesn't strike me as one of the DC trash-talkers anyway. Everything he's ever said about DC just indicates that he's a fan who doesn't like the New 52's jettisoning of history, and a lot of people feel that way (including, obviously, Geoff Johns).

The funny thing about the politicized anti-DC commentators, on the other hand, is that they bashed Rebirth as a way of catering to old fans, who by definition are straight and white and old... and it's bullshit, because there's no reason to believe, based on sales, that history is off-putting to new readers. Hearing about interesting shit the characters have done in the past is one of the things that traditionally gets new readers hooked.
>>
>>83059012

/tv/ shitposter talking when the adults are talking, how cute! He thins he knows big people's words!
>>
>>83059597

Can /tv/ fucking leave?

1. Everybody can tell when they are shitposting.
2.They don't even know what they are talking about so their shitposting is not even effectibe.

''muh evans laughing pic!'' get a life dude.
>>
File: 1459827473312.gif (2MB, 284x211px) Image search: [Google]
1459827473312.gif
2MB, 284x211px
>mfw I like Marvel and DC.
>>
>>83059932
To be fair, "too much history" is the biggest excuse normies give for not reading comics. That's why they'll praise shit like Watchmen but don't get what Watchmen is about. We've seen that they won't pick up ongoings anyway so it's a moot point.
>>
>>83051484
They have cloned Tom King and the clone isn't DC exclusive. Vision spinoffs for everyone!
>>
>>83059597
Disney's kicking into overdrive
>>
>>83059366
Yes, but this is a follow up to the new secret wars. Now DOOM must become acquainted with the life of lowly peasants
>>
>>83060144
Yeah but people who say "too much history" will say that about anyone with a long publication history, even if there's almost no continuity references. To people who haven't read it it seems daunting, but it doesn't matter how much history the book actually contains - they won't read it.

Some of these readers might bite for a new character without a lot of backstory, like Kamala. New characters actually can help find a new audience. But for obvious reasons they're very rare at the Big Two.

But no comic has ever been more popular than X-Men in the '80s and '90s, and new readers came to it all the time. They didn't understand everything but they understood enough to get hooked, and they picked up the rest as they went along. This is how soap operas tell stories.
>>
>>83060123
no you can't like both you idort
>>
>>83058867
Sure but EIC is such a useless position since it's the suits who run everything in reality that they'd easily promote her to that position based on PR alone.
>>
File: adventure_5_legion_cps_012.jpg (629KB, 1280x1994px) Image search: [Google]
adventure_5_legion_cps_012.jpg
629KB, 1280x1994px
>>83056957
Johns isn't the type of person to directly say someone is a hack, but he sure knows how to imply it.
>>
File: eddie-berganza.jpg (166KB, 530x340px) Image search: [Google]
eddie-berganza.jpg
166KB, 530x340px
>>83062399
For reference, this is what Eddie Berganza looks like.
>>
>>83062399
Geoff is too good for us, too pure
>>
>>83051484
Possibly new books that may replace lower-selling/cancelled titles such as Drax, Red Wolf, Vision, Contest of Champions, etc.

>>83055288
Afua Richardson is the new artist, but higher-ups are still unsure. Blade has no news since early April.

As for Gamora, it finally has an artist and release date (all unannounced) according to Axel Alonso, but since Perlman is still working on the Captain Marvel script I expect that comic will be a miniseries.

>>83055972
>jesus christ how many fucking books can they publish?
I think single-digit.

>>83061148
>but EIC is such a useless position
Same case today with DC.
>>
>>83051484
>all this overcompensating
Marvel are the manlets of the comic book world
>>
ITT: "If we can't have the better movies we'll still have the better comics!"

Rebirth is stealing the hype in the comic book world, unfortunately that really doesn't mean anything and never has, not when Marvel has stolen the hype, not when DC has stolen the hype before. Nu52 did the very same thing, had great opening sales, DC fans declared victory, that DC was saved, then it became a joke. In the end the quality of comic books between the Big Two never really changes or improves and these new initiatives do nothing to change that. People claim that Rebirth will save DC while before hand stating that DC doesn't needed saving, same with the Nu52.

Rebirth is a neat idea and I hope it does well, but fanboys are playing it up like some renaissance movement where quality will supersede all and dead comics will get a free pass no matter how they sell now. In the end, it's the same creative minds working on the comics, if a comic doesn't sell well, it dies again and ultimately nothing other than continuity has really changed.

