[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 508
Thread images: 117

File: Sullustian Rockrender (1).jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Sullustian Rockrender (1).jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Kaiju - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Darth Vader #20: End of Games #1 (part 1 of 6)
Kieron Gillen, Salvador Larroca et al.
Comic Book & e-Comic Book [Marvel]
• Inspector Thanoth returns with some startling information.
• Vader may have passed his master’s tests...
• ...but will his own schemes prove his undoing?

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy
>>
What the sweet fuck are those things?
>>
File: Sullustian Rockrender (2).jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Sullustian Rockrender (2).jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>82617770
Sullustian Rockrenders. They live in the Volcanoes. Cute, aren't they?
>>
>>82617239
If Qui-Gon had survived I'm still convinced he would have saved Shmi, even if the Jedi Council wouldn't agree with such actions. It's the kind of rogue bit of righteousness he'd have done.

I still think it's pissy that Padme never tried to help her. The woman who took them in when they needed help, gave food from her own table, shelter from the deadly sands, risked her son's life to help them and then let them leave with her son, leaving her alone in slavery. Padme was the queen of a planet but even if she had no money on her own she had the love and gratitude of her people. She doesn't need to campaign to end slavery in Hutt Space, an impossible prospect at best I'm sure, but she could have taken up a collection to free the woman who helped free them from the Trade Federation.

Just my two Republic credits.
>>
File: Rex's first kiss.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rex's first kiss.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
Can one find love in the field of battle?
>>
>>82617922
I want to kiss Rex.
>>
File: CahUYpo.jpg (173KB, 1280x710px) Image search: [Google]
CahUYpo.jpg
173KB, 1280x710px
>>82617695
So, how is Battlefront III? Is it any better or is it still a boring game? Keep in mind I don't really play multi-player. Are there any new SW games that are coming out that's hopefully better than this?
>>
>>82617877
Qui-Gon definitely would have. Hell Qui-Gon was so in tune with the Force that he figured out the whole Force Priestess thing on his own, he just never got a chance to complete it.

It makes you wonder if he didn't feel a disturbance in the Force when it came to Maul and Palpatine prior to their appearance too. Qui-Gon gave no fucks, I fully believe Vader wouldn't have existed had Qui-Gon lived, and it's no fault of Obi-Wan's, he's just more about the Code than Qui-Gon was which cost him, that and he wanted to be a brother/father instead of a Master.

As for Padme, she was a 14 year old girl dealing with the ramifications of an incoming Galactic Civil War, and her planet was the first to be dealt with the Trade Blockage that would give rise to Dooku and the CIS eventually. I mean it may have been stopped at that moment, but there is a lot of clean-up and stuff to deal with, she was more focused on that than some random boy that happened to save them and become a Jedi.

Besides, Anakin was the one that probably said, mom is fine, she's with Watto he won't mistreat her. Honestly he would have been right, they had a fine life despite being slaves living on Tatooine. They had a house, jobs, food, and Watto wasn't a terrible person. Look at him in AotC, I sold her and they seem to be living a happy life together, he didn't seem like he wanted to sell her or any of his slaves into the hands of say Jabba directly, he was just worried about his business which Anakin was profitable for, but he never outright mistreated them. Even after she was sold, she had a fine life, she just met with an unfortunate accident sadly.
>>
File: 3.jpg (548KB, 1280x1613px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
548KB, 1280x1613px
>>82617993
WOAH WOAH WOAH

Get in line buddy
>>
>>82618013
It's a good pick'me up game and the little survival maps are decent fun for a bit, little short.

As for SW games, none. The only game we know of that's in development is an open-world RPG by Visceral Games (Dead Space) that is being written by Amy Hennig of Legacy of Kain/Uncharted and has Jade Raymond from Assassin's Creed helping to spearhead it.

Other than that, we don't know jack shit about it.

There is that KotOR Unreal 4 Fan Project/Mod in the process though, but that's gonna take awhile.
>>
File: Luke & Han On Hoth.jpg (356KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Luke & Han On Hoth.jpg
356KB, 1920x1080px
>>82617877
You know, I agree with you, especially about the Qui-Gon thing.

We learned so little about Qui-Gon that it hurts, but I can defiantly see why people think he would have helped train Anakin better. Not that Obi-Wan did a bad job. Obi-Wan tried his best, but couldn't handle Anakin's unique circumstances, nor counter Sheev's manipulation.

But Qui-Gon, well he may have been able to. People criticize him so casually ignoring Shmi when Watto denies him both slaves. But I think there's a strong case to argue that he was probably thinking "no biggie, we can come back for her once the boy is in the clear."

>>82618013
>So, how is Battlefront III?
It looks great, plays ok, but is lacking in any substantial content, especially in the non-multiplayer department.

>I don't really play multi-player
You might want to skip it then. The non-multiplayer stuff is just 1v1 (with or without bots) on the smallest maps, or a 15-round Survival mode on similarly small maps. And some explicitly non-canon training missions. No story content whatsoever.

>Are there any new SW games that are coming out that's hopefully better than this?
Visceral Games, Bioware, and Respawn, are all working on Star Wars games. DICE is also confirmed to be doing Battlefront 2, once the DLC for the first game is finished, and they're promising to take the complaints of the first game into account, so the sequel may have a single-player.
>>
>>82617877
Republic credits weren't worth anything on outer rim planets, so there wasn't really anyway for her to buy her out of slavery. Also Padme was supposed to be under cover the whole time while. Padme also didn't have any relation with anakin until 10 years after they met, so why would she try to free a random person who she probably couldn't even track once she became a senator. Anakin also isn't supposed to have ties to his senpai so it would seem pointless for her to try.
>>
>>82618120
You have the pic of Ahsoka and Rex taking a bath? I can't find it. It's SFW.
>>
>>82618269
>so there wasn't really anyway for her to buy her out of slavery
Buy stuff that the outer rim would pay for, then pay using that.
>>
>>82617922
According to The 08th MS Team, yes. But highly ridiculous
>>
>>82618167
Respawn is apparently also working with DICE on Battlefront 2.

Either way, Visceral is probably the closest to actually being done.
>>
>>82618347
Slaves, spice and contraband weapons?
>>
>>82618347
Still seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to free one person that you barely even know.
>>
>>82618460
Qui-gon woulda done it.
>>
>>82618486
Qui-Gon used the force to cheat at dice and potentially pod-racing.

Qui-Gon did whatever the fuck Qui-Gon wanted.
>>
>>82618131
>There is that KotOR Unreal 4 Fan Project/Mod in the process though, but that's gonna take awhile.

It's never going to be more than a 3D portfolio, the majority of these things are never completed.

>>82618390
>Respawn is apparently also working with DICE on Battlefront 2.

You don't know that, all they said is that they're making a third-person action/adventure game set in the Star Wars universe.
>>
File: 1427315447760.png (4MB, 4096x3020px) Image search: [Google]
1427315447760.png
4MB, 4096x3020px
>>82618131
>KotOR Unreal 4 Fan Project/Mod
Are they going for the canon aesthetic or the same old OT one?

I would love the new canon Shogun style.
>>
>>82618555
>It's never going to be more than a 3D portfolio, the majority of these things are never completed.
While true, they do have multiple maps built and some core animation actually going as far as ships flying on Taris goes.

A little bit much to just be a 3D Portfolio honestly, they could legit be doing it, but it wouldn't be done for a few years honestly.
>You don't know that, all they said is that they're making a third-person action/adventure game set in the Star Wars universe.
I remember hearing something similar to that as well, but it may have just been rumors prior to their actual announcement. But he is right, Visceral is gonna be the next Star Wars game out and that might not even be out until the end of the year at the earlier, unless we wanna count on Battlefront 2 to come out at the end of the year, which it probably won't, and they'll wait for Ep. 8.
>>
>>82618634
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s58TvG8V-0k

This was the latest thing that was uploaded, which seems to be further along than what they originally showed with just a few screenshots.
>>
>>82618486
I doubt qui-gon would help her.
If he survived his duel with maul, he would continue to train anakin. He would want to separate his ties to his mum, not bring them together by trying to free her.
>>
>>82618753
Well he did try to free her as well in the first place. Qui-Gon didn't follow the Jedi Code usually, which is why they wouldn't let him on the Council. Qui-Gon had a very different approach to how things should be done.
>>
File: 0122398274.gif (2MB, 245x461px) Image search: [Google]
0122398274.gif
2MB, 245x461px
Imagine being Adam Driver and having to be all like “damn, Lena Dunham, you fuckin’ fine, all sexy with your curvaceous body and horrific snaggle toothed monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me.” when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old twink in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Adam and not only sit in that chair while Lena Dunham flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and blotchy skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she’s TOTALLY GOT IT and DAMN, LENA DUNHAM LOOKS *STUNNING*!! because they’re not the ones who have to sit there and watch her hippoish fucking moon face contort into types of smug smirks you didn’t even know existed before that day. You’ve been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of fuccbois and submissives and later alleged BBCs for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Missouri. You’ve never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that’s breaking out on her rotund stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her “statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)” beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with cinnabuns in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you’re Kylo Ren. You’re not going to lose your future Star Wars career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
>>
>>82618699
>While true, they do have multiple maps built and some core animation actually going as far as ships flying on Taris goes.
I don't dispute that they've done some work towards it, but how many fan made game remakes are every completed? They might think they can succeed, but it's doubtful. This isn't a "underdog, I'm rooting for them" sort of thing. Just don't put any faith in it being in working order. It will either float or sink, and it's more likely to drown.

>I remember hearing something similar to that as well, but it may have just been rumors prior to their actual announcement.
You can read the announcement yourself, here.
http://www.respawn.com/stig-blog/

>Visceral is gonna be the next Star Wars game out
Most likely

>unless we wanna count on Battlefront 2 to come out at the end of the year
Not going to happen at all.
>>
File: suicidexdd.jpg (13KB, 450x356px) Image search: [Google]
suicidexdd.jpg
13KB, 450x356px
>>82618991
>>
>>82618744
Looks like it'll be just a modern update.

I doubt they would change now with all that work done.
>>
>>82618835
True, I just think that anakin's development out weighs his mom's safety. As a master his responsiblities to his apprentice mean more then wanting to free his apprentice's mom
>>
>>82619003
>and it's more likely to drown.
True I don't doubt that, but I felt it was at least good to mention just to keep people up to date with it just in case.
>You can read the announcement yourself, here.
I see.
>Not going to happen at all.
Yeah, it took them awhile to just get done with already existing architecture and engines with the first one, and even that is definitely rushed to meet TFA's deadline.
>>82619052
According to them, assuming this does end up happening, they'll be adding new quests and all sorts of stuff into it as well. So it'll likely be the same base story, but expanded upon more and with far more to do. Think sort of like Witcher I guess, where it's based on the books, but the world/area sizes are pretty big and you have a lot to do, even if some of it just basic quests and things.
>>
>>82619131
But Anakin needs to kill his mum, it's the only may to rid him of his attachments.
>>
>>82619315
Or just let the sand people do it for him
>>
>>82619484
We already know that won't work.
>>
>>82618342
It's not exactly taking a bath, it's actually based of a smut. There are more
>>
>>82618063
>dealing with the ramifications of an incoming Galactic Civil War
They were still ten years away from the Clone Wars. All she had to do was take up a collection of non-Republic credits, just something that would convince Watto to sell. Not some scheming Hutt lord or anyone who has to know she's even royalty. She could have done it through intermediaries, people she trusted, and didn't even have to do anything herself once she told people to take care of it for her. I can't really give her a pass on this, and I especially can't because she was 14. She was already set up as the ruler of a planet. If she can do that she can handle helping out one slave whom she owes for her entire planet's salvation.
>>
File: tumblr_mz36m1jAuF1s46nheo1_1280.jpg (304KB, 1280x1042px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mz36m1jAuF1s46nheo1_1280.jpg
304KB, 1280x1042px
>>82618342
>>
>>82618419
Watto is a droid seller so droid parts. Not like Naboo is cluttered with a bunch of broken droids at this point. Give him the non-lethal parts. Joints, servo motors, some processors (these B1s were control chip variants so their brains weren't all that great to begin with).
>>
>>82619980
Oh shit didn't know there was more than what I already had
>>
does Vader still have a cock or is it just a burnt mess down there?
>>
>>82620135
There's no way he does
That would have been the first thing to catch on fire
>>
>>82620135
That's why he's so angry
>>
>>82620135
It's probably nonexistent at this point. It would explain why Vader is always so angry
>>
>>82620135
If sheev was nice he would of given him a big black robo-dick so at least he could feel better about himself. Being Vader is suffering.
>>
>>82620135
Is that really important to know?
>>
>>82620659
Yes. From a certain point of view.
>>
>>82620135
Unlimited power, but at what price...
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 719x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 719x523px
>>82620135
>>
>>82621456
I wanna fuck Hera's boipussy while Kanan watches
>>
>>82621456
Rather Luke's
>>
>>82620135
Imagine a pickle or cucumber, now imagine that with boilet blisters and chunks of it falling off gradually. Now imagine it like 15 years later where the chunks are just bulbous masses of scar tissue, and the blisters are still there.

Still there but not pretty, not pretty at all.
>>
>Vrogas Vas gets a mention as one of Leia's heroics in Bloodline
>>
>>82622454
Can't swear that that incident was a shining moment in anyone's career, beyond Vader earning his cred overtop a mountain of Rebel corpses. When you think about it it's kind of ridiculous the Rebels had that many troops and heavy vehicles.Guess that's why by the time they got to Hoth they didn't have too much left.

Though thinking about it the worst had to be on Han and Aphra and their mutual bug infested headbutt.
>>
File: fa47cf2e5a3d37ebbe4ead27729a85ec.jpg (150KB, 500x1650px) Image search: [Google]
fa47cf2e5a3d37ebbe4ead27729a85ec.jpg
150KB, 500x1650px
What if Darth Vader was a grill?
>>
>>82618167
>But Qui-Gon, well he may have been able to. People criticize him so casually ignoring Shmi when Watto denies him both slaves. But I think there's a strong case to argue that he was probably thinking "no biggie, we can come back for her once the boy is in the clear."

