[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zack Snyder has been a hack this entire time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 512
Thread images: 57

File: false_god_snyder.jpg (73KB, 511x255px) Image search: [Google]
false_god_snyder.jpg
73KB, 511x255px
http://www.ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder

Interview of Zach Snyder from 2008 about Watchmen that in hindsight is very revealing. This is an actual quote from him:

I had a buddy who tried getting me into "normal" comic books, but I was all like, "No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me."

>>Zack Snyder was without a doubt the wrong choice for directing Batman v Superman and leading the DCEU
>>
>>82223574
>I was all like, "No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me."
Snyder is basically your average comic fan. Industry cancer in other words.
>>
>Snyder loves edgy shit
Wouldn't have guessed it desu.
>>
File: drape.jpg (34KB, 310x313px) Image search: [Google]
drape.jpg
34KB, 310x313px
>>82223574
Snyder should adapt My War Gone By or Punisher MAX. I'd watch that.
>>
>>82223574
I don't think I ever saw a quote from the guy that made me respect him more, my opinion keeps going down every time the guy opens his mouth.
>>
>>82223574

>Zach

HIS NAME IS IN THE FUCKING URL AND YOU STILL FUCK IT UP?
>>
>>82223844
I got angry when reading the first part of your comment since it sounded like "I couldn't be more proud, son!" sort of thing.

I am glad you're actually sane.
>>
>>82223574
>No one is having sex or killing each other
Even in the most mainstream Big 2 comics this happens, though?
>>
>>82223832
Me too. /co/'s butthurt would be glorious.
>>
File: billy-mays.jpg (28KB, 299x384px) Image search: [Google]
billy-mays.jpg
28KB, 299x384px
>>82223844

"Several filmmakers have tried to turn Watchmen into a movie and failed. One issue Hollywood has always had with the material is that it requires an intimate familiarity with the superhero genre in order to fully appreciate it. Does the fact that Watchmen is finally being made into a movie indicate something has changed in the culture?
The average movie audience has seen — well, I can’t even count the amount of superhero movies. Fantastic Four, X-Men, Superman, Spider-Man. The Marvel universe has gone nuts; we’re going to have a fricking Captain America movie if we’re not careful. Thor, too! We’re on our second Hulk movie. And Iron Man — $300 million domestic box office on a second tier superhero! And not to demean Iron Man — my point is that we all know about superheroes now. I can ask my mother, ”Mom, when the Hulk isn’t the Hulk, who is he?” ”Bruce Banner. Why? What a weird question.” I could ask her, ”What happened to Bruce Wayne’s parents?” ”They were killed at an opera.” You’re getting to that saturation level where superhero movies, it’s hard for them to figure out what more to do."

>>He's his own worst enemy.
>>
>>82223844

EW:Well, one new point of difference is make them more grim and gritty, like Hancock or The Dark Knight, which seems to also work in Watchmen’s favor —

ZS: Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. ”Batman’s dark.” I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go. I believe that pop culture is just, like, so ready for Watchmen. We tried so hard to ride that wave between satire and reality, and all the things that make you still care about the character, but you don’t miss the commentary about them. Nite-Owl is Batman. The guy has a fricking cave under his house! No doubt a fanboy will look at the movie and not get it. ”He looks just like Batman!” Precisely. When people saw our version of the Ozymandias costume on the Internet, some were like, ”It’s like a Joel Schumacher Batman movie! The costume has nipples! That’s crazy!” And I’m like, ”Yeah, but that’s the point!” With their comic, Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons were saying, ”Superheroes are kinda funky, aren’t they?” We build upon that with a movie that acknowledges that superhero movies have affected pop culture.
>>
File: 1458958483696.jpg (76KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
1458958483696.jpg
76KB, 600x583px
>>82223958
>Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go

Is this real, anon. How was this man given control? He's dragged my favorite heroes name through the mud and now he's going to do it to the rest of the league

It didn't need to be like this
>>
>>82223958

>I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.

WHY IS THIS MAN ALLOWED TO MAKE MOVIES BASED ON PRE-EXISTING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTIES.
>>
File: le totty face.png (791KB, 680x678px) Image search: [Google]
le totty face.png
791KB, 680x678px
>>82223958
>. ”Batman’s dark.” I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.
>>
File: 1429889376239.jpg (55KB, 392x412px) Image search: [Google]
1429889376239.jpg
55KB, 392x412px
>>82223950
>we’re going to have a fricking Captain America movie if we’re not careful
>>
>>82224072

>tfw First Avenger is better than any film Snyder has ever done
>and Winter Soldier is even better than First Avenger
>>
>>82224072

It's hard to imagine how odd that was. Cap was an Aquaman tier joke those days. His first movie was hardly a major box office success
>>
>implying he is wrond
>>
>>82224108

It was for its budget, and warmed up audiences to Cap.

That it even sold decently at all in foreign markets should be a clue.
>>
>>82223958
Joker raping Batman CONFIRMED.
>>
File: what.png (10KB, 207x213px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
10KB, 207x213px
>>82223958
>He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.

Oh, I hate this
>>
>>82223950
This is the THIRD fucking time I have heard him mention some kind of hatred for a Thor movie existing. What the hell is this guy's problem?

>The Marvel universe has gone nuts; we’re going to have a fricking Captain America movie if we’re not careful. Thor, too!
"If we're not careful"?

As if them making a Cap or Thor movie would be some kind of unforgiving slight against film?
>>
>>82224205

In fairness, he was kinda right about the Thor movies. He couldn't have known he'd be right about them sucking, but still.
>>
>>82224213

The Thor movies still make money and have a following, though.

I rather see those than this dude's tripe.
>>
>>82223958

Showing an explosion after "granny's peach tea" from this guy makes more sense now

Zack is basically a /b/tard
>>
>>82224108
Aquaman's stretching it. He was just there really, in the eyes of the public at least.

I mean when I started out comics (late 90s early 00s) the big things in Marvel were X-Men and Spider-man. Cap and Iron-Man were just characters who showed up. Now kids are getting Iron Man lunch boxes and Cap t-shirts.
>>
>>82224213
I still don't think Thor 1 is that bad but that isn't the point
>>
>>82224205
It's obvious the guy wanted to do a Cap or Thor movie.
>>
>>82224227
>The Thor movies still make money and have a following, though.

Because Hemsworth and Hiddleston are handsome and people make googly eyes at them, not because they're particularly good movies.
>>
>>82224248

>Snyder does a Cap film
>Cap gets raped in the back alley as a kid

>Snyder does a Thor film
>Thor rapes Jane
>>
>>82224248

The thought frightens me.

Just imagine Hack poorly injecting big political ideas into Cap.

Those movies would probably bomb internationally.
>>
>>82224268
He probably wouldn't even call him Captain America. He's just be called "The Captain".
>>
>>82224248

I'd watch those. Cap movie under Snyder wouldn't shy away from being a dark WW2 flick and would most definitely not pussy out on portraying actual Nazis in the movie. Even Thor would be more than Hemsworth being shirtless and quips every five minutes, I'd wager you'd actually get a good Malekith movie from him where the main bad guy might not as well be in the fucking story.
>>
>>82224261

Zack is basically the Alan Moore of Hollywood
>>
>>82224282

Jesus, you're right.
>>
>>82223950
>”Mom, when the Hulk isn’t the Hulk, who is he?” ”Bruce Banner. Why? What a weird question.”
She'd probably say David Banner though.
>>
>>82224282

A lot of foreign countries had the first cap movie be re-titled as The First Avenger.
>>
>>82224261

We do have Snyder's template for Thor.

300, with vikings.
>>
>>82224295

He was still called "Captain America" in the movie, though. Snyder would've just had him referred to as "The Captain".
>>
>>82224295

Not a whole lot. Some asian markets and parts od Europe (mostly warsaw countries).
>>
>>82224239

Nobody was taking him seriously. He was a campy throw back with a giant A on his head. It's nothing short of a miracle that Marvel has made Cap so respected. I consider it the MCU biggest success
>>
>>82224294

This. My old man calls him David Banner
>>
>>82224324

Captain America is the new Superman, which is a huge irony in and of itself.
>>
>>82224324

And they did this by basically make him into a mini-Superman. Friendly approachable superhero with no pretension and unbending moral fiber that worries about the little guy, and which other people look up to. In the meantime, Snyder ruins Superman by making him the opposite of what Marvel has done with Cap.

It's like pottery. Dark, ugly, saddening pottery.
>>
>>82224354

Superman can survive this. It may take another 10 years but we will get a Snyderless Superman film again.
>>
>>82224354

Which I guess explains why I like Evans Cap so much. I hadn't thought about it, but I always was a huge Superman fan, and when I look at it like this, it makes total sense.
>>
>>82224288

Except Alan Moore could make a good Superman story.
>>
File: Action_Comics_1.jpg (50KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
Action_Comics_1.jpg
50KB, 300x416px
>>82223574
People shouldn't hate Snyder. He's just a massively overconfident low-talent egotist.

The people you should hate are those who hired him and allow him to carry on. They're not low talent, they're zero talent.

It's as if they gave Snyder a mint copy of this comic to sell and he sold it for $100,000. He made money, so what's to complain about?
>>
>>82224354
Actually WB, Nolan, Goyer AND Snyder did this. Snyder is just being blamed for their collective fuck up.

What was the excuse for the boring stalker creep superman who left his preggo girlfriend who he retroactively raped to go fuck around in outer space?

The only way a good Superman movie will ever be made is if Disney makes it.
>>
>>82224365

Unfortunately, it'll be built upon the ground Snyder has laid because WB will be too afraid to try anything different than a Nolan-esque "gritty and realistic" superhero film for fear of "MARVEL RIPOFF" accusations.
>>
>>82224384

And it didn't include rape!

>Alien plant forces it's way into Supermans body and mind

Never mind
>>
>>82224390

What's to hate is Snyder pretty muched raped Superman. He says dumb shit like this:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/zack-snyder-says-he-tried-grow-up-superman-man-steel

>>“I was surprised with the fervency of the defense of the concept of Superman,” said Snyder. “I feel like they were taking it personally that I was trying to grow up their character.”
>>
>>82223711
The average comic fan now is a fat basement dweller who watches mlp and posts on reddit and only reads "LE QUIRKY SO RANDUM XD" cape books and hipster shit from Image and thinks that anything that deals with reality is "OW THE EDGE COLD STEEL DID ROB LIEFELD WRITE THIS?"
>>
>>82224392

I don't trust Disney/Marvel not to make a Superman movie full of spite just because they can
>>
>>82224402

For fuck's sake, Superman didn't need "growing up". For fuck's sake. Every interview I read from this hack makes me hate him that much more.
>>
for a small moment, i felt bad for snyder when the reviews came in for bvs

upon further study

he deserved every inch
so did warner for letting it happen

looking at their justice league looks like a pathetic soda can style team up
>>
>>82224410

It's funny how much /co/ wants Miller to direct a Superman film when he also just doesn't get it
>>
>>82224392

Fair enough. I just say Snyder because he's the most visible of them, and it's shorter than writing WB and Goyer and Snyder every time.

Chunk of the blame probably ends up on WB, anyway.
>>
>>82223958
>With their comic, Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons were saying, ”Superheroes are kinda funky, aren’t they?”