All in all these threads are never anything more than: "Let me tell you why the comic books from this company that I read are better than the comic books from this company that I don't read!"

Stop trying to kid yourselves that these cosmetic initiatives are actually doing anything to remedy the problems of the Big Two.
>>
>>83063116
New 52 had good books. It's only problem was that the loss of history annoyed a lot of writers and fans.

The big two at this point have so little in common that comparing them is intellectually dishonest.
>>
>>83063231
> Let me tell you why the books I read are better than the books I don't read...

They both pump out loads of mediocrity, both have good books here and there and both partake of the same limiting business practices that were first embraced in the 90s and have become too dangerous or troublesome to abandon at this point.

Stop trying to kid yourself that DC or Marvel are actually doing anything significantly better or different than the other.
>>
>>83054411
>fueling company wars is good
>>
>>83054627
That's some shit taste you have here
>>
>>83063343
I'm sure that, since you don't read comics, you might feel like that. The fact remains though that Marvel is literally nothing like DC.
>>
File: 1462596985621.png (41KB, 732x606px) Image search: [Google]
1462596985621.png
41KB, 732x606px
>>83063343
edgy
>>
>>83063480
Right because he didn't give DC more books than Marvel. Quick, call him a Disney kid or Mouseketeer, that doesn't make DC fans look at all like embittered salty delusionals.

Maybe if you people could take a single contradictory opinion or statement with even the slightest bit of grace or maturity everyone would think you were all a bunch of assblasted babies reeling from the pain of BvS.
>>
>>83063586
That would be true if Marvel had any good books at all, Mouseketeer

>b...but muh movies
At least you have something to cling to since Marvel can't make comics, TV Shows, or cartoons.
>>
>>83063545
And I'm sure that since you don't read Marvel, you might feel like that. The fact remains though that Marvel is too much like DC for either of their benefit.

>>83063582
Nice ad hominem

That's right, keep calling people who don't agree with you that they don't read comics, that's how real discourse works you miserable cheerleader.
>>
Oh boy, it's a company war thread
>>
>>83063629
>arguing with the autistic DCIDF
It's a waste of time. They'll never agree that both publishers are somehow both the only thing keeping the medium alive, while simultaneously killing it. Which frankly, should die soon solely so they can finally clean house
>>
>>83063611
But if you don't read any Marvel books how would you know if any were good or not?

Seems like you're getting rather upset given the namecalling and nastiness. Maybe the truth isn't for you friend.
>>
>>83063629
>y..you called me a mean name!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc
>>
File: hellcat1.jpg (282KB, 777x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hellcat1.jpg
282KB, 777x1200px
>>83063673
>Hellcat
>Ms.Marvel
>Squirrel Girl
>Gwenpool
>Whor
>>
File: considerthefollowing.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
Hey guys,

Why doesn't Thor ever get the Dark Fantasy treatment?

With the popularity of Dark Souls, you expect an Asgardian story with the same tone and mythology. Marvel writers were never inspired by dark fantasy unlike the Japanese for some reason.

Why don't we ever get a Berserk-esque Thor comic?
>>
>>83063677
You're still dodging the point that you're the only one in this discussion who's been reduced to childish name calling and is now backpedaling to avoid offering any evidence to any of his prior claims. Your posting style is getting awfully recognizable in all these threads I see you in.

Why are you so afraid to have an actual discussion without resorting to name calling and company wars.
>>
>>83063673
If you never cut your dick off how would you know if it was a good idea or not?

You should give it a try.
>>
>>83063701
And this proves what? That Marvel has bad books too? Both DC and Marvel have bad books, mediocre books and good books. I don't see how listing off all the books that trigger your anti-tumblr rage really prove a point here.
>>
>>83063749
So you admit to not even reading Marvel books in the first place, meaning everything you've said up until this point has been entirely baseless.
>>
Male Thor returns to discover Kid Miracleman turned everyone in the Marvel Universe into a black genderqueer tranny.
>>
File: SQGIRL2015B001_Cover.jpg (415KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
SQGIRL2015B001_Cover.jpg
415KB, 900x1366px
>>83063771
>>
>>83063806
so is your argument that one book determines the quality of everything a publisher does? Do you actually believe this?
>>
File: cuck community.jpg (42KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
cuck community.jpg
42KB, 300x298px
>>83063832
>>
>>83063898
And I have no problem with that image. Do interracial relationships bother you?
>>
File: unsolicited opinions on israel.png (318KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
unsolicited opinions on israel.png
318KB, 500x509px
>>83063915
>>
>>83063936
Lol, I got a good laugh out of that, did you have a problem with it?
>>
File: four letter word.jpg (502KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
four letter word.jpg
502KB, 1600x1200px
>>83064049
>>
>>83064080
Not a fan of whor myself, but thankfully it's only one book.
>>
File: CZxCJ3VWQAM6uEC.jpg (58KB, 600x263px) Image search: [Google]
CZxCJ3VWQAM6uEC.jpg
58KB, 600x263px
>>83064126
>>
I really hope they aren't announcing more books.