Yeah. Qui-Gon is probably literally the only one who would have gone back for her to sate Anakin's apprehensiveness, even if it'd arguably take more work since their trump card for Anakin was winning the Boonta Eve. And since Republic credits were no good out in the Outer Rim, the process of freeing her would have been frustrating. Obi-Wan, while he no doubt felt for Anakin, was too by the book to really think about how much Anakin cared for his mother.
>>
>>82618753
I don't think Qui-Gon would have freed her in order to keep her and Anakin together. He would have done so to at least put Anakin more at ease however, as evidenced by Anakin's still worrying about her late into his space legal teenage years.
>>
>>82622648
The story wouldn't work if he gave birth to his secret kids who he thought were dead

maybe if everything was moved forward a few months so Padme has the kids and he thinks they die in a shipwreck or something
>>
>>82622648
I'm assuming you're not supposed to use lava instead of charcoal/gas for that grill.
>>
File: sexy_darth_vader.jpg (39KB, 600x510px) Image search: [Google]
sexy_darth_vader.jpg
39KB, 600x510px
>>82622648
I need more Rule 63 Vader
>>
>>82622648
LUKE WAS THE SON OF SUNS
NOT ANAKIN
>>
File: Starkiller_vs_Gorog.png (1MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Starkiller_vs_Gorog.png
1MB, 1280x544px
>>
>>82623787
That fight was so mediocre.
>>
>>82622648
The problem with this is they switched Padme's gender too. Otherwise it would have been fun.
>>
>>82623787
nyoom
>>
Which should I read first, since I'm pretty far behind on nucanon stuff.

Dark Disciples, Bloodlines, or A New Dawn?

How would you guys rate them in terms of enjoyability?
>>
>>82623787
Trailer made that so much cooler than it was in the game
>>
>>82622706
Yeah, even if Qui-Gon didn't initially intend to go back and free her, I think he would've understood Anakin's anxiety about her and would have tried to address it, rather than just tell Anakin "oh just ignore it, it'll go away" like Obi-Wan did.
>>
My knowledge of the Expanded Universe books/comics is pretty vague.

Is there anything worth reading that involved TIE fighter pilots as a story line or where the pilot is the main character?
>>
>>82623933

The Death Star book
>>
>>82623882
Dark Disciple is ok, albeit definitely something to read after TCW is done.

A New Dawn is a very safe place to start, as it literally serves to introduce new characters, and that's about it. The title of the book was very clearly a specific choice. It was the first Canon book.

Bloodlines, I have not yet read, but I am hearing good things.

>>82623933
Lost Stars has some of that, but it is definitely NOT the focus of the book.
>>
>>82622776
Qui-Gon may have done it just because it was the right thing to do and he would have had time after Naboo. He seemed to make a real connection with Shmi but was on a schedule and didn't need to leave Tatooine with the Hutts pissed at him for freeing slaves.

At the very least he tried to free her and Anakin but ultimately decided on just the boy. Maybe that means he would have taken Anakin and left Shmi to her fate, but he did the best he could with what he had. If he felt Anakin was the chosen one the best he felt he could do was get him to the Temple. When the Jedi showed no real interest in him he felt the best choice he had was to keep Anakin nearby. I wonder if he was actually worried if he didn't he'd get back to Coruscant and find that they'd sent Anakin back to Tatooine. I wouldn't be surprised if Mace did that.
>>
>>82623954
Unfortunately I don't own it and I'm too lazy to download it (yes I'm that lazy).
>>82624010
I've watched TCW before and read the Kanan comic, it and the Darth Vader comic (with parts of the Star Wars Vrogas/Rebel Jail stuff) as well.

So I could jump into those I suppose. Appreciate the detail on it.
>>
>>82623954
>>82624010
Thanks I'll check those out
>>
File: Books Version 2.0.jpg (3MB, 3989x6149px) Image search: [Google]
Books Version 2.0.jpg
3MB, 3989x6149px
>>82624076
>>82624098
Here is also the Guide for the books if it can help further
>>
>>82623882
A New Dawn and Bloodline are both great but If i had to recommend one over the other blindly I'd recommend A New Dawn if only for the fact that it feels very "Star Wars-y" for lack of a better term.

Dark Disciple wasn't that great IMO and I'd only recommend it if you're either really eager for more TCW content or if you're a canon completionist.
>>
>>82624459

Is there a Legends version of this?
>>
>>82624527
Not that I know of. I made that canon Guide personally.
>>
>>82624466
I see, thanks. I mostly just bought Dark Disciple because I liked Ventress quite a lot, hate Vos and I'm aware of what roughly happens between the two at the end, but I felt like I should still give it a read at some point.
>>82624459
Appreciate it cAnon, always there to help.
>>
>>82624459
wait, buttcheeks is getting a book?
>>
>>82624607
http://nerdist.com/new-star-wars-novel-featuring-ahsoka-tano-announced-exclusive/

Yep!

Looks like it's going to help fill the gap between TCW and Rebels.

>>82624591
No problem!
>>
>>82624607
Releases in October, supposed to be the episodes partly that were never finished, like her reaction to Order 66 and all that that would eventually happen.
>>
File: dark ahsoka.png (194KB, 500x820px) Image search: [Google]
dark ahsoka.png
194KB, 500x820px
>>82624646
fuck yes
>>
>>82624646
Is it weird that I'm worried that they're going to force romance into her again? Cux was bad enough.
>>
>>82625549
I don't think they will, if they do, she'll be in her 20s for it so it'll be better handled, especially for a novel. I mean she is 33 in Year 29/Twilight of the Apprentice.

We know the Rebel Alliance is already a thing or becoming one with Bail and Order 66 has already happened, so it at least starts her out at 17 and likely moves in years as it goes on.
>>
>>82625549
Only if it's coming to terms with her love for Anakin once she drops the Code and then trying to cope with the crippling survivor's guilt after thinking he died in Order 66.
>>
>yfw the Ahsoka novel has RotS novelization style insight
>yfw it ends right before the Siege of Lothal
>yfw the last words "All I had was your training, and the lessons you taught me, because of you, I did survive, thank you Master."
>yfw you realize what happens during the Siege of Lothal
>>
File: Vader 1.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Vader 1.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>82627385
>mfw the apprentice lives
>>
>>82627460
That's your face when everything
>>
File: I'm sad now.jpg (198KB, 1344x741px) Image search: [Google]
I'm sad now.jpg
198KB, 1344x741px
>>82627709
>>
File: Lords_of_the_Sith.jpg (101KB, 631x960px) Image search: [Google]
Lords_of_the_Sith.jpg
101KB, 631x960px
Anyone else realize how often comlinks are used in this novel compared to regular holograms? Its almost distracting.
>>
>Sense that Anakin still has DEEP attachments issues after the shit that went down on Tatooine with his Mom
>Give him a Padawan
>Hoping that Anakin seeing first hand her growing from this weak, vulnerable thing into someone independent and strong will help him learn to let go
>Even though that's a fuckton of assumption
>Then, after all that, betray the Padawan and cast her from the order
>Make Anakin watch as she's banished and face Tarkin's trial, one she'll almost certainly be executed in
>Anakin saves her but she leaves the Order
>Making Anakin feel like a failure, making him hate that she left him, furthering his attachment issues
>Ultimately, your plan accomplishes nothing but catalyzing Anakin's fall to the Dark Side and ruining Ahsoka's life on a lost gamble
Yoda dropped that ball HARD
>>
>>82628093
>Believes Obi-Wan/Padme to be having an affair
>His brother and father figure leaves him to burn to death and die on Mustafar
>Mace tries to kill the one friend he feels he truly has left that wants to help him save what remains of those relationships he can patch back together
>Wife dies
>'Child dies'
>On the Council without being a Jedi Master
>Kills a defenseless enemy, Dooku going against the Jedi Code
>Mace tries to do the very same thing to Palpatine, because he's dangerous

Anakin's life was a mess, it wasn't entirely Yoda's fault, though he sure had his hand to play in it. The Dark Side is strong and clouds your judgment.
>>
>>82628301
To be fair with Mace, Palpy was still a threat. Disarmed but still throwing lightning at him. And unwilling to just surrender. Dooku meanwhile was defenceless.

Also the Council made a huge favor to Anakin accepting him on the council. However they did so because he was Palpatine representant, not because he deserved it. That's why they didn't gave him the rank of master.
>>
>>82628890
Oh I full agree on both points, but from Anakin's point of view they were both insults to him basically.
>>
>>82628890
>dooku was defenseless
>immediately think "no he's not, he has lightning"
>remember he got his hands cut off
>instantly imagine Dooku holding off Anakin with lightning shooting from his arm stubs
Fuck you, you bastard. I spit out my soda.
>>
>>82628093
>>82628301
And people call Anakin a Gary Stu
>>
What's worse, Mandofags or OT Purists?

Because they're both pretty fucking autistic as far as 'fans' go.
>>
>>82630410
Mandofags are generally OT Purists, so I'd say they're equally as bad.
>>
File: 1459110308194.png (765KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1459110308194.png
765KB, 1001x1001px
>>82618991
This is the funniest shit I have read all day.
>>
File: 1453086939504.jpg (109KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1453086939504.jpg
109KB, 1334x750px
>>82630410

I'd say OT purists. Mandofags only bitch about Legends content. OT purists have actually worked their way into Star Wars media and are actively trying to retcon anything that isn't the OT.

For all the shit we give Dave about killing our waifus, at least he gives a shit about Star Wars as a whole and doesn't limit his appreciation just to one part of it alone.
>>
File: 1067 - 7jwDCdZ.jpg (48KB, 428x400px) Image search: [Google]
1067 - 7jwDCdZ.jpg
48KB, 428x400px
Okay, guys. Time for serious talk. How much time have George Lucas spent masturbating to Star Wars porn? I'd say at least one year.
>>
>>82619980
Thanks, anon.
>>
Pretty dead today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ5LpKGGLDk
>>
I just finished playing KOTOR 1 and 2, did Dark Horse ever do comics about the game ?
>>
File: grakkus all alone.jpg (72KB, 443x699px) Image search: [Google]
grakkus all alone.jpg
72KB, 443x699px
>>82632029
I'm chilling and doing chores at home after an exam, what do you want?
>>
>>82632107
>what do you want?
Drawfags that draw cute space Twi'Leks
>>
>>82631482
How long has it been since he's washed his hands, so to speak, of the series? He'd probably jerk it at least once just because he's detatched by now.
>>
File: Grakkk.jpg (139KB, 923x737px) Image search: [Google]
Grakkk.jpg
139KB, 923x737px
>>82632133
I only have the discount version, Asari, and I'm neither good enough to make it cute nor in the mood for Twi'leks. Guess you'll to do it yourself, get the ressuorces from /ic/'s sticky and start, most there either want to make porn or concept art.
>>
File: 1448564870415.jpg (74KB, 461x523px) Image search: [Google]
1448564870415.jpg
74KB, 461x523px
>>82632162
>Guess you'll to do it yourself
I will. But I'm not good yet.
>>
So apparently Claudia Gray hits it out of the park again with Star Wars: Bloodlines?
>>
>>82632225
I know that feel, but we can get better. You'll draw your Twi'lek qts and I the legendary meeting between Grakkus and Beldarion.
>>
>tfw the First Order isn't just composed of Imperial Remnants, but also the entire Centrist party from the New Republic gone separatist who wanted strong central governance and a massive military

Christ, so it's another civil war
>>
File: F U C K.jpg (170KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
F U C K.jpg
170KB, 1280x853px
>>82632362
>>
>>82632377
Were it the non-Imps who wanted another not-Death Star?
>>
>>82632377
[Spoiler]Not all of the party, mostly some of the most nostalgic if the Empire but yeah it does sound really bad [/spoiler]
>>
>>82632377
The Rebellion was very similar to that respect too, where a lot of Criminals and former Separatists joined the Rebellion to keep their dream of a free Republic alive.

When you honestly get down to it, the Clone Wars have been going on for decades, ideologies have shifted, but it's ultimately the same end result.
>>
>>82632040
The games were based on the Tales of the Jedi comics from the 90s. Then they ended up making a series called Knights of the Old Republic after the games came out.
>>
>>82617877
>>82618063
>>82617877
>>82618063
>>82618167
>>82618486
>>82618550
>>82622706
>>82623915
>>82624032
So you think he could have done more
>>
File: hollyhoahkill_qui_gon_ahsoka.png (405KB, 655x1078px) Image search: [Google]
hollyhoahkill_qui_gon_ahsoka.png
405KB, 655x1078px
>>82634332
Well, they could've had him survive and then follow Dooku in AotC.
>>
File: Daisy Ridley.jpg (117KB, 1422x728px) Image search: [Google]
Daisy Ridley.jpg
117KB, 1422x728px
Daisy was okay in TFA, but I liked her more in Lord of the Rings. Too bad her scene got cut from the movie.
>>
>>82634633
Haha.
>>
File: 1462561018915.jpg (103KB, 990x661px) Image search: [Google]
1462561018915.jpg
103KB, 990x661px
>>82634633
faggot
>>
>>82634730
I'm gonna marry her t.b.h phams.
>>
>>82634750
Don't do it! She's going to bite your penis off!
>>
>>82634730
Stay mad, idiot.
>>
>>82628301
>it wasn't entirely Yoda's fault
No, but Yoda's attempts to help only made things much worse. Sacrificing Ahsoka to be dragged down into Anakin's bullshit wasn't fair on her either.
Order 66 aside, given that Yoda didn't know about it, there was still a decent possibility of either a) Anakin goes dark and convinces Ahsoka to join him or b) Anakin goes dark and Ahsoka stays with the Order but is left to deal with the fallout and is tainted by her association to Vader. Both are pretty shitty potential routes to send a 13 year old kid down, Jedi or not. Regardless of what Yoda's intentions were, if his gamble with Anakin didn't work out, Ahsoka would be the one paying for it, even though she had no say in the matter.

Shit would have been easier for her if she'd just been given to Obi-Wan, like he'd asked for. He never even got his second Padawan, did he? Did he just forget?
>>
>>82635023
>He never even got his second Padawan, did he? Did he just forget?

We don't even know if they do second padawans. Don't get me wrong, I see no reason why they shouldn't. But as far as we've seen, we've yet to year of such beyond Qui-gon trying to take Anakin under his wing. It could be that Obi-wan simply opted out. He probably had his hands full with the war effort and being on the council.
>>
File: barriss_offee.jpg (19KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
barriss_offee.jpg
19KB, 620x349px
So, she's dead, right?
If the Republic were going to execute Ahsoka for the bombing, they'd double-execute Barriss.
>>
>>82633292
>The Clone Wars have been going on for decades
What? The war lasted 3 years
>>
>>82635543

Filoni already stated that she survived Order 66. We thought she might have shown up in Rebels, but now we think the matter between Barris and Ahsoka will be resolved in the Ahsoka book coming out later.
>>
>>82634730
>Daisy is the new Stephanie Joosten
You can't escape
>>
>>82635660
He's speaking metaphorically.
>>
>>82635688
>Filoni already stated that she survived Order 66.
... how? She should have been swiftly dealt with by a clone firing squad.