They were literally saying "superheroes are retarded".
>>
>>82224011
>>82224025
>>82224046

You retards realise that he's talking about what would make Batman really dark, right? HIs point is that Batman is pretty light-hearted despite being dominally "dark".
>>
>>82223844
It's funny when he gets completely BTFO

>Snyder took a shot at the Marvel Universe in an interview with The Daily Beast. While addressing Steven Spielberg’s comments that “there will be a time when the superhero movie goes the way of the Western,” the filmmaker said Marvel heroes are a dime a dozen.

>“I feel like he’s right. But I feel like Batman and Superman are transcendent of superhero movies in a way, because they’re Batman and Superman,” Snyder said while promoting Doritos’ final Super Bowl filmmaking contest. “They’re not just, like, the flavor of the week Ant-Man — not to be mean, but whatever it is. What is the next Blank-Man?”

And then Ant-Man got better reviews that Batman v Superman. And a better audience reaction. And got better openings in several countries. And kept topping for several weeks while BvS declined. And got a sequel greenlit despite being a "flavor of the week" and not a "trascendent".
>>
>>82224321
>>82224295

Why in the fuck would you consume Hollywood media but be turned off by a guy named Captain America. That would be like if I was a huge anime fan but got bootyblasted that one of the characters was called Nippon-sama or some shit.
>>
>>82224445

On the bright side, BvS has a higher RT rating than Blankman.
>>
>>82224046
>>82224025
>>82224011

>you are in hell little man, and I am THE DEVIL

>you're not the devil; you're practice
>>
>>82223574
One more to the list.
>Superheroes talking in costume for more than five lines is silly

>Superman is genetically predisposed to want to wear a cape

>A THOR MOVIE? IN THE CURRENT YEAR?

>Ant-Man is a flavor of the week, Superman and Batman are transcendent!

>The Galactic Empire caused a lot of destruction, then so can Superman.

>Batman of manslaughter.

>Nolan's Batman kills too and I have the youtube video that proves it.

>The popular notion that Batman doesn't kill comes from Tim Burton's movies.

>Batman totally killed people in The Dark Knight Returns

>There's no place for Jimmy Olsen in the DCEU, let's turn him into a CIA agent and shoot him in the head. Incidentally, book Black General, Asian Major and Indian Daily Planet assistant for my entire trilogy. Squeeze in a Not-Snowden cameo too.

>I don't even know what that thing with the Flash was all about, it just looked cool.

>B-but the Avengers destroyed their city too...

>The true Superman fans will like my movie, everyone else is too stupid to get them.

>Nobody is having sex or killing each other in this comic, BORING
>>
>>82223958
Source link?
>>
File: 1462536243941.gif (4MB, 452x308px) Image search: [Google]
1462536243941.gif
4MB, 452x308px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc
>>
>>82224470

It's sad that for all the bluster Snyder made over how "badass" this new Batman would be, he never got any moments half as good as he did in the Nolan series.

That part in TDK where he daisy-chains the SWAT guys together and kicks them all off with just one guy is then times better then anything in BvS.
>>
>>82223574
Honestly , Snyder is based and I love that he's doing what he does. I've always hated capeshit comics and Zack seems to share certain value with me. He cares about the drama of moral ambiguity even when the public is disgusted by it, and I'm glad he doesn't give a damn and tries to make what he wants.
>>
>>82223574
He should direct shit like Punisher and some darker stuff, Supes or Bat is just nah. This Kevin guy is such a stupid ass CEO.
>>
>>82224402
This is fucking rich, doesn't he know at what time Superman and Captain Marvel where popular? It was during the depression era, it wasn't a peaceful time. People needed some kind of hopeful message, not a grownup one.

In this day and age the last thing we needed was walking 9/11 allegory. At least when Marvel alludes to 9/11 they paint the Avengers in the same light as the rescue workers that worked to save as many as they could.

Zach snyder's equivalent is that fucking cross looking beam that remained intact after the twin towers collapsed. Only deluded fuckwits fall for it.
>>
>>82224354

I don't really understand why people find MCU inspirational or good, he's incredibly bland and boring beyond some man out of time jokes. His speech in TWS was completely corny.
>>
>>82224521

It's just too bad he's making shit movies.
>>
>>82224530
Fuck off Tony
>>
>>82224530

>His speech in TWS was completely corny.

No, it was in-line with his character and thus sincere. If you equate sincerity with corniness, that's your issue, not the film's.
>>
>>82224498

Article mentioned in original post
>>
>>82224521

>moral ambiguity

Yeah, more movies trying to explore the morality of its main characters should have a weightless half-hour end fight scene with a personality-free CGI cave troll.

My favorite part of Heat was when De Niro and Pacino put their differences aside to fight the gigantic CGI mechanical spider that was threatening Los Angeles, really drove home the duality of their characters.
>>
>>82224560

>My favorite part of Heat was when De Niro and Pacino put their differences aside to fight the gigantic CGI mechanical spider that was threatening Los Angeles

WICKA WICKA WILD WILD WEST
>>
>>82224530
i feel bad you have to hate great things because your film didnt turn out right

but that is to be expected, isnt it?
>>
>>82224560
>fight the gigantic CGI mechanical spider
I WONDER WHO COULD BE BEHIND THIS POST
>>
>>82224354
No, he's just your average good superhero. Those kinds of heroes are not really liked or as popular but they are always the lynchpin of any ensemble cast of supers or anything really.

>>82224530
How in gods name can you call his speech corny while defending superman?
Unless you think the utterly fucking retarded fucktardation that spewed on the screen in MoS was brilliant because it was cynical balless silliness.

That type of speech and attitude is what superman needed and what people expected.
>>
>>82223574
>>82223950
>>82223958
>>82224445
No wonder many critic hate his guts, dude's fucking arrogance. This guy better learn to shut up, honestly.
>>
File: minion laugh.jpg (92KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
minion laugh.jpg
92KB, 1920x1080px
>>82224521

>Zack Snyder
>Caring about moral ambiguity
>>
>>82224410
>For fuck's sake, Superman didn't need "growing up"

Uh, the collective "Superman is boring because he's overpowered with all his powers and is a dull boyscout" kinda disagrees with you.
>>
>>82224448
Easy, his name is fricking lame.
>>
How can the higher ups at DC/WB not see he's shit at this by now? Sure his intentions are good but the stuff he comes up with is generally crap.

BvS was shit and yet they're still letting him to Justice League. He's had two chances now, why are they giving him a third, especially when it's your fucking big ensemble movie.
>>
>>82224589

You can win them over.
>>
>>82224590
fuck off yuropoor
>>
>>82224448

Do you honestly think Captain Brazil/Canada is a good name for a hero? It's cheesy as fuck and you only accept Captain America at face value because you've grown accustomed to it.
>>
>>82224589

>"Superman is boring because he's overpowered with all his powers and is a dull boyscout"

If that were the case, there'd be no good Superman comics because they'd all be shit.
>>
>>82224524
>At least when Marvel alludes to 9/11 they paint the Avengers in the same light as the rescue workers that worked to save as many as they could.

Remember, only 74 casualties in an alien invasion, less lives lost than during 9/11!
>>
>>82224610

>It's cheesy as fuck

So are "Superman" and "Batman".
>>
>>82224589

STAS managed to fill out the edges of Clark with more personality while still keeping his core ideals.

It's not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>82224614

To be fair, there's a lot of shitty Superman comics out there.
>>
>>82223950
No wonder he was so dismissive of Ant-Man >>82224445
The dude can't even take Iron Man, Thor or Captain America seriously.

And this is the man WB expects to revitalize Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg.
>>
>>82224604
Dude, you think the name like China man, English man, Germany man sounds cool or it was such a good name? It's fucking stupid and lame.
>>
File: i win lol.png (16KB, 330x95px) Image search: [Google]
i win lol.png
16KB, 330x95px
>>82223574
my sides
>>
>>82224589
So they made a movie where he's an overpowered Mary Sue that DOESN'T give a fuck about anyone and is only helping people out of spite and securing his girlfriend any better?
>>
>>82224625

I wouldn't say otherwise. But the whole "SUPERMAN IS A BORING BOY SCOUT" thing implies that there are no good Superman comics/stories out there and, thus, no good reason why Superman would be a beloved pop culture icon.
>>
>>82224610
Maybe if they came up with original name templates instead of just being Captain America with the America changed to something else. Captain America sounds good because he was the original; Captain Britain sounds lame because you imediately think he's just Britain's discount copy of Captain America.

You could use the same argument for a guy like Batman.

>Ratman and Catman sound lame; you only like Batman because you're used to it
>>
>>82224572

IMO, Evans didn't sell it. The movie version of Steve has none of the authority and charisma that the comics version has.
>>
>>82224633
see >>82224645

This is why I said Nippon-sama instead of Captain Japan.
>>
Only normies make good capekino though. You know it's true. Fans can't make shit.
>>
>>82224642

He isn't none of those things, so, yes?
>>
>>82224610
I wanna read about Captain Brazil. Beating up super-cartels and shit
>>
>>82224673

>capekino

Go back to /tv/ and stay in that shitpile.
>>
File: 1460923659180.jpg (117KB, 894x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1460923659180.jpg
117KB, 894x1000px
>>82223574
>I had a buddy who tried getting me into "normal" comic books, but I was all like, "No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me."
>based Snyder causing neckbeard butthurt since 2008
>>
File: beautifultien.jpg (76KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
beautifultien.jpg
76KB, 720x540px
>>82223958
By this point, I am reading it in Vince Russo's voice.
It all makes sense now.
>>
>>82224595
>How can the higher ups at DC/WB not see he's shit at this by now?
If it makes money, they don't care.
Plus, they liked the movie, the execs that saw it gave it a standing ovation.
>>
>>82224689
>says fucking tripfag manchild
lmao fuck off back to /soc/ kid
>>
>>82224692

OH FUCK. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME.

>>82224700

If I wanted to wallow in self-pity and despair, I'd go look in a mirror. Or, better yet, go fuck your mother.
>>
>>82224589
Fine power him down a little he does get a little retarded at times but not this shit.
>>
>>82224708
>>>/b/
>>
File: 126819143537.jpg (170KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
126819143537.jpg
170KB, 800x600px
>>82223958
>But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie.
>>
File: Flex Mentallo 04 - pg 24.jpg (150KB, 576x602px) Image search: [Google]
Flex Mentallo 04 - pg 24.jpg
150KB, 576x602px
>>82224402
wew
>>
>>82223950
>You’re getting to that saturation level where superhero movies, it’s hard for them to figure out what more to do."
It's bad when Marvel does it, but it's totally OK for DC to do Aquaman, Cyborg, Shazam, Suicide Squad and Metal Men movies.
>>
>>82224407
>>
>>82223958
This is absolutely hilarious.

It reminds me of this interview I read in a gaming magazine, where developers were asked how they'd reinvent game franchises. One particular edgelord said he'd re-boot Tomb Raider, and have Laura Croft be naked to show that, "the rules are different." Not one thing about gameplay.
>>
>>82224728
because Marvel is flavor of the month. DC is transcendent
>>
>>82224734
>have Laura Croft be naked to show that, "the rules are different." Not one thing about gameplay.

would be better than the reboot we got
>>
>>82224728
...Metal Men's gettin a movie?
>>
>>82224656
But I think Superheroes name that have 'man', 'woman', 'girl', 'boy' and insert country name 'captain' are stupid and lame, it's not about who came first, honestly.