It feels like they shit books out just to have them on the stands.
>>
>>83064220
What is the point of dumping all these random images? Do they bother you for some reason?
>>
File: tumblr_nm043i86f81rbidupo1_500.png (380KB, 451x463px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm043i86f81rbidupo1_500.png
380KB, 451x463px
>>
>>83064080
I haven't not-regretted dropping a book as much as that one in a while.
>>
>>83064250
Based Al-Ewing.
>>
So Autistic image dumper guy, is your argument that because of Whor and a handful of other tumblr placative titles, everything else in Marvel is just as bad even though you don't read any of their books, or are you literally saying these female audience targeted titles are the only books Marvel is publishing.

Either way it seems like you're argument is pretty thin and your behavior here, somewhat telling of your maturity and ability to appreciate or understand the comic book medium in question. In fact I'd go so far as to say that half the images you posted are most likely making fun of SJW identity politics culture rather than embracing them.
>>
>>83051484
I'd pray it's they reveal that they're bringing the F4 back into the mix.

But then I realize a group of all white, all blue eyed heroes, ain't gonna happen any time soon, even if Ben is jewish, and then the horrible memories of the psuedo-fantastic four groups we've had in the past and I just start screaming...
>>
File: dance off bro.gif (2MB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
dance off bro.gif
2MB, 500x600px
>>83064333

There's only one way to settle this
>>
>>83062399
Is it an open secret that after that panel, Superboy fucked Eddie?
>>
>>83064333
That is some high grade delusion and rationalization you got there, friend. Are you actually paid by Disney, or simply so invested in Marvel that you refuse to acknowledge what it has become under Disney's heel?
>>
>>83064413
Perhaps the question so be posed to you that are you actually some high grade delusional shill of Warner Bros or simply so invested in DC that you refuse to acknowledge what ihas become under Bugs Bunny's heel?

All you've done is cite a few panels, most of which from the same handful of books that trigger your tumblr senses but are in no way indicative of the general quality of Marvel books, which you've already admitted to not reading.

You've provided the poorest of circumstancial arguments possible and expect them to somehow hold water.
>>
File: 1463604724800.gif (812KB, 480x200px) Image search: [Google]
1463604724800.gif
812KB, 480x200px
>>83064395
I'd rather settle it with a PS2 cutscene showdown.
>>
>>83054744
Well, they were the reason for the market to collapse in the 90s. And they're going to do it again.
>>
File: reporter.gif (1MB, 323x236px) Image search: [Google]
reporter.gif
1MB, 323x236px
>reporter=Marvel
>guy in background = DC
>ball=Rebirth
>>
>>83064662
Both Marvel and DC had their hands in that mess and DC went bankrupt and was bought out by Warner Bros long before Marvel was bought out by Disney.
>>
>>83056683
whatever happens in San Diego, should stay in San Diego. Quesada ruined it
>>
>>83058756
The only good stuff from marvel was
classic FF
Spider-Man, until OMD,
X-men, until decimation
Avengers were never really good
Punisher was great, Ghost Rider was great
Gerber's Howard the Duck was great.
Thor was good mostly during Simonson's and Kirby's era.

Daredevil by Frank Miller

And that's it.
>>
>>83064768
They're missing you in the BvS thread.
>>
>>83064768
Miracleman and I've heard Squadron Supreme is good. I don't think I'd put Thor on there and I think Miller's DD is vastly overrated.
>>
>>83064768
>>83064829
Oh boy here we go.

Could you make it anymore obvious that you don't read Marvel comics?
>>
>>83064797
Prove me wrong. Also, I didn't watch BvS

>>83064829
Miracleman is not really marvel. They acquired rights to reprint it, but that's it. And we still don't have the ending to Gaiman's run.