>We thought she might have shown up in Rebels
That might have been interesting though. I don't know how Ahsoka would have reacted to having to work alongside Barriss again.
>>
File: Joosten Around the World.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Joosten Around the World.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>82635700
"I've never seen so much blue, green, red, yellow, etc. in all the galaxy before!"
>>
>>82635760
>... how?
She was in a Republic prison when Order 66 happened. Clones probably have protocols where they don't go full retard on prisoners or Jedi that surrender so they can help build the inquisitors. I think I might be spoiling something for you but if you want to see what happened to Barriss watch season 5 of The Clone Wars.
>>
File: 1462678124388.jpg (124KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1462678124388.jpg
124KB, 1000x1000px
>>82635909
>you will never cuck /co/, /tv/, and /v/ at the same time by having a threesome with Joosten and Daisy
>>
>>82636051
No, I've seen TCW. She should have been executed for her crimes. If they were gonna kill Ahsoka, why wouldn't they kill Barriss?
>>
>>82636119
Should've, but not everyone gets their just desserts.
>>
Bloodline confirmed that Lando and Mon Mothma are still alive as late as 6 years before TFA, which is nice I guess.
>>
File: fel.jpg (42KB, 311x475px) Image search: [Google]
fel.jpg
42KB, 311x475px
>>82623933
Rogue squadron has one where the protagonist is Roan Fel, the guy whose grandson (?) would eventually rule the empire during the legacy era
>>
File: 1455517241346.gif (716KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1455517241346.gif
716KB, 480x270px
Be honest, anons. Is Rogue One going to be a good movie?
>>
>>82637018
TFA was great so I see no reason for why it wouldn't be at least a 5/10.
>>
>>82637018
It's a soft sci-fi flic, I go into this kind of movie to find some peace of mind, so I don't care for plotholes etc. as long as I'm entertained and the characters don't great me to much. That Cape Admiral looks promising, and at the very least I'll shitpost with you about it, which is also fun.
>>
>>82637018
I'm expecting a 3-4/10, since TFA was a 4/10 in my opinion.
>>
>>82637035
>TFA was great

Nice bait. 4/10.

>>82637018

It'll probably be a decent story overall. But I fear it'll have none of the cinematography and feel that'll make it look like a Star Wars movie. It'll probably be like TFA in that it's going to be like Maze Runner or Divergent, but with Star Wars props everywhere.
>>
>>82637169
>It'll probably be like TFA in that it's going to be like Maze Runner or Divergent, but with Star Wars props everywhere.
This is my worst nightmare.
>>
>>82637018
After TFA I have no clue of what to think about Star Wars movies.
Hopefully it's good? I doubt it though.
>>
Just finished Bloodline and it was a great book. Everything came together by the end, even the things that seemed to be unimportant at the start. Some key spoiler-related things that should be noted:

The book connects with at least three other new canon works: the Main Star Wars comic, the fourth Servants of the Empire book, and, I assume, Empire's End by Wendig (which of course we won't find out until next year if that's true).

It also calls the Visual Dictionary into question regarding the NR Senate. The TFAVD claims that the Senate switched host planets every so often to make people happy. Bloodline implied Hosnian Prime was the chosen planet for the Senate as soon as the NR was formed 20+ years ago. It also did nothing to stop the people from having pro-secession mindsets in the wake of the start of the First Order. (Centrists wanted the FO to rise and they wanted to pull their planets out of the NR system).
>>
File: 1455687043407.jpg (209KB, 756x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1455687043407.jpg
209KB, 756x1100px
>>82637035
>TFA was great

Nope.
>>
>>82637018
Personally, I think it'll be a great movie. The Han Solo movie is what I'm worried about.
>>
>>82618991
Kek
>>
>>82637018
TFA was a 9/10, but RO doesn't look that promising right now.
>>
File: 1460635216036.jpg (72KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1460635216036.jpg
72KB, 400x267px
>>82637275
> like Maze Runner or Divergent, but with Star Wars props everywhere

Anon please dont even joke about such things
>>
>>82637711
It was loved by pretty much everyone but the autists that visit this shithole.
Is it really that hard to believe I liked it?
>>
>>82637802
>It was loved by pretty much everyone but the autists that visit this shithole.

But that's wrong. The autists here liked it too, but this website has to be contrarian about everything so they can't admit it.
>>
>>82637850
It wasn't a bad movie.

It WAS a bad Star Wars movie.
>>
>>82637874
It felt just like the OT did.
>>
>>82637874
Oh god, don't pull that /v/ type of crap here. It's one of the dumbest arguments ever. If it's bad it's bad. The fact that you said it wasn't a bad movie, makes it a good movie, and therefore a good Star Wars movie. It felt just like the OT did. Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>82637018
I don't see why not.
Being on the outside of the main Sequel Trilogy means that the film can breathe some more and take a few more risks.
I liked TFA but it was too safe a film for me to love it, Rogue One isn't carrying 40 years of expectation and billions of dollars worth of investment in the same way TFA was and it's not planning for future movies 5-6 years down the line. It has more of an opportunity to be its own story.
Plus, I liked Monsters a lot. It wasn't remotely the movie I was expecting but it was a good film, so I've confidence in the director. Not so much the writers.
>>
File: 1461230273734.jpg (17KB, 429x399px) Image search: [Google]
1461230273734.jpg
17KB, 429x399px
>>82637896
The two main complains are that it was TOO much like ep 4 and that Rey is a mary sue type character. Personally I didnt really like the fact that another fuchuge superweapon went down like a bitch AGAIN and some smallish artistic/storyteling things but a generally pretty good movie.Also I believe a lot of people who complain about unexplained stuffexpect it to contain a trilogys worth of stuff that propablt wil be shown in the next ones. I just hope they are more original for the next movies, especially in the vehicle/planet design.
>>
>>82637977
But that's a legitimate argument. It's like if they made a MGS first person shooter. It could be an amazing FPS but that doesn't mean it's a good MGS game.
>>
>>82638214
Except you can completely play MGS4 from a FPS perspective, at least since MGS4 I believe.

If it was an amazing FPS then it's an amazing game, that just happened to change the MGS formula. The gameplay is what matters for games, just like the experience is what matters for movies. If it's good, it's good regardless of what name is on it. If it's bad, it's bad, regardless of what name is on. Regardless of how either of the two are done, etc.
>>
>>82637850
>>82637802

Here's your (You)

Keep the change, kid.
>>
>>82637896
No it didn't. It felt like the Star Trek Reboot.

>>82637977
No. Something can be good but also fail to establish the:
A) Feeling of the movie
B) General themes brought up in the series
3) Consistency

I didn't think it was a horrible movie. I just feel that it was lackluster as the first movie of the Sequel Trilogy.
>>
>>82638322
>It felt like the Star Trek Reboot.
Which felt like Star Wars.
>>
>>82638322
If something fails to do all of that within the franchise or series perimeters and general assumptions then it's bad.
>>
>>82638351
With more lens flare and modern humor
>>
>>82638372
Doesn't sound too bad.
>>
>>82637874
Are you autistic?
>>
>>82638365
No it means it's different.

>>82638351
In the basic skeleton of a plot, sure. But as a whole? No.
>>
File: Absolutes.webm (248KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutes.webm
248KB, 720x405px
>>82637711
I really can't wait for the next few movies to come out so the cycle of hatred dissipating into love/acceptance can happen so this damn argument can change into something else.
>>
>>82638447
Of course.

But seriously, I'm not saying TFA was bad. I'm just saying it was tonally different from most of the series. A little to grim after the high note of VI.

It was just a lackluster reboot in my opinion.
>>
>>82638458
>No it means it's different.
Which doesn't necessitate "It's a good X, but a bad Y" Being different doesn't mean that at all. It just means it's different.

>Did you enjoy your time watching the movie?
>Yes
It's a good movie.
>No
It's a bad movie.

Now it may have flaws that you didn't enjoy, but that doesn't mean it's a bad Star Wars movie. Because the same can be said of ESB and RotJ, both have flaws, both are good movies, both are good Star Wars movies, same as TFA and the PT. Sure some of them have more flaws than the others, but they're still good Star Wars movies and enjoyable experiences. You either enjoyed it or you didn't.
>>
File: Q9l84Vz.jpg (9KB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
Q9l84Vz.jpg
9KB, 640x272px
>>82638060
>I just hope they are more original for the next movies
Not gonna happen.>>82638351
>Which felt like Star Wars.
No. Nothing's happened in 32 years Fuck Disney.
>>
>>82638484
>so this damn argument can change into something else.
But it never does.
It's always the same argument with different films, they just go under different names.
OT-Purists, EU-Autists, Genndyfags, Sequel-Defenders, TFA-cocksuckers.
Jedi, Sith, Republic, Imperials, First Order, Separatists, Rebels, Resistance.
Everything changes and everything stays the same. It's all the same shit with you on one side and somebody else on the other. It never ends.
>>
>>82638523
>Which doesn't necessitate
I disagree. Would the general population want to see a Political Thriller about Fast and Furious? Or a love story Transformers?

Why is everything just good or bad? Only Sith deal in absolutes anon.

I'm done arguing this though because I hate when /tv/ gets us tearing at each other's throats.
>>
>>82638526
>Something has to happen every single year in the Star Wars universe!

Hate to break it to you, but that's realistic. Shit doesn't just pop off fucking constantly. Besides it'd make no sense for aging actors to be playing aged characters and shit only be like 5 years later.
>>
>>82638645
>just pop off fucking constantly
Tell that to Disney.
>>
>>82638618
>Would the general population want to see a Political Thriller about Fast and Furious? Or a love story Transformers?
Probably actually.

I just feel if you enjoyed the movie, then it did it's job. I don't think you'd personally like it better if it wasn't named Star Wars for instance.

But you're right, enough arguing. Lets get onto something actually discussion worthy.

What does everyone think the Ahsoka novel will go into it, we know it goes into her meeting Bail and her thoughts on Order 66. Anybody else think that maybe every 2 chapters will be a year of her life after leaving the Jedi Order? That would put it from Year 12 to Year 28, so 32 Chapters, sounds about right. Might be a bit jumpy in context though.
>>
>>82638705
>What does everyone think the Ahsoka novel will go into it,
Tomb Raider Ahsoka meeting with some ancient order of force users.
>>
>>82638523
>You either enjoyed it or you didn't.
Fuck no. You're just simplifying things, faggot. In a really retarded way, too.
>Because the same can be said of ESB and RotJ, both have flaws, both are good movies, both are good Star Wars movies, same as TFA and the PT. Sure some of them have more flaws than the others, but they're still good Star Wars movies and enjoyable experiences.
>>
>>82638645
Not him but I felt that the balance of power was a little hamfisted.
The Resistance are still the plucky underdogs and the First Order are presented for all intents and purposes just as all-powerful as the Empire were, if not more so.
I know that isn't technically the case but it's the impression the movie is trying to give. It's not that everything's exactly the same. It's more, to me at least, that it feels that the heroes from the OT didn't actually accomplish anything.
I'm perfectly fine with remnants of the Empire still holding some power, but if they're capable of blowing up 5 planets (which is worse than anything the Empire did) then what was the point of actually stopping the Emperor?
That all seemed too forced to me. Worldbuilding aside, I generally enjoyed TFA.
>>
>>82638741
>inb4 she meets the Force Priestesses so she can never truly die

I do wonder if they'll have Obi-Wan or at least Rex in the novel. She had to know Obi-Wan was alive, I'd imagine she may have come across Obi-Wan's message to all the Jedi, and Bail would have mentioned Obi-Wan and Yoda are still alive, but not mentioned anything of Vader being Anakin for obvious reason.
>>
File: 1461785925590s.jpg (2KB, 77x124px) Image search: [Google]
1461785925590s.jpg
2KB, 77x124px
Why can't we all just enjoy the parts of Star Wars we like and not attack each other for liking something different than our own tastes? Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad. And inversely just because you like something doesn't mean it's good. Personal tastes vary wildly. There's no one right or wrong way to enjoy star wars as long as you're enjoying it.

Just discuss and reply to the people that are talking about stuff you want to or start discussion about those topics and ignore the ones you don't like.

I mean, I know this is 4chan and none of what I just said will make any difference, but goddamn there's some really stupid arguing here sometimes.
>>
>>82638784
Read Bloodlines, it actually goes into the First Order a bit and gives some reason as to why they're as strong as they are.
>>
>>82638705
>and her thoughts on Order 66
Survivor's guilt.
She can only assume that Anakin died and she'll blame herself for not being there to help him. Little does she know...
>>
>>82638789
>yfw she visits Obi-wan and sees Luke
>yfw she wants the Luke
>>
>>82638792
Seriously, I love all the Star Wars movies. I mean I don't like AotC or TCW as much as say the rest of them, but I still enjoy them quite a lot. I love all Star Wars stuff, isn't that what being a fan is about? I mean there is shit I don't like Boba Fett's post-RotJ Legends, most post-RotJ Legends, some random Legends stuff in places in the Old Republic, Clone Wars, etc.

But they're all fun adventures in a galaxy far, far away. Chill out guys.
>>
>>82638705
1 chapter per year sounds it's not going to be heavy in action.

Maybe they'll do like Dark Disciple, just use some plot thread they intended for season 6 and 7 of TCW. What happened during the siege of Mandalore, her last meeting with Anakin before ROTS, and how she survived Order 66.
>>
>>82638814
I might do, but I shouldn't have to read books that come out six months after a movie's release to retroactively appreciate the movie more.
>>
>>82638863
>how she survived Order 66
Presumably by being nowhere near any clones(?)
>>
>>82638829
I'd really like if the novel ended right before the Siege of Lothal with her coming to terms with Anakin's death finally and thanking him for training her so she could survive, a lovely call back to TCW too and just lets you know whats about to transpire too.
>>82638852
>Ahsoka and Luke killing womp rats in T-16s
>>
>>82638792
>Just discuss and reply to the people that are talking about stuff you want to or start discussion about those topics and ignore the ones you don't like.
This isn't r\eddit.
>>
>>82638792
Because it's human nature to tear things apart to it's base parts and belittle every fault (no matter how insignificant), and chastise everyone for not having your 'superior tastes'

Opinions may change over time, but there's no ending shit that people have been doing to one another for generations.

>>82638860
Surprisingly sound logic. I used to be off-put by TCW myself, but I find myself coming around as of late and willing to give it a go.
>>
>>82638863
I think it'll be just the direct aftermath of RotS with unfinished episodes. Mostly Order 66 and her meeting Bail and the start of the Rebel Alliance.
>>82638864
It's less about appreciating the movie more and more that it's just a really good book that gives you what the movie should have.
>>82638887
Vader and the Inquisitors still hunted down Jedi in the early years of the Empire. It's likely Vader was looking for Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Ahsoka the entire time knowing they survived and could rebuild the order.
>>
>>82638705
If they bring back Barriss and make her all Dark Side I'm gonna be a little miffed.
In her confession, she explicitly warns the Jedi that they're falling to the Dark Side by being involved in the war, so why would she embrace the Dark Side herself?
Unless Sheev mindbreaks her, but that's a fairly cheap move.
>>
File: STFU.webm (1MB, 1680x700px) Image search: [Google]
STFU.webm
1MB, 1680x700px
>>82638860
>Chill out guys.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>82638906
>Surprisingly sound logic. I used to be off-put by TCW myself, but I find myself coming around as of late and willing to give it a go.