Superman, Batman or Captain America sounds equally retard.
>>
>>82224747
Diane Nelson has expressed an interest in it, but nothing has surfaced about it in a while.
>>
>>82224737
He only said that Superman and Batman were transcendent
>>
>>82224524
>In this day and age the last thing we needed was walking 9/11 allegory. At least when Marvel alludes to 9/11 they paint the Avengers in the same light as the rescue workers that worked to save as many as they could.

Do not remind me of Marvel's 9/11 issue with crying Doom.
>>
>>82224776
Isn't that the newscaster from Family Guy?
>>
>>82224617
Damn straight. 9/11 didn't have superheroes.
>>
>>82224807
No, she's the President of DC Entertainment
>>
File: 1456365788942.jpg (167KB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456365788942.jpg
167KB, 1279x720px
>>82224445
Hey I have seen this copy paste before.
>>
>>82224793
I'm just waiting for the copypasta by this point.
>>
>>82224761
If it's equallybas retarded as Batman then it shouldn't need to be changed for international markets since Batman isn't
>>
File: zack snyder fan.jpg (59KB, 495x650px) Image search: [Google]
zack snyder fan.jpg
59KB, 495x650px
>>82224690

Sex and killing doesn't equal maturity you cuck
>>
File: Doom Invisible.jpg (41KB, 500x168px) Image search: [Google]
Doom Invisible.jpg
41KB, 500x168px
>>82224793
>>
>>82224485
>>I don't even know what that thing with the Flash was all about, it just looked cool.
Anybody got the source on that one?

Also you should add "I just like skulls, I just like axes"
>>
>>82224832
Hmm, reasonable.
>>
>>82224610
No, man, Captain Canada would be an awesome name. I'm now saying it over and over in my head because of you.
>>
File: meme face.jpg (16KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
meme face.jpg
16KB, 325x325px
>>82223832
WHY
>>
>>82224485
>A THOR MOVIE? IN THE CURRENT YEAR?
And dear lord are they awful.
>>
>>82224633
Germany Man brings you intelligent board games and holds a high standard for lagers.

I'm down.
>>
>>82224929
To be fair, he said it in 2008, when he had no way of knowing how good or bad it would be (he also said the same thing about Captain America) >>82223950

The problem is his attitude, he's acting like these characters are somehow worthless.
>>
>>82224832
Batman has been an international brand for decades though. And I know for a fact the name Batman isn't translated in every non-english speaking country to the closest linguistic equivalent because just leaving it as "Batman" i.e. in english sounds automatically 100% better.
>>
File: 1460747826537.png (213KB, 415x436px) Image search: [Google]
1460747826537.png
213KB, 415x436px
>>82224945
Marvel certainly failed to turn Thor into someone worthy
>>
>>82224947
>tfw Batman in your language is called Leather Piece
I have no idea how they did it.
>>
File: vindicator.jpg (20KB, 236x417px) Image search: [Google]
vindicator.jpg
20KB, 236x417px
>>82224925

Vindicator from Marvel's Alpha Flight
>>
>>82224744
Well, that's because all developers are currently awful. It's a sea of Zach Snyders.

The sushi captcha just gave me cravings.
>>
File: image.jpg (172KB, 431x654px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172KB, 431x654px
>>82223958
...he didn't even realise for a second they were expies of the old Charlton Comics characters, did he?
>>
>>82224979
How can you misunderstand the quote that badly?
>>
So... did none of you faggots actually read the article and see that he said he always loved comics ?
>>
>>82224835
And he's not claiming it does, he's simply contrasting what he found uninteresting about capes compared to Heavy Metal magazine, if you actually read the article.
>>
>>82225004
>4chan
>Reading full articles
We don't take kindly to smart people around these here parts.
>>
>>82225004
Of course not.
>>
>>82224962
I feel like you're missing anon's point intentionally, but I can't be sure.
>>
>>82224974
But Vindicator is a significantly less fun name than Captain Canada.

Sounds like something Liefeld came up with.

>captcha: select all images with peanuts
>no pictures with peanuts
>three pictures with cashews
>>
>>82224974
See now that's a shit name. It's just this side of Violator.
>>
>>82225053

Shit, even Major Mapleleaf sounds better.
>>
>>82223574
Imagine if he directed "Invincible."
>>
>>82223832
Snyder should adapt Blood Meridian so I could come to /lit/ just to watch it burn.
>>
>>82225004
>he said he always loved comics
Does he give any examples?
Because you know, this exists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc
>>
File: image.jpg (233KB, 1152x814px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
233KB, 1152x814px
>>82225002
How can you?

>Nite-Owl is Batman. The guy has a fricking cave under his house! No doubt a fanboy will look at the movie and not get it. ”He looks just like Batman!” Precisely. When people saw our version of the Ozymandias costume on the Internet, some were like, ”It’s like a Joel Schumacher Batman movie! The costume has nipples! That’s crazy!” And I’m like, ”Yeah, but that’s the point!”

Nite-Owl is NOT meant to be Batman, conceptually or thematically. He's a representation of the ultimate extension of the colourful 'science adventurer' archetype that used to be popular in comics and wasn't any more by the time Watchmen was conceived, hence him being an overweight washed-up has-been who quit his responsibilities as a 'superhero'. Rorschach, while based on The Question, is a far closer parallel to the uncompromising crusader mindset of Batman in that he never quits no matter how difficult things get or how much his sanity takes a hit for his overdeveloped sense of responsibility.

In short, Zack Snyder is a complete fucking moron who only seems to appreciate comics on the level of a severely autistic child drooling over the pretty pictures within.
>>
It's weird, he sounds like he really understands Watchmen. And yet, his movie doesn't really reflect that.
>>
>>82225021
I wanted to say that the Thor movies are bad while also making a joke about the "being worthy of the hammer" stick.
>>
File: marsh.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
marsh.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>82223574
>the entire DCEU is being controlled by an edgelord
>>
>>82225127
More like a retard.
>>
>>82224438
Go to bed, Zack. You're retarded if you think a story needs rape to be dark.

Bruce Wayne watched his parents get murdered in cold blood in front of him before the age of eleven. He's now a man who, despite his physical power and smarts, is emotionally broken. A man with rage issues, who doesn't know how to express love openly very well, and is desperately seeking to leave a legacy that's positive in some way despite his life and methods.

A hero who faces down serial killers, torturers, terrorists and exploiters every night. Batman is very dark. He doesn't need to be raped for that.
>>
>>82225059
MAJOR MAPLELEAF

Thank you, anon.
>>
>>82225156
>He doesn't need to be raped for that.
But he could be
>>
>>82225156

Movie Batman rarely is that dark when you get right down to it. It's cartoony with dimmed lighting that people associate with being dark.
>>
File: the nicest guy.jpg (1MB, 1561x2312px) Image search: [Google]
the nicest guy.jpg
1MB, 1561x2312px
>>82224392
>The only way a good Superman movie will ever be made is if Disney makes it.
They already made one 20 years ago
>>
>>82225152
Those two things have quite a bit of overlap
>>
>>82225253
Now if only they made a good movie
>>
>>82224392
Nolan tried to prevent this. Not wanting to kill Zod is one example of how got Superman unlike Snyder
>>
>>82225095
Snyder only care about costumes and superficial stuff. Nite-Owl looks like Batman and has gadgets. So to him he's Batman, even though he's supposed to be Blue Beetle who is completely different from Batman.
>>
File: 1461550760955.jpg (8KB, 183x197px) Image search: [Google]
1461550760955.jpg
8KB, 183x197px
>>82223958
Where is the retard that I spend so much time having arguments about how Snyder is a hack and he was always trying to defend Snyder, calling him a genius and how everything he does is intentional and how MoS was just like Miracleman (and even compared the final battle to the one of MM vs KM to the one of sups vs zod even when besides the destruction both scenes are completely different). And how BvS was going to keep exploring the destruction of metropolis and more miracleman related stuff
I always knew he was supporting a hack like Snyder
>>
>>82225359
Nolan is the reason for most of that. It has his fingerprints all over it.
The neck snap is pure snyder and goyer more then likely went along with it.
>>
>>82225222
I disagree. Movie Batman is usually really dark and deals for example in TDK.
Where he needs to take the blame to avoid the city lost any hope
>>
File: batman killing TDKR.jpg (1MB, 1319x1000px) Image search: [Google]
batman killing TDKR.jpg
1MB, 1319x1000px
>>82225004
Why would i ever believe he loves comics when he blatantly lies about them to justify his shitty movies

At best he loves comics but is too dumb to understand something more than "X punched Y in this cool panel"
>>
You guys are mean
>>
>>82225622
Somebody get this hothead outta here
>>
>>82223574
Somebody post the quote of Sebastian Stan BTFO Snyder
>>
>>82224308
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrE35gmikCg
>>
File: images.jpg (16KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 512x288px
>Batman, why don't you just rape the Joker? You've been there, you know how awful it is.
>>
>>82224308
HIS NAME IS THE CAPTAIN!
NEXTWAVE!
>>
Guys I have an awesome idea for my next movie. What if Braniac forced the trinity to become a human centipede?
>>
>>82225071
He should adapt the fountain so i could come to...wait, no one would give a fuck.
>>
>>82225893

>the fountain

The Fountainhead. The idea of Wacky Zack remaking The Fountain is fucking terrifying.
>>
>>82225867
Hey Zack, don't remake the Fountainhead, remake Atlas Shrugged.
Trust me, I'm sure that a man of your vision and talent can bring this universally beloved masterpiece to life.
In fact, you should abandon your DC plans and sign on for a 3 movie Atlas Shrugged deal, people will love it far more than the other ones.
>>
>>82225867
Superman will be at the front, the struggle to carry the other two from his butt will represent his frustration caused by all the different expectations the world has about him

Batman will be at the back, he's such a troubled and angry character, the shit from the other two that he'll be ingesting is a symbol for the darkness that's corroding him from the inside

Wonder Woman will be the central piece, to continue her role from BvS she'll be the connection between Batman and Superman, as we all know the Amazons expected her to bring peace to the man's world, so if they won't share their emotions and feces then she'll do it for them

The shit eating will subtly represent the emotional struggle of every character involved against the injustices of the world, just like Doomsday in BvS

Oh, and Batman will have a cross stuck up his butt
>>
>>82225922
>>82225948
Those sounds amazing. Those stories are already crazy. I would actually watch them if they got the Snyder touch.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 599x337px
>>82223574
You can hate Feige and his control freak behavior, but at least he would never let dumbfucks like Snyder ever have absolute power over a certain project.
>>
YOU WERE RIGHT /CO/!
YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG!
DC CINEMATIC SUCKED SO HARD THAT IT LITERALLY DESTROYED THE PLANET.
AM I TOO EARLY?
I AM TOO EARLY RIGHT?
FIND ME, /CO/!
FIND ME AND STOP ME!
>>
>>82225987

The Fountainhead is basically a legal drama, so I have no idea how he could Snyder his shit up in a story that's essentially just people talking.

At least we know the sex scenes will be appropriately tasteless, in deference to the source material.
>>
>>82226055
>so I have no idea how he could Snyder his shit up in a story that's essentially just people talking.
Neither do I, but you know he'd find a way.
>>
>>82225948
>Who is Bruce Wayne?