Squadron Supreme by Gruenwald was okay. It's a love letter to comic books, but mostly die-hards will love it.
>>
>>83064844
Quite the opposite. I rarely read DC comics.
But it's going to change.
Currently I have a huge O'Neil stuff ready to read.
>>
>>83064797
>b..but muh movies...
>>
>>83064852
>Miracleman is not really marvel.
Yeah, it's really only there by technicality. It's still probably the best book in their stable.
>>
>>83064929
Too bad that it's mostly a reprint title, amirite?
This month we were supposed to get new chapters, but nope, complete silence. They still have 2 issues left to reprint. Fuck marvel
>>
>>83064852
X-Men Legacy
Current Moon Knight
Earth-X
Hickman's FF4
Brubaker's Cap
Loki Agent of Asgard
Al Ewings The Ultimates
etc
etc

Just because you're ignorant of the vast majority of good stuff that exist in both DC and Marvel doesn't mean you can just sum up one or the other in a small list.
>>
>>83064979
those fucking suck
>>
>>83064979
>low standards
>>
>>83064963
The reason given for the shelving of Miracleman The Silver Age is they want a "streamlined" schedule, meaning a continuous monthly schedule, and also probably Buckingham to complete all the issues.

The Dark Age has a chance to be published as an OGN in that situation.
>>
>>83064979
Don't forget

Jenkin's Sentry minis
Bendis' Ultimate Spiderman
Bendis' Daredevil
Current Carnage run
Current Vision run
Thor God of Thunder vol 1 & 2
Incredible Hercules
Current Hercules run
>>
>>83064979
Spurrier's Legacy was great, but I don't think it was a great as the classic stories. Earth-X is a huge no-no for me, after how many ideas from that were transferred to 616.

Hickman's F4 feels like written by a machine, rather than a human being. Brubaker's Cap is overrated. I get why people love it, but it's maybe because I never liked Captain Fuck Yeah Murrica.

Loki AoA sucks. The Ultimates and New Avengers are basically pandering, but this time for continuity nerds, who care more about random marvel trivia, than engaging stories.

Moon Knight only had some interesting run during Sienkiewicz era, but I liked more the art, than concept, or the hero himself. DC does such characters thousand times better (for example Question)
>>
>>83065059
I disagree and now have a lower opinion of your tastes.
>>
>>83064963
I mean, they have no reason to treat it with dignity. They only bought the rights so they'd have a prestige title, since the vast majority of Marvel books are throwaway filler between events.

It's not tied to their movies and we know how they treat things they can't make movies out of (see: X-Men)
>>
>>83065058
Sentry is out of the mill superman
Bendis Ultimate Spider-Man might have been good when I didn't know better. Frankly, I hate bendis so much that I hate retroactively all of his stuff.

Carnage is okay, but nothing to write home about.

Vision is overrated as fuck. It's funny how people fap over this, it only shows how bad current Marvel is. Books like these used to be a standard.

Incredible Hercules was fun and light-hearted, but I don't see it being "cult", "essential". The current run got cancelled month ago, right?
>>
>>83065096
That's true of both DC and Marvel.
>>
>>83052999
>>83053187
>>83054856
Marvel has been dominating DC in sales since 70s

Cry more
>>
>>83065084
Oh shit, I will lose my sleep over this.
>>
>>83065059
Marvel kids love the new Moon Knight because it's a movie/tv pitch.

>>83065058
>>83064979
The only thing that actually belongs in that list is Vision.
>>
>>83065106
> Opinions

And nothing was proved.
>>
>>83065126
too bad Marvel hasn't had a good book in all that time.
>>
>>83055372
For the most part dc is giving us the changes we want we just don't like the story they use to explain it. (Although there are a few things they still refuse to give us)
>>
>>83065126
>Marvel has been dominating DC in sales since 70s
With a few exceptions; notably during most of the late 90's.
>>
>>83057964
Power girl and demon knights were both great
>>
>>83065135
>Marvel kids love the new Moon Knight because it's a movie/tv pitch.
>people should stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>83065135
> Marvel kids

You're showing your bias friend.