Same here, I remember hating the movie, but after watching TCW I have a newfound appreciation for it, it's still not perfect by any means, hell none of the movies are, but it's fun.

I remember when TCW film first came out and people were so up in arms about Ahsoka, and having to explain to people that Anakin had had a Padawan for years in Legends and I believe it was a female too, it didn't help people understand. I'm glad Ahsoka really came around though.
>>
>>82638864
It's not about appreciating the movie. It's understanding the damn story being told in Star Wars.
>>
>>82638935
Darth seemed to not know that Ahsoka survived until the Siege of Lothal. He might have had an inkling but there was no firm proof, hence why he reported it to the Emperor.
If Ahsoka's been facing off against Inquisitors, the Emperor would almost certainly already know about her.

If she did happen to be around some Clones at the time I imagine she'll be killing some of the ones we know from TCW
>>
>>82639058
Unless Ahsoka killed the Inquisitors that came after her and escaped to another planet. But yeah you're right.
>>
>>82639006
I watched TCW movie in 2008, hated it.
Watched it last year, hated it.
Watched TCW series and Ahsoka's one of my favorite SW characters now.
The movie and the first season and a half were a real slog for me, I don't look back on them too favorable but when the show hits it's stride, it hits hard.
If I watch TCW movie again, I might like it more now but I don't have any interest in seeing it a third time.
>>
>>82639130
Oh I agree mostly, I still don't like TCW as much, but I do have a new appreciation for it after TCW as a show.
>>
>>82638896
It's more common human decency than anything else.

>>82638906
More the nature of those sorely out of touch with proper conduct than anything else....

That and a trend with aspergers, but that's more because their whole brain takes truth as absolute, so when they see someone with a different opinion as their own they see their truth as violated and lash out at it.
>>
File: sw canon.png (1MB, 1904x5620px) Image search: [Google]
sw canon.png
1MB, 1904x5620px
>>
>>82637801
>Anon please dont even joke about such things

It's not a joke. That's literally what TFA was. Say what you will about Lucas, but he had a particular visual/cinematography style that JJ failed or didn't even bother to take into account. And in addition to other problems, it eventually just lead to a movie that had Star Wars in the title, and Star Wars props on screen. If Spielberg had taken the job instead of pussing out, we'd have probably had that since he and Lucas do those kind of things the same way.

But no. TFA was just a movie that tried to pass as something that looked like SW, and failed to do that because it had none of the essence of a Star Wars movie. I hope Rian Johnson realizes this and does better for the next one.
>>
>>82639255
I giggled
>>
File: leia.jpg (136KB, 2500x826px) Image search: [Google]
leia.jpg
136KB, 2500x826px
>>82639255
I can get behind this
>>
File: 1461827582911.jpg (15KB, 300x324px) Image search: [Google]
1461827582911.jpg
15KB, 300x324px
>>82639255
Now that's what I call autism.

I still laughed though, was a good joke.
>>
>the only people who didn't like TFA are clearly contrarian shitposters

>because that's what everyone who disagrees with me is! BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS RIGHT

This thread fucking sucks.
>>
File: manlet.png (558KB, 806x854px) Image search: [Google]
manlet.png
558KB, 806x854px
>>82639265
>I hope Rian Johnson realizes this and does better for the next one.
>googles
>WE'RE FUCKED
>>
>>82639018
So what you're saying is that you need to read the book to understand the movie?
>>
>>82639392

>This thread fucking sucks.

This is every thread, son. Many of /swco/ don't like TFA. And most who did are aware of it's massive flaws as a SW movie.
>>
>>82639430
>he didnt like looper
set photos look properly weird, i'm hopeful.
>>
>>82639470
I liked it though I did recognize flaws after I watched it
>>
>>82639439
Are you one of those idiots that thinks everything in Star Wars is and can only be stand-alone in the story? You need to accept that you will have to read books and comics and watch the cartoons to understand 100% of the story, while the movies only touch on a minority-level of it.
>>
>>82639470
I loved it, I recognize it has flaws. Just like ANH, ESB, RotJ, TPM, AotC, RotS, TCW, TCW Show, Rebels, etc.
>>
>>82639483
My asshole could make a better movie than Looper. Rian is terrible. Still. He can't be worse than Abrams.
>>
>>82639439

I'm not that anon, but yeah. TFA left out alot of information that would've helped audiences to understand what the fuck was going on.
>>
>>82639265
TFA was excellent visually, the actors had direction, the cgi wasn't in your face, the list goes on.
The problem was the script which was written by a fanboy (Abrams) and a one-hit wonder (Kasdan).
>>
>>82639430
On a positive note anon, he did the best episodes of Breaking Bad. He's also much more involved in the franchise than J.J was as he helped Claudia Grey with tidbits in Bloodline and is heavily involve with Episode 9 as well. Plus, unlike J.J, Rian is more likely to use concepts and ideas from the Prequels such as aliens from that era or starships. Also, based Rian brought back the A-wing. I think he understands Star Wars more than J.J does desu
>>
>>82639505
>the movies only touch on a minority-level of it
pffft
>>
>>82639491
>>82639512
Unfortunately, it's an era of absolutes. If it's not 100% gold, it's absolute shit. There is no middle ground, or rather, fan mentality forbids the existence of one.

>>82639200
I hate falling back on 'burger logic seeing as I have it, but I see some truth to it. At the risk of sounding elitist, it shames me to be associated with the more extreme and out of control examples out there.
>>
>>82639584
>books and comics outnumber the movies
>>
>>82639505
If it's pertinent to the story that the movies are trying to tell then yes, absolutely, that needs to be in the movies, 100%. This shouldn't even be up for discussion.
Additional adventures, back-stories and trivia and what not can be in the supplementary material. That's what it's there for, it's supplementary.
>>
>>82639470
>massive flaws
They went too far with Starkiller, and the soundtrack, while still great, was a bit underwhelming.
Everything else was fantastic, 8/10.
You faggots of course have to pretend to hate it, like always.
>>
We're still talking about TFA? wat

Let's talk about Episode 8 instead.
What will happen to Rey and Kylo Ren for starters?
I hope they do a switch, Rey gets afraid of her powers, goes dark and Kylo Ren turns light.
>>
>>82639255
ebin
>>
>>82639607
/swco/ being full of Sith posters confirmed
>>
File: Sith.jpg (236KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sith.jpg
236KB, 1920x1080px
This thread is getting a little bit too absolute in their arguments. Lets post some Sith to make up for that.
>>
>>82639607
>fan mentality forbids the existence of one

Because most 'fans' are autistic as fuck about everything they don't personally like or agree with.
>>
>>82639621
Star Wars suffers from the Zelda effect where people hate the newest edition until a newer one comes out then they hate that one and start to adore the older one
>>
File: Darth Revan, Malak & Sith Troops.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Revan, Malak & Sith Troops.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
>>82639650
>>
>>82639630
nothing exciting will happen, they do a rematch, Kylo wins, see you in 2020.
>>
File: sithwarrior1.jpg (211KB, 1280x1052px) Image search: [Google]
sithwarrior1.jpg
211KB, 1280x1052px
>>82639650
I want to see more sith shit in the new movies.
>>
File: Sith 1.jpg (75KB, 1028x777px) Image search: [Google]
Sith 1.jpg
75KB, 1028x777px
>>82639650
Star Souls
>>
File: 1459975207325.gif (100KB, 600x310px) Image search: [Google]
1459975207325.gif
100KB, 600x310px
>>82639650
best Sith
>>
>>82639666
Everything suffers from the Zelda Cycle these days, or as I like to call it, the getting old and bitter/cynical as fuck about everything new and young.
>>
File: nlvwpdyvxgeflfyucszb.jpg (52KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
nlvwpdyvxgeflfyucszb.jpg
52KB, 800x572px
>>82639650
>>
>>82639618
>supplementary
No anon. Everything is equal now and that makes it all just as important. Even if it isn't in the movies, it still counts as much as they do. Forget the old ways.
>>
>>82639734
>>82639666
I always saw as some unfortunate case of the unpleasable fanbase. Everything is shit because it's nothing like, too much like/ or exactly the same as something.
>>
>>82639734
I don't really understand that mentality. I've always looked forward to the next edition of a franchise and enjoyed it regardless of flaws
>>
File: 1453917805093.jpg (69KB, 550x710px) Image search: [Google]
1453917805093.jpg
69KB, 550x710px
>>82639505
>>
>>82639858
Yep, it as to specifically cater to them and them only or they hate it and if it caters too hard, they hate it.

Really they're just gonna hate it to hate it.
>>82639881
Because those type of people are typically retarded as fuck.
>>
>>82639569
>On a positive note anon, he did the best episodes of Breaking Bad
I guess that's something but still. Directing a big movie is harder that TV.
> I think he understands Star Wars more than J.J does desu
Which is basically saying he understands Star Wars more than not at all.
>>
>>82639858
I know people complained about it, but I enjoyed the motion controls in Skyward Sword. It made defeating the enemies more of a challenge. Also, I know a lot of people hated Demise, but I thought he was imposing as fuck and much more terrifying than Ganondorf
>>
>>82639505
My original gripe wasn't even that I don't understand where the First Order come from, it was that having them act as Empire 2.0 with a bigger, badder Death Star and making the heroes the plucky little rebels again seemed a contrived and unimaginative prospect after leaving Luke & Co. having saved the Galaxy and looking to restore the Republic in RotJ.
I appreciate that Bloodlines might do an excellent job of establishing why the First Order are so strong in the Galaxy, but the basic concept of seeing the underdog Resistance fight the Imperialistic Stormtroopers AGAIN is really unappealing to me. It doesn't seem like a natural progression of the story, it seems like a plot built on minimizing financial risk and it undermines the triumphant conclusion of the original films.
That being said, I reiterate, I still liked TFA.
>>
File: 1453296781749.png (12KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1453296781749.png
12KB, 493x402px
>>82639666
Don't bring in Zelda into this. The first games were literally the best games of all time, it's not weird that the later games couldn't live up it its own reputation.
>>
>>82639939
>Which is basically saying he understands Star Wars more than not at all
See. He's already a step ahead of J.J. Plus, he'll defiantly give the ST more flavor to it than just a remake of ANH
>>
>>82640053
>Zelda
>even remotely good ever
decent bait, would (you) again
>>
File: 1459458518623.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1459458518623.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>82640150
It's not my fault your taste sucks, anon.
>Plus, he'll defiantly give the ST more flavor to it than just a remake of ANH
I'm more worried about the future SW in general than the trilogy. I don't see how they can make me care about Rey or Finn at this point.
>>
>>82640053
It's not about how good OOT is I'm talking about. When WW came out everybody was upset about it not being OOT in style and not realistic enough due to cell shading. When TP came out everyone hated it it for being too OOT like. Then when SS came out, everyone hated it for being a mix of the 2. I still love them all though
>>
>>82640228
Luke's gonna steal the show anyways.
>>
>>82640323
Forgot to add, when the new installment came out, everyone loved it and hated the new one. When TP came out everyone now loved WW and when SS came out everyone loved TP
>>
>>82640323
And when NX comes out, people will hate it and talk about how great SS is.

I think it's just a matter of different kids/teens playing the games and having fond memories and as they get older they hate the newer games so they shit talk them and newer kids/teens like them.
>>
File: 1462423936021.jpg (229KB, 866x898px) Image search: [Google]
1462423936021.jpg
229KB, 866x898px
Honestly when you're the one making this stuff, you ignore the scum of the fanbase anyway. Listen and respond to constructive criticism and fans who aren't cynical spergs. I know a few people in the industry who won't even do that much now though.
>>
>>82635023
I think Obi-Wan and Yoda lied about his request for a padawan, and their plan to give Anakin a padawan by "accident" was a group effort.
>>
>>82640542
Wasn't Anakin under the impression that she was gonna be Obi Wan's new pupil. Then when it's revealed to Anakin that she's actually his apprentice, he looks at Obi Wans smug face and says "I'm beginning to think this was your idea" or something like that?
>>
File: infinity.jpg (255KB, 1500x1004px) Image search: [Google]
infinity.jpg
255KB, 1500x1004px
Just a heads up, Disney just cancelled Infinity. Apparently the bubble burst and they lost a bundle on it.

so if you want that cheap plastic Kylo Ren figure, you better go down to your local store and buy it.
>>
File: 1461773534447.png (414KB, 1230x688px) Image search: [Google]
1461773534447.png
414KB, 1230x688px
>>82640323
I know what you're trying to say but it still doesn't work.
>>
>>82639563
>TFA was excellent visually

In general, yes. For a Star Wars movie, not quite. It failed to capture the visual language that the other six had. And because of this it felt nothing like a Star Wars movie.
>>
>>82640738
>Disney just cancelled Infinity
Damn, I thought shit like this was a cash cow.
>>
>>82640738
>>82640802
Pretty much what he said. The ain't amiibos but I still thought they bought them nontheless
>>
>>82640228
At this point, it's shaky ground no matter ehat happens. It's shaky because of pandering to opinions that are more influential now than when ANH was released. You could have the greatest work ever created, and it will be shat on for not featuring some omnisexual transgenderfluid MC played by a transgendered person of color. The makers spend so much time trying to cater to these opinions while trying ot keep things more hip and modern, the film quality suffers as a result.

And don't get me started on the overemphasis on special effects, though I now realize that the fault is with the viewers in that case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE

I think back to this, and it makes more and more sense. But, unfortunately, it's become more and more clear that it's not what this generation of the general public wants. It's no longer about making something meaningful; it's about making a quick buck by appealing to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>82640738
Thanks for the thumbs up. I still need to get Poe, Han and Chewie. Pity though. I was hoping for more Star Wars figures down the line
>>
>>82640802
>>82640904

apparently it flopped so hard, Disney won't be publishing games anymore.

they will just pay other publishers, like EA, to do it.

https://twitter.com/benfritz/status/730133417506045952
>>
>>82640771
Perhaps pokemon is a better example then when it comes to new regions and new pokemon then
>>
>>82640738
>>82640802
>>82640904
>>82640944
>Disney buys LucasFilm and shuts down LucasArts
>Disney shuts down Infinity and their own publishing house

Disney can't into vidya themselves, can they?
>>
File: 1460278002083.jpg (632KB, 971x416px) Image search: [Google]
1460278002083.jpg
632KB, 971x416px
>>82640906
I completely agree. Wanna hear a joke? A feminist, a nigger and a social justice warrior walks into a bar. Sorry, I can't finish this joke because it's too offensive.
>>
>>82641002
It now means that Disney Infinity is no longer a way to escape from an EA controlled Star Wars Video game
>>
>>82640649
I haven't seen the movie in a while, but I remember that being how it went down.
>>
>>82641002
No they can't. They tried to bank that kids wanted to buy all those toys like Skylanders, which already has the market cornered kid wise, with Amiibos having the adult market cornered.

