[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We should have a thread about the best comic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1 Suicide squad advice.jpg (127KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
1 Suicide squad advice.jpg
127KB, 488x750px
We should have a thread about the best comic
>>
I'm just happy the trades have been coming out regularly Best thing about the movie
>>
I'm still mad Orlando isn't taking over the Rebirth book. He's writing the Squad so well in Midnighter.
>>
>>81689239
I'd rather discuss the new upcoming movie which can lead to fresh discussion and not you know something that came out 30 years ago repeating the same stale discussion.
>>
>>81689654
Okay, what about the new film interests you?
>>
>>81689728
I'm curious as to what the threat they are being assembled for may be. Whether it is an original threat for the movie or something taken from the comics.
>>
>>81689838
I think the main antagonist could be the Joker.
>>
>>81689239
I don't see JLI, but Squad can pass.
>>
File: Suicide Squad.jpg (720KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Squad.jpg
720KB, 1250x1250px
>>81689654
You failed to generate new discussion.

Go back to /tv/.
>>
>>81689654
holy shit. this is everything wrong with /co/.
Not 'hey lets talk about the direction SS is heading now in the nu52 or runs as good as ostranders.

No lets talk about the movies cos who gives a fuck about comics.

An honestly perfect example as to why this place has gone to shit.
>>
>>81689239
Anyone else want Adam Cray to come back? He was around for such a short time, but he was pretty damn cool. And he never even got his revenge. ;-;
>>
>>81689654
You're a cunt
>>
>>81690816
Fuck him, he ruined Ravan's blood oath.
>>
File: hb1600_1200.jpg_1.jpg (270KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hb1600_1200.jpg_1.jpg
270KB, 1600x1200px
>>81689239
>We should have a thread about the best comic

Yes, I'd love a Hellboy thread.
>>
>>81690863
Ravan was an asshole. Cray was cooler, and Bronze Tiger was a better assassin.
>>
>>81690989
But Kobra was the biggest asshole. Kobra needed to die, and Cray prevented Ravan from killing Kobra.
>>
>>81691030
That's true. But still, he had a great costume, an interesting arc, and he was killed off because some Z-lister thought he was Palmer. It's sad.
>>
>>81690528
There's like 8 threads discussing it? What?
>>
>>81691123
All those threads are basically
>HA HA HA SO DAMAGED MOM'S GONNA FREAK LIGHTS CAMERA INSANITY
>DC IS RUINED, ALL HAIL MARVEL
>WILL SMITH? BUT I HATE BLACK PEOPLE! MARGOT ROBBIE? BUT I HATE WOMEN!
>MARVEL IS RUINED, ALL HAIL DC
>FUCK I'M SO HORNY I WOULD FUCK HER SO FUCKING HARD FUGGGGGGG
repeating endlessly.

Why did Hiro forsake us? We need /cpsht/ to save /co/.
>>
>>81689654
>I'd rather talk about movies than comics on /co/
This is the problem with /co/. Movie/TV discussions should seriously be banned from /co/.
>>
What does Suicide Squad crossover with. ANd what are other things I should read for Ostrander's run?
>>
>>81691266
But this comic is capeshit. That board would send you and this thread there with the movies.
>>
>>81691309
Simultaneously read Justice League (1987) alongside Suicide Squad (1987), switching back and forth with every issue.

And here's the big crossover that Suicide Squad is part of:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janus_Directive#Bibliography
>>
>>81691323
>not knowing how board overlap works
Seriously? Are you for reals? Quit playing dumb.

>right now
The Suicide Squad movie can be discussed on /co/ AND /tv/, because it overlaps for both boards.

>in the ideal world of /cpsht/
The Suicide Squad comic can be discussed on /co/ AND /cpsht/, because it overlaps for both boards.
The Suicide Squad movie can be discussed on /tv/ AND /cpsht/, because it overlaps for both boards.

Overlap is not a new concept.
>>
I loved Ostrander's run because even with a group of supervillains, he created a story which was humane. Unlike the splash pages filled action sequence which the squad books have been since it's re incarnation, Ostrander's run was much more grounded, character driven with clever political plots. I think it was a product of it's time due to the cold war. It just doesn't look the same today. The movie seems to be taking cues from the modern runs rather than Ostrander's.
>>
>>81689613
But he's taking over Supergirl right? That'll be fun
>>
You would think there would be a story time happening in this thread
>>
>>81691973
No it won't.
>>
>>81691942

>The movie seems to be taking cues from the modern runs rather than Ostrander's.

I like David Ayer but "complicated plotting" has never been something he's bothered with. It was never going to be the Ostrander political thriller fans wanted.
>>
File: 1452284150016.jpg (45KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1452284150016.jpg
45KB, 450x450px
>>81689239
>the best comic
>>
>>81691410
But having a new board again is redundant. That would be like two boards that can discuss the same thing with anons on both ends being able to troll via
>WAHH, ANON MENTIONED THE WORD COMIC! >>>/co/

>WAHH, CAPESHIT SHOW BEING MENTIONED IN TWO POSTS! >>>/cape/
>>
I read the first arc, it was fun.

Does it get better?
>>
I forgot to thank the OP back when this was storytime'd last time.

THANK YOU

Man, reading Morrison's Animal Man, Catwoman vol 2 and Suicide Squad with /co/ - it was pretty damn good few months.
>>
>>81689613
I think Rob Williams has potential too. But yeah, Orlando would clearly write a great squad.
>>
>>81691942
So like, yeah and no? I think the movie is more new squad in feel but at the same time Ayer (or whoever did the scripting) has clearly read the Ostrander squad and is incorporating lots of character elements
>>
>>81693022
The storytimes recently have been good, that is the /co I like. Thanks to these threads in recent months I got into Suicide Squad, Grimjack, Judge Dredd, and read some Green Arrow and Mad Max comics.

I saw a thread about feet the other day, and too much waifu/husbando shit. I know technically these are comics threads but c'mon, feet.

As for board structure, /co should become Western comics, with a new board for cartoons and animation.

As for Suicide Squad,I hear the Ostrander trades are solicited upto 5 books so far and I have read the first two. The first trade is better than the second, which feels bitty due to the crossovers and event comics.

Is the Deadshot Beginnings comic by Ostrander any good? I know I'll pick it up at some point.
>>
>>81694515
>not liking feet
Despite your shit taste, I'll respond anyway. I would recommend Deadshot Beginnings only if you like Ostrander's Deadshot. It isn't the best thing Ostrander has put out, it's just pictures to an origin you would already know if you had paid attention to previous Suicide Squad stories.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.