>>83065152
That's debatable if not outright false. Not that you know since you don't read Marvel, in fact the entire list of stuff you claimed was the only good stuff put out by Marvel above is the kind of conciliatory statement made by someone borrowing what other people have said in hopes of not making themselves look completely biased.
>>
>>83065152
Still better than DC
>>
File: fallacy_of_balance.gif (16KB, 378x492px) Image search: [Google]
fallacy_of_balance.gif
16KB, 378x492px
>>83065123
>le both sides are bad maymay
except it's observably untrue
>>
>>83058011
The reason dc does so well in trades is because marvel trades are overpriced
>>
>>83065135
>Marvel kids love the new Moon Knight because it's a movie/tv pitch.
Oh yeah, true. I forget about that.

>>83065145
20 years from now Miller's Daredevil will still be an essential reading, while Sentry will still be only a curio. House of M, Civil War will still suck. No one will remember Ewing's stuff, or King's, just like no one talks about Soule these days.
>>
>>83065193
>Still better than DC
who...has been publishing good comics for all that time?
>>
>>83065199
Again

> Opinions.
>>
>>83065197
I agree. Marvel is better. By a wide margin.
>>
File: background.jpg (83KB, 633x537px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
83KB, 633x537px
>>83065231
yikes
>>
>>83065197
Prove it.

>>83065221
> "The comics I read over at DC are way better than the comics i don't read over at Marvel"
>>
>>83065229
Show me some facts then
Like, sales of the current Vision volume
>>
>>83065240
Again, posting isolated images from one book out of 40 some odd titles at any given point doesn't prove any larger trend of quality or consistency.

>>83065257
If sales = quality then what happened with Demon Knights?
>>
>>83065240
>>
>>83065257
You're the one making the contestable claims therefor burden of proof technically lies on you, not the person citing the fact you don't have any evidence beyond personal preference.
>>
>>83065271
Excuse me, if people say that marvel dominates the market, I assume that they mean that sales are important? Of course, I forget that marveldrones logic is similar to woman logic. The sales only matter, when they want to use that argument to pawn DC. They don't care that their fave books sell like shit either.

>>83065289
In other words, you are lazy.
>>
>>83064979
>>83065058

This really just shows how low the standards of Marvel-only kids are. Most of those are middling to downright bad.

The fact that so many of them are currently running books shows the kind of flavor-of-the-month mentality Marvel breeds in its readers.
>>
>>83065280
It's funny, Joker's Daughter is almost the exact opposite of Squirrel Girl. Everyone hated her until DC started to push her, and then they realized she was a good character.
>>
>>83065280
Joker's Daughter is one of the edgiest things ever made and still manages to have actual ideas in it. That's more than you can say for Unreadable Squirrel Girl.
>>
>>83065325
Oh my is that some sexism, how long before we get some racism out of you? Will Trump make comics great again?

> in other words you are lazy

The same claim can be levied at you with all your deflection, goal post moving and backpedaling.

>>83065338
> [inflammatory ignorant statement #4201]
>>
>>83064979
>Loki Agent of Asgard
But this was shit
>>
File: 1463468977316.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1463468977316.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>83065347
>>83065369
> being this brainwashed by the Bat Brand.
>>
>>83065383
So you didn't actually read any of it.
>>
>>83065347
Deula a cute. I bet Rebirth will do something with her.
>>
>>83065373
fine here are facts, you lazy sjw tard
not surprised that you're not interested in actual discussion. that would require some arguments.
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/comic-book-retailers-sound-dc-marvel-sales-drop

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/15/2016-is-a-terrible-year-for-comics-so-far-and-theres-no-reason-it-wont-get-worse/

So far, you didn't post any fact
>>
>>83051484
>What Will Marvel Comics Reveal Tomorrow?
Spider-Verse 2 event
Two to five new spider comics.
All New Deadpool
Spider Gwen/Gwenpool
Gwenpool/Deadpool
Spiderpool (who is also Gwen)