I've always seen Bruce as a libertarian-capitalist individual so it's funny you mention that. He's this brooding wealthy ubermensch set apart from weaker men by his will and his means. My Justice League will be a true secret society, isolating themselves above and beyond humanity on their watchtower in the sky. By spending his vast wealth on this new society, Bruce is in effect becoming the Johnathan Galt of the DC universe. I think this is a more realistic take on superheroes than the superfriends, wouldn't you agree?
>>
>>82226126
Definetly agree, but I still think you should do the Atlas Shrugged movie.
By the way Mr. Snyder, your future self just posted in this thread, shouldn't you be worried about his ominous message? >>82226033
>>
>>82226055
There's a big explosion toward the end though. And there'll be long, lavish shots of architecture throughout.
>>
File: 1424718710736.png (434KB, 1000x927px) Image search: [Google]
1424718710736.png
434KB, 1000x927px
>>82226126
That sounds too accurate. You're worrying me.
>>
>>82226072

At least Atlas Shrugged has a """""""""plot""""""""" that he could insert shitty action scenes into. It wouldn't take that much to turn into into an action-thriller, and that would honestly improve the whole thing a thousand percent.

Fountainhead doesn't really have any spaces for that in it.

>>82226153

That true.
>>
>>82226177
Ayn Rand would roll in her grave if they turned Atlas Shrugged into a generic action flick.
Which is exactly why we should do it.
>>
Me am not Bizarro Zack Snyder. Superman am selfish man who am never been to Kansas. He am never find a way to save any of us from anything. Bizarro Zack Snyder am know in heart Superman hate all of us forever.
>>
>>82226211
Starship Troopers style, make it a satire of objectivism.
>>
>>82226211

It has all the elements for an action-thriller.

>Story about a strong, independent woman and her relationship with a strong, independent man who's secret formula threatens the government's political endgame

>added layer of business magnates disappearing all around the world with no explanation

>even has a plot MacGuffin with the static energy device

It's basically the frame of one of those 90's legal thrillers mixed with Bourne.
>>
>>82226299
>who's secret formula threatens the government's political endgame
Until later, when the evil government decides to use this super metal, and the suposedly free-market-defending protagonists are pissed that patents don't matter anymore.
>>
>>82226346

I never said the story made any sense, anon.

>oh let's just have the main characters almost literally trip over this magic energy device that will change the world like it's no big deal

>I'm a good writer,yes I am
>>
>>82226163
Bro, Atlas Shrugged metaphors will be deep in every scene of Justice League. So deep. Like the intricate lady of the lake metaphors I used Lois to represent in my recent political thriller, Batman v. Superman, where she swam around with a spear and drowned, and also had a scene in a bathtub. The Justice League are Ayn Rand's vision made manifest and I intend to do that 'justice' if you will. Trust me. I like to shitpost on /co/ as much as you do. I'm just giving you the scoop as we get to work.

And fuck my future self. He's old. I make movies for real comic lovers not out of touch old people. The Earth is perfectly fine. It's really good. He just doesn't understand it.
>>
>>82226390
She needed the energy device, because without it the whole concept of Galt's Gulch would fall apart.
Actually, it falls apart even with it due to Ayn Rand not knowing anything about mining, farming or industry, but that's another story.
>>
>>82224674
Except he is. Eat a dick WB shill
>>
>>82226390
>>I'm a good writer,yes I am
Ayn Rand genuinely believed Atlas Shrugged was the greatest book ever written and it would revolutionize the world. She was disappointed that it didn't, but obviously that was the moochers fault for being stupid.
>>
>>82226505
To be fair, it's never a good idea to think that the proles will ever voluntarily educate themselves beyond what they need to know to get by, that's why every single book that's supposed to 'change the world' with a mass uprising never happens.
>>
>>82225526
You say usually, but your example is one movie, and pretty much the only movie people agree on. You either need to drop your qualifier, or give more examples.
>>
>>82226553
And I'm willing to bet that most of the people who own Atlas Shrugged have never finished it.
>>
>>82226604
I finished it, but I skimmed John Galt's speech when I realized he was just rewording the same four paragraphs over and over.

As far as books about trains go, it was the best one I've read
>>
>>82223574
why isn't this faggot not directing a Spawn remake? that shit has fucking and killing.
>>
>>82224589
>Uh, the collective "Superman is boring because he's overpowered with all his powers and is a dull boyscout" kinda disagrees with you.
The continuing failure of the Snyderverse disagrees with YOU. You guys keep going "it's the world's fault! nobody likes classic Superman anymore!" when we haven't had classic superman in decades, his closest parallels are increasingly popular, and the attempts at 'fixing' the problem as you've defined it are consistently reviled.
>>
>>82226601
His parents being killed in front of him, the one from burton is almost always alone and we see the face mutilation of a few characters in the dark knight the only way to stop the joker is to live in a lie
>>
>>82226619

>he's never read Strangers on a Train or Taking of Pelham 1 2 3

>>82226604

I finished it. It was god-awful and the good-bad comedy was intermittent.

I'd recommend anyone trying to read it should watch the movies instead, at leas they're hilariously incompetent and watching the production quality go from "passable" to "softcore porn" over the whole trilogy is fascinating.
>>
>>82226675
The world don't want Snyderman but at the same time it don't want a so called 'classic' superman as well. Only old flags and nostalgiafags like that lameass Supes. Spidey and Batman surpassed him in term of popularity since 90s for a reason, anon.
>>
>>82223958
>”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie.

What the fuck? Rape?

Jesus Christ
>>
>>82226733
I love those movies just because they couldn't get funding and turned to begging to get it and they bombed. There irony is palpable.

>>82226651
Is Spawn deep enough for him?
>>
>>82226766
>Only old flags and nostalgiafags like that lameass Supes.
Where's your metric supporting this? And no, "I know people" doesn't count. That's "My Dad Works at Nintendo" level bullshit.
>>
>>82223574
>Zack Snyder has been a hack this entire time

In other news: water is wet.
>>
>>82226798

>third movie was directed by a guy's who's entire pedigree is an episode of Nash Bridges and the star was Hollywood never-was Laura Regan

Beautiful. The whole thing really does look like a Cinemax softcore porn with the sex scenes cut out.
>>
File: 1458744942777.jpg (55KB, 626x438px) Image search: [Google]
1458744942777.jpg
55KB, 626x438px
I want to die
>>
>>82226877
Noooooooooooooooooooo~~~~~~~~
>>
>>82224213
In total fairness, Thor 1 & 2 are much better than MoS and BvS. At least they don't have:

>Stop invincible son
and
>MARTHA!

Snyder should just fuck off the DCEU.
>>
Oh look, another thread crying about Zach Snyder.
>>
>>82226877
>Executive

So expect Perry White gets shot in the head, Lois getting raped, Barry Allen raped, Aquaman shot in the head, Superman rapes Batman, Joker rapes Harley
>>
>>82224354
But Civil War turns him into a terroist fascist insurgent
>>
>>82224530
Snyder made you retarded Anon. Don't let him do this to you!
>>
>>82227006

I wonder if Zach Snyder is more talented than Zack Snyder.

Who'm I kidding, of course he is.
>>
>>82224674
He fucking is, you delusional piece of shit. There's nothing 'super' about BvS Superman.

>That mopey face
>That RAGE! mode

I can't believe I'm talking about this movie again.
>>
File: Captain Brazil.jpg (53KB, 336x410px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Brazil.jpg
53KB, 336x410px
>>82224678
>>
File: What gets Zack the Hack hot..jpg (127KB, 381x600px) Image search: [Google]
What gets Zack the Hack hot..jpg
127KB, 381x600px
Zack Snyder is a legitimate comics fan.

He is just a legitimate comics fan from that edgy self conscious post 80s era.

Its why he faps over Frank Miller and Alan Moore movies and why the comics he adapted were 300,Watchmen,Man of Steel, Death of Superman and TDKR all hallmarks of the so called "dark age." He unironically embodies that "Comics arent just for kids anymore" mindset that Everyone has since mocked.
>>
>>82227220
He's the kind of comic fan that goes into an LCS and gets mad that certain sections aren't called "graphic novels"
>>
>>82227220
No. Because legitimate comics ans from the edgy self conscious post 80s era at least had the context of everything before that. Snyder doesn't even get context.
>>
>>82225214
He could be meth-head who's hallucinating in some alley, too.
>>
>>82227205
Call it "Comandante Brasil" and I'm sold.
>>
>>82225396
>>82225095
BB and Shach both have different Batman aspects. Nite Owl played on the gadget hero with the gimmick cave and how childish as shit that was, Walter played on how crazy you would need to be to go and beat up people at night.

Its called nuance people
>>
>>82223958
>I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie.

holy fucking kek

this is like verging on parody levels of incompetence
>>
>>82224244
Everything in Thor that wasn't on Earth was awesome.
>>
File: 1436403164129.jpg (45KB, 205x315px) Image search: [Google]
1436403164129.jpg
45KB, 205x315px
>>82224402
>I was surprised with the fervency of the defense of the concept of Superman,” said Snyder. “I feel like they were taking it personally that I was trying to grow up their character.

>Superman is a childish character
>Making something "grown up" means making it dark and edgy
>Being surprised when people disagree with your interpretation of beloved decades old character
>Attempting to dismiss this disagreement as people "taking it too personally"

Holy shit the amount of pretension and arrogance in this one sentence is infuriating. Why the hell was this guy put in charge? He clearly has no respect for comics at all.
>>
>>82224288
This would imply Alan Moore had the capacity to enjoy things
>>
>>82227315

The comics are good, at least Watchmen and TDKR are. But Snyder and people like Snyder only like them because they're DARRRRK and EDDDGY. They don't actually understand the comics.
>>
>>82225214
Joker pls go
>>
>>82224227
Why? I'd rather see an edgy but action packed butchery of source material than a boring butchery of source material.
>>
>>82224324
I've taken Cap seriously since Mark Gruenwald.
>>
>>82224288
But he's created no revered works.
Get out.
>>
>>82227502
Snyder's movies aren't really dark and edgy though.
>>
>>82227736

If they're not, that's a failure on his part. That's clearly what he's aiming for.
>>
getting a person that is more in love with Superman as a modern myth or concept than as a character was catastrophic for the DCEU
>>
Reminder that Christopher Reeve is dead and Zack Snyder is still alive.

Proof that God isn't real.
>>
File: 250px-DarkseidCrain.jpg (24KB, 250x264px) Image search: [Google]
250px-DarkseidCrain.jpg
24KB, 250x264px
>>82227888
God is real. He just isn't good.
>>
>>82227736
They're not? The only movie of his i haven't seen is the owls one, everything else always features edge to whatever extent

>Dawn of The Dead is an horror movie, the gore is a given (i kinda wish Snyder did more horror, i think he's suited for that)
>In 300 he added darker imagery like the tree full of corpses and all the abominations among the Persians
>Watchmen is full of slightly altered fight scenes to make things more violent, like Nite Owl breaking a man's arm and bones, Rorscharch stabbing that guy's head multiple times with a knife instead of just burning his house, or even smallet details like the closeup of a woman's finger exploding from bullets during the fake attack at Veidt
>Sucker Punch, even ignoring the action scenes, is just a big "DUDE, VIOLENCE AND RAPE AGAINST WOMEN LMAO im feminist btw"
>MoS' ending features thousands of people dying on screen, ends with a neck snap, and there's that scene of the big kryptonian crushing a pilot until he's only red goo
>BvS features arguably the most violent Batman ever that also planned to slaughter Superman with an "harpoon" instead of any kind of more civilized weapon like a bullet or whatever, it has demonic imagery just because, Lex also feels kinda edgy with the whole "MARTHA'S A WITCH, WITCHES GET BURNT"
>>
>DC actually handed their potential billion dollar movie universe to this petulant man child
fuck
>>
File: PDVD_000.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PDVD_000.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>82227981
Ah, forgot to remove the name
Also pic
>>
>>82227992
More importantly
>idiots on /co/ defend this shit for three years
>and will continue on doing so
>>
>>82227942
I think that Snyder will actually handle Darkseid well.
>>
>>82228091
Because he IS Darkseid.
>>
>>82228014
shit is that a picture of a Hyperion movie?