Honestly they never should have tried in the first place, they try their hardest to cater to kids far too much and it ends up blowing up in their faces. Didn't help that Infinity was kind of garbage as far as games go.
>>
File: 1451631588912.png (253KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1451631588912.png
253KB, 540x540px
>>82641076
Don't remind me. How long until the 10 year deal is up?
>>
>>82640649
Oh, Obi-Wan, you're such a good friend.
It's all fun and games until your fighting for your life on Malachor
>>
File: kot.jpg (36KB, 345x312px) Image search: [Google]
kot.jpg
36KB, 345x312px
>>82641076
>mfw a Star Wars mod for Stellaris
I don't even need your shitty 2 hour single player games
>>
>>82640775
I thought it felt immensely like a Star Wars movie. It's the prequels that didn't feel the same as the originals.
>>
File: 1451008879564.png (307KB, 1112x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1451008879564.png
307KB, 1112x1000px
>>82641076
REEEEEEEE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfMf3YrOL3M
>>
>>82641076
Maybe not for you but I was playing Battlefront 2 yesterday and that shit still holds up as far as light, Star Wars escapism is concerned.
Floating around and zapping rebel scum to death on my Death Star is one of life's true pleasures.
>>
>>82641143
It's up in 2020. 4 1/2 more years to go and at least 4 more games to go, Bioware, Visceral, DICE, and Respawn.

So we got. Unknown, Open-World RPG, Battlefront 2, Titanfall meets Star Wars?
>>
>>82641269
>Battlefront 2
They've brought in the Supers!
>>
>>82641263
The sad thing is that I'm not even sure if this chart is up to date.
>>
I read Star Wars comics to not forget that even the mediocre comics I read are alright. This is the low end of my scale. Why is it so hard to write a decent SW comic?
>>
Heh.
>>
File: 1446661924985.jpg (37KB, 564x459px) Image search: [Google]
1446661924985.jpg
37KB, 564x459px
>>82641385
>>
File: excellent.jpg (20KB, 364x334px) Image search: [Google]
excellent.jpg
20KB, 364x334px
>>82641385
Based Pablo at it again.
>>
>>82641143
It lasts until 2022 I believe.

>>82641224
Until TFA, the Prequels were literally 50% of the Star Wars movies. They have their own feel, but they are just as much Star Wars movies as the Originals. An entire Generation grew up on them, and other demographics, especially Asia, grew up PREFERRING them. Remember when China only just had a theatrical release of ANH last year, and they all complained it was overrated?

This "it does/doesn't feel like Star Wars" when referring to a Star Wars movie is absolutely ridiculous IMO.

Especially when TCW blurred the line by showcasing the Prequel Era in different genres, or in more OT-esque tones, AND now Lucasfilm/Disney is working on Spin-Off's in different genres.

Every Star Wars movie is a Star Wars movie. Some will look and feel like the Originals, especially if the director is banking on nostalgia to get a good reception. And other times, they will be a bit more daring and try to branch out in different ways, like the prequels did. Just how Star Wars is. I've always personally liked that, both sides have merits, so I really disagree that a movie has to intentionally match up with the Originals in tone for it to be a legitimate SW movie in the eyes of the fans.

I mean, if James Cameron had that mentality when following up on Alien, we wouldn't have Aliens. Game over man, game over!
>>
>>82641459
>especially Asia, grew up PREFERRING them
Tbh, I kind of envy how places like Japan have the same voice actors for all 6 films and TCW. Also, it kind of makes sense as to why Japan has more art of the PT than the OT now
>>
File: 1453298738670.jpg (1MB, 1637x1164px) Image search: [Google]
1453298738670.jpg
1MB, 1637x1164px
>>82641459
>I mean, if James Cameron had that mentality when following up on Alien, we wouldn't have Aliens.
And nothing of value would have been lost.
>>
>>82641383
Because comics can only have so much dialogue and exposition without being massively long like a Shounen for example.
>>
>>82641526
Even then look at a lot of kids now that grew up on the PT, they're more fond of those than they are the OT or at least equally fond. It's just different times, or at the very least you're more fond of what you seen/played/etc. first than what actually came first.
>>
My SW knowledge is limited so apologies if this is a dumb question but has there been a character who's part of the rebellion who was previously a separatist?
I've seen characters go from defending the Republic to supporting the Rebellion (like Bail Organa, Ahsoka and Rex) and characters defending the Republic and transitioning to the Empire (like Tarkin and Anakin but what happens to the CIS supporters?
I get that there isn't the same continuity between the Separatists and the Rebellion, but you'd think that those fighting the Republic would be the first to rise up against the Empire.
>>
File: Waxer tears.png (671KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Waxer tears.png
671KB, 1920x816px
>Star Wars Bloodline
>Chapter 23
>>
>>82641743
What happened? I didn't read Bloodlines
>>
>>82641674
That we know of so far, just Lux Bonteri. He left the Seperatists when his mother died, and helped start the Onderon Rebellion, which is confirmed still part of the greater Rebellion by Kallus in S2 of Rebels.

Although he didn't mention Lux, so Lux may be long dead by this point. Maybe we'll find out in the upcoming Ahsoka book.
>>
>>82641630
I mean, what's the problem with that though? The first BPRD arc covered like 12 trades and was a comprehensive, well thought out, and well written story. It can be done, I've seen it be done. It just ISN'T done with SW. We're given shallow dialog and forgettable stories with no real weight to them. I wish that wouldn't be the case.
>>
>>82641756

Basically its a hologram of Bail Organa telling Leia how much he and his wife love her, a message that never got to her only thirty years after their deaths. Also, its revealed to the entire galaxy that Darth Vader is indeed the father of Luke and Leia and it irrevocably destroys her reputation.
>>
>>82641674
All the leaders of the Separatists were killed in ROTS; Anakin killed off the de facto leader (Dooku) and all the people behind the different organizations running the CIS while Obi-wan killed Grievous. All the planets that believed it was a legitimate cause were summarily defeated and forced into the Empire with no way for them to act out again. All (or almost all) of the organizations that made up the CIS were liquidated and absorbed into the Empire, as well. There was just no one left on that side of the war to fight back with the rebels.

>>82641756
It's the chapter when everything goes wrong.

>>82641743
>"I regret readmitting the death penalty on Riosa so soon." I will miss Casterfo so much.
>>
>>82641833

You know, I thought Casterfo was going to be an insufferable faggot and the obvious novel's antagonist. I'm so glad he wasn't and became so much more awesome than I could ever realize. Gone too soon.
>>
>>82641788
Lux kind of counts, I suppose, but his rebels were Republic aligned. I was more thinking of somebody who never reconciled with belief in the Republic before "turning good" and joining the Rebellion.

On a side note, I wouldn't mind if Ahsoka had gone to Onderon and began a relationship with Lux. It would be nice for her to find some happiness...
>>
>>82641938
>On a side note, I wouldn't mind if Ahsoka had gone to Onderon and began a relationship with Lux.
I don't think she would've done that, especially after Order 66. She fell of the grid. The rebels knew who she was, so there was nothing that would've stopped Vader going there and finding someone who was "willing" to talk.
>>
File: bounty.jpg (714KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
bounty.jpg
714KB, 3264x2448px
I'll be someone's art bitch for the summer if they can get me an Ahsoka Black series figure. Can't find her anywhere locally.

>>82641008
Damn, that green is pretty.

>>82640738
Thank the Maker someone sent Ahsoka my way last month. Too bad Hera won't show up.
>>
>>82642011
Besides, the Onderon rebels are being held for a much different story, it seems. They royally fucked up Kallus' Imperial team, and they are always mentioned as the "most deadly, most dangerous rebel cell" when spoken about. They deserve better than being shown again with Ahsoka's story.
>>
>>82642099
Personally, I'd go for anyone that isn't Zuvio, Finn, or the Firetrooper. Those are the only ones I ever see aside from the exceptionally rare Poe and Kylo sighting
>>
>>82641459
>other demographics, especially Asia, grew up PREFERRING them
That makes sense. If it's dubbed in their language, they don't have to endure the awful acting and can actually enjoy the action and focus on what's going on.
>>
>>82642011
She could have had a Summer romance if she was quick about it, I think, I'm not sure how long the timeline between her leaving the Jedi and Order 66 is.
I don't really know where else she would go after leaving the Temple, she didn't really have any other non-Jedi/Clone friends, I guess we'll see.
But yeah, after Order 66, any plans she had go south. She's probably got just enough time to figure out who she is outside of a Jedi and what she wants from life before her life is ripped out from under her again and she's on the run...
>>
>>82641554
Fuck you buddy.
>>
>>82642289
There were a few months between her exiting the order and Order 66, and personally, I don't think she would've gone to see Cux. She probably would've gone to her homeworld, Shili.
>>
>>82642361
And also adding, I bet she didn't want anybody in the order to find her. Obi-Wan and Anakin were there in Onderon to help the rebels so they know she's at least an acquaintance with Lux
>>
>>82642403
We know she was still on Coruscant for a bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEbWuGMJMxA
>>
>>82642240
There was a while where all we had was Kylo Ren, Poe and those Guavian guys. The last of the remaining Poes are still holding on hope in the Wal-Mart stores here, but they will forever be peg warmers.

I'm sure to get fucked when Revan comes out too.
>>
>>82642361
>Shili
Makes sense. I suppose it's a good "finding yourself" location, even if it is a cliché.
I'm not sure it's much safer than Onderon though. I mean, if I was a Galactic Empire looking for a Togrutan Jedi, I'd probably search the Togrutan home world first. Makes for a teary reunion with Mr & Mrs Tano as the first stormtrooper boots touch the ground.
>>
>>82642506
This is before Order 66 is ordered though. When that Order is given I'm sure she would've fled and headed deep into the Outer Rim to escape the Purge.
>>
>>82642361
>>82642506
>Shili
Can't believe Ahsoka is a fucking shill.
>>
File: Te5E1wE.jpg (150KB, 1024x730px) Image search: [Google]
Te5E1wE.jpg
150KB, 1024x730px
>>82642299
Aliens doesn't compare to Alien.
>>
Things I would change about The Force Awakens.

> Change the pacing at times because it feels like it goes by too fast in some scenes, like when Finn and Poe crash but we don't see it, I get we dont need that if its obvious what happens but the way the film does it makes it hard to think about what is being said right before the next scene starts. Many scenes are like this right before Rey comes along.

>Speaking of the Finn/Poe crash, maybe having them eject at different times from the TIE would make more sense as to why they get separated, maybe Finn finds the TIE after Poe has already wandered off in the desert, then add a scene where Poe gets in a small transport ship so we know how he found his way out of the planet. How his jacket gets left behind would be harder to write this way tho.

> Instead of Starkiller base getting destroyed, they would have decided instead to destroy the command center of the First Order, forcing them to evacuate the planet and leaving it under control of the Resistance. This would make Starkiller base more prominent in the new trilogy and would be a good way for Leia to have her own conflict, as she must decide whether the Resistance should use this same weapon against their enemies, the conflict inside her could stress her out and lead her to make some tough decisions, perhaps this was part of Snoke's master plan to corrupt the Republic from within.

> Make Captain Phasma the one to yell traitor at Finn, she would get shot by Han like it happens to the random trooper, but she would get back up and they would comment on how tough her armor actually is.

> Later they could find Phasma and force her to lower the shields, they would ask her about how the First Order built the base, she would clarify that it was first built by the ancient Sith, then abandoned, then found by the Empire and kept as a secret weapon and completed and then found again by the First Order. This would not only help explain how the First Order managed to...
>>
>>82642708
Did she forget her pants or something?
>>
>>82642403
Doesn't she mention something about last seeing Anakin running of to help the Chancellor in Rebels?
I thought that implied that they ran into each other at least once after she'd left.

>>82642547
I thought we didn't know when it was set yet? If the book is supposed to span from her leaving the order until the Soege of Lothal, it'll have to cover Order 66.
>>
File: 1450469495664.jpg (218KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1450469495664.jpg
218KB, 500x700px
>>82642734
>Did she forget her pants or something?
Girls just love attention.
>>
>>82642708
Alien is better, yeah, but Aliens is good too.
>>
>>82642824
I never talked about the book. I was just saying where and when Ahsoka would go after leaving the order. Shili seems like a good choice.
>>
>>82642730
Good.
>>
>>82642862
>Girls just love attention.
>Girl """knight""" in the pic seemingly uncomfortable with a knight flirting with her.
>>
File: 1433359448751.jpg (3MB, 3848x3984px) Image search: [Google]
1433359448751.jpg
3MB, 3848x3984px
>>82642730
Here's the better version
>Write a story
>Don't copy EP4
>Give the protagonist actual character
>Don't make Finn just a joke character
>No Starkiller base
>>82642876
>Alien is better, yeah, but Aliens is good too.
It's good but it's not Alien, really. Xenomorph in Alien was basically the perfect killer. Xenomorphs in Aliens are walking crabs. Like literally. Tons of them can't kill a couple of marines. It's just dumb.
>>
>>82640738
Well, now I'm never gonna get a Dooku, Sheev or Grievous figure
>>
>>82642972
>Aliens are walking crabs
Why would you need to emphasise the "walking" aspect? Crabs do walk, that's a normal crab thing.
>>
>>82642972
The alien in the first movie was dangerous because it was on a ship. If they tried to kill it, the acid would burn through the ship and they'd all die. Also, they were space truckers with no combat experience. You can't compare that to a platoon of hardened space marines.

If you just prefer the tone of Alien to Aliens for having a single dangerous monster, fine, but it definitely makes sense in-universe.
>>
File: 1448324935563.png (837KB, 640x816px) Image search: [Google]
1448324935563.png
837KB, 640x816px
>>82642991
>Sheev
>Grievous
>Hera

Why even live?
>>
>>82643104
I... I don't recognize that character in your pic, who was she?
>>
File: 1415241272520.jpg (83KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1415241272520.jpg
83KB, 640x480px
>>82643033
>Crabs do walk, that's a normal crab thing.
See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dyQlZziHnw>>82643063
Nooooo. Xenomorphs are awesome killers. The ones you see in Aliens are retarded. Obviously it was different because they were normal people but they were surrounded by them in the beginning of the movie and they didn't die. Ie, the movie is fucked in terms of logic. It's NOT about tone. It's about changing a character into something it wasn't.
>>
>>82643189
A medically trained Jedi
>>
>>82642730

> [managed to] build the base, but it would make hardcore fans shit their pants at the connection to the possibly new canon EU, Maz mentioned the Sith so there would be no problem including it.

> Instead of Rey figuring out how to use the force as soon as Kylo mentions it, I would have Kylo push her into a tree or something and have her knocked out for a bit, as Kylo approaches her to finish the job she would hear a voice in her head saying "Use the Force, Rey" "Let go Rey" and surprise Kylo by suddenly getting pushed back by her. This would be an interesting tie in to Luke and would have fans wonder who's voice it was until the next movies. Also make it more mystical when she figures out she can do this.