Watch one or more of these be real.
>>
ITT: "Marvel sucks and I know this even though I don't read any of their books because of a couple memes I've stumbled across on /co/. Anyone who disagrees has to prove it while I continually dodge any evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, in favor of maintaining my contrarian viewpoint"
>>
>>83065428
All that shows is that sales for Marvel and DC are dropping, the other article is bleedingcool which is as far from any credible evidence as you can get.
>>
>>83065395
shit, that's a nice .gif. Even the hair fits a bit well.
>>
>>83065369
Squirrel Girl is one of the silliest things ever made and still manages to have actual ideas in it. That's more than you can say for Joker's Daughter
>>
>>83065463
Yes, we estabilished that DC sales are dropping. However, marvel failed to get any new audience.
If I have more time, I will search for that article that thoroughly examines Marvel's relaunch (if someone knows what I'm talking about, be a good soul and post it, I am a little busy right now, it was probably on comicsbeat)
>>
>>83065440
Are all marvelcucks this schizophrenic?
>>
How long has this been in the pipes for if they are recent plans probably something black panther related he was a hit
>>
>>83065483
Really the only thing bad about Squirrel Girl is the fucking Art. Christ that art.
>>
>>83065493
You can see for yourself. And let's not start talking about the movies........
>>
>>83065347
They pushed her immediately. Bleeding Cool shilled for her Catwoman cameos and tried to up the speculated value of her Villains Month issue before it was even released. When DC considered a meta series of one-shots featuring female characters, she received one the month after Lois "Only Wonder Woman is more well-known than me" Lane. It wasn't until after Batman Eternal that I noticed people seemed to finally actually like her. She's a meme character: all flash and no substance for 2/3rds of her publishing history.
>>
>>83065436
Gwenpool/Mayday crossover?
>>
>>83065491
And what new audience is DC getting? None. So what's your point? My initial claim was that both DC and Marvel are in the same situation and the evidence you provided proves just that.
>>
File: EXZVk4h.png (3MB, 1275x1101px) Image search: [Google]
EXZVk4h.png
3MB, 1275x1101px
>>83065504
Well, the art and the writing. The writing is cancerous too.

>>83065493
You'd have to be to stomach Marvel books.
>>
>>83065493
>>83065508
Again, you're copping out of the larger debate in favor of namecalling. A tried and true tactic of someone who realizes that they don't have anything more than biased opinions to prop up their arguments.

All have really established in this thread is that millennials can't accept that their opinions aren't the truth and will do any number of absurd mental gymnastics to prove it to themselves.
>>
>>83065516
DC is not really in a worse position that they were 5 years ago. For good and for worse, they have consistent sales, even if they're lower than Marvel. Marvel on the other hand lost a shitload of the audience. I'm curious how Rebirth will fare.
>>
>>83065440
>ITT: "DC sucks and I know this even though I don't read any of their books because of a couple memes I've stumbled across on /co/. Anyone who disagrees has to prove it while I continually dodge any evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, in favor of maintaining my contrarian viewpoint"
>>
>>83065542
It's good that you admit to being a millenial.
>>
>>83065537
The writing isn't great, but it isn't that bad, with good art it'd be fine.

>>83065546
Up and Down, up and down, one day one is doing better, another day the other, there may be an ebb n flow, but ultimately neither company is ever that far ahead of the other.
>>
>>83065511
You're a real dumb bitch you know that?
>>
>>83065566
And how is that good?
>>
File: megamind_1110-md.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
megamind_1110-md.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
It's great that we have threads like this to act as baby pacifiers for the DCfriends who's creative materials just keep coming up short.

I'm sure this is all really cathartic for them.
>>
>>83065574
>ever that far ahead of the other.
In many ways, I do wonder if we will have the same situation like in 90s. Now, both companies have sugar daddies. While WB doesn't really care fo comics, Disney is obsessed over profits. I wonder if they will change the model from floppies to graphic novels, and movie tie-ins.

>>83065591
Because acceptance is the first step into the right direction.
>>
>>83065585
You seem to have women problems. Perhaps you feel threatened by women? Your need to bash all Marvel examples of female characters and accuse people arguing against you of being women is somewhat telling of an insecure male ego.

>>83065596
It's only natural following BvS that things like this would occur. I didn't want the movie to flop, but when it did I at least hoped it would at least simmer down the DC fanboyism a bit.
>>
File: 247fe97ceb1a6953aa886eb333a2072c.jpg (356KB, 1254x1172px) Image search: [Google]
247fe97ceb1a6953aa886eb333a2072c.jpg
356KB, 1254x1172px
>>83065483
ideas like Galactus being gender neutral?
>>
>>83065615
Both companies only care about profits. Disney is not unique in this. If anything you were saying was true then DC would never cancel a book.
>>
>>83065652
This is actually true of alot of languages on Earth though.
>>
File: tumblr_njdqig8q4E1rawmemo1_500.png (286KB, 474x452px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njdqig8q4E1rawmemo1_500.png
286KB, 474x452px
>>83065542
sry m8 I literally just got lost staring at your cheekbones.

like literally lost.
>>
>>83065652
They're talking about language not identity politics.

