[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: The Flash.jpg (272KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
The Flash.jpg
272KB, 1200x800px
>In 2003, The WB greenlit a TV show about the Flash produced by Todd Komarnicki and modeled after SMALLVILLE. In the show, Barry Allen is a high school student from Gotham City who develops the ability to travel through time after a laboratory accident and uses his newfound abilities to correct damages done to the timestream. Allen was envisioned as an average teenager in plainclothes, while "The Flash" refers to the process of moving forward or backwards in time.
>>
File: mfw_0.gif (997KB, 360x230px) Image search: [Google]
mfw_0.gif
997KB, 360x230px
Damn, we sure as fuck dodged that bullet
>>
>>80282316
>>>/tv/
>>
>>80282464
There he is. There he goes again.
>>
>>80282464
You're slowing down Flash, soon your speed will be mine!!
>>
>>80282316

>Flash in Gotham

what
>>
Y'know, the worst part is that I could see something like this getting like 5 seasons. Enough to the point where they'd eventually be forced to include more Flash characters but still in the same shitty style as the rest of the show. I could see this version of Captain Cold being an Ice Cream truck driver who uses the truck as a front to rob banks or Reverse Flash being his high school principal who also gets time powers
>>
>>80282757
>I admired you once, Barry. I wanted to be you. Even reproduced that model volcano that earned you first place at the science fair. But I didn't get first place. I was told it was not as good as you. That's when I realized I had to become your Reverse. For every A you got, I'd score an F. Every girl that rejected you, I'd take. Every time you fix the timeline, I'll be there to mess it up. You can use the Flash as much as you want, because I'll always be there, with my... REVERSE-FLASH.
>>
>>80282757
Implying he wouldn't be Captain Snart, captain of the local police force who are so corrupt that the local population call them 'the Rogues'.

>You know what they called me in the academy for being so ruthless, kid? Captain Cold.
>>
>>80282757
>>80282861
So...the Evil Leapers from Quantum Leap.
>>
>>80282316
>>80282861
>>80282863
I would unironically watched this show.
>>
>>80282861
>I'll always be there, with my.... REVERSE FLASH.
Man, that's some JoJo type shit right there
>>80282863
>Captain Snart
>Captain of the local police force
Fucking perfect. I could see Barry making up the name "Captain Cold" as an insult to how cold-hearted he is
>>
>>80282757
>Instead of Jay Garrick we get Jay-Jay, Barry's wacky black friend who wears a backwards cap that he uses to store his good luck feathers in
>That one AU episode where Jay-Jay gets the Flash powers instead of Barry
>>
>Mirror Master
>Groundhog Day Trap powers
>>
>Barry's enemies are a group of douchebag football players for the school team, the Gotham City Rogues.

>Len Snart, also known as Captain Cold, the captain of the football team who's ruthless in the field.

>Mick Rory, also known as Heat Wave, the quarterback who's always "bringing the heat".

>Sam Scudder, also known as Mirror Master, the linebacker who can mimic any play on the rival team, "like a mirror".

>Mark Mardon, also known as Weather Wizard, the kicker who can "play no matter the weather".

>They start out as bullies and slowly graduate to low-level thugs whose crimes are condoned and covered up by the asshole football coach Ed Clariss. The only one that calls them out on their bullshit is bro-tier Chemistry teacher Jay Garrick.
>>
>>80283169
That's almost too good, you have a gift my friend.
>>
>>80283169
>Iris is a cheerleader who starts out dating Snart

>Patty is the nerdy girl next door that's in love with Barry without him noticing.

>Hal Jordan is the cool transfer student who gets into a lot of trouble but is actually a pretty chill guy.

>Jay and his Golden Age supporting characters and enemies are teachers and staff members.

>Barry and his Silver Age supporting characters and enemies are students and fellow teens.

>Wally and his Bronze Age supporting characters and enemies at the "new kids" that get introduced halfway through when the original cast gets too old and has to go to a college setting.
>>
>>80283169
>That episode where the Rogues frame Barry of using and dealing Speed
>>
>>80283257
Alright, given how the "Flash" here refers to the effect that Barry's time powers emit...what about "Green Lantern"?