>>82228196
>Deadpool comes out of the movie to kill Zack.
>>
>>82228045

Actually I'm quite shocked at the amount of people on /co/ who are standing their ground and refusing to eat up Snyder's shit. Usually I assume that /co/ has the worst taste in everything and will just tow whatever company line they worship. But not lately.
>>
>>82228379
It's even better if you assume half of the people defending Snyder are doing it to either be deliberately contrarian or just for the reactions.
>>
>>82228410

Yeah, most of it is the reactions, I think. Trolls, basically.
>>
>>82224633
>Chinaman

That's not the preferred nomenclature, Donny.
>>
File: 1460772022763.jpg (99KB, 410x390px) Image search: [Google]
1460772022763.jpg
99KB, 410x390px
>you will never marry a hollywood producer and get to put garbage up on the big screen while getting payed millions doing it
Why isn't life fair?
>>
He didn't have any quips! WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM!
>>
>>82223574
calling him a hack is a bit much

dude can direct some pretty good scenes but his background was in music videos i think this is why his best work is always in scenes where the actors aren't even talking and it's just a montage

look at he beginning to Watchmen that whole song and set up was pretty sweet

i wonder what Kubrick would think of him i mean he does have the eye to detail for images and framing but not for story and substance he's like Michael Bayin that sense

inb4 Bay is stupid besides The Rock i really don't care for his work but let's give the guy some credit Bay isn't stupid he's actually pretty smart when he's choreographing scenes but in the end he's more interested in the spectacle of it all making it feel like a visual roller coaster rather than focusing on storytelling... neither is bad it is what it is

ok /tv/ let it rip i'm ready for the (You)s
>>
>>82229220
>calling him a hack is a bit much
It's really not.

When it comes to visual direction he does have a better eye for things but that's literally it. When it comes to the rest of his job, he is a pure hack
>>
>>82228410

Well, and some of them are just from /tv/
>>
>>82226230
you're horrible people bizzaro zack snyder
>>
>>82224485
>I don't even know what that thing with the Flash was all about, it just looked cool.
CONTEXT PLEASE
>>
>>82223711
He's you average Miller fan.
>>
>>82225004
The full quote is:

* I came to comic books through my mother. I loved fantasy art — I love Frank Frazetta [the famed illustrator known for adult-oriented, sword-and-sorcery, and sci-fi imagery]. I went to boarding school. You weren’t allowed too many posters up, and everything I set up was slightly inappropriate. Frazetta’s naked girls, ripped up guys — the kids were like, ”What the hell?!” They had their Boy George posters up, I had crazy Frazetta. My mother saw I was into this comic called Heavy Metal magazine, so she got me a subscription. You could call it ”high-brow” comics, but to me, that comic book was just pretty sexy! I had a buddy who tried getting me into ”normal” comic books, but I was all like, ”No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.” I was a little broken, that way. So when Watchmen came along, I was, ”This is more my scene.”

Hint: he always liked a CERTAIN section of comics. He's never been a fan of superhero comics, and this is something even Snyder has hinted at (i.e. "hurr durr superheroes talking in their costumes is so dumb"). In other words, there's a reason why he wanted to do 300 and Watchmen before he was hired to do regular DC characters.
>>
>>82230271

He sounds like someone from /co/ most of us are tired of cape characters, don't read cape books and are pretty pretentious. We got what you ass clowns prayed for.
>>
File: 1312048626776.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1312048626776.gif
2MB, 350x197px
Snyder is the only guy I've ever seen that has failed upwards.
He makes critically panned movies that bomb and is rewarded by being given even BIGGER and even more ambitious projects
How?
>>
>Snyder is still heading a huge movie franchise despite repeated mistakes
>Del Toro does only good and all his projects are cancelled or given to other directors who botch them
There is no justice in the world
>>
Zack Snyder is quite the enigma

I'm one of the few who enjoyed BvS a lot, an even I want him gone from any role where he has to make important decisions
>>
File: Brilliant Hack Snyder.png (1MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Brilliant Hack Snyder.png
1MB, 1920x800px
>>82223574
we seriously need to compile all these great Snyder quotes
>>
File: Laughing Whore.jpg (214KB, 345x336px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Whore.jpg
214KB, 345x336px
>>82223958
>mfw he did rape Superman and Batman last month
>>
>>82224595
Not only that, but they're letting him write JL...because Sucker Punch was so well recieved by everyone.
>>
>>82229220
>he's not a hack
>he's just a director who can't tell a story
>or direct dialog
>or be subtle
>or put out a good movie

Snyderfags are the worst.
>>
>>82227671
>300 movie
>>
>>82226032

he is a wose hack, he is forcing creative directors to make Iron Man 1 again and again
>>
holy kek at all this Butthurt

I fucking HOPE to god that Snyder is able to introduce Green Lantern, just so he can use the Lemonade scene from All Star Batman and Robin.
>>
>>82224283
most likely worse than the Cap and Thor movies we already have 2bh
>>
>>82230610
>make Iron Man 1 again and again

It's the 'every Marvel movie is Iron Man' meme.
>>
>>82224512
That sounded like Kevin Smith saying "Thank god your visuals are so strong."

... Are they though?
>>
>>82224617
Its almost as if the super heroes on site did EVERYTHING they could to save civilians?
>>
>>82223958
>But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie

I honestly almost spat my drink, no joke.
>>
>>82230271

He really is a pretentious 12 year old.
>>
>>82225004
He can say he loves comics all he wants but his movies say otherwise.
>>
>>82223844
This. He's condescending. I wouldn't mind, but most of the time he's just digging his own grave.
>>
>>82230347
>Snyder is the only guy I've ever seen that has failed upwards.

Google Peter Principle.
>>
>>82224617
>Remember, only 74 casualties in an alien invasion, less lives lost than during 9/11!
So you mean the world is better off for the existence of superheroes? What a novel fucking concept! This shit is the second dumbest meme you snyderfags have cooked up. Are you really asking us to be MAD that the characters tasked with saving lives managed to keep casualties so low?
>>
>>82230347

Who is Michael Bay.
>>
>>82230970
Michael Bay knows his movies are crap but doesn't care because people will see it anyway. Snyder is in denial
>>
>>82230970
Bay is honest. Refreshingly so.
>>
>>82231028
>>82231057

That's true.
>>
>>82230970

Bay makes garbage movie but he's never pretended to make deep cinema, he's always admitted he's a schlock peddler and his argument boils down to "I make movies for horny teenagers and if you don't like that go fuck yourself."

His films are mostly shit but he doesn't pretend it's anything but popcorn cinema.
>>
>>82224617
>>82224617
It's telling that Zack Snyder's fans think that superheroes saving lives is a bad thing
>>
>>82225253
I should rewatch this
>>
>>82223950
>They were killed at an opera

THEY WERE KILLED OUTSIDE OF A CINEMA SHOWING ZORRO, YOU MAGNIFICENT ASSHOLE.

I mean okay in some continuities it was an opera, but the default assumption is ALWAYS Zorro. Saying otherwise is like saying that baby Kal-El crashed in Amish country or the Ukraine.
>>
>>82224692
I SWEAR TO GAWD YOU WILL BELIEVE A MAN CAN FLY
>>
File: ABSWTCHMN-B-433.jpg (2MB, 1680x2490px) Image search: [Google]
ABSWTCHMN-B-433.jpg
2MB, 1680x2490px
>>82225095
>Nite-Owl is NOT meant to be Batman, conceptually or thematically. He's a representation of the ultimate extension of the colourful 'science adventurer' archetype that used to be popular in comics and wasn't any more by the time Watchmen was conceived, hence him being an overweight washed-up has-been who quit his responsibilities as a 'superhero'.

Bull fucking shit. Have you ever read Alan Moore's notes on Nite Owl?
>>
>>82230626

That would be right up his alley. Unfortunately, having Batman serve Green Lantern a suspicious glass of "lemonade" would be far too close to a joke, which as we all know is forbidden in the DCCU.
>>
>>82230970
Michael Bay is self-aware, is what he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9yt1M7S-8
>>
>>82226877
>Snyder producing Wonder Woman

Wow, look at all those lovely red storm clouds on the horizon...
>>
>>82231576
Anon isn't entirely wrong tho. At least once he gets out of retirement because of the events of the story, Nite Owl isn't supposed to be super cool, "he's not Batman" because the story needs him to be the shadow of a former Batman

It's a matter of presentation, the movie didn't try to make the character look bad in any way. I bet if his only real flaw they kept didn't concern sex Snyder would've tried to sweep it under the rug
>>
>>82230364
>pacific rim
>good
>>
>>82231528
>saying that baby Kal-El crashed in... the Ukraine.
We Red Son now?
>>
>>82231688
Of course he would produce it when he cast the character and introduced her
>>
File: 2007-10-05-thefirstmovie.png (135KB, 550x827px) Image search: [Google]
2007-10-05-thefirstmovie.png
135KB, 550x827px
>>82231528
>>
Why do people have such a hardon for maturity?
I don't like "maturity" as a concept, it's a bit fallacious. Every adult is an adult and by definition, any behavior adults have is adult behaviour. Bringing maturity into the mix tries to condemn some adult behaviors as non-adult and praise others for being suited for adults. While both are adult.

maturity at best describes what society expects of an adult, but what have social expectations to do with art or creating fictional make believe worlds?

Maturity in general is meh as a quality indicator and it definitely has no place in capefilms.
>>
I remember when they were trying to get a director for Man of Steel and Zack Snyder turned it down because he said that he didn't know how to do a film about Superman. Then few months later there was news about him accepting the job. Someone better find that interview.
>>
File: WHAT.jpg (8KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT.jpg
8KB, 240x240px
>>82223958
>”Batman’s dark.” I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie.
>>
>>82231936

Because they're probably young and insecure. Or even older and insecure. I've seen men as old as 35 who are still insecure about being viewed as childish by their peers. I'm assuming these people haven't had a lot of experience talking with other adults and are generally antisocial.
>>
>>82231936
You know if you said something like that to Snyder you'd probably blow his mind.
>>
>>82232087
Well, his brain doesn't seem that blow-proof, the guy is pretentious and shallow -at least as I can tell from interviews.
Then again, idiots usually don't get it when you explain why they're idiots.
>>
I wonder what Adam West thought about Batman vee Superman
>>
>>82230966
I...I love you.
>>
>>82231831
>implying
>>
>>82230602
It's only liked by bros who see it as a many experience. That doesn't count.
>>
>>82230966
I really think your point is solid, and the "lol 74" junk is a bit tired.

