[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reverse Flash, Best Flash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Reverse-Flash_(Tom_Cavanagh).jpg (33KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
Reverse-Flash_(Tom_Cavanagh).jpg
33KB, 250x350px
Man, I forgot how much I loved Reverse Flash.

He was genuinely unnerving, you could never (or at least rarely) guess quite what he was up to at the time, and really - Cavanagh really put it over so well that I've never felt his his lack so much since he 'died' and swapped characters. Even the guy playing the 'true' face of the character never sold it so well, either. The real Wells just isn't quite as compelling being normal with dad-angst.

Seeing his again in E17 was amazing, but I think really had the wrong effect. He was supposed to have the key for Barry to stop Zoom. Instead, I just got reminded how much better he was, and how much I want him back as a recurring antagonist, and Zoom to go away. The play between the more mature Barry and Eobard was amazing.
>>
>>81859137
Mostly agree. S2E17 highlighted how much better he is/was as a villain than anything current.
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
>>81859137
Reverse Flash is terrifying without the costume. That's all that needs to be said. While I appreciate the idea making Zoom seem somewhat "inhuman" based on costume design, the one track mindedness of Reverse Flash is in a league of its own.
>>
>>81859137
THIS
H
I
S
>>
>>81860038
Zoom is so shit.
I get that they wanted him to be (at least before he reveals himself) Michael Myers with speedforce, which could've been a cool idea, but they're dragging it for 20+ episodes, so he doesn't really feel like a looming threat waiting to strike,
>>
>>81860287
>but they're dragging it for 20+ episodes, so he doesn't really feel like a looming threat waiting to strike
You just hit the nail on the head. He did some serious fuckery with Barry in episode six but then peaces out for the large majority of Season 2. At least Wells was a continual presence every single episode
>>
Reverse Flash might be my favorite comic villain. His one shot for flashpoint cemented him in the top 2 With Captain Boomerang, but they alternate.

He's just so cold, and he ruins Barry's life over and over because he can, and if Barry stops him, there could be huge unintended consequences
>>
Do you think they would ever pull some Paradoxical timeline shit to displace Eowells Reverse Flash to keep Cavanagh not only as a series guest, but return him to the Reverse Flash role?
>>
>>81860610
Absolutely. We've already seen most of Cavanagh's story. We need to see the other side of it (like his first actual encounter with Barry).
>>
I liked both actors. I really don't think I prefer one over the other. Both bring a certain something to Eobard that's great.
>>
>>81860287
>>81860378
IMO, it's not even that they're dragging it out.

It's just that he's a supervillain....of Earth-2.

Earth-2 is interesting as a concept but -- especially as the audience -- if it were to go to hell, I wouldn't give a shit. And the essential problem is that Zoom is pretty much only terrorizing Earth-2 so far. I don't know what the next episode is going to bring to the table, but again, *so far*, the overwhelming majority of his offenses and crimes have been on Earth-2.

And heck, not just that, but we barely even see him do those things. We just get news reports that Zoom killed a bunch of people -- terrifying, amirite? I mean, the "worst" thing that we've seen him do so far is kill his henchmen -- but they were evil Earth-2 doppelgangers of characters who we like, so we didn't even give a crap about them dying! (I didn't care, at least)

Reverse-Flash was so much better because -- even though had a lot of reason to keep himself completely hidden -- he couldn't help but occasionally kill people and be ridiculously evil. And not just that, but kill people on Earth-1, who actually mattered to (our) Barry and Team Flash.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.