>>83065670
Again, use of contextualess imagery to establish no larger point least of all anything relevant to the post you're responding to.
>>
File: marvelsplaining.jpg (70KB, 599x309px) Image search: [Google]
marvelsplaining.jpg
70KB, 599x309px
>>83065596
>who's creative materials just keep coming up short.

Marvel taught me that what you're doing is called Mansplaining, and that's wrong.
>>
>>83065652
Galactus is a force of nature. But you wouldn't know that because you don't read comics
>>
>>83065656
Didn't Omega Men got another chance, due to positive reaction? Of course they care about profits. It's a business, but one company can go for the lowest common denominator, while other company will try to make simply better books than competition. Of course, who's who depends on sort of weird "allegiance" that people have. However, given that I'm more well versed in marvel, I sort of felt like bashing the drones, since they can get very insufferable.
>>
>>83065635
>I at least hoped it would at least simmer down the DC fanboyism a bit.

You should try reading comics someday
>>
>>83065723
Company wars are more interesting.
>>
>>83056144

I own a new store and couldn't agree more with this, the huge numbers required to get hold of certain variants and the simple fact that it's so hard to project who is going to buy what when it comes to Marvel books is tough.

DC seems to have its dedicated fans that will commit to monthly purchases of one or two runs, whereas the Marvel books that we sell in the UK are mostly events and anything with Deadpool. Admittedly I get a lot of normies in the store though. Standoff sold well even though it was a bit of a mess.
>>
>>83065703
Does that image trigger you anon? You don't seem to be able to find many examples outside of just handful of books.

>>83065707
This thread has shown DC fans to be just as if not more insufferable than these so-called "marveldrones".

>>83065723
Oh I do, both DC and Marvel and that's how I know they're both pretty much in the same boat of mediocrity.
>>
>>83065656
And yet here's the difference: DC actually lets underperforming books continue at a loss in order to tie up stories. Marvel terminates underperforming books almost immediately.

Marvel flat out does not care about comics.
>>
>>83065751
Any comic book that sells less than 40k an issue is put out at a loss so both Companies are technically putting out the bulk of their books already at a loss.
>>
>>83065746
>Oh I do, both DC and Marvel

i'd love to hear your top 10 DC and Marvel books of the decade.
>>
>>83065746
>This thread has shown DC fans to be just as if not more insufferable than these so-called "marveldrones".
Can you blame them?
They constantly get trashed and ridiculed. Not to mention that marvel really is good at training its fans at pawning the distinguished competition. This is something I actually recognized in myself a while ago, when I didn't like DC for no apparent reason.

I still try to get into some of the classic stuff, and I doubt I will ever be invested enough in their universe, but I really started to appreciate the pure sci-fi fun of 70s, the noir of 80s, and vertigos of 90s. The huge positive about DC is that their characters are not unsympathetic assholes.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42KB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42KB, 1280x532px
>>83051484
What I'd like
>Bendis dropping everything and devoting his sweet time to a new Alias book that doesn't focus on Jewel like they've said it would. Also, don't make it a lousy tie-in to Civil War, just keep it separate

>Not Marvel COMICS, but Black Widow joining the Black Panther movie

>The ''Girl Power'' comics of Marvel would get new competent, professional and serious writers so I wouldn't have to be so embarrassed when defending women in comics

>Lemire drops out of the Moon Knight and is replaced by Ed Brubaker who can actually write something worth my time and money
>>
>>83065751
Marvel simply just stopped doing minis and instead launches everything as an ongoing. If the book does sells well enough they'll let it continue after the initial mini story that was originally intended, if not, they end it where the story was meant to end.

>>83065790
Why so you can indiscriminately bash my taste regardless what I pick?
>>
>>83052290

Doesn't Marvel do this every six months?

Haven't their been two #1 Squirrel Girl comic in the same year?
>>
>>83065792
They bring it on themselves.
>>
>>83065804
>instead RElaunches everything
>>
>>83065835
No they just re-launch books to get those #1 sales. a really shitty tactic.
>>
>>83065843
You mean, they asked for it?
>>
>>83065835
B...but that doesn't count! Muh Marvel does everything right! They never rebooted or anything! Plus we have BASED RUSSOS!

Remember Zack Snyder? He's real bad right?!
>>
>>83065867
This thread is all the proof needed that they bring this on themselves.