But, I also find that to be an unbelievably low number for what actually went down. I don't disagree with you on wanting the super heroes to be successful and mitigate damage, I just have trouble swallowing that little human damage from what I saw on screen.
>>
>>82232118
He was asking why Batman doesn't dance anymore. Remember the Batusi?
>>
>>82232561

How about we wait to see the number in the movie, instead of going by a trailer?
>>
>>82232608
Listen, you're confusing me with the rest of them. Not only do I agree with that, but I also don't actually care at all what number does go up in the final product.

If I was tasked with making the number, though, it would be >74.
>>
>>82230966
>you mean the world is better off for the existence of superheroes

You mean a world where Tony Stark and Thor are the direct source of several cataclysms or where Cap and Natasha basically helped create a massive information leak that created a huge hole in the defense capabilities of the United States?
>>
>>82223915
Why, because its a bad fit or a perfect fit?

Because if it suits his style, I'd want to see it too.

I don't hate Zack, but I just hate that they picked him to direct THESE films, I wish they never got him for this OR MoS in the first place (because it doesn't fit)

I loved 300, though.
>>
>>82228410
whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
>>82232561
See here's the thing. My initial reaction to the 74 number was the same as yours. That it was suspiciously low and read of damage control. But then I thought about it and realized two things.

1. Writers are notorious for having no sense of scale.
2. What exactly was Loki's goal? It wasn't to rack up a body count or destroy the earth. It was to rule it. It was to instill fear. The Chitauri can shoot empty cars and blow those up to accomplish that, which would account for a lower number. Ater all, like a week before we got that number there was that attack in Brussels that only had 30 seconding casualties and that was still a big worldwide news report.
People look at the events of the Avengers as an alien invasion and technically that is what it is, but the bad guys plans were more of a a terrorist attack than an eradication mission.

Also, you have to consider that what we're given the number dead, not dead AND injured.
>>
>>82224123
The last scene in modern-day in First Avenger was pretty much the scene that guaranteed that the audience was interested in his development and story; the film told his origin, the ending made people care.
>>
>>82224458

David Allen Grier gets shot in the ass in Blankman. That's more entertaining than MoS and BvS combined.
>>
>>82232754
>Cap and Natasha basically helped create a massive information leak that created a huge hole in the defense capabilities of the United States
SHIELD was compromised by Hydra pretty much from its conception. There was already a much larger hole in the United States' defense capabilities
>>
>>82224565

JIM WEST

DESPERADO
>>
>>82232907
Yeah. The number is still too low but that's due to the sense of scale being off. The Chitauri were fighting randomly and focusing on the Avengers and the cops.

The biggest problem with the number is that Loki killed more people himself according to Black Widow.
>>
>>82232907
>there was that attack in Brussels that only had 30 seconding casualties and that was still a big worldwide news report.

Because it was a terrorist attack by a crazy faux-khalifate wannabes taking place on the west, far away from their base of operations. Of course it was going to have coverage, successful jihadist terrorist attacks are not common in Europe.
>>
>>82232946
and they just made it bigger by dumping everything into the public eye, without vetting anything. Wikileaks at least made an active effort to scrub anything that might directly lead endangerment of lives, Cap and Natasha did none of that.
>>
File: 1436763889927.jpg (91KB, 395x635px) Image search: [Google]
1436763889927.jpg
91KB, 395x635px
>>82224402
Snyder needs to burn for his sins.
>>
>>82233000
Well they weren't
>>
>>82232907
I absolutely agree the invasion wasn't about large scale murder. I just think there was enough damage in a densely-packed urban environment that there would have been a lot more than 74 deaths.

And, again, I don't actually care. This is just academic.
>>
File: 1430748138897.jpg (311KB, 486x754px) Image search: [Google]
1430748138897.jpg
311KB, 486x754px
>>82223574

he is not wrong, after all Marvel would not be on the map if it wasn't for the alcoholic Tony Stark, teenager problems spider-man, childhood abused hulk, etc

Then comics with even more adult themes like the Killing Joke, Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen get praised as the best among the best.

So he is not wrong.
>>
>>82233258
The sex and the killing weren't what made those comics "mature"
>>
>>82232754
Hey, I'll buy that Tony is the direct source of a few cataclysms, but Thor certainly isn't, at least not in the MCU. He was exiled to Earth and hurt no one. He tried to get his Hammer back and killed no one in the process. Loki showed up to lie to him and Thor believed him. Thor resigned himself to living in exile on Earth, and it was Loki who decided that, no, he needed to kill him after all with the Destroyer

AND Thor almost immediately offered up his life in exchange for sparing the town that he had found himself in.

Thor didn't really "cause" anything in that movie, it was all Loki.
>>
>>82223711
>average comic fan

This explains a lot. A LOT.
>>
>>82225253
Technically, Disney's Hercules is only part-Superman. They also threw in a lot of Rocky in there.
>>
>>82224303
I could put up with a little rape for that
>>
>>82224744

Eh, I liked the reboot. Aside from her voice being weird.
>>
>>82226211

Considering they literally had to beg for money on Kickstarter to finish the Atlas Shrugged film series, I'm pretty sure that old buzzard is already spinning fast enough to power a city.
>>
>>82233258
Dude, you already tried this in the other thread, give up.
Baits like this work bettere on boards with anons less well-read on comics, like /tv/!
>>
>>82233401

This is probably why most of the anons on /co/ hate Thor (I still think the movies are good fuck 'em)
>>
>>82232587
the camera tilt cracks me up every time
>>
>>82233401

They probably should have got Straczynski for Man of Steel instead of David Goyer. Same amount of Jesus imagery but less man of murder.
>>
>>82224610
>Captain Britain
>>
>>82223574
I think his best movie was 300, i enjoy a lot that movie, it's snyder's style at his best but he can't handle other stories, everything after that was a downhill, specially after sucker punch
>>
>>82229220
He didn't direct the montage at the beginning of Watchmen, it was farmed out to a production company who normally handle adverts and music videos.

It's the best part of the film, and he had nothing to do with it. What doors that tell you about his filmmaking abilities?
>>
>>82235582
Have you got a citation for this? Because it is the funniest thing about Snyder in weeks.
>>
>>82234324

explain me why is watchmen considere to be the best graphic novel, then?

Because it had adult themes and good writing, that's why
>>
>>82235582
>He didn't direct the montage at the beginning of Watchmen

this is false
>>
>>82235651
And those themes weren't "sex and violence are cool"

Also because of the art, but expect a /tv/ thread to ignore that
>>
>>82231348
I realised this after BvS, Snyder is just a slightly elevated Michael Bay. Whereas Bay thinks special effects and hot skanks = filmmaking, Snyder thinks adapting disparate scenes from comics by meticulously copying panels and dialogue even though divorced of context they make no fucking sense = filmmaking.

This is how he was able to make a Watchmen movie where he literally cut the comic up as a storyboard AND had Dave Gibbons to help him, and still missed the entire fucking point. It's also why BvS is so bad, he just doesn't have the ability to link scenes, he can't add the right connective tissue to the Frankenstein-like skeletons he constructs.
>>
>>82235711
>"sex and violence are cool"

and was that Snyder's opinion on the subject?

It wasn't, he meant that characters were not acting like real people.

Just like nobody has sex ever in Marvel films, you can't relate to characters that don't act like adults

''language!!!!!'' said the murderous soldier
>>
>"No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me."

Exactly what I think when I see those tumblr-nosed, hitler youth haircut, adventuretim-ish designs webcomics out there.

Every webcomic is either slice of life with attempts at "comedy" or something about a chosen one fighting demons.
>>
>>82235954
>>"No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me."

my feeling watching Age of Ultron, Winter Soldier, Thor, etc

According to the movies, Cap is a virgin.
>>
>>82235763
>and was that Snyder's opinion on that?
Seeing how he lovingly rendered the sex and violence of Watchmen while the deeper themes went over his head, yes
>>
>>82235763
>Just like nobody has sex ever in Marvel films
because they aren't about the sex?
I mean, it has romance parts for the girlfriend dragged to the movie but besides that they gloss over that whole part
though you forgot all the times they pretty blatantly had sex (starlord)
>>
>>82235763

There are lots of people who never have sex, I shouldn't have to point that out here of all places.

I've never seen Batman pop a squat and take a poop between fights.

Everybody poops. They even wrote a book about it.

Guess that means Batman doesn't act like a real person.

What a fucking shock
>>
>>82236601
This movie had piss in a jar. Next movie will have a character shit in a bag.
>>
I'm so completely utterly lost right now, but that's because I've only ever seen one Snyder movie.
Can someone give me, as someone who doesn't know shit about DC, a rundown of what's wrong with Snyder?
>>
>>82236795
Just look at his imdb
>>
>>82236795
Read the thread moron
>>
>>82223832
I'd watch it, but it wouldn't be good. Ennis' work in MAX is too realistic. Snyder's over stylized effects would be a detriment.

I don't need to see Fury's gun ejecting spent brass in slow motion with dramatic lighting every time he shoots. Or Frank's shadow being a skull.
>>
>>82236956
I did, and I said I don't know jack shit enough about DC to be "in" on any of this
>>
>>82231576
Except that image makes it clear that Blue Beetle is a bigger influence.
>>
>>82237018
>>82237018
What's not to get that Zack Snyder is shit director?
>>
>>82236601
There was that time he shit his pants

Thanks, Kevin Smith
>>
Batman v Superman was better than any marvel movie, so there.
>>
The way people on /co/ react to Zack Snyder is pretty much the same way Christians reacted to Scorsese after Last Temptation of Christ. He besmirched our icons, how dare he!
>>
>>82237111
Yeah but Marvel movies are pretty much shit. Not much of an accomplishment really.
>>
>>82237320
Yeah but people will eat that shit and come back for seconds, but this shit is somehow a travesty.
>>
>>82237233
Don't compare Snyder to Scorsese, he's not worthy of that.
>>
>>82237233
Ok
Then look at every other single community not related to comics and see what they thought of the movie.
It was just a bad movie, and it being a bad super hyped /co/ movie obviously riles up /co/
>>
>>82237425
He's a film director who used existing cultural icons to tell his own story and was lambasted for it by ignorant devotees. The comparison is apt.
>>
>>82237111
>Batman v Superman was better than any marvel movie, so there.
>>
>>82237499
People didn't like it because superhero movies are supposed to be "fun" and BvS was most definitely not that.
>>
>>82237529
Look in your heart, you know it to be true.
>>
>>82237545
Yeah, people hate dark super hero movies like the Dark Knight
>>
>>82237689
That was before Marvel rewrote everyone's expectations.
>>
File: i turned my wife into a meme.jpg (287KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
i turned my wife into a meme.jpg
287KB, 1280x853px
>>82237574
>Look in your heart, you know it to be true.

BvS was unpleasant to watch. The first hour is agonizing.

The worst Marvel movies are just flat or unmemorable.
>>
>>82237545
>People didn't like it because superhero movies are supposed to be "fun" and BvS was most definitely not that.

Worse, it was boring.
>>
>>82237718
Literally 2 months after Iron Man
>>
>>82237718
No anon.

People hate BvS because it's a horrible fucking movie.
>>
>>82237500
>tell his own story

Which was an awful, stupid story.