> Have Leia go with Rey and Chewie to the hidden planet because why the fuck she wouldn't?

> Instead of R2 being in sleep mode, have him be with Luke in the planet at the end, so that its clear that he kept Luke company and get fans excited to see him as well.

> I would redesign Luke's lightsaber to be a bit thinner, because in the movie it looks too big, like you could barely hold it in your hands.
>>
>>82643444
>> Have Leia go with Rey and Chewie to the hidden planet because why the fuck she wouldn't?
Anon...
>>
>>82642730
I would give Han a much lesser role or mone at all and make Poe feature more. Maz and her castle can fuck off, too. Rey discovers Anakin's lightsaber when she meets Leia.
>>
>>82634332
He would have but death cut him short. Not as short as Maul was cut, but you get the idea.

He had much more good works he could have done, and perhaps even completed his training so that he could truly manifest after death.
>>
>>82641385

Wasn't this always common knowledge though?

He took the name Coruscant from the Thrawn trilogy, but he ignored Zahn's descriptions of it to go with his own ideas.
>>
File: 0903 - n7lmC8C.jpg (48KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
0903 - n7lmC8C.jpg
48KB, 488x750px
How to really make a TFA great movie
>THE FORCE AWAKENS
>Grakky wakes up one morning to devour his breakfast but, THE FORCE AWAKENS!
>Make it about Jakky, a crime lord Hutt that becomes a Jedi Knight
>He's always surrounded by sexy Twi'Leks
>Throughout the three movies he grows stronger in the force and defeats Snoke
>>
>>82643711
Would he be as fit as Grakkus?
>>
File: 0712 - CQUGO01.png (514KB, 479x593px) Image search: [Google]
0712 - CQUGO01.png
514KB, 479x593px
>>82643741
Yes. He's also great with the ladies.
>>
>>82643711
>sexy Twi'Leks
Already better than TFA
>>
>>82643691
I think it accurate to say that people believed they were because they were allowed to exist. Lucas did have some input on matters, after all, and he gladly accepted the money the EU was making him.

HOWEVER that's the perception, and an easy one to acquire. At least that's how I see it. The truth is they weren't part of Lucas' vision and he always allowed the EU to exist in the void between stories insofar as he hadn't personally filled it. His inputs were more about things he didn't want to see, and confusion he wanted to avoid. Which is, as I have always heard it, where Anakin Solo's death came from.
>>
>>82640738
Fucking hell Disney, how can you fuck up that badly.
>>
>>82645730
From what I heard 3.0 was finally to the point where it was pretty fun, but still not quite there. Previous sets were not quite that good....

They just basically fucked up from the beginning and only got it to the point where they had a decent product recently.
>>
File: Bib Fortuna.gif (994KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Bib Fortuna.gif
994KB, 500x281px
>Star Wars: Battlefront 2 just got announced for 2017
What the fucking fuck?
>>
>>82646290
What
No fucking way
>>
>>82646290
that sucks, guess normies funded the failure that is EAfront.

Here is hoping the sequel does badly enough so that EA gets their game rights for star wars taken away for good.
>>
We're watching Spectre followed by The First Avenger in the Stream for those interested.

>>82646290
WAT
>>
File: PpYrOeo.jpg (66KB, 681x458px) Image search: [Google]
PpYrOeo.jpg
66KB, 681x458px
>>82646290
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-2-confirmed-features-content/1100-6439682/
BRAVO EA

Instead of adding more content to your poor starving game you ditch it and have another one!
>>
>>82646290
>things we already knew were going to happen
>>
>>82646290
>>82646493
>>82646512
>>82646516

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V983mAYs804

>Based on the new movies (Presumably 7 and 8, as 9 won't be close to out yet.)
>Clone Wars probably NEVER EVER

>Motive and Visceral are working together on a Star Wars Action Game for 2018

>Respawn just started on another game for 2019

I'm simultaneously excited and let down. Such is life when you deal with EA.
>>
>>82646545
Well Battlefront's DLC doesn't even end until 2017, so a lot of people assumed that BF2 would be 2018 at the earliest, but nope.
>>
>>82646290
They just need to make Battlefield with a Star Wars skin and add the prequel era and I'll be happy. Also make it less casual and add classes and NO health-regeneration.
>>
>>82646555
I thought Visceral was doing an Open-World ARPG, just didn't have anything to do with 1313 or Han Solo?
>>
>>82646493
>>82646529
You knew this was going to happen, look at how long it took them to make the first Battlefront on existing engines and hardware. Of course the next one wouldn't be out until Ep. VIII. Hell they rushed the first one just to get it out for TFA, of course they'd rush this one too for VIII.
>>
>>82646728
I knew it was going to happen. What I didn't know is that it was going to be this soon.
>>
>>82646683
Visceral was brought in very early on, and the only thing they have said about it is that it is similar to 1313.

This is very loose though. They could mean "It's about Boba" or "It's about Coruscant" or "It's about Bounty Hunters" or "It's a 3rd Person Shooter", we don't really know much else about it.

We knew recently Motive and Respawn were working on games, I think some people here speculated Respawn were working with Dice for BF2. But now we have confirmation that Motive is working with Visceral, and Respawn is doing their own game.
>>
>>82646796
Sounds about right actually, typical development for an FPS.
>>
>>82646493
http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/10/the-disney-infinity-franchise-is-over-as-entertainment-company-pulls-out-of-console-games/

Visceral in 2018
>>
>>82646864
Hmm, I swore I remember reading somewhere that it had ARPG elements to it and was open-world, and being worked on by Amy Hennig, Jade Raymond, and Todd Stashwick.

Oh well either way. It is a bit of a shame that it seems all of their games are going to be focused on the Anthology or ST, a real shame. They had an opportunity to really expand the nucanon and Disney and EA are too focused on "Shill our movies with games!".
>>
New MSW leak about VIII: http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/exclusive-details-on-tom-hardys-role-in-star-wars-episode-viii/

It's strange. Just a few days ago, there was a rumor about Rey getting her ass slapped by a stormtrooper and now it's Finn who is getting his ass slapped by a stormtrooper. Either the leakers are confusing something or Rian Johnson has a fetish.
>>
>>82647007
Probably saw the leak and they got in trouble for having a woman getting slapped on the ass, so they quickly decided, NOPE, PUT FINN THERE INSTEAD, THAT'LL GET THE FANGIRLS AND FINN/POE SHIPS GOING!

Also if that's really in the movie that's a stupid fucking scene and makes no fucking sense in the context of fucking anything, even if Snoke has decided to start using Clones instead.
>>
>>82647133
Most people aren't as overly sensitive as you think. But I guess a scene like this would be cut out anyway, but for different reasons.

>Also if that's really in the movie that's a stupid fucking scene and makes no fucking sense in the context of fucking anything, even if Snoke has decided to start using Clones instead.

I guess the scene would show us that Snoke and Hux haven't informed most of their troops about Finn's betrayal to not give anyone ideas. Makes sense to me.
>>
>>82647007
Big guy in star wars? Rian johnson promising not to do ESB rehash? Maybe i might see it.
>>
>>82647339
Oh I get it, and yeah not everybody is as sensitive as I'm making them out to be. I still think the scene is stupid, a bro/sports slap on the ass followed by a good job being a spy man, have fun?

That just feels so out of place it's weird. Like I can imagine a pat on the back or a handshake, but a slap on the ass in Star Wars? Felt odd when it happened to Ahsoka too in TCW.
>>
>>82646555
But
But, there's already a Battlefront 2
Jesus fuck, it's the XBone all over again
>>
>>82647007
Phasma slaps everyone on the butt now. I can dig it.

It would mean she has a little Mandalorian in her but so be it.
>>
File: Dookooo_74d5bc_5808772.jpg (36KB, 500x520px) Image search: [Google]
Dookooo_74d5bc_5808772.jpg
36KB, 500x520px
Do I need to read Bloodline?

Im about 4 chapters in and Im awfully bored. Honestly most of these new canon books are boring.

Tarkin was good, but everything else I have to force myself to read. It took me weeks to read Lord of The Sith, I gave up on Heir to The Jedi halfway through, and I don't even want to talk about Aftermath. Ive been going back to Legends and those feel like stories. Not long form scripts all these read like.
>>
File: kylo-ren-snl-1024.jpg (165KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren-snl-1024.jpg
165KB, 1024x768px
>>82618991
>because you’re Kylo Ren
Nigga, every knows hes fucking Matt the Radar Technician.
>>
>>82650136
>>
>>82649941
If you want to know how the New Republic became so corrupt, then I suppose it's an important read, it does lay out how Leia became a pariah in galactic politics. But if you don't like a book then never force yourself to push through and read it, unless you're really bored.
>>
>>82650136
>>82650288
"Your son is dead, Han Solo. He was weak so I destroyed him. But I'll let you in on a little secret. I'm not really Kylo Ren, either. Kylo Ren doesn't exist. I was always Matt, Radar Technician."

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN
>>
I had a sudden thought. EA is doing all the Star Wars games. EA has Bioware.

Jesus Christ Bioware could do another Star Wars game. Think it could happen after they wrap up ME:A?

Think it could actually be good if it ever happens?

>>82650525
I've found getting the audiobook and listening to it while I work on stuff generally works pretty well for getting through the new Star Wars book that I can't get into. That and the narration actually makes it more palatable.
>>
>>82650613
EA announced Bioware would do Star Wars games in their first announcement, alongside Dice and Visceral. But there's been no news since then, so I am skeptical that's still happening.
>>
File: buckyluke.jpg (59KB, 541x331px) Image search: [Google]
buckyluke.jpg
59KB, 541x331px
What do you faggots think of this?
>>
>>82650668
Well, ME:A did get delayed, so maybe they are just waiting for that to wrap up?

I really want something Kotor-esque to play....
>>
>>82650525
Well I all ready know. Ive been spoiled here and on youtube. My fault really.

Its just... I want to like these new books, but I can't for the life of me get into them. Tarkin was probably the first Star Wars book I read in over 15 years. Before that I think I read a few of those weird Star Wars books with holo images that were supposed to be like Goosebumps. Anyone even remember those?

Ive been recommended some Legend books and those were fucking great. I couldn't put down RoTS novelization and Rise of Lord Vader has probably been one of the best books Ive read in a long time.
>>
>>82650712

that's_real_fucking_neato.jpg
>>
File: Mhmmmmmm.png (146KB, 258x249px) Image search: [Google]
Mhmmmmmm.png
146KB, 258x249px
>>82650712
>>
>>82650712
But he isn't cute.

His facial proportions are all off
>>
File: tumblr_nzqgijTxSl1qhu22oo1_1280.jpg (172KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzqgijTxSl1qhu22oo1_1280.jpg
172KB, 800x600px
Who do you ship /co/?
>>
File: he did nothing wrong.jpg (24KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
he did nothing wrong.jpg
24KB, 704x396px
>>82651214
Sabine and multiple fat, old, mandalorian men
>>
File: tumblr_o6ziiyheRL1spqa83o2_1280.jpg (223KB, 1280x908px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6ziiyheRL1spqa83o2_1280.jpg
223KB, 1280x908px
>>82651257
L-Lewd.
>>
>>82651214
Rex and his little'un
>>
>>82651280
Quality ship.
>>
File: tumblr_o52ql94gtE1qhu22oo1_1280.jpg (297KB, 900x659px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o52ql94gtE1qhu22oo1_1280.jpg
297KB, 900x659px
>>82651214
Absolute filth.
>>
File: 1460231942908.png (435KB, 892x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1460231942908.png
435KB, 892x1038px
Were there any real sets in Episode II or III?

Not asking to be a dick to prequel fans, I was just curious how much of a disparity there was between Episode 1 and the others...
>>
>>82651429
Yes, tons. Plenty of partial sets too. I recommend watching the Behind the scenes stuff, a channel on YouTube had them all

It's something like mranderson00001
>>
>>82651429
Yes there was a lot. Even the blue-screen heavy scenes, they tried to include a lot of practical built sets or sections, like the Mustafar scenes. At the very least, practical models were inserted, but I understand that's not quite what you were asking.

They also traveled to various locations, like Italy and Tunisia.

In AotC, the only 100% CGI (minus the actors) scene was the droid factory scene.

The idea that the prequels were somehow all made on computers is probably the most exaggerated myth in the entire franchise.

There's plenty of videos, or forum posts showcasing all the practical stuff in the prequels you can find, or I can try dig some up.

I think the reason people think it was all CGI is because, there WAS a lot of CGI, and it blended in a weird way that made it sort of uncanny. This is just because the Prequels were literally the first movies to use such technology. It's a shame that they're accused and hated for being dated and CGI heavy, when they actually helped push CGI to the point where it can be indistinguishable from real stuff. But I digress.

I think The Phantom Menace probably still has the most balance between practical and physical effects. TFA is honestly closer to AotC or RotS, except the technology is 10 years more advanced to help blend it all together better.
>>
>>82651817
Well, there's Ewan Mcgregor's story about how he delivered Luke to Uncle Owen.

So, the idea that everything was CG has some truth to it.
>>
>>82651860
Wasn't that because they ran out of time and couldn't go film it in Tunisia?
>>
>>82651735
Was it a star wars character? If not, try telling /soc/ or even /b/
>>
>>82651895
Perhaps. They way he tells it, it must have been the most unmemorable bit of filming he's done.
>>
>>82651860
I think that was the only time they CGI'd Tatooine though, and only because it was such a short clip. All other times, they were in Tunisia for real.

Here is a video, parodying the TFA "PRACTICAL SETS" Trailer, showing that the Prequels did in fact do the same shit TFA did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7HgqBbCTjU

>>82651735
Uhh, call the police?
>>
File: Cg6u1e0UcAATL-Y.jpg (68KB, 650x924px) Image search: [Google]
Cg6u1e0UcAATL-Y.jpg
68KB, 650x924px
>>82651214
Good friends.
>>
File: rk1SSc5.jpg (206KB, 1280x1506px) Image search: [Google]
rk1SSc5.jpg
206KB, 1280x1506px
>>82652061
>>
>>82651921
Yeah. They came by and went out looking for people walking around. My truck was stolen a few months ago so now Im paranoid as fuck right now.

I live next to a train track and theres a train out there. They're working on it so it sounds like car doors slamming every couple of minutes.

Thats how I noticed someone was in my truck in the first place. I walked outside and the door wasn't closed all the way and the lights were on.
>>
>>82651214
Personally I have a thing for relationships with healthy amounts of TRUST
>>
>>82652061
Do you think they hashed it out as ghosts? Are there any stories in Legends about it?

Also how long did Obi Wan stick around Luke after Endor? Force Ghost weren't thought out very much.
>>
>>82651429
It's kind of depressing that the "it was nothing but CGI!" meme has evolved to the point that people actually question whether the prequels had any practical effects.
>>
>>82650613
>Think it could actually be good if it ever happens?
No.