>>83065869
You're just trying way too hard now.
>>
>>83052842
>I wouldn't be surprised to see the rest of ASBAR within the next five years.

Fuck you. You're giving me hope.
>>
>>83065706
Actually, shitlord, xhe is a demigendered aromantic transnatural fictive system. Check your fucking privilege you pissbaby Goober Goblin
>>
>>83065795
Bru moved onto TV shows. He won't be slumming it with comics for years now
>>
>>83065947
Don't worry anon, Trump will fix everything.
>>
>>83065947
I miss the times, when Galactus was cis-gendered, white male god with patriarchal power to eat planets.
>>
>>83065961
I wish I had a pic of Superman in a MAGA hat
>>
File: 16b.gif (24KB, 625x200px) Image search: [Google]
16b.gif
24KB, 625x200px
>>83065967
>cis
>in 2016
>>
>>83052938

It isn't about DC getting ahead. Since Marvel got Star Wars they're going to be a head because as the prequels and Force Awakens proved you can sell shit and label it Star Wars and Star Wars fans will eat it up and ask for seconds.

What is relevant is that both DC and Marvel need each other for them to thrive. DC can't do well without Marvel and Marvel can't do well without DC. Most comic book readers don't actually get into the company wars bullshit and buys comics cause they like the characters or because the stories are good.

But if suddenly there weren't major Batman titles then all the people who buy Batman wouldn't be going into comic book stores, or comic website. This hurts Marvel. The same is true for Spiderman fans and DC respectively.

Both DC and Marvel need comic book stores and comic book websites to survive. Also, when one is doing well (because they're telling good stories/have good artists) it forces the other to up their game.
>>
>>83063771
I've been pirating of both companies and I can honestly say that Marvel has worse overall quality...
>>
>>83056543
Guardians of Infinity had another problem entirely of Abnett overplottimg in 15 pages pet month plus the shitty backups that had dumb shit like Groot going to Puerto Rico to learn Puerto Rican culture or Kitty crying about breaking up with Peter to Rocket.

So yeah bad example not to mention Perlman is a better writer than Humphries, CM Punk and Scotty Young.
>>
>>83066193
FUCK YOU MARVEL IS BEST

YOU JUST DONT READ THEM! RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>83064248
That anon is wrecking you so hard.
>>
File: 1453915600108_0.png (1MB, 1150x874px) Image search: [Google]
1453915600108_0.png
1MB, 1150x874px
>>83065947
ebin
>>
>>83066354
ironic, considering what that book is about.
>>
>>83064829
>and I think Miller's DD is vastly overrated.

You have bad taste.

Also, I definitely don't agree with the comment the poster made I'm just saying you have bad taste.

Marvel and DC have both produced a lot of good books, and a lot of really shitty books, and most of their books are usually fairly "meh".

My problem with Marvel is that they literally published Wolverine's backstory because Fox said they were going to use it in a film.

If I were Marvel I would have been to Fox:

>fine, but it isn't going to be canon because that destroys the character

But Marvel didn't do that. And then they followed this up with Civil War and I was just couldn't be fucked with Marvel after that.

I would return to Marvel in an instant if they retconned out Wolverine's backstory, and they got good writers for at least ten issues on the following characters:

>Wolverine
>Daredevil
>Hulk

But now I'm happy in just DC land because at least they aren't murdering Batman's mythos over there.
>>
>>83066656
If you've read one Miller story, you've read every Miller story. Sorry but Miller's work has aged like milk, and once you realize that he's not actually writing characters but just penciling in his own weirdo power fantasies and prostitute/ninja fetishes he becomes impossible to take seriously.
>>
>>83066704

Born Again and The Dark Knight Returns are vastly fucking different stories.

Elektra's introduction and death is vastly different from Born Again.

Year One is vastly different from The Dark Knight Returns.

All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder is vastly different from both Year One and The Dark Knight Returns.

Ronin is different from everything else Miller has written.

I do agree with you as far as Sin City is concerned.

Also, Give Me Liberty (can't remember if that's the name or not, black girl from Chicago becomes a war hero/revolutionary in dystopian US) is also vastly different from anything too.

You're wrong, except for Sin City.
>>
>>83066837

I will admit that there's a Mileresque style. But thematically he tells quite different stories.

Except, again, for Sin City. Just read Sin City and don't both with the rest. People should know what I mean when I say "just Sin City".
>>
File: 16.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>83066473
>Waaah it's a joooke
Thread posts: 551
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.