>Hal is able to reconstruct past events in rooms by walking around, taking on a green hue
>>
>>80283304
>Coach Ed blackmails Professor Garrick into creating a powerful super-drug that recreates Barry's powers so that the football team can win the big game
>>
>>80282316
>while "The Flash" refers to the process of moving forward or backwards in time
Holy fuck this was retarded
Good thing highschool garbage this was canned
>>
>>80283340
Nah, the Green Lantern should come in as a good-luck charm Hal got from his Archaeologist Dad while he was investigating the ruins of an ancient pyramid before his Dad mysteriously vanished. T the lantern is legendary for bringing light into the darkest day and he wears it every day in memory of his Dad
>>
>>80283169

C'mon man you have to sneer in the Trickster and Boomerang onto the team
>>
>>80283522
Mascot and Towel Manager
>>
>>80282757
There was a Birds of Prey show that ran like three or four seasons that I never even knew about, so yeah I could see it going on for awhile.
>>
>let's make a series out of this but change absolutely everything about it

I'll never understand this.

It's true that it attracts nerds on name alone, but how many stay and keep watching when they see what was done to their fave IP?

And as for the mass audience, they don't know what it's from so there's no need to take an already known IP and slap its name on something so far from it.
>>
>>80283169
Fund it.
>>
>>80282861
Why would the Principal enter the High School Science Fair?
>>
>>80282757
>>80282863
The whole high school schtick wouldn't be complete without the local bully to give Barry wedgies and call him a "queer boy" every once in a while.
>captain of the high school wrestling team, Tony Grodd
>uncontested varsity champion for 3 years
>you gotta watch yourself when you mess with the wrestling team, Barry! That Tony kid is so mean and tough we call him Gorilla Grodd
>>
Why is high school such a popular setting for superhero stories?
>>
>>80287408
Target audience.

It's why YA novels have so many super strong or misunderstood female characters or super sensitive shy guys as their MC. It's all about appealing to the narcissistic tendencies of your readers who want someone like them.

It's understandable.
>>
>>80282316
Wow, fuck this pitch. Sounds fucking terrible.
>>
Fuck you /co/. I didn't know I wanted this so badly
>>
>>80287845
Why would you want this? It's just a remake of The Time Tunnel with a coat of cheap Flash-colored paint.
>>
>>80286444
He's not the Principal.

Shit, it's like you didn't even watch episode 19!
>>
Iris was named Iris due to being born with large irises
>>
File: 1453859890815.jpg (16KB, 185x254px) Image search: [Google]
1453859890815.jpg
16KB, 185x254px
>>80282316

God damn

man, if these TV executive shits are just going to make up their own bullshit half of the time, then why go through the trouble of acquiring the license to use somebody else's property?

God damn this shit don't make no sense
>>
>>80286444
Time travel. Barry goes back in time to when the principal was in school, through a string of shenanigans he enters the science fair and beats the principal, leaving a mark on him forever.

When he grows up and becomes principal and see the very kid that stopped his dreams of a science career in his school he snaps, and vows to undo everything Barry Allen accomplishes.
>>
Are there any heroes with powers like that? Nome come to mind.
>>
>>80288594
Isn't that essentially what Rip Hunter does? To a certain extent Booster Gold too.
>>
>>80288594
>Are there any heroes with powers like that?

Time travel?
>>
>>80285121
ew
>>
>1990's THE FLASH was originally pitched as UNLIMITED POWERS, centered on the Flash accidentally travelling 10 years into the future, where Earth has been reduced to a devastated wasteland by a powerful madman. The Flash then joins forces with Green Arrow's daughter, Blok and Dr. Occult to lead an underground resistance and find a way back home. UNLIMITED POWERS was rejected because it'd be too expensive for any network at the time.
>>
File: flash can't wait to see it.jpg (28KB, 765x427px) Image search: [Google]
flash can't wait to see it.jpg
28KB, 765x427px
this thread is amazing.

I love you guys.
>>
File: 1455516521392.jpg (65KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1455516521392.jpg
65KB, 1920x1080px
>>80288880
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.