>>82650668
>I am skeptical that's still happening.
It's obviously happening, but even with disappointment, development takes time.

>>82650728
>I really want something Kotor-esque to play....
I suggest you take a page out of JJ's book and go backward, because you're not going to find it in the future.

>>82651429
Yes
https://imgur.com/a/iTTu7
>>
>>82652127
I think they only show up when they have information/wisdom they need to pass on. Both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon have implied that there are restrictions to how much they can do (whether it be due to limitations of the ghost power or whether there are actual rules that need to be followed), so I don't think Ben would just pop in and hang out with Luke very often.
>>
>>82652288
But what about Anakin? Even in the originals he becomes a Force Ghost. Is there anything with him in the old EU?

You'd think Luke would want to talk to his Dad on how to deal with the Dark Side. Especially with clone Sheevs running around.
>>
>>82652418
>Is there anything with him in the old EU?
A bit. I don't remember them ever showing Luke talking to him, but there was a point where Anakin visited Leia to try to apologize for what a shit he had been. Naturally she told him to fuck off.
>>
>>82650712
>What do you faggots think of this?
seems like the app used to do this just cloned the face and stubble onto hamhills face.
The grove on his chin, the shape of his face and the eyes are pretty much unaltered.
The lips seems to be 50/50, but aside from that it, basically Mark Hamhill with the stubble overlayed and the levels of the picture changed.

If you take a look at sebastian stan pictures, you'll see pretty quickly that he has a much squarer jaw.
>>
>>82652288
IIRC, in the old EU Obi-Wan visited Luke one last time and pretty much said "yeah this is the last time I can do this." I think the idea was that he was finally passing on the way traditional ghosts do once their earthly business is settled, but that kind of clashes with George's idea that this is supposed to let them retain their consciousness forever.
>>
>>82652511
Yeah that was one of the stupid inventions of the Thrawn trilogy
>>
>>82652555
It feels like they're going with it in the ST as well. Which is dumb.
>>
>>82652634
There's no indication that that's the case in fact they were considering having Anakin's ghost in TFA.

Also, Qui-Gon was a semi-ghost for at least 13 yesrs, longer depending on how long Obi-Wan's training took
>>
>>82639788
can you only be evil with a sidecut
>>
File: Vgo5n.jpg (50KB, 630x413px) Image search: [Google]
Vgo5n.jpg
50KB, 630x413px
>>82652724
I wonder if they'll carry that over to the new movie. It would be a good way to tie into the prequels without all the politics.

I liked the whole Anakin/Vader ghost concept idea.
>>
>>82652724
Well Vader's ghost was also something they were considering and having Kylo talk to both, which is stupid. Him twisting Anakin's advice into what Vader would say would have made more sense.

But I mean where is Obi-Wan, where is Yoda (the most we get is stuff they've already said (beyond Rey) in her Force Vision, that's close to Qui-Gon, but not full on ghost. I mean them being ghosts would have or at the very least could have fixed a lot of shit.
>>82653089
Well Sith being Force Ghosts contradicts Lucas' vision of them. It's why they didn't have Revan/Bane as Force Ghosts controlling The Son on Mortis (even though that should be the other way around). I'm surprised they didn't bring in Hayden for a day and have him do a line saying "Ben no!" as he walks off from Vader's helmet.
>>
>>82653197
Why be surprised? TFA removed most prequel traces. 2bh, I don't think they'll ever bring Hayden back.
>>
File: Twi'lek female.jpg (478KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
Twi'lek female.jpg
478KB, 980x980px
>>82653289
>TFA removed most prequel traces.
What do you mean? The prequels are still canon and will always be canon.

You can't kill the lekku
>>
>>82653289
Not all traces are removed, they do make a mention of Clones and there are Pod-Racer parts/engines in places.

I do find them actively trying to ignore the Prequels a bad move. I get that a lot of people didn't like them and those people are very vocal and very autistic typically, and I get that the PT was a long time ago, but we don't forget WW2 on Earth, so why forget something that was even less far back than that?

The only complaint I can see is bringing back Hayden, and while he isn't the greatest actor by any means, he did have his moments I feel, and the only people that it would really piss off would be the OT Purists, and quite frankly Hayden being a Force Ghost makes way more sense anyways, but these are the same people that bitch and moan about the ESB Palpatine change too, which is leagues fucking better.

With how much they're trying to pander and stick to the OT, it makes me rather sad because I fear for an Ewan/Obi-Wan movie ever happening, maybe an Obi-Wan movie, but not Ewan, just so they can distance themselves further, which would be an incredibly stupid move.
>>
REMINDER THAT JJ HATES PODRACING
>>
>>82653430
Reminder that Claudia Gray mentioned podracing in Bloodline
>>
>>82653459
Why is she so based?
>>
>>82653459
>yfw Han wanted to teach Ben about Pod-racing and mechanics
>yfw he would have been like Anakin in that respect
>yfw instead Rey is more of the mechanic and likely natural pod-racer/pilot
>yfw the Lightsaber chose her instead

If only Kylo was more about his father, the lightsaber would have came to him instead. Anakin's Lightsaber: "Ya'll niggas no machines, I got you".
>>
>>82653459
>Leia drinking hooch with X-Wing pilots while watching pod races

for a book about space politics, Bloodline was pretty good.
>>
Who wrote "RUN" on the plate to warn Leia of the Napkin incident?
>>
>>82653752
I'm going to assume Plagueis.

What? It works for everyone else!
>>
Ransolm Casterfo was a great character to be shown finally. I've been waiting for a character in-universe to appreciate the Empire for what it did for the galaxy, while hating on the people that corrupted it horribly (Palpatine and Vader). Casterfo really seemed to appreciate the run-of-the-mill foot soldiers too, recognizing that most of them were just recruits or not zealots like the officers and leaders were. He was too pure for this world. I hope we get to see him in the Vader comic, if it decides to go as far as showing Riosa in a way like we've seen Shu-Torin.
>>
>>82653752
Snoke.
>>
>>82652234
Yeah it happens. I normally just point them to http://www.starwars.com/behind-the-scenes which has all the fun models and full-scale sets they've created.

Or stuff like http://www.starwars.com/video/the-creatures-of-episode-iii
>>
>>82654012
It always surprises me how they have Sidious ask Nute whether they deactivated their Droid Armies. I'm trying to come up with how he could convince them to do that. I guess by telling them that he's made a deal by which the war is over and they get all the wealth and power their shriveled little hearts desire - but actually comes in the form of Anakin stabbing them in the face.

Then again maybe it didn't really make sense and that's why Sidious tells Anakin to shut down the droids. And then of course before he does he sees Padme's ship coming in for a landing, and we all know how it wound up from there. I've always loved the idea that Anakin never got around to it and when Palpatine showed up he didn't know to do it himself. So later on they suddenly realize there's a bunch of rogue droids forming their GOTRA and Palpatine looks at him and says, "You did send the droid deactivation signal, did you not?" And Vader in his deep, resonating voice replies, "Uh...uhm... Well shit. My bad."
>>
>>82653752
the bomber. the point was to cause a distraction that would throw the investigation off course and make the populists and centrists blame each other to ratchet up the tensions, not to actually kill all the senators. the first order, at this time, is primarily trying to infiltrate and take over the republic, not destroy it.

sindian flipped out on arliz because she thought even that attack went too far
>>
>~150 episodes of Filoni Wars
>not a single goddamn pod-racing episode
What gives?
>>
>>82654215
the Wars were a farce from the start, Sidious said it was just to gain them corporate contracts and booty

at the end they were just supposed to get a slap on the wrist and more contracts for droids
>>
>>82654441
Unless they stuck Jedi in the pods they'd all have to be original characters.
>>
>>82654441
It's surprising how little pod racing comes up in wars as opposed to speeder bike chases.
>>
>>82654215
>I guess by telling them that he's made a deal by which the war is over and they get all the wealth and power their shriveled little hearts desire - but actually comes in the form of Anakin stabbing them in the face.
This is exactly what happened. They thought they were going to get the chance to negotiate a surrender, and that Sidious would pull strings to protect them from harsh punishment as a reward for their loyalty. They were led to believe they'd get a slap on the wrist, light sentences, etc, which to them was a very attractive scenario since the CIS was well on its way to getting buttfucked and they had just lost Dooku and Grievous.
>>
>>82654441
>>82654519
>>82654535
Humans can't pod-race, it'd have to be Anakin doing it.
>>
>>82654578
>Jedi can podrace

fixed
>>
>>82654441
There was a podracing arc in the TCW written by Henry Gilroy (who was part of the show's writing staff and is currently a writer and EP for Rebels). It was pretty meh.
>>
>>82654493
Oh uncontested. The Separatist Council were a bunch of greedy assholes who were always just using the Separatist worlds. It's why most of their organizations managed to separate themselves from the conflict. The Trade Federation was still operating in Republic Space, the Banking Clans were obviously still keeping the banks open and supposedly neutral for both sides but war is such lucrative business. Plus Dooku wasn't paying any interest on his loans and the guys running the banks were lining their own pockets.

Still curious about the Techno Union. We know that they eventually managed to reach some form of negotiated peace with the Republic that allowed them to go back to being neutral (but not really) however Wat Tambor was definitely there for the after party when Vader showed up to kick off the glowstick rave. I'm just curious if they still managed to keep the organization out of the war or whether the Techno Union fell back in with the CIS before the end of Episode III or whether Sidious just arranged an "accident" for all of them.
>>
>>82654641
>Still curious about the Techno Union. We know that they eventually managed to reach some form of negotiated peace with the Republic that allowed them to go back to being neutral (but not really) however Wat Tambor was definitely there for the after party when Vader showed up to kick off the glowstick rave. I'm just curious if they still managed to keep the organization out of the war or whether the Techno Union fell back in with the CIS before the end of Episode III or whether Sidious just arranged an "accident" for all of them.
According to commentary from Filoni in one of the season sets (I want to say it was season 4, it during a discussion about how Lucas had asked them to stop using the Lucrehulk ships because the Trade Federation is supposed to be technically neutral), towards the end of the war a lot of the previously "neutral" CIS bigwigs basically lost their neutrality and had to side entirely with the CIS. So it seems to be a case where Gunray, Tambor etc. all tried to have their cake and eat it too, then got called on their shit and backed into a corner and the Republic probably refused to do business with them anymore when their double-dealing became too hard to ignore.
>>
>>82654620
"Ghost Team! We've just detected secret communications that indicate Darth Maul is trying to convince the Hutt Clans to support a new criminal empire! We can stop him but only if we can beat him in a pod race!"
>>
>>82654726
I can see that. I imagine the attack on Coruscant would have been a good opportunity to convince them they could win the war once and for all.
>>
>>82654738
I want this to be an actual thing. Not like as an actual episode, but as an in-universe holonet show.
>POD SQUAD!
>in Hyper-Color ™
>>
>>82654738
I already love it.
If we can somehow get Sidious in a pod racer as a dramatic third-act reveal, it'll be perfect
>>
>>82654772
Coruscant seemed like a last ditch all-or-nothing effort. They were getting hammered on a lot of fronts, but if they could just throw a bunch of ships at Coruscant and kidnap the Chancellor they would be able to turn the war around real fast... but if it fails they'd be fucked.

The operation not only failed but cost them Dooku, so it bit them in the ass harder than they probably expected.
>>
>>82654819
Yeah, Coruscant was their definite "all in" moment. Unfortunately Sidious cheats.
>>
>>82654803
And then they have to race the Champion, Darth Vader.

>I'll try spinning that's a good trick-Ezra
>Vader looks behind him as Ezra spins
>"The boy is well trained"
>>
File: NO-CAPES.jpg (21KB, 400x227px) Image search: [Google]
NO-CAPES.jpg
21KB, 400x227px
>>82654914
>Darth Vader races for the Empire!
>manages to pull ahead of Darth Maul
>suddenly his cape gets sucked into Maul's engines
>they both end up freaking and spinning out of control
>Rebels win!
>>
>>82654969
Vader and Maul get into it, while Sidious is sitting with Jabba going "Gooood, gooooood, let the hate flow between you two."
>>
>>82655175
Huh, somehow I read that as "while Sidious is sitting on Jabba" like he's a ponyslug.

Now I'd rather like to see it. Maybe Grakkus with his buglike droid legs.
>>
>>82655292
>Sidious rides Hutts into Battle because he can't jump spin anymore in his old age
>>
>>82655378
We need to go deeper
>Sidious uses the Force to lift his hutt steed and spin it into battle
>>
>>82654914
>Vader closing in on Ezra's racer
>Suddenly, Ahsoka comes flying through in a pod of her own, getting infront of Vader to slow him down
>"Ah, so Skywalker's apprentice learned much from him. It was unfortunate that that she left him before he was able to teach her everything."
>Vader reaches out to cut her power coupling with his saber.
>"Yeah, we'll it looks like I'll be leaving you again.."
>Ahsoka turns and force pushes Vader as he's awkwardly leaning over, slowing him down and letting her and Ezra get away
>"... IN MY DUST!"
>Vader begins his pursuit again
>"Now THIS is Podracing."
>>
>>82655405
>It's Grakkus which is why he uses the cybernetic legs to be more aerodynamic for flying
>Also why he has a Jedi/Lightsaber Fetish
>>
>>82655425
>Qui-Gon looks on from a balcony as a Force ghost
>ANAKIN NO
>Uses the Force to cheat again
>Everyone crashes soon after
>A winner is announced
>It's Obi-Wan
>"It's over good friends, I had the high ground! Dear crowd, these were not the racers you were looking for!"
>>
Gentleanons, I think we just wrote an episode of Rebels. Cut, print, update the Wook, get Filoni on the murder phone!

OH SHIT! I forgot, there's no dead waifu hook.
>>
>>82655735
Riyo Chuchi dies during the Pod-race, there ya go.
>>
How's Bloodlines?

Is it as good as Lost Stars?
>>
>>82655826
Still reading it. So far it's not bad. It's good to see some of the political disposition of the New Republic and how flawed it regrettably is.

Hate to say it but seems like there are good odds to the theory that if the NR survives they will blame Leia for provoking the destruction of Hosnian Prime.
>>
>>82656338
It's funny that the New Republic tries so hard not to repeat Palpatine's mistakes by making everyone equal but all it does is encourage people to constantly argue and back-talk because there isn't a proper system in place. When all they needed to do to prevent Palpatine was now allow people to obtain Executive Control. Palpatine wouldn't have been able to do half the shit if not for that.
>>
>>82656396
Yeah, they need to pick their Chancellor's better. Can't be Leia, she's too...emotional. No offense to her, she's still an effective leader but a lot of the Senators need to be babbied or treated like they're special before they'll go alone. It needs someone who can put up with BS and Leia has a very finite patient for BS.