How the fuck can people still defend Snyder? The man is clearly an incompetent asshat.
>>
>>82237500
Last Temptation was a good storstory told well

BvS is a bad story told terribly
>>
>>82237364
Because BVS was a travesty
>>
>>82237899
What was stupid about the story? Besides the fact that it wasn't a classic superhero tale.
>>
>>82237111
Here's your (you).
>>
>>82233679
Wait, they had to beg for hand outs to make the movie? Doesn't that go completely counter to their whole philosophy?
>>
>>82238028
They're not against charity, just taxation.
>>
>>82237689
Dark Knight was dark not in tone but in shot. The movie was pure popcorn that wrapped itself in pseudointellectual fluff.
And WB paid GOD LOADS O' money to push the SO DEEP SO BRILLIANT thing.

If Ledger didn't die the second would have more then likely tanked though.

Snyder honestly should have just been given JL and started with a new more outlandish Batman and had someone who can write fun stuff write the stories.

>>82237425
He's a pseudo intellectual who's too up his own asshole to understand his own talent level.

This will keep him as an eternal bitch nigga who will never reach his own true potential as the man who can unseat Bay as the king of box office action.
>>
>>82238083
Didn't Rand kick up a giant fuss over not getting her old people welfare?
>>
>>82231528
He's probably going by the then-recent Batman Begins, where they where watching a performance of Die Fledermaus.

The Zorro thing is relatively recent; in the golden/silver age it wasn't actually described. Its Miller who really pushed the Zorro thing. Gotta give Snyder credit, BvS DOES have him walking out of.."The Mark of Z", which I guess is a copyright friendly way of paying homage. And of course, he does brand people in the movie, too.
>>
>>82231936
Part of being mature is knowing that it's not about being all hoity-toity. Maturity takes many forms - responsibility, worldliness, understanding, thoughtfulness, moderation, just to name a few. Handling a topic in a mature way is very different from handling it in the way Snyder does it. Zootopia, for instance, handles racism in a very mature way, because it shows all the odd grey areas and different levels that come with racism instead of just reducing it down to 'it's bad, mmkay.'

Snyder, meanwhile, dresses up BVS in all these Christ metaphors and allusions to terrorism and shit, but it's all for nothing. He doesn't handle the issue maturely, he just struts around and toots his trumpet without bothering to say anything meaningful. He recycles scenes from better creators despite demonstrating no understanding of them. He tosses in high-minded imagery to compensate for the fact that, when you get down to it, the only part of his movies that people like is when the big man hit the other big man with the toilet.
>>
>>82237962
>it wasn't a classic superhero tale
Really? Because aside from the political thriller plot hamfistedly inserted in the middle, it was a pretty standard "bad guy has plan, good guys stop plan, bad guy goes to jail" superhero plot

The only difference is Snyder killed off Clark Kent
>>
>>82238197
He handles the issues of power more maturely than any Superhero movie up to this point, possibly excepting Watchmen. He actually has the courage to not give an easy answer.
>>
>>82238298

That's not true at all.

BvS makes no statements about power.
>>
>>82237018
Then why do you give a shit?
>>
When will he get fired?
>>
>>82238298
>He actually has the courage to not give an easy answer.

Or maybe he's just an idiot who can't actually give a good answer?
>>
>>82238357
The movie is all about power, how can you watch it and not see that? It shows how Superman is both made compassionate and maybe irreparably compromised by his human relationships, it shows how dehumanising the enemy allows all manner of revenge to seem just, and it shows how powerlessness and fear drive people to create their own enemies. There are lines in the film that flat out say "Power cannot be innocent", "Ignorance is not the same as innocence" etc. Superman's very existence has unintended consequences all over the world. It's all about trying to do good in a murky morally compromised world.
>>
>>82238470
Hey if you can come up with an answer to the problems of power, responsibility, and evil in the world then you're smarter than every person who's ever walked the earth.
>>
>>82238556
You know there's such a thing as political philosophy, right?

A good answer isn't the same thing as a solution.
>>
>>82238507
superman isnt shown as compassionate, if anything he's frowning whenever he shows any amount of compassion that isnt directed towards lois. him being "compassionate" about confronting Batman has him say "no one stays good in this world".
>>
>>82238106
>If Ledger didn't die the second would have more then likely tanked though.
>tanked
what evidence do you have of this? Why can't anyone like the dark knight anymore without ledger's death being brought up all the time? The dark knight was comparatively more serious and dark than ironman and the incredible hulk. Batman begins was dark as well and people liked it
>>
>>82238556
i think presenting those problems doesn't make it automatically brilliant. someone who cant convey those ideas well shouldnt be commended for justbringing them up
>>
>>82238639
Superman is shown as wanting to do good but extremely conflicted about how to do it.
>>
>>82238704
>The dark knight was comparatively more serious and dark than ironman and the incredible hulk.
No it wasn't.
>>
>>82238736
>wanting to good
He sure doesn't seem to want to in the montage
>>
>>82238717
It's a damn sight more than what most of these movies even attempt. And how were they not conveyed well? It's all there if you bother to look.
>>
>>82227177
Seriously. Google Image "Henry Cavill Smile". You get page after page of him at premiers and interviews. Notice what *isn't* there? Anything of him in costume as Superman.
A Superman who can't smile is quite literally not muh Superman.
>>
>>82238736
i get that, but i think its more you fillingg in the blanks for the filmmakers, rather than the filmmakers showing this idea well. i still think him being a moody little bitch isnt that great when we only have one scene establishing that he might have, you know, feelings. that bathtub scene with lois is like the only breadcrumb we get. you have to humanize him some more, make him seem more relatable if people are going to care
>>
>>82238774
Because he wasn't smiling during a flood, or while dragging a ship across the ice, or when saving that rocket from an explosion? What expression should he have had?
>>
>>82238747
>the necessity of heroes and how heroes can be tarnished
vs
>arms dealing is bad
and
>the military is bad
>>
>>82238736
Hey, remember when a bomb went off right next to him in a crowded room and instead of looking for survivors or looking for information or seeking medical attention or doing anything, he stood there with a gormless expression and then flew off?
>>
>>82238845
When he saves that kid in Mexico he just looks kind of sad while people worship

That was the perfect opportunity to have him smiling and interacting with people, BUT NO

THIS SUPERMAN IS BROODY AND THEREFORE DEEPER THAN NORMAL SUPERMAN
>>
>>82238838
>but i think its more you fillingg in the blanks for the filmmakers, rather than the filmmakers showing this idea well.

How is it me filling in the blanks when he outright says all that stuff during the balcony scene with Lois? It's completely explicit.
>>
>>82238747
>joker surgically putting bombs into people
>main portag love interest dying mid-
>the writing style and the directorial choices for batman joker, and harvey dent throughout the enitre movie.
>joker trying to pressure people to blow each other up
>no it wasn't
>>
>>82238895
>telling
>not showing
I think that is very much the definition of bad film-making
>>
>>82238868
He had that expression because he failed to stop the bombing.
>>82238894
He is uncomfortable with being venerated.
>>
>>82238929
That is not the expression of a man whose carelessness has led to multiple deaths. He looks like he's trying to remember if he left the oven on.
>>
>>82238922
Now you're just nitpicking, it had dialogue so it's bad?
>>
>>82238964
It had bad dialogue so it's bad.
>>
>>82238954
They say autistic people have trouble reading facial expression so it's not your fault, but you're an idiot.
>>
>>82238964
Having a character telling you what their emotions are is both bad writing and bad film-making
>>
>>82238995
Well then Zack Snyder must have autism too
>>
>>82238929
Ok, that's when he takes the initiative and starts talking to them, befriending them, stops being the ineffable god he doesn't want to be and starts being a person who is happy to do the best he can
>>
>>82238922
Yea the end scene of Blade Runner is fucking miserable
>>
>>82239009
Literally every superhero movie has done this so I guess they're all bad now? That's the stupid conclusions you reach when you take a rule of thumb and apply it to everything indiscriminately.
>>
>>82238995
>y-you have autism so you're wrong

Get that still, look at it, then tell me that's the face of a man who just saw, like, fifteen people die from his own carelessness. Also, I'll note you ignored the point about him not, you know, looking for survivors.
>>
>>82238432
NEVER HAAHAHA
>>
>>82238704
99% of every single fucking piece of marketing was about heath ledgers death and final performance of the gay cowboy.

NONE of it was about batmans story or cinematography or anything else.

How poorly the third did comparatively and how it was savaged by critics and fans alike should tell you something.
>>
>>82239045
Superman can't just have his power and decide to be an ordinary guy. Lois says as much during the bathtub scene "I don't know if it's possible for you to love me and be you."
>>
>>82238894
is this autism?

Hes literally smiling in that scene, and then becomes dismayed as the crowd starts worship him
>>
>>82239070
He didn't look for survivors because that's not important to the story of the film. Did the Avengers look for survivors after the battle of NY? No, because it's a movie and no one cares about that.
>>
>>82239081
>how poorly the third one did comparatively
Almost exactly the same is poorly comparatively now?
>>
>>82223574
To be fair, he's talking about when he was a teenager
>>
>>82239097
Yes he can, you moron

That is literally

LITERALLY

the point of the character
>>
>>82239201
>the point of the character

Not in this adaptation.
>>
>>82239106
I must be actually blind because I don't remember him smiling at all after the two seconds when he walks in on Lois>>82239214
>>
>>82239081
none of it? I distinctly remember the opening of the trailers was the joker describing the effect batman had on gotham. Along with bale saying something about what he have to become to stop a man like him. Remember "you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"? Yeah people were sad that he died, but they also loved the performance he gave. People love RDJ as ironman, but hes still living last I checked. You still have mostly positive BB and TDKR reviews and box office numbers for the third one
>>
>>82239214
So you acknowledge this adaptation misses the point of the character yet refuse to acknowledge that this is a bad thing
>>
>>82239140
They did show several scenes of the heroes saving people though.
>>
>>82238868
wew lad, myabe you should stick to Jeph Loeb comics.

The point of the scene is Superman in grief at the fact that he was unable to prevent all the deaths as he never even considered that such a thing could happen, that he believed at his core that people are good. The entire point of the scene was for Luthor to shake Superman to his core.

Were there survivors? The movie certainly does not let on that there are any. Is there narrative use to show Superman looking? No. Stop looking at the film trying to justify scenes where you can insert "MUH SUPERMAN" in.
>>
>>82238798
bitch, I watched the movie twice. further more, i still think failing to do something means you FAIL. Superman is a talking point in the film. all of the issues surrounding him, his presence on earth, if he's good or bad, its all just a backdrop for a standard VS fight. anything to do with these issues is dropped from the story once Lex Luthor starts being an asshole and killing people. the themes of superman's existence are dropped because, oh well, now he's dead. Did we need a superman? well, he's dead, so maybe yes? because we feel sorry? (totally not jesus symbolism, btw). in any case, the issue is less of a theme the movie tackles and more of just something for pseudo intellectuals to cream themselves over, with no real effect on the overall story. What superman does right for mankind in the film is more the movie trying to make us believe superman is selfless and good. its not like its selfless to kill Doomsday, or save the people he saves, because it only means maybe the tv talking heads will give him some slack. i dont buy that hes doing all of that out of the kindness of his heart
>>
>>82239222
He's smiling when he gets ready to fuck.
>>
>>82239252
Theres no place in modern culture for a perfect Superman. That character is invalid.
>>
>>82239284
He does it because he loves Lois.
>>82239252
Adaptations needn't be faithful.
>>
>>82239319
Superman isn't perfect, he's just a guy doing the best he can

Granted, his best is a lot more than an ordinary human can do, but he's not perfect. He's still one man. He can't save everyone, but goddammit he's going to try because he KNOWS he's doing the right thing.