Sadly I couldn't say what would work. Leia thinks that maybe a Chancellor with more power, more ability to do things when the Senators are being ineffective children, but the more power the more threat that at some point the wrong person will get the job. Or the Chancellor might turn out great but change later on. They're also still vulnerable to corruption and the same bureaucracy that hamstrung Vallorum (I wonder if he survived to see the end of the Empire or if he died a sad, broken man). A Jedi could do it. Use the Force to guide the galaxy but they're corruptible too. How long before they're mind tricking their way through the idiocy?
>>
>>82656452
Honestly at this point I don't see much hope for them. Most people are young'ens who idealize the Empire or Rebellion and don't actually understand what made the Grand Republic so grand and how they got stuff done as Mon Mothma did, which is why there were no real problems with her as Chancellor.

But really though, them having everyone on equal footing just presents a similar problem to the current American Senate where nothing gets done really until someone has to exercise executive orders, which just leads to basically Palpatine in Star Wars, as power corrupts in most cases.

If I had to pick anybody that is currently alive in Star Wars, I'd honestly just make Force Ghost/Ghost Voice Qui-Gon the Chancellor, he'd get fucking shit done and he wouldn't die so they wouldn't have to worry about it.
>>
File: 20061210_history.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
20061210_history.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>82656485
You'd think they'd have The History HoloChannel, but now that I think of it it's probably suitably nicknamed The Sheevstory HoloChannel
>>
>>82656536
History in Star Wars seems really fucked up honestly. I get the Jedi going into legend and obscurity due to Sheev and the whole trying to delete any trace of them and nobody is allowed to mention these so called traitors. But everything about the past seems completely forgotten. The Clone Wars seem to be a rather rare exception. Hell even by Rey's time which is only 30 years later the Rebellion and Empire seem to be barely even a thing really.

When you actually get down to it Maz and Grakkus seem to be the only two that give any sorts of fucks about history at all and they're both old as fuck anyways, hell Maz was born around the time Darth Bane was in his 20s and Yoda not long after that. Hell going back to Rey by her time you figured the Jedi would have been made public with Luke and clearing their name over Palpatine and shit, but even she thinks they're a myth, same as Luke Skywalker.

History in Star Wars is really weird.
>>
>>82656574
You know the weird thing is how in Bloodlines Leia has a really tough time ever getting a decent holocall through. She felt lucky to get a non-delayed connection to Han and it mentions later how last time she tried to call Luke and Ben there was some kind of radiation interference. Meanwhile during the TCWs they could get real time holograms all the time. Maybe they had priority war service during the Prequels? Or maybe New Republic AT&ET just plain sucks.
>>
>>82656645
Well I always liked that about the Imperial Commando books in that instead of trying to bullshit that the Empire had better technology than the Grand Republic, they actually had worse technology due to the Imperial Senate still being intact and Palpatine having to rear them in until the Death Star was completed, which resulted in reduced spending on military tech and tech in general.

I always thought that was a simple and easy explanation for the sheer differences instead of "Yeah Stormtrooper armor and guns are actually the same or better, but they can't see out of their helmets as well despite having all those visors and tech in the helmet".

Also someone needs to make a chart of the Jedi/Sith Master/Apprentice shit, because it is crazy I was just thinking about it.

Yoda trained Count Dooku, who was also trained by Sidious who trained Maul, who trained Savage, who was trained by Asajj who was trained by Dooku, and Asajj also trained Quinlan Vos partially, and Sidious also trained Vader who was trained by Obi-Wan who also trained Luke, just like Yoda did, who was trained by Qui-Gon who was trained by Dooku, and Qui-Gon also trained Yoda, and Luke trained Kylo and will train Rey.

It's a fucking mess man. I'd love to see it actually laid out in a chart.
>>
File: Training is a fucking mess.png (15KB, 748x558px) Image search: [Google]
Training is a fucking mess.png
15KB, 748x558px
>>82656986
Here ya go, did this as quick as I possibly could.

It's honestly an outright mess.
>>
File: Masters and Apprentices.png (20KB, 1570x185px) Image search: [Google]
Masters and Apprentices.png
20KB, 1570x185px
>>82657152
A little bit better put together for ya.
>>
File: 1460686273114.png (247KB, 410x654px) Image search: [Google]
1460686273114.png
247KB, 410x654px
You'll never have sex with Hera. Why even live?
>>
>>82657344
I just want to cuddle with her and fondle her lekku but that will never happen. Now I want to die
>>
>>82646290
>>82646529
>>82646555
http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/star-wars-battlefront-ii-coming-in-2017/
>“Next year we’ll see Star Wars Battlefront back with bigger and better worlds, because we now have the new movies to work off [and] not just the historical movies that we used before.”
So we'll be getting another Sand Planet! And another Snow Planet! And a forest planet.

Also, why do they hate the prequels so hard?
>because we now have the new movies to work off
>not just the historical movies that we used before.”
lel
>>
>>82657498
no prequel era = no buy
>>
>>82657498
Because they assume the 'fans' are nothing but OT Purists because of how insanely vocal they are about their hate for the PT.

But really I can't wait for: Not Tatooine, Not Hoth, Not Yavin, Not Coruscant, and Not The Death Star. So excited!

I mean who needs Felucia, Dathomir, Utapau, Kashyyyk, Dagobah, Geonosis, Kamino, etc.?

I mean really, look at all those terrible planets, so much less original than TFA's glorious planets. Shit, I really enjoyed TFA but goddamn they are trying so hard to bury the PT it's ridiculous and we have nothing but the OT Purists voices to thank for that.
>>
>>82657739
Yup

>>82657802
>But really I can't wait for: Not Tatooine, Not Hoth, Not Yavin, Not Coruscant, and Not The Death Star. So excited!
All these top notch original locations! Am very excited too Anon!!

>I mean who needs Felucia, Dathomir, Utapau, Kashyyyk, Dagobah, Geonosis, Kamino, etc.?
Yeah, imagine how beautiful these planets would look like in a game like Battlefront.
I want a really HD Felucia ;-;
>>
File: Im Out.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
Im Out.png
293KB, 633x758px
>>82657882
>We'll never get Umbara
>>
File: pWc3zjc.png (251KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
pWc3zjc.png
251KB, 500x325px
>>82657498
>Next year we’ll see Star Wars Battlefront back with bigger and better worlds, because we now have the new movies to work of
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! You know what makes this all really funny? EA used to be decent. Like a really, really, really long time ago. They made sports games for the Genesis or something. And later they bought up all the companies and ran them all to the ground
>>
>>82657498
wow, it seems EA will never ever top the real Battlefront II. That's just sad.
>>
File: 1462551150528.gif (339KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
1462551150528.gif
339KB, 268x268px
>>82657498
>historical movies
>>
There's surprisingly an out rage about this on reddit as well https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/4irslu/battlefront_2_confirmed_for_next_year_and_it_will/?sort=confidence
>>
>>82657882
Yeah, if there is one thing you've got to give credit on, its how Battlefront looks and have a Star Wars vibe, even if it's a weird Battlefield Star Wars.

Like I'm amazed there aren't so many of these wonderful planets that would translate so well into maps. Whether people like the PT movies or not, they can't possibly deny that it didn't introduce things that would translate very well into video games, especially for a game like Battlefront.

Honestly it's amazing that it took them so long to just add Cloud City, and yet we still have no Dagobah, no Pod-Race Mission, No Trench Run or Falcon Run, no Parsec Run, nothing as far as missions go. You just have the Endor Chase (which is neat) some X-Wing Training and AT-AT training.

Like out of all the planets to get in from the get go, Sullust gets in? That I do not understand other than to try and fit into TFA, and they even add Greedo and not Obi-Wan, like what the actual fuck.

Honestly I could get into two chapters worth of rambling on the massive flaws and things I dislike about Battlefield: Star Wars, but I won't, and the sad thing is, it's not even a terrible game, it's not great, rather mediocre and only really fun in quick spurts personally, but lord does it have some massive flaws that hold it back when it could be fantastic, no BF1/2 obviously, but it could get there.

Also I know they're gonna add a single-player option to the second one, and watch it just be Ep. VII and VIII story-mode which is basically, Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller Base, 2-3 planets from VIII, and that's your story mode, a 15 second cutscene, and then fight your way to the end and that's it, no real objectives, no 501st/Clone Trooper insight before chapters, nothing.
>>
>>82657956
They at least seem to be trying to turn things around somewhat, at least compared to Ubisoft. I liked the new Dragon Age
>>
File: get.jpg (19KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
get.jpg
19KB, 500x346px
>>82658401
>They at least seem to be trying to turn things around somewhat
They aren't. They're worse than ever. They cut up their games for DLC, release the same games yearly, release broken\unfinished games.
> I liked the new Dragon Age
Is that your final answer?
>>
File: 1450829821815.gif (151KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1450829821815.gif
151KB, 500x333px
>Star Wars™ Battlefront™, a successful new franchise, sold in more than 14 million units in fiscal year 2016.
>Currently online players
>PC: 2,459 (24h peak: 5,555)
>XBOXONE: 4,214 (24h peak: 18,005)
>PS4: 10,906 (24h peak: 23,809)
>Total: 17,579
The game isn't even that old and it's already dying. On PC especially.
>>
File: Sad_Milhouse.png (213KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Sad_Milhouse.png
213KB, 512x384px
>>82657912
>No HD Kamino or Utapau
Fuck this gay Earth
>>
>>82658953
>>82657912
Someone needs to win the lottery and fund these games out of pocket or something. Honestly, EA ain't gonna do shit.
>>
File: fuck you EA.jpg (67KB, 600x949px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you EA.jpg
67KB, 600x949px
Posting a classic pic.
;.;
>>
>>82659471
there's a lot of things wrong with that image. Still a shit game.
>>
File: 1459022746084.png (103KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
1459022746084.png
103KB, 600x467px
>>82651214
SS and Ezra
We all know they did it offscreen r-right?
>>
>>82659471
The old games had a lot of flaws yes but for some reason even now if i redownload them ill propably spent a lot of hours replaying them. I dont know why exactly but I barely played the new one during its free beta and immediately forgot about it. If only they remade the old ones with more maps and better graphics... but they still made a fuckton of money so they propably dont give a shit
>>
File: oh wow wee.jpg (91KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
oh wow wee.jpg
91KB, 1191x670px
>>82657344
>>
https://www.change.org/p/ea-make-star-wars-battlefront-2-include-the-prequel-era

Someone made a petition for bf2
>>
File: 1457101409390.jpg (921KB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
1457101409390.jpg
921KB, 2160x3840px
>>82659996
>>
So can someone spoil me on the details of bloodlines?
Anything note worthy?
>>
File: my bride.jpg (263KB, 592x1916px) Image search: [Google]
my bride.jpg
263KB, 592x1916px
>>82660823
Its boring, everyone finds out about that Leia is Vaders daughter, a lot of people are pissed, half of the New Republic leave and join the First Order because... reasons, and no one can reach Luke and his Jedi Order because... reasons.

Oh and Han is a race sponsor now.
>>
>>82660823

Revelation to the entire galaxy that Princess Leia is Vader's daughter and that many Centrists(the senate's left-wing authoritarians) are First Order sympathizers.
>>
>Another person who knew Vader was Anakin dead

So Cylo should be the only one who knows now right?
And maybe Boba
>>
>>82661069
>left-wing authoritarians
what? they're space Republicans
>>
>>82661169

Welfare programs and more government influence are closer aligned with left-wing policies. However, you're not wrong with them being space republicans. The lines are a bit blurred, but they seem own a more Conservative-Liberalism mindset. I would describe the Centrists like a strange mix of Neocons and Social Justice Warriors.

I think the author did a good job of not getting too far in detail with the political platforms of the Centrists and the Populists. It leaves a bit to the imagination while not boring the audience with minutiae.
>>
>>82652875
Art imitates life.
>>
>>82661144
I doubt Vader knows and if we're counting Bloodlines, then a lot of people do.

But for simplicity sake we have.

Palpatine
Yoda
Cylo
Ahsoka
Ezra (he did overhear that convo)
Likely Kanan and Rex's crew now
Any 501st that are still alive
Aphra (I'd say she's smart enough to figure it out considering the whole shit with Padme and his obsession with Luke and Luke being her son, a Skywalker)

I believe that's it.
>>
>>82652875
Sith!Luke with farmboy hair and clothing style when?

But yeah, fictions sometimes needs more characters that aren't obviously evil and evil-looking.
>>
>>82662569
I meant I doubt Boba knows.
>>
>>82662584
That's what I really liked about Dooku, he was refined, but didn't look entirely evil, and even Luke is apparently getting a nice cape and black clothes back for VIII, so he'll Count Skywalker.
>>
>>82662641
>It's revealed that Serenno were happy that the last Jedi helped to defeat the Empire. Due to Sheev lying about the events of Order 66, the former CIS worlds believed that Count Dooku was still a Jedi plotting with the other Jedi to overthrow the Republic and end corruption. Due to them not knowing that he was a Sith Lord, Luke inherits the title of Count of Serenno over a misunderstanding and Luke.
Please make this happen Pablo
>>
File: tumblr_nnorxqRfCT1usi0y2o1_500.gif (991KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnorxqRfCT1usi0y2o1_500.gif
991KB, 500x282px
>>82662641
I think I was more thinking in the direction of the assasin Mr. Teatime from Discworld's Hogfather, who was described as having an angelic face but with an unnerving fake eye. The movie adaption is a bit overdoing it in that regard, but you catch the drift.

... Palpatine is excluded from this since he's got a nice official persona and either is omniously hooded or later a wrinkly prune.
>>
>>82661472
the Centrists are neither left nor right, but contain both. they're a big tent party in favor of federalism.

the left wing wants a federal government for welfare spending, the right wing wants a federal government for military spending (plus the first order lackeys fall into this side).

the populists probably also have a left wing who are anti-government to prevent exploitation and imperialism and presumably a right wing who are space libertarians.
>>
Darth Vader #20 was pretty good. i didnt mind that it was entirely exposition - i think that's why they provided the little Misadventures of 000 and BT1 thing at the end. but seeing everything come together felt good.

RIP Thanoth, you could've been great
>>
Were the Dark Disciple story reels ever released?
>>
>>82664695
no
>>
>>82664695

I don't think the Dark Disciple story reels were ever completely finished.
>>
New Thread: >>82664742
>>
>>82662808
It would make sense. Honestly outside of the Force Lightning, Dooku never seemed a Sith or evil at all to me personally, and I feel like had Qui-Gon lived, Qui-Gon would have joined him too, and we all know that despite Qui-Gon rogue attitude, he was still Light Side through and through.
>>82662921
Fair enough. I'd really like to see someone like the Emperor from TOR, the old man one with the two sons, his design is so regal, I mean it gives off an evil vibe, but it could also give off a I'm a general of the republic, a hard ass, but I ultimately good.
Thread posts: 508
Thread images: 117

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.