Snyder Superman has none of that
>>
>>82239378
>but goddammit he's going to try because he KNOWS he's doing the right thing.

That's what Snyder is getting at with his movie, Superman can only be absolutely good if morality is absolute. Consider this excerpt from an article on the film.

>This is the world into which Snyder drops the likeness of Superman, once America’s symbol of generic moral absolutism. A world in which a baseline of morality is an impossible calculation, in which any entity that assumes moral autonomy and exercises power to enforce it upon a population is immediately a tyrant to all and a monster to many. There is no black and white left on the illustration of human morality. Rather, 2016’s illustration of morality might be a Pollock-style rendering of vibrant splotches with no gray areas allowing Superman’s red-and-blue to provide scale.

>http://www.audienceseverywhere.net/zack-snyders-superman/
>>
>>82239370
Well look

The only times in comics where Superman has only been Superman for the entirety, with no trace of being just a guy are when he's straight-up evil or an actual Nazi

Are those really the comparisons that should be drawn?
>>
>>82239378
That's literally Snyder's Superman
>>
>>82223574
The mans' not a hack, he just doesn't understand his own strengths and has too much an ego to recognize or acknowledge his own weaknesses.
And to be honest, he doesn't lack the talent to make a good Superman. Just the balls.

There are scenes in MoS that are truly amazing, and fantastic.

But there are also scenes that just completely falls flat. It's like watching a guy who just wants to kick the shit out of stuff try to think up a good way to not kick the shit out of stuff.

You know what, how much would it take for disney to buy snyder and put him on a thor remake or better yet an incredible hulk.

They'll never give him batman or the justice league because they're basically throwing the dumbass under the bus.
>>
>>82239535
Snyder isn't getting at anything.

At most he stumbles into something entirely by accident.
>>
>>82239550
It certainly is not

He's unsure of himself, conflicted about being a hero, and his human persona is barely there.
>>
>>82239547
He does act like a normal guy plenty of times in the movie. I'm just saying he still isn't one and never will be.
>>
>>82239594
>He's unsure of himself, conflicted about being a hero
Yeah
>his human persona is barely there.
Being unsure of yourself and conflicted sounds pretty human to me.
>>
>>82239594
>He's unsure of himself, conflicted about being a hero, and his human persona is barely there.
>He's unsure of himself, conflicted about being a hero,
>and his human persona is barely there.

oh dear
>>
>>82239275
He doesn't seem to be in grief. At best, he's mildly peeved.
>>
>>82239140
But I thought this movie was more mature than Avengers?
>>
>>82239670
>>82239732
There's nothing apart from that to make him feel human.
>>
>>82239862
That pissjar sure was mature.
>>
>>82239866
There's his relationships with Lois, and Martha. But I guess you're right, apart from all the times they humanised him.
>>
>>82239900
That was funny though.
>>
>>82239949
The hero making a sarcastic remark? That ruins the movie; I can't take it seriously anymore, all the stakes are gone.

Implying the main villain goes peepee in a jar? Comedy gold.
>>
>>82240063
It was both funny and petulantly evil. So it worked.
>>
>>82239370
>Adaptations needn't be faithful.
but they need to be good
>>
>>82240111
Lex shouldn't be petulant to anyone but Superman

Being petulant implies that others have the capability to insult you, like they're on your level
>>
>>82239909
>his relationship with Lois
Which they completely skipped in favor of going straight to living together
>and his mother
Quite possibly the easiest and most brain-dead way to humanize anyone
>>
>>82233258
>Only dark comics get recogniton
Didn't Bone and All-Star Superman pocket Eisners?
>>
>>82239732
>>82239594
>>82239550

Snyder's Superman is conflicted, but he lacks the human warmth and optimism people expect from Superman. He never smiles.

For a conflicted, warm Superman take a look at Birthright. Or Last Son. Or What Price Tomorrow. Or Grant's Action Comics run.

Clark's a very warm, caring dude. He's adorable in a lot of ways. Snyder Clark feels like a disaffected millennial.
>>
>>82240754
So did Gumby Summer Fun Special #1, and Batman Adventures Holiday Special.
Plenty of light hearted silly an campy titles have won Eisners, so the next step of this argument is probably going to be people claiming that Eisners don't count.
>>
>>82240369
>Quite possibly the easiest and most brain-dead way to humanize anyone
And they did that poorly as well. They should have just used smallville's martha.
>>
>>82240111
I liked Lex in The Black Ring, Man for all Seasons, and Birthright. He's dismissive of everyone but has OCD when it comes to Superman because Superman is one of the few people to see him for the selfish prick he really is.
>>
>>82239319
Prove it.
>>
File: burning.jpg (63KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
burning.jpg
63KB, 416x416px
>mfw "Cape Genetics"
>>
>>82239319
But Geoff Johns Superman sells well and All-Star got an Eisner. Clearly there's demand anon
>>
>>82241294
Wait. Are they actually using the Dan Jurgens metagene concept?
>>
>>82238507
Saying things exist is not the same thing as uitilizing them in a story. Snyder introduced elements, certainly, but he draws no conclusions with them.
>>
>>82239909
>But I guess you're right, apart from all the times they humanised him.
Introducing a mountain of character flaws isn't all there is to humanizing a character.
>>
>>82224417
/co/ wants Morrison to direct a Superman movie, though
>>
>>82241409
No. You remember that scene at the end of Man of Steel, where we see a flashback of a young Clark wearing a red cape for seemingly no reason?
Snyder explained that as "Clark's alien genetics make him want to subconsciously wear a cape."

Depsite the whole natural birth thing being introduced so that he wouldn't have to be a slave to his genetics.
>>
>>82241721
I can honestly say I'd rather have Max Landis doing these movies. American Alien Lex > Piss Jar Eisenberg
>>
>>82241727
>His alien genetics make him want to wear a cape

...That's disturbingly silver agey for a Superman that's designed to be gritty and dark.
>>
File: 1459730969019.jpg (46KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
1459730969019.jpg
46KB, 960x544px
>>82223958
Okay I'm on the Snyder hate bandwagon now.
>>
>>82241766
At this point yes. I don't like American Alien and I don't like that issue of Adventures he did with Superman and Joker, but by god he's better than Snyder.

>>82241721
>Grant

It'll probably crash and burn. I love Grant but I think he'll try to cram too much into the movie. But he'll at least remember to make Superman warm.
>>
>>82241787
Snyder puts things in because he thinks they're cool. He doesn't actually have a plan or give a shit about how scenes fit together; they just have tow work in the moment.

See, the guy got into the industry with music videos and he thinks that same kind of music video logic (where you can be in a desert one second and a dance party by the pool the next and you can rely on the music to establish character) will translate to film.
>>
>>82241727
I always though that scene made no sense but it didn't matter because it's the emotional aspect that is important... or that there were superhero comic books in this world so Clark would wear a cape pretending to be one...

but then he explains with this shit
lmao
>>
>>82241845
>Bat Rape

Superman's character getting raped didn't turn everyone against him. But I bet Joker raping Batman will.

I bet it will happen. I really think it will. Just watch. Batman is getting raped.
>>
>>82241787
Silver age Superman was nothing but darkness and grit. There was even an arch where he became an anti-hero
>>
>>82231348
>>82231057
>>82231028

Snyder is more cpmparable to Tim Burton. Except Burton has made gopd movies before.
>>
>>82241917
>That there were superhero comic books in this world

A smart director would have made a reference to the JSA and have kid Clark dress up and act like Hourman/Doctor Fate/Doctor Midnight.
>>
>>82241917
>I always though that scene made no sense but it didn't matter because it's the emotional aspect that is important..
The problem with doing that is that if you fail to connect with the audience on an emotional level you've shot a dumb scene. And this Superman has a real hard time impacting some (maybe even most) of the audience emotionally.
>>
File: faorasears.png (262KB, 675x422px) Image search: [Google]
faorasears.png
262KB, 675x422px
>>82241727
"kid Clark was wearing a cape because he's familiar with Zorro, Scarlet Pimpernel, and other old caped adventurers." would be the obvious answer I would have gone with. But good ol' Zack found a better way.
>>
>>82241959
>Snyder is more cpmparable to Tim Burton.
How do you figure? Burton has a signature aesthetic, yes, but his movies tend toward the cloyingly sweet more than actually dark or gritty.
>>
>>82241951
>Silver Age
There was an arc where he became EVERYTHING.
>>
>>82242113

Look at the reply chain. I'm not saying his movies look like Burton's movies. I'm saying his attitude toward the movies he makes is similar to Burton. He thinks he's better than he is, unlike Michael Bay who completely lacks pretension.
>>
>>82242294
I don't know if I agree to that either though. Is Burton notoriously pretentious or is he just doing his thing?

If Snyder is like anyone, I think he's like Shyamalan.
>>
>>82235746
Not so much 'filmmaking' just ticket selling, like porn, you're not usually there for the director's vision, you're just there for whats in front of the camera.
Crossing mediums of movies, comics, books, etc, there has often been a lack of actually properly adapting what made the original compelling, Say Hitman movies, sure you have tattooed bald guy, but he's not the silent assassin he's renowned to be, he's apparently Rambo in a business suit.
Obviously with other characters there's more to the narrative than just making them look like high production cosplayers, but that's what Snyder has done seemingly. Who wants a mopey asshole Superman? And Lex that was literally cast specifically because the actor had no fucking clue who Lex was.
>>
>>82224485
>>The popular notion that Batman doesn't kill comes from Tim Burton's movies
What? Source?
>>
>>82224747
No anon, do you see the current state of DCEU? We'll be lucky to get the movies they've already promised, espicially if things keep going the way they are
>>
>>82225004

He may love comics but he's still a retard when it comes to understanding them.
>>
File: sup fin.jpg (40KB, 314x386px) Image search: [Google]
sup fin.jpg
40KB, 314x386px
I never knew it was possible to hate someone I never met, but then along comes Zack.
>>
>>82226211
>>82226390
>>82226505
Ok so real talk for a second, does anybody mind explaining what the fuck Atlas Shruggeds about? My sophomore year of high school my science teacher would send back all our graded papers with the words I Am John Gault and none of us understood why (he refused to explain and told us to look it up). I just finished a course in college were my professor partially explained it but wouldn't go into detail
>she was big into capitalism
>the bad guys are good in her book
>she had a cult thing with politicians where she got to sleep with anyone in her inner circle
>she was buried with a tombstone of the money sign

That's pretty much all he would say bout it.
>>
>>82230957
Wow that's actually pretty interesting, didn't know there was a name for this, and it makes an odd bit of sense
>>
>>82243770

Are you asking what the plot is or what the themes are?

>who is john gault

In the context of the story, it's basically a phrase indicating "Why ask such meaningless questions?" It's something along the lines of "Asking [thing] is like asking how deep the ocean is or how tall the sky is, or who is John Gault?"

It's basically Rand's version of "humor."
Thread posts: